.
August 19th, 2012

What Makes a House a House?

Monday's edition of CNN Student News will show you what one man calls the "world's smallest house."   There's no question that, for a house, it's small:  It measures just one square meter, which works out to a little more than 10 square feet.  It has a roof, a lockable door, a foldable desk, and a window.

But that's it.  No bathroom, no kitchen, no couch, no TV.  So calling this a house really depends on how you define a house.

We're hoping you'll define it here.  What makes a house a house?  ...and as far as this house is concerned, could you live in it for a week?

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Esther

To be a house I think it has to have bathroom, bed, closet, and kitchen. To live people need shelter, food, clothes. But I think people can live without TV. I'm living without it! It's not that bad.

August 19, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
    • conor

me too

August 23, 2012 at 9:56 am |
    • Paxton

I think a house is something you could survive in. It doesnt neccesarily have to have a kitchen,dining room, bathroom etc. But as we are talking abot the worlds smallest house, well its a housebut it is NOT a home. A home makes you feel safe and secure and unafraid. But in that house i would be scared to be in it in case something could get in

August 23, 2012 at 9:09 pm |
      • luke

I would be really careful of where Iput it to sleep in. Unwanted things could get in

August 27, 2012 at 8:13 pm |
  2. Jennifer

To me, a house is just a place that you live in. It doesn't have to be a 100 story building, just some space. Even if you can't a lot of things at once in that place, iti's better to live outside in the melting heat or the freezing cold.

August 19, 2012 at 7:57 pm |
  3. Gerry

It sounds like a good idea but it might cause stiff knees, neck cramps, and back ackes. But it will give lots of privicy

August 19, 2012 at 8:06 pm |
  4. Judy

I think this "world's smallest house" can't be a REAL house.There is no TV,no bathroom,no kitchen...I just can't feel comfortable in this house.It's really small.I think this house could be good for studying for a few hours,though.

August 19, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
  5. Corrine

I think a house is somewhere you can live which gives your private space to share time with friends and families. This house is like a... tent maybe, it is a good option for camping.

August 20, 2012 at 1:43 am |
  6. Seonil

I think what makes a house a house is where you can sleep, rest and live in it. So, like primitive men's house were caves, a house has to be somewhere you can call a shelter.

August 20, 2012 at 2:52 am |
  7. Joanna

Well...I think the house one thinks as an house can be a house. You see, we just prepare some round cushions and say it is a dog house or some people who live in the forests say the threes are their house! That basically means that there is no limitation of the meaning of the 'house' and anything can be a house like a cushion or trees...also a ten square feet house.
    Ten square feet house...I would definitely live in this house for a week or two! It sounds so awesome! It would be a great chance to experience something challenging and different! I would be alone...and it will be quiet. I would just adore it.

August 20, 2012 at 3:40 am |
  8. Xiu

Only with families, a house can be a real house. No matter whether there are bathroom,kitchen, couch or not.

August 20, 2012 at 4:17 am |
  9. Celestyn

What makes a house a house? Well, if you want to have a house and live in it, it must qualified for our fundemental instinct. So it must have bathroom, somewhere to eat, somewhere to sleep and somewhere I can be comfortable. That's what makes a house a house. COMFORT. If some house is really good, you'll find that you feel fantastic. But even if it is a very good house, if you are not comfortable in it, why on earth would you want to live in it?
    "The smallest house in the world" is so amazing. It's so small but it'll give you comfort. I think it's brilliant. Because it is the smallest place that no one ever touch, watch or rob it!! I owe that place!! So I love it, becase it looks like it'll give me corfort.

August 20, 2012 at 5:47 am |
    • Shoe

don't write that long if you wanna be picked by carl !!!
      Just a suggestion but your thesis sentence was great 🙂

August 22, 2012 at 7:47 am |
      • devin

house is something you call home and you fell good about where you are

August 29, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  10. Grace

Convenience and owner's feeling of satisfaction?.. But..above all, a family makes a house a house

August 20, 2012 at 6:37 am |
  11. choi

Well I think bathroom, desk with the simple kitchen utensils and bad would make a nice house.But I can't live in that house for weeks, maybe 12 hours?

August 20, 2012 at 7:31 am |
  12. Ethan

I think a house is something that you can live in. It could be a mansion or one square meter. As long as you can live in it and it provides shelter

August 20, 2012 at 7:51 am |
  13. Eunice

I might define the word "house" differently in this kind of situation. A house is somewhere the owner can feel comfortable and safe. But this house? I don't have the guts to live in somewhere so unsecured! Overall, as far as "the house" is concerned , I don't think I can live in it!

August 20, 2012 at 7:59 am |
  14. BAO

in my eyes, the people in the house make it a real house! h- human u -unity m-man a- apartment n- native.....a little getting off the topic

August 20, 2012 at 8:38 am |
  15. Matthew

In order for a house to operate as house it needs to have the fundermentals, water, cookware, ect

August 20, 2012 at 9:29 am |
  16. Kelsey

i think for the house it small and i would not like to live in it. I need tv and computers and electricity. I also need space I hate small spaces.

August 20, 2012 at 9:35 am |
    • luke

I wouldn't feel safe even if it was insured.

August 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm |
  17. Josh

Well when you think of a house you think of a home that may have history or a story behind it. But there a difference between a house and a hut this how ever is a hut this would be unbearable you would have not one suitable thing to use every day. This isn't more a couple boards of plywood put together into a makeshift home.

August 20, 2012 at 9:36 am |
  18. Makayla

I think a house HAS to have a kitchen or it's not counted as a house and a bathroom and a real bed.. Just saying.

August 20, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  19. Jessica

I thought the tiny house wasnt really a house. It looked more like something you would put storage in. A home needs a bed a kitchen and a bathroom. And i would be squished in that tiny little space. How would you keep anything in it? What are you gonna do when you have to use the bathroom? Are you gonna use it in the floor? A house has to have certain things you know.

August 20, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  20. Kansas

My definition of a house is somewhere you live, no matter how big or small it is. People consider trailers a house as well as they consider mansions a house.

August 20, 2012 at 9:38 am |
  21. Rachel Ann

What makes a house a house? I would say a house would require a structure of some kind, along with needs such as a bathroom, and kitchen. Or a some kind of shelter, that has a roof and walls, or something practical to live iin.

August 20, 2012 at 9:38 am |
  22. Taylor`

i think the house is too tiny to do anything in. i think it should have atleast two bedrooms a bathroom and a kitchen and a living room to be a house. and on that house you wouldnt have any privacy.

August 20, 2012 at 9:38 am |
  23. Ms. M's class

To be a house we think it should have a bathroom, a bedroom, a living room and a kitchen.

August 20, 2012 at 9:39 am |
  24. josh

what a house is it is yours and its were lil wayne comes over and chills and we eat pizza 🙂

August 20, 2012 at 9:40 am |
  25. Lillie

I think for a house to be a house, you have to be comfortable with where you are. It just has to be big enough to live in like the one meter house it is just big enough.

August 20, 2012 at 9:40 am |
  26. Rianna

I think a house that small is technically possible to live in, but I think the definition of a house and home are different. A house is something you can live in. Where as your home is a place you can always know it'll be there. It has to be dependable and welcoming. Anyone could theoretically live in a space that small, but I think human beings need more than that. I think humans need more closure, they need a reliable place to go when all else fails. I mean a house that small you could lose! It needs to have a foundation that won't move. Kind of like a hotel, you can stay there temporarily, but you can't live there forever.

August 20, 2012 at 9:44 am |
  27. Morgan

I think it's kinda of an exellent idea. Because you can campout without struggling trying to put a tent up. You can sketch or draw a picture without anybody bothering you. And what makes a house a house is that it keeps you safe, warm, and it has to have a roof to keep you dry from when it rains or snows thats what makes a house a house.

August 20, 2012 at 9:51 am |
  28. Jordan

I think that a house is not considered a house is there is no bathroom. I also think that their should at least be enought room for a kitchen. You cant go for ever with out eating so you must store it somewhere.

August 20, 2012 at 9:52 am |
  29. Kenzie

What makes a house a house? Well if you ask me me i would say that a house is a house because its were home is. Even if it is super small and can roll it anywere. But i don't like how it doesnt have a kitchen or a bathroom or anything. I know sense it roles he probley thinks he could just role it to a place with a bathroom. I wouldn't like that because i would like some private time some time's. And were would you keep all your clothes? What about a car? i would hate haveing to push that thing everywhere. and if you did have a car what would you do stick the house in the back? I think it would be better just to sleep in the car. But thats just me and what I think about what makes a house a home. So basicly i think that you would need space and a kicthen and a bathroom to make it a home.

August 20, 2012 at 9:52 am |
  30. Zack

Any type of home big or small can be a home, just as long if u can sleep, eat, and live in it.

August 20, 2012 at 9:53 am |
  31. Dallas and Kylie

A house should have a kitchen, bathroom, bed room, roof, a tv and a place to be alone.

