April 10th, 2013

From On-Air to Online?

Laptops, tablets, and phones, oh my!  That's how an increasing number of Americans are watching TV.  And they're doing it on their own terms, by streaming or DVRing their favorite programs and watching whenever it's convenient - as opposed to waiting for something to come on and then running for a snack during the commercial break.

Is this a bad sign for cable and satellite TV as we know it?  Hard to say this early on.  But we'd like to know whether you could completely unplug from a cable or satellite provider and see all of YOUR shows over the Internet.

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Please remember to only include your first name when commenting.

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Jannie

I would go on the internet to see my favorite shows because you can watch it over and over where on television it has to come on at certain times.

April 10, 2013 at 7:07 pm |
    • Louis

my step-dad grew up never had a TV or a laptop he had to survive off of the news paper. i see everyone around me with a smart phone and i envy that. i also see the problems that causes for example North Korea could use their cyber war fair to shut down are communications much like in the movie red dawn. we are vulnerable without on air. so im not a on air person.

April 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm |
      • Hudson

You are right about that I mean everything in the U.S. is on the computer. for ex.: banks, buisnesses, tickets, shopping, etc

April 12, 2013 at 7:19 am |
    • Annalise

Personally, i don't like watching t.v shows on tablets because the screen is so small. Others may think different, but I don't think that cable and satellite t.v will ever go away.It all depends on whether or not you like big screens or small screens.

April 11, 2013 at 8:14 pm |
    • Maddie

My great grandma lived through the Great Depression, and she's still alive today! They didn't have much TV back then, so there was the newspaper to turn to. If folks back then could survive without tech, so can we!

April 12, 2013 at 10:26 am |
  2. Isaiah

I probably couldn't unplug from tv because the horror would kill me. I get anxious without facebook and not being able to see whats going on in the world.

April 10, 2013 at 7:14 pm |
    • Hannah

I am fine without Facebok or TV. i like having conversations face to face with friends!

April 11, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
  3. Trey

I would rather have cable because what if the device or the Internet stops working and then you want be able to watch your favorite tv shows (Like Duck Dynasty).

April 10, 2013 at 7:44 pm |
  4. Wisteria

I could never replace the TV with something as small as a phone. As some movie theaters say, GO BIG OR GO HOME! All my favorite TV shows or movies shouldn't be reduced to a little mini tablet laptop or phone.

April 10, 2013 at 7:49 pm |
  5. Theo

I think it's a good thing. I personally only watch Doctor Who on TV and everything else I stream from various websites.

April 10, 2013 at 8:08 pm |
  6. Felicia

I could definately see myself watching all my shows on the internet because it's modern technology! We're getting more advanced and we want to see our shows when we want to NOT when it's on TV.

April 10, 2013 at 8:12 pm |
  7. Ralissa

yes i could, i hardly watch tv anyway

April 10, 2013 at 8:22 pm |
  8. Hanako

In Japan many people just watch TV on their phones while on the trains on their way to or from work or school.

April 10, 2013 at 8:24 pm |
  9. Zoe

Yes,I would totally be able to drift from my T.V. over to the internet. Right now I actually watch some shows on the computer,people don't need T.V. I think some people would make a big deal over it,though. But,my answer is yes. I could and would leave my cable at any time.

April 10, 2013 at 8:27 pm |
  10. Destinie

I would because if no one is watching TV on their TV then what's the point of having it and wasting money.

April 10, 2013 at 8:52 pm |
  11. Shiv

I'm not sure if I could watch all of my shows online. I've tried to watch my shows on the Internet but it just is not the same as looking at the big screen.

April 10, 2013 at 8:58 pm |
  12. Eric

I would get rid of my cable, since I find it very expensive to pay for, so I can watch Ellen Degeneres online for free without any commercial breaks!

April 10, 2013 at 9:46 pm |
  13. Hannah

This may not be a good thing for cable and satellite companies, but they need to find ways to get around it such as making the shows available to watch over the internet. Not only will this make them a more diverse company, it also gives more of an incentive to a consumer to choose them over their competition.

April 10, 2013 at 9:49 pm |
  14. Andrew

i think it is a good idea to have television online because some people can't afford TV's or cable service and with a little searching you could find your favorite TV channel online for free

April 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm |
  15. Bennick

I don't really care because I don't watch t.v.and watch online like on Neflix

April 10, 2013 at 9:53 pm |
  16. Somil

I wouldn't unplug the cable even though I can watch shows on the Internet because most of of the new episodes come only on the tv.

April 10, 2013 at 9:59 pm |
  17. Aaron

I still watch shows on TV because it has a bigger screen. Also, it has newer shows.

April 10, 2013 at 10:06 pm |
  18. Cameron

I think we should have both. One for traveling and one at home. Might be more expensive but probably worth it.

April 10, 2013 at 10:41 pm |
  19. Johnathan

I couldn't do it. I am a traditional person and I like watching TV. It takes longer personally to wait for it online.

April 10, 2013 at 11:36 pm |
  20. Calyssa

Yes , I do think I could live without the cable. I know I can because I don't happen to watch too much t.v. anyways and when I do it is only foe 30min because that is how long my show is. But my opinion is different from others so I can't speak for them

April 10, 2013 at 11:38 pm |
  21. Ben

Yes because there would be no commercials

April 11, 2013 at 12:30 am |
  22. Paul

I think this might be a signal that TVs could "go the way of the dinosaurs." If this were to happen, a LOT of people would lose their jobs, therefore increasing the unemployment rate dramatically. In my opinion, this is not going to turn out well for those companies. On the bright side, companies that make mobile devices will flourish.

April 11, 2013 at 12:39 am |
  23. Suhas

These days technology is advancing at a very fast rate. TV is probably not going to be heard n 50 years later.

April 11, 2013 at 1:55 am |
  24. Coe

I think that we should get rid of cable because nowadays you can watch tv, movies, and listen to music on IPads, iPhones, and laptops. When we watch tv like that we don't spend enough family time.

April 11, 2013 at 6:44 am |
  25. Spencer

I think that watching things on mobile devices is great. It helps you catch up on all your favorite shows on the go. But its always great to just sit at home and watch some good old fashion TV from time to time as well.

April 11, 2013 at 6:51 am |
  26. Buddy

I can't do that, that would be too hard to do. It would not be the same feeling to sit down and relax for a while to watch my favorite programs. There is no purpose to have TV on the Internet.

April 11, 2013 at 6:56 am |
  27. Sofia

I've never really owned cable TV in my life and I'm doing just fine. For the past one year, I have been watching my shows from online. Only bad thing is is that I see more and more ads piling on, which makes me not watch anything at all.

April 11, 2013 at 7:37 am |
  28. Brenden

I personally like watching Television on the T.V. better than on a phone or laptop. The reason I like T.V.s better is because it is a larger screen to watch the show on. Plus if you want to watch a show at any time just DVR it or rent it on demand.

April 11, 2013 at 7:37 am |
  29. Logan

I watch movies and T.V on my T.V! Because I have used my phone and notebook computer to watch Netflix it's just not as fast as it is on the T.V. I mean I still watch movies and other programs on my phone and computer but less likely.

