.
March 28th, 2010

Questions about Money?

Seems like everyone wants to know how to get more of it, but that's not what this post is about.  With Financial Literacy Month approaching, we want to help expand your financial literacy, so we're issuing a call-out for your questions about money.

Maybe you want to know about saving or investing.  Maybe you have some questions about how you can develop good financial habits.  Whatever your queries about money may be, ask 'em here, and we may have an expert answer them in an upcoming show!

Filed under: Feedback
  1. Noah

I want to save money for something but whenever I go out to the mall or somewhere fun I just spend, how do I control myself?

March 28, 2010 at 7:28 pm |
  2. savannah

The way to get alot of money is to work for it half of americans want to be rich but they just dont work for it they want it to come to them. In this economy though alot of people dont have jobs so getting money is alot harder is not like we could ask bill gates to give a few hundred dollars but yeah i wish it was alot easier.

March 28, 2010 at 7:34 pm |
  3. Tomy

Which kind of bond is best to buy?

March 28, 2010 at 9:20 pm |
  4. Braden

The main question that I have regarding money is about interest. How much does interest help in personal accounts, and how much does it hurt when it comes to paying off debts?

March 29, 2010 at 3:22 am |
  5. Nagham

Would it be smart for me to start saving my money in a bank account, like 20 dollars and save the 10% i get on interest? Or will that take to long?

March 29, 2010 at 7:03 am |
  6. Kendra

We should start to save up our money as children so that when we get older we can support our families.If we don't really need the clothes at the mall don't buy them because in 30 years it'll matter what we learned inn school not what we wore.

March 29, 2010 at 10:09 am |
  7. Leslie

Is everyone aware of compounding interest??
    I think it would be nice to show how much your money can grow if you leave it alone.

March 29, 2010 at 10:37 am |

What is really the best way to save up some money?

March 29, 2010 at 11:07 am |
  9. Ty

Is it better to invest in a stock or to put your money in a bank to bild intrest?, and should you put all your money in the bank or just half?

March 29, 2010 at 11:18 am |
  10. Yujin

Should I deposit all my money in one bank or several banks considering the interest rate? Which one is better? Many people say that the latter one is the basic of financial literacy, but I don't have much amount of money. What is the best choice for me?

March 29, 2010 at 11:48 am |
  11. Wendy

After the credit law became effective, it's harder for students to get a credit card. What kind of credit card should the students apply for with less chance of being denied for "limit credit history"?

March 29, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  12. Shaneda

what is the best way to save money? how?

March 29, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  13. sp

need better places to keep or save money be sides banks because of robreys at banks

March 29, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
  14. Shannon

What is a good amount of money to save, while I want to spend some on needed items?

March 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  15. first

what is the average percent of interest

March 29, 2010 at 12:11 pm |
  16. Ethan

How much money should I save for the future.

March 29, 2010 at 12:12 pm |
  17. Galina

My friends Uncle told me that the way he saved money and where he got to today is he got a job at the age of sixteen and never spent any of his money Only stuff that he needed to buy. Now he has two houses and vacations in Florida during the winter. Im doing what hes doing on how to save money and all

Do you think he was smart onhow he saved his money?!?!?!!

March 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  18. cody

i would like to know what i should do with my money if i should put it in the bank

March 29, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  19. Jennifer

i think that America is going over board in debt! and that we need to keep track of what we spend and cut down on what we buy!...i think its a big diffuculty for us to keep our money..with all the greatest new things out...we think we need them but we only want them! we need to keep track of that and think about thing before we buy things!

March 29, 2010 at 12:51 pm |
  20. arthur

i think its great that we the youth learn to save our money it will help our economy.

March 29, 2010 at 1:08 pm |
  21. Mitchell

What do you think i should do when i get a job, about how much should i save and how much should i keep in my wallet?

March 29, 2010 at 1:10 pm |
  22. Nate

How should I save my money ?

March 29, 2010 at 1:11 pm |
  23. Victoria

If you have a little extra money left from your job, should you save it or spend it while you can?

March 29, 2010 at 1:12 pm |
  24. Patrick

My question is...

I am 15 years old. I have a bank account that my dad set up. The only way I can take money out of it is if I get his signature. Sometimes when I need money to buy sports aquipment the bank is closed or I am with my step. How can I get more availability out of my bank account?

March 29, 2010 at 1:15 pm |
  25. julian

i think that this is really hard to decide becuase of children's

March 29, 2010 at 1:32 pm |
  26. Pres

I love money. I don't believe this is correct what Obama is doing. We should all spend it to get our economy boosting.
    Pres

March 29, 2010 at 1:41 pm |
  27. saber

If I had 20 dollars I would put it in the bank because the bank will add a little bit more money.

March 29, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  28. BigZ

What i do no matter what, is that I go straight for my wallet. Even though there's nothing I really really really want, it just may be better to spend a little at a time and save some for later

March 29, 2010 at 3:19 pm |
  29. Jenna

Well when i get money, now i tyth 10%, save half, and keep the rest for myself. It is a good way to get you into the habbit of saving. If you do that every time you get money you will turn out good in your later life times.

March 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm |
  30. Luke

What is the best way to keep money in the bank? Whenever I see something that I really want, but don't need I can't help but buy it.

March 29, 2010 at 4:54 pm |
  31. ms.wardens class

i think money is a big difference in the countrys economy my question is since the usa is in debt by like30 trillon dollars why dont they just make the money in the machines and pay the debt its so stupid why the goverment doesent get it just make the money and give it out. I know it sounds stupid but its my question.

March 29, 2010 at 5:37 pm |
  32. nash

last week my dad got a check and turned it into the bank they said he cant make any deposits for 2 days. My question is why dont they let you use the money right away i mean why cant my dad just keep it in his wallet. What im trying to say is when you get 20$ should you keep it in your wallet or put it in the bank.

March 29, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  33. Alix

In the summer I get 5 dollars for every patch of grass I mow. I want to save for a bike and college, but I also want some spending money to buy clothes. What do I do with my money?

March 29, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  34. michael

I want a job to earn money but im 14.What can I do to earn some money?

March 29, 2010 at 6:06 pm |
  35. Amber

I know there are different ways to save money but i want to know what is the best way to save money without losing money?

March 29, 2010 at 6:07 pm |
  36. essence

people should save money and not spend it and start tring to invest it

March 29, 2010 at 6:09 pm |

i have a few questions, how much money should i try to save for the future? how much money should i save if i need to spend some? and if i have money to spend should i save it or spend it?

March 29, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  38. Aysia

If you want to save money all you have to do is put half of your money in a bank.Or just do what other people do make a piggy bank!.

March 29, 2010 at 6:18 pm |
  39. Tyler

It is good to save money. money is good.

March 29, 2010 at 6:40 pm |
  40. Thomas

really i do not know why kids would rather go to the mall than saving up for future things like college

March 29, 2010 at 7:06 pm |

What I am mostly concerned about so far, is credit cards. How do you keep a orginized plan to pay off spending? And, when the credit cards may hahve rewards and easier transport, just having cash leads to no fees. Which should I choose?

March 29, 2010 at 7:22 pm |
  42. Alyssa

Every time I get money for anything I always end up spending it on something I dont need after all. How can I keep my money without spending uncontrolably?

March 29, 2010 at 7:50 pm |
  43. bethany

well i have my own account because i have job....but my parents want me to be smart with my money but sometimes i want some extra to do stuff how can i do that? because i want to be smart but i also want spending money (:

March 29, 2010 at 8:19 pm |
  44. corie

i like to save money but when i see something that i want i like to spend it how can i save more money than spend money?

March 29, 2010 at 8:37 pm |
  45. Tina

How can you tell what's a better deal? Getting 110 dollars right now or getting 120 dollars in a year if there aren't any risks.

March 29, 2010 at 8:42 pm |

Maybe if we did not have the heath care bill our money could get back on track, the problem is that it is going to take SOOOOOOOO... much money for people and we are already in debt by like thousands of dollars. so money is going down so fast. my question is, how are we going to get all the money we owe if we are having this health care bill?

March 29, 2010 at 9:14 pm |

If you receive lots of money but have must – needs that you need to buy, you should wait until you save enough money to buy all of the must – needs and a little left over maybe 50 to 100 $ so you aren't broke if you need something urgently.

March 29, 2010 at 9:44 pm |
  48. xuyan

Money is good and bad thing, not everyone can deal with it.
    Maybe the country is a better guy who should make sure that nobody making good life will starve, nobody kind should die or something because of no money.

March 29, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  49. jocelyn

What age should we start saving? Why is it so important to start at this age?

March 29, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  50. jeffrey

I think that we need to slack down on the items we dont need instesd the items we do need or the econemy is going to go over in debt so dont blow the money on the items that we dont need put in the bank to gain intrest......

March 29, 2010 at 11:19 pm |
  51. Hunter

I think that you should save some money in the bank but also keep some on hand in case the bank closes.Also I think that more kids should not spend all of their money on candy and start saving more of it.

March 29, 2010 at 11:38 pm |
  52. marcus

I love buying things, but my money goes by so quick I don't have enough for the "important" things I need. How can i control my spending?

March 30, 2010 at 1:31 am |
  53. Harry

I want to get or save money. I have 5000dollars, what should I do. Put it in the bank or invest? Where should I invest??? Where is the safest place to invest?

March 30, 2010 at 2:55 am |
  54. Jared

How do stocks work? I know some people that invest in it, is it worth putting your money into the stock with what's going on with the economy right now?

March 30, 2010 at 7:41 am |
  55. Rhiannon

What is the amount of intrest you get every year?

March 30, 2010 at 8:11 am |
  56. Ryan

What percentage should be saved from a steady income?

March 30, 2010 at 8:28 am |
  57. Jessica

Would it be smart for me to get a bank account and let it save up over time or would spending it help me more?

March 30, 2010 at 8:44 am |
  58. Paige

How do I control myself wish spending? Its as if I'm addicted to new things. It doesn't matter what it is I'll buy it!

March 30, 2010 at 8:46 am |
  59. Maria

What is the difference between stocks and a mutual fund?

March 30, 2010 at 8:52 am |
  60. Lindsey

I have a job and my own bank account. It is really hard to save and budget my money because it seems like everything is a giant money drainer. I just want to know how I can save money, but still buy the things I need..and some things that I want.

March 30, 2010 at 9:41 am |
  61. Jillian

I know that at this time in our financial crisis there are many ways you can go wrong when handling your money. My question is what are some ways that you can't go wrong when "banking", for lack of better words?

March 30, 2010 at 9:42 am |
  62. wesley

My question about money is do u guys at cnnstudent news think that it would be better to invest your money in some kind of company or put it in a savings account or a cd?

March 30, 2010 at 9:43 am |
  63. adam

i would like to be able to save more money. i have a savings account that i put money into. the only downside to this is it doesnt make much money. the interest i receive is like 1/2%. so my questinon is were is the best place to put my money at to make the most money

March 30, 2010 at 9:44 am |
  64. Bethany

I have a job and am trying to save up to have a little money for when I go off to college in the fall. However, I don't live with my parents and have to pay for all of my university tuition deposits and housing fees, etc by myself. If it isn't spent on college it's spent on gas or groceries. My boyfriend takes care of the rent and electric but I still can't seem to find any money to put aside even though I know I need to save now. Please help!

March 30, 2010 at 9:44 am |
  65. Melissa

My first question is should I put my money into several banks or just one bank? My next question is what is best way to save money in the recession that we are in? Everything is so expensive, why do the wealthy stay wealthy? How will the change in getting student loans affect our upcoming expenses as high school graduates?

March 30, 2010 at 9:45 am |
  66. Megan

I don't have a regular job, so I also don't have a steady income. I earn money by doing odd jobs or babysitting. I have a savings account, but I don't make routine savings deposits. How can I prepare for the future, when I will have to make a budget and save more regularly?

March 30, 2010 at 9:49 am |
  67. Cody

I have plans on investing my money in something in the future. So my question would be is there any stocks, or any company in the United states today that I could invest in that would practically gurantee me to turn a profit. Or is there even any company i could invest in that would still turn a profit in todays current economy?

March 30, 2010 at 9:55 am |
  68. Savannah

My parents don't trust online banking or shopping because they don't want to give out their credit card number online.
    Are online banking and shopping safe? Are there any benefits you can get from it that you wouldn't get otherwise?

March 30, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  69. Derrek

Is it a smart idea to put a little of your paycheck into a jar each week to save in case of emergencies? I've always been curious as to what is the safest way to save up your money

March 30, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  70. Mike

I just started to make money.
    Its not much and I would just like to know if I should spend it on buying stuff for myself so my parents don't have to. or if I should save it for college since we are short on money.

March 30, 2010 at 10:42 am |
  71. Emma

My parents have an account for me in the bank, but I don't know how much money is in it, when I'll get access to it, or if I have access to the account now. I want to be able to manage the money on my own, but is it better to let it stay in the bank and gain interest, but not have any access to the money?

March 30, 2010 at 10:43 am |
  72. Venus

One financial thing I do not understand is the stock market. Is it worth money to invest in something? I also want to know what my goals should be financially so that when I get out of school and start working I will have enough money to pay for a car and gas, and also be able to purchase a home someday.

March 30, 2010 at 10:43 am |
  73. Baha

If the dow jones goes down do we pay more for things we buy?

March 30, 2010 at 10:59 am |
  74. Alysa

If we are so low on money why do they keep spending money on stupid stuff?
    (health care bill)

March 30, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  75. Sam

I am only 13 so i cant really get a job. What are some jobs that i can get.?

March 30, 2010 at 11:01 am |
  76. ludicris

Ty i have the answer to your question, it is better to put you money in a savings bound and allow it to build up so you have enough money for college and even a retirement found. And the same advice to everyone else. Bye bye

March 30, 2010 at 11:03 am |
  77. Derek

would it be better to save now and spend later for college or spend now for the important stuff we need?

March 30, 2010 at 11:04 am |
  78. will

how much money does the president get payed and does the president pay taxes

March 30, 2010 at 11:05 am |
  79. Lotus

i love money. I don't believe this is correct what Obama is doing. We should all spend it to get our economy boosting.
    Lotus

March 30, 2010 at 11:05 am |
  80. Spencer

What state are you most likely to move there to get a job, and why is it so hard to save up money?

March 30, 2010 at 11:06 am |
  81. nikki

money is important but what but health care law.

March 30, 2010 at 11:08 am |
  82. Bartholomule

We should all spend more money on getting the economy to it's original state, its a good idea.

March 30, 2010 at 11:09 am |
  83. will

what is the smarts way to spend my money when im 14

March 30, 2010 at 11:11 am |
  84. will

how should i pay of a bill

March 30, 2010 at 11:14 am |
  85. will

should i take a loan

March 30, 2010 at 11:15 am |
  86. will

whats better credit or debit

March 30, 2010 at 11:15 am |
  87. will

how should i spend my money

March 30, 2010 at 11:17 am |
  88. adam

If we save up our money than once we get enough aint we just gonna spend it?

March 30, 2010 at 11:58 am |
  89. sarah

I want to get a job this summer to start saving up for school and drivers ed. Im almost 16. Its so hard to find a job this summer. how can i find a job or earn money?

March 30, 2010 at 11:58 am |

SELF CONTROL, it's not like I go out when I know I need to save money, I dont go to the mall and get an Ewok when I need to save, I'm Just sayin

March 30, 2010 at 11:59 am |
  91. Aaron

Americans need to start spending money! the whole economic depression is because our money isn't circulating at all, and saving is not better than spending.We have to spend. Everything gets worse before it gets better

March 30, 2010 at 12:00 pm |
  92. Alexis

What exactly does all of this do for the world?

March 30, 2010 at 12:30 pm |
  93. Katelyn

What should I save for first? Should I start saving for a car first or should I should I start saving for college first? They both seem pretty important to me, but I'm just not sure which one to save for first?

March 30, 2010 at 12:31 pm |
  94. Alexis

How could I save money as a person going into drivers-ed, trying to get my license getting a car, getting a job, how can I try to save money?

March 30, 2010 at 12:33 pm |
  95. carley

How can someone in their teens save money for cloths, drivers Ed, and all of the other things that are important to us as kids when we can only make minimum wage?

March 30, 2010 at 12:34 pm |
  96. Dylan•

I think its hard for americans to figure out spending for the fact: Our government has long past drowned us in debt!! We should really consider our spending as well as our governments spending, because with all these new bills is just a burden that my generation will have to struggle with.

March 30, 2010 at 12:43 pm |
  97. Random•

My question is...

What is an average/good percent of my income i should save?

March 30, 2010 at 12:46 pm |
  98. Durant

I have recently started to work and have opened a bank account. I would like to know at what age should I get my first credit card? Would it be much better if i got a debit card?

March 30, 2010 at 12:49 pm |
  99. tyler

should i put all my money im saving in the bank or keep some at my home?

March 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  100. courtney

how are we suppose to save money when there are a lot of things people need now a days that arent cheap and with not a lot of job openings people arent getting a lot of money.

March 30, 2010 at 1:21 pm |
  101. charles

should parents with disability save receipts that they spend for there children? so they can prove that they are spending that money for them?

March 30, 2010 at 1:22 pm |
  102. taylor

do you think it's a good idea to start saving money a lot? Considering we're having problems in our economy, it might be smart to save it for when you REALLY need it... Right?

March 30, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  103. Fin

I think money can be used in a good way and also in a bad way. You can do god things with it and bad.

March 30, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  104. Brandon

I work during the summer. And i take half or more than half of my paycheck each week and put the rest in my bank. Is that a good idea?

March 30, 2010 at 1:25 pm |
  105. Traiver

I think we all need to save money. There are people out there using their money like there's no tomorrow. My school is suffering from lack of money. I think it's because our school doesn't save money. They use it on new computers and things we don't really need.

March 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm |
  106. Devin

America needs to start using their money more wisely so we can get out of debt and get the economy back up where it's supposed to be.

March 30, 2010 at 3:40 pm |
  107. Traiver

I think everyone should save money. My school is poor. I think it's because we don't save money. My school uses most of our money on technology and things we don't really need.

March 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm |
  108. emma

I don't know why we classify people based by how much money they have, what kind of car they drive, or whether their shirt is cashmere or cotton. My question is why is money so important in our social, personal, and work lives?

March 30, 2010 at 4:18 pm |
  109. Emma

I will admit it and my friends at Irving will admit it too. I am a shopaholic and LOVE fashion, I can't walk by ANYTHING cute and not try it on or buy it. I work at my dad's bike shop and only get 5 dollers a day even if I work my butt off. How can I save my money and not grow broke? Help me I'm doomed!

March 30, 2010 at 4:25 pm |
  110. Fabian

Why do some people get more money thn others when they do their taxes.

March 30, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  111. jesse

where is the oldest dollar

March 30, 2010 at 4:47 pm |
  112. Stephanie

Are you alowed to cash a check ober $50 at a neighborhood store?

March 30, 2010 at 4:48 pm |
  113. Justin

What is the minimum wage for the nation?

March 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  114. Micah

If the bank gets robbed, will you get all your money back?

March 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm |
  115. Allie

Why is our countries huge debt coming out all of the sudden to the public when we've been in debt for more time than he public had known about it. Why is there so many poeple worrying about such a HUGE debt all of the sudden when theres been a debt for a long time.

March 30, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  116. Shane

Do you thik we will ever come out to deta?

March 30, 2010 at 4:57 pm |
  117. Jocelyn

Why is it that people are so eager to spend money as soon as they get it?

March 30, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  118. Aditya

There is no way we can survive without money, and we need to use it everyday. For example, we go to the mall one day. I see something I really like, and force myself to buy it. How do I control myself? This is what every human goes through. Poor, Rich, it doesn't matter.

March 30, 2010 at 5:13 pm |
  119. victoria

I would want to know how us teenagers know were making the right choices on our finacel stuff. How do we know if it is the right choice or not,if it will help us out in the futer,and if it is for our best benifits.

March 30, 2010 at 6:17 pm |
  120. Brianna

Why is the government in such debt?

March 30, 2010 at 7:42 pm |
  121. Cassi

It seems interesting that the government is very greedy money-wise. Why? If you really think about it, money isn't the most important thing in the world.

March 30, 2010 at 8:33 pm |
  122. Amber

What is the whole thing with saving money? How can you save money in a simple manner because as far as i know you its impossible to save it with out losing it.

March 30, 2010 at 9:04 pm |
  123. Michael

Why does money change appearance after a period of time? Who decides what goes on money?

March 31, 2010 at 8:05 am |
  124. Elijah

Who made the first U.S. dollar? What is the history of the symbols on the U.S. dollar?

March 31, 2010 at 8:07 am |
  125. RONI

I really think bullying is not going to stop whether you plan to punish the person that is doing the bullying. I wish it would but i doubt it will ever stop.

March 31, 2010 at 8:20 am |
  126. Anna

here's my thing, i have a lot of troubles saving money, i will get paid like 25 dollars babysitting and just go out and spend it, I want to know how to be responsible because my mom has tried, but I just dont know how to do it and sometimes I put it in the bank and 2 days later just take it out so I never have over 100 dollars in my savings acount that has only happend to me 1

March 31, 2010 at 12:27 pm |
  127. Kyla

Why do schools not teach you how to deal with financial issues (such as taxes, debt, savings, etc)? Isn't that what's really important?

March 31, 2010 at 5:12 pm |
  128. Emma

How do I control myself when I go shopping? I always seem to buy whatever I like, so how do I control that?

March 31, 2010 at 5:55 pm |
  129. Rachel

A lot of times I get too CRAZY with the money I get from allowence how do I control my CRAZYNESS?Thanks I love your show watch it everyday 🙂

March 31, 2010 at 7:54 pm |

I think that bulling really can cause a mistake, why don't we stop? Its a law? You don't steal, you don't punch people-bullying is a law too! FOLLOW IT!

March 31, 2010 at 9:45 pm |
  131. Jarod

how can you save money without having to lose it? people should think about how much they spend on the things they "need" and the things they "want".

March 31, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  132. JJJ

I think that we should start learning about financial issues becuase if they don't then when people talk about money we'll have no idea what there talking about.

April 1, 2010 at 8:29 am |
  133. Sammie

What is the best way to save money for college?

April 1, 2010 at 9:53 am |
  134. Ryan

How did the government get into debt in the first place?

April 1, 2010 at 2:21 pm |
  135. Jacinda

If the bank ever catch's on fire how do they pay everybody back

April 1, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  136. Anomynous

I try to save money but it is very hard. I tell myself to save, save, save. But when I see something I like I get it.

April 1, 2010 at 8:11 pm |
  137. Grayson

If you come up with a financial plan at the preteen age and have it all sorted out, you will be less likely to have a panic-attack later on

April 1, 2010 at 8:54 pm |
  138. Rebecca

if your going to camp or a trip and you wanted to get some spending money(NOT FROM YOUR PARENTS!) how would you get some???

April 1, 2010 at 9:10 pm |
  139. Nick

This is just the start of our countrys reform which we need. We spend money now to make it later.

April 2, 2010 at 9:58 am |
  140. Cora

i think tht most people have to spend their money for the things taht they what and not on what they really need. now, some people cant really get anything because of one very " speacil" person! do you know who that is? no.. ok then... i ill just have to tell yo then....it's .... BARACK OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!! it is getting out of hand that almost everything is going up about $1.50! lastly, can we (americans) do something about this ???????

April 2, 2010 at 2:44 pm |
  141. Raphael

To make money you have to control how to not spend it after you see the first thing you want, spend it for something good that will last long and help you like your college money. If you spend alot on what you want you can achieve it!!!

April 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  142. Quintessia

Why do kids have to worry about the recession and problems in our government? We are just kids we should be worrying about school and eating healthy!

April 3, 2010 at 1:23 pm |
  143. Nguyet

The things with the young people these days are that they are to worried about their vanity. People now try to climb "the social ladder" to reach their ambitions and while climbing it, they hurt other people. The best way to save money (for me) is to not spend it on unnecessary things. Like a 200 pair of jeans that are "in". Designer clothes are just fads and quickly go out of style.

April 3, 2010 at 5:45 pm |
  144. Nguyet

Is it a financially good idea to bet on stocks these days?

April 3, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  145. Maranda

Whenever i babysit i get 10 dollars each time but all of a sudden i spend it on something i use once then when i see something i need i cant get that because i have no money so how could i keep my money and stop my habit ?

April 3, 2010 at 9:55 pm |
  146. Aditya

How do I saw money for college? I may not be as smart as the other kids, but I still have to accomplish my goal by getting into a good college. However, this requires money. How do I save money for college?

April 4, 2010 at 2:34 am |
  147. Sarah

How do banks make any money to help fund themselves?

April 4, 2010 at 3:02 am |
  148. Hanne

How do you manage a job while in high school? What are the best ways to save for college? What are some good scholarships to apply for? What if you have no idea how you're going to save up enough money to apply to more than two relatively close universities in the first place?

Advice: TAKE FINANCIAL LITERACY IF YOUR SCHOOL OFFERS IT. EVEN IF ITS NOT A REQUIRED CLASS.

It is a required class at my school, and it has helped me understand all this stuff you need to know to survive in this world. All the info on credit cards, pay checks, mortgages, setting priorities, buying and selling properties, paying bills and taxes, bank accounts, and so on.

April 4, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  149. Brian

I want to know why people in our society don't teach students about money and how to deal with it. I have only had a job week and it wasn't that great. We learned not to burn your money and just spend that's about it. I think it would be better if we learned how to handle money in the U. S. we would be financially better

April 5, 2010 at 7:46 am |
  150. Breanna.

i think /know that bullying is not rite but how ever if some one is getting picked on i dont think that sombody else should come between whatever's happing because it would cause a bigger scene. the person that is getting picked on should tell the school or there parents/police.

April 5, 2010 at 2:16 pm |
  151. Polly

I recently received plenty of money. I put it all in the bank, though I am allowed to spend some of it. I don't want to waste it so how do I chose what to buy, and watch my spending?

April 5, 2010 at 11:02 pm |
  152. Jake

Whenever I get money from a family member on my birthday or at Christmas, I take it right to the bank. I am saving up for something in my bank account but for right now I'm just going to keep it in there. I know times are tough right now, so i suggest that if you get money, don't immediatley spend it, "save it for a rainy day." It'll do you good and our economy.

April 6, 2010 at 8:35 am |
  153. Kassandra

Is it better to put away a lot of money, and just try not to spend it all; or is better to put a little away at a time, so that it is less tempting to spend?

April 6, 2010 at 2:48 pm |
  154. Jacob

i have a harley davidson stock and its price is plumiting so much

April 6, 2010 at 7:00 pm |
  155. Kylie

For me I really like buying neat things and pretty stuff but I need to have a little if there is something I need and it's the time that I can't live without, I can buy it. Just go by the rules: If you don't abbsolutely love it, you don't think you'll use it very much, or you can live without it then don't buy it. People spend so much money on things they really don't need! People go into debt but yet they have all these neat expensive things like, motorcycles, high tech. devices, the brand new cell phones every month. Just don't buy it, down grade your stuff, or buy on sale until you are financially ready to buy these things you like to have. Slowly make your way up by saving money in a bank acount and get bare escentials until it's time for you!

April 6, 2010 at 9:04 pm |
  156. Topher

Many have been talking about how the U.S. is borrowing a lot of money from other countries. How do we use the money from other countries. Also, do we convert the money into dollars, or is it like borrowing gold, and other things of that nature.

April 7, 2010 at 1:22 am |
  157. Rachel

I really don't understand the difference of compound and simple interest.

April 8, 2010 at 10:46 am |
  158. Journie

What would be a good way to balance my money without spending to much of it?

April 8, 2010 at 4:37 pm |
  159. Jake

Saving money can be hard but you just neeed to go help a neighbor or something. Usually, you will get overpayed because you are a kid. I am not saying take all your neighbors money...just find a job that you enjoy and get paid.

April 9, 2010 at 1:24 pm |
  160. Louis

Finance bored me. I do not care for daily news concerning the topic.

April 9, 2010 at 7:28 pm |
  161. Raquel

Do you know how to get more money to save for collage

April 14, 2010 at 12:49 pm |
  162. Rachel

I've been trying to find a job for months now. No one is hiring. I get money monthly for social security. But it goes so fast. How can I learn to save my money so it will last me longer until I can find a job?

April 16, 2010 at 1:42 pm |
  163. Magen

Why does America revolve around Politics and Money issues? That makes us americans seem like we are people who spend money that we dont have

April 19, 2010 at 6:45 pm |
  164. Mikayla

I'm pretty good at saving money but sometimes I spend all my money on other people how do I balance it out?

April 20, 2010 at 11:32 am |

will the value of the dollar bill go up or down in the future

April 20, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  166. Robert

When I get money I usually deposit half in the bank and I use the other half..

April 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  167. Helen

wHY CAN'T THE GOVERNMENT JUST PRINT OUT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OFF THE LITTLE MONEY PRINTING MACHINE AND GIVE IT TO PEOPLE? We'd all have lots of money and have no more debts!!!!!!!

April 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm |
  168. Anthony

The value of a twenty dollar bill is more like the value of a five dollar bill or a ten. When I go to the mall my money doesnt go any where exspet to the cashier.

April 23, 2010 at 9:45 am |
  169. Caitlin

The biggest mistake with teenagers and money is that they dont make a good combination. Teenagers tend to spend their money all at once, and dont think about saving it for a rainy day when they really do need the extra cash. I believe we teenagers need to become smart spenders and save all that we can for the future years ahead of us. Eventually we all will hopefully get a job and work, but before that we should learn to proportion our money and not spend it in the blink of an eye. Save, save, save.

April 26, 2010 at 11:26 am |
  170. brittany:)

People love to speen there money and they can buy what ever they went with it:)

April 28, 2010 at 12:43 pm |
  171. tezmariah

a lot of teenagers think that once they get money they can just go and spend it, but no you cant because its not like you have all of the money in the world. also since teens get their money from their parents they can just spend it then go ask for more.

April 28, 2010 at 6:09 pm |
  172. Dawn

many teenagers when they get money they just want to go spend it and exspect for more instead they she start saving it for something more important 🙂

April 30, 2010 at 5:03 pm |

many teenager when they get money they will sometimes go out and buy something insted of saving up to use it for something more important

April 30, 2010 at 5:36 pm |
  174. Dawn

many teenagers will get money and go buy something and exspect more insted of saving to get something more important:)

April 30, 2010 at 5:38 pm |
  175. tyler

teens should stop spending money on stuff they really don't need and the should learn how to save or they won't make in the real world

May 3, 2010 at 3:51 pm |
  176. ashley

should i start saving my money when i really want clothes and games, but to be safe save money any way?

May 6, 2010 at 4:01 pm |
  177. someone in per.3

Thank you (Mr.Richard) for being a great teacher. Although I'm always lonely in class and never talk, I love all your jokes you said everyday. It made me smile and I love your class.

May 6, 2010 at 8:03 pm |
  178. Rukayat

Money,Money,Money.Everybody loves to spend it. Well,in 2010 millions of are spending money so much it can make your head spin.Even kids up to 5 years old and up are spending money because they see adult just spending away.Not all adult do.

May 7, 2010 at 9:15 am |
  179. John

Many teenagers will get mosney amd go buy something expensive more instead of saving to get somethink important:)

May 7, 2010 at 1:43 pm |
  180. geona

teenagers usaully gets money n spend it on useless stuff what u really need is to get money spend it on money u really need ♥ 🙂

May 7, 2010 at 10:22 pm |