.
April 25th, 2012

Drunk Driving: Getting the Word Out

Thursday's show has a report about a teenager who turned to Facebook to raise awareness about drunk driving.  Her plea was reported in several other forms of media, from newspapers to TV.

How else could someone get the word out about drunk driving?  What's the most effective way you can think of?

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Jackson

My way I would try is to get it out by TV, Radio, Billboards. Youtube would also be great. Do what every you can to make a difference in the world for a better.

April 25, 2012 at 7:17 pm |
    • -u-

i would love to make this world a better place by stopping war and smoking,but the druck drive has to stop cause people get killed that way than any other thing.

April 30, 2012 at 12:32 pm |
      • Erika

i think drunk driving has to stop to it makes me sad when i see on the news that another person was drunk driving and hurt or killed someone

May 1, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
      • ben

i would try to get on a commercial, or get on twiter, start something at school.

May 1, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
    • Maddie

I would try to create a project to help stop people from drunk driving.

April 30, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
      • Akina

social media is the a good way to spread the word. especially to teens, so using Facebook and Twitter to spread the word could be more effective than a school project. what do you think?

May 3, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
    • Terrelyn

I know a lot of kids use this girls story, Kelli Laine Lewis. she has a good myspace, youtube & facebook called "Kelli's Law". the other thing we need to do is write our government and demand change! stiffer penalties do not work and by then usually someone is already dead! there are ways to prevent drunk driving but our government turns a blind eye because so much money is made (and given) for the government from DUI's. the DUI defense attornies are the ones running the show. seek change & you will see what i mean.

May 1, 2012 at 4:22 am |
  2. Monica

It's terrible how huge the numbers are of people dying because of drunk driving. What she is doing is great. I think she should spread the word even more by making a website all about the consequences of drunk driving and what others sacrifice because of it.

April 25, 2012 at 7:58 pm |
  3. Fred

I think that it was smart to turn to facebook.
    I would have probaly put up a video on youtube.
    I'm not as smart as her though.

April 25, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
  4. Joe

During a public event stage a performance in the background of a drunk driving incident. Such as having someone crash their car during a 4th of july pretending to be drunk and then the police take him/her away. Then someone tells the people it was staged.

April 25, 2012 at 8:32 pm |
  5. Chris

Technology is a big part of daily life, so an effective way to spread awareness would be to post a video on youtube. Millions of people go on youtube, so word would spread quickly.

April 25, 2012 at 8:46 pm |
  6. Trent

It's not about how you get the word out, it's why its important. If people realize that drunk driving is a problem we wouldn't need to raise awareness in the first place.

April 25, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
  7. danny

i think someone should put something on a social network or something like that

April 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm |
  8. Mikayla

You can encourge kids that drinking and driving is bad for you.

April 25, 2012 at 9:11 pm |
  9. Robert

I think the most effective way to get the word out about the dangers of drunk driving is by using facebook. Facebook has been extremely helpfull in the past. Such as last year when the people of Egypt used facebook to gather support for the rebellion there.

April 25, 2012 at 9:12 pm |
  10. Santiago

People can get the word out about drunk driving awareness by collecting data about the issue, and presenting it to as many people as possible. Via Twitter, Facebook, asking their teachers to show their students and/or parents. I insist the data is very important because it shows just how much this happens, and how serious it can get.

April 25, 2012 at 9:49 pm |
  11. Johnson

I think that the teenager is suppose to tell people not to be drunk while driving because once you crash your car then that is over. Also you have to go to jail and you have to own money too

April 25, 2012 at 9:50 pm |
  12. Alissa

At your school you could talk to your school in your auditorium about the importance of stopping drunk driving. Or simply, you could put up posters around your neighborhood or school (with permission).

April 25, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  13. Gwen

I think that people should not be drunk while driving. Like my dad, for example. He didn't get an accident if he wasn't drunk. It's really serious to have an accident. So don't drive when you're drunk!

April 25, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
  14. giovanni

by telling the person thats drunk if they need a taxi to take them home or even tell them to sleep ata hotel or to sleep at your house or take him home

April 25, 2012 at 10:06 pm |
  15. Ericka

The way you can get the word out about drunk driving take 1 or 2 hours a day gathering or research some stories about drunk driving and spread the word out. When people realize the negative consequences about drunk driving they will realize this is real and I could seriously could get hurt or killed they will get the point and stop putting their and other people lives in danger.

April 25, 2012 at 10:34 pm |
  16. Casey

If I were Breann, I would have a blog and with the money that you get from the blog, for charity donations, I would put ads out all over famous websites (like Yahoo, Google, and CNN.com).

April 25, 2012 at 11:06 pm |

I think the best possible way to get the word out is to go viral. Make commercials that show how you feel about drunk driving. You can use YouTube, Facebook, or even e-mails.

April 25, 2012 at 11:25 pm |

I think how to raise awareness for drunk driving is by starting a club at your school, putting up posters, have daily assemblies, start fundraisers and earn money for the ones that have been killed or injured in a drunk driving accident. I think that what after happened to the little girl was devasting I almost cried when I heard bout her on CNN student news!

April 25, 2012 at 11:26 pm |
  19. Kristin

Well I think the best way to tell everyone is to make a video about it and then putting it on air or some where a ton of people will see it

April 25, 2012 at 11:40 pm |
  20. Han Jung

There is a junior around me, who just had a car accident.
    He is ok now, but it took over 6 month to recover.
    However, he is the lucky one!! Because he had the chance to recover!!
    After I saw the junior, I have to say that car accident is really scary.
    I can't even imagine this kind of thing happens on me and my family!
    So, please, stop drunk driving!!
    Drunk driving will increase the risk of car accident.
    It not only endanger your life ,but also others life!!!
    you could ruin the life of you, victim and two families!!
    So, just stop drunk driving!!

April 26, 2012 at 12:57 am |
  21. Tri-Minh

I think it would be best idea if the one can teach young teenangers to learn about dangerous hazards on driving before they can get their driver license. THey will not get their licenses if they understand completely, 110%.

April 26, 2012 at 1:39 am |
  22. Page

KONY 2012 was very popular, in the US and the UK. Getting the word out in an informational video similar to KONY will definitely raise awareness, as something like that is too hard to ignore. People will spread the word, and before you know it, everyone is talking about it.

April 26, 2012 at 3:01 am |
  23. Carrie

A lot of people are affected by drunk driving, but put in the shadows of more "important" things. We should have rememberence day walk for all of the families that were affected by these types of accidents, so that onlookers can realize how many people can be affected when people drink and drive.

April 26, 2012 at 4:01 am |
  24. Alissa

I think that the way Breanne is getting the word out is a really great way, but another way could be to start a campaign against drunk driving, and we could even have a march for people who have been affected by drunk driving. For all people; those who killed someone and those who lost someone. We could even get people in all different states to do it at the same day, or time.

April 26, 2012 at 4:03 am |
  25. Cassidy

The most effective way I would get the word out would be by making people stop a second and think. I would find a way to touch them personally. By talking about a young child who was sitting in the back seat and unexpectingly see his/her life before their eyes by a drunk driver. The way i would do this would be by covering my school with flyers. On the flyers it would tell a short story about a loss in a family due to drunk driving.

April 26, 2012 at 4:03 am |
  26. Patrick

The thing that makes stopping drunk driving difficult is that those who are already breaking the laws won't stop if you tell them to. Unless the youth is thouroughly convinced not to participate then there will still be large amounts of people driving drunk. The best way to prevent it is probably to have tighter laws and regulations on drunk driving that could be brought about by petitions.

April 26, 2012 at 4:04 am |
  27. Zachary

I think they should have police at the exit of bars so that they could use breathalyzers to see if they are okay to drive or not. If they are to dangerous to drive they should rent hotel rooms for them and when they get their minds straight they could pay for the rent and go home. Then maybe people would think twice before drinking.

April 26, 2012 at 4:05 am |
  28. HannahJayne

I think that what this girl is doing is great and is spreading awareness of this horrible problem, but the thing is, is that when I watched cnn student news today, it was the first time I've heard of this family and what happened, so I think people on facebook or any other social networking websites should share this video to raise more awareness.

April 26, 2012 at 4:05 am |
  29. katherine

Drunk driving is widely understood to be risky and dangerous, but not only to the driver and passengers but also to other people on the road, including drivers and pedestrians. If you kill someone while driving under the influence you wont be able to live with yourself. You shouldnt do something risky, such as DUI, without knowing you can live with yourself afterwards.

April 26, 2012 at 4:06 am |
  30. Hayden

I think the drunk driving awarness is a good thing. A way to get out the word it to put it on popular channels on TV shows or on comercials and they should put it on foods like a milk carton and also hand out free braclets.

April 26, 2012 at 4:10 am |
  31. Adrienne

Drunk driving is a terrible thing and people could lose lives. There should be more cops around or people who actually care about people getting hit by drunk drivers and tell the cops.

April 26, 2012 at 4:26 am |
  32. Adrienne

Answer: Do what people did about Kony 2012. Make drunk driving famous. Show people alll around the world what will happen and what could happen. Posters, blogs, news (tv), news (newspaper), campaign against drunk driving in every major city.

April 26, 2012 at 4:34 am |
  33. Todd

I think we could get drunk driving out by using billboards, on the sides of buses and other things that the public see.

April 26, 2012 at 7:15 am |
  34. SaraH

i think we can put posters up and just go to meetings and tell teens and adoults about how dangerous driveing while drunk is.