April 11, 2013 at 7:55 am |
  30. Mike

A la carte – means I have stopped paying to support content I will never watch. I am disconnected from cable and satellite and will not connect again until I can pick and choose the content I wish to see.

April 11, 2013 at 7:56 am |
  31. benjamin

No, if you take away tv kids will be bored most the time.
    And what if people dont have thoose tablets and lap-tops so not eveyoneone can watch tv.

April 11, 2013 at 8:11 am |
  32. Seth

no, if you take away the tv or the shows just that put people out of work also if you dont have tablet or a computer or a smart phone then you cant watch tv know whats going on with the weather

April 11, 2013 at 8:13 am |
  33. Creed

I might be able to only watch shows or movies onine since there is every single one but i probably wouldn't.

April 11, 2013 at 8:15 am |
  34. Ray

I don't watch very much TV on the TV, but no matter how little I watch, in front of the TV is an important place to connect with your family.

April 11, 2013 at 8:25 am |
  35. Mary

I couln't unplug my cable and go online. I love to sit on the couch and watch the TV, not having to worry about dropping what I'm watching. I would have to "watch" what I was doing.

April 11, 2013 at 8:50 am |
  36. Rachel

I cannot unplug from a cable or satellite provider.
    If we don't have a TV to watch sitting around and watching tv shows on weekend,
    family members wouldn't have that time ever.

April 11, 2013 at 9:05 am |
  37. Louis

I personally dont have any tablet or i phone, so tv is great,espcially since they release new episdes of shows every week

April 11, 2013 at 9:28 am |
  38. zoe

i watch tv on my normal tv but somentimes i watch tv on my phone or mainly my ipad

April 11, 2013 at 9:31 am |
  39. Nick

I think people should get into the habit of watching TV in thier mobile devices, you can watch your favorite shows on the go, and it costs less.

April 11, 2013 at 9:31 am |
  40. london

i think that not having tv is very hard because sometimes i get in patient with apple products or computers because its slow so i think that no i could not do without tv

April 11, 2013 at 9:32 am |
  41. brooke

I use the T.V. because i can recored the shows i watch and if i use it on my ipod it would
    take up to much room.

April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |
  42. mariah

i cant live with out tv , tv is my life and i basically hog up the coachbecause of it. the tellie is alot of fun and sometime the other electronical things canget very annoying ecspecially when you have to wait for it to load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |
  43. tom

i think this is a goodthing. this way you can watch tv on the road, while you are lounging or anywhere. Also you dont need to wait for your favorite shows to come on. You can instantly get them on your mobile device

April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |
  44. julia

i like watching shows on my ipad but i also watch tv on the real tv too because shows on the internet are old shows their not the new updated ones like they are on tv also they dont have all of the shows when you watch tv on the internet

April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |
  45. Nicole

when i watch tv shows i usely watch them on my tv but sometimes on my iphone i watch movies on my netflix app. I perfer watching my favorite shows on the tv because its a bigger screen but when i dont feel like watching movies on the tv i watch the netflix movies on my phone.

April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |
  46. Allie

Yes, I have enough books to last a lifetime and there's always the internet

April 11, 2013 at 9:33 am |
  47. nathan

i like both

April 11, 2013 at 9:35 am |
  48. Ivan

I do not think I would not get rid of cable because there could be some sites that provide TV shows but they could be making

April 11, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  49. Shelbi

I don't think it would affect me. I think I could live without T.V. or any other electronics. I would want more time to practice all the sports I go out for.

April 11, 2013 at 9:50 am |
  50. Ivan

I do not want to get rid of cable because some web sites you download episodes from could be making copies that are not legal

April 11, 2013 at 9:50 am |
  51. Maddie

I think I could go without satellite or cable. I have an app on my iPod Touch that always me to watch a TV show I like almost anywhere I go. I think I'd be okay with out an actual TV.

April 11, 2013 at 9:53 am |
  52. Leslie

I could live without no T.V. because there is a lot more stuff to do outside then just sitting inside watching T.V. I could hang out with my friends more, hang out with my family too. And not be a LAZY BUM! With no more T.V. you could be more fit too! 🙂

April 11, 2013 at 9:53 am |
  53. Hannah

I do watch TV online, but that is only because my family doesn't get cable or satellite.
    some times i wish i could just watch on the TV because it is more easily accessed. but i'm pretty happy with watching shows online even though they take longer to find.

April 11, 2013 at 9:55 am |
  54. Jonathan

I already am online only so it real doesn’t affect me.

April 11, 2013 at 10:17 am |
  55. Kayla

As much as I use my phone and laptop for streaming I would not be able to completely unplug from my tv. Sometimes you just want to sit down and watch TV with the family and without the TV you can't.

April 11, 2013 at 10:18 am |
  56. Jenna

I don’t use mobile television usually, I only really use it if I miss an episode of my favourite show. Otherwise, I don’t really find a use, the screen is much smaller and it can freeze up during the show to buffer itself and you have to sit there, waiting and waiting for it to start up again. The worse thing about real television is the commercials.

April 11, 2013 at 10:19 am |
  57. Kate

I still love the television.But I gotta admit, I do watch a lot of shows online.As for cable and satellite, I have a feeling Americans will want to stick to cable and satellite,as I do........................Mostly 🙂

April 11, 2013 at 10:21 am |
  58. Alexis

It wouldn’t bother me if I didn’t have tv on-air. I have an iPad, cell phone, Wii and computer so I could go on Netflix on all those electronics and there is all brand new shows with every single episode as they premier. There would be no point for a television.

April 11, 2013 at 10:23 am |
  59. Erin

This would affect me because I like to wait to see a show and it would be odd because I grew up on the old TV set and I do not like the smaller screens and having to adjust for comfort while you can be comfortable without having to hold it.

April 11, 2013 at 10:25 am |
  60. Shelby

I think its not a bad sign because you can practically go anywhere for your devices to watch movies and tv shows.

April 11, 2013 at 10:26 am |
  61. desiree

I like to watch live T.V.

April 11, 2013 at 10:26 am |
  62. Sutton

No, because I don't really see the point of taking a tiny phone or small tablet and watching a program when you can see it on a big tv.

April 11, 2013 at 10:33 am |
  63. Summer

I don’t watch much TV but I watch even less on other devices. I love big screens I don’t think I would adjust well to watching soccer on a little screen. When watching soccer you can’t get all the games on your phone or laptop. It would be sad to see TV go even after it’s changed so much.

April 11, 2013 at 10:41 am |
  64. David

No, don't think I could completely get rid of Directv. For one thing, I like recording entire series of shows, and then watching the whenever I want, and then I can fast forward through the commercials. Another reason is that I enjoy watching T.V on a 70" screen rather than a tiny iPhone screen. One more reason is that I love watching my teams play during football season, and I enjoy the NFL Sunday ticket.

April 11, 2013 at 10:44 am |
  65. Danny

online is cheaper and you can have it on the go.

April 11, 2013 at 11:36 am |
  66. Noah

Maybe, I watch tv on my iPod all the time but if everyone was on the internet watching tv while everyone else were doing something else, the internet would be so slow. You would probably have to keep the tv's or no one will be able to go on the internet.

April 11, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  67. Emily

I think this is a bad sign for cable companies, but I think there will still be people who will continue to watch on the television. I continue to watch on the TV.

