.
March 3rd, 2011

Encapsulating your generation

An unearthed time capsule could give people in Christchurch, New Zealand a portal to learn what life in their city was like more than 100 years ago.

It got us thinking: if you were building a time capsule to represent your generation, what would you include? What one item or artifact would best describe the time you live in to people in the future?

Jordan Bienstock, Writer

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Jazmyne

Probably newspapers. Learning about the events that are happening now can let them compare to what will happen in the future.

March 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm |
  2. Tyler

I would put a laptop computer because if people look at it, it would look so weird. It's cool how the world works.

March 3, 2011 at 3:33 pm |
  3. Panda

I would include money, picture of now time, a book, and an old phone. One item that would best describe the time I am living in is a electronic device( cell phone, ipod, laptop, computer, i pad, and book nook, etc.)

March 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
  4. Myranda

I would probably include the iPhone or maybe the iPad.

March 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
  5. Seth

i would put in a game system and clothing and some money

March 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm |
  6. Rachel

I would include money, clothing, a picture of a new house, and a picture of a person. The artifact that i would include is a wii or iPad because i live in the time of technology

March 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm |
  7. Jenah

I would place in the time capsule one of the latest computers because it would be interesting for the people in the future to see what was "New" to us. I'm sure that the inventions will become even greater with time. I would also place clothing from all the styles that are out so they could compare their style to ours.

March 3, 2011 at 3:38 pm |
  8. George

The people of Christchurch should be glad that they discovered a rich article of their history. However, the devastation of the earthquake that recently hit takes away from the city's happiness. I would include in a time capsule DVDs, Newspapers, Books, Games, and a crisp one-dollar bill.

March 3, 2011 at 3:49 pm |
  9. Emma

Pictures, a couple books, a newspaper, maybe a cell phone and maybe a home phone to let people know what time WAS like before them.

March 3, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
  10. Meghan

I think that I would probably leave a cell phone with a message on it of how life was in the 2000's.

March 3, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
  11. Jason

I would probably put some electronics so that people know how their technolagy has grown/fallen over the years....I would also put some clothes so that they can also compare fasion. Girls like me would enjoy that:-)

March 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm |
  12. Carl

(Yes I have the same name as you)

If I was given the opportunity to place objects of value that our descendants might see to represent our current generation, I would place in a piece of coal, for it will be a million dollars someday and would sure to make people appreciate the past.

March 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm |
  13. Jared

I think amagazine with current and past events, current technology, and popular lifestyle should be put in this to tell the future about what things were like back in 2011, as a citizen in 2111 i would want to know what was going on in the world from a reliable source instead of stories passed down from generations, then we would never know what REALLY happened in 2011.

March 3, 2011 at 5:43 pm |
  14. Nick

What i would include in my time capsule will be Tempur-Pedic. It helps us sleep in good alignment. Which is good for elderly people, cause their back may be sore or in pain. This is something everybody will be able to use and afford.

March 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  15. Janee

If I were to have a time capsule, I probably would put a picture of different races to show the people of the future that we are equal and not rude(:

March 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm |
  16. Tommy

I would leave some of the modern handheld devices of this time period in the time capsule, such as an iPod Touch or a cell phone in it so that the people who open it in the future will be able to see how far they have advanced in technology.

March 3, 2011 at 6:21 pm |
  17. Neil

my favorite movies and games because they could be worth a lot of money in fifty years

March 3, 2011 at 6:32 pm |
  18. Joshua

I think that if I had to put anything in the time capsule to represent the generation is a black berry. To many people are dependent on these kinds of things. In 100 years from now it would be cool to see their reaction. They might be like " What's this? How does it work".

March 3, 2011 at 6:35 pm |
  19. Maggie

An iPod would represent the genoration we live in because it shows the elecronic development that our scientists and egenires have made.

March 3, 2011 at 6:36 pm |
  20. James

I don't know what I would put in the time capsule. It would be a tough decision.

March 3, 2011 at 6:41 pm |
  21. Molly

I would leave a picture of my town. This is because it shows what its like now. So, when people look at it in the future they can see what it was like 100 years ago.

March 3, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
  22. Emily

If I had to build a timecapsel for my generation i would put a phne in it because all it is in this day in age technology is what we rely on and I can not think what technology they will have when they would open it to also show that we need to stop relying on technology and to tell them how much change as happend.

March 3, 2011 at 6:50 pm |
  23. Mya

If I were building a time capsule then the one thing that I would put in would be a text book. People are upgrading the technology and soon enough we wont have any text books left or students will use ipads or ipod touches. Our generation is growing and thats a very good thing but text books are a work out and health is something people aren't realizing is disappearing by the second. Thanks

March 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm |
  24. Anna

I would include a CD of some of the artists of 2011.Music is a big part of our lives and our culture.If anything could describe life right now,it would definitely be songs.

March 3, 2011 at 7:16 pm |
  25. dave

i would put a cell phone in the capsule because our generation is overwhelmed with cell phone uasage and text messaging

March 3, 2011 at 7:21 pm |
  26. Lucas

A newspaper maybe, or something that was an important moment in our towns history.

March 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm |
  27. Chase

I would put a computer in the time capsule because our time has involved the computer so much and has changed and helped events like the protests in Egypt

March 3, 2011 at 8:00 pm |
  28. Chasen

March 3, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  29. Kribi

I would put in some kind of phone or ipod in because they were invented in our generation.

March 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm |
  30. Cassandra

The one and maybe only thing i might include is an ipod or a CD because a lot of people express themselves through music. If they learn how to put their feelings and emotions into songs they could learn how easy it is to overcome struggles.

March 3, 2011 at 8:07 pm |

A cell phone or laptop, because technology is becoming our main source of things. Companies focus on bettering it, using it, or spreading it. You can't turn around without seeing a cell phone and almost everyone in America uses a computer. It also shows how we communicate now.

March 3, 2011 at 8:23 pm |
  32. alexis

I would add pictures and a story about how bad the econemy is. i would say how bad many americans are struggling and i would tell them hopefully things turn out better for them!

March 3, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  33. Annah

I would include newspaper clippings of important events and maybe some pictures. Also maybe a popular toy and maybe some clothes of the latest styles. People in the future could see the types of clothing we wore or what was happening 100-200 years from now.

March 3, 2011 at 8:28 pm |
  34. Andre

I would leave behind a mailbox, so the future people can see how we communicated earlier in time.

March 3, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
  35. Shellie

If I were to build a time capsule I would at least conclude any type of dollar bill, because in the future people might use another way use money. If I use money, people will find it interesting on what my country depended on.

March 3, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  36. Nicole

Anything with a touch-screen and internet access would represent my generation.

March 3, 2011 at 8:51 pm |
  37. Sandra

Probably... A photo because technology is going to get bigger. like black and white cameras.

March 3, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  38. Jesse

Maybe, a yearbook or a video explaining how things were back then.

March 3, 2011 at 9:01 pm |
  39. Jonathan

The item I would chose is my computer because people of the future might have more advanced computers.

March 3, 2011 at 9:11 pm |
  40. Elyana

I would put a football, Ipod, and a letter written by myself about how things work and the budget crunch. Those things seem like the most fitting to me

March 3, 2011 at 9:12 pm |
  41. Ryro

I would put an iPhone or Android phone into the time capsule,because this would help people where we were technologically.

March 3, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
  42. Sabrina

If I were building a time capsule to represent my generation, I would include some icons of my time like the technology (such as the Ipod or Mac computers) and some other icons such as clothing, food, and hobbies or sports to see how different they would be and how they would evolve in the future.

March 3, 2011 at 9:25 pm |
  43. Abi

I think if we added our resent technoligy, people in the futer could see how they've progresses and how we use our resoreses to help the people of modern socitey.

March 3, 2011 at 9:35 pm |
  44. Kyle

I would put a cell phone in the capsule because in this day in age we are very reliant on technology.

March 3, 2011 at 9:40 pm |
  45. lauren

i would leave a justin beiber shirt, so they would know what type of music we listened to and who the "hunk" was!

March 3, 2011 at 9:46 pm |
  46. Christoph'

I would include the best and newest technology we have today, that way they can compare it to their newer modern lifes. They'll probally laugh at ipods and universol remotes, considering the better items on the market they'll have in the future.

March 3, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
  47. Michael

If I could bring anything in a time capsule it would be some current newspaper. It will tell people in the future what was happening when you made this capsule.

