.
October 1st, 2013

National Bullying Prevention Month

October is National Bullying Prevention Month. On Monday’s show, we asked high school juniors and seniors to describe their ideas on how to stop bullying. You can see some of their answers here. What do you think should be done to stop bullying?

John Martin, Writer

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Emilee

To stop bulling teachers, students, adults, and the kids being bullied need to take a stand. Every one stands there and dose nothing,. We should feel safe at school, not afraid of when the next kids going to pick on us. Instead of letting this go on in schools, teachers should have a workshop where kids can get to know each other so no one is judged.

October 1, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
  2. Kaleb

Bullying is damaging kids mental Heath, I think that people should realise that bullying is wrong and just stop.

October 1, 2013 at 7:02 pm |
  3. Sarah

I think that if we really want to stop bullying we(kids) need to learn how to stand up for them self's and others. Show the bully that your stronger then they think.

October 1, 2013 at 8:22 pm |
  4. Emily

avoid the bully altogether but if encountered than just be nice,being mean will only make it worse.

October 1, 2013 at 8:38 pm |
  5. Carlye

I think that bullying is wrong because it hurts the person bullied and the bully.
    Because the bully knows deep down in their mind that what they are doing is wrong

October 1, 2013 at 8:56 pm |
  6. Whitney

I think to prevent bullying we could inform a younger audience from bullying. I also think that it is very important that we show that is NOT COOL. Like if one person from a group of friends were to say it was not cool we could stop bullying. Lastly every month they should mix up people and make them do something bonding together to show the bully's what kind of people are out there. Some of the bonding experiences could be volunteering at hospital, homeless shelter, grave sites where people killed themselves because of bullying, etc.

October 1, 2013 at 8:58 pm |
  7. Cassidye

I think every one should be taught at an early age to be accepting, no matter who or what is judged. People aren't going to change just because you don't like something about them, so people should know how to cope.

October 1, 2013 at 10:00 pm |
  8. Danielle

Although bullying can not just perish from this world we can help prevent it from happening. Just the support from others around and for them to speak up is what will help this slowly stop. If a person sees another getting bullied in any way, they should speak up and say something. Whether its directly to the person who is bullying or even another adult. Either way, it will help one know that they are not alone and we are here to help.

October 1, 2013 at 11:52 pm |
    • Neema

You worded it just right.

October 9, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  9. jesse

Stop bullying? JUST SAY SOMETHING, all it takes is a single word "stop" stand up for the ones who can not stand up for themselves its not cool to bully others it just makes you seem like a jerk.

October 2, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
    • Neema

I couldn't have said it any better.

October 9, 2013 at 1:25 pm |
  10. jeff

I feel like bullying puts people down and they do it to the people that are weaker then themselves. its not right how other people think that bully can make them a bigger person. my advice is don't let people bring you down from your level that your on.

October 2, 2013 at 12:30 pm |
  11. davion

to stop bullying we could make the person feel good about him/or self. also get the student to talk to a parent/teacher/ or a close friend that may alert the authorities. a close friend to the bully might help. we all should speak our minds when see that

October 2, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
    • Gretchen

Devon, there are rarely teachers that bullying victims can trust. There weren't when I was in school.

October 2, 2013 at 11:17 pm |
  12. janay

personally i dont think that anyone can stop bullying.People is going too bully just to make their self look better.But that isnt right and they need serious consequences

October 2, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
    • Alice

I have a similar thought with you... I think there is nobody to stop bullying... They just bully people to make themselves look better.. But it isn't right... The world should make this bad bully stop!! My suggestion is that people should realize that bullying is bad, also for your future life...

October 3, 2013 at 5:14 am |
  13. shakayla

I think there is a lot of things already that we can do to stop bullying its just people don't follow it and that is very wrong to do bullying hurts people all the time basicly i think they should be harder on bullying for peoples safety

October 2, 2013 at 12:34 pm |
  14. Shehrbano

I think bullying is completely wrong. Even if an adult confronts a bully, there is a chance that they will do it anyways. They need a lesson taught and we can't let this go on. We need everyone to have enough confidence and self esteem to stick up for themselves.