April 26, 2012 at 8:08 am |
  35. Ben

Getting the word out about drunk driving shouldn't just be a Facebook or Twitter conversation. Drunk driving is a serious issue today, and in order to prevent it, you need to educate the people most likely to drive drunk in the future. That means educating students in 8th, 9th, or even 10th grade, especially in poorer areas of the country.

April 26, 2012 at 8:52 am |
  36. Delaney

What this girl is doing is a brilliant idea. People should support her cause and what she’s doing about it. Another way to get your cause out there is to be persuasive in whatever you do. Show people that you care and do something that would grab someone’s attention. If you do something with passion and love and you show it to everyone then you’ll have some supporters.

April 26, 2012 at 9:12 am |
  37. sameer

I Think Another Way To Get The Word Out On Drunk Drivng Is To make It A Trendeing Topic On Twitter

April 26, 2012 at 9:18 am |
  38. Cameron

I would say the Internet would be a good idea, because it is easier to put it up there and you can do it in many differnt ways

April 26, 2012 at 9:23 am |
  39. Sarah

Social media and television. They should attach breathalizers to every car so you can't start it if your're above the legal limit.

April 26, 2012 at 9:24 am |
  40. Nicholas

Facebook or YouTube would help because the younger people use these and they are the ones who should be warned since they are gonna be the ones who are driving next.

April 26, 2012 at 9:24 am |
  41. Delaney

I think the best way to get this out, or the most effective way would be Facebook or Youtube. On Facebook and Youtube, things can go viral, where people can repost the video and other things like that so more and more people see it.

April 26, 2012 at 9:24 am |

I think all of the cars should have the sensors that you breathe on and it tells you if you're drunk or not. These would be really effective and the drunk driving accidents would probably decrease.

April 26, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  43. Justin

I think the most effective way to get the word out about drunk driving is to use social media and youtube because that's how most people now get their news and that's how most people will see something important.

April 26, 2012 at 9:25 am |
  44. Leticia

i think that the another way is to make posters, and flyers to hang everywhere. i also think that trying to get on the news, or the today show would help raise awarness about drunk driving and how it effects families.

April 26, 2012 at 9:26 am |
  45. Saidurga

In my opinion I think that there should be some safety protection on drunk driving like probably having a sober person as a driver...maybe there could be a number thet you could call when your drunk to have someone pick you up and drop you at home...there are also many new devices out there that people can use to drive...

April 26, 2012 at 9:26 am |
  46. Gabriel

Drunk Driving is a serious topic every parent should talk to their teen about. I believe that video on facebook won't get far it will just get her fame. The only good way to spread the word about drunk driving is through parents. If a person's parent drinks the teen will drink and drive. I also believe teens get their influence through adults. The National and State governments need to try and crack down on drunk driving. They could do this by making camera's that detect drunk driving. How that would happen is if the car is swerving or veering to a certain way it notify's the police's dispatcher and a policeman goes after them.

April 26, 2012 at 9:27 am |
  47. Sofia

The best thing to do would either be put a video on youtube or on any type of social network. That would be the best chance of making a vidoe to stop drunk driving go viral, if a video showed somene who survived a drunk driving accident and interveiw them on how they felt after getting hit by a drunk driver or loseing someone dear to them because of the carelessness of a dunk driver

April 26, 2012 at 9:27 am |
  48. Keaton

As everyone knows. Drunk driving is bad. What would make someone drive while being drunk anyway? To help stop this I think we should show tragic accidents on the internet such as facebook, and youtube. Showing this could change perspectives on people who drink. Also, showing what life is in prison after you killed someone could change there perspective also. To help stop this I say make videos and inform people the facts and stuf about drunk driving. Like how often it happens.

April 26, 2012 at 9:27 am |
  49. Caitlynn

Students could make posters about the tragic results of drunk driving and then hang them in local businesses and stores.

April 26, 2012 at 9:28 am |
  50. flynn

all across the sky from a plane you could spell NO DRUNK DRIVING!!!!!!!
    that i think would help.

April 26, 2012 at 9:49 am |
  51. Matthew

I think she did every thing in her power to warn about the dangers of drunk driving. I think she did an excellent job and i think most people will agree with me.

April 26, 2012 at 9:51 am |
    • Matthew

My Mom was in a car crash with a drunk driver.

April 26, 2012 at 9:55 am |
  52. Jaehoon

I am a Police officers from South Korea. Our police has been fighting against Drunk Driving and now getting success gradually. Three pillars are important factors. One is Strong Law Enforcement, which come in effect as fear. Second is Education, which forms social consensus that drunk driving is a serious crime. Third is using financial burden(night bus or parking fees, congestion fees), which makes people not to take a car when drinking. First two are what Korea National Police do everyday and last one is I've got to know in London by interviewing people!

April 26, 2012 at 9:59 am |
  53. Abby

I think a great way that is effective to stop drunk driving is to show people who do it all the things that happen when you drunk drive. When there is an accedent like the one shown on Thursday, they should keep the wreakage, and for every single accedent do the same thing. Afterwards, they interview the people who we in the accedent, the people who are inocent and see how they feel about thier ether injured or lost family or friends. Then put it in a movie and BAM! Everyone will see how it looks, how it feels to be in an accedent wit a drink driver, and so forth. In result, drunk divers will think twice about drunk driving, than not thinking at all.

April 26, 2012 at 12:07 pm |
  54. Torrie

I think that we should target schools and the kids in highschool as well as new drivers because those are the highest percentage of automobile crashes and drug/alcohol abuse. I think we need to show teens the real heartbreaking and devestating affects that drinking alone has on people and society especially combined with drugs and alcohol. Although the adults are just as impostant to target as well.. most addictions are too far beyond reasoning or a simple talk. Targeting the kids will be the most effective because we are the future.

My father died in an ATV accident in early March from his alcohol addiction and his destructive decisions to drink and drive. He had four DUI's and still refused to stop, his addiction consumed him completely. I empathize with everyone who has been the victim of drunk driving and their consequenses. i think we can make an impact.

April 26, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  55. Jaymie

There are many ways to prevent drunk driving, you just have to be creative. Offer the drinker a ride home, or post on Facebook page that you will be a sober driver and are willing to drive people home. Technology is a huge thing now, so any use of technology to get the word out to not drink and drive is a very effective method. An eye opener for me personally was witnessing it firsthand and having someone close to me pass away; I will never drink and drive.

April 26, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  56. Jaymie

There are many ways to prevent drunk driving; you just have to be creative. Offer the drinker a ride home, or post on Facebook page that you will be a sober driver and are willing to drive people home. Technology is a huge thing now, so any use of technology to get the word out to not drink and drive is a very effective method. An eye opener for me personally was witnessing it firsthand and having someone close to me pass away; I will never drink and drive.

April 26, 2012 at 1:21 pm |
  57. Trinity.

To have stores put leaflets in bags with purchased alcohol reminding them to drink responsibly

April 26, 2012 at 1:29 pm |
  58. Noah

I think we should raise money so that companies can make more commercials about the dangers of drunk driving.

April 26, 2012 at 2:05 pm |
  59. Molly

Make shirts to spread the word about drunk drinking – STOP DRUNK DRIVING!

April 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  60. our class

We could have more officers patrolling the highways, specifically looking for drunk drivers. Create an organization run by Students Against Drunk Driving- SADD. More advertisements that take a stand against drunk driving placed along highways.

April 26, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  61. Kyle

Have more cops on the road and more checkpoints or hold a class for teen drivers to show what could happen if you do.

April 26, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
  62. Jason

They need to show a movie like bully to the kids when they get before they get there license.

April 26, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
  63. Jesse

One way to get the word out to the kids that are still in school would be to have an assembly about it. Our school not too long ago had an assembly that was for texting and driving; they had showed how a very touching video about 4 people that have been in accidents because of texting simple words like lol. They also had games that show how much it impairs your vision to be texting while driving. After the game and the video they asked us if we would all sign a pledge to not text and drive we every single kid in our school signed including teachers. I believe if you can get the kids to promise not to do it, it can influence the parents and more people in the community that it’s an issue and needs to be noticed.

April 26, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
  64. Adiel

I think we should put a more serious punish for drunk drivers. If we do they'll think twice before doing it.

April 26, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  65. antonio

like for real man wear was u last night u picks somebody up and somebody gets killed man this is stupid my grandpa died cuse of this stuff if u cant hold control of or licker or bar dont drink man.

April 26, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  66. antonio

some one can get a news cruw or on youtube or all the new things u kid make in the days

April 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  67. kennedy

you can make page telling facts about drunk driving on social media because theres a fact that says, Understand that the word "drunk" means being visibly impaired, such as staggering, slurring speech, etc.

April 26, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  68. Colleena

I Agree To Post It On A Social Network. You Could Probaly Make Pictures And Let It Spread Around. Maybe Some New Laws On A drunk Driving. Because Usually It Spreads Around Fast And People Get Aware About It Right Away.

April 26, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  69. Shawntez

The Reason Why I Think People Should Stop Drunk Driving Cause One person is killed every half-hour due drunk driving and Passing laws that prohibit open containers in public places. Some states also have laws that prohibit open containers in cars. Whether or not these types of laws have prevented drunk driving is actually difficult to know

April 26, 2012 at 3:52 pm |
  70. Justiana

I honestly think the best way to aware people about drunk driving is, to start a fundraiser about teenagers who lost their lives of a drunk driver. Start going to communities and talking to high school and make sure that they understand going behind a driver wheel drunk can cost you and some one else live.

April 26, 2012 at 3:54 pm |
  71. Shemar

I Would Put A BIG BANNER On The Side Of The Highway & Explain It So Good That People Would Stop DRIVING DRUNK!

