.
March 28th, 2012

Florida Shooting: Your Questions

From news to social media, a great deal of discussion has been devoted to a Florida neighborhood watch shooting involving Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman.  (You can watch the CNN Student News segment here at about 2:12 into the show.)

More than a month after the shooting took place, many details are still unclear, and many questions remain.  What questions do you have about this story?

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Nikita

I wonder if the person shot him was acting in self defense or that he thought that he was a bad person. Sometimes stuff like that happens and their is nothing you can do about it. Sometimes people do it by mistake our their just doing it to murder someone purpisfully.

March 28, 2012 at 4:02 pm |
    • marco

hi nikita it me you have a good reason because mabye they did not know and and me too did not know if he was telling the truth

March 28, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
      • Mystery

confusion!

March 29, 2012 at 11:05 am |
      • lyric

i think Zimmerman made it all up! he made a huge mistake and couldn't cover it up. he should be locked up. im against what he did. the poor boy wasn't even armed.....this just disgusts me.

April 10, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
      • Katherine

Zimmerman may be lying. Maybe Trayvon was just walking and saw Zimmerman and HE felt threatened! Zimmerman WAS the only witness so who knows what could have happened on that night. The police have not yet realesed all the information.

April 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm |
      • tamera

EVEN IF YOU DIDNT KNOW THATS NOT A REASON WHY YOU JUST FOLLOW SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU THINK THEY ARE DANGEROUS TO OTHERS IT DOESNT ALSO MEAN YOU APPROCH THEM THEY GET SCARED AND TRY TO GET AWAY ANS YOU SHOOT THEM THATS NOT EVEN SELF DEFENSE THATS SECOND DEGRESS MUDER

April 11, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
    • sabrina

i cant believe this story i think that its wrong. I hate when the inocent get hurt!

March 29, 2012 at 8:34 am |
      • Cate

sabrina, i agree that innocent people shouldnt be killed, but you dont know that he is innocent. maybe he had a gun, or a knife, or there was somethink personal going on between the two people involved. the only way we could get the full story is to talk to treyvon, but sadly thats no longer possible. in the time being, untill we get the full story, all we can do is keep treyvon and his family in our prayers.

March 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
      • Catherine

sabrina i agree maybe he was inoccent or he was not the police might have felt like he was in danger and used self defence or could of just wanted to shot him no one really knows. but all we do know is that an inoccent teenager was shot.........

April 9, 2012 at 9:21 pm |
    • Neegum

i agree wit u he de probably saw him as like a gang membr or somting. i mean wit his hood up and all

March 29, 2012 at 8:53 am |
      • andy

i think zimmerman made that up just because someone has a hood doesnt mean they r a gang meber

March 29, 2012 at 8:57 am |
      • Ed

He should have waited for Police.He is not A Police
        And He Said that Trayvon Was not Getting Away, This means Zimmerman was going to Shot him

April 2, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
    • Alexis

there is no good reason for shootin him. i want to know what are the police doing to prevent this and how do we make sure it doesn't keep happening?

March 29, 2012 at 1:38 pm |
      • Charles

The only way that we the people could have prevented this situation is if the "stand your ground" law specifically stated that in order to protect one's self is that you can only protect yourself with just your body and no firearms of any sort and if the other person(s) in the situation have firearm(s) then you should just calmly talk your way out of the situation and get to the safest place closest to you. Also, you should find a telephone and call the police and tell them what was happening and the address of the mishap. Then, if the police don't get there within 5-10 minutes, you have the right to defend yourself any way that you wanted to if the other person(s) come to where your at.

March 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm |
      • Raini

I am an avid believer in the second amendment, so this could make me biased. The man who shot was not justified from what I have seen on CNN News. There was a 911 call in which you could hear the black boy yelling for the man to stop. We believe that the man first beat up the kid and then shot him for the reason that he was black and in his neighborhood. I believe that the "stand your ground" law is a great idea, this was not standing his ground this was murder. Cold blooded killing for the sake of it and for no other purpose.

April 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • brittany

i think it was sad

March 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
      • Kat

It's always a huge loss when a good person is shot. Humanity should be more respectful with fire arms.

April 3, 2012 at 5:18 pm |
    • Carrie

If there was any type of ware house or store near by they may have vidoe (security cameras) of what really happened but for now Trevon is in our prayers.

March 29, 2012 at 6:44 pm |
    • Alex

Good point but would if he was drunk? that happens. I think he wouldnt have attacked the trayvon if he was not drunk. im not saying he was drunk just giving a idea.

March 30, 2012 at 10:30 am |
    • Someone

I think this is all so stupid just because George Zimmerman was the one who shot Trayvon doesnt mean he's not guilty. Yes that was wrong of him to follow Trayvon but Trayvon hit him first. Also that was wrong of Spike Lee to "Give out George Zimmermans address" because he put a 73 year old man in danger and that man had nothing to do with it.

March 30, 2012 at 11:10 pm |
    • Nina

According to the news, Mr. Zimmerman killed Trayvon because he was threatened. If someone kills someone because they feel threatened, then how would the murder happen not purposefully or by accident?

March 31, 2012 at 7:06 pm |
    • ajee

did zimmerman think about what might happen if he shot trayvon and what might he and up it.

April 1, 2012 at 9:17 pm |
    • wilmer

people are coming up with diffrent lies about travon.......if travon was really on drugs or if he was really trieng to hurt zimmerman they would have said it the second the shooting happend! not a month later!!!!

April 3, 2012 at 4:09 pm |
      • Cris

The beating of Zimmerman was in the initial police report, so this is not any new evidence. The media covered it uyp because of the storyline: "Hispanic man shoots teen in self-defese" compared to "Racist White man hunts down and savagely murders innocent black teen". Also, Trayvon wasn't completely innocent. School reports say he was serving a suspension for illegal activity, but the school covered this up to keep publicity off them.

April 12, 2012 at 6:31 am |
    • Danielle

I really don't understand the people who are defending Zimmerman, I understand that everyone has a right to a fair trial, and that we must consider all options but I cannot accept anything other than this man is gulity.
      The lead detective for florida in the case even said he wanted to file a murder case. And recent news footage has shown that the alleged attack by Trayvon had gave little to no visible injuries to Zimmerman. He claimed to be beaten over concrete by Trayvon repeately on the skull, and had a broken nose. No injuries showned that and authorities who responded to the scene said medical attention was not necessary. He was also not licensed to carry a gun of such a high caliber. Being 17, the same age as Martin makes me scared and a little paranoid. What is the world going to come to if we accept someone with a amature authority status take control? He was a neighborhood watchman who thought he could hide the crime under an upstanding citizen status.

April 10, 2012 at 1:10 pm |
    • Jeffrey

I personally believe George Zimmerman is innocent. From further notice from the national news, Trayvon was suspended from school for illegal actions. Also George Zimmerman was the neiborhood watch and I doubt he would have just killed Trayvon Martin with a weapon for no apparent reason. Two words that I agree with: SELF-DEFENSE!!

April 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm |
    • Pippa...

Would Trayvon had been suspicous if he was white? Zimmerman felt that he looked suspicous so he followed Trayvon. If i was Trayvon i would have just had a racinal discussion with zimmerman. And i would have said "i will call the cops." and zimmerman would have thought that he was just a normal teenager walking home.

April 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm |
  2. Miranda

Why exactly did the man shoot Trayvon? What did he do wrong? In court, are they believing him that he was using self-defense?

March 28, 2012 at 4:07 pm |
    • bebe

My questions is Why? did he disobey the police officer when he said not to follow him, cant they get him for that of Does he even have a permit for a gun. I thought they said he was arrested before how does he still have the privilage to be even caring a gun.?????

March 29, 2012 at 11:47 am |
    • Bailey

They are using the "innocent till proven guilty" thing.

March 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
    • Naya

We need to look at the medical records to see did he immedatly went to the hopital for head tramma or a broken nose for a small skinny boy. If recent records arent there then he is lying for the fact he KIlled a Child for self deffence. these invesitgators arent doing there job right. Even a *th grader can telll you what you should look for in a murder case. this case is rigged.

March 30, 2012 at 11:06 am |
  3. Christian

Why don't the police do anything about the shooting?It was clearly murder.

March 28, 2012 at 4:08 pm |
    • Mark

It was not clearly murder or this would not be such a big deal. And they are investigating.

March 28, 2012 at 10:19 pm |
    • Aubrey

Chiristen your not listening to it the police are but they cant press charges on him because there's not enough evidence duh!!

March 29, 2012 at 10:45 am |
    • Sofia

to christina, they couldnt take the shooter to court because they couldnt take him to jail with no evidence

March 29, 2012 at 11:29 am |
    • bebe

Point the fact to the gun. There are many questions about the gun

March 29, 2012 at 11:48 am |
    • Nina

Because they cannot arrest him. The police men and the court believe that he was cleary doing this in self defense.

March 31, 2012 at 7:07 pm |
  4. Anne

How could they know for certain if he shot him because he thought he was using self defence? There is no way of knowing the real reason unless he tells them.

March 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm |
    • Ed

This Zimmerman Put himself In A spot where he should Not been, Should Not have Gotten out of his Car
      He is Not A Police

April 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm |
  5. Breanna

Why did he have everyone cover the fact that he shot Travyon Martin and didnt get accused and prosecuted?

March 28, 2012 at 4:13 pm |
    • Mark

Two words: Self Defence

March 28, 2012 at 10:17 pm |
      • Ruthann

First of all learn to spell and second of all maybe you should look into this case a little bit more. If you did you would see a lot of things that would change your mind and other things that the police did wrong. Try to be informed next time you want to say that the death of a young kid means nothing when his killer cries self DEFENSE, with an "S".

March 30, 2012 at 2:11 pm |
      • Mark

And I'm not saying that his death means nothing. Also, there are many of facts that have not been told yet and these facts could change the whole situation. Sorry if I'm not perfect, I'm sure you are.

April 2, 2012 at 10:00 pm |
      • Sidney

No the reason he is not getting into any trouble is because the law that flordia has! Its the "Hold you ground" law. It's when if you feel threaten you can use or act upon with a deadly force if you feel is needed. I think this case is wrong and anyone who agree's that Zimmerman doesn't deserve to go to jail is wrong!

April 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
  6. Quaid

With all the different storys about how Trayvon was really killed, how can we be sure most of all the stories we have been told are even some what true?

March 28, 2012 at 4:14 pm |
    • bebe

They have a live video taping.. ( sound of gunshots and everything)

March 29, 2012 at 11:49 am |
      • Mark

If that was true...we would not be discussing this.

March 31, 2012 at 11:14 pm |
  7. Jorge

Why would the police not arrest him, even to ask him questions about the incedent?

March 28, 2012 at 4:15 pm |
    • Felix

I think they should at least detain him for questioning until the issue has resolved and he is found guilty or innocent.

March 28, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
    • Riley

I have no idea why they didnt just keep him and ask him more questions. It doesnt make sense.

March 29, 2012 at 8:53 am |
  8. garrett

why does everyone think that it was prejudice

March 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
    • Shaina

because it was!!!

March 28, 2012 at 10:06 pm |
  9. charles

why didn't the police do anything about zimmerman after the fact that he had been told not to follow trayvon and yet did so anyway?

March 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm |
    • bebe

I totally agree

March 29, 2012 at 11:50 am |
    • Isaiah

Because the police can't always trust the person who just killed the person.

March 29, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  10. Cooper

i would like to know who let someone like Zimmerman protect an entire neighborhood if he can not tell the difference between a high school kid and a potential threat. and is he the type of person we want to choose who lives and who dies

March 28, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • Bailey

Cooper, you are right If he cannot tell the difference then that is something on the same side, but when he shot him he did say he "saw" Trayvon grab for something ( I am not taking sides I am just stating what I know) but Zimmerman should not be a watch gard if he did not tell the difference (again not taking sides).

March 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  11. Matt

When they arrest him what will it be for?

March 28, 2012 at 4:19 pm |
    • ShaKendra

They Didn't Arrest Him....

March 29, 2012 at 4:25 am |
    • Nicole

Murder probley...

March 29, 2012 at 9:12 am |
    • Morgan

Murder.

March 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  12. Alondra

Is it true on what some media said that the boy had some drugs in the candy and was actually in no good>? if so what gave that guy a reason to shoot him if the boy didnt do anything to the man?

March 28, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
  13. Nancy

Did Trayvon even oppose a threat to anybody? Is that why he got shot? Why would someone shoot somebody else for suspicion?

March 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • Guilherme

See Nancy, the problem here is, although most people are saying as a night guard he was suspicious, he says it was in self-defence. I personally think that, as a night guard, it is justifiable to shoot someone, but only with good reason. What Zimmerman did was wrong, and yeah, he should be punished, but who are we to say that he did shoot Treyvon just on suspicion? He is a night guard and is therefore in charge of taking care of the neihborhood. If he decided Treyvon was a threat, he is technicaly justified in his actions, even more since he claims it was self defense. Maybe he wasn't only shooting on suspicion. Who knows, eh?

March 30, 2012 at 3:06 pm |
      • Heather

But Guilherme, sure he is supposed to be watching the neighborhood, but he is not a cop. He in my opnion had no right to shoot him. I believe he had other options. Rumors say he already called 911, so why did he feel the need to shoot the boy?

April 11, 2012 at 5:14 pm |
  14. Monica

If someone is follwing you home isn't it kind of planned to kill or do something to that person?

March 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • bebe

seems like it right? Like he was just ready to kill someone

March 29, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  15. philis

We will never know what happened. But in the first place I dont think that night watchmen should be alowd to carry because it can just cause more problems. Also the night watchmen was told not to follow him and he did. If he had never followed him he never would have gotten into this situation. You should not judge on first glances just because someone is wearing a hoodie and is black does not mean that their intentions are bad. And this young mans intentions weren't even bad he was going to see his dad and his life was taken. This could have easily been prevented

March 28, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
    • bebe

agreeable

March 29, 2012 at 11:52 am |
  16. chris

I think it was wrong and George Zimmerman should at least be trialed.

March 28, 2012 at 4:38 pm |
  17. Antwan

I think George Zimmerman should be arrested. The shooting was not called for and he had no reason too. Trayvon Martin didn't do anything to frighten him.

March 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
  18. Chloe

Who would ruin a kid's life who was purely innocent?
    I feel bad for him, and exspecially for his loved ones like his parents. I hope they're getting by.
    I don't think that Trayvon would have weapons on him... and I hope not. But, did he? Is he totally innocent? He seems too young to have weapons on him... so was the shooter just making this up to get himself out of jail?

March 28, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • Josh

Well Chloe if Zimmerman did lie, then he would get into a lot more trouble than what is happening right now, because in the constitution it clearly states that if a person gives false evidence or calls 911 for no reason, than they could be tried for just that.

March 29, 2012 at 4:35 pm |
  19. Ethan

The question that first came to my mind while watching this segment is what George Zimmerman had thought was a threat from Trayvon Martin. Did the boy try to cause harm to anyone and if so, how? I wonder why else Zimmerman would have shot him other than self defense. Unless he shot him for another reason, I don't see how getting this answer from him would be difficult. I just wonder if Zimmerman is telling the truth about his shot at the Trayvon or not.

March 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm |
  20. Lauralaine

I can understand that the night watchman felt a little scared when he first saw Trayvon. He apperently had his hood up and it was night. But, by no means was it right to shoot him just for looking suspicious! If he had been causing harm, it may have been different. But what happened here was just wrong and tragic.

March 28, 2012 at 5:50 pm |
  21. Ana

Why would a boy just walking around get shot down? I believe that man should be in jail.

March 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
    • Nicole

Ana tht is true i beleive he should be put in jail.

March 29, 2012 at 9:14 am |
  22. NIck

What was so threating about Trayvon? Why did you deem him "suspicious" ? Was it because of his race? Why did you foolow him when the cops told you not to? Didyou not recognzie him?

March 28, 2012 at 5:52 pm |
  23. NIck

WHY DON'T YOU DESERVED TO GO TO JAIL FOR MURDER? ( part 2 to Nick on the top's comment

March 28, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
    • Nate

The police have to have more evidence to put him in jail, he said it was self defense and the task force cant prove it.

March 29, 2012 at 8:56 am |
    • Killian

Good point nick

March 29, 2012 at 9:48 am |
    • Samuel

I agree wether not he ment to he shoot him he still shoot him wich means he is guilty. He sould go to jail.

March 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm |
  24. Nikita

I wonder how he really died and if the guy who killed him was telling th truth

March 28, 2012 at 6:34 pm |
    • ShaKendra

No Zimmerman Not Telling The Truth Because If Someone Look SUSPICIOUS You Will Not Follow Them If They Look SUSPICOUS Trayvon Was Not A Threat To Him....Zimmerman Called The Police They Told Him Not To Moved He Want Looking For Touble....He Take A Life JUSTICE WILL BE SERVE

March 29, 2012 at 4:23 am |
  25. Zachary

I want to know why he followed the poor kid, even when the Police told him to stop and that they don't need him to keep following him. Even when Zimmerman confronted Treyvon, shouldn't he have seen that Treyvon didn't pull out a gun? This is one of the reasons that I can't honestly say that i feel completely safe, even in my own neighborhood.

March 28, 2012 at 7:12 pm |
  26. Marleigh

Why shouldn't he go to jail? I mean obviously he did the shooting! Wasn't he the one who was following the kid home? But really he should at least be trialed or take the lying detector or something just to know the whole story!

March 28, 2012 at 7:21 pm |
  27. Mason

Why would this "murderer" follow this specific person? Why not another?

March 28, 2012 at 8:25 pm |
  28. Daniel

What in the world could have Trayvon Martin done to cause Zimmerman to start following him and shoot him? He was only wearing a hoodie and had a pack of skittles. And, why don't the police do anything about the fact that Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin even when he was directed not to?

March 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm |
  29. TYLER

I think the guy should go to jail for what he did. Trayvon did nothing wrong he was just walking home. He needs to go to jail.

March 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm |
  30. Cassidy

Why would you shoot him if he is unarmed? But my big question is what happened between the 911 call and the shooting? Did they have a fight and the grown man got so mad that he shot the teenage boy? Or did the boy really attack the grown man? Even the teenage boy did really attack the grown man they why didn't the grown man have any fighting marks anywhere?

March 28, 2012 at 9:04 pm |
  31. Noah

This is very wrong. george Zimmerman is just lying to save himself from jail. trayvon was just walking and some guy was following him. if i was trayvon i would have punched him to. george should go to jail. how could he not. is it really self defense against a 17 year old unarmed

March 28, 2012 at 9:20 pm |
  32. Ben

What I'd like to know is how a law like this was passed. Surely there was some discussion about the possibility of this situation happening. So why wasn't that slight chance enough to cancel this law? Did nobody think that murder could come out of it?

March 28, 2012 at 9:24 pm |
    • Ani

What law ?

March 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm |

Why doesn't George Zimmerman go to jail, he should because i am sure that inside, he is guilty but he just doesn't want to be blamed. Where was Trayvon shot?

