.
March 21st, 2013

Elvis, The Beatles, and Music for the Ages

Which is it?
Just because I'm reporting on a significant Beatles anniversary on Friday doesn't mean I'd pick them over the king of rock 'n' roll (I wouldn't).

But whether you're an Elvis or Beatles fan, what's amazing is that people are still talking about them decades after they stopped recording music.  Is there an artist today that you think will stand the test of time?  Or do you think that 50 years from now, most of today's music stars will be forgotten?

Please remember to only include your first name when commenting.

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Tawcrenee

I think The Strokes will last for a long time. There music is timeless and they have many die-hard fans like me.

March 21, 2013 at 6:34 pm |
  2. Katy

I'm not saying Elvis has bad music, but I think The Beatles are just better. Elvis's music has just never really appealed to me.

March 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
  3. Peyton

I think some of the more classy artists will remain known for a long time, like Adele.

March 21, 2013 at 6:52 pm |
    • Aarya

I love Adele!

March 25, 2013 at 11:08 pm |
    • Doug

Adele will be forgotten in 100 years but people will still be into the Beatles, Adele, PLEASE

March 26, 2013 at 4:44 am |
  4. Jastin

i think the beatles are awsome

March 21, 2013 at 7:12 pm |
  5. Emile

The Beatles are so much better the Elvis. The Yellow submarine is the best song ever!

March 21, 2013 at 7:16 pm |
  6. Rohan

I would go in for One Direction, since they started from a small group of friends to being an inspiration

March 21, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
  7. Emile

Beatles all the way!

March 21, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
    • Jacob

I know right.The musician I believe Carl Azuz should talk about is Avril Lavigne.Avril has done a lot in her career which is having three fragrances.Also a fashion line, a foundation that helps sick and disabled children, and finally she writes her own music which makes her stand out.If Carl talks about Avril Lavigne I will be the happiest viewer of CNN Student News.Thank you!

March 23, 2013 at 2:11 am |
  8. devon

i like the beetles better because their music is suol ful and it has meaning

March 21, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
  9. Jacob

Today's music stars will definitely be forgotten, I could not imagine telling my future grandchildren about Nicki Minaj.

March 21, 2013 at 7:54 pm |
  10. Ethan

Both are great so i would choose both

March 21, 2013 at 7:57 pm |
  11. Ryley

i think the Beatles will be remembered forever... if they were a big hit in the 1960's then why not in the 2160's???

March 21, 2013 at 8:39 pm |
  12. Natalie

I love Green Day! They are my rock n' roll favorite! Green Day has existed since 1988, their style of rock is awesome! Punk Rock is rockin awesome! :)

March 21, 2013 at 8:58 pm |
  13. TJ

the beetles because i love their music. plus the beetles are still popular just not making any more music.

March 21, 2013 at 9:00 pm |
  14. Monique

I understand how most people LOVE the Beatles... They are pretty good. But Elvis?
    He was the king of ROCK! I'm sorry, Beatles fans... You can't really argue with that.

As for musician's today, most of them are crazy- talented... but none of them are legends. They all make pretty similar songs, so they are all about the same talent-wise.

March 21, 2013 at 9:12 pm |
  15. nataly

the beatles i like there song help and gets me moving

March 21, 2013 at 9:19 pm |
  16. Felicia

Though I'm not a belieber, I believe that Justin Bieber will probably stand out. He's young, made lots of songs, and fans. Lots of them. But you never know if things change.

March 21, 2013 at 9:52 pm |
  17. Mia

The beatles because not only are their songs memorable but, they tell a story.

March 21, 2013 at 10:08 pm |
  18. Amy

The Beatles are AWESOME!!

March 21, 2013 at 10:17 pm |
  19. Eloise

I believe that no matter what time period it is, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, will continue to fill the souls of everyone with his amazing music. I believe that in order for these great legends to be continuously listened to, our generation must ensure that our children is listen to the music. And so on and so on. :)

March 21, 2013 at 10:57 pm |
  20. Johnathan

The Bee Gees/Barry Gibb would make it through the test of time. All of the lost that the brothers went through but they all wrote incredible music.