March 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm |

I would include pictures, books, and maybe even money to see how bills and coins looked like before

March 3, 2011 at 10:12 pm |
  49. Angie

I would probably include my textbooks. To show them how heavy books are from 2011 πŸ™‚ The textbooks also contain information, so I say its a good idea. Of course, my school would never allow that....

March 3, 2011 at 10:16 pm |
  50. Erin

If I were building a time capsule to represent my generation I would include a video camra with a recording of things in my generation and how I lived.

March 3, 2011 at 10:49 pm |

If I were to put an item in a time capsule it would be either a laptop or ipad because of how technological our generation is.

March 4, 2011 at 12:22 am |
  52. Alexis

If my class were building a time capsule I would include things that have meaning to it, not just something pointless. I would include how well our society has changed and improved, include all the struggles we had to face, and have each and every person in my school, put something they would like to leave for people in the future can see. I personally would put in my iTouch because I want to let the kids know what type of music I listened to because my generation thinks that music 100 years ago was strange, so I would want to know how the next generation will see our music and how strange will it be to them. That also includes how we dress, how we speak, and how well we get along with one another.

March 4, 2011 at 12:50 am |
  53. Julia

If I was building a time capsule for my generation I would include: the harry potters series (a. to prove that books still exist and b) because they are awesome and have caused a phenomon with our generation), an old disney movie (1990's anyone?), a class schedual (to show how crazy our lives can be), a college application, and an iphone. The single artifact would have to be something technological because we are thought of as the generation of technology. Either a laptop with Facebook or an iphone.

March 4, 2011 at 2:10 am |
  54. Yujin

I would put in a album that includes people's picture, picture of iPad,computer, and phone etc, all picture that could show our people's life. It will help future's people to know about our people's life.

March 4, 2011 at 2:33 am |
  55. James

I think I will put money in the time capsule. And I will write "Don't open this until the time machine is made."

March 4, 2011 at 3:30 am |
  56. Joey

Well we need to put in some kind of technology because our technology will upgrade a whole lot so whith this they'll know what the technology was like now

March 4, 2011 at 6:48 am |
  57. Songeon

I am Korean so I would put the national clothes of Korea in the box and pictures of the scenes in korea and the toys that our great-great-great-great-great grand fathers used.

March 4, 2011 at 6:50 am |
  58. Jacob

I would include a pair of Dickies and a pair of Jordan's.

March 4, 2011 at 8:03 am |
  59. Kayla

Money tells the most about my generation.

March 4, 2011 at 8:05 am |
  60. Ms. Long

Laptop

March 4, 2011 at 8:06 am |

Cell phone

March 4, 2011 at 8:06 am |
  62. Kayla

My phone

March 4, 2011 at 8:08 am |
  63. brittany

Coloring book

March 4, 2011 at 8:10 am |
  64. Mr. Ritter

UnderAmour

March 4, 2011 at 8:11 am |
  65. Harris

The thing I would put in the time capsule would probably be a camera or a small electronic devise. So when they open it and see it they could see how diffrent technology has changed and that they have come a long way from just little things. Maybe one day instead of the cars we have now, someone would come up with a flying car that people could afford.

March 4, 2011 at 8:13 am |
  66. Matthew

I would tell them all about the way we live now and probably little bit of money (it will worth alot in a few hunderd years. Also some personal things so they now how we lived hunderds of years ago.

March 4, 2011 at 8:14 am |
  67. Li-Li

The one thing I would put in the time capsule would probably be a camera or a small electronic devise. So when they open it and see it they could see how diffrent technology has changed and that they have come a long way from just little things. Maybe one day instead of the cars we have now, someone would come up with a flying car that people could afford.

March 4, 2011 at 8:14 am |
  68. Jennifer

In our time capsule we decided we would put-a knife -to represent all the murders there are in the world-computer that was used in 2011 to compare what is used when the capsule is found-Green Team shirt, which is our school recycling team and a picture-to represent the importance of the environment and recycling-dress shirt and a tie representing our uniform and a picture-world record Guiness book to see what has changed thru the years-picture of our school to see if it is still standing and did it change-tobacco, representing Kentucky agriculture and a picture of Churchill Down for the Kentucky Derby-picture of the KY Derby Winner of 2011-a report card of one of the boys- a list of technology in 2011 and it can be compared to the year that it is found and there technology.

March 4, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  69. Leah

This generation has been hard. I would probably leave a cell phone or an iPod because this generation is so tech-savvy. I would also leave a $20 bill because so many people have been tight on money growing up because of the economic status. I would finally leave a note saying why I left each thing and telling them about the world's turmoil first hand to stop them from making the same mistakes. If I could only leave one thing out of these three ideas, it would be the note talking about world turmoil because history shouldn't repeat itself.

March 4, 2011 at 9:07 am |
  70. Holly

An ipod.

March 4, 2011 at 9:12 am |
  71. LT AAH Class

Kobe Bryant Jersey, Lebron's Cleveland junk, President Obama Picture, Skinny Jeans, Trinity's diary, I phone, Alabama's national 2009 championship ring, sunglasses, video of american idol, pictures and notes of 2010, vans, dreads, little debbie snack cakes, playstation 3 with call of duty, michael jackson's glove, madden, mac book pro, 2011 liberty school yearbook

March 4, 2011 at 9:15 am |
  72. Sean

I would leave the Guinness World Records book so people would see what it would be like in our times.

March 4, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  73. Daniel

To represent the current generation, I would probably include some current technology, like the Xbox 360, PS3, or the Wii so future generations would be able to see what kind of games we played. Gamers have evolved into their own culture, and nothing beats digging through a box and finding an old nostalgic gaming system.

March 4, 2011 at 9:36 am |
  74. Annette

Personally, I would put in some of my small knitting projects or jewelery. Maybe even a DVD like "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" or "Clue", depending on how big the capsule is and where it will be hidden. I'm also different from my generation.
    My generation would probably put in old electronics that will be no more in the future or even something they feel they can part with.

March 4, 2011 at 9:39 am |
  75. Breanne

If I were to put something in a time capsule to represent me it would be something pertaining to music. Not only is music a huge part in my life, it is what people call the "universal language." Although 100 years in the future there probably won't be any means to play it on, I would probably put a C.D of all of my favorite music on it.

March 4, 2011 at 9:41 am |
  76. kiwilime

If I were to build a time capsule to represent my generation, I would include the change from a discman to Ipod and so on.

March 4, 2011 at 9:43 am |
  77. Jordin

If i was building a time capsule i would inclued an paragragh about 2011, i would also add at least $4.00 becuase $4.00 is going to be much more in the future.

March 4, 2011 at 9:44 am |
  78. Tommy

One of the items I would include some of my old VHS tapes (movies) I saw in my early years. Just because they are "old fashioned", doesn't mean they should be forgoten.

March 4, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  79. Phil

I would put a picture of the gas price so the people who discover my capsule can compare the price from now to the price in the future.

March 4, 2011 at 9:54 am |
  80. mike

if i were building a time capsule i would put an ipod, a cell phone, clothing from this year, and a dollar bill because im sure in years from now the look of money will change

March 4, 2011 at 9:55 am |
  81. Max

I would put in my laptop because I use it at school to look up music videos and at home I use it to look up information for video games and watch video game walkthroughs. That would represent me mostly for my generation.

March 4, 2011 at 10:00 am |
  82. Larry

If I were building a time capsule, the one thing I would include in order to tell people about my time is a piece of technology so they could be amazed at our technological achievements.

March 4, 2011 at 10:21 am |
  83. Romeo

I would write a letter saying i am from the future with an ipad in a semi large box and a small little tv with a game boy an iphone. i would send some cloths from this generation with new style. cause there generation sucks

March 4, 2011 at 10:38 am |
  84. Waleel

i would put a cell phone thats on facebook,movies,etc.I would put a iphone too.A Unemployent rate,a TV. Food because in the future they would be starving.

March 4, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  85. Dean

My time capsule will be the key to space, it will reveal what planet has life on it. There will be space shuttles that people can live in up in space. It will change the world,who knows the world might end and we will have no place to go but SPACE.

March 4, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  86. Richard

For a time capsule to represent our generation we'd have to include a letter about what life is all about in this era. I think an Iphone or an Ipod should be put in it to show our technology was going through major advancements at this time in our lives. Also, the type of popular clothes we wear should be included so that they can either make fun of our styles or bring the styles back.

