.
March 3rd, 2013

Breaking the Gender Barrier

What is your opinion about women competing in traditionally male-dominated sports?

Please remember to include only your first name when commenting.

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Abbye

I think it is fine if women play a sport mainly for men. Danica Patrick broke the gender barrier during the Daytona 500. Many girls play football and basketball too.People assume girls are weaker and that is not always true. If people gave girls a chance in other male-dominant sports, they would be completely impressed.Society underestimates the power of young girls and women.

March 3, 2013 at 6:44 pm |
    • Johigha

I think women have unfairness when it comes to sports. Just because men are stronger and faster, doesn't mean women can't put in a little "game".

March 4, 2013 at 7:54 pm |
    • Jake

I agree with you Abbye. I think that women should be allowed to play the same sports as men and also, like you said, it has already happened. Danica Patrick raced in the Daytona 500.

March 4, 2013 at 9:00 pm |
    • Serenity

I completely agree why should men have the most advantage? It goes back when men had more rights than women we deserve a say too. But think about it if a guy wanted to do cheer or volleyball they wouldn’t hesitate why should they do that for women?

March 4, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
      • dakota

women are aloud to play sports. There are some that the couches don't like seeing the girls play. like i would not want to watch a girl get hit in the face doing mma. That is one thing that i don't like. I dont like watching my gf getting hit. we also dont hesitate for women they can do what they want when they want

March 12, 2013 at 1:36 pm |
    • Matt

I think that letting both of the male and female genders play male and female dominate sports can expand diversity throughout the entire sports industry. This may also boost a lot of people's confidence when it comes to trying out for a sport.

March 6, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
      • Ashley

I agree with Matt. This may be a good way to get more females into doing more sports that are male dominate like football.

March 13, 2013 at 6:35 am |
    • Luigi

I honestly do not think that women should play male sports. I am a wrestler, and i know someone who had to face a girl.
      Andif he beat her, he would be called a jerk. If he lost, he would be called un-manly. And you can't just put someone under pressure like that. It isn't fair.

March 7, 2013 at 6:08 pm |
    • Noah

I think that girls should be allowed to play male-dominated sports, but separately for contact sports, and possibly together for non contact sports.

March 10, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
    • Kylie

I think it is amazing that women are playing sports that are mainly male based sports. I have always wanted to play football but my school doesn't give the option of girls playing it. Girl power!

March 11, 2013 at 1:33 pm |
    • Namehvd

I think not

March 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
    • Maddie

Women and girls can do almost anything guys can, including sports like football.

March 13, 2013 at 10:27 am |
  2. Emile

It is fine, Males play most of the sports and there are only good leagues for men. Even though I am a boy I strongly in courge woman play to sports that men play.

March 3, 2013 at 7:46 pm |
  3. Emile

Women always don't get the same fairness as men. Even though I am a boy WOMEN SHOULD PLAY SPORTS.

March 3, 2013 at 7:52 pm |
    • Maddie

Thank goodness! A guy who feels that women and men are equal and no gender is better than the other. Way to go, Emile! :)

March 12, 2013 at 10:15 am |
  4. Charles

Women should have the same chances as men, especially since they might be better at certain things.

March 3, 2013 at 8:14 pm |
  5. Chandler

I don't mind if women play male-dominated sports. However, in football, most guys wouldn't feel comfortable tackling a woman to the ground. It's a lose-lose situation for the guy: if the guy opts out to tackling her, the woman might claim she is being treated unfairly and unlike the other players of the team. If the guy does tackle her, the guy would look like the bad guy for tackling a woman to the ground.

March 3, 2013 at 8:20 pm |
  6. Mallory

I say go for it. In today's world, women have the same rights as men and I see no reason why a woman playing a "man's sport" is frowned on.

March 3, 2013 at 8:26 pm |
    • Maddie

If women can vote and have the same rights as men, women can play whatever sports they want!

March 12, 2013 at 10:12 am |
    • Maddie

Women are just as good as men!

March 12, 2013 at 10:13 am |
  7. Jay

I actually think it's great that women are participating in different sports. There is no rule saying that women are forbidden from playing sports just because men usually play them.

March 3, 2013 at 8:28 pm |
    • Syed

In my opinion, Woman should be allowed but still, to a cerain extent because if they play football, they could get injured.

March 6, 2013 at 10:39 pm |
  8. Robert

I don't like the idea of women playing men's sports. I think it changes the way people see the sport.

March 3, 2013 at 8:31 pm |
  9. River

Having both genders compete in the some of the same sports isn't a good idea. Men might lose their respect for the sport and not support it anymore when they see women playing it.

March 3, 2013 at 8:34 pm |
    • Amritha

That is not true. Just some men hate change and women. It depends on the perrson. I personally think it is awesome if they try out. Go Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 7, 2013 at 9:34 pm |
  10. Cherry

I think it's great! Ever hear the saying "Anything guys can do, girls can do better"?

March 3, 2013 at 8:36 pm |
    • Mellisa

I agree with you that women should be play sports with men, but I do not agree with you that women are better than everything men do. Women are better at some areas of life, while men are better at some other areas of life and men and women can do both things at life. But, women aren't always better that men. Also, I think the saying is made by a girl, which obivously, the girl would be bias to men. Not all saying's are true, especially ones that have a bias opinion in them.

March 4, 2013 at 8:39 pm |
  11. Felicia

I believe that it should be okay for woman to play sports that were orginally for men. Who said it HAS to be men? No one. Women have their powers and it definately shows when ever we make an accomplish and it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

March 3, 2013 at 9:44 pm |
  12. Claire

Women should be able to compete. It gives them a chance to use their talents and skills to show that they can be just as good as makes, though gender shouldn't have anything to do with passion for sports. Besides, it gives women a chance to kick serious butt out there and pursue their dreams.

March 3, 2013 at 10:15 pm |
  13. Johnathan

Women should not compete in men's sports because there are sports that women can do that men cannot do.

March 3, 2013 at 11:22 pm |
    • Niki

Like what?

March 5, 2013 at 11:23 am |
    • Ali

Really? Name one.

March 10, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  14. Matthew

I think that there is nothing wrong with women playing male-dominated sports, as long as there is a separate league for women because men tend to be better at sports than women, and it might give women or the team the women are on an unfair disadvantage.

March 4, 2013 at 12:42 am |
    • Amritha

That is not true. Some women can compete equally with men and be just as good as or even better than the men. You just have to give them a chance.

March 7, 2013 at 9:35 pm |
      • Matt

We are giving the women a chance, the WNBA. Women are better at figure skating, and other non contact sports, men are usually better at more contact sports. Additionally, mens and women's bodies are designed differently. Mens have an advantage, even with weight lifting. The men hold more weight than the women, and women still participate in that sport. I wouldn't say people aren't giving women a chance.

March 11, 2013 at 1:56 pm |
  15. Suhas

I believe that women should not be involved in sports because its kinda odd and it defeats the purpose of football or hockey. There should be more leagues for women like the WNBA

March 4, 2013 at 1:54 am |
  16. Katalina

Me personally being part of an all boys wrestling teams has perks and dissadvantages. But in all the guys respect you for the effort you put out. So in all I think women should be welcomed to approach these male dominated sports. Break traditions, be accepted and continue to make history.

March 4, 2013 at 2:01 am |
  17. Ralissa

I thnk its great, it lets women be treated equally. In years past we women fought hard for equall right, so this is an opportunity to show that our work has paid off!

March 4, 2013 at 6:36 am |
  18. Kate

I think it should be fair for women to compete in men sports. They should get an opportunity to be with men, because not all women are weak.

March 4, 2013 at 6:53 am |
  19. britney

I believe that it would be a possibility to show men that women can do what men can/can't do

March 4, 2013 at 7:59 am |
  20. britney

Even though men can play football and slam dunks the women can do it as well if any coaches would let them play in an all men' team or watch them practice . These will be the women of the future that can do anything.

March 4, 2013 at 8:03 am |
  21. jared/sydney

I don't have anything against it. It doesn't make sense to exclude girls that could actually be better at a sport. Both genders should be eligible for scholarships in these sports if they are good at them.

March 4, 2013 at 8:06 am |
  22. Lashell

Women can do any thing men can do we have are rights.

March 4, 2013 at 8:08 am |
    • Anonymous

I am wiyh you Lashell

March 5, 2013 at 1:21 pm |
    • Danovan

no they don't

March 6, 2013 at 7:57 am |
  23. Sarah

Women have just as much right as men to compete in sports. There's no such thing as "male-dominated" sports. Who says women can't be just as good as men if they practice? Women need to set the example that they can do anything for younger generations.

March 4, 2013 at 8:12 am |
    • Anonymous

You show your lack of education, especially in biology. Women are not physically equal to men, particularly in sports requiring great strength and agility.

March 8, 2013 at 1:42 am |
    • vaughn

March 8, 2013 at 1:42 am |
  24. Danovan

I think that women should play in football,baseball.We all are different but women can play in male-dominated stuff

March 4, 2013 at 8:20 am |
  25. Emily

It's just a sport,but why does it have to be traditionally played by men.

March 4, 2013 at 8:20 am |
  26. Deion

Women should be able to play any sport they want to

March 4, 2013 at 8:42 am |
  27. Satan

Personally i believe it is fine for females to play a male only game because if a male can do it so can a female, for if there is no longer gender barriers then humanity can get even closer to evolving into a better future.

March 4, 2013 at 9:16 am |
  28. Bobby

Of Course it's a good idea because even if it's a male dominated sport, women should have a chance to try and show their talents that men do or even better.

March 4, 2013 at 9:18 am |
  29. Michaela

As an African-American girl I want to do things that changes the world. Women are a big part of changing the world. I love to play Football and one day hope to play in the NFL. Girls can do anything boys can do but better. I can play football better than a lot of boys in this world. I may fumble the ball but, players in the NFL do too. Women go through a lot. One of them being bringing humans into the world. We should be able to do things that guys do.

March 4, 2013 at 9:22 am |
    • robert

Comments like this one tell me all I need to know about the state of American education, especially the education of "minorities".

March 8, 2013 at 1:44 am |
    • Maddie

I agree, Michaela. Think of all the woman who changed history. Marie Antoinette, Susan B. Antony, Harriet Tubman, Amelia Earhart, Anne Frank, Sally Ride, the list goes on and on. Maybe the next woman to make history will earn through playing football with men.