March 21, 2013 at 11:30 pm |
  21. Laura

I think Zendaya from Shake it Up will stand the test of time because she is really good at dancing and is very nice. I don't think she will ever be forgotten. GO ZENDAYA!

March 22, 2013 at 1:50 am |
  22. Jerry

I personally think Justin Bieber is definitely not going to make it to 50 years from now, what I think might last for that long is... there's so little I can't even think af any! I suspect that most of the artists now will be forgotten in 50 years.

March 22, 2013 at 5:28 am |
  23. Christine

I am an Elvis because he is a rock legend and his music never gets old.

March 22, 2013 at 6:40 am |
  24. Christine

I think Steven Tyler has what it takes because he is not only the Rock and Roll king, he knows how to get a crowed wild.

March 22, 2013 at 6:48 am |
  25. Rachel

The Beatles.To stand the test of time, four will be better than one.

March 22, 2013 at 7:22 am |
  26. leah

One Direction is the best for me

March 22, 2013 at 8:09 am |
  27. Elaine

I think it just depends on the singer. I told one of my friends that I really like Shania Twain but she told me she had no idea who she was. So it might just depend on the singer.

March 22, 2013 at 8:17 am |
  28. Adam

I'd take the Beatles over Elvis, although I do appreciate his music as well. Truth be told, I'd take the Rolling Stones over both of them.

March 22, 2013 at 8:54 am |

Carl you do look a lot like Elvis to me, you should do a song.

March 22, 2013 at 9:19 am |
  30. Diane

One thing for sure is, there is one meritorious artist that even after his death back in 2009, he will never be forgotten. This mind-blowing entertainer, performer, and singer goes by the name of Michael Joseph Jackson. Though, there are still people out there living in their 80s and recall all the famous people that were living in their time. Honestly, 20 years from now there will still be those "head over heels in love" fans.

March 22, 2013 at 9:48 am |
  31. Dasia

I think Katy Perry is super! Shes a great singer.

March 22, 2013 at 10:21 am |
  32. AnneKathrine

I know the comparison of I One Direction to the Beatles is often made, but its there. As much as people want to say its all computer generated, they were originated on a live singing show. They've proven their talent, and like the Beatles, are here to stay.

March 22, 2013 at 10:21 am |
  33. Briana

I can see Carrie Underwood 50 years from now and Bruno Mars because they are from two different worlds and they are great singers.

March 22, 2013 at 10:28 am |
  34. Rebecca

I think artists like Beyonce, Adele, and other amazing artists will be remebered in 50 years.

March 22, 2013 at 10:37 am |
  35. Maddie

I think artists Taylor Swift, Adele, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, and One Direction will stand the test of time.

March 22, 2013 at 10:38 am |
    • Maddie

I also think Tim Mcgraw will make it to the Music Hall of Fame, too.

March 22, 2013 at 10:42 am |
  36. Jaela

I think I see Miguel 50 years from now will be the greatest R&B singer of all time.

March 22, 2013 at 10:40 am |
  37. Lupita

I think the backstreet boys are the greatest singers.

March 22, 2013 at 10:41 am |
  38. Cornelius

I think Maroon 5 will last 50 years from now they are the greatest singers ever.

March 22, 2013 at 10:46 am |
  39. Nataiya

Taylor Swift.

March 22, 2013 at 10:47 am |
  40. Nick

I think most music starts today will be forgotten, as none of them stand up to Elvis or the Beatles with so much as a chicken feather

March 22, 2013 at 10:59 am |
  41. Alissa

I think that Mariah Carey's music will stand the test of time. She is a legend.

March 22, 2013 at 11:13 am |
  42. Bobthebuilder

JUSTIN BIEBER!!!

March 22, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  43. Shiv

This may sound funny coming out of me but the truth is that I think Adelle will make through the test of time because of a couple of reasons.
    1) She has a very unique way of changing her voice while singing.
    2) She is a multiple grammy award winner so that comes to show her music is loved by many so her songs will continue through the test of time.

March 22, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  44. Salma

I think Alicia Keys will be known widely after she retires. She went to school to specifically study music, and didn't just pop out of the internet.

March 22, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
  45. Elizabeth

I'm not a big fan of either (call me crazy, but I like listening to instrumental music generally), but I have listened to
    Elvis in the past on my own. That being said, I prefer Elvis.

Today's music stars are a different question. I'm not sure that many of them will be remembered, due to the fact of so many people being negitive and positive about them. For example, the Beatles and Elvis don't have many haters (at least, that I can think of on the top of my head) but many stars today, like Bieber or Minaj, are dislked and made fun of. They may be remembered negitively, or be barely remembered at all. I can picture someone talking to their grandchildren (which would be one of us kids when older) trying to tell our children which music artists we loved/hated but not being able to remember their name. I think many will be lost in the flow of new music.

March 22, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
  46. Alec

i have never liked Elvis's music much witch is why i like the Beatles ( plus he looks weird). and if we're taiking about who will live on in the music world for 50 years or more then i definetly say Justin Bieber

March 22, 2013 at 1:46 pm |
  47. Lyn

I like the Beetles better. And I think One Direction will survive through the years. In interviews they have been compared to the Beetles. They go on tour and their concerts sell out in minutes.

March 22, 2013 at 2:13 pm |
  48. allison

The Beatles..... all the way!! Baby!! Beatles started 'the British envasion"! :)

March 22, 2013 at 3:05 pm |
  49. Hope

The music of the 21st century be forgotten?! No Way! The 21st century didn't have any major break troughs but I grew up in it I won't let my children forget!

March 22, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
  50. Liza

i agree. Most of todays' pop stars are really talented, but there are so many songs i know of that sound the same, but made by completely different artists. I'm not sure who I like better- Elvis or Beatles, but I do know that who is better is a matter of opinion.

March 22, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
  51. Allison

I think that the music from decades ago like Elvis Presley or the Beatles... Are still very popular. But now there is none like Elvis or the Beatles...who sing like they do! It's all pop! So I think there songs will be forgotten but not themselves!

March 22, 2013 at 3:44 pm |
  52. Sakim

Elvis is WAY better than the Beatles- But neither compare to some of the stars of the 80s. DEF LEPPARD, Bon Jovi, Styx, Ozzy Osborne, Europe, and most of all Foreigner just to name a few, will be remembered not for being heartthrobs, but for their musical talent. The current music industry is moving to fast for people like Justin Beiber, Katy Perry, and Adam Levine to be big for long. Look back at Brittney Spears and Hannah Montana, they were forgotten fast.

March 22, 2013 at 3:46 pm |
  53. Sakim

Go Juke Box Hero!!!!!

March 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm |
  54. Diana

The Beatles and Elvis will be remembered forever. They are music legends! But Micheal Jackson is more of a legend to me. There wont EVER be another Micheal Jackson. He created the pop genre by himself! He is the single most talented man in the world (even if hes dead). His album thriller went 17 consecutive weeks as number one! He is the king of pop and he always will be. End of discussion.

March 22, 2013 at 3:57 pm |
  55. Elizabeth

Yes, the Beatles started the British invasion, but how can they compare to the King of Rock 'n' Roll? In my opinion, Elvis is much better than the Beatles.

March 22, 2013 at 4:12 pm |
  56. Ally

Personally I think the Beatles are amazing. But for who will always be remembered probably Adele because has many Grammys or Taylor Swift because she is a little bit of everything.

March 22, 2013 at 4:40 pm |
  57. Jazzy

I'm not really a fan of either person. The music has changed a lot since The Beetle's and Elvis. I'm used to stuff like Harlem Shake but, the way music is now, I don't think any artist's music will last.

March 22, 2013 at 4:56 pm |

The Beatles are the best ever, and my all time favorite band! I don't think any other band will ever rival them in long-term popularity (or short-term, for that matter).

March 22, 2013 at 6:10 pm |
  59. Priscilla

Weird Al Yankovic. Just saying.

March 22, 2013 at 6:30 pm |
  60. Laynee

I would pick the Beatles because they started the British Invasion. Without that we wouldn't have song artists like One Direction and Adele.

March 22, 2013 at 6:46 pm |
  61. Luna

First of all, I would like to say I LOVE your puns, Carl Azuz!!!!! :)
    Now back to the topic. Although I do respect the King of Rock n' Roll, I definitely vote the Beatles over him! They were so influential and had really good songs. Elvis sang good, but his songs were just okay... Plus, the Beatles wrote their own music and played SO many instruments themselves! Sorry, Carl, but this time, the Beatles have the majority vote!
    I think they will be remembered for many years to come. They will (hopefully) never be forgotten <3

March 22, 2013 at 7:04 pm |
  62. aliyah

I think that Elvis is way better than the Beatles because Elvis' music has more rhythm and anyone can dance to it. The Beatles have sad songs or a lot of love songs.

March 22, 2013 at 8:07 pm |
  63. Brian

At a press conference, it was suggested The Beatles were just 4 Elvis Presleys. Ringo got up and started convulsing saying, "It's not true! It's not true!" The Beatles and Elvis are both icons to music. Their contributions are astronomical! Both had the ability to make you feel happy or sad with their songs, and they did it over and over again! My late wife loved Elvis. My Dad (a Big Band fanatic), when he saw Elvis on Ed Sullivan said, "He's got a good voice.". Even I, at the age of ten, was captured by his presence. However, The Beatles made me think. And that's the difference. While Elvis' songs were great, The Beatles were better because they largely sang about their life and reflections on it. I and many others identified with these songs. Forget Beatlemania! That was just the beginning! Where will it end? Elvis is dead. John Lennon and George Harrison are dead. Ringo's still here and performing. I'm sure Paul is being kept alive by his own arrogance. But The Beatles' music will never die, and thankfully, neither will Elvis'.

March 22, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
  64. Brandon

The Beatles were the voice of their generation and that's why The Beatles will always better than Elvis and anybody else.

March 22, 2013 at 10:28 pm |
  65. Josh

I think Evanescence will since they've received worldwide fame and were naturally formed, not grouped together by big business people

March 22, 2013 at 10:34 pm |
  66. Sydney

The King of Rock N' Roll will forever live on. His music would be heard even centries after our time!

March 22, 2013 at 10:36 pm |

There is no denying how talented The Beatles were. Yet, Elvis was a major turning point in music. He really accelerated the Rock and Roll movement. Elvis was not a songwriter but he had charisma and a stage presence that was previously unmatched. Elvis influenced The Beatles, they have said so themselves. As much as I love the Beatles, I have to go with Elvis on this one.

In terms of standing the test of time, I think that very few artists today will be revered as much as the Beatles and Elvis were. Maybe Adele will be remembered, because she is truly incredible. The problem with singers today is that they try too hard to become commercially successful. Nobody really stands out. Their performances seem to aim for a certain "wow" factor, using lights or a ton of backup dancers, instead of just pure heartfelt music.

With the new technology, I think the music industry tries to make artists sound TOO perfect. If there is a flaw in their vocals, they can fix that with computers.

What makes the older artists so interesting is that they had a certain raw quality about them, and I think that is lacking in today's music.

March 23, 2013 at 1:24 am |
  68. Melissa

I think that [the band] MUSE will stand the test of time. Their songs are unique and revolutionary; with themes such as 'our emancipation being a fantasy' and 'stopping the one in control'. Plus, there is a lovely mix of rock and classical instruments throughout their songs. Their music is brilliant and fresh, and most definitely worth being remembered.

March 23, 2013 at 3:12 am |
  69. Skylar

Yep! Beatles all the way! For some reason, people REALLY like that British accent!

March 23, 2013 at 9:06 am |
  70. Marleigh

Julie Andrews, all the way. Even though more modern singers are good, they can go "out of style". With classic musicales and classic singers, that just doesn't happen.

March 23, 2013 at 10:03 am |
  71. Greg

Elvis just performed. The Beatles created, reflecting society and redefining a big chunk of poplar cultuer. The WHO did both, and Tommy, too. just sayin...

March 23, 2013 at 11:26 am |
  72. Greg

Elvis just performed. The Beatles created, reflecting society and redefining a big chunk of popular culture. The WHO did both, and Tommy, too. just sayin...

and then, there's Waren Zevon.

March 23, 2013 at 11:28 am |
  73. Roth

I don't think that there are any real artist anymore who will stand the test of time because they're music doesn't relate to another time wether its peace or war unless its like Five For fightings song "Superman ( It's not Easy)" which become popular after 9/11. Music just doesn't speak to us the way it used to.

March 23, 2013 at 11:42 am |
  74. Tasmia

Justin Bieber all the way!

March 23, 2013 at 12:14 pm |
  75. Bella

I like both the Beatles and Elvis they both have great soulful and original I can't choose a favorite because they have different styles of music but they both definitely made a huge mark in the history of music and will not be forgotten.

March 23, 2013 at 1:53 pm |
  76. Josh

Evanescence all the way! They actually formed naturally, not being put together by business people or winning an award show, and they've gained worldwide fame.

March 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
  77. Lauren

The Beatles have triggered the liking in people of all ages and their music never gets old. Elvis, on the other hand, isn't very popular in today's younger generations. No one I know still listens to Elvis.

March 23, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
  78. Mathew

I never really listened to much, even though I will always remember them for being icons for rock, and about music dying...it depends. Some artists will live on for a long time- but most modern day music will end eventually in sad to say :(

March 23, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
  79. Bella

I LOVE the Beatles and Elvis its hard to choose which one I like best but I would choose Journey and Led Zeppelin over them any day. The people who are popular musicians right now won't be remembered for their glitter or extravagant shows the musicians who sing with soul and heart will be remembered in the future for their songs that stick in your mind.

March 23, 2013 at 5:59 pm |
  80. Travis

The Beatles are better in my opinion, afterall they wrote their own music. Elvis did not.

March 23, 2013 at 6:25 pm |

Oh, please stop it!....although somewhat narrow in perspective, I remember a john lennon quote "before elvis there was nothing" ...voting which is "better" doesn't make sense because any person's preference is #1 to themselves as an individual....such polling is so "16" "Teen Beat", etc.., knowwhutimean vern??? ...I think it's more well rounded if we enjoy all kinds of music at the same time without wasting time comparing apples to oranges...next?

March 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm |
  82. John

Oh, please stop it!....although somewhat narrow in perspective, I remember a john lennon quote: "before elvis there was nothing" ...voting which is "better" doesn't make sense because any person's preference is #1 to themselves as an individual....such polling is so "16" "Teen Beat", etc.., knowwhutimean vern??? ...I think it's more well rounded if we enjoy all kinds of music at the same time without wasting time comparing apples to oranges...

March 23, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
  83. Abbye

I am convinced most stars will fade out. Many are forgotten and seen as bad influences when their career hits a bump and they get into trouble and start to do drugs and stuff.

March 23, 2013 at 7:49 pm |
  84. Allie

I feel like The Beatles and Elvis can't match up; they are kind of equal in their own ways. I've loved The Beatles since I was like 9, but I've loved Elvis since I was even younger than that. I think that Elvis invented Rock n Roll and The Beatles spun it for their own...either way, they've both affected my life (and so many others) in tremendous ways and I wouldn't be who I am without their influence!

March 23, 2013 at 8:21 pm |
  85. Tanner

Flo Rida. He has a bunch of great songs

March 23, 2013 at 9:40 pm |
  86. Ted

I think the singer like Adele will be, but not the pop star like Justin Bieber cause that kind of songs would be forgotten easily and rapidly.

March 24, 2013 at 4:10 am |
  87. PJ

lol. Elvis's Sun records changed music. As for the Beatles, who cares. I like The Doors over the Beatles.

March 24, 2013 at 4:29 am |
  88. Song

Elvis is good too but the Beatles have a magic pull to anyone who hears it.

March 24, 2013 at 6:38 am |
  89. Brian

I personally think The Doors will be remembered as songs like Break On Through and People are Strange are still played and loved to this day. Johnny Cash would be my second runner up, as his songs like Hung My Head, I Walk the Line, and Ring of Fire were made famous by his style of playing and singing.

March 24, 2013 at 11:33 am |
  90. Chank

Elvis...

March 24, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  91. jimbo

The Clash, Ramones. Lynnrd Skynnrd, Whitney Houston. But today, No talent. No one.

March 24, 2013 at 1:05 pm |
  92. Anthony

Jimi Hendrix....nuff said,,

March 24, 2013 at 4:36 pm |
  93. Joseph

Many artists have come and gone. Each has shared their own spotlight of glory and popularity. Justin Bieber was very popular. He still is, and a lot of people know him, but he has worn off on people. He used to be the number one topic, but now he is not.

March 24, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
  94. LESLIE

I pick The Beatles! Thier lrycs will alwas be relivant. My parents told me about The Beatles and I will tell my kids about them!! As far as today's musicans, I agree with Peyton! Adele is classy and classic. Two traits most acts today miss the mark on.

March 24, 2013 at 6:09 pm |
  95. Annika

I think that The Beatles and Elvis will be forgotten after awhile... There are so many new bands and groups coming out that will be popular after awhile.

March 24, 2013 at 6:56 pm |
  96. stephen

The Beatles.... Elvis just can't stack up against them.... he's too limited, too one dimensional. The Beatles were never limited

March 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm |
  97. Connor

If classical music composers have stayed around for 300+ years they can last 300 more.

March 24, 2013 at 7:47 pm |
  98. Alley

I really think that big Hallyu Wave stars will still be holding on to popularity in a few decades. Groups like Big Bang, 2NE1, Girls Generation, etc. are all gaining popularity very quickly in the US, and it all seems to be leading up to a big bang of popularity. I hope that 2NE1 will have their names remembered around the world long after they're retired.

March 24, 2013 at 10:04 pm |
  99. Seth

The Beatles, They were the forefront of the music. Without them, My generation unfortunatly has forgotton about the first real boy band.

March 24, 2013 at 11:43 pm |
  100. Jiho

every musician has his or her personal style of music and i think that every musicians are to be respected and loved

March 25, 2013 at 3:47 am |
  101. Cathy

I love Beatles' songs, really. Their songs are awesome. I choose Beatles to Elvis Presley. But among today's music stars, I personally favor One Direction :)

March 25, 2013 at 4:57 am |
  102. Joe

I assume Radiohead will live on for a couple of generations, or at least I hope. Beatles all the way though in my opinion

March 25, 2013 at 5:36 am |
  103. Jude

Elvis brought Rock and Roll to the world and made music something it never was before. The Beatles took it to the next level of complexity. I'm not sure we would have had the Beatles if there hadn't been Elvis before them. I was fortunate to grow up with both Elvis and the Beatles but of the two options the "Fab Four" would be the most influential in my life.

March 25, 2013 at 7:01 am |
  104. Sean

I believe that artists today will slowly be forgotten, and many will come and go. I don't think we have had an artist that has really put there mark on the music industry compared to people like the Beatles, Michael Jackson, or Led Zeppelin, etc. Except maybe for a select few.

March 25, 2013 at 8:54 am |
  105. Noah

I may be a bigger fan of The Beatles, but it most likely won't matter. Both of them are still as popular as ever. And if they've lasted this long, there's no stopping them from remaining in peoples' hearts for generations to come.

March 25, 2013 at 10:28 am |
  106. Rizelle

I grew up listening to the Beatles songs; I'm in high school, and I think very few teenagers today hardly even listens to either of them. But I'd rather trade all the popular songs today to bring back the Beatles!

March 25, 2013 at 11:05 am |
  107. Grant

I certainly hope that today's music is forgotten, and I think that the oldies will last longer than songs like Gangnam Style, or whatever that's called. If it doesn't, then, guess what: I play instruments and can sing, so I can make my own music for my future family.

March 25, 2013 at 2:13 pm |
    • Jordan

You are totally right, I can't stand today's music. The 'good ole days' are much better. Plus, I play the drums, so I can give myself (and my future family) a pretty good beat. :D

March 25, 2013 at 7:31 pm |
  108. Carter

Both have made a difference in music and they both have wonderful music. It's hard to choose a favorite, so I choose both.

March 25, 2013 at 2:37 pm |
  109. Christian

When deciding which one was my favorite, I was All Shook Up, but then I decided to Let it Be.

March 25, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
  110. Hunter

Elvis may be a "Hound dog" and the Beatles may live in a "yellow submarine". But "we can work it" out and "come together" on the Beatles.

March 25, 2013 at 4:08 pm |
  111. Arturo

The Beatles of course. Don't get me wrong Elvis was a wonderful artist. But when I was young and first heard The Beatles....I was filled with happiness. There no emotion out there that could describe how I felt that day.

March 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm |
  112. Jacob

In 50 years I think most music stars will be forgotten. For example ever since psy did gangnam style stoped doing the song and started working on other songs he kind of faded away.

March 25, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
  113. Shayna

I don't think anyone from todays music era will be remebered. They dont sing from their hearts they just sing whatever is written down on the paper infront of them

March 25, 2013 at 6:14 pm |
  114. Adam

The Beatles are better no doubt compared with Elvis. I agree that Justin Bieber will be remembered years from now even though I, personally don't like his music. I also think Simon and Garfuncle should be remembered because their music has a cool sound and they don't cuss like artists do nowadays. They should be remembered, but I don't think they will.

March 25, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
  115. Hana

I have to say the Beatles they have been my favorite band since I was three years old, i know all there songs and I have a lot of there t-shirts. Most of the people I have talked to think i crazy from liking music from this time but I think more kids my age should listen to. Both Musicians have a lot in common though and I hope they are not forgotten. Music from this time was real and not autotunned. People actually used there talented voices and they made the music for there songs.

March 25, 2013 at 6:47 pm |
  116. Hailey

Elvis was a rock ledgend! but for a current artist today I and going to say Bruno Mars. He has many fan's and plays good music that i think cpould last a lifetime!

March 25, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
  117. Jordan

I like Elvis...he just had those awesome jazzy tunes. But as for the musicians of today, they won't last. There song don't have the vibe or the message. Some messages of artists like Katy Perry are, well, pretty sick to me, so I don't like there music even now.

March 25, 2013 at 7:28 pm |
  118. Emily

I certainty hope most of today's music is forgotten. It seems the oldies songs sing about things that matter, like love and sadness, and pop music today just talks about sex and drugs.

March 25, 2013 at 7:30 pm |
  119. Grace

The Beatles where okay, but "Yellow Submarine" was a joke! There is a reason that they call Elvis "The King of Rock and Roll" so the Beatles will always be lower than Royalty.

March 25, 2013 at 7:38 pm |
  120. Jill

There is no comparison between the two. Elvis could sing pretty good and looked the part, but he didn't write his own songs or create his own unique sounds like The Beatles did. The fact that there are a million Elvis impersonators that take "The King" off so very well only proves that he had nothing a lot of other people couldn't do just as well. The Beatles were far more original and creative.

March 25, 2013 at 7:56 pm |
  121. tatiana

If you really think about it there are very few groups or individuals that attain the it factor, or have that in their work. There are in my opinion only three people maybe four that will be remember fifty years from now. Although there are some amazing legendary groups and inviduals that have been in the music industry, certain ones stand out. Of course Elvis, the beatles, and michael jackson. Their careers are legendary, and the popularity of those respective individuals hasnt really decreased over the years. Who will people be able to say hey i know ( that person). I highly doubt any of todays musicians will be remembered the same way. Maybe one or two. I do hope however that all these great individuals and groups will be remembered because their craft, and careers are amazing and helped shape our generation and times.

March 25, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
  122. Carter

The singers today are awesome. I love all of the music these people put out for the world to hear. Train is one of my favorites. Their music is great.

March 25, 2013 at 8:37 pm |
  123. Sara

I love both, but I just have to go with the Beatles. The Beatles' music speaks to me more than Elvis' and in the en, four is better than one, right?

March 25, 2013 at 9:59 pm |
  124. Aarya

I like the Beatles better.The Beatles actually wrote all their songs, which requires lots of hard work. I think because if their unique lyrics and rythym that the Beatles will be talked about longer. People are talking less and less about Elvis nowadays.

March 25, 2013 at 11:05 pm |
  125. hannah

I love to listen to music made in the 1900s because it inspires me to sing.

March 26, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  126. Erin

I think artists and bands like Queen, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, and Michael Jackson will forever live through music. Singers like Justin Bieber or Nicki Minaj will probably be forgotten within the next ten years.

March 26, 2013 at 11:11 am |
  127. Brett

I have more important things to worry about than music

March 26, 2013 at 5:11 pm |