.
June 8th, 2011
11:31 AM ET

Tell us about your summer!

The CNN Student News team has a lot going on this summer.  We’re working on some summer shows that will appear on our website each week and some new things you’ll see in August.  Of course, there will always be a few days to just relax as well.

What are you doing this summer?  Are you working? Traveling? Hanging out with friends?  We’d love to hear how your summer is going here on our blog. 

Don’t forget, you can also send us an iReport video or photo if you are 13 or older.  Go to our homepage, CNNStudentNews.com and look for the “In the Spotlight” section.  Click on “Send us your iReports.”

-The CNN Student News Team

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. tasha

what am i doing this summer? i am going to try and find a job. hang out with my friends. look for a car. try and get my license. hang out with my family and of course go to the beach. my summer is going to be a blast. but it is also going to fun.

June 8, 2011 at 5:18 pm |
  2. Remy

I'm gonna miss CNN so much over the summer. I'm glad you'll have special summer shows once in a while. My whole 6th grade at my school watches this. I hope the sixth graders next year watch this and I hope the sixth graders this year will get to watch this as 7th graders. I love CNN Student News!

June 8, 2011 at 5:44 pm |
  3. Sammy

I will have a great summer filled with camps, my birthday, and other activities like swimming and riding my bike. I hope you have a great summer too Carl!

June 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
  4. Taylot

I am so excited for the summer! I get to go to the ocean and swim! I have my birthday in August! THE FINAL HARRY POTTER!!! WOOT!!!! and the best part of all, NO SCHOOL!

June 9, 2011 at 10:26 am |
  5. alyssa

I am going to North Carolina, Key West Florida, and Tennessee this summer. FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 9, 2011 at 8:14 pm |
  6. TJH Social Studies

We aren't on summer vacation. We are at school working very hard. We are hustling, typing, and more. We like CNN student news. We think the last episode should extend to the middle of June.

June 10, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  7. Brendan

I am just starting to enjoy summer since i got out on June 10th and i'm enjoying it by go swimming and hanging out with my friends

June 10, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  8. racheal

i will be doing a lot of sports and drawing

June 10, 2011 at 4:20 pm |
  9. jasmine

Well, nothing except hanging with my best friend, Stephanie. I'll be chillin around my house and I think I may go a few places now and then.Thats all I'm doing for summer now, but I guess I'll just have to find the rest out

June 10, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  10. Jasmine

I am going to travel, study for school, read a lot of books, and pretty much spend a lot of time with friends I didn't see for a long time. I love summer vacation but hate the hot weather, so most of the summer you can find me at a pool with friends^^

June 10, 2011 at 6:15 pm |
  11. racahel(:

my summer will be amazing! dont know what i am doing yet but i know it will be amazing

June 10, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
  12. Lauren

My summer is AMAZING im on a swim team and my volleyball team won 1st place at our final game out of all the 12 and under teams in the US!!!! im also in horse camp and everyday we go to the beach and i also play with my friends!

June 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
  13. Nick

Im spending my summer watching reruns of your regular program because I love your show 🙂

June 10, 2011 at 10:43 pm |
  14. Rachael

Well I'm going to go to Egg Harbor, New Jersy to see my best friend Emma.

June 11, 2011 at 7:32 am |
  15. mary

this summer i'm hanging out with friends and baby sitting younger kids trying to make a change in the world.

June 11, 2011 at 10:24 am |
  16. chase

i am hanging with freiends for 1 month then it is off to floridia for 2 months

June 11, 2011 at 10:27 am |
  17. Nathan

My summer is asome. I have a all summer swimming pass to any pool.

June 11, 2011 at 10:42 am |
  18. Nadav

Vacations after vacations after vacations! It's so much fun!

June 11, 2011 at 11:05 am |
  19. Genna

It is going to be very fun. I am outside all the time waiting to go to my friend's house! I might be going to Maryland, New York, and Rhode Island!

June 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm |
  20. Ryan

I'm spending my summer by playing sports like baseball and golf, but also reading books and watching movies. Summer is fun to me.

June 11, 2011 at 1:15 pm |
  21. Cassidy

I'm doing sports this summer. I have basketball and volleyball six days a week. I also plan on going to St. Lucia for vacation in late August. Hanging out with friends also seems to take up a lot of summer time for me. (:

June 11, 2011 at 4:01 pm |
  22. chrissy

i am gonna spend time with family go somewhere

June 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm |
  23. Minyoung

To me,South Korea where I live, summer vacation is almost one month later on today. I'm making a plan to take a more useful time to be concreted. First, on weeks except monday will go the the children's libray. the design is cool, temperate is also cool because of air condition. and It has very useful books that I want. I heard on books that USA have a long term vacation. Korea vacation term is one month and little more, two time on year.