April 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  72. Nehemiah

alcohol should not be banned only ten percent of car accident is because drunk driving 51 percent is because of non drunk driving mostly on the weekends.

April 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  73. lillian

people should march, people should ban drinks until 6pm so the tragedy can be prevented a little. most accidents happen during the night

April 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  74. Zuzan

You could make posters or pictures and put it every where
    and get on more social network and make some video on it

April 26, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
  75. sofia

people can try emailing people about it. My sister was in a car accident, and i emailed people to help me to get the word about drunk driving,

April 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm |
  76. Audrey

Putting up signs and showing how many people have been or have yet to been killed in car accidents. Stopping drunk driving would help many families in many ways 🙂

April 26, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  77. Monica

Drunk driving is very dangerous. One day it could be you or your neighbors or somebody else. We need to stop drunk driving!

April 26, 2012 at 4:36 pm |
  78. colton

I think it is not right when people drive drunk they should get a cab or stay where they are when drunk.

April 26, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  79. lukas

you could tell how much pain people go through when they have lost someone because of drunk driving.And imagine that was you pleading for help because some you loved dearest to you died

April 26, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  80. Kaytlynn

you can make a blog about it, were kids thats had this happen to them can talk to other kid just like them i know it is easy to

April 26, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
    • Kaytlynn

talk to people who had it happen to them to

April 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  81. Audrey

I think they should definitely get the word out about this. Many people watch TV so putting the word on TV shows or even commercials could help.

April 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  82. cambria

Another possible way is holding things after school,your school to have an assembly,Spend a lot of time somewhere with some other people who could get the word out. Possibly,even have people go around handing out flyer's letting people you don't even spread the word.

April 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  83. Alaina

People who want to get the word out can form a group and go to other schools to talk about how bad it is and the affects. They could put posters and banners around. And just spread the word wherever they can.

April 26, 2012 at 4:39 pm |
  84. Miya

I think you can pass the word around by going to high schools talking to adults about it anything just to get it out there sure there are some people who just think oh i can drink and drive its a free country but one day the might kill someone/them and they will see how its wrong

April 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  85. sarah

i think we should in stead of Breathalyzers we should get something that isn't such hassle and easy to use.like little scanners that is on your steering wheel and thy scan your fingers and they don't let you drive if u drank...

April 26, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
  86. Marisol

I can't really think of another way to spread the word about drunk driving.It's never going to stop there are some really selfish people out there that don't care.They would do anything for alcohol.

April 26, 2012 at 4:42 pm |
  87. tristin

i think if you wont drunk driving to stop then u should have the bars close at a certain time and let people stay for like a hour so they don't drink that much . and u should not let them drink over 10.

April 26, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  88. Nate

I think that people should use the news, newspapers, social media and you tube to get the word out

April 26, 2012 at 4:44 pm |
  89. Luis

The most effective way is to probably start a petition and get people to sign if they want to stop it.

April 26, 2012 at 4:45 pm |
  90. Eric

I think what would be a effective way is to limit the alcohol thats being sold in a gas station.

April 26, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
    • Donald

I think that is correct because any one that may buy beer for the gas station is going to want to drink it on there way to a place . But that is not fair to any body that could get hurt from the driver or in the worst cause die it is just plain wrong.

April 30, 2012 at 9:11 am |
  91. christopher

drunk driving is bad when you are in the car because it will cause you to get hurt

April 26, 2012 at 4:47 pm |
  92. Julie

Drunk driving is not OK, It needs to be more noticed in all the states if we want it to stop. It will save lives, Family, and maybe even you.

April 26, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
  93. Krystal

The most effective way to get the word out about drunk driving is commercial, advertising, passing out fliers to people, word of the mouth, protesting, news, and the most popular source of all the enternet.

April 26, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  94. Cody

With the internet we can create pages and blogs to warn people about the danger of drunk driving and the terrible consequences they can create

April 26, 2012 at 5:19 pm |
  95. abby

The way she shows that she cares is awesome. Education is valuable especially in stuff like drunk driving. Drunk driving kills so many people killed a year. It's so amazing how she educates people about it.

April 26, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  96. Daniel

I say the best way to spread the word IS through Twitter and Facebook because nowadays people spend their time on online social media

April 26, 2012 at 5:34 pm |
  97. Sean

Start educating people before the get thier license

April 26, 2012 at 5:37 pm |
  98. Paige

I think the most effictive way of getting the word around is telling people. Just like Kony 2012. No one really knew about it tell it spread around like a virus. People posted, talked, and even posted papers around town. The key is really spreading the word.

April 26, 2012 at 5:44 pm |
  99. Brittani

I think the internet. So many people go on computers now a days, if I posted a video on public page, it would be sure to go viral!

April 26, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  100. mario

you can tell people on twitter make videos about it in youtube to tell to tell people about drunk driving and dont do it

April 26, 2012 at 6:04 pm |
  101. Jessica

I know that this plan needs a lot of money to do it, but I think the teen could ride her personal blimp of plane that is decorated with the message she wants to deliver. Then she could travel around the world. Now everyone will know that.

April 26, 2012 at 6:05 pm |
  102. Jocelyn

The media is pretty much the best option we have. Since the media is so big now, and everybody is constantly hearing what there is on it, we should all get the word out on the internet ASAP. Starting with the bigger sites like youtube, facebook, twitter and google. I have seen and felt how bad it is to loose someone in a drunk driver accident.

April 26, 2012 at 6:16 pm |
  103. Emily

Most people watch tv,so i think the best way is to make advertisements on television

April 26, 2012 at 6:52 pm |
  104. Omijoy

Drunk driving is a very serious issue that has a great impact or affect on society. The best way to spread the word about drunk driving is through social networking sites such as Facebook or twitter. It's the most effective way because majority of the nation devotes a mass amount of time on the internet. So when a controversial thing pops up – caring people spread the word, and before you know it almost everyone will know about it. It is almost like a virus.

Other ways to educate the public about drunk driving is by holding a walk to raise awareness, like a march. It will be like MLK did back in the day when he was fighting for African American equality.

April 26, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
  105. Abi

drunk driving is a big deal because every day people get injured and even die by being in accident... my cuzin died at age of 17 by being killed in a accident by being hit by a drunk drive.

April 26, 2012 at 7:08 pm |
  106. Cooper

You can get the word out by almost anything. From clothes to driving messages on the side of a bus. But to tell friends is the best way because they can help you get the word out the public because they care about you and your family.

April 26, 2012 at 7:22 pm |
  107. Patrick

okay well I think it is unfair to those who got in a car crash because of someone else's "mistake" I think we should pass a law that restricts the drunk driving more seriously

April 26, 2012 at 7:23 pm |
  108. Kennedy

You could get the word out by spreading it on the Internet. ith techonology having such a big effect on people these days, why not use it to get out the positive message?

April 26, 2012 at 7:27 pm |
  109. Kennedy

You could get the word out by spreading it on the Internet. With technology having such a big effect on people these days, why not use it to not only spread a positive message, but possibly save a person's life?

April 26, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
  110. Christopher

In order to stop drunk driving, police officers may need to take away the driver's liscens for life. I know if you get 3 tickets, you loose your liscens. But drunk driving already equals 3 tickets because it can kill someone.

April 26, 2012 at 7:43 pm |
  111. Sam

There are many ways to end drunk driving. But first, i believe that you need to raise awareness in adults. Then, i believe you need to target the younger generation. Some ways to do this would include publicly speaking about the problem. It would probably be best if you could somehow get somebody who has driven drunkly, and then have them talk about their experience with driving drunk. That would be the best way to get the message out.

April 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm |
  112. Jared

I think a great way could be to make a youtube video with a link to a website about drunk driving sort of like the Kony video.

April 26, 2012 at 7:52 pm |
  113. Quillen

i think that you can help or even stop drunk driveing by haveing a banquet or a group meeting so people in your commuity can spread the word

April 26, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
  114. Glennon

It was a good idea to use videos to get the word out but you have to go beyond Facebook and post on as many websites as you can to reach out to as many people as you can.You have to touch them with your videos and gain support from your peers you might even convince some people to give up their alcoholism after hearing your story about losing someone because of alcohol.

April 26, 2012 at 7:54 pm |
  115. Spencer

I think that you should put this on TV Newspapers or anything that can send a message saying "STOP DRUNK DRIVING"

April 26, 2012 at 8:07 pm |
  116. Kelly

I think ways to get the word out on drunk driving would be to put it on car commercials. When people aren't driving, a good chunk of people are watching T.V. Because car commercials take up most of the commercial time, warning people on the dangers of drunk driving could easily get the word out.

April 26, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
  117. KaileyMichelle

I think if you put awareness on billboards like you see going down the interstate that could raise awarenes to the people driving. Also if you could possibly hold town hall meetings that would tell the people in charge that drunk driving is an issue in that town, that needs to be stopped.

April 26, 2012 at 8:18 pm |
  118. Thomas

Maybe they could use twitter or send letters on Gmail to stop drunk driving.

April 26, 2012 at 8:27 pm |
  119. Olu

Well i think the most effective way to get the awareness out about drunk driving is talking to your principles about them setting pep rallies to raise awareness

April 26, 2012 at 8:37 pm |
  120. irene

they could get the word out by making posters...like they had done for kony! They should also make a program or a website saying maybe stuff about how this stuff can be really serious!

April 26, 2012 at 8:42 pm |
  121. jonathan

Ifeel bad for her... and that is why i think she should always keep doing this, "stop drunk driving," and prayers...for her sister!:(

April 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm |
  122. Meggan

The fastest way to get the word out is definetly by social media. These days it's really common for people over 13 to have a facebook account. Other ways you could get the word out about drunk driving are having communtiy rallies, sending information cards in the mail, emailing facts froman article to friends, opening an organization about drunk driving prevention and how you can help people struggling to overcome alcoholism. It's really cool to work and brainstorm ideas to make every community safe from drunk drivers.

April 26, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
  123. Kasey

I would start blog, or create a program that prevents drunk driving.

April 26, 2012 at 9:02 pm |
  124. Ernan

i THINK DRUNK DRIVING IS A DUMB THING TO DO EVEN WHEN SOMEONE KNOWS THEY ARE GOING TO DRIVE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT DRINK

April 26, 2012 at 9:03 pm |
  125. myar

i think its spomthing to worry about cause it kills people thats ho a lot of people die and its agenst the law

April 26, 2012 at 9:10 pm |
  126. Mesa High School

I would put on every empty billboard I see I will have it say "NO DRINKING AND DRIVING!!!!!!"

April 26, 2012 at 9:15 pm |
  127. Aleczander

People could tell relatives that drink to not drive after drinking and have alcohol companies make ad campaigns warning about the bad uses of driving under influence.

April 26, 2012 at 9:31 pm |
  128. johanna

i never liked drunk drivers becuase thr=ey always end up in a car crash:D

April 26, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
  129. Mikayla

Getting students at your school involved is a great way to both give them an understanding of the affect drunk driving has on others, and make sure that it doesn' t happen in the future.

April 26, 2012 at 9:43 pm |
  130. Caleb

I think there will always be drunk driving. But I think if you are going someplace to drink and you have to take a car home then you should have another driver that you know won't get drunk to bring you home more safely. And that will help the safety of others.

April 26, 2012 at 9:46 pm |
  131. Kayla

Let people know your expirience with a drunk driver who affected your or another's life! Let them know that it is dangerous and they can easily also be a victom. Don't let anyone get away with it! If you see a drinker under age, report it!!!!

April 26, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  132. Kayla

Kepp up the good work!!! Tell people drunk driving is wrong!!! You go girl!!

April 26, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
  133. Ethan

If it were me trying to raise awareness about drunk driving, I would turn to the movie theater. People always go to the movies! It'll also even be raise awareness to a variety of people including children, teens, and adults. Think of how many millions of people would know the dangers of drunk driving. Thats a lot of people! If we act now, then many lives will be saved all over the country, maybe even all over the world. The world would just be a better place.

April 26, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
  134. Garrett and Carly

We live in a world that revolves around social media. So many people check Facebook and emails and TV, that it makes social media the best way to communicate an important and vital message like the horribleness of drunk driving.

April 26, 2012 at 10:16 pm |
  135. Sarah

To make a difference- you should start small. If I was Bree Ann, i would make a small announcement in school, then maybe ask my city to support me, then maybe the word wold spread. Eric Dompierre is a high school-er with down syndrome who is not allowed to play on his high school sports teams because he was held back in elementary school. Now- he has gathered lots of support from people around the country. (there is a t-shirt dedicated to him and tons of people have signed a pledge.) Maybe Bree Ann could do the same thing...

April 26, 2012 at 10:16 pm |
  136. Russell

I personally think that social media is the beat way to get the message out, but there are ways like raising money and making books. (Works best for pro writers). Well as I said I think being social is the best way to stop drunk driving. I really think everybody should put an effort into stopping drunk driving because I felt really sympathetic for that family and how the girl died.

April 26, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
  137. Noah

I think they could do commercial and but up billboards to show that drunk driving is bad. You could also interview a family that had a member of their family killed in drunk driving and let them explain the pain on them and what you could do to help change people minds about not drinking while driving.

April 26, 2012 at 10:36 pm |
  138. Livija

I think just going outside make posters and protest and tell the world!!!!!!!!

April 26, 2012 at 11:01 pm |
  139. Emily

Two other way you can spread the word is you can use your cellphone and text your friends about it and have them text it to one of there friends. Anther way is if you have a computer you can email it to your friends and have them email it to there friends and have them do the same thing over again.

April 26, 2012 at 11:10 pm |
  140. Nathan

the best way i wold say to do it is go through facebook or other media websites, have the middle school and high schools do a program that shows the dangers of drung driving. maybe doing some thing in the schools with early prevention will help. also go though the news papers will help. show stats about it. i agree with her. it is a problem with america. another way would make them pay more fines and longer time is jail

April 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm |
  141. Jesus

Getting the word out about drunk driving can be as simple as putting pictures with their testimonials about an accident people have seen or experienced, or as detailed on having expos about it and fundraisers.

April 26, 2012 at 11:34 pm |
  142. Jonathan

I think that spreading the word about drunk driving on Facebook is an excellent way to let many people know about the problem, as there are 900 million people on Facebook. However, we can't stop there, perhaps you could also start a petition in your community to convince government to make drunk driving rules more strict and more enforced. This way, you could raise awareness and make a difference.

April 26, 2012 at 11:42 pm |
  143. Gage

The girl was right; I personally believe that driving drunk is very dangerous and that the police should pay more attention to drunk drivers because they're more likely to get in a wreck.

April 27, 2012 at 12:25 am |
  144. melisa

the most effective media i can think of to spread the word about drunk driving is through school presentations. the presentaions should be led by teenagers who have experienced some type of automobile accident because of driving while drunk. these young adults are the perfect media to tells about their story and how lucky they are to be alive. their testimonies will encourage others to think twice when consuming alcohol or drive under the influence.

April 27, 2012 at 1:56 am |
  145. Ryan

All the times in jail was ineffective, so you should make the punishments more harsh

April 27, 2012 at 3:06 am |
  146. Seth

Drunk driving is a discion that you will regret for the rest of your life. People get drunk because they think that it's cool nothing will happen. What really happens is that the driver gets into a crash and it could get servere.

April 27, 2012 at 4:05 am |
  147. Brian

Take a child to a funeral of someone who was killed in a alcohol-related auto accident. The solution to distracted and drunk driving: just don't text, don't eat, don't drink. It's that simple.

April 27, 2012 at 6:29 am |
  148. Kyra

To raise drunk driving awareness, people should have commercials about it and sports teams should have a logo.

April 27, 2012 at 7:04 am |
  149. Geoffry

Sticking a sign right on the hood of random cars parked on the street. This way we eliminate there distractions and destroy their car. They learned their lesson and their car was destroyed.

April 27, 2012 at 8:00 am |
  150. Shreya

The most effective way i can think of is facebook. Thousands of people use Facebook and if you tried to get the word out about anything and you used faccebook, pretty soon everyone would know about your message or what you are trying to do.

April 27, 2012 at 8:13 am |
  151. Deirdre

I think that Google should make a homepage about drunk driving. That would make people more aware and get the word out.

April 27, 2012 at 9:28 am |
  152. Gabriel

You could create a video that is fun and hip. Perhaps have a celebrity that has been impacted by drunk driving talk in it. It could be posted on Youtube, Facebook, and other social media.

April 27, 2012 at 9:32 am |
  153. Deirdre

Google should make a homepage about drunk driving. Perhaps it would get the word out and bring issue at hand into focus.

April 27, 2012 at 9:36 am |
  154. Lincoln

I think you could go to a neighborhood where they drink a lot and tell them that drinking and driving should be stopped.

April 27, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  155. Angie

I think the best way to keep people aware of drunk driving is to have signs on freeways and highways, to remind people to stay safe. Also have posts on the internet would be good because people use the internet more than the television.

April 27, 2012 at 10:04 am |
  156. nick

just spread the word out to the people and the teens because its more important to spread the word yourself than e-mail the people

April 27, 2012 at 10:12 am |
  157. cody

Facebook is really effective

April 27, 2012 at 10:28 am |
  158. Sarah

Show a video in school to the kids that would scare them into not drinking and driving

April 27, 2012 at 10:47 am |
  159. Ty

Well you could pass out flyers at school or start telling people about it or create a club or an extreme would be to stand in the hall during ever passing period and give a short speech with a microphone

April 27, 2012 at 10:55 am |
  160. Galen

I think the most effective way to get the word out about drunk driving is putting up posters and putting photos that show drunk driving accidents of social networks and blogs and such.

April 27, 2012 at 10:55 am |
  161. Luis

I would get the word out by walking around to see that people are drunk and are with their family so i will call the police very fast

April 27, 2012 at 11:15 am |
  162. Alisha

I think drunk driving is bad and affects other people than youself it even offect the enviroment bypolluting

April 27, 2012 at 11:19 am |
  163. Luis

The most effective way is probably start to pay a petition and get people to sing if they want to stop it

April 27, 2012 at 11:25 am |
  164. vance

letting people know about the dangers of drunk driving by showing them people that have survived crashes and hold school rallies and by using the media.

April 27, 2012 at 11:31 am |
  165. chris

i think people should make a page on facebook for drunk driving.

April 27, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
  166. Selena

I think the best way to get the word out is to make big colorful signs that say "stop drunk driving" and hold a parade.

April 27, 2012 at 12:15 pm |

I think the best way to get the word out is to put a video on you tube, and hope it goes viral.

April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm |

I think the best way to get the word out is to put a video on you tube!

April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  169. Janey

I think that if we show more videos in schools we could get students to care. And when we get students to care they can convince their parents not to drink and drive. Then their parents can get their friends to care. And the chain will continue from there. But it all starts with getting students to care first.

April 27, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  170. David

If we show people pictures and videos of people who have been hurt or killed by a drunk driver, or was a drunk driver themselves, it might scare people into not doing it.

April 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm |
  171. Ibrahim

I thinl the best way to inform about drunk driving is the TV because most people watch the news and they can get more information about it.

April 27, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
  172. Anna G

Driving while either intoxicated or drunk is dangerous and drivers with high blood alcohol content or concentration are at greatly increased risk of car accidents, highway injuries and vehicular deaths. That is a strong reason why society need to persuade the mind of these desobligated persons who do not take care about themselves even the security of the others.

April 27, 2012 at 12:29 pm |
  173. Samuels

You can start a page on Facebook. You can wittier the matter too.

April 27, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
  174. Maria

The most effective way to spread the word is by testimony, letting the people that surround know the true consequences of drunk driving, just like this girl did, sharing her story by every media is the most effective way to make people aware.

April 27, 2012 at 12:44 pm |
  175. Monica

The most effective way to me is by showing a video to my friends, or even showing them the actual new that happened recently, about the girl who passed away because of a drunk guy driving, this is to make conscience on how innocent people can die because of the alcohol effects.

April 27, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  176. Ale

Drunk driving can and will ruin a persons life it can change it for ever. Making public campaigns about the effects on drunk driving can help.

April 27, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
  177. Carla

I think the most effective way to stop drunk driving is making public campaigns.It is something that goes on every day and we should be aware of its consequences, people we know may turn out hurt by our actions specially when you are drunk and don't know what you are doing. If you see someone drinking offer them a ride, it could save many lives.

April 27, 2012 at 12:48 pm |
  178. cachirulo

this is a very important topic because a lot of people can get hurt. This should be change as soon as possible, in order to stop more people of getting hurt. Friends or family members can get hurt, and we need to stopped it now! 🙂

April 27, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  179. Fisher

Someone else could get the word out about drunk driving by putting up flyers and signs on the side of the road, at the supermarket or anywhere else there is usually a lot of people

April 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
  180. Waugh

I find drunk driving hurtful to the community and that we need someone out there to but a stop to it and hearing that girl speak about her sister shows that thing like this happen everyday and now it's our time to put a stop to it which can help us, America, and the world.

April 27, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
  181. Jeff

You could tell the police about the driver and they'd probably keep their eye out or possibly on FaceBook.

April 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm |
  182. Nate

I think beer and liquor companies can put an image of someone who got into an accident from drunk driving. Put that same kind of image on big billboards on the interstate and highway.The slogan can be "Think Before You Drink."

April 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm |
  183. itzel

drunk driving can change many peoples lives, leaving an unforgettable impact. doing public campagins on drinking and driving can help to stop the drunk driving.

April 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm |
  184. Olivia

The most effective way to get the word out is you could make commercals about the effects it had on this girls life and how she lost her sister. That might would shake people and make them think about drinking and driving before they do it.

April 27, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  185. Lucious

The power of social media has yet to be matched by most sorces and i think the best way to get the word out is to simpley watch this video and tell those around you so that those it effects will not be annoyed (such is the common reaction from over spreading media forcefully) therefore thos e who care will care enough to help themselves

April 27, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  186. Kameron

i think That this girls story is sad i support her in every way and i can try to hel and all others should to and help STOP drunk driving

April 27, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
  187. Kyra

There should be a sticker or label on the bottle that says "are you sure you want to drink this" so people think twice about drinking it.

April 27, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
  188. Gabby

You could get your community involved, along with the school, and other place. You could also always post things on Facebook/Twitter, and YouTube. It would definitely get the word out.

April 27, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  189. Inda

Someone could make a website about drunk driving or even make a program and travel around school and shair your experiences.

April 27, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  190. cooper

make a website dudes!

April 27, 2012 at 3:05 pm |
  191. ada

my dad is a writer and he writes articles all the time,I can get him to write something about it

April 27, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  192. Mike

Drunk driving is psychotic. There is absolutely nothing safe about it. I remember crossing an accident once and saw a 2 cars flipped over on the side of the road, both engines on fire. I saw it the next day on the news saying one appeared to be drunk. No survivors.

April 27, 2012 at 3:56 pm |
  193. Corbin

Carl I would love to help this girl as much as I can

April 27, 2012 at 3:57 pm |
  194. Corbin

I feel very bad for the girl that lost her sister because if I lost one of my siblings I would be very upset for a long time and I want to help this girl with her awareness about drunk driving. Thank u for listening to my comment and if you could show this to Bree ann I would be very happy.

April 27, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
  195. Ja-kyung

People keep says don't do drunk driving but it's no use if the drunk drivers don't make mind and try not to drive while drunk.

April 27, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
  196. CJ

Drunk driving is unacceptable. Sharing a story about drunk driving is a very good way to pass the word along, especially on the TV.

April 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  197. Noah

I don't think drunk people should be driving.If someone is going somewhere he or she should take someone else with theme so the un-drunk person could drive

April 27, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  198. Kaylee

a way of getting the word out about drunk driving is to go on tv and talk about the baaad things that happened to your loved one and the dangers of drunk driving. Also another thing that you can do is to start something online and talk about drunk driving.

April 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
  199. Abhinav

My father died because of a drunk driver. People shouldn't drink and drive.

April 27, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
  200. Emily

I'd recommend every school to educate all kids of all ages all about drunk driving and that people shouldn't start drinking in the first place. Drugs and alcohol can kill, if you're not careful or aware of the dangers. You drink, you drive, you lose!

April 27, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
  201. Hailey

Drunk driving is terrible. The best way to advertise would be to have an alcohol test for everyone that appears to be drunk on their way out of anyplace that sells alcohol. Drunk driving is a common, but terrible part of our everyday lives. People should be able to tell when or when not to drive, or when they have proper judgement. Drunk driving needs to be stopped.

April 27, 2012 at 7:34 pm |
  202. Danirl

I think it was a great idea to use a social media website to spread the awareness of drunk driving. Some other ways could be to go so someone who has more power such as celebrities.

April 27, 2012 at 8:11 pm |
  203. elisabeth

go around holding a really LARGE sign saying something like"If you drink and drive you are likely to get your self hurt and someone else hurt" So EVERYBOD, don't drink a drive

April 27, 2012 at 8:56 pm |
  204. Marylou

well, i think that the most effictive way to get the news out on drunk driving is to put up posters in colleges, schools, libraries, and even bars.

April 27, 2012 at 9:09 pm |
  205. yamilett

if you want to know my opinion about this!,the most effective way to get the word out about driving while you are drunk is on the NEWS,or in newspaper ,daily radio or mail,or especially the thing kids most like TV.,and a.d'si think that thats the most effective way.-yamilett

April 27, 2012 at 9:17 pm |
  206. Vicki

The best way to get the word out about drunk driving is to use social media. [Social media] is the fastest way to get information around and so many people see and pay attention to it world-wide.

April 27, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
  207. Crystal

Well I know what it like to see someone suffer from drinking, so instead of thinking about the older people who drink and drive, think of the many teends that die from drunk driving! I would encourage my friends and younger people not to , and for the people who do, try to talk them out of it. I would like to see the rate of teen accidents caused by drunk driving go down.

April 27, 2012 at 9:37 pm |
  208. Shigeki

In Japan, three young children in a car were killed by a drunk driving in 2006. The car had been hit by the drunk driving and fallen into the river. Their parents were helped, but the kidds were not. This tragic accident is well known in Japan and after that, the penal regulation for the drunk driving have been trengthened, and the number of the drunk driving has been decreasing in Japan. However the car accident by it still happen and some people including teachers, lawmkers, even some policemen are arrested by the drunk driving.I really wonder why they drive the car after drinking even though they would know that tragedy.

April 27, 2012 at 11:11 pm |
  209. Dario

Maybe we could raise awareness by someone passing out flyers about the dangers of drunk driving on the streets and at schools.

April 27, 2012 at 11:33 pm |
  210. Hadley

I think the best way to spread the word about drunk driving is to share devastating stories. i know it sounds sad, but that way, people might accually listen. Or to enforce the law more. Harsher punishments and more education to students of all ages will insure that when you drive drunk you know the consiquences.

April 27, 2012 at 11:48 pm |
  211. Sami

I think that many people can Spread the word about drinking and driving. There are organizations such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) which teach of the dangers of drinking and driving. Check with your local authorities and community based organization to see how you can get involved in helping to keep people aware of the dangers of drunk driving. If you can't personally volunteer your time to work with such organizations, support them by sending donations so they can continue in their work.

April 28, 2012 at 2:24 am |
  212. steven

i think that they could probly do a play or maby they could go out on the street and have signs

April 28, 2012 at 8:32 am |
  213. Jesse

I think some of these beer and other alcohol companies should stop advirtising their products to young adults, because the more these teens see others having fun drinking alcohol is going to want to drink more and more everyday.

April 28, 2012 at 8:45 am |
  214. Angie

I think someone else can get the word out on drunk driving is to make videos of warnings inform the people how dangerous it is to the drunk person and the other people on the road. Go to YouTube make presentations at your school or do anything you can.

April 28, 2012 at 12:23 pm |
  215. Meg

Maybe give a presentation to the community. sorry to hear about oyur loss. Stay strong!

April 28, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
  216. Calysta

honestly there is no way on this earth that we could stop drunk driving. And the fact that the 'home safe' companies are so expensive doesnt help. but if you wanted to get the word out start small and let it spiral itself out of control. putting fliers with a website link up in a busy place. sending out carapackages with info. even just sending a "send this to 20 people"email because we ALL know that every one listens to those. but really to make people think twice really get it out there that they arent just risking their lives they are risking the lives of every inocent person driving down that road with them because their life just inst enough to make them care but other peoples are

April 28, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
    • Becca

Calysta I don't agree. If we put out what we are trying to accomplish then soon enough they will get the idea. I believe it will be more effective if someone close to them get injured.