August 20, 2012 at 9:53 am |
  32. Haleigh

Bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, space, where family can grow.

August 20, 2012 at 9:53 am |
  33. Jackson

Home is where the heart is. I'd be comfortable living in any home as long as I'm there with those I care about, like my family and friends.

August 20, 2012 at 9:54 am |
  34. Ally

I think that what makes a house is the things that make it special to you like pictures.

August 20, 2012 at 9:55 am |
  35. Cailynn

i think a house should have at least one room with plumbing. A roof and a mini fridge would be nice too.

August 20, 2012 at 9:55 am |
  36. alicia

heyy whattss upp? hi carl your cool!

August 20, 2012 at 9:55 am |
  37. SAWWAAHH and MMIIISSSAAAYYYY

Bathroom, family, LOVE<3

August 20, 2012 at 9:56 am |
  38. Derek

I think what makes a home a home is somewhere to come home from school/work, privacy, somewhere to sleep, somewhere to eat, somewhere to relax.

August 20, 2012 at 9:56 am |
  39. landon

space,bathroom,food,privacy,roof, and a door

August 20, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  40. alex

what makes a house is what you can sleep in sit in and at least you fit in

August 20, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  41. Samantha

A house is a space of your own.You can make it anything you want.Make your house say yo, not what some body would want it to look like.Make it you.

August 20, 2012 at 10:05 am |
    • ashwin

I accept that you are right.Its our own decision to keep our home neat or not.

August 24, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  42. Marcus

What make a house to me is were my heart at i think what make a house a home

August 20, 2012 at 10:06 am |
  43. hunter

I think that a house should have electricity a bathroom running water a fridge and a stove. It should also have T.V and air conditioner.

August 20, 2012 at 10:07 am |
  44. Gracie

I think for something to be a house their has to be enough room you can sleep in it,their has to be a door, somewhere to sit, and something to do in the house.

August 20, 2012 at 10:08 am |
  45. Ryland and Paidyn

We think it is a house its just that it does not seem like one. But you can stay in it for a while.

August 20, 2012 at 10:09 am |

what makes a house a house is that you sleep in it ,do stuff in a house, and you live in it.

August 20, 2012 at 10:09 am |
  47. shawn

A tv bathroom couch bedrooms kitchen that is it.

August 20, 2012 at 10:11 am |
  48. Zoey

A house needs food, air conditioner, bathroom, and a tv.

August 20, 2012 at 10:12 am |
  49. sarah and carter

Somewhere you can live be protected from bad weather, sleep, work, having a mobile house and have a meal. Also a place to just settle down, relax and to have some privacy.

August 20, 2012 at 10:12 am |
  50. whitney

Space, privacy, food, heating and air, hygiene, comfort, at leas one window, some were to go to the bathroom, ruff, ceiling, entertainment.

August 20, 2012 at 10:13 am |
  51. donovan

A stove a sink a bathroom.

August 20, 2012 at 10:14 am |
  52. corbin

just use your imagination and make your house the way you want to make it.

August 20, 2012 at 10:14 am |
  53. faith

company and a place to sleep makes a home

August 20, 2012 at 10:15 am |
  54. lincoln

I think a house is where ever somebody lives and is comfortable.

August 20, 2012 at 10:15 am |
  55. Irene

In my opinion, the atmosphere of love, relaxation and laugh makes a house a lovely house.

August 20, 2012 at 10:40 am |
  56. Haley

i think what makes a house a house is family but since im a kid i believe TV make a house as well! I think what this guys is saying is that you dont need a tv or or electronics to have a home!!:)

August 20, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  57. terry

what makes a house a house. A T.V, an Xbox 360, A ps3, A Wii, A PC, A bed ,and a car, and pancakes.

August 20, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  58. Jordan

What makes a house a house is a place to sleep, an area to call your own, a place to work, a warm feeling when you go in side and if you are happy with your house.

August 20, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  59. Gabby

what makes a house a house is the people who live in it how they treat it and how they respect it.

August 20, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  60. Jackie and Haley

I believe that you need: A roof, a bed, a toilet, a kitchen, a living room and a small portable t.v.

August 20, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  61. Diana

i think what makes a house is a bed and roof and my family plus my dog .

August 20, 2012 at 10:44 am |
  62. dillan

a roof, kitchen, couch, tvvvvvv, a sink, bed, carpet, electricity,

August 20, 2012 at 10:44 am |
  63. Kylie

What makes a house a house is the people that spend their time and money into the house. Another thing that makes a house a house is the things that are placed inside the house.

August 20, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  64. mikayla and colin

what makes a house a house is pets,nice secure house,shelter.

August 20, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  65. dillion

waht makes a house is a needa tv an atv a ps3 xbox 360 and cheese itz and lots pancakes

August 20, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  66. Shyann & Meggan

Living space where you can sleep, work, and keeps you safe.

August 20, 2012 at 10:46 am |
    • corey

good comment

August 20, 2012 at 6:41 pm |
  67. rosie and sage

what makes a house is a kitchen, living room,master bedroom, guest bedroom, bathrooms, roof, walls, carpet, doors, people, garage, dinning room, basement, attic, furniture, food, windows, closets, books, office, tv, landry room, and pluming.

August 20, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  68. terry

i would not be able to live in that small house it was to small.

August 20, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  69. jessica&landon

a bathroom a place to eat a room of intertainment a place to have fun an be yourself a place to have company that has different rooms thats not just one room

August 20, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  70. Brandon

A house should be safe and comfortable and be secure. I could not live in the small house because I don't like small spasces.

August 20, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  71. Ethan

what makes a house a house is: t.v. food, bed, living room, toliet, water, chair, furnuse, microwave, stove, a study for work, computer, a dog living space for rooms!!!!

the small house would not be a livable house

August 20, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  72. JOLENE

what makes a house a house is that is is a safe inverment, if i would have to live in that house i could be ok for a little but with 2 sisters and a mom that is barley enough room for me, but for a family its not enough room.

August 20, 2012 at 10:48 am |
  73. NOAH

WHAT MAKES A HOUSE IS THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO LIVE IN IT. NO, I PROBABLY COUDLN'T LIVE IN THAT HOUSE FOR A WEEK BECAUSE THERE IS NO FOOD.

August 20, 2012 at 10:50 am |
  74. destiny

a house needs a kitchen, bedroom. a couch. a t.v., a puppy dog, toys, and food and that's all

August 20, 2012 at 10:52 am |
  75. Wilson

A place where you can eat/drink; sleep; live; place to survive; roof over your head; cook; watch TV & sit around; a place where you can take care of yourself; play; read and do whatever you want! Place to store food, water, clothing & a place to shower! Also, where you can watch CNN Student News!

August 20, 2012 at 11:14 am |
  76. Tris

I think the one meter house sounds basically like a tent. So no, I don't really think it's a house. I would define a house as a place where a person can have shelter, food, water, a bed, and love. A house for one person isn't really a house if you can't share it with family or friends.

August 20, 2012 at 11:22 am |
  77. Dillian

What makes a house a house my answer is having a roof under your head

August 20, 2012 at 11:35 am |
  78. ambre

A house obviously doesn't have to be really big, it just needs to be comfortable. It also needs to protect you from rain and creepy people.

August 20, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  79. Dillian

When you tilt it

August 20, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  80. Brianda

what makes a home is being able to be comfortable in it and to be able to live in it and say its yours

August 20, 2012 at 11:40 am |
  81. Alexis

For me a house has to have a bathroom

August 20, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  82. Luis

Well you need a bathroom and enough room to fit your family in.

August 20, 2012 at 11:42 am |
  83. Mindy

what i think makes a house a house is when you have a a security system if they break and and also a television so that's what i think makes a house a house also i have never never seen a house without a television

August 20, 2012 at 11:42 am |
  84. jessamy

it makes it a house because it has a bed and because a human lives there , and well if he sees it like a house.

August 20, 2012 at 11:42 am |
  85. Crystal

A house makes a house because you need a Bathroom you need a kitchen to cook and eat also when your bored watch TV

August 20, 2012 at 11:42 am |
  86. esmeralda

a house has a bathroom and it suppose to have a room and a kitchen and and all the materials that you can us to eat and take a shower.

August 20, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  87. Ernie

What Makes A House Is A House Has A Bathroom A Shower A Sink' Food 'Closet And A Oven

August 20, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  88. nicole

what makes a house is having a bathroom and a kitchen and a tv and everything

August 20, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  89. mark

So i think that a house is a house no matter how big it is.

August 20, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  90. Anyssa

I think a house makes a house by buliding Wood and building All the stuff that needs to be in a house.

August 20, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  91. Myranda

what makes a house a house is a kitchen and a bathroom. a house needs to have what a house needs or its not a house at all.

August 20, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  92. jazmine

what makes a house a house is you have to have a family and a living room a stove a compty and a large amount of space and also to have air conditioning and a house should stay in one place you shouldn't be able to move it and you should have a TV

August 20, 2012 at 11:46 am |
  93. santiago

A house has to have a bath room and a kechtin.