October 2, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
  15. marquise

I Don't think bully will ever spot. coming up with new solutions& ideas might help stop the problem. it starts with the young kids because they need to learn about bullying from a young age.

October 2, 2013 at 4:33 pm |
  16. casiana

I think bullying is a serious problem. Do I think much can be done to prevent it? No I don't. I believe that bullying is just part of life. Sometimes in life you and other citizens are just going to be stepped on. JUST SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT!!!!

October 2, 2013 at 4:33 pm |
  17. JODY

TRUTHFULLY PEOPLE BULLY BECAUSE THEY FEEL POWERLESS SO THEY HAVE TO PICK ON SOMEONE POWERLESS OR DEFENSELESS JUST TO GAIN RESPECT FROM PEOPLE THAT PUT ON A MASK TO SHOW THAT IS WAS COOL OR BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE WHAT THE OTHER PERSON HAVE SO THEY HAVE ACT INAPPROPRIATELY SO FOR THE BULLYS GO AND GET HELP IT CAN BE STOP STAND UP AND GROW UP STOP BULLYING

October 2, 2013 at 4:38 pm |
  18. Hana

Stick up for your self. Don't take anything to heart what he/ she is saying.when someone else is being bullied if you can't help then talk to the person afterwards and ask if there are ok. If nothing is working then ask a teacher and ask them not to use your name when they are asking he/ she to stop there behavior. Make sure to have respect for yourself and think it through and never have a reaction because bully's crave attention just keep a straight mind.

October 2, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
  19. Angel

I think that it all starts with your home and past situations. if you (the bullies) have situations like that then you need to feel like you need to take it out on everybody because they don't or cant feel the pain you feel. Everybody's somewhat equal so don't think your the only one like this . theres probably another kid just like you having the same problems. The best thing to do is just stop ..... think about it ..... then walk away ! Because honestly your not getting anything from it . Telling bullies to stop doesn't do anything because they feel like they don't have to listen to you they can do what they want. And giving them punishments only makes it worst . the best thing to do is just let them stop on there ON.

October 2, 2013 at 6:19 pm |

I think that you should just ignore it. But if it continues, then tell a teacher or get a group of friends to stand up to the bully.

October 2, 2013 at 6:41 pm |

I think that you should just ignore the bully. I've been bullied before and it wasn't pretty. But if you tell a teacher, it ends really fast. Or, if the teacher doesn't listen to you, then get a group of friends and stand up to the bully. The more confidence you have is better.

October 2, 2013 at 6:55 pm |
  22. Jessica

Bullying has become a huge problem in schools or anywhere else. What I think needs to be done is teachers/ mentors need to try and get kids in a group more often. Then split up the bulling ' clique.' Many bully's don't go alone. Even putting kids in groups sitting together during classes. Or getting assigned groups. That's what I think would be the best.

October 2, 2013 at 8:18 pm |
  23. Heidi

I've been bullied. I know what its like. Unless you've been bullied, you do not realize it. The power of one makes a difference. Because of one person, I found light in the darkness

October 2, 2013 at 9:20 pm |
  24. Alice

I have a similar thought with you (janay)... I think there is nobody to stop bullying... They just bully people to make themselves look better.. But it isn't right... The world should make this bad bully stop!! My suggestion is that people should realize that bullying is bad, also for your future life...

October 3, 2013 at 5:19 am |
  25. Man

I think anyone can stop bullying , if you had bullying from other , Go to tell to teacher and parent .just only one way to resolve it .

October 3, 2013 at 7:03 am |
  26. lazaro

i think that bully is not right and it not good most people in up kill there sefe and other for reverge and i know some one that was bully and she was said and mad that people are like that the best way to had a bully is walk away and the keep it up they the teacher

October 3, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  27. richard

October 3, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  28. Diana

People should be taught to not be hard on other people! Everyone of all ages can bully or be bullied and that should not happen. Everyone has their own lives and no one knows what the other is going through. Life is hard enough without other people trying to ruin it. We should make everyone aware of this.

