.
May 15th, 2012

Advice for High School Graduates

If you haven't heard it already, you will:  Parents, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, teachers and CNN Student News anchors are almost always willing to give you advice on how to plan your future.  This time around, though, we're giving you graduating seniors and underclassmen the virtual microphone–

What advice do you have for the Class of 2012?

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Ray

JUst be your self don't let anything or anyone get you into trouble or bring you down. Try your best!!

May 15, 2012 at 4:57 pm |
    • Megan

I would advise this: prioritize. I still have trouble with prioritization and it is a work in progress. Although, when you have to choose between going to that party at your favorite restaraunt or studying for that important exam, then stop and think: would I rather be studying so I can get a good grade or going to that not-so-important party?

May 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm |
    • William

it's true always be your self and you will have friends and concentrait on school and you will be very well tought.

May 21, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
    • megan

you did 2

May 23, 2012 at 11:29 am |
  2. Josh

I think when they are senior's they should plan what there going to do when they graduate. When they graduate i think they should worry about what course is going to throwing at them (college work). And all seniors should have a job when or before they graduate.

May 15, 2012 at 5:05 pm |

Our advice for the Class of 2012 is be ready for and adventure, pimples, and a load of work. I think high school would be a great experience for the graduating Middle Schoolers. Advice number 1 Have Fun!

May 15, 2012 at 7:02 pm |
  4. Hayden

you should chose what college to go to and prepare for adulthood

May 15, 2012 at 7:23 pm |
    • morgan

I totally agree people should pick the collage they want before hey acually go there to see if u like the collage or not and i think that people in their teen ages should propare them self by studiging about and to the collage

May 21, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
    • Babs

I think you should get a free education

May 21, 2012 at 10:18 pm |
  5. Cristina

My cousin is going to graduate this May, and he wants to go to the army reserves. i dont want him to go because he's like my older brother since I'm an only child. but at the same time I do because he's really into the thought about it, and well after you serve for a few years college is free. So it's a really good oppertunity for him.

May 15, 2012 at 7:51 pm |
  6. patrick

good luck out there!

May 15, 2012 at 7:56 pm |
  7. Kendall

Graduating high-schoolers should remember that they should balance their social life and studies. In college, there are many parties that may sound fun, but students shouldn't forget that they are still at school. Studies should come before social life, but students should still have fun.

May 15, 2012 at 8:30 pm |
  8. Ujala

My advice for the class of 2012 is to never give up, and to try their best. You might get bad grades, but you can always try again. There is no harm in trying again. Don't let anything or anyone discourage you.

May 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
    • lilith

That's a good advice for me ! Thank you!

May 22, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
  9. Amy

We worked hard, we had a great run but now we need to move on. we need to soar like eagles and embrace our future. the future is bright with opportunity and wisdom that only time can give.

May 15, 2012 at 9:06 pm |
  10. karla

we should follow our heart and see were it takes us because our future is in our hands (:

May 15, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
  11. aidin

"Excellence is not a singular act but is a habbit" -Aristottle. In other words i would like to tell the graduates of 2012 to continue your path of Excellence and receive your deploma with pride and hope to graduate university in the near future. I would like to thank Mr. Cutler and especially the honorable Mr. Horwitz for never letting me give up and always helping me to do my best work possible.

May 15, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
  12. Jenna

Don't ever give up class of 2012, your dreams can become reality with a blink of an eye. You and everyone around you can do whatever you put your mind to if you just try. Just as Theodore Roosevelt would say "Do what you can, with what you have, and where you live" Never give up class of 2012 you can do anything you want in life!

May 15, 2012 at 10:40 pm |
  13. nick

well im gonna do my best at all the subjects and i should be fine

May 15, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  14. chris

now your free from homework

May 15, 2012 at 11:20 pm |
    • Babs

But should read a book or do math porblems

May 21, 2012 at 10:22 pm |
  15. EJ

Well, study hard and use your opportunities well. Achieve your goals and don't waste your time. You only get one chance of living!!

May 16, 2012 at 3:15 am |
  16. Miranda

good luck to all high school students on your job well done, i'd wish you luck in the future

May 16, 2012 at 7:41 am |
  17. Lya

Don't look back-keep looking ahead of you and you will find everything is possible.

