March 20th, 2013

What an Education Means

Malala Yousafzai risked her life to get an education in Pakistan, which might seem strange if you've heard news reports about the number of dropouts in America.  But in some parts of the world, an education is not guaranteed for all people, and that's something that Malala wants to change.

What does getting an education mean to you?  Is it a priority in your life, or are you just going through the motions?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Sam

I think that education is very important in life. I have heard of many people dropping out but what do they do, go work at a gas station? I think Americans should feel lucky that they even have an option to go to school. If you want to succeed in life then an education is extremely important.

March 20, 2013 at 6:59 pm |
  2. Hayley

Getting and education means alot to me.....I love school and everything about it. School is a prioity to me...i think its very important to show up at school.....my teacher after spring break is going to put a $10 dollar bill on the board and who ever is at school for the rest of the year gets it...we have so many kids who miss school...thats a great idea

March 20, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
  3. Hamza

To me education is my futures architect. It will build my future

March 20, 2013 at 7:13 pm |
  4. Sarah

I support Malala because she is fighting for what she believes in. Getting a good education is very important to me, and its good to know that not everyone is just going through the motions.

March 20, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
  5. Carter

School is a priority. If we don't go to school, we wouldn't be able to succeed in life. Nobody would get a job because they wouldn't be intelligent.

March 20, 2013 at 8:32 pm |
  6. JUSTIN

TO ME AN EDUCATION IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE

March 20, 2013 at 8:35 pm |
  7. Robert

I feel that it is both. Sometimes I love school and sometimes it is very hard. I always try to remember that it will help us succeed in life!

March 20, 2013 at 8:45 pm |
  8. Dixon

an education to me means a future and a career with a diploma in my hand and i see why she fought for her educatin and out of it all you want to make your parents proud

March 20, 2013 at 8:46 pm |
  9. Ashley

Education is very important, and a huge priority in life. However, I think it's stressful, more to succeed for my parents than for myself. I value my education, no matter how stressful it is, because it will help me on later in life.

March 20, 2013 at 8:59 pm |
  10. Corbin

It is one of the most importanat things in my life. It is without a doubt a prioroity. When I see people say that they hate school it really makes me think how fortunate I am to be able to get such a great education. I really know that later in life I will appreciate all of the knowlage that I learned as a child.

March 20, 2013 at 9:31 pm |
  11. Matt

An education is more to me than boring lectures, homework, and report cards. An education to me is like a part of life that I will always be thankful to have.

March 20, 2013 at 9:32 pm |
  12. FireFly

Everyone should have an education to learn

March 20, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
  13. Kendra

Getting an education means a lot to me. I try my best because I know that one day it will make a huge impact on my life. If I do well and try hard in school, I will get good grades and do well on important tests. This will get me into a good collage where I can learn more and get a well paying job. Everything I do now will impact my future, so I might as well do my best.

March 20, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
  14. Kendall

I believe education is important because, it shows me how to succeed in life and fulfil your dreams, my dream is to be an animal expert.

March 20, 2013 at 10:29 pm |
  15. Elizabeth

My education is very important to me. To know how all of those dropouts don't take their education for granted is horrible. Considering all of those, such as Malala, who are risking their lives to get an education makes me appreciate all that the teachers do for us and the freedom we have from the government.

March 20, 2013 at 11:00 pm |
  16. Amy

Education is very important to me. I see the effects of education when something in everyday life makes sense to me because of something that I learned in school. It actually makes me really happy when I see that it's helping me progress.

March 20, 2013 at 11:01 pm |
  17. shamyra

It means the world to me it's the only way your going to get anywhere in life

March 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm |
  18. Cosette

I think that an education is extreamly important. Without it, i cant imagine what the future will hold for or cicity.

March 20, 2013 at 11:30 pm |
  19. Felicia

Education means a lot because that's how you find jobs. Some people don't have money to go to school and for those who do go to school, don't appreciate it.

March 20, 2013 at 11:31 pm |
  20. steven

i think more people get a better education so the could be able to play sports and pass class

March 20, 2013 at 11:51 pm |
  21. devon

an education means to me reassurance for my future and learning something new to not only strengthen my brain but my peers to.

March 21, 2013 at 1:24 am |
  22. monjero

an education means to me learning and brighting my future and success

March 21, 2013 at 1:25 am |
  23. Hau

For me, education is not just to receive knowledge but also to attend learning environment in school, with friends and teachers. Although everyone is able to study during whole life, school time is still one of the most beautiful period to learn, to play with friends, to dream and to prepare for stormy life. You only can be on school seat within 16 or more a little while your life can last until 70 years.

March 21, 2013 at 4:45 am |
  24. siye

I think education is such a self-development. We can see as much as we know.

March 21, 2013 at 5:03 am |
  25. Mondo

Education is a privilege not a right and most people take that for granted.

March 21, 2013 at 8:04 am |
  26. Engracia

An education means everything for me. I'm homeschooled because I want to go to a good college, get a good job, and raise a family. Those things are much harder if you can't read or write. Whenever I am frustrated and think I can't learn any longer, I think of Malala and others like her. That makes me work even harder.

March 21, 2013 at 8:40 am |
  27. Krista

We should be proud to be able to have an education. Malala risked her life to have hers. We are fortunate to live in a country where education is available to everyone.

March 21, 2013 at 8:53 am |
  28. Rachel

Even though I don't enjoy going to school all the time, I know it's the key to my future.

March 21, 2013 at 9:37 am |
  29. Corbin

Education means not a lot but you have to live with it.

March 21, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  30. Jack

An education is what determines how the rest of your life will go, good or bad so I believe it is very important.