June 12, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  24. michael

so far i have liked your show through the past year and it is cool well gtg

June 12, 2011 at 10:55 am |
  25. Michelle

This summer, I'm doing lots of volunteer work around my community as well as looking for a job! I am also preparing for high school and staying academically active as much as I can. I will definitely spend time with friends and relax at the beach. It's going to be a great summer!

June 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  26. kc

Will I am going to swlm in a pool that is in a apartment. It is 3 ft but we have diffrent sizes. The other side is 7ft tall. That is really deep

June 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm |
  27. joel

this summer i will study math and work on science i am behind a little bit in math but i just enjoy science. and i am hoping to join the civil air patrol this summer.

June 13, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  28. Remy

This summer i will be swimming, hanging out with my friends, cleaning my room, watching T.V., and playing on the computer and wii

June 13, 2011 at 9:18 am |
  29. Lashia

This summer I am having a family reunion and I'm going to North Carolina,South Carolina,Georgia,and The South Of The Border.

I am going to have the best time of my life their and I'm going to go to the park and swimming in my big backyard with my pool on a very hot day and on June 17 2011 my whole school is going to BOSTON and WOW!!!!!! And my mom too is going best year in my whole entire life.And for my wonderful teachers Mrs..Peterson and MS.MANNION

P.S I will still watch CNN student news everyday
    Your friend, Lashia

June 13, 2011 at 10:02 am |
  30. Min Jae

Trying to read over 500 books over the summer! Record is 463

June 13, 2011 at 10:07 am |
  31. kierra

my summer is going good I went 2 the beach last week i'm spending sometime with my grandma & i'm babysitting my baby sis and i'm going swimming next week for the summer

June 13, 2011 at 2:19 pm |
  32. Carrie

For my summer break from CSUN (Cal State University, Northridge), I'm learning the Mandarin language. I will be utilizing my CDs and tutor. I was born in California and only speak English, but I look forward to the challenge.

June 13, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  33. Monique

My summer is going great my family and i are going to san antonio and were going to go to six flags.Me and my friends went to the swimming pool for my birthday.I also got to go see rio the movie about the bird it was really fun.And i still watch CNN student news and my birthday was june 7 so it was really fun.On saturday i went to surfside beach.I still have more things planned for my summer break though.My summer is going really great i hope everybody is having a great summer to. 🙂

June 13, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
  34. Dain

It's not summer vacation in south korea now, but I will tell you what I'm
    planded to spend summer. I'm going to carribian bay!!!( it's the best water
    park in korea) and I am going to watch CNN student news.. : )
    I'm not good at english but thank you for watching my comment!

June 14, 2011 at 6:55 am |
  35. richard

i have been being at my friend more and i been mowing peoples lawns,when I'm not doing anything i play call of duty black ops the new game and here pretty soon I'm getting headphones for my ps3.

June 14, 2011 at 11:30 am |
  36. Nina

Since I am from Germany, I still have classes until July 15. But after that, my summer starts as well and it is going to be great! One of my best friends (she lives in Korea) is coming to visit me and we are going to have the time of our lives once again. We have not seen each other in 3 years and it is finally time for some long talks and fun at the beach!

June 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
  37. robert

im going to florida to see my family members going to get to see my cousin woot but it its a 3-6 hour drive but the sights are nice

June 14, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
  38. cameron

i can doing music camps and hopefully having the best summer of my life. and i cant wait for high school to start next year.

June 14, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  39. Bridget

My summer has been crazy! Ive gone on 20 mile bike rides and Swimming for hours on end, But i think the most fun ive had this summer was with my dad! He recently lost hid job, and he was relentless to find one, now he works at a crane company all over the US! He took me to the car show this year, he showed me how to change the oil in a car and alot of other things, but all i know is that i love my daddy!

June 14, 2011 at 10:18 pm |
  40. jen

I decide to have a part-time job in this summer in order to earn some money that will be spent for my tuition and other fees in next semester. it's really awesome because I can make money by myself.

June 15, 2011 at 5:05 am |
  41. patrick

Im doing a bit of everything this summer. My mom wants me to balance plessure with labor, and i have to buy my school clothes for next year lol-_-

June 15, 2011 at 12:55 pm |
  42. Jueun

In South Korea, summer vacation starts on July, and right now, all the students in Korea are preparing for exam.
    In this summer, I'm gonna study Latin and hopefully, Ancient Greeks.

June 15, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  43. abigail

i spening 12 days in side 23 stitches on my right hand

June 15, 2011 at 10:06 pm |
  44. donovan

I'm having a great summer, but it is a bummer for my dog he got ran over, and now he has to ware a cone on his head and wares a cast. I'm planning on hanging with my friends and family, and traveling with my mom and brothers to visit my grandma in a different state. The summer has just begun for me and i'm planning to have a blast.