May 16, 2012 at 7:59 am |
  18. joshua

i would say that they should want to focus in the books and you can be the best at what you do so congrats and i hope you have a good and bright future

May 16, 2012 at 8:56 am |
  19. MO

Congratulations Graduates! I hope you have a good future! And do not cross the road without the green person on the crosswalk sign! Thats my advice!

May 16, 2012 at 9:06 am |
  20. Meg

I hope you have a good experience in college and get a worthwhile job!

May 16, 2012 at 9:08 am |
  21. Michele

My sister is graduating college this year, and she's scared that she won't be able to find a job with her degree in nursing. Despite this, we always tell her the same thing every time, that there's always hope and a light at the end of a dark path.

May 16, 2012 at 9:09 am |
  22. Hernan

I would say they should take advantage of the opportunity to go to college. Also celebrate and pat yourself on your back you graduated high school and now college off to the real world you go. I hope all the fellow graduates fallow the road to success.

May 16, 2012 at 9:12 am |
  23. MO

Try to get a good job and find a nice college! Congratulations graduates!

May 16, 2012 at 9:13 am |
  24. Meg

Get a good job and try hard to get into college!

May 16, 2012 at 9:14 am |
  25. joseph

the advice i would give to graduates is that they made it this far and shouldn't stop going now because if the get off track then what would happen

May 16, 2012 at 9:29 am |
  26. Wilcardo

Dont do drugs have a longer life, stay out of trouble have a safer and better future, and stay in school have a better carrier

May 16, 2012 at 9:44 am |
  27. Jeonghwan

Must carefully consider what to do first. Congratulations to all of you.

May 16, 2012 at 9:56 am |
  28. Mason

Sort of off topic, but where was Steve Jobs in the ceremony videos?!?! Isn't he memorable?

May 16, 2012 at 11:05 am |
  29. Robert

The only advice i have for high school graduates is to not mess up your life and go to college. Spend as much time in college as you can. The last thing is to do what you love for the rest of your life.

May 16, 2012 at 11:33 am |
  30. Gabe

Try to make 2012 school year your best work hard and try to study and not goof off with your friends. If you have a bad grade see if your teacher is willing to give you an extra credit.

May 16, 2012 at 11:36 am |
  31. krysta

My advice for the class of 2012 is to go to college and pursue your dreams. You can achieve what ever you put your mind to just remember nothing is impossible. Try your hardest in life and ever give up becomes successful in life.

May 16, 2012 at 11:38 am |
  32. Qwan

Congratulations to all graduating High School seniors! Through the past four years you have learned how to juggle Homework with Netflix, and extracurricular activities with your social life. You have learned the best way to make your parents proud, and also learned which teachers you can turn in late work to. However some of these freedoms must be sacrificed if you are to do well in the next phase of your life. Just remember that mom is no longer there if you get a speeding ticket trying to break 100 mph on campus. Without a doubt college will be thousands of times better than high school and you can achieve whatever you want; just remember that you can burn brighter than the sun.

May 16, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  33. casiana

You might think just because you graduated college there is nothing else to work for, You are done, got to the finish line.
    Well, sad to say you are wrong. Your life is just beginning. The door of success are wide open beyond range of possibilities. CONGRATULATIONS!!! GRADS

May 16, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  34. sabrinna

i would tell them that i know its not easy it takes a lot to get where you guys got. i hope them the best luck to where ever their going. congratulation for getting so far now your done with collage and moving on to a better job.

May 16, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  35. Delaney

"Life is short; It is up to you to make it sweet." -Sadie Delany That is my favorite quote and I try to live by it and they should too

May 16, 2012 at 12:08 pm |

My advice would be to keep trying and working for what you want to do when you get older. Also some good advice would be to set a goal for what you want to do and never give up until you reach that goal. Some other good advice would be that whatever job you like or skill you should go for.

May 16, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  37. Ramon

Keep out of trouble fallow what you like and try to meet your goal. If you like school go to collage and make a career. Get a job and have fun and make a lot of money!

May 16, 2012 at 12:26 pm |
  38. Patrick

My advice to the class of 2012 is keep moving foward. Don't let anyone tell you can't do something. Always keep positive and keep your head held high and be happpy.

May 16, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
  39. Gary

Dear 2012 graduation, my advice would be to stay out of trouble. Just make smart decisions and don't go to parties. And just have a lot of fun!

May 16, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
  40. Dustin

My advice for the class of 2012 is, go further with your education and even though life can get tough just fight through it we all have to so your not alone.

May 16, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  41. sparky

Don't give up on your dreams and go for it.

May 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  42. Rachel

If you're still a sophmore or junior, don't stress about the small things like, "Who will my friends be, what I should DEFINITELY do." Think about WHO you want to be in the next five to ten years, where you can see yourself being. Your true friends will be there when you go away or stay at a close college. Enjoy your last year when you get to 12th grade, it's something that you are going to remember for the rest of your life. And trust me, don't skip out on opportunities like community service, volunteer jobs and full paying jobs. You're never too young to start saving your money for the future.

May 16, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
    • David

I concur with your points. Everytime I feel I an the only one in the environment to do the right thing, I make up my mind that I need to be an example, a model to them. In addition, I learn the theroy of Marcoeconomic that if you know the mistakes and don't correct it, you are irrational. I tell myself I don't want to be irrational. Therefore, I must do the right things even though the environment is opposite.

May 21, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  43. funsize

if you have all ready gone this far why not keep going and go to college because you get more job chooses going to college

May 16, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
  44. devon

Now that you have got an education you can do anything

May 16, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  45. Trevor

"Remember the past, live in the present, and look forwarder for whats to come."

May 16, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
  46. Isabell

I think that it would be good for high schoolers to go to college and to get a good education and to not make bad choices.

May 16, 2012 at 3:10 pm |
  47. Ayush

I think you should be yourself and do not let anyone take control of you. You should always do what you want to do. Do not let anyone stop you from achieving your dream. A word for the high school is try your best.

May 16, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  48. Diamond

The advice I have for the Class of 2012 is to be ready for what life throws at you. Theres going to be a lot of bumps in the road being in college but just stay positive. Keep on thriving to succeed in college and earn once more another diploma. So try hard and keep your head up high. Good luck to Class of 2012!

May 16, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
  49. Ahmad

Don't Cry because its over, smile because your future has Started.

May 16, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  50. Bill

Be the change that you want to see. The future belongs to those who prepare it!

May 16, 2012 at 3:37 pm |
  51. Yanitsha

No matter how hard it seems or how long it will take just follow your dreams. At the end, it'll be worth it.

May 16, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  52. Tristan

try your best and if you fail, just get back up to try again.

May 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  53. JUAN

i think that people should stay in high school because its better then college. and they could get a part time job. and you could stay home after school then relax then go to your part time job.

May 16, 2012 at 4:32 pm |
  54. Waleel

Congratulations to the graduating class of 2012. I hope you make your decisions wisely and do great in life. I would like to give advice to all high school students: never play around in high school, always get your work done and always go for your dreams. Never Give Up! I would like to also say to make good decisions when you get to college and make sure you do it in a way that won't get you in trouble.

May 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm |
  55. MICHAEL

I say to those high school graduates, go to college. To those college graduates, go get those careers you have always wanted. Congrats for accomplishing you schooling!!!

May 16, 2012 at 4:34 pm |
  56. kyle

What advice do i have HMMmmm? I have no advice because it's their own decision and not mine. Also im only a high school FRESHHHHHHHHH-MAN

May 16, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  57. Christina

I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! Follow your dreams. Don't let anything stop your dreams. If there is something stop your dreams don't stop move whatever that is stopping you and continue. Have a lovely life.

May 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  58. Sity

Congratulations and have a good life get a good job and have a good future!

May 16, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  59. holly

You should follow your heart, ignore peerpressure, and never let go of your dreams no matter how frivolous they seem.

May 16, 2012 at 6:39 pm |
  60. sandy

To the 2012 graduates my advice is to dont change u r mind in the last minute, and be positive in the goals that u chosed for the future.

May 16, 2012 at 6:42 pm |
  61. Ahmed

you should be happy for all the hard work you have done it may be hard but keep trying your hardest and you will succead no mader what.