March 8, 2013 at 9:51 am |
  30. Cade

I think its good that women are playing in male-dominated sports because it encourages other women to play in sports for men

March 4, 2013 at 9:22 am |
    • Olivia

I think women should be able to play male dominant sports. For all we know the women might set a world record in this sport and change history. Women should just get the chance and if they decide they don't like the sport or aren't good at it I bet they can find another sport.

March 4, 2013 at 7:44 pm |
  31. Hyeonbin

More women will get interested in sports and then man and women both can talk about same match like "hey, you saw it? it was really awesome!"

March 4, 2013 at 9:35 am |
  32. McCoy

I'd be fine with a girl on my team as long as their skill set is equal to the age level of the team.

March 4, 2013 at 9:36 am |
  33. Lacy

I say good for those women who try to get in or compete in a traditionally male-dominated sport. As for me well i play tackle football, and baseball with my brother and his friends.

March 4, 2013 at 9:37 am |
  34. sherlock

I think that if a woman wants to play in a male-dominated sport, let her! But, on the other hand, males should be allowed to play in female-dominated sports as well.

March 4, 2013 at 9:45 am |
    • Maddie

I agree, Sherlock, but I just can't picture men doing cheer leading. No offense. :)

March 8, 2013 at 9:46 am |
      • Lacy

they do it tho

March 12, 2013 at 11:26 am |

I think the gender needs to keep out of sports because that is like saying men are stronger than women but that is just there opinion.

March 4, 2013 at 9:45 am |
  36. Esha

I think that women should play the same sports as men, and I think that it should not be called a male dominated sport.

March 4, 2013 at 9:47 am |
  37. Andrew

No no nope because if they get injured they will sue the sport or the nation and it wont be fair.

March 4, 2013 at 9:50 am |
  38. Siye

I think it's cool. These days, discriminateion between male and female is getting less and less.
    people are different each other. So for someone who is talented female in male-dominated sports, It's very good.

March 4, 2013 at 9:55 am |
    • Maddie

I agree, Siye. Saying that males are better than females is like saying whites are better than blacks. Who cares about gender, race, religion, family origins, etc?! I sure don't!

March 5, 2013 at 10:24 am |
  39. Mymie

Sports shouldn't be based on gender. We are all human and here for a purpose

March 4, 2013 at 9:58 am |
    • Maddie

Everything and everyone has a purpose. Some times it's just hard to see them (especially in mosquitoes and flies).

March 5, 2013 at 10:26 am |
  40. Jacob

I think it does matter if women play in dominant male sports. Men have the strength to play football and run, get hit by 300 pound line men.

March 4, 2013 at 9:59 am |
  41. Wesley

I think it will bring more people to think that women have the same strengths as men.

March 4, 2013 at 10:00 am |
  42. Jenna

I think it will be very good for women to be treated equally and be able to play with men.

March 4, 2013 at 10:01 am |
  43. Aubrey

I think that women could do sports too its not all guys women are also talented and have skills for sports.

March 4, 2013 at 10:05 am |
  44. Anthony

I think that every female should have the same chance to join a male sport. It does not matter if your a male or a female every person should be offered the same chance to join any sport if they choose. Females should be allowed to join a male sport if they want to.

March 4, 2013 at 10:06 am |
  45. Ulises

Women are joining into many stuff now and will be later on, if they can handle it then let them.

March 4, 2013 at 10:09 am |
  46. Cori

I think that women should have rights; they need to do things

March 4, 2013 at 10:10 am |
  47. Juhyung

Male dominant sports doesn't merely refer to sports played by men. Every women and men are empowered to pursue their desires of playing any sports. This tradition of male-centered sports must change for a brighter future of freedom for all the people.

March 4, 2013 at 10:13 am |
  48. Priscilla

Please don't take this as being sexist- it's not meant to be. As the CNN Student News section is called, these are just the facts. When they're adults, the general rule is that men are built to be stronger than women. It's how God designed it to be. This is not to say that women can't be as strong, it's just that we're not built to be that way in general. It would be unfair to women to put them against a team of men in something like football. Something like tennis, or baseball, that's different. We're on a fairly level playing field there. But girls, we can't necessarily expect to win in a pro wrestling match with a dude.

March 4, 2013 at 10:22 am |
    • Gretchen

What a load of garbage. Have you ever seen a women's football team play? I have, and they'd wipe the field with a lot of guy teams! Get a life!

March 7, 2013 at 1:14 pm |
  49. Connor

Let's face it, men will always be better than women at sports. It's been that way all throughout history and I do not see that changing anytime soon. It is called a male dominated sport for a reason

March 4, 2013 at 10:23 am |
    • Emily

Its called a male dominated sport because that's what is expected. I have a stronger build than pretty much all the girls in my grade and even some boys, so there are exceptions to the 18th century mindset that men are strong, women are weaklings. If we wanted we could probably have muscle mass, but women are portrayed in media to be thin, graceful, and reliant on men, not strong and self sufficient like they should be. I don't conform like most females. I don't care about opinions.

March 7, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
  50. Oscar

i think they should be able to play male dominated sports. just because a woman wants to play a sport doesn't mean they can't because they are different. we are all equal and should be able to play any sport they want. if a girl wants to play baseball they can, if they want to play basketball they can, and if they want to race like Danica Patrick they can.

March 4, 2013 at 10:30 am |
  51. Kendall

It would be unfair to NOT let women compete in sports which were originally more for men. Just because we are different gender dosn't mean their is a difference in our drive, determination, or our ability.

March 4, 2013 at 10:33 am |
  52. Mae

In my opinion, I believe woman should be allowed to compete. It's doesn't matter whether or not your male or female.

March 4, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  53. Allison

I think that she should be able to go to that college

March 4, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  54. Madi

I think that's awesome that women can do that!

March 4, 2013 at 10:35 am |
  55. Wyatt

I think it would be okay if women were in men dominated sports. As long as the go through the same physical tests men do.

March 4, 2013 at 10:36 am |
  56. Derek

I think it is okay for woman to play in male dominated sports. If they are good enough they should be able to play, but that doesn't mean men should go easy on women.

March 4, 2013 at 10:36 am |
  57. Madison

I think it's a great thing for women to play in a male dominate sport to show them that even if your a girl you can play and be a great player

March 4, 2013 at 10:36 am |
  58. Reynaldo

I think that it's a good idea because it might get women interested in things

March 4, 2013 at 10:36 am |
  59. Eric

I think that females shouldn't be able to play male sports because males can't play female sports. So if females can play baseball and football then males should be able to play volleyball and softball.

March 4, 2013 at 10:37 am |
    • Emily

Soft ball was invented so the apparently weak girls can play baseball, volleyball is played by men too. Just saying.

March 7, 2013 at 5:14 pm |
  60. Seth

I think as long as there is no women league of that sport then women have all right to play in that league

March 4, 2013 at 10:37 am |
  61. Brittney

I think it's fair that females and males can play they same sport competing or not its a free country we could what we want as long as its not against the law.:)!

March 4, 2013 at 10:37 am |
  62. Johnny

Women should have total right to be on traditionally male-dominated sports but men should have the exact same right as well

March 4, 2013 at 10:37 am |
  63. Koby

I think it's ok but if they are not good and people are still letting them in then it's not ok

March 4, 2013 at 10:37 am |
  64. Taryn

I think that there is no problem with women competing in male dominated sports. I think that when women compete in those male dominated sports they are showing and supporting equal rights for women. Women have just as much of a reason to be in male dominated sports and males do.

March 4, 2013 at 10:38 am |
  65. Lauren

I think that it's totally fair for a girl to be in a sport originated for boys. We can play hokey, and football, and baseball. We are no different that anyone else and if you leave girls out of it, that's just sad.

March 4, 2013 at 10:38 am |
  66. Ben

I think that girls should be able to play male sports if they want. But if girls can play baseball or football, boys should be able to play volleyball or softball. Both females and males should be treated equally.

March 4, 2013 at 10:38 am |
    • Joey

Don't some guys play volleyball and/or softball? Well, the answer is yes. I know a guy who plays softball and volleyball. It isn't strictly a women's or man's sport.

March 4, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  67. Allisyn

I think it is fair unless boys get to compete in woman sports

March 4, 2013 at 10:38 am |
    • Jaimin

Most of them already do. Take softball for example...

March 6, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
  68. Anne

I think it's great. I'm not one of the women run the world people but I think it should guys that women can do the same stuff as you. Or that we can even do it better. I just think it show s people that wearer not in the 1950's anymore when this would be very bad.

March 4, 2013 at 10:39 am |
  69. Victoria

It's a great thing to see women doing thing that everyone said that they can't because they're a girl.

March 4, 2013 at 10:40 am |
  70. Grace

I think that great 'cause I think that everybody should get to do what they want to do for sports and jobs

March 4, 2013 at 10:40 am |
  71. Maddie

I think women competing in traditionally "men" sports is a great idea! You don't have to be male to like skateboarding, sports, video games, action movies, and other things that are considered "guy stuff". It's the same thing with competing in sports. Women compete in the Olympics, so why not other sports? Maybe one of these days, we'll have a female playing in the NFL.

March 4, 2013 at 10:43 am |

I think it's great women are taking a chance by competing in traditionally male-dominating sports. Women should have just the same rights as men do today. Look at Danica Patrick for example, she is showing women that you can compete in sports and you don't have to be a man to di it.

March 4, 2013 at 10:53 am |
  73. Katelyn

I think women should be able to play in any sport because everyone was created equally. Even though football, hockey, baseball, etc. are considered male sports, I think they should just be called sports and anyone can play.

March 4, 2013 at 11:10 am |
  74. Meghan

If women cant play traditionally male-dominated sports, does that mean women shouldn't be allowed to drive or serve in our military?

March 4, 2013 at 11:24 am |
  75. Carson

I think girls should be allowed to be in male sports. Everyone deserves a chance in everything if they want.

March 4, 2013 at 11:25 am |
  76. Ashlynn

My opinion on females being able to attend in traditionally male-dominated sports is a positive. Why? I say this because if females are not allowed to attend in male-dominated sports, Where are all the traditionally "female-dominated sports?" Cheerleading is a female-dominated sport and yet males attend in it. Male and female have equal rights about everything else, why not making male and females have equal rights in sports?