October 3, 2013 at 9:45 am |
  29. Kassandra

In my opinion i think that every person it does not matter their race should be taught to be considered about no bullying. I think that bullying is wrong because it hurts the person bullied and the bully. Because the bully knows deep down in their mind that what they are doing is wrong. Bullying is damaging kids mental Heath.

October 3, 2013 at 9:45 am |
  30. Austin

Get the people out of school. Take all the trouble makers out and keep all the ones here to learn. I don't know of many people that are bullies at my school but if they are any kick them out.

October 3, 2013 at 10:06 am |
  31. Ro'darius

one way I think bulling should be solved would be to have a talk with the child give them punishment to learn not to bully no more and also give love because we never know what happens at home and just get a understanding about why they doing what they doing

October 3, 2013 at 11:17 am |
  32. Bradley

In order to stop bullying teacher students everyone needs to stop standing there and do something. Because they is always someone there that wants to do something but is scared or don't know what to do.

October 3, 2013 at 11:19 am |
  33. Luke

Im not saying fight but i thank every one should stick up for their self , but at the same time every person that bullies should be suspend or sent to iss .

October 3, 2013 at 11:20 am |
  34. Sofi

You shouldn't be bullied by race, color, culture, tradition or by your economic level. They should kick bullies out of schoool. People should not do any of those things to others if you don't want it to be done to you. People should not be scared to go to school of to step outside their house.

October 3, 2013 at 11:22 am |
  35. samson

we cant stop bulling. Im not saying its right but we cant stop it. its always going to be around. we can just try

October 3, 2013 at 11:25 am |
  36. Ron

In my opinion i think that every person it does not matter their race should be taught to be considered about no bullying.
    they should stop bullying.

October 3, 2013 at 11:27 am |
  37. Kaye

I think we should stop bullying innocent people. Those who do nothing to others are always getting picked on. Many students who aren't fully there or have it all go through the worst bullying ever. Students should see that humans are humans and everyone is different from everybody else.

October 3, 2013 at 11:28 am |
  38. Sierra

I think bulling is bad because you shouldn't bully somebody because their a different color than you or just because they don't have the stuff you have or because their better than you. God made everyone different for a reason, but yet at the end he wants everyone to be going to the same place. Bulling is damage children's mental health, a lot of children have commented suicide because they've been bullied steady and they thought it would be better for them to do that so they wouldn't have to go through the pain anymore. I think the ones that are trouble makers and bullies should get out of the school until they learn how to treat others the way they want to be treated and until they learn how to follow rules and be nice for once and keep the ones that's not trouble makers and bullies in school that want to learn.

October 3, 2013 at 11:28 am |
  39. Joshalin

Why Should People Bully ? I Mean, I Know Sometimes People Who Bully Are Sometimes Bullied Also And They Just Take Out There Anger Towards Someone Else. But, Still They Don't Have The Right To Hurt Other People. People Who Bully Think They Are Strong, Better, More Important, And Etc. But Honestly They Are Not, They're Just Some Ignorant People Who Wants To Get The Attention From Others, I Think Each Principal From Each School Should Go To Each Of The Classes There is In Each School And Talk To The Students And let Them Though That They Are Not Alone. They Should Separate Trouble-Makers, From The Rest of The Students. Teachers, Sub's, And Principals Should Talk More About Bullying. All The Staff From Each School Should Be Watching And Be Absorbing The Students At Any Moment.

October 3, 2013 at 11:28 am |
  40. thomas

I think they should have cameras in every hall way so every body in front office can see bullying but in tell they do they bullying is going to keep on in tell somebody gets hert then the school will learn there lesson.

October 3, 2013 at 11:29 am |
  41. Alysia

I think bullying is bad because people commit death because of some of the peoples stupidity and I think the people that are getting bullied they need to teach them a lesson and lets see how they feel to be bullied.... but I'm against bulling and I hate to see other people die or cry because of what people say to them.