May 16, 2012 at 6:43 pm |
  62. Marylou

Sure everyone says "go to college" but is that REALLY what YOU want? Think about it. There are some people that dream about owning an ice cream trucks. I'm not saying to ruin your life, just think about what YOU want in life( not your parents, even though sometimes you should listen to them)

May 16, 2012 at 6:44 pm |
  63. Ethan

I think that when seniors graduate that they should just be prepared for the world and that they should go to college because there is a lot more opportunities if they do.

May 16, 2012 at 6:48 pm |
  64. Sara

I really hope that you succeed to become a special career, like an engineer. You know that you can be the best!

May 16, 2012 at 6:50 pm |
  65. Josh

I think one they should focus on what the future will bring, it's their choices that will change our tommorow

May 16, 2012 at 6:59 pm |
  66. Alisha

I think they should put their minds to there college responsibilitys and they can acomplish anything they want to do in life.

May 16, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
  67. Tri-Minh

I think you should talk to your grade counselor and career center specialist. They are here to get you on time in graduation. Not only that, you should ask them to look for scholarship and possible discussion for college coursework. They have more experienced. But don't just talk to them. Talk to your parents. They can help you to reach your goal and career.

May 16, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
  68. Nicole

The advice I would give to the class of 2012 is, always remember who you are and where you came from. Live life to the fullest, but remember that your now an adult and have many more responsibilities. Achieve our dreams, and set goals for yourself to achieve. You have the rest of your life ahead of you, live it and love it!

May 16, 2012 at 8:33 pm |
  69. Kaylee

Graduates if you want to go to college dont listen to what other people say your doing what you like and all you have to do is be you and youll be on your way down the road of sucsess!!

May 16, 2012 at 8:47 pm |
  70. Evelyn

The advice i would give to a high school graduate is to keep it up and like why not go to college?right? if they went this far then they can go even further if they'd like. But if i were to be a student with these much opportunities of going to college i would take a chance yeah i would be all like yeah i already went to high school so why do i have to go to college? well i what i would say is i want a good education but i never got one and now that i am a mother i want my own kids to have a good education that's why they're going to college.. so guys and girls why not take a chance to go to college?

May 16, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
  71. Ashton

I think the people graduating should be happy. i hope they all have great futures. and that they all get to do what the belive in. and dont let anyone tell you different!

May 16, 2012 at 10:04 pm |
  72. Emily

For sure, you want to keep going like funsize above me right there. You will always make mistakes, just try not to go with the wrong crowd, don't do things your not proud of that can affect your grades.

May 16, 2012 at 10:13 pm |
  73. Neel

good luck and keep stuyding even after college!

May 16, 2012 at 10:37 pm |
  74. innis

Something high school students should have in mind is to do their best. WHY? Thats the question and the answer is the futere you could either become a millionare and be happy with your life or work ehind a fats food restraunt hating your job. So i hope you have dreams to accomplish

May 16, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  75. Shail

I think that you should tell them that their life can only get better. This will make them feel more optimistic about graduating from college.

May 16, 2012 at 11:15 pm |
  76. Katrina

My advice for the graduating class of 2012 is to make sure you pass your senior year so you can graduate, but before that, have three choices of colleges lined up or at least plans of what you want to do after high school.

May 16, 2012 at 11:19 pm |
    • Katie

This is great advice! I'll remember this when I am ready to graduate. Thanks!

May 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
  77. Luis

I would say to work hard and do all the stuff you do to get good education and be the best you can. WORK HARD

May 16, 2012 at 11:38 pm |
  78. Amber

My advice is to be efficent in every way and to appreciate the teachers you have, like my teacher, Ms. Barnett is an inspiration to me because she puts me out of my comfortzone and I hope your teachers are an inspiration to you too.

May 17, 2012 at 6:24 am |
  79. Ryan

Start planning where you are going to use your money and use it wisely.

May 17, 2012 at 6:37 am |
  80. Fred

Try and get a good job and lead yourself a good life

May 17, 2012 at 6:38 am |
  81. Ryan

Think where you will use your money and use it wisely

May 17, 2012 at 6:39 am |
  82. John

Seize the day and the awesome new stage in your life. Do not have a fishbowl vision (looking only to the present and only to your surroundings), but take chances to experience your dreams.

May 17, 2012 at 7:13 am |
  83. Delaney

Some advice I have for graduating students of 2012 is to look to the future. The mistakes that you made in high school are now behind you just look forward and keep going. Don’t let anything get in your way. We have grown up in a generation of education that generations before us never had. Take advantage of it and learn as much as you can. Don’t let education be your limit, let it be your opportunity.