March 28, 2012 at 9:32 pm |
  34. Harsh

what was he doing at that time walking from school or???

March 28, 2012 at 9:34 pm |
  35. Harsh

why don't the police use a lie detector?

March 28, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
  36. Anika

Where did he get shot?
    When did he get shot?

March 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm |
  37. Ritika

Why dd George Zimmerman actually shoot Trayvon? Could a teenager really be dangerous to a man who has a weapon?

March 28, 2012 at 9:36 pm |
  38. Lauryn

When I watched the video I wondered, how did Trayvon know that George Zimmerman was following him? How long did George follow Trayvon?

March 28, 2012 at 9:37 pm |
  39. HaYoung

Why did George Zimmerman have a gun? How did George Zimmerman get a gun?

March 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm |
  40. Jordan

Why isn't the fact that Zimmerman continued to follow Trayvon even after the sergeant told him it was unnecessary being taken into more consideration? If you called the cops on a suspicious looking person wouldn't to be wiser to let the cop come and check it out rather than putting yourself in the way of harm by following them?

March 28, 2012 at 9:39 pm |
  41. Karun

Did he kill Trayvon because he was black?

March 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
  42. Logan

A kid was shot... It stinks. No one likes one of there own dying, but we need to put him in peace. How can we possibly know what happend that night there are two sides of the story an there is no way now that we could hear the second. Let him rest in peace

March 28, 2012 at 9:41 pm |
    • Heather

Logan, we want him to rest in peace, and I'm sure he is, but we want justice for him and his family, put them at peace finding out what happened with there boy. What Zimmerman is putting them through is wrong, sorrow and depression for all family and friends. It is wrong. But of course, RIP and I send my prayers to his family.

April 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm |
  43. Nimmit

How does the police have evidence

March 28, 2012 at 9:47 pm |
  44. Kaushik

Why did the guy shoot him? Was there any reason?

March 28, 2012 at 9:48 pm |
  45. Felix

If Trayvon Martin was in a neighborhood, then why didn't anyone else hear the commotion?

March 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm |
  46. Adarsh

I wonder why George Zimmerman thought that someone was following Trayvon Martin?

March 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm |
  47. Maya

Couldn't Zimmerman have killed Martin and lied about it? He may have "looked" like a liar....

March 28, 2012 at 9:51 pm |
  48. Laura

Did the killing maybe have to do with having a different race?
    Was being "suspicious" enough to deserve to shoot Trayvon?

March 28, 2012 at 9:52 pm |
  49. Payu

so sad that that boy had to die of on gun shot 😦 😦 😦

why did he kill the boy i just don't know

March 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  50. Jony

Why did George Zimmerman shoot him? Why did George Zimmerman why did he feel like he needed to shoot him?

March 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  51. Perkins

Is he arrested yet?

March 28, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  52. joseph

i wonder if zimmerman just wanted revenge on trayvon?

March 28, 2012 at 10:00 pm |
  53. Johnny

The question is: Is Zimmerman guilty or innocent?

March 28, 2012 at 10:02 pm |
  54. Caroline

Which part of the body did Trayvon got shot? Did he get sent to the hospital immediately or not?

March 28, 2012 at 10:03 pm |
  55. Shaina

MY question is, why is this type of incident just now being brought to people's attention? i'm glad the public cares about us young African-Americans, but things like this happen all the time? does america care or even know about those other incidents too?

March 28, 2012 at 10:04 pm |
    • Angie

Good point, although this occasion was very sad, it does happen every day. Things like this should be recognized more often .

April 3, 2012 at 11:40 am |
    • Heather

Shaina, thses things are always recognized. I think they occur less than you think. They may not make the news, but this is a unique story in its own. There are a lot of unanswered questions, but I do not think his race is the main issue in this case. Could it add to it? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact a boy was killed for what appears to be, no reason.

April 11, 2012 at 5:25 pm |
  56. Prae

Where is George Zimmerman now?

March 28, 2012 at 10:05 pm |
  57. Mark

Why is everone jumping to conclusions so quickly? NO A SINGLE ONE OF US KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED AND WE MIGHT NEVER KNOW... Also why are politics, including the president, and everone wanting to gain something from this?? No matter how many politial anylaists or heads of racial equality organizations you talk to they are NEVER going to be able to tell us what happened. What would have happened if their races were diffrent, would there still be protests or even news coverage?? And please start showing pictures of him at 17 not 12 if you are going to show them.

March 28, 2012 at 10:14 pm |
    • Heather

But Mark, don't you see? The reason people are having these rallies is because they want there voices to be heard! They know, deep in there hearts this was wrong! And the hope is Mark, that we will find out what happened thats why people have cases and trials in the first place. To find out what happened and who was innocent or guitly. Don't say we will never know. This is why this is still going on. People want to know what happened. Me included.

April 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm |
  58. Cody

Was Zimmerman really telling the truth? I want to know if Trayvon actually attacked Zimmerman or if Zimmerman is telling a lie, because right now I'm on Trayvon's side.

March 28, 2012 at 10:27 pm |
  59. Autumn

A man is innocent until proven guilty. Along with the Stand Your Ground Law, why is there so much controversy over these simple rules that apply? All that can be positively verified is where the bullet came from and two people involved. Nothing more, nothing less.

March 29, 2012 at 12:20 am |
  60. Alissa

Why do the government, media, civil rights activists, and citizens of the United States jump to conclusions so quickly about what happened, without actually knowing all the facts?

March 29, 2012 at 12:47 am |
  61. Kaycie

I wonder if the whole thing was a misunderstanding. Maybe Trayvon was scared that this man he did not know was following him home in the dark, and did attack George Zimmerman because he thought it was self-defense. Then Zimmerman probably thought he was acting in self-defense as well and shot Trayvon.

March 29, 2012 at 1:20 am |
  62. Andrew

I don't think that anyone should pick sides until ALL the facts come out. Until then, picking sides is in vain.

March 29, 2012 at 3:52 am |
  63. ShaKendra

Why They Not Doing Anything About Trayvon Martin Killer Number One The Police Told You Not To Follow Him Number Two Why Wolud You Follow Him If He Looked SUSPICIOUS Number Three Trayvon Was Not A Threat To Zimmerman Something Not Right About His Story He Need To Come Up With A Better Lie Because The One He Told Is Not Working For Him George Zimmerman Needs To Be In Jail Because That Was Not Right At All (JUSTICE ARE NO PEACE)

March 29, 2012 at 4:18 am |
  64. Daniel

I believe that zimmerman should be held up for trial. Even if it was self defence, he clearly killed someone and should be punished for that. If he gets away wih that, then every murderer can say it was in self defence if there is little evidence.

March 29, 2012 at 4:19 am |
  65. ShaKendra

To Me Zimmerman Was The Threat....How I Know Something Else Like This Wont Happening Again Should I Feel For My Life....

March 29, 2012 at 4:30 am |
  66. jerry

If you can kill someone when your life is in danger, so I think it's ok but the police said not to follow and before the guy got shot,he called his girlfriend and said "Somebody is following me but I don't know why."I think the person who shot the boy should go to jail.

March 29, 2012 at 7:05 am |
  67. Judy

Shooting someone because he or she is suspicious is wrong. Trayvon had his hood up, but it doesn't mean
    he tried to harm someone, I want to ask to shooter was it about Trayvon's race.

March 29, 2012 at 7:24 am |
  68. Tatem

Why would he need defend hmself if he was up in the watch tower. He really did NOT need to defend himself and now he should be in jail for that.

March 29, 2012 at 7:55 am |
    • Garrett

Shooting a young boy is just wrong no matter what... I give my thoughts and prayers to Trayvon's family and friends. So sorry it happened like that.

April 3, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  69. Niatigra

why would the one guy hurt the boy when police investigation say that the boy wasnt doing anything. The florda law "stand your ground" should not apply. That is what alot of people from my area is saying.

March 29, 2012 at 7:55 am |
  70. Victoria

Just because he was walking out at night with his hood on dosent mean that he was going to to do anything.George was just siting in his car looking ssuspicious its a worder he didn't get killed.

March 29, 2012 at 8:01 am |
  71. Faith

I believe that he could have fought back without having to shoot the guy, his story is most likely only being used so that he can get away with the murder a little easier or have a smaller sentencing in prison if he is tried for murder.

March 29, 2012 at 8:26 am |
  72. Angèle

My question is what the guy did to the older man that he had to shoot him. & how did he look suspicious?

March 29, 2012 at 8:26 am |
  73. Donnie

Why were the shots fired?

March 29, 2012 at 8:27 am |
  74. Dominiquie

Did Trayvon always walk in that neighborhood on his way home?

March 29, 2012 at 8:30 am |
  75. Chey

Instead of calling him suspicious why don't you go up to the kid and talk to him? He could possibly be dangerous but he was walking home. he was scared because someone was following obviously he'd run so why don't you think before you act instead of the opposite.

March 29, 2012 at 8:30 am |
  76. Erin

I'm wondering what Treyvon did to make him seem suspicious, and what did he do to make George Zimmerman shot to kill him?

March 29, 2012 at 8:31 am |
  77. Bailey

You can never really know what happened in a case like this but I want to know why Zimmerman would follow this teen after being told not to.

March 29, 2012 at 8:32 am |
  78. Bri

Why did he get shoot what was so suspicious the kid was only walking around

March 29, 2012 at 8:36 am |
  79. Jake

How did he not go to jail?

March 29, 2012 at 8:37 am |
  80. Anna

I'm still confused on who killed who and what really happened that night!

March 29, 2012 at 8:37 am |
    • Heather

Anna, Treyvon was shot by a neighborhood watch man named George Zimmerman. He says out of self defense so far, and people are convinced he is innocent. I disagree.

April 11, 2012 at 5:33 pm |
  81. Dylan

I dont get why he was not proved guilty it makes no sence

March 29, 2012 at 8:37 am |
  82. Makayla

Why didn't the cops just charge the kid that shat George with shooting and killing

March 29, 2012 at 8:37 am |
  83. Alyssa

what did he die from i would like to now that. And why did he die. why cant people live in peace.

March 29, 2012 at 8:37 am |
  84. Jordan

Why hasn't Zimmerman been charged with anything? He clearly murdered Trayvon.

March 29, 2012 at 8:38 am |
    • Mark

There is not enough evidence and havent you ever heard of innocent until proven guilty??!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:22 pm |
  85. corey

I think this was unessary for him to shoot travon. i wonderwhat really happond?

March 29, 2012 at 8:38 am |
  86. Gina

Why would someone just follow somebody and than shoot them? That's just not right.

March 29, 2012 at 8:38 am |
  87. Olivia

Why did he have a gun?

March 29, 2012 at 8:38 am |
    • Olivia

He was the neighborhood watch man. He had a permit that allowed him to carry the gun.

April 3, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
  88. Zack

I wonder if Trayvon is tricking the police? I wonder if the police will ever find proof to see if he is guilty?

March 29, 2012 at 8:38 am |
  89. Hunter

I wonder if he died the way the killer is saying or if the killer did it on purpose?

March 29, 2012 at 8:38 am |
  90. andrew

Do they think it was in self defense, or not. i don't think it was in self defense.

March 29, 2012 at 8:39 am |
  91. Catherine

I wonder if the person that killed him is telling the truth?

March 29, 2012 at 8:39 am |
  92. Daniel

I wonder if it was a set up or if he was just walking to the same place that the guy is going to?

March 29, 2012 at 8:39 am |
  93. Meg

I want to know why Trayvon Martin was considered a threat to Zimmerman. He looks like an ordinary harmless teenager. He had a future, and now, because he was considered a "threat", his future is gone.

March 29, 2012 at 8:39 am |
  94. Ryan

he should go to jail. Shoot a person and say you were defending yourself but he didn't actually do anything to you.

March 29, 2012 at 8:39 am |
  95. Trevor

I was wondering why the neighborhood watch guy thought he looked suspicious. You can't just assume he is suspicious because of his appearance. And why did the guy bother following Trayvon?

March 29, 2012 at 8:40 am |
  96. Jason

I wonder if that gut was telling the real story if not he should he killed somebodies son. If the gut is lying he is getting away with murder.

March 29, 2012 at 8:40 am |
  97. Leilani

Why don't they arrest the guy that shot him? It seems unfair shooting someone for no reason.

March 29, 2012 at 8:49 am |
  98. Ruggieri

Why don't they just go ask the girlfriend what he said? Maybe she knows more of what happened.

March 29, 2012 at 8:50 am |
  99. John

I want to know why the neighbor hood watch guy decided to follow him, even though the dispatch ofecor told him it wasn't necessary.

March 29, 2012 at 8:56 am |
  100. jay

I think this is some messed up junk ( dat might sound a little personal but dats da truf bra)

March 29, 2012 at 8:59 am |
  101. Makaela

I think it was Zimmerman just jumping to conclusions about someone. He had no right to shoot someone for looking suspicious. It was tragic and Zimmerman should be in jail for a very long time.

March 29, 2012 at 9:01 am |
  102. Ro-Ro

The only reason Trayvon was shot was because of his race. The only reason why Zimmerman isn't in jail is because of his race. After MLK fought for our freedom I still feel we are chained by racsim.

March 29, 2012 at 9:01 am |
  103. Nicole

Until we know all the facts, it's hard to judge Zimmerman.

March 29, 2012 at 9:10 am |
  104. Cameron

i feel that Zimmerman shot Trayvon because he was racist.

March 29, 2012 at 9:18 am |
  105. Torrie

I really do not understand the people who are defending Zimmerman, I understand that everyone has a right to a fair trial and that we must consider all options but I cannot accept anything other than this man is gulity.
    The lead detective for florida in the case even said he wanted to file a murder case. And recent news footage has shown that the alleged attack by Trayvon had gave little to no visible injuries to Zimmerman. He claimed to be beaten over concrete by Trayvon repeately on the skull, and had a broken nose. No injuries showned that and authorities who responded to the scene said medical attention was not necessary. He was also not licensed to carry a gun of such a high caliber. Being 17, the same age as Martin makes me scared and a little paranoid. What is the world going to come to if we accept someone with a amature authority status take control? he was a neighborhood watchman who thought he could hide the crime under an upstanding citizen status.

March 29, 2012 at 9:31 am |
  106. Eleazar

I would like to know more about the background of both Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. Maybe Trayvon had been hanging with some bad people that had been seen in the neighborhood, maybe Zimmmerman had some racial issues in his background. I think more information will bring alot to light about this tragedy that we call a case.

March 29, 2012 at 9:33 am |
  107. johanna

I wonder if George Zimmerman did this just to get attention.

March 29, 2012 at 9:33 am |
  108. Chris

I know that George Zimmerman wrongly shot Trayvon, then he tried to use the "Stand Your Ground" as a defense.

March 29, 2012 at 9:35 am |
  109. Nigel

Why didn't the police check the mans clothes to see if Trayvon really attacked him? He probably went home and washed all of his clothes off during that incident. Trayvon probably had a few poblems in his life, nobody is perfect. The man did not have to shoot Trayvon. Just let the ploce handle it. Does he even had a gun licens?

March 29, 2012 at 9:36 am |
  110. Malik

Why did the Florida legislature pass a law that allows people to be shot in cold blood?

March 29, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  111. Holland

Was the shooting casued by gang violence or racial hate?

March 29, 2012 at 9:37 am |
  112. Ali

I think Florida needs to change there law of self defense because you'll never know the truth about killing someone. You'll never know if it was for self defense or for nothing....

March 29, 2012 at 9:40 am |
  113. Ali

I think Florida needs to change there law of self defense because you'll never know the truth about killing someone. You'll never know if it was for self defense or for nothing.......

March 29, 2012 at 9:41 am |
  114. Maria

I believe zimmerman should be in jail for taking away a mans life. That is never acceptable, and never should be. No matter what. Treymon is dead and the other guy is not.

March 29, 2012 at 9:44 am |
  115. Zoe

I think that the person that shot him should go to jail because he was told that he didn't need to follow him he want armed all he was holding was skittles thats no resin to kill someone!!!! He needs to go to jail

March 29, 2012 at 9:45 am |
  116. Emma

A report says that Trayvon was laying face-down. If Zimmerman shot Trayvon while he was on top of him, attacking him wouldn't he have been face-up because he would have rolled him off of him? If he shot Trayvon while hen was walking away wouldn't he have fallen forward so he wpould be lying face-down?

March 29, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  117. Killian

So if the guy murdered another guy . . . shouldn't he go to jail? Because I thought murder was murder. So suddenly people can get shot if look suspicous?! Remind me not to wear a hoodie at night.

March 29, 2012 at 9:48 am |
  118. Lexi

Why would Zimmerman follow Martin in the first place? Didn't the court tell him that he wasn't aloud to follow someone around?

March 29, 2012 at 9:50 am |
  119. Becca

I think the guy that shot Trayvon should get punished for what he did. Trayvon was unarmed and he was holding candy. He should go to jail for two years.

March 29, 2012 at 9:52 am |
  120. Nathan

I feel bad for the Martin family;Zimmerman should be jailed for sure. I don't think Zimmerman is telling the truth because I found out he was arrested in 2005. I hope he goes to jail for a very long time.

March 29, 2012 at 9:56 am |

I think the George should be charged with murder because Trayvon was unarmed and George was armed. What im wondering is why would George would feel threatened when Trayvon wasn't even armed? He had candy, thats it!

March 29, 2012 at 9:57 am |
  122. Ashlee

Why wouldn't you charge the man when he admitted to pulling the trigger?

March 29, 2012 at 10:02 am |
  123. Geneva

How can you let him off the hook when he was basically stalking Treyvon, and the dispatcher told Zimmerman to back away?

March 29, 2012 at 10:03 am |
  124. Scott

If he was a teenage when he was shot, then why are they showing his younger pictures? And why is it that everything criminal involves race? Cant we in 2012 get out of this racism mindset that everyone is in.

March 29, 2012 at 10:19 am |
  125. Angela

I think he should go to jail for killing Trayvon. It definitely was not self defense. Trayvon wasn't armed, he was just going home to his dads house. What was so suspicious about him? Even if it was out of self defense, he should go to jail because he killed someone. Murder is Murder!

March 29, 2012 at 10:20 am |
  126. Josh

I wonder what really went on that night and also what was Trayvon doing to make him look suspicious. Zimmerman should not have followed him and we will never know if he attacked first. If Trayvon was targeted for his race than Zimmerman deservice to go to jail even if he did not kill him.

March 29, 2012 at 10:21 am |
  127. HongAnh

I think George should get arrested because Trayvon doesn't have any thing dangerous on him. And I don't think George did it in self defense.

March 29, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  128. Jami

It will be really hard to figure out what happened. This guy could have been acting in self defense, or committing murder. I want to know what really happened and what caused the shooting.

March 29, 2012 at 10:24 am |
  129. jasmine

George Zimmerman killed Trayvon Martin for no reason. George Zimmerman should go to jail for murdering him.