April 11, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  68. Ryan

I don't think I would get rid of Comcast, because I like watching T. V. on a big screen and I also like to record shows.

April 11, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  69. Emma

I wouldn't unplug it! i love my TV! other screens are small witch makes it harder to see the show.

April 11, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  70. Jessica

I think that people should be able to watch tv on their phones tablets and computers, because they don't always play episodes you want.

April 11, 2013 at 11:38 am |
  71. leo

no because most people I know like watching netflix on a big screen and I don't even watch tv

April 11, 2013 at 11:38 am |
  72. Josh

I think if more and more people start using tablets, laptops, and phones, people who have jobs at the cable and satellite companies will lose their jobsb.

April 11, 2013 at 11:38 am |
  73. Brianna

I could definitely see myself watching all my shows on the internet because it's modern technology! We're getting more advanced and we want to see our shows when we want to NOT when it's on TV. Technologies changing and so are other peoples opinions!

April 11, 2013 at 11:43 am |
  74. Daniel

I would like to have cable because what if the internet goes off you can miss your favorite shows or movies.

April 11, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  75. Matthew

I don’t mind watching TV on other devices such as on a long car ride but when I’m at home I think it’s easier to watch on a bigger screen instead.

April 11, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  76. Austin

I don't whach a lot of tv but when i do i don't really matter what time the show comes on but i think its better to have tv still, because what if you don't have a computer or iphone what would you do

April 11, 2013 at 11:47 am |
  77. Max

Well I really dont watch tv that much so i dont have a problem with watching tv over the internet.

April 11, 2013 at 11:48 am |
  78. Gretta and Brylee

yes. because kids can get there knowledge: )

April 11, 2013 at 11:48 am |
  79. Brennen

I would be fine any way to watch, if I had the choice of iPad, iPhone, etc, although I would be fine with watching on TV to.

April 11, 2013 at 11:49 am |
  80. jazmyn

In my opinion i wouldn't 1. because i don't have any of those and i would consider staying in my room to get even smarter in my bedroom.

April 11, 2013 at 11:49 am |
  81. tessa

no i don't think i can get red of tv

April 11, 2013 at 11:49 am |
  82. Julih, Olivia,and chance

yes I could! You can find anything on the internet!

April 11, 2013 at 11:50 am |
  83. Samantha

I would keep my TV because what if you loose your phone or whatever your using and you can't watch anything.Plus TV's have bigger screens.

April 11, 2013 at 11:50 am |
  84. luke

yes you could get rid of your t.v and watch on your tablet,or phone or computer.

April 11, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  85. Logan and Abbey

I couldn't get rid of my TV because some times we don't have internet.

April 11, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  86. Imani

Yes I could! You can find anything on the internet!

April 11, 2013 at 11:53 am |
  87. piper

i wold because i don't wont to be a couch potato.
    some people are all reedy a couch potato.

April 11, 2013 at 11:53 am |
  88. Caleb

I have my computer hooked up to my tv so that when I watch stuff on my computer I can also see it on my tv. I like this much more than cable and I think its the future.

April 11, 2013 at 11:53 am |
  89. Jeanetta

I would want to give T.V and us laptop's, phone's and other device so yes I would want to stay away from T.V besides I don't watch a lot of T.V.Besides I like to be active and play sport's.

April 11, 2013 at 11:53 am |
  90. Kelsie

I think that it is a bad sign for cable because everyone is picking other stuff like iPads and stuff.. I would chose a tv because it has a big screen.

April 11, 2013 at 11:54 am |
  91. dora

Homeschooling poll: 2 kids. One says, "I hardly ever watch tv anyway and if I do, it is often on the computer." The other says: "I don't want to unplug because it makes watching tv less of an event."

April 11, 2013 at 11:54 am |
  92. Max

I don't watch tv much so watching it at home is not that big a deal.

April 11, 2013 at 11:55 am |
  93. Trevor.k

I would watch cable because like some adults and kids i don,t have any phones or computers

April 11, 2013 at 11:55 am |
  94. Joseph

I don’t really know because on a laptop you can watch anything at anytime but with a TV its way bigger but you have to watch what’s on the channel.

April 11, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  95. Annika

I would keep my TV because what if your phone got broke.

April 11, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  96. Indigo

i prefer to not wait through the commercials so usualy i watch on my tablet but if tv on the tv went away i would feel like we were losing something important.

April 11, 2013 at 11:58 am |
  97. Jess

I still watch regular TV but not as much as I used to. With all of these new gadgets out it is more fun and entertaining. I like to be old fashioned. I like watching actual TV instead of on phones, laptops, or tablets. Sometimes I will watch TV on those things but only when I am on a plane or on a very long car ride. Other than that it is the old way. On the couch with popcorn watching I Love Lucy.

April 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
  98. MIkey

I could probably disconnect from tv because with things like youtube and hulu you can watch all these tv shows whenever you want to

April 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  99. Davis

I like actually watching T. V. because it is a bigger screen

April 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  100. kayla

yes i think i could live without it because iv got netflix AND my tablet and computer and all that so itd be just like having a tv...

April 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  101. Lily

My family took down our sattelite and canceled our service in about January. We are doing well without it and save sooooooooo much money. We watch Netflix and everything is ok.

April 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  102. Jill

I watch TV still, I just don’t watch TV as much anymore since I am always so interested into all of the new technology. I personally think it better too watch TV on your portable devices. I believe in this because if you ever need to watch something for example the weather or something important you have your portable device, that way you can view what’s going on around you.

April 11, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  103. wyatt

i could't because then on youtube if i watch tv it will freeze all the time so no i could not.

April 11, 2013 at 12:02 pm |
  104. wilson

i wouldn't want to live without it because i like watching all the shows on some channels and i don't like switching channels.

April 11, 2013 at 12:02 pm |
  105. Gregory

The lap top cases you can watch any time you want and over and over.

April 11, 2013 at 12:05 pm |
  106. Kodi

i want tv because i love tv on a tv you get a bigger screen better picture and multiple channels so i would like to keep tv.

April 11, 2013 at 12:10 pm |
  107. Brian

I use both, Mobile is okay, but seeing the show on T.V. on the big screen is much better.

April 11, 2013 at 12:17 pm |
  108. Nathaniel

We don't even have tv or cable at all, so if we want to watch something that is on TV, we would have to do it over the Internet.

April 11, 2013 at 12:20 pm |
  109. Victor

I would rather watch TV from a TV because I can sit down with my family and eat food. I could also watch my favorite show from a bigger screen which makes it easier to see.

April 11, 2013 at 12:21 pm |
  110. Andy

April 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm |
  111. Marissa

I personally like watching programs on the actual television. It wouldn't be as exciting to watch sports online.

April 11, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
  112. Grant

Well, if I was on a strict budget, like in college. I don't watch that much tv anyway.

April 11, 2013 at 12:35 pm |
  113. Whitney

I would rather watch cable because If you couldn't have Internet you couldn't be able to watch tv on a electronical device.

