.
December 15th, 2010

Career Connections: Are you connecting?

For the last few months in our Career Connections reports, we've had CNN professionals share their personal journeys in the field of journalism.  They've also provided great general advice for you as you think about a career you might want to pursue. And it's okay if you don't know what you want to do yet: I didn't know I wanted to be a journalist until my junior year in college.  I figured it out after realizing that I really enjoy television, I'm an inquisitive person, and I like to write short stories.  So what careers have sparked your interest?  Are you making any career connections with professionals in your fields of interest?

Tomeka Jones, Associate Producer

Filed under: Behind the scenes • Feedback
  1. Ben

I would like to become a musician, if that doesn't happen, I'm going to become a tattoo artist.

December 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm |
    • Kris

Ben I am a musician at kannapolis middle school in kannapolis,north carolina I play the trumpet I have had many preformances that I got paid to do I am not the best what makes my good is that I keep trying and have fun with what I do. Being a musician isn't my dream job(which I'd being an inventor). Being a musician I all about enjoying playing your intrumet. It may not always turn out the way you expected but if you had fun and the adience enjoyed it then the preformance was a sucres. So no madder what always keep trying and never forget your dreams .

January 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm |
  2. Katie

When I was younger I enjoyed writing stories and poems, and I also at one point wanted to be a kindergarten teacher, but now I've grown out of that and enjoy working with and learning more about computers, and digital and web design. My main goal right now is to complete my main classes, and to complete the Design and Technology program I am in.

December 15, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  3. Charity

I want to be a mental therapist of some sort. It sounds fun and I like to help other people with their problems.

December 15, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  4. Kayla

When I grow up I want to be an actor because I think I was made for the spotlight! If that doesn't work out then an artist, vetenarian, and if none of these jobs work out I would be a writer!!! (I don't want to sit in an office all day!) I used to take lessons in acting and I'm practicing for all these jobs, and most of my friends like the same kind of jobs so for now I'm good to go!

December 15, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  5. Erin

Well, I love standing up for people all the time. I don't like to see other people get in trouble for what they didn't do.It just isn't fair! That is when I decided that I wanted to be a lawyer.

December 15, 2010 at 5:25 pm |
  6. Samantha

I think working with special people would be really interesting. I've volunteered at the Special Olympics and have been in a school for special kids. I have a lot of other volunteer work and I love it. I think hat is what I want to do for the rest of my life.

December 15, 2010 at 5:26 pm |
  7. Bethany

I would like to be a photographer. I am trying to save up for a photographer's camera, but for now I am working with a digital camera. I take my camera everywhere with me, and I have collected a portfolio of photos. It would also be cool to be a teacher, because I am really smart and my friends are always asking me for help.

December 15, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  8. iesha

i can not wait to be done with high school i look for a career and for look get was us career they your got mind and do was doing look know which just took because is can nothing got people be done with school get my career and get a can learn how to drive into was in want was i am ready be done with school i am happy

December 15, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  9. Emilee

A career that has caught my eyes is Writing stories and stuff. It is one of my favorite things to do. A few months ago, I spoke with the author Leah Wilcox and I really enjoyed her company.

December 15, 2010 at 6:12 pm |
  10. Selena

Well i have always wanted to be a geoligist so, and my grandpa is a geoligist so I ask him what it's like to be a geologist, I also go all over the place with him studying rocks and oil, and I love it!

December 15, 2010 at 6:15 pm |
  11. Nora

I like the report on the producers. It sounded very interesting.

December 15, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  12. Tim

I'm think that you should wait until you are older to decide what you want to be. By then, you will know what you are really interested in. When my friends tell me they are sure that they want to be something, I know that they will change their mind eventually.

December 15, 2010 at 6:44 pm |
  13. Carl

you should take a career field that interests you and that pays well..money is what makes everyone happy

December 15, 2010 at 6:56 pm |
  14. Aaron

My lifelong dream is to become an Actor. I have been in plays and the more I'm in them, the more I love Acting! I hope to attend the Academy of Art University in San Fransisco, CA. Then begin my career by starring in films and working on getting my Emmy and Golden Globe Awards.

December 15, 2010 at 7:05 pm |
  15. Ben

There are several that caught my eye. But, yes, I have contacted professional technology businesses in my town, and may end up working with them for an internship next year. These Career Connections gave me the idea to ask. Thanks.

December 15, 2010 at 7:32 pm |
  16. Raquel

Yes! I am trying to make on of my ultimate dreams come true, so why not start now? There's no time like the present.

December 15, 2010 at 7:34 pm |
  17. Tyler

No, I just want to be a kid for a while longer. I know the stuff that I get to do as a kid won't happn as an adult. Sometimes we have to just slow down.

December 15, 2010 at 7:37 pm |
  18. Gavin

No matter how young you are it is never a bad idea to have some thought about what you want to do as a profession, esspecially in these economic when good jobs are harder and harder to find.

December 15, 2010 at 7:47 pm |
  19. Olivia

I am making connections with professionals, my friend's aunt is a vet and that is what I want to be when I grow up.

December 15, 2010 at 7:59 pm |
  20. Tia

I, personally, am going to be a marine boilogist! But I also like the idea of being a journalist...I have been studying the natural art of sea life for three years, and you won't believe what I know!I even have my college planned out (because they have marine biology)! I especially feel comfortable around sea life (even sharks!) and love the idea.

December 15, 2010 at 8:01 pm |
  21. Tiffany

I take Journalism in school and its very fun,but I still would rather go into law as a lawyer. I dont have the fortunate chance of having connections with someone in the law fields,but I would love to,and its a way to make sure that that is the field that I would like to put my life into.

December 15, 2010 at 8:04 pm |
  22. giorg

My friends dad is Santa Claus and that is the career I want to pursue. Just need to gain some weight and put on a hat. I'm not gonna do something dumb that I hate!

December 15, 2010 at 8:18 pm |
  23. Brooke

I think Career Connections is a great idea. Im still not quite sure what I want to be but law is starting to spark my interest. In the future i hope to learn more about how our Gouverment works. I like things to be fair so I think I might make a good polotician one day

December 15, 2010 at 8:26 pm |
  24. Brent

I would say that being a Mechanic on cars. That would be the best job ever..

December 15, 2010 at 8:41 pm |
  25. Kabir

I want to become a business man or an investment banker. This is fun and exciting and appeals to my best character traits, intelligence and determination. I have been making connections with many people. My father for instance always gives me business advice. He has taught me a lot about investment banking, such as teaching me important lessons, or how to play golf. I cannot wait to join Goldman Sachs or Morgan Stanley.

December 15, 2010 at 9:11 pm |
  26. Karthik

I want to be technology engineer as I am passionate to technology and I love technology. I was inspired by a lot of movies, the fun things they do, and I was also inspired by my cousin brother.

December 15, 2010 at 9:14 pm |
  27. SeungJin

Diplomat is the career that I was interested in since I was in the elementary school. I have more possibility of becoming diplomat, because I study in overseas, which is great opportunity to meet with different cultures. Also, my English ability improves steady while I speak English with foreign students in my international school.

December 15, 2010 at 9:15 pm |
  28. Tom

I want to be in the law enforcement and be an FBI agent.

December 15, 2010 at 9:15 pm |
  29. Kane

I would want to be a artist or a game designer. This is because I grew up drawing sketches for fun and playing video games. Since I was small I have always wanted to make my own video game, I even started to draw levels for different games, when my friends and family saw my drawings they started to give me paints and colouring pencils to draw with. Only now in my teens have I started to really appreciate my drawings. Sadly I haven't connected with any professionals apart from my Uncle who designs drills for oil rigs.

December 15, 2010 at 9:15 pm |
  30. Natalie

I think it is totaly okay if you dont know what you want to be. I am still deciding too I still have a long time though!!

December 15, 2010 at 9:16 pm |
  31. JH AHN

When I was young, I wanted to be a dancer because I really liked to dance. Now, I want to be a flutist. I have been practicing the flute for three years and i found it interesting. I like it when I hear beautiful melody of other flutist playing. It is such a wonderful sound. I just want to play the flute with beautiful sound. I always try to practice harder and harder. I hope that I can improve more and more and so I can achieve my goal.

December 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm |
  32. SunHae

Presently, I am not yet quite sure about my career in the future. However, I believe I want to travel around the world when I am grown up and discover and experience new places on earth. I want to see different cultures (traditions, celebrations, etc) and the conditions of people in different places. I am sort of connecting to my career by watching a show on T.V. called Travel and Living where different hosts are visiting different places and exploring.

December 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm |
  33. Sarah

I would want to be a photographer or an artist. Personally I think art was a big interest to me when I was young. I was always drawing or painting. As I got older I grew an interest in photography. I was inspired in photography by looking at photos of nature and the world around us. Art on the other hand I loved how people can express their thoughts and emotions through paintings and drawings.

December 15, 2010 at 9:17 pm |
  34. NamHoon

From real life, I'm making career connections with professionals. I found my future from my parents and friends.

December 15, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  35. Pyungya

I was interested in being doctor since I was 1st Grade, and still I am. But now, actually I wanna be many things. Such as a hacker, programmer, and etc... almost about computer or programs. i want to make the world in my imagine as a game, I want to develop useful programs so that people can use my program. That will be big happy to me.

December 15, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  36. Min

In this time, I think i am sparked in engineering weapons. But i dont think i am not clearly making career connection with professionals in my interest to my dream.

