April 22nd, 2010

Mistakes Made with Money

It makes sense (cents?) why we're blogging so much about money; from Financial Literacy Month to the recession, it's on everyone's mind.

On Friday's show, you hear some great tips on how to save cash, when some of your questions about money get answered.  Now, tell us your opinion:  What's the biggest mistake teenagers make with money?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback
  1. Bailey

The BIGGEST mistake most teens make with money is obvious. They spend money on things they really don't need and things they will eventually ignore later on. A lot of teens need to open their eyes and buy things that will really make them happy and later on hopefully they won't think, "Why did I buy this?!?"

April 22, 2010 at 7:45 pm |
  2. Hayden

I have been told by so many teachers, adults, and college graduates that they wished someone told them how to manage their money when they were young so by the time they got to real life, they didn't have to learn the hard way. But I have also heard from just as many people that you should enjoy life when you're young and the rest will take care of itself, so I really don't know the 'right' way to go.

April 22, 2010 at 8:00 pm |
  3. Hallie

I think one of the biggest mistakes kids make with money is when they go out with their friends. They usually spend twice as much as they normally would because it is for a lot of people and they don't want to look cheap in front of their friends. I have some friends who go to funway every Friday but it is almost ten dollars each week and it is only for a couple hours.

April 22, 2010 at 8:05 pm |
  4. Eura

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is probably the urge to buy something we see at that moment. I've done this many times when I have money in my hands, which is why I find it easy to split my money and put it in two different places: one that is easy to carry around and one that is in a safe location.

April 22, 2010 at 8:28 pm |
  5. Patrick

I think they spend way to much money on things they don't need.

April 22, 2010 at 8:42 pm |
  6. Joey

I think that the biggest mistake teens make with money is buying anything, yes anything! We should save our money for collage and other important stuff. I've been really saving since 6th grade and now i have over $100.

April 22, 2010 at 8:43 pm |
  7. Keely

I think make-up.
    You are beautiful the way you are! Why change that?

April 22, 2010 at 8:58 pm |
  8. Patrick

I think if teens spend their money it should be on something useful, and that would help them in a way. They could also use it for school related stuff, and not spend it on somethink not worth while.

April 22, 2010 at 9:01 pm |
  9. Hannah

Teens just spend. spend. spend, and not only their money but their parents money. Teenagers should learn to work hard for their money instead of using others peoples money. Instead of spending you should be saving!

April 22, 2010 at 9:46 pm |
  10. Sadie

I think that they waste it on things that are not necessary, and they do this to be "cool." But not all teens do this.

April 22, 2010 at 9:47 pm |
  11. Shaun

I think biggest mistake to teenagers are they can't use intentionally.
    Because we tempted in many ways. We teeangers can easy to make excessive consumption.

April 22, 2010 at 9:51 pm |
  12. Michelle

Teens want to have the latest trends so they buy that trend and when that trend goes out of style they won't wear it anymore

April 22, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  13. Lizzy

The biggest mistake teenagers (or anyone could make) is spending it on some luxury that we don't really need or maybe placing money where we forget we put it. Then its useless for everybody!!

April 22, 2010 at 10:14 pm |
  14. Hayden

Money is just a huge responsibility and some kids aren't mature enough to handle it so they blow it up (or spend it) on all the things they don't need like cell phones, video games, CDs, etc.....

April 22, 2010 at 10:18 pm |
  15. David

I believe the biggest mistake teenagers (like myself) make with money is believing that our parents will take care of us and that there is no need to invest our money. Well my friends, we have no idea how much money our investment could make down the road.

April 22, 2010 at 10:31 pm |
  16. Alyssa

I think teenagers spend mony on things they don't need, like candy and junk food, also more dangerous things like cigarettes and drugs because of peer pressure.

April 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm |
  17. Shealing

Definitely texting way too much, they rack up huge bills that make parents very angry.

April 22, 2010 at 10:51 pm |
  18. Anonymous

Teens very rarely "earn" money in early years; they are given "allowances" or just money for daily expenditures (lunch/gas). they learn to "spend" without connection to responsibility way too early creating a difficult "habit" of money as an entitlement and / or a responsibility that must be managed.

April 23, 2010 at 3:33 am |
  19. Chandler

I think the biggest mistake that teenagers make on spending money would have to be the cars, the phones, or wherever they like to hang out with friends instead of using thier money more wisely.

April 23, 2010 at 7:03 am |
  20. Marie

I think that teenagers are a little getting too much money, because of the jobs that they do. I mostly save my money and I am trying to save up to get a ipod, but whenever I go to a store, I see some stuff that I really want to buy.

April 23, 2010 at 8:01 am |
  21. Andrea

I think kids are given money when they have not earned it making them spend more because they dont have to earn it and they can keep taking it from their parents. This keeps them from learning how to be responsible with money.

April 23, 2010 at 8:37 am |
  22. Ethan

Spending it all on cell phones. Texts, ect,ect

April 23, 2010 at 9:27 am |
  23. Nick

People should worry about money

April 23, 2010 at 9:31 am |
  24. Robert

you should start saving in the bank. your going to need it.

April 23, 2010 at 9:31 am |
  25. sarah

they proboally waste their money on achohal and cigarrettes.

April 23, 2010 at 9:37 am |
  26. bobby

people should be able to spend money however they want to.

April 23, 2010 at 9:37 am |
  27. Johnathan

I think it's great that they gave awesome tips on how to save money.

April 23, 2010 at 9:38 am |
  28. shannon

i dont know what to say about blogging or money so i guess that the econemy is bad??

April 23, 2010 at 9:38 am |
  29. delaney

i am not a teenager but i do know that a lot of teenagers make mistakes by spending money on things that they are not supposed to be doing.

April 23, 2010 at 9:39 am |
  30. tatianna

im not a teenager but i do know that most teenagers do spend their time spending money

April 23, 2010 at 9:40 am |
  31. Chase

I think the biggest mistake teenagers make with money is they spend it and don't save there money. If they would save their money, then they would be able to buy more expensive things instead of cheap things. Most teenagers are spenders not savers. to save your money you can get a cup and over time put coins in it. They may have over $100.00.

April 23, 2010 at 9:42 am |
  32. Sara

I think many teenagers spend money on things they think are cool and funny but end up being a waste of money.

April 23, 2010 at 9:42 am |
  33. Jordana

Teenagers spend to much at the mall sopping. They shop on stupid stuff likejewlery, cloths, tatoos, and buying stuff they dont need.

April 23, 2010 at 9:43 am |
  34. amber

save money in a piggy bank then when you grow older you will have about 300 dollars.it depends when you start

April 23, 2010 at 9:44 am |
  35. Quintus

I think they spend it on things they don't need. Also it could be used for college.

April 23, 2010 at 9:44 am |
  36. Chloe

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is they spend to much of it. They will buy lots of unnecessary items and then they just go broke.

April 23, 2010 at 9:45 am |
  37. Fasy

The biggest mistakes teens make with money is spending over half of there cash, with little to none left over to save.

April 23, 2010 at 9:55 am |
  38. marsha

the biggest mistake teens make wit money is that they dont know how to save it and they wanna spend it on every little thing that they see

April 23, 2010 at 10:30 am |
  39. yasmine

teens have made many mistakes with money. they would go out to a favorite store and buy everything they want till they run out of money.they could also take money from their parents and waiste it

April 23, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  40. Maddie

I have no idea!

April 23, 2010 at 10:49 am |
  41. Maddie

On their phones? You have to pay to text and stuff.

April 23, 2010 at 10:50 am |
  42. Jimmie

I'd have to say the biggest mistake teens make with money is spending it on drugs and alchohal or just spending it on stuff their never going to use! But mostly the drugs

April 23, 2010 at 10:53 am |
  43. joey

i think that the biggest mistake made by kids/teens is that they are hanging out with there friends and trying to show off how rich they are. therefor they spend more money maybe even on the ladies 🙂

April 23, 2010 at 10:58 am |
  44. cody

I think the main problem that teenagers have with money is that we spend it on video games or clothes or junk food that we don't really need. If we would save our money and buy a new outfit once in awhile we'd have a lot saved up for college or a car.

April 23, 2010 at 10:58 am |
  45. Nic

when teenagers get money there first thing they want to do is go spend it (like me) they don't think about saving it for later.

April 23, 2010 at 11:02 am |
  46. Spencer

I have to big mistakes that I make with money, as soon as I get it I usually spend it. Also its, when I go somewere, people always ask me if they can barrow money. I almost always say yes. Which is a BIG mistakes.

April 23, 2010 at 11:04 am |
  47. Alysa

I think that if a teenager smokes or drinks thats what they waste there money on, otherwise most girls use it on SHOPPING =]

April 23, 2010 at 11:04 am |
  48. austi

i think people send to much money on shopping and for drugs and everything else. i believe we all need to cut down on using alot of money for STUPID things.

April 23, 2010 at 11:06 am |
  49. Sam

I think the biggest mistake with money is they buy new clothes and shoes that they really dont need. I know that when ihave money it burns a hole in my pocket so i put it in a place that i never really look so that way i can save more money than i do spending it.

April 23, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  50. Ashley

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is always wanting to spend it. As soon as they get money, there is always something they want to buy. They don't even think about saving it.

April 23, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  51. sam

us teens make some stupid mistakes wisth money wo need to take time and just think do i realy need those shoes or do we need that game. we should just save our money for things that we may want later on in life.

April 23, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  52. Derek

i think the biggest thing with teenagers and money is that they want to spend like all the money they have on things they dont really need. for example you raked someones yard, the next day you go to the mall you try to spend all the mony you just got and dont even try to save it and put it away

April 23, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  53. Kyle

I think the biggest problem is that some teens will spend the money on stuff that they dont need. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

April 23, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  54. Buddy

the biggest mistake a teenager can make with money is obviously spend it

April 23, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  55. ;Dylan

The biggest mistake we can make is blowing our money when we know that in just a few years we will need a car and even college is coming up.But who can blame us for wasting money when our government seems to be so good at it...

April 23, 2010 at 11:45 am |
  56. Leonardo

It's a good time to start saving money in order to invest it in the near future. Teenagers don't do that.

April 23, 2010 at 11:49 am |
  57. Elmer

I think that the biggest mistake that teenagers make is wasting money on stuff that they don't need.. Me myself am a teenager ... but I don't like wasting money on stuff that I know isn't worth it. I like to save for something that will be worth it.

April 23, 2010 at 12:25 pm |
  58. William

Teens usally spend money on things that could get them into trouble such as drugs or false pruducts with chemicals in them.

April 23, 2010 at 12:38 pm |
  59. Thierry

The biggest mistake with money is to spend too much of it without saving it

April 23, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  60. Vanessa

I think that the biggest mistake teens make with money is not saivng it. They don't realize that their money can easily muiltiply depending on how long you leave it in a CD, Savings Bond, or even a good, high- interest bank account. They also don't try to make it a business of reselling online. There are several websites that one can use to resell an old ipod or used video game. They don't realize that there are many other ways to make money. My school district often offers several (writing) contests, as well as occasional math competitions, and kids don't try to take advantage of their love of a particular subject and make money off of it.

April 23, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  61. kyle

I think we should be more focused on our economie than sending the president more places until our economy is fixed.

April 23, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  62. Angelica

Teenagers make money and they always spent it right after they made money. I think they should save some money for college or something. It is bad to spent a lot of money. At the end guess what you will become poor.

April 23, 2010 at 3:03 pm |
  63. Austin

i think we teens spend it too fast

April 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
  64. Austin

Lots of teens try to save their money but see something new in the stores and can not resist it. and end ip spending all of their money.

April 23, 2010 at 4:57 pm |
  65. Casey

I think the biggest thing is teenagers spend their money on things they don't need as soon as you get money you spend it on something you never use or every wear.

April 23, 2010 at 5:43 pm |
  66. cora

i think there money goies down the drain by them...useing that money to party but really they dont need to.

April 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm |
  67. Johnah

Most teens don't use a bank then they spend their money on lots of stuff they don't need! Teens usually have chores but then go spend the money they earn when it on stupid stuff they don't need.

April 23, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  68. Nicole

I think the problem is trends. See, when it seems everyone else has it, you would want it, even is you don't want it. Then, in no time at all, that item is considered "uncool" and you don't want it anymore. That's money down the drain. So think before you spend.

April 23, 2010 at 6:28 pm |
  69. Lauren

I think one of the biggest problems is that we spend it on things we don't need but don't realize it until after we buy it. Another big problem is we want to impress people but it shouldn't matter how much money we have. We have it for a reason and we should use it for that reason!

April 23, 2010 at 8:17 pm |
  70. Cindy

I think the biggest mistake that teenagers make with money is not knowing how to spend it or use it. We can have a bunch of money and then spend it on some useless thing. Or we can run up the bills and not learn how to pay it. The mistake is when we think we know how, when in reality we don't. Its better to save a portion of your money then spend it on a bunch of useless junk.

April 23, 2010 at 8:34 pm |
  71. Shane

I think that the biggest problem is that hardly any teens save money.If they would save,they could buy stuff they want.I have been saving since I was like 3.

April 23, 2010 at 8:44 pm |
  72. Chris

Teenagers have the problem when hey think they have saved up enough they go out and spend it and sooner or later it's gone. Saving up help but when you can't stand letting it sit there it becomes a problem.

April 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm |
  73. roni

some teens are fortunate enough to come from good families that help them to save their money up. those less fortunate tend to spend their money on pointless items that they will eventually end up regretting buying it. some teens may even find themselves stuck in bad situations where, if they don't have any options, they will end up having to give all their money away because they got a little to friendly with the wrong people.

April 23, 2010 at 11:16 pm |
  74. Alan

Some Teenagers seem to not understand the full importance of college, therefore, wasting their money on things they don't need.

April 23, 2010 at 11:24 pm |
  75. NICK

TEENS STINK AT USING MONEY. THAT IS ALL I NEED TO SAY.

April 24, 2010 at 8:12 am |
  76. isaiah

teens are spending to much$$$ on things they don't need.

April 24, 2010 at 8:36 am |
  77. Cody

I mow grass for a living and I am know considering opening a bank account and putting 10% to 15% of what I make a month in the bank. I am looking foward to buying another mower for my little business. That was a great idea!

April 24, 2010 at 9:00 am |
  78. Simp

I think teens are spending when there not thinking when they spend or what they spend it on. MONEY DOWN THE DRAIN

April 24, 2010 at 9:36 am |
  79. Haleigh

April 24, 2010 at 9:49 am |
  80. pam

Teens spend money on silly things like wants instead of needs dont put money in a teens hand it can only cause trouble trouble trouble.

April 24, 2010 at 12:16 pm |
  81. lyndsey

Some teens DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THERE MONEY SO THEY SPEND IT ON THINGS THAT THEY DONT REALLY NEED.

April 24, 2010 at 12:19 pm |
  82. Erik

I think the biggest mistake for teens is spending money on stupid stuff like cloths or video games. I think we should be telling people to be saving some of the money they get for future.

April 24, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  83. Erik

I think the biggest mistake for teens is spending money on stupid stuff like cloths or video games. I think we should be taking the money we earn and put like half of it away for the future.

April 24, 2010 at 2:55 pm |
  84. K.

Teens spend way to much money on car gas and hand random items. It's ridiculous!

April 24, 2010 at 4:00 pm |
  85. Kay

Teens spend way to much money on car gas and random items It's ridiculous! With my sister, my dad has to force her to put her money in her banking account

April 24, 2010 at 4:06 pm |
  86. paige

i think teens spend there money depending on the situation.if theres pear preassure involved then they spend there money on bad things like coke or beer or tobbaco.that would be the biggest mistake Open YOUR EYES MORE TEENS ARE TURNING THE WRONG WAY WE NEED THIS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 24, 2010 at 4:23 pm |
  87. Sarah

The biggest mistake is not knowing to put the money in the bank! Teenagers just spend, spend, spend. It's time for us to learn how to save, save, save!! Bankers should start talking to students in schools, starting in elementry schools. Students should be educated better.

April 24, 2010 at 7:15 pm |
  88. Girtrude

In my opinion, students seem to make the mistake on spending money with impulse purchases. They don't think if they truly need it before they spend their money on it. It usually is something not important such as going to the mall with friends.

April 24, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  89. Tonya

Honestly, the biggest mistake between teens and money is that they spend their money on things that don't even matter. In a couple of days, teens will probably forget they even had it.

April 24, 2010 at 9:54 pm |
  90. AnneMarie

So what if teens spend all their money on useless things? Its THEIR money and you cant blame them for using it. Thats the beauty of being a KID! You spend money on the newest toy or outfit so you can show off to your friends! At least thats what I do..(:

April 24, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  91. Johnathan

I believe that the largest problem with teen spending is that teenagers spend money on things they do not need, they just want the item so they buy it. Such as $100 jeans when $10 jeans last just as long and work just as well, however, they do not look as “cool” so they refuse to wear them. Teenagers need to learn how to spend money wisely and to save some if not most of what they have for future needs, not current wants.

April 24, 2010 at 10:55 pm |
  92. Brice

...the tips said in the video were the same our personal finance teacher has been saying for the past two months

April 25, 2010 at 12:24 am |
  93. Mayank

The biggest mistake teens spend their money on is things they dont even need and it also depends on gender. A guy might spend their money on a game for a ps3 or xbox 360 and a girl would spend it on clothes and purses.

April 25, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  94. Syerra

mistakes made with money by teenagers is that kids my age think they need every new thing,all the hot things. But they don't.

April 25, 2010 at 12:12 pm |
  95. Autumn

The biggest mistake they make is that they spend money on things that they don't need and that is useless! If they buy it then later the day or later they don't even use it. Then they end up throwing it away. Thats wasting money.

April 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm |
  96. Dean

Teenagers make mistakes with buying new things that are sold, from ipods to phones to laptops. It costs alot of money and becomes less popular over a very short period of time.

April 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm |
  97. Kaylee :)

Teens now a days , spend money all they can. We should save money for more important stuff.

April 25, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  98. TASHANA

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IS THEY DONT USE IT WISELY,THEY MIND GOES OVER BORED

April 25, 2010 at 8:38 pm |
  99. Alex

Some big mistakes made with money made by teens are they try to soup up their cars or buy exspensive clothes that they don't need so they can look good in school

April 25, 2010 at 9:05 pm |
  100. Ken

money mistakes made by teenagers are mostly wasted on products like clothing and electronics in my opinion. As the years go on I see many people with electronics, bringing them into class when there is a rule that you are not allowed to bring them into class. There are also those people who break their electronics and then go get" Another" one. I just don't see why they would do that. They ask to buy things they want, not things they need. That in my opinion would be one of the largest money mistakes that teenagers would have.

April 25, 2010 at 9:30 pm |
  101. Ethan

I feel that the main mistake with teenage spending is that they don't get an official bank acccount to save their money. Because of this, the money seems less important and easier to squander. Not a lot of people would spend money if they had to go through the bank every time.

April 26, 2010 at 12:44 am |
  102. Barack

I would say it is that a teenager spends money on every little thing the might be enjoyable and never even use it.

April 26, 2010 at 7:52 am |
  103. Emily

The biggest mistake teenagers have with money is the spend it on things they don't really need. Like $75 video games for guys or $100 jeans for girls. It's sorta stupid how this happens!!

April 26, 2010 at 8:30 am |
  104. Axel

Teenagers probably waste the most money on soda going to the movies every other day. Teen girls are probably going to spend their cash on clothes or purses and guys will probably use their money pimping out their cars to get a chick.

April 26, 2010 at 9:41 am |
  105. Heaven

The biggest mistake teenagers make is spending money on things they don't need. I'v seen so many people come to school with new things all the time, and i wonder why. If only we teenagers actually knew the value of money. But we don't! So all the money that teenagers goes to waste instead of something worth needing.

April 26, 2010 at 10:17 am |
  106. Katie

Spending money on stupid stuff like new purses, cute shoes, and other junk causes many teenage girls to go broke. We always think we need the "next new thing" but we really don't. If teens keep spending money on useless stuff that they're just gonna use for maybe the next month, then why bother getting it?

April 26, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  107. chris

i think the biggest mistake teenagers use there money on is energy drinks, there pointless, all they do is make you talk fast then crash thats it.

April 26, 2010 at 10:35 am |
  108. Matthew

The biggest mistake is spending it as soon as they get it.

April 26, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  109. will

i think teens just dont really think about how to save there money they just go to the mall and spend it

April 26, 2010 at 11:12 am |
  110. Anonymous

when i get older i want save my money because i want to get a lot of money and get nice stuff.

April 26, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  111. Trent

Most mistakes that teens make with money. They buy stuff they dont need. Or they buy stuff that they will get bored of soon. Teens need to save there money and get something nice and that they will use alot.

April 26, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  112. Cheyenne

The biggest problem teens have with spending money is that they spend it on useless things they don't even need.They should be saving there money instead of spending it right away.Even if you just save a little bit of it,it will still add up eventually.

April 26, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  113. Kaleb

The biggest mistake a teenager makes with money is not saving any of it. They decide just to go and spend it on stupid things such as: Candy, Soda, and other things that they don’t need. Teenagers could choose to save their money and have more when they need to buy more important things such as: Clothes, Shoes, and things along that line.

April 26, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  114. Chris

Teenagers biggest mistake with money is that they spend it right when they get it.Most of it goes to things they don't even need. Most never put a single cent into savings. If they don't start saving money they won't be able to retire and will have to work the rest of their lives.

April 26, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  115. Jackson

I think if teenagers would save more and spend less they would be more ready for life. Like when they get out of high school they’ll go spend all there money on parties and stuff they don’t need.

April 26, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  116. hunter

I think one of the biggest mistakes kids make with money is when they go hang out with their friends. They usually spend twice as much as they normally would because it is for a lot of people and they don't want to look cheap in front of their friends. And they also want to impress the ladies with all their money.

April 26, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  117. tyler

one of the biggest mistakes that teenagers make is spending money. Instead of buying stupid stuff, you could put it in a bank account and it will build over a period of time. you could also spend it on stuff that you need instead of want. Buy something that is worth your money and is a good investment.

April 26, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  118. Kaitlyn

The biggest mistake with teenagers and money is that they spend it all at once. If we slow down and save a litte bit of it ,it would help us out in the long run. We all need to smart spend too like its crazy how much stuff we buy and we really don't need it. We all think o we have money now lets go spend it but thats not the way it should be we should slow down and but a few bucks away for savings.

April 26, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  119. jimmy

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is that they are shopping way too much or buying way to gum for there friends and them selves I think parents shooed control what they spend and how it is spent it is ridicules how much gum or mints we go thru in a single day now come on be brave and cut back a bit help change they world don’t give if you don’t want to

April 26, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  120. Nic

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is not saving it. We should put about half of it into savings. Instead most teenagers go and buy stuff like gum and do stupid stuff with it. They should keep it in a savings account so they have access to it when they need it like if they ever got in a car accident they have money to pay for the damage.

April 26, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  121. Rebecca

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is that they spend it. They spend their money on the first things that they want. It’s always burning a hole in their pocket, no matter what it is. They don’t put it into savings, or even spend on the things they really need. If they need new things, than they can purchase them with the money that they’ve earned. This causes the parents to have to pay for the things that they really need, while the teenagers pay for the things they want. Teenagers always think that they need the next new thing. They always need to be on top of the fashion, or at least that’s what they think. Teenagers spend their money without thinking through what they should spend it on.

April 26, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  122. austin

I want to save my money bcause i want nice things.

April 26, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  123. Melissa

I think the biggest mistake that teens make with their money is spending it on things you don't really need. Wouldn't you rather save that money so you could go to college? Besides, would you really want to spend that money on games, CDs, ect? Is it really worth it?

April 26, 2010 at 11:27 am |
  124. Quinton

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is they spend it. They spend it right when they get on useless stuff, and never put a cent into savings. If they would just put a little bit of money in a savings account every once in a while they would have a lot more money as an adult. Most the stuff they buy is really useless. They would have a lot more money when they decide to retire, if they would just save.

April 26, 2010 at 11:28 am |
  125. Abbey

What I think that mistake teens make with money is, is that we spend spend spend when ever we get enough money to buy something. Most of the time we get it just to have it and never wear it. We spend it on things that we don’t even need most of the time instead of spending it on things that we really need. If I were doing that I don’t know what I would do for college. I would prefer to just save it so I have a chance of buying my books and going to college, not buying everything in sight that I want.

April 26, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  126. jake

The biggest mistake teennagers make with money, is that they want to just pend it right went they get it. thay dont look aT the price of anything so when they go to get the idom. They have to give all the money up in the this.

April 26, 2010 at 11:30 am |
  127. Max

The biggest mistake made by teens is that they don't think ahead. I am saving my money for a vehicle when I get my license, but other teens I see saving for phone bills and video games.

April 26, 2010 at 11:34 am |
  128. Steven

The biggest mistake teens make with money is buy drugs and stuff

April 26, 2010 at 12:58 pm |
  129. howard

the most mistakes we make with money is we don't like to save money we like to go out and buy stuff that we want but don't need

April 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm |
  130. Anders

No matter what it is, teens will spend big bucks to have brand name stuff. If you can get it at Walmart for $5, people will buy it at Hollister for $20!

April 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm |
  131. Steven

the biggest mistake teens make is going spend mad with it

April 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  132. robert

they spend it all on stuff that that doesn't matter and they don't save it and if they saved it up for a while they will have a lot more.

April 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  133. Steven

The biggest mistake teens make is that they will not save the money they make they just want to save it

April 26, 2010 at 1:01 pm |
  134. Efren

they go and hang out and chill with friends at the movies and stuff spend it on food and DRINKS.

April 26, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  135. hayley

i beileve the biggest mistake teens make with money is that they spend it on random things they dont realy need. Or they dont think about saving there money.

April 26, 2010 at 1:19 pm |
  136. jake

I think that the biggest mistake that teens make with money is the spend a lot of the money that they get or make. The also like to buy unnecessary things like videogames. If the would same their money they would have a better future.

April 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm |
  137. Paulina

I think the worst way teenagers spend their money is on things they don’t need and things that aren’t worth their money in the end. For example, we will go out and buy a 10 dollar movie ticket and not even really want to see the movie.

April 26, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  138. jake

teens make alot of mistakes with money. i think there biggest mistake is they dont even save there money alot opf the times they just spend it. that is probably the biggest mistake.

April 26, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
  139. kendyll

The biggest mistake teens make with money is that they dont think ahead and they spend all thier money and they dont think before the spend or look at the price, and they dont save any of thier money.

April 26, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
  140. Anonymous

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is that they spend it. They spend it on food, candy, junk, and a lot of other things. They never save their money when they should. That is the biggest mistake teens make with money.

April 26, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  141. Anonymous

Teens often see something and think you know what, I need that. I can’t live without it. So then they take all the money they’ve been saving for something useful like an X-box360 and spend it on Axe. No offense to Axe. That’s the only brand of deodorant I buy. And then you now what, they went from having $100 to being broke in about 15 minutes.

April 26, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  142. Shiann

The biggest mistake teens make with money is the way they choose to use it. Teens (like me) spend our money on whatever will consume our time as entertaining as possible. Teens will spend there money on fast food, clothes, and entertaining outings. As soon as teens become more reliable on themselves, I think they will choose to spend there money more wisely.

April 26, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  143. momma.

Teenagers don't know the value of a dollor because they've become accustomed to their parents supplying all their necessities for them, thus resulting in the teenager friviously spending their money on things they don't need.

April 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
  144. Colton

I think that teens spend there money stupid. They spend it on what they don’t need. Most teens spend there money fast, and ways they can get in debt. They buy things that no one really needs, they can live without it.

April 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
  145. ekpe

I think one of the biggest mistake teens make with money is that right when they get they go out and spend it. They might save up to get something they want, but right when they have enough they spend it. You might need to save it for when you get into trouble, so you can buy something that will help you get out of your predicament.

April 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
  146. Charlie

I think teenagers spent their money too quickly. We spend it on food that we could live without. We spend it all at once on things we really don’t need. We need to save it up till we find something worth buying or saving it for when we go to collage.

April 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
  147. Jaelyn.

I think that teenagers make the biggest mistake of spending money on things we don’t need. Like clothes and going out to eat when you have food at home. We should be saving money for when were older so that we can go to college and by a car. We should save a little bit of money because eventually it will add up.

April 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm |
  148. Caitlin

The biggest mistake I think teenagers make with money is that most like to spend their money once they get it. Yes, there may be some teenagers who actually think about it and will save their money, but a lot of them think about what they can buy with the money they have now instead of what they can buy in the future with the money they save. So basically the main problem with teenagers is they just want to spend, spend, spend. Most don’t even pause to think about saving up to buy a car because a lot of children rely on their parents for that stuff and don’t realize that they aren’t always going to be there.

April 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm |
  149. jessie

I think the biggest mistake teenagers make with money is going places and candy. For example, going bowling or hanging at the mall could lead to a big waste of money. You could get so frustrated with a bowling game that you just want to keep playing so you keep wasting the money to keep playing the game. Or hanging at the mall with friends could lead to seeing something you want like a piece of clothing and wasting the money to get the newest trend of clothing. Teenagers waste money on things to have fun or look cool on something they don’t need.

April 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm |
  150. Beth

There are two main problems that teenagers have with money: loaning it out to friends and taking the money for granted. Friends will always say they’ll pay you back later, but you can never really be sure. Also, money is something that teens take for granted because most don’t have to work for it. You wouldn’t just spend it if you knew how many burgers you would have to flip to earn that..

April 26, 2010 at 1:27 pm |
  151. Jordan

I think the biggest mistake teenagers make with money is that of course they spend it, but what I think is worse is that most of us don’t even pay attention to how much we are spending. When we see something, most of the time we buy it without realizing how much we put into it. I have 2 or 3 things I’m into, those will keep me entertained for a while. For now I’ll save.

April 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm |
  152. Carlose

The biggest thing teens waste their money on is going places. I don’t know why teens want to go everywhere but it is a need. For instance going to the movies and that means teens need money go to the movies. or they need money to buy new clothes or shoes. That is what teens waste their money on.

April 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm |
  153. kendyll

I think the biggest mistake that teens make with their money is that they spend it. A little bit of money in a savings. We spend it on special brownies

April 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm |
  154. !!!Gabe!!!

One of the biggest mistakes made with money is that MOST teens NOT all teen’s don’t think ahead, they get impulsive and buy things that they want and don’t really need. A good example of this would be a teen buying a brand new convertible the day after graduation, instead of paying off all those hefty student loans. Another example would be a teen girl in high school saving up her money for a “insert popular all boy pop band here” concert, instead of using it to help pay for her college tuition.

April 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  155. shayne

the biggest problem is when teenagers see something they want they want to have it right then.i have domne this a couple times. i buy it then i wearit or do whatever with it and dont even use it again, it just sits there and does nothig. i think im going to go buy something that i dont need right now. i will talk to you later, i love your show and like all the funny jokes you tell. they make me laugh. i watch the texting show with opra over and over and over.

April 26, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  156. braden

the biggest mistake teenagers make with money is very obvious, they spend it. they should put some of their money in savings and spend the rest on stupid stuff that they dont need. for example i like to spend all my money on monster.

April 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm |
  157. john

I think they should save their money instead of spending it. I'm just saying the teenagers should save up some money for a car or something useful. If they keep spending they will not make it.

April 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm |
  158. bethany

i think alot of teens waist their money on clothes,shoes,movies,but teens are learning to start saving money for college and a car! i mean every teen has a weakness when it comes to spending money...my weakness is shopping.so whenever i go to the store i live my money in the car so i won't spend it.

April 26, 2010 at 1:33 pm |
  159. Brandon

I thinks the biggest mistake teenagers make with money is getting money and spending it right away.

April 26, 2010 at 1:34 pm |
  160. Isaiah

Teens normally spend impusively mainly beacuse they think their parents are made of money, most teens dont understand bills and debts and how almost everything they have in their house costs money and alot of it.

April 26, 2010 at 1:34 pm |
  161. taylor

Most teens ask parents for money and of course most of the time they get it, and spend it on something useless because they don't understand how hard it is to get your money, then keep it.... Teens need to think about the future.

April 26, 2010 at 1:37 pm |
  162. Josh

I think that the biggest mistake that teenagers make with money is a couple of things. One would be drugs, and this is because when a teenager is under pressure, under friends and others, they take drugs, and once they are addicted, and then they go to the nose trying to find and maybe even steal money, so that they can get their drugs, because they are addicted. Even though it is really hard to smuggle drugs under age, it can still happen, and when it does it is really hard to stop them. Another money waster is just candy, I mean, we all love candy, and when we have it it is like an addiction, and so we want more and more of it. And look at that, now we are all spending money on over priced candy, so that we can fill that craving, and look at this, now that we are spending what seems to be small amounts of money, and now they've lost thousands of dollars just on candy, which is sad. Now another money waster is on things of no use, and that seems to be a biiiiiiiiiig seller. Things of no use would be used to occupy time, and things that occupy time are things that sell. Bubble blowers, rubix cubes etc. that would be a big seller.

April 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm |
  163. Emma ;;;

The biggest mistakes teens make with money is spending them on things they don't need, then don't have the money when they actually need it. 😦

April 26, 2010 at 2:22 pm |
  164. Jared

Despite how delicious they are,the biggest mistake most of teenagers make is spending their money on things they don't really need, like fast food and energy drinks. Money should be spent on things that are more important, like college or at least on a savings account. When buying items, I like to use the phrase, " If you buy the stash, you lose the cash."

April 26, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  165. Katie

I think that the biggest mistake teens make with money is, well, spending. Most teens spend their money and then they don;t have it when they really need it. What are we going to do when our parents don't provide for us anymore?

April 26, 2010 at 3:32 pm |
  166. Austin

I think we spend money too soon instead, we should invest so when your older, you'll have alot of money instead of being poor

April 26, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  167. Lillie

They take out their wallet before they think.

April 26, 2010 at 4:18 pm |
  168. Anabella

People make a LOT of mistakes when it comes to money, from toys to lottery tickets, but I think they spend most on trendy stuff because, you know, everybody wants them. Teens also can spend their money on a soda or sub. They don't realize that when they spend money, it can mount up to big spendings, not big savings.

April 26, 2010 at 4:31 pm |
  169. Marco

I think the biggest mistakes teens use their money on are things they don't need like new clothes or new shoes or new video games and so on......they don't realize what will happen to them once they have no more money to spend

April 26, 2010 at 4:49 pm |
  170. marcus

they dont save money or enough.

April 26, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  171. cruz

Biggest mistakes that most teenagers make is they buy things they dont need waste of money.

April 26, 2010 at 4:52 pm |
  172. Robert

I believe the biggest mistake that teens make with money is buying not needed technology. Why an iPod? Why not a cheaper mp3 player. Why a $2000 laptop? Instead get a less expensive desktop.

April 26, 2010 at 4:53 pm |
  173. mathew

The biggest mistake is we as teenagers spend, spend, spend, and spend some more. We do not save ever.

April 26, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  174. katie

hi i think that we should keep our money in a bank or else we are not going to be able to save any money for school and some of us wont be able too go to college so we should not have wallets in our backpacks

April 26, 2010 at 4:55 pm |
  175. Bonnie

i think the biggest mistakes teenagers make with money is just spening it on stuff they dont really need. We can be saving money for other important stuff like the economy and other thing instead of skateboards and trading cards

April 26, 2010 at 4:56 pm |
  176. tezmariah

the biggest mistake teens make with money is that they dont save the money they get. once they recieve money they think " oh now i have money im gonna go spend it".

April 26, 2010 at 6:13 pm |
  177. Mariah

We get distracted by all the ads that are out there. I mean just the other day i saw an ad for american eagle and i just immediatly went to the store... i guess you could say that we don't always think about what we are buying.

April 26, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  178. Mitchell

Drugs ( which they shouldn't even be buying!!!!!!!!)

April 26, 2010 at 6:32 pm |
  179. Kendall

I think that teenagers believe that there parents will keep supplying them with money and unfortunatly in some cases it does. I believe that teenagers need to set their mind on one item that they want and save up to get that one item and not cheat along the way buying CDs, movies, or clothes.

April 26, 2010 at 7:11 pm |
  180. Kat

TEENS ARE STUPID WITH MONEY! THEY NEED TO GAIN SOME SELF RESPECT! I MEAN COME ON LOOK AT THE THINGS THEY ARE BUYING! TEENS HAVE NO IMPULSE CONTROL!

April 26, 2010 at 7:14 pm |
  181. Madelyn

Teenagers make to many mistakes on buying what they want instead of what they need. If they got more discipline and out view of what is important, we wouldn't have this problem.

April 26, 2010 at 7:20 pm |
  182. Erica

of course teens spend alot of money on useless stuff they don't even think about the stuff they are about to buy like makeup. Who needs makeup in the first place. And then what is going to happen if you spend to much money and you make you and your parents broke? Teens in my opinion spend WAY to much money i think that teens should be saving up their money for collage so they can get a good degree and have a good life.

April 26, 2010 at 9:03 pm |
  183. Jade

I think we spend the money casrelessly because we think money falls from tree. But really it dosent.

April 27, 2010 at 8:46 am |
  184. Jason

The people who are under 18 should not be allowed to play violent games and the older then 18 can play violent games.

April 27, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  185. Ashley

I think that the biggest mistakes teenagers make are with money they spend it on clothes and shoes. While the economy is suffering I bet the stores are making tons of money from us.

April 27, 2010 at 10:55 am |
  186. Dannielle

I know that personally i'm good at not wasting my money. I saved up for 6 months so that i could buy a new bike that i needed to get to school because my other one was falling apart. I am now saving up to buy a car. Teens do tend to spend alot of money on things that they don't need. Parents need to exhibit some control over their children's money or at least make them work for it.

April 27, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  187. Alecia

I think that the biggest mistake teens make with money is buying things that they dont really want or need just because everyone else owns it just to fit in.

April 27, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  188. Autumn

Teens always make the mistake by buying a bunch of clothes and shoes they don't need, and they don't even get the money themselves they just use there daddy's credit card

April 27, 2010 at 11:51 am |
  189. Damen

Kids spend more money with their parents because we didn't have to earn it but when it's our money we are more responsible with our money.

April 27, 2010 at 12:17 pm |
  190. Daniel

I think teens spend their money because they want something right then and their, insted of saving your money so you will have it in the future.

April 27, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
  191. Tori

The BIGGEST mistakest we all make is once we get money we have to go spent it, like it is going to burning a whole in our pockets.
    Also, we don't save for the future so by the time we move out all we have in our wallets are moths.

April 27, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  192. clay

teens like to show off in front of the friends and try to buy as much as they can . they should just get what they need not what they want.

April 27, 2010 at 4:55 pm |
  193. Mary-Rain

I don't know how many people over the age of 18 actually buy and play video games, let alone violent ones. I think that after this law, sales men would find that their sales are going down because the only people who buy these games are younger kids. I'm not saying that I like violent video games, but it is a bad idea.

April 27, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  194. Zach

Games are games no matter how old or young you are it only matters how it influences you

April 27, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  195. Jeana

Teenagers spend money on things they do not need, an example is a teenage girl will spend 2 dollars on an item worth 1 that they do not need and teenage guys spend a dollar on an item worth 2 because they need it. They do not save money because their parents pay for them in most cases they do not work for it and become careless. When this happens in college they will spend more money than necessary and go bankrupt

April 27, 2010 at 6:24 pm |
  196. Lenore

I think the biggest mistake teens make with teir money is that they see the money in their pocket and say, "Oooo, money!" It burns a hole in their pockets, I guess. Hey, it happens to me sometimes. I'll admit it!

April 27, 2010 at 6:49 pm |
  197. Emily

Teenagers spend A LOT more money than they need to it is dumb of them that is why they go to school.

April 27, 2010 at 6:57 pm |
  198. jism

i think the biggest mistake is that they spend money too quickly on things they dont even need. I have a friend thats went through three ipods in less than about 6 months and he keeps buying them.

April 27, 2010 at 7:17 pm |
  199. Tayler

I think the biggest mistake with money and teenagers is that they spend it on drugs and other crap they don't need. Even i spend money quickly i don't spend it on drugs but yes i do spend it on stupid stuff.

April 27, 2010 at 7:45 pm |
  200. Joey

Teen use money in the wrong way. Like, maybe a teen will by an expensive useless gadget because someone else has one and they want to be like them

April 27, 2010 at 10:54 pm |
  201. Savannah

The biggest mistake teenagers make is not realizing the value of the money they have. I get a monthly allowance and by the end of that next week, I've already spent it all. I have a bank account with money in it, but it never grows because I never have anything to put in it. Teenagers have more freedom now, so when they're given money, they can go spend it at their leisure.

April 28, 2010 at 8:03 am |
  202. Joseph

I think teens should chill.

April 28, 2010 at 8:31 am |
  203. Jessica (:

My opinion depends on gender, with girls i think its make up, clothes and fun things to do. For guys I think its more of video games and electronic stuff. Drugs could also be involved in the money issue.

April 28, 2010 at 8:34 am |
  204. Mike

The biggest mistake is that we don't save it because there are many different things that interest us and it usually isn't that cheap.

April 28, 2010 at 9:51 am |
  205. Sammie

I think the biggest mistake that teens make with money is that we don't save it. We spend it on totally pointless things that we don't really need, but we want because "everybody else has one".

April 28, 2010 at 9:51 am |
  206. Mason

I think teens learn that they have to spend the money they earn to have the latest fashions, the newest technology. They don't think about saving money and they often don't think about earning money. I know many kids just take money from their parents and spend it on what they want. I think the kids that earn there own money learn how to save it and not spend it on useless items.

April 28, 2010 at 11:43 am |
  207. Alex

I think it's spending to quickly on fast food!

April 28, 2010 at 11:47 am |
  208. Derek

The biggest mistake they make is spending it on things they don't need or drugs and alcohol.

April 28, 2010 at 11:48 am |
  209. Aiesha

The biggest mistake teens make our money is trying to keep up with the newest technology and style. Many teens will spend money on the latest Apple product, Nikes, clothing, or cellphone in a heartbeat. But we don't look at the big picture. Soon we will have to pay for college, a place to live, insurance, and countless other things. Splurging here and there is normal but we do it too much. Saving is much more benefical than getting the iPad. In this recession teens need to learn to save because we never know when we might really NEED the money.

April 28, 2010 at 12:07 pm |
  210. Fin

Kids spend money as soon as they get it and i think that is retarded save it so when you want something like a car or license you can pay for it very simple tards

April 28, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  211. Kasey

I think that the biggest mistake teenagers make with money is that they spend it all very quickly. A lot of my friends don’t save any money at all, and I think that is a bad idea. I like to save up my money in case I need it later for something I really want or need. Spending money on things that we don’t need and things that are way too expensive or overpriced is also a big mistake I think a lot of teenagers make.

April 28, 2010 at 6:22 pm |
  212. tezmariah

the biggest mistake teenagers make with money, is that once they get the money they just go and spend it on whatever they want even though they dont need it, or its not important. we should be getting things we do need and just going crazy spending money! i need to stop doing that as well.

April 28, 2010 at 6:23 pm |
  213. Lucas

video games are fun, but some people really do need to spend less time on them. Games such as call of duty should be played by people 10 or older.

April 28, 2010 at 7:00 pm |
  214. Steven

The biggest mistake teenager make is they spend it on things they don't need or that is important that they might need

April 29, 2010 at 10:04 am |
  215. Sam

I think that the biggest mistake teenagers make with their money is keeping it in their pockets, and letting it burn a whole in their pocket. I put my money in a bank account, so that i do not spend all of it. I keep a quarter of it with me and I put the rest in the bank.

April 29, 2010 at 11:49 am |
  216. emma

ok most teens do bye stuff they need but there is always somthing they want which in their heads is more important

April 29, 2010 at 11:53 am |
  217. tommy

teens waste most of their money on things that they dont need

April 29, 2010 at 12:44 pm |
  218. Calli

The biggest mistake us teenagers make is if we get a job and just spend. We need to save up for college and other important things for our future.

April 29, 2010 at 12:49 pm |
  219. KYLE

Teenagers usually spend money on things we dont need and we think we do but we end up never using them and wish we had the money back.

April 29, 2010 at 12:56 pm |
  220. Michael

They buy too many unnecessary things.

April 29, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  221. gabby

the biggest mistack is the people just dont care and just use up all there own money then complaine about having not a lot of money !!!

April 29, 2010 at 2:13 pm |
  222. Sierra

Kids have been buying stuff they don't need but what they want! What will happen when your parents stop giving you money? Do you think money will just grow off trees? well thats what my dad says. The more stuff you buy that you don't need would probably sit in your room, and when your room is messy, because its full of junk what are you going to do with it?

April 29, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  223. Tyler

Its because we don't have to worry about it we can just look to our family for more when ever they need it. When we get older we wont know what to do when we need money and they say no.

April 30, 2010 at 8:55 am |
  224. Lilly

The biggest mistakes teens make with their money all revolves around their social lives. Going to the movies, bowling, and other events can be a money guzzler. Not to mention the fact that people try to fit in by buying those expensive clothes you know your parents would never buy you.

April 30, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  225. Hanne

The biggest mistake teenagers make with money is that they spend it on short term things, rather than ones that will last for a long period of time, such as clothes, or subscriptions to magazines, and movies. Teenagers aren't really focused on saving for college applications and scholarships. I think this is becausein this day and age we are so far removed from what money really is and what it can do to our lives. We are just emerging from the time in our life where our mothers and fathers bought our clothes and our books for us. We can't keep this up.

April 30, 2010 at 10:20 pm |
  226. Ashley

kids spend money right when they get it ,it will help teens later in life to save as much as they can because what usally happens with most teens they spend it one the newest technology

May 2, 2010 at 1:31 pm |
  227. josie

people are making mistakes and alot such as building new things we dont need like where i live at there biulding a pharmacy which we already have 2 of them and cutting down trees just to make a third one dose not make scince

May 2, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
  228. Nate

I think the biggest mistake teens make with money is buying things they don't need .

May 2, 2010 at 4:37 pm |
  229. Ashleigh

Teenagers today go to the mall almost everyday of the week and they'll buy stuff that's expensive so they won't look cheap or buy things that are unnecessary.

May 2, 2010 at 8:25 pm |
  230. Katelyn

The biggest mistake that teens do in spending money is as soon as they get a pay check they spend most of it on things they don't need. They go shopping and they buy things like Dunkin' Donuts in the morning before school. Instead they should be spending it on things that are actually important, such as college, a car, school related things. BUT it is okay to shop for some things I mean come on were teenagers.

May 3, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
  231. Meghan

The biggets problem with money and teenagers is that we are not taught how to handle it! I think more schools should have money management classes in the future.

May 3, 2010 at 6:26 pm |
  232. Cameron

I think teens spend most of there money on energy drinks.

May 4, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  233. Torii

I save my money then spend it when i travel out of state or country and different opportunities to live life instead of save up for it.

May 5, 2010 at 12:58 pm |
  234. Batman

I think kids blow there money on stupid stuff because they think they are cool, and everybody else is doing it.

May 6, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  235. Shanya

The most common mistake teenagers make with money is that when they get money in there hand they just spend it on the spot and might buy things they don't need. Mabye sometimes we can't trust teenagers because they are not careful with money.

May 6, 2010 at 2:20 pm |
  236. Taylor

I think teens tend to spend most of their money on things that are unimportant such as clothes, shoes, texting, etc. I think that some of their money should be spent on these things, but the rest should be saved up or put away for important items and future events.

May 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm |
  237. Jazzmyn

Not Saving 4 collage and a Car but instead they BLOW it all away!!!!!!

May 8, 2010 at 3:00 pm |
  238. Rachael

Buying things they don't need. Teens spend way to much money on clothing, make-up, video games, etc. It's crazy.

May 9, 2010 at 8:45 am |