May 10th, 2011

Mobile Tracking

As one official put it, "The line between mobile devices and computers is shrinking every day."

But where should the line be as far as tracking our location information goes?  When we use a smartphone or GPS device to get around, the information of where we are can be tracked by companies - and in some cases, shared with other companies.

Our names aren't usually shared, and the executives questioned on Capitol Hill yesterday said there are several ways that we users can "opt out," or decide not to share our location information.

The question for you is this:  Does it bother you that your location (but not your name) could be tracked when you use a mobile device?  Or is this nothing to worry about?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Connor

I think tracking may be a good idea if you are lost or parents just want to know where you are., but if you overuse it, it may invade privacy.

May 10, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  2. Barb

If we can 'opt out' of tracking as has been suggested, then why should it be important if it is possible to be tracked or not? If someone personally is unhappy with being tracked then they can turn it off ,while if someone else isn't worried about it then they could leave it on. Personal freedoms are not violated if there is a 'on and off' option.

May 10, 2011 at 6:25 pm |
  3. Allison

i don't worry about it, if they knew who we are and where we are,I think that would be an invasion of privacy.

May 10, 2011 at 6:53 pm |
  4. Christian

YES!! It really would bother me if I am tracked through my Cell-Phone. But, the only exception is if you have a special app on my iPhone 4 where my parents can track where I am. I think that only your parents should track where you are.

May 10, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
  5. Harley

No, it doesn't really bother me at all. I know that the companies aren't out to get me, and they're probably not using the information for anything diabolical. Also, it's not like they're going to harrass me personally, because they don't have my name.

May 10, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
  6. Skylar

Yes this does worry me, because you never know the kind of people that are able to find your location.

May 10, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
  7. Hamza

Nothing to worry about. If you do something wrong it makes it easier to find you.

May 10, 2011 at 7:40 pm |
  8. Summer

It does bother me that my location can be tracked, why would they want to know anyway? People are getting way to personal!

May 10, 2011 at 7:46 pm |
  9. Curran

I believe this is personnaly fine for one's location to be tracked, as long as you can optionally turn it off. I wouldn't want people stalking me 24/7 and i'm sure the rest of the world dosen't want to be either.

May 10, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  10. Logan

No, I wouldn't mind at all. I actually find the idea helpful for emergencies, and also would be useful for criminal calls. Plus, if I go missing, then they know where to find me if I have my phone with me.

May 10, 2011 at 9:07 pm |
  11. Rachel

I think it's an invasion of privacy and the line should be drawn as far as only keeping people safe. They shouldn't be aloud to track people and see where ever they are. It's just not right.

May 10, 2011 at 9:08 pm |
  12. Bradley

I think that in sometimes it can be a convience, but its a violation a privacy to always tack where you are...

May 10, 2011 at 9:13 pm |
  13. Ben

I'm fine with it, as long as the 'base' company keeps the information confidential. If all they do is track kids that use phones, and then sell their locations away to other companies... isn't it bad enough people do that with emails? Locations should be kept more private, but I'm fine with the phone company tracking locations because it provides them with a sense of where their consumers are and where they need to do more sales.

May 10, 2011 at 9:16 pm |
  14. Sarah

I think this is something to worry about. What would 'they' (whoever needs this information) do with where you're at? And what does it matter? I think mobile devices are and should be used for calling, texts, researching, etc. You're information is personal to you, and only you. If I were tracked every time I used a phone or electric device, I would certainly NOT appreciate being on a 'location board' while whoever is in charge with this act is looking on and staring at where you are.

May 10, 2011 at 9:17 pm |
  15. nick

Maybe it look like a threat of privacy
    but if we think it in optimistic way it is good for our safety
    for example someone,especially woman,who take a taxi at night
    this cutting-edge technology can locate where we are and prevent us from getting lost
    so I think it is good thing

May 10, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
  16. Brenton

I think that it is something to worry about because you could never know who is on the other end of the tracker, but it could be good for your parents because if you get lost or they don't know where you are they could track you on your phone.

May 10, 2011 at 9:41 pm |
  17. Jake

I don't think it is a good idea, I don't want people to know where I am by tracking my smartphone down. I think it should be illegal.

May 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm |
  18. Ashley

I think there is something to worry about, because personaly I would be kind of scared to know that there are people that i dont even know who they are knowing where I am. Also remember that there is google earth on satellite that could track you down if they know where you are.

May 10, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  19. Aaron

i think that the companies should not be able to access our location at anytime because i think that it is ivasion of privacy. i dont want people to know where i am all the time. i think there should be a setting that you can turn on and off, so that they dont see where u are all the time.

May 11, 2011 at 2:08 am |
  20. Sauron

I don't like the idea of people tracking me because then some people could get the information and put you in danger.

May 11, 2011 at 2:52 am |
  21. Poline

it's scared. Really. Nowdays With facebook and anothers things like that we can't keep our private life for us. And now with this new technology cellphone anyone at anytime can see our move. I'm freaking out! I have a old phone whose only can texting and receive calls. That's the main aim of phone, right?

But, in contrary, if people is an danger that fonction can be use by a police but it must be use only in the emergency case.

i'm french and my english is not so good. Sorry..
    it's the first time i post a message.

May 11, 2011 at 4:00 am |
  22. Sophie.k

I think Phones should not track you it puts your self in danger with cyberbullies and other weird people.

May 11, 2011 at 4:44 am |
  23. Nathan

This is just another reason why I don't want a cell phone. It's understandable if the government wants to keep an eye on someone who they feel poses a threat to national security or something like that, but average citizens? I think that's going a too far.

May 11, 2011 at 5:57 am |
  24. Kevin

I think it does not matter when companies like Apple and Google do not keep their customers' information, but it DOES matter when they use the data without permission. If they continue to collect infos, that's when the whole thing leads to a problem.

May 11, 2011 at 5:59 am |
  25. Ryosuke

I think we do not need to worry about. We shoud have some risk to get convenience lives. What we can do now is to hope technolgical development which enable us to prevent mobile tracking.

May 11, 2011 at 6:14 am |
  26. DaVon

This has been going on forever! This isn't a new thing. It's just that people haven't known about it.

May 11, 2011 at 6:35 am |
  27. Katie

Even if you can turn it off it still is not great because I reckon some one will figure out how to hack in and the you will be in real trouble.

May 11, 2011 at 6:40 am |
  28. Elizabeth

It is kinda kreepy that you can be tracked even if the peaple tracking you dont know your name. Were you are is you bissness and/or your parents. If you wanted oethers to know you could tell them they shouldn't just be able to track you.

May 11, 2011 at 7:24 am |
  29. Sarah

Phones are for fun stuff like text,call,games,video/camrea, ect. not for tracking down people,it could be dangerouse.

May 11, 2011 at 8:23 am |
  30. Ryan

I really think that we should be tracking on the Iphone and mobile devices. This is becuase if your ever lost in the woods or somewhere you dont know and you have your mobile device on you the police can track you down and the police can save you. Another reason is that it can possibly catch bad people. This is because the name on the phone that they registerd with they can track them down with there mobile device and get them out of the street and in jail.

May 11, 2011 at 8:41 am |
  31. Sean

I dont have a phone but my dad has one and it always does seem like we are being watched. WOW, I WAS RIGHT! FOR THE FIRST TIME.

May 11, 2011 at 8:44 am |
  32. Astrayia

I think the iphone tracking you is a good think because if you get KIDNAPPED the cops and your parents will be able to find you sooner.

May 11, 2011 at 9:32 am |
  33. Rolanda

I don't think that people should track us because we should have a right to privacy. But it's a good thing that we can decline the privacy button.

May 11, 2011 at 9:36 am |
  34. Geography 1st period

This may be usefull if you can't find the device, but only if you could log into a computer with a password and track your own device. We don't want our parents to track where we have been at all times. We need a bit of privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  35. Avery

It does not bother me that my location is being tracked, but not my name. If my name and location was being tracked, I would be a little freaked out because they are tracking me. I think that the company should only allow the tracking of location, but not name or any other personal information about people. Many people probably use their locations for their mobile devices, so if people want to allow them to use their location, but not their name, they have really nothing to worry about.

May 11, 2011 at 10:17 am |
  36. Shannon

It bothers me that my location could be tracked when I use my mobile device because anyone could know where you are at any time. For facebook, you can check in on your mobile device and it shows your exact location. So everyone you know, knows where you are. I don't think it's a good idea to have it because there is a very big chance that you will get killed. It can happen to anyone.

May 11, 2011 at 10:19 am |
  37. Caitlin

It definitely is something to worry about because it's scary knowing someone knows where you are. I think people should have an option if they want there location put out there. I also think It's something to worry about because many other people can follow you around without even knowing them.

May 11, 2011 at 10:19 am |
  38. Sara

It really doesn't matter if they can track my location. It is a good thing so we can track criminals. Also it could help find people who are missing.

May 11, 2011 at 10:22 am |
  39. kaleb

I think this is not helpful to people in anyway as far as the user goes but the companies will make money on the information. This would make sense if it could somehow be used to save lives or make them easier.

May 11, 2011 at 10:29 am |
  40. Ibrahim

What's so bad if people know were you are,it's not like the people are bad guys. It's better because the police will come faster, and if the person is a thief, the police will know.

May 11, 2011 at 10:40 am |
  41. JAMES

I think its a bad thing because i would not want to be tracked

May 11, 2011 at 10:44 am |
  42. Waleel

Privacy, because nobody wants stalkers following them. People need gps because to get around. THATS JUST CREEPING STATUS.