June 15, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  45. Summer

All I'm doing this Summer is jus hanging out with my friends,Family,My boyfriend, & his family. We are planning to go to the National Bridge on Saterday.Then me & my family are planning to go to Tenneesse in a little while...It's gonna be a fun Summer for me and everyone else.(:

June 16, 2011 at 12:17 am |
  46. Ian

I am spending my summer playing sports and on video games. I hope to vist my friends back home soon and spend time with family.

June 16, 2011 at 1:06 am |
  47. ralip

My summer is going to be very interesting. I'm going to go to France for a fifteen day holiday. A friend of mine is coming too. I'll send you a picture.

June 16, 2011 at 6:08 am |
  48. ande

hello from the north of spain.
    In summer I'm going to l'Hospitalet de l'infant, Madrid, França...
    And I'm going to the swimming pool, to the beach... sunny holidays
    I 'll still watch the CNN student news every week!

June 16, 2011 at 6:19 am |
  49. anigroj

My summer is going to be fun. I'm going to visit Andalusia in the south of Spain because i think it's a very interesting region. I'm going to see the CNN every week i love it. 😉

June 16, 2011 at 6:19 am |
  50. sera

My summer is going to be great, I'm going to see the CNN every day, I love it. I'm going to stay in Catalonia. I'm going to go the beach, get suntanned.(:

June 16, 2011 at 6:21 am |
  51. uenà.

Hi!
    In summer I am going to the town of my grandma's house and my cousin sera, she's writing comments on this page, too. She, me, an other friends, watch de CNN every Thursday.
    We like the CNN, and we think that, Carl Azuz does his work perfectly! 😀

June 16, 2011 at 6:23 am |
  52. anerol

Hi! This summer is going to be great. I love mathematics, so I'm going to a maths summer camp in Finland. I've never been there. My friend Miuq is coming too. We are going to take part in a national competition.

June 16, 2011 at 7:47 am |
  53. ashlynn

i love summer and it is really fun so far but i allso cant wait to go back to school to see hho i got for my forth grade teacher

June 16, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  54. Quynh-Nhu

Well, what I've been doing most of the summer is traveling to England, China, South Korea, and Hawaii to visit my relatives. Then get ready to start high school.

June 16, 2011 at 1:29 pm |
  55. Jane

This summer, I'm going to Grand Canyon in early August and even though this is not during the summer (but it's exciting), I'm going to Jump Sky High for my birthday (which is in November)!

June 16, 2011 at 2:27 pm |
  56. jake

this summer i am going to unicycle! also kiss a girl that is hot
    have a good summer carl!

June 16, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
  57. Jon

What am i going to do this summer?? I am going to Texas for my Bro. graduaction anf then i am going swimming and sleeping 🙂 Than i half to clean:(

June 16, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
  58. logan

what am i doing this summer? I am going to the beach and hang with my friends and have fun. spend time with my cozens. have my friends spend the night.

June 16, 2011 at 7:22 pm |
  59. yuki

I am going to study hard this summer vacation, because I have decided to go on to college.

June 17, 2011 at 7:16 am |
  60. Cassandra

I am going to camp on Sunday, and then to Florida where i will visit my grandparents for 2 weeks. other than that though, i am doing 3 workbooks and looking after my 2 sisters, 4 and 5, and my brother, 7, who is obsessed with vacuums.

June 17, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
  61. raymond

ive had a great summer i went surfing and i hope evryone is having a great summer

June 17, 2011 at 11:14 pm |
  62. Haru

I'll go to my grandmother's house with my sister 2 weeks in this summer.I'm looking foward to see my grandmother and to go many places near my grandmother's house!I hope it will be great summer vacation!!

June 18, 2011 at 6:48 am |
  63. rena

Since our school has a big exam just after the break, im planning to study hard. However, there are countless stuffs i want to do with my friends such as going to a beach. So, my plan is to balance playing with study.

June 18, 2011 at 8:01 am |
  64. Mayuko

This summer, I'm gonna play with friends and do sleep overs! Also, there's school festival coming up, so I'm gonna get ready for that too. Since it's my last year in the high school, I'm gonna enjoy it fully 🙂

June 18, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  65. Ryun

Well im going to alaska for a week and a half. Gonna be a blast!!! Im going with my dad and grandparents. Its gonna be the best summer ever!!!

June 18, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  66. Shyanne

My summer is going great so far! I'm spending tons of time with my friends and family. Last year in 7th grade my teacher let us watch CNNstudentnews every day; next year I hope our 8th grade social studies teacher let's us watch it. I really don't want summer to end!

June 18, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  67. Nicolas

After 8 month unemployed, I finally found a job as a salesperson in a bookstore. So I will be working all summer and am genuinely happy about it. Shame "Student news" is only once a week during summer, I'm going to miss it. Great summer to all the listeners, all the staff of "CNN Student News" and of course, great summer to Carl.