December 15, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  37. Rahul

I want to be famous even if it requires work

December 15, 2010 at 9:19 pm |
  38. Elliot

I want to be a movie producer.

December 15, 2010 at 9:19 pm |
  39. John

I want to be a doctor, because i have a great passion for helping people. It is my dream to save as many lives as I can because I am dedicated to this cause. I have made many connections for this career, as my dad is a doctor and he always gives me advice.

December 15, 2010 at 9:20 pm |
  40. Karina

Ever since kindergarden I have wanted to be a paleontologist and in 4th grade I emailed back and forth with a paleontologist from Califronia; it was awesome to hear what they had to say. I also know someone who is a archeologist and he tells me about new finds he makes whenever I see him so that's really cool. I think it's really great to have connections with people who do what you think you want to do, even if you're not sure if it's what you'll end up doing!

December 15, 2010 at 9:22 pm |
  41. Abby

When I grow up, I would like to become a pediatric neurosurgeon. Unlike everyone else I don't mind blood and guts. The fact of looking at someones brains or their spinal cord makes me very excited!

December 15, 2010 at 9:40 pm |
  42. Beau

I think CNN has given me a whole lot of career choices, and i have explored them. Just wanted to say thank you CNN!

December 15, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  43. john

the career-connections you guys and gals have been inspireing me to be a news anchor

December 15, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  44. John

you guys at CNN student news headquarters have inspired and re-spark my inspiration to be a news anchor

December 15, 2010 at 10:35 pm |
  45. Angie

Well, I don't know what I'm gonna be, but I fell in love with T.V production since I ever choose it as an elective, so i suppose I would like to have something to do with that in the future. My favorite part has to be the producer's job. Mostly cause its cool and because I get nervous in front of a camera :(.

December 15, 2010 at 10:48 pm |
  46. rhianon

i want to be a singer.. i found this out in our school's talent show last year.

December 15, 2010 at 11:04 pm |
  47. Justin

I want to be a architect or a civil engineer.

December 15, 2010 at 11:16 pm |
  48. Brittney

no but somtimes you can do what you want and still love it even though you may not work in the proffesional fields!

December 15, 2010 at 11:25 pm |
  49. Olivia

For the last year I've had my heart set on being a trauma surgeon. My cousin is a doctor so she's been giving me guidelines and advice for following my dream.

December 15, 2010 at 11:36 pm |
  50. Judy

I looved the journalist edition!!!!!! My dream may be diffrent, but I would like to be a journalist someday, and report on everything my heart tells me to!

December 16, 2010 at 12:17 am |
  51. Page

I think it would be neat if you interviewed people who don't work for CNN, like authors or fast food cooks or doctors, because some people are interested in things that don't involve producing CNN Student News, even though it's awesome. But from out of the ones you did the Career Connections to... I'd have to say I forgot most of them! Sorry!

December 16, 2010 at 3:00 am |
  52. Sean.

The career that sparked my interest, is a scientist,president,and movie maker.In scientist I could make people's life more easier.In president I could control my nation Republic of Korea(South Korea).In movie maker I found it's fun.

December 16, 2010 at 3:25 am |
  53. marsha

We are exploring lots of different careers that won't require a four year degree. Taking a look at the economy and deciding what training, technical schools could help us get there. Also looking at GREEN careers!

December 16, 2010 at 7:20 am |
  54. Kelsey

actially no because i want to wait until i get to that point in life then i'll start looking for a job. because now i want to enjoy being a kid for as long as i can. and we just did a project in our school that we had to do a news report on one of the presidents.

December 16, 2010 at 7:40 am |
  55. Kelsey

Also people always ask little kids what they want to be when they grow up and they always say firefighter and police man/woman of princess but they realize that as they grow up that that job isn't all that it is cracked up to be. by the way when i wasgrowing up i wanted to be a horse and i dont think that that is going to happen.

December 16, 2010 at 7:57 am |
  56. Kelsey

sorry for all of the comments but i also think that is important that you are showing all of the jobs arround your studio but what if you went out on a limb and went to a vet or something and say how it is with them or maybe a police...

December 16, 2010 at 7:59 am |
  57. Paul

I'm not really sure, i kinda just want to help people, like people who used to self injure themselves or people who still do, and try to help them. And to not be like all the other people who say its a disease, cause really that's wrong.

December 16, 2010 at 8:14 am |
  58. Cal

I want to be a singer. I have worked hard and when I see the new people on the radio I just wonder what would it be like to be exactly like that. Thank you for your time.

December 16, 2010 at 8:31 am |
  59. coleton

i have always followed my dream to become an archeologest. i want make important dicoveries.

December 16, 2010 at 9:24 am |
  60. RAQUEL

Ever since i was littler as a kid i have always wanted to be a vet. But now that im older im still into being a vet but im open to different options that i prefer. Now i want to do something that can help people so i cant make a change. I have also wanted to do something with music but also helping people. Ive seen that there is a career that you can be a music therapist. Also i want to be able to write books.

December 16, 2010 at 9:48 am |
  61. brenda

Not lot's of people know what they want to do yet and it's okay. Some people don't know what they want to do until they are in their last two years of college. I think that it's okay because no one can tell us what we have to be or when we have to know when to decide. If you pick a job and you don't like it you can always pick another one and there is nothing wrong with it. We all have different opinions and it really doesn't matter what anyone says.

December 16, 2010 at 9:50 am |
  62. estefania

Well many people do not know what they want to be/ the carreer they would like like I dont know what I want to be. And a lot of people really never figure out untill they are about to get out of college.

December 16, 2010 at 9:52 am |
  63. Moose

Here are some interests from my 5th grade class: doctor, video game designer, soldier, marine biologist, teachers, artist, professional photographer, and zoologist. Thank you! We really enjoy the news!

December 16, 2010 at 9:57 am |
  64. Jenna

i think you should do more than just CNN stuff. i want to be a fashion styler when i get older so i am bored to death.

December 16, 2010 at 10:08 am |
  65. Lane

I ink it would be important to have a caree choice in mind to know what you want to do in the future.

December 16, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  66. Drew

Professional Skatboarding, or something involving skateboarding that can support my family.

December 16, 2010 at 10:37 am |

A carrier that has sparked my interest is about cars I want to be a mechanic. I really like the roar the smell and the look of muscle cars.

December 16, 2010 at 10:37 am |
  68. Martin

This career had been a spark since a little child and it would be the navy seals. I always found it fascination to stay in shape and i just like doing jobs around there or pretty much join the army and be a boxer in the army.

December 16, 2010 at 10:38 am |
  69. Jahlil

I think I would want to be a stockholder and have a business too. It would really be something that would help support my family when I become married. I know my family would be proud since a lot of them had a hard time with working.

December 16, 2010 at 10:40 am |
  70. Chelse

The Career that i have been thinking about this year is in the Navy. i would love to be a Career Counselor for them because i love the navy and what it has to offer also that it should you respect and much more.

December 16, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  71. Caitlin

I want to be a 2nd grade teacher! It's easy for me to investigate this career – I just observe my current teachers!

December 16, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  72. Cailyn

When I grow up i wanna be famous i wanna be a star mostly i wanna be a singer and a teacher but i dont know if i wanna be a music teacher beacause i dont know how to teacher singing class ITS 2 MUCH WORK OK!!!!!!!!!!!

December 16, 2010 at 11:14 am |
  73. Kurai

I don't really know.....I guess graphic design would be a good career to get into because I'm really into drawing anime and graphic designers get to create their own animes. And to answer the other question, no I don't know any graphic designers. I have never met one but I think it would be a fun job.

December 16, 2010 at 11:20 am |
  74. Tiffany

I would like to become a lawyer Or a veternarian

December 16, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  75. Evan

I wish to get into the Engeneering career. This is the best for me because i like being around computers and learning on how to repair, fix, and rebuild them as well. I have been using computers all my life from desktops with a the mouse with the ball on the bottom, to laptops with touchpads.

December 16, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  76. gabriel

ever since i was little i wanted to be in the military or a musician

December 16, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  77. Kristine

The carrer I'm going for is either cosmotology or orthadonist. Either one will make me happy.

December 16, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  78. Austin

I am looking forward to being a photographist. The pay is good and most of the time get to go and see things that others don't.

December 16, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  79. Jeffery

The carreer i whis to get into is to be officer of the law. i like the idea of helping people out with their prolems and keeping criminals off the streets.

December 16, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  80. tacolicious

I always wanted to be a news anchorman like carl, or a producer who gets to tell everyone what to do. You guys should do a career conections about the producer.

December 16, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  81. Victoria,.

Career Connection's made me think about what occupations do strike me as fun or fascinating or interesting becuase I want to have a job where I'm excited to go to work everyday and I think that if I worked with animal's of the wildlife it would be my passion because a dream of mine is opening my own clinic for any animal's that is open 24 hour's and 7 day's a week becuase the joy of knowing I helping other people or animal's mean's the most to me. So I hope that I can one day persue this dream when I'm in college and when I go to High School next year, start learning about it in advance.

December 16, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  82. Cassie

I want to be a Cosmetologist or an accountant. Because I love doing those things and it would be awesome to do what I love and get payed for doing it.

December 16, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  83. Tristan

The main field that has sparked my interest would have to be the medical field. I've always been a helpful person and my grades help to. Since i was 4 I've always wanted to pursue a career as an Orthodontist or a Children's Doctor.

