September 15th, 2013

Your Message to the Universe

There's a record floating into space on the Voyager spacecraft, and it contains everything from greetings in multiple languages to sounds commonly heard on Earth. Of course, it was recorded back in the 1970s, so we're not talking digital audio here. ย But it brings up an interesting question: ย If you were to record something that would be put on a spacecraft and sent out into the universe, what would you say? ย And what would that say about you?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Please remember to include only your first name when commenting.

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Gabbi

My message to the universe: We are all a sum of the whole. We are all a part of the fabric of space.

I think it's sad that humans (adults) struggle within the confines of religion and social justices systems that existed prior to the Internet . Most human thinking is as equally outdated as the religion itself. That which keeps mankind here on earth in bondage. Weather it be alla or Jesus of Nazareth . .
    I believe what I would say to the universe is as simple as live and let live .

I wonder???? Do aliens fight each other as they did in Star Trek ?

September 15, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
    • Ben

W0W You are really going to tell them all that on a 1970's CD.

September 16, 2013 at 9:36 am |
    • Mike

You got really descriptive in the first sentence...

September 17, 2013 at 3:53 pm |
  2. Hana

I would write a message telling how my everyday life is and how things work. I would write about my education, the things I do daily like hobbies, school, clothes.

September 15, 2013 at 6:12 pm |
  3. Maanav

I would Write a message telling the location on earth andhow things work here

September 15, 2013 at 9:13 pm |
  4. Noah

I would send forth a message explaining how life may relate to a lifestyle they (extra-terrestrials) may live by, or helping them realize that we may or may not be alike.

September 15, 2013 at 9:16 pm |
  5. Lucy

I would write fast facts about the Earth, the nations, how things work around here, and how we would all like to be friends with them(the aliens).

September 16, 2013 at 2:35 am |
  6. Jiyoon

My message: Hello, do you know earth>? earth is a beautiful planet of the universe.
    Where are you from? Here in earth, we call you guys "Aliens"!

September 16, 2013 at 3:55 am |
  7. hailey

I would write, "hello this space craft is from earth , we are friendly please don't attack".

September 16, 2013 at 6:35 am |
  8. yasheknia

I would talk about how earth is nice and we knew they were there with all these photos and videos.

September 16, 2013 at 6:38 am |
  9. Jung

I would write a message telling them our country,South Korea. Introducing our culture,foods,and history.
    I love South Korea! Introducing other countries culture by other launguges will be great too.

September 16, 2013 at 6:54 am |
  10. Kenjela

My message to the universe would be how life is on earth, since we have oxygen, living animals besides aliens, and natural water and weather.

September 16, 2013 at 7:03 am |
  11. Amartya

Hello guys. We are from the planet earth. If you can hear us, then please come to Earth so we can talk to you. We are all living beings living in the universe, making your safety our responsibility. Even though we are all different, we all have a life and a heart which unites all of us and guides us through the right path. There is so much that we will enjoy in your planet as well as things that you will enjoy in our planet.

September 16, 2013 at 7:17 am |
  12. Anna

I would say how old I am and what year this is. I would say some of my favorite things to do, who's in my family, and what I like.

September 16, 2013 at 7:28 am |
  13. Tucker

Dear Aliens,

We wish that you would come to Earth, So we could know you are real. Life on Earth is very different from where
    you come from. We would like to learn things from you and we would teach you some things to.

September 16, 2013 at 8:24 am |
  14. Jahmeak

come to earthhhhhhh

September 16, 2013 at 8:38 am |
  15. Sarah

I would record a day in my life, and include sounds and explanations about what I do every day.

September 16, 2013 at 8:38 am |
  16. Jason

Finding intelligent life in the cosmos may not be in the best interest of those on Earth. Our history suggests that those in possesion of advanced technology conquer those with inferior technology. If we are all "one" in this universe what makes other life any different.

Msg: Did you forget about us? You have been here before.

September 16, 2013 at 8:42 am |
  17. zeke

I would of wrote about where we are so we could get in contact and figure out ho to communicate, what we look like, and what we eat.