April 11, 2013 at 12:36 pm |
  114. Sydney

No I like having a bigger screen that a little one and I don't like watching things on my iPad, iPod or computer. 🙂

April 11, 2013 at 12:37 pm |
  115. Otto

I don't usually watch TV at home. It is for school reasons

April 11, 2013 at 12:38 pm |
  116. Tristan

I couldn't live without T.V. because the Internet is so unpredictable and you might not be able to watch.

April 11, 2013 at 12:38 pm |
  117. Abby

I like the feeling of sitting in front of a big screen than rather than siting and watching tv on my I phone or smart device!

April 11, 2013 at 12:39 pm |
  118. Cassie

I wouldn't get rid of tv because its a time are family's are all together. The most time I probably use Internet is for homework, music, ect so I would probably have some nights I may watch tv shows on Internet then watch shows or movies on television.

April 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
  119. Colby

I like recording my shows and watching when I can but I don't think I would watch them on my laptop or tablet. I like the movie theater feeling and with small electronics you don't really get that feeling.

April 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
  120. Sean

The only time I watch tv is on my free time. 😝

April 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
  121. MaKayla

I think that viewing on the T.V. is an entertaining way to spend family time. When viewing on a portable device you have to spend money on Wi-Fi to watch movies or shows.

April 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
  122. Carter

I wouldn't want to watch everything on an I pad or and I pod I want to watch tv and my favorite shows on a big screen tv.On a big screen tv if kinda feels like your in a movie theater almost I don't want to watch tv on a screen that is the size of my hand of head.

April 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
  123. Arial

I could never get rid of tv. I I like the big screen.

April 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
  124. Nickolas

I like watching tv on a tv than watching it on a iPod,iPhone,iPad,laptop or a tablet. I love to watch my college football season. On a tv.

April 11, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
  125. Caleb

I would rather watch TV with my family if
    every one had a computer than my family
    would split apart and have no family so don't
    keep using computers every day

April 11, 2013 at 12:42 pm |
  126. jake

I would rather watch tv on my 72" tv then a little 6" iPad or iPhone because it might eliminate family time because if we watch tv on a hand held device because every body will be in a different room watching a different show and the cable company's will lose money.

April 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  127. Nick

First they had to watch their shows at a certain time, then their was recording, and now people don't even use a TV?
    The whole idea is crazy and people can't even make an effort to walk to the TV. I think that some of the smaller cable companys will go bankrupt and the big ones will slowly go away.

April 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  128. Angela

Well some people don't have computers or if they do they might not have Internet and id rather sit on the couch with my family and watch tv instead of watching the same tv show in different rooms on different devices

April 11, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  129. Ozge

My family doesn't have a TV, we think it's a waste of time, but I still ocassionally watch something on my phone from time to time.

April 11, 2013 at 12:44 pm |
  130. Zach

Yes, I could get rid of television. Although I would miss the large screen, doing it on my own terms makes up for everything. It woudl be a little sad if I get grounded from electronics other than TV, but I won't have a TV to watch TV on.

April 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  131. Mikaila

II would be totatlly comfortable with it. Pausing, rewatching, and no commercial? Sounds good to me.

April 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  132. Ari

II personally don't watch that much T.V. because now instead of only having one episode streming on T.V. you can watch any episode on the internet or mobile device.

April 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  133. Mike

I like TV! I don't watch TV on my PC or Tablet. Neither does my family.

April 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  134. braydon

i do both but i usually prefer my hand held device, either way I still get entertainment.

April 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  135. Laura

I would be totally fine without cable: We can use our ipods, iphones, ipads, and laptops to watch shows on Netflix, for example. Also we could go to Youtube or even go to a channel's website, on which sometimes you can watch shows.

April 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  136. Liu

I already use my laptop and phone for television, so I dont need directTV anyway. The only time i ever use the television is for games and movies..................................

April 11, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  137. Grace

II would NEVER be able to replace T.V. because then if I watched it on my computer or phone I wouldn't be able to watch my favorite shows on the big screen.

April 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  138. brayn

ii honestly think that the ipod, iphones ect is better than the Tv cause the apple electronics is like a tv cause it has Netflix, Hulu, and other tv streamings.

April 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  139. liv

they shouldn't get rid of cable tv because i know people STILL watch it but also watching tv is popular on a device aswell so i think they should keep things how they are

April 11, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  140. Rachel

I like my TV. I like to relax on the couch, watching a good old TV show on the good old TV.

April 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  141. Gavin

I could never get rid of directTV, its all that i do besides homework... 😛

April 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  142. ALINA

Well I think that we should have internet and cable, but the internet is useful too.

April 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  143. Trevor

I'm starting to watch less tv and play videos or watch movies on the mobile devices instead of on tv except for some shows.

April 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  144. Channing

I I do not think I would get rid of my TV because I like to be able to record shows so I do not need to watch the commercials. The only advantage of watching TV on the iPad, iPhone, or computer in my opinion, would be being able to watch TV when you're not at home.

April 11, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  145. kristiana

I would rather watch on the tv than on a little screen . DONT UNPLUG CABLE!

April 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  146. Taylor

I would NEVER want to get rid of TV because I hate wachting it on those tiny screens. Also on divices it sometimes stops in the middle of your show.

April 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  147. Joy

i would unplug my TV, honestly i don't have a TV but i watch my movies and entertainment on the computer or phone and it doesn't make a difference.

April 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  148. Deanna

I would like to keep my TV. If i'm too lazy to go to my phone or computer, I can always just go and watch something on the TV.

April 11, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  149. Monique

Iwatch T.V. anywhere they have the show I want to watch on, because I don't like to wait for my show to play.

April 11, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
  150. Evelyn

I only watch movies on tv we dont have many chhannels

April 11, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
  151. Marquise

Even though I like to watch shows on the internet on my laptop and phone, I still couldn't live without t.v. and cable. You could watch some shows that you missed on cable still.

April 11, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
  152. Emily

I watch tv on my I pad because you dont have to wait if you miss an eposiode , you would just watch it on ur I pad and you could watch it whenever you wanted to.

April 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  153. Holly

I don't watch tv that much but it is a little better to watch it on a device so there are no commercials and it will go faster

April 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  154. Kevin

I basically have never had cable TV, but I do watch stuff like Netflix on the TV. It's a lot easier to have a portable TV. iPads are my first choice, but if it was to watch on a TV or a small device (like an iPhone or iPod Touch) then I would choose TV.

April 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  155. Joe

II think that you would still need to have cable you can get a huge plasma screen tv size for the same content as you would be able to get on a 3 inch phone screen or 14inch laptop screen plus you could have a 7.1 surround sound insted of phone or laptop sound

April 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  156. Nicholas

I think watching t.v. on small tablets without cable can be a bad thing since watching so much t.v. on such small devices can hurt your eyes. Products to help your eyes can be really expensive so that's why I watch t.v. on larger t.v.'s.

April 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  157. Paige

Yes ,I think its better to watch tv's and movies on your mobile devices because, with regular tv's, you would have to wait for the show to come on, but now, it's convenient to just watch whenever you want.

April 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  158. David

I do not think I could completely get rid of cable because I like watching television where I can just sit and relax instead of sticking my nose in my mobile device or phone.

April 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  159. Allison

I personally don't think that US or I could live without tv, but the fact of taking it on the go is a good idea.