May 11, 2011 at 10:45 am |
  43. Dean

I think it is a good idea to have mobile tracking. If there is another terrorist attack and we had no way of tracking them but they had a smart phone and that saved the world from terrorist attack.

May 11, 2011 at 10:46 am |
  44. Richard

This is creepy. Why would anyone want people to always be able to track them or the government to know their every move. This is crossing the line because privacy only goes so far and you get only a certain amount of it, so why have privacy be taken away from you because the government wants to know your every move. This is not okay...

May 11, 2011 at 10:47 am |
  45. zach

i think mobil tracking would only be good for if the person went missing or lost and nobody knew where the person is or was in the past 24 hours and you wanted to know where their they where at that time.

May 11, 2011 at 10:49 am |
  46. Rebecca

It could be a problem, if the information gets into the wrong hands. If it does, people could track where you are and when, maybe to stalk you or try something....equally bad.....to you. On the other hand, it could be a good idea for security reasons, if someone gets lost or kidnapped, they can be found easily.

May 11, 2011 at 10:49 am |
  47. Chelse

Well i think that thats a really cool app that people are able to download. i think it has its benifits and has its downsides. Because if a child goes missing it could help their parents find them. And its downside is that could be a major plus to help stalkers as well.

May 11, 2011 at 10:50 am |
  48. ALYSSA

I THINK IT A GOOD BUT THEN BAD AND WHY GOOD SO IF CAUSE IF SOME ONE IN DANGER THEY CALL TELL THERE PHONE AND IF THERE KIDS ARE MISSING THEY CAN TRY TO FIND THEM AND IF THEY IT BAD SOME ONE CAN TAKE THERE PHONE AND THEY CAN NO WHERE ALL THERE FRIENDS DOWN

May 11, 2011 at 10:52 am |
  49. Micaela

It is kind of wrong that they are tracking us. Though as they said in the video you can turn off the tracking devices.

May 11, 2011 at 10:56 am |
  50. Nick

I think having mobile tracking would be helpful to your parents. If you got lost your parents would be able to find you.

May 11, 2011 at 11:09 am |
  51. Chiasheng

Although I need my own privacy, being tracked by mobile devices doesn't bother me at all, because the companies only know where you are but don't actually know who you are. And as far as I'm concerned, there is no privacy invasion if they can only trace the locations of their customers. Hence, I don't worry about that.

May 11, 2011 at 11:11 am |
  52. eli

yes because somebody from the company can find out where you stay and do harm to you

May 11, 2011 at 11:25 am |
  53. Alyssa

To me it doesn't really matter about the tracking. As long as my name cant be found, I don't have any problems with it. If it would ever have my name maybe I would have a problem with it but I as of now,don't. I think it is a good tool in a way, because if you get lost someone can track you and help you find a way home or something.

May 11, 2011 at 11:26 am |
  54. Justin

Mobile tracking is a bad thing because people have the right to do as they please. Everybody has to have their personal space. Some people need their privacy and when mobile tracking is used, privacy is no longer being private.

May 11, 2011 at 11:30 am |
  55. Jazmine

I believe that tracking location is a good and bad thing. I believe it is a good thing because if you were to get kidnapped, they can easily find you. I believe that it is a bad thing because people today have bad minds and do bad things. Someone could easily hack this and find your location. All in all there are pros and cons, but in my opinion i think its a good thing.

May 11, 2011 at 11:35 am |
  56. PJ ASK Randolph/Decker's Class

Our class thinks that tracking devices in cell phone's should be regulated. Even though names are not given some of us feel that our locations should be private. Others in the class say that there is nothing to worry about beacuase as long as there are no names, your information is safe. Our class is divided about what Capitol Hill should do about cell phone tracking devices. We found both pro's and con's. Sincerely,
    The students in 5-Randolph/Decker at Port Jervis ASK

May 11, 2011 at 11:43 am |
  57. Destiny

If it doesnt show my name then Im not to worry about if they know where I am.

May 11, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
  58. monica

its more of a 5o 50 idea. i think its good because what if one day your planning a trip with some friends and a couple of weeks your reported missing. the GPS on our phones can help phone companies or any companies like the police department track where you last were and helps them get a idea of much ground to look. the other 50 is something you might worry about. not only do smartphones have GPS and other stuff but people can check there bank accounts on it as will or if you have a satellite dish like direct or dish they can see what types of stuff you like and try to sell more stuff to you on movies or shows you like when you buy or record those shows/movies.

May 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm |
  59. christopher

i don't really care what they do with tracking me because i don't do anything wrong

May 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm |
  60. Mrs.Valentine's class

We think that having tracking devices in cellular phones is a bad but yet good idea. A bad side would be someone breaking the privacy barrier, the good thing is that if there is a emergency they would be able to locate that person immediately. The possibilites are endless.

May 11, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
  61. andrea

i wouldn't care because what if your phone gets stolen and you had know way to track it down i think its a good idea people shouldn't be mad or upset about it

May 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm |
  62. Orlando

No because I don't want to buy a phone that knows where I'm standing at.

May 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
  63. LeeAnn & Jaclyn

Yes, mobile tracking bothers us since it is a huge violation of privacy. We think that the "opt out" option should be clearly stated and advertised so that everyone has a choice.

May 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
  64. Maxime

I have an IPhone 4, and i think it is astounding that some apps might want to track your every address. I think that it is not acceptable that they use apps to track you, people dont know about this, and should. They should also be warned about that if it is in an app they are about to buy.

May 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm |
  65. Nadav

It wouldn't bother me if local areas knew where I was but I think that for some people it can get a bit suspicious because they might be going somewhere they don't want anyone else to know. An opt out option sounds good.

May 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  66. Adriana

I would not like if I have my cell phone in front of me and I didn't even know other people see where I am, and that would make me feel worried.I would feel like if my privacy of where I live or where I am can be, some where that person would want to follow or that person can be a stranger.

May 11, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
  67. shacty

I would be worried because the ones that are looking might come and find you.

May 11, 2011 at 2:22 pm |
  68. rubicel

I say that people should stay off peoples privacy and worry about there own stuff and you don't know if anybody is going through your privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm |
  69. Noah

i think it will be a good idea who is in jail or has a criminal should be tracked. But for the other people who doesn't do that shouldn't be tracked

May 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm |
  70. emily

yes i would be worried because its some one who dose not know me and can do something to heart me or just do something bad and people know its not right to do that. they can track your phone number and you.

May 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  71. anahi

I think that they make them think bad because its kind of scary that i would be worried about this .

May 11, 2011 at 2:25 pm |
  72. Alliya

I personally think that mobile phones should not be able to track you. Your phones and where you are is your own personal information. It would be like giving out you social security number.

May 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm |
  73. candelaria

Yes because it could be scary if someone try to do something to you and you don't even know that person.

May 11, 2011 at 2:29 pm |
  74. coral

I think it is a bad idea because people might feel bad and unsafe. Then they will not buy phones any more because people are listing to them wile they are talking on the phone.

May 11, 2011 at 2:30 pm |
  75. Jacey

I don't like the idea. If one person hacks the network, they can track anyone.

May 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  76. Thayne

I do not think that it is entirely right to be tracking people by their cell phones. it is good in the cases of catching criminals, but otherwise it is an invasion of privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  77. Brandon

I think you should be able to turn off your tracker because this could probably lead to a lot of stalking.

May 11, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
  78. Amy

It is a total invasion to our privacy. It will be very insecure to the to the men who like to track other women.

May 11, 2011 at 2:37 pm |
  79. Michael

You know I don't really care if "tecnolegy" is so what following me I mean I use the maps on my dads phone and on my I pod and nobody cares about me in person so who cares.

May 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm |
  80. Madi

It's not very pleasing to know that any time I'm on my cell phone I could be being tracked. I think that people should have privacy. If I wanted people knowing where I was I would share it with people, but when people can track you without knowing, well, that's just creepy.

May 11, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
  81. george

I think it is ok for cops but for criminals i think it is not good.

May 11, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  82. Kenya

I don't think its a good idea because I'm afraid some stranger will track me and come look for me.

May 11, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
  83. Claire

I have an IPhone. I got a lecture before I got it to never let them use your current location. You can choose to or not to. If you're concerned about your security, then don't let the app use your current location.

May 11, 2011 at 2:51 pm |
  84. Olga

I think that it is a bad thing because people don't know that you are there and you think that the person that you are call is the person that is not listen to you.

May 11, 2011 at 2:54 pm |
  85. chris

they should not track us at all because it will probly invade privacey because someone can hack into your phone and read your messsages and track where ever you are and where you go but if you get lost it could help you out if you ever get lost

May 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  86. dawson

i think that is a big problem because thay can find your location and information. I think these companys need to comply with the laws concerning privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 2:56 pm |
  87. Samantha

Even if its not your name your place is being sent out and thats even worse then the person seeing your name.

May 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm |
  88. Ms. Perea

Students need to be protected from predators who can track their movements. I think privacy is important.

May 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
  89. Justin

I think its messed up, because im sure some one could hack the phone and identify the person's adress.

May 11, 2011 at 3:05 pm |
  90. Ethan

I think it is bad but it could also track down criminals so I am neutral on this idea.

May 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
  91. Ryan

Yes because when you let the app track your location, it came sometimes track phone calls and make mobile devices slow.

May 11, 2011 at 3:08 pm |
  92. Abby

It's an invasion of someones privacy! Even if they don't know exactly who you are it is still pretty rude. Cell phone companies should stop this, it's just stupid. I don't own a phone, but if I did I would NOT want to be tracked.

May 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
  93. Amanda

The app can only track you location not your other settings that you have.