March 4, 2011 at 10:41 am |
  87. Chelse

Well i think that for a time capsule i would write about the style and how people dress in this generation. i would write about how things are popular and things that people wear. so that people in the furture would be able to bring back that type of style if they wanted to.

March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am |
  88. alyssa

i would put a letter and i put I phone why because letter to tell people that how it was and i would want u to put a letter and so when it the next person come they can see it so it go on and on and i pone because every thing on it so if u need some thing u can use it

March 4, 2011 at 10:46 am |
  89. Antawan

Well i say i would bring some of the latest technology. So the people would get to no how thing work in the future. I would also give some of the latest news.

March 4, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  90. rebecca

I would definetely inculde the 9/11 terrorist attack. That really changed my thoughts on life and I think people should always remember it.

March 4, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  91. Mr. Sebela

I would put a California burrito in my time capsule just in case people of the future lost the recipe. It would be a shame if the generations after us were not able to enjoy the deliciousness of that great burrito.

March 4, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  92. Persephone

I would include an iPod filled with various podcasts of news to show what was going on at the time. I would include earbuds and a set of instructions to help the discoverers.

March 4, 2011 at 10:54 am |
  93. Kiely

I'd put in an article of clothing, & maybe even a dollar or somthing!

Clothing & money will probably change with in 100 years!

March 4, 2011 at 10:55 am |
  94. Kaitlyn

I would include a bunch of books .

March 4, 2011 at 10:55 am |
  95. Shamon

I would include an old cell phone to show that we live in a time with alot of technilogical inventions like the ipad or the iphone. If they did find it in like 300 years they would not be able to use or know how to use it but it would still be cool to discover.

March 4, 2011 at 10:58 am |

If I were to put something in a time capsule for people in the future I would probably put an Ipod in there because I know in the future they will definetly have made a whole bunch of better inventions and upgraded the Ipod by alot!! :)))))))))

March 4, 2011 at 10:58 am |
  97. Kelsie

I would leave music ,thats what could easily describe any generation.

March 4, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  98. Mike

I think that we should include things like an ipod, a cellular phone, some of our coins and new bills, a listing of our feelings and opinions about current wars and such, current prices of products and gasoline, a computer/laptop, and a closing message about what to do to respect our capsule.

March 4, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  99. Alora

If I was building a time capsule, the one thing I would put in it would be a letter explaining what is happening in life today.

March 4, 2011 at 11:01 am |
  100. Stephanie

One thing that i would include is a picture of the street corners and pictures of city buildings and sidewalks so that even my children or my childrens grandchildren could use that pictures to compare their life then to our life now and see if its better or worse. also to remember where they came from and where they could've been without us today.

March 4, 2011 at 11:01 am |
  101. Nick

3D TV

March 4, 2011 at 11:14 am |
  102. Connor

Chicago Storm Roster

March 4, 2011 at 11:16 am |
  103. Luke

Laptop computer

March 4, 2011 at 11:16 am |
  104. Scott

My X-Box 360 would be cool to find in a hundred years.

March 4, 2011 at 11:45 am |
  105. nikki

a picture of me and my key to my car

March 4, 2011 at 11:46 am |
  106. Jordan

If i were building a time capsle, i would for sure put in Mountain Dew. The best soda known to man.

March 4, 2011 at 11:47 am |
  107. Dan

I would put an article about 9/11 because that was one of the most devastating days of our generation.

March 4, 2011 at 11:47 am |
  108. stephanie

In my time capsule I would put pictures of my family and friends because they are important to me and I would like people to see who I surrounded my life with.

March 4, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  109. Josh

The one thing I would put in a time capsule is my I-pod because it shows how my generation is mainly all about the new hand held electronics.

March 4, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  110. Markus

I would put some gas in the time capsule because it is like the price of gold now a days and in the future they probably wont have any or won’t be able to afford gas.

March 4, 2011 at 11:48 am |
  111. Markus

I would put some gas because it is like the price of gold now a days and in the future they probably wont have any or won’t be able to afford gas.

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am |
  112. Josh

I would put in the first ipod.

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am |
  113. Michelle

The one thing I would put in my time capsule would be car keys into it. This is because in a long time from now then there might be different ways we drive cars and so different how everything about a car can be.

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am |
  114. Payton

If I were to put one thing into a time capsule it would be a history book. So that in the future people could see what we learned about and how things were now.

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am |
  115. Todd

If I had a time capsule I’d put an ipod touch with a lot of songs on it, and also Angry Birds.

March 4, 2011 at 11:49 am |
  116. Marissa

I would put in pictures of our cities and cars and technology right now with note of how everything works right now, how our society is and things that are happening locally, nationwide and worldwide. I would describe how life is right now.

March 4, 2011 at 11:50 am |
  117. louie

i would put my ipod touch in

March 4, 2011 at 11:50 am |
  118. Corey

I would leave a note that describes all about our place in the timeline. That would be the most information someone else could get about our time.

March 4, 2011 at 11:56 am |
  119. Marlene

I would definitely put in an ipod, because the people from the future could see what music device we used in our generation and they could compare it to theirs which would be better because of the advancing technology.

March 4, 2011 at 12:00 pm |
  120. brendan

I would put a picture of every national monumemt in the usa for the future for the people to see how ever thing like it was and Id put the xbox 360 in the time capsule just to confused them.

March 4, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
  121. carloz

what I would put on a time capsule so people could see my past is the PSs or the romot control so people in the future could see what it was like back then.Maybe they might have a speak and work machin.

March 4, 2011 at 12:17 pm |
  122. Jonathan

a sample of popular music will encompass the mind set of the current generation

March 4, 2011 at 12:26 pm |
  123. sam

I would put birth control pills πŸ˜€

March 4, 2011 at 12:48 pm |
  124. ELLIS

I would recomend putting the entire enciclopidia in the capsule so that people in the future can see what we did hundreds of years ago

March 4, 2011 at 12:49 pm |
  125. phillip

A Picture of our town fictory mills plant and a picture of town .

March 4, 2011 at 12:55 pm |
  126. Cassidy

I would include ipod because songs contain everything about a generation, the moods, the language, and the technology advances of our time.

March 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm |
  127. Sierra

I would include a book because books are the highs and lows of humanity on pieces of paper

March 4, 2011 at 1:07 pm |
  128. Daniel

In a time capsule, I would add a science and or math book, so that people in the future will know the knowledge of our time.

March 4, 2011 at 1:11 pm |
  129. Elizabeth

My mom should bake a special batch of cookies so the people of the future will have yummies in their tummies

March 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm |
  130. Logan

I would throw in some of our clothes to show the people of the future an idea of what our fashion was like. Like now we think people back then dressed weird. They might think we dressed weird now.

March 4, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  131. Megan

If I had to put an item in a time capsule i would put a Coach purse or a CD of the top songs to show them what we listen to these days:)

March 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
  132. Christy

I would put a letter telling about how the world is now to see how it changes in the future.

March 4, 2011 at 1:25 pm |
  133. Ben

I would put my phone in the time capsule because to see what people would like about it.

March 4, 2011 at 1:26 pm |

I would put a diary about what is going on in the world right now like the economy, gas prices, and the technolgy we have.

March 4, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
  135. buzz saw

to show them what type of thing we used doin war

March 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm |
  136. nina

I would put in time capsule are my things that is precious to me and pictures of my friends, and I will put letters that will remind them that this place is precious to me.

March 4, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
  137. amelia

What I would put in my time capsule, is a picture of the clothes that we wear, so that they could laugh at the crazy clothes that we wear or wore. I would also write a letter to a church, asking what was going on in their church, to tell them to always support their way of life.

March 4, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
  138. Logan

i would put in some of our technology so that people in the future can see how far they have advanced

March 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm |
  139. robert

i would put a copy of call of duty black ops. then when someone would find it and then be interested the game. every one would have fun playing it.

March 4, 2011 at 1:47 pm |
  140. tyler

i would put a paper that tells who i was and what it was like when i was around. i think that i would put a pictures of me and my family and close friends. i would tell about kind of stuff we had and how a lot things we have now work.

March 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
  141. Marcus

I would put like a gold dollar and like old coins i have and two dollar bills. I would also put a note saying how much they were worth when i was alive. Maybe they will be worth a lot when someone finds it.

