.
August 12th, 2012

Welcome Back!

All of us at CNN Student News want to welcome you back to a new school year!

We’ve got lots to talk about  – there will be tons of political news ahead of the elections in November, so you can be sure we’ll be breaking it all down for you.   And you can look forward to stories that focus on Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month and Women's History Month, to name a few.

You'll also see some new things and some very interesting stories about our audience - that's you.

So as we start our new season, we want to know what story ideas you have.  You can share your ideas here, or if you're already on Facebook or Twitter, talk to us there if you'd like.  We really do want to hear from you!

Thanks for watching and have a great school year!

Donna Krache, Executive Producer

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Alyssa

You should talk about Olympics. That was a really big thing this year. Also, the weather in Chicago was crazy (I'm not sure about the nation though). I'm so glad that CNN is back!!!!!!!

August 13, 2012 at 11:36 am |
  2. Ethan

I would like to see more sports news, especially football and baseball(World series). Also, would you post news about the flood in the Philippines?

August 13, 2012 at 11:38 am |
  3. John

I would like to see more ideas about what happened in June and July. Also, reading submissions about unknown or known authors or what they have written. Like Ray Bradbury dying in early June.

August 13, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
  4. Michael

Definitely more sports news. I would also like to see more on the latest inventions (such as those shown off at the Robot Olympics). WELCOME BACK CNN :D

August 13, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
  5. Charlie

I'm proud that I'm watching CNN Student News is on the air again. I used to watch it with my class last year but I'm continuing the adventure this summer and forever. I especially like that I'm getting the SHOUTOUT questions right. Carl I think it's cool that you enjoy being the anchor of CNN Student News.

August 15, 2012 at 8:51 am |
  6. Charlie

I may be from Ohio but I'm having the best summer ever.

August 15, 2012 at 8:52 am |
  7. Catherine

I wanted to make a comment about the show on 8/14/12. Carl said that 'continental' US meant all of the states except Hawaii and Alaska. That is not correct. Alaska is a continental state, since it belongs to the continent. When you want to talk about those 48 states, the correct term is 'contiguous'. May seem like small distinction, but it's good to teach correct geographic terms. Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

August 15, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
    • Olivia

That's cool, I didn't realize that verbal slip up until you pointed it out! Thanks for teaching me the new vocabulary!

August 15, 2012 at 10:12 pm |
  8. Celestyn

Carl Azus! I am so please to see you again! I'm from Korea so our school year, is not over yet. You know, a diffrence of the contries~? Anyway, I waited you for my whole summer vacation and I'm really pleased to see you and see that CNN is approved. I loved the first show of this school year and all of your puns. But sometimes it's liiiiiiiiittle awkard.^^
    I love you guys are tring your best and I have to say, YOU ARE DOING YOUR BEST AND I LOVE IT

August 16, 2012 at 5:15 am |
  9. Jennifer

I'm back from vacation! And I waited for a month to see CNN student news! I'm in Korea too, and our school year starts on 8/21.

August 18, 2012 at 9:11 am |