August 20, 2012 at 11:47 am |
  94. ambre

i want a computer in the house

August 20, 2012 at 11:52 am |
  95. jose

I think what makes a house a house is not how big it is or how it's decorated , I think it's what you think of it and how you are attached to it.

August 20, 2012 at 11:54 am |
  96. richard

wut mack a house is bathroom

August 20, 2012 at 11:57 am |
  97. Zara

I'm not sure if the square meter house really counts as a house. Sure, it's got a bed, a desk, and a door, but nowhere to store or cook food. Since you need food to survive, the house doesn't provide all basic necessities. But then again, you could always buy food and eat it in the house.

August 20, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
  98. Karla

I thought that the little house would be a nice place to get away from the stuff that goes on in your house. I think it would be cool to have one of those.

August 20, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  99. paige

i think what makes a house a house is what you make out of it. some people think its a roof over your head but really its just love and care that you put into it to make it your home not bob's or al's home your home. in my opinion people with big houses that they rarely live in because they are so busy those houses are the ones with no love , but if you want a house to be your house then give it love and plenty of care because a forgotten house is just another left behind.

August 20, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  100. tom and zayne

A house has to have a kitchen or else its not a house.

August 20, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  101. Melvin

Floor, walls, roof, bed, kitchen, bathroom, closet, entertainment, somewhere safe from storms.

August 20, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  102. Casiana

I think home has a lot of many different meanings to a lot of different people. Some may say it is a place to start a family, some may say it is a second chance and others may say it is a place to get away from your parents. I think "Home" has nothing to do with walls or a ruff, windows or a master bathroom, home comes from within a house which comes from the people within the stucture. Home comes from within you, not a bunch of walls and windows with hardwood flooring. Home is within the heart and your soul is the bass which keeps it altogether. So where ever you go you will always have a home. THANKS CARL.(;

August 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  103. Carson

A home is a shelter where you feel like you belong and are welcome

August 20, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
  104. Colby

A family

August 20, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
  105. Colby

A place that has shelter and a place to sleep.

August 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
  106. Killian

A bedroom,a bathroom,a kitchen and family or friends.

August 20, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
  107. Abby

I think what makes a house a house is having a shelter over your head and love and family.

August 20, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
  108. Abby

A kitchen

August 20, 2012 at 1:03 pm |
  109. Sydney

A place that has a roof a door.

August 20, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  110. Killian

A bedroom,a bathroom,a kitchen,friends or family

August 20, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  111. Angela

What makes a house a house is that it's yours no one else's and you feel safe and happy

August 20, 2012 at 1:04 pm |
  112. Dylan

A bathroom,bedroom,and a kitchen and with my family

August 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
  113. Angela

You feel safe and welcomed

August 20, 2012 at 1:05 pm |
  114. Ben

What makes a house a house it has to have a roof and it has to be suitable to live in

August 20, 2012 at 1:06 pm |
  115. Eli

I think a house is somewhere that you are comfortable with, somewhere that you can do things without ever having to leave the house, somewhere that you can live with your family comfortably.

August 20, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
  116. Alexa

I think that a house can be anywhere you live. A house doesn't necessarily mean home. If you have a place you stay at more that twice a week, that is a house. Traditionally a house had a bed, a roof, and a door. Though, it is true that the 1 square meter house is a house, is it a home?

August 20, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  117. Cyanne

If it has a locked door an you can sleep and has a roof it is a house

August 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
  118. Emiley

What makes a house a house? As long as you have somewhere to sleep and shelter, I think it would be okay. Just not having a bathroom or kitchen would kill me. I guess if it was the only place left other than the streets I'd stay in it.

August 20, 2012 at 1:50 pm |
  119. Reese

World's smallest house? Would get claustrophobic. Could not live in it for a week.

August 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  120. Savannah

I believe you can live in it because it has all the qualifications for a house but you'd have to make your food somewhere else or buy your food at a store all the time and you'd have to use the restroom at a public bathroom. But I think it'd be such an experience 🙂

August 20, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  121. Caitlyn

Well, a house has to be comfortable. It also has to have food, water, enough clothes, and you definitely need a family to talk to, and to spend time with. All you really need is all the things I said.

August 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
  122. tonielle

You need a bathroom and shower to keep clean. You also need a stove to cook .need a t.v need to live in it . need places to put stuff.

August 20, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  123. Lara

You need to be able to live in it...be able to move around....cook in it,have a bathroom and the people that live in it.

August 20, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  124. Joy

The 1 meter house was too small! i need to have a bathroom with a shower. I need to have a bed. I need a closet and some cubbies for putting things inside. I need a tv. The 1 meter house was bad idea.

August 20, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  125. Heather and Taylor

What makes it a house is that you live in it.

August 20, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  126. Braydon

That is an awesome house

August 20, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  127. Adam

A bed, a bathroom, a work table a table

August 20, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  128. Heather

A house is some where yo u are safe and with people you love and that love you where you grow up and have pets and are protected

August 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
  129. Mrs. Weber's Class

We think the things necessary to call a house a "house" are:
    a bed, a bathroom, electricity, a kitchen, plumbing, and walls and a roof.

August 20, 2012 at 3:25 pm |
  130. Caitlin

I wouldn't be able to live in a house like that for a week. And the only place I can live without my electronics is at camp!! To me that is a dog house!!!

August 20, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
  131. Adrianna

I think that what makes a haouse is a roof and a place to eat, if it is a sheltor it is a home!!! I do NOT think I could go a week in this house because there is no kitchen or bathroom!!!!!!!!!!!

August 20, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  132. Name

the 1 meter house is rediculous it does not have a bathroom kitchen living room or bedroom I could not live in it for a week

August 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  133. Chase

Shelter and feels like home

August 20, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  134. Alyssa

A pet or family and a kitchen

August 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  135. Mason

What makes a house a house is you live in it there is lot of love and your family is there a bathroom

August 20, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  136. Gradyn

I think What makes a house is something that has a roof and walls, to keep you warm

August 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  137. Claire

Family. Not really house. But if you are facing homeless it would be better then a cardboard box.

August 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  138. Malachi

A house is where you and your family lives.

August 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  139. Adam

A bathroom, a dining room , a kitchen, a bedroom

August 20, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  140. Ethan

A house needs a bathroom, water, bed, T.V., rooms and, closet.

August 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  141. Mason

You need privacy there is a see through door

August 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  142. Rylie

A house is a place were I can relax and cook and do all the things I love to do and a house is a place you come home to Love and family.

August 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  143. Jon

A house is place where you eat and sleep or watch tv place electronics,etc.

August 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
    • Chloe

You don't need electronics to be happy did you watch the news today, think about the kids in Seria

August 20, 2012 at 8:09 pm |
  144. Tyler

A house is a place where you or you and your family lives.

August 20, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  145. Kalyn

You live in a house and yourfamily lives there

August 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  146. Nick

A house is comfortable this looks not to comfortable and it doesnt have any entertain ment and it would look strange walking around whith a shed no bathroom , no couch , no tv , no books ,nothing and I picture it as a place to get a way from home more thought but besides that I give it five stars:p

August 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  147. Addie

I think you need a bathroom for it to be a real house

August 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  148. Grant

I think a house is a place where I can move around and not be crowded

August 20, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  149. Hailey

Fridge,bed,and a sink.

August 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
  150. Tessa

I don't think that it is a house because a house needs space to make athat's. that is not enough room to make a mess. I would want a bathroom or a kitchen or dining room or something

August 20, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
    • Chloe

what makes a house is a family or hope buy a porta potty buy some food if you belive it is a real house.

August 20, 2012 at 8:07 pm |
  151. Zoe

A house is somewhere you can live, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to have all your things there with you. We go eat at fast food restraunts, sleep at hotels, and use the restroom at public places, we can do all that and more without a house.

August 20, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
  152. Rose

You don't have to have a bathroom, food, or a bed for it to be a home, you can get all of that at fast food resraunts, hotels, and public restrooms.

August 20, 2012 at 6:58 pm |
  153. jake

the dictionary defines it as a dwelling place but that's not realy what a home is, it's a place you love to be and if he loves to be in a 1 sqare meter house then let him be.

August 20, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
  154. Isabella

you need a food room a bathroom what are you going to do lug around a porta potty. Where do you charge your phone? hello colsrfoubic.

August 20, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
  155. Allison

1.comfy
    2.t.v
    3.has a roof
    4.a place to eat
    5.bathroom

August 20, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
  156. William

A house is a place to sleep and work. You have the protection of the house. Also, a house is your HQ. You must have one if you want to suceed.

August 20, 2012 at 7:37 pm |
  157. SHaNNon

i think what makes a house a house is that you can live in it but me and my friends think that you should have it RIGHT next 2 a store and you need to have a job because you you need food nad clothes and you need studies for the fold-up desk. i might want a house like that but we might have some homeless people live in some of those because i want someone to make a diffrence in the world. so i think that we can live in the house

August 20, 2012 at 7:41 pm |
  158. Chloe

I wonder if you have to make house payments if you don't I am making a house of my own

August 20, 2012 at 8:06 pm |
  159. Grace

I'd probably go crazy in a house that small! I need a computer to watch CNN Student News!

August 20, 2012 at 8:45 pm |
    • Korea

hahaha that's a good one!!

August 22, 2012 at 3:55 am |
  160. Hyun

It depends on each person's individual lifestyle and preference. For those who spend a lot of time inside, the house should be spacious and fully-furnished. But if that is not the case, size doesn't matter. If the architect is fine with a one square meter room and wants to call it a house, that's all it takes.

August 20, 2012 at 8:57 pm |
  161. mckensey

the one meter house would be way too small for me too live in . my question is where would you use the bathroom ? and how would you take a shower ? i mean what person wants to live in a one meter house ?

August 20, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
  162. Zach

This house is more like a novelty, but it does have some key factors in a house. With that said, a house needs a bed, room to move around, kitchen, bathroom, living room,etc. Needless to say, that house is pretty cool!

August 20, 2012 at 10:23 pm |
  163. Vy

What a wonderful house! When I was a child I used to wish to have a house like that which was my own space and easy to move to wherever I want That house is a good idea for camping or picnic. Actually, I can not live in it for a week, it is so small! Anyway the house is a amazing invention. I love it!

August 20, 2012 at 10:42 pm |
  164. Anta

What makes a house a house? A family makes the walls of the house, and the roof....is none other than love.

August 21, 2012 at 12:30 am |
  165. Shelby

What makes a house a house, is, having it be able to have a roof over your head, and enjoying time with family. 🙂

August 21, 2012 at 12:39 am |
  166. Derek

A place were you can feel safe and secure

August 21, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  167. Derek

A place were you spend time with family

August 21, 2012 at 10:37 am |
  168. Kade

It needs a bathroom and a place to keep food lots of room

August 21, 2012 at 10:38 am |
  169. Wyatt

A family

August 21, 2012 at 10:39 am |
  170. Madi

I think that a house needs a kitchen, living room, at least one bedroom, bathroom and a dining space!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

August 21, 2012 at 10:39 am |
  171. Mae

A home is a place with a roof over your head a loving family taking care of you.

August 21, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  172. Ben

A house is a building with a roof, walls, and flooring (wood or carpet).

August 21, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  173. Allisyn

I think a house needs a bathroom, bedroom, a kitchen, and a living space, roof, walls.

August 21, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  174. Jakob

A house is a place where you can eat sleep cook food go to the bathroom and spend time with your family

August 21, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  175. Eric

I wouldn't want to live in there that would be too crowded. Plus a wind storm could probably blow it over. I don't think it's a house what so ever.

August 21, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  176. Seth

I think for a house you need a place to sleep,eat,WORK,and cook

August 21, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  177. Tammy

I would hate living in the 1 meter house! It was "see-through" so everyone will see what you are doing...yuk!

August 21, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  178. Harrison

I could live in the house for a day.

August 21, 2012 at 12:10 pm |
    • Vy

Certainly you can not because you have to go out to work or study or travel or meet your friends, you can't live in a house all the time even a villa!

August 21, 2012 at 10:11 pm |
  179. Lexie

A house is a place where you can feel safe, eat, spend valuable time with family and friends,sleep, and of course WATCH TV

August 21, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  180. Lauren

I think what makes a house is how you look at. If you were a refugee for instance, that little 10sq foot house would be enjoyable because it would be a space that's all yours and no one else can bother it. But if you're not a refugee and are used to living in a normal sized house, then you wouldn't be able do stay in that 10sq foot building. I think a house is a place were you feel safe, loved, protected, ect. 'There's no place like home.' I probably wouldn't be able to live in the 10sq foot house because I prefer wide, open space and I don't like feeling cramped.

August 21, 2012 at 5:00 pm |
  181. Jaira

A house needs space and room for growth. A house that is one square meter can not fulfill your needs and the necessicities of life.

August 21, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  182. amna

A house is a place were you feel safe, happy, somewhere you can spend time with your family. Its a place with all your needs, a moment of comfort. How you step in a house and you feel a spark of joy. A place you can come back to. A place called home;)

August 21, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
  183. Nick

I think I can live there for a month when I have 1800 dollars. If I have loads and loads of money, I can just buy foods at the supermarket. If we have no bathrooms...uh, people will help us. And a tablet is a good thing to use with a TV. Not so hard, at all.

August 21, 2012 at 7:56 pm |
  184. Maddie

I think that a house needs a kitchen to prepair food and showers, sinks and bathtubs. When i'm not clean I feel just gross!

August 21, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
  185. Vy

I think this house has basic characteristics of a house. You can take a rest, sleep, relax... in the house like this. The rest such as eating or barthing... you can go out to do these. Moreover, this kind of house is so convenient. You can not live in any house all the time even a villa. You have to work outside, meet people, travel,...so i think this house is so awesome!

August 21, 2012 at 10:09 pm |
  186. Yu

A house is the place where we can spend most time with someone special to you!

August 21, 2012 at 11:06 pm |
  187. Lee

A house is a place where I live! That place is definitely a house! Even some cars could be a house. I think house is a place that provides us a place for food, clothes and sleep. I can easily live at there house for a week!

August 22, 2012 at 3:56 am |
  188. Korea

Well I'd rather buy a fridge. Nothing's important then food!!!!

August 22, 2012 at 4:00 am |
  189. Isabel

A house is a house if you believe it is a house ! Anything could be a house when you think so. Also, I would love to live in a 10 square feet house because I could have some peace and quiet for a while.

August 22, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
  190. Michaela

If I was getting paid to live in that house, then yes. But without getting paid I don't think I can live in that house for a week without a bathroom, kitchen, couch, and a TV.

August 22, 2012 at 6:10 pm |
  191. stephen

a house dose not need a bath room just go by a tree. a house is where you live home is were the heart is.

August 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
  192. Logan

A house needs to be a place you fell at home in.how does he take a bath and eat and drink,and use the bathroom?what about heating and cooling

Logan .

August 22, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
  193. Cindy

To me, a house is a place where you live. It's your home. It can be as big as mansion, or in this case, one square meter, but if you like it without all the gadgets and stuff, then why shouldn't it be your house?

August 23, 2012 at 12:52 am |
  194. Ethelfled

A house is, to me, a physical structure where someone lives. I'm not sure if "the world's smallest house" would really suffice as a proper house, but it could be a home. A home being the place where you feel secure and safe.

August 23, 2012 at 4:26 am |
  195. chrisitna

what makes a house a house is it you can cook, sleep,work,and strech out in it. Or you can always just lay back in it

August 23, 2012 at 3:08 pm |
  196. lucas

A house is what ever you make of it. It depends on the person if the want to call it a home, but my personal opinoin is no its not a home nor a house its just a empty closet with windows.

August 23, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
  197. Sarah

What makes a house is if you have a loving family there.

August 23, 2012 at 6:51 pm |
  198. Mr.Pott's social studies class

a house is were your family lives, were nothing bad will happen too you, and keep us warm

-Mr. Pott's class

August 23, 2012 at 7:45 pm |
  199. Catie

I think what makes a house is that more than one person can live in it. A house without a kitchen, a bathroom, and a dining room is not really a house. I think that it is a cool, smart idea, but I believe that people should have space for more than one person because when people have company, where is the room for them? But, I also believe that a house is what you want it to be. It really doesn't matter whether it's one square meter or if it's a two story house. If there is a way that you could live in it and survive, it could be counted as a house. But, an one meter house could be just a shelter because it is so small. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that people should choose the house that's right for them. There is no right or wrong answer or in this case house.

August 23, 2012 at 9:31 pm |
  200. Colston

I think that a house is a house as long as it is comfortable and nice to live in. For a house to be a house, it has to have a bedroom, bathroom, and a kitchen.

August 23, 2012 at 10:02 pm |
  201. Katie

A house, to me, is shelter. I don't care how big it is. I just want a roof and four walls.

August 23, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
  202. Christian

I think a house needs all the the necessities are: bed, table, chair, and hygiene. Also a house needs family because som peopl can't live alone in a house. You also need food without food you get weak. If i were to live in the "the world's smallest house" i wouldn't survive a hour. I can't because i need space, food, family, and hygiene.

August 23, 2012 at 11:06 pm |
  203. travarus

what makes a house a house is when you have a good family to spend time with.

August 24, 2012 at 8:59 am |
  204. Nick

I believe that a house is a structure in which you can be together with your family. It shouldn't matter whether you have any non-essential wants, it should be about spending time with the ones you care about.

August 24, 2012 at 9:44 am |
  205. Jake

A house is something that fits your needs to survive. A house as small as that one does not fit every need. You have no kitchen and no bed to sleep in.

August 24, 2012 at 9:45 am |
  206. Sam

He may call it a house but that is not the one in which he lives. He may spend time in it but there are no appliances that would make living easier or comfortable. I do not think this is a house; i think this is just a way for someone to get away from the noise of their surroundings like a private office.

August 24, 2012 at 9:49 am |
  207. Molly

A house should serve as shelter, but also include a kitchen, bathroom and space to be comfortable. This can be done is a small space, but one square meter it just too small!

August 24, 2012 at 10:15 am |
  208. Young

A house is a house when you are able to feel comfortable inside it. I need my couch to feel comfortable but If one can do that with no TV and no couch, I agree that it is a house.

August 24, 2012 at 10:57 am |
  209. Yongsui

I think a house is a place where you feel relax and safe

August 24, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  210. ashwin

A house is a sweet place to live.It does not mean that the house should be so clean.It is a psychological aspect.One may be happy if he finds his books scattered here and there.Some may want it to be in its place.So it is very difficult to define a house.It is a subjective concept.

August 24, 2012 at 11:46 am |
  211. nick

I think a house is something that you can live or sleep in.A house is also something that you have memories it.

August 24, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  212. Caden

I think a house is somewhere where you can feel safe have space and a place to keep your food. You don't need some gigantic fridge to store your food, just get a mini fridge to keep the stuff that needs to refrigerated cold. A door you can lock and open and close. Enough space for a bed and/or couch.

August 24, 2012 at 11:56 am |
  213. Zane

I would love to live in a small house because if I need alone time I can just go in my little house. It would be a good idea if everybody had a small house. I mean you can sleep in it. You can work in it. You can do anything you want to do in the house. But the bad part is you have no bathroom or kitchen or any of that good stuff but I think I would just use it for some space if I get mad at people I would go in the little house for some space.

August 24, 2012 at 1:07 pm |
  214. Nathan

I think that a house needs a bathroom, a kitchen, a living room, and household stuff.

August 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm |
  215. Hunter

I like the house, you can sleep, work, eat, and it is easy to carry around.

August 24, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
  216. Shane

I think what makes a house a house is wood.

August 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  217. Claire

My definition of a "house" is a space that you can truly call your own. It doesn't really matter if it has bathrooms and T.V, because really, it's not a physical thing. It's the place that you know is your own, no matter where you go, it yours, and no one can tell you otherwise. It might be the cupboard under the kitchen sink, it might be your closet, or in my case, your bed. It's the place that you know, deep down inside, will always belong to you.

August 24, 2012 at 3:59 pm |
    • Gabumn

I like your thinking.

August 29, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  218. Jake

A house doesn't have to be a structure, or even a peice of property. A house is where you can call home, even if it is tiny.

August 24, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
  219. Brandyn

I think that what makes ahouse a house would be with my dog

August 24, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  220. Melissa

I think that that house is awesome my only question is how do you use the restroom in such a small space

August 24, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
  221. Haley

I think that a house is only a house if there is a family and a kitchen. A family is what makes a home a house. That home feeling gives a house the right feeling.

August 24, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  222. Johnny

I think a house is something that provides shelter and heat. The house that provides shelter from the rain is a house that is the best.

August 24, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  223. Krystian

I belive what makes a house a house in somewhere where you can sleep, do work, something that can be secured, a place the has a window and somewhere that provides shelter and if i'm not mistaken this house provides all of that, it dosen't matter if it's Carl Azuz's summer home, or in this case a house that is barely bigger then a desk just in my opinion if it has those things then it should be classified as a house.

August 24, 2012 at 6:33 pm |
  224. Daniel

For a house to be a house all it needs is a roof and walls that are stable. The rest of the items inside of the house is your choice. If you can be in it sure anyone can call it a house. But of course no one would feel comfortable in it.

August 24, 2012 at 6:36 pm |
  225. Liam

A house is place where you can be safe and healthy. Considering these two basic traits a basic house would need enough room to eat and sleep, a place where you can go use the toilet, cook and eat, it needs strong walls to protect from natural disasters, the list goes on and on. A house is where you can be protected from the outside world, your own little shield.

August 24, 2012 at 10:56 pm |
  226. Laura

A house is a building in which people live, usually the people belonging to one family. So I guess what a house really need is a Loving Family.

August 24, 2012 at 11:32 pm |
  227. Frank

I think it can't be a house, House should have bathroom, livingroom,kitchen, but this house ins only 1squar meter. It's too small to use for a living room and bathroom.

August 25, 2012 at 11:23 am |
  228. Jermaine

What makes a house a house that is the question. In my eyes where you have a roof over your head and a place to lie your is a house.

August 25, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  229. Jack

By defintion a house is a space for human habitants, which this is, but im not sure i would want to live there and you could not cook.

August 25, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
  230. sam

it honestly takes a special person to live in such a small environment... that is really cool to live in such a small house. the thing i like to think about a lot is perspective. For example, when you pick out one kind of instrument from the whole band, and it seems like you get a whole new perspective of the music piece. living in a small house is probably like that... except you have a whole house, and you have to pick what is really necessary and what is not. I think that we should all spend some time "in the box" (get it... its only one room.... it was kinda corny) to help us prioritize what we really need to do in life, and what needs to be taken into attention later~~Sam c:

August 25, 2012 at 10:00 pm |
  231. Chloe

My definition of a house is "a place where you can live in safely". You can't possibly live in a place with no bathroom and no kitchen. I think I couldn't live in that "house" a week, much less a day.

August 26, 2012 at 7:35 am |
  232. Harry

A house is just where you have family and shelter.

August 26, 2012 at 11:19 am |

I don't think this is a house because there is no place to sleep.

August 26, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
  234. jackie

i believe that a house has to at least have a bathroom and a bedroom to quallify as a house or home

August 26, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  235. Andrew

I think that where he is living is certainly a house, you dont need electronics or even a bed. I would absolutely be able to live in it for more than a week, I think it would be an different from living in a tent.

August 26, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  236. Andrew

I think that where he is living is certainly a house, you dont need electronics or even a bed. I would absolutely be able to live in it for more than a week, I think it wouldnot be any different from living in a tent.

August 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  237. Jessica

I think that it all depends on an individuals definition of "home". If someone feels as if they can't live without electricity, running water or a Western style toilet then this house would definitely not feel like "home" to them. However, if a person can live without all those so-called necessities, this house would definitely feel like home.

August 27, 2012 at 9:43 am |
  238. Se yeon

I think that this is NOT a house, because house should be where you could live. Sure, you could find comfort here, but you can't go to the bathroom, and it doesn't have kitchen. You can't live just eating noncook foods. I think this is just an rest place for only reading books or napping. And also, house should provide you a security. It doesn't have security at all. And it is transparent so everyone can see what are you doing. House should also provide you a privacy.

August 27, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  239. Daniel

I would call it a house, but I couldn't last a day in that house

August 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  240. Jade

What I think makes a house a house is honestly, love. It doesn't matter where you are, as long as you have someone with you. You basically provide each other with other basic things. So, family is kinda your house. Without it, it all falls apart.

August 27, 2012 at 8:14 pm |
  241. Charlie

What makes a house a house is mostly about how a family likes it. It's also about how much it costs. I like my house because my family can have so much fun and that it's the place for me to read a book, play with my friends or just hang out.

August 27, 2012 at 8:54 pm |
  242. Cameron

A house needs all the necessities for life an society. It must have a place to sleep, work, privacy, a place to be clean, and a place to prepare and eat food.

August 27, 2012 at 9:39 pm |
  243. Yuan Yuan

A house is where you sleep,eat, and do whatever you want.For me, I also believe that 'love' is also necessary to make my house.But for a formal house you need a bed, a toilet, kitchen, closer, and entertainment.

August 28, 2012 at 8:19 am |
  244. Vicky

It is totally a house to somenoe who just needs somewhere to, like, BE, you know. If I had that house, I would probably keep it in my room for when i just wanted to chill and stuff. But I can't help thinking you need to be able to have room to do stuff in a house, like stand, and move and stuff. You would get claustrophobic if you stayid in there for a while, i think. I would! 😉

August 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  245. kimberly

i think it couldn't be house because it only fits one what makes a house is a family

August 28, 2012 at 5:35 pm |
  246. Karina

Home is where the heart is. As long as it meets the needs of our body:food/water storage, a place to sleep/relax. The 1 meter house is fine, "but where can you use the bathroom?" was the classroom that echoed all through out the classroom.
    We watch the show everyday by the way.

August 28, 2012 at 9:54 pm |
  247. John

It's a far reaching goal, to define what a house could look like on a crowded planet in the near future with an ever increasing urban population – and I'm not talking about the US, I'm afraid.
    The cost of living in modern urban-style locations all over the world can make life miserable for some comparitively "poor"? people (i.e., what does 3rd world mean, anyway?) with few alternative housing choices, and jobs to maintain the said constructs are scarce all over the planet!
    Despite such austere living conditions, however, I believe that it wouldn't take a lot of money, (from friends, maybe)? and realistic decision-making to add some structure to the smaller building in a "pile" (stacking rooms on top of one another, in a single building like in Poland) or something similar – say, one set of rooms on top of another, with all of the necessary rooms that are missing from the "single studio efficiency apartment"? and make the resulting habitat a reasonably liveable space for a single person or for those who simply choose to live alone or with a pet or service animal.

August 28, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
  248. Patricia

I don't think there is a specific definition for a house. I define a house as anything giving you protection and the place all your belongings are. Do they really need to have a closet, a bedroom, and other luxuries? I'm pretty sure a homeless person who lives in a box thinks of that as his house and it doesn't have any of the other luxuries a "normal" house would. Really it can only be defined by yourself and everyone has a different opinion.

August 28, 2012 at 10:20 pm |
  249. Adriana

To be a house I think it has to have bathroom, bed, closet, and kitchen. To live people need shelter, food, clothes. But I think people can live without TV. I'm living without it! It's not that bad

August 28, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
  250. Lin

I Like small houses but this one is way too small.

August 29, 2012 at 1:31 am |
  251. Reyna

Oh, no!! I don't think I can live in 'that' house for a week.That house is not 'house' for me I guess. I want to live in the comfortable house but that house is not my type. I think, to be a house, we need a couch, computer, (oh, there are other things too.) and enough food and water. Also we need clothes. Without these, I don't think it's a house.

August 29, 2012 at 7:04 am |
  252. Russell

yes its a house and could live in it for a week

August 29, 2012 at 10:52 am |
  253. Devin

That house is tiny...so tiny...really tiny

August 29, 2012 at 10:53 am |
  254. Braiden

I think it would be considered a house because it has most of the features, just not a bathroom and stuff. I might be able to use it for like a couple of days.

August 29, 2012 at 10:54 am |
  255. briannica

I think a house is were you are with your family and spend time with the people you love.:D

August 29, 2012 at 10:54 am |
  256. daniel

i would not call this a house cuz you would not be-able to function in this house well I don't call this a house cuz you would not be-able to go to the restroom you would be able to cook and you would not be able to relax you would be really cramp. I would not be able to last a hour in that thing he calls a house.

August 29, 2012 at 10:55 am |
  257. mat

I think i could live in it for a while because i dont watch much tv but theres no bathroom he should have put a bathroom in it how are you able to go to the bathroom.

August 29, 2012 at 10:55 am |
    • mat

i could live in it because im not that tall

August 29, 2012 at 10:57 am |
  258. Cori

I could or should I say would, never EVER live in that tiny house. It would be way lonely in there. Plus I can not for the life of me, go to the bathroom without a potty. EWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

August 29, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  259. Jacob

I think I could live in that house I really don't need a TV

August 29, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  260. Wesley

I would call it a house. A house is where you fell safe and have a roof over your head. As long as you can get out of the rain or have a place to sleep it is a house. I don't think I would be able to live in it for a week.

August 29, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  261. Jenna

I don't think I could live in that house for a day I really don't like small areas.I would want a bathroom in it .Maybe i would try to live in it.

August 29, 2012 at 10:57 am |

I cant live in that house

August 29, 2012 at 10:58 am |
  263. Anna :)

A house to me is a building that has at least one bathroom, one bedroom, and a kitchen. I think that is what makes a house because people need food to live, a place to go to the restroom and they need a sleeping area and a place to keep their personal belongings.

August 29, 2012 at 10:58 am |
  264. Aubrey

I think it would not be bad because it a house and it gives you shelter.But the bad part it is for me is to small no bathroom and no living room.

August 29, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  265. Branden

I can last a week in a house that is 10 square it wood be tiny

August 29, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  266. noah

I would call it a house I would live in the house and i could live any where.A park could be my front lawn and the city could be my living room it all depends on your point of view

August 29, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  267. luis

I think its find.but how are eat in there.moo.moo.

August 29, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  268. heather

I would only call it a house because your house has the things you really need it has a bed and a office things.

August 29, 2012 at 11:00 am |
  269. lizbeth

I think a house is with your family.

August 29, 2012 at 11:00 am |
  270. jose

I could 't last a weak

August 29, 2012 at 11:00 am |
  271. Rachel

To make a house, a house, you have to be able to live in it. A house must have the certian neccessities that a person needs to live. . If he has the neccessities to live in that small of a house than it's a house to him. I would never live in a house that small, I need my space. In my opinion, that small of a house, is NOT a house.

August 29, 2012 at 11:09 am |
  272. Phoenix

I would so not call it a house because it does not have water. I migh

August 29, 2012 at 11:49 am |
  273. Talia

I think it could not be a house a house is somewhere where you feel most comfortable a place where you can invite more people in a place where your not the smallest bit uncomfortable i know that all the claustrophobic people wouldnt call it a house i sure don't think its a house i couldn't live in a place like that my whole life...surley

August 29, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  274. brandon

It's a house but I would never last a hour in that little house

August 29, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  275. Bree

I would call it a house for a person that doesn't need much. I couldn't last more than a day in it though because I'm not really an outdoors person, and I would need a toilet. Otherwise i wouldn't mind living in it. If there were a toilet. Also hygiene, I take showers every day every person should take a shower every day or two. Being clean is also being healthy. You don't want bacteria all over you.

August 29, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  276. kylie

I couldn't last in that house for a day because there's no bathroom and no t.v. no privacy and everyone can see you and what your doing.

August 29, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  277. christian

i would call it a house but i would haft to remodel it if i would to live in it because to me it is way to small and the most you could fit into it is probably one mattress not only that but what if it doesn't have cool air like a regular home? no one could live like that my last problem with the house is that it does not have a bathroom witch of course everybody have a bathroom but if i had to i would probably buy it its probably cheap and i can remodel it like i already said to make it feel like home.

August 29, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  278. Phoenix

I would so not call it a house because it does not have water to survive. I might not even last a day in it.

August 29, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  279. Brett

I don't think that that "house" is a house at all because most people don't enjoy life without a running water, electricity air-conditioning and all the other modern day appliances. In my opinion I think that a house should be a place that you can eat and sleep in privacy and also it should be a place you can relax and have fun with friends and family.

August 29, 2012 at 11:52 am |
  280. channler

The thing that a make a house for me is a room that has privacy a kitchen and a restroom and power.Also a house need to be able to live there I wouldn't be able to live there.

August 29, 2012 at 11:52 am |
  281. Kaylee

I think its considered a house because you can sleep in it and a house doesn't mean you have to have to absolutely have a kitchen or TV some people live with out TV like in Haiti they don't have a kitchen or a TV or couch well some do but not all the time. So that is my comment.i Hope you read this on TV. Bye:)

August 29, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  282. jake

I could live a week in that house.and is should be called a house.

August 29, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  283. Arden

What would do if there was no T.v in the house and you had live in it. plus the roof did not hould water

What would you do if your house did not have a roof on it.

August 29, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  284. caylor

What i think make a house a house is four wall and a roof. Some people think a bathroom , kitchen, and a TV are Are necessary items to live but they are just luxury items but any one could survive without any of these "necessary" items.

August 29, 2012 at 11:54 am |
  285. rocco

I think you might be able to live in it for a week. its like a regular house just smaller and has no tv, couch, kitchen or bathroom.

August 29, 2012 at 11:55 am |

I think a house should have a bathroom,kitchen,a couch and a t.v. A house is not a house without that stuff!!

August 29, 2012 at 11:55 am |
  287. Kenny

I would call it a house but I would not live in it for a long time.

August 29, 2012 at 11:56 am |
  288. Levi & Paul

I can't live in that house says Levi.
    A house is where u live Says Paul

August 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  289. Matthew

I would call it a house, but i would need food.(:

August 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  290. Levi

That houe i can't live in it but a house is what has the minimum stuff needed to live

August 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  291. Brad

i would call it a house,but i could not live in it for a week

August 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  292. Jade

It is a house because it has a roof over your and a bed so its a house.

August 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  293. Daniel

Its not a house because it has no bathroom or kitchen.

August 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  294. zach

i would call it a house but i could last 3 days in that home but its still shelter

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  295. green giant

a house is something that makes you feel like home it doesn't have to be nice at all its just what you want it to look like.

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  296. thomas

I think that a house needs some one to live in and a little respect for the American dream.

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  297. sierra

WHAT MAKES A HOUSE A HOUSE IS THE FACT THAT IT FITS YOUR PERSONALITY AND NO MATER WHAT PEOPLE SAY IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOUR OK DON'T GO CHANGING FOR PEOPLE

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  298. Marianita

I think a house needs a kitchen,a bathroom,and an another room in the house besides the living room .You don't need a T.V.

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  299. Kailey

I would call it a house because to me a house is a roof over your head it doesn't matter what the size of it is as long as it has walls and a roof.But I could not last a week in this house I could maybe last a day!

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  300. Jose

I think it's a house but without a bathroom where are you going to use a bathroom and without a kitchen where are u going to cook food and drink water.

August 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  301. mr.kaymin

a house is were you can actually live in,live a normal life but you cant live in this house with a normal life.And you cant cook or go to the bathroom in this house you can hardly even sleep in it,or even have pets.

August 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
  302. Halle

I think what makes a house is a kitchen, a bathroom, and a nice warm bed. I think the idea is cool but I wouldn't live in it.

August 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
  303. Denae

i would call it a house, but i wouldn't last an hour in that house.

August 29, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
  304. MyMie

I think a house is made up of a bedroom, kitchen, closet and a bathroom. You don't really need a living room or an extra room. Those 3 rooms are all you need. I wouldn't consider this a house because not everyone can live in this type of condition. Claustrophobia can make someone freak out in a 10 foot space. I have claustrophobia and know for a fact I wouldn't survive. There for it is not a live-able home.

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  305. Sorcha

I think a house is a place where you can live and survive with shelter.

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  306. Kaysea.

i think for it to be a house there has to be , A kitchen, closets , bathroom , showers , FOOOOOOOD! c:
    The familys pet because you always need some company .
    Also you need a backyard, a refrigerator to fill the food with in, You would need a pool in the backyard to have some family fun in the summer or weekends during the summer, and thats what i think , Yo

-Peaceoff

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  307. the ranger

that would be so cool to have a house of my own but not that small!!!!

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  308. Cam

Well it could be because t here is a roof, bed, and lockable door. But you could loose air and die or it may be burned down with u in it.

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  309. sierra

AND YES I CAN SPEND A WEEK IN THAT HOUSE AS LONG AS I COULD COME OUT BECAUSE I CANT STAY IN A SMALL SPACE FOR A WEEK IF I WERE ABLE TO COME OUT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR EACH DAY I WOULD BE GOOD

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  310. FireFly

Bottom line a house is anywhere u live. From the tops of trees to the burrows in the ground. On minecraft I hang in the tree tops while other people build a house for shelter and protection.

August 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  311. Mr. Nick

Everyone has their opinion on what a house needs or what it should look like, but to me, a house only needs to be somewhere where you can live happily and of course, be able to survive.

August 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  312. Ariel

A home is a place where you can have a family, thrive and rest. You can rest in this house but you can have a family and thrive. There's no place to put your clothes, your food, or even money. There's no room for blankets or a pillow. It would be a cool clubhouse but not an actual house.

August 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  313. Maddison^^

I think yes it may be the smallest house but I don't really think it's a house that I could stay in. No bathroom nor kitchen so how would you survive? Unless, you got out of the small thing to use the restroom or to eat. But it is a good small area for a place to work or sleep seeing as you can pull it down into a bed. It is a neat idea yes, a place I would stay in for a week? I don't think I could manage. But hey that's just me

August 29, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
    • Kaysea.

Yes, <33

August 29, 2012 at 2:12 pm |
  314. katherine

I THINK IT WILL BE OK FOR A FORT BUT NOT TO LIVE IN I THINK IT WILL BE TO HOT AND MISSERBOL I LIKE IT IS JUST TO TINY

August 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm |
  315. Cassidy

What makes a house a house is if it has a bathroom at least one bedroom a kitchen and a living room. I couldn't live in that "house" for a week.

August 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  316. jose

I could not live in a meter house because it does not have a bathroom,kitchen,living room or refrigerator. what makes a house a house to me would me 500 square foot house

August 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  317. zane

i could live in it for a week but not for my hole life in the day. I would just leave and sleep in it at night.and another stuff in and out for lunch and

August 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  318. Diana:)

A house should have a living room at least one closet per bedroom a bathroom a kitchen a pantry to put the food in.Food of course water a laundry room to clean clothes and a couple of outlets to put stuff in what kind of house doesnt have decorations either?A house also needs a tv to entertain and space to have company?So in conclusion i feel that i could NOT live in that house

August 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  319. Britney

i think a house is a place where you can sleep and hang out in it doesn't have to be where you eat in or anything else,but it would still be a house,it can have wood and carpet,even though its tiny.

August 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm |

I think it makes a house even though it doesn't have a kitchen , living room , or even a bathroom. It might not be the most comfortable house or it might not be a home but it does protect you. I think I can survive their I think it might even be a bit fun.TV is not the only thing good about life just go outside and experience it yourself.

August 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
  321. Kaylee

A house is where you feel safe and where you can spend time with your family I dought your whole family can fit in that small "house" you also need to be able to eat and shower ect. and you cant do that in that house.And what if your sleeping and someone breaks in you would have no where to hide.you would also have no A.C so it would be very hot I personally could not live in there it may be the perfect "home" for someone else but not me.

August 29, 2012 at 2:16 pm |
  322. jessica

a house is when you feel like home and you can be comfortable in. You need food and a bathroom also. I COULD NOT live in a house that small i would feel really really smushed.

August 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  323. Luke

What makes a house a house? Well first off i think a house needs to have a bathroom, and a kitchen which this house does not have. It does have a living area a desk and a place to sleep but that's not everything a normal house needs. Overall I don't think this house is much of a house. Maybe it could be used for camping or something though.

August 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  324. Tetra

I have to say you don't need a television, couch, closet, etc. But a house must have space to move, and a bed of some sort. A house should have a place to cook, even if it is only a little propane burner and a pot. The one square meter house might serve as a place to sleep, but should be called "The One Meter Shelter". I don't think I could live in it for a week because I need space to move, not just a cramped shady place.

August 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  325. (:Eris:)

I think it would be an absolutely miserable place to live!! No TV mean no video games! I can't live like that! And what about "Adventure Time"??? I neeeeeeeeed to have that!! And food what would I do with no fooood!!? It'd be teerrrrriiiiibbbblllllleee!!!
    I can't live in a house like that..........

August 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  326. mckelle

well u definitely need a bathroom and a kitchen for sure 🙂 and i would NEVER live in such tight quarters especially with my big family. even if it was just me i have a big dog so we both couldn't fit in it:) im perfectly fine with my house i have right now 🙂 😛 :O 😉

August 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  327. Gagerade

I think a house is defined as a piece of your life, somewhere you can be yourself. There was never a law about how big a house must be. I think a house is a roof over your head. I think its actually better to have a portable house. You don't have to stay inside all day. This house could make people more active and in shape. This small house is actually a smart invention. I give a standing ovation to the creator of the one square meter house

August 29, 2012 at 2:18 pm |
  328. peace

I feel that a house doesn't have to be big, it just needs to be a place to shelter you. As long as you have somewhere to sleep at night that is indoors you should be ok. As far as the no bathroom that is pretty gross, but if animals can go outside then so can we! I wouldn't be the first jump in line to stay in the house but I could live in it for a week if it was necessary.

August 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  329. Bunny

I really don't think I could last a week in that "house". I need space and I don't think anyone can but that's just me saying that
    A house to me is a place where you can sleep in eat in work in and do other things. This can be some thing u can take to places like if u move a lot or go out of town and u don't want to pay a lot of money for a hotel so u take this. It can be like a house but really a house

August 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  330. reynaldo

I think it will make a good fort or something but to live in no. How are you going to make food,go to bathroom. It makes a good little fort but not house. So that's all I have to say so read if you want to. Bye see you on CNN student news. tomorrow.

August 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  331. Vanessa

Well, I like it. I think I could live in it. I mean you don't NEED tv, a bathroom or a closet. I think a house somewhere you can sleep, eat and work and you can do all those in "The worldest smallest" house..it's awesome:)

August 29, 2012 at 2:20 pm |
  332. Kenzy :)

Hmm what makes a house a house well lets see, a house have to have a roof witch this one does indeed but does it have a fridge no it does not and part of a house is being able to eat dinner, lunch, breakfast and a house like this is not suitable for someone to live in it because it don't have air conditioning yes someone might be able to live in it for a week that is true but u most likely have to pick up food and bring it back to the house to eat or you would have to go out to eat like everyday and I don't think you would be able to have guest over unless u sit outside my opinion is i would not live in there even for a week because its not suitable for me but that is my opinion there are other people who have other opinions well I guess that's all for me to say so by. 🙂

August 29, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  333. smiley

I think it would be possible to live in it, but it wont be comfortable and the glass with be attracting heat to the small house it will be humid and I would want a bathroom and some cabinets for some food unless u go eat at a fast food place all the time then u don't need cabinets or a spot for food but for the most part u need a bathroom and u need a place to put it so u don't have carry it around 24/7

August 29, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  334. Slenderman

Windows. Lots of windows.

August 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  335. sunburn

I think a home is were all the memories are and what is happened in your life I think it were you find your self and feel safe that home to me it could be I be a pile of dirt or a mansion if its mine I will love it I know some people say there no food no bathroom there no but there's love in that house a house is belt with love and memories that what a house is so yes I could live in that

August 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  336. Addi

I think that a in order for a house to be a house it needs plumbing but otherwise I could live in a 1 Square meter house for a week and I think it would be fun. The thing that would be best is if I had something to do or people to watch out of the window because I'm not a fan of being bored.

August 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  337. All Star

I couldn't live in a house, like that for a week. I would need a bathroom a couch a fridge all of those things. I think it's amazing that a man can live in a house like that! I think it's possible to live in house like that for a week but I wouldn't want to even try to live in a house like that. A house like that is to small for me, I don't just WANT, I just NEED the space. I don't understand how he can live in the house like that, how can he eat were does he put his food, or his clothes, does he only were one pair of clothes??? I don't know but i would never live in house like that!

August 29, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  338. smiley

August 29, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  339. jerry

I think that you can live in that house because it is big so you can stand in it and because it is big you can put it on the side and sleep in it.you don't need to have a living room and like four other rooms to stay alive all you need is a roof over your head and a place to sleep.I think it is a good idea but there is to things wrong the first thing is that no one else can go in it with you and the other reason is you cant move around as much.

August 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
  340. Quinn

You can call this a house but you don't have a bathroom

August 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
    • Quinn

bedroom, kitchen, or a living room so i would not live in it for a week

August 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  341. Bug

I think that a house is for shelter and no i could not live in that house because ii have to have t.v. and a bathroom:)

August 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  342. me

what makes a house is a kitchen a bed and food.I think I could live there for a week.

August 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  343. Brooklyn

What makes a house a house to me is that it has to have a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and a living room with everything in it. There is NO way that I could live in that house for a week. It is too small and it doesn't even have a bathroom! It is too small for me

– Brooklyn

August 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  344. missy

I don't think I would be able to live in that house for a week because there is no bathroom. What makes a house to me would be a bathroom, bedrooms, kitchen, and a couple of closets.

August 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  345. guppy

I think what makes a house a house is it's quality. It's something that you want to go home to everyday. But I don't think that I could live in that small of room for a week.

August 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  346. Gabumn

We think that you could live in that house because, if you enjoy a house that small, then it'd be okay. Also, you could enjoy yourself outside.And you could just go and get food, so you don't need a kitchen. I think we can live in this house because, it sounds okay. Some people don't even have a house, so it's okay.

August 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  347. Amanda

I think i can not live in that house

August 29, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
  348. Juan

I think to make it a house it needs a living room,kitchen, bathroom,and rooms.
    I think I wouldn't be able to live in a small house like that because there's really nothing you could do in there and there's barely any room in there and no food n no bathrooms.

August 29, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  349. Lanie

What I think makes a house is to be with friend and family and to be comfortable. This house does not reminded me of home because Only one person can fit in it. I would not be able to live in this sort of house because I get claustrophobic and I love space my room would have to be bigger that a dog house. Another reason is that No kitchen, NO couch and,No bathroom (gross) It sounds like a cool Idea, but not for me!

August 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  350. srh

Yes I do think you could live in that house but it would cost alot of money because you would have to buy fast food and you would have to walk to public bathrooms and you would have to find a shower somewhere. I think that privacy should be a factor in a house because with out privacy you are basicly in the middle of the grocery store.

August 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  351. Trenton

Honestly, I think what make a house a house is how you feel on the subject... I mean if you were to live in the box that one guy was in then you might think that it was too small because there is no television, bathroom, or personal space. But if you got used to it u might be able to work something out such as maybe living next to a gas station that has a bathroom or using your lot of land as a flower garden to make it look nice. To me what makes a house a house is how its formed... by maybe having a good shape to it making it look productive such as with a big tip to let the rain be avoided from getting in the house. I would also like to have a bathroom for personal things, because in a gas station things can be awkward especially in there. Also I would like to have a television due to being board after awhile. And that's what makes a house a house to me and my opinion on the little house for the man. I hope this helps. 🙂

August 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  352. Jessie

I think it's really cool that someone can work and sleep in a 10 square feet but I don't think I could be in a house without a bathroom and a kitchen.

August 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm |

A home is a refuge, somewhere you can relax, and have fun. A home doesn't have to be a mansion, just a place you can love and call yours. If a place makes you happy, it's your home.

August 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
  354. Gwen

Well, the house is definitely tiny, but what if you have no bathroom and you want to take a bath, urinate or something? You can't always borrow neighbor bathrooms–you just don't know!

The house is special of the fold-able desk, but I still don't think it's brilliant.

A house–fundamentally, what makes a house a house? Seriously misunderstood subject, I must say, but look... a house must have a roof, which the tiniest house could have, but no bathroom? Ridiculous! I would have died of embarrassment if somebody asked me that. A fold-able desk is amazing, but still, no couch? How would you sit? Once again, that's why the tiniest house in the world is so... half-amazing, half-amusing.

No TV? Again? The subject is getting worse. How would you get entertainment? How would you receive news-around-the-world program?

I must admit, though, this one is half-AMUSING, half-AMAZING, and I say, what would attract you in that house?

August 29, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
  355. Seung

The reason why students want to skip school is they don't like studying.
    So I think school have to make fun class

August 30, 2012 at 7:00 am |
  356. morgan

i dont think people should skip school you need a good education to go to college and get a good job and if you dont get a education I think kids should stay in school and get an education

August 30, 2012 at 10:07 am |
  357. katie

a house to me is were the heart is where family, love, warmth,food, and water is, to me a house is a house no matter where or how big it is because it is your home and that is all that matters.

August 30, 2012 at 10:32 am |
  358. briannica

I think they mite skip school because the class is to hard or to easy..... my brother would skip because he says the class is to easy and he know all of the stuff they did....... 😀 ^-^ (")>.....

August 30, 2012 at 11:17 am |
  359. christian

skipping school is bad but its no their fault at all. School gets kina boring sometimes witch is why instead of blaming them for skipping you should hire a person to watch them.

August 30, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  360. Rachel

I think that a house is a place you live in, it doesn't mean you're comfortable there or you feel safe there. A home is where you feel safe and happy, there is a difference. But a house is just a place that you live in.

August 30, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
  361. Carrington

To make a house a house you need a toilet,place to work a place to sleep and a place to chill I mean seriously what are you gonna do walk around with your brother or sister all day.?

August 30, 2012 at 7:41 pm |
  362. Clark

I think this house could be a house but that would depend on ones definition of the term “house” on one hand this structure could be defined as a house due to the fact that it has walls, a door, a floor and a roof which are the basic definitions of a house, however if one has a more specific definition of a house than they might say that it has to be able to support a person for a period of time. If this house was left in the state it is in right now even if one had food where would they use the “Oval Office”. Yes, if they had an outhouse they could access to “The John” but if the description of the house it totally true then there is no outhouse at all. Also, where would you clean yourself because in such cramped conditions living with your “BO” could turn into a very nasty ordeal. Personally I do not think this is a home, and I would rather not have to live in it if I had the choice. However please do not base your ideas off of mine and come to your own conclusion yourself.

August 30, 2012 at 10:15 pm |
  363. sam

a house is not a house without a dog c;

August 30, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
  364. Maia ;D

The only thing that makes a house a house is the fact that you live in it. Even if it's a cardboard refridgerator box, you can say it's a house. Just because the dude's house is small doesn't mean it isn't one.

August 31, 2012 at 2:57 pm |
  365. Abby

To me a house is something that gives you shelter and warmth whether rain or snow you are protected. I also think a house is something that provides you to store your special objects and the things needed to survive such as food, drinks, and medicine. If I could only have a couple things in my house their would definetly be a bathroom (I NEED a bathroom!) but I wouldn't necessarily need a kitchen. I also dont really need a television for a week because I can SURVIVE without it! Scary I know! Ha ha! I might not need a bed even though I know it will be uncomfortable I still dont need one.

August 31, 2012 at 6:27 pm |
    • Abby

THIS IS THE SAME PERSON!

A lot of people say they need things to survive but really you only need a little amount of items. So a house doesn't in my book doesn't need that much and yes I think I could live in the house described up above but I might need to brainstorm were to use the bathroom!

August 31, 2012 at 6:34 pm |
  366. Grace

I think what makes a house a house isn't what is inside the house, like a bed, food, a couch, and so on. I think a house means you feel at home, secure, safe, and happy. Anything can really be a house or rather a home. For example, if you cut a hole in a tree big enough for you to fit in it, and you lived in there, that could be a house. If you feel safe, secure and happy there, I believe that is a house/home.
    I think I could live in this house for a week, but it wouldn't be MY home. I don't think I would feel secure, safe and happy in there because it is so small, so I don't think that would be a house for me. However, somebody else may feel that way so that could be a house for THEM.

September 1, 2012 at 8:22 am |
  367. Jasmine

I don't think that's even a living place. Well, to me though. How can it be a "house" if it has no bathroom, kitchen? I think I will never manage to live there. Even for a one day.

September 2, 2012 at 7:29 pm |