March 21, 2013 at 9:42 am |
  31. Luke

Education means to me just something I have to do not something I want to do. I'd rather just sit at home and play outside with my friends and ride dirt bikes and stuff like that.

March 21, 2013 at 9:42 am |
  32. Juan

Education means to get smarter and when we grow up well get a good job.

March 21, 2013 at 9:42 am |
  33. Jerry

I know it will be important for my future, and I have to rely on the education I have now when I grow up and is looking for a well-payed job, so I think we should all respect what we have now.

March 21, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  34. Robert

i dont know because i dont pay attention in school

March 21, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  35. Jordan

Education is something you will need throughout your life.

March 21, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  36. Emily

Education means to me learning, going to school and being smart. All the time my grandma says, "I would love to have the eduction that you have today." No, it's not fun but it will pay off in the long run.

March 21, 2013 at 9:43 am |
  37. Alexia

What education means to me is, that a teachers give you a good leaning ability that you go through from kindergarten until 12th grade in high school then if gives you a good job later on in your future.

March 21, 2013 at 9:44 am |
  38. Liz

Im glad she spoke out about a getting a good education. Getting an education means a lot not just to me but to a bunch of other people too. Education is about growing up and learning, not just about seeing your friends. The more education you get the greater you'll be.

March 21, 2013 at 9:44 am |
  39. Chase

Education does not mean a ton to me. I would rather play Call Of Duty most of my time, and make youtube videos.

March 21, 2013 at 9:45 am |
  40. Garrett

Education to me, is learning, knowing what you'll do. It is helping you in the years of your life, technics, results, work. It's the job in your childhood and teenage years to know what can be best for you, So you'll know how to do something when you get to that time. But not ALL of education is to help you.
    History: It's just to be aware of what's happened or is going on.
    P.E.: that's going to help, but not really everything in P.E. will.

March 21, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  41. Brooke

education means the world to me. like if you dont get a education then how are you going to drive. driving has math and language in it. and what about your life when your 20 what are you going to do play video games which you education for. that why i need education i want to be a lawyer and you need A LOT of educan for that. even know i dont like geting up for education, i still love it.

March 21, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  42. trey

I think school is a privalige whithoiut i couldn't read or wright. School is awsome!

March 21, 2013 at 9:48 am |
  43. JOE

Education is very important to myselfif i did not have it i would have no future.

March 21, 2013 at 9:48 am |
  44. trey

My bad write

March 21, 2013 at 9:49 am |
  45. Abigail

Education means a lot to me. I enjoy learning because knowledge is the bomb.

March 21, 2013 at 9:49 am |
  46. trey

I love school it is awesome. Social studies is my favorite subject

March 21, 2013 at 9:51 am |
  47. julio

what education means to me is learning new stuff that will help in your future life.

March 21, 2013 at 9:52 am |
  48. jenna

i know education is good for you but sometimes it just gets boaring i would rather spend time with friends at school

March 21, 2013 at 9:52 am |
  49. george

I think school is important because without school people wouldnt be able to function in the modern day.

March 21, 2013 at 9:53 am |
  50. Jacelyn

Education means people are taking time to teach you. it means people actually care and want you to have a good future.

March 21, 2013 at 9:53 am |
  51. Charlie

Education is extremely important in my life becasuse knowledge is power. No matter what happens, no one can take your knowledge away from you.

March 21, 2013 at 9:53 am |
  52. Noah

I think an education is great. Things we use in school can be used in real life.

March 21, 2013 at 9:54 am |
  53. Anthony

Well.... My education is a superior priority if I did not have an education it would be a bad thing.

March 21, 2013 at 9:54 am |
  54. kayla

education is very important to me if i get that tooken away i will fight for my education

March 21, 2013 at 9:54 am |
  55. pacey

An opertunity for an american to get an education. suceed in life and hopfully get a good job when they grow up.

March 21, 2013 at 9:54 am |
  56. Casey

I think school is important because you learn things that you will need in the future.

March 21, 2013 at 9:57 am |
  57. Josh

After readin about this pakistan girl it just might make ya think that we as Americans might take an advantage to having the right to got to school, cause of all of the drop outs but Malala don't have the right to go to school. it says she is risking her life to get an education. and i cant say that I would do the same if I was her.

March 21, 2013 at 9:58 am |
  58. Josh

.........and i do think it's very unfortunate that she has to risk her life to get an education.

March 21, 2013 at 9:59 am |
  59. Robi

its a priority because, i want to grow up and have a good job, if that means risking my life, I would do it to become sucsess full in my career and in the life of living in this world.

March 21, 2013 at 10:00 am |
  60. Britany

To me an education means more than being taught by teachers in a school, it's a life lesson that everyone must learn. If you don't get an education or aren't taught properly you may be set up for failure in the future. Not receiving an education is like not learning how to tie a shoe, if you're never taught it can cause problems.

March 21, 2013 at 10:00 am |
  61. Sean

An education ranges anywhere from the escalator to adulthood to the nuisance of ones lifetime. Depending on where you want to go in life determines what you think of an education, which in-turn determines your outcome; whether it is positive or not, you have a lifetime to shape it.

March 21, 2013 at 10:00 am |
  62. Lindsey

I think school is a priority to me because you go through school so you can get a better education and have a better future. Also some students don't get to go to school.

March 21, 2013 at 10:01 am |
  63. Matt

if you dont have an education you wont amount to as much. The more educated population you have the better off you are. An education to means everything. I beleive in anyone who wants to better herself.

March 21, 2013 at 10:04 am |
  64. Maddie

Even though I don't always like what I'm learning, I think education is important. If we don't know things, how is it going to effect society? The answer: there will be a bunch of dumb people doing stupid things, and society as we know it will collapse. Everyone deserves the right to education, even girls. I support you, Malala!

March 21, 2013 at 10:08 am |
  65. Priscilla

Education is important. I know this, and want to take full advantage of it as I know God wants me to. Unfortunately, laziness and my ability to suddenly be distracted every time I'm a bit bored in school, hinders me from doing the best I could be. I should be more responsible, and listen when God is pricking my heart to get me to pay attention to what I should be doing.

March 21, 2013 at 10:47 am |
  66. Aaron

Getting education means to me that without it yoiu wouldn't know as much, epecially when you're in a business meeting. Plus with little education, no high school diploma, or no college degree you'd get paid less than what you would want.

March 21, 2013 at 10:49 am |
  67. Cameron

i know i need schooling, because if i want to get my dream job (Digital Artist for video games) i'm gonna need a lot of math.

March 21, 2013 at 10:56 am |
  68. Aaron

Getting education means to me that without it you wouldn't know as much, epecially when you're in a business meeting. Plus with little education, no high school diploma, or no college degree you'd get paid less than what you would want.

March 21, 2013 at 11:04 am |
  69. Nathaniel

Even if I didn't have to do school and get an education, I still would. The only way to get on in the world is to have a love of learning.

March 21, 2013 at 11:06 am |
  70. Abigail

Getting an education is very important and should be important to everyone because getting educated means having a good future and everyone deserves a good future right?

March 21, 2013 at 11:09 am |
  71. Haleigh

I believe that getting an education will change your life for ever, for the better.

March 21, 2013 at 11:11 am |
  72. Shannon

Education should obviously be a priority in life. I plan to be successful and that usually doesn't happen without culture and wisdom.

March 21, 2013 at 11:13 am |
  73. michael

A good education that will git you a good job that pays good money

March 21, 2013 at 11:15 am |
  74. Shi'quan

To me education means,better job, better money, and also a better life.

March 21, 2013 at 11:15 am |
  75. Brandi

To me an education means a lot. Yes, school is hard and boring but its the only thing that can get a good job nowadays.

March 21, 2013 at 11:16 am |
  76. Angelica

Education should not have to cost you your life. Education is an important part of life. Malala, like many people, was just looking for an opportunity to a better life.

March 21, 2013 at 11:22 am |
  77. Ayanna

I think education is a priority in your life because some people need education to get through life. In this situation Malala Yousafzai might not think they would should have that priority.

March 21, 2013 at 11:23 am |
  78. Maddi

Getting an education means the world to me. It makes me think... You know what i just might be able to do something with my life. It is definitly a priority in my life, with my mom being a teacher I want to show her what a good daughter she has. Dont get abset with school be happy with school because they are here for you.

March 21, 2013 at 11:24 am |
  79. Rosa

An education is something that lays down the future for us. You can either make it helpful or take it for granted. It's the matter of improvising a cause in the world to make a change in life for the better.

March 21, 2013 at 11:25 am |
  80. Rachel

Education is very important 'cause I think it can change people's lives.
    So it should to be equal for everyone.
    I'm lucky to being able to go to school, although I didn't understand the meaning when I was a kid.
    Now I'm a college student and I'm thankful for this.
    I can learn. I can think. I exist.

March 21, 2013 at 11:25 am |
  81. Jasmine

Education means a lot to me. In order to forgo my dream of becoming a forensic scientist I need a good education.

March 21, 2013 at 11:38 am |
  82. Robert

I think education is a great thing and we should be glad to have it because some people don't even have educations.

March 21, 2013 at 11:46 am |
  83. Melody

Education is a large part of my life, without basic education we wouldn’t know how to speak, read or write. Could you imagine not being able to express yourself through words? Or not know what to do because you couldn’t read directions? Education is the key to success.

March 21, 2013 at 11:47 am |
  84. Nick

Education is absolutely a priority. The more you work in school, the more you'll be able to work in your real-life job, which means you'll earn more money. So, working harder in your education can benefit you in the long run.

March 21, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  85. Hunter

Education is what makes us a country so yes

March 21, 2013 at 12:08 pm |
  86. Tim

An education is the one thing that no one can take away from you. Material things may come and go but knowledge is the most prized possession a person can have.

March 21, 2013 at 12:18 pm |
  87. jordan

school is a big part of my life because i play sports. when you play sports you have a 2.0 to play.i try to get higher than that so Im not just known for sports but for my brain too.

March 21, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
  88. janay

Eduacation means everything too me.I think this because you can do anything with a education. You can also succeed in life.

March 21, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
  89. Elijah

I think its important.It gets you that big bucks in the future. You to stay on your grind for the mullah.

March 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm |
  90. Marquise

Education is very important. because without and education it limits you from getting certain high paying jobs. with an education you can set your self up for greater chance at being successful. 🙂

March 21, 2013 at 12:32 pm |
  91. Alec

I am just concerned about going to school and learning what I need to learn to get a job. I do not need college or anything like that.

March 21, 2013 at 12:36 pm |
  92. Jonathan

I think education means to reach for your goals. I think this because it's important. Without an education I wouldn't have a successful job.

March 21, 2013 at 12:37 pm |
  93. augusta

What education mean's to me is I am able to succeed in life. I am able to get the job that i need. I want to be a lawyer, that means that I have to study the law, and use mathmatics, for me to be able to succed in life.

March 21, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  94. Andrew

To me education means the will to accomplish your dream. Also education will help you in your life, and will be helpful when you have children.

March 21, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  95. Nicholas

Well education means a lot to me because you need to know science and advanced computer technations skills to be a video game designer. If I don't get that job I will try my chances with being a doctor. Education also provides me with the smarts to know if I do something I will get a good perdiction about what will happen to me. If i didn't have one i will probley be a bum not knowing what I'm doing.

March 21, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  96. Ariston

Education means alot to me. I dont want to grow up being a poor, homeless man that lives on the street. I would rather grow up and g et a good education that I can use to get a decent paying job.

March 21, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
  97. Stacy

You need an education to get a job. So if you don't have an education it is a 90% chance that you will be homeless. For example if your dream is to be a doctor then you will have to go to medical school and you will need a quality education to get in that school. Then once you get to college don't drop out because you have gone so far vto where you are at than to just quit.

March 21, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  98. damaria

It mean that when I'm teacher , I need to know how to teach them and give them a good education. Plus if I was a drop out I wouldn't be able to be a teacher , beacuse I dont have a GREAT education to teach the children what they need to learn.

March 21, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  99. Chloe

To me education means learning what you need to learn because it helps you out later in life. It helps you get a job. For most jobs you need to know math or science. If you want a good job you need to go to school and get your education.

March 21, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  100. Faith

Education to me is important because its like a free ticket to an easy life the more I learn its a garantee that i will get into a good school and get a good job and make alot of money giving me the easy and great life.

March 21, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
  101. D'Eris

Education means a lot to me because with a education I can succeed and fufill my dream to be a doctor. I want to go to medical school to learn more about becoming a doctor.

March 21, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  102. jeremiah

Geting an education means that you are succeding in life. it also means that you can get a good job, for example you want to be a video game designer you will have to no about math,coumputers,science, thats what education means to me.

March 21, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  103. Devin

Education is to important to just do the motions especially with the job I want. Zoology is a very complicated job you have to be very smart and you have to know alot about animals. Also in the future many zoologists will make history but I want to do better and in order to do that I must go to school and try my very best to be noe of the best zoologists in history. School subjects that can help me do this is science and math. So if I just act out the important things in school I won't be able to fufill my dream of being one of the best zoologist.

March 21, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  104. Terrion

Education means alot to me. It can give me a college education and let me go to the NBA. I don't want to end up on the street on drugs. My #1 goal is to go to college and make the NBA. My mom would be so proud of me.

March 21, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  105. Angel

For me education is one of the most important things in my life....

March 21, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  106. Storrm

Education means everything in my life. Without my education I can't get the dream job i want. Some jobs want you to have degrees to have work there. Without education I won't get the job

March 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
  107. Storrm

Education is my priority because, i can get through life and succeed.

March 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
  108. Amber

School is a priority to me. School is a priority because if i ever want to be successful then i have to go school, even preschool is very important to me. For example i want to be a chef when i am older, i must have the skill of reading to be a chef. you get the reading skill when you first go to kindergarten and 1st grade. another reason is i have to have math in order to know all of the measurements like fractions. one more reason is that if you skip kindergarten, preschool, and first grade you will have a very hard time fitting in with the class. one example is, my 4th grade teacher's uncle didn't know how to read so she had to write out all of his things.

March 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
  109. Somtoo

Education means a lot to me. First, education is the only way I could get a job. When I grow up, I want to be a doctor and an inventor. To be a doctor, I must know science, arithmatic, writing, reading, english, and social studies. To be an inventor, I must know the exact same subjects. A doctor and an inventor are high educated pofessions and it needs a lot of persaverance. Persaverance comes with education.

March 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
  110. Claudia

Education to me is a oppotuity to further your knowledge. It helps you get a better jobs in life.

March 21, 2013 at 1:14 pm |
  111. jared

to me an education is a better opportunity in life to get farther and do better. if you have an education you could have a better job and you could get paid more.

March 21, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
  112. Natalie

Education can open doors into the real world, get you into a better place, get a job where you get paid better.

March 21, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
  113. Joshua

Getting and education means getting a great opportunity that other countries around the world don’t have. School should be a priority in our lives but I think everyone just goes through the motions because we’ve never been deprived from a normal life.

March 21, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
  114. Breasiah

Education means alot to me because i wont to finish school and have a bright future and become the best doctor you could have!!!!!!

March 21, 2013 at 1:21 pm |
  115. austin

An education means to me, is that its a way to college, to be succesful in life. The right path.

March 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  116. Alexus

Education is very important to me.I will be the first grandchild to graduate highschool in my family.

March 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  117. Draden

An education means a lot of hard work but, it all pays off in the end. An education is a priority to me because with one you have a better chance of getting a good job.

March 21, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  118. Sean

I want to graduate high school and then go to a college thats got a real good automotive program. Its a priority in my life so can get a degree in automotive and get a good job to support my family.

March 21, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
  119. Erika

What an education means to me is a great opportunity to go to college and fulfill my goals and dreams. It is a major priority to me so I can have my dream career in life.

March 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  120. clay

To me, education is an opportunity and a priveledge. we take all these things like phones for granite, but we don't know what it is like to be in a war stricken country.

March 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  121. Bobbie

I think the meaning of education is a great opportunity to explore the real world with a great paying job.

March 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  122. Colt

Hey, getting a Education mean every thing to me because I see as this as a one shot deal. People take pride in your Education.

March 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  123. Pertisha

Education to me means you go to school and get your degrees. I focus on my education because I want to be something in life.

March 21, 2013 at 1:25 pm |
  124. breyona

Education is important to beacause, I want to be a criminal lawyer when im older. When it comes to education it comes first before anything else in my life.

March 21, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  125. Cole

I think that everyone should be able to go to school. For me, going to school is to help me further my education and help plan out my career.

March 21, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
  126. Briana

Education means a better life for you.

March 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
  127. Michael

To me an education is most paramount in my life. The more educated I am the more opportunities I will have to succeed and get a good job, also the more educated I am the more independently I can live.

March 21, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
  128. sara

i think it means tha you will have more chances to do what you want.

March 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm |
  129. Tom

Realy i'm just going through the motions. I mean it means something to me, but it' s definitaly not my whole life. Now if I was in Pakistan and I wanted to learn to read and write, then ya it would mean alot to me.

March 21, 2013 at 1:36 pm |
  130. gabby

learning is very important to me because i get to learn more and you get to go to college

March 21, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
  131. arious

Aedcation means to me is a chance to do something good for your self make life easy in money wise. when high school comes you can do something in college and take up something you like doing.

March 21, 2013 at 1:41 pm |
  132. Logan

I'm taking my grades seriosely people that are just going through the motions need to get there ducks in a row and straighten up because if you don't get a education you can't get a good job.

March 21, 2013 at 1:42 pm |
  133. Mari

I think that education is a top priority in my life (even though it can be a bother sometimes). I want to make achievments in life like getting a degree, scholarship, or bachelor. That is why i try my best in school because it can effect my future. Even though i might not get the grades i want, I still want to do great in education.

March 21, 2013 at 1:42 pm |
  134. Tracey

For me getting an education mean a great part of my life because I want to have a good carrier in the future. education is a priority in my life becaue im going to use it wisely and learn as much as i can to have a good carrier.

March 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm |
  135. Lexi

What education means to me is that it is very importent in my life because my mom alweys tells us that we need to make good grades because it all counts toruds my education. My mom wants me to get a full ride seholorship. She says if I make a full ride seholorship that she will buy me a brand new car.

March 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm |
  136. Bridgette

I can't imagine being apathetic toward my education. Knowledge isn't just something required to pass tests. It's obvious that the skills and information I'm taught will be applicable and vital to a worthwhile life outside of school. And what a sad life it would be without the things I've learned to love in my education. It's cheesy, but it's a sincere sentiment.

March 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm |
  137. george

To me education leads to a good future. if you don't do good in school you probably won't have a good career and may live in poverty.

March 21, 2013 at 1:43 pm |
  138. leslie

what education means to me is to have a scholorship and to have a better life to have
    a scholorship and to get a good job. Also to go to collage. Thats what education means to me.

March 21, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  139. ray

It is a big deal in my life because if i don't get A's I can't do sports and I want to go to college on a scholarship but you need good grades to get into college.

March 21, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  140. jaden

i think education means another chance because you dont see hobos get another chance and most of them dont have education

March 21, 2013 at 1:45 pm |
  141. STEWIE

learning is very important to me becuase if you drop out of school ( high school) you dont get to go to college and if you dont go to high school and college you dont get a job and you dont get a house to live in. So do not drop out of school.

March 21, 2013 at 1:45 pm |
  142. Ally

My education means everything to me. An education comes before anything.

March 21, 2013 at 1:47 pm |
  143. carson

what an education to me is a privilidge not just for fun. If i get smart enough i can get a good scholarship and go to a good collegge and i could probably get a really good job also.

March 21, 2013 at 1:47 pm |
  144. medez

what education means to me is that it is very importaint. It is very important to me because if you dont get a good education you will probobly get a not so good job. If you get a good education you might get a good carreer and have a good job and you will have money to spend.

March 21, 2013 at 1:48 pm |
  145. Alec

Im homeschooled and i used to go to a public school. i didnt think of school as a priority in my life until i switched and now i learn lots from you guys and my parents. Inow value school a lot

March 21, 2013 at 2:31 pm |
  146. Nick

Students today take education for granted. Many students in the U.S. feel education is just a step in the way of getting material things and wealth while other countries are focused on education as the means to get wealth. Education today is a global competition.

March 21, 2013 at 2:33 pm |
  147. Katelyn

Education is very important to me, because when I get older, I would like to have a good job. That means I have to have a good education.

March 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
  148. Jared

It means going to college and getting a good job, education is one of the biggest priority in anybody's life.

March 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
  149. Emery

I think education is a priority. Without a good education, I wouldn't get far in life. I don't think other people realize just how important it is.

March 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
  150. alexandria

I like education is fun to me but girl have the right to go to school any were

March 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
  151. Mekenzie

education is a priority in my life because i want to have a scholar ship for school and have good grades in every class and if you dont have good education then you wont get a good job.

March 21, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
  152. Elton

A good education means to me future, a good home to live in, good family. If you don't have an education you won't get a good job and if you want to have a good job you would have to have a good education.

March 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
  153. dale

i think it means your life because with out an education you cant get a job to fend for yourself,so she is doing a great thing here.

March 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
  154. Kelsie

Education to me is very important. Just because you are a boy or a girl does no mean u cant have the right to learn. I try hard to keep my grade up because of my passion for sports, Malala did what was right

March 21, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
  155. Callie

Having education with me is a priority of life. I feel lucky that kids like me get an education. We're very lucky to have an amazing education. We should be happy to go to school. Unlike some kids I actually like going to school because it helps give me a start in life.

March 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  156. Marcia

i think that education is a priority because very few people are successful in life when they drop out of school . and when people don't drop out they are more likely to have a better life than those who don't.

March 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  157. Josephine

An education isn´t just a priority about good grades in school. Teachers and peers teach students life lessons everyday. All of your social time with those teachers helps.

March 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  158. Makenna

My education is very important to me. It has always been my main priority, because having knowledge can you get you far in the world. It is a way to get into the college of your choice. It gives you a great reputation and gives you a lot more potential.

March 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  159. gerry

My education means a lot to me and it a priority to me because I want to work with tecknoligy and work for apple.

March 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  160. Vinny

It's a priority for me, but I know it's not for everybody you should at least try to get through high school so you can qualify for at least a job.....

March 21, 2013 at 3:00 pm |
  161. Tanner

I think that Malala is a brave girl that risked her life.

March 21, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
  162. alexandria

I thing education is fun but girl should go any were

March 21, 2013 at 3:01 pm |
  163. C.J.

I think education is helpful for collage or work whenyour older. Yes i think it is a priority to get you in higher in life.

March 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
  164. Caleb

I think education is a priority because, it effects how your whole life will be like.

March 21, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
  165. gabrielle

a education is a priority becouse it will lead me to a bet job and a better job mean more money to suport my family and my family will be every thing to my. so it it is a priority.

March 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  166. isaiah

Education is a priority for me because, if you don't get a good education you wont a good job

March 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  167. Jeffrey

It means something to me because what we learn now we are going to have to use in the future so we need to pay attention to learning while we can.

March 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  168. gabrielle

March 21, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
  169. Rebecca

It is important to everyone to have a good education because it will effect them for the rest of there lives.

March 21, 2013 at 3:08 pm |
  170. Dillon

my education is everything to me, because my bream is to play in the MLB and you need to go to collage, and i need good grades to get into collage...

March 21, 2013 at 3:10 pm |
  171. Kaitlyn

I do love school. But sometimes it gets to be a little boring. But I know that it will help me in my future. I think Malala was very brave to do that for her education.

March 21, 2013 at 3:21 pm |
  172. elijah

what I think of education is people who would like to learn and to make friends.

March 21, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
  173. casey

My education is important it will get me through highschool and colleger my my worth ethic that my dad taught me will get me farther in life

March 21, 2013 at 3:24 pm |
  174. Adin

Education is very important. Your whole life after college depends on your education.... TAKE IT SERIOUS!

March 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
  175. Harlee

It means a lot because I want to be a vet. If you want to be a vet you need to go through a lot school and college

March 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
  176. Cullen

I think that education is a priority if you want to get a good job and have spending money.

March 21, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
  177. Liza

My education means so much to me. I would definitely say my education is my priority. I would never give up my education, Especially my musical education.

March 21, 2013 at 3:26 pm |
  178. Austin

If we did'nt have it we would be trying to build a house out of two small rocks and twigs.

March 21, 2013 at 3:28 pm |
  179. Kaitlyn

I love my teacher Mrs. Mackie. So I like seeing her everyday!

March 21, 2013 at 3:31 pm |
  180. Erin

I think that education is an important thing if you want to be a successful adult and have a nice job when you get older

March 21, 2013 at 3:33 pm |
  181. alex

education to means is my life, without it i cant live my life happily

March 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
  182. Hayden

I think that learning is a good thing for you to do because you can get a good life and job from that and you can get to go to a good collage.

March 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
  183. Nathan

education is a big thing in my life were lucky that we get the choice of an education

March 21, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
  184. kwaliyah

its a priority in life becuase it helps you when you go to a store and it gives yo much more chance to go to college

March 21, 2013 at 3:36 pm |
  185. Dylan

For me i'm just going through the motions. I could really care less about school. yah you need a education to get most jobs but what i look forward going to school for is seeing my friends and lunch. Yummmmm!

March 21, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
  186. brooke

what education means to me is learning many things and being able to get a good job. Its a priority in my life because I want a good job and get good grades.

March 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm |
  187. cody

Education would help create better jobs that pay more. The government would get more money and we would be able to get out of debt.

March 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm |
  188. Jaylen

A education means a lot to me because I want to go to a good college. I think that it is so sad that some don't even get a education. And in america your forced to go to school.

March 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm |
  189. Jimmy

getting an education is big for my whole family because my family has the best education. I need an education because I want to be a doctor.

March 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
  190. morgan

education is important to me. without it we would not know what we need to know

March 21, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
  191. Josh

It is important to me because I want to get a job a job when I grow up and be successful. If you want to buy what you want when you grow up you need to get an education.

March 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm |
  192. Olivia

I feel education is away you learn your mistakes and change them, you can show how smart you are. Education is a priority in my life, its how I can get a job. Whats the point of going to school if you don't even try to learn? Most of people can't even go to school!

March 21, 2013 at 3:40 pm |
  193. Holden

Education is very important! You need an education to succeed in life and get a good job! School has always been important to me because I want to get a scholarship so I can get into a great college!

March 21, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
  194. Olivia

I feel education is away you learn your mistakes and learn how to fix them, you can show how smart you are. Education is a priority in my life, its how I can get a job. Whats the point of going to school if you don't even try to learn? Most of people can't even go to school!

March 21, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
  195. Amanda

Education is a big part of my life. Education is important because i want to have a great education for a good job that makes good money and I enjoy it also. I want a healthy family so we can have a roof over our heads and food on our table.

March 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
  196. Kevin

Getting a education is good it means alot to me. Yes it is a very important priority in my life if you dont get a good education you dont get a good job.

March 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
  197. Kristin

I think education is really important because then you will do great in life and get into a great collage!

March 21, 2013 at 3:42 pm |
  198. Noah

It means most of my life. I spend hours at school, and I know its all going to help me later in life. Its a priority because with out it, I would be living on the streets. I don't believe that school should be in the motions.

March 21, 2013 at 3:43 pm |
  199. chelsi

what education means to me is that your education is very important.An education helps you through your childhood to what you want to be.It can help you know your knowledge for a job when you grow up.Education can teach you how to do stuff like science or math and other subjects.Its possible for you to get a scholarship for something you love to do, but first you need an education first. Thats why i think education is very important.

March 21, 2013 at 3:44 pm |
  200. robert

to me an education is important, because alot of well-paying jobs require you to have a college or highschool diploma. I think that schools can at least make lectures more built on student intrests instead of focused on expecting students to remember all the information the professor says.

March 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
  201. Joi

Education is and should be important to students, because good education means good jobs, and after all, we are the future of America, and it's economy.

March 21, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
  202. alex

education to me is my life without it i cant live happily

March 21, 2013 at 3:46 pm |
  203. Abita

well i'm home schooled so i have really the choice how seriously i want to take my education. After learning and hearing about how some kids don't get a very good or any education. i took it to heart and now my grade are better than ever!!

March 21, 2013 at 4:06 pm |
  204. Ethan

Education is a big priority in my life, I plan to be a scientist when I grow up and that means I'd better get good grades

March 21, 2013 at 4:11 pm |
  205. zach

i think education is the most important because withought education youcant reallyget anywhere inlife soooo inorder to get somewhere you have tohave a high school deploma

March 21, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
  206. bobby

it is important because how will you make your money in the future..? also some times i feel like not going but i also think about my grades an my responsibility in life. last school is just dumb.

March 21, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
  207. Erica

Education means many things to me. Such as getting a good job. It's also good to learn new things. If we don't know a single thing, there would be a lot of confusions like reading and writing.

March 21, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
  208. kyle

Getting an education should be important to every one. It is certianly important to me because i want to be able to get a good job when i'm older, but i treat it like i'm just going through the motions taking in how I hate having to get up in the morning.

March 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
  209. Dean

The first thing that strikes me about education is knowledge gain. Education gives us knowledge of the world around us.

March 21, 2013 at 4:31 pm |
  210. Ahliya

Education means a lot to me because if i don't have education then i wont have a good job to support myself or my family in the future, i sure don't want to work at a fast-food place for the rest of my life. I want to be able to do the best i can.

March 21, 2013 at 4:32 pm |
  211. casiana

What education means to me is the right to chose. Education might not have any cash value, but you gain knowledge and fight to conjure the world. A lot of people around the world don't get the right and the privledge to gain important information to help themselves and others around them. Education is the key to opening a lot of doors to be who you want to be in life. PLEASE VALUE THIS PRIVLAGE BECAUSE A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THIS RIGHT!

March 21, 2013 at 4:42 pm |
  212. Rebecca

Education is a big part of my life. If my education was taken away becaue i am a girl, i would fight back for it like Malala did.

March 21, 2013 at 4:44 pm |
  213. Jonathan

It is something rare in developing countries and nothing to be taken for granted here in America, where everyone has educaton. If we had a private education sytem completely and had to work for our education a little bit, maybe we wouldn't waste our oppurtunity as much.

March 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  214. caleb

Education is everything without I don't now what I be doing right now

March 21, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
  215. Alyx

A good education is the frame work of our lives.When things get hard you need to work even harder to accomplish your goals. Yes, there are struggles and bumps in the road, but life is hard. A life without obstacles isn't really a life at all.

March 21, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
  216. Andrew

Sometimes I don't enjoy school, but I know that my life would be a lot different without it. Not being able to read or write would definately
    not be fun.

March 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
  217. Joanna

Education changes your life. If you go to school, you can change other people's life and yours and you also make a life difference. When you drop out of school your most likely to ask people everyday " You want french fries with that?'. Sure school's are tough on you but if you drop out because of that reason, that just means your afraid of life and that will NOT be the last drop out.

March 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
  218. Elaine

Education means a whole lot to me and it's not just about getting into my dream college, it's also about getting a good career once I hit high school to help out in my family. Also, I actaully am lucky to be able to get an education because, like Malala, there are some countries out there where I wouldn't have the privelege to go to school.

March 21, 2013 at 5:40 pm |
  219. Emily

Education means a lot to me. I do my best in school and work hard at everything I do. I hope to get a scholarship and go to college someday so I can work to be what I want to be. Other kids, not just women, but everyone, should have the same chance I do.

March 21, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
  220. Jayden

Education is something that we all need to recognize as a gift, and we need to treat it like one.

March 21, 2013 at 5:59 pm |
  221. Cori

I think that education is important because it can get us really far in life and get us jobs. Even though we probably don't look forward to it today, it will pay off. Just wait.

March 21, 2013 at 6:06 pm |
  222. Sue

In Korea, 'education' means 'absolute indispensable'. Parents send their children countless academies as they could afford, students study all day 24 hours just to enter good universities and get a good job, 'doctor'. Most students in Korea don't know what they really want to do, they just follow their parents lead and study like hell. While most students in U.S., England and other advanced countries, are free and do what they want to do during schooling, most students in Korea feel pressed and stressed due to studies. I, indeed, am one of those students in Korea. Though I don't think my parents send me a lot of academies, I strongly confirmed that our education system must be changed.

March 21, 2013 at 6:13 pm |
  223. Bree,Greene

Education means a lot to me because,my teacher Mr.crane showed me the importants in my education and why I should honor it.Not many people have like I have.Another reason why education mean so much to me,because I want to end up in the white house ,working for the president,I'll be making that big money and for the good food they always have.So that mean if I honor my education you sould to.It make's life easier.

March 21, 2013 at 6:25 pm |
    • Kalley

I agree,But I don't see myself in the White house anytime soon.

March 21, 2013 at 6:39 pm |
  224. kenneth

What an education means to me is like, learning something new every day you come to school. Everyone is suppose to learn something new everyday,either if its about themselves or people in general.

March 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm |
  225. Gage

Education for me means hanging out with friends, preparing for life after school. Other people think school is broing but, when it has it's momments it can be fun.

March 21, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
  226. Bob

If you don`t want to live in a cardboard box, then eduction should be a priority.

March 21, 2013 at 6:39 pm |
  227. Andy

Education is very important to me, it's just that I'm sad that public schools don't satisfy that my needs. My parents came from China and made me recite the 12 x 12 times table every day or else I didn't get to eat dinner. I've been doing Algebra since 3rd grade and Geometry since 5th. Honestly, America's education sucks but it is better than nothing.

March 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
  228. Arecelia

Education means everything to me. Its apart of me. My teachers work so hard to educate me and i thank them for that. Some kids aren't fortunate enough to have an education like I do, and I am very thankful to have one.

March 21, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
  229. Zachary

Education means to me a lot. It will consider what I do in my life in the future. Where I live, what I do, where I eat, and how I live. Education means everything to me it is a priority to me and should be for everyone else in the world. People in Africa wish they could go to school, but people at my school think it is a waist of time and just want to play video games. I want to be an architect when I grow up and I need to know a lot of math like geometry. I want to go to college and do my dream, but I can't get their without school.

March 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm |
  230. Lauren

Education really means a lot to me mostly because it helps you to get where you want to be in life with a good job and something you enjoy doing.

March 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm |
  231. Rachel

My education is my life. The opportunity to learn opens many paths to life, and which path I take depends on what I choose, but with the more variaty and the better education I receive, I will probably choose the path that will lead me to success. Yes school my be frustrating, but without it. it is difficult to be very successful and be able to be highly respected in the world. Overall I would do the same as Malala becuase education will give the opportunity to be anything I want to be.

March 21, 2013 at 9:15 pm |
  232. Nicole

Education is a priority in life. And I take it seriously, maybe sometimes a little too seriously. And sure sometimes I just don't want to go to school, but who doesn't feel like that?

March 22, 2013 at 6:35 am |
  233. Christine

My education means my future to me because if I don't get an education now when will I ever get another chance

March 22, 2013 at 6:45 am |
  234. Lacy

Education means more opportunity for me.I can't be a cop without education!

March 22, 2013 at 9:17 am |
  235. Taylor

Even if I don't enjoy going to school, it is a priority to me and my family. It will defiantly help me a lot in the future!

March 22, 2013 at 9:41 am |
  236. Andrew

Most things i am learning now will not help me in life, as some of my teachers have even said. I am only legally obligated to be at school. But when i go to a school or college (or academy) that will specialize in my career, i will have fun learning.

March 22, 2013 at 10:33 am |
  237. Shiv

Having an education to me means a lot because not everyone in the world is able to get one. To me it is what will help me in the future to get a good job, and be able to offord a living to keep my family and me alive. This makes it the no. 1 priority in my life.

March 22, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
  238. Haley

School is very important! It can help you get a great education and even helps you get into a good college. Whether you get C's and D's or all A's school is still very important and can make you SMARTER!!

March 22, 2013 at 2:02 pm |
  239. Adam

Education is really important to me. I want to be a vet when I grow up, so I need to go to school. Also, if you drop out of school, you can't do anything that you might think is fun like P.E or sports.

March 22, 2013 at 6:00 pm |
  240. Brooke

i want to be a lawyer for abused animals, but i couldn't do that if i didn't have a good education! i admire Malala because she new she was doing something risky.

March 22, 2013 at 7:07 pm |
  241. Aaron

I fell as if, education is one of the most important things that you can get. Education is more valuable and important than money. Education is the key to life and can basically get you anywhere. Seeing that this is a comment (I better not share a story) But, the moral of the story is, no matter how hard something is, if you try your hardest and get a good education, you can get anywhere!!

March 23, 2013 at 12:12 am |
  242. Becca

I believe that all kids in America should realize the opportunities that we have. Many kids believe that there is no point in going to school because they don't have enough money to go to college. They should realize that there are many, many people who have started with almost nothing, and risen to the top. People that they watch on TV, or listen to on their phones. People like Oprah, Alicia Keys, and Bill Gates. One thing they have in common? They didn't let their lack of money, an wealth stop them from being who they are today.

March 23, 2013 at 9:17 am |
  243. Roth

School is very important to me it is how I found out about a charity that once I'm done with school and am a doctor instead of making money I want to help other girls like myself become aware of what they can have instead of what man want us to have.

March 23, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  244. Chank

My education is a first priority ...

March 24, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
  245. Libby

Education is very important to me, while most kids may find it as a bore, I find it as a joy. I feel that kids should not only show up to to school, but also strive for success.

March 24, 2013 at 3:57 pm |
  246. McKenna

I think that education is VERY important. If you want to get a job that you enjoy going to and doing, then you need to go to school. I am a very devoted student and I enjoy going to school.

March 24, 2013 at 7:02 pm |
  247. Jiho

i currently like in south korea and education is a pretty sensitive issue here... high school students go to school at 7 am and comes back at 10 pm... and then goes to a math or english academy and studies there for another 5 hours. we need some rest sometimes

March 25, 2013 at 3:52 am |