May 11, 2011 at 3:10 pm |
  94. Ryan

It does bother me because when you let the app get your location, it sometimes track you phone calls and make mobile devices slow...

May 11, 2011 at 3:11 pm |
  95. Carleigh

I think that it's paposterous that apps can track us. Microsoft should of already have that taking care of before hand.

May 11, 2011 at 3:20 pm |
  96. samuel

this is very suprising .I download apps all the time and i use skype to talk to my mommieso i use this all th time .

May 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm |
  97. Abby

That does bother me. What if a preyer found out that information?

May 11, 2011 at 3:30 pm |
  98. timothy

i think all that it is is an invasion of privacy!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 11, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
  99. Steph

I wouldn't like somebody tracking me...it's practically being a stalker 'cause they would know everywhere you went! Even though people have the option to switch off the tracker, you never know if they're lying and still tracking you.

May 11, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
  100. Keva

It's cool to track down people from a phone because if you are in an accident and you call they will already know where you are.

May 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  101. Reggie

This is not such a big deal. What is the use of location if there is no other information? Also, it can only help for example, if you lose your phone you can easily get it back aby requesting the location.

May 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm |
  102. kaos

i think it's not so bad because if you have the option to turn it off then their should not be a promblem

May 11, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
  103. Leigh Ann

I think it is a bad idea because people might try to track you down and murder or try to kidnap you... they could hack it!

May 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm |
  104. Tyrese

I think its a bad thing because if they have GPS on them, a lot of GPS companies will lose money.

May 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  105. Michael

Its not really going to make a difference as far as danger because not just anybody will get the phones information about your location....

May 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  106. Maggie

I think that tracking is an invasion of privacy.... Someone could get their hands on an IPhone and instantly know where they live. This could be very dangerous for the owner of the phone. But it could also be helpful because if a person was lost, a person could find out where they live and take them home.

May 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm |
  107. Sadie

I think that people with mobile devices need to turn off the tracking thing because the the company does not need to know where their customers are. Also everyone enjoys the apps on their phone but of people can see where you are at, you should not be using them or playing them.

May 11, 2011 at 3:41 pm |
  108. LaUrEn

I think that the phone company's shouldn't track where you go because it's invading people's privacy. Another reason is because if someone hacks into the phone company's sever they can find were people live. Even if you can turn it off it shouldn't be put on the phone in the first place.

May 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
  109. Kylie

I think that it's just pointless. Why would companies need to track us? I don't own a phone with fancy apps but I still think that this is wrong. Even though your name isn't tracked and there are options against being tracked, it is useless and shouldn't be done.

May 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  110. Mirandah

No, I think this is a great idea. What if something happened to you and no one could find
    you but then they look on the gps you have on your phone and it may be able to help.

May 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  111. alexism

No, i think its a good idea cause if the parents or if you need help they can try and find you

May 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  112. alexiss

No, i think its a good idea cause if your parents want to know where you are they can track you. if your in trouble they can try and find you.

May 11, 2011 at 3:52 pm |
  113. craig

i dosent bother me because if an emergency happenes your parents can get ahold of you faster and know exacly where you are

May 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  114. alex

it,s none of there bisnes wher we are

May 11, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
  115. Kaeli

Our (teenagers mostly) privacy is at risk and that makes me more than a little uneasy. The option to "opt out" is something that many people don't know about and the corporations should make it known by everyone that it doesn't have to be that way even if they don't own a smart phone.

May 11, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  116. alex

its ok if they can track your city but its bad if they now your addres is

May 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  117. austin

i think that traking phones is a invasion of our constitutional rights

May 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm |
  118. Matt

To me it's not a big deal but I have nothing too private. For some people though they may have certain things to be kept private that those technologies are infiltrating. Furthermore it is breaking our rights of speech and press for what we want to share and what not to share

May 11, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  119. Spencer

It definetely is an invasion of privacy on those that feel they shouldnt be tracked. The companies that have this tracking device on their apps should take them off before someone actually gets a valid reason to sue them for it.

May 11, 2011 at 4:16 pm |
  120. Ethan

I thank that companies should not track people unless they need help if they are lost like when they go camping.

May 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm |
  121. Nick

I have an Ipod touch 2nd gen. and now that I know that some apps track you, I actually feel alarmed! It's our apple technology, no showing what YOU do in these fun apps!

May 11, 2011 at 4:24 pm |
  122. Lena

I think that it isnt right to have any companies know were a person is without THE PERSON knowing that they do. I dont understand why they think that it is ok to know where we are at any givin moment!

May 11, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  123. Tatiana

I think mobile tracking is good and bad. Good because if you lose your phone, or get kidnapped, you can find your phone and your parents will be able to find you. Mobile tracking is also bad because criminals will hack the tracking accounts and find out where you are.

May 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  124. Hannah

It would be helpful for missing kids but then again it could be bad.

May 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm |
  125. caleb

I think this is wrong. This technology could get into the wrong hands and someone could become a stalker.They shouldn't allow this to continue.

May 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  126. Ruchi

I don't think that mobile tracking is a good idea because anybody can see where you are.

May 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm |
  127. cassie

i think it's a good idea and a bad idea. It's a good idea cause the safety and your parents can find you. It's a bad idea cause bad people can find you.

May 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm |
  128. Dominic

Think it is horrible because criminals could track you down to where ever you go to a store they would know.

May 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  129. steven

I think that it is invasion of privacy, and bad people like kid nappers, robbers, and murders could track you.

May 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm |
  130. Faith

It wouldn't really bother me if people could track me down from my phone because they can not see my name. It would be a whole different story if they could see my name,

May 11, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
  131. Bryan

I think it is a horrible idea to have tracking on peoples phones because bad guys like robbers could know if there next victim is home or not

May 11, 2011 at 5:03 pm |
  132. Grace

I don't like the idea of people knowing my location, when I'm on a mobile device, but I don't fret about it I just turn it off. I encourage others to do the same.

May 11, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
  133. Morgan

Absolutely not! it is a huge invasion of privacy, and it is wrong! It might be smart for buisness, but still, it is wrong!

May 11, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  134. Haley

I have an iPod that asks for my location all the time. There is an option to deny it but I still think that they shouldn't ask for your location. We all deserve privacy and location is in that category.Our location is our buisness and ours only.

May 11, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  135. Claudia

The GPS issue is being blown out of proportion. If you have nothing to hide, why does it matter if they track you? In addition, if you were ever caught in an accident, the GPS could very well provide help to anyone in search of you.

May 11, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  136. Cassssie

I think everyone should be able to have mobile tracking, I say this because of safety reasons and so important people can know where you are at all times in case of an emergency .

May 11, 2011 at 5:13 pm |
  137. Zane

I think that it almost feels weird knowing that Apple can know your exact location. I think it is dumb to even put that on you iPhone of Smartphone. I think it invades people's personal privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
  138. Emily

I think that it is crazy that the phones are tracking people. i would make sure i had something to say if they were tracking me.

May 11, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
  139. Michael

I think that they should not because if they did. People who break in the store can get the address's of the peson. And they could robbed.

May 11, 2011 at 5:16 pm |
  140. Elizabeth

Yes , it does bother me becuase i wouLdn't want any one to know where im going or were im at thats my buisness not anyone eLses .

May 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  141. Zarai

Well I think this is not a good idea because people don't want know were you at, I think this is bad for the company...... but maybe it helps the police to keep track of the bad people !

May 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm |
  142. Hunter

I really don't care too much for this but it can be good. Their is not anything they can to harm you. It's good because it could keep track of hackers. I enjoy privacy and as long as I'm not getting arrested for something i never did.

May 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  143. Joey

Technology isn't developed enough for either/or. I don't believe that there are any options currently. We just have to deal with it.

May 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  144. addison

I think unsafe. But you have to use it if its the only one you have.

May 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  145. zisaka

no i dnot think its a good idea becuase the goverment could get in the syestem and hake you.

May 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  146. Chance

I think we should be able to have pirvacy on ourb phones so i dont think that this is not a good idea. plzz show mine

May 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm |
  147. Katie

I don't want my information given to the companies.

May 11, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
  148. Jana

I am disturbed that companies can track down where I am. If my whereabouts happen to get in the wrong hands, something dangerous could happen to me.

May 11, 2011 at 5:34 pm |
  149. John

That is not cool. Invasion of privacy breaks the fourth amendment to the Constitution. That amendment is being broken more and more these days.

May 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
  150. Allan

I really don't see why they do that. Sure, you can turn it off, but it's still there, and eventually, it's going to pop up again sometime. It's really an invasion of privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  151. katie

its unnecessary i mean what is really the point of it. what has the world come too this proves how many creepers there are

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  152. Fred

It is definitely something we need to worry about! I don't want people to know where I am because they could follow me home, find out when no one's home at my house because of the tracking devices, and break in!

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  153. Chase

There could be an option you could turn on but it should not be automatically on because it would not be to hard for a hacker with malicious intentions to get ahold of where you are and where you go. I wouldn't want somone like my sister to be at risk of that.

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  154. Anna

Yes, I would like to have some privacy in my stuff what I text, call, surf the web, etc. Everyone should have there own privacy, it's no one's else business to search through some ones phone.
    We should do something about this.

May 11, 2011 at 5:46 pm |
  155. Kira

I dont really think it matters. I mean what would the trackers do. "Oh someone with a smart phone is now in Target" This is not a big deal to me. There are hundreds of people with smart phones and probally more then one in Target.

May 11, 2011 at 5:47 pm |
  156. Emily

Having mobile phones tracking you is wrong. As technology gets more and more advanced everyday, doesn't mean we need our own privacy invaded with the use of technology.