September 16, 2013 at 9:36 am |
  18. Kylie

My message to the universe: If you are listening please DON'T come to Earth. Thank you.

September 16, 2013 at 9:37 am |
  19. Nick

My message to the Universe is what is it like up there is it cold, warm or whatever weather it is. Aer you an alien or are you something else. What are their hobbies and tell them my hobbies. Send out some interests in our technology and ask what type of stuff they have.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  20. shawn :)

i would do the same thing but i would have a motion sencer on it so if some thing would happen like that it would be easy for them to under stand it.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  21. Nathan

Hello, this is Earth speaking. We want to know what kind of technology you have. Do you have the socurces to get to Earth. If so we look forward to meeting you through peaceful interaction.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  22. Cade

I would write a message saying that this ship is from Earth. We come in peace and we mean no harm to you. I would only say it in English. I would put sounds and video from Earth. I would tell them about what goes on on Earth on a daily basis that is what I would say.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  23. Autumn

I'd probably write about my daily life and about how our society works. Talk about my hobbies, friends, etc. Then explain our society. How the government runs, how our school systems work. How life works here on Earth. Then to conclude explain how both things tie together.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  24. Kaleb

I would say greetings from Earth. We come in peace and would like to here back from you.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  25. Brennan

I would say, helo how are u doing, i was wondering (if you can write) what its like living on another planet. I"ve always been fasinated about whats beyond Earths atmosphere. What can you see? Whats life like? Is it hard to understand the way of your world?

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  26. jacob

I would say, Hi if you are able to respond please do so. If freindly come to our planet.

September 16, 2013 at 9:39 am |
  27. Cassidy

I would write lyrics to my favorite song: Sleepwalking by Bring Me the Horizon. And also talk about Doctor Who...

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  28. Shiana

I would say how life works,what new things people have made, the new technoligy, what type of new achievments people made, and how our life style is.

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  29. Alexis

I would wright about my life on planet earth and the different things I use every day. I would wright about my friends too.

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  30. Kiley

My message to the universe would be talking about how it is in America and what most people do from day to day. For kids, things like going to school, after school hobbies like sports or other things, and then the rest of the daily routine. For adults, it could be how they get ready in the morning and how they go to work or other things everyday.

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  31. Faith

My message to the universe would be about what goes on in todays time. It's hard for some people and others just don't care about a thing. Also i would mention about stuff in the past, how my school life goes and my hobbies.

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  32. Maggie

My message to the universe would be about how terrible our ecomony is. It would state that many people do not have jobs, that would like to. I would also state how many people have been layed off just in the year of 2013. I would talk about myself a little bit. How I think things are going in the world around me, and just basic everyday facts. I would have a few questions. Like how it's like up in outerspace. I'm sure that there are plenty of people who have some of the same questions that I do

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  33. Collin

My message to the universe would be information about Earth and what life on Earth is like. I would also tell them about how different everyone is from one another. I would tell them about our technology and our society. Finally, I would tell them about God, and about how Jesus, the Lords son came and died on the cross for our sins.

September 16, 2013 at 9:40 am |
  34. Drew

We come in peace, we don't mean to harm you. We have come from planet Earth from the Milky Way. I would tell them the characteristics of my home my land and everyday things that I accomplish on Earth.

September 16, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  35. Maddy

My message to the universe would be telling them about my life. How things work on earth as in school, work, food, clothes, etc... The normal things we do every day on earth.

September 16, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  36. andy

I would probably write, hello is anyone out there? and tell them where earth is and tell them how to communicate with the human race.

September 16, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  37. Lexie

If I got to send a recording to send to space I would record my voice so aliens know how humans talk. It would say "Hi my name is lexie please talk back and sent it back to earth so humans know hoe aliens talk. They would tell me if there is any humans in outer space and tell me about theirself. They would also say i talked to aliens before.

September 16, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  38. natalie

i would tell them :Hello from planet Earth! If you are hearing this please show your self on Earth, but we come in peace .