March 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  142. Rutta

I would put the Titanic movie in the time capsule. I wold put that movie in the time capsule because it explains what happened to the Titanic. It is a very interesting movie.

March 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm |
  143. Amanda

I would put in the things that we use the most. Like the cell phones so in the future they can see how much they advanced.

March 4, 2011 at 2:11 pm |
  144. brianna

i would put some news papers in it. and stuff about the econemy. so people wont make the same mistake. and maybe a phone if it was found thousands of years later.... it would be an antique!! πŸ™‚

March 4, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
  145. CK CI Class

drawing of aardvark, HHH wrestling action figure, yo gotti CD, Obama Picture, Eric Jackson pic, LeBron Miami Heat Jersey, lab top, Jersey Shore T-Shirt, Jordans, Ariel's book bag, Terrible Towel with Polamalu, The Movie – Hangover, Lock of Carly's Hair, tiger fur, I Pod touch, Mark Ingram Jersey, shape ups, Coach Korn's baby picture, abercrombie and fitch, happy meal, heelies, N64

March 4, 2011 at 2:26 pm |
  146. shaynay

i think we should put ipad 2's in to it to show how won ton is right

March 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  147. alex:)

I would put a CD in it with all of the hit songs of 2010-2011. Like Justin Beiber or Michael Jackson...

March 4, 2011 at 2:33 pm |
  148. Russell

I would put a cell phone in the time capsule. I would put it in the time capsule with alot of ringtones and to show what music we listened to and the technology we had.

March 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
  149. Sydney

I would put an iphone4, a few cds of music we listen to today, a People magazine, a cell phone that we consider "fancy", skinny jeans, many fashions we wear today, converse, and dvds.

March 4, 2011 at 2:35 pm |
  150. NICOLE

I think that there would probably be a number of things we could put inside a time capsule to represent our generation...from an Iphone to a pair of nike sneakers.. just to show the people of the future how we operated in the 21st century... and just how smart the people of america really are.

March 4, 2011 at 2:42 pm |
  151. Nick

I would leave an Ipod because that is such huge symbol of technology and represnts alot of americans today.

March 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  152. damie

if i build a time capasle we will be living in the furture

March 4, 2011 at 2:54 pm |
  153. malcolm

it a good idia

March 4, 2011 at 2:57 pm |
  154. Anikan

I Would put some sort of music device. Filled with different kinds of music. I think music is what makes us human. It really deals with our emotion.

March 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm |
  155. Brock

The only thing that I think could represent the community as it is today would be the I-phone. If I couldn't put that in, i would add a Droid.
    πŸ™‚

March 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm |
  156. Brandon

current money(1,5,and 10 dollar bills) and a small bible.

March 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
  157. Joe

I would put a one doller bill because it wil be woth more in the futer just like the 2 doller bill

March 4, 2011 at 4:14 pm |
  158. Chapman

I would include the school i went to and jewelryand, things from the present(Right at this time).

March 4, 2011 at 4:23 pm |
  159. Quags

An Iphone

March 4, 2011 at 4:41 pm |
  160. Abbie

I would bury a video camera showing all the beauiul aand historical places we have here inthe United States. It would give the finders an insiht of what it would be like to live in this time period.

March 4, 2011 at 4:54 pm |
  161. Oscar

The item our generation is most represented by is the Smartphone. The Smartphone represents the teenage way of life of always being connected through phone, text, email, internet, and apps. Our generation relies on technology for everything!!!!!!

March 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm |
  162. Gabrielle

I would place a computer in it. If technology is more modern in the future, people will get to see "old-fashioned" equipment.

March 4, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
  163. Jennifer

I think that an iphone would be the best thing to properly represent our generation. They show all the technology we have so far, but on the other hand, they don't have a fraction of the technology to come.

March 4, 2011 at 5:53 pm |
  164. Christina

I would put in some sort of technology like a cell phone because if you look at what cells phones have developed to, who knows what they will have in the future.

March 4, 2011 at 5:58 pm |
  165. Meghan

if I were to put a single item into a time capsule that would be opened 100 years later I would put some kind of electronic device in it. Given, it may not work 100 years or even 50 years into the future... but it would defiantly represent this generation, the "igeneration". But, again if you thing about it... technology is moving so fast. What or how would people of the future react to 'ancient' technology?

March 4, 2011 at 6:04 pm |
  166. Caleb

I would put plenty of photos of houses and our technology.

March 4, 2011 at 6:05 pm |
  167. Steven

hmm... if i was to put items in a time caspule for the future, i would put in the stuff that makes our country go around. maybe some histroy reports in case people forgot in the future. maybe some books that future students can read and learn from. maybe even photos of creatures that dont exist anymore to help remember that these creatures did exist

March 4, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
  168. Paige

My cellphone.
    I would put my cellphone in whith a recording of me telling about my time with tons of pictures. Then they will look at everything and see what our time was like!!

March 4, 2011 at 6:14 pm |
  169. Bernadette

If I could put one thing in a time capsule I would put in maybe a video game of some sort like a wii or x-box 360. I would put a video game in because it would show the kids of the future what the video games looked like back when we were kids cause the games change generation after generation. Last week I asked my mom what video games they had when she was a kid and they had a thing called Atari and you could play Frogger, Space Invaders, and Donkey Kong on it. Now with the game consoles we have we can play sports, boxing, starwars,and dance.

March 4, 2011 at 6:18 pm |
  170. Troy

Clothing Items

March 4, 2011 at 6:23 pm |
  171. Nora

Maybe something related to modern technology, since it's a very important thing in the modern world.

March 4, 2011 at 6:32 pm |
  172. katherine

i think that i would probably put in some sort of electonic like a wii or ps3 the most important thing that people should put in a time capsule would be a photograph of the most important buildings in the US because then the people would know how the important buildings looked.

March 4, 2011 at 6:50 pm |
  173. lucy

my idea is that we put in some of our pictures so the wierd furure peeps will know OUR fashion trends

March 4, 2011 at 6:52 pm |
  174. brook

i think that the only thing realy needed in a time casule is some journal entrys and pictures of the outdoors so people frome the future can see how global warming is affecting us and we should put pictures of big disateres

March 4, 2011 at 6:55 pm |
  175. mason

a three d tv that would represent as technolagy

March 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm |
  176. Christine

If I could put anything in a time capsule it would be a photo album with pictures of different things like cars, people, buildings,ect.... so when one in the future can compare how the earth has developed since it was buried.

March 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm |
  177. Naaman

youve got 2 put in somethin to represent us olney people like a confederate flag not to be raceist or anything, but hey its who we are

March 4, 2011 at 7:45 pm |
  178. Pate

I would put in a history textbook to explain the past and to explain what we thought it would be like in the future during that time.

March 4, 2011 at 8:01 pm |
  179. chrissy

i would leave a note telling what i did when i was living like playing with my sister and hang out with friends and riding horses and playing with my dogs

March 4, 2011 at 8:08 pm |

If I were to put something in a time capsal to reprsent our generation, i would probaly put in a ipod or cell phone.If my parents let me of course.Just to show the people of the future the technoligy we have now.

March 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm |
  181. Rudy

I personally say that i would actually put some of my electronics in it and probably a messed up computer and if i could i would stick myself in there so they will have all of the informaton that they needed.

March 4, 2011 at 8:25 pm |
  182. Jared

I would put old things in that are old now. I would put food in so people could it really stale. i would hide it in a statue like in New Zealand.

March 4, 2011 at 8:50 pm |
  183. Marcos

There would be a lot of cool stuff I would like to put in a time capsule, but something to describe are generation is a tough decision. If it were up to me I would say cell phones. Ever since I was born they've been around. Now it seem like everybody has one. I think they still got a few more decades before they're done. I mean the evolution of messaging stared with letters, to the telegram, then the home phone, and now the cellular phone.

March 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  184. Kameren

If I made a time capsule to represent the time we live in today, I would tell where the Decloration of Indepenece is (if I knew) so they would know the rules or liberty and the rights Amarica created long ago to represent to stay together and stick to the rights out fore-fathers made.

March 4, 2011 at 8:58 pm |
  185. Isabella

For the time capsule, I would put in some music from the sixtes and fifties, so the people of the future would know what good music really is. I would want to put in things that symbolizes how that past was, and how different it is from the future.

March 4, 2011 at 8:59 pm |
  186. Sarah

I would put in a fictional book. That would let future generations know a favorite type of entertainment,and how we think of unknown sources. It would also teach them about great authers, like J.K.Rowling or Stephenie Meyer.