June 19, 2011 at 3:29 am |
  68. Kimiko

I'm going to Kenya as a volunteer. In this trip, I will do school work with students there and have a great time!!! Since I have been interested in EDUCATION in developing countries sinceI was a high school student and I have been dreaming to go to Kenya to help people there, I'm now very happy to know I can visit. I also going to South Korea with my mother just to enjoy my vacation. And,,,,,,,I will have to work on lots of essays, which are my summer assignment;(

June 19, 2011 at 6:19 am |
  69. Natsumi

I'm going to study hard this summer, because we have a big exam:(
    Also I want to make memories to go out with my friends.
    I'm senior in high school, so I have to leave no regrets!

June 19, 2011 at 8:49 am |
  70. Morgan

I am having a great summer so far I am hanging out with my friends and family. Having a blast. I will be able to celebrate my birthday. I will be getting a little older and a lot smarter. I am glade school is out, I am can enjoy my summer so I can relax...

What are you going to do or what are you doing today

June 19, 2011 at 11:40 am |
  71. Vincent

So far I have watched the movie Green Lantern, Pirates of the Caribbean 4, Thor, and alot more that i ended up forgetting. So far, we also have plans to go to Disneyland this upcoming July! So excitted for that! Although I wish to see my friends cuz i miss them so much, my summer is hopefully going to be fun!

June 19, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  72. Atsushi

I am going to study,go to a training camp,and return to my birthplace.I am very weak in mathematics,so i conquer it in this summer. I also play basketball with my friends.

June 20, 2011 at 7:25 am |
  73. Hana

This summer I will study English!!!!
    In my future,I plan to go abroad to learn another country's culture.
    Thus,improving my English skills is crucial.

And also,I would like to listen and watch CNN Student NEWS this summer!!

June 20, 2011 at 8:34 am |
  74. Kristina

Going to miss you during summer Carl! 😦 Summer is going to be a blast!!! Going to go to Ocean World!!!

June 20, 2011 at 9:07 am |
  75. satomi

I'll have to concentrate on my club activities almost all summer, but I'm still gonna make the best of it and enjoy the summer!!

June 20, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  76. yuki

I will devote most of my days in summer for my school club activity.

June 20, 2011 at 9:57 am |
  77. Nick

LOT'S of volunteer work and we're going back home to GERMANY!!!

June 20, 2011 at 11:12 am |
  78. Maddie

I've been swimming, hanging out with friends, and playing with my dog. I'm starting to go to this free movie program at the movie theater, and I've been visting the library for piles of great books to read. In July, I'll be going on a bus trip with my friends and family. My summer's going great, and I hope everybody else is having a great summer, too.

June 20, 2011 at 12:02 pm |
  79. hannah

going to camp be my self on Wednesday at that camp i get to go swimming every day yay!!! bye the way i ❤ cnn student news

June 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  80. Mio

My summer break is going to be really busy cuz I will have big tests for the college this fall!!I need to go to juku every single day except Saturday and Sunday. However, I am pretty sure my summer break will be awesome spending time with my close friends in juku!!We will inspire each other and get into a good college together!!
    I hope everyone will have a great summer vacation!!

June 20, 2011 at 5:59 pm |
  81. Dallin

Summer is pretty boring so far, but I am going to be traveling to Utah in July. My friend also lets me barrow his xbox 360! Summer is going to be awesome when July comes

June 20, 2011 at 10:02 pm |
  82. Sarah

For me, summer is a time to work hard, thats why the whole summer I'll be working on basketball. so i can be a better player for next year!

June 21, 2011 at 10:28 am |
  83. Jaret

I get to go to Geneva, New York to a hotel where for one night it would cost over three thousand dollars plus food money. So my mom's cousin who is a millionaire pays for over 200 people. Also I get to go to LakeAnn Camp in Michigan which is a church camp. Otherwise I am doing basically nothing.

June 21, 2011 at 12:24 pm |
  84. Grace

Chillaxing and relaxing!!

June 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm |
  85. mikaela

I am going to be babysitting kids and I am going to hang out with my family and friends more often.

June 21, 2011 at 3:17 pm |
  86. Jasjeet

I am going 2 Malaysia 🙂

June 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  87. Starla

I'm voluntering at a no-kill animal shelter and baby sitting the nieghborhood kids. 🙂

June 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm |
  88. Tim

im trying to find a job and watch cnn student news over the summer.
    GO CARAL AZUZ!!!

June 22, 2011 at 6:16 pm |
  89. Rex

Hi, I'm from China. This summer I have a travel plan with one of my friends and my foreign teacher who is from Jamaica. We are going to travel Sichuan Province and south of Shaanxi Province, which are full of beautiful natural sceneries and historical places. I'm looking forward to that traveling!

June 22, 2011 at 8:44 pm |
  90. Palmer

This summer I have a part time job baling hay. It is actually hard work. I am counting it as my summer work out. But sinse it is only part time I am also playing a lot of pick up basket ball at a local park. I feel this will be a good summer not only do I get to play basket ball, I will have some extra spending money.

June 23, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  91. KESHAWN

GOING TO HAVE ALL THE FUN I CAN

June 23, 2011 at 4:28 pm |
  92. soyeon

I am going to study very hard and I'm going to travel!

June 24, 2011 at 5:01 am |
  93. Kate

I am going to go to a bunch of dance camps 🙂

June 24, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  94. Elissa

This summer I'm going to save up some major cash to pay for and bring along with me on my trip to Spain in celebration of World Youth Day (It's a huge event for the Catholic youth of the world! 1/2 a million kids will be there!). I'll get to see cathedrals in Spain, stay with a local church, have a total blast, and even have a mass with the Pope!! Super excited!

June 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm |
  95. Kiyana (key- ana)

This summer I am with my mom until August. I'm in my most favorite place on Earth, Kotzebue Alaska which is 33 miles of the Arctic Circle. My mom has 13 huskies, 3 more and some training means my mom or jim can join the Iditarod.

June 25, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  96. Ray

i'm studying English to pass the examination to became an English teacher, and use the cnn student news to learn English and know about the world.

after it, i will have visited northeastern coast of Japan to swim in the sea!! but it might be suspended to next year, because of massive eathquake and tsunami. i hope Japan will be able to reconstruct the nation and became a nice place where we can feel free to trip around Tohoku region safely.

June 26, 2011 at 6:57 am |
  97. Natalie

I'm going to a Camp where you get to take care of your own horse for a week. There are other things to do there like Karaoke Night, a swimming pool and other activities. I can't wait!!!!!!

June 26, 2011 at 10:22 pm |
  98. Mohan

Actually summer is sometimes enjoyable and boring. We know that after summer comes the rainy season. Rainy season enjoyable when you have no work in the outside and boring when you have work. So don't worry, we should face all the seasons either or neither. thanks to all........................

June 28, 2011 at 8:37 am |
  99. Bernice

my summer gonna be busy, but in a good way busy, i'll work full time in the american school (in Taiwan), hanging with children who learning English in there, enjoy the summer camp together. And i'll save the money that i earn during the summer, and use it as my next travel spend .

June 28, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  100. Nai-Jen

The summer vacation is a good chance to do lots of researches as a phD student, since we don't need to take others lecture in school. Grasp this tight time and do fabulous things. I miss CNN student news as well as look forward to seeing new stuffs soon.

June 29, 2011 at 6:55 am |
  101. carnan

My summer is full of job and just have 5 dys holiday.I miss so much cnn student news.waiting to eagerly summer editions show.Last show is very interesing to me learn the guys do cnn student news.

June 29, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  102. laura

well there are lots of things to do i travel, work, volunteer, and hang out with my friends and family. I really have enjoyed watching cnn news in the school year and hopw to keep watching it in 8th grade 🙂

June 29, 2011 at 4:31 pm |
  103. Dana

I start college at MVCC in August and i can't wait! My high school years were pretty good! I only watched cnn student news in my economic/gov't classes...which were ok but not my favorite classes! This summer is gonna ROCK!!! Wooooooooo!

June 29, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
  104. Julia

kc, my pool 9 ft. deep.

June 29, 2011 at 8:48 pm |
  105. Collin

My summer is cool! Birthdays parties! AWESOME!

June 30, 2011 at 8:50 am |
  106. Brooklyn

I'm going to Texas and then Florida. Looks like my summer is going to be exciting. 🙂 And ill be swimming and laying out to get my tan grooving. Waves here i come. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

June 30, 2011 at 4:31 pm |
  107. chrystiann

this su,,er i went to bay city matagorta and wached three soft ball games back to back from 8 at night till 4 in the morning

July 1, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  108. Sean

I will be going to Japan, and will be watching every webcast of CNN Student News.

July 1, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
  109. Lin

I am going to a summer camp about computer.I think it would be a lot of fun!

July 2, 2011 at 2:59 am |
  110. michelle

my summer is going great. Me and my family went camping. One thing that do not like is the heat here.

July 2, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  111. Mel

The original plan was to find some work and start saving up money, but circumstances have not permitted that. Instead, I've been searching for some volunteering opportunities in my area- it's not as easy as it seems. Haha...
    I've been on a huge tennis binge...going to play at my local court almost daily- this is one sport I actually enjoy. 😛
    I haven't gone on vacation to anyplace exotic...but with Verne, I'm currently traveling to the center of the earth.

July 2, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
  112. cui

During this summer vocation,i'm going to have internship in a famous company in our country.Maybe it's the last summer vocation in my life,because i'll graduate next year.From my experiences,we should make a detail plan about what you should do,or,you'll find it is very fast to spend this periods.then,you'll fell regret.

July 2, 2011 at 10:36 pm |
  113. JIn Yi

I'm a student from China .
    I have 3 plans this vacation .
    First, I plan to study TOEFL . My parents and I have realized that English is very important , and if i want to study abroad, i must study it hard. Seriously though, I find it very difficult for me to learn every word. My vocabulary is too............ poor. But I believe I can learn well ^^
    My second plan is to play soccer with my friend during wednesday and Saturday morning . I want to make me healthy and i also love soccer very much . Most of my friends here love NBA but i love soccer better, though I can't play it well . But my soccer skills will be improved. ^-^
    Third, I plan to visit South Korea. I have some relatives there. when I was young , I lived there for 7years. So there are also many friends and teachers to visit.
    Maybe I will spend many happy hours studying (^^?) , playing sports, visitng friendly people.

(Is the every sentenses correct ? ^^ )

July 3, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  114. Frances

Seems like everybody is going to hang out. Well, I am planning to study little more this summer vacation. I should study English and especially Math a lot so that I can enjoy studying those. It would be little hard on hot summer days because my plan is quite harsh, but I am getting in to it!! Thanks for CNN student news for making me being interested in English!

July 4, 2011 at 9:34 am |
  115. Julia

I might go to science camp for 2 weeks. also i am gonna go to NJ and PA.

July 4, 2011 at 12:07 pm |
  116. Natasha

I am mainly hanging out with family and going back and forth between my parents because they are divorced! But while I am at my moms, I get to help out at the school she works at and play with babies or the "afterschoolers" Kinder-5th! Its a lot of fun but I am mainly wanting to see friends and family and sleep in late!!!!!!!!! Thank you CNN news!

July 4, 2011 at 3:48 pm |
  117. lenka

Hello.im lenka.im from China..this summer i will be a teacher other place..its a great chance..i can get some experience and earn some money..after that, if my salary can buy a tickt to U.S. ,

July 5, 2011 at 2:30 am |
  118. jessie

I'm studying all summer
    Vacation's the best time to catch up with school work
    so says my Mom..........
    Sounds great huh?

July 5, 2011 at 7:19 am |

I was so happy when summer started till we flooded i live in minot and I cant do anything but help our people out. Hopfully they have the state fair.

July 5, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  120. Heather

My summer is at summer school, It's not as bad as it seems, we watch CNN Student News and then get to work and when schools out for the day I spend it with my friends relaxing at the beach!

July 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  121. audrey

so far all i'v done is go to summer school. but i'll soon be out it's only three weeks. Not only that but my faimly is packing to move to Bluffton. every one is happy, but i just hope one of my teachers show CNN in class like this year.

July 6, 2011 at 11:33 am |
  122. michelle

my summer is going really well it is really awesome hanging out with my family is so cool it just fun

July 8, 2011 at 9:23 am |
  123. Dasol

Our summer vacation starts about a week later. I have to study math, English, and maybe science, too. Best of all, I will read as many books I've wanted to read as possible. The time watched Cnn student news for the first time dates back to more than two years ago. Wow!! Time flies! Thank you Carl and wishes for quality news constantly!

July 9, 2011 at 1:49 am |
  124. Luke

Hello Nice to meet you. I am from Korea and I am going to Jeju island

July 9, 2011 at 4:59 am |
  125. Luke

I am Luke from Korea and I will go to Jeju island with my family for 3 days. I am going to ride horse, eat many delicious foods, sleep in a good hotel and experience many things that I can't experience anywhere! I think it is going to be a lot of fun. I hope vacation comes soon. My school vacation is on this Friday! No school! Hooray!

July 11, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  126. jessie

I'm studying all summer
    so says my Mom..........
    Sounds great huh?

July 11, 2011 at 10:14 am |
  127. jacob

I'm just hanging out with all my friends. Going camping in a while. I think it will be fun

July 11, 2011 at 2:05 pm |
  128. Christine

mostly hanging out with friends and stuff but i really want to go back to school and stuff

July 12, 2011 at 10:53 pm |
  129. Hyun

I do want to send a great, exciting summer vacation but it will be very boring this time. I have to study for high school entry. I would study, study, AND STUDY. Isn't it cruel to an usual student? Fortunately, I have one church camp. This camp is an alliance summer camp that many churches spend time together. It would be the only thing that cheers me up in this summer.

July 13, 2011 at 7:51 am |
  130. Claire

My summer contains lots of things that I choose to do. I like to hang with my friends, go swimming at the local swimming pool, play basketball with my friends, and play softball. However, sometimes i just like to chill at my house and have some "me" time. I think that summer is about having a lot of "you" time and relaxing because you usually dont have that kind of time during the school year. Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!!

July 14, 2011 at 10:03 am |
  131. An Binh

I really love cnnstudentnews. I spent many times to see it for learning English, my favorite subject ! I love you guys !

July 14, 2011 at 8:46 pm |
  132. Darren

Playing computer games,watching TV, and studying.For a examination next month.I want to say it's really a terrible vacation.

July 15, 2011 at 10:57 am |
  133. Kali

I'm studying french, hanging with friends and family, going to the beach, and playing with my dogs. So my summer is going great! 😄

July 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
  134. silver

well, I haven't been on a summer vacation before, because I have to prepare for my exams in the beginning of my new term. Besides, I may go to countryside for a while, smell the flowers and enjoy the green hills. Oh, the most importan thing is my sister will teach me aerobics dancing, very interesting.

July 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm |
  135. Destiny

I love the summer ,but looking foward to school so I can get away from my little brother and sister.

July 16, 2011 at 10:32 pm |
  136. bonnie

I am a student from China,I begin to concern this program recently,I like it very much. As it is my last summer holiday, I think i will treasure very much. do sth. interesting,such as picking the fruits, getting the drive lences etc.

July 16, 2011 at 11:29 pm |
  137. tony

Well this summer i have a part time job is fun i work at a restaurant and get 2 meet new people every day and i also hang out wit my friends and go to parties.

July 17, 2011 at 4:49 am |
  138. Jason

I spend all of my time preparing for the upcoming exam. It's tough, but I think I'll learn a lot during this summer. I love CNN student news very much, and it's just kind of my favorite website that I watch everytime when I search the Internet.

July 17, 2011 at 9:08 am |
  139. jade

my summer so far has been a blast i have been working i work just about every friday at the zephery's baseball games , i have traveled to destin florida with my family to visit the beaches where we cleaned up the trash and we also found homes for stray animals,another thing i have done is went to lots of parties for my friends most of them turned 16, and i also hung out with lots of my friends!!!

July 18, 2011 at 7:27 am |
  140. Jaeun

What do people of my age [teens] usually do during the summer in your country?

July 18, 2011 at 10:12 am |
  141. Owen

I'm just traveling around and reading books so far. I;m trying to read many books as I can.

July 18, 2011 at 6:48 pm |

I`m going to Mt.Baek-du with my father. And have the thought planted in my mind that Mt.Baek-du is the mountain of the Korea. Not Chinas. It will be both fun and do some goods for Korea.

July 19, 2011 at 8:14 am |
  143. Lauren

I am working as a cashier part time trying to earn and safe up money.

July 19, 2011 at 9:12 am |
  144. Chelsea

Hi, I am from Taiwan! Now I am in Singapore to have summer program!!! It's so good to travel abroad, though I still have lots of works to do......

July 19, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
  145. Katrina

I am looking for a new job, and i hope that I will find new one at the end of summer.

July 19, 2011 at 8:29 pm |
  146. Amethyst

I am retaking Algebra 1 in summer school because I didn't pass onto geometry for my Freshmen year. Getting into geometry this next year will help me go deeper into mathematics, because of the career path I'm choosing, it involves a lot of math and science. Summer school has really helped me and I'm doing a lot better than I did this last year! I'm very happy so far. I would like to get my degrees in a doctoring of some sort. Most likely I will go into the path of becoming a doctor because I absolutely love helping people in anyway that I can, that is one of the reasons I am in Girl Scouts, and my mother has always told me that I would be a good nurse (or something to that degree).

July 19, 2011 at 9:56 pm |
  147. mai anh

My summer such a mess 😦 i just want to find part time job, learn something i want, for example, cooking, and have a great time with family, join in club and have fun with friends. But everything seems hard to me, i have to quit my job twice, now i don't have anything to do, i just do housework all day and fell bore :(( what can i do now :-<

July 20, 2011 at 10:10 am |
  148. michelle

I visited all the hot spots in california and in New York. It was so much fun although sad its over but excited for school.!!

July 20, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
  149. Naomi

i was in summer school the whole summer i skipped two whole grades in 6 weeks 🙂 excitement !!!!!!!!!

July 20, 2011 at 10:34 pm |

I will study harder and harder than school time.
    Summer is best time to study a lot!!
    I want enjoy this summer of course, but I don't lose myself.
    However I also enjoy this summer.
    I'm going to watch soccer game and see movies etc.

July 21, 2011 at 9:22 am |
  151. M.J.

This summer will be very exciting. I will go on a trip. I will also read tons of books.^&^

July 21, 2011 at 9:28 am |
  152. Kara

i'm going 2 the pool and hanging out with friends!

July 21, 2011 at 10:50 am |
  153. Maddie

this summer i went to a christian overnight camp for a week doing things i never thought i would do. for example climbing a 30 ft rock wall and as soon as i got to the top i went down the zipline:)

July 21, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
  154. Marlene

This summer im not really going to do any thing on summer because its going to be my birthday so im going to go to disneyland or going to have a pool party with fam and friends .

July 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
  155. Adeline

Hi, I am a student from China . And I will go to Wuhan university iIn September.Last week I had travelled to Shandong Province .Then now I am looking for a job that suits me .And one month later I'll lead a new life! I'm looking forward for it !

July 22, 2011 at 11:02 pm |
  156. claire

this summer, I am planning to go to France and I think I'll be hanging out with my friends:)

July 23, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  157. Min Kyeong

This summer is going to be awesome!!!! There are going to be so many birthday parties, and this is my first summer participating in an english debate contest. i'm not planning on going to a trip this summer, but I'd love to!

July 24, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
  158. Grace

I am going to Palau for my vacation!!!! The tour interests me so much because this small but delicate country owns a huge variety of corols and tropical creatures that can't be seen in other places.

July 25, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  159. Lovemore

This summer I will be working on my research project and just hanging out with my friends. Afterwards I am going to visit my bff Ryannn 🙂

July 26, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
  160. Soni

Hi! I'm Soni from U.S. What I'm doing this summer is I'm hanging out with my friends, going to really awesome summer camps, and in my free time writing in my diary, playing with my little sister, playing my DSi , or reading. I went to South Padre Island for Fourth Of July. awesome,Awesome, AWESOME!!!

July 26, 2011 at 10:04 pm |
  161. Lauren

Im traveling, spending time with family, and doing summer camps like cooking at saint marys academy.

July 27, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  162. Marlene

Im putting up my pool today .Im going to swim in it on monday. ITS GOING TO BE FUN SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 30, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
  163. Christine

Swimming, Horseback riding, hanging out with friends, looking forward to getting our schedules. I'd say summer is good. It's even better with CNN Student News Summer Edition! CNN Student News make summer a bit more interesting. Thanks for making my summer great!

July 30, 2011 at 11:29 pm |
  164. tim

i got to personally fly a plane several times and i got some pre marine training and ive been looking up scholorships and colleges. i think a good idea for career connetions would be military careers.

July 31, 2011 at 12:59 pm |
  165. Clara

Summer school, looking for a possible internship with animals and planning my final year in highschool. I'm also going out with friend to the pool i cant be busy all summer so I have as much as I can while I can have a good summer everyone !

August 1, 2011 at 9:58 am |
  166. joy

Lot of things to do. But top 10 is..

swimming in the pool(I prefer pool than sea)

study for second semester(so much to memorize)

go to the movies

study my grammer

do my vacation homework(I promised to d it steadily)

exercise regularly(every morning and evening)

hang out with friends

give birthday presents to my friends

visit my grand parents

read at least 4books

I thought I had a lot to do, but when I write 10 things, I was like'I can't think if anymore..' I'll plan more detailed plan nest summer.

August 1, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  167. Katherine

I am on vacation in vancouver and british columbia. I also watched tje womens world cup in germany. THE USAWNT ROCKS!!!!!!so sad that they lost. and of course i have been swimming.

August 2, 2011 at 11:51 am |
  168. Annie

I am working, I got an internship with my local newspaper and I am enjoying it very much!

August 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm |
  169. Sam

My summer has been a blast. we have gone on a few camping trips and went to St. Louis to see the arch.

August 3, 2011 at 12:04 pm |
  170. Sam

It's too bad you guys don't have summer show regularly, otherwise i'd watch all of them. you guy rock the sox off of every other tv broadcast

August 3, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
  171. rachel

I did swimming lessons.

August 8, 2011 at 7:31 pm |
  172. Frankie

what i did this summer was hang out with friends

August 10, 2011 at 4:04 pm |

This summer I've been volunteering at the hospital of the university of pennsylvania. It's a great experience and it's really fun. I went to NYC, Washington D.C., and Ocean City Maryland.

August 11, 2011 at 10:03 am |
  174. Cindy

Well this summer I will go to dorney park um my parents can't really take vacation because they have work to do so I'll go visit my grandma uh. also go to the pool it's hot this summer the pool is going to be crowded with people so the water is going to be dirty so i might not go to it that often

August 12, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  175. Madeline

I went to dorney park it was a lot of fun I went on the Hydra and some more exciting rides some we got wet but we eventually dried off um we went to the park when it was not that hot. The kids had to get out a couple of times. Um we did not really go on vacation but Dorney Park was Awesome we ate some stuff went on some rides together and even went to the Wild Water Kingdom some was not that fun but still my trip to Dorney Park was majorly awesome My summer was great!

August 12, 2011 at 10:48 pm |