December 16, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  84. DaeQuan

I want to be a professional football or basketball player but if that doesn’t work I got to think of a back up plan.

December 16, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  85. destiney

a career i won't when i grow up i am going to be a profeneshel basketball player and a vet i love basket ball and i love animales the vet will be my back up career

December 16, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  86. ♥Kim♥

well i dont really know what career i want but i was thinking about being a vet. but im not really shur so I geuss that I will find out later on in life!!

December 16, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  87. Ivey

I want to be an interior designer. I'm not making any connections, but I watch a lot of TV shows that focus on interior design to give me ideas.

December 16, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  88. Ciara

Since I was in 6th grade, I always wanted to be a veterinarian. I have realized now that this a career that I would like to pursue. I love animals and I know that it would be something good for me to do. I also have wanted to do something in the performing arts area because I love to sing.

December 16, 2010 at 11:42 am |
  89. nicolas

i think this is a great idea because young people could have a look into thier future if they have that kind of job and see if they like it or not

December 16, 2010 at 11:53 am |
  90. Kevin

I decided I wanted to be in the ministry field, particularly as a pastor.

December 16, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  91. Devan

pro skier

December 16, 2010 at 12:55 pm |
  92. josh

hi i want to be a police officer but a reporter sounds cool

December 16, 2010 at 12:59 pm |
  93. Josh

I want to be a Marine Biologists

December 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  94. Steven

The career i have always wanted is to be an artist.I have been drawing since I was 3,and I am getting better and better.Hope I succeed!

December 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  95. Ben

When I grow up, I want to be a civil engineer. I want to like to design bridges for people. i want to make decorations on bridges and have each one have a theme.

December 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  96. Conner

I want to move to australia and provide a snake breeding buisnes and an anti venom center.

December 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  97. Rosie

I don't know what i want to be, but if will hopefully have to do with photography because I love to use a camera.

December 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  98. hebby

i think you should do more career connections on things like police officers

December 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  99. John

i want to be a rich man on the news and in magazines

December 16, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  100. Morgan

I'm thinking about working with animals like a vet or something like that. I also like beauty and makeup so maybe something like that too. I've thought about it a little bit but not that much to choose.

December 16, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  101. Monique

I'm thinking about becoming a video game designer. I've talked to someone who has that job and she said that it was really fun and not that hard if you know what your doing. I love to draw made up stuff and I'm sure that I can take those drawings and put them in a video game.

December 16, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  102. Kassandra

I want to be a veterinarian because I have a passion for animals.

December 16, 2010 at 1:02 pm |

The career i have always been interested in is being a forensic scientist. I like how busy they seem. To some people being busy is nothing to look forward to but it is to me. 🙂

December 16, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  104. Olivia

I want to be in the ARMY because its in the family and my oldest brother is in but my other two brothers are to weak and they want to do others things with their lives so i am going to persue the family trait! 🙂

December 16, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  105. debby

i am so mad do more career connections

December 16, 2010 at 1:04 pm |
  106. Ethan

The career i would like to do would be an architecht and i do design houses for fun. The style is mostliy contempoary of modern.

December 16, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  107. Lexi

The careers that have sparked my interest are the high paying ones where i dont need to do a lot of hardwork, maybe an assistant, or working for a magazine, editor or something that has good benefits and hopefully get free stuff:)

December 16, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  108. robert

a carer that i have an interest in is a police man. i like this because then i will make a lot of money.

December 16, 2010 at 1:37 pm |
  109. Marcus

I want to make video games that's the only thing i want to do right now.

December 16, 2010 at 1:38 pm |
  110. Tsai

I' confusing that I don't know who I actually want to be......but the job i wanted to do may be a job that contributes to others or, the world. So I thought about being a cook or a journalist. After watching CNN student news, I have more idea about career, but still not understand what should I really do.

December 16, 2010 at 1:52 pm |
  111. josh

the medical feild has really got me thinking the last few mounths what if i can take a chance at saving peoples lives while following my dream

December 16, 2010 at 2:05 pm |
  112. Marie

Honestly I do not feel connected; this is a good idea to give people an idea on careers. However it only has to do with jobs in journalism. I personally would like to see a variety of jobs such a chief, doctor, police officer, not just news personnel.

December 16, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
  113. Whitney

I want to be a vet. I love animals and working with them. I want to do something fun, not just sit in an office all day.

December 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  114. [Taylor]

I want to be a cosmetologist when I finish college; the people that have inspired me most are the ones that have helped me with all my hair problems in the past. They have been a great influence on my life, they mean a lot to me, and I want to be just like them! 🙂

December 16, 2010 at 2:23 pm |
  115. preston

Im thinking about bieng a football star
    but I"m only 12 years old so I steal have
    a long time live.

December 16, 2010 at 2:27 pm |
  116. DeLoNdRiA

i wanna be a singer,dancer, hair stylist

December 16, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
  117. Gil

I personally want to be a professional soccer player for Manchester United and also i will do anything that does with technology or a marine biologist

December 16, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
  118. Devin

I want to have a successful future. I want to be a professional chef and athlete.

December 16, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  119. Dylan

Honestly I'd be willing to do anything that requires anything but garbage jobs (no offense to garage men) or anything that can injure me badly or could kill me such as military (maybe the military) coal miner, or anything like that.

December 16, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  120. Kaceadilla

I personally want to be a CSI or FBI agent my friends are saying that I have to be a Police Officer first. I love finding out crimes and investigating.

December 16, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
  121. Daniel

The only job i want is to play video games for money like Mass effect games [Prototypes] and Fable games. 😀

krogans are epic!

December 16, 2010 at 2:38 pm |
  122. Bob

A career that interest me is a football player. I want to be a professional football player and make a lot of touchdowns. I want to have teamwork and have a good team.

December 16, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  123. Prince

Iv always wanted to be a Dancer. >:3 But if i ever wanted to get a real job it would be a Astronomer. They are both very interesting jobs and not a lot of you people would not choose that

December 16, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  124. 22

every day i change my mind what i want to be when i grow up .

December 16, 2010 at 2:41 pm |
  125. :D

When i get older I want to go off and be a docter. And im going to make millions! 😀

December 16, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  126. Savanah

I would like to be an Environmental Scientist because I love the environment and I hope to improve our future. We want to live longer on Earth and that's not going to happen if we just sit around and wait for it to get better by ourselves. I also want to become a poet. It's a passion I love, you can express yourself in so many ways.

December 16, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  127. Kierra

I may not be connected with any professionals ..............but that does not stop me from becoming one.A professional track star.

December 16, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  128. Diane

One student is interested in the area of Wildlife. Another looking into the area of nursing and caring for others. One other student is looking at working with juveniles and providing guidance to our youth.
    Lastly, we have a student interested in the area of personal protection such as a body guard.
    All areas that are interesting.

December 16, 2010 at 3:05 pm |
  129. jeremy

yes i want to be a game maker and every one can bee what they wont to be

December 16, 2010 at 3:09 pm |
  130. Brooke

The careers that have sparked my interest are all of the acting ones. I like to act and I hope it is going to be part of my future. But, I also want a Job where I can make a difference in the world. Some kids know what they want to be and some kids don't. I am one of the ones that hope, but, can never acctually know if I want the job or not!

December 16, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  131. Scotty

I'm making career connections in the military.I've already spoke to a recruiter.

December 16, 2010 at 3:18 pm |
  132. Brooke

Career Conections is a good idea. It lets kids that are not sure what they want to be when they grow up explore the choices. But, some kids like me do know what they want to be. The jobs that spark to most kids are the highpaying ones. But, to me I want a job were I can make a difference in the world. I suggest that you start doing jobs outside of the News buisness. Try and explore.

December 16, 2010 at 3:29 pm |
  133. Tyler

December 16, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  134. Afroguy14

Anything that has to do with making people laugh. Or junk food. Yea.

December 16, 2010 at 3:38 pm |
  135. Sami

I don't know what I want my ocupation to be when I am older. But I don't think that, that is such a bad thing. I just want to do what I love, and getting paid to do it would be a big bonus.

December 16, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  136. Melissa

Ever since i watched Carl Azuz on CNN Student News in 6th grade, i always wanted to be an anchor. I thought it was so intresting and so much fun.

December 16, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  137. Julia

I have always wanted to be a spy, I know that spying isn't like a James Bond adventure, but I want to make the world a better place by having a job like that. If that doesn't work out then I would just go into the feild of archeology, because I love to study things that happened a long time ago.

December 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  138. Julia

When I was younger I liked to go out and spy. I would hide in the bushes and sit there and wait for someone to come by so that I could try to find out what they were doing. So I determinde a while ago that I would go into the world of secrets, lies, gizmoes ,and spies.

December 16, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
  139. kyheem

i think my occupation would be a nfl player, because the get payed like 45.million dollars a single game so that is what my occupation wolud be

December 16, 2010 at 4:26 pm |
  140. alex

i think i would like to be a journalist because i love to write and not only here the news but tell it as well. i also think that being a teacher would be awsome my teacher is the best one i have ever had so that inspired me plus i love kids.

December 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm |
  141. Lacey

I want to be an accountant because numbers are really fun and easy for me to work with but alot of people think its boring because its requirs a lot of math and they think thats all you do but its actually more exciting you learn alot of things just from doing company taxes that you never thought you would know about the company

December 16, 2010 at 5:03 pm |
  142. Manya

I want to become an orthopedist because I want to help people if they broke a bone or something like that. Really, I would want to become any type of doctor except ......a vet.