March 4, 2011 at 9:06 pm |
  187. Bella

I think I would put in something that is electronic because we are in the technology age. It would represent the new tecnology we are making and will have shown that the tecnology we have today is different than the future's.

March 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
  188. autumn

If I were to add bullets to represent the seemingly endless war we're in and news articles about the protests for the many revolutions that are happining after all shouldn't people know in the future that this is a time of major change.

March 4, 2011 at 9:21 pm |
  189. Tyler

I would put in a copy of my Boy's Life magazine so the boy scouts in the future can see how our generation of boy scouts did things and that they can see if one thing we boy scouts do now carried on through the years.

March 4, 2011 at 9:31 pm |
  190. Celina

In the time capsul i would put a card in there to tell the people in the furture what happened in that year. also i would take pictures of my generation so then people would see how much has changed from my world to theres.

March 4, 2011 at 9:45 pm |
  191. Kevin

I think we should add our new technology like green cars to amaze our future friends. Also, we should include some other stuff that represent us still worshiping the olden times. For example, we should add some pictures that we are protecting the first written poem of the Star Strangled Banner because maybe in the future, people might change our national anthem. Also, we should add our representation of education. We could add textbooks and projects we did to show the future people what we used to learn and they could learn more in the past because of our history books.

March 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm |
  192. Christoph'

If it were me I would include:CD's,Movies, clothes, pictures of our enviornment and plotics. This way citizens in the future society will know exactly how our lives were now

March 4, 2011 at 10:28 pm |
  193. Konnor

I would most likely put in something that we use in everyday life, maybe a can opener or a pair of scissors. Hopefully they can then compare their can openers with ours.

March 4, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  194. Dasol

We are living in the era of infomation. I think computer best represents the days we live in. But I would have a big capsule ready to accommodate a computer if I really make a time capsule. πŸ™‚

March 4, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  195. Kaleigh

To show our generation to the future, I would put some sort of cell phone, computer, or other electronic device. This is because that kind of stuff is what we are all about in this time! It seems like these things are the only things some people care about. Maybe the people in the future generations can see our technology and compare it to theirs to see if it has improved or not.

March 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm |
  196. cruz

Thats kinda cool that New Zealand found a time capsule from that bad killing earthquake. More to learn

March 4, 2011 at 11:10 pm |
  197. Daniel

What i would include is one of my prized possessions but of course i would not put it in until i am older.

March 4, 2011 at 11:32 pm |
  198. Tucker

Carl if i was going to put something in a time capsule i would put a computer. I would so that when they would open it they will see how technology is different from there time.

March 4, 2011 at 11:54 pm |
  199. mychal

the thing i would put in my time capsul is my baby picture and my first report card

March 4, 2011 at 11:58 pm |
  200. John

I guess a flash disk with huge amounts of information in it is the best. Because this stuff can represent our technology in this times most, and information in it can include different aspects of our life in this generation.

March 5, 2011 at 12:17 am |
  201. Bob

I would put some letters of my child hood. And pictures of my family. I would love for someone to have some pictures of me and my family. It would mean our spirits would live with these people.

March 5, 2011 at 12:55 am |
  202. Brianna

I would include big moments in history both good and bad such as the president being a woman ora war had generated. An item that I would include would be a picture of the past or a drawing of what the place looked like before. I would also include a timeline of important moments for America throughout this generation so the person reading the capsul would know all that had happened in the past 100 years.

March 5, 2011 at 1:11 am |
  203. Ryan

i would put a cellphone in my time capsule to show our technology compared to theirs that's what i would do.

March 5, 2011 at 1:16 am |
  204. Norris

Piecesof paper that has articles about the modern society would best describe the time human beings live nowadays. That could be parts of news drafts or books. In the other hand, 3C products well represent our generation. With advances in technology, computers and cell phones have brought us great convenience.

March 5, 2011 at 3:57 am |
  205. Kang

I think I would put a book of descriptions of our time... That would solve the problem of mistaking a toilet to a beautiful jar.

March 5, 2011 at 8:46 am |
  206. Zinnia

i would leave an ipos with avideo dairy of my life sothat people in the future could see and i would leave a charger too

March 5, 2011 at 10:45 am |
  207. britney

The only thing I would include would be a video camera of the animals endangered so if they became extinct scientist would have more info about the animals. My favorite animal I would include would be the rare snow leopard

March 5, 2011 at 11:02 am |
  208. Carlos

I love to eat Mexican food, it's my favorite! I would leave a recipe book of how to cook certain Mexican dishes. Then people can remember the great taste of Mexican food!

March 5, 2011 at 11:28 am |
  209. Adam

I would include a copy of Mein Kampf.

March 5, 2011 at 11:40 am |
  210. Delaney

I would put in a copy of the yearbook of my school. It is a good kind of thing for a time capsle. That kind of thing can show you what that school was like back in our time and show the difference between past and present schools.

March 5, 2011 at 11:47 am |
  211. Aditi

I would put an iPhone or some other form of technology to represent how obsessed our generation is with technology πŸ˜€

March 5, 2011 at 12:36 pm |
  212. Desi

I would include the type music we listen to, a book, an iPod, a cell phone, shoes. an outfit, laptop, and electronics from our genaration.

March 5, 2011 at 1:22 pm |
  213. Brooke

if i were to have a time capsule i would include a bathroom.the reason why is because it would have fresh water for drinking so just in case something crazy happens in the time capsule you wouldnt have to worry about a bathroom not being there.

March 5, 2011 at 1:24 pm |
  214. angela

if I put an item in a time capsule it would be my flat iron in to symbolize I LOVE my hair but if I can give up that then I would put a picture on me with a letter saying how my life was when I was a kid

March 5, 2011 at 1:37 pm |
  215. Maggie

I would put in a computer because it shows that we where always revolving in changing in technology here in the world.

March 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm |
  216. Tyler

I would put something very cool in it ( rings)

March 5, 2011 at 3:20 pm |

I would include a towel. A towel because they would be like wow people back then had suuch shancy towels

March 5, 2011 at 3:32 pm |
  218. alexis

I think that i would include something that was very popular and used alot or read alot that was very usefull and put it in that time capsule. it should be something that nobodybody would remember . Its really facinating to find something from a while ago.i probably would end up putting a very popular lyric song , a book ,amovie,or a poem.

March 5, 2011 at 3:51 pm |
  219. Morgann

The artifact I would include would be any type of cell phone. According to a survey by Wikipedia the U.S. was ranked 3rd with 93 billion cell phone users. Cell phones are a very important part of my generation!

March 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  220. Melissa

I would include a cell phone in the time capsule . Because during our generation technology has just kept improving .

March 5, 2011 at 5:26 pm |
  221. Kiyan

A newspaper of course.It includes information about the past and the present.What more could someone need to know about today?A newspaper includes a date, current events, world information, local news, (etc.). It also includes a glimpse into the past, and perhaps, the future.

March 5, 2011 at 5:56 pm |
  222. Bob

I would put a computer.

March 5, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
  223. Paige

I would put in some newspapers and magazines– all laminated so they wouldn't biodegrade to quick.

March 5, 2011 at 6:10 pm |
  224. Chase

I would put in some money so if it is different in the future they can see what it used to look like

March 5, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
  225. Chase

I would put a computer in it because the time has evolved and changed so much so they can see what happened in Lybia and Egypt

March 5, 2011 at 7:28 pm |
  226. keely

To show them what my life was like when i was a kid I would take a picture of my ipod, house, pets, jewlery because you never know what they will have.

March 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm |
  227. Halee

To show what my life was like or about I would put Ballet slippers, Jazz shoes, hip hop shoes etc. in there to show them I danced. I would put an old Ipod in there to show I liked music. I would take pictures of out cars, house, pets, and family. To show them how much the world has changed in the past 100 years.

March 5, 2011 at 8:38 pm |
  228. sarah

i would put in a time capsule an iphone just because of all the changing in technology and i truly shows improvement in our generation. i would also put some coins from the current year to see if there was any change. (and it may be worth something then)

March 5, 2011 at 9:38 pm |
  229. melanie

Well i think it would be tottally awesome to make a time capsule of my own. I would probly put well i would put alot of stuff from our preset time so the people from the future can see how the world was before

March 5, 2011 at 9:48 pm |

I'd put in a Facebook symbol because Facebook has become one of the most popular and most used things in our generation.

March 5, 2011 at 9:54 pm |
  231. Paul

If I made a time capsule i would put a computer in to show the next generation how our computer were like.

March 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  232. Robby

My Xbox, My PSP, MY PHONE,My computer, maybe a paper on it and some cash,a tv but then it might have to be a big box though LOL!

March 5, 2011 at 10:44 pm |
  233. Theresa

I would put a cell phone or an ipod touch. In this age we have lots of evolving technology and what are evolving the most are cell phones and ipods. I think these would show how we are using technology and making it better.

March 5, 2011 at 11:51 pm |
  234. Sara

I would put a mechanical pencil as a way of showing that we keep on building new ideas and that we dont just run out of ideas we refill and refresh them!

March 6, 2011 at 1:25 am |
  235. Kacey

what I would includ in my time capstle is some reaseats from gas prices beacause in a week the gas prices have gone up like .38 witch is bad very bad

March 6, 2011 at 7:55 am |
  236. Ji Hun

If I build a time capsule, I want to include my pictures.
    Because, seeing my pictures, next generation kids can see the world that their parents lived and also can realize how the world had changed.

March 6, 2011 at 8:00 am |
  237. Tanner

I would put a tire in it. because in the future they are probably gonna have huver cars so they wont have tires

March 6, 2011 at 8:53 am |
  238. Anes

Well something that i would include that really shaped my world and people around me would be a picture of President Barack Obama, he is the first African American President of our country. It showed that we overcame racism and had a black man in office.

March 6, 2011 at 9:24 am |
  239. zoller

I would add a picture of president Obama,and an iphone.It tells about what obstacles we have overcome.

March 6, 2011 at 9:43 am |
  240. PTC School Enrichment class

We would leave money, a journal, and pictures of our time.

March 6, 2011 at 9:46 am |
  241. Sam

If I were to include anything in a time capsule, it would be something to represent the time period we live in right now. That one thing would be some form of technology (a cell phone, perhaps?).

March 6, 2011 at 10:58 am |
  242. Joy

If I were to put one thing in a time capsule that would represent the people of today, I would include a small laptop computer or iPhone that has thoughts from some of the people in our generation and pictures, videos, or other representations of what goes on in our world.

March 6, 2011 at 11:46 am |
  243. Palmer

Books are still printed on paper. Not everything is on the internet.

March 6, 2011 at 11:57 am |
  244. Luke

I would put a smartphone in the time capsule. It seems as if everyone these days are trying to develop apps for smartphones. A smartphone would represent this time period very well.

March 6, 2011 at 11:57 am |
  245. patrick

i would put a blackberry cell phone in the time capsule to represent my generation

March 6, 2011 at 1:21 pm |
  246. Shannon

I would put something about facebook in their since the world revolves around facebook nowadays. I would also put soemthing that symbolizes a depression because no person or organization seems to have much money lately. Id proally put a sanuk in their as well since just about everyone I know owns a pair of sanuks no matter how old.

March 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm |
  247. Jordan

I think that finding time capsules is always a cool find. If I were to put one thing in them it would be a cell phone or maybe a present-day computer for people to see what our technology is like today.

March 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  248. annie

If I were to build a time capsule, I would probably include a picture of the place where I would hide it. That would make sense because I think that it would be cool if people in the future could have an exact visual of how we live in 2011. I think that visual evidence is important.

March 6, 2011 at 2:46 pm |
  249. Fred

I'd put in a computer or cell phone. It shows the time we live in perfectly.

March 6, 2011 at 3:23 pm |
  250. Brittany

If I had to include one item to go into a time capsule I would put a cell phone in to represent our generation. I think a cell phone best describes our generation because now almost everyone has a cell phone and we depend on them for alot of things.

March 6, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  251. jennifer

I would include a history book....in case they lose track of the history they would have a guide book right there!

March 6, 2011 at 5:27 pm |
  252. Jenna

I would put a coin because coins are probably always going to change over time.

March 6, 2011 at 5:28 pm |
  253. Calley-Ann

I would put in a cell phone because in 100 years, cell phones will be way more advanced and I think it would be cool to see what a cell phone was like today.

March 6, 2011 at 5:37 pm |

I would put my blackberry in there. Then I would put shopping bags of the stores that are popular right now. As the one big item I would put an ipod touch.

March 6, 2011 at 6:24 pm |
  255. Lynda

If I was to build a time capsule, I would include things we have right now, so that way the people in the future could see what it was like to be living in a life like now.

March 6, 2011 at 7:20 pm |
  256. Katherine

I'd include a dairy, beause not only would it tell future generations about life in my time, but aslo about historical events and the perspective of someone in our time.

March 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm |
  257. Josh

I would put in a video game because most people think in the future their will be flying cars. Everyone would look the same. I have a really good question. Has any one seen a movie that shows the future with video games?

March 6, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
  258. Jesse

I would leave a new piece of technoloy to the people of the future. I would do that because they would know how we lived in this generation.

March 6, 2011 at 9:19 pm |
  259. Josh

I would put in my Ipod. It shows ow my generation uses electricity.

March 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm |
  260. Josh

I would put in the computer I am typing on right now. It shows how we used the Internet.

March 6, 2011 at 9:21 pm |
  261. Rahul

In a time capsule i would probably include some sort of technological device to give the recipients some kind of perspective of our current technological status.

March 6, 2011 at 10:29 pm |
  262. Jaira

I'd put in a paperback book...I wonder if by then they stopped cutting down trees? Maybe a game console as well.

March 7, 2011 at 12:13 am |
  263. Seong-Woo

I'll bury a bottle filled with oil.
    Who know? Someday it might be helpful when people have run out of resources they use.

March 7, 2011 at 2:51 am |
  264. Macy

If I were to put something in a time capsule to represent my generation I would probably put a pair of uggs or an iPod in it.

March 7, 2011 at 6:38 am |
  265. Kathe

Well I would leave either a journal filled with information about the past and our time or I would leave a greek coin, like the ones you would find in mueseums.

March 7, 2011 at 8:01 am |

I would put a towel in so they would know how shancy our towels where back then. I would also put in some magazines.

March 7, 2011 at 8:03 am |
  267. Sam

I think the one thing that currently marks out generation is the 9/11 attack. All of our concerns with the events occuring in the middle east are some what fueled by our fear of another attack in the United States. The one thing I would tell people is that the only thing you should fear is fear itself. We have so many great innovations today and opportunities, we really just need to be thankful, and happy.

March 7, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  268. Tanner

I would probably include a cell phone because of its mass impact on our current generation. It represents the time well and in 100 years will probably be an antique.

March 7, 2011 at 9:23 am |

I'd put items that the average american use daily, like, maybe an Ipod, and a cellphone to show how advanced technology was, compared to how it would be in the future. And i would put a bible to show a type of religion.

March 7, 2011 at 10:29 am |
  270. alex

I would put money, because of the economy. Also i would put a cell phone, because of the electronics that we use everyday. I think that putting in some type of culture representative because of all the cultures in america. Last but not least i would put in a type of toy that kids use.

March 7, 2011 at 10:29 am |
  271. Alexia

If i were making a time capsule, i would put the American flag to show how great our country was. i would also put a source of technology like a cell phone or a laptop. Another thing would be to show the christian faith with a cross. These things i think would show and influence the people of the future generation.

March 7, 2011 at 10:31 am |
  272. Natalee

I would leave important things of our time, like toys, pictures, a flag, and some examples of modern technology. I would leave a letter talking about things that we used and did in the 21st century.

March 7, 2011 at 10:31 am |

I would put a few items that the average american, use, or view daily. I'd put and Ipod to show some of the different entertainment. I'd also put a cellphone in the box. And lastly i'd include a bible to show a certain religion.

March 7, 2011 at 10:33 am |
  274. Ray

we should pack old stuff.

March 7, 2011 at 10:35 am |
  275. Billy

I would put a cellphone in to show where we are with our technology

March 7, 2011 at 11:36 am |
  276. Nathan

Me, jk. The best representation of American young people would be an iPod perloaded with the top 100 songs. Music can influence us in all sorts of ways. A song about a guy having a girlfriend might stimulate guys to get girlfriends. And besides, how normal is it to hear a song. Not one day goes by, for me, were I don't hear even a verse from a song.

March 7, 2011 at 11:58 am |
  277. Am

one thing that decribes our time right now is tech. im sure in the future it will be loads bigger but right now its a big deal for our generation.

March 7, 2011 at 12:04 pm |
  278. Caitlyn

I would include, in my time capsule, a map of the world from right now. I would do that because, Pangaea had formed differently in a good amount of time, so the world might change its shape and body form 100 years from now, maybe just a small bit! Just so the people know what the world used to look like back when their ancestors were alive, and compare their map, to ours. You never know what might happen to our wonderful world...

March 7, 2011 at 12:51 pm |
  279. joe

i think it is smart to make a time capsule its smart to do that cause your kids kids might find it and they could learn about there past and they might pass it on to there kids thats my thaught

March 7, 2011 at 1:03 pm |
  280. Zawevihogr

If we were building a time capsule we would put in something to represent our style like a picture, magazine, or clothes. Also, we would put in ipods to show the new industry of the ipods and mp3's. Our era is often represented as the time of new and improved electronics and technology. Newspapers showing the state of economy could also be useful to future discoveries. A phone could be useful to show our source of communication within our lives. Using all these items we believe that our time capsule could provide a lot of answers for the scientists looking for answers about out time period. This will result in knowledge of the past that can be reflected in the education of the kids in the new era.

March 7, 2011 at 1:26 pm |
  281. Austin

It would show the people that opened it what life was like before there time it might give them a diffrent out look on life, and maybe they wouldn't take advantage of certian things

March 7, 2011 at 2:08 pm |
  282. Henry

I would put in a fully charged mp3, with all of the currently top songs. this would allow people to learn how much music has changed

March 7, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
  283. Seth

Definetly something about our technoligy and how it has advanced thought the years

March 7, 2011 at 2:21 pm |
  284. Josh

I would put in a couch because it would show how our generation made couches.

March 7, 2011 at 2:54 pm |
  285. Casey

Just the entire idea of time capsules is absolutely amazing, to me. If I to choose one thing to place in a time capsule, to represent our generation, well, the first thing that pops to mind is a photo album. We could collect pictures of important events in the last few years, like Obama's inauguration, or the crisis in Libya, the 2008 Olympics, the Earth quakes in Haiti, and Chile. Also more average things such as what cities look like now, and just general people, places, and things.

March 7, 2011 at 4:03 pm |
  286. Lydia

I would leave my Ipod so people could see what music we listened to and see what songs we liked!

March 7, 2011 at 5:05 pm |
  287. Brett

I think that making a time capsule would be a great thing to do it would help people figure out what life was like back in 2011

March 7, 2011 at 5:06 pm |
  288. Christina

I would put newspapers, technology, and music also pictures to show the people of the future how we lived and what.

March 7, 2011 at 6:44 pm |
  289. Becca

I would include a diary of our lives so that future mankind can know what it was like in 2011 and/or a photo of a monument that is influential to us such as the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, or the Leaning Tower of Piza.

March 7, 2011 at 7:04 pm |
  290. Paige

My Cell Phone....
    I would pre load it with pictures of tons of stuff along with videos. Then the people who find it could see our time and our stuff.

March 7, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
  291. Madison

A computer, because its the most influnential thing that gets people closer to the answer and easier to live life.

March 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm |
  292. Haleydru

I would probably put in a mixed CD with all the current hot artists (ex: Bieber, Gaga, Bruno, etc.) and add a picture of all my friends and classmates so the people can see how how we dressed and what we looked like at this time.

March 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm |
  293. Lucus

I would include some fast food wrappers because our world is slowly becoming obese and fast food is a major contributor to that, therefore, fast food is a main factor

March 7, 2011 at 7:38 pm |
  294. Yeh

I will put comic books and cartoon DVD in to time capsule.
    In my childhood, I could see a lot of cartoon from TV.
    When I was 20 years old, I told my little sister(10 years old generation) about these cartoon I saw on childhood.
    She said she never see these cartoon and these cartoon had not be found on TV. Instead, I talk to my generation, they know these cartoon,even some had treasure on it, such as game cards and cartoon stickers.
    When I 60 years, I will open the time capsule. That time, I will not forget these cartoon that bring hopes and happies in my chlidhoon.

March 7, 2011 at 7:55 pm |
  295. Cameron

I would not put any photos in the casule because depending on the amount of time, they will eventually fade and become unseeable. If I had a choice, I would most likely include a printable version of the Declaration of Independence!

March 7, 2011 at 9:57 pm |
  296. Elizabeth

If i were going to put something in a time capsule for the future generations to know what it was like now, it would have to be an ipod. It so big of a thing right now.

March 7, 2011 at 11:04 pm |
  297. Chrisnz

It could have been put there in 1867, 1918, or 1933. Two time capsules one could be a parchment refered to in a 1918 newspaper story inside a glass bottle the other is a metal sealed cylnder 50cm as yet unopened. It was buried under a statue of the citys founder unearthed in the earthquake.

March 8, 2011 at 3:24 am |
  298. Ben

Nothing. The economy, the violence... It's just not worth preserving for future generations.

March 8, 2011 at 6:36 am |
  299. jason

that time capsule must have alot of time on his hands

March 8, 2011 at 7:53 am |
  300. Paul

I would put in pictures of the war and show how, in our time now, there is hate going on everywhere.

March 8, 2011 at 8:01 am |
  301. Connor

If I were to put an item of mine in a time capsule it would most likely be a book. I love to read and I believe that everyone on the Earth should know how to. (Even future genearations). With a book you can go on amazing adventures without even leaving your room.

March 8, 2011 at 8:24 am |
  302. Lauren

I would put a cell phone (such as a Droid) into a time capsule because it shows my generation's overall dependence on technology. Teenagers today cannot get through their day without a cell phone.

March 8, 2011 at 8:33 am |
  303. Macy

In my time capsule I would inclue a picture of me and a school in my community. I would also include a newspaper that had just came out meybe a day or two before we put the time capsule in. Another thing that I might include would be an electronic. The electronic may be a ipod, phone, or mayber an e-reader. That way they would understand what all we had. That is what I would put in my time capsule!

March 8, 2011 at 9:06 am |
  304. Alana

If I was to create a time capsule for the people of the future I would include a number of things.First I would include somthing like a newspaper or video on a phone or ipod to describe important events that happened when I made the time capsule. Second I would include portable technology like a phone. Third I would include a letter describing life in the past. Fourth I would include a picture showing the style of my time. That is all.

March 8, 2011 at 9:12 am |
  305. christian

I would not make a time capsule because I think they are kind of silly. Why would anybody put old things in a box for other people to find? There are other ways to tell about our past: such as, stories, books, and pictures. If I did do a time capsule I would put a new book to show how our literature is. I might include a newspaper too.

March 8, 2011 at 9:12 am |
  306. Abby

I would put many things in my time capsule. For example, I might put some electronics in it so poeple in the future can see our technology now. Newspapers would be a good idea in a time capsule, for kids to learn about the past and what has happened in it. Now, in the U.S.A we have a black hole mystery to figure out! That would be exciting and interesting for little kids to know about. Maybe I would give them a list of that we have now days. One more thing that I would put in the time capsule is, a video of CNN Student News with Carl Azuz.

March 8, 2011 at 9:19 am |
  307. Skyler

In a time capsule i would put in a lot of things. Some things i would put in the time capsule is newspapers. My second thing is a phone. My third i might put in a video. And pictures showing the life in the past. Those are some things i would put in the time capsule.

March 8, 2011 at 9:26 am |
  308. Faith

If I were going to build a time capsule I would put some type of technolgy like ipods, cell phone or a ipad.Then I would put in some pictures of woods,and other wildlife.I would put in small things that are rare.Maybe thing that explains what life was for us in the past. Sometimes they might even wish they got to see or feel that way.They also might want to be that.Then I would want to put news papers and notes of what life in the past looked and felt like.

March 8, 2011 at 9:33 am |
  309. Clive

If I were to put something in a time capsule I’d probably put a cell phone or an I-Pod in it. Something to show the technology of today. Other things could be shoes or clothes, I bet those things would be interesting in a hundred years.

March 8, 2011 at 10:23 am |
  310. Trevor

if i had a time capsule i would put some really famous nike air jordans in it. but i would also put a old school fish skateboard in it.but i would put some old news papers my mom has in her closet.and i would also put some of my drawings in it.maybe some of my dads swords.