April 11, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  160. Angela

I wouldn't remove my tv because I don't like to watch shows on my computer/laptop.

April 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  161. Ricky

When you watch on a device, the devices screen is much smaller. In addition, when you put a device close to your eyes, your eyes will be harmed. If you watch TV where the screen is bigger and you sit much farther, then it would benifit your eyes. Also, there are ads that can introduce you to new products of sales that are happening now. Overall, I think that TV is the best way to watch shows.

April 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  162. Raj

I would prefer to watch shows, movies, etc on mobile devices, because you can take and watch on your device where ever you go.

April 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  163. Tracy

For Sure! I could definitly live with out TV.

April 11, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
  164. Rachel

I just don't think I could give it up. I mean sure I watch CNN on the Computer, and I do watch Netflix some times. But I just got Cable back and I just couldn't let it go. I love it and you can see episodes or movies before there out on Netflix or Redbox instent.

April 11, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
  165. Artah

I'm definitly sure that i could live without T.V. I could just go outside and do many things with my family instead of watching T.V. and being a coach potato.

April 11, 2013 at 1:06 pm |
  166. Eli

I watch television on the set rather than on mobile devices, I do not think that I could watch on mobile devices, because it is not comfortable, it is harder to see, harder to hear, smaller to watch, and you might hurt your eyes while watching.

April 11, 2013 at 1:08 pm |
  167. Isaac

I don't think my family could get rid of T.V. completely. I think one of the biggest factors of this decision is how many people are watching the show together. Because while I could watch a show on my laptop by myself, if my family wants to watch a show all together we can't all watch it on a small screen. Watching shows on smaller screens takes away the social aspect of watching it together

April 11, 2013 at 1:13 pm |
  168. Ryan

I could get rid of my cable completely and not even watch tv on my portable device. To me tv isn't that important and something that I could live without.

April 11, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
  169. Chantal

I watch tv on my kindle or phone because there are no commercials, plus I dont have to go to my sitting room and ask whoever's watching tv if iIcan watch tv.

April 11, 2013 at 1:34 pm |
  170. Hannah

I probally could as long as i could stream it and if it didnt have a limit on how much you could watch within a week. But the ads would be the downfall you couldn't skip through them like you could with DVR.

April 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm |
  171. Danielle

I think this is a bad sign for cable companies, but I would much rather be able to watch shows on my phone or tablet because it is much easier. However, there are some progams you may not be able to watch over the internet, so no, I would not unplug from a cable or satellite provider.

April 11, 2013 at 1:35 pm |
  172. Hannah

I would still keep my television services because movies and my weekly shows are much better on a large screen.

April 11, 2013 at 1:36 pm |
  173. ilanytte

I dont think people should always watch tv on there phone or computer or tablet I think they should only use that devise if they miss there show they catch up and watch it on there computer or phone.

April 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
  174. Kelsi

I could watch all my shows over the internet. I don’t watch a lot of TV but the shows I do watch have online websites that allow me to watch the most recent episodes. The only shows I watch are the most recent episodes and not reruns.

April 11, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  175. Kailey

More people are watching shows on the internet. I also do that. I think that the cable and sattelite TV are going to keep going downhill.

April 11, 2013 at 1:46 pm |
  176. breanna

No, I dont think i could gewt rid of Direct TV. I like to record shows and watch them to skip all the commericals. I like watching it on my 70 in tv with surround sound so than it will actually fell like im in a movie theater unlike a mini ipad or iphone.

April 11, 2013 at 1:47 pm |
  177. Emerson

I would rather use the internet,you can watch whatever you want whenever you want to. You have to wait for certain shows on tv.

April 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm |
  178. Austin

I wouldn't unplug my cable because i have no other way to watch TV in my house so i would not unplug my cable and if the government decides to unplug cable i will be outraged because i would be able to watch cnn news at home

April 11, 2013 at 1:51 pm |
  179. Ben

I wouldn't because an I pod is small and a tv is a lot bigger and it's better to watch something live to. I only watch movies on Netflix because the movies I watch aren't on T.V. Any more. Then I love watching NFL games on live T.V. Just sitting on my couch. And my family sits down stairs watching the Super Bowl together then if we used our I pods it wouldn't be a family bonding moment.

April 11, 2013 at 1:57 pm |
    • Brooks

Same with me Ben!!!

April 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
  180. Michelle

If I had to unplug the TV forever, it wouldn’t really matter because I hardly watch it and there’s new technology like phones and laptops to watch TV if I want to watch a show.

April 11, 2013 at 2:01 pm |
  181. Jarod

I would disconnect my cable because streaming TV from online is cheaper and it has no commercials.

April 11, 2013 at 2:04 pm |
  182. Zia

I like to watch TV on Netflix but I also watch live TV when there is a live award show or basketball game.

April 11, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
  183. Jae

Oh yay I probibly be better.

April 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm |
  184. will and thane

April 11, 2013 at 2:21 pm |
  185. brady

i could go with out tv because i have a ipad to wash tv

April 11, 2013 at 2:22 pm |
  186. julih,and olivia

we could live without t.v because its not something we could live without like no video games.

April 11, 2013 at 2:23 pm |
  187. hailey

i think we could survive wiithout online t.v.

April 11, 2013 at 2:23 pm |
  188. davin

yes i could live with out a tv because i watch my shows on my i pod

April 11, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
  189. kelten

I do not have cable T.v. i have internet and Netflix i dont want TV because it cost more for one and also i do not want to be stuck in front of the TV all day especially in the summer.

April 11, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
  190. Jillian

I could not survive with out T.V because it is really annoying to have to have your head down looking at a small little screen when you could be sitting on a nice comfy couch looking at a nice big screen while being comfortable there is a huge difference.

April 11, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
  191. tyler

I think ipods are better than tvs because on ipods you can watch tv on a lot of stuff.

April 11, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
  192. Jayden and Charity

We could survive without television but we don't want to! We don't want become a couch potato Charity coulden't live without her ipad or her moms phone even though it's not her's.

April 11, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
  193. jace

i think ipads,ipods or better then TV because you can do lots more on the ipads and ipod and go on the web look up things that can help you get a better life Tv cant go on the web it cant help you on your homework so i put ipods and ipads i could live with thatTV is nothing to me all it is,is seting on the sofa being lazy all day

April 11, 2013 at 2:37 pm |
  194. Adam

It would be very easy to get rid of television this the technology we have today, but I rarely use a tablet, smartphone, etc. I feel like to stick with the ways generations before me watched television. Also, most TVs have bigger screens for a better picture. Also things like Apple devices, and YouTube keep buffering.

April 11, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
  195. Adam

It would be very easy to get rid of television with the technology we have today, but I rarely use a tablet, smartphone, etc. I feel like to stick with the ways generations before me watched television. Also, most TVs have bigger screens for a better picture. Also things like Apple devices, and YouTube keep buffering.

April 11, 2013 at 2:46 pm |
  196. Adam

It would be very easy to get rid of television with the technology we have today, but I rarely use a tablet, smartphone, etc. I like to stick with the ways generations before me watched television. Also, most TVs have bigger screens for a better picture. Also things like Apple devices, and YouTube keep buffering.

April 11, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
  197. Taylor

I watch TV, but I could go to watching all my shows over the internet. It is easier and faster to go on the internet, because you won't miss your show and can watch on your own time.

April 11, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
  198. Claire

Honestly, no I use the T.V a lot for watching shows I think that with cable and t.v it is a lot better quality and better sound then other electronical devises and very important for me is a big screen so I can see whats going on.

April 11, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  199. Miller

No. I don't think i could just stop watching normal TV for shows i could get on the internet. The shows on TV are more dramatic with shows because the commercial breaks keep us on the edge of our seats. Its also much easier to see my favorite teams play on Television than online.

April 11, 2013 at 3:09 pm |
  200. Sarah

I still watch TV on the television but sometimes i do watch on my I pad but usually online TV doesn't have the most recent shows

April 11, 2013 at 3:13 pm |
  201. Hannah..

I still watch TV but i also watch it online.

April 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
  202. Priscilla

Internet TV watching would be okay, but I prefer the bigger screen. In my family, TV is one of the things we do all together, and it's hard to share some microwaved popcorn (The type of corn one pops is one of God's greatest creations! Or at least the tastiest...)while watching a smartphone screen. I'd rather share that time with my God-given family on the couch watching a TV bigger than five inches tall. Although, if I were on my own, I wouldn't mind watching TV on the internet.

April 11, 2013 at 3:36 pm |
  203. Lacy

I don't even have cable or satellite television i watch stuff from netflix and hulu.

April 11, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
  204. Andrew

I actually like setting times aside to watch my favorite shows. It helps me keep my day organized and it's nice to sit down as a family to watch a show in the living room.

April 11, 2013 at 3:48 pm |
  205. Jeremy

I think it would be possible to become completely "unplugged" eventually. This past year I have watched more and more shows on my laptop and less on the TV.

April 11, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
  206. ricky

i love tv

April 11, 2013 at 4:12 pm |
  207. Kya

I can go a long time with out television and dont need the internet to watch tv shows. Just need music a good book and lots of time to myself. 🙂

April 11, 2013 at 4:22 pm |
  208. Sonny

No because there is only one reason why tv was invented to watch your favorite shows and also tv helps me relax and not using a tablet.

April 11, 2013 at 4:24 pm |
  209. Alyssa

I could unplug because you can have fun without technology what do you think people did in the earlier years? I couldn't stand not using a laptop over a TV because on a TV you can see a bigger picture and not have to strain your eyes so much.

April 11, 2013 at 4:45 pm |
  210. Emily

II watch t.v. on the computer all the time...... no difference

April 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
  211. Brooks

II don't think that I could ever unplug. Watching my favorite programs is so much better on a big TV than a little smart phone. Football is so much better on a big HD TV!

April 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
  212. Hadouken

i go on the computer alot because if i miss my favorite tv show or something i can always type it in on my computer

April 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
  213. Amanda

i could unplug because why wtach a show on a small screen if you have the alternitive of a bigger screen.

April 11, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
  214. Aaron

I think watching on the internet (or on the go) is better than watching on the television because you can rewatch shows and movies on it as well as watch any episode of any T.V. show anytime without missing out on it.

April 11, 2013 at 5:04 pm |
  215. Dylan

II never use my T.V. often, i usually watch episodes on my kindle fire, besides the small screen it has some advantages from the T.V.

April 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
  216. Dillon

I think it is better to watch something on a TV; it has a bigger screen

April 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
  217. Ryan

Most of the time I only watch Youtube on my iPod and not TV. But sometimes I watch TV shows through Youtube which could count. Otherwise I enjoy using a TVto television not mobile devices.

April 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
  218. Layla

Personally, I can't unplug because I prefer my shows on a larger screen, not a couple inches of phone. Also, I won't hurt my arms and endure the pain of holding a phone in an uncomfortable position.

April 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
  219. Ben

II think that people unplug from cable TV becasue there are apps that have seasnos of shows rather than one show every week, movies that take minutes to stream, and vlogs from your favorite youtube stars

April 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
  220. Braden

jI could go without TV because I watch all my TV on my IPad which is more convienient because I bring my IPad everywhere

April 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
  221. Jackson

I think I use my TV more then a mobile device. I only usualy use a mobile devisce for traveling.

April 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
  222. Jojo

II think I would probably watch programs on my television, I would rather watch my favorite channels on my phone when i am traveling than wait until I get to my hotel.

April 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
  223. Kylie

Truthfully, I prefer the bigger screen of a TV, but some of the shows I watch are recorded on my computer, where I can fast-forward through the commercials. I enjoy my shows to be mobile, but not on a tiny screen.

April 11, 2013 at 5:06 pm |
  224. Jefferson

II don't watch T.V. anyway so this doesn't matter to me.

April 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  225. Matthew

I I think that people should be watching from their couches because being that close to a TV is bad for the eyes.

April 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  226. Rebecca

I think that is a bad sign for cable and satellite TV because most people don't watch TV on an actual TV they watch it on apple items.

April 11, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  227. Olyvia

I Sure, I sometimes watch TV on a handheld device, but I couldn't replace it with the TV because a television set is bigger and has options like having HD, LED,or having a smart TV.

April 11, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
  228. Kimmy

I normally watch TV and movies on my phone, because I don't have cable at home. But with my phone, I can watch cable shows and movies with an app.

April 11, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
  229. Daniel

IEven though the TV screen is much larger than an ipod or ipad, online or on websites can allow you to watch new episodes or movies if you might have missed them on TV.

April 11, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
  230. Emily

II like being able to look at the big screen of the TV but sometimes it is just better to grab my iPad and watch my favorite show on the go.

April 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
  231. Jared

I could not use an ipod or ipad to watch TV because I can not stand the small screens and, those devices run out of baterery life and TVs don't.

April 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
  232. Dani

iI love being the smallest kid in the classroom, but watching TV in a small screen is something I can't stand. Why can't we jjust enjoy that big television in our homes instead of having it on a small phone on the New York subway?

April 11, 2013 at 5:09 pm |
  233. Orrin

I would rather watch my favorite shows on TV because of the definition and size.

April 11, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
  234. Taylor

I could never unplug because tvs are places where everyone can join and just sit and chill out togther, like a social hangout. with only small devices, superbowls and world cups would loose som of their party meaning.

April 11, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
  235. Jordan

II think that I could unplug for only a certain amount of time. Tablets are certainly handy, but there is something in looking at a television screen that you can't get with a tablet.

April 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
  236. Rebecca

I would much rather have a TV because i love being able to watch a show or movie that's on with my parents.

April 11, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
  237. Trileen

II think I would rather watch T.V from the comfort of my couch and have a way bigger screen than from a smartphone. It is much easier and you don't have to hold it up while you're watching.

April 11, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
  238. Elizabeth

II honestly cannot live without TV. In my opinion, TV is better on a big screen. Its much easier then holding a phone or an iPod to watch TV. Also you can have major problems with a handheld device than a screen.

April 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
  239. Allison

I prefer watching an actual television because computers, tablets, and phones require battery, and they will run out eventually, unlike an actual television. However, when one is on the go, watching from a mobile device is a perfect solution.

April 11, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
  240. ruth

II enjoy watching TV on the TV with my family. Watching on wireless technology is just fine when you are by yourself or entertaining a younger sibling with something you don't like, but I'd rather watch a show with my family on a big screen than by myself on a small screen.

April 11, 2013 at 5:14 pm |
  241. Kaila

I I would not want to lose cable because I enjoy the HD and clearness of the images. Also, with a t.v., you can share the screen with someone instead of crowding around a laptop or tablet.

April 11, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
  242. brandon

i think i cant possibly go to the internet because if we do we will take it with us every where tv is at home so if we do go without tv its not for a good cause

April 11, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
  243. rotem

i honestly think that t.v. should stay on the t.v. because it is a way better way to watch in big than on small so i would not unplug also the wifi isn't good everywhere so you would be stuck sometimes

April 11, 2013 at 5:53 pm |
  244. Velvet

I couldn't unplug the cable because I have had to watch shows on a TV for all of my life.It would just be harder just to unplug the cable from the table and watch it on the laptop, tablet, or phone. It wouldn't be fair if the cable company had so many people wanted their cable unplugged.

April 11, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
  245. Sue

I could unplog and see all of my shows from my computer for I could see my favorite shows whenever I want and I don't have to wait while commercials are going on and do other things during that time.

April 11, 2013 at 5:56 pm |
  246. Libby

I think cable TV should be kept for a while longer. Most people enjoy the anticipation of waiting for the premiere of that new episode of you're favorite show.

April 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm |
  247. Hiroki

Only small number of people can watch the screen of iPhone, or iPad. On the contrary, more and more people will enjoy watching TV depending on the size of it. If the TV disappeared, the family could be disconnected.

April 11, 2013 at 6:11 pm |
  248. Knox

I am not one only because of my parents, but in college I will most likely only use a tv for my Xbox.

April 11, 2013 at 6:16 pm |
  249. katelyn

I would probably give my cable because I do t hardly use it any ways I mostly outside so I wouldn't really care.

April 11, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
  250. chongamonga

I think we will all unplug one day or the next. I like to watch TV on my tablet better than on the actual TV.

April 11, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
  251. logan

for some people that's what they would do, watch some sort of tv show on their computer. Other people have bad internet connection wherefore they watch shows on cable, but you would have to skip through commercials. Either way you would have to wait for some sort of pause.

April 11, 2013 at 6:24 pm |
  252. helgamelga

We will all unplug at sometime. I like to watch TV on my tablet better than on the actual TV because I don't have to wait for shows to come on and i could pause it to get a snack.:)

April 11, 2013 at 6:27 pm |
    • gertude

yes I agree

April 11, 2013 at 6:29 pm |
  253. shelby

I use my ipad for instagram and kik not to watch shows so I would choose TV because the screen is much bigger

April 11, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
    • Laquifa

Not every one can afford tablets and computers these days and i think that if it is limited to what shows you can watch on tablets, computers etc., more people will stick with their TVs.

April 11, 2013 at 11:12 pm |
  254. Kevin

Add another to the list of people that are sans "TV". We get our news and entertainment via CNN, MSN, Netflix and YouTube and where our TV is "smart" with a Sony Blue Ray player, we stream movies, programs and stuff we want to see, not pay for advertising and stuff we don't.

April 11, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
  255. Carrie

Me and my family will still watch TV because we watch a lot of live sports games and if we're missing a game we can never find the live coverage online

April 11, 2013 at 6:49 pm |
    • Sunny

I can totally understand Carrie.

April 11, 2013 at 9:29 pm |
  256. Sravya

I could never replace TV with phones,tablets, or laptops. TV gives the best quality and TV is bigger and better.

April 11, 2013 at 6:59 pm |
  257. Christian

My family does watch TV but sometimes we use the I pad because we are not always at the TV

April 11, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
  258. Arturo

I would rather stream my tv on the internet. Because you can watch it whenever and you can avoid the commercial. Because we all know we don't like them.

April 11, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
  259. Megan

I don't think people could completely unplug cable, and just use the internet. It doesn't matter to me, but most people are so into the media, and staying updated with events. I don't think people could last 2 days without the cable.. Shameful..

April 11, 2013 at 7:15 pm |
  260. Sarah

I look foward to waiting for the new episode of my favorite show to come out. Me and my family watch the new episode on the couch together.

April 11, 2013 at 7:29 pm |
  261. Klynn

I don't watch many shows live anymore, but rather record them on the DVR. And with many popular shows being broadcast on the internet, the switch wouldn't be too difficult.

April 11, 2013 at 7:57 pm |
  262. Ryan

I do understand why the move from broadcast TV to mobile viewing is occurring, but i'm not ready to fully commit yet. This is because things such as live sporting events are rarely available on mobile devices. Also, the cost of a mobile device contract that would have enough data to load large quantities of video is much more expensive than a current TV subscription.

April 11, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
  263. Monique

TVs believe it or not bring people together. Picture this: Everyone together on a couch watching a movie with popcorn. Then picture this: everyone with earplugs in watching movies on their own little device scattered throughout the house... I think I'll keep my TV.

April 11, 2013 at 8:40 pm |
  264. Conor

I'd rather use the TV because unlucky things could happen to your mobile devices.For example,dropping it,runs out of battery life,gets wet or overheats.

April 11, 2013 at 9:04 pm |
  265. Justin

I like watchingTV on my phone, because then I have all the news up-to-date or shows I don't want to miss.

April 11, 2013 at 9:11 pm |
  266. Chris

I still use TV when I watch DVD. Computers and labtops are very convenience and useful, but the screen is too small to watch movies.

April 11, 2013 at 9:23 pm |
  267. Sunny

I wouldn't be an on-air person because if you have a TV, why not use it? If you don't use the TV, its just a BIG waste of money.

April 11, 2013 at 9:28 pm |
  268. Alexis

I personally think you can live with out cable TV or whatever you might call it. My family and I have never had cable TV so I know what its like not to have it. It is really simple to live without, my whole life isn't revolved around the TV. I'm not worried about missing a certain show or missing anything.

April 11, 2013 at 9:36 pm |
  269. Hannah

i don't even have cable tv. personally, i think if your hobby involves a screen, you need to get out into the real world!

April 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm |
  270. Maggie

I love watching shows on the History Channel but my favorite shwos aren't available with our cable company. So I jump back and forth. But my question is this: What about Netflix? You can watch that on your TV, phone, tablet, and laptop. So which one does that count as?

April 11, 2013 at 10:06 pm |
  271. Lærke Maj (Prounonced Lark May)

When my family first moved to America from Denmark, we had no TV. So for a while I was full iPhone-Netflix. After we got settled in though and finally got a (flat screen) TV I only used wireless to catch up on episode I had missed.

April 11, 2013 at 10:10 pm |
  272. Emile

TVS have bad effects on people. So now we only watch movies on fridays on our computer.

April 11, 2013 at 10:21 pm |
  273. Annalee

I would rater watch Cable rather that other things like phones and etc. Because on a tv the screen is much bigger and you can enjoy it more close up!!

April 11, 2013 at 10:24 pm |
  274. Matthew

Instead of watching shows on a TV, my family and I watch movies and shows on Netflix. It's cheaper and there are no commercials that you have to sit through. Also on a tablet or smartphone you could pause and play whenever you please.

April 11, 2013 at 10:32 pm |
  275. Hargobind

I think that watching television coverage online is the way to go. It is much easier, on demand, commercial free, and fun to use. Although there are drawbacks, such as a small screen, it's better than paying a big satellite/cable bill for all programming, because you probably watch only a few shows!

April 11, 2013 at 10:33 pm |
  276. Shaniqua

I think its bad for cable companies because if too many people switch to computers many people can loose their jobs for not making enough sales and not making enough money

April 11, 2013 at 11:09 pm |
  277. Lilian

I would much rather watch TV on the TV because watching TV on the internet has too many commercials that you can't skip. Also it has better quality than laptop videos. And most people still pay for cable even if they're paying for Netflix or Hulu on something other than their TV. Why should you pay twice?

April 11, 2013 at 11:14 pm |
  278. Anya

I never watch TV but Maybe it's better to instead of sitting in your room on the comp, maybe you can do something while watching TV.

April 12, 2013 at 6:03 am |
  279. Taylor

I ove watching sports and the news on live t.v. because that's information you have to keep up with. If my favorite show comes out with a new episode then I'll watch it so me and my friends can talk about it the next day. Netflix is one on my favorite apps though I can rematch my episodes if I miss on or to rewatch it later.i still agree to watch tv on a television and ipad or mobile devices for games and Internet.

April 12, 2013 at 6:52 am |
  280. Nicole

My family already wants to get rid of regular cable! and I agree. TV is just not what what it used to be unfortunately. So we decided that we are going to have Netflex and Huluplus. Now we can say much more money and not waste it on cable we don't even use!

April 12, 2013 at 7:11 am |
  281. Andrew

I still do TV cause some stuff that are on laptops and stuff like that is not on so ya.

April 12, 2013 at 8:14 am |
  282. Cornelius

I don't mind getting rid of my T.V. I would go on my computer to watch my favorite shows.

April 12, 2013 at 9:55 am |
  283. Nathan

Doing this may be bad for cable and satellite companies, but the satellite got to be to expensive, and my family canceled the satellite 2 years ago. No we only get netflix.

April 12, 2013 at 11:35 am |
  284. Rachel

I watch TV on my computer and iPod but I like getting to be able to sit on the coach and watch a movie better I know that you can just watch a movie really anywhere else but it is just better to sit on the coach and put in a movie.

April 12, 2013 at 11:36 am |
  285. Noah

What!!!!! Who would want to unplug their T.V. I mean seriously, When I want to relax and watch T.V. I don't want to be holding up my hands for an hour, that would stink. Of-course that is just my opinion.

April 12, 2013 at 11:39 am |
  286. Rianna

T.V isn't healthy for a person, but it calms some people down so, if you are not by a television and you have a mobile device, you should be able to use it!

April 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
  287. Jacob

I think that all of the cable people know that many people are watching TV on their ipads, tablets, laptops, etc. so the cable people are expanding to the wireless and TV's may soon be a thing in the past.

April 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
  288. Catherine

People normally use their phone to watch t.v when traveling but at home i still use the big screen so i would not agree to take them away.

April 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
  289. Grac

If teachers end up helping students cheat, teachers wont receive the respect and authority they deserve, then the students will feel like its not so bad to teach, "the teachers wont punish me!"

April 12, 2013 at 12:08 pm |
  290. Sederick

I still love my T.V. but I use my laptop to get caught up on some shows I missed.

April 12, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  291. Bryton

I do use a computer to watch most of my shows. But I still watch on the T.V. because some times the internet is really slow and i think watching on the T.V. is better for family movies because it is usually a bigger screen. But I do like the internet better because i can watch what i want when i want.

April 12, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  292. Logan

I don't really watch much TV myself but my parent ,and two brothers do. So I could live without TV.

April 12, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
  293. Shayne

I still watch my shows on the T.V because if I am watching a movie on my laptop the screen is to small.

April 12, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
  294. Juliana

I think they should be on at all times because it could be entertainment to the people flying. It would also be okay to leave it on if u were to turn your phone on airplane mode so it doesn’t mess with any of the equipment. I also think they should be off because they can be a destractment to the people flying, the pilot could say something important and then they wouldn’t be able to hear because they would music in but not care at all.

April 12, 2013 at 2:14 pm |
  295. Dominique

I do watch alot of stuff on my electronics but I havent stoped watching t.v on a telvision......

April 12, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
  296. Ammon

Keep it on the TV. It was meant to be that way

April 12, 2013 at 3:31 pm |
  297. Louis

Its more convenient to be able to watch things on on and iPhone or whatever because you can take it on the go and it could be more easily accessible. But there are (of course) pros and cons to both... I think i usually watch things on the television more often because it is much bigger but then again I don't watch "on-air' things very often, mostly netflix.

April 12, 2013 at 4:05 pm |
  298. Melissa

I like satellite T.V. because the suspense of waiting for a new episode of your favorite show to come on is cool! Also, you can never find the full T.V. episodes on YouTube.

April 12, 2013 at 5:02 pm |
  299. ricky

on like a boss

April 12, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
  300. Lizzie

I don't watch much T.V. in the first place, but I 'd rather see shows on a big screen rather than my iPod. I like waiting for the 1-2 shows I do watch because it gives me something to look forward to.

April 12, 2013 at 6:43 pm |
  301. Rebecca

I like my tv shows on my tv. For one thing, some devices don't have the same quality. If the majority of people want to use their devices, more ads woud be put online...

April 12, 2013 at 7:13 pm |
  302. Katie

It's pretty convenient when you can just go to youtube and watch whatever you want whenever you want, unlike TV where you have to wait until your show is on.

April 12, 2013 at 8:42 pm |
  303. Skye

I prefer the tv because the tablets,iPods,etc. are too small. I like to watch tv a big screen. I also don't mind waiting for a show because I like to watch reruns

April 12, 2013 at 10:29 pm |
  304. Karina

I go on the computer more often, but you have to wait about a week for a show you cold have seen that day to end up n your computer. Sometimes though shows leak early only on the computer.

April 13, 2013 at 1:15 am |
  305. Karina

Take CNN student news, we are (most) watching it on the computer instead of in the morning, aren't we?

April 13, 2013 at 1:16 am |
  306. Matt

I still watch my programs on TV. Even though the rate of people watching TV on phone or laptop is increasing, a lot of people, including me, watch TV on a TV.

April 13, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  307. Emily

I like normal television but my favorite show isn't on T.V. and I have to watch it online, so I'd be okay if my family deactivated.

April 13, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
  308. Grace

I think that this is good and bad. It's bad because could end up like texting while driving. The results could be dangerous. But this is a good thing because this is a boost in modern technology. Who knows what could be next down the road.

April 14, 2013 at 12:54 pm |
  309. Hana

For me it is easier to use cable tv and watching tv is easier than on a laptop because its easier to watch full shows and if you want to have a movie night with a group of friends or family it is easier for everybody to see the tv, but I can always try something new and it could be a good experince.

April 14, 2013 at 1:12 pm |
  310. DYLAN

i could go watching all my favorite shows on the internet. thats what more kids should do, its better for the envirement

April 14, 2013 at 5:32 pm |