October 3, 2013 at 11:32 am |
  42. romana

my idea to stop bully is to somehow watch the students and see who are the responsible one who bully. teachers should be everywhere that a possible bully location could happen. If teachers can be easily located then I think the bully events wont occur.

October 3, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
  43. zaria

In my opinion i think that every person it don`t matter what there are many reason appearance, weight, and most of all race they should be taught to be considered about bullying. I think that bullying is wrong because it hurts the people pride and self asteam but some people bully because at home theyare not being treated right and even bullied themselves.

October 3, 2013 at 1:23 pm |

All bullies need to be removed from school. People that want to learn are not here to be bullied. I thnk all bullies should be charged.

October 3, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  45. Sha-Tara

I feel that no child shall have to deal with being bullied. It is not fun nor a game. So why does it go on? The reason behind bullying is some kid is insecure or trying to impress someone. Which either way it is wrong because, you are hurting someone. I feel kids should never fear a bully. There should be a class on "how to never fear a bully."

October 3, 2013 at 1:29 pm |
  46. Kwonski

, I think that people should realize that bullying is wrong and just stop cause its killing a lot of people.

October 3, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
  47. Hayden

To stop bullying we should stand up for each other, or tell an adult. Also don't go along with the bully, they think that they're cool if you laugh and talk about what they did to another kid. If you tell an adult about it in school and they catch it, they will send them home, that really helps because it teaches them not to do it and it gets them out of the school for awhile.

October 3, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
  48. panchito

well what we can do to prevent bullying is just start getting other boys top beat up the bully and ask him how it feels to get bullied and then I think they will change cause it don't feel good to get bullied

October 3, 2013 at 1:42 pm |
  49. koya

Bullying is a big problem in school. but for me it was not. I think student caught bullying should be suspended for 365 days.

October 3, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
  50. Clare

Dont to do it yourself in the first place and help your friends stand up to other bullies

October 3, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
  51. Rachel

Students (and kids) should be encouraged to stand up for one another. Sitting and watching someone get harassed is only putting fuel to the fire. Don't be a bystander and help stop bullying together!

October 3, 2013 at 3:57 pm |
  52. Emily

if a bully takes it to far tell a teacher and if you're threatened by the bully tell someone immediately it is no joking matter

October 3, 2013 at 5:38 pm |
  53. Jude

I think people should teach their kids at a young age that bullying is not ok and how to deal with a bully. If most kids are taught this at age 7-9 or so, then I think bullying will decrease drastically, as kids would know not to bully, and kids that do bully are stood up against by lots of kids who know bullying is not ok.

October 3, 2013 at 9:25 pm |
  54. Macy

Bullying is just someone making someone feel bad to make themselves feel good. Making a bully feel good about themselves might make the bully stop. Try walking by saying something like, "Great job on your game last night! I heard you were amazing!" or something simple like, "I love your shoes!"

October 3, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
  55. Hollie

I am on the road to recovery after self harming for 4 years, and the school is aware of my physical and mental state. After several team meetings and even establishing "the purple pledge", I'm not sure they're taking this problem seriously.

October 4, 2013 at 10:13 am |
  56. ricardo

at my high school the police say went u see they are fight tell the police

October 4, 2013 at 10:21 am |

I think we should just be nice to everyone in general.

October 4, 2013 at 10:26 am |

I think we should just be nice and respectful all the time to everyone. I mean we are all humans all make mistakes and we are not perfect.

October 4, 2013 at 10:30 am |
  59. Kylie

The only true way to stop bulling is to make a no-tolerance policy and enforce it. If you just say that bulling isn't allowed at school then kids won't listen. Just suspending kids won't work either. That just means they get to go home, and most of the time they would prefer that. It doesn't catch up to them until they miss so much school that they have to repeat a grade. Make the kids being bullied feel safe. If they're be tormented in a certain class, take the bully out of that class and make them take it after school. When kids realize that they're are consequences they will know that that they can't do it.