March 8, 2011 at 10:30 am |

If i was going to my a time capsule i would put a cell phone in it . Then I would put a ipod in it. Then I would put a newspaper in it. then i would put a ipad in it. Then I would put things from wildlife in it. And then it mite tell the person how the wildlife then and it mite show the patten of it. And then it will show about the past.

March 8, 2011 at 10:37 am |
  312. Guffey

Well, I thought music would be a good idea- an iPod or something full of the stuff- but if today's music were to die, I would be perfectly happy with things. In all seriousness, I think a magazine- Time or otherwise- would be a good choice, as they tend to cover most events in a certain time frame.

March 8, 2011 at 11:09 am |

An Ipod! I feel that Ipods define our generation. We are all for technology and the smaller and easier to use, the better, and the Ipod is the perfect device to demonstrate that. An Ipod could have all our music, blogs from anything we like to follow, games, and apps that show who we are and give future generations an idea of what our culture was like.

March 8, 2011 at 11:10 am |
  314. Brianna

There are lots of things we could put in the capsule. Such as clothing. Our clothes seem to tell a lot about us and show the our differences in time. We could put in our versions of technology. We could even right a letter to the future, tellingabout our time and what its like. They would then know what a big difference it was and feel like they were living it themselves.

March 8, 2011 at 11:10 am |
  315. Tiffinie

An Ipod! I think they would be perfect to put in a time capsule. They define our generation because we are all about the faster, smaller newer technology. You can have all your music, your favorite blogs, games you like to play, and all the apps you like on an Ipod. This would give future generations an idea of what we were like and what our culture is like.

March 8, 2011 at 11:13 am |
  316. santo

I would put a book into the time capsule. I think it would show our time now. Yes you could put an ipod or a something in it, but I would put a popular book like Harry Potter into the capsule. Harry Potter not only shows a part of popular culture, but it's also a book, and a very good one at that. I think the future will have plenty of technology and computers, but it would be best to remind people of the magic of books that exist now.

March 8, 2011 at 11:22 am |
  317. Grace

I would put a CD in and maybe a Webkins animal. Some type of cereal too.

March 8, 2011 at 11:37 am |
  318. Even

I would add several of the local and national newspapers and I would also add a note saying what the town was like back then.

March 8, 2011 at 11:37 am |
  319. austin

I would inculde a baseball and a baseball bat and a baseball glove because i love baseball so later people can still play

March 8, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  320. riley

if i was doing a time capsule i would put what we wear, and basically what was popular and what isnt!

March 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm |
  321. Kiana

I would include facts from that time of the generation.It would be inportant because what if my relatives would look and look back at the found years of their ancestors.

March 8, 2011 at 1:30 pm |
  322. Travis

Well its kind of hard to decide what to put in there, if I choose anything it probably be a ipod nano or something to tell the people of the future what tech we had! πŸ˜€

March 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm |
  323. Penelope

If I could encapsule my generation with one object, it would be an iphone or some other electronic device like that. I don't like them; I'd prefer if we could put a book in the time capsule, but this generation is not one of reading books, it's one of playing on your iphone, or texting on your cellphone, or listening to music on your ipod, or other things like that. As much as it is good to progress, I sometimes wonder if we are progressing too much . . .

March 8, 2011 at 3:53 pm |
  324. Reagan

If I were to make a time capsule, the one thing I would put in would be a writing piece because it would show kids in the future how we wrote in 2011.

March 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm |
  325. kellyanne

if i were to build a time capsule i would leave hints so my great-grand and so on could get the tresures i left for them

March 8, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  326. kellyanne

i would put cloths, text books and every thing in my room in there.like my cd's and my stuff animals and even a ipad, ipod and wii.

March 8, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
  327. madddie

I would put a book in because it will look so weird and books most likely wont be printed anymore

March 8, 2011 at 4:38 pm |
  328. Caleb

I would put something that not to many people have now. Or something that a lot of have have to see if they knew what it is.

March 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm |
  329. joby

I would put a i-pod with a broadcast of CNN Student news in a time capsule.

March 8, 2011 at 5:33 pm |
  330. Samantha

I would include facts from the that time of the generation. It would be important because what if my relatives would look and look back at the found years of their ancestors.

March 8, 2011 at 6:59 pm |
  331. Jessica

I would include a few pictures and some stuff like a cell phone and maybe a few dollars. Then when the people in the future discover it they can see what life looked like now and some things that we used.

March 8, 2011 at 7:22 pm |
  332. Kaylynn

I would put in my stuffed animals because when I was a kid I loved those things.

March 8, 2011 at 8:21 pm |
  333. Sarita

I would leave a list of things that I hope will happen by whatever date the capsule is opened.

March 8, 2011 at 8:35 pm |
  334. Tayttum

If I wanted to do a time capsule I would probably put a cell phone,an ipod so people can listen to the music we listen to and it cold have pictures on it ,a few news papers,a book,something we wear,and some facts about this time so people know about there history a little more. I would probably put more things in the time capsule.

March 9, 2011 at 7:57 am |
  335. Autumn

If I was building a time capsule I would prombley put in pictures of houses,feilds,and people. I would also put in magizens. If the world would be differnt I would put in maybe some clothing or shoes.I would also put in my favorite book series with a note saying this is what the world was like in 2000's.I might even put in some of my jewlery.

March 9, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  336. Kacey

If I was making a time capsule i would put in a news paper, also a pictures of the town I live in now,and some pictures of my town so the people who opens it they will see how different the towns was in the 2000's and there town.

March 9, 2011 at 8:59 am |
  337. Nina

I would put in a phoen maybe an ipod. Then i wouid put in a news paper,and some pictures of the shcool an some other bildings we have around.the top thing i would put in is a book or two like something that is new and then something like a math book.the impotent part is to put in something you will not see for to much longer, not a plant or an animal but something that is about to be upgraded that won't be here any more.

March 9, 2011 at 9:08 am |
  338. Russell

maybe a video of the city you live in because it might not be there in the future

March 9, 2011 at 11:27 am |
  339. maddie

if think i would leave a eltroic device and see how the eltronics are simular.

March 9, 2011 at 12:06 pm |
  340. Cheyenne

I think i would leave a note saying what the past was like and what was going on in the past so they would know if it got better or worse.

I would also leave a photograph of my school and/or a newspaper of current events of where i live

March 9, 2011 at 12:09 pm |
  341. caitlynn

one thing i would leave in the time capsal would be pictures of what the world looks like today then the people of the future can compare it to what the world looks like then.

March 9, 2011 at 12:10 pm |
  342. Case

If I built a time capsule and steer away from the suferingn and put pictures of holidays andfamily and friends and leave a note explaning each thing also text books showing are way of writing and education

March 9, 2011 at 12:11 pm |
  343. tomas

i would leave sand because it could tell them about the earth back then and they could see wath the sand looks like back in the days of us.

March 9, 2011 at 12:12 pm |
  344. justin

i would leave a pencile and this computer that im righting this commet on cause in the future todays computer will probaly not even be around cause they will be so old.

March 9, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
  345. Alyvia

if i was to leave anything in a time capsule it would be a a map and a history text book. .the map would show cities that exsited and if they still do. the history book so they would know about technology , econmy , way of life and our religon.

March 9, 2011 at 12:15 pm |
  346. Leeann

I would leave old recipes that my generation has passed down and in a 100 years hopefully somebody would put it to good use.

March 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm |
  347. Rheagan

I would leave a picture of my school. Also some facts of me and cool stuff like that.

March 9, 2011 at 12:20 pm |
  348. bob jr.

a monkey

March 9, 2011 at 12:21 pm |
  349. Wyatt

I would include a computer because it can include in its memory tons of info on our generation.

March 9, 2011 at 1:07 pm |
  350. lisa

i would not put anything in a time capsul because we are making mistakes we dontneed to give the next generation prufe that we messed up

March 9, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
  351. ally

I would include an almanac for this year because that would tell about the world at this time and help people at that time understand the world today.

March 9, 2011 at 5:00 pm |
  352. Nicole

If i were to create a time capsule for my generation, i would include an electronic device, or something to show electronic commmunication. This is a very important thing to put in a time capsule because it shows how technologically advanced my generation is. Instead of putting on a puppet show, as they would do back in the older generations, today we would record a video maybe, and put it on youtube. Something including technology would be important to put in a time capsule of my generation.

March 9, 2011 at 6:23 pm |