April 30, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  217. Evan

I think the most effective way to get the word out is through multiple media formats. If someone sees something in more than one website or TV channel than they are more likely to look into it to see what it is. The amount of attention it gets is also a factor (First comment)

April 28, 2012 at 4:43 pm |
  218. Jake

I Think They Should Let their parents drive them to school to prevent this from happening in the US
    for Drunk Driving

April 29, 2012 at 4:32 am |
  219. Emily

I would email everyone on my contacts list and tell them to forward the message to their contacts. The news would get around fast with all of the people with email.

April 29, 2012 at 9:32 am |
  220. Jordyn

They could start an organization to raise awareness about drunk driving.

April 29, 2012 at 11:57 am |
  221. Sanam

One way you can spread the word about drunk driving is at your school! Ask your principle for permission to have an assembly. Teach your peers about the dangers of drunk driving. It will be beneficial to everyone, and will hopefully teach teens not to drink and drive.

April 29, 2012 at 12:59 pm |
  222. James

I think that you should just primarily warn the people in your neighborhood; after all, it's people from that area that cause the problems.

April 29, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  223. Madey

I think the most effective way is to start in your community and build from there it could mean alot.

April 29, 2012 at 2:30 pm |
  224. Erron

Drunk driving is a very serious and dangerous thing. I think that the most effective way of getting the word out about drunk driving is through Facebook. There are millions of people on Facebook, and I think that if more and more people get on Facebook and raise awareness about drunk driving more people will think twice before they turn on that ignition.

April 29, 2012 at 4:24 pm |
  225. CHASE

You could put up posters on schools, and shops. putting it on public signs.

April 29, 2012 at 6:29 pm |
  226. Sarah

Drunk or buzzed driving is one of the most dangerous things you can do, and I think the only way to effectively stop it is to make the punishment for it more severe. If you only get a warning the first time you do it, you won't be as scared to do it again.

April 29, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
  227. Nicole

Other ways could include putting up posters, doing seminars(lectures), and getting a few second commercial on TV. But, the most effective way to get a bunch of people noticing it would probably be social media like Facebook.

April 29, 2012 at 8:15 pm |
  228. Jack

I think what people can do is to put more stuff in the news about drunk driving and the dangers of what could happen to poeple because of it.

April 29, 2012 at 8:31 pm |
  229. Brooke

Many people have died by drinking and driving. Its still bad even if you drink but drinking and driving can be more serious. Many people drink in the world but it can hurt them but it can hurt you more if you drink and drive. While you are drinking and driving you can mess up and crash and die.If you are drinking make the right decision, dont drink and drive. Even if you drink before it can still be as dangerous as drinking and driving. So dont drink and drive.

April 29, 2012 at 8:45 pm |
  230. Kaitlynn

There is many ways of getting the word out i would start a thing on facebook to see how many people would want be in that bad of danager and to see how many people will help to stop drunk drivers.....

April 29, 2012 at 9:57 pm |
  231. Dixie

In order to make people more aware of the consequences of drunk driving, you need to let them know that it's personal, too. A community member or another student stepping forward and telling their story about how drunk driving has changed their lives will wake more people up to the issue & get them to think about it. It means more than a textbook saying "...approximately 1600 people a year die because of drunk driving." We get so used to the numbers of death and forget that each 1 that added up to 1600 was a person, too. Technology could be blame for this; technology could also fix it with more people telling their stories through Facebook posts, Skype, Gmail, et cetera.

April 29, 2012 at 10:35 pm |
  232. Stephanie

Drunk driving has very negative consequences. You should spread the word by telling everyone how many people it can affect. Also that there is a possibility of death by driving drunk. Organize a sheet that people that pledge to not drive drunk for at least the next year. For 16+.

April 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm |
  233. Erin

It may not be the best example but it would definitely be the most realistic but to show pictures of car accidents caused by drunk driving. And maybe in schools they could have somebody who was a victim of drunk driving or who was maybe a drunk driver themselves and talk about how their bad choices changed their lives.

April 30, 2012 at 7:32 am |
  234. Ryan

I beliv e a good way to pass the word is by local newspaper , or twitter B)

April 30, 2012 at 9:53 am |
  235. Gabe

ther way someone could get the word out about drunk driving is by actually going out and giving people flyers about it and talking in public events about the dangers of drunk driving. The most effective way I can think of to get the word out about the dangers of drunk driving is to use the social media to our advantages. With all the different social media websites including Facebook, Twitter, and even YouTube we would be able to reach millions of people without ever even leaving the house. That is what I would do to get the word out about drunk driving.

April 30, 2012 at 10:09 am |
  236. erik

dont drink while driving

April 30, 2012 at 11:31 am |
  237. Chance

you should drive and the drink

April 30, 2012 at 11:32 am |
  238. Sean

Some other ways you could get it out is that you could make your own march in to help people know about the bad tings that you could do and you could also make different signs that tell what could happen to you if you get drunk.

April 30, 2012 at 11:37 am |
  239. Jace

An affective way would be to go over Drunk Driving in classrooms or have student/parent meetings in schools. Also learn the dangers and harmful things it could do to you or your body.

April 30, 2012 at 11:38 am |
  240. Colby

I believe that drunk driving is not good. You can lose your license which would not be good because you have no way to get around.

April 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  241. Jonah

Drunk driving is very dangerous. I think that the most effective way to get the word out is for an famous person to tweet about it because lots of people look up to famous people. I think if they say it on popular TV shows then people will not drink and drive.

April 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  242. Forrest

Drunk driving has affected many people in my life and it is a bad thing. Going to my parents wedding they got hit by a drunk driver. Drunk driving has affected my life and I don't drink. Don't drink and drive.

April 30, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
  243. christina

i think thats amazing what she is doing to protect the world from people like them you gpo girl

April 30, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  244. Sienna

I would have gave out cookies and said a fun fact to everyone about drunk driving.

April 30, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  245. Sienna

I would have held up signs in the community.

April 30, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  246. Sienna

MAKE POSTERS AND HAVE AN A ASSEMBLY.

April 30, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  247. Sienna

I would have made sure everyone was sober.

April 30, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  248. Ishar

Drunk Driving is a serious problem. You can tell your family, friends to not to drink and drive. Organize a club and go around telling people not to drink and drive. Tell them it can kill you.

April 30, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
  249. Samuel

I think drunk driving is very dangerous, and i think drinking has to do with this. So people who drink should know how bad it is for you and when your driving it can be dangerous

April 30, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  250. Lindsey

I think we need to put more of a conseguense on drunk driving, thousands of people are getting killed every year and hundreds every month. what if that happened to you? or someone you love?

April 30, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • Shai

Think Bigger!!! Billboards!!! Neon signs!!! HUGE POSTERS!!! we need to get it out there!!!!

April 30, 2012 at 5:55 pm |
  251. eboni

i think they should have more events like the "99" making people aware of what can and or will happen when you chose to drank and drive

April 30, 2012 at 6:40 pm |
  252. Evan

They should start to put signs about drunk driving on billboards. It would spread the4 word that drunk driving can lead to serious injuries or maybe even death.

April 30, 2012 at 8:37 pm |
  253. Kendall

I think that at every bar that someone drinks at they should have someone to check if they're drunk, if they are the person checking should call him a cab. Bars should make special cabs just for the bars so that nobody will be drv
    Irving drunk, or at.east nobody that goes to bars.

April 30, 2012 at 8:51 pm |
  254. Morgan

Drunk driving kills tennagers all around the United States and other places. It is important to raise awarness of drunk driving to tennagers, and it can be done through the power of social media. Posting or tweeting on facebook or twitter is a great way to raise awarenesss of drunk driving.

April 30, 2012 at 8:58 pm |
  255. Tri-Minh

I think it would be better to ask a permission to Congress to advertise why drunk driving can kill everyone around us. We will not survive unless we ask the experienced drivers about possible options to save the lives.

April 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm |
  256. Gabriel

Well, if it's drunk driving, then the keyword "driving" gives a clue about spreading the word. There should be some signs or billboards created to raise the awareness of how serious drunk driving is. If not, then another way is by using the radio to their advantage since it is like the 3rd most-used electronic in the world. Another few ways could also be to put some signs on/in the restaurants that sell the beer and other products related to that so the drunk driving could stop before it even begins, or sign a contract or make that an accomplishment you need in order to get your license.

April 30, 2012 at 9:49 pm |
  257. Matthew

I think that if we educate more people on the subject it will start to decrease, but I think that the web is what we need to turn to. Most young people go on the web in their spare time. If they start to see ads and videos about it, they might want to do something about it.

April 30, 2012 at 9:58 pm |
  258. Carl

We should get teens more conscious about the dangers of drunk driving. If people learn bad habits young, they stick. If we get teens to believe that drinking while driving is fun and harmless, they will continue with it for the rest of their lives. Therefore, if we focus education on the dangers of driving drunk on teens, there will be less drunk driving accidents.

April 30, 2012 at 11:36 pm |
  259. Ally

Internet is definitely the best way to spread the word, that is they way almost everyone gets news these days. The best way would be to put ads on websites that are directed to people who would pay attention to them.

April 30, 2012 at 11:44 pm |
  260. jade

You should show what would happen and some of the people that have been involved.

May 1, 2012 at 7:30 am |
  261. Laramey:)

Here at my school we just recently did an assembly on texting and driving. We found videos and little thumb bands and pledges. The kids really got involved, we had a couple of simulation games to show what distracted driving was like and then we had people sign pledges saying they wouldn’t text and drive and if they signed the pledge they got a little thumb band that says “txting kills”. Everyone loves to get little prizes so it was a real encouragement that they would get a band if they signed. I think newspapers are a good way to get the word out, I mean who doesn’t love seeing their picture in the paper? There are many ways to get the word out these days and these are just a few.

May 1, 2012 at 9:20 am |
  262. T0TALP0W3D98

i think that drunk driving is a bad thing what is the point of wasting your life or some one else because you want to have some beers

May 1, 2012 at 10:01 am |
  263. Sierra

I think they should astablish a limit to what they can drink

May 1, 2012 at 10:07 am |
  264. Haley

I think the most effective way would be to start by doing something small like put posters around your town with friends that say something like sober on the road is the way to go. Then hopefully it will grow larger and larger where you can make a page on Facebook get a lot of followers post videos on YouTube. Anything you can do really just as long as your trying to help it doesn't matter how the word gets out.

May 1, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  265. Bre

To raise awareness about drunk driving I would tell everyone about it and make posters to get the word out. I think that everyone should have a test (like walking on a line) before they can leave the bar if they have been drinking. If they don't pass the test then they have to have a ride home or they need to have someone come and get them. If they do pass the test then they are free to go.

May 1, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  266. Rose

Drunk driving is a very important issue, one that I think would be a great idea to address very early. By telling young kids the dangers, and just how plain stupid it is, we can avoid these accidents. These lessons can be started at a young age, but reinforcing it during Driver's Ed would be a great way to make teens understand that it is truly the wrong thing to do.

May 1, 2012 at 11:00 am |
  267. Morgan

I would do a school wide program maybe even work on the Internet using sites such as twitter and Facebook or make a video. There are thousands of options all you have to do is go out and work!!!! 😉

May 1, 2012 at 11:01 am |
  268. Quinten

I would get the word out by facebook and posters. Facebook is a social media website that millions of people use everyday,and people tend to go with the flow,so if a lot people are following that post then they will do something about it. I would use posters because people notice bright and shiny things, so even if posters are an old fashion way it gets your point across.

May 1, 2012 at 11:02 am |
  269. Kegan

I think it's not right to be drinking in the first place. The reason I say that is because you don't want to kill yourself before you have the life that you wanted when you where born in the world.

May 1, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  270. Noel

I think some ways are definitely the Internet, making presentations, talking to friends and teachers, and if you're old enough and haven't had anything to drink, offer them a ride home. At least you can do something to help. But I think the best way to get information out about this topic is through the Internet, definitely because everyone uses the Internet. Everyone has access to the Internet and will be able to see your feelings about drunk driving.

May 1, 2012 at 11:03 am |
  271. Tyler

Drunk driving is one of the very likely ways that an accedent could happen, and I would advertise in every way I could to get the word out about it, and what people could do to prevent it. Advertising it through some of the things that people would read every day would be a good way to get the word out.

May 1, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  272. Karlee

I believe that teens aren't nearly as aware as the older generations because they haven't dealt with the consequences of driving drunk. Teens need more than a text book telling them that driving drunk is wrong and it doesn't,t only endanger you it also endangers others as well.

May 1, 2012 at 11:05 am |
  273. Austin

I think we should stop making alcohol so we won't have any drunk driving accidents.[and] people would stop losing live over a stupid drink.we should use the tv because a lot of people watch it.

May 1, 2012 at 11:05 am |
  274. Lucien

Drunk driving is clearly bad. Anyone can find ways to stop it. Be a role model. Dont do it your self. Also you can help get the word out by posting it everywhere.

May 1, 2012 at 11:15 am |
  275. Brianna

A way that I would hel to stop drunk driving is, to form a group and anyone can join. We would have a day for people all over the world to stop drunk driving because it is dangerous and can cause several injuries or you could end up in a comma. Start a revolution to stop drunk driving. See what you could do!

May 1, 2012 at 11:45 am |
  276. Tasha

I would would definitely spread the word by using social media, since having Facebook, twitter, and a YouTube account is very popular for teens and younge adults. Using social media I would make something catchy that teens would find more interesting than boring.

May 1, 2012 at 11:47 am |
  277. Dylan

Drunk driving effects everyone not just the person who is doing the driving. I would get the word out by putting it on Facebook, billboards, make a video, or make a commercial showing all the negative effects drunk driving has.

May 1, 2012 at 11:47 am |
  278. Angela

I think putting it on Facebook was an excellent idea! I would also put it on Twitter, MySpace, or on any other popular websites or social media. I would also submit it into popular magazines or newspapers that a lot of people would see. Even putting it on TV would help spread the word.

May 1, 2012 at 11:47 am |
  279. Helen

I would get the word out by making posters and billboard signs, because people get stopped at stop signs and are looking out the window and most likely would see posters and billboards. Another thing people could do to get the word out about drunk driving would be to do radio ads. you get injured drunk driving in the car where you hear radio ads that can warn people before they make a wrong choice that could affect the for the rest of their life.

May 1, 2012 at 11:48 am |
  280. Harley

In our generation social media is huge and is a great way to spread vital information, but I still think putting things about drunk driving should go in things like magazines or newspapers. Kids live for the Internet ,but not all parents do. When parents tell it to their kids something this important they might listen better than just seeing someone post about it.

May 1, 2012 at 11:48 am |
  281. Gabriel

I think that no one really knows what it's like to have a family member lost in a drunk driving accident. In drunk driving they always say all the ways it effects the drinker. But how about your family, or maybe that girl that just turned 16 and you swerve out of your lane and hit her car head on and she is hurt or killed.

May 1, 2012 at 11:48 am |
  282. Brandon

Drunk driving has really negative consequences and can be really dangerous and if you do drink and drive then your just putting your life on the line and you could end up injuring or even killing someone else. So we need to stop drunk driving by making t-shirts, movies like for kony 2012, and other digital media.

May 1, 2012 at 11:48 am |
  283. Chris

I think that by puting it on facebook, twitter, MySpace, YouTube, et cetera get people to understand that it's bad.

May 1, 2012 at 11:49 am |
  284. Rebecca

To get the word out about drunk driving, you could make a video. Take the video that you made and go show it to schools and businesses. The video could be put on the web for anyone to see. Put the video on face book and twitter.

May 1, 2012 at 11:49 am |
  285. Alexis

I would take all the popular Internet sites like Facebook and twitter and post how drunk driving is a big issue in society. I would also do interviews to show people that drinking and driving can really get you in trouble. Making billboards would also be a great way to make a difference.

May 1, 2012 at 11:49 am |
  286. Jessica

The most effective way to get the word out is to make it popular, posting things on facebook and talking with teachers and parents I think would give a bigger affect on the situation! Facebook , and twitter are where most teenagers socailize, I think talking more about it on those types of things would help in this issue. I think all teenagers need to know that the outcome of drinking and driving can be extremely fatal.

May 1, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  287. Stephanie

There are many ways to get people to notice an issue, but today so many people are into technology that it makes that the most efficient way to get the word out. Facebook, Twitter and Youtube is where many teenagers are spending their time; news gets around faster when on these websites, and they are future drivers so by posting videos or statuses online it'll get their attention and they'll hopefully know the dangers there is by drunk driving.

May 1, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  288. Josh

I think that drunk driving is very wrong and to get the word out schools, and news stations should get kids in a drug free environment.

May 1, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
  289. Grant

Facebook was a good idea. With millions of users you're sure to get the word out. Drunk driving needs to stop.

May 1, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
  290. Hunter

A great way would be to make a public service announcement on popular tv channels and radio stations. We shouldn't have this problem. If its common sense for a student that you shouldn't go drunk driving, then it should be for adults too. It surprises me how inconsiderate people can be.

May 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  291. Ryan

I would try to put it on TV, billboards, Internet, etc. It would be great if people stopped drinking and driving because their would be tons of more people living.

May 1, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  292. Brandan

I think that we need to get the word out to younger kids, so when they get older they know what's going on. We also need to create Facebook and Twitter pages and spread the word.

May 1, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  293. Andrew

I would do as much as I could so that fewer and fewer people drive drunk.

May 1, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  294. Brandon

I agree that we need to put a stop to drunk driving and that we should spread the word verbally or electronically and FAST!!!

May 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  295. Stevie

I know somebody whos daughter was killed because she was with a drunk driver. It was just before graduation, and they pulled out in front of a semi. She died and the driver didn't, thats not right. It devistated her friends and family, and now she is gone forever because of a bad decision. I would try to get the word out by Facebook, Twitter, and I would make signs that prevent that from happening. It isn't worth losing your life. You can stay at the place you were drinking, or have somebody drive you home if you must drink.

May 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  296. Grant

Drunk driving is a terrible idea. If you want to get the word out you could tell your friends at school and your teachers and ask them to tell there friends on how drunk driving is bad.

May 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  297. Kyle

Drunk driving is bad. Don't drink or do drugs I have had family that has died from getting hit by a drunk driver. It is very sad.

May 1, 2012 at 12:40 pm |

You could do a fundraiser to raise awareness

May 1, 2012 at 12:40 pm |
  299. Meghan

You could start campaigns, or like start and organization, to help it!

May 1, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  300. roots

We can spread the word about the effects of drunk driving, between us and through today's technology. I believe that people think they're capable of driving when they're under the influence of alcohol but its not true. Sharing personal experiences would be helpful too.

May 1, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  301. Chris

I believe that cases such as this should be an example of how dangerous driving under the influence can be. The idea of putting this up on Facebook is a great idea because it allows young people to see the painful aftermath that can result from such choices. Showing the world the dangers of drunk driving help us make it a better place.

May 1, 2012 at 12:46 pm |
  302. Kayla

I Think People The Age Of Sixteen Shouldn't Drive Any How Because All You See Are Car Crashes Involving Young Teens I Think They Should Change The Legal Age To 18 For Teen And Young Adults To Drive . If They Do That, Then There Wouldn't Be No Car Crashes Or Near AS Much Deaths As There Are.

May 1, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
    • dfgsdfgsdf

I agree with you on the age being raised. But, as far as less accidents, and safer driving, it is up to the parents to raise their children right and to be safe drivers and drivers that are considerate of others. Young adults at the age of sixteen shouldn't drive, I can understand to school and to a job, but, the average teen doesn't JUST go to those places, they can get their parents to drive them, they can walk, (depending on the distance) or they can bike ride. They are still children after all, still eating their parents food and living off of them because that is how it is supposed to work until you are 18 and and able to provide for your own needs and transportation.

May 4, 2012 at 4:05 pm |
  303. knight

i think that they should banded drinking!

May 1, 2012 at 1:51 pm |
  304. Diamond

i think drunk is not right if you are driving drunk its sad that if you know that you drunk don't drivie the car. people are getting hurt because you are drunk driving we need too stop this

May 1, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  305. nick

i think drunk diving is dangerous because most teens lose there oppertunity to make a change in the world and needs to be stopped

May 1, 2012 at 7:18 pm |
  306. Steffani

I believe that drunk driving is terrible. We should do public service announcements on T.V., put awareness posters all around, put the drunk drivers in jail, and/ or do what ever we can to stop this terrible thing.

May 1, 2012 at 7:28 pm |
  307. Emily

Carl! I know that you have already shared students' comments on this topic, but I very recently was involved in this event called "Every 15 Minutes". It is a Drunk Driving Awareness program where about 25 students in my school (Juniors and Seniors only) were chosen to reenact a drunk driving crash in front of my school, and the juniors and seniors of my school were brought out to sit on bleachers and watch exactly what would occur after a DUI crash has occurred. There were several police officers, firefighters, and paramedics on the scene rushing to aide, and handling the situation as if this was a REAL crash. There were make-up artists who made the victims and drunk driver look realistic (mind you, these were actual students of my high school), and what happened was; there was one student pronounced dead at the scene, one pronounced dead once taken away via helicopter, one taken to a UMC Emergency room in critical condition, and the drunk driver was actually taken to an actual prison where she was tried and sentenced t 60 years in jail. The person pronounced dead at the scene was taken in a body bag in a hearse to a morgue, and was put into a freezer (only for a minute though). The rest of us who were not involved in the major crash scene were considered "The Walking Dead" were we were taken from our first periods by a police officer dressed up as the Grim Reaper, and were given our toe tags on a lanyard, and were told not to talk because we were dead. Our obituaries that our parents had to write up months prior, were then read to the class in which we were taken from, and a tombstone was made for each victim "killed" in the DUI crash, and put into a cemetery that was created in our quad. All of this was a two-day long event for those involved, and the next day, we were taken back to school where the juniors and seniors all gathered in the gym to watch the behind the scenes footage of what later happened to the victims and drunk driver. Then there were speakers who shared their heart-wrenching stories of loved ones that they have lost to a DUI crash/accident, and graphic pictures were shown to the audience of what can happen when someone gets into a vehicle and drives while influenced by drugs or alcohol. This was all put on my our wonderful administration in attempts to really demonstrate the effects of DWI, or DUI, etc...

May 1, 2012 at 8:18 pm |
    • Emma

Hey Emily. I think that is AWESOE!! what they did at your school.

May 4, 2012 at 4:00 pm |
  308. Celia

My school's anti-drug & alcohol club does a week every year before big events that include simulating what a crash is like, using special goggles to show you how impaired you are when you drive drunk, and general raising awareness about the dangers of drunk driving. It helps us a lot, and would work for any other schools that don't already do it.

May 1, 2012 at 9:31 pm |
  309. Carlos

When some people are drunk driving they go over the speed limit and they mint not get other people hurt they mint hurt there self and die or get in very bad pane and it cost family to die and some kid live by there self so we need to stop this before it kills more people.

May 1, 2012 at 10:26 pm |
  310. ben

beer should not be sold at a gas station because the will drink on the way to they're destination.

May 1, 2012 at 10:58 pm |
  311. Darrion

I think thats bad because one of my frends uncle died i a car asadent when the outher purson hit the car and tore the car a part

May 1, 2012 at 11:44 pm |
  312. Ryan

I think that if your cought drunk driveing you should loose your lisence for 6mounths.My mom was hit by a drunk driver and i bet the same has happend to thousends.We need to stop drunk driveing before it's afecting everone.

May 2, 2012 at 7:24 am |
  313. John

i dont think parents should let every kid get their licence until they know they sare mature enough to get it.

May 2, 2012 at 7:52 am |
  314. Tamara

Drunk driving is a horrible tragedy that has risen recently. To get the word out, I think we need more kids speaking up. When kids are being serious, adults tend to listen to what they're saying. You could make a charity or community for children to do public awareness presentations, community service, and fundraisers to help victims of drunk-driving accidents, and their family.

May 2, 2012 at 10:05 am |
  315. ronaldino

what if, instead of drinking alcohol, we drank milk while we were driving. That way we be building strong bones instead of potentially killing people.

May 2, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  316. zane

I think a good way to get the word out about drunk driving is have some who has been in a drunk driving accident and has lived through it give a speech to people about what drunk driving can do to you. My sister was in a drunk driving accident and has lived through it to this day she goes around to high school close to where she lives and explains to students what has happened to her and how it happened. My sister faces a lot of everyday challenges everyday due to drunk driving. So in my opinion i think the best way to get the point across about drunk driving is have someone who has gone through it to show and explain what can happen while driving drunk.

May 2, 2012 at 10:28 am |
  317. August

The way ill get the word out is thru Facebook ,YouTube ,podcast, and on carmercails

May 2, 2012 at 11:29 am |
  318. Brooke

I think that they should not let people drink and they should just not let people drive unless they are 16 years old.

May 2, 2012 at 11:49 am |
  319. madeline

i think that it is not good and that people that do it are breaking the law.they probably know that its wrong yet they still do it anyway.they should just stop doing it!!!!

May 2, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  320. Ellie

I think to stop drunk driving we should put websites to help people who drink to stop.

May 2, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  321. Haley :)

Just talk about the consequences of drunk driving. People have died from drunk driving. If you are drunk while driving you can't control your senses and you act different from what you usually act like.

May 2, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  322. Lillian

Even if we try to stop it, it probably won't stop sadly.

May 2, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  323. Haley

Drunk driving can lead to death and if you have people in the car with you, and you wreck cause your drunk you could take the life of one of your friends due to something you did.

May 2, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
  324. TONY

I think a good way to spraed the word about drunk driving is by making T-shirt saying (STOP DRINKING AND DRIVING)!

May 2, 2012 at 6:58 pm |
  325. Elizabeth

People have the choice to drink and thats totally up to them whether or whether not they drink and one thing that they will have to live with there whole life by just drinking and driving is the regret of killing all of those people. so everyone who wants to drink should really rethink that and theres really nothing we can do to stop drunk driving but try to raise awareness about it to let people know how bad it is.

May 2, 2012 at 7:28 pm |
  326. Sheniqua

Just ignore the drunkies, and then they wil stop

May 2, 2012 at 8:38 pm |
  327. luke

I think fun raisers, commercials, and Facebook are great ways to get the word out !

May 3, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
  328. lyric

its is not good to drink or smoke please stop u are messing up brain cells and making your self dumb

May 3, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
  329. Pamela

I have got in that same situtation and my friend so stand up for it.

May 3, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  330. Brianna

I would make a video explaining why drunk driving is bad and how many people can die or get seriously injured by doing it.I would post the video on as many websites as possible like twitter, youtube, etc. Or you can get someone who has experienced a drunk driving accident and have the speak at an assembly or large gathering and hope that it will get the word out that drunk driving is not a good thing to do.

May 3, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
  331. Delaney

Drunk driving can totally be prevented. It's people who don't think ahead, who don't worry about what will happen if they have a few drinks and get in the car who cause the tragedies concerning drunk driving. I think when people hear true stories about victims of drunk driving, that gets them the most. It makes them care.

May 4, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  332. Trevor :(

I think that we us people should not drink and drive. I think that we should get videos out on Youtube and facebook and other webcits. If you are drunk while driving you can't control your senses and your act like you should.

May 4, 2012 at 3:58 pm |
  333. NIck

I wold look up many many stories about drunk driving. People have to realize what i doe. People die! It is sad.

May 4, 2012 at 7:04 pm |
  334. Hallie

i think to warn people about drunk driving is to put it on billboards and tell the police to keep a good watch on people that are drinking while driving.

May 4, 2012 at 10:54 pm |
  335. Ben

I think we could get it out by YouTube because I have a YouTube accout .

May 5, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  336. Isabella

If you really want to get the word out then you could talk to the major web sites like CNN or Facebook and ask them ot put banners up on the sides of the web site. That way everyone who is on Facebook or CNN or were ever they might be will see that they need to stop drunk driving.

May 5, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
  337. Jacob

Right now, it is the bar tender's job to make sure to stop people before they get drunk. I think anywhere that serves alcohol should give a breathalyzer test to anyone who has had a drink before they leave the building.

May 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm |