December 1st, 2010

Value of Simulators

Your opinion on simulators:

Buckle up:  On Thursday, we're taking you to a simulator show in France.  And we're not just talking flight simulators, like you have on your computer.  There are simulators for everything from auto racing and shipping to motorcycling and diving.

For the most part, simulators are much cheaper than actually training on a plane, motorcycle or ship would be.  And they can help you learn how to deal with dangerous conditions a lot more easily (and safely) than flying in rough weather, for example.

But I know a lot of you are like me:  You have a flight or racing simulator on your computer that you play more for fun than actual training.

We're interested to see whether you think they're more valuable as learning tools or more fun as games.

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Ana

I think that training in real life gives the person the right to say that they had real life experiences. Also, why would you use the simulators unless you were testing something that may not work. I know in my opinion I would WAY rather really do something then go in a simulator.

December 1, 2010 at 7:14 pm |
  2. Adam

I think the simulator would be more fun as games because when people play games they think it is fun so the people using the simulator could see it more as having fun, then actually learning.

December 1, 2010 at 7:18 pm |
  3. Steven

Kids should use simulators for more learning and for more help in the future for their careers.

December 1, 2010 at 7:22 pm |
  4. Siddharth

I think that they are valuable for both. I say that because for training, it is like controlling the actual thing and is not as harsh as it would be if you go and crash into something big while taking a driving test. For fun and games, I personally love cars, so I would like to have one to have fun, so I would think other people might like it.

December 1, 2010 at 8:13 pm |
  5. Visuth

It really depends on the person. But it also depend if there are instructor teaching the person in the simulator. Unlike simulators we play on the computer, we don't have a real life instructor, but we got direction to follow. If real life simulator have real life instructor teaching, then it's more valuable, then the one you play on our computer.

December 1, 2010 at 8:33 pm |
  6. Roscoe

Well They do simulate the real thing and do help educate you in situations that would happen in the real thing, but i think they are more for fun, because its not professional training, and without it, its easy to make a simple mistake

December 1, 2010 at 8:52 pm |
  7. Diyab

I think that simulators are a good idea. It's like training in a realistic setting without being in danger. Plus there are no phycological trauma effects resulted in this. My only worry is that pilots going through this training might not have any training with real planes and directly go to flying people.

December 1, 2010 at 8:53 pm |
  8. Stanley

Simulators are more valuable than learning tools because if you keep using it. You can probably get a good career cause you trained so much on the simulators. Maybe a very good pilot or a racer.

December 1, 2010 at 8:59 pm |
  9. Selena

Well of course some kids and adults consider simulators on your computer as games, its fun to play with. But I think that they're more valuable as learning tools because the percent of deadly things that happen in the world can be reduced. All because of a simulator. It makes the player feel more relaxed and safe.

December 1, 2010 at 9:14 pm |
  10. Hunter

It is SO helpful to have some simulation expierenece behind your belt, but some people might not count that as real expirence. Also, you would have to have a hefty wallet to try out a simulator, as they are very expensive

December 1, 2010 at 9:36 pm |
  11. Rj

I think they are more valuable for learning tools for science or other subjects.

December 1, 2010 at 9:44 pm |
  12. Sam

Simulaters are going to have some fun involved no matter what. It would be a whole lot less serious than being in the real thing. So there will be some people that want to see how far you can push the limits so people would do things that they wouldnt even think about doing in the real thing, I mean the thing is just practically a big video game.

December 1, 2010 at 9:57 pm |
  13. Tiffany

I think they aren't because kids can use the learning tools too and we don't wanna feel left out in any way. The best thing you could do is teach the younger kids how to work one and your back in business but if not then use the learning tools because we should be important too.

December 1, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  14. Greta

i think that there are already so many things for kids to play with already, we really don't need simulators to play. but training for motorcycles and whatnot is important, because safety is much better to have than fun. and, if some people did not have simulators to train, then they might mess up and get injured!

December 1, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  15. Chris

I understand that it is easier to use the simulators, but for some reason I get the feeling it won't make the other people serious about this but think of it as a game.

December 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm |
  16. Nate

Some people think it's for there fun it matters what you do are you having it for entertainment or for training I think there fun but can also teach you how to do it in real life

December 1, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  17. Carol

I think it's more fun as a game. People,for example,are training on a simulate plane,know clearly that they are just doing some not real thing.So it won't help much in training their psychology when facing a tough situation.

December 1, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  18. Sak

They might be helping people learn new things and such....but they are taking away from what the flight schools and colleges do for a living. Honestly in all fairness, it could be taken as a video game in the mind of young people.

December 1, 2010 at 10:36 pm |
  19. Sean

Having worked in the realm of professional simulation for the last six years I would have to say they are equally great in both situations.

December 1, 2010 at 10:52 pm |
  20. Ethan

These simulators are amazing. I have been in one that was fun realistic and educational about how to fly a military jet. The more expensive ones are really cool because you can flip upside down and do loops. but if you have google earth on a mac, press command, option, and the a key all at the same time to use a flight simmulator. its so cool.

December 1, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  21. Amanda

I think that it would be more of a fun thing to do than a training exercise. You can't get the full effect of actually flying an airplane, helicopter, etc from a simulator. You have to actually experience all the difficulties to be prepared.

December 1, 2010 at 11:07 pm |
  22. Starling

I think simulations are fun too, but in this case simulations are significantly cheaper and more cost effective. Instead of paying say $100,000 for a practice plane ride,why not just spend $25.000 for the same exact affect just not in a real plane. With simulations the person still gets training and other people save money.

December 1, 2010 at 11:23 pm |
  23. Francine

December 2, 2010 at 12:01 am |
  24. Francine

I think that it can be fun but I also think that it is more valuable to train in real vehicles because it would be a BETTER experience for the trainers and they would know how it is ACTUALLY like, than having a controller in your hand and looking at a screen. There is a difference between playing a game and doing the REAL thing.

December 2, 2010 at 12:46 am |
  25. Akinnawonu Olaolu

Simulators are valuable learning tools. Simulators try to reproduce the real life situation as it is. It prepares the mind of the trainee either consciously or unconsciously. Moreover, it is safer than real life training because the trainee can still get a 'second chance'.

December 2, 2010 at 12:55 am |
  26. Zach

It all depends. If they're using it for actual training, or have legitimate reasons to use it, that should be fine. If they're using them to just goof off, it shouldn't

December 2, 2010 at 5:04 am |
  27. Alan

It depends. If your gonna grow up to be a motorist or a pilot, then simulators should be used as training tools. If not, just play and enjoy!!!!!!!!!

December 2, 2010 at 6:02 am |
  28. Ben

Even thought they can get VERY expensive, I think they are better learning tools. Price can't be compared to safety...

December 2, 2010 at 6:31 am |
  29. Jackson

I think that it's not as accurate as doing it in real life. Sure, it's much safer, but then when the driver gets out in the field, and into reality, it's just not the same. They become exposed to a real life simulation where you can actually get really hurt! But if you learned in a simulator, where you can crash into another guy and just reform in the perfectly fixed car, it just sends a bit of the wrong message to people.

December 2, 2010 at 7:47 am |
  30. Gil

Simulators are a valuable learning tool to teach pilots, ship captains, motorcycling, etc. They teach the person using it how to fly a plane for example and not put their own life at risk.

December 2, 2010 at 7:59 am |
  31. Madeline

I think the simulators are more of a game because they have the graphics and a chair that has motion feelings. I think they should be helping people more in the actual vehicle than on a fun little game.

December 2, 2010 at 8:03 am |
  32. Nora

I don't understand why we don't have more stimulators. But even though the economy can't afford it, I think that when the economy does get fixed that we should get as many as we can afford without being put back into a depression!

December 2, 2010 at 8:09 am |
  33. Amanda

They are a great idea, imagine no crashes!!!!!!!!!!

December 2, 2010 at 8:13 am |
  34. Matthew

The simulators may look fun. However, these simulators are to help the average men and women look on to their future. These simulators ,stationed in the lands of France, will help the people of that great country look on. They can choose what they want to do. They can pilot an airplane and strain against sheer pressure. They can go through the water on a boat or under the water in a scuba dive. You can also drive on the roads with a car or a motorcycle. You can prepare for anything you want with the simulators!

December 2, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  35. Morgan

I love simulators. They are so much fun but I don't really think they are that educational becuase you are too distracted by the movements and visuals that are in front of you.

December 2, 2010 at 8:33 am |
  36. Stacia

Yes, you can learn controls and get comfortable, but what about when you get in an actual plane? Thats what is the scary part, knowing your in the plane. When your in the simulator, you really dont mind if you crash. If your in a real plane, i think the average person would mind. People might get nervous when flying their plane because they are only used to the simulator and not the real thing. Nerves can kick in faster than anything!

December 2, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  37. beryl

I think it is just fun. They play and they will get some life lessons out of it ,but they wont get the real deal.

December 2, 2010 at 8:54 am |
  38. Steven

Simulators are valuable for introducing newcomers to different types of vehicles, but most of the training should be done in the real thing. Simulators teach the basic principals behind operating vehicles. They don't show you how to react to every real world situation.

December 2, 2010 at 9:05 am |
  39. Jaycie

In my opinion, simulators are both fun, and valuable as a learning tool. As for fun, it would just be cool to use one, and it would be like the actual situation. On the other hand, simulators would be an awesome tool for learning, and it is much cheaper and safer than being in an actual airplane, or race car, etc. For example, if you are a pilot that needs to train for a stormy flight, then this is definitely a safer way! These simulators should definitely be used as a learning tool, and should not be taken for granted.

December 2, 2010 at 9:10 am |
  40. Brock

more valuable because its fun and it helps you learn and be better at what it is!!

December 2, 2010 at 9:21 am |
  41. Carlos

I think its not the greatest idea because pilots need more hands on training. It`s not the greatest idea it may be cheaper but I don`t think this is the right way to train people that drive vehicle for the public.

December 2, 2010 at 9:23 am |
  42. Steve

I think that the simulators are mostly being used as a valube asset by adults . But if you put a kid in there they are just going to have fun and not learn anything.

December 2, 2010 at 9:32 am |
  43. Carlos

I don`t think i want a pilot with out experince flying a public plane. I would rather have a pilot with experince and this goes for all public transportation.

December 2, 2010 at 9:37 am |
  44. Francine

I think that they are more fun as games because it's basically like a video game with a controller in your hand and focusing what to do on the screen. Actual training is probably more expensive because it's a different
    experience and it's the real thing, so trainers know how it is actually done.

December 2, 2010 at 9:45 am |
  45. Daisy

I think this is a great idea because if you want to be a driver for a ship or a air plane it would be more fun using the simulator.

December 2, 2010 at 10:19 am |
  46. Alexis

I think that they are more fun than Valuable. They need to be more valuable. Some people will take this as a joke when it's really supposed to be serious because your supposed to be helping people by flying them, or saving our continent by being a marine.

December 2, 2010 at 10:24 am |
  47. Isaac

it's a tough call. simulators are a fun way to experience real situations. are they more fun or a better a better way to teach? i'd have to say both.

December 2, 2010 at 10:36 am |
  48. kaleb

I think its more fun than learning because i play mine just to have fun and so do my friends.

December 2, 2010 at 10:37 am |
  49. Jahlil

Even though they are very valuable learning tools. Playing them as games could be more fun.

December 2, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  50. Anonymous

I think it is a good idea to have simulators you dont have to take the risk of dieing.But if u dont learn to fly on a real plane or not a Simulators.

December 2, 2010 at 10:40 am |
  51. carl

i would say that playing these simulated games would actually be more fun than than learning just like any other racing game

December 2, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  52. tabitha

I think the simulators are more valuable because they can prevent car crashes. It helps people learn what to do in a terrorist attack in an airplane and it can prevent drunk driving and all good stuff.

December 2, 2010 at 10:47 am |
  53. Lydia

Of course it's fun! But it can also have some training benefits.

December 2, 2010 at 10:49 am |
  54. Miracle

I think that they are more fun as games because you get experience on what game you play and its the thrill of the game that is fun too!

December 2, 2010 at 11:06 am |
  55. Emanuel

I think that was great because they could learn how to drive or something and they could have fun

December 2, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  56. Colton

I think it would be nice to do that for people.

December 2, 2010 at 11:08 am |
  57. delaney

i think they are more fun as games but are still good learning tools. I play things similar all the time for fun . If i got the real thing i would love it more.

December 2, 2010 at 11:09 am |
  58. nathaniel

I think that these simulators are a good way to train yourself for good flying ,car driving, etc. But also they are a way to have fun because many people have simulators on there computers.

December 2, 2010 at 11:11 am |
  59. Austin

They are more valuable. These simulators are used all over to help train people for the real world.

December 2, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  60. Alicia

I think they are more Vaulable but the fun speeks for its self But as you know that Vauable is one of the apsulutly!

December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  61. Nathan

simulators can be helpful and fun they can also help people with what they want to drive

December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  62. Cassie

I think that they are equaly valueable and fun at the same time because you can use them for prue injoyment, or you could use them to train you for a job you really don't have any exsperiance in.

December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  63. chris

my opinion on simulators is they should be more valuable because if they are fun they wont be simulatos they'll be games

December 2, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  64. Gabriel

i think that simulators are both but they can be fun and beneficial they are a good way of training and having a good time

December 2, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  65. Evan

I think that simulators are more in the purpose of training, but they can have their ways in games as well. Driving simulators are very helpful to train future drivers, whether on a game or used for driver's ed. But because to me it's more useful as training, is the fact that in games, you aren't paying attention to how well you do.

December 2, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  66. Natajai

i think that it would be more fun than valuable, because more people would think that it is really fun to do.

December 2, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  67. david

simulators more for teaching than for fun because it helps teach people how to operater vehicles they will someday use without these they would not know how to react in some situations

December 2, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  68. robbie

i think that they should be more valuablebecause,sopeople have a better exsperiance to being on the road like for car tofighter jets.

December 2, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  69. ♥kim♥

well i think its kind of both cuz u can have fun and learn at the same time and that is what there doing haveing fun and learning.

December 2, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  70. Chris

I think using a simulator is more useful because people can learn to drive better. If people practice driving with a simulator and make a mistake they don't get hurt or die. If they use a real car for practicing and make a mistake, they might get hurt or die.

December 2, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  71. Tiffinie

I think simulators are very useful tools for learning specific skills. Instead of jumping in head-first to fly a plane or operate some sort of machinery, you can get a feel for how it’s supposed to look and how to control it. It'll make certain occupations safer, save money on wrecked machinery, and give the operator a sense of security and reassurance that they can control what they're doing before they do it.

December 2, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  72. Destiney

i think it is more valuable becuse it can really help people out it is more valuable the fun. cuse it teaches you how to drive or how to fly a
    Are plain or how to drive a motercycle or a Boat.

December 2, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  73. Emily

I think that the simulators would be more valuble because training before actually flying, or driving, or driving a boat you will know how to drive what you are driving and that could save you from accidents that you could get into.

December 2, 2010 at 11:32 am |
  74. nicolas

I think that the simulators are really important because it could help you if you are in a jam and you dont know what to do. but i think that with the simulators help alot of people who dont have a drivers licens could earn experience by using the simulator to get them ready for when they go behind the wheel of any viechal

December 2, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  75. Katrina

I think simulators are just a valuable as they are fun

December 2, 2010 at 11:49 am |
  76. Orrin

I think they are very good becasue they might save ther lives one day.

December 2, 2010 at 11:51 am |
  77. Paul

They're both fun and great learning tools? Maybe?

December 2, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  78. Even

I want to become a pilot later in life and these simulators can help get used to how to use the planes and it can better educate other people who want to become captains or pilots.

December 2, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
  79. Chelby

I think they are more fun, But at the same time they are very good for learning cause sometimes if you having fun you will remember what you learn better.

December 2, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
  80. almonte

i think it is very awsome for them to have made this very futuristic simulation

December 2, 2010 at 1:30 pm |
  81. Raven

I think that simulators are a good learning tool, but i personally never found them to be much fun. Valuable, yes. Fun? not so sure...

December 2, 2010 at 1:32 pm |
  82. sharaz

I think the simulator is a great idea because when you grow up if you want to be a pilot, race car driver or a captain this is a great way to learn i dont want it because i all ready have a Xbox 360.!!!

December 2, 2010 at 1:36 pm |
  83. tyler

i think simulators are more like game because real life is better training and real life is harder.

December 2, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  84. marcus

simulators are more like games because if u crash in real life u and the people with u die.

December 2, 2010 at 1:50 pm |
  85. paige

I think that simulators are a good idea. It is very realistic and can help people learn. It helps pilots and sailors feel confident in what they are doing.

December 2, 2010 at 2:10 pm |
  86. Josh

I think that they are more fun because you won't get into accidents and you still get jist of driving etc.

December 2, 2010 at 2:10 pm |
  87. Henry

i would have to say a bit of both. not only could this make gaming more fun and realistic, it could also prepare people for realworld scenarios before they actualy happen

December 2, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
  88. Sameria

I think they are fun games and little kids just like to play with them. But i seen this game in after a few days the boy tryed to copy the thing off video game in he took his mama them car in tryed to copy off the game it was terrible i wasnt do that if i were you cause you can get hurt like that little boy did so don't get stuff that you think is awersome cause it is now

December 2, 2010 at 2:58 pm |
  89. LT

Simulators are both fun to use and good for learning how to drive a car, a boat, a plane, etc. the possibilities for these things are endless. They can help prevent lots of crashes and such. But of course they are super fun also. I don't think i know anyone who doesn't like a good car-racing game.

December 2, 2010 at 3:23 pm |
  90. Rachel

Even though simulators can be fun, it is more serious to have them for learning hove to drive a vehicle or different types of transportation.

December 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
  91. Alex

Both are important. Simulation games usually evolve from real simulators, and so real simulators are more important, because without them, we would likely not have simulator GAMES

December 2, 2010 at 3:43 pm |
  92. Elaine

I think to some people they are just for fun but for others they like the fact that they can use them for practice.

December 2, 2010 at 3:51 pm |
  93. Samuel

I think simulators are more of a learning tool than a game. It might be fun to go in a simulator, but it's more important to know what to do in a situation like that, than practicing crashing into cars or other boats just for fun.

December 2, 2010 at 3:53 pm |
  94. Theresa

Simulators should be used more as learning tools than for games. You should be prepared if you're on a real plane. I agree, they would be fun, but more people want to learn because they can enjoy other things.

December 2, 2010 at 3:59 pm |
  95. Garrett

I believe this is going to help pilots and drivers do what they do while all at the same time giving them a gaming enviroment for enjoyment.

December 2, 2010 at 4:16 pm |
  96. Grace

Simulators are a great new way to learn! We should of thought of this earlier. This can help our airforce to, training can be much easier.

December 2, 2010 at 4:31 pm |
  97. Hannah

i think that the simulators are good for more of training reasons because it makes you feel like you were driving,flying,or gliding..

December 2, 2010 at 4:37 pm |
  98. Tyler

Although simulators are fun i feel like there more important because they teach you real life experiences.

December 2, 2010 at 4:38 pm |
  99. Hannah

more value because it will help you with driving coarses,and flying coarses.

December 2, 2010 at 4:39 pm |
  100. Rachel

I think it is more fun and for learning tools at the same time yet it can still affect our brain in a way that can damage them.

December 2, 2010 at 4:49 pm |
  101. Kayla

i believe that it is more valuable because it will help you by driving different typesof vehicles(planes, cars, etc.) and it will help you deal with an emergency and it helps you learn the safty of drivivng different types of vehicles.

December 2, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  102. Annette

They seem to make people safer car drivers, airplane pilots and ship captains. They look fun, even though it's valuable information and experience to learn.

December 2, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  103. Brian

I think they should sell the simulaters because people would get more education about driving a vehicle. Also they could make a lot of money.

December 2, 2010 at 5:30 pm |
  104. Rustin

Not only could these simulators be valuable as training tools, but as RE-training tools. For example, if someone has been in some sort of accident that hurt their brain function for a short time so that they couldn't drive, the simulators could be used to help determine if that person is ready to get back on the roads for real.

December 2, 2010 at 5:39 pm |
  105. Aaron

These simulators are very valuble. They have there disadvantages and advantages. A disadvantage would be playing them just for fun. However, they are very helpful. They warn you of dangerous situations that may occur. Overall, I feel that this is a good decision!

December 2, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  106. susan

i think simulators are a good way to teach people how to drive planes, cars and boats because it's safer and no one gets hurt, i also think it's very useful to people who love video games because it's like a game that teaches you how to drive.

December 2, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  107. Maksim

I think this could be used as a fun game and a tool. You could them just for fun and to take off stress OR you could use them to learn a skill or get better. I personaly am for the fun part.

December 2, 2010 at 5:59 pm |
  108. Megan

I think that the simulators are good to use and valuable because if you train in the real thing and crash it is a lot of money but if you use the simulator than you learn how to use the machine and less likely to crash.

December 2, 2010 at 6:41 pm |
  109. Aayla

It is a very good learing tool because you learn without getting hurt. Also it looks like a lot of fun. Maybe the best way of learning something is by having fun.

December 2, 2010 at 6:45 pm |
  110. Victoria

I have done one of those before..it helped me learn how to fly a plane..not a real one but a toy one! It still works and I think it is amazing! This really can help people , I know it helped me...

December 2, 2010 at 6:53 pm |
  111. Maranda

I think that they are more valuble for all those "gamers" that play video games 24/7. Because they can still play their video games while learning to drive something at the same time.

December 2, 2010 at 7:16 pm |
  112. mefferz

these simulators can be utilized as a video game but i believe that they should be used as a system to help people understand the dangers of some careers.Yes they could be fun but they can also be a hazard when used inappropriately.

December 2, 2010 at 8:12 pm |
  113. Sammie

More valuable. These people train on simulators, and their training could depend on lives! Better simulations, results in better training.

December 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm |
  114. Dante

I think the simulators are a very good thing to have in both ways. They are fun to use, and if you crash, they won't put you in critical condition. Plus, they are WAY cheaper than training in the real thing

December 2, 2010 at 8:55 pm |
  115. Venezia

I think that the stimulators are a very helpful. They teach people things that they may not have known and help reinforce things that we already know. They help make the world a safer place, because they teach people how to safely drive a car, fly a plane, and drive a boat. There should be more stimulators in the world.

December 2, 2010 at 10:25 pm |
  116. Nastassja

I think that using simulators for training uses will definitely benefit people because they can learn certain skills without putting their lives in danger. They can also have fun while doing it.

December 2, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  117. Jenny

I think simulators are more fun then valuble because you have a great time getting the real live affects without even being in the acttual car or plane. i have been in a racecar simulator once and it was awesome!! having fun is a big part of a kids life or even adults!! everyone is a kid at heart!!

December 2, 2010 at 10:28 pm |
  118. Jake

I think both there fun and good for learning skills. landing a plane is just like math with angels

December 3, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
  119. Guffey

The simulators are excellent training programs. Giving future astronauts, pilots, and racecar drivers simulated training before the real thing should make their first experiences more comfortable, knowing they've had ample practice beforehand. However, as a gamer, I believe that's just the start of a brand new era of gaming, and it's impossible to say just where things are headed.

December 3, 2010 at 1:19 pm |
  120. Samantha

I could go either way. Really, they are a video game. But, me, and my family is into aviation, with much experience, and when my dad got his pilot lience, and many other ratings he used a simulator. So, I am on the fence.

December 3, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  121. Lolo

I go on simulaters becouse thair fun not for training. You drive into a mounten or do realy cool tricks for fun.

December 3, 2010 at 1:32 pm |
  122. Garrett

When you try out a simulator it teaches you how to do anything of your choice. For example, I have only been to an airport twice and both times iv'e seen plane simulators.

December 3, 2010 at 1:45 pm |
  123. Tanisha

I know everyone has their own opinions and different religions, but either way the kid was not meaning to offend anyone by it. No matter muslim or christian or whatever religion had been the case, that kid should have the right to praise their god for not letting them get hurt and acheive an amazing goal. The flag was considered for "exsessive celebration" even though the boy just knelt. I might have understood if it were to have been obnoxious and have made a scene but he didn't. He also could have used some unsportsman like conduct to try and brag and bring the other team down. What he did was for himself, no one else.

December 3, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  124. jordan

December 3, 2010 at 3:44 pm |
  125. ambria

it just encurages me to get one of those jobs becuasei'm a gamenerdfreak

December 3, 2010 at 4:00 pm |
  126. Jada

maybe it could be more valuble if you were learning but if you weren"t just learning then it would be more funnn! you rock Carl!

December 3, 2010 at 4:37 pm |
  127. Ryan

I have a simulator for my computer.I never even thought it would help me with with driving.

December 3, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  128. Noah

I think its more fun because you get to fly in mid air, its better than driving normal.

December 3, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  129. Brooke

I think that simulators are valeuable tools and you can learn alot from using them. You wouldnt want to fly in a plane with a pilot who has never flown before! Simulators should be taken seriously, for they help our saftey when travaling.

December 3, 2010 at 7:10 pm |
  130. Ali

I belive it is more fun rather than valuable because it is nothing similar to the real world. If you would like to learn how to fly a plane or sail a boat, then you are just going to have to start small.

December 3, 2010 at 8:18 pm |
  131. Faye

I can see how some people would consider simulators as more fun than valuable, however i see them as more valuable. They are valuable because they allow people to be put in real-life danger situations without the risk of actual harm. Simulators will make pilots, captains, and drivers more prepared for these dangerous situations, allowing travel to become much safer.

December 3, 2010 at 8:42 pm |
  132. Preston

December 4, 2010 at 4:06 pm |
  133. Hannah

I think simulators are more valuable than fun, although they do often leave you smiling. First of all, they are very accurate usually, and give you a good idea of what it would really be like. Second of all, the people who train using simulators are less likely to get hurt, because they know what it's like and have been through it without any risk.

December 4, 2010 at 4:22 pm |
  134. Nicole

I think that simulators would be funnier for people in this generation, but I think that you would learn more by having a real instructor teaching you.

December 4, 2010 at 5:14 pm |
  135. Matt

It is a thing getting you ready for life, and that may help a lot.
    this is another way we can teach everyone in a safe place
    where we can not get hurt, unlike in a real test where you can crash.

December 4, 2010 at 8:33 pm |
  136. Alex

It is good how simulators are helping the next generation of pilots and sailors. Although I play them for fun it is good they are being used for more than that.

December 4, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  137. Elizabeth

People can use simulators for fun and for work, if they don't mix the two. As long as people use simulators strictly for a learning tool and work and just for fun at home, they are valuable equipment.

December 5, 2010 at 10:42 am |
  138. CHEYENNE

as long as you us for traning and to for fun, count me in!

December 5, 2010 at 11:57 am |
  139. Nate

i think the will help train pilots of planes

December 5, 2010 at 12:46 pm |
  140. Colton

As a Pilot for the U.S. Navy i have found that simulators work really well for training pilots for landing on aircraft carriers. In simulators you can make it so you have like a engine fire or a mistake happen in your flight and it teachs you what to do if u ever come across mistakes like that.

December 5, 2010 at 4:34 pm |
  141. ROBERT

I THINK THAT SIMALATORS ARE A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE IF YOU JUST PUT ROOKIES OUT THERE THEY WILL KILL A LOT OF PEOPLE. SO THE UNTIED STAES WILL HAVE A LOT MORE DEATHS.

December 5, 2010 at 9:20 pm |
  142. Tracey

This new technolegy will help anyone and everyone who uses it. It is very valuable and all gamers that are adicted could use this since it's just like a video game and is making use of their lives.

December 5, 2010 at 11:04 pm |
  143. Jasmine

I think simulators are more of a game than training. If you wanted to train you should do a real life situation in a training camp. I can play on a flight simulator and not know how to fly a plane

December 5, 2010 at 11:14 pm |
  144. ethan

they are both fun and needed for jobs they are fun becuse you can just fly around like a stupid person and not have to worry about it.they are needed because they help pilots learn how to fly.right now i feel like im in a plane becuse my vision does that.

December 6, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  145. bryce

Without simulators we would be lost because without it there would be no computers. simulators can be very helpfull in life like trying to teach you houw to drive our how to fly. it realy makes peoples lifes a lot safer.

December 6, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  146. sarah

i think that they are useful. it will give people the chance to try or experiment what it would really be like that way when they really are in the situation they are prepared

December 7, 2010 at 1:35 am |
  147. Ashley

I think that they are both used for fun and training. I also think that these simulators should be left to the kids as games. They should teach pilots and sailors how to do their jobs the way they did before all this technology... put them in a plane or boat and manually train them.

December 7, 2010 at 9:05 am |
  148. Robert

They are both really awesome and can help with jobs. The more simulators that are made the more people they need to teach you about the simulator. This would cause an EXTREME drop in the unemployment rate. We need these simulators. The train people for jobs and they require staff to keep them running!

December 7, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  149. Robert

The simulators will hopefully help people learn more and become more social. Some people can't find a job so it will hopefully pay alot, and people will be able to get a job more easily! The unemployment rate is just plummeting so i hope this will either slow it down or stop it overall.

December 7, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  150. stephanie

I think that stimulations are good for both entertainment and education

December 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm |
  151. Paden

The simulators are both vaulble and fun because a persons life is in danger if they don't use the simulators and the simulators would be fun because it's like a game.

December 8, 2010 at 11:58 am |
  152. Tia

Haha, cool! In my marine biology I will be able to train with a video game! 🙂 I wish they could do that for equestrian training.

December 8, 2010 at 8:44 pm |
  153. Dae'Shonna

I think they are good to use. 🙂

December 9, 2010 at 11:38 am |
  154. Dae'Shonna

I really agree with Robert's comment.

:mrgreen:

December 9, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  155. sanaa

this should be used at all schools. what kids nowadays are doing is sick and disgusting. they have no manners, an this is a very good way to teach them a lesson. every school should do this.

December 9, 2010 at 5:26 pm |