May 11, 2011 at 5:52 pm |
  157. Steven

I don't have a cell phone, but it would bother me if I was being tracked randomly through the location of my cell phone all day. I hate being followed around all day at school by certain people, but being followed after school is something I wouldn't be able to take after a long school day.I think the adults should just let us do our own thing. All this would do is lead us into a false sense of safety.

May 11, 2011 at 6:03 pm |
  158. zack

As long as your name is not revuiled no body is rilly getting hurt so it seams fine to me.

May 11, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  159. laylah

really don't think that is safe, people should be able to get on their mobile devices without being in risk of danger.

May 11, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
  160. El

Having a device that tracks you can be good in the way that, if you ever get in trouble by the police, they can track you, or if you are lost, you can be found.

May 11, 2011 at 6:06 pm |
  161. Brianna

i honestly think its RIDICULOUS there may be benefits and disagreements but knowing where we are every time we use our phones is kinda stalker-ish don't you think?

May 11, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
  162. Cody

I think that they shouldn't have tracking divces on phones because people should have there privicey and tracking people shouldn't have to be worried about people hacking in the computers and stocking people.

May 11, 2011 at 6:08 pm |
  163. Tommy

I think that having a mobile device that tracks you is a good idea because if you are lost with a mobile device such as an iPod or phone, you can be tracked and found.

May 11, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
  164. james

thats not cool for people to be knowing where i am every day and to share it with others thats pretty scary

May 11, 2011 at 6:13 pm |
  165. Dan

I think it has some pros to collect the information of our location. It could be helpful to protect some kind of criminals such as missing or kidnapping. However it's a pity that the information of where I am is under control by certain companies for example Apple, Samsung, etc. I don't want to let them know where I am every moment. I don't understand why they need to keep taps on their customers' location.
    (From. Dan in Korea Rep.)

May 11, 2011 at 6:26 pm |
  166. Khi

Its not right for them to do that to people phones because the can track you down and do something to you.

May 11, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
  167. Kim

My class use iPods I don`t think it`s fair to track you

May 11, 2011 at 6:37 pm |
  168. Hannah

I think that if you are lost and someone is trying to find you, the tracker would save a lot of time. But if you still don't want to be tracked, just disable it. That's an option! It doesn't make sense to make a big deal about something you can disable. The people protesting disagree with the tracking, I get that. But people, please realize that it's not something to protest about.

May 11, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
  169. Hailey

I don't think it's that big of a deal that you're being tracked, why should you care if you're name isn't being shown. If they knew who you are it would be a weird, but it isn't something to worry about if you have the option of turining it off. It's a small price to pay for using the device.

May 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm |
  170. coe

There not doing anything wrong. They'er just trying to help run your phones apps. Besides you can always turn it off.

May 11, 2011 at 6:53 pm |
  171. joey

i think the companys should not be able to track us because then it becomes a really big privcy issue

May 11, 2011 at 6:55 pm |
  172. Ashlyn

Sometimes it could be a good thing but it in the hands of someone you don't know is something most people do and can worry about

May 11, 2011 at 6:56 pm |
  173. Vanessa

This is something that definitely bothers me a lot when I use various map applications on my smartphone. Although companies say users can "opt out," it is just not as simple as it sounds. There is always a danger of giving a consent without my knowledge, and I also had a number of experiences where it was pretty hard to find that "No, I don't agree." checkbox.

May 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm |
  174. Taylor

I think whateve you do on your moble device is your buisness not anyone elses.Plus people could track you down in other ways though it may be a good idea.

May 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm |
  175. shakira

Honestly, I think that is a little creepy. Why would a company need to know someones location anyway? It's a violation of privacy and that information should be kept personal. It's a huge deal and they need to change that ASAP. Regardless if we have the option to "opt out" or not. It shouldn't be an option.

May 11, 2011 at 7:07 pm |
  176. Nathan

It is not fair to many people to track. it is an invantion of privacy. this is a serious concern of danger and should not be aloud. 😛

May 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
  177. Miku

Its fine with me because thats how the system or the sever they are on would be able to know where the nearest gas station is, and there isn't really another way to know that unless you type in where you are. But I want to just be able to press the app and know where the gas station is.

May 11, 2011 at 7:13 pm |
  178. Carlee

I think that its nothing to worry about because if they dont have your name so the mobile tracking means nothing. They have no way to find out who you are so if you have someone trying to find you then they would have to track milions of phones.

May 11, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
  179. Kendra

It's your business and nobody else needs to know even if it is only a phone or iPod. It might be good though because if you were lost you could be found. You could also call though.

May 11, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
  180. Kendra

I wouldn't really care because they can't see your name. It might be bad though if they can see your name and where you live.

May 11, 2011 at 7:19 pm |
  181. Kayla

I think that that is an ivation of privisy and I should not be tracked on my mobble when I on it. they should not have this, if they do trake where i am on my mobile i would not alow it my family agreas.

May 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm |
  182. Taryn

I honestly think this is wrong because people have a right to privacy. This is just as bad as a mother reading her daughters diary or personal e-mails.It's bad enough that most common phones already have GPs's in them. The whole tracking location and storing the location subject should be out of the question.I say to cancel the whole project or whatever it is and say no to it.

May 11, 2011 at 7:20 pm |
  183. Michael

I think that tracking on a mobile device can be important for certain situations such as car accidents or other emergencies, as long as I have a way of opting out. However, in no case should smartphone companies be able sell the information to third parties.

May 11, 2011 at 7:24 pm |
  184. Kassidy

Having a mobile device is a great advantage. However, we cross the line at tracking down where people are. This is wrong; it's crossing the boundaries of privacy and safety.

May 11, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
  185. Sammi

I think it's a bad thing to track down people because what happened to privacy? Everyone needs their privacy every chance they got. It's also a good thing because if you do get lost then the police department or your parents can track you down and find you. So I'm in between of the whole thing.

May 11, 2011 at 7:37 pm |
  186. Parker

It wouldn't bother me because it can help you find how fair something is from you

May 11, 2011 at 7:41 pm |
  187. Elissa

Mobile devices shouldn't be able to track you because the wrong person could know your whereabouts and have the potential to hurt you. Sure it could be handy in an emergency situation, but overall, it's not too comforting to know someone dangerous could be spying on me. Where I go should only be my business.

May 11, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
  188. Quynh-Nhu

Well I have asked my fellow students on there opinion and out 20 students 40% say that it was OK and that their parents should know where they're at, at all times. 60% say that it is not OK and it is a invasion of ther privacy. I think that it can be needed for certain things but i don't like it but it is OK.

May 11, 2011 at 7:49 pm |
  189. Reghan

I think that tracking your location is a good idea when it comes to checking the weather in your area or using navigation systems. I have a smart phone and I have an app that can tell me where my phone is when I go to the website which is very helpful. I have a setting where I can easily turn it on and off so in my opinion, it's nothing to worry about!

May 11, 2011 at 7:51 pm |
  190. chris

I love apple and iv'e a work with iphones for a long time and most of the the time it says would you like to share your current location and if you say yes it will say were you are.

May 11, 2011 at 7:55 pm |
  191. Kara

I think i could be a good thing in some ways but i still wouldnt want people knowing where i am. I think its weird. It can be good if you are lost or your phone is stolen but people knowing where i am..... is just plain weird

May 11, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  192. jeffrey

i guess we should have it because if someone gets lost they will be able to find them

May 11, 2011 at 8:04 pm |
  193. sama

I think there should be tracking because what if the police try to find a kidnapped person? If the person has there cellphone then it is easy to track them. If not well it is sorta a waste of time.

May 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm |
  194. Con

For a company to be able to track our position it is unethical and completely unnecessary. For some of the reasons that they might use them for, reasons such as: Advertising in ways such as telemarketers, junk mail, and other things. The thought angers me greatly.

May 11, 2011 at 8:16 pm |
  195. Zach

It could be okay if criminals are texting a planned robbery to one another, but with other people, I think it's an invasion of privacy.

May 11, 2011 at 8:19 pm |
  196. Mikkayla

I think that there is nothing wrong with them being able to track your phone because your name is not included so they wouldn't be able to access any of your information. Its not as if every time they get your location that someone is going to follow you. Plus, you can opt out so what is the big deal? If you don't want your phone to be tracked simply opt out , problem solved. Technology is advancing and I think that some things just aren't worth the fight.

May 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm |
  197. Gregory

I think that tracking with smart phones is great for the companies, but if they start to sell the information then it is an invasion of privacy because these companies that they sell the information to can see who is where and doing what. Now I am starting to think that if they can do this then why can't they activate your phones speaker and listen into your conversations... Food for thought!

May 11, 2011 at 8:31 pm |
  198. Gregory

Thsi smart phone tracking i think is an invasion of privacy because it makes me feel like i am being followed and it would definately make me feel unsafe if someone got ahold of this information and used it for other maybe illegal purposes.

May 11, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
  199. Nathalie

Companies should not track down users because a lot of people like to have conversations that are private with there closes friends that might not be able to come over for a sleep over or something. So companies should not even have tracking devices in mobile phones.

May 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
  200. Gregory

This can also be a good thing because if you lost your phone then you could probably ask the people controling the tracking to find your phone.

May 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
  201. Jacob

I think it is a bad thing if people can track me. It is a little scary to be on your phone and people know where you are ALL THE TIME. They can track me or hack my phone or something.

May 11, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
  202. Daniel

Cellular phones have been traceable since they first came out. In my opinion, letting third parties know your location is not a bad thing. It is illegal to use that information to learn more about the user, so it would merely be used to offer the user more location-oriented features. Anyways, allowing your phone to be tracked is totally optional and should be used with caution.

May 11, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  203. Kayla

I think that it is not good because everybody needs their own privacy on your phone........

May 11, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  204. Raquel

I think that knowing where the person using the app is ,is a violation of privacy but as long as your following the law you really have nothing to worry about.

May 11, 2011 at 9:02 pm |
  205. Gina

I think that they shouldn't have tracking devices on phones because people should have there privacy, and sometimes people don't want other people to know where they are going like when they are at a party where no everyone is invited but then the person find out the party and will feel sad. but i think it's good for FBI or other government things. anyway i think it's CRAZY..................

May 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  206. Kelli

I think it is fair that some apps ask for your location because if this bothers you, you have the option of turning the location services off.

May 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm |
  207. Raquel

I think that knowing where the person using the phone is a violation of privacy but as long as your following the law there isn't anything to worry about .

May 11, 2011 at 9:05 pm |
  208. kenny

i think this is not right they should not be tracking are technology. it is invading your personal stuff.

May 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm |
  209. jordan

i do not what may imformtion shared

May 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm |
  210. Emily

When I go on my I-touch, some apps that I use ask for my current location so I just press the "No Thanks" button so they don't know where I live.

May 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm |
  211. jordan

i do not want my imformtion shared

May 11, 2011 at 9:13 pm |
  212. Kaity

I am convinced that tracking is okay only in cases of emergency, like if someone went missing or ran away. But, I do not believe it is right to just have access to anyone's location unless you are an authoritative figure (like a parent or police officer) because this tracking could benefit kidnappers/murderers.

May 11, 2011 at 9:14 pm |
  213. isabel

i think that they should not have tracking divices because it is an invasion of privacy! The idea of it just sounds scary!!!

May 11, 2011 at 9:17 pm |
  214. Savannah

I want to know that I will be left alone when I use my phone. Who would want to be tracked while using their phone? That is just not safe and really uncalled for, especially because someone (that could be dangerous) might find out where you are. That is just a flat out horrible idea.

May 11, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
  215. Brooklynn

I think it is a horrible Idea because i think we should get to have our privacy without people listening to our conversation. So I think they should stop making tracking devices in peoples phone because its none of the business what we talk about.

May 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm |
  216. Michael

Tracking is Tracking and it is wrong on so many levels. We all seen what happend to the Playstation Network what if that was to happen to the companys we let track our location?

May 11, 2011 at 9:26 pm |
  217. Sammy

I don't care if my phone has a tracking device in it, but for the people that do, they can turn it off. They shouldn't sue a company when they themselves pressed the button to turn on the phone's tracking device. I always turn it on, because are the executives of of these companies really going to track me down, having no idea who I am?

May 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm |
  218. Armando

I don't think that it is all that bad. In some cases it actually helps the companies find new places to help with connection. The companies knowing our location isn't that personal so it couldn't effect us but everything has its limits and there is a point where they have to stop but we are in control and that's how it has to be.

May 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm |
  219. Sammy

The first thing that comes up on every phone is the question; Do you want this mobile device to moniter your location? And every one of you people have said yes, and now your mad at these companies because they gave you an option. do you not want the option?

May 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm |
  220. Sarah

I think having a mobile dive that tracks is not a bad idea. Yeah privacy is a huge concern but you won't have to worry about since it is just your location...not who you are.

May 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm |
  221. McKenzie

I have an iPod Touch like thousands of other people. With half of my game apps, they ask for MY permission to set my location. Each time I CHOOSE not to. If people are complaining, they are not focussing on little alerts popping onto their iPods/iPhones/iPads. On iPods, like mine, all you have to do is go to Settings then General and you can kill tracking.
    It's their own fault if their location is in their device, they basically choose that it's okay.
    Location is just a setting people! Get. Over. It.

May 11, 2011 at 9:40 pm |
  222. alex

i think it woud be good if you wear kidnaped they could find you

May 11, 2011 at 9:54 pm |
  223. Chulina

Tracking where your going is a possible way for companies to know what people now-a-days are doing and interested in, but there should be an off button because people will feel that their personal life is being monitored.

May 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm |
  224. Kayla

I don't think people should make such a big deal about it. If they don't want their location tracked, then they can just turn it off. It's making an unnecessary hassle for Google and Apple.

May 11, 2011 at 9:57 pm |
  225. Cybella

Having GPS devices in your phone or i-pod is benificial. If you get kidnapped or in a car accident it allows people to find where you are. It is not a voilation of the 4th or any other because it is a matter of public safety.

May 11, 2011 at 10:21 pm |
  226. Joselyn

Having Trackers on Mobile devices is an invasion of privacy to an extent. However if your name is not involved it doesn't cause much concern. It also depends who is tracking you, and how this information is used. If it is strictly business and doesn't invade ones privacy it is perfectly fine.

May 11, 2011 at 10:23 pm |
  227. Cybella

if you dont lie the idea of people and compineys knowing where you are then dont get a phone or i-pod.humans survived for hundereds of years without.
    you can make it through a few.

May 11, 2011 at 10:24 pm |
  228. Alex

I think their should only be tracking on i phones and ipods for people that are using Google Maps so it could navigate them to a right direction also i think people who do not want to get located by tracking should click the deny button.

May 11, 2011 at 10:27 pm |
  229. Lisette

Your location being tracked down is bad because it invades people's privacy which is slowly day by day being taken away from us. People should limit these objects.

May 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm |
  230. stephan

i think it a very good idea that mobile device track you because if you get lost somewhere at least they will be able to find you

May 11, 2011 at 10:41 pm |
  231. Jimmy

I think it's a complete invasion of personal privacy, in my opinion its like someone is watching what you do, what games you play, where you go, etc. etc. i think they should have the owner of the phone to have a choice weither or not to be "Tracked" or "Stalked".

May 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm |
  232. zack

I think it is a good if its only assessable by the phone provider and if your a kid your legal guardians.

May 11, 2011 at 10:56 pm |
  233. India

I am not really bothered by mobile tracking if my name is not attached. Yes I realize stalkers can get ahold of your info, but it is not like companies are giving it it to anybody. The people who work at companies are usually trustworthy(knock on wood). You can't go around worrying about every little problem or complication that comes your way. You just have to accept the fact that with advancements in technology there are things that are created that you like, and things you don't. In many apps your location is helpful, like for finding restaurants near you. Although I am not worried that much I choose to not allow my technology to know my location. I believe it is up to the consumer to decide whether or not they want to be tracked(although if you were in a dangerous situation, you potentially be tracked down).

May 11, 2011 at 11:01 pm |
  234. Pete

You have to think outside of the box sometimes. We as Americans are quick to jump to a [negative] conclusion before we learn the full story. What good things come out of being tracked on your phone? If you're lost, need directions, emergency strikes, etc. etc. I think it's all just part of being an American.

May 11, 2011 at 11:03 pm |
  235. Kat

I have a smart phone myself and i find this really creepy. To me they should not be able to know where you are because this coud also be called stalking if people abuse this.I would not like for people to know where I am just by uploading a picture on the internet.

May 11, 2011 at 11:12 pm |
  236. Elise

It is and it isn't. I don't want every one of my moves tracked, but I'd be ok with it as long as it has a beneficial point. I'm just happy that my name won't be exposed to anyone who controls this program.

May 12, 2011 at 12:12 am |
  237. Siang

I think this is indeed a good and bad situation, since now that means terrorist or assassins can locate you or even kidnappers. If so it would defenitedly be a bad situation. Still, like what Tommy said it may track you down if lost or even kidnapped. So really this is a win-win type of situation for it since people do carry an eletronic device alot based on experience I've had.

May 12, 2011 at 12:40 am |
  238. William

I think that the smartphone companies should make a button to turn off that mobile listening because all the times you have like talks with like where you are going and then when they finde out they will stalk you and try to rob you. If smartphone companies will not stop that then you can just sue them.

May 12, 2011 at 12:49 am |
  239. Aditya

Having your mobile device tracking where you are has more benefits than cons. For example, if you were to get lost, your relatives or parents could know exactly where you are. If you dont want the phone to track where you are, then just turn it off.

May 12, 2011 at 12:55 am |
  240. Kiran

I think it wuold be scary because if someone hacks in then they could hurt any one by tracking them.

May 12, 2011 at 1:34 am |
  241. Lee

it is ridiculous! no one would want being spied.

May 12, 2011 at 5:35 am |
  242. leah

It is very angry, who would want their privacy to be shown!

May 12, 2011 at 5:37 am |
  243. Selena

I have an iPhone. If some companies can track me, that's invading my personal privacy & I don't want that to happen.

May 12, 2011 at 5:43 am |
  244. Lauren

I think that they shouldn't track where a person is going is invasion of privacy and if some people get information about a certain person then that can lead to real trouble because once they get your cell number or track number they can find out anything they want to know about that person.i also consider it stalking because they know exactly where you are and to me thats more than enough that one person should know.

May 12, 2011 at 7:42 am |
  245. Soobin

I think it has two faces, both good and bad.
    Good point is if we get lost we can find our family quickly. Bad point is bad person can find us then bad person can kidnap us.
    Therefore wise usage is important.

May 12, 2011 at 8:06 am |
  246. alex

it would be ok becous if you where kidnaped thay could find your location

May 12, 2011 at 8:22 am |
  247. Hope

My personal belief is that they shouldn't have mobile tracking. Most people like me wouldn't want to be worried about being tracked by people. I don't want to be worried everyday about being tracked on my cellular device.

May 12, 2011 at 8:41 am |
  248. Paige

i think that they shouldnt have mobile tracking. i dont think most pople including me would want people to be tracking me down.

May 12, 2011 at 8:42 am |
  249. Tanner

I think that if you have a tracking device it would lead to personal information that just anyone could look at.

May 12, 2011 at 8:43 am |
  250. Lacie

I think that people should not track people through our phones i think it should be against the law.... because people might get into other personal stuff and then the people that don't want people to know the person could possibly kill themselves!

May 12, 2011 at 8:44 am |
  251. Yadira

I think that having a tracking device in your mobile phone is a invasion of privacy, there is no need to have a device that would or could tell anyone where you are at, at all times. People have their own space and knowing where they are is not going to make many people out there happy.

May 12, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  252. Paige

I think that they shouldnt have mobile tracking.I dont think most people including me would want people to be tracking you down.

May 12, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  253. dj

i think it should be nothing to worry about aslong as they have your consent they should be able to track you

May 12, 2011 at 8:45 am |
  254. Dakota

it should be against the law to track people through their phone and i think people don't want everyone to know what's on their phone

May 12, 2011 at 8:47 am |
  255. Libby

Having The GPS/Tracking Location on is fine if you need to remember where you were. But for privacy, As apple said you can shut it off!

May 12, 2011 at 8:47 am |
  256. joey p

i think that it should be able to be enabled and disabled at any time by parents but it is your choice to let it track you or not but on the other hand it is kind of stalkish

May 12, 2011 at 8:54 am |
  257. Samuel

It isn't a problem. If we can turn it on and off, why should we worry? If you want to be tracked, do it. If you don't want to be tracked, turn it off. No big deal.

May 12, 2011 at 9:00 am |
  258. Jonathon

I don't think that it is fair that cell phones can see where you are going. You might be going some where private and don't want anybody to know where you are going.

May 12, 2011 at 9:05 am |
  259. Victor

I believe that it should be up to the owner of the device wether or not he/she wants to be tracked. The companies who sell these have an opt-out option, this should manditory for all companies.

May 12, 2011 at 9:16 am |
  260. money

i think that is not right because you can be spy and hurt

May 12, 2011 at 9:23 am |
  261. Jeff

I think that I won't be using a GPS unless I really need it. I don't want anyone tracking me down.

May 12, 2011 at 9:23 am |
  262. Emonie

I don't have a phone, but if i did it would bother me but then t wouldnt. i say that because i dont know who is capable of knowing where im at and i dont need any strangers to be watching me. Also i think that if any body uses a GPS on their phone shouldnt use it because it is unsafe. But when i did have a fone i was smart enough not to put my GPS tracking device on because there are psychos.

May 12, 2011 at 9:25 am |
  263. Jade

I Dont Think That The Phone Should Be Tracking You. I Think That's Crapy AnyWays! && Why Would They Have That On AnyBody Phone !

May 12, 2011 at 9:25 am |
  264. Samantha

i think that its not a good idea because its stalkerish and it could get in the wrong persons hands. and you should be able to have privacy.

May 12, 2011 at 9:25 am |
  265. steven

I think it is wrong to be able to track someone without their consent, and for people who say these kinds of laws can protect people, if we take away all your rights what are we fighting for? I believe it was Thomas Jefferson who said freedom is better than security. I agree. Even if this doesn't show your name what about when they start to do that too.

May 12, 2011 at 9:25 am |
  266. Harley

Tracking our Electronic smart devices like phones or computers heck
    the cia and fbi are tracking us by fasebook.
    I rebell against all and any tracking of people that is unknown and
    un considered of how people would and do feel.

May 12, 2011 at 9:30 am |
  267. Donna

in some ways it can be scary knowing that you can be tracked however letsw say ur in a court case that says u were in a place u shouldnt be the phone company can track you ans say yes you were there or no you werent

May 12, 2011 at 9:31 am |
  268. Jake

I think that they shouldn't have tracking devices, because I should be able to keep privacy to myself not to other people that I have never met. I don't wasnt people to know my location every time I walk into somewhere there invading everyones privacy all this Earth does is leave us in poverty.

May 12, 2011 at 9:59 am |
  269. Matt

You want to track me go a head. Its my risk right and its almost impossible to hack a phone with out having it.

May 12, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  270. Lauren

I think that having a mobile device that tracks you is a bad idea. The reason I think that is because it is kind of wierd having a phone that can track me down is creepy. I mean it is like you are being stalked!

May 12, 2011 at 10:13 am |
  271. Susie

No, It does not bother me. I have a I-Pod and i can just turn my location off. And anyways i doesn't show your name and personal information.

May 12, 2011 at 10:18 am |
  272. alec

Personally i think that it would bother me...imagine that people you have never met are watching where you go and know your exact location at all times. even if they didnt know your name you never know they might.

May 12, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  273. Laurie

I don't think we should be tracked on our phone. It is an invasion of privacy.

May 12, 2011 at 11:10 am |
  274. Caroline

I think there is nothing wrong with it

May 12, 2011 at 11:17 am |
  275. Naomi

that is very bad

May 12, 2011 at 11:17 am |
  276. Shyanne

I feel this is a good idea, but then again it is kinda scary that anyone could know where you are by your phone at all times.

May 12, 2011 at 11:17 am |
  277. rachel

i think it is not ok because someone can hack it and find your location.

May 12, 2011 at 11:18 am |
  278. Dylan

I think the phone tracking is a good idea. A criminal could try to call a get-a-way driver, are a drug seller could try to make a deal. With the tracking would help police find people like this.

May 12, 2011 at 11:20 am |
  279. Kamille

it is not ok because a stranger can find your location and you could be in danger.

May 12, 2011 at 11:20 am |
  280. darris

i think it is a good idea cause if u go missing people could find u

May 12, 2011 at 11:21 am |
  281. Tanner

As of right now, I don't see a problem with the technological ability to track your mobile device. In the future this could be a hindrance, but presently this could be an immense advantage if ever you find yourself lost, or worse kidnapped.

May 12, 2011 at 11:57 am |
  282. Heidi

I think this is a violation of our privacy and should not be tracked, but I feel that since it doesn't release personal information it is OK for the time being. I can understand it may be used for surveys or user's comments and over all opinion but it should NOT go any farther than where it already is. If they start to give out our personal information it would be a privacy breach and that would not end well.

May 12, 2011 at 11:59 am |
  283. Amber

I think it's not that big of a deal if the phones having tracking devices. If you don't like that about a phone get a different one. Or don't agree to certain terms of service that allow you to be tracked.

May 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm |
  284. Lauren

If my phone had a tracking device on it without me knowing i would be furious. Anyone could be watching your texting conversations and listening to you while you talk on the phone. Anyone could hack and then find out where you are for good and bad reasons. Police could find you if you're missing, but criminals could find you and make you become missing

May 12, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
  285. Hailey

I think having a mobile device that can track you is good because if you are lost then the police or your parents can track you down.

May 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm |
  286. Maya

I don't like the idea of people being able to track you on a mobile device such as an iPod or phone because you never know what creepy people are trying to track you. It isn't good for our health and safety.

May 12, 2011 at 12:27 pm |
  287. jaime

I think that having a ipod or a phone is a good idea because if your lost their track you down[:

May 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  288. cierra

i think we need are own space. its just like you are on the internet and you all of a sudden hear the door bell ring. you open the door, and these guys have a sack. then when you try to close the door the open it and you get kidnaped.

May 12, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  289. xavier

i think that i wired to find people on there cell phone because they are stocking you and that's not right. i just think that's wired just finding you and knowing where you live.

May 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
  290. Javier

I think that this is good because perhaps you get lost and you have your self phone with you the police can just tracked you down. so this is a good idea.

May 12, 2011 at 12:29 pm |
  291. Raymond

i like it but then i dont ilike it becuse say your phone get stolen they can track it but then i dont becuse there kind of evading your privacy

May 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
  292. damien

i think being tracked is like stocking somebody we need privacy

May 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
  293. Maddie

I dont think it is right to track people on their cell phones,it' s basically stocking people and you shouldn't stock people 'what did they ever do to you.People need their personal space...for them only

May 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
  294. Ryan

I don't care if my mobile devices can get tracked down from companies because it doesn't show my name.

May 12, 2011 at 12:30 pm |
  295. kayla

If i had a sell phone i would not like people to track me on it.If some one did it would be bad because some one could track you down that kid nap you and no one would know were you were.So if someone try's to track me down i will hide and stay safe.

May 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm |
  296. sarah

I dont think its fair to have privacy on your phone because why would you not want anyone to see it i men its not a big deal so why hide it.

May 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm |
  297. Elijah

I think that they should be able to track you because what if you get lost and have no surves.

May 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
  298. Nicole

I feel that the mobile tracking device shouldn't be able to be on your phone or any other things we have the rights to have privacy.

May 12, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
  299. Kameron

I think that being tracked on your cell phone is a good idea because if you lose it ,you can track it down with a relatives or parents phone so you can find it easily.

May 12, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
  300. Olivia

They should have a right to locate us on our cellphones .But what if you have to get out of town because its an emergency.Or its good because if you are lost they can locate you very fast only if you have your cellphone are not on you.

May 12, 2011 at 12:33 pm |
  301. mariyah

I feel that the mobil tracking should stop because we all need our privacy. Its not okay for me and my family its a safty hasard . I dont like that we are being tracked down.

May 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm |
  302. Juan

your mom and dad can track you dawn by your phone if you are lost.

May 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  303. Kassandra

I don't have a phone but, I would recommend this if you got lost and no one can find you.

May 12, 2011 at 12:37 pm |
  304. alexus

i think that the mobile device should not be on phones because they should not try to find you on your phone and could get to serious and people from other states could try to find you.

May 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  305. Krisynthia

I think we shouldnt bay a phone if people are tracking us down on it because what if they hunt you down and stock you.

May 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm |
  306. Erika

I think people should worry about it because everyone should have privacy in their lives. I also think that it is a good idea because if someone gets lost their parent can find them.

May 12, 2011 at 12:40 pm |
  307. NANA

If i had a phone and someone track me down i would be mad.If i heard a knock at a the door and looked out the door and saw that they had a weapon i would call the cops.

May 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm |
  308. jenah

Tracking mobile devices can be a good thing and a bad thing. Yea i can see how it could come in handy if you got lost and what not. i could also help police find a criminal or someone running from them. But with the people today who know how to hack those kind of things, it would make it easier for them to know more information about someone else. everyone want their privacy so if hackers are able to plug into that information them that privacy goes out the window. Instead of you having the choice to turn it off if you want, it should be off in the first place. then decide if you want to turn it on, because someone might not even know that it is on if the person selling the phone tells them that. When i got my phone they didn't tell my dad or i. I found out mine was on after i watched CNN Student News. I didn't like that.

May 12, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  309. Anonymous

I kinda like it because I can be the person who decides and maintains it but yet again someone can be clever and watch your every move so the can stalk you,it's kinda a win lose option.

May 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
  310. Samuzki

I like this idea. If you get kidnapped or something but you have a cell phone with you, you could be found.

May 12, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
  311. Catrina

I think that tracking you will using a mobile device is a bad idea. With all this computer hacking technology going around it may just be the worst idea phone companies have made. Plus with all this technological gizmos we might just be digging ourselves a deeper hole that technology is already in.

May 12, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  312. brock

i think having a mobile device that tracks is a good idea because if your lost you could get found and its not like some guy is tracking u right now.

May 12, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  313. satchel

i think having tracking devices is a no no. its an invasion of privacy. no matter what the circumstances, robber or not, it is still an invasion of privacy. and shouldn't be allowed

May 12, 2011 at 1:54 pm |
  314. Jen

I believe this is a good idea because if you get lost and have your mobile device with you, then you could be tracked and found. Also, the police could use it to find criminals.

May 12, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  315. Jill

I don't think it's really a problem, it's not like their looking through our personal items, GPS and location trackers are for our convenience.

May 12, 2011 at 2:48 pm |
  316. Marko

I have an iPhone that asks for my location all the time. There is an option to deny it but I still think that they shouldn't ask for your location. We all deserve our privacy .Our location is our buisness and ours only.

May 12, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
  317. Ivan

I think its bad because people should mind there own buisness.They dont need to know where your location is at.

May 12, 2011 at 3:07 pm |
  318. Liam

i think its just prepostorous why do they do that?

May 12, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  319. ethan

its cool that you can do that but the thing is other people that you dont want to find you can if they wanted.

May 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm |
  320. cortney

This is creepy. People feel like someone is tracked them.

May 12, 2011 at 4:05 pm |
  321. Kassidy

I don't think that we should be able to be tracked on our cell phone or other mobile device's it's wrong and that's an invasion of privacy so they should stop trying to track you.

May 12, 2011 at 4:26 pm |
  322. Abby

I think that mobile tracking is some what of a good thing because if someone gets lost there family could call there company if the person has a phone. People may find it offensive as an invasion of privacy but then again it's helpful. Mobile tracking really isn't that bad, if your name isn't included.

May 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  323. Becky

i say these devices are usefull because they could track you down if you do something /if you are wanted.

May 12, 2011 at 5:04 pm |
  324. Rishard

I don't think thats right because somone like a stranger that you've seen in walmartorsomewhere could call your company and see where your at then brake in your house if your not there.

May 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  325. DeJa

I think mobile tracking is a good and a bad thing.
    if something happens to you people will be able to find you but it is a bad thing because if your location falls into the wrong hands you could be kidnapped

May 12, 2011 at 5:35 pm |
  326. Kristen

In most phone applications, you can deny or allow permission to use your location. I think that as long as people know what they're doing by allowing it, phones should be able to use the location feature.

May 12, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
  327. Alicia

Of course it's nagging me, recorded and tracted every time I go out?
    Some smart phone users even don't know about that.
    Even though the company says that they will not do anything by using our information, it's quite unbeliverable.

May 12, 2011 at 6:19 pm |
  328. Karmella

Honestly, I would definately be freaking out if my phone was tracking me. In a worst-case scenario, someone could hack my electronical device, and essentially be able to track me. I mean, someone could basically KIDNAP me just because my apps were storing my location.

May 12, 2011 at 6:57 pm |
  329. Kortney

I think it's amazing how far technology has come and it's cool that you can actually track people, but I don't think random people should be watched. In my opinion, this should only be used under some circumstances.

May 12, 2011 at 7:03 pm |
  330. Taylor

i like the idea, because if there is a child that goes missing, but they have their phone with them, the police and parents can find the missing kid. or, if there is a parent that has a child that runs off for hours on end and the parent is worried, they can have the phone company track their kid and find out where they are...

May 12, 2011 at 7:06 pm |
  331. Cato

YES!!! it bothers me it makes me feel like i'm a criminal and I can't be trusted .

May 12, 2011 at 7:15 pm |
  332. Anonymous

I don't think it's right. It can be annoying for some people. I think every app in your phone should ask if it's OK to track your location, because everyone has different feelings.

May 12, 2011 at 7:32 pm |
  333. Klaus

Many people are uncomfortable with having information about them tracked, but on smartphones and computers, your location and certain things about you help them decide on the advertisements to show you that keep the app or website running, and most of the time, you can simply turn off the tracking feature.

May 12, 2011 at 7:36 pm |
  334. Skylar

People are entitled to their privacy, so i think that maybe they should let you choose if you want that app added to your devices. It could be very helpfull to a lot of people though.

May 12, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  335. jonathan

I think mobile tracking is good for the cops can catch the bad guys and they know where they are.

May 13, 2011 at 2:58 pm |
  336. Clarissa

the only thing that is wrong with that is many people are not wanted to be tracked and its not right that people should be able to track down your phone because what if someone gave you a phone and it had been stolen from someone else.

May 13, 2011 at 3:01 pm |
  337. Kayla

I think that mobile tracking is a good thing. It will help people find you if you are lost.

May 13, 2011 at 3:34 pm |
  338. jasmine

i think that companies shouldn't be able to track every ones location because what if someone is a stalker and that would be a danger to your family

May 13, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  339. Allan

I don't get why they do that. If they want more costumers, and their current ones to be comfortable, they better stop right now. Yes, it may be a convenience sometimes, but like I said before, it's an inconvenient privacy bombardment (metaphorically speaking).

May 13, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  340. Aaliyah

It honestly doesnt matter because its not like they are stealing your ssn or anything if people dont like this they should meet the real world

May 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm |
  341. Ian

I think that the tracking of your location should be able to be controlled more easily and that you should be able to pick and choose where and who your location is shared with.

May 13, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  342. alexus

i think that our parents need to know where we are so they can make sure that you are safe. It is also like they are stalking us and we also need our privacy. we need protection and privacy.

May 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm |
  343. Megan

ok heres what i think.......... i think its pretty cool. but is a MAJOR invasion of privacy! think about it, someone knowing were u are all the time! CREEEPY!!!!! if it was me i would shut it off asap!

May 13, 2011 at 8:41 pm |
  344. Tanner

I think that the company should not track people by there location i think its a invasion of privacy.

May 13, 2011 at 9:44 pm |
  345. cass

i feel TRACKED and i think that it should be a law that all phones should have a limit.Because other people can use that info to find out were you live\your other personal info as well.

May 13, 2011 at 11:09 pm |
  346. david

im not sure what i think. it could help me if i got lost. but yet it is an invasion of my privacy.

May 13, 2011 at 11:55 pm |
  347. Sheamus

Yea it kinda bothers me that they can track your location cause there are alot of crazy people in this world. i wouldnt want any people to track me down like that because some people are as crazy as you cant even imagine

May 14, 2011 at 12:25 am |
  348. Zach

I think that if someone would really want to track you for a reason, they could just hack your phone anyway.

May 14, 2011 at 7:56 am |
  349. Myles

Well, it depends. You shouldn't worry about it if you aren't doing anything wrong, but even if you are doing the right thing it's a violation of privacy and people should be able to go places without being watched.

May 14, 2011 at 8:36 am |
  350. natalie

I would be O.K. with it sort of because Nobody would know who I was it would just share the Location.

May 14, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  351. Parker

i wouldn't want somebody to know my location every time I want to use a tracking device and they cold be able to get personal information about where i live where i work important numbers and even credit card numbers so i don't thinks its a good idea to use a tracking device unless its a dyer emergency

May 14, 2011 at 11:27 am |
  352. Melissa

I think it is wrong that mobile phone companies use this mobile phone tracking device. It gives away your location and your safety. Why should major companies have the right to track you down? It disturbs me greatly to know that all along I have been traced down to my location ever since I got my phone.

May 14, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
  353. lauren

I think mobile tracking is not a big deal. I watch criminal minds every day after school and in some episodes they use mobile tracking to find kidnapped or lost people it is very useful in life we need it.

May 14, 2011 at 12:42 pm |
  354. Andrew

I feal that the tracking on a phone is rediculous it is an outrage. Because it is invarding property and personal safty thats what I think thanks Carl.

May 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
  355. Bobby

I dont Like it at all

May 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
  356. karen

i think that it is a bad thing to do it is not thire bisness to know were we are i think that is nosiey

May 14, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
  357. Carter

Why does it matter if they can see where we go? It's not like they're going to track us down.

May 14, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  358. savannah

It is rude and innopropriate . Why would someone need to now what you are doing all the time. If I cant have a phone with an app to listen to peoples privase then they should'nt either. If people want to know what i am doing then I want to now what they are doing

May 14, 2011 at 5:50 pm |
  359. Lauren

Yes, it is a problem, because someone you dont know could find your location and hurt you.

May 14, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
  360. Jayme

I think this has advantages and disadvantages. It could put people in danger. BUT on the other hand, it could also SAVE people. So it's a good vs bad situation sort of.

May 14, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
  361. Sierra

I think they should not do that and they invaeding privice of other people I have mine on every other weekend at mine and my brouthers dads houes what if we were traking them on their phone how would they feel if we were invading their privice that is all the time I have to talk to you guys by .

May 14, 2011 at 9:25 pm |
  362. angela

i think if our gps devices sre tracked it invasion of our privacy and it could very well be illegal if ppl go threw our private buisness
    to me its not constitustional... 🙂

May 14, 2011 at 11:17 pm |
  363. Cody

Yes it bothers me because people can find you and hurt you and thats why it bothers me

May 14, 2011 at 11:59 pm |
  364. Mollie

This should bug many people. Some person could figure out a way to hack into your device and track you down. Even if you turn it off, there's a thing called butt dialing. You could accidentally turn it on while sitting. Only parents should be able to track you. The people should at the very least let yo make a list of people who are the only ones allowed to track you.

May 15, 2011 at 5:54 pm |
  365. Peyton Bailey

I personally think that this tracking could be good or bad. If you get lost or hurt people can track your cell. If you aren't hurt criminals could stalk or even lead to killing.

May 15, 2011 at 8:06 pm |
  366. Jacob

Its good for parents to help keep track of kids. Bad for private reasons.

May 15, 2011 at 8:45 pm |
  367. Danielle

Yes, I think this definitely freaks me out but at the same time I think of all the people that track phones and it just makes me even more freaked out.

May 15, 2011 at 9:07 pm |
  368. Isabella

Why would anyone want to be tracked or followed where they go? Think about it, would you want someone knowing where you are 24/7. One day someone will hack that information and can find you in person. Who wants a creeper hanging around them or worse. No one knows what one might do with that information, so you have to be careful. They need to make it automatically off until further notice.

May 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  369. leon

yes it is a problem a whole bunch of information can cause hackers to steal your identity and other important information

May 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
  370. Sydney

I think its creepy, and you should be able to choose or not if you want to be tracked. Its nobodys busniess where you are.

May 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
  371. Brenden

I believe even though they can track you i feel this gives away no personal information it allows emergency services such as police or AAA to help find you i believe it should be automatically turned off and able to be turned on through an application

May 16, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
  372. alvatron

I think that it is a violation of our privacy for the phone companies to track our phones. I wouldn't want to be tracked all day long.

May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
  373. Lauryn

I think that we should have right to have our privacy to ourselves and not have them out to people who could steal your identity.

May 16, 2011 at 2:43 pm |
  374. HaNnAh

No ,because if you are lost and need help but can't call anyone, your phone has been tracked and people can see where you are. But then people who get fired from their job and have seen where you have been tracked can come looking after you because they know where you are.

May 16, 2011 at 2:47 pm |
  375. Madison

I don`t like the idea that I would be tracked from my device. It is an envasion of privacy and it is a little weird

May 16, 2011 at 3:59 pm |
  376. amanda

Ugh! I don't have a phone with apps on it. But come on people do you suriously invade peoples privacy. One your just going to lose business if they find out. Two its just wrong.

May 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
  377. Blake

Phone companies should be able to track your phone so if you lose your phone you should be able to track it down. It is also not very good because it is a invasion of privacy.

May 16, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
  378. kagden

I think its a good and bad idea because they would now where you are but they could be stalking you.

May 16, 2011 at 4:39 pm |
  379. Muelsam

I think that being tracked constantly should be against the law. It's like having a stalker. If someone was tracking me I would be really paranoid.

May 16, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  380. Steve

Hi Carl!

I believe that mobile tracking is OK, if you can turn it off. Mobile tracking could help you if you get lost or hurt. Sure, privacy may be an issue but, it's not like there is one person following you at all times. I'm sure that all the people we find is worth the little privacy issue. Lives saved is better than

May 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm |
  381. chris

mobile tracking is stupid because what if somebody got hold of that technology and tracked you or stalked you or more and you could be in critical danger.

May 16, 2011 at 5:09 pm |
  382. jacob

it may be useful to hunt down crimanals, but to invade someone's personal space is wrong. i don't want someone to know where i am.
    it's nobody's business to know where i am.

May 16, 2011 at 8:00 pm |
  383. becca

i think that tracking could be a good idea for if someone got lost or something it could help track them and be able to find them. it could also help track missing people. thats what i think is right.

May 16, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  384. Jordan

I believe that this is an invasion of privacy. I think it's unnerving to know that complete strangers know where I am and could be somewhat dangerous when it comes to criminals knowing where you are; yet on the other hand, it may help companies prosper. For example, it can help companies set up ads(such as on billboards) by knowing where some of their possible consumers travel.

May 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm |
  385. Sumana

Mobile tracking is both dangerous and safe. It's safe because if you're lost and you have your phone with you, then your local Police Dept. can find you. It's dangerous because then people can rob and loot your home.

May 16, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  386. Kimberly

This absolutely bothers me! This is just one more intrusion into our privacy. Mobile tracking is just one step away from being used by police, your medical carrier, maybe your life insurance company, anyone who has any interest in your lifestyle or habits. I don't know anyone to know where I am except the people I want to know that! Even if they say you can turn it off, can you really trust that to be true?

May 16, 2011 at 11:15 pm |
  387. Emma

i think that it can be good but also bad. what if someone stole your cell phone?then you could track it to see where it is.

May 17, 2011 at 8:30 am |
  388. Monica

mobile tracking is both a good and bad thing. on one hand it is helpful for if you lose your phone or it gets stolen. but would you want someone always knowing where you are?

May 17, 2011 at 8:31 am |
  389. Wyatt

Mobile tracking can be useful for organizing photos you've taken by sorting them into albums of where they were taken. I think it is really helpful and for those who don't like it, they can easily disable it in the device settings menu. It is amazing that something so unimportant is being debated over on Capitol Hill. Can't they find something better to do, like fixing the economy our something that actually matters?

May 17, 2011 at 9:09 am |
  390. Claudia

I personaly think that sharing or location but not name is very wrong because you never know who is getting that information and you never know if that person may stalk or may hurt you. I think that this should not even excist.

May 17, 2011 at 11:26 am |
  391. Alexis

i have mixed ideas about global tracking. It's good because if someone is lost and injured there phone can be tracked and they can be rescued especially if they are unconscience. It's also good because if someone was kidnapped there phone or moblie devivce could be tracked without them having to make a phone call which they could be caught with. It's bad because people are being tracked without knowing it. Also if the wrong hands get a hold of this tracking devivce people could be stalked and there lives out in danger.

May 17, 2011 at 11:45 am |
  392. Ibrahim

Yes I think this is the craziest thing ever! Technology is getting to advanced and they should tell us what they are putting in our phones instead of stalking us and not eveing knowing about. Like me, I come from Bulgaria and if someone tried to stalk me we can actually do something about it unlike some other countries. You should decide if you want the GPS in your phone or not.

May 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
  393. Oleg

I think it is mobile tracking is very good idea, parents might know where you are, in which place. Don't let other people to see where you are.

May 17, 2011 at 12:28 pm |
  394. Shelbey

Yes and no i think it's a good idea because if someone get's lost and they have their mobile device they will find the person easily but i don't think its a good idea because it goes into people's personal business. So i think it's a good idea in ONLY emergency's!

May 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm |
  395. Julia

Company's shouldn't so that, it's invady privacy. It should be illeagal to do that. What if someone hacks on to the company's computer and gets the info, and finds out where you're at, and finds you and then does bad stuff to you. The company's who do that should be sued.

May 17, 2011 at 1:03 pm |
  396. devyn (pronounced devin)

it would worry me if someone were to be doing that to me! it is a complete invassion of privacy and i think that only your parents or family should know where you are at all times. it is none if those other people's buisiness and they should stay out of ours

May 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm |
  397. Bob

I dislike the mobile tracking because I don't see why it is needed.If I knew there was a reason for the mobile tracking it would seem ok to me. However, I don't see any good reason for the mobile tracking except to call for help when you are in need.

May 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
  398. Larry

As long as the people useing this information are useing it for a good reason, and not a bad reason it doesn't bug me.

May 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm |
  399. nikiya

I agree, our phones are like computers almost everyone has a phone. its a good way to keep track of were your kids are but thats about it.

May 17, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
  400. tasha

i think that for the most part it is a good idea because just in case you were in an emergency and needed assistance with something. Or if you were in some kind of danger. You could make a call and someone could trace you. It is not a good idea though because someone that you did not want to find you, could and it would not be a good position to be in.

May 17, 2011 at 5:01 pm |
  401. Lauren

well, I believe that its not the best of ideas. I think that where you are should stay hidden. Plus, your number would still be there. There is a possibility for someone to hack into the system and recognize your number and where you are. I do not believe that this should spread around the US.

May 17, 2011 at 5:25 pm |