March 29, 2012 at 10:24 am |
  130. David

Just because someone looks suspicious, that doesnt mean that you can shoot the person. When somebody looks mysterious or frightening you never know if the person is good or not. George shouldve left him alone and he wouldnt be in this mess. Imagine how Trayvon's family must be feeling. I hope that justice is brought to the person who is responsible and i feel very sorry for Trayvon's family.

March 29, 2012 at 10:26 am |
  131. Lincoln

If trayvon martin was unarmed then how is it self defense to shoot him?Zimmerman should be trialed until proven inocent.

March 29, 2012 at 10:26 am |
  132. pedro

I thiink that the person that shoot trayvon martin should got to jail

March 29, 2012 at 10:27 am |
  133. Nafeesa

Why isn't George Zimmerman in JAIL? He murdered an innocent kid and should not get away with his crime. Why did Trayvon look suspicious? This man is GUILTY!

March 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
  134. Fernando

I think George Zimmerman have to be punished because of what he did

March 29, 2012 at 10:33 am |
  135. Jared

Why was there no consequence for Zimmerman following Trayvon despite being told by the dispatcher not to do so? I'd also like to know more about the cries for help that were heard by others - whose cries for help were they? It seems unlikely that Trayvon would cry for help if he attacked Zimmerman, as accused.

March 29, 2012 at 10:34 am |
  136. Benji

The question I have is why did trayvon look suspicios personally I think that Zimmerman was racist

March 29, 2012 at 10:35 am |
  137. Dylan

I wonder if Zimmerman killed trayvon in the act of racism or self-defense? Why did trayvon look suspicious? Lastly why did Zimmerman keep going after the dispatcher told him not to?

March 29, 2012 at 10:35 am |
  138. Shyann

I would like to know how Trayvon was so "suspicious?" Why did Zimmerman follow Trayvon after being told not to by the dispatcher?

March 29, 2012 at 10:35 am |
  139. Deanna

Why isn't Zimmerman in prison?
    What was Tray-Von doing to be suspicious ?

March 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  140. Cheyenne

What are people going to do to the murderer? Why did a black person look suspicious?

March 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  141. Kim

Did Zimmerman not have to pay a fine for fallowing Martin after he was tolled not to?

March 29, 2012 at 10:36 am |
  142. Shea

I really want to know if there were any cameras around because when George called 911, they said not to follow Trayvon! How did Trayvon Martin look suspicious? Why was George following him? Did George shoot him because he was a different color and had a hood on? No matter what anyone says this case proves we still have racism in this country.

March 29, 2012 at 10:38 am |
  143. Takwa

I wonder if Florida will reconsider the 'stand your ground' law because of the shooting? Also I'd like to know what the police will do if they find all the evidence against Geogre Zimmerman? Why didn't George Zimmerman do what he was told when Trayvon Martin didn't have any weapons?

March 29, 2012 at 10:38 am |
  144. Kyle

You are so mean Zimmerman hurting gods child

March 29, 2012 at 10:38 am |
  145. elizabeth

I think that this is all very bad and that knowbody should have shot anybody. I think that they're is another story behind us.

March 29, 2012 at 10:38 am |
  146. kevin

Was he following he following him in a sneaky manner?

March 29, 2012 at 10:39 am |
  147. Carsey

I wonder if Martins death had something to do with his color. Racial discrimination is still happening today, and perhaps Zimmerman saw a hoodie and dark skin and figure he is a criminal just because of his appearance.

March 29, 2012 at 10:39 am |
  148. Logan

Why did he look suspicious? Did Trayvon really attack him? Where was he shot? What questions did they ask Zimmerman?

March 29, 2012 at 10:40 am |
  149. Austin

Why?

March 29, 2012 at 10:40 am |
  150. Rhyan

Why is it taking so long for the police to realize news or the facts

March 29, 2012 at 10:40 am |
  151. Cronk

Zimmerman I think that it was racism was it? You're mean Zimmerman

March 29, 2012 at 10:41 am |
  152. cinthya

why did the guy shoot Trayvon? Was it in self defense like they said.

March 29, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  153. Chasity

I woud like to know why Geogre Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin if the dispatcher told him not to? I would also like to know why Trayvon Martin would yell help if he was attacking Geogre Zimmerman? What was Trayvon doing to be suspicious?

March 29, 2012 at 10:42 am |
  154. Lilly

Why do people want to kill each other? It's so inhuman to kill your own kind of people! I get like killing cows and pigs for food, but why people? I understand if you have something against them, it doesn't mean you have to kill them!

March 29, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  155. Aaron

Why would he kill him or anyone in the first place.

March 29, 2012 at 10:43 am |

A question that first came to mind was, why did Zimmerman think Travon Marton was suspicious, was it just because it was at night and he was just walking around?Or was it just from its race?Or was it just that Zimmerman was scared? By no means, he shouldn't have shot him for being suspicious.Zimmerman shot a "suspicious" kid he should have consequences.

March 29, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  157. Brianna

Why didn't the police go straight over there when Zimmerman called the police to go check out what was going on? If they did that Trayvon wouldn't be killed. Why didn't Zimmerman listen to the police and not do anything about it? Trayvon could of been using self defense just like Zimmerman if it was true that he attacked him, I mean he was following him.

March 29, 2012 at 10:43 am |
  158. hannah

Why would Zimmerman be following him in the first place? Its none of his business what a kid does. I think that trayvon saw that he was being followed and went to confront him when Zimmerman shot him.

March 29, 2012 at 10:44 am |
  159. Dallyn

Why did he even shoot him. He should be in jail.

March 29, 2012 at 10:44 am |
  160. Nickole

maybe Trayvon was wondering "Why is that man fowling me" and was walking up to him and Zimmerman shot him because he thought martin was going to attack and why would he be watching Trayvon!

March 29, 2012 at 10:45 am |
  161. Erica

My question is why would Zimmerman follow Trayvon? It just leads me to where he wanted Trayvon to attack him so he could shoot him in self defense. So he could of had this all planned out so Trayvon would of been killed. People have been saying that Zimmerman was racist. And that Trayvon has other criminal backgrounds. So we will never know what really happened till someone tells the truth of what happened. But still why would you be even carrying a gun around? And why would Zimmerman be following him? Trayvon probably was trying to figure out why someone is following him so he could of been self defensing himself. We will really never know what really happened.

March 29, 2012 at 10:46 am |
  162. Ghost

Why would the shooter shoot at the Trayvon when was he himself was fallowing Trayvon so Trayvon had the right to self defense

March 29, 2012 at 10:48 am |
  163. Kevin

Just look at it this way is a creep

March 29, 2012 at 10:50 am |
  164. Thomas

Is it true that Zimmerman is a racist? Is it true that he was following a suspicious person or was he stalking a innocent young man? Sure he isn't the best kid in the world but that does not change the fact that he was shot and killed. Could Zimmerman have been planning this murder or is this a self defense? Martin is dead because of the "Stand Your Ground Law". Zimmerman was armed and Martin was not. If this law wasn't passed maybe Martin could still be alive. The real question is, will there ever be justice for Trayvon Martin or will George Zimmerman be free until he dies?

March 29, 2012 at 10:51 am |
  165. Issac

Is Zimmerman telling the truth or not? How would anyone know whether he was attacked or not?

March 29, 2012 at 10:51 am |
  166. Nicholas

I don't get why he (Trayvon) would attack someone if he was out doing something nice for his family.

March 29, 2012 at 10:52 am |
  167. Britney

I go with Erica just why would Zimmerman do that?

March 29, 2012 at 10:52 am |
  168. Nickole

And maybe Zimmerman planned the whole thing

March 29, 2012 at 10:52 am |
  169. Clarita

Whyy exactly did they shot him? I heard they shot him because he was walking threw a community on the phone with his hood on , and they thought he was a criminal.

March 29, 2012 at 10:53 am |
  170. Josh

Shouldn't he (Zimmerman), be charged for following Trayvon? It seems like he was the one committing the crime by stalking a teenager after being told by police to back off.

March 29, 2012 at 10:54 am |
  171. Nazareth

God Bless Trayvon and his family. Whatever the truth is, Trayvon has my blessing. Unless he was a convicted murderer or drug addict or something.

March 29, 2012 at 10:56 am |
  172. Kevin

Just look at it this way if a man was following you in the middle of the night would you run? If a guy approaches you in the middle of night while your walking home, would you fight to defend yourself?

March 29, 2012 at 10:57 am |
    • bronson

I never thought of it that way nice comment

March 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
    • Heather

Do you mean Zimmerman or Treyvon? I think Treyvon should be the one using self defense, not an adult with a gun. He was told not to follow Treyvon, or at least that is what I am told. No need for self defense if he had just listened to what he had been told, I feel what happened was completely unecessary, sorry for my spelling. . . 🙂

April 12, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
  173. keven

killing is killing so he should go to jail but not forever

March 29, 2012 at 10:58 am |
  174. Robert

Why should Zimmerman go to jail? He should because why would a white shoot a unarmed black that apparently attacked Zimmerman. There's no real evidence that he really shot him in self defense. This could be a new start to a new Civil Rights Movement. Could Zimmerman hurt himself and did that stuff to Trayvon to cover up the real story behind the incident?

March 29, 2012 at 10:59 am |
    • Mystery

I personly am a white person but I would mad that a black was shot too because I have tons of black people I know and they wouldnt attack a white person. and i like his point im replying on

March 29, 2012 at 11:04 am |
  175. Luke

I just want to know why there are no bruises or scars,not even the littlest proof of a fight.George was said to be using self-defense.so what im not seeing is the prroof that he had to have used defense against Treyvon in the first place.

March 29, 2012 at 11:12 am |
  176. Meghan

Why would he just shoot. I know he felt harmed, he was armed so why he just tried talking to Trayvon and seeing what he was doing out that late. I think its so sad that, that happened.

March 29, 2012 at 11:12 am |
  177. Naya

The type of question you should be asking is :
    If Zimmerman got jumped by a 175 lb boy where are the bruse?
    Does Zimmerman have a criminal record?
    Is zimmerman a racist?
    Why does a neighborhood whatch man doing with a gun?

March 29, 2012 at 11:16 am |
  178. Nehemiah

I really don't understand why do people the most dumbest things. That man was told not to mess with him and he shoot him. They need to get that man and take him to jail because the boy didn't do anything the that man. Just walking home from the store.

March 29, 2012 at 11:21 am |
  179. Miguel

I think that is not fair that they killed him they thought he was a gangster I wonder if they took him to jail.

March 29, 2012 at 11:22 am |
    • Naomi

THEY DIDNT TAKE HIM TO JAIL... UNBELIVAABLE

March 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  180. Eli

I wonder if george really is racist? ... why would he keep following trevon is the police said "you do not have to?"

March 29, 2012 at 11:23 am |
    • Naomi

i dont quite think he was racest because trayvon was in a gated community that he did not live in so zimerman was suspicias but i agree with ZIMERMAN NEEDS TO GO TO JAIL

March 29, 2012 at 12:17 pm |
    • Alexis

he said dont...he asked for all this .

March 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm |
  181. Sofia

My question to the investigators is : are there any eye witnesses? did the man really shoot tryvon in self defense? and last why would a 17 year old attack a man while coming homw from the grocery store?

March 29, 2012 at 11:27 am |
  182. Marquise

March 29, 2012 at 11:30 am |
  183. casiana

Why was he shot? What did he do to deserve Death? He had so much more to live for. So sad. What point was his shooter trying to make? POINTLESS. RIP TRAYVON

March 29, 2012 at 11:32 am |
    • Kaylee

I agree what more has to happen?

March 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
    • Alyssa

Your right, it is pointless!!! Trayvon had so much to live for and could of accomplished many things. So sad.

March 29, 2012 at 5:28 pm |
  184. zach

if a cop shot a person unarmed it is clearly murder.. the cop should be arrested for shooting a unarmed kid i think he should be fired and justified in the court of law

March 29, 2012 at 11:34 am |
  185. Rachel

I find it ridiculous how policemen decided to make a big case on this incident when they have no prof on facts of what happened. It seems like many questions to the incident are unanswerable. Questions that should be known are not answered. Such as why did the man shot the person? Did he have a reasonable reason for why he killed the man? Did he kill the person because of self defense? Or, is he being blamed for the killing when he didn't even do it? Did somebody scam him? multiple questions to this incident are unknown. But why ?

March 29, 2012 at 11:34 am |
  186. Krysta

I am not really interested neighborhood in the Trayvon Martin shooting. My opinion its that the guy obviously shot him for a reason. It makes no sense the a watch patrol would shot him out of the blue.

March 29, 2012 at 11:36 am |
    • Heather

Why aren't you interested? He was a young man with a life to live, and because of other peoples actions his right to live was taken from him. That is wrong in my opinion. If you believe differently I understand, I just feel he had no right to go and shoot a boy for what appears to be no reason at all.

April 12, 2012 at 9:45 pm |
  187. sabrinna

to be honest i think that gorege should go to jail no questions asked. it was raining and trayvon was wearing a hoodie jacket i dont think he would do anything wrong you can look at his pictures he looks like he wouldnt harm anybody. i really think that gorege is lying. murder is murder if he doesnt get to go to jail then its messed up to everybody whos in jail now that murder somebody regaurdless if he was on watch or not

March 29, 2012 at 11:37 am |
  188. Isaiah

I want to know why did the man shoot the kid? Was the boy about to attack him? Did the man just shoot him for no reason just to lie to the police and murder. Or did the man who shot the boy know him and didn't like him so he just killed him. ?????????

March 29, 2012 at 11:55 am |
  189. Olivia

If the police told Zimmerman NOT to follow Trayvon, why didnt he listen? Why isnt he arrested yet?

March 29, 2012 at 12:00 pm |
  190. Shannan

I would like to know what Trayvon martin's girlfriend heard over the phone. I would also like to know why the police can't understand that Zimmerman is wrong. If we have all these information, why are the police still not getting it?

March 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
  191. Kyle

I would like to know Trayvon's girlfriend's opinion about the shooting.

March 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
  192. Reem

One of my questions that poped in my mind while watching CNN Student News on Thursday is Why did Zimmerman kept following Treyvon if George Zimmerman called 911 and 911 told him to NOT follow Treyvon?

March 29, 2012 at 12:09 pm |
  193. Isaac

If he was talking to his girlfriend on the phone why don't they question her?

March 29, 2012 at 12:11 pm |
  194. Jaden

Why did he follow Trayvon home if the police told him not to? That's defying the police, and aren't you supposed to listen to what the police say, not do the opposite?

March 29, 2012 at 12:12 pm |
  195. Gabrielle

I don't know why George Zimmerman followed Trayvon Martin even though the police told him that following Trayvon was not necessary. George should've been taken into custody for stalking Trayvon.

March 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
  196. Naomi

zimerman.... well what can i say shame on you! the law in florida is if you feel your life is in danger you may stand your ground and shoot BUT ZIMERMAN WAS FOLLOWING TRAYVON lets work together and make justice for trayvon

March 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
  197. Domonic

Even if it was in a good neighborhood, the fact that he wasnt white made the shooter nervous? If he was white, would he have been shot out of "self defence"? I dont think so. RIP TRAYVON

March 29, 2012 at 12:13 pm |
  198. Katie

First, why did Zimmerman have a gun in his car, and second,is trayvon's girlfriend a witness?

March 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
  199. Olivia

Shouldn't the guy who killed Travon be arrested for following him after the police told him not to?

March 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm |
  200. Amy

I have a lot of questions about the Trayvon Martin Florida shooting. First, if Zimmerman called 911 numerous times for seemingly no reason, why should the police trust him this time he called saying Trayvon looked suspicious? Second, why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that Zimmerman shot Trayvon just because he was black? A lot of people say if the kid Zimmerman shot was white he would be in jail right away but we have no way of knowing what would have happened. Finally, if Zimmerman was attacked then shouldn't he be at least a little hurt?

March 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm |

What happened in Trayvon 's moments before his death if Zimmerman was told by the police to not follow Trayvon why did he continue to follow Trayvon? Zimmerman was in his car following TrayVon why did get out of his car? What made Zimmerman consider Trayvon Martin suspicious yes he was wearing a hoodie and it was late at night but did TrayVon's race another reason zimmerman shot him. Zimmerman would probably be a little beat up if TrayVon did attack Zimmerman, so was Zimmerman really attacked?

March 29, 2012 at 12:18 pm |
  202. Rachel

There are so many questions about this case that are unanswered, because no one can prove what really happened yet. You have to wonder why Zimmerman was following Martin even though he was told he didn't have to... you would think a person would turn around if they thought anything was suspicious.

March 29, 2012 at 12:21 pm |
  203. Rachel

We can't prove that Martin was or wasn't doing anything suspicious, because people lie easily and quickly. Zimmerman may have been lying about Martin doing anything wrong, but we can't prove anything until further research.

March 29, 2012 at 12:22 pm |
  204. Gaelon

I wanna know if this was an actual accident. This guy could be lying about the story he told police, but we won't know until more evidence is found.

March 29, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
  205. Benjamin

I don't think he shot the kid in self defense. I think he was a resist person who saw an African American in a sweat shirt and shot him for no apparent reason.

March 29, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
  206. Haley

What did the boy really do to deserve death? Did the man have something against the boy, and thats why he shot him? Was the man using self defense? Was the boy doing something violent? Maybe trying to smuggle drugs or weapons (which is no reason to kill a boy)? Did the man and the boy know each other?

March 29, 2012 at 12:24 pm |
  207. Jake

Why did he shot?

March 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  208. Garrett

Well, i think that they need to search in more, and that Trayvon Martin probably does deserve justice. But at the same time. Trayvon also did have a golden grill in his mouth and Gang tattoos on him. So he could have been in a gang which does mean there is a high risk of him getting killed. I think they need to search in more.

March 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
    • Heather

Garrett, where did you hear about the golden grill and gang tattoos? I would like to hear your source so I can read it also.

April 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm |
  209. Emily

If I had someone following me, I would run. The only reason that I would attack was if they attacked me first. Trayvon was only 17, he had a life ahead of him. Why don't the police/investigators find out if there was anyone who witnessed it? Why did he have to die for no reason? RIP Trayvon.

March 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  210. Rachel

Why did Zimmerman feel the need to have a gun on him in the first place? How many people do you know that just walk down the street with a gun in their pocket? Clearly, Zimmerman thought that there might be something happening that day that would require a weapon.

March 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm |
  211. j

This could have been a hate crime against Trayvon. The police should do something.

March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
  212. jack

I think that zimmermans story is a little sketchy because the story he was telling is that he was fallowing trayvon but then he attacked him?

March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
  213. Rachel

This was clearly a murder case, self-defense or not. Zimmerman was a total vigilante, for better or for worse.

March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
  214. Carrie

Why would he have been wondering outside at night? Maybe he was on his way to commit some kind of crime. Does his family have a bad background? Does he have a bad background? They should find out more about the family of the boy who got shot. Why would the other guy follow him if he was told not to? They should find out the background of the guy who shot the boy as well. Who called 911? is there a possibility that they new the boy? Could they have been related to the guy who shot him?

March 29, 2012 at 12:27 pm |
  215. Brandan

Zimmerman should not have followed him, since the police told him not too. That seems suspicious. What was so suspicious about Trayvon?

March 29, 2012 at 12:31 pm |
  216. Kaille

I wonder why George Zimmerman even felt the need to fallow Trayvon. He could've just called the cops and delt with it that way so he didn't have to take someones live.

March 29, 2012 at 12:34 pm |
  217. Deametrious

Why would Treyvon attack someone,
    who was twice his size, instead of running from him?

March 29, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
  218. Pedro

Why was he following him when he could of waited for the police to do the work.

March 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
  219. Nikko

Why don't the police do something he killed a unarmed kid it is a murder.

March 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm |

I don't have any questions, but wouldn't you think that if they wanted answers they would ask questions to the suspects?

March 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
  221. Jamese

If Treyvon attacked Zimmerman, why were there no marks on his body?

March 29, 2012 at 12:36 pm |
  222. Mark

I think he should have to serve jail for a couple of years.

March 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  223. Emily

What exactly was in the bag Trayvon was holding that caused a man to think suspiciously upon a 17-year old boy? Was there even any witnesses?

March 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  224. Olivia

What does the court think on the shooter? Do they believe he was acting in self-defense or do they think that he did it on purpose for now apparent reason?

March 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  225. shayla

the person that shot that 17 yr old kid shot get put in jail for killing that kid that did not don anything to him R.I.P

March 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  226. Brittany

Why would the neighborhood watchman cause trouble, when he is supposed to be preventing it? Why would he be so suspicious?

March 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  227. Hunter

Does Zimmerman have a history of chronic paranoia or another psycological condition that would have driven him to believe Trayvon was a threat and would attack him? This would be very important to know if he is ever to be arrested and tried in court.

March 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  228. Mattie

I know that this is a bad thing that this kid died but a hundreds other kids get murdered every day i really don't get why this kid is so much more important than the other kids.

March 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  229. Tasiana

Why did Zimmerman continue to follow someone after being advised by the police not to follow him?

March 29, 2012 at 12:38 pm |
  230. SUNNY

this is messed up the guy shot him he should be in jail that is how it works in mainly all the states so why not there people that do this are probably wanting to say they did it but don't want to go to jail for it so they never find out and the man who did this does it again and uses the same story and get away again so what the police need to do is sit the guy down and ask him questions until he breaks and if he doesn't break and says he did it on porpoise then let him go but other wise find out for him and his family.

March 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  231. Emily

If there is no evidence that Zimmerman was tying to murder Trayvon purposely, shouldn't he still get consequences for disobeying the police? I mean they did tell him to stop following Trayvon and they would handle it right?

March 29, 2012 at 12:39 pm |
  232. Lizbeth

What did Trayvon do to him that he had to kill him?

March 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  233. Danae

If he shot him for self defense, why didn't he first confront him or get a closer look at him? How do you know in the first place if the shooter was really even using self defense? They could have a past relation with each other that wasn't very good.

March 29, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  234. Nigel

I think that they should use a lie detector to see if was lying or telling the truth about killing Trayvon. If he is lying, they should put him in jail for the years Trayvon lived for. If he is telling the truth, (Which I highly doubt) they should check everyone who was around the scene of the crime.

March 29, 2012 at 12:42 pm |
  235. Brooke.

Why are we making a big deal out of this? People die everyday, and we choose some kid at random to petition and make a big deal out of?
    Maybe he did kill him from self defense. People can't say anything about it when there's no evidence anyways. For now, all we can say is that it was self defense.

March 29, 2012 at 12:43 pm |
  236. sam

im wondering what facts are true and what facts are just speculations. Sometimes I have noticed on the news how they say that the this is what they think will happen (like with elections, etc), but to a viewer just tuning in it might seem like a fact. I just want to know and confirm the facts that are true.

March 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm |
  237. sam

this case seems very complicated, and I believe that everyone should get the entire story from every person involved. since we cannot get the whole story yet, then we should not come to conclusions yet about whos gulity and who is not. i believe that everyones gulity until proven innocent.

March 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  238. Bailey

I want to know why don't the police not check the body for the evidence? I take criminology and study the facts of murder, and the way a bullet is positioned in a body can tell if it was murder or self deference, granted that Trayvon was wearing a hoodie, it can be easyly mistaken, yet if there was security cameras at the scene of the crime then the police can tell from that and the wounds, again I don't thing it was on purpose but I still think they should hold Zimmerman in custody,
    Thank you for taking your time to read this.

March 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  239. sam

this case seems very complicated, and I believe that everyone should get the entire story from every person involved. since we cannot get the whole story yet, then we should not come to conclusions yet about whos gulity and who is not. i believe that everyones innocent until proven gulity.

March 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  240. Curtron

It's the normal black teenage thing that man probably seen him before and didn't like him....Sad cause it's kind of a every day thing....Hopefully he gets what he deserves.What i want to know is why does keep changing up his story? It's been changed more than twice and he still has not been convicted of anything.....I been watching most of it lately and believe me this cant get his story straight and keep it that way...Something needs to happen.... Then he made up a story that sound like it was used in a Romeo and Juliet...But hopefully Trayvon gets the justice he deserves and can rest in peace with out everyone who wants to be on Zimmerman side give him a bad name..

March 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm |
  241. Riley

I don't get why Zimmerman would think of him as "a suspisous character" when all Trayvon was walking home with some snacks and then he killed him?

March 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm |
  242. Sue

What would of happen if the shoe was on the other foot?????????

March 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
  243. Nicco

Who gave him the right to follow him, and also gave him the right to shoot someone who they dont know.

March 29, 2012 at 1:35 pm |
  244. Randi

What made Trayvon a "suspicious person"? What was he doing that seemed odd or dangerous to Zimmerman? And thirdly, why didn't Zimmerman follow the dispatchers instructions?

March 29, 2012 at 1:36 pm |
  245. Ziggy

Why did he even follow him? I wonder if he has any previous criminal history.

March 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
  246. Kd

The shooter probley had something bad on Trayvon but if that wasn't it he was stupid too do it now Trayvons family will be in deep depress...

March 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm |
  247. Bryson

If is was self defence why didnt he just pull out some taekwondo?

March 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
  248. Billy

The neighborhood watch is supposed to protect their neighborhood...so he shoots an innocent 17 year old because he looked "Suspicious". He claims it was self defense, was he protecting himself from Trayvon's Skittles that he bought for his little brother?

March 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm |
  249. Zane

Why was he even following him? The thing he should have done is call the REAL police. Thatso nly if he had any other criminal records!

March 29, 2012 at 1:43 pm |
  250. Billie

What types of rights does a neighborhood watch volunteer have? What kind of rights do civilians have to protect themselves from volunteers like Zimmerman? If 911 told Zimmerman not to pursue, then why did he? Is there a rule or law that says that guys cannot wear a hoody? If not, they why is there a problem with anyone wearing one to the point were someone dies for it?

March 29, 2012 at 1:54 pm |
  251. Bryson

If it was a nieghborhood watch then he was abuseing his authority for shooting him and he should be arrested.

March 29, 2012 at 1:55 pm |
  252. Ivette

Why did he have to shoot him? Couldn't Zimmerman have just gone to his parents, instead of jumping straight to the point of killing Trayvon?

March 29, 2012 at 1:57 pm |
  253. Olivia

Does Zimmerman have any mental issues? If he does, maybe he could think he was being attacked when he wasn't.

March 29, 2012 at 1:59 pm |
  254. Gracie

My question is.... How did the cops know that he shot him

March 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  255. Samantha

Was Travon Martin ever known to fight,and why would George Zimmerman fallow if he was told it wasn't safe?

March 29, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  256. donovan

We don't know the truth

March 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  257. Corbin

How do they know that he shot

March 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  258. Mya

I have one question why did he do it why did shot him but I beve that he lied

March 29, 2012 at 2:15 pm |
  259. alyssa

I think that guy was just against African American people.

March 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  260. andrew

why was he shot?what did he do to deserve to die.he had so much to live for.

March 29, 2012 at 2:17 pm |
  261. Manny

Why did Zimmerman think Trayvon was suspicious in the first place? Wouldn't he (Zimmerman) have seen the teenager before, if he was the all informed neighborhood watch captain? And why does a neighborhood watch captain have a gun in the first place?

March 29, 2012 at 2:19 pm |
  262. kainen

why would george do that he was just walking and who would trust that he was beating him up nice lie george

March 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  263. Pierce and Sam

Why did Trayvon attack Zimmerman?

March 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  264. whitney

My question is ........... was the guy that was suspicious racist

March 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |
  265. Jairus

I feel that the "Stand Your Ground" law should not come into play with this case because the evidence up until now shows that George Zimmerman chased Treyvon Martin when he should have just asked him his name and where was he going. What are the rules for using this law?

March 29, 2012 at 2:22 pm |

why would someone do that when he was just walking some where?

March 29, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  267. Devin

Why has Zimmerman not explained himself yet? Saying that this was self-defense when he was obviously pursuing Trayvon is not justice.

March 29, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  268. Rohana

Why did Zimmerman follow Trayvon after the 911 told him not to? Wouldn't that have prevented the whole problem?

March 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm |
  269. Jaime

How was it self defense when he approached Trayvon? Trayvon was not commiting a crime. Zimmerman was following an ordinary civilian and he continued to harass Trayvon after the police told him not to do so.

March 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm |
  270. Corbin and Jackson

We are on trayvons side because if he was walking home from the convienent store with a pack of skittles and an ice tea why would he be acting crazy.

March 29, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  271. jeannine

he was not doing anything that hurt the man, so he should not have hurt him. my question is, why did the man really shoot?

March 29, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  272. Cardona

Does any believe that this will change the law in Florida? Will a decision come down that will make a precedent?

March 29, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  273. colleen

the guy that was shooting should have got arested becaus ethe police told him to wait there insted he shot him so the cops should take him to court and let the jude deside.

March 29, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  274. Guy

Did George Zimmerman suffer any injuries? What made him afraid for his life?

March 29, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  275. will

I think that every body likes to blame the white guy because its easier for everyone to belive that the guy would do this as a hate crime, but how come its so hard to belive blacks can be racest sometimes. But the black guy would have killed the white guy they would not even consider it a race crime...

March 29, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  276. Patrick

If a teenager was unarmed are you were a grown adult, don't you think you could handle him without a gun?

March 29, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
  277. Garret

I want to know why Trayvon would be shot because he was in a hoody.

March 29, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
  278. Kali

I really want to know if the man who shot him was racist?

March 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
  279. Wolfe

I think in somewhat it could be self defense on both parts..Trayvon martin could have felt he was in danger and decided to confront him when that happened Zimmerman thought himself was in danger and shot Trayvon.

March 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm |
  280. jacob

Why do people have to be so cruel?

March 29, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  281. Kyle

why was he following the kid if the police told him he didn't need to? because to that sounds a little suspicious.

March 29, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  282. bubba

He shot someone that looked like a thug, theres no reason to fire at someone unless there armed with any weapon and/or shooting at you.And why does the neighbor hood watch have a gun anyways?

March 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  283. Danielle

What Did Trayvon Martin Do So He Was Shot? Why Was That Guy Even Following Him? Who Was Following Him? What If More People In That Neighborhood Are In Danger. What Would The Police Do To Not Let This Happen Ever Again?

March 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  284. Kyle

why was he following the kid if the police told him he didn't need to? because to me that sounds a little suspicious.

March 29, 2012 at 2:48 pm |
  285. Jason

If the police reveal any info maybe people will be a little better sense of what happen?

March 29, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
  286. Beatriz

People dont even now what happen. I now what lee did and I think its not fair, Lee tweeted the wrong address and the old couple got thrown rocks. The police are going to handle it just leave it to them.

March 29, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
  287. justeen

How did they know he was the one that shot and killed the other guy?

March 29, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
  288. Selena

what did the kids do to deserve to be shot he problem had a lot of plans for life but now he cant

rip trayvon

March 29, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
  289. Aaron

I say that the guy who killed that one teen should go to jail and is guilty for what he has done.

March 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  290. christina

i get how there wasnt enough info on the guy but if you believed he had a gun and you are a part of the block watch then why would you not listen to the people that you are trying to help why would you go behind what you are trying to help i think what he did was wrong and that he should be punished badly because of what he did

March 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  291. Jessica

Even as a watchmen, why was he even carrying a gun? He should have stopped Trayvon and questioned him, before following. It's the most obvious thing to do. It's pretty clear why Trayvon attacked him, he was maybe scared and didn't know what to do. Shooting was definitely un-called for in this situation. RIP Trayvon.

March 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  292. abbie

Why was he shot?Why don't the police do anything about the shooting?are there any eye witnesses? did the man really shoot tryvon in self defense?And killing is killing so he should go to jail but not forever?And i wonder how did he really die like what if Zimmerman was not the killer and he went over to Tryvon was okay and not died.And i hope Tryvon could rest in peace and be happy.

March 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  293. Jacob

People shouldn't be so angry yet because we don't know if it was on accident or on purpose. And if was on accident then people did all these thing for no reason.

March 29, 2012 at 2:52 pm |
  294. Glenn

I think that it was earthier in self defense or if he just shot and killed him because of his race.If it was because of his race i think that he should be put to justice as soon as they can put him in jail or prison.Then again if it was because of self defense i think they should investigate more and then decide if he is guilty or not guilty.I still think it was because of his race because he didn't really said that much to the police.I think that George Zimmerman is guilty because of what i heard and i think he should go to prison.

March 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm |
  295. Calysta

Why did George shoot him if Trayvon was not armed. Traoyvon would not be able to kill someone that has a gun if he
    does not have any type of weapon.

March 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  296. jacob

Why would this dude even shoot Trayvon Martin was it because he thought he was using self-defense or he just hatted Trayvon Martin for some reason. I think Trayvon Martins killer should go to jail for what he did I think his killer is a lier and must go to jail

March 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  297. shaterri

Is George Zimmerman going to be arrested for this cause he kill an boy for no reason guess what justice will be severed

RIP TRAYVON

March 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm |
  298. Caitlin

According to all of the evidence shown, I think that this man is guilty and the major piece of that is video from the police department after he was arrested, that ABC news showed and there was no injuries to his nose. Ahyin him and him and him and him did George had a Handgun in the first place.

March 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm |
    • Caitlin

I meant that, and why did zimmerman have a handgun around anyways

March 30, 2012 at 4:20 pm |
      • Christopher

maby he was doing something aginst the law and he had to watch his back but anyway that dose not give him a right to kill a young boy!

April 10, 2012 at 2:49 pm |
  299. DEBBIE

THIS WAS A PERSON WHOM OVERRACTED IN HIS PURSUIT, HE COULD OF STAYED BACK (AS HE WAS TOLD TO DO)BUT, ALSO, HE COULD OF STAYED BACK AND WATCHED TO SEE IF HE WAS DOING ANYTHING MALICIOUS, HE WOULD OF THEN SEEN THAT HE WAS WALKING TO HIS HOME.. HE,WENT RAMBO ON THIS KID AND HE SHOULD PAY FOR HIS VIGILANTE APPROACH... HE DID NOT LOOK INJURED IN THE VIDEO AND HE IS NOW APPEARING AS THOUGH HE HAD THE CRAP BEAT OUT OF HIM FOR SELF DEFENSE.. WHY HAVE THEY NOT RELEASED THE AUTOPSY REPORT, HOPEFULLY HE WAS NOT SHOT IN THE BACK..OR ALL HELL IS GOING TO BREAK LOOSE... HE SHOULD OF BEEN ARRESTED AND HELD UNTIL THE INVESTIGATION WAS COMPLETE OR NEAR COMPLETE, TILL THE AUTOPSY WAS PERFORMED, ETC... THIS DOES NOT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THE AUTHORIIES DOWN THERE EXCEPT INCOMPETENCE OR RACIAL BIAS..

March 29, 2012 at 3:28 pm |
  300. DEBBIE

sHOULD OF BEEN HE IS NOT APPEARING AS THO HE HAD THE CRAP JUST BEATEN OUT OF HIM, HE DOES NOT LOOK ASSAULTED AT ALL AND DOES NOT MOVE LIKE HE HAD BEEN ASSULTED AT ALL, THEY WOULD NOT OF HANDCUFFED HIM IF HIS NOSE WAS BROKEN, THE WOULD OF LET HIM BE ABLE TO CLEAR HIS NOSE AND USE TISSUE IF IT WERE BLEEDING AND BROKEN... SORRY, DOES NOT LOOK GOOD FOR HIM IN THIS VIDEO CLIP

March 29, 2012 at 3:30 pm |
  301. amanda

I think that treyvon got spooked when he found out he was being followed and thought that he was being attacked and the guy shot him

March 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm |
  302. Brooke

How do we know that Zimmerman was using self defense? But also, how do we know Trayvon was completely and totally innocent?

March 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm |
  303. Nathan

I dont see why it took the police so long to react to what happened to trayvon

March 29, 2012 at 3:34 pm |

If Trayvon really did attack Zimmerman, he must have needed a reason. Most people don't attack for no reason. So, what exactly did Zimmerman say or do to set Trayvon off?

March 29, 2012 at 3:35 pm |
  305. lindsey

I just wanna know, if this happens to be ruled as a murder, id like to ask george; "what drives a person to kill an innocent child?".......

March 29, 2012 at 3:36 pm |
  306. nicholas

why did George Zimmerman have a gun, did he have perment

March 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
  307. taylor

i don't understand y Zimmerman followed trayvon

March 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
  308. Alec

trayon should have ran i guess or stab him with any thing aroud him to diffend him self

March 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm |
  309. Anson

I don't believe it was directly an act of racism, but i'm wondering if implied racism was using, mainly because Treyvon was African-American and that was the only basis George Zimmerman had for seeing him as 'suspicious'.

March 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  310. Kalee

Why didn't the cops do anything? And why was he shot in the first place?

March 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  311. Andrew

Why did he shoot Trayvon and claim it was for self defence when he didnt have any briuse's or blood
    on him? If he killed him in self defence he would have briuse's or blood on him.

March 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
  312. sequoyah

Whey would zimmer shoot someone and say it was self defense who cares if he didnt have a weapon he should get charged with somthing

March 29, 2012 at 3:39 pm |
    • joshua

I now why he did it the color of him that why if zimmerman was black and Trayvon was white he would of been arested by now so yall people that have not areested him yet stop being a butt and arest him.

March 30, 2012 at 10:27 am |
  313. Woody

Who appointed George Zimmerman the Neighborhood Watchman? By not following the dispatcher's instructions, did George Zimmerman break any laws?

March 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
  314. Alan

Y doesn't the police put the guy who shoot Trayvon on the lieing detectors?

March 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
  315. bunny

so sad

March 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm |
  316. Kylar

Are there any eye witnesses? Why would you shoot a kid walking for no reason? I believe he should be put in jail for killing him.

March 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  317. freddy

what does the parents feel about there son being shot?

March 29, 2012 at 3:41 pm |
  318. Morgan

Police scene, Y U NO HAVE MORE EVIDENCE?! George should go to jail because he clearly murdered Trayvon..

March 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
  319. Cyndal

Was there any eye witnesses? They should have taken pics of the person the shot Trayvon if he claimed it was self- defense! Those pictures should have been used for the case!

March 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
  320. Mary

Trayvon didn't do anything wrong. All he had was tea and skittles, like that can hurt anyone. The Zimmerman had a gun and he shot Trayvon before finding out information. Zimmerman should've listen to the cops and not follow Trayvon. I don't believe it was self-defense. What would you do if you saw someone walking in the middle of night with huddie, tea, skittles, and on the phone? I wouldn't do anything, i would mind my own business.

March 29, 2012 at 3:42 pm |
  321. Ally

I want to know why everything about this whole case is so vague. Firstly, why did Zimmerman even have a gun? Secondly, Zimmerman claimed he was "attacked" and he shot him out of self-defense. You don't just shoot someone because they started fist fighting you! All Treyvon had was skittles, tea and a phone. You can't use any of those as a real weapon. If Zimmerman really felt threatened, really felt like his life was on the line when he was "punched", then why didn't he try to run, or do everything in his power to get Treyvon off him, without using the gun? It doesn't seem right to me.

March 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  322. moises

Why doesn't the police arrest the guy that shot him.
    That is practically a murder

March 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  323. myrtle

y is the press saying that zemberman thought he was on drugs now what i wont to know if he really was on drugs

March 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  324. Joey

Why did George Zimmerman start following Trayvon in the first place?

March 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  325. Ann

There are just too many sides to the same story. I believe that after this long the law can hardly punish him for murder, but there are other ways that Trayvon Martin can recieve justice. Too many times situations have come about like this, and sometimes it even occurs that the one accused was indeed innocent. All we know for sure is that Trayvon was shot. So we should start from there. I also think that the more we make this about race, the more about race it becomes. Think about it. If he was indeed an honerable youn man then his memory will want what is right. For all we know the truth may have past away with him...

March 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  326. Stevie

What did Trayvon do to Zimmerman? Nothing at all right? Then why was he shot for no appearant reason? Did Zimmerman shoot Trayvon because Trayvon was black? Too many questions, not enough answers. R.I.P Trayvon, gone but never forgotten. 😦

March 29, 2012 at 3:43 pm |
  327. Jacob

why didnt the neighbor watch guy dosn't get arrested for it

March 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  328. vianka :D

It wasn't "murder" haven't you people heard SELF DEFENSE?! god, go ahead and hate .. It wasn't his fault just saying.

March 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  329. sarah

For a person to kill another person is not explain able its hard to believe that someone could live with the feeling that he knows that he KILLED a young life...that could of made a huge different in the world but now he has no choice what he is going to do because some person took the poor kids life.....

March 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  330. Ethan

Well its hard to tell what happened because it would be easy to make up a story like this if he just wanted to kill somebody But why would he attack him?

March 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  331. Josh

I think this whole story has been blown out of proportion. It was self defense not racism.

March 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  332. jazmin

I think they should make justice at least give him a 6 year penalty.

March 29, 2012 at 3:44 pm |
  333. Haylee

I think that it is ridiculous that a grown man thinks that he can shoot a teenager... It's unacceptable. I honestly think that the man that shot him should go to jail/prison. There is no reason that a grown man would need to shoot a teenager for self-defense.

March 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  334. nathan

I think that a neighborhood watch should be to protect people from gun's and stop deaths in their neighborhood .
    why didn't Zimmerman get arrested ? why would a 17 year old kid attack somebody after going to the grocery store

March 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  335. Stephanie

Why did Zimmerman think he was suspicious if Treyvon was only walking outside? He decided to follow him after the police told him it wasn't necessary, so Treyvon may have said he attacked (if he even did) in self defense as well, because Zimmerman was following him.e

March 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  336. bronson

is George Zimmerman really telling the truth the authorities should pay more attention to this question if they do not know this answer the rest of the case is a wild goose chase

March 29, 2012 at 3:45 pm |
  337. Selina

How did the parent feel about there son getting shot..

March 29, 2012 at 3:46 pm |
  338. Jennifer

Why did the police not arrest Zimmerman for killing Trayvon?

March 29, 2012 at 3:47 pm |
  339. phillip

How would Trayvon attack George if Trayvon only had an ice tea and a bag of skittles. And George was even told not to follow him, so Trayvon had the right to use self defense.

March 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  340. Jaclyn

I think they should ask for eyewitnesses. When the scene of the shooting is shown it looks like it happened in front of houses or an apartment complex. Someone must have seen this. I think they should investigate it quite it bit more, I think the case is fishy and might have been murder. What could a teenager do that would make a *cop* feel the need to defend himself?

March 29, 2012 at 3:48 pm |
  341. Jacob

Why don't police just arrest the guy that shot him

March 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm |
  342. Alan

Why was Trayvon Martin shot and why was the cop following him if the cops say not to.

March 29, 2012 at 3:50 pm |
  343. Daniel

What was so threating about Trayvon? What did he do wrong? Is that why he got shot?

March 29, 2012 at 3:51 pm |
  344. Eli

My question is this: What were Zimmerman's full reasons for shooting Trayvon? Trayvon didn't seem to be acting suspicious, which begs the question of why he was still shot, and furthermore, did race have anything to do with Zimmerman's actions?

March 29, 2012 at 3:53 pm |
  345. Angela

He should go to jail because he killed Trayvon. Trayvon was just walking home from the store to his dad's house with a bag of skittles. What possibly could have been so suspicious about that? I don't think he killed Trayvon out of self-defense. Why did he even follow Trayvon when the police told him not to? If I was the jury I would sentence him to life in prison. >(

March 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
    • James

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  346. Chandler

Why did somebody shoot him in the first place? He Doesn't need death. He is a good guy.

March 29, 2012 at 3:55 pm |
  347. aubree

Why did George Zimmermon shoot Treyvon Martin exactly?

March 29, 2012 at 4:04 pm |
  348. Josh

My question is this: why hasn't Washington done anything about the "stand your ground law"? Because while congress, Obama, and the Florida government are behind closed doors, people are getting shot at for no real reason. And you have to remember that in 2005 the republicans were in control of Florida with Jeb Bush being governor so I think that this is a major setback to the Republicans and everyone knows that President Obama will get another term.

March 29, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  349. Emy

I think if George only shot Trayvon because he was defending himself he should have just left him alone since he was like a teenager and he was a grown man. That would have been the right thing to do. But I personally think Trayvon didn't do anything, because he was eating skittles and drinking tea whenever he got shot.

March 29, 2012 at 4:23 pm |
  350. kyle

why would he just shoot him? why would he be following him if he called the cops? why did he have a gun? SORRY, your going to jail buddy.

March 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  351. JUAN

i want to know why did trey arvantongot shot.if he would of get shot i want to know why when he get shot why didnt they arest the guy or let him pay for it.

March 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  352. Elijah

Why was he shot, why is zimmerman not arrested ,why did he call 911

March 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm |
  353. Josh

My next question is this: why was Treyvan investigated but not George Zimmerman? They should have searched him before he disappeared and now nobody knows where he is. I think the reason Zimmerman is hiding is because he really did murder Treyvan. I also think that the "stand your ground law" should go to the supreme court to see if it's constitutional. They should be discussing the law instead of Obama care. This clearly shows that they are truly behind closed doors.

March 29, 2012 at 4:30 pm |
  354. Nic

Even in self defense you only do one thing push the person off and then pull the gun if they come at you you fire but in this situation he should have pushed him off and then ran and call 911 but you can't say they are suspious if you haven't done anything. I'm with tray on RIP

March 29, 2012 at 4:37 pm |
  355. Josh

Zimmerman has been arrested before, so the chances of this being murder are 100%. This clearly was not self defense, it was racist murder. So if the police actually did something, then there would not be protests.

March 29, 2012 at 4:41 pm |
    • Shania

Not cool to pull the racist card, even though I am african american

March 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
  356. Josh

I think the people who are protesting are not smart. Sure, I agree this is unconstutional, but all protesting is going to do is to give a reason to do careless things like the Black Panther Party putting a bounty on Zimmerman. I think that is idiotic, because all that is going to do is turn these protests into riots. Soon the riots will turn into civil unrest, then it will turn into a civil war. After that it will turn into full scale revolution, and then instead of being the United States of America, it will be the Divided States of America. The reason I say this is because this issue is a HUGE controversy and not everybody agrees with the protesters. The police, for sure, do not.

March 29, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
    • Raul

I agree with Josh. Just look at Syria.

March 29, 2012 at 4:49 pm |
  357. Kaylee

He said that he would not run after the guy. How is it self deference if the guy is running from you. You say I will not shoot me then you do. with all this evidence why is he not in jail.

March 29, 2012 at 4:53 pm |
  358. Lena

If the shooting was near the apartments, why didn't they have security cameras? What might the shooter have had against Travon Martin? The real reason the police can't arrest the shooter is because they don't have the evidence to.

March 29, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
  359. Hina

Zimmerman called the police and said he saw a suspicious person, and the police said don't follow him, but he still did. I think it was Zimmerman's fault. He should have just left him alone and then Trayvon Martin might have been alive right now.

March 29, 2012 at 5:01 pm |
  360. Kaylee

How can this be considered self defense if Martin was running away from Zimmerman? He said I will not run after him strick one. Then he soots the guy running FROM him strike 2. then all of the other evidence he gets away so can we really trust the police in this state or do w need someone higher in power and smarter to take this over.

March 29, 2012 at 5:02 pm |
  361. abby

i wonder why the person who shot him kept folowing him even though he was told not to?

March 29, 2012 at 5:03 pm |
  362. Nina

I wonder if the neighborhood watch guy had anything against Trayvon Martin. He should have at least studied him more and if he knew him from the neighborhood he might've asked what he was doing or he didn't have enough gut to talk to a stranger not that Zimmerman is smaller than Martin.

March 29, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  363. katriel

Will they ask him questions at least?don't believe what he says he could be against a different race..

March 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  364. Kaytlynn

i what to now the whole story

March 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
  365. alexis

what i want to know is if it really was for self defence or if trayvon made the person mad somehow and the person who shot him just snaped and wasn't really thinking at the time.

March 29, 2012 at 5:06 pm |
    • billy

even if travon made the shooter a little mad thats NO reason 2 go shoot him!

March 29, 2012 at 5:51 pm |
  366. Brooke

I don't really know what to ask, Because if the police don't really know all that much on it yet, why should I?

March 29, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  367. Marisol

I think it's stupid that he has no charges against him.but isn't that child abuse?

March 29, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  368. dakota

i think that hole story is fishey you dont gust walk home and get shot and realy takeing nabor hood wach a littile to serous y couldent have he just left him alone

March 29, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
  369. Snoopy

Why would he be following him when the police told him otherwise?He is young and shouldn't have his life taken away R.I.P TRAYVON

March 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  370. Nate

Why was he shot I mean he did nothing wrong he was just going home. I think that George Zimmerman is racist. Trayvon had a whole bunch more to live for and he took that from him for no apparent reason. I mean he is a kid.

March 29, 2012 at 5:09 pm |
  371. cambria

yeah,he shot Trayvon but think of it as this, Why did the guy shoot Trayvon when all that Trayvon was doing was walking home??? What did Trayvon do that made this guy use "self defense"?

March 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  372. Alaina

If Trayvon did attack George, WHY?

March 29, 2012 at 5:10 pm |
  373. monica

If somebody is following you, my parents told me to run. You can't just kill someone like that. They could live right next to you.

March 29, 2012 at 5:11 pm |
  374. Edwin

Hey, Carl Azuz! I have two questions. (1) Is there any eyewitnesses and (2) what charges were charged against the suspected shooter? That's all!

March 29, 2012 at 5:26 pm |
  375. Alyssa

Did George Zimmerman really shoot in self-defense? IF George Zimmerman shot Trayvon for self-defense, what made Zimmerman shoot in self-defense for??? No one has ever said why Zimmerman shot in self-defense, a fight? Where is the real story? Justice needs to be served!!! RIP Trayvon....

March 29, 2012 at 5:27 pm |
    • Allison

That's so true! If Zimmerman shot in self-defense, what made him shoot in self defense for? That's the part of the story no one knows! Or does someone really know, there has to be a witness somewhere! Justice will be served!!! RIP Trayvon.....

March 31, 2012 at 4:58 pm |
      • jacob

I think you two (Alyssa and Allison) are right. There has to be witness somewhere! What exactly did Zimmerman shoot in self-defense for? It could of been anything, maybe not even in self-defense. If Zimmerman would say why he shot in self-defense it might give us clues! We might be able to know if Zimmerman is lying as well. Also on the news they have a 9-1-1 Call from someone, and it sounds like a younger person, that's even what the Audio Specialist said!!!! Protestors... don't give up! Justice will be served!!! RIP Trayvon....

April 2, 2012 at 4:48 pm |
  376. carl

If Zimmerman wasn't threatned by force, then why does the law protect him?

March 29, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  377. Skyler

Was ther enny one to see what really happened? what would a 17 year old boy be doing attacing a man, when he had NO WEPENS AT ALL? THAT MAN KILLED THAT BOY FOR NO REASEN AT ALL. Zimmerman should be arrested. But why isent he? 'cuase he said it was self defince but it was not the boy had NOTHING at all to defined him self at all. and he should be arrested. Why hafent the palIic arrested hime get?

March 29, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  378. Brody

I think that some sort of justice should be served. I dont get how they people can shoot a person and get away with it. I Ithink it will let the family sleep a little bit better after knowing the person who killed their son is in prison.

March 29, 2012 at 5:39 pm |
    • Mark

Just a few words from the constution: Self-defence and Innocent untill proven guilty

March 31, 2012 at 11:24 pm |
  379. Brody

I think some sort of justice is due . You can't just kill someone and get away with it .I feel sorry for Trayvon's family.

March 29, 2012 at 5:43 pm |
  380. Robyn

Why did he shoot trayvon in the first place? Trayvon was just walking home from the store with skittles in his jacket pocket and a iced tea or some other beverage in his hand.

March 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
  381. Alexis

travon seemeed like an innocent kid this whole thing makes me wonder who will be next? we need to make sure that we are are safe. and WHY are these types of things KEEP happening?

March 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm |
    • Alexis

Well @ Alexis he wasn't innocent he was on a ten day supension. But "Zimmerman" had no right to shoot him .....My opinion .

March 29, 2012 at 6:31 pm |
  382. moisy

why did the George Zimerman fallow the boy.

March 29, 2012 at 5:56 pm |
  383. Konon

Is the family doing anything about the shooting? I bet they're heart broken.

March 29, 2012 at 5:57 pm |
  384. Eulita

I wonder when this story will be over.

March 29, 2012 at 5:58 pm |
  385. vassa

I would like to know why that man shot Treyvon is he wasnt armed...did Zimmerman have something against treyon?

March 29, 2012 at 5:59 pm |
  386. Madisyn

Why did he follow him in the first place? After all, none of this would of happened if he actually listened to the dispatcher.

March 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm |
  387. savra

where was treyvon shot?

March 29, 2012 at 6:01 pm |
  388. Javan

I suggest they arrest the shooter. R.I.P Trayvon Martin

March 29, 2012 at 6:11 pm |
  389. Katya

What was the relationship between the boys?

March 29, 2012 at 6:18 pm |
  390. Alexis

Why isn't he sentenced for murder? If he killed someone he killed someone.It doesn't really matter why..unless it was self-denfense(WHICH IT WAS NOT) .Who started the rumor saying his nose was busted,and had blood on his clothing?Video shows clearly there's no blood . Listen closely befpre taking a side .

March 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm |
  391. Calista

March 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
  392. sarah

well there are a lot of questions why did George Zimmerman follow Trayvon Martin when he was told not to, and did either of them have any signs of struggle on thier bodies to suggest the "attack"? and should they give George Zimmerman a lie detector test?

March 29, 2012 at 6:32 pm |
    • Jackie

But Sarah, lie detectors have not been proven 100%, and I personally don't want anyone going to jail innocently.

March 31, 2012 at 9:29 am |
  393. Calista

March 29, 2012 at 6:33 pm |
  394. Joe

Even in a act of self-defense killing should still be illegal. So why inset the man in jail?

March 29, 2012 at 6:53 pm |
  395. Gordy

Was the man who shot the gun drunk? He should go to jail no matter what, murder is murder, but was he drunk?

March 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
  396. Tedi

I think that everyone is basing these things off rumors and that the supreme court justice should decide the truth because everyone has a right to go to trial, even George Zimmerman. I personally think that justice should be given to Trayvon and his family but the supreme court needs to do something in this case because if the police can't find any evidence then who will?

March 29, 2012 at 7:16 pm |
  397. Peter

I would like to know if Trayvon attacked George Zimmerman or if George shot him in suspicion when he called his girlfriend.

March 29, 2012 at 7:23 pm |
  398. Becky

If someone looks suspicious why would you follow them? And if Trayvon really did attack George Zimmerman, then maybe it was also in self defense, I would too if a stranger wasn't leaving me alone and kept following me. You can prove if someone hurts you but, can you really prove if someone looks suspicious? Maybe at the time the "Stand Your Ground Law" was a good idea but it does have a down side like this.

March 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm |
  399. Shawn

Why was Trayvon out late anyway?

March 29, 2012 at 7:36 pm |
  400. Teddy

Well First off I would like to know why the man would lie and say he did it in self defense and second why Trayvon Martin what did he ever do to George Zimmerman to make him shoot this inoccent 17-year old. So why doesn't George answer those questions and stop lyeing

March 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm |
  401. Natalie

if someone looks suspicious,you shouldn't follow them,especially if a dispatcher tells you not too,is George Zimmerman mentally handicapped?how much time passed between when Trayvon was spotted and when he was shot?

March 29, 2012 at 8:18 pm |
  402. Rex

I want to know how Trayvon Martin supposedly attacked George Zimmerman and if Trayvon was actting in self defense if he was

March 29, 2012 at 8:22 pm |
  403. Cala*

i don't understand why george zimmerman thought he was suspicious. not every teenager in a hoodie is dangerous. he was jsut walking home. george zimmerman called the police and the police told him not to follow the travon martin. but he didnt listen to them. and in the end a innocent person got killed there was no need for that. my question is WHAT REALLY HAPPENED WHEN GEORGE ZIMMERMAN WENT OUT TO CONFRONT THE TEEN? AND WHY DID HE FEEL LIKE HE HAD TO BRING HIS GUN OUT WITH HIM. I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND. WHY DID YOU DO IT

March 29, 2012 at 8:29 pm |
  404. Halle

If George Zimmerman thought he was suspicious, then why did he try to follow him?

March 29, 2012 at 8:34 pm |
  405. Blake

It sounds a little suspicious to me. I think it was a murder since there was evidence he left his house unarmed, and even shouted for help before a gun was fired. Also, they never mentioned finding a gun or weapon of any sort on his body so in this case, I say murder.

March 29, 2012 at 8:49 pm |
  406. megan

what are the punishments for someone who has murdered? Also, does Zimmerman admitt he was racist? I'm doing a story on this so it would be helpful if these questions are answered!

March 29, 2012 at 8:50 pm |
  407. Jasmine

Why did Zimmerman follow him when he was told not to? I look at it this way never ever follow someone suspiciouse watch them DON'T follow it will lead to death. Why doesnt Zimmerman go to jail? I dont care what he is I want him arrested he needs a punishment for killing someone who was inisent......

March 29, 2012 at 8:52 pm |
  408. jordan

what really that night with Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman and why the police will charge him with murder?

March 29, 2012 at 9:08 pm |
  409. jordan

what really happen that night betweenTrayvon Martin and George Zimmerman and why the police will charge him with murder?

March 29, 2012 at 9:13 pm |
  410. Pranjal

Why even shoot, what not gaze him if necessary. But he was a teen, I cannot believe that a grown man cannot subdue a young teen

March 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm |
  411. Jonathan

A little thing about this when he was shot at because of "self defense" he was on the phone with his girl friend she heard it all so why do they say they don't have the evidence?

March 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
  412. alejandro

he shouldn't have followed him even if he was suspicious. Trayvon could have attacked George Zimmerman but didn't need to shoot him. George should have just waited for the police to take action

March 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm |
  413. Louie

I don't know why something like this should happen. People should think first before they react. This tragic incident would not have happened if Zimmerman would've thought before pulling the trigger.

March 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm |
  414. Faith

Why did George Zimmerman have a gun in the first place, if he was just a neighborhood watch member?

March 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm |
  415. Monica

What was so therating about Trayvon? Everyone wears hood and if he wasn't African American what would happen then?

March 29, 2012 at 10:40 pm |
  416. Christian

Why does it have to take nationwide attention in order for there to be a full investigation of something that has clear signs of racial profiling? What has our government come to?

March 29, 2012 at 10:44 pm |
  417. Dawson

I want to know what reason Trayvon would get shot by George Zimmerman? If there actually was a suspicious person following Trayvon, why would attack George? I know why. It's because George was following Trayvon, telling police what he was doing to cover his tracks. Trayvon then was shot by George. Also, why was George carrying a gun in the first place!

March 29, 2012 at 10:46 pm |
  418. Skylar

I hope the person gets punished I think the kid did not attack him. What if that guy that shot him had a son that got shot wonder how would feel. I feel sorry for the kids family he looked kie a good person.

March 29, 2012 at 10:51 pm |
  419. Izaac

why should someone even carry a gun with them?

March 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm |
  420. Kayla

How does someone look suspicious carrying a bag of skittle and a tea? If Trayvon really looked suspicious why would you use a gun, he obviously wasn't going to do much harm with what he was carrying and he was just a kid and George was a grown man. All he really had to do was stop him and talk to him notmkillmhim

March 29, 2012 at 11:22 pm |
  421. Isa

Why did he shoot him? If someone looks suspicious why would you follow them? I wounder if it was self-defence?I hope it was self-defence or Trayvon would be dead for know reason. R.I.P Trayvon!!!!

March 29, 2012 at 11:58 pm |
  422. Isis

Why was he following him in the first place? If he was just minding his own business he wouldn't be in this situation!!!! I wonder their not making a big deal because of his race a lot of people are very racist these days. It's just not right.

March 30, 2012 at 12:21 am |
  423. (Un-Named)

This is ridiculous I live in Arizona 2000 miles away and there is protest here. This nation was built on certain words one was "Innocent until proven guilty" but in Zimmerman's case its "Guilty until proven innocent."

March 30, 2012 at 12:34 am |
  424. aniya

why would he do that jus beacause a hoodie wow
    travon had iced tea and skittles he was being a kid

March 30, 2012 at 3:05 am |
  425. EJ

I wonder why people have to kill others just for suspicion or self-defense. Their lives are important as much as yours.
    I feel very sirry fir Trayvon and I hope that George thinks back of what he has done and feel ashamed.

March 30, 2012 at 3:50 am |
    • EJ

Oops.. I wrote sorry as sirry and for to fir.. oh well!!

March 30, 2012 at 3:51 am |
  426. Moto

The tragic news is covered widely in the media in Japan as well though,
    What I wanna know is why such a quibbling works in a court in America.
    Acordding to this news, this dispatcher said that it was because the guy tired to hit that he shot this guy
    when he follow this guy,but it is really hard to understand that an unarmed boy try to hit an armed man.
    Who thinks that is self-defense?
    It doesn't make sense.
    A long time ago, in 1992, There was a happenning that Yoshihiro Hattori went to a different house by mistake when he tried to visit his friend's house for a party and he got gunshot by the owner of house in Lousiana.
    I think there is crossover between these happenning.
    Why is it permitted that people can shoot when someone try to hit with their bare hands??
    I hope such a tragedy is not gonna happen anymore

March 30, 2012 at 6:40 am |
  427. Caleb

What I don't get is that when a guy is walking around with a sweet tea in one hand and a doughnut in the other hand why would think that he looks suspicious, in fact if you don't know that he is mean why would you shoot him?!?!?! the police even said that he didn't have to follow him. So my question is why did he follow him then shoot him?

March 30, 2012 at 6:52 am |
  428. Tyrese

Trayvon did not attack Zimmerman, Zimmerman said he was suspicious because Trayvon was black. If Trayvon was a white person, Zimmerman wouldn't have said he was suspicious. Also Zimmerman called 911 like 50 times since January and most of those calls weren't an emergency. So that questions remains, why wouldn't the cops arrest him, even they didn't know if Trayvon attacked him?

March 30, 2012 at 6:59 am |
  429. Dayah

Trayvon Martin deserves Justice. If someone look up to no good but is not bothering you than why are you messing with them. Zimmerman was not the police to play the police role. Why did Zimmerman really kill Trayvon? Its probably plenty of caucasians walking around with a hoodie around in Florida but he didnt shoot them! Just saying.

March 30, 2012 at 7:57 am |
  430. Ja-kyung

I am wondering if he really shot him in self defense. But the sad thing is he is innocent until proven guilty.

March 30, 2012 at 8:10 am |
  431. Lauren

If it were dark, I was walking home alone by myself, while being followed by a much larger, much older man in his car and on fooot, I would have felt threatened. Zimmerman was told by dispatechers to back off and wait for the police but instead he followed him wiht his car which he then got out and followed him on foot. If Martin did attack Zimmerman was that in self defense? Race should be put aside with this case and people should ask why this invetigation did not take place a month ago when it happened. Zimmerman's father is a judge, I really hope the police look at the facts but sometimes it's not what you know, it's who you know.

March 30, 2012 at 8:54 am |
  432. Koen

i would like to know why the police said George Zimmerman had a broken nose and bleeding head but in a just released video it showed no sign of that. all together i would like to know more info about everything.

March 30, 2012 at 8:55 am |
  433. Aleta

why did he follow him? and i dont get how Zimmerman's trying to say that Trayvon attacked him, in the surveillance Zimmerman was clearly not hurt.

March 30, 2012 at 10:20 am |
  434. August and Anoyoumus

It not fair. all he did was go get candy for his brother. Did the watch gaurd see him before he left? I would have not took action unless he tried to hit me or do something to me. I feel that the guard or man should be put behind bars for the rest of his life. Many people look suspious but they dont get shot. Even celeberties look suspious but they dont get shot. t is not fair. you can tell by the look on Trayvon's face that he was incent. Trayvon will and his family should and will get there justice. R.I.P. Trayvon Martin. justice will come for his family and sad things for the man who shot him. R.I.P. Trayvon Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 30, 2012 at 10:20 am |
  435. Courtney

Why would you follow someone that looked suspicious? I would have thought if I saw someone was walking suspiciously around to leave them alone. They could be not dangerous but attack out of self-defense, and if they were dangerous they could have brought a gun with them as well.

March 30, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  436. javeon

if someone looked like he was harmful why follow them

March 30, 2012 at 10:24 am |
  437. Jonathan

I would like to know exactly what the police are doing to investigate the incident or how they're figuring out what truly happened. Also, what are they doing to prevent such a tragedy from happening again?

March 30, 2012 at 10:28 am |
  438. javeon

if trayvon attacked george why didint he have grass staines in his clothes so i thinke george shoulde go to jail

March 30, 2012 at 10:29 am |
  439. Sebastian

its just sad that we live in a country where someone was arrested on sight for throwing flower on Kim Kardashian when her life wasnt even in danger but Treyvon's killer is still free. My heart goes out to their family and their terrible loss.

March 30, 2012 at 10:59 am |
  440. Sarah

Why on earth would someone shoot a teenager? Who puts people like Zimmerman on patrol. If Zimmerman just asked what was in the bag and checked it then he would have not shot Trayvon and none of this would happen.

March 30, 2012 at 11:21 am |
  441. olivia

Why is it that this shooting is so important from any other shooting in the world? Why do we care so much about this one and not all the other ones that go on in the world????

March 30, 2012 at 11:35 am |

Why is this shooting more important than any other shooting in the world?
    Also, I don't understand why people always think people with black sweat shirts with hoods are so suspicious. I see people weraing black sweat shirts all the time but i don't follow them like zimnerman did.

March 30, 2012 at 11:36 am |
    • Lucille

I agree with you, Hannah. WHY IS THIS SHOOTING MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY OTHER MURDER OR KIDNAPPING OR OTHER CRIME LIKE THAT????? THAT IS MY QUESTION.

April 2, 2012 at 7:32 pm |
  443. Trevor

Why did the social media all of a sudden decided to spotlight this ordeal. There is alot more shooting going on in the US??

March 30, 2012 at 11:37 am |
  444. lakota

I think that just because someone is walking down the street with a hoody on that he qualifies as a suspicious person and why should you follow them if you think that he is a trouble maker.

March 30, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  445. MaShayla

My question is : Why is Zimmereman trying to hide what he did because everyone knows what he did, and why he shot someone who looked suspicious... Talk about judge-mental.

March 30, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  446. Morganne

How can we tell that Zimmereman killed him or didn't kill him, Because he said that he killed him but he didn't have any blood on him and he would have blood on him if he shot him while sitting on him, right? I also think that they should go to the place where the murder happened and look for more evidence and not give up until they are positive how come he died and who actually did it.

March 30, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  447. Braxton

Why did there social media start to make only this shooting on the web there has been a lot of other shootings why look into this one???

March 30, 2012 at 11:40 am |

Why did Zimmerman call the cops, just to shoot Trayvon? What did Trayvon do? He was unarmed and buying Skittles!!!!! Why did he shoot him? Because of his race? Why did Zimmerman lie about it? Why didn't the cops do anything?? Rest In Peace, Trayvon!! People won't forget you, or what Zimmerman did to you! 😦 😦

March 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm |
  449. Kristy

Is Zimmerman racist? Since Trayvon Martin was black and out at night, but that doesn’t mean he was the stereo typical drug-dealing black guy. Tray didn’t have a weapon on him and Zimmerman chased him down. Or did Zimmerman have something against him?

March 30, 2012 at 1:47 pm |
  450. Brooke

I think that the police should look into it more. They could ask his girlfriend and she what she got to say because she was the last to her from him and could really help the police. I do not think it is self defense i think it is murder.

March 30, 2012 at 1:52 pm |
  451. Kristen

I would like to know what he would be doing if he was Trayvon’s parent’s in this situation? How much of a “threat” does a kid who was cold so he put his hood up and his only “weapons” were skittles and sweet tea. I don’t see too much harm in that. If Trayvon did fight him I’m sure it was because he was frightened because a man he didn’t know was following him. If I was Trayvon and I saw a mysterious man running after me of course I would run and if he got near me of course I would try to defend myself I would just be abiding by the same law he says he was.

March 30, 2012 at 1:53 pm |
  452. Patricia

I have many questions after seeing this story but the question that is always been on my mind is why would the cops think its okay for a white man to shoot a black man or child (as it is in this case) and basically get away with it. Its almost like some people still think that we're better than them, like they have forgotten that they are equal to us and that they should have the equal amount of justice brought when they are killed like any white man would. There's a quote that I think people should really follow and it is: Don't judge a book by its cover but it seems like no one ever takes the time to get to know a person and they look at the way they dress and sadly the color of skin the person has before they even try to get to know the person it's really kind of sad. So i think that George Zimmerman should go on trial and be given a court appointed lawyer and then be proven innocent before they let him go and give him a chance to use the same excuse "self-defense" for the same crime again in the future. Because this is not fair to Trayvon's family or friends this is a tragedy to them.

March 30, 2012 at 1:58 pm |
    • Lucille

How do you know he is innocent? We don't have the whole story. If you want justice for someone being killed, then go get it and quit complaining!!

April 2, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
  453. Jessica

Why didnt the cops arrest George Zimmerman on the scene he had obviously killed Trayvon Martin. Isnt that called murder?

March 30, 2012 at 2:01 pm |
  454. Christina

Why did Zimmerman kill Trayvon? Was Trayvon really attacking him ?

March 30, 2012 at 2:07 pm |
  455. Ashlee

Why did Zimmerman believe Trayvon looked "suspicious"? Did he keep looking over his shoulder, with a nervous look? If Zimmerman had a good reason to think Trayvon was a dangerous threat then I can understand his actions, but it's unlikely that Zimmerman really believed this. A young teenage boy running away does not seem like a posing threat to me. Considerting Trayvon didn't even have a gun, so where was Zimmerman's reasoning in shooting a defenseless, scared, young teenage boy?

March 30, 2012 at 2:09 pm |
  456. Rachel

Did Zimmerman just have it out for Tryvon or was he really just protecting himself ?

March 30, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
  457. Ginny

I think that even if he did feel threatned by Trayvon, Zimmerman shouldnt have attacked and killed him. If it was a really serious situation, just call the police. Actually in any situation, just call the police if you get uncomfortable somewhere. But again, if Trayvon really did attck him out of no where, Zimmerman maybe didnt have time to call the police, but a murder is a murder, and something should happen to Zimmerman.

March 30, 2012 at 2:44 pm |
  458. daja

how ccould Zimmernam feel threatend but he was the one with the gun...

March 30, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
  459. Adriel

My question is, if your going to follow someone suspicious why not be prepared to run if something bad happens. It's no excuse to just shoot someone because you followed them and they have no idea who you are so, they attack you. I think Trayvon was acting more in self defense. I would attack someone if they followed me at night.

March 30, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
  460. Ani

Why do people keep asking if he is racist ? I don't see the significance. However, if the boy was white, would he have seemed as much of a "threat" ? This is racial profiling, discrimination. & I still do not see why Zimmerman isn't being punished...

March 30, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
  461. damir

that is sad killing a kid for no reason if the kid atempted to hurt the guy who shot him the guy would of had an excuse for killing

March 30, 2012 at 3:02 pm |
  462. Priscilla

People these days are making assumptions too quickly and the result of this is fatal and if people wouldn't assume so quickly many problems could be prevented. So many people take action before knowing the whole story and then events, like this Florida shooting, innocent people end up dead

March 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  463. Meghan

Some questions I would like to ask is...
    What is George Zimmerman doing now?
    Does he feel guilty for shooting a kid?
    Did Trayvon actually attack Zimmerman?
    If Trayvon was suspicious looking why would you follow him? You should dial 911 and have them take care of it.
    Why is this incident getting so much attention while other incidents like this haven't?
    Why hasn't Zimmerman been put in jail? Murder is murder.
    What is the real story? Because I really don't think Zimmerman was attacked.

March 30, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
  464. mikaela

honestly what did trayvon do that was soo bad that someone would kill him??

March 30, 2012 at 3:07 pm |

I think that George Zimmerman had no right to shoot Trayvon. The police told him to not follow Trayvon, but he ignored them, and continued to follow him. Maybe Trayvon did attack or fight George, but wouldn't you use self defense if a stranger with a weapon was following you? I also think its wrong that he automatically assumed Trayvon was suspicious because he is black and had a hood on. It was also raining so it's not weird to have a hood on. And shouldn't the police be suspicious of man who has called 46 times since January?

March 30, 2012 at 3:09 pm |
  466. carter

I think the shooter should be in jail hands down no questions asked and he killed a minor.

March 30, 2012 at 3:11 pm |
  467. Bryce

Alot of questions and comments are "if this happened" or "if this didn't happen' or "we should have". It happened and we can't change the past. Instead of fighting about what we think happened and trying to find someone to blame, we need to fight and try to help socitey and the family move past, grow stronger. I'm not saying completely forget, by any means, just find strength and not simpathy

March 30, 2012 at 3:12 pm |
  468. Brittany

This is a very tragic story, but what I wonder about is why George Zimmerman had a gun with him if he was "on his way to target" as his brother said. The big question to me is, why did George Zimmerman have a gunwith him in the first place, before he even saw Trayvon?

March 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
  469. Joe

I think if you kill someoen you should go to jail. I cant really say anything though until we have a consistant story, not all the news stations giving different versions of the story. When we have this then I will make up my mind on what I truly think.

March 30, 2012 at 3:13 pm |
  470. Fernando

I wonder if Trayvon did attack George zimmerman or if George zimmerman attack Trayvon.

March 30, 2012 at 3:14 pm |
  471. bethany

i dont think it was right for the man to shoot that kid. he was a inasent bystander he had no hard evidence or any evidence in fact. i dont know if it was that he was black , if he had a hoody on or if the man was tring to protect himself . but i know one thing no one should shoot anyone even if they have a reason.

March 30, 2012 at 3:15 pm |
  472. robby

i think that george zemernime was acceting out of his history with the race that trayvon is, will trayvon was accting in self defense because i woulght do the same if a stranger with a gun was following me.

March 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm |
  473. Joseph

Why is it not aginst the law to shoot some suspicous person following you? I just can't belive that someone could do that to someone else when it could of been George Zimmerman's best friend he could of shot and killed.but you know what they say "The good die young" well Zimmerman should be sent to jail for a life time sentence...

March 30, 2012 at 4:21 pm |
  474. afnan

I wonder if Zimmerman was lying like any other suspect with sense. If i was a suspect, I would lie to get out of it. And how was Trayvon looking like a 'suspicious person' to Georde Zimmerman?

March 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm |
  475. Amy

Why did he have a gun? Where did he get it?

March 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm |
  476. Neha

I think this all goes back to what stereotypes refer to at the term "blacks". I would like to bring up the point that if this had been a white person, he probably wouldn't have got shot. I could be wrong, but with the info we have today about racism I think my hypothesis may be correct. Even though many people today think blacks are equal to whites, there are still people who think differently. We can't change that. It's just the way it is.

March 30, 2012 at 7:14 pm |
  477. Kylie

Even though he said that he was trying to protect himself, he sill had no right to shoot that kid. Zimmerman was a neiborhood watchman. If anything, after the shooting I would feel unsafe. A full grown man should be able to take on a fist-fight against a kid.

March 30, 2012 at 7:30 pm |
  478. nicholas

was the kid hurting him or atacking him

March 30, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
  479. piper

why did the man that feel threatenedfollow martin? sence he followed martin he should be arrested for killing martin when he was putting HIMSELF in danger.

March 30, 2012 at 8:37 pm |
  480. Cameron

Y would u kill a inasent boy??

March 30, 2012 at 9:35 pm |
  481. Shania

Will Trayvon Martin ever get the justice he and his family deserves, or will this just become another cold case that an innocent family will have to suffer through for years to come?

March 30, 2012 at 9:53 pm |
  482. Ericarl

To shoot someone is not to kill but to hold the attacker back. Shooting the legs would be a more better choice.

March 30, 2012 at 9:55 pm |
  483. Phillip

Is Gorge telling the truth? Did he know Trayvon before hand? Is there a witness of some sort?

March 31, 2012 at 12:23 am |
  484. John

Was Trayvon really a nice kid, or was he a bully not leading a very good life?

March 31, 2012 at 7:54 am |
  485. Kade

I understand why someone would follow a suspiciuos person, but why was Teryvon Martin suspicious? Personally, I believe that since Treyvon was unarmed, that the Stand Your Ground law might not exactly work here.

March 31, 2012 at 8:28 am |
  486. Kirk

The law is if you see a person who looks suspicious you can shoot them.

March 31, 2012 at 8:32 am |
  487. Jackie

My question is where were other people when this all happened? Are they just not talking? The sad thing is there are only two known witnesses, and one of them is dead.

March 31, 2012 at 9:24 am |
  488. Jacquelyn

What really bugs ME about this case is the fact that indeed Trayvon was a black citizen. Did that have ANYTHING to do with his shooting, I don't know. But we can't say that negro's don't get shot out of racism.

March 31, 2012 at 9:32 am |
  489. Jackie

I'm always wondering where ANYONE was during this event. The sad thing is, there are only two known witnesses, and one of them is dead...

March 31, 2012 at 9:35 am |
  490. Jackie

Something that really bugs me is that Trayvon was indeed black. Did that have anything to do with his shooting, I don't know. But it's not like negro's haven't been killed before out of racism.

March 31, 2012 at 9:39 am |
  491. Julia

I'd like to know the whole story. I think this is sort-of stupid. I know people are dying like this and even worse deaths everyday. Why is this case such a big deal? Children are getting kidnapped daily and others murdered. Why does this one receive special publicity? One month later we should have figured this out anyway, right?

March 31, 2012 at 10:57 am |
  492. Nina

Obviously, this guy has to be arrested. His parents don't even think it's safe for a killer to be on the loose. There should be a reason that people thought that he killed Trayvon. There are witnesses. It really is dangerous. I think that if you are attacked, you should have some pepper spray handy instead of a gun, or whatever weapon Mr. Zimmerman had in possesion at the moment to kill Trayvon.

March 31, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
  493. Nina

I meant Trayvon's parents. Oops

March 31, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
  494. Jayna

Maybe he didn't see that he wasn't armed. I mean I would do that to butI wouldn't just shoot a person in the street.I would just sit there in my house and if any thing bad did happen then I would shoot him I mean it is self defense!!

March 31, 2012 at 11:16 pm |
  495. Miracle

I would like to ask zimmerman,"what provoked him in the first place to even spy on treyvon?
    The reason I say this is because treyvon from the police reports was innocent in every shape and form. So what
    Led him to do so?

April 1, 2012 at 10:37 am |
  496. A.J.

i think that George Zimmerman was totally out of place when he shot trayvon i mean how does a guy walking from a store look suspicios i think george zimmerman should be sentenced to life in prison

April 1, 2012 at 1:01 pm |
  497. Carlos

I think Zimmerman was drunk when he shot Trayvon, if not Zimmerman had no reason to shot Trayvon.

April 1, 2012 at 6:21 pm |
  498. Ingrid

The authorities should keep in mind that Zimmerman is very racist. He has called the police in black people over 20 times as "suspicious people." If Zimmerman was black and Martin was white, Zimmerman would have been sentenced to death row.

April 1, 2012 at 7:40 pm |
  499. cahlil

I think the government should not make pennies no more. There are too many and they barely get used any more.

April 2, 2012 at 8:12 am |
  500. zane

I think the watch guy who is to "be watching the neighborhood" should be put in jail for murder he had no reason to shoot the young boy when he could of shot the man who looked suspicious instead he took a innocent boy from his family and friend by killing him. Even if they don’t know if the neighborhood watch person didn’t shoot Trayvon they should still hold him till they get more evidences or a suspect. The watch man could of protected Trayvon by shooting the suspicious person instead of Trayvon but the police don’t know if the watch person shot Trayvon or the suspicious person in the hoodie but I still think the watch man should be held accountable for the killing till they find out for sure who killed Trayvon.

April 2, 2012 at 10:16 am |
  501. Paul

Why didn't the guy call for back-up before approaching the other guy?

April 2, 2012 at 11:31 am |
  502. Alexis

I think when he shot that boy it was sad like if my family got shot a lot of people would be sad...........

April 2, 2012 at 11:36 am |
  503. Avery

I think Zimmerman should be in prison for shooting Trayvon.

April 2, 2012 at 1:02 pm |
  504. TaeLur

I think zimmerman was wrrong just because Trayvon was black doesn't mean oh i'm going to see what he's doing around here he don't belong here thats racist

April 2, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  505. Calista

April 2, 2012 at 6:54 pm |
  506. Calista

I think that George Zimmerman was totally out of place when he shot trayvon i mean how does a guy walking from a store look suspicios i think george zimmerman should be sentenced to life in prison

April 2, 2012 at 6:55 pm |
  507. Calista

would like to ask zimmerman,"what provoked him in the first place to even spy on treyvon?
    led him to do so?

April 2, 2012 at 6:56 pm |
  508. Calista

April 2, 2012 at 6:57 pm |
  509. Andrew

I believe that in this incident, nobody shall have been shot. My question is, Why didn't the man call the police on the innocent child if he thought he was a bother to the man? Instead he didn't think twice and shot and took the life of the boy. The state could have brought punishment (if deserved) onto the boy if they felt they needed to. I don't believe that the man had the right to shoot this boy and was a prejudice movement.

April 2, 2012 at 7:04 pm |
  510. Lucille

I agree with Cate. And since her post was a reply, I can't reply to it. Her post is at the top of the list. We don't know the whole story and we can't just say Trayvon was innocent, because we don't know. And, just because he was black, doesn't mean it was out of racism. And if it was, that was wrong. There are white people getting murdered by black & white people, and black people getting killed by white and black people. Why is this one case such a big deal?
    I'm sorry. There are people constantly dying and being kidnapped, and murdered and this one is surfaced. Why? That is my question.

April 2, 2012 at 7:24 pm |
  511. Alejandra

I would ask him what made him shoot him and why he did it. Also people don't have the right to take someone else's life away.

April 2, 2012 at 10:23 pm |
  512. Brianna

I think that it is a bad thing that this happened. This little kid should have deserved a chance. Why would the guy just think that he could kill him for being like that?

April 3, 2012 at 10:26 am |
  513. Nylc

I think that George Zimmerman should have been arrested immediately. Stand Your Ground is not a good law and should be changed.

April 3, 2012 at 11:36 am |
  514. Maggie

Zimmerman was following Traeyvon. My question is why? What could Treyvon have possibly done to provoke Zimmerman to stalk him?

April 3, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  515. Avery

I think that although the Stand Your Ground law surely has benifits they are far and few between in comparison to the shortcomings of this legislation. I beleive that George Zimmerman should have been arrested as soon as the police were notified of the occurence and that the police should not have covered for him by filing false reports, I beleive that the fact that they did really is a blemish in our justice and protection system and that it needs to be changed. I do not beleive that Trayvon deserved that in any way, I firmly believe that he was not doing anything wrong in the situation and that George Zimmerman needs to have action taken against him.

April 3, 2012 at 11:41 am |
  516. Luke

I think that Zimmerman was out of line shooting and spying on Trayvon, but I also feel there are still parts of the story that remain untold.

April 3, 2012 at 12:35 pm |
    • Naomi

HE WASNT SPYING ON TRAYAVON HE WAS THE WATCH DUDE

April 10, 2012 at 2:14 pm |
  517. Ali

I think shooting should not be aloud anywhere no ones should do it. People should be put away for shooting. I feel for the family and friends...

April 3, 2012 at 12:41 pm |
  518. Mercedes

What really scares about this case is that George Zimmerman shot a boy with a hoodie THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW! George Zimmerman should be punished for his acts, he disobeyed an officer who told him to stand down, shot a innocent kid who was SUSPICIOUS because he had skittles, a iced tea, and a hoodie? THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

April 3, 2012 at 3:21 pm |
  519. Mercedes

There is one question I'd like to ask George Zimmerman, " Why is carrying skittles and iced tea while wearing a hoodie suspicious?" and " Did you shoot Trayvon because his color or because he looked suspicious carrying and iced tea?"

April 3, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  520. Cody

I think George Zimmerman was totally out of place and out of his mind to shoot Trayvon just beacuse he looked suspicious. I think that Zimmerman should recieve life in prison. My question to Zimmerman is "Would you have shot anyone that looked suspicious to you?"

April 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm |
    • Naomi

i dont think he really needs life in prison maybe about, 36 months { thats 3 years } or maybe if the judge is feeling creative, 5 or 6 years

April 10, 2012 at 2:10 pm |
      • Garrett

i would say 10-13 years with parol

April 10, 2012 at 9:22 pm |
  521. sebastian

i don't get why there was no people at the time of the shooting

April 3, 2012 at 8:49 pm |
    • Naomi

true.... suspicous

April 10, 2012 at 2:06 pm |
  522. jade

I don't think it's very smart to just shoot someone if they look suspicious! Trayvon could have look suspicious but you dont kill him! Zimmerman needs to go to jail!

April 4, 2012 at 10:10 am |
    • Christopher

i dont ether why havent they took him into custody?
      he sould not be walking the styreets

April 10, 2012 at 2:41 pm |
  523. Galen

My question is why haven't the police take the shooter into custody?

April 4, 2012 at 10:56 am |
    • Tyler

The reason why is because they are not sure that if it truley was self defence or if it wasn't if they say it wasn't he will be taken into custody if they say self defence they will let him go and not bother him about it unless they change their decision.

April 9, 2012 at 10:28 pm |
  524. Joshua

Just because someone wears a hood in the RAIN doesn't mean there up to no good. George Zimmerman needs to tell what really happened. Trayvon Martin was not doing anything wrong. Personally i think George Zimmerman is guilty and Trayvon Martin is a kid who enjoyed skittles and ice tea.

April 4, 2012 at 3:03 pm |
    • Naomi

are you saying you think thats not the true story well you might be right i never thuoght of it that way mmmm.....

April 10, 2012 at 2:03 pm |
  525. Cristian

Why can't they put George Zimmerman into grand jury because it'll be the neighbors or anyone against George, also the police have other leads?

April 9, 2012 at 10:29 pm |
  526. Karl

How is this justified? A man shot and killed another human being for just "attacking" him. Where did he attack you? You have no right to kill a man in cold blood just because they look "shady" if that was the case we'd have a lot more dead bodies on our hands...

April 10, 2012 at 12:53 am |
  527. keely

why would a grown man who is a patroller kill a teenager even if it was self-defense?

April 10, 2012 at 7:16 am |
  528. anonymous

George Zimmerman was being attacked by a boy in a hoodie and shot him in self defense, or else George Zimmerman randomly shot someone.
    Hell, they turned George Z into a white person (he's mexican..) just to make the problem White vs. Black.
    Works everytime, because we have to /repay/ the blacks.

April 10, 2012 at 7:54 am |
  529. Grace

I don't see how a man with a weapon in a car, after being told not to follow the kid, to be so cruel as to not listen and go shoot him...? What's so suspicious about a teenager with skittles and a drink walking in a neighborhood, to a guy with a gun ? George Zimmerman SHOULD be charged with murder on my opinion. Hope for Trayvonn Martin !

April 10, 2012 at 9:17 am |
  530. Nate

The police told zimmerman not to prusit why did he? He wouldnt be in trouble if he lisened to the police.

April 10, 2012 at 9:47 am |
  531. Angie

My questions are, What compelled George Zimmerman to do such a thing, why did he think that he was the one to take action first? Overall I think that what happened is appalling and I hope there is justice one way or the other.

April 10, 2012 at 9:59 am |
  532. mark

People are jumping to racist because he was black and was wearing a hoddie so this man shot trayvov but if it was a black person that shot him would it be handled the same way?

April 10, 2012 at 10:44 am |
  533. kaitlyn

Why didnt zimmerman get charged for shootin treyvon it doesnt matter if there is a law down there he had no right to shooting him.

April 10, 2012 at 10:55 am |
  534. Andrea

i don't think he should have had a gun in the first just being a watch man if he took the job he must had some other way of self defence then shooting someone and i believe that what ever happen to Geogre Zimmerman he deserves

April 10, 2012 at 11:15 am |
  535. Jesus

My question is why haven"t the police investigate the shooters girlfriend?

April 10, 2012 at 11:39 am |
  536. Leah

i felt bad for Trayvon why George Zimmerman kill an innocent boy? he didn't even do anything just because he wore a hoodie or being an african american it doesn't mean he's in the gang. i mean COME ON

April 10, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  537. Robert

Why wasn't zimmerman arrested? He killed Trayvon

April 10, 2012 at 11:43 am |
  538. Mari

This doesn't make sense at all an innocent kid should not be shot just cause he has a hoodie or looks "suspicious". And also Zimmerman was racist, due to the fact that he described Martin as a black man.!And the Florida law states that being armed with a weapon is called self defense. This whole case is messed up and justice should be brought to Zimmerman.

April 10, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  539. wilnar

Trayvon was an innocent kid because he did not have a weapon on him. I do not know why Zimmerman shot him. Was he scared of him? or he was being a racist?

April 10, 2012 at 11:44 am |
  540. patryk

I think Zimmerman shouldnt of shot Trayvon.he could of just easily took him down until the cops came. No need of shooting the young man.

April 10, 2012 at 11:50 am |
  541. jocelyne

The fact that Zimmerman didn't get arrested is not fair !just because he saw this boy wearing a hoody he thought he was a gang member,so he decided to shoot him?makes no sense to me.Zimmerman was not being fair .and all of this is simply racism.

April 10, 2012 at 11:51 am |
  542. Ronnie

That kid had nothing but Arizona Ice Tea and some Skittles, how is that attacking someone?

April 10, 2012 at 11:53 am |
  543. Curtis

Is it nessary for the media to make this a raceial deal?Why do they do that?

April 10, 2012 at 12:08 pm |
  544. Sarah

Why did George Zimmerman pursue Trayvonn Martin if he was told not to? He should listen to orders. He is the guilty one here.

April 10, 2012 at 12:49 pm |
  545. Miranda

What I don't get is how are they going to prove that George Zimmerman was just protecting himself? They have no proof because he killed the proof.

April 10, 2012 at 12:52 pm |
  546. vanessa

why didnt some one go and help him if they heard him cry help ?!

April 10, 2012 at 12:57 pm |
  547. Hayley

I don't think Trayvon was doing anything wrong he was just walking around with skittles and iced tea and then all of a sudden George Zimmerman shot him. I think it was really wrong for him to shoot him. How does he look suspicious he is walking around with skittles. I think that he was just being racist.

April 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
  548. Sidney

I don't understand how Zimmerman could feel threatened by Trayvon, he is a kid! In my opinion if a stranger walked up to me and asked me where I was going who wouldn't get defensive? I think this is all wrong, I think that it was wrong for Zimmerman to have a gun i think it was wrong for Zimmerman to chase Trayvon. Zimmerman is juilty all the way. I want justice for Trayvon Martin.

April 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
  549. michael

people are just assumming things and they dont know the facts

April 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
  550. John

Most people are saying that it was just a cold blooded killing but how can they just assume that when they don't even know the whole story.

April 10, 2012 at 1:12 pm |
  551. Andrew

I think that this is pretty bad. Most people wouldn't even worry if it was a teenager. How are we sure it was George Zimmerman who killed trayvon? What if it was a criminal in the shadows and he shot Trayvon but had made it look like George Zimmerman did?

April 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm |
  552. brandon

i think it is horrible that they dont have any evidence to prove that the neighborhood watch man didnt get attacked by trayvon but in the end he should have never shot it.

April 10, 2012 at 1:15 pm |
  553. Jessie

I think this was very dissappointing, Trayvon was just an innocent teenager walking through the neighborhood after buying some skittles and ice tea. Just because Trayvon is a different race, doesn't mean he's "dangerous". Why was George out there if he wasn't supposed to be? I think George Zimmerman went a little too far and shouldn't have. I think the police should have already taken George into custody for killing another man. Even though they don't know the full and true story, it is still wrong to kill someone else. I think George Zimmerman did something wrong and he should've thought again before he shot.

April 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
  554. Sarah

Why was he spying on him? There is no reason for him to be killed, why would Trayvon attack a guy with a gun. There is no exuses for Zimmerman. He just took it too far.

April 10, 2012 at 1:16 pm |
  555. justin

i would like to be trayvon martin. why him because he a black young man that trying to get his life right. i think the man shot him because us as black people fear other as a indivdual. George Zimmerman still did a crime so just tell the true and do the crime

April 10, 2012 at 1:17 pm |
  556. Brandi

I think George Zimmerman took it a little to seriously and should've acted better in the situation. What harm could a young boy do when you could defend yourself with weapon anyway if Trayvon did try to do anything with his "skittles". George should've used his brain and thought about how Trayvon had his whole life ahead of him and he took that away.

April 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
  557. Vince

Just because the color of a person is different than your's does give you the right to shoot an unharmed person ever if you think there're suspicious or not.

April 10, 2012 at 1:18 pm |
  558. Christian

Just becasue he may have looked suspicious doesnt meen you have to shoot him. Zimmerman needs to speak up and tell the real story because theirs millions of people that wear hoodies in the rain, so why did Zimmerman really shoot him?

April 10, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
  559. Janelle

I think George Zimmerman should be arrested for shooting an innocent person

April 10, 2012 at 1:19 pm |
  560. Emanuel

I wonder why Zimmerman would even shoot Treyvon Martin who is stiil a kid and is trying to figure out the world. I think that Zimmerman should just tell everyone what really happened.

April 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  561. Jamesha

How dose Treyvon look like he is trouble and he was carrying Skittles and Ice tea, anint like he go drop the stuff and pull out the gun. Even if he was trouble he wasnt thinking about the guy whos been stalking him the whole time. If he is not charged and they let him walk out free they better get ready cause there will be some rumbilin in the jungle.

April 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm |
  562. Luke

i think George Zimmerman is a racist guy who killed Trevon just because of race. The news said that he had skittles and ice tea and had a hoodie on. whats so scary about a hoodie. I'm wearing a hoodie right now, do i look scary. he did nothing wrong, he was a kid walking down a street with no weapons of any kind. then a man called the police said he attacked me and the police told him not to follow him and he said ok and he followed him anyway. and when he shot and killed him and when he was in jail he had no injuries when he said he had a broken nose and some cuts.

April 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
  563. Jada

I think it is not fair. If Trayvon Martin was white and George Zimmerman was a african American man the things would be different. George would be in jail and even if he said he looked suspicious. I think The police should take Mr. Zimmerman into custody because he could still be dangerous to the public.

April 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm |
  564. Riley

I think that an innocent teenager who was walking down the sidewalk in the rain with his hoodie on should not be punished by being killed.I think this because anyone can be walking down the street and not everyone would've shot them. This is very devastating. I can't believe this happened. What has our country come to? I think this is nonsense!

April 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm |
  565. Maddie

This is such a sad occurance. I cant even imagine the feelings going throught T.M. family. An innocent teenager walking down the street should not even have to worry about getting harmed in any way, let alone get shot! What have our communities come to, people shooting for no true reasons at all.

April 10, 2012 at 1:28 pm |
  566. Breonna

Was Trayvon gonna kill Zimmerman with skittles and ice tea? No ! Trayvon was murdered for no reason. Zimmerman should not just be punished, but executed .

April 10, 2012 at 1:49 pm |
  567. Jamie

Do you think the story would be different if an African-American man were to shoot a Coccasion teenager???

April 10, 2012 at 2:08 pm |
  568. ethan

I think he is not guilty until proven guilty.They need more evidence to prove it was him.I wonder why would a teenager attack an adult?

April 10, 2012 at 2:23 pm |
  569. Faith

I think what that guy did was bad and he should be thrown in prison for murder. Even though he was doing self defense he still killed someone.

April 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm |
  570. Samantha

I think the guy who shot Treyvon should be proven guilty. Just because someone is wearing a hood on the street doesn't mean they're going to do something bad. Thats racest because " Your actions speak more then your words".

April 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  571. Ashlie

I wonder if Mr. Zimmerman even knew if the kid he shot was Trayvon Martin until after he shot him. Like Carl said- there are soooo many questions out there, and I wish that Mr. Zimmerman would just pay the price for shooting someone that he didn't know who it was. Did Trayvon Martin even attack him??? I doubt he did. Shooting someone just because he/ she looked suspicious isn't very fair.

April 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm |
  572. Joshua

I think they should not throw him in jail they do not have any clues or evedence he murderd him.They should pu him on probashun till they find out what hapin.

April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  573. Sydney

I think that George Zimmerman is guilty because the boy was just outside with his hood on and he got shot at? That just sounds stupid. I think George should go to prison because he murdered somebody. I would like to know what really happend.

April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  574. cas

I dont thnk that a teenager would attack a adult.An adult would be way stronger than a teenager plus i dout that a teenager would do that.And why didnt the police take the shooter to jail

April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  575. Kyra

Why would Zimmerman need to use his gun on Trayvon if he was unarmed? There was absolutely no need to shoot anyone and it resulted in someone's death.

April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  576. Kaylee

I dont think any one should just shoot someone because that is against what God says to do.God says in Genesis to Abraham after the flood that if anyone kills another person than that person should die himself.I know things have definetly changed since then but the person that shot that other person should at least have a BIG punishment.Punishments for that these days is jail so i think the person should go to jail.

April 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm |
  577. gabriella

The man should of just did whats rite and called the police on the boy if he thought he was a bother to the man but he didnt. so a good place for this cruel man is jail. My question is what was going threw the mans mind when he shot that boy? Did he think to run or hide or was he just thinking it would all be better now?

April 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  578. Sammi

I believe that it is stupid to think of him as guilty when clearly he isn't but you do need to think clearly about the whole situation, possibly he didn't mean to shoot him, maybe he isn't telling the truth about self- defence, but we all know one thing and that's what HE said. Have you ever taught anyone about trust, or lieing? Well that's where we all tie in! I also believe that he is innoent, that is just my thought (or fact).

April 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm |
  579. Kellee

why would Gorge Zimmerman shoot Trayvon Martin if he wasnt armed and dangerouse he was just an innocent kid walking home.

April 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  580. anoah

what i think about the shooting is very bad.

April 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  581. Shannon

I honestly think that that man was a total idiot to just shoot a kid just because he was carrying a bag of skittles. He had no reason to do that. If he felt threatened, he should have left, and besides, how could that even be called self-defense when you chase after someone? It should be the other way around. Why is Florida just dismissing this, acting like the man did nothing wrong? It isn't fair to that kid and his family, besides, if one guy gets away with murder, who else could? They could easily claim to feel "threatened" just as he did, and the police would murmur, "Oh, okay," and go on their merry way letting people get away with manslaughter.

April 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  582. Tori

I hate to see when people get hurt especially when they did nothing wrong. For a example on the news there was a shooting because a kid would not give somebody there car keys and money. So i guess that my actual question is when are the police going to take action? Also what are you going to do to them?

April 10, 2012 at 2:35 pm |
  583. Tony

George Zimmerman needs to take full responsibility for what he has commited. Why would he kill just another ordinary boy that had a good life?

April 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  584. christina

my question is why go against what you are trying to help?

April 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  585. Jarod

I dont think that zimmerman should have resorted to shooting him because Trayvon Martin was only a teenager and George was a grown man don't you think George could have just held him back?

April 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  586. Emma

There was no right for a 17 year old to get shot...especially if he wasn't doing anything wrong. Why won't Zimmerman just come forward, it would make everything a whole lot simpler...

April 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  587. Adrienne

I think it was wrong for that shooter to shoot Trayvon.He shouldnt have done it......I do have one question though why did he shoot him anyways, I heard the voices of the people on the news and Trayvon was screaming for help but the guy shot him anyways.They new that he shot him but why didnt they send them to jail? It probably wasnt a self defense act just because he was colored he had to get shot because he was wearing his hood over his head why was that so bad? I think it was wrong for Zimmerman to even follow Trayvon. Zimmerman you had no reason to do that.

April 10, 2012 at 2:36 pm |
  588. Benjamin

George Zimmerman should have to take the consequences because i honestly doubt he shot the boy for self-defense. He had no reason to shoot that poor teenager. So my question is why did he shoot him?

April 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  589. Josalynne

I think the Florida shooting was a very tragic event.Just because someone has their hood on does'nt mean you go off and shoot them.Trayvon was an innocent young man walking with his hoodie and a guy shoots him?! What is up with our world now a days.I think the person who shot this young man should be proven guilty and put in prison for LIFE!

April 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  590. Jackie

I don't think that shotting someone is ok. Yet if it is self defence I would say it depends on what he did to make the shot

April 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  591. Sydney

I don't think it was really selfdefence, i think he was just being rasist and found an easy target then claimed he was atacked.

April 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  592. Mikaylah

The shooting in florida was not right the young man that was shot was unarmed. You shouldn't shoot someone that just has his hood on. The guy that shot him said he was defendin himself I can't beleive that because did the guy that got shot do anything to the guy that was shooting was he holding a gun at him no. He has no right to shoot a young black man. I'm pretty sure his family was very dissappointed that someone just shot there son for no personal reason.well i hope everything gets figured out. I think this man that shot a guy that was just wearing a hood should go to prison.

April 10, 2012 at 2:37 pm |
  593. alexis

i think that it was wrong to shoot the boy because he was wearing a hood. he should just tell the truth about what happened and save everyone the trouble.he should be put in jail for a very long time.

April 10, 2012 at 2:38 pm |
  594. Melody

Why would you shoot him if he is unarmed? But my big question is what happened between the 911 call and the shooting? Did they have a fight and the grown man got so mad that he shot the teenage boy? Or did the boy really attack the grown man? Even the teenage boy did really attack the grown man then why didn't the grown man have any fighting marks anywhere? It was uncalled for the GROWN man to shoot the TEENAGE boy.

April 10, 2012 at 2:39 pm |
  595. skyla

dont shoot some people just because they look sucpicous.because if somebody was walking around being very quiet,you shouldn't go off and shoot them.Some people could be really nice,but quiet so you would be taking someones life for no reason.

April 10, 2012 at 2:40 pm |
  596. cameron

I do not think he had shot him. I do not think he had to do that to him.beuase he was a kid.

April 10, 2012 at 2:42 pm |
  597. Kylie

Zimmerman was told not to follow Tayvon from the 911 operator, but he did. He confronted an innocent teenager cutting through the neighbor hood to get home quicker. Did Zimmerman even have any thing hurt that would prove self defense?? Anyway do you really need to shoot him??? He is an innocent teenager. He is guilty. There is no reason for self defense. That is just my opinion, and obviously alot of others too.

April 10, 2012 at 2:45 pm |
  598. sarah

I don't think George Zimmerman should of shoot Trayvon because the guy really did'nt do any thing.So that's why I just think George Zimmerman should go to jail because he deserve it.

April 10, 2012 at 2:47 pm |
  599. Kylie

My question for Zimmerman, " Why would you even bring the gun out with you?"

April 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm |
  600. Xavier

Why do people only care about those who are important?

April 10, 2012 at 2:56 pm |
  601. Jon

Why can't Zimmerman just get charged? He killed Trevan, who knows, he may have just been walking home.

April 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm |
    • Warren

What if Trevan attacked him? I don't thin Zimmerman should have perused Trevan but if he did the real question should be was Zimmermans life in danger? If not than he should go to jail.

April 12, 2012 at 11:22 am |
  602. Brianna

We don't know all of the details. What if Zimmerman is lying? Afterall he did kill the teen.

April 10, 2012 at 2:59 pm |
  603. Matthew

Well I feel that this was raised tot he news attention because of the race thing. But what I want to know is what happened in the 20 minute gap between when Zimmerman called the police and when gun shots were heard.

April 10, 2012 at 3:01 pm |
  604. Gabe

I want to know if George Zimmerman was acting out of self-defense or he just shot, because of Trayvon Martin’s race. I think there may have been some racism involved here, but that is just my opinion. I think this case is getting so much attention, because of the fact of the races that are involved. He is part of neighborhood watch; I don’t think that involved shooting him, especially since I don’t think George Zimmerman was in any danger. He should have just notified the police and let THEM do THEIR job. It isn’t his job to determine whether or not someone is a criminal or not. I don’t think Mr. Zimmerman was thinking before his actions, he just acted.

April 10, 2012 at 3:29 pm |
  605. Ariana

why is the media making a huge deal about this shooting. its not like this is the only shooting that has ever occurred this way. also, how many different versions of this event are out there? i mean it seems pretty obvious that Trevon wasn't doing anything to harm Zimmerman (by what witnesses say and what the recordings we hear sound like) so why are people still clueless??

April 10, 2012 at 5:04 pm |
  606. Garrett

I truley think that zimmerman is guilty,but why can't they realize this needs to be presented in front of a grand jury so zimmerman can get the full punichment?

April 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm |
  607. ALESSIA

I think it is not fair that,that man shot him in any way he should go to jail in any way even he said "it was an exedent".

April 10, 2012 at 5:17 pm |
  608. CJ

The what if game is something that can be played over and over. I think that we should wait for more facts to come out about this story. But, why is it that now a movement around the country is being made? There is alot of other people who die everyday, what about them?

April 10, 2012 at 5:23 pm |
  609. Caitlynne

What was the reason for the shooting? Was it just because, or another reason?

April 10, 2012 at 5:31 pm |
  610. Jordyn

Does wearing a hoodie really make you suspicious? My friends and I wear hoodies almost every day and no one ever treats us differently.

April 10, 2012 at 5:54 pm |
  611. Sabrina

...Just because Zimmerman shot a black person, doesn't mean he is racist. Zimmerman is half Mexican and Trayvon is black. Think of it this way: If Trayvon Martin was a white person, would those people on strike still support him?

April 10, 2012 at 6:04 pm |
  612. Ariana

It's not fair that somebody threw flour on kim kardashian and were arrested so quickly but zimmerman is still free! Its not right
    -Skittles,ice tea, and a hoodie who doesn't eat drink or wear those things ALMOST EVERYONE does

April 10, 2012 at 6:25 pm |
  613. Camryn

OK, so to me it sounds like some teenager was just walking home, startled a neighborhood watch guard, and the watch guard shot him?!? Even if he did attack him, he's dead. The watch guard should at least get some punishments, or maybe a few gun lessons if he's shooting people just walking at night! To take a life is an unforgivable theft, but somehow people seem to let the watch guard off. Maybe this is a racial thing, but this guy should be punished in my opinion.

April 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm |
  614. Taelynn

I think the guy who shot the kid should have thought before he even pulled that triger

April 10, 2012 at 8:04 pm |
  615. chloey

I think that Zimmerman is lying because, i honestly don't think that Trevan Martin did anything to hurt him, I mean Trevon had skittles an and ice tea? he's totally guilty. Zimmerman just so happend to have a gun on him? i dont believe it on bit.

April 10, 2012 at 8:08 pm |
  616. Pippa...

I think Zimmerman is innocent. He is a neighborhood watch person. Do you really think he would pull a firearm and someone just by looking at them? Besides, Trayvon was suspended from school because of illegal actions so who knows what he would be charged in doing? But we won't be sure until the police realese the whole story.

April 10, 2012 at 9:40 pm |
  617. Abby-Jo

If it was a white shooting a white it probably wouldn't get this much publicity, would it? Or if it was a black shooting a black? This isn't a racial crisis, so why are we treating it like one?

April 10, 2012 at 9:56 pm |
  618. Josh

I think they shouldn't just jump to conclusion here. Zimmerman shouldn't have shot,but yell or say I have a gun to scare off his intruder . He just fired and shot.

April 10, 2012 at 10:58 pm |
  619. Josh

I don't think we should just jump to conclusions here. Zimmerman, instead of shooting could have yelled or say " I have a gun". It would make much more since instead of shooting Tryvon

April 10, 2012 at 11:01 pm |
  620. Gabrielle

Why does everyone care so much? Stuff like this happens all over the world. Why just this one incident?

April 11, 2012 at 8:19 am |
  621. Chey

I think its reallly sad,):

April 11, 2012 at 9:26 am |
  622. Allie

I think that the police need to find out if Trayvon attaked Zimmerman. To me, that would make a difference. Becasue that would show if Zimmerman just randomly shot an african american kid with some skittles and ice tea, or if he shot him with no justice. Either way, Zimmerman really needs to be investigated.

April 11, 2012 at 9:27 am |
  623. Marisa

I think that if Zimmerman accused Treyvon of beating him why didn't he have any scares. It's also strange the Zimmerman didn't even check him for a weapon or didn't take him to the police. That's very irresponsible on his part. Also why haven't they took Zimmerman to the police. He is obviously guilty. They need to take this matter seriously and this has happened before there is still racist people out there.

April 11, 2012 at 9:30 am |
  624. Makaela

Why would he do something something like that. Justice needs to be served

April 11, 2012 at 9:39 am |
  625. Kione

i think the situatuation woulda been diferent if Trayvon was white an de zimmerman fella was
    black and zimmerman shot Trayvon he would ben arstd

April 11, 2012 at 9:40 am |
  626. Pippa...

The reason Zimmerman was following treyvon was because he was in a gated community. Like rich people live there. And Zimmerman thought he looked suspicous. My dad is on this case. I know a lot..

April 11, 2012 at 6:59 pm |
  627. Jessie

If Trayvon Martin had accually attacked Zimmerman, wouldn't someone hear the commotion. Maybe the sounds could've been from the shooting?

April 11, 2012 at 7:28 pm |
  628. kailee

If he listed to the 911 operator this mess wouldn't have happen. and he wouldn't have gotten him self in to this mess. on the news they will only show the kid pictures why not show the now pictures? who through the first blow?

April 11, 2012 at 7:33 pm |
  629. Alyssa

I just heard from the tv news that Zimmerman is charged and is arrested. Justice is served!!! Then I heard that Zimmerman shot Trayvon for self-defense because Trayvon attacked him. But, was Trayvon attacking in self-defense too? I mean, Zimmerman was following Trayvon, of course it would make sense if Trayvon attacked in self-defense.
    RIP Trayvon

April 11, 2012 at 10:08 pm |
  630. justin

I think that the watchman should be punished, he did not know how old Traymond was and if he was 18 he would be allowed to have a gun.

April 12, 2012 at 8:31 am |

Whether the shooting was self- defense or not, I still dont think it was right that George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin because he was wearing a hoodie.I believe that Zimmerman is telling a lie for claiming self-defense when he claimed that Trayvon looked suspicious. I also think that Florida's 'Stand Your Ground' law should be denied because it isnt right for a person to use weapons for self defense. My question is if Zimmerman claimed self-defense why would he been following Martin when he wasnt bothering Zimmerman?

April 12, 2012 at 9:16 am |
  632. India

My question is why did it take so long to arrest George Zimmerman? I mean you can tell that he wasnt telling the truth from the jump off. He needs more than what ever a second degree carries thats my idea because you lied to the state of Florida even when you sworn in an you killed a person that wasnt bothering you.

April 12, 2012 at 9:17 am |
  633. Gabi

Zimmerman messed up badly. R.I.P Trayvon!

April 12, 2012 at 11:13 am |
  634. Destiny

Even if it was self deffence he had no right to shoot him. He should have just called the police and let them solve it you ont fight fire with fire

April 12, 2012 at 5:38 pm |
  635. Ja kyung

With his turning himself in to authorities, who will get the best benefit? It's simple to guess.

April 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm |
  636. Betsy

I am not saying Zimmerman did or didn't do this for self-defence, I am just saying that I don'tthink it is a fair trial because there are very, very few people that know about this case and it would be really hard to find a jury of people that aren't aware of the case already. Nobody knows what happen except for Zimmerman and Trayvon and unfortunately. Trayvon is no longer with us and if Zimmerman did shoot him for no reason, then obvisously he is not going to confess to what he did.

April 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm |
  637. Caitlyn

I am so glad that Zimmerman turned himself in! Also i am glad that Trayvon got his justice and may now rest in peace. And why would he bring a gun with him, well unless he has a permitt. Also, what was trayvon doing to treaten, or harm Zimmerman in any way shape or for. Ah, pleople these days,

April 13, 2012 at 10:23 am |
  638. Layla

I think the shooting was un-called for. The man on the other end of the phone said to wait, but Zimmerman did the oppisite. I'm glad he turned himself in. That's all I have to say.

April 13, 2012 at 2:50 pm |
  639. KADEN

Why would Zimmerman kill some teenager for no reason?

April 13, 2012 at 2:54 pm |
  640. Edith

why would someone go shooting someone else even if it was [self-defense] couldn't he have shot him somewhere else like the leg, but killing him now that's just wrong, and if they were different rases he's being rases

April 13, 2012 at 7:32 pm |