September 16, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  39. Autumn

If I got a chance to send a message into space I would kinda give a summary of what earth is life and about my culture. I would tell them that we have certain religion and how we have buldings stuff on the face of the earth. I would tell them that everyone on earth is curious if you are real (refering to alliens) and that we are all curious about how they live and what there surroundings are like.

September 16, 2013 at 9:42 am |
  40. Tayte

I would tell about sports and all the fun things you can do on Earth. I would also tell how they run things on Earth, like our laws and about our president.

September 16, 2013 at 9:42 am |
  41. austin

I would tell them that we are humans and that we come from a different place in the fabic of the universe. That we are here to find out if there are aliens out there in the univse.

September 16, 2013 at 9:42 am |
  42. hunter

my message to the universe: we are all one place please al be friends with us we wont hurt you so dont hurt us.lets all be friends.we are sorry for rockets blasting through your home

September 16, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  43. Morgan

If I were to record something that would be put on a spacecraft and sent out into the universe, I would tell what life was like on Earth. I would explain how life was in the past and how it has changed to what it is like now.

September 16, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  44. Chloe

I would send a message telling them how everyday life is here on Earth, and ask them what they do on a daily basis.

September 16, 2013 at 9:44 am |
  45. Griffin

My message to the universe would be that my life on earth is ok. And that I love to do activities like sports. The world is not the greatest place, but it is what you make of it. I think it is a pretty cool place and you would love it. What best represents me is sports I love to play and be part of them.

September 16, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  46. gunnar

My Message to the Universe: I would tell all life forms that life on earth is a great thing. We have a lot of great things that you guys and girls would love. I play sports with friends and you guys could play too. I would also tell them about the war and the unhappy things. This is my message to the universe.

September 16, 2013 at 9:53 am |
  47. C.E

i would write about our everyday life how it would be with aliens on our planet. if things would still work as normal i think we would be out smarted by aliens. i think they would be more advanced then us humans.

September 16, 2013 at 9:58 am |
  48. Kiara

Hello Aliens. Do you guys speak your own language? Down here on earth, we struggle with judgmental people. In space, whats the one thing you guys struggle the most? Are you guys really green?

September 16, 2013 at 10:00 am |
  49. Sophia

I think I would tell aliens that they should come to earth so that we can see if they are realy an existing thing because many people like me don't believe in them. If they came to earth I would believe it. What this shows about me is that I am not a gullibale person and I need proof to believe things that people tell me. People may tell me that some have really seen alieans. I think that people who saw alieans were halusinating.

September 16, 2013 at 10:02 am |
  50. alex

i woulds say im a human from earth alex. that would put me as a human

September 16, 2013 at 10:04 am |
  51. Troy

i come in peace. that would make me a human from earth...

September 16, 2013 at 10:04 am |
  52. Noah

I would say that all of the people on earth do not want to hurt you.

September 16, 2013 at 10:04 am |
  53. Jack

I would put a rap about earth.

September 16, 2013 at 10:04 am |
  54. Thomas

Hi, we would like to meet you and our leader is Thomas on Earth.

September 16, 2013 at 10:05 am |
  55. Rachel

please come to earth aliens. your leader Thomas wants to see u

September 16, 2013 at 10:06 am |
  56. Allison

hey guys do you actually act like you do on movies or how you look? enjoy ๐Ÿ˜€

September 16, 2013 at 10:06 am |
  57. Vic

Hello People not from earth. i am a human being from earth as it says in the first sentence. You probably cant understand this, but we are living.

September 16, 2013 at 10:06 am |
  58. Faith

my message would be about the things i like to do and what its like here in everyday life and things and new tecnology we do here

September 16, 2013 at 10:08 am |
  59. Dreeeee

why are you hiding ? do you have 4 eyes? i already know your ugly im sending you toothpaste why you no show? are you a transformer???? which one? are you a alien or a predator ? when ever you man up show yourself.

September 16, 2013 at 10:08 am |
  60. Dreeeee

Yeahhh its me again i no see you yet.

September 16, 2013 at 10:09 am |
  61. Kaitlyn

I would wright about hobbies like shopping or cloths.

September 16, 2013 at 10:09 am |
  62. austen

are you there if you are dont mess with earth or i will hurt you.

September 16, 2013 at 10:09 am |
  63. Chance

My message would be, nothing because I wouldn't say anything. That's because I think its trivial and stupid to spend money on worthless spacecraft that don't turn into anything but space junk. That money spent on space could be better be used on Earth, and aliens don't exist for reasons I'd rather not get into now.

September 16, 2013 at 10:10 am |
  64. Lenard

My message would be beware of aliens. Do not make eye contact or go around them or you might shrunken by there ray gun.

September 16, 2013 at 10:10 am |
  65. Jj

I would tell them that if they wanted to come and see how life is to come and stop by we would love to hear how their life is and how we could change ours to be better. Also, I would like to tell them that Ice cream is awesome.

September 16, 2013 at 10:12 am |
  66. Ms. Bresser's class

(1) what resources do you have?
    (2) what kind of life do you have in your galaxy?
    (3) how do you communicate between one another?

September 16, 2013 at 10:22 am |
  67. Rebecca

I would want to let them know they're not the only living things around. We are from a friendly place wene were not to busy disagreeing with each other. tell them a little bit about Earth. About are air we breath. That our home is mostly water.... tell them about humans and animals... and that kind of stuff...
    p.s. you have to send pictures so they know what we mean...

September 16, 2013 at 11:11 am |
  68. Coach Bee's Class

We would let them know how great our planet is and what good food we have here! Come and enjoy!!!! PS- Do aliens have record players?

September 16, 2013 at 11:25 am |
  69. Drew

You would need to have a Philologist give some key words so that they could figure out our language. Once we had a common knowledge of language it would be easy to relate to the aliens. However, most likely the aliens wouldn't be sentient, and this message would be wasted

September 16, 2013 at 11:41 am |
  70. thea

i would say hi and hows life up there

September 16, 2013 at 11:42 am |
  71. Bethany

I would say "Hi my name is Bethany nice to meet you strangers, I come in peace (PeaceBlock!)

September 16, 2013 at 11:42 am |
  72. Jonas

I would just tell them about my daily life and explain how our world works. I would tell them about music, religion, art, animals, sports, food, race, and education. I also would like to ask them how they live..

September 16, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  73. luis

whats your fav show?

September 16, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  74. Jamylex

My message would be do you come in peace if so have fun on earth if not get of our planet

September 16, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  75. Joshua

We are friendly. Are you?
    Can we all Coexist?

September 16, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  76. Meraliz

What color are you are, you green? Do you have a big head ? are you small?

September 16, 2013 at 11:46 am |
  77. Diana

my message would be we dont harm. rumors are that you're abducting and flying around America. is it true? or do people just want attention?

September 16, 2013 at 11:47 am |
  78. Mrs. Durr's class

We would put an ipod on the rocket that is loaded with important speeches that show how the United States has evolved throughout history. Some examples are the "I have a Dream Speech", speeches by presidents, and an audio recording of famous books. We would put hit songs from different eras. We would also put an audio encyclopedia that tells about everything in the world today. We would put radio recordings from important events from history, such as WWI, WWII, Vietnam, September 11th, etc.

September 16, 2013 at 11:57 am |
  79. JERRI

if there were alian in the universe a message i would want to send is hip hop music.

September 16, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
  80. ashley

if there were aliens out in the universe i would say hi and track were they live and see how they survive and what they

September 16, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
  81. JA

If there are any life out there I would tell them that we should not fear each other and that we should unite and then they can show then how we live and how we work.

September 16, 2013 at 12:15 pm |
  82. Dakota

My message to the universe would be to stay strong, stand up and fight for what you believe in and never ever give up.

September 16, 2013 at 12:39 pm |
    • Dillon

What if they believe in killing us?

September 16, 2013 at 2:14 pm |
  83. Tyler

Dear Aliens, If you are to find the Voyage, we have come in peace in order to find life in outer space that is similar to our ways.

September 16, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  84. Kalub

I would say that earth is a very happy happy happy place and that school is so boring

September 16, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
  85. Nick

II would send a mesage talking about us and our technology. Ask them about if they are technologically advanced compared to us. Do they have a problem with the people of Earth?

September 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
  86. Blaise

i would say that duck dynasty is the best thing ever

September 16, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
  87. ren

I would tell them to take me to there leader and show me how advenced your race is.

September 16, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
  88. Tyson

I would send out a message that said "I Like Burritos!!!!!!!!!"

September 16, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
  89. Bob

earth is 70% water and we have trees and grass sports that are fun

September 16, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
  90. Blaise

I would ask watever is out there if they speak a diffrent language

September 16, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
  91. Lawson

Is space fun to be in? I have always wanted to go. I really want to float in the air! Maybe one day!!

September 16, 2013 at 1:03 pm |
  92. blake

I am from planet Earth.

September 16, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
  93. Nick

To be honest, I don't believe in aliens so I wouldnt send a message. I do believe out of all the millions of galaxies there is how-ever other life forms then humans. What I don't believe is that there is some grey skinned, tall, vase-head shaped figure. As humans we generally think any life form must be somewhat relevant to the make up of a human. If there is other life forms out there it is probably just some virus or micro-organism that isnt on Earth...

September 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm |
  94. ethan

Dear Aliens: we are a another life that lives on the planet eartth the space craft have instructinons

September 16, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
  95. YNOHTNA

EARTH IS JUST FINE THE WAQY IT IS

September 16, 2013 at 1:08 pm |
  96. Brian

... hello people i never met

September 16, 2013 at 1:09 pm |
  97. Katy

Hi.

September 16, 2013 at 1:11 pm |
  98. Edwin

September 16, 2013 at 1:11 pm |
  99. Daysi :)

HELLO! what do you guys eat? what music do you guys listen to?

September 16, 2013 at 1:13 pm |
  100. Steven

Where is your planet?
    How do you look?

September 16, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
  101. Shania

I would put an iPod with music, with some pictures of places on Earth and books. Also, I would say "Hi" and hope you can visit Earth soon so that we can show some of your technology to us.

September 16, 2013 at 1:21 pm |
  102. codie

i would say hi and tell them a lot about earth and ask them to come to us

September 16, 2013 at 1:37 pm |
  103. michael

a camera voice recorder a net gun

September 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
  104. Karley

I would say Hi, this message is from planet Earth. I hope you can visit us sometime. What does your planet look like?

September 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
  105. Evan

I would say Hello I am sending a message from Earth. We are tiring to say we come in peace. And don't want to harm you. Where is your planet?

September 16, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
  106. codie

i would say hi and tell them to come to earth

September 16, 2013 at 1:41 pm |
  107. Diamond

I would record me waving and saying hello to everyone on space and also say to everyone who's traveling there good luck on the journey. And were counting on you. "Now bye Aliens and the travelers who are there".

September 16, 2013 at 1:42 pm |
  108. La'Schae

I would want to record on the record "we don't mean any harm we just would like to see if there is life here on mars and also record what kind of language you have.I repeat we mean no harm what so ever we just want to see if there is life on mars and we hope you come to earth one day.We know that you have been here a couple of times.So PLEASE do NOT attack us or anyone here on earth we mean no harm.Goodbye ๐Ÿ™‚

September 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm |
  109. Lucas

Um....I would say 'who and what are you'? and um...probably send some cool pics of Earth.

September 16, 2013 at 1:43 pm |
  110. Ambrielle

i would put songs, sounds like laughter, christmas corals i would put a message in like "we come in peace where are you from do you live on a planet." i would put pictures of earth stuff like that. I would definitely tell them about soccer!

September 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  111. JENIFER

i would like to record a show with pictures and videos

September 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  112. Hilton

I would want to record pictures of monuments and some of are greatest creations.I would also want to put a phone or something like that,I would tell the that we are peaceful and would like to meet them.

September 16, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  113. gunnar

I would record greetings in all languages with an manual i also would include a recording saying that we don't want any trouble.

September 16, 2013 at 1:45 pm |
  114. gage

iff anythings you get this come to earth with no harm we are friendly.

September 16, 2013 at 1:57 pm |
  115. Julie

Hey,can you do me a favor come to earth and bring me the smallest star?what do you look like?if you can read write back BYE!!!

September 16, 2013 at 1:59 pm |
  116. pierce

I would send a message with daily Earth sounds. I would send a message that would talk to the aliens. Also i would send a message saying I hope one of these days you come to Earth and show us better technology.

September 16, 2013 at 2:03 pm |
  117. Torin

I would say hi can you visit earth. do you under stand our language. Hope we can use your technology and show us how to use then

September 16, 2013 at 2:04 pm |
  118. Isaiah

I would want to communicate with them. I would want to know where they were from. I would also want to know what their names were.

September 16, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
  119. Davion

where is your planet? how do you look? where do you stay?

September 16, 2013 at 2:17 pm |
  120. zach

i think i would send twinkes because it would never get old. so another life foarm would enjoy a nice treat from planet earth because we come in peace. and we would like to get something back in return.

September 16, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
  121. Ncholas

The message that i would tell them is "do not be afraid we are friendly and you are welcome to planet earth." I hope the these messages get to be sent to the aliens.

September 16, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
  122. Jesse

If I could send a message to space I would include a picture of human life and a brief description of our earth not to much though because i wouldn't want them to come looking for us. The thought of aliens coming to the earth is pretty scary we have no idea what they are capable of.

September 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm |
  123. Abdi

If your lisening to me right now im living life billions miles away from where you are in this big blue place called earth i know you probably dont know where it is was but im sure it was yor first destnation trillions of years ago but now that im on earth i wanted to tell you that you are banned from earth and i hope you continue your journey.

September 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm |
  124. kyle

If I could send a message into space then I would say this. If you are getting this message then you have found our probe. We come from a wonderful planet we call Earth. If you mean us no harm then you are welcome. If you mean to destroy us I come with a warning. Your in for a fight. p.s.HI ALIENS!!!!

September 16, 2013 at 2:49 pm |
  125. Emily

What I would say, "Hello I am from Earth." "I have come here to tour around the universe." "I do not want to cause any harm." "I will just be on my way now."

September 16, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
  126. Skylar

I would want the Voyager to say, "if you come to Earth, please come in peace"

September 16, 2013 at 4:07 pm |
  127. rich

have fun on earth

September 16, 2013 at 4:14 pm |
  128. Justin

I would want it to say "Justin plays football and is really good" "You should watch him play"

September 16, 2013 at 4:19 pm |
  129. Braxton

I can send a message or a object to space it will be, tape recorder. It will tell anything in space about me. It will say what i like and dont like. It will tell them how am and what's my personality. I will try to send them a sound of a basketball bpuncing to tell them that i like to play all types of sports.

September 16, 2013 at 4:23 pm |
  130. louis

I would tell the aliens not to come to Earth. If they came to Earth we would just kill them all. I would also ask them where they came from, and where there planet is.

September 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
  131. Jordan

If I could send a voyager to space it would say, "do not attack, we are friendly, maybe we can help each other."

September 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
  132. Jody

I would start out by saying hello. Then, I would introduce myself. The last thing I would want them to hear is a brief biography about the human race.

September 16, 2013 at 4:49 pm |
  133. bobby

i would write fast facts about earth. And over the years how the world will change. last i would say my name and everything i know and ill tape a dollar on the side.

September 16, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
  134. Elijah

I would say nothing becuase there is no life up there .I think they are fake.

September 16, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
  135. Marquise

My message to the universe would be to stay strong continue to do what you please.

September 16, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
  136. kyle

If i sent a message out into space to be read aliens it would say all kinds of things. I would tell them to come to earth and be my best friend. Also i would tell them about pizza and soda. An we will play some video games while leaving dents in my couch.

September 16, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
    • Samantha

Oh my gosh! You have the best answer! Aliens over for pizza and video games would be like AWESOME!!!!!!!

September 16, 2013 at 9:59 pm |
  137. Erin

If I were to send a message into space, it would say...This is a message from Earth, we are not going to harm you, we come in peace. How long has your planet been occupied.. The reason that I wouldn't send any information about our planet is because if they knew a lot about us, then they could come and take over our planet. Also, I wouldn't say anything about our planet being violent, because then they might attack us and not want to contact me back.

September 16, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
  138. Jonathan

I would put a history of our word our forms of government and our scientific discoveries with other forms of energy hoping that they will learn from us or we learn from them

September 16, 2013 at 6:17 pm |
  139. Catherine

My message to the universe would be about how everything on earth is, how cool it is to have other life forms in the universe, and about how the interaction with other life forms will go into the science books. WE WILL FINALY HAVE AN AWNSER!!!!!!!

September 16, 2013 at 8:05 pm |
  140. Gabriel

To any thing that would find it i would say the obvious
    stay away from earth we are literally tearing ourself apart

September 16, 2013 at 8:17 pm |
  141. Aurora

I would talk about what things are popular right now and what level our technology's at, so they could compare to their world. But, not to much information because I wouldn't want them to attack us. I would ask them about their daily lives, what they do, and if they come in peace. (I would be sure to mention that we come in peace too). I would also mention that if this was their first contact with another planet, I was the person who contacted them, so they can all thank me. And please, don't kill me. ๐Ÿ˜‰

September 16, 2013 at 8:47 pm |
  142. Samantha

Well. First, I would send a greeting and tell a little about our world. Then, I'd tell them we would like to meet this other race and join our worlds as one. I think think that letting us see other worlds and races would help us not only to be more scientifically informed, but also I think that it would push us to accept the weird and unnatural. This could help us with common teen problems such as judgment, teasing, lack of ability to express our selves, and many other things that lead to teen suicide.

September 16, 2013 at 9:57 pm |
  143. Vivian

I would explain my daily life and how life works here on Earth, and ask them about they function. I wouldn't make it obvious that it would be easy to attack us, because it would, but I would explain to them that we don't dislike them as much as they think we do.

September 16, 2013 at 11:49 pm |
  144. kaity

My message to the universe is to be yourself.

September 17, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
  145. Devon

I want to message to be "Hello aliens of the universe, this is a recording from us humans on Earth, we welcome your company on Earth. Visit as soon as possible.

September 17, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
  146. Thomas

send a message telling how life works

September 17, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
  147. cam

hello we mean no harm

September 17, 2013 at 3:56 pm |
  148. Parker

I would say to the universe the same message that the aliens say in the movies: "We come in peace."

September 17, 2013 at 4:03 pm |
  149. Emily

My message to the universe:

though you probably can't understand this because you don't speak English, this is a message from earth. we are intelligent. if you ever find us, though we will probably already be dead by the time it would take you to get there, we mean you no harm, unless you mean us harm. for many years we have searched for life in this solar system. so if you also have wondered, you can stop wondering. You are not alone.

September 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
  150. Logan

I would just explain about the planet, the nations, and how everything works here. (In several different languages of course)

September 17, 2013 at 7:36 pm |
  151. Travis

My message to the universe would be that :"this recording comes from planet earth a peaceful planet in a spiral galaxy, if you can understand this message then please some how send us a signal to know that there is intelligent life beyond the Milky-way galaxy, thank you -a representative of earth."

September 17, 2013 at 7:37 pm |
  152. yasheknia

I would say don't come to earth because we don't want trouble and if you do come, well....there's going to be some trouble

September 17, 2013 at 8:12 pm |
  153. Jeffrey

S.O.S Please Help.

September 17, 2013 at 8:43 pm |
  154. Ethan

I think that if there is something out there like in star trek and it heard and or knew what to do then it's a good idea to say hello or something of that matter. On the other hand I would say something like, hello alien if you are hearing this then we have found a spectacular life form . And or, HOWS THE WEATHER UP THERE?!?!?

September 17, 2013 at 10:00 pm |
  155. Sally

I would tell them how awesome CNN news is! ๐Ÿ˜€

September 17, 2013 at 11:27 pm |
  156. Lauren

I would talk about the different changes of a society from slavery to gay marriage.

September 17, 2013 at 11:59 pm |
  157. Ashton

I would tell them about daily life on earth and ask them about their lives. I'd also ask them if they had ever been to earth or seen it.

September 18, 2013 at 10:22 am |
  158. E-Layne

I think it is dumb to send a record., even if there is aliens they probably won't speak any of those languages or know what noises are on Earth. But I do wonder if there is other people and what they look like! WOAH!

September 18, 2013 at 10:22 am |
  159. Mason

I would tell them about every day life, how things work here, what's going on and lastly I would ask them about there planet

September 18, 2013 at 10:23 am |
  160. Hallie

Why in the world did they leave a record of different languages and sounds? If there are aliens out there then how are they supposed to understand the things on the disc if they probably don't speak English...

September 18, 2013 at 10:25 am |
  161. Avery

I would say that it would be appreciated if they would "come in peace."

September 18, 2013 at 10:25 am |
  162. James

I would like to tell the Universe that we come in peace and would like to ask them if there were any other people or animals that live in other planets. I would also like to tell them to come to us, so we can communicate with each other

September 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
  163. Sarah

I would say hello aliens! If you do exist, please don't come to earth and kill us. Besides, what have we ever done to you? Booyah.

September 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
  164. Sammy

If i was able to send a message to aliens and the universe i would talk about our lives on Earth and ask them about there lives. I would also tell them what we like to do and i would also ask them why they don't come to Earth and why they don't communicate to us.

September 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
  165. Brandon From Mars

I would say "Greetings we are from planet Earth. Our world has water and grass and fruits. We are a race of human that enjoy life to the fullest"

September 18, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
  166. Simon

In my disk for the universe I would tell the aliens how people on earth live what they wear what we watch and how we live our normal lives here in the world or in the U.S. I would also tell them about the dangers that lurk on earth.

September 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
  167. Abby

there's a girl named Taylor Swift and she's a big threat to a species called "directioners".

September 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
  168. Karis

I would say that Earth is a very nice planet and if you can can comprehend this, please come and join us. Earth is a very nice planet and i'm sure if you give us time, your kind will be accepted easily. We have ll kinds of races and nationalities and you guys will blend right in. Please come and see us soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

September 18, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
  169. Christine

I would say all the problems that we have and ask if they could help us. I would also say that we want to be allies and friends. (I would rather to have a video because they probably don't know our language.)

September 18, 2013 at 3:53 pm |
  170. Katelyn

I would talk about how the technology has advanced a lot, and that it will definitely change even more in the future.

September 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
  171. Safa

If I can send a object or message to space I would send a camera. The camera will have video of all my friends and what I do everyday. I would also send pictures of out world.

September 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
  172. Sara

I would ask them to come to earth and bring a list of things from our planet that might be very different to them:
    clothes, a pencil, any type of music.
    There is also this group named one direction that you will all fall in love with and they will be come you obsession and life..

September 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
  173. Ema

If I had the chance to put what I wanted on the Gold Record, I would like to tell them about what is going on currently on Earth. I would tell them about how the United States National Debt is rising by the minute. I would explain the crisis that is going on at the Syria. I would tell them about how we wouldn't harm them if they choose to come visit us. I would explain about how they should come in peace so we can help expand our connections. I would tell them much more.

September 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm |
  174. Simon

Dear Mysterious life forms

Hello I am a young human from earth which is one of the dominant races on our planet. if you do come to earth first make sure you can breath OXYGEN so you dont die as soon as you get out of your space craft we also are having some problems with pollution right now so the environment is a little messed up so be where.

September 18, 2013 at 3:56 pm |
  175. Iemaan

Hello People In Space
    I am Iemaan here from Earth. It is great here. Come now and meet us humans. We need someone besides our own kind. We have good facilities. If you do visit, remember to check out the US! See you if you come.

September 18, 2013 at 3:56 pm |