October 4, 2013 at 11:36 am |
  60. Jesus

Bullying is very hurtful and it causes most suicidal problems. I used to get bullied and from then I think back on how harsh my life was back then. Bullying should be stopped now so no more kids can get hurt.

October 4, 2013 at 2:10 pm |
    • Maria

Bullying is very hurtful and I think it should be stopped immediately.

October 9, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
  61. Parker

Security cameras. EVERYWHERE.

October 4, 2013 at 3:53 pm |
  62. Nicole

Bullying hurts not just the person being bullied but also hurts the people seeing it. people feel bad that someone is being picked on but they are scared to get bullied so they don't say or do anything about it. In my honest opinion its not cool to bully so one way to solve it is by just not doing it.

October 6, 2013 at 7:57 pm |
  63. Solon

To stop bullying, we need to first get people to recognize bullying every time they see something that is considered bullying, Then they need to know what to do if they know it's bullying. They have to do something. We also need to take away the bully's power, get their followers to stop bullying with them. Maybe the followers are the people that give the bully power! If we can stop the followers, the bully will have no power.

October 6, 2013 at 8:48 pm |
  64. Luke

To stop bullying, more kids should tell an adult if they are getting bullied instead of trying to handle it by themselves. Most kids get hurt when they don't tell an adult if they're being bullied. Also, more teachers in school should look out for bullying or signs of it. Stopping a bully would prevent lots of trouble and save some kids from being harmed.

October 9, 2013 at 9:23 am |
  65. Kayla

To stop bullying, we need people to recognize bullying every time they see it. People then need to know what to do when they see it happen. We also need to take away a bully's power and get get their 'followers' to stop bullying. If we can stop encouraging bullys and bad behavior, we can end bullying as a whole.

October 9, 2013 at 9:26 am |
  66. Emily

There needs to be more effective ways to prevent bullying. A bully needs to see the harm they can cause first-hand to their victim(s). To see examples of it online doesn't always help portray the message enough. Some people may be harder than others to convince that what they're doing is morally wrong, but remaining persistent will eventually get the message through to them that they need to make a change.

October 9, 2013 at 9:28 am |
  67. Silas

I think we should have anonymous boxes so people can report bullying anonymously in schools.

October 9, 2013 at 9:31 am |
  68. Ben

To stop bulling, if you are a person to see it happing go to an adult and tell them about what's happing. You can also be the person to speak up and tell them what they are doing is wrong and help stop them. If you are the one being bullied stand up for your self the reason it happens is the person is to scared to stop the bully which is what give the bullies power to keep going.

October 9, 2013 at 9:32 am |
  69. Rachel

Students need to learn to respect each other. You don't have to be best friends with everyone, but respect is something you have to do. Bullying is terrible and wrong. Bullying awareness is important because it teaches bullies and their followers and even people who are against bullying about bullying. It can lead kids to harm themselves or kill themselves. We need to make people aware of bullying.

October 9, 2013 at 9:33 am |
    • Cassidy

Yeah, if adults were more aware, it would definitely help the bullying decrease. Plus, some adults need to show more compassion sometimes. It seems that some adults will listen, but they don't do anything that will really helps solve the issue.

October 9, 2013 at 10:10 pm |
  70. David

People should stop bullying because its not healthy for kids...

October 9, 2013 at 1:20 pm |
  71. Kaitlyn

People should not bullying other people. They think they're cool, but they're not. People have feelings. How would they bully feel if he/she was the one that got bullied.

October 9, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  72. Neema

I think that bullying is a serious issue and no one deserves to feel that kind of pain. If you don't want to feel that pain don't cause it to others because it could have serious effects.

October 9, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  73. Chris

Students shouldn't say rude thing to other students. If you have nothing nice to say just keep it to yourself.

October 9, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
  74. Robert

Students should not have to worry about getting at school. You go to school to get an education not to get bullied.

October 9, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
  75. Jessica

People have to stop bulling each other and pick on other kids the best advice that i could give to the people bulling is to just grow up.

October 9, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  76. Maria

To help stop bullying kids must know what this can lead to. it can lead to things like suicide. Some kids don't say anything because they think that this will never happen to them but it can happen to anyone.

October 9, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  77. Erick

To stop bullying we need to learn to respect each other and if you do see someone bullying a student, go to an adult and tell them so they can help stop it.

October 9, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  78. Jayna

I feel that bullying is a very serious situation. No one should be treated unfairly, you dont have to be best friends with everyone, or like everyone, but u do have to respect them. Just because someone doesn't have designer clothes doesn't mean that they should be made fun of. If someone is being bullied, they should not be afraid to speak up.

October 9, 2013 at 1:26 pm |

Bullying has been a nationwide topic. I feel kids do not take this as serious as it should be taken. If kids were put into the situation it would make it feel more realistic. Schools should put on skits or have the kids take part in something that can help them make out what if feels like to be put in this situation.

October 9, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
  80. Nadine

Students all need to learn how to get along we should take seminars on bullying and how it affects the kids being bullied.

October 9, 2013 at 1:29 pm |
  81. Ryan

I believe anti-bullying week is a great start to something new. I believe this can be the end of bullying. This will show the bullys that bullying is not good and a lot of people are against it.

October 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  82. Jonathan

I think that we should have lots activities that everyone is working together.

October 9, 2013 at 3:04 pm |
  83. Nicholas

Try to make freinds or if that doesn`t work tell a teacher or if THAT doesn`t work just make other friends to be on your side to help you.

October 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm |

I think kids shouldn't be scared to speck out if someone is bulling them

October 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
  85. Melany

I think people need to learn to respect each other and get along

October 9, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
  86. Gianna

I think that students need to treat others the way they want to be treated. If you see someone being bullied you should stand up for that person. We should all be friendly and help each other out when needed.

October 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
  87. Anyi

students need to laern that bulying becomes a real serious problem. I think bullying awareness moth is super inportant and serious.

October 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
  88. Fernando

Student need to learn how to respect each other and not to bully other people

October 9, 2013 at 3:06 pm |
  89. Stephanie

Everyone has to learn to respect everyone. Like seriously. Don`t bully people just because they have something different than you. Bullying doesn`t make you cool. Bullying awareness is important because one day a person will be bullied enough to commit suicide and do self harm. So we should change something about that.

October 9, 2013 at 3:08 pm |
  90. Deryn

Bullying is bad and should not be going on, but it is anyway. i believe that it is good that we are trying to stop it, but, in all reality, there's nothing we can do to stop it permanently. No matter what we do, people will continue bullying other people. The least we can do is help those who are being bullied. And people who are being bullied need to stand up for themselves and tell someone about what is happening to them.

October 9, 2013 at 5:47 pm |
  91. Kayley

To have a person stop bullying people need to know when enough is enough and tell a teacher. If you aren't going to tell a teacher the least you could do would be to stick up for yourself. Ask friends/family/teachers or any trust worthy adult about what is occurring and they might be able to help you. If you just let the problem go on it is only going to get worse.

October 9, 2013 at 6:30 pm |
  92. Adriana

i think if you want to stop bullying you need to get kids not to be afraid to ask for help. Teachers need to be more on the look-out for bullies and people getting bullied. Also kids need to ask themselves this: Would I want someone doing this to me? IIf not then don"t do it. This will always be an unsolved problem but maybe if adults were a little more cautious and kids were a little more aware, this would not be so much of a problem.

October 9, 2013 at 11:10 pm |
  93. Anjali

Everyon eneeds to know that everyone is equal. No one is 'popular' or and no one is a 'nerd'.