March 4, 2013 at 11:30 am |
  77. Jeana

My opinion on females being able to play/attend in male activities is good. Females are apart of a free country so therefore they should be able to play in male sports and activities.

March 4, 2013 at 11:32 am |
  78. Mikayla

Women should be free to play male donimated sports, just as well as men should be able to do female dominated sports. The gender you were born as is out of you're control, so you should be punished for something that's out of your reach.

March 4, 2013 at 11:33 am |
  79. Megan

I think that girls or women should be allowed to participate in male sports. I think that every person has a right to try new things. Also, some girls like to do other things than they are expected to.

March 4, 2013 at 11:34 am |
  80. Joey

I think that it completely acceptable for a female to participate in a tradtionally male dominated sport. I play soccer, and I have played againsed girls who are just as good as me. Maybe even better. I really like how women are now getting to participate in male dominated sports.

March 4, 2013 at 11:34 am |
  81. Craley

I feel that females should beable to atend male activities. If they really like to play the sport they should beable to play it.

March 4, 2013 at 11:34 am |
  82. Monica

I think that you should respect the rule that only men can compete in a certain sport. But if a women is really good at an all male sport then they should be allowed to. i also think that gender should't be looked at first.

March 4, 2013 at 11:35 am |
  83. Bethany

I think women should have a chance at any sport that are or arn"t male dominated.

March 4, 2013 at 11:35 am |
  84. Logan

I think if their as good as a ,male who plays in that league then I think they should be allowed to play.

March 4, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  85. Porter

I think that this shouldn't matter and people shoudn't make a big deal about it.

March 4, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  86. prameela

I think womens shouldbe able to do what ever they want. They can win or lose any competions just like guys!! They have equal rights. they are humans just like men

March 4, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  87. Robyn

I think that having women compete in mainly male sports is a good thing. It gives the young girls a role model and inspiration. Also, gender doesn't really matter; it's the persons' ability that counts.

March 4, 2013 at 11:37 am |
  88. Andy

I think women should have a chance at it. If they have the skill, why not?

March 4, 2013 at 11:40 am |
  89. Tony

I do not think it maters if girls play in men domit sports.

March 4, 2013 at 11:40 am |
  90. Ben

I think that it is acceptable for women to participate in most male dominant sports. But, for some sports such as basketball, women are generally not as tall as men, so i do not think it would work very well for them to play against each other. Although women do not have the same physical qualities as a man has, they could still play the same sport in different leagues i.e. a "mans" league or a "womens" league.

March 4, 2013 at 11:40 am |
  91. Shane

Personally, I think that it boosts womens' self esteem about themselves. Also when women accomplish great feats it gives feminist movements tremendous support in thier causes.

March 4, 2013 at 11:42 am |
  92. Tabi

I thingk women should be able to compete in activities. It wouldn't be fair if we weren't able to compete. It is fair if we all got to play.

March 4, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  93. Claire

Girls competing in sports is okay, provided they are physically able to play them. Obviously, there are some things a girl can't do that a guy can, such as strenuous physical labor. It's nothing sexist, it's just the way their bodies and minds work. So some extreme sports might be too rough for them, such as football. Tennis? Sure. Baseball? Fine. Basketball? Go for it.

March 4, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  94. shane

i think girl's should play because at the end at my game a girl was batting and gave us a home run and won

March 4, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  95. Brennen

I think that it is okay for a girl to play on a team that boys are playing on because the girl may have good skill and they won't be able to play giving them no reason to have that skill making it unfair.

March 4, 2013 at 11:45 am |
  96. jazmyn/brylee

What we think is girls should play on boys teems because they are really good at sports if they give them a chance in that sport cause you should never not trust in girls

March 4, 2013 at 11:45 am |

I believe that since women have the same rights as men they should be able to play in male dominated sports. They can be just as good and possibly better at the sports men play. They should be able to play.

March 4, 2013 at 11:46 am |
  98. Mary

It depends on what the sport is. Like football, women are not fit enough for that sport because it involves tackling. Men are stronger to tackle other players and endure the pain that they are being tackled.

March 4, 2013 at 11:47 am |
  99. luke

I do not think girls should play on boy teams cause girls mite cry and get hurt.

March 4, 2013 at 11:47 am |
  100. piper

i thank yes and no.
    yes because girl are good at it to.
    no because girls can be hert in ruseling.
    thats why i thank yes and no

March 4, 2013 at 11:49 am |
  101. Tessa

I think that a girl should be in boy sport because they are better than you think I played on boys sports and i had a goal

March 4, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  102. Imani

I think that they should be able to play because if a girl is good and likes it, they should be able to play the sport they want to.

March 4, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  103. Jeanetta

I think that girl's being on boy's team's it is good because you'll never know if the girl's are really good at that sport like basketball, baseball, tennis, golf and so on. That's my reason why I think girl's could be on a boy team.

March 4, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  104. Katherine

I Think that it grate because back then they were not aloud do any thing . girls can do any thing just like boys, so boy back off girls can do any thing that they put there mind to just like boys. and the sports and the army can prof it .

March 4, 2013 at 11:57 am |
  105. Francisco

It would be funny to see a women be the next Larry Fitzgerald

March 4, 2013 at 11:58 am |
  106. brandon

Yes i think that women should play men sports because i'v seen women play men sports before

March 4, 2013 at 11:59 am |
  107. Jose

I don't care if women compete it's like men competing.

March 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm |
  108. Daquan

It's a great thing that women would like to complete in men sports but if they get hurt "man up".

March 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  109. devin

I thank boys should only play boy sports

March 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
    • Daquan

I disagree with that because some people said that
      tennis is a girl sport and I see many men play that
      So everbody the same if they want to play it they play it

March 5, 2013 at 12:04 pm |
  110. Talia

I think its great. Women did fight for their rights and they got them. They didn't fight for nothing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Women competing in sports. Blue isn't just a man color and pink isn't just a girl color. So sports aren't just for guys and Brushes aren't just for women. Sometimes rules are meant to be broken but this is no rule.

March 4, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
  111. Ender

As long as they can handle it.

March 4, 2013 at 12:02 pm |
  112. Jazenia

I thank that they should not play with boys Because boys and girl are not like the same and all so girls and boys do not have the same strength.

March 4, 2013 at 12:03 pm |
  113. Trinity

I think it's great it gives us girls more of a chance to be who we wanna be!

March 4, 2013 at 12:11 pm |
  114. Vicky

I don't think that gender should matter, especially if a girl is better than a guy.

March 4, 2013 at 12:34 pm |
  115. Jordan

I think this will make sports more competive and will stop judgeing.

March 4, 2013 at 12:36 pm |
  116. Mady

If the girl is just as good as the guys playing in that sport or even better then i do believe she has the right to play. To say that she is not is unfair.

March 4, 2013 at 12:37 pm |
  117. Justin

I think they should not play traditional men sports. Women need to just play women sports because it just wrong for women to play men sports.

March 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm |
  118. josh

women are not as strong as us and i think the rules should stay the same

March 4, 2013 at 12:38 pm |
    • Marissa

Women are as strong as Men.We are both equal.

March 5, 2013 at 2:42 pm |
  119. Megan

I think it is acceptable depanding on how fit they are. Girls should go through the same fitness tests as guys. Sure, some guys are stronger then some girls. Yet, some girls are more fit then some guys and should be treated equally.

March 4, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
  120. Whitney

I think that women doing guy sports supports and promotes gender equality and women empowerment. Women are too degraded in this society. In movies, in sports, even in books. It's time for that to change.

March 4, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
  121. trey

I think that if women can do the samething a guy can do they shouldn't be treated unfairly. black white or asian were all the same

March 4, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
  122. Gabby

I think women should be able to participate in male sports becuase some women have the same ability to play just as good as men and could end up being a big part of the team. There should not be any discrimination just because of the gender of the people.

March 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm |
  123. Arial

I don't think I is fair I a girl wants to play a boys sport let them. If a Boy wants to play a girls sport let them.

March 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm |
  124. MaKayla

Women have every right men do. Women should be able to pursue their dreams. Therefore, I think it is fantastic that women are doing things men are doing.

March 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  125. Angela

I think women should play in sports that men play. It doesn't matter what gender people are,what does matter is that women black or white have the same rights as men do.

March 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  126. bailey

I say let women play anything they want. We are all people and they deserve the same rights as any man should ever have.

March 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  127. Whitney

I think it depends on the sport. If its golf, tennis, or basketball, I think it's great that females are playing, but idiots football, I don't think that females should play.

March 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  128. Sydney

I think it is cool that girls are trying boys sports because they are changing history.

March 4, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
  129. Sierra

I think girls should be able to play in boys sports cuz I know somebody who is a girl and loves football. But the boys don't let her play at recess.

March 4, 2013 at 12:44 pm |
  130. Keegan

I think it would be a good idea because there would be more people who play sports.

March 4, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  131. matthew

I like it it's cool some kids look up to women because of their mom so to have a woman in say the NFL would be really cool but i know that womens body and mental states are not the same as ours so their would have to be alterations to the rules

March 4, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  132. Tyler

Women should be in male sports anyways. Men should let women play male sports .There should be a rule where women can play male sports.

March 4, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  133. Dezi

Yeah go them whoop whoop!!! it shouldent mater what sport we play.

March 4, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
  134. monica

Yes, Its ok for woman to play a traditional sport.

March 4, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  135. avery

I think that women could play men sports because it would be a new thing to try and not all men should do everything and not let women do the samething as them.

March 4, 2013 at 1:24 pm |
  136. Peyton

I don't think that girl should be in the combine because some kickers can get hit really hard.

March 4, 2013 at 1:25 pm |
  137. Lexi

I think it is cool being on a boys team and acomplishing it that is way cool because we can say that there was a girls that played with boys. Some of them got a scolership on baseball and she had to work realy hard to get that.

March 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  138. Colter

i think that girls do have the same rights that we do so i think that girls can play the sports we play.

March 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  139. Blaze

I think girls should be able to do what ever they want to do. But if they start it i think they should finish that year out. Because you never know whats gunna happen.

March 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  140. medez

I think that girls should be able to

March 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  141. Catherine

I think that women should have the right to do any sport that they want without any say about it even if it is a usually known sport only for men. Women have protested and got the right to women rights, why should this change anything only because of a game that would be played just as fairlly as it would if men played it. In my eyes I think women and men are complete equells and I dont think that any sport should change that.

March 4, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
  142. gabby

i think it is cool to be in boy games and you just got to belive that you can do it and acheve you just have to have the cofedens and do not listen to the poeple who do not belive in you.

March 4, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
  143. Alice

I think that women should not be "underestimated," or in other words, be treated the exact same way as males. I think it is pretty amazing that all of those girls did all of those things, like pitching in baseball, golfing, dunking a basketball goal, and many others. Doing any if not all of those things really is amazing. Especially to be the first at it. I think that people should not be surprised what women can do, just as good (if not better) as boys.

March 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
  144. ray

I think girls cant play rough sports like hockey or football.

March 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
    • brittny

And your right no girly girl can play a rough sports I'm not a girly girl and I don't want to play a sport like that. I would like to play a nice sport like cheerleading or something like that

March 5, 2013 at 3:25 pm |

I think that woman have the right as mens do

March 4, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
  146. ally

i think that its good that these women are brave and right to stand up for themselvrs!!!!!!

March 4, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
  147. Nikki

In my opinion of women breaking the gender barrier is that it's a amazing thing to do because girls can do as much as boys do. Us girls can do somethings better than the boys, The boys think us girls are just ponys,rainbows,and pretty dresses thats true but it doesnt mean we cant do thing they do.

March 4, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
  148. Missy

I think that girls should be able to participate in traditional male sports. The reason I think this is because there is not one sport that I can think of that only girls do. I think that people need to stop judging people who are different than them.

March 4, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
  149. Griffin

I don't see why some sports are male dominated at all. Even as a boy, it seems to me that all sports should have both genders participating. It's crazy that some people think boys are better then girls in anything, when really, they are equal.

March 4, 2013 at 1:50 pm |
  150. Zach

It's only fair if girls should have the freedom to play the sport they want to.

March 4, 2013 at 1:52 pm |
  151. Liam

I don't mind it other than the players of the sport may see them as a problem such as in football not wanting to hurt the women when talking them.

March 4, 2013 at 1:52 pm |
  152. Hunter

I think it's pretty cool that women are doing that.

March 4, 2013 at 1:52 pm |
  153. Malissa

I think that women competing in male dominating sports is fine because it doesn't matter what gender you are it just matters if your good or not.

March 4, 2013 at 1:53 pm |
  154. Ryan

I think it could be a challenge for both guys and girls because the majority of guys are probably stronger then the girl who is joining and there is fighting in sports like hockey, or football so they would have to be really careful before they decide to punch someone because that someone could be a girl.

March 4, 2013 at 1:53 pm |
  155. Billy

I think that women should be able to participate in sports

March 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm |
  156. Jacob

I think it does matter if women play in dominant male sports.Because a lot of girls don't like to play sports they just like to sit around and talk to their girl friends.

March 4, 2013 at 1:55 pm |
  157. Jadonte

Females can play sports if they are good at it.

March 4, 2013 at 2:01 pm |
  158. Cora'

Women competing in traditionally male sports, I think thats very unique and rise for Females in 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 4, 2013 at 2:05 pm |
  159. Jonathan

I think that women should be in sports because it just be males. Females and males can play sports together. It should be a fair rule.

March 4, 2013 at 2:10 pm |
  160. Marquise

I think it's great because it shows people that anything is possible even if your a female.

March 4, 2013 at 2:11 pm |
  161. janay

I think that female should be able too participate in any. activity they want too i don,t think that female should be judged

March 4, 2013 at 2:13 pm |
  162. domonique

I think it should be fine. some women like to play male sports. Me personaly i play football so i agree with women playing male sports.

March 4, 2013 at 2:14 pm |
  163. Marquise

I think it's great she tried out, because it gives other females the courage to try a sport that's male dominated.

March 4, 2013 at 2:14 pm |
  164. janay

I think that female should be able too participate in any. activity they want too i don,t think that female shouldn,t be judged .I beleive that females is strong too

March 4, 2013 at 2:15 pm |
  165. Kayley

I think it is fine that women play in male sports. Girls have the right to experience the same sports boys can experience. Boys often think girls do not play as good as boys, but as proven on the show, that is not true. Girls should also have the sa,e rights and oppurtunities as boys.

March 4, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
  166. Aleaisa

I think that it is a good idea that women play the same sports as men. Girls should have the same rights as men. Also people say boys can do some things better than girls. But that is wrong, so women need to show their ability.

March 4, 2013 at 2:24 pm |
  167. devin

I think that it would be a good idea because its not unfair to the girls now

March 4, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
  168. Devin

I think it is bad because it wouldn't be fair to the women because men are stronger and faster. Women should create their own leagues.

March 4, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
  169. shane

I think it is cool to see a women beat a man sport because a women ca do as much as a man can do. also it shows that women can do as much as a man.

March 4, 2013 at 2:26 pm |

I think that awsome addtion to boys sport.

March 4, 2013 at 2:27 pm |
    • madison

I agree 100% women should be allowed to play anything they want

March 5, 2013 at 10:16 am |
  171. Dalton

i think that they should be able to petsape in the same sports as the male kind becide one. Wich is one wich is nascar because it was a male sport from 1948 until danica pactric joned. And i think it should stay the same.

March 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
  172. austin

people fought for freedom. abraham lincon ended segragation and the last thing we need is for it to come back because people should not be treated differently because of skin color.

March 4, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
  173. Jayce

I think women should be able to play sports with guys because people are people, and women can do the same thing that men can do.

March 4, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
  174. gracia

i think that it is fine for girls too play in national previously male-dominated sports because it keeps the boys from making fun of the other gender, by saying that they aren't equivalent.

March 4, 2013 at 2:33 pm |
  175. Fabiola

Why can't we come up with some girl-only events that boys aren't allowed in? We don't need to try to 'be' boys & do all the things they're in – we should be more creative & celebrate the strengths of our own gender.

March 4, 2013 at 2:37 pm |
  176. Madisyn

I think breaking the gender barrier is an amazing and brave thing to do. It has t take a lot for women to not be afraid to be the outsider. By being the only girl there, every women who has ever broken the barrier has had to feel alone. I truly admire them for that and respect their bravery.

March 4, 2013 at 2:38 pm |
  177. taylor

I think it is good for women to take part in male-dominated sports because it gives them a chalenge for them to see if they are faster ,stronger and better at the sport then men.

March 4, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
  178. Madisyn

I think breaking the gender barrier is an amazing and brave thing to do. It has got take a lot for women to not be afraid to be the outsider. By being the only girl there, every women who has ever broken the barrier has had to feel alone. I truly admire them for that and respect their bravery. Those women are the reason why I'm proud to call myself a women.

March 4, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
  179. kenzy

I think its time to break the rules i mean come on give women a chance

March 4, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
  180. Aaron

they have the right to do what men do, they can do whatever sport they want to do.

March 4, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
  181. Antoinette

I think that it's great for women to be able to play sports that men usually just play. I'm not one to like sports, but hey, if someone wants to play a sport they can, male or female.

March 4, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
  182. Brandon

I think that they should join men in playing men's sports because it could change how we play some sports

March 4, 2013 at 2:47 pm |
  183. Dylan

I think girls have the right to join the NFL. Everyone should have the right to do what they want. Everyone was created equal and it should stay that way.

March 4, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
  184. Maija

I think it is great that women are breaking the gender barrier. If guys can do it, so can we!

March 4, 2013 at 2:49 pm |
  185. Tytianna

As a girl who likes to play floor hockey, I think that girls should compete in traditionally male dominated sports if they like. It shows that girls can be just as good at anything as guys.

March 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
  186. Joe

I think that saying women cant do certain sport just because men have been doing it for a long time is bad because even though men have been doing it for a long time dosent mean women cant kick mens butt

March 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
  187. Alec

It would be interesting to see females in men dominated sports and it would be big news.

March 4, 2013 at 2:51 pm |
  188. Brendon

i think its fine if just girls are on a team and boys on a team not mixed together.

March 4, 2013 at 2:53 pm |
  189. Diana

I think its great! Women are finally saying to themselves that they shouldn't be treated any differently for their gender.

March 4, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
  190. Elise

There should be no male or female sports; you should be able to play any sport you want, whether you're a boy or a girl. I don't think women should play against men, but alongside them is fine.

March 4, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
  191. Cheyene

II think woman being able to participate in mens sports is fantastic it shows the women can do anything men can do, all be it were most of the time shorter skinnier and as men put it 'Delicate' we can be just tough.

March 4, 2013 at 3:11 pm |
  192. Erika

I think it's perfectly fine! I gives them the ability to show off and the guys won't have as much pride to rub in women's face.

March 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm |
  193. Sarah

I am a sports fanatic, and I believe that girls are just as good as boys and should be able to compete alongside them.

March 4, 2013 at 3:31 pm |
  194. Andrew

To me it doesn't matter who plays what game/sport as long as they all ply fair and treat others with respect.

March 4, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
  195. Sally

Why even have a sport like football if only boys are allowed to play it? All sports should be open to both genders.

March 4, 2013 at 3:35 pm |
  196. Connor

Go right ahead. Honestly, there is no reason in modern America why a woman should be barred from it assuming she has the capacity to play as well as any man who would get picked. That being said, it is unlikely that women will ever be equally represented in a sport such as football due to the mere fact that men tend to be more muscular and aggressive.

March 4, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
  197. Rachel

I think Its great. Us woman don't get to do a lot of stuff. I'm still angry that I cant go to Boy's camp where they get to do sports and Rock wall climbing and canoeing. I think it would be great to do that. (I'm not saying we should be able to go to boy's camp.)

March 4, 2013 at 3:50 pm |
  198. Claire

It is a showing that women can do all the things that men can do sometimes even better. And if thwe didn't let women follow their dreams and just make them stay there and do house work just think. Where would we be in life!

March 4, 2013 at 3:55 pm |
  199. Liza

Seriously, I think that i is GREAT for women to compete in traditionally male sports. Why should females be left out? Woman are just as capable as men.

March 4, 2013 at 3:57 pm |
  200. Isaac

Girls should not be on boys team because is should be males against males not males against females. If I play against a girl I will be afraid that I will hurt her and will not play to my best ability.

March 4, 2013 at 4:07 pm |
    • Chase

Why can guys only compete against guys? Why can't you mix things up, have a bit of fun?

March 4, 2013 at 6:25 pm |
  201. Jazzy

Being a girl who participates in sports like Basketball and Tae Kwon Do {Korean Martial Arts} My Master and Coach look at me like I don't belong there whenever I do these sports but, It doesn't bother me because it is my Belief that women can play whatever sports they want.

March 4, 2013 at 4:12 pm |
  202. Reagan

I think women should be able to compete in male-dominated sports because in the past, like during the times when women weren't allowed many rights, they should get chances these days because it's unfair to the males, who seem to have more rights these days.

March 4, 2013 at 4:13 pm |
  203. Camille

I think women should play male dominant sports. Women are just as equal as men are.

March 4, 2013 at 4:20 pm |
  204. Thea

Honestly- I think it does not matter what gender you are, everyone is equil. If boys can play vollyball then girls are allowed to play football without a doubt.

March 4, 2013 at 4:30 pm |
  205. Sunny

Woman have the right to play any sport they prefer. They have the same rights as men do.

March 4, 2013 at 4:40 pm |
  206. Hunter

I think its a good idea to have women in male sports because its like not letting a Asian into a school based on race so yes its a great idea :)

March 4, 2013 at 4:49 pm |
  207. bobby

i dont think women should be able to. Because if they get hit to hard or anything they could get seriously injured. There is no girl that is faster than me in the world point blank.

March 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm |

I think woman should be able to play men sports. One main reason why most people say women should not be able to play male dominated sports is because women were thought to be 'fragile', and 'delicate'. But when woman go out playing sports dominated by men, I gives them a new role considered as 'the man'.

March 4, 2013 at 4:53 pm |
  209. Caitlin

I belive that women should be able to compete in all sports that men can. It's not the 1900s anymore. Lots of people say that men careers go in one direction thats toward hard work and women should focus on housework, but thats not true. Be fair and let women do what they want besides, women can do anything men can but in heels.

March 4, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
  210. rutta

i don't have a ?. i think they should be able to play make it even .But it mite not be a good i idea to cuz some guys mite not get a long or girl bf mite be in the same team but i don't think it's a good idea..

March 4, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
  211. poly

I think women should not play with men. Because if they do and play better than us. That will just make us men look bad.

March 4, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
  212. kyle

I think it depends on what sport it is. Like if it was football like in this case I think a women would just get destroyed when she gets tackled or something. Mostly because some men would be like twice their size.

March 4, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
  213. Grace

I think women should be able to play mens sports because women are just as equel as men are so why cant we play the sports we want wether we are men or not.

March 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm |
  214. Ahliya

i think that it's a good opportunity for women to prove to men that they can do sports that men do . I think that it will give them more confidence. I think its a good thing for women to get a chance to do men sports with out getting judged.

March 4, 2013 at 4:57 pm |
  215. casiana

I think women should be able to play what ever sport they want. I think gender really doesn't matter. They let women serve in afganitstan, Iraq and all those other places in the world to risks their lives. Why shouldn't what sport they want to play be any different?

March 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
  216. Kristin

i think women should play male dominant sports because being a women doesn't mean that you can't play football,basketball, and other sports. plus it gives other girls confidence to do the same

March 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
  217. Caitlin

I think that women doing male dominant sports show equality between our two genders. Sports are fun and it's good physical activity. When us girls get put down for playing male dominate sports we just keep pushing on and we do our best to show them that they're wrong.

March 4, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
  218. Maddie

I believe that women have the same possibilities as men in this world. They should be able to do what they want.

March 4, 2013 at 5:02 pm |
  219. Morgan

I think that women need to be able to compete in these types of sports. Just because these sports are men dominated does not mean that women are in able to compete in them. Think of "women dominated" sports like gymnastics, it is a mostly women dominated sport, but in the Olympics, both men and women are able to compete . So i think that women should be able to compete in major league sports like football and basketball.

March 4, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
  220. Emmalee

I think it's great that women compete in male-dominant sports. It gives them a chance to expand their talents and abilities. Obviously some sports are meant for men only, such as wrestling. But I think that women should be encouraged to particpate in more activities they are interested in, whether that be baseball, scrapbooking, or even swimming. It shouldn't matter what their gender is.

March 4, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
  221. courtney

i think women should play sports. it shows that not only men have power women do to, maybe back in the days women weren't allowed to things like men did BUT things have changed.

March 4, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
  222. Alexis

Just because the boys are are stronger then boys, there is stilll no reason that girls shouldn't be ab;e to play sports with men.

March 4, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
  223. Gabby

I think woman playing male-dominated sports shows younger females that we do anything we put our minds to, even if people around us tell us we can't.

March 4, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
  224. Tesa

I think it's ok if girls participate in boy sports. There's nothing wrong in doing what you want to do most.

March 4, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
  225. Eva

There's too many stereotypes that women are weaker and are less superior to men. I think that women should show their worth to the world and they can do it by participating in the same activities. Both are human, so why should their be a difference?

March 4, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
  226. Makenzie

I think women should be treated the same way as men. Just because we may not be as strong as them, doesn't mean they can't play some sports.

March 4, 2013 at 5:44 pm |
  227. pedro

i think thay should let women play in mens sports cause in todays sports we might need a girl in our baseball or football teams

March 4, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
  228. Sadie

As the Declaration of Independence says, "all are created equal" therefore, all women should be able to compete in male-dominated sports. Women can do just as much as men! GO LADIES!

March 4, 2013 at 6:05 pm |
  229. Jordan

I think they should be able to join male games

March 4, 2013 at 6:49 pm |
  230. Anthony

Sure women should have the same chance as men to play the same sports...if a woman can perform just well or better than a woman should be on the team...but to be honest I wouldn`t be looking to have a woman play left tackle, just saying.

March 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
  231. Caleigh

I belive girls should always be able to play any sport they want. i know from experience some people would rather have a girl play a male dominated sport because their good at. besides girls can do anything boys can do but we can do it while wearing highheals

March 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm |
  232. Samantha

I really support the idea of letting girls participare in male dominated sports. It shows that girls can do as much, if not more than guys. I just love the idea.

March 4, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
  233. Ray

I think that if girls can compete fairly in tryouts and do better than the boys, then they should be able to play. They need to prove themselves on the same level as the boys, though.

March 4, 2013 at 7:02 pm |
  234. Evan

I think that women competing in male dominant sports is perfectly fine. If it's their choice and they want to do that then who should stop them.

March 4, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
  235. Collette

I think that women should compete in male dominated sports. It shows that women are equal too.

March 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
  236. Page

I think it's a great idea for women to participate in male dominated sports. It's an excellent way for women to branch out of society's restrictive norms. There are plenty of girls who love sports and would like to compete professionally!

March 4, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
  237. Sierra

I think women should be able to compete in male-dominated sports. If they meet the physical standards I believe any woman or man should be able to play any sport. It's not right that if a girl were to try out for a football team and they were just as good or even better at the sport than a guy that they most likely wouldn't make the team just because of their gender. Same for if a guy were to try out for a volleyball team.

March 4, 2013 at 7:36 pm |
  238. Catherine

I totally think that women should participate in male-dominated sports!!! Women are just as good as men. :)

March 4, 2013 at 7:48 pm |
  239. Camille

I think that it's fair for women to compete in male sports. Women can be as strong or even stronger than men, and women and men shouldn't be segregated by gender in sports.

March 4, 2013 at 8:33 pm |
  240. Olivia

I think women should be able to participate in male sports. At least give them a chance for all we know some of them may set records and change history. If they are not all good at the sport at least you gave them the chance to try and they can always find interest in something else.

March 4, 2013 at 8:54 pm |
  241. Zelle

While it may be true that many women are not particularly interested in the areas of "male-dominated" sports, I believe this is because women are discouraged from sports, generally being told that sports are a "man" thing, and only men "can do it and have success". Sports were created by men, sure, but that does not mean women can't participate in them. This should be focusing on a person's ability to play sports, not their gender.

March 4, 2013 at 8:55 pm |
  242. hilda

I think letting a woman play in a male sport is a good idea because men always get to do everything but what about woman! Like woman have to wait for years to do something men always do.

March 4, 2013 at 9:07 pm |
  243. Gabriel

i think women should do what they want to do ether its sports or just getting a good education.

March 4, 2013 at 9:25 pm |
  244. Stephanie

Women should be able to play sports as men can, but if in such places as the olympics, where women and men both compete but separated, I think that's the farthest gender separation should go.

March 4, 2013 at 10:24 pm |
  245. Jameson

I think that girls can but should not be on boy's sports teams, because it' a "boy's" sports team.

March 4, 2013 at 10:38 pm |
  246. Beth

Women should be allowed to compete as long as special accommodations are not made for them. If women want to play football that is fine as long as they don't mind being tackled like anyone else on the team. Don't go out to compete in a male dominated sport and then expect to be treated like a "girl"

March 4, 2013 at 10:40 pm |
  247. Leah

I think that women should have the opportunity to compete in male-dominated sports because everyone should have a chance to participate in the activities that they do best, no matter if you're a man or woman. There is the factor of safety for the woman who choose to participate in more physical sports, such as football.

March 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm |
  248. Chelsea

If I were the one organizing the team I would want the best players. I would not want to choose my players based on their gender, because what if I'm passing up a better player of the opposite gender for one who is not quite as good just to have an all boys team?

March 4, 2013 at 10:42 pm |
  249. Rose

I think that woman should be able to compete in male-dominated sports because you never know, woman could be more talented then the men she is playing with.

March 4, 2013 at 10:46 pm |
  250. Rose

think that woman should be able to compete in male-dominated sports because you never know, women could be more talented then the men she is playing with.

March 4, 2013 at 10:47 pm |
  251. Shandy

Women should be given the opportunity to play in male dominated sports only if they are on the same level as males in the sport. If they possess the same skill and they can run with the males and be just as good, why not give the the chance to play? The object of the game is to compete against the best and if some women can be considered the best, they should be allowed to compete in traditionally male-dominated sports.