May 17, 2012 at 9:10 am |
  84. Daiton

I think that it is great thing to have a famous person give the highs schoolers advice to go to collage. That is why it is great to have a famous person give you advice

May 17, 2012 at 10:04 am |
  85. ethan

My advice is to go and live life do what you want to do with life. It is yours so do what youve always wanted to.Live your life the best you can and have fun wile you can.

May 17, 2012 at 2:34 pm |
  86. cas

I would tell them that they did a good job and they worked hard for everything.I would tell them that a highschool degree is one step closer to a better job.And after that you can do anything you want to.

May 17, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  87. Faith

After you get out of high school what you should do is go to collage.If you go to collage you will get a better education and maybe have a better future. What you also should do is keep those grades up, because the better grades you have the better chance you will get into a good collage.

May 17, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  88. Adrienne

I would try to do my best in all of the subjects but math isnt a really good subject to me but its worth a good shot!! I cant wait for High school but thats 2 years away so gotta hit the bboks!! :D

May 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  89. Dillon

My advice for you graduates is that even tho im only in the sixth grade the first thing I would do is go to college and get a good job that will support me and my family.I suggest that this same thing will help you in college.Also do not get into drugs it will ruin yours and your families life.

May 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  90. ANOAH

After you go to though all the grades including high school. you should go to collage and get a education.then after you go to collage get a job.PS i have like 6 more years.

May 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  91. Melody

The only thing i have to say to the High School graguates id DO NOT mess up your life.. Try to make the best of what you can. Go to college, have a family, get a good job. My family has made its mistakes in life and i hope that does not happen to anybody else.. Good Luck

May 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  92. Samantha

My advice for a junior or a senior is always do your best because your almost done. Have fun for your last year or two years because we all want to get out of school but then when we're out we want to go back to school again. Make your ways right to be a good adult. Try to get good grades for the last years, and hopefully get your diploma to get a scholarship to whatever college you want to go to. Maybe hopefully get a little job to start out with in high school. That will lead you to a good road. Always do your best juniors and seniors!

May 17, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  93. Mikaylah

My advice for high schools going in to college is to have fun don't stress about going and leaving your family you should be happy for changing a school for after 4 years. Hopefully you get a scholarship but if not just get a job.Don't think just because your out of high school you can do drugs and get drunk at parties just walk away from people that do drugs.Plus sometimes you get time to go see your family but you probably will go to school for 4 more years. Then after college you can start your own little family.

May 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  94. Joshua

My advice to you is to go to the Marine Corp to be awsome. But that is my opinoin so do want you what ever you want.

May 17, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  95. Shannon

Advice I would have for graduating students is to always try your hardest, and attempt to have a kind heart. I would also say that they should help one another, and be mature from time tto time, and that there's a time to be serious, and not so serious. I would go on about how I hope they have a good, long life, and, at least they've made it this far, and how proud of them I was, and this school would surely miss them. "In conclusion," I would murmur into the microphone, once the blaring music has stopped, "You all know that now, you're life will become difficult, and you will probably struggle, and you realize, you aren't a little kid anymore. You are full adults, and you must prepare for your future. Thank you. See you around."

May 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  96. Josalynne

My advice for high school graduates is to enjoy your time in high school and college while you can.When you get out of high school I hope that you get a good scholarship and a good paying job.I also hope you get a passing G.P.A so that you can pass to go to college.

May 17, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  97. sarah

What advice I would give to a graduating student is to also tire there hardest.And never give up on what want to do in your life.

May 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  98. Alyssa

Remember your own goals and dreams and try your hardest to achieve them. Don't let others stand in the way of your own success!

May 17, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
  99. Lizzie

To the Class of 2012, I hope that you make the right choices while choosing the college you wish to go to and the career in which you choose to pursue. Good luck!

May 17, 2012 at 3:24 pm |
  100. Ella

Congratulations! You've already made it this far, so don't be hesitant to continue your life journey. Don't be afraid to follow your dreams! Good luck Class of 2012!

May 17, 2012 at 3:26 pm |
  101. Lizzie

May 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  102. Clarinesha

Be yourself and don't let any one bring you done. It dont matter what they say about you. You know yourself they don't so don't worry.

May 17, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  103. makayla

i would tell them that they can do anyrthing they set their minds to.that just because they are getting out of college dosent mean they can just give up.never give up.always keep looking ahead and trying!

May 17, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  104. Nicolette

I think if you try your best and push to your limits you will succeed in anything you do. Don't get caught up in your problems with friends or family because all that matters is you graduating.

May 17, 2012 at 6:59 pm |
  105. Ayush

There are 9 things that my school taught me: Honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, self-control, trustworthiness, determination, forgiveness, and last but not the least Fairness. And my advice for this year graduation students is to follow all of those character skills.

May 17, 2012 at 7:15 pm |
  106. CJ

I would say they should go to college and earn a diploma. After that, they should get a job where they can make a living out of it.

May 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm |
  107. Chase

Show the world who you really are, not someone else. If you like games, then play games don't try to act like a jock. Enjoy life, it is the best the world can give.

May 17, 2012 at 10:01 pm |
  108. Rahul

I would say to them Let your Passion be your Profession.

May 17, 2012 at 10:15 pm |
  109. Shelby

If you always tell the truth, you never have to rely on your memory.

May 17, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
    • Ariel

i agree to!!!!!!!!, if you lie you will be in big trouble that you face the consequences!!

May 23, 2012 at 12:28 pm |
  110. Allysa

congradulations on graduating, but let this be a reminder to always push yourself, so you can go on to do great things!

May 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
  111. Emily

HAVE FUN!! Enjoys the last bits of high school, and remember that at the 10 year high school reunion, nobody cares about the drama or clicks!

May 18, 2012 at 1:22 am |
  112. Erin

To all High School graduates or 2012. Don't do anything stupid. If you have a dream job or career, work towards it as much as you can because this will be the strongest point in time to do so.

May 18, 2012 at 7:33 am |
  113. christopher

i think to them it is time for collage

May 18, 2012 at 7:40 am |
  114. Brian

expect the unexpected

May 18, 2012 at 7:59 am |
  115. Brian

expect the unexpected.

May 18, 2012 at 8:00 am |
  116. jade

Do your best and go to collage! :)

May 18, 2012 at 8:24 am |
  117. Kathy

Just do your best in everything!! It would be better if you decide your dream-college.

May 18, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  118. Sammy

Everthing you learned here will aid you, not only in you job, but as a person. your friends here will be life long friends. Here you learned social skills and skills you will need to take care of your family.

May 18, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  119. Alfonso

The only advice I can give as a senior is to never let anything prevent you from reaching your goal in life. Always try your best, especially when something seems impossible because we are all capable of doing great things during these situations.

May 18, 2012 at 3:04 pm |
  120. Josie

i want to write. it's going to take a long time. if feel i can do it so can you.

May 18, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  121. Josephine

hey, i got a long way. i won't give up and neither should you.

May 18, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
  122. Britney

The real world is the same. just a little harder! dont stress just take things easy.

May 18, 2012 at 3:27 pm |
  123. Madeleine

My brother graduated last year. We were all surprised he had even graduated, but he did and the most amazing thing about it is when he got out of school he iddmettitly got a job and he didn't even go to collage and now... he still lives with us, so go to collage, just to get away from your folks.

May 18, 2012 at 6:34 pm |
  124. Jack

Always push your limits and stay organized, and never, EVER give up. ☺

May 18, 2012 at 8:03 pm |
  125. Dixie

Do what you judge as right, but do not forget to consider the advice of those around you.

May 18, 2012 at 11:31 pm |
  126. Tony

Do great at college and don't worry about being the most popular because which one would you rather a great job that pays alot or a piece of paper saying" most popular" academics are more important

May 19, 2012 at 12:45 am |
  127. sakurako

My advice is to decide how you want to be like in the future, and just keep trying to get closer to that image. And, keep in touch with your high school friends, because I'm sure they'll be there when you need them. Congratulations on graduation!!

May 19, 2012 at 9:20 am |
  128. Kennedy

My advice to you is don't let anything hold you back on doing what you want to do and living your dream.

May 19, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  129. Penny

Strive for your dreams. Never give up.

May 19, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  130. Kennedy

Don't let anything hold you back from you dreams.

May 19, 2012 at 10:46 am |
  131. Leanna

my advice is that you should do your best and keep on learning through your life.try your hardest to survieand you will suceed in life.

May 19, 2012 at 11:28 am |
    • Robert\

I agree with you because the graduates should get prepared for how their going to be successful and you'll be on the perfect

May 23, 2012 at 11:13 am |
  132. Natalie

i think they should think about what their goals for and go for that goal and keep their heads held high no matter what hapens in their lives

May 19, 2012 at 10:52 pm |
  133. Gary

Just be yourself and you will be alright.

May 19, 2012 at 10:53 pm |
  134. Santiago

I advise 2012 graduates to keep studying, and to try to keep learning, even if some are not going to college. Learning is very important in life, and one mistake many graduates make is thinking that because high school is over, so is the time to learn. That’s not true, and that’s why I advise 2012 graduates to keep learning.

May 20, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  135. NATALIE

You have always tried hard to achieve your goal and now you can this is your time to shine and get on with your life you can always do your best if you try! Keep moving on!

May 20, 2012 at 6:37 pm |
  136. Aly

If your a 2012 graduate then you should be proud that your finally graduating and going off to college

May 21, 2012 at 2:45 am |
  137. Aly

If your a 2012 graduate then you should be proud that your finally graduating and going off to college, but that doesn't mean you should stop studying. College is going to be fun if you study and work hard.

May 21, 2012 at 2:52 am |
  138. AJ

Get ready for the worst and the best. Dont let anyone bring you down and if someone picks on you or your friends dont be afraid to stand up for your friends and yourself but dont handle him in school just in case thing go down like fights. if he continues then you need to do something like talk to someone about it. Good luck high school was the best time in my school career. Have fun!!

May 21, 2012 at 9:40 am |
  139. Randi

Watch the economy! Just because you're going to an Ivy league school doesn't guarantee you a job... please, plan ahead!

May 21, 2012 at 10:37 am |
  140. martez

my advise to the graduating students is just keep up the good work in go to college and do what u was doing in highschool a good job and just keep your head up and pay attentention on what you was majoring for and that is my advice.

May 21, 2012 at 12:30 pm |
  141. Eternity

Stay strong and dont give up. Anything is possible if you just believe

May 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
  142. May

No matter how many success stories you hear about rich high school/college dropouts, you won't get anywhere without putting both feet forward and trying your best.

May 21, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  143. Angie

My advise to the class of 2012 is to keep striving to be your best. Keep doing what you love, and don't loose yourself when you get older. Just stay happy, and don't forget your teenage years!

May 21, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
  144. Emma

Keep studying, go all the way, pursue your dreams. You're already this far, so keep going!! By the way, CONGRATULATIONS!! for making it this far in the first place.
    Again, keep going!! You CAN do it!!

May 21, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
  145. Sarah

This advice applies to ALL students:
    In order to set good habits, I advise you to "act the the student you want to be."

May 21, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  146. Justin

My brother is graduating from high school and he is trying really hard and studying.

May 21, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  147. Cody

For my advise for the new raduates of 2012?
    I've to say to step your game up and don' let [ANYONE] get in the way of what your dream is.
    My Science teacher has a plack that says, "If you can dream it, you CAN do it." which i agree to it.
    If you want to show what you really want to do and can do, than do not give it up or stop. If you do, your putting your-
    self down which is negative to your emotional life.

May 21, 2012 at 6:15 pm |
  148. Anam

The essential part of life is learning and making a living with it. The best thing the 2012 graduates can do is go to college and start their new future from there.

May 22, 2012 at 7:35 am |
  149. Kain

Just use what you have learned. When you go to college it is just like school. No one tells you what to do you have to learn on your own. So when you go to college use all the advise you got during the years of school and you can do it!

May 22, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  150. Eclectic

I would say to that the class of 2012, Listen, listen to your friends who have gone before you, listen to your elders, listen to the big things and the small.

May 22, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
  151. Emily

You have to be careful to know what you get when you graduate college., because the world is now in your hands. And life doesn't give second chances.

May 22, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  152. Kelsi

I think that the class of 2012 should start focussing on college and their futures. You should take all the steps necessary to make sure you have a secure future, especially in our economy.

May 22, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
  153. Danny

Do well, have fun and be respectful in class. Decorate your learning with a great time. Try hard to participate, and don't feel afraid to step out the first leap. If you make mistakes, don't feel too miserable, because you can remind yourself never to make the mistakes again. Learn as much as you can, remember, there's no limit at learning.

May 23, 2012 at 8:42 am |
  154. Gabe

students should enjoy school and study hard and try their best

May 23, 2012 at 9:18 am |
  155. Robert

I agree because if the graduates prepare for their life and how they are going to live a successful life and be on the perfect poad to college.

May 23, 2012 at 11:15 am |
  156. Jorge

I recommend all high school graduates should have a high intelligent and superior academic technique in order to reach full responsibility of in the process of being an adult.

May 23, 2012 at 11:21 am |
  157. Morgan

My advice is to get involved in something you are interested in. Whether you plan on going to college, or not...it's important to find out what you are interested in, as a career.

May 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
  158. Daniel

Live your life to fullest and do what you love don't let anybody ever put you down!!

May 23, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
  159. Stephanie

Persue your dream. Go to college to gain more education. If your plan is not to go to college do what you got to do to live your life.

May 23, 2012 at 3:20 pm |
  160. NAKIA

i am a sixth grader that has been thruogh many things the best advice I have for you is to not to let others words mess up your day and bring you down. :) <3

May 23, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  161. NAKIA

just remember a dream will come and take you in

May 23, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  162. Lydaesia

My advise to all you 2012 graduates is to keep working hard and ammount up to something and i wish you all the best in life.

May 23, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  163. selena

GO TO COLLEGE. That would make your life so much better you could have a future. You have a bright future go into the light stay there. College would be hard but you've made it this far you know you can do it. SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE SENIORS

May 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  164. Harry

May 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
  165. Jorge

My advice to the graduating class of 2012 is to be yourself and to not let anybody else influence you.

May 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm |
  166. Reed

figure out what you might want to do for the rest of your life, and go to college
    live life to the fullest but don't forget to learn while doing so... knowledge truly is power.... the greatest and most effective power any person can attain

May 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
  167. Jamie

My advice would be for the grads to be thinking of their goals and dont let anything hold them back and go and do what they think is right and what they belive in.

May 23, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
  168. Bobby

Never give up and keep pushing through hard times, go after your dreams and live them.

May 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  169. matt

My advise is get a job and lower your ego because highschool was too easy on you.

May 23, 2012 at 4:16 pm |
  170. gonzalo

work hard

May 23, 2012 at 6:12 pm |
  171. Caitlin

Be yourself. You TOTALY make new friends doing that. My sister is in college and she has already made so many friends by just being herself

May 23, 2012 at 10:06 pm |
  172. Evelyn

My advise to graduates is, no matter what, you can always do something you just got to put your mind to it. Also you should keep studding, keep your grades up and always go for your goal and never give up.

May 24, 2012 at 8:31 am |
  173. timothy

i would tell him have fun and to live life to the fullest also make smart decision and think ahead before making the choice before you make it.

May 24, 2012 at 8:42 am |
  174. anesia

just keep studying. go to college and keep up your good work. be something of your self. im proud of the seniors of class of 2012. you guys made it through high school. even though it was probably difficult and hard you guys made it.

May 24, 2012 at 8:42 am |
  175. jena

my advice to seniors is. i hope you guys have a good life and stay strong and never give up do something in life.

May 24, 2012 at 8:44 am |
  176. Alyssa

Dont ditch school! keep going so you can graduate! study really hard and try to pass all your classes so you can get a good job.

May 24, 2012 at 8:45 am |
  177. Jules

Try your best and don't let anyone bring you down be positive about you believe in your self

May 24, 2012 at 9:18 am |
  178. Luis

remember kids stay in school if u get out of school take care some one u love dont mess up by using drugs thats bad trust me i went thougth that life it was mest up just stay in school kids dont drop out be smart have a good future.........

May 24, 2012 at 11:09 am |
  179. MO

You only get one chance, so have fun, try hard, and remember to make good decisions!

May 24, 2012 at 11:40 am |
  180. Galen

Go to collage so you get better education so you will make more money

May 25, 2012 at 10:09 am |