October 10, 2013 at 11:20 am |

Bullying is wrong and unnecessary. Not everybody is perfect. Somebody shouldn't be bullied on how they dress or even how much they weigh. Its disrespectful, a lot of people are getting being bullied everyday. When I go to school I don't see people being bullied because we all respect each other. But when I do I stick up for them or others do because its cruel and they know that the person being bullied can't stand up for their themselves.
    Don't bully someone to fit in. I see this a lot in my school. I see someone making fun of somebody acne, and of course others laughed. But really it isn't funny at all. You don't need to make fun of someone to make yourself look good. Don't bully because when you do it can lead into someone physically hurting themselves.

October 12, 2013 at 10:52 am |
  95. Joshua

Bullying is completely wrong. Ain't nobody perfect in this world so why pick on someone else? I used to be bullied, and let me tell you, geting picked on and sometimes getting punched isn't exactly the best feeling in the world. It makes you want to go completely crazy on them. But I'm bigger than a lot of kids and if I fought back, there's a pretty good chance I might dislocate their jaw. So I show self control. That way, instead of picking on me they may pick on someone else or stop period.But all in all, bullying sucks.

October 13, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
  96. Hailey

I love this month because i get bullied alot at my school evan after school i got beat up and they broke my glassses

October 13, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
  97. John

Doctors take an oath "DO NO HARM!". We should teach kids who bully, how rewarding it is to do something nice for someone. Kids don't understand what they do now, influences their behavior and future decisions. No one will hire them to be a leg breaker, or even shun someone from their exclusive group".

October 14, 2013 at 10:39 am |
  98. Andrew

Bullying is in now way, shape, or form cool. I think that to stop bullying, teachers need to have a better watch on their students and what is going on around them. They should not just ignore something if they think the kids are just friends or are playing around.

October 14, 2013 at 11:54 am |
  99. Madison

I was bulled. It's like your life is 20000 times worse. My first time being bulled was kindergarten. My life was upside down. Now, I sometimes I what to forget my struggles, just to be me. It's hard having learning disabilities, harder to be yourself when you are different. People need to be understanding on the impact on words. I sometimes don't what to go to my place of happiness because of fear of being discovered of my learning disabilities.

October 14, 2013 at 3:36 pm |
  100. TeNeil

I think that bullying is awful. Nobody should have to go through it. I think bullying is a problem in bigger schools and not such a huge problem in smaller schools like the one I attend. I think that every state should have laws against bullying and that the bully should have to face harsh punishments.

October 15, 2013 at 11:24 am |
    • Luzia

I was the meanest bully I knew, but then I got bullied. Since I got bullied my lived changed. I never bullied again and I was sorry for being a bully. Something I learned from being a bully is that, when you bully someone your heart feels bitter than the heart of the one being bullied. So now I learned to treat others the way I will want to be treated. I will try to never ever in my whole live to bully someone ever again!

October 16, 2013 at 7:28 pm |
  101. Luzia

To stop bullying I think the best idea is to give a inspiring speech about stopping bullying. With a good speech bullies may become good ad act better.(lets do it, just like Martin Luther King).

October 16, 2013 at 7:21 pm |
  102. Kadie

I think that we should stop bullying all together ive been bullied really bad since fith grade and it never stop to me ignoring them never helps. replying nicely does though punishing just makes the bully do it again every body bullies even i do it. Bullying is mean and its not nice to the other person i think that tjos should be stopped by confronting the person (nicely) and telling them how you feel because suprisingly sometimes they dont know or they dont mean to.And if they dont listen Walk away get some consolement from a good friend.

October 22, 2013 at 8:01 pm |
  103. Sadie

just don't bully its that simple goodness its ruining someones else life if you do that it may lead to death

October 22, 2013 at 8:03 pm |
  104. Jami

I have been a victim of both Cyber bullying and Bullying I sometime blame bullying on lousy parenting but the matter is some bullies used to be bullied and don't want to be bullied again. By this they attack other students but I believe we need to stop this because the more we twindle are thumbs the more kids go into suicide mode. It about time we open are yes and realize this because the more we keep are eyes closed the more kids will pass on to bullying

October 24, 2013 at 9:50 pm |