March 4, 2013 at 11:35 pm |
  252. Ethan

I think it is good if a female player can play male dominate sports if she can keep up.

March 5, 2013 at 7:44 am |
  253. Rebecca

I think that although men can sometimes be rough, women have the right to play male dominant sports, even if they are more fragile. It should never matter what gender, color skin, race, religion, or any other category a person is in, as long as they fairly play the sport, i believe they should play

March 5, 2013 at 7:49 am |
  254. Veronica

More power to those women who play male-dominated sports! You GO Girls!

March 5, 2013 at 8:27 am |
  255. ANDREW

I think that it is fair for women to play mens sports. If men can play,then can to. It is not fair that only men can play men sports.

March 5, 2013 at 8:28 am |
  256. Stephanie

I think that it's fantastic when women compete in male dominated sports. It shows that all woman don't belong in "the kitchen" as most men assume. In the past I've heard many males say "she can't do that, she's a girl" but later that have been proven wrong entirely. There has always been a barrier between males and females when it comes to sports, but like they say, Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there's footprints on the moon!

March 5, 2013 at 8:30 am |
    • Carter

I think that it is not okay for girls to compete in male dominate sports, I find it very insulting that girls are coming in and taking over OUR sports.

March 5, 2013 at 8:35 am |
  257. Kylee

I think that its great that women are copeting in male dominate sports. it gives women a chance to show men there powerful and can do the things men can do.

March 5, 2013 at 8:52 am |
  258. Tristan

I think that its cool for women to do the things men can. I think women are just as strong as men

March 5, 2013 at 8:53 am |
  259. Engracia

If a woman wanted to play a traditionally male-dominated sport, I would definitely see that as okay. However, just because we are trying to promote equality doesn't mean that we should let a woman on a team. She has to meet the standards of the sport. If she can throw a ball as far and run as fast, then sure.
    This also depends on what we're talking about. Are we thinking a woman on a men's football team? I think not. Women have a slimmer and less broad body so a woman could get bowled over by a six foot man. Or are we thinking a women's football team? That's more like it!
    Women CAN do anything, though. That why we have the constitution that says, "All people are created equal..."

March 5, 2013 at 8:53 am |
  260. Grace

I think that it would be hard for a man to tackle a woman to the ground in a sport; he would be afraid to hurt her.

March 5, 2013 at 8:56 am |
  261. Bryan

I think it would be a grestt change for them to get a chance to show they are just as good as men

March 5, 2013 at 9:10 am |
  262. Nick

I see no reason for women to not play sports that used to be all-male. After all, they ca't help their gender

March 5, 2013 at 10:27 am |
  263. Koki

If women play fairly well, that would attract attention of people all over the world. Females soccer team in Japan, Nadeshiko Japan, won the championship and they are now all celebrities.

March 5, 2013 at 11:14 am |
  264. Mikayla & Sdyney

We think women can do anything and everything!Also sports shouldn't just be for men and women,aren't WE ALL CREATED EQUAL!Women should do male sports!

March 5, 2013 at 11:19 am |
  265. Dom

We have a female kicker on my football team, and my coach doesn't treat her any different. She goes through the same training as we do. I think it's fine that women play "Guy's Sports"

March 5, 2013 at 11:29 am |
  266. Renee

What's important is that they are getting exercise.

March 5, 2013 at 11:30 am |
  267. Rachel

I think it will be good for women to be treated the same and be able to play with men.

March 5, 2013 at 11:40 am |
  268. Martina

I think it's awesome that women finally get a chance to go head on with the boys! But more often than not, physically males do have the advantage. Females have to work harder to get to that same level of competition. It depends on genetics. Everybody's different. Also, to say women can play the same sports as men is too general to consider equal opportunity for both sexes. It depends on what sport we're talking about. In the case of football, a male 220 lb quarterback vs a 135 lb female quarterback – they probably will not produce the same amount of impact or force. It has to be organized play and be fair. Why do you think they have lightweight and heavyweight divisions? It's a similar concept. There are just so many factors involved. Not just sex. It's age, skills, expertise (duration of practice), competition experience, training, drive/passion/determination, etc. It's all relative in my opinion but definitely doable!! I'm all for it!

March 5, 2013 at 12:39 pm |
  269. Alec

I think that women should have already been playing male dominant sports. Some women are even better players than men. And women are great sports wether they win or lose.

March 5, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
  270. gabby

I think that women can participate in male sports there is no problem with that and especially because men think they are the best at everything they do!!!

March 5, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
  271. wilson

If women played football that would be cool, but they would get hit really bad then there would be new rules in NFL about safety issues with women playing football.i play lacrosse and there is a women league for lacrosse so there is no contact with other genders.

March 5, 2013 at 12:56 pm |
  272. Chantal

girls can play guy sports because girls are just as tough as guys and we can handle it . Sometimes its better to play with other genders because guys and girls play differently and it would be a great experience.

March 5, 2013 at 12:56 pm |
  273. christov

i think feamale are aloud to compete in and i quote the people who think that they are good thinking that could do any thing thats what weomen they want to do

March 5, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  274. Dylan

Men are just naturarly stronger and bigger, while women are generally smaller. So, I think women shouldn't play in male dominated sports.

March 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
  275. James

If women were to play contact sports with men, then the intensity and aggression would take a dive. Men would have to be more gentle and watch how they are playing.

March 5, 2013 at 1:41 pm |
  276. avorie

i think women shouldent play baseball becuase theyhave softball

March 5, 2013 at 2:41 pm |
  277. Addison

There is NO reason why women can't play male-dominated sports. All women have the rights to do that. And just a thought, for the people who think that women shouldn't play those sports, what would you say if a woman ran president? I think that would be AWESOME.

March 5, 2013 at 3:14 pm |
  278. Dawson

I think it's ok for women to play male dominated sports if its reasonable, or its ok for women to play sports with other women, but it depends on the sport. So, if girls play football with other girls its ok, but if they play football with guys, the boys might feel bad about "hitting" or might not try as hard. The main idea is: if it's a contact sport, they should play separately.

March 5, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
  279. frankie

i think woman should play male sports. i love vollyball but my school wont let me play because of my gender so i support girls playin guys sports

March 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm |
  280. Sue

Women have rights to play male dominant sports as men.

March 5, 2013 at 4:57 pm |
  281. Sarah

I think women should be allowed to play in male-dominant sports because not letting them is, in my eyes, a kind of segregation. What I'm saying is that if they were born a boy, they would be able to play. But since they were born a girl they aren't allowed to. I don't think that's fair

March 5, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
  282. Lauren

I think that women should be involved in typically male-dominated sports. Gender shouldn't determined what you can and cannot do.

March 5, 2013 at 6:20 pm |
  283. Alexandria

I think that us women should have equal rights as men no matter what the subject

March 5, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
  284. Jacob

I think it is great but only if they are not afraid to get hurt

March 5, 2013 at 7:43 pm |
  285. Harper

Girls should be just as equal as boys plain and simple. Just because you're a different gender doesn't mean that you can't play something that you really like or have a passion for.

March 5, 2013 at 7:49 pm |
  286. Sonny

I think it's fine because mostly boys or men always play sports and I will honor the woman to play sports and encourage them to try something new.

March 5, 2013 at 8:00 pm |
  287. philip

men think they are better but are equal to women. i think football should be play by men and women.

March 5, 2013 at 8:04 pm |
  288. Libby

Woman should be allowed to compete in male-domintated sports! Shoving women to the sidelines while men compete is just like discrimination of race.

March 5, 2013 at 8:12 pm |
  289. Annebelle

I think we should change our point of views on gender-dominated things! Girls should be able to try out for football and Guys should be able to tryout for volleyball and other sports!

March 5, 2013 at 8:50 pm |
  290. Maddy

I think that females competing in male dominate sports is fine. Too many people over look woman because a majority of females care more about feminine activities, but a lot of women are truly capable of playing male dominate sports just as well as the guys so I don't think those people should be stopped from playing just because of their gender.

March 5, 2013 at 9:05 pm |
  291. Madison

I thinks it's actually a very good idea. If boy and girls play alongside each oher, they might learn to respect the other gender and help them get along with others in the future.

March 5, 2013 at 9:10 pm |
  292. Gabby

Women an do anything if they put their mind to it!

March 5, 2013 at 10:23 pm |
  293. Tori

I think women should play male dominant sports so it can prove that girls can play male sports.

March 5, 2013 at 10:33 pm |
  294. Zoe

I think what women are doing today is great. Just because a sport is male dominant dose not mean that women can not play in it. If a sport is male dominant it just means that there are more men than woman in the sport. It dose not stop women from playing in it.

March 5, 2013 at 10:36 pm |
  295. Marley

I think that it is ok becase men compete in traditionally female-dominated sports such as dance.

March 5, 2013 at 11:40 pm |
  296. Ben

I think women should have the chance to play in any sport they want to. Women have struggled over centuries to get the appreciation they deserve, in anything from sports to everyday society. Everyone is "...created equal"; therefore equality should certainly be taken into account. Also, recent events of women competing in traditionally men-dominated sports, and beating men in sports shows competition between men and women can be present. I am a student in Abu Dhabi at the American Community School of Abu Dhabi; women in Abu Dhabi don't have the greatest say in government and society, however over the years, women have begun to dominate jobs, and have even started to be involved in sports. Women deserve to have an equal say, and an equal chance at competition in male dominated sports.

March 5, 2013 at 11:41 pm |
  297. Lashell

Hey women can do what ever men can do.

March 6, 2013 at 8:14 am |
  298. Lexi

I think it's great. Women should be treated just as equally as men. If we have women that can play just as well as men in sports, there should be nothing stopping them from competing with them.

March 6, 2013 at 8:27 am |
  299. Chanelle

I play basketball with boys a lot ,I'm a girl and it doesn't matter.They treat me like one of them.So yes,girls SHOULD play male dominated sports.

March 6, 2013 at 9:40 am |

I think women should play in men sports because of the saying the more the better

March 6, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  301. joseph

i think women should be able to play men sports

March 6, 2013 at 9:46 am |
  302. wendy

i think people who think it is wrong for a girl to do what a guy does is just thinking that is manley!

March 6, 2013 at 9:48 am |
  303. Julia

I believe that women should of course be able to participate in "men only" sports. Who made the law that they're only there for men? Women have a right to be included as well. In America, they say that everyone's equal, but then you see sports, and it's only men. Where are the women in the sports world? People attempt to try the same activities for both genders, but to me it doesn't seem that they are working hard enough. Women should be able to join any sport they choose. If they want to join football, so what? There's no law against women enjoying "men only" sports.

March 6, 2013 at 9:48 am |
  304. Jennifer

I think it is fine for women to play the same sports as men because every one has the same rights. Today the world is equal.

March 6, 2013 at 9:49 am |
  305. braynka

i think the leader that died because god what him to he now in better place now i think that was cool when the people diveded inthe water and look for inmation.

March 6, 2013 at 9:50 am |
  306. elyria

well i thing everyone should play sports beacause you should let someone play what they want to play beacause what they want to play they must think it's fun so just let someone play what they want to play so just listen to me and every thing will work out i promise and if it dosent work then maybe you should try something a little diffrently so just listen bye.

March 6, 2013 at 9:51 am |
  307. Rubi

I think a female should join a sport that is for males because females have the apportinuty to play something they love to do.

March 6, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  308. Joana

I think that it is okay for woman to play any sport they want. Male to what ever sport they want to play. Because they discover new things and if they like it they play it.

March 6, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  309. Duncan

i think its a good thing i think that all sports should be played by all people

March 6, 2013 at 11:52 am |
  310. aaliyah

I think they should be able to because no matter what you look like you can still follow your dreams and do a male dominant sports becuase u never know you may be really good at it.

March 6, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  311. Gregg

My sister had a much better fastball than I did growing up. I enjoyed watching her baseball games.

March 6, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  312. Nelly

I think women should play sports because whenever they get competive they can win the game.I'm a girl and i like playing soccer and i pratice to get better at it and so i win almost everybody. , ;)

March 6, 2013 at 11:56 am |
  313. ivie

it dosen't seem any different if a girl is in a male dominated sport. that is my opinion.

March 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm |
  314. Isabella

Woman should have the opportunity to compete in male dominant sports. However they have to understand that the guys won't be easy on them and they have to be just as skilled as the male players.

March 6, 2013 at 12:52 pm |
  315. Chad

March 6, 2013 at 12:54 pm |
  316. Amanda

I think that women should be able to play male dominated sports as long as they pass certain requirements. This is because women should be given an equal opportunity at anything. I think that it is important for women to have a fair chance like men.

March 6, 2013 at 12:54 pm |
  317. Melina

I think that women should be able to play male dominant sports like football but in their own leagues.With basketball, women didn't play at first but then women started to play and eventually made their own WNBA. The same can happen with the sports like football that is still male dominated and boxing.

March 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
  318. William

I think that if a woman wants to try out for any sport she should be able to.

March 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
  319. Emily

I feel that women should have the chance to play male-dominate sports. Many people judge women and think they shouldn't play just because of their gender. Women and men should be treated equally and should be given the chance to do what they please. You never know if the women that try out for the team will be good or not. If they're good, they could change the way people think of your team and could change the way your team plays for the better.

March 6, 2013 at 12:55 pm |
  320. Nick

I personally believe that women should be allowed to play in sports normally dominated by men. I play high school hockey and there are certain schools where girls play for their school's team. I do not see them any differently then men when it comes to the game. Some women are even better than their male teammates. Pro sports should be like this as well. If they are good enough and are strong enough to play against men why stop them?

March 6, 2013 at 12:56 pm |
  321. Estella

I think there should be a separate team for girls to play a male dominant sport, like softball and baseball.

March 6, 2013 at 12:56 pm |
  322. Dylan

I feel that if the female is good at the sport then they should be able to play. But if they are only playing for attention then they should not be allowed to play.

March 6, 2013 at 12:56 pm |
  323. Janey

I think women should be able to play in male dominant sports. Women can be just as good as men in many things even if it is usually meant for men. It shouldn't matter what gender you are because the only thing that matters is if you're good or not.

March 6, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  324. Brandon

I think that if the women is fit to play the sport, and truly has potential to compete, there is no reason why they should not play. On the other hand women who have no skill at the sport and go out to play just to make a statemnet, should not be allowed. Women should be physically checked before enter man sports, to prevent injury.

March 6, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
  325. Daniel

I think if women are big enough and strong enough, they should be allowed to play male-dominated sports. But if a 5 2' 125 pound women decides to try to play in the NFL it won't be such a good idea, because they will most likely get hurt.

March 6, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
  326. Isabella

In my opinion women should certainly be able to patricipate in traditionally male-dominated sports. It has been proven that women are just as strong as men and can accomplish just as much. It would be a great change in sports and i think the reaction would be stupendous. It's time for a change now.

March 6, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
  327. Julianna

Times have changed. Women should be allowed in male dominated sports because ability should have nothing to with gender. If women are good, then why does it matter that their anatomy is different than men? I bet there are women out there who have better skills in sports than some of the men who are getting paid millions of dollars to sit on the bench. If a woman's dream is to play in the NFL or MLB or NHL or any other league who should stop them? Women aren't the fragile objects they used to be perceived as. There is a new generation of women who are individuals and should be able to do what they are passionate about. This is the twenty-first century, not the nineteenth; this shouldn't even be an issue.

March 6, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
  328. Jen

Women should be allowed to play in male dominant sports, but with the understanding that they will receive no special treatment and must be capable of withstanding the physical rigors of the sport. If a woman is as skilled and qualified as a male then there is no reason to bar her from the sport. Men in the sport should not feel that they need to go easier on women, they should play the way they normally would and if she is strong and fit enough for the sport then she can handle it.

March 6, 2013 at 1:00 pm |
  329. Zayjay

I feel that it would be fine if women were to play a male dominated sports.

March 6, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
  330. Dominique

If the women really want to, they should be aloud to do whatever they want and play male sports. Its offensive to women that we arent aloud to play male sports. Womens rights were declared a long time ago, men and women are equal. The NFL officals should not just geuss because they are women that they will be bad or whatever, what if the women is just as good as some of the NFL players, or even better? Women should atleast get a chance if they really want to.

March 6, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
  331. Samantha

I think that women should be able to play male dominant sports. Every women if they are interested and think they can handle it should be able to at least try out. If they are not good enough then cut them, but don't exclude them for being women and don't underestimate them for the way they look. Some may be even better then the teams best players.

March 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
  332. Jun

I think it's a great idea for women to be able to participate in a male dominated sports. It'll give women a chance to participate and challenge their ability to play sports that are physically challenging.

March 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
  333. Wills

I think women should be able to compete in male sports, because our country gave up so many biases about women years ago, and not allowing them to play these sports would be no better than our past opinions.

March 6, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  334. Sam

It's not the fact that women are not allowed in "men" sports, it's also that there are women leagues now that are just plain sexualized. Women don't watch this leagues because it makes them uncomfortable, men do. And men turn it into a sexual fantasy. It's all about the skimpy outfits. Men are not called "gay" for their contact in sports but women are. We are more than some binki-clad sign holders. Men may say well sports are for a male demographic, or they may say well you think I like being compared to big muscled man. Excuse me, you want to be them, women don't. Put a man in one of those outfits, and see how that makes you feel. Our uniforms are sexualized because we have been sexualized and suppressed into traditional female roles our whole lives. We need to change that and it’s time that women in sports are TRULY appreciated as athletes and not as sexual objects.

March 6, 2013 at 4:43 pm |
  335. Katie

If you are good enough you should be able to play whichever sport you like, regardless of gender. No one is truly "equal" but everyone should be allowed the equal opportunity.

March 6, 2013 at 4:50 pm |
  336. Sharmarke

I think women can do whatever they want. They have as much power as a man has that includes playing men sport. I don't think they should play in men leagues, but that doesn't stop them from playing the sport in a women's league.

March 6, 2013 at 5:29 pm |
  337. Ben

Keeping girls out of sports like that isn't too different from when they didn't have the right to perfrorm on stages. And if they want to be in sports usually played by males, they didn't take a checklist and decide their gender. Its best if everyone gets to compete in the sports or things they like, you should try something before you no longer have the chance. I would agree to let them into sports they aren't often allowed in.

March 6, 2013 at 7:19 pm |
  338. Arturo

I think its wonderful. There so many people out there who think girls cant do things, because she's a girl. I'n tired of hearing this and can't wait for the ladies to prove them wrong. Girls can do anything guys can and even better.

March 6, 2013 at 8:18 pm |
  339. pearson

I think they should because there should be equal rights

March 6, 2013 at 8:30 pm |
  340. Hana

Girls should be able to play in male sports because many girls are equally strong, competitive and can be just as good. I think that girls should be given a shot. It might be harder for woman to get as strong and athletic but it dosent meen they cant play in pro sports.

March 6, 2013 at 9:15 pm |
  341. Mark

I don't think that will be a good idea because men would not feel comfortable with it.

March 6, 2013 at 9:28 pm |
  342. Cindy

I think women could do both because it depends on their decision and they have the right to choose so.

March 6, 2013 at 9:30 pm |
  343. Denise

I think that women can do anything they set their minds to. It doesn't matter what gender you are as long as you have fun playing the sport you shouldn't have a problem!!!!

March 6, 2013 at 9:51 pm |
  344. Breezy

I think its good that women can beat guys in things. It shows that we aren't just here to cook and clean. As a girl I wrestle and I did great. It proves men aren't better at everything they think they are!

March 6, 2013 at 10:07 pm |
  345. Erin

I think it's great! I, myself, could never be athletic enough to compete alongside boys, but if a girl can do everything just as good or maybe even better than a boy, more power to her!

March 6, 2013 at 10:49 pm |
  346. Emily

I think women should be able to play on the same teams as men in male-dominant sports. Woman can do just as well in sports as men can, and I think if they want to play that sport that they should be able to.

March 6, 2013 at 11:30 pm |
  347. Ben

Women can play originally men's sports, as long as they don't actually play against men. Men are naturally stronger than women, so they would have an unfair advantage, and they also would be getting distracted.

March 7, 2013 at 1:49 am |
  348. Shelby

I say it's alright for women to go into male dominated sports cause it's what would bring us all together and closer more as a human race. :] We all are equal no matter our gender <3

March 7, 2013 at 7:32 am |
  349. Alayna

I think it's fine. If they are good at it and enjoy the game then they should let women play male dominated games.

March 7, 2013 at 8:51 am |
  350. Aaron

While I think anybody should be able to try out for any sport, I think there is a reason we have male-dominated sports today. Look at all of the Olympic records in events in which both genders compete. Which gender holds most of those records? The men. Simply put, the X/Y chromosome creates significant physiological distinctions between men and women, one of which is the ability to put on muscle. I say let women try out for male-dominated sports, but don't expect to see them at the highest competitive levels.

March 7, 2013 at 3:32 pm |
    • Satan

That is a great stand point which uses science and evidence from proven facts to support it , congratulations .

March 13, 2013 at 9:19 am |
  351. Pearson

I think they should because it is not fair that men are able to play pro sports and women not. Also, there is no point of
    equal rights if women can not do the same thing as men.

March 7, 2013 at 3:51 pm |
  352. Caleigh

I think that women should be encouraged to play male dominated sports if they want to. It wouldn't be fair if women were be held back from pursuing a sport they like to play just because others think that the sport should be for men only. Girls deserve just as much of a chance to be successful in sports as guys do and just because their gender is different doesn't mean they should be treated differently.

March 7, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
  353. Lindsey

Women should be able to play on male-dominant sports because we are all equal and deserve the right to play the sport we love.

March 7, 2013 at 6:03 pm |
  354. jonni

i think it is a good thing that women can participate in male dominated sports because they can show that they can be as good as anyone else!!!!!!

March 7, 2013 at 6:14 pm |
  355. Katie

I think this is a chance for girls to finally show boys that if a boy can do it than a girl can do it so no more saying boys are better cause most of the time their not

March 7, 2013 at 6:31 pm |
  356. Erik

I think its fine when women play male sports because this is not a all male world and women should be as glad to play male sports.

March 7, 2013 at 8:22 pm |
  357. Nicole

I a women wants to play a man's sport I would say, "Go ahead!" It doesn't bother me one bit.

March 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm |
  358. Abby

I think it is absolutely fine for women to do male sports as long as they are passionate about what sport they are participating in.

March 7, 2013 at 9:36 pm |
  359. Matthew

I think it doesn't matter which gender you are, as long as they're not using a enhancing drug to make the game "easier".

March 7, 2013 at 9:51 pm |
    • Ashley

I agree with Matthew, if a girl used a drug to get in the game that made her better, then it wouldnt be fair and it would ruin the fun of the game.

March 12, 2013 at 10:10 pm |
  360. Rosie

My opinion about women competing in traditionally male-dominated sports is that if they can keep up with the physical expectations set for the sport and if they have the skill they should be able to play.

March 8, 2013 at 3:02 am |
  361. Marcus

I don't mind if women play male-dominated sports. We are all equal.

March 8, 2013 at 10:03 am |
  362. Scott

I think in sports like wrestling were there is physical contact, girls should have their own division so that they aren't wrestling the guys.

March 8, 2013 at 10:26 am |
  363. lance

why should they not be able to? it is not a matter af strength there are girls in my class who are stronger than me. The only possible reason may be in football some guys may not want to hit a girl, in baseball however they made the girls soft ball and in that case they can stick to it

March 8, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
  364. John

I'm going to assume that this question means women competing with men in male dominated sports. In most sports, it should not happen. This is just human anatomy, women have a lower maximum strength than men. Female weightliters don't lift as much as their male counterparts, however, I am sure both man and woman train just as hard for their medals in the olympics, I do not think women are less strong for a lack of trying, it is just how we are designed.

With this in mind, who would draft a woman who is in a whole different weight class than the 300 lb defensive lineman. It's basically weight class for boxing, heavyweights fight heavyweights, lightweights to light, etc. so if it's accepted that women perform worse than men do under physical duress, there would be no reason for anyone to put them on a major league team. So unless you want to legistlate equality (I'd say we have enough of that) women should keep out of the more contact, men dominated sports.

there may be anomalies, maybe there's a woman out there that could double as a defensive linebacker, but if this occured, it would, and will always be, the exeception, not the rule.

March 8, 2013 at 3:30 pm |
  365. Shiv

I think that it is good that women are getting into male dominant sports. They should also have a chance to show their skills.

March 8, 2013 at 10:04 pm |
  366. tucker

I would personally say yes thats good girls and boys can get along and see how girls rock at this just like boys.

March 8, 2013 at 11:00 pm |
  367. Alyssa

I think that women should play male dominant sports because they are just as strong and athletic as men are.

March 9, 2013 at 11:13 am |
  368. Kelly

I think if you want to participate in a sport you should be able to. You should be uncouraged not made fun of.

March 9, 2013 at 12:44 pm |
  369. Isaac

I think it is a great thing for women to participate in sports because it adds diversity and makes women fell like they can do more in life.

March 9, 2013 at 2:39 pm |
  370. Cheyanne

I think girls should be able to play male dominated sports because in my opinion men and women are no different..... It shouldn't matter what gender you are as long as you want to play and can play of course, we're probably not going to have a WWIII Over it but women should get to play male dominant sports. :)(:

March 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm |
  371. Dario

Just because a sport is male dominated Doesn't mean men should only be aloud to play it. Its Unconstitutional to be sexist about sports, The gender should play no role in what games can be played by what gender. Teams that are gender based are exemptible but not gender based sports!

March 9, 2013 at 3:22 pm |
  372. Ben

Fine, unless they can't preform as well as the men, the girl that tried out for the NFl couldn't even kick the foot ball.

March 10, 2013 at 7:10 am |
  373. Lamar

II believe women should have the write to play what ever sport they want to. However, I do not think any sport should be co-ed no matter how physically strong that woman is. I'm not saying women are weaker than men, but in most cases they are. Even if the women is stronger, there would still be men who would "try" her. Plus, there could be incidents of sexual harassment to shower power control from men.

II feel the same way about transgenders. I think its fair for a transgender woman to participate in a beauty pageant that is all-female, but I think it is physically unfair to do that in an all-female sport.

And last but not least: if women play football, then all-male cheer leading squads should be allowed in high schools. If women want fairness, then men should have fairness too.

March 10, 2013 at 2:46 pm |
  374. Alexis

i think it should be allowed. why should gender matter. like for instance guys do hit harder and are more rough but if a girl does that sport with guys they should understand.

March 10, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
  375. Tess

Females should be allowed to play any sport. If anyone objects, they are in a category of being sexist.

March 11, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
  376. manie

I think people shouldnt let girls play men sports, because the man would not wont to fell bad for beating them and then people making fun of sombody beating a girl. It has happend to me in baseball i stroke a girl out and felt a little bad for doin that to her in front of everybody.

March 11, 2013 at 2:00 pm |
    • Tess

If men stayed to what men do and women stayed to what they do, the world would be in complete chaos. We would not have some of the great thing s we have today!

March 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm |

I think that women competing in male-dominate sports should be allowed and i completly support it. Even if male competitors are more egressive, if the female competitor is good enough to get to the tryouts then she should be allowed to play. Gender shouldnt matter.

March 11, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
  378. Alyssa

I think girls can do whatever sport if they really want to and boys can do whatever sport they want to if they try

March 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
  379. Shawn

it should be allowed this is a free country. We can do whatever we please and doesn't matter what other people think about it just go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm |
  380. HARRISON

I believe women should have the write to play what ever sport they want to. However if women play football, then all-male cheer leading squads should be allowed in high schools. If women want fairness, then men should have fairness too.

March 11, 2013 at 5:42 pm |
  381. Devyn

I love the idea of girls domenating guy sports! Gender shouldent matter. Danaka Paterick is in the Datona 500! I even know girls who play football so im all for it!

March 11, 2013 at 6:04 pm |
  382. Sydney

I think it depends on the sport. Sports like wrestling and football, girls should have their own league but other things like soccer and basketball, i dont think it matters.

March 11, 2013 at 6:05 pm |
    • dakota

i could not have said it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is so what i am talking about

March 12, 2013 at 1:38 pm |
  383. Halee

I am all for things being equal between men and women, but in somethings I don't see it happening. You can be the most determined and the toughest women you know, but unless you are the same size as one of those huge Canadian guys in hockey, I just don't see you taking a slamming hit into the glass barrier and still be standing after that. Lets face it some of those guys are giants. I'm not trying to say women shouldn't be allowed to do things or try them, because hey, I was raised on a ranch, I toss and load the same bales as my husband and my brother, and throw calves at branding, I work with horses both large and small, I've been bucked off and slammed into fences, and out here the motto is get up, shake it off and keep going. And with all that in my life on a regular basis, I think I'm pretty tough, but there is just no way that I'm going to get out in the hockey rink and try to fight it out with those guys. I would like to keep all my teeth. :-)

March 11, 2013 at 9:22 pm |
  384. Emersonn

I think women competing in male dominant sports is a really cool thing. Most will go against, but I feel co- education sports are what the sports world needs; something risky and exciting!

March 12, 2013 at 10:40 am |
  385. Lacy

I think not letting girls play male-dominated sports is like not letting men get their nails done.

March 12, 2013 at 11:27 am |
  386. Logan

Has anyone ever doughted you and proved them wrong?

March 12, 2013 at 11:44 am |
  387. Emma

I think its awesome girls are trying out for male sports. girls are just as tuff as guys. I just hope they (girls) can deal with a tradding card of their own ;)

March 12, 2013 at 11:51 am |
  388. Josh

Why would a girl even try to play a male dominate sport I mean I would never try to play softball! So if you want to try playing a guy sport go ahead and try, but you will not SUCCEED at a male sport

March 12, 2013 at 6:27 pm |
  389. Kenzie

I think that women should be able to play men-dominated sports. If they can play them as well or better than the guys then why stop them!

March 12, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
  390. Satan

I'd just like to say that this was a nice job of causing a superb internet argument and that most of the people commenting probably aren't students but feminists from the internet whom searched 'Gender barrier ' On Google because they didn't yell off 'SEXISM' in a while.

March 13, 2013 at 9:18 am |
  391. Tamir

I think that they should only allow tough girls

March 13, 2013 at 11:19 am |