December 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  143. Paul

Personally, I want to invent something that everyone needs. Like ice cream that only melts in your mouth instead of your hand!

December 16, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  144. Kyle

When i grow up i want to be famous i want to be a star i want to be in movies! :X

December 16, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  145. Lucille

I would like to be a deplomat, and if I can't do that, then I would like to be a translater, someone who translate besides the tops at important meetings, and my particular area of language is French, English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese.
    But I'm not 100 percent sure about this
    maybe I'll just be a regular mom lol

December 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm |
  146. William

There are alot of really good jobs out there, but I think it would be cool to work with foreign affairs. I understand the economy right now, I understand some other cultures, and I am a fast learner, so I can learn languages.

December 16, 2010 at 5:51 pm |
  147. justin

I would love to be an artist, or maybe if not i could be a quest teacher like my favorite teacher. If you guys could get more careers piled up maybe it would give all the kids that watch your show a better idea. If i get a dream job from an idea on your show i will be so very grateful.

December 16, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  148. Persia

I've always wanted to learn sign language and teach to deaf people. I think it is a good way to help the community and the kids who don't have that oppertunity.

December 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  149. preston

anything that has to with making people laugh more by have CNN student news. merry chrismas

December 16, 2010 at 6:14 pm |
  150. Keaton

I have to say that I want to be a paramedic when i get old enough! Merry Christmas to all!!!!!

December 16, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  151. Kaela

does it really matter what job that you take, if it is a job that you like then you shouldnt let anybody bother you.

December 16, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  152. Bren

I would like to be a zoologist because, i love animals and want to work with them.

December 16, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  153. Payton

I love television and entertaining members of my class, but I couldn't see myself doing journalism, well at least not news. I enjoy the more behind the scenes work.

December 16, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  154. Steven

I think the best carreer conection is the investigation reporter. They get to see, interview, and even investigate some very big stories. Some people (like me) consider them lucky.

December 16, 2010 at 6:43 pm |
  155. Mackenzie

When i grow up, i can see myself acting or singing, because it has always sparked my intrest. And even though im to young to pick my career yet, this will always be something i am devoted to. Have you always wanted to be a reporter? Because you do a absolutley great job at it, and it seems like you have been doing it for a while. Merry Christmas to all at CNN!!

December 16, 2010 at 6:43 pm |
  156. Timothy

Right now, I can see myself directing a band and choir. I have loved music for my whole life, and listening to music all day sounds delightful. Though working with inanimate objects may be easier, working with people can be a challenge, and I enjoy challenges. I have few career connections, but between my awesome director, and my self-dedication, I believe I'll be able to do it.

December 16, 2010 at 7:06 pm |
  157. Austin

I am interested in becoming a lawyer and i wanted 2 become an artist but im not sure about that yet. It just hurts me to see all these kids with great potential that do nothing with there life, its really upsetting..

December 16, 2010 at 7:10 pm |

When i was younger i always wanted to do something that'll make me famous but then i wanted to be a pediatrician but later on i wanted to be a teacher.

December 16, 2010 at 7:11 pm |
  159. Hunter

In the sixth grade, 8 people made a school newspaper that covered just about everything you do. Getting some advise a step above that was a nice rollover from one job to the next

December 16, 2010 at 7:38 pm |
  160. Hunter

I love watching Storm Chasers on Discovery Channel, and now i want to go and chase tornadoes just like the characters on that show

December 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm |
  161. Hunter

When I grow up, I see myself as a marine, because it always caught my eye since i was 4 or 5 years old.

December 16, 2010 at 7:43 pm |
  162. Cameron

I have taken a bid intrest in being a math professer. I like math and algebra a lot so want to teach it. Math is just A LOT of FUN! 🙂 So is algebra.

December 16, 2010 at 7:46 pm |
  163. James

I would like to be a engineer, because I loved to build with Legos. And I made great creations. After I took the online test is it I'd be great at mechanical work.

December 16, 2010 at 7:55 pm |
  164. Yeom

It`s ashame that there are any sence of consulting students about their career in my country. We just study for 18 years to get accepted from so called the university and then think about our future job by OURSELVES. I`m so jealous that the guys below my comments have a goal to achieve.

December 16, 2010 at 7:56 pm |
  165. Elli

The career that I want is a to be a vet so that I can help animals and then I can get a lot of money.

December 16, 2010 at 8:03 pm |
  166. Elise

Walt Disney is my idol. He became a rich & famous cartoonist, so he created Disneyland: the happiest place on earth. So, he was also an architect. When I grow up, I hope that I can build my own theme park or make a great cartoon.

December 16, 2010 at 8:06 pm |
  167. Riley

When I grow up I want to be a Meteorlogist or an anchor/reporter i like the news and weather i think its cool and a fun job because you can meet all diffrent tyeps of pepole and a meteorlogist is a fun job to you can study about the weather and tell pepole about the weather. Thats what i want to be when i grow up!

Happy Holidays to all the cnn team!!!

December 16, 2010 at 8:36 pm |

All jobs are often hard ones, it doesn't depend on whether you're happy with your job or hate it, you just have to make sure you get enough money.

P.S. I would like to become a Computer Programer

December 16, 2010 at 8:46 pm |
  169. Madison

I would like to become a police women. There aren't any really good police people in my neck of the woods, but if I the oppertunity, I would take it in a heart beat. But if im not "good enough",I'll try to become a doctor in the E.R. I've been to the E.R. before and it wasn't a pleasnt experience. I'll try to make that different.

December 16, 2010 at 8:48 pm |
  170. Isaac

i want to be an engineer when i grow up

December 16, 2010 at 8:53 pm |
  171. Jessica

I am definitely interested in the advertising industry. It is a growing industry, what with all the commercials, and internet ads I think it could be a fun career. I’ve yet to make career connections, but I hope to apply for an internship sometime in the near future!

December 16, 2010 at 9:00 pm |
  172. Cindy

When I grow up I want to be a doctor. Doctor may be a very tiring job and can be stressful sometimes too depending on what doctor you plan to be. However, being a doctor really interest me in many ways. When my brothers got injured, i always the person first one my brother come to. I love the feeling when you help someone out from there injury, just like putting a small bandage could make me feel happy. It made me feel like a super heroe. That is the main reason I want to be a doctor.

December 16, 2010 at 9:21 pm |
  173. Isabel

When I grow up I would like to be a professinal dancer or maybe even a Vet.

December 16, 2010 at 9:54 pm |
  174. Austin

I think career connections is a good idea. I think I’m going to go to college for welding, because its something that I like to do.

December 16, 2010 at 10:10 pm |
  175. Ryan

When I grow up I would be so proud if I became an actor. I take every opportunity to practice, I am in the school drama club and take a lot of time to learn about acting and different skills and Merry Christmas Carl!

December 16, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  176. Emma

I am not exactly sure what my career will be. Stuck. Stuck. Stuck.

December 16, 2010 at 10:13 pm |
  177. Mae

I hope to be a philanthropist. One thing that has always been on my mind is helping others. One thing that has been on my mind is education. Education is something here in America, most kids these days take for granted while there are kids and young adults in other countries yearn for one. I wish to start a non-profit organization where I could help those in need of an education because everyone deserves an education.

December 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm |
  178. bill

When i grow up, i can see myself acting or singing, because it has always sparked my intrest. And even though im to young to pick my career yet, this will always be something i am devoted to. Have you always wanted to be a reporter?

December 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm |
  179. Matt

I always wanted to be a Major League Soccer player.I'm even trying out for a team in high school. But, I also want to be a game tester for my back up job just in case I don't make the team......

December 16, 2010 at 11:00 pm |
  180. Dylan

When i grow up, I want to be a professional drummer in a band! Right now I just had a band concert and did a drum solo and it was fun! If that doesn't happen, i would like to be an NFL player because ive always liked to play football, whether its flag, tackle, two hand touch or any other type! Merry Christmas Cnn!!

December 16, 2010 at 11:09 pm |
  181. Shelly

I've always wanted to become an emt. I've grown up in a fire station most my life, so i no the basics on the training.

December 17, 2010 at 1:04 am |

182. im a chinese boy,i want to be a mathematician.
    i pay close attention to CNN student news, i just want to say:
    Merry Christmas to all at CNN!

December 17, 2010 at 6:54 am |
  183. Ben

I have always wanted to be a politician. For about two years, I was very passionate about politics without knowing very much. Now, I am learning all I can learn and reading all I can get my hands on. Just finished "The Everything Economics Book" by David A. Mayer. Definitely recommend it. It's just so exciting to feel like your a part of the world around you.

December 17, 2010 at 8:06 am |
  184. andrew

i would love to be an author because it's always been an interest of me to write short stories and i would love to do more.

December 17, 2010 at 9:30 am |
  185. Morgan

I'm undecided on what career I want to go into at the moment. I think anything to do with business would be a flexible choice and allow me to go into several different areas.

December 17, 2010 at 10:02 am |
  186. Adam

IDK why there are all related to the news field although its intresiting but theres many different people with many different intrests and not all of them want to be in the news field switch it up some

December 17, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  187. Marissa

I really dont know what I want to be I have many things in mind that im intrested in like hair stylest, makeup artist, elementary school teacher.

December 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  188. Jessica

I use to want to be a vet but now i don't know what im going to do. But for one thing im not going to be an anchor woman who makes puns.

December 17, 2010 at 12:29 pm |
  189. nick

i have wanted to go in to the U.S.A.F

December 17, 2010 at 12:40 pm |
  190. Dominick

The tattoo business has always sparked my intrest. Ive always liked them since i was a little kid, i feel its a way to express your feelings. Plus its something really intresting to learn to do. I have been making connections with some local tattoo artists to see what it takes to become one. I really enjoy art so I feel that a tattoo artist is a great way to share your art with other people.

December 17, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  191. Chris

Know job is worth killing yourself over, find something you like to do and enjoy the job.

December 17, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
  192. Allison

I have always seen myself growing up and becoming a lawyer, or maybe even an actuary. Either way, my goal has always been Ivy League all the way and just because I don't know anyone that has actually gone to Harvard, Purdue, Princeton, or any other I.L., I am still chasing after my dream and hope everyone else can, too.

December 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm |
  193. brianna

i have wanted to become a vet ever since i could remember. i love to be around animals. i feel like i can understand them... and they understand me.. i do have a sort of "social problem" because i dont like to be around people i dont know.. and even some of my realetives. i just dont shy away from animals as i do people.. 🙂

December 17, 2010 at 2:28 pm |
  194. alex

a career that i find interesting is Architecture, i find the work entertaining and creative i would recommend it to people who design houses or find construction interesting

December 17, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
  195. Claire

I what to be a EGYPTTOLIGST!!!!!!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 3:22 pm |
  196. johnny

if the dream act is approved i want to become a dentist or a computer engineer because i want to be like bill gats

December 17, 2010 at 3:32 pm |
  197. Kayla

Since I was young I have always wanted to be a dancer. If that doesn't work out I would pick to be a lawyer.

December 17, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
  198. Andrew

When I grow up I see myself helping people see better Happ Hanukkah Kwnanza andchristmas to all of you guys at CNN

December 17, 2010 at 4:05 pm |
  199. ki-jana

well people keep doing that so that keep that there jobs.

December 17, 2010 at 4:19 pm |
  200. Lauren

I really want to become a teacher or most likely a writer. I think it is important to have back up plans but that doesn't mean to give up on your dream when it gets tuff. 🙂 Merry Christmas CNN!!!!!

December 17, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  201. Lilly

I have given thought to becoming a journalist and I have entered contests and other things that will help me do that. people might not think that you can do much for your career when your young, but you can really do a lot if you put your mind to it.

December 17, 2010 at 8:01 pm |
  202. Chase

When I grow up i want to be a video game designer because a totally own at games and think i it would be a good cerer to invest in

December 17, 2010 at 8:04 pm |
  203. alantis

The career I like to do is to work at Russ Darrow when I get out of college its pretty hard but thats what I want to do when I grow up and be a women with 2 kids maybe

December 17, 2010 at 8:11 pm |
  204. Jennie

I want to be a Crime Scene Investigator, it has just always been interesting! My Mother and I watch Nancy Grace every night, I watch C.S.I and N.C.I.S, I think I have seen most of them! When I think about the children who have to die in order for me to do the job it would make me sad. When you see that person laying in the morgue you could almost cry! Thinking about how someone could get murdered it makes me sick. Especially babies and children! Although you may not realize how good we have it. Merry Christmas CNN!

December 17, 2010 at 10:50 pm |
  205. Allana

I would LOVE to be a lawyer because I am AMAZING at arguing when it comes to logic!!!

December 18, 2010 at 1:29 am |
  206. Narrik

A few yars from now i see myself as a engineer or arciteque becaues i love to build and and draw new things that can help with are daily life and I'll be able to wake up to a job i like every morning instaed of hateing every thing about it.

December 18, 2010 at 7:02 am |
  207. Narrik

when I was a kid i always wanted to be a firefighter but now I want to be engineer because I will beable to help build things that make life a whole lot easier and because I love to build, draw, and I am very creative.

December 18, 2010 at 7:07 am |
  208. Kimberlly

Well when I grow up i would like to become a nurse to help other people but if that doesn't happen i would like to become a singer:)

December 18, 2010 at 10:13 am |
  209. Joyce

I think the best career for me is becoming a swimmer . Like, I can travel all over the world going to swim meets, and it's probably free. Swimming has always made me better at thinking, being competitive, and most of all, it changed me. But I am too young right now. If that does not work out, then I am going to be a writer. Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, and Happy Hannukah!!

December 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm |
  210. haley

i would love to be a actress because playing rolls and being different

December 18, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  211. Courtney

When i grow up I want to become a bioligist and study dolphins. I think it would be a blast to study these amazing mammals.

December 18, 2010 at 1:57 pm |
  212. Kellee

I can see myself with several different possible careers. Using my drawing skills, I either could be a graphic artist, or a video game designer. I also see myself as a professional actress, because I take acting lessons.

December 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm |
  213. Daniel

I've been wanting to cook all my life but everyone needs a backup in case of something happens. If that were to happen I would become a firefighter. I am going to pursue my drems and try but if I where to fall I will get back up.

December 18, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  214. Daniel

I've been wanting to cook all my life but everyone needs a backup in case of something happens. If that were to happen I would become a firefighter. I am going to pursue my drems and try but if I were to fall I will get back up.

December 18, 2010 at 5:03 pm |

I think you should focus more on the people who arent on camra. They are just as important as you all on camra.They make the show happen.

December 18, 2010 at 6:53 pm |
  216. ryan

i want to be a football player

December 18, 2010 at 8:04 pm |
  217. harley

sence i want to be a photographer i hang wit my uncle who is

December 18, 2010 at 9:01 pm |
  218. Eric

When I grow up I see and want to be a Computer Engineer. It'll probaly be a great job considering how fast technology is growing and it is one of a average human's main uses. I like going on the Computer going on countless websites myself and I use computers for hours.

December 19, 2010 at 12:34 am |
  219. Kim

I want to be a teacher. I am using my projects in class to practice teaching the other students. I try to learn the best I can so I can become a teacher. I think everyone should try this hard to become what they want to be.

December 19, 2010 at 9:35 am |
  220. Davis

When I grow up, first I am going to go to college at the air force academy. The I would like to be a business and marketing executive for a fortune 500 company.

December 19, 2010 at 12:33 pm |

I think one career that i could see myself as would be a teacher or a chef. I love cooking and being in the kitchen, but i also adore children. These would be jobs of my interest.

December 19, 2010 at 1:12 pm |
  222. kira

one career that has gotten my attention, is being a lawyer! i've always been like that ever since i was 5!!!! i love arguing against others. i love being nosey. and WINNING!! layer is what i WILL be when i grow up.

December 19, 2010 at 7:52 pm |
  223. shea

when i grow up i want to be a police officer because i want to see how people act and i want to help the people who make bad decisisouns.

December 19, 2010 at 8:18 pm |

I have wanted to be a reporter since i was in 10th grade. I Love to talk and i have always been inquisitive. Hence i figured that would be the best career option for me. After all, its something i know i will always enjoy doing 🙂

December 20, 2010 at 3:17 am |
  225. Seth

I'd love to be an author when I grow up. I love to write adventurous stories. Not that I would make millions, but I would give some to charity and to the economy.My mom said I was born with a pencil in my hand. Merry Chrismas to all, and to all a good night!

December 20, 2010 at 7:41 am |
  226. Seth

I'd love to be an author when I grow up. I love to write adventurous stories. Not that I would make millions, but I would give some to charity and to the economy.My mom said I was born with a pencil in my hand. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

December 20, 2010 at 7:47 am |
  227. Shilpa

I have wanted to be a reporter since i was in grade 10. Since i was a kid I've loved talk and I am pretty inquisitive by nature. So i think this career is right for me. I'm very sure i always enjoy doing it 🙂

December 20, 2010 at 8:52 am |
  228. Shawn

When I was growing up, I never knew what I wanted to be. But now being in high school and figuring out what life might have in store for me, I finally figured what I want to be. I want to be a park ranger or a game warden. I love the outdoors and I love dealing with the environment.

December 20, 2010 at 9:25 am |
  229. caitlynn

when i grow up i want to act or sing but as i get older i realize that im smart enough to do almost anything and that i probably need to get real so as another career i want to be able to pursue is a proffensional photographer because im always holding a camera and my sister has taught me that when you take photgraphs it helps show people more about you and what you like!

December 20, 2010 at 3:36 pm |
  230. Paige

Honestly I have not found any careers that have sparked my interest. I am neutral about most anything. I do, however belive that school is important and I plan to go on to college to finish generals and hopefully find something that does spark my interest. Thank you for adding these career connections, maybe it will help me find my career!

December 20, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
  231. Claire

When I grow up, I would like to become a lawyer. I love to read and debate, plus I could help people defend themselves.

December 20, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  232. crystal

when i grow up i want to be a make-up artist

December 20, 2010 at 7:06 pm |
  233. vidalia

i always wanted to be a person that helps people with their problem because i don't want any one to go through of what i went thro in my life an so i can make a difference with any kind of problem

December 20, 2010 at 9:39 pm |
  234. hannah

cooking has have sparked my interest i've wanted to be a cook in preschool my preschool book said i wanted to be a cook but i eventually forgot and lead on to other but it eventually found me again,my mom's friend has a friend that is a pastry chef and i talk to him

December 20, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  235. Elizabeth

I would LOVE to be a special education teacher because my little brother and little sister are down syndrome. I love to be with kids, especially with special needs kids.

December 21, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  236. Even

I am and also I found out that I wanted to be a pilot when I got older and I figured that out in 8th grade when we did a career connections thing in school and now I'm a freshmen thinking about becoming a pilot.

December 21, 2010 at 11:54 am |
  237. Claire

When I grow up I want to open my own bakery.

December 21, 2010 at 12:16 pm |
  238. Kaylee

For the last 2-3 years I have wanted to be a pediatrician. I still want too.
    I really wish I could see someone about it but I cant. I remember when I was young, I had a great doctor. The Doctor was really nice and she would always talk me through whatever we were doing. I was never scared because I knew that she wouldnt hurt me. I want to be a pediatrician that can deal with young children, like me at that time, very easily. I'm pretty good at dealing with children because I babysit. I hope that I can see someone to help me with this so that I wont have such a tough time through college.

December 21, 2010 at 2:19 pm |
  239. Emma

I'm not sure what I want to be but I would like to be a singer, an actor, a writer or cook. But it dosen't matter to me, all I want to do is go to college.

December 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm |
  240. Annette

I want to become an idol, but if I can't, an entrepreneur. I love to sing a great deal.

December 21, 2010 at 3:19 pm |
  241. Jessie

The Career Conection reports were great and I could look at a variety of jobs and what they specifically do. However, there were no jobs I had any interest in. Like a deplomat. author, maybe laywer. I believe that CNN should do a survey of the most popular jobs and do reports on those jobs instead

December 21, 2010 at 7:24 pm |
  242. Kaitlynn

Right now, I'm working on trying to become an actress/singer/model. I am in a modeling industry.
    I would also be interested in becoming a writer or even go into Pharmacy relm as well; I love math and science!

December 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
  243. Kalie

I want to be a lot of things but right now i want to be a teacher or someone who designs homes.

December 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm |
  244. Dylan

Every one wants a Awsome Job but no one really knows till they grow up! me im going to sit backand watch all the people i know go ahead while i wait for them. It's my desicion but you know i can wait for someone to let me know it's m time to go get a job:) 😄 😀 X_X X)

December 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm |

Everyone has wishes about what they are going to do in the future, but some of them may change during some times when they are older and have matured.

December 22, 2010 at 8:55 pm |

People always have dreams and wishes for their jobs and future, but most, lke me, don't know until they are more mature.

December 22, 2010 at 8:57 pm |

I'm just goign to say it, but I have no idea what I am going to do when I am older. Maybe a geologist, but seriously, who knows what jobs are going to open up for them in the future.

December 22, 2010 at 8:58 pm |
  248. Marisa

I want to be an interior designer.:)

December 23, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  249. nicholas

I want to be a vet really bad. i love animals and i want to help them the best i can. It also seams fun to be one.

December 24, 2010 at 1:28 pm |
  250. austen

carl my intrest is in welding it is a fun working place

December 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm |
  251. tiffani

I wont to be a vet photographer or a singer/ actress

December 25, 2010 at 10:44 pm |
  252. Sara

I think you should choose your job or career based ono what you love. Nojust something you do well at. But Sometimes that is hard when there are very limited options. This is why I have an open list of careers. But my dream job is to be an editor.

December 26, 2010 at 12:31 pm |
  253. LaVar

Culinary has always been my field of interest since like first grade. I think with the economy is going people will always have to eat. so it's a smart career choice that is all over the world and soon maybe space!

December 26, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  254. britt

i hope i get a decent job and for the people who have good paying jobs your lucky.

December 26, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  255. Emilyann

When I grow up I want to be a rapper, I know I most likely won't get it and I'm open to more options so the only way I can get money is betting I'll win some Black Ops game or something on XBox. But when I graduate High School I'll have 2 years of college already done and then I get a scholorship to a university for my BB degree; I hope to get a scholorship in Music.

December 27, 2010 at 8:37 am |
  256. Kara

I would like to be either a world history teacher or a Greek Mythologist. I love to study the world and it's countrys. I, also, love to study the Greek Myths. I know so much about them, so I am leaning towards that.

December 27, 2010 at 10:32 am |
  257. britt

i would love to be a musicshion but if that doesen't work out i think i might be a vet or in the millitairy.

December 27, 2010 at 10:49 am |
  258. kaylee

since ii was younger, i wanted to be a vet. But as i got older i decided i wanted to be a cosmetologist. Ive changed my mind because i cant deal with blood. And as i got older i realized that being a vet includes seeing blood. I wanna be a cosmetologist because i love faashion and i love painting my nails and doing different hair styles on my family and friends. I no it may not pay alot but it seems pretty cool.

December 27, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  259. ryan

well now that i think about it,i really enjoy computers.i even plan on either working in a big name company,like microsoft,or starting my own buisness with one of my friends.

December 27, 2010 at 8:15 pm |
  260. Jessica

I want to be a anamation drawer so I can show the world my drawing skills

December 28, 2010 at 2:16 am |
  261. Claudia

When I grow up I want to be a fashion designer because I want my imagination run wild and because I want to travel the world and see different landmarks. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year Cnn Student News Crew

December 29, 2010 at 10:17 am |
  262. Bethany

When i grow up i hope to become an author since i enjoy to write. My stories and poems are so good, my brother thinks i copy them. I have talked one of my moms friends who writes stories and had some published.

December 29, 2010 at 11:48 am |
  263. Gabi

I want to be a cellist in my city's orchestra. I realized this a few years ago when I started playing cello. My friends say I would be good at this because I have talent and a love for music

December 29, 2010 at 1:14 pm |
  264. Moriah

When I was little I always wanted to be a dentist. I spent over 5 years thinking about being one ever since I was about seven.I want to go to Harvard , have a Masters degree and have a great life.

December 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
  265. Tyler

I've found my voice in careers, though I'm finding it difficult to find the right mentor.

December 30, 2010 at 2:39 am |
  266. Hunter

I would like to be a computer programmer. I believe that if you don,t know what you want to be that the more mistakes you make the closer you get to knowing who you are and who you want to be.

December 31, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  267. Sandra

I would like to be a tourist when I get older because i enjoy traveling. I also like learning about different countries and their cultures.

January 1, 2011 at 9:41 pm |
  268. Sarah

I would really like to be an architect. I decided this when I was in second grade. I've always had a passion for houses inside and out. I got an invitation from my school's drafting teacher to join her class next year. I'm really excited to be in that class and to get better and what I love.

January 2, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
  269. Isabel

when i was yong i allways LOVED!!!! animals they were like my family i want to be a vet but i cant stand blud ick 😦 so now i want to be a PET STORE ower ❤ so i can still play with the animals right?

January 2, 2011 at 4:10 pm |
  270. marcus

No not lately but i am really trying to I think it would be really fun

January 2, 2011 at 9:56 pm |
  271. marcus

Since i was young I wanted to be a professional Basketball player but if that doesn't work out I would like to be an actor

January 2, 2011 at 10:00 pm |
  272. Alexis

When I grow up I want to be a Vet. I love to participate with animals and help them if they are hurting.

January 3, 2011 at 10:11 am |
  273. Jasmine

January 3, 2011 at 10:43 am |
  274. alyssa(:

when i grow up i dont know what i wanna be but i have choices that i can choose from .

January 3, 2011 at 10:45 am |
  275. Tadaa !

Well I Think That If You Wanna Become Somethinq, Then Go For It ! Cause Only You Can "Achieve" Your Goal . So If Someone Wants To Become A Rapper ; Then They Can If Thats The Way They Wanna Make A Living & Money, Well HEEEYY ! Thats Them .

January 3, 2011 at 10:47 am |
  276. hailey

I don't know for sure yet I haven't made any connections in the feild either.

January 3, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  277. shekiniah

I would like to go into business , because i like been
    social with people

January 3, 2011 at 10:48 am |
  278. sage

I think that figuring what you want to be or what profession you choose at an erly age is good so you have more time to think about it.

January 3, 2011 at 10:51 am |
  279. Megan

Right now im thinking about eventually becoming a ratiologist. I chose this profession because I dont like dealing with blood or anything like that. Im also kinda interested in the medical career,so I chose this one.

January 3, 2011 at 10:54 am |
  280. delaney

i want to be an architect, photographer or a zoo keeper. i have not talked to professionals but i go online and get info.

January 3, 2011 at 11:00 am |
  281. Ashlyn

When I grow up I eather want to be a famous volyball player or decine clothes that lokk fab.

January 3, 2011 at 11:02 am |
  282. Mali

I want to be an actor and singer. I WILL be, actually. I've known that ever since I was six years old. And maybe I won't be rich and famous (maybe (;) but thats not the point. Everyone needs to do something the love, and something they are good at.

January 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm |
  283. Elise

When I grow up, I don't know what I wanna be.. But I'm thinking about photography or editing in photographing, So I don't know what the future holds for me(:

January 3, 2011 at 1:48 pm |
  284. thomas

when i grow up i have no clue what im going to do life is kind of boring like im pretty sher im going to do something just dont now what

January 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
  285. alexis

i think that i want to be a teacher or a singer even though i cant sing thats what i want to be.

January 3, 2011 at 1:49 pm |

i dontknow wat job i want yet so

January 3, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
  287. Jassy

personally I'm working to become an anime artist and I sometime write short stories. my friend wants to be a journalist one day though and I really cant blame her.

January 3, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  288. daniel:)

i'm going to become a tattoo artist.

January 3, 2011 at 1:53 pm |
  289. Mkenna

i've always wanted to be a doctor. ever scince i was little iv liked helping people :)))))

January 3, 2011 at 1:53 pm |
  290. cheeze

one day...I'm going to work for pixar animation or even dreamworks. its been my dream since I watched my first animated movie when I was five....I think it was dreamwork's spirit.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

January 3, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
  291. Alexis

Ever since the oil spill helping marine animals have been something I really wanted to do, so i want to now become a marine biologist. Rather working with sick/harmed animals or working with dolphins.

January 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm |
  292. Mark

I wanna be a architect.

January 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm |
  293. Justice

When I was younger I wanted to be a race car driver. Now I still kind of want to, but I want to be a Police officer also. I think what they do is cool and i would like to help people just like they do.

January 3, 2011 at 3:15 pm |
  294. josh

When i grow up i would like to become a NFL football player if that does not happen then i would want to become a chef like my grandma

January 3, 2011 at 3:55 pm |
  295. Tyler

i have not talked to anyone about career type stuff because i'm only 13. I love to dance and i have a gymnastic back round so i would love to become a professional dancer.

January 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm |
  296. Panda

I would like to be a writer. My backup plans are: percussion teacher, band director, or a horse- back rider.

January 3, 2011 at 3:56 pm |
  297. Billy

I want to fly a plain. If that does not happen I will become a hobo

January 3, 2011 at 3:57 pm |
  298. Eden

I would love to be a fashion designer. Fashion is something that I have always loved. I just love going through racks at stores, but also creating my own visions. I could sit for hours coming up with new outfitt ideas. I also love going through my closet and pairing up things that I haven't before. So far I have not confronted anyone in this field, but I do have to say that Project Runway is one of my favorite shows because it talks about what I love. Fashion is definitely my passion.

January 3, 2011 at 5:30 pm |
  299. Marina

I want to be a Equine Vetrinarian......My passion has always been animals and saving them.....sometimes it becomes hard because with wild animals yu most likely have to let nature take its course of life.....With horses it is good because well maybe I will become famous and work with race horses...(thats in a dream of mine too)....

January 3, 2011 at 6:01 pm |
  300. malcolm

I am planning to do two things. I want to be a part-time chemist and a animetor.

January 3, 2011 at 6:27 pm |
  301. Mandy

Well, I can say that I have been interested in jouralism and reporting in the past, but I know that it is not a popular job around my area. Soon I started to look for things that could help my community, and I found easily what I wanted to do: teach.

January 3, 2011 at 6:59 pm |
  302. karen

When I grow up I want to be vetenarian, and if none of these jobs work out then i would be a lawyer

January 3, 2011 at 7:05 pm |
  303. Emily

I would like to be a teacher. Both of my parents are teachers and they inspired me. Educating others is a job that is necessary in our community and I love working with children.

January 3, 2011 at 7:51 pm |
  304. Jonathan

I have always been interested in being a sports announcer or journalist. I have also been curious about being a physician or a dentist. My dad is a physician and my mom is a dentist. I have found out a lot about each job. My Aunt was dating a sports announcer for a while. In that time, I got to talk to him about what the job is like and what he has to do. It seemed like a great job. I think I might like to be in any of these professions.

January 3, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
  305. Tianna

I have interest in being a business owner or something like that as long as I'm running the business and things go my way. I also have interest in babies like running a day care or being a bay doctor. One day i wanted to be a teacher but the thought/feeling came and then left. My mind is not set yet but one day i will be doing something i enjoy!

January 3, 2011 at 10:30 pm |
  306. Tina

I want to be a civil servant in China. I know it won't be easy, but I will just hold on to that.

January 4, 2011 at 6:14 am |
  307. Samuel

When I grow up I would like to become an engineer because I love to design pieces of machinery. I like to help others and I believe that as an engineer I can maximize my positive impact on the world.

January 4, 2011 at 9:42 am |
  308. Eliza

When I grow up I want to be an actor because it's really fun being up on stage and I love dressing up in costumes and acting like a different person than I am. I also want to be an artist because I love drawing things and painting things.

January 4, 2011 at 11:23 am |
  309. carnan

When I was child I wanted to become important men but when I grow up I understood that important men not give anything now I understand become good and happy men is enough for everything so I am trying to do that...

January 4, 2011 at 3:22 pm |
  310. Jesse

I think I would be a investigative reporter.

January 4, 2011 at 3:54 pm |
  311. Isabel

I'm not really sure yet what I want to do when I grow up. Right now my dream is to be a professional basketball player, but other than that I dont really know. It may take a long time to find out what I want to be when I grow up, or one day it might just come to me.

January 4, 2011 at 5:08 pm |
  312. aidin

Right now i am not positive at which career i should persue. I have much time to still decide but if i had to pick a job that i would perform i would choose to be a laywer. To be a laywer sounds very interesting. I would protect the rights of others and make sure justice is carried out. Possibly i will change this decision to become a laywer some day but right now i have lots of time to decide.

January 4, 2011 at 7:30 pm |
  313. oboma

i want to be a politician!!!!!!

January 4, 2011 at 7:41 pm |
  314. Joe

I think that carrying alot of books around is a hassle, and not having to go to your locker all the time would help students to get to class on time aswell.

January 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm |
  315. Tori

I would like to be a teacher and not just any teacher a dance teacher

January 4, 2011 at 10:09 pm |
  316. will

When I grow up i want to play for the Bosten Celtics or the Lakeras. But if not I want to work on computers.

January 5, 2011 at 12:38 pm |
  317. Robert

There's many thing's you can be in your life but you can onily choose one.I don't want to do something i hate because i'll get a big fat pay check at the end of the week, I wana do something i love even if its volentering at the animal shelter for your hole life. Sometimes you dont make it but you cant stop trying until you make a dream a reality.
    hey Mr Reffs class

January 5, 2011 at 12:46 pm |
  318. Meghan

i want to be a teacher for little kids when i grow up. i like working with little kids, and i think that it would be fun. and my sister is working with little kids and wants to be a teacher for little kids too.

January 5, 2011 at 1:23 pm |
  319. Michael

I've always wanted to be a water boy for the Boston Red Sox. I love being a water boy. I also love the Red Sox, so a perfect fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Dream on!

January 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm |
  320. Katelyn

As of right now I am not sure what I want to do. Seeing the career connections helps me get an idea of what jobs are out there.

January 5, 2011 at 1:58 pm |
  321. Isela

Well, I love standing up for people all the time. I don't like to see other people get in trouble for what they didn't do.It just isn't fair! That is when I decided that I wanted to be a lawyer

January 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
  322. Daniel

Though I still have no idea what to do for a career, I figure it doesn't matter so much because few people end up doing what they thought they'd do when they were in high school.

January 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm |
  323. Jensen

Connections that i have made are with people that do really adventurous things. It is important to love what you do, and i think that being a news anchor would be really exciting. It would give you a lot of freedom of what you wanted to do, and even report on what you find interesting.

January 5, 2011 at 2:07 pm |
  324. Sam

I would like to become an athletic trainer or other health professional involved in sports injuries and health. I enjoy athletics but I don't see myself having a career in professional sports, so involving myself in the health of true professional athletes sounds like an enjoyable endeavor. Science and health are two very important subjects of education, and I like knowing what is going on with the body. The on issue is that I haven't really talked to any professionals in the field about this line of work, I've only listened to some lectures at a Health Career Day. For others out there, finding a career that suits you is as easy as knowing what you like to do and what you feel you can excel at. Be honest with yourself though! And thinking about something you can work for to help further the welfare of our country and our world is another good idea too, like Peace Corps, or becoming a scientist to discover the cure for AIDS. Find your dream job!

January 5, 2011 at 2:09 pm |
  325. Daniel

I have in mind what i want to do in the future and will say on track to become that.

January 5, 2011 at 2:12 pm |
  326. Thomas

I dont know what im going to do when im older, but thats why you see from others careers that help you decide what you want to when you grow up. So, ill keep thinking about it.

January 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
  327. Matt

I am not completely sure what I want to do when i get older. I have been to career fairs however to try and find something that would spark my interest. Nothing really seemed to jump out at me yet, but I will keep on searching.

January 5, 2011 at 2:13 pm |
  328. Abel

I am a pretty shy person, so I would never like to be a journalist!

January 5, 2011 at 2:15 pm |
  329. Amanda

When i graduate id like to go to school to be a nurse, i like to help people. and the medical field interests me. I dont quite want to be a doctor becuase i dont want that kind of pressure or responcibility.

January 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm |
  330. Sara

I don't exactly know what I want to be because so many careers have sparked my interest! I would like to go into Dental Hygiene because I know a family friend who has succeeded in that career. I also have always enjoyed writing. I think being a techer would be cool, and I admire all of my teachers. There's a lot of choices, so I want to keep my mind open to all of them until I finally decide.

January 5, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
  331. Kyle

People should get into the careers that they enjoy. I've always found medicine and health interesting, so I'm thinking of trying to become a doctor.

January 5, 2011 at 2:17 pm |
  332. Robert

I havev not yet chosen what i want to be when i get older.
    it would be pretty cool to be a pro skateboarder but those chances are super low but i also would maybe want to be a physical therapist seems like a good job.

January 5, 2011 at 2:18 pm |
  333. Anieyssa

I think that its a great idea. It keeps the school from sagging and is a good laugh. The people that have a problem with it being embarassing, i think its supposed to, to keep kids from dis-obeying the rules. It would only take once for some kids to learn

January 5, 2011 at 6:54 pm |
  334. Mehvish

When I grow up I want to be a doctor. Being a doctor is not for the money, its for the people.

January 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm |
  335. Molly

i think that you should choose a career in something you enjoy and right now im not focusing on just one thing but im looking at other options to.

January 5, 2011 at 8:42 pm |

Like many loving parents, mine wanted to be involved in the medical business. But I believe jobs should be about what you like, not the money or the benefits. In fact, I'm still undecided about what I want to be. But I know that whatever I pick, I know I'm going to like it.

January 5, 2011 at 8:55 pm |
  337. chad

i doubt that i could know exactly what i want to be until i have tried a few things, just because it is a fun hobby doesn't mean it would be an enjoyable career

January 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm |
  338. Grace

I want to be an astronaut. I'm really interested in space exploration and aeronautics and all of the work that NASA does. I think it's really cool to read all of these posts. Someday we might see each other on the news, or open a newspaper and read about someone we knew and high school. It's pretty neat to think about...

January 5, 2011 at 10:55 pm |
  339. Kennedi

If there are naughty words in a book and they are to inapropite then get rid of them. If there was a new author then that would make a difference, and I would definatly read them...............swear words are not appropiate in books ina school but if they are in a high school I would keep them.

January 6, 2011 at 3:56 pm |
  340. Sarah

I want to be a wildlife photographist when I grow up. I've always been fascinated with all the unquie creatues of our planet and I want to be able to connect more with these extraordinary creations. I respect the way these beings live their lives and I want to observe more carefully the magnificence of the plants and animals people usually are confounded by.

January 6, 2011 at 8:36 pm |
  341. Ariel

When I grow up I want to be a veteranarian, pediatrition, obsotritionist, interior designer, model and singer and with all of these jobs I think I would get paid a descent amount of money, because I aquire most of the skills needed for these job choices.

January 7, 2011 at 1:35 pm |
  342. Summer

i think cnn student news should have different careers to apeel to more people who whach cnn.

January 7, 2011 at 4:02 pm |
  343. Gwyneth

You should have more a varity of careers to show up on the blog. What if you wanted a uniquie career that you don't see everyday??

January 7, 2011 at 4:06 pm |
  344. nikole

I want to become a anime artest. I love anime since i watched the power puff girls. i want to make my own show that everyone will want to watch.

January 7, 2011 at 4:12 pm |
  345. rlyn

with my really wide imagination i thinki want to be a business woman and a successful investor.

January 7, 2011 at 4:19 pm |
  346. Gabana

I want to be a professional althete in the Olympics. If that doesn't happen then i will decide what i want to be later on.

January 7, 2011 at 4:21 pm |
  347. Alannah

I would like to become a laywer or a novelist because i love to write and I am a straight A student. I think I would enjoy writing books the most, but i would probably be more successful as a laywer, and I really want to be successful in my life.

January 7, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
  348. ambie

This is great for a person to live there dream and be who ever they want to be. Also it is awesome to teach use there job and to show use to follow our dreams.

January 7, 2011 at 4:27 pm |
  349. Lindseyy

When i grow i want to be famous i want be a star:) I WANT ALL ATTENTION ON MUAH!

January 7, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
  350. rob

i want to become a piolt but it is so expensive to fight already

January 7, 2011 at 4:29 pm |
  351. marisa

I would like to become a teacher. I love working with kids and I think it would be a fun job. It might not pay that much but that is something that I would really like to do. I am a straight a student so I think that I would be a good teacher.

January 7, 2011 at 4:32 pm |
  352. Lindseyy

When i grow up i want to be a Famous soccer player!!:)) Because its always been a dream of mine i want to make my dream happen:)

January 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm |
  353. Elizabeth(:

When I Grow Up I Want To Be A Hair Stylist (: And I Would Donate The Extra Hair To Cancer [;

January 7, 2011 at 4:37 pm |
  354. Molly

I chose a news ancor (like Carl). It just seems really fun and i was pretty much born to be on tv so...

January 8, 2011 at 6:07 pm |
  355. Misty

I'm not making any connections yet because I'm still not sure what I want to do yet, there is so many choices and its pretty hard to choose. I know I'm definitely going to college so it will be easier to decide there.

January 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm |
  356. Niki

When I grow up, I want to be a chef. I want to be a chef because I want to feed people. The other job I want is to be a vetrenarian because I want to help sick animals and make them feel better.

January 9, 2011 at 1:52 pm |
  357. Victoria

i have wanted to be an author for a while because I've always been told that I'm a good writer and i think writing is fun. I know no one who is a writer. But i read a lot and study other peoples ways of writing. Writing is my passion and i have a feeling it always will be. It's always why i love language arts. It involves reading and writing. 😉

January 10, 2011 at 10:44 am |
  358. hanna

when i grow up, i would like to e an artist or fashion designer. im not even sure if i am going to be one of these but it would be awesome. im only 12 yrs old. i have a while to go until i have a job.

January 10, 2011 at 11:10 am |
  359. carnan

I think you need to get professional that gives you oppurtinity live life better so do not get a job which you do not like...

January 10, 2011 at 11:43 am |
  360. John

When I grow up I want to be a professional athlete. Its probably gonna be hard because i have to do good in high school and collage.

January 10, 2011 at 12:34 pm |
  361. Brittany

Thre are several careers that have caught my intrest, like i want to be a fashion designer, or a teachercool jobs I am really most interested in becoming a teacher becaue I have always look up to my teachers since I have been younger. But I am also interested in art so i am pulled with each choice.

January 10, 2011 at 8:52 pm |
  362. Thomas

Some careers that have sparked interest in me were architect or a marketing. In both of those jobs you are able to use knowledge in math which is a subject that i enjoy in school. By seeing all of the new modern and complex buildings that are being created, it has sparked my interest to be able to create one of those buildings my self. A famous Architect that has inspired me is Antoni Gaudi of Spain. He has created many dynamic and static buildings that many people still admire today. I hoe one day to be able to fulfill my dream of designing a famous building.

January 10, 2011 at 10:46 pm |
  363. Nicole

I'm not really sure what I want to be when I grow up. I do know that when I go to college, I want to either play college softball or alpine skiing.

January 11, 2011 at 10:30 am |
  364. Anna

I dont know what i want to be when i grow up. Probally somebody that helps people or animals.

January 11, 2011 at 1:48 pm |
  365. SYDNEY

I either want to be a vetrinarian, or a firewoman.
    I want to do something where I could save a life, whether its an animals or a humans.

January 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm |
  366. Alyssa

Psychology has really gotten me interested. I didn't know this at first but then I figured out that I like to help people. I like for people to praise me for what I do.If becoming a psychologist doesn't work out I would like to make pastries. I would love to open up a cute little cafe and make pastries there.

January 11, 2011 at 6:48 pm |
  367. Vity

I will be involved in industry engineering.
    When studying in college, it is my major,
    and I get confidence in it.
    In my opinion, the most important is the source of confidence.

January 11, 2011 at 8:42 pm |
  368. wyatt

Yes. Its my future in the world. the question is are kids doing it now. they should start doing that because we kids are the future of america

January 12, 2011 at 12:09 pm |
  369. Jesse

Marine Biology is my thing. Studing the bodies of fish, coral, sharks, seahorses, and algae is cool. Plus, its wet!! I want to interact with someone at an aquarium one day. Maybe they can give somen expertise on the eating habits and body structure! ; D

January 12, 2011 at 5:15 pm |
  370. Megan

I think that having carrer connection clip will help us get to know what feild we want to work in when we are older. I also think that with that if we have no clue and dont feel like figuring it out we still have an idea.

January 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm |
  371. Kristen

Right now I think I would like to be a teacher, specifically an elementary school teacher. I am patient and good with children and I like to watch them develop their skills. I have a particular interest in special education. A close friend has a brother with autism, and I am aware of the challenges he and their family face on a daily basis. I volunteer in different sports programs for the physically and mentally challenged, and I enjoy helping these students.

January 13, 2011 at 4:36 pm |
  372. Emily

I think that as we age, we will get more connected. for now, there are may more important things to worry about for the kids in this world.

January 13, 2011 at 6:30 pm |
  373. Sami

When i read this article i think it connected with me a lot. When i first used a computer, i was a little addicted because there was so much to do. You can chat with friends, or watch a funny video, etc. So, I thought about something that would relate to computers being my future job. Then i thought about how about i become a Graphics Designer, so i can have a good time working and get paid well.

January 13, 2011 at 7:17 pm |
  374. kati

I want to be an archeologest and find just things like the Arc of The Covenant

January 13, 2011 at 8:09 pm |
  375. Sophia

Now I really want to be a Forensic Scientist. I think that the job is very interesting, and helpful to our community. I read a lot about Forensic Science and I have become hooked onto it. I have not met anyone who is a Forensic Scientist, but I think that I have a better chance to if I am an adult. Right now I think that Kids should not be worrying about their future, but worry about what they are going to do now.

January 14, 2011 at 3:54 am |
  376. Leandra

I really want to be a photographer or else a veterinary. I'm looking to go to a really good high school that focuses on your career so I'm trying really hard to get good education for my dream career

January 14, 2011 at 1:49 pm |
  377. Alaina

A career that sparked my attention would be one of the people who travel around the world to work with wild animals, such as lions, tigers etc. I think that it would be very interesting to work with theese type of animals.

January 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm |