.
January 14th, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti

We'd like to know how you've reacted as you've seen this story on CNN Student News.Β  Tell us if you know anyone who's been affected by the earthquake, and share your thoughts on the images you've seen of the people, the rubble, and the relief efforts taking place in Haiti.

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Shelbee

I think the U.S and other people are doing the best they can to help the people in Haiti and thats great.

January 14, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  2. Vanessa

I know we have everything we need, notin dire need of anything. And those poor people who don't knowif their loved ones are okay. We should be thankful of what we have. Haitans right now are going thru rough times.

January 14, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  3. Jessy

just wanna say that all those who are suffering in Haiti will suffer no longer! i just donated 20 dollars !! help the cause send money to the poor and help them they deserve a life away from poverty!
    -Jessy

January 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm |
  4. Casey

The thing that bugs me about all this relief work and such is the fact that Haiti really didn't get help right away. I remembering seeing on the news that only 3 ambulances were on the street in Port-au-Prince. Thats not enough for all those people who need help! The most critical time for relief is right after the disaster occurs. I think the Haitian Government did not get things moving fast enough and thats understandable. I would be in a state of shock too if my country had that much devastation that quickly!

January 14, 2010 at 7:57 pm |
  5. Evan

I hope they have the best of luck and a succesful recovery. I will hope people will send money and help them.

January 14, 2010 at 8:24 pm |
  6. Paige

This is a devistating disaster and I'm glad the US and other countries came to help. If we hadn't I would do my best to make a difference in there community.

January 14, 2010 at 8:27 pm |
  7. Jasmine

I think that because they are the poorest country, this is horrible. We should all help. If we asked everyone to donate, we would make a difference.

January 14, 2010 at 8:47 pm |
  8. mallory

This is a terrible thing to happen, and we should all be helping and keeping the people of Hati in our thoughts when they need us the most.

January 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm |
  9. Jamie

half of the people that live there are going threw tough times people that were por that had shelter lost there homes becuase the earthquake destrpyed many homes hspitals and etc.If i were in that situation i would be upset but would stay strong

January 14, 2010 at 8:59 pm |
  10. kirsten

the people in haiti will no longer suffer i will donate as much money ass possible -kirsten

January 14, 2010 at 9:01 pm |
  11. Brandon

Stricly educated I think that the whole Earthquake in Haiti has made the United States awaken, and that I helped by donating $10 which you can also do by myspace, also facebook.

January 14, 2010 at 9:10 pm |
  12. vince

I think its good the U.S. is helping Haiti and other countries in need. I just dont understand why so many people hate us though?

January 14, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  13. Dillon

the devistation is horrible. its sad that its the poorest country in the world was hit by such a quake im praying for you women and children trying to survive

January 14, 2010 at 9:25 pm |
  14. Amanda

Well to start me and my friends started a program to raise money for the victims of the Haiti earthquake. We plan to have a bake sale and raise as much as possible to help all victims. But the most we can do is pray that all will be healed and maybe the country can start fresh after this devastation.

January 14, 2010 at 9:51 pm |
  15. Levi

I think we are doing the right thing and helping them to rebuild. It's sad how many people died at Haiti and how many that are saffering.

January 14, 2010 at 10:12 pm |
  16. Nick

What happened in Haiti was the worst incident of 2010. I am glad Obama is paying to help the injured in Haiti.

January 14, 2010 at 10:15 pm |
  17. Opie

i don't understand why we are helping them when if it would come down to a war they wouldn't help us because they are the poorest country.

January 14, 2010 at 10:23 pm |
  18. Debbie

I think it is a good thing that we are helping haiti after this disaster. I hear we are sending a naval boat. That is supposed to be an ambulance on it. So i hope the best of luck for them.

January 14, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  19. Gary

I think every on should help with the relief effort. They need as much as possible and we need to pray for everyone invoked in the tragedy.

January 14, 2010 at 10:40 pm |
  20. Tiffany

It's so sad that this is happening to the poorest country in the world. I mean, if it had happened to a rich country, at least they have some money to repair their city. Everyone who have the ability to, should help the people in Haiti in some way.

January 14, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  21. Emily

I think that it is a great thing for us to send money but since they are a poor country they might not help us in rreturn. I don't think we should take the chance.

January 14, 2010 at 11:17 pm |
  22. Amanda

i don't know anyone there but my student council is raising money to help the people of haiti. our goal is at least $500, i know we can do it!!
    i really wish there was something else i could do! i am going to keep the people of haiti in my prayers. i really hope nothing like this ever happens again, expesially to one of the poorest countries. but we can't control the earth's movement.
    – amanda

January 14, 2010 at 11:21 pm |
  23. jocob

u.s should not be helping haiti. i do believe that you should donate through the red cross or other organization. the united states is in a crisis, haiti is just in a natural disaster. we are in a financial crisis. no money from our taxes should be sent over there.

January 14, 2010 at 11:33 pm |
  24. john

I feell so sorry for the people in Hati. their lives were allready hard enough. some of the kids lost parents. hopefully their country will get help rebuliding some bulidings and their goverment

January 15, 2010 at 12:40 am |
  25. Vicente

Wow! What a sad story. I heard that the Dominican Republic also got hit. This has got to be one of the worst times for that large an earthquake to hit. Yet this is the opportunity to build a strong sense of human bond with them. The only way to help them is to work together and hope, dream, and do things for a better happier age.

January 15, 2010 at 1:04 am |
  26. Jung

I'm glad that the US and other nations are trying hard to save the Haiti people. I hope they recover soon from the devastation. And I'm gonna donate $20 for them. I hope other people donate as much as they can!

January 15, 2010 at 1:19 am |
  27. Kevin

I suggest that we send more professions to Haiti because we live in a globalized era. We should help each other if other countries desperately need help.
    Most important thing is that I have already donated 50 dollars!! πŸ™‚

January 15, 2010 at 6:08 am |
  28. Nick

What happened in Haiti is terrible. I donated 10 dollors to help them

January 15, 2010 at 8:37 am |
  29. Tyler

what happened in Haiti is HORRIBLE at least our country is helping out to find the missing people.

January 15, 2010 at 8:40 am |
  30. Jarick

I just feel awful for Haiti, it's a wreck down there. The poorest country needs help, however we are in a crisis as well. God will take care of them and us.

January 15, 2010 at 8:41 am |
  31. Nicole

The earthquake of 7.0 hit Haiti hard and so did the after shocks. Many houses were left in pieces. We all should help Haiti, Obama needs to pitch in and get Haiti back on thier feet.

January 15, 2010 at 8:50 am |
  32. Daniel

Having been struck with an earthquake with a magnitude reaching up to 7.0, it would have been extremely devastating and catastrophic. I am extremely relieved that many countries are providing aids to Haiti. I guess the only thing left for me is to cross my fingers for the poor souls out there.

January 15, 2010 at 8:58 am |
  33. Alix

It's disturbing the number of people that have been effected by this quake, especially for a country that has already had so many challenges in its past. I hope that the help forces that we are sending there can start to improve the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible.

January 15, 2010 at 9:10 am |
  34. Ravi

This earthquake in Haiti came at a bad time for Haiti. They were just recovering from another major natural disaster when the 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck. The damage is widespread and horrible. Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere and unfortunately, they do not have all of the resources to take immediate action. The relief aid coming in from other countries will help Haiti get back on track. Good luck to all affected by the disaster and look to a brighter tomorrow.

January 15, 2010 at 9:38 am |
  35. Sean

I think that it is great that the Us is helping, because we need all the help we can get in the war on terror.

January 15, 2010 at 9:53 am |
  36. derek

this is really tragic we need to help

January 15, 2010 at 10:05 am |
  37. haylee

I feel so bad for the people in haiti because there homes are dstroyed and they are homeless and the hospitals won't allow the people that are hurt

January 15, 2010 at 10:19 am |
  38. Kaylee

I feel so bad for the people in Haiti. I don't know anyone there, but I wish I could help them so much. I saw the pictures on the news of the people in Haiti. They look so sad and hurt.

January 15, 2010 at 10:31 am |
  39. Damien

I think that the earth quake was devastating and i hope that they can get the help they need just by the look of some of the images of the earthquake in Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 10:33 am |
  40. ERIN :}

I think that America and any other country thats willing to help Haiti out of this crisi should ... i will be praying for you

January 15, 2010 at 10:57 am |
  41. Duckie

I think this is horrible and it makes me want to do more. I know if this happened to us somewhere in the Untied States that would want full and total support on it and I think its great that all countries of the world are joining together and helping the country of Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 11:02 am |
  42. Zak

It is sad that people can still be trapped under all the rubble. I have not been in an earthquake, but the thought of your home being destroyed and losing either your family is quite depressing. Haiti, I wish each and every one my full wishes.

January 15, 2010 at 11:02 am |
  43. Molly

haiti is a sad place right now people don't have homes, and don't have clean water, enough food or even blankets. Their clothes are torn and they might even have family lost, hurt, or even dead.Here in America most people can't get a hold of family and don't know if they're okay.

January 15, 2010 at 11:06 am |

i feel badly for the people of haiti it makes me really appreciate what i have.

January 15, 2010 at 11:10 am |
  45. Michael

Thats horrible what happened in haiti, and some of us can only pray for those trapped

January 15, 2010 at 11:10 am |
  46. Jasmine

I feel really bad about what happened and i know people from hati and i am praying for everyone down there and i hope people donate and sent things to them

January 15, 2010 at 11:13 am |
  47. Jaylin

It is not fair to the people of Haiti to have to sleep under no shelter every night. They already were facing extreme poverty. I have got my family to donate money to help.

January 15, 2010 at 11:14 am |
  48. Caroline

I feel awful about this and i hope every one is ok and I hope people donate

January 15, 2010 at 11:14 am |
  49. Caroline

hope people donate

January 15, 2010 at 11:15 am |
  50. MP

I really don't know any one in hadii but I hope nobody had any major injuries. Also hope that there is not that much damage either.

January 15, 2010 at 11:40 am |
  51. shelby

If you want to know what I think about what happened, I'll tell tell you what I think. I think we should be helping in every way we can. We need to think about what we have, and what they now don't have. In your news cast, you said that the earthquake happened in a very populated area, so we really need to help!!!!!!!!! So, we should keep them in our prayers.

January 15, 2010 at 11:42 am |
  52. kristina

we should help the people and get them back on their feet.

January 15, 2010 at 11:56 am |
  53. Joey

The earthquake was really bad. I've seen pictures of the damage it is just heart wrenching. Seeing all the people outside on the dusty streets crying because not only have they lost their loved ones but their homes too.

January 15, 2010 at 11:56 am |
  54. Hailey

What happened was tragic. I wish that i was older, because i have always wanted to be a missionaryand if i was old enough i would ABSOLUTELY go and help out. I wish i could go and help!

January 15, 2010 at 11:58 am |
  55. Tyler

i think that the earthquake in Haiti was very dangerous and i feal very bad for everyone that lives there.

January 15, 2010 at 11:58 am |
  56. Sam

That earthquake took real bad toll on that part of the island. I'm glad for the people that could get help, and i wish the people that can't get help can get it soon.

January 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
  57. Nicole

I think that what has happened in Hait is very sad. I wish i could do something to help andi know i can even though i am just one person because one person can do alot.

January 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm |
  58. Kaleb

The earthquake in Haiti is a very unfortunate event.. This is good opportunity for president Obama to help them out and show Haiti that the united states will help them at any moment of any time. This is a very tragic event, and hopefully in the long-run more people will take more saftey precautions. Look on the bright side, we predicted 500,000 people dead and the outcome is less that 100,000 people.

January 15, 2010 at 12:02 pm |
  59. vanessa

I think the earthquake was a big inpact on most people and me. THe worst part is the families that have lost their family to this natural disaster. Such a horrible thing that could happen even to you or me too.

January 15, 2010 at 12:04 pm |
  60. Hye won

I'm from South Korea.
    Korea also had those kind of bad(unfortunate) time about 60 years ago.But Korea overcame those because of internation aid.
    Haiti need not only economical aid but also mental aid.
    We need to prey for them not to suffer from catastrophe any more.

January 15, 2010 at 12:06 pm |
  61. Ali

I think Martin's dream came true. He has changed the life of many and for that we should all be thankful. Even if some of us were not affected by his actions we should all respect his actions. That was his dream, and it came true.

January 15, 2010 at 12:06 pm |
  62. Emma

I think it's great to help out, I have nothing against it, but for the U.S to pledge 100 million dollars in aid, while we're still coming out of a recession isn't the best idea. We should get out people back on their feet before we try to get other countries back on theirs. The better state we're in, the more we can help other countries.

January 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  63. Brynn

One of my friends neighbor was their visiting. Shell called her mom to say she was okay. I would be scaryed if I was their. I will due some praying!! I hope many people survie!!!!

January 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  64. andrew

that was a horable seen and it is a tarible thing to think of.also I hope they find all the people under the ruble.

January 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm |
  65. Ali

We should all be devestated about what happened, and everyone should be all we can and I feel we are not doing enough. If there has been an Earthquake what has been effected should be evaquated so they could get madicine and help to the people who needit most.

January 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm |

I think that the earthquake affected many people and hurt many people. I happen to know someone who was in Haiti at the time of the earthquake and was thankfully found. I think that the search efforts that are taking place in Haiti are very helpful for the people of Haiti. I hope that my school can support the many people.

January 15, 2010 at 12:12 pm |
  67. Tyler

It is the worste thing to think of.

January 15, 2010 at 12:12 pm |
  68. Luke

I don't now anybody but if I did I would be very sad. Even though there isn't anybody that I now I still am sad. I think it is a very bad situation. Many people got hurt and even some got killed.

January 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  69. Zach

It is sad that the poorest country got hit by a earthquake but people are really trying hard to help the people that lived but still the number is rising in died.

January 15, 2010 at 12:13 pm |
  70. Justin

I thought the earthquake in Haiti was a big deal. It is one of the poorest countries in the world, so the earthquake did not help them. There were also a lot of people from the U.S. helping people in Haiti, and it killed most of them. Now, everybody is doing everything they can to help Haiti, so that is good that the world is trying to do something to a very poor country that they didn't even care about before.

January 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm |
  71. Mackenzie

I think that it was very sad that it happened.

January 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm |
  72. Summer

the devistation and poverty haiti is awful enough, this is like a bomb. It must be so hard to live they're daily lives even without the eathquake. I hope everyone will be okay.

January 15, 2010 at 12:15 pm |
  73. Zach

It is sad that a lot of people died and now the place is destoryed.

January 15, 2010 at 12:17 pm |
  74. megan

This earthquake was horrable. It had to happen in one of the poorest countrys too, but I expecily feel bad for the peple there.

January 15, 2010 at 12:18 pm |
  75. Jorja

The people in Haiti didn't know what was coming because it hit them (litterally) so fast and hard. Now the investigations are still oing and we are providing all we can. I hope we find more people under the ruble of Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 12:19 pm |
  76. Jessica

I think alot of people have been affected by the earthquake in Hati, as well as alot of other people because alot of countries are donating Financhial or people to aid the victiams from the hurracine.

January 15, 2010 at 12:20 pm |
  77. Jenna

I feel bad for the people in the earthquake. ANd I`m happy that people are doing things to help these people. I hope mos of these peoples are okay. I am happy people ar doing stuff to help.

January 15, 2010 at 12:23 pm |
  78. Daisy

It makes me feel unsafe and worry that it might happen again and more people will die. I think, "what if I had been there?" It's sad because of all the people who are killed.

January 15, 2010 at 12:26 pm |
  79. Angelica

As I see pictures I feel sad for the people because many people have been hurt and they had no idea that this was going to happen.

January 15, 2010 at 12:29 pm |
  80. Bryan

I think that this is unacceptable and that more action should be taken
    if not more people could be at stake and that money should be no object
    the U.S is doing a good job but it may not be enough

January 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  81. Ruby

I can see how serious it is that even president lost his place to sleep. I heard UN stopped helping Haiti since 150 workers are disappeard. If there is a way I can help people in Haiti, I want to do whatever it is. I was shocked that whole city has been devastated. I believe our continuous concern and support would help people to get over such a nightmare.

January 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm |
  82. Tim

People are doing all they can, but Haiti needs more help.

January 15, 2010 at 1:09 pm |
  83. MeKaila

i think that we are doing the best we can to help hati but the things that were lost are tragic all we can do is pray and send help. i hope this has shown us americans how lucky we are.

January 15, 2010 at 1:11 pm |
  84. gonzalo

i think that the U.S.is doing good helping out the people in Haiti

January 15, 2010 at 1:15 pm |
  85. Zach

The efforts that all the nations seem to be giving should be extremely helpful to Haiti and the population that has been affected by the earthquake. I feel were doing the right thing by funding efforts to help.

January 15, 2010 at 1:26 pm |
  86. Jessica

What happened in Haiti was a horrible thing. Hopefully the government is doing everything they can to help the people.

January 15, 2010 at 1:27 pm |
  87. ~CoRa~

I truely hope they have great and fast recoverly . And i hope people send as much money and hope as possable.

~CoRa~

January 15, 2010 at 1:29 pm |
  88. MIchael

I think Obama is doing the right thing and I would of did the exact same thing.

January 15, 2010 at 1:30 pm |
  89. Andrew

I recall as my father said ' "I've never seen a body outside a coffin," ' to see bodies strewn about on a shattered street to me makes me think about how mankind has often underestimated the power of nature.

January 15, 2010 at 1:31 pm |
  90. sara

I think that if we don't get supplies , and a lot of supplies their fast families will be dead , people will be lost ,and starving .

January 15, 2010 at 1:31 pm |
  91. Tristan

I can't believe the devastation in Haiti because it is a really poor country in which there is less help to come

January 15, 2010 at 1:35 pm |
  92. Jamie

I have been hearing a lot about this on the news everyday and it seems like nothing could be worse for them. Its just horrible that Haiti got hit. all there hospitals gone does not help one bit...

January 15, 2010 at 1:37 pm |
  93. Eric

I think that its tragic what happened, my family is donating money to
    Haiti, but I really wish I could help more.I really feel sad for anyone
    who has been affected by the earthquake.

January 15, 2010 at 1:46 pm |
  94. Jack

Omg i can not believe it. I hope it would will all be tended to and fixed. Pray.

January 15, 2010 at 1:51 pm |
  95. Jaxon

The Haiti earthquake parallels the tsunami we had a couple years ago. People should not over or underestimate the relief funds. They are helping and they will succeed but nothing is immediate in this world except information. Do not think that just because the money is there the aid will be that quick. The people in Haiti need our help more than they ever have. If you can donate, donate. If you can start a fundraiser, start one. If you can help in any way then be assured that they need it. I cannot say I have ever experienced anything close to what the Haitians are feeling now, but I can say that I will be helping as much as I can. This is what Americans need to know.

January 15, 2010 at 1:55 pm |
  96. Brandon

I think that the victums in Haiti are really destroyed inside but i am hoping what the U.S is doing for them will really help them out so they will repair the damages done...

January 15, 2010 at 1:55 pm |
  97. Nick

I feel its awful for the Haiti people to be living in such a destroyed place, why doesnt our government help them with water and supplies.

January 15, 2010 at 1:56 pm |
  98. Lucas

I think that what happened in Haiti was terrible. A major area was destroyed and many people there are homeless. Hopefully someone will go and help them as soon as possible.

January 15, 2010 at 1:58 pm |
  99. Casey

Haiti didnt deserve such a devistating earthquake, but that's how mother nature is. I hope that Haiti is recovering the best they can. i will prey for them!

January 15, 2010 at 1:59 pm |
  100. CURLY

HOLD YO HEAD UP

January 15, 2010 at 2:00 pm |
  101. Julia

I think what happened in Haiti was terrible and we should to everying we can to help.

January 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm |
  102. Dornicia

(Pronounced: Door-Knee-See-Ah)
    I wish that everyone will be alright despite what has happened in Haiti. I feel upset that my ex boyfriend, who is now my friend, mother is living in Haiti and we are unaware whether she is alive or not.. I wish all those people who lost someone the best and that everything will come out for the better.

January 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm |
  103. MOE

iam comeing home family yall hold tight iam raising money for yall love yall lil haiti........ (sad)....

January 15, 2010 at 2:02 pm |
  104. Chris

What happened in Hati was horrific. This is the time where we should all come together and lend a helping hand to those in need.

January 15, 2010 at 2:03 pm |
  105. Jasmine

This is such a devistaing disaster for Haiti.It's sad to see a country that is aready poor lose everything.Hope everyone keeps donating

January 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm |
  106. Francis

The destruction in Haiti is very shocking and I wish best of luck to all the victims.

January 15, 2010 at 2:05 pm |
  107. Malorie

I think this is a great tradgedy to have happened to anyone, let alone a nation already suffering imensely. I give props to the U.S. and other countires for responding as quickly as they did.

January 15, 2010 at 2:06 pm |
  108. Antony

We need to all reach out to the depth of our wallets and stop being so shallow!

January 15, 2010 at 2:08 pm |
  109. Theresa

this is a devastating earthquake and we need to do all we can to help! we should get everyone to donate something because everyone can make a difference.

January 15, 2010 at 2:10 pm |
  110. alex

the tratgedy was horrible. its sad that its the poorest country in the world was hit by such a quake I'm praying for you women and children trying to survive.

January 15, 2010 at 2:13 pm |
  111. Michael *

i believe that those trapped need help and that we are doing what we can but it must go faster to avoid more unnecessary casualties. We must help the Haitians and not hinder them. Those that were lucky are alive those that feel blessed were trapped without being hurt and those that feel unending sorrow are those with lives to live but family and friends lost.

January 15, 2010 at 2:18 pm |
  112. Annie

I feel so bad for the people in Haiti. If it had happened to another country, one that was more wealthy, it would have been bad, but it would have been better than it happening in the poorest country in the western hemisphere! I really want to help and I'm going to try. I hope it will get better soon!

January 15, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  113. Stephanie

The earthquake in Haiti was absolutely devastating to the Island. I'm glad there are people donating money and supplies to help save the people. Although, I am against President Obama giving such a large amount to Haiti, when the United States isn't even financially secure for itself. We need to save ourselves before saving others.

January 15, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  114. Jerry

The earthquake that happen in Haiti was a very unfortunate thing that happen to the people and kids that now don't have a job,school, a place to work or anything like that anymore and they are having many problems by trying to find people that were buried under buildings and that were in building at the time of this earthquake. This quake has been the second highest quake in the world today and I just want to give my Prayers to the people in Haiti and that they can find there family or friends that were buried underneath all them ruined places and building.

January 15, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  115. Taniaya

i feel bad for Haiti. I think that there is a lot of people donating and trying to help since Haiti's country is so poor. I am glad that tecnology can help this much.

January 15, 2010 at 2:44 pm |
  116. Jake

I think that the it was realy bad because. Someone on the sixers has to play knowing that his entire family could be dead right now.

January 15, 2010 at 2:45 pm |
  117. frankie

I think its asham and sad that there were so many lives lost but there is still some survivers

January 15, 2010 at 2:49 pm |
  118. jordan

i think it is depressing, sad, and horible for all the people and evryone who was effected.

January 15, 2010 at 2:49 pm |
  119. bob

I think it is very bad that many people died and were injured.

January 15, 2010 at 2:50 pm |
  120. jordan

when i heard about this i was really sad for the people in haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  121. nick

i think it is terrible and i wish i could help them cause if i was able to i would cause thats the kind of person i am

January 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  122. AJ

I feel bad for them because they went alot of things.

January 15, 2010 at 2:51 pm |
  123. Nikki

I didn't reacted any way.I don't know any one that was in the earth quake.I felt bad for them.

January 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  124. Treyvon

That horrible there the porrest country in the world.

January 15, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  125. Jennifer

The earthquake did a lot of damage on Haiti. A lot of people had been injured and killed by the earthquake.

January 15, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  126. Barri

I think the earthquake was really bad I wish it didnt happen and nobody got hurt.

January 15, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  127. julia

i think that all the people who knew anyone that died, we should help and be luckly that we are alive and donate anything that we can like food or clothes or anything that they did lose !!!!

January 15, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  128. PAOLA

January 15, 2010 at 3:08 pm |
  129. Juana

The earthquake was very ugly,we shoul help haiti bring there country up.

January 15, 2010 at 3:09 pm |
  130. ashley

i think its very sad that it happened because people died in the earthquake and people loose there homes.

January 15, 2010 at 3:13 pm |
  131. Giovanni

I think the Earthquake in Haiti was absolutely horrible. And I the U.S should help Haiti a poor country from the devastating Earthquake.

January 15, 2010 at 3:18 pm |

The thing that bugs me about all this relief work and such is the fact that Haiti really didn't get help right away. I remembering seeing on the news that only 3 ambulances were on the street in Port-au-Prince. Thats not enough for all those people who need help! The most critical time for relief is right after the disaster occurs. I think the Haitian Government did not get things moving fast enough and thats understandable. I would be in a state of shock too if my country had that much devastation that quickly

January 15, 2010 at 3:21 pm |
  133. melisa

.....Im sure glade the u.s is helpen. I mean it could be different but lukly not ! I WOLD HAVE HELPED ENY WAY! I wish them the best and good luck on recovering (if they ever do just messen around)

January 15, 2010 at 3:24 pm |
  134. Skyler

My uncle was supposed to go to Haiti as a peacekeeper from China. His boss pulled him out at the last minute. The plane landed in Haiti and the meeting started at 2, without my uncle. The earthquake destroyed the building, and 8 chinese people, who my uncle knew very well, are still missing. Its scary to think about how one of those people could have been my uncle.

January 15, 2010 at 3:26 pm |
  135. Brenda

Our school had a donut day today, and we donated all of the money to Haiti. I also have a student who's brother was shipped down there to help.

January 15, 2010 at 3:44 pm |
  136. Griffin

I think that the earthquake in Haiti is a terrible disaster. The U.S. needs to help Haiti by suppoting them with medical aid. Besides, later on Haiti could become an ally because we were so grateful by helping them in times of need.

January 15, 2010 at 3:47 pm |
  137. Kali

The earthquake in Haiti is a reminder that even though the world today is going trough tough times we can come together to help one another in a time of need.......It has been a shock to see how the people there are able to deal with so much and a shock to some people of how people there live......This may have happend for a reason to show the world that there are people who need help but that some of us are to wrapped up in our every day lives to help people who need our help

January 15, 2010 at 3:52 pm |
  138. Galadriel

I never could have imagined that so much devastation could happen is such a small country. It is great that people are helping them to recover. But the devastation was just put on the spot for them, it's cruel. I hope that this doesn't happen for them again, and if it does, don't let it happen right after a 7.0 magnitude earthquake! I send my prayers to all in Haiti!!!

January 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm |

I think the earthquake in Hati was defestating! The people of Hati were affected by this earthquake more than our people think. It has killed thousands of people and for the people that has survived, we should do our best to take care of them and send our prayers.

January 15, 2010 at 4:00 pm |
  140. Jonathan

I think that this is a horrable disaster amd that we should all try to help out. The people of Haiti need our help!

January 15, 2010 at 4:02 pm |
  141. BOB!!!!!!!

We all need to pull together in times like these......... The world today has become to in tune with itself and has forgotten about Haitli....... President Obama has said that Haiti would have the U.S. full help but i still fell to see what he has done...........We the citizens need to pull together and help the people over there cause it sure dont look like the governmant is going to help much!

January 15, 2010 at 4:04 pm |

I think the earthquake in Hati was defestating! The people of Hati were affected by that earthquake more than our people think. It has killed thousands of people and for the people that surrvived they are doing there best to take care of them and we are sending our prayers.

January 15, 2010 at 4:05 pm |
  143. Allie

I am in shock about what happened in Haiti. I can't get it of of my mind.... What if a horrible earthquake would have occured where I live? Where would I be? I can not imagine how all of the citizens of Haiti feel. What's worst of all to me is having to see all of those people loose their homes, family, and friends. It will sure be hard for them recover from this horrible tragedy.

January 15, 2010 at 4:10 pm |
  144. Allie

I am in shock about what happened in Haiti. I can't get it out of my mind.... What if a horrible earthquake would have occured where I live? Where would I be? I can not imagine how all of the citizens of Haiti feel. What's worst of all to me is having to see all of those people loose their homes, family, and friends. It will sure be hard for them recover from this horrible tragedy.

January 15, 2010 at 4:12 pm |
  145. Rachel

It's good that the U.S. is going to try and help out, but arn't we in enough debt already? These people need help, but do we always have to be the ones to be there? On the other hand, the devestation is horrific and the people have the right to be grave. With all of those lost, and then those that will never be found, these people DO need help!

January 15, 2010 at 4:24 pm |
  146. Adrian

We the people of the United States are helping Haiti survive one of its deadliest earthquakes.

January 15, 2010 at 4:30 pm |
  147. Elise

Any earthquake can be dangourous. It is up to the people to fix it. It is good that we are nice enough to help.

January 15, 2010 at 4:42 pm |
  148. sali

Seeing the pictures of Haiti's people have made me think about how lucky we are as a country. even though the ecomonmy isnt great, we are doing a lot better than Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 5:04 pm |
  149. Tyra

I am in shock with what happened in Haiti. I definitely think that the people living in Haiti have been affected by the earthquake because they have no where to go, in the demolished area. I think to help the people of Haiti there needs to be tons of fundraisers.So that the people can have a place to live and food to eat and even clothes in their backs! No I do not know anyone that has been affected by the Haiti earthquake! I have heard heartbreaking stories about the terrifying earthquake.

January 15, 2010 at 5:05 pm |
  150. Natasha

My thoughts of the earthquake images are; sad and kind of mad because, why would our country or ANY country let other countries go down THAT far that they can't afford to bring them selves back up again.

January 15, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  151. scott

i think that though Haiti is in trouble, it is not our problem to deal with

January 15, 2010 at 5:10 pm |
  152. Desi

i am devastated for the people in Haiti for they were affected by that big earthquake. By the pictures you can see that there dreadful and it sounds SUPER bad i am sorry for those people. i know people have lost there homes, lost family members,lost everything,the children cant attend school, crying heartbroken people there, and also it being under poverty

January 15, 2010 at 5:15 pm |
  153. april

thee things that happen in earthquake`s are very hurtfull too familys,it is sad too see soo many peoples home being destroyed it dameges important buildings like, schools, and work buildings it might take years to be able to rebuild childrens education also there homes, its so heartbreaking to have to see people siting there without a home to go to and eat and sleep i would provied somewhere for them too stay if i could

January 15, 2010 at 5:16 pm |
  154. Alvin

I think that the devastation in Haiti has really opened the worlds eyes on the living conditions and how important food and water is.

January 15, 2010 at 5:52 pm |
  155. Jim

As a summer hire my embassy, one of the first things I thought of (I know it's kind of wrong) is the amount of paperwork my colleagues in USAID have to do. I was also quite shocked to learn that the first reported US-Citizen death was a diplomat, because usually Government houses abroad are inspected for safety, and in earthquake zones it's important to make sure the houses can withstand such an earthquake. Since that happened in a diplomat's house, I dread the thought of what happened to Haitians' houses However, I hope that aid can come to Haiti, and the survivors.

January 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm |
  156. Dennis

The relief effort is very important because if it fails not only is it going to be harder to survive, but the temperature down there gets very warm. If they do not get a lot of fresh water soon they may be in trouble. I hope the relief effort is succesful at this.

Also, I am very lucky. I have an uncle currently in the Dominican Republic, which is not that far away from Haiti and fortunately it did not hit the Dominican Republic.

January 15, 2010 at 6:00 pm |
  157. steffany

I think that medical attation should go to Haiti and rescue teams. Because if this would happen to The United States other conteries would help us so we should help them, whatever means needed.

January 15, 2010 at 6:04 pm |
  158. Megan

I am completely shocked. So many people have been affected by this natural disaster. Everytime I see children being pulled from the rubble I practicaly start crying. Since this has happened all the kids in my school have been talking about this. It's times like this when it makes me proud to be an American because we can all come together and help rebuild Haiti.

January 15, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  159. Daniel

That was a deadly earthquake – the Haitians died more than a thousands of people! The News said 'might be more' poor Haitians!!!!!!! Thank god that United States and us are helping, and the other countries!

January 15, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
  160. Melanie

If that was happening here it would be terrible. Now that they've had it we will have to go help them.

January 15, 2010 at 6:33 pm |
  161. johanna

i just want to say that i am from Haiti i feel really bad for what is happening my mother is in haiti and she past way due to the quake but i have donate money after money i will not stop until my country is back in order.

January 15, 2010 at 6:36 pm |
  162. Jasmine

I feel bad for all the people in Haiti but what about all the people that died during hurricane Katrina. No one really donated lots of money for them. I mean they where in the U.S. and no one helped them as much as they are helping Haiti,Haiti isn't even in our Country. All I can say is I feel bad but that's all.

January 15, 2010 at 6:38 pm |
  163. Ralph

When people think that sending sorrowness is just money, i don't think they know that you can either pray or just think about them. I hope alot of people do that and i hope Haiti has a fast a great recovery.

January 15, 2010 at 6:55 pm |
  164. Dustin

I feel that they are very sad about the demolishing earthquake because they have lost family, freinds, and very close people and i hope they can pull it back together and clean up the tragic mess and get things back to normal again

January 15, 2010 at 6:59 pm |
  165. Eric

I feel horrible about the earthquake, but hopefully the relief
    efforts will help. I certainly hope the death toll isn't as high as
    speculated. Pray for the survivors, and hope for the best.

January 15, 2010 at 7:01 pm |
  166. Luciana

I am completely disturbed with the natural disaster in Haiti. Now is the time for governments, banks, foundations to make their contribution in order to help the country and its population. As well, us regular civilians should join, donate and make the difference

January 15, 2010 at 7:14 pm |
  167. angelica

Yes, its good that the U.S is trying to help but come on lets fix the problems we have in this country before we help another.

January 15, 2010 at 8:14 pm |
  168. kerstyn

I think we should send more people out to help haiti

January 15, 2010 at 8:25 pm |
  169. Elaine

I think that this massive Quake has been a devasting and The people were Already in poverty. Now the U.s will have to pay more

January 15, 2010 at 8:29 pm |
  170. dania

I think we should help them in this hard moment

January 15, 2010 at 8:48 pm |
  171. Jack

The earthquake in Haiti has devastated all of the Haiti civilians. America [was] and still is devastated. I am glad we have taken a step up by sending the needed medical help there.

January 15, 2010 at 9:00 pm |
  172. Moaaz

we should help them because they might even help us some where.

January 15, 2010 at 9:39 pm |
  173. Jessica

I do hope that every one is ok and that the people that live there can rebuild what they have lost. I wish I could help but I saddly can not.

January 15, 2010 at 9:42 pm |
  174. Jessica

The earth quake must have been very bad because of how much people have lost in homes and land, and to think that the air planes can not land safely, because of the earth quake. I do feel very bad for the for the people that have lost there homes because where are they to live?

January 15, 2010 at 9:46 pm |
  175. Mary

I've seen pictures and videos of it, and I can hardly believe it. The Earthquake was such a horrible thing and I wish that there are many survivers. Good luck to anyone searching for someone and kow that I'll and my friends will be praying.

January 15, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  176. Shilena

I think it has been a terrible occurance for the people of Haiti. I think it is wonderful that so many people and countries are willing to help out with the aftershocks of this major earthquake.

January 15, 2010 at 9:57 pm |
  177. COOKY

I think that mlk's dream has come true because look at all the stuff that black people can do.

January 15, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  178. MICHELLE

YES,I HAVE HERED OF SOMEBODY THAT LEFT THEIR BABY WITH SOMEONE AND THEN WENT TO NEW YORK FOR LIKE 4 DAYS WHEN THIS HAPPENED AND THEY STILL WERE NOT FOUND, AND NO ONE KNOWS WHERE THEY ARE RIGHT NOW.BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE.I ALSO FELL BAD FOR EVRYBODY THAT LIVES THER AND FOR ALL OF THE PEOPLE WHO DIED OR PAST AWAY DURING THE EARTHQAKE AND BECAUSE OF IT. I ALSO FEEL BAD FOR THE MAY PEOPLE WHO HAVE LOST THEIR HOMES BECAUSE OF THE EATHQUAKE.

January 15, 2010 at 11:09 pm |
  179. Fabio

This is just horrible there is no reason for people to be dying like this for children to loose their parents and loose hope but i hope that they can come through with this and try to move on but their lives will not be the same

January 15, 2010 at 11:15 pm |
  180. jinn

I saw a woman holding a baby who was covered in blood.
    When I saw that scean I had a goose bump and thought about when our nation is in that situation ;what would I do?
    And we should help Haiti...

January 15, 2010 at 11:30 pm |
  181. Caitlin

I think that it is fantastic that so much money and hard work is going into the help of all the families who lost there homes and the people they love. I'm sad when I see people who have lost something that belonged to them or they loved. If there is another earthquake or tragic happening I think people should beleive that the United States will help in some way.

January 15, 2010 at 11:31 pm |
  182. Nate

This is a horrible quake. This should cost over $1 million. I think this was the 3rd worst quake ever.

January 15, 2010 at 11:34 pm |
  183. dj

i dont know ne1 in Haiti but earthquakes are dangourous. If a earthquake happened down here i'd be terrified. Epescily if we were needing money to repair our city just like Haiti. I can tell its destructive because its right on a tectonic plate boundry. i give my blesssing to those who are injured or dead.

January 15, 2010 at 11:38 pm |
  184. Becca

It is surprising that it took a 7.0 earthquake in the poorest country in the western hemisphere to bring people together. If it takes that much I would believe that we the people of earth can come together and help the enviroment, help the world peace issue, and even solve of the economy crisis. Seeing the dead bodies lying in the street makes me cry and the kids and babies oh! Even if your parents only make a combination of 30,000 dollars, to the haitians you are a milionaire! The average income a year there is 1,500$ a year! Most parents spend that much a month on you! Feel lucky! If you don't feel lucky with that bit of information you are way to self-centered. Most kids are the buds of the help in Haiti! Start a organization to help, go to your local [charity] get off your butt and do something!!!!!!!!

January 16, 2010 at 12:07 am |
  185. William

We should help the people in every way. And hopefully science will allow us to detect earthquakes and or prevent them.

January 16, 2010 at 1:17 am |
  186. Sarah

In some way, we've been all effected whether you are a Haiti Earthquake victim, or someone listening to me now as I speak. The recent disaster has touched each of us in a different way. Let it remind us that we should always prepare for the worst, and hope for the best.

January 16, 2010 at 1:39 am |
  187. Samuel

I'm glad to see people around the world offering aids to the country. It is important for us to regard them as our relatives.

January 16, 2010 at 1:58 am |
  188. Lucy

Firstly, I felt so shocked that over 20 million people died in that earthquake and secondly, it reminded me of my family including me, first experiencing the earthquake in south island of new zealand. It was so weirdly fun really because no one was hurt and it was cool, but I did not know how much damage it would bring to a lot of people in Haiti and I felt sorry for them.

January 16, 2010 at 10:36 am |
  189. jesslyn

i think we the u.s.a have tried our hardest and money should help but we need people that can move objects and rubble to also help people aswell .other wise haitians that are damadged are probably not going to survive if they have not been found under the debri yet.

January 16, 2010 at 11:05 am |
  190. Mary

I just saw a video of the orphans in Haiti and I about bawled my eyes out. How are the children going to find homes. Well, that's where we come in. We need to help the children and people get their homes back together. After all isn't that one of the things the U.S. is all about?

January 16, 2010 at 11:21 am |
  191. Diana

It's so tragic disaster... Gangs who fled the prison are went on a rampage and looting the foods outrageously.. They need our help.. please donate for them by helping organizations.
    I hope that no more people are injured.

January 16, 2010 at 11:48 am |
  192. ian

sup um this is teriible for wat the earthquake did ill odnate as much money ass possible to to help them like u know cant controll weather

January 16, 2010 at 12:50 pm |
  193. Toni

This is an unbelievable situation that is happening in Haiti. We must help them to survive and should never let this terrific disaster to ruin people's lives. There's no one to blame but the destiny people had to face.. I feel sorry for them.

January 16, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  194. Deborah

After seeing all of the damage that the earthquake has caused, I can't help but be a little worried that there might be one here next.

January 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
  195. Luc

I think it is intriguing how many nations of the world and many people have come together to help Haiti and many celebrities who are willing to help them.

January 16, 2010 at 4:11 pm |
  196. Hope

This earthquake was a tragedy, and i feel sorry for these people in Haiti. I believe that we, Americans canfix this and it's up to us to help them. The images that i have seen are horrible, terrible and very hard to look at. These people need our help, and its up to us to help them.

January 16, 2010 at 4:20 pm |
  197. mallory

i think that it is a wake up call for all americans to see the need and help.

January 16, 2010 at 4:23 pm |
  198. Marisa

i think it's sad that so many people are dying. Plus the reporters go up to someone who was just rescued and asked them how it feels to be rescued... don't reporters how feelings????

January 16, 2010 at 7:33 pm |
  199. chris

i want to help haiti as twice as much as anyone else does because i have family down there! my aunt and uncle are suffering from lack of food and water i have already have my chruch donating money and supplies to haiti and this has affected me in a big way.they run an orphanage and the build just crack badly so they sleep out side .i have watched the news every day since the awful day.

January 16, 2010 at 10:06 pm |
  200. Bryson

I'd like to try to get the student council at my school to hold a fund-raiser in order to help the victims in their time of need. It would be the right thing to do and it would really help.

January 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm |
  201. Louis

I feel sorry for the Haitians. They're the poorest country in the Americas, their government isn't fast enough to change it, and they're located on a fault line and in the path of hurricanes.

January 16, 2010 at 11:16 pm |
  202. Ian

I feel that it is nessesary to help the people in Hati, but do we really need to spend that much money on them. The money we are using can help us rebuild the econmy here.

January 17, 2010 at 12:36 am |
  203. Ian

I am devistated at what I saw. We definetinally need to help the people in Hati, but why are we using so much money. With the money that we have given them we can be using it to help rebuild the econmy here.

January 17, 2010 at 12:40 am |
  204. Lovely

This situation has become a great tragedy to many people through out countries. I myself go to Haiti mostly every summer visiting my family. To see them in suffering really effects me, but i know that they are going to hold on because they are strong. I have faith that they will overcome this and so do they.

January 17, 2010 at 11:47 am |
  205. Andrea

I'm glad the US is helping, but not so glad that "President" Obama is willing to spend all of our money on them. We're not so high up in the economy if you don't already know.

January 17, 2010 at 1:44 pm |
  206. Sarah

I was really sad when I found out about this horrible event. But, I was very excited to see our country work together to help other people. I think schools should definately have fundraisers like at my school. We are bringing in money and donating it. So, if everyone works together we can make a huge difference in so many lives.

January 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm |
  207. Haleigh

I think that being in an earthquake that powerful would really be scary! Because when random things like that happen, you would have to be really scared. I'm really happy that people are going over there to help them.

January 17, 2010 at 3:29 pm |
  208. Stormi

I have seen and heard a lot about the earthquake in Haiti. I think it is heartbreaking to see how many people are hurt and have lost there homes. Not to mention all the people who have passed away in this catastrophic event. I just hope that they can get some help soon.

January 17, 2010 at 3:39 pm |
  209. Sue

I think how much money you donate it is not enough because they still need help for their health. The earthquake damaged alot there and the US is trying to give care but can't.

January 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm |
  210. Brannon

Earthquakes happen when we least expect it. The images I've seen are unbelievable. I did not know that all of the destruction was even possible to achieve by anyone or anything. We've undertook a large predicament that many organizations are participating in, but where are these people getting the money if they are in debt?

January 17, 2010 at 6:19 pm |
  211. Carissa

I think what happen in Haiti was horrible. but with me and other people we can be a difference.

January 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm |
  212. katie

from what i know is that the eathquake was 7.0!!!!! i cant even watch the news it want's to make me cry :(.i would like to say a prayer.
    Lord please help the people in Haiti and those who surrived help them find their families and those dead lead them a good life in heaven and try to let those who lost thier family members now the sadly painful news. Amen. i would love to donate but i dont have money.

January 17, 2010 at 10:30 pm |
  213. Jacob

I think that for an earthquake in a place so unfortunate is very sad. Everyone can help to recover from this disaster. Even if it is as little as thinking about the peope or as big as helping directly.

January 17, 2010 at 10:47 pm |
  214. Joo

As one of the citizens of global world, i felt sorry for people in general of Haiti. Actually, i am not a person living as close as people living in America or somewhere close to Haiti. However, i know exactly how miserable this disaster was. so i decided to volunteer for helping people in Haiti. of course i cannot go directly to Haiti. but using Internet and other various contents, it will be much easier to help them. Even though we, students around the world, are separated each other geographically i believe we can make a small change if we can think globally. Cheers for Haiti citizens!

January 17, 2010 at 11:50 pm |
  215. Jordan

I think that it is very sad that so many people have died and lost everything they knew. I think that other countries in areas where there could be disasters should start working harder to prevent as much catastrophe as seen in Haiti, including the US.

January 18, 2010 at 12:09 am |
  216. Beck

Our middle school is doing a fund raiser to send help to Haiti. It starts with a Penny War, 7th grade verses 8th grade with the community, staff and parents matching the winning classes totals. Thanks for spreading the word! Haiti and its people need our help right now!

January 18, 2010 at 12:52 am |
  217. Simone

It is nice to know that people of this country are willing to put others above themselves even when the going is hard!

January 18, 2010 at 1:25 am |
  218. Colin

I think what happened to Haiti is terible. I think we should get as much aid there as fast as possible.

January 18, 2010 at 8:23 am |
  219. Mildred

That is the worst earthquake yet,it is horrible. There is times I have to look away from the T.V.

January 18, 2010 at 9:01 am |
  220. Meggie

I know that there are a lot of people that need help but, we are in enoughdept right now. This is just like hurrican Katrina and even that has not been solved they are still people recovering the city.

January 18, 2010 at 10:59 am |
  221. Lange

I really feel bad for those who have relatives and friends over there... we can only hope for the best... Am sure we are all thankful for the help that is there... we just got to keep them in our thoughts..

January 18, 2010 at 11:34 am |
  222. jo jo

its a terrible thing so we shuld help them out

January 18, 2010 at 11:55 am |
  223. Jamaaley

It's a horrible disaster and we should all help out to fix it. We all need to show support and kindness. They are a very poor country and they need some help. We are a rich country and we can give support!!!Go America!! πŸ™‚

January 18, 2010 at 11:56 am |
  224. matthew

I think the US is helping the best they can, but I think they should make some device that can detect them before they hit.

January 18, 2010 at 11:56 am |
  225. T.J

we the pepole of the U.S.A are trying to help Haiti survive one of the deadliest earthquakes!!!

January 18, 2010 at 1:50 pm |
  226. Elisabeth

i really think we should put everything else to the side and start helping haiti. i think it is very sad that this happened. i wish there was more we could do other tthan just sending food and money. i think we could help build new homes for those that have children or are pregnant.

January 18, 2010 at 2:12 pm |
  227. Peter

Personally I don’t know anyone affected, but from pictures and videos that have been taken from there, I know that I am very greatfull not to.

January 18, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  228. Steve

I'm thinking of all those affected. I hope they can save many lives before it's too late.

January 18, 2010 at 3:54 pm |
  229. Josh

Since we learned the national dance of Haiti my school is going to do a fundraiser to try to earn money to help Haiti. For me it seems that everyone has heard of the earthquake and most people are trying to help. I hope that most people can be helped.

January 18, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  230. Deborah

The earthquake in Haiti caused a lot of damage. Yesterday, I saw a picture of a kid who had blood all over the side of his face (it looked like he lost an eye). We need to keep helping the poor people over there, because they really need our help.

January 18, 2010 at 4:16 pm |

I think that we should start a program for the people's houses that got destroyed so they have a nice, warm, loving home while theirs is being rebuilt.

January 18, 2010 at 4:17 pm |
  232. hannah

I think it is nice that so many people care obout things like that

January 18, 2010 at 4:23 pm |
  233. PJ Students

I think that the USA, Canada and the UN and the people of Haiti are doing the best they can but I think that we can also help. As a class, we have decided to raise money. We have a group called the Haiti helpers and we have put up posters and flyers asking other students to donate money to the Red Cross. We are also having a lollypop sale at our beach party family dance.
    We are lucky to live where we do and live safely and our thoughts are with everyone in Haiti.

January 18, 2010 at 5:29 pm |
  234. Jackluin

These subjecto is very niza..Itsa very niza thats the others peoploes helpis every other persona

January 18, 2010 at 6:01 pm |
  235. Joshua

I think that different governments should come together and help Haiti like what the U.S.A is doing. Coming together with supplies and taking it to Haiti. Also people in different countries should donate supplies like what Chicago did.

January 18, 2010 at 7:08 pm |
  236. Andrew

I think that everybody in the U.S should help as much as they can. If they give $1 or $1,000 they still give something to help the people in Haiti.

January 18, 2010 at 7:20 pm |
  237. Madison

I think that this country spends a lot of our time texting. It doesn't usally do any one any good but themselves. It shows that we really care by using something that we do every day to help the citizens of Hati. We raised millions of dollars all ready just by texting.

January 18, 2010 at 8:03 pm |
  238. bigZ

I recently wrote an article for a newspaper, and even while I typed it, I was so moved at how lucky we are. We don't have to look at dead people every block. We don't have to look at dead mothers and fathers stacked up on the cul-de-sac. We are just so lucky

January 18, 2010 at 8:29 pm |
  239. Mia

It is very sad to see what the Haitian are going through. It is such a poor country with paucity of the appropriate technologies to help remove the victims who are still trapped under the buildings. Hopefully, the Haitian are strong and united to help each other to go through this tough time.

I has been noticed there have been many natural disasters happening lately around the world such as the typhoon in many southeast Asia countries, and the volcano eruption in Philippine. My question is that why there are so many disasters caused by nature mother lately?

January 18, 2010 at 8:50 pm |
  240. Kaylee

I don't think help got there fast enough. this could have come at a worse time but still this isn't the best time for a crisis like that, especially in the poorest country.. That is just really sad and i just really hope as many people can be saved as possible and that conditions get fixed up ASAP

January 18, 2010 at 9:18 pm |
  241. Linda

The images from all of our local news stations have shaken everyone at my school. The photos that have been broadcasted are very overwhelming to look at. You see pictures of crying children and adults seeking for medical help and aid. Lot's of countries like the U.S. have raised lots of money for Haiti and I hope that it can help the citizens of Haiti rebuild their lives. My school has now pitched in to a change drive where we can put quarters and pennies in. After all, every penny counts.

January 18, 2010 at 11:24 pm |
  242. Tyler

I donated 100 dollars to help.

January 19, 2010 at 8:42 am |
  243. Joshua

I think that it was a terrible and tragic event. The U.S. is doing their best to try to help the people. I feel bad for the people who don't know where their family members are. Seeing all of the hurt people makes me feel bad. Everyone should help Haiti.

January 19, 2010 at 9:55 am |
  244. Amy

I've never experienced that tremendous of an earthquake. but it must be terrible

January 19, 2010 at 11:38 am |
  245. SD

I think that it is great that the Us is helping, because one day we might need help

January 19, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  246. howard

it is bad enough that we keep losing people in the world why do we have to lose more an more ppl that is family

January 19, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  247. Paul

I feel sorry for the the peaple my friend came from there and he can not call his family.

January 19, 2010 at 12:06 pm |
  248. Ms. Almanza's class

In our class we have been listening to the news about the Haitian earthquake. Our school is collecting money to help the survivors of Haiti to rebuild their country. We feel it's important to help those in need, and we hope that the country recuperates soon.

January 19, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  249. Mufasia

Every one is doing the best they can for Haiti but they should send more help out there. The country is not doing good already ,this earthquake just makes matters worse for them.:(

January 19, 2010 at 12:21 pm |
  250. peter

this is a very dramatic pointing tramitic story

January 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm |
  251. alex

well you never know when an earthquake will strike and it was all Gods will for this to happen.

January 19, 2010 at 12:31 pm |
  252. greta

I think we should all keep the people in Haiti in our prayers to recover from the quake.

January 19, 2010 at 12:37 pm |
  253. thomas

I dont think we should send any money to hati until we can take care of our own debt and then we can worrie about hati

January 19, 2010 at 2:01 pm |
  254. Rene'

I was devastated when I heard about Haiti and the earthquake. On a website I use, There are banners and pins that you can buy to support Haiti. I hope that anyone and everyone will find a way to help. My teacher and class are trying to think of ways we can help, like fund-raiser, and stuff like that. πŸ˜€

January 19, 2010 at 2:24 pm |
  255. becky

i think that people shold start trying to find a way to help all the people in danger. my teacher and my classmates are trying to find a way to raise some money or have like a clothes drive. they need all the help they can get.

January 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  256. natalia

i think that the u.s should help the people in haiti because they don't have shelter or food.Just try to be in their postion!!!

January 19, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  257. Maurice

I'm sure it was pretty appalling .

January 19, 2010 at 3:41 pm |
  258. Todd

Well, my dads girlfriend went to Haiti during Christmas, so to know that if she had went a week ago or so is disturbing. Talk about luck.

January 19, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  259. richard

no i dont know anybody that has

January 19, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  260. kevin

i think that haiti will be alrite we just have to stick together an just hold on an it going to be ok

January 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm |
  261. michelle

i would help everyone in haiti, i wish that i can rescue them. what i am doing today is going to send money to the red cross so i can help them. i will pray for them everyday

January 19, 2010 at 3:44 pm |
  262. aaron

it was pretty upsetting when i heard about the quake
    i really want to know if they could be donated money so they could make stronger buildings, it would be something safer for the citizens of haiti.

January 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm |
  263. mathew

If I could help I would make extraordinary measures and help out as much as I could but I have to work on my school work and help myself to help those in Haiti.

January 19, 2010 at 3:47 pm |
  264. Helen

please help!!

January 19, 2010 at 6:59 pm |
  265. john

one of the pastors at my church was there in haiti.he is safe but the driver ( of his car that was picking him up) was crushed be a wall.

January 19, 2010 at 8:26 pm |
  266. Pickles

I think if we donate to something like American Red Cross we can help some people. πŸ™‚

January 19, 2010 at 8:32 pm |
  267. Kaitlyn

I wish I could help more than I am!!! My school is doing something, and I am doing some fundraisers of my own. You need too as well. What happened was absolutely devestating! My 6 year old brother is even donating $20!! If my 6 year old brother can do something that big, why can't you do the little things?

January 19, 2010 at 9:02 pm |
  268. michael

I'd love to do anything i can. I think i'm going to do a bake-sale. I recomend any body to do the same. With the resstion ending not many people have money to spare. But if you colect enough a little bit at a time it all ads up. PLEASE HELP HAITI!!!!!!!

January 19, 2010 at 9:26 pm |
  269. Ariana

my class is helping donate to the people who need help in haidi. I think that it is great that others are trying to help out to!

January 19, 2010 at 9:38 pm |
  270. Omar

I'd wish to help Haiti, but I don't have money. I wish I had $1,000 dollars to donate.

January 19, 2010 at 11:24 pm |
  271. Jade

I think that it is horrible what is happening in Haiti. My school has a fundraiser for Haiti in every classroom of my school. We are supposed to bring as much loose change as we can and we are going to donate them to a local fundraiser. I think that all schools should do this. After just our school does this, we will easily raise at least 100 dollars of change and spare $1 bills.

January 20, 2010 at 12:20 am |
  272. Justin

The people in Haiti are in desperate need of our help. They are a true example of the will to survive. If everyone donates a dollar they can benefit a ton from it.

January 20, 2010 at 1:30 am |
  273. Raveena

I don't know anyone who was in Haiti, but I thi nk we should do whatever we can do to help the people there who can't do anything to protect their selfs from this disater. i also think we should do anything for the people who suffreed this much

January 20, 2010 at 9:52 am |
  274. Cindyy

I feel really bad for the children in Haiti. They lost almost everything they treasured. Now they are living with scarce food, violence, and sadness. I hope that we can raise enough money and supplies to fix their home up. I think that our work isn't donw until their minds are at ease.

January 20, 2010 at 9:52 am |
  275. matt

it hink it is bad and we have to help

January 20, 2010 at 9:53 am |

I think that it was very tragic that a disaster like that would strike in Haiti so suddenly. But I think the U.S. is trying it's best to help the people there out.

January 20, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  277. Allyson

I think that my school should start a contest with coins and the homeroom with the highest amount gets a pizza party and then all the money goes to the people in Haiti! When I see pictures and videos on the news and cnn's student news, it makes feel grateful that we are not in that situation, but I wish I could help. I am conserned that my grandparents are in a kind of danger because they are near Haiti and people are saying that other places are getting less suvire earthquakes, but are still bad.

January 20, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  278. Joyce

when i saw the earthquake in haiti on the news i reacted like i was scarred for life, but not really. no, i dont know anyone from the earthquake but it is very sad. my thoughts about this quake are that i feel very bad for those who lost their lives in the earthquake. also i feel sad for people who lost their children, friends, and parents.

January 20, 2010 at 9:56 am |
  279. colin

I would also try to do anything i can to help the people in Hati. I have donated alot of money to the Red Cross foundation for the people in hati that have lost thier homes and family. I hope they get their homes back very much. PLEASE HELP HAITI (AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.)

January 20, 2010 at 9:58 am |

The U.S. has been a big help to Haiti by donating money also other countrys are helping too. If poeple just donate a little bit of money it can make a big difference to the people there. I donated money there to help i think other people should do that too. Help the people of Haiti!!!!!

January 20, 2010 at 9:58 am |
  281. Emily

I think what happened in Haiti is absolutly devestating. I would do any thing to help the people in Haiti to cleen up there home, rebuild houses, help take care of injured people, and to find as many survivers as posible. More people should try to help people that were in the Haiyi earthquake.

January 20, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  282. Bincy

I feel really sad for the people of Hatit and all they had to go through. They lost all they had and i am happy to hear that people are trying to find people that are still alive and that they are giving them supplies of resourses they need.

January 20, 2010 at 10:00 am |
  283. Fallyn

I do not know anyone who was in the earthquake. As I keep seeing it all over the news and the internet, I keep thinking how sad they must have felt for anybody who lost family members. It is so sad!

January 20, 2010 at 10:00 am |
  284. Jenna

I think that the victims of Haiti are scared and alone. Many of the victims lost their homes, and were left to live in tents, or even nothing. I think more people should donate things such as clothes, food, money, or medicine to help Haiti.

January 20, 2010 at 10:01 am |
  285. Isabelle

people are really trying to help these people ASAP... its kind of like hurricane katrina in new orleans and helping rebuild these people homes and get them out of the rubble if they are stuck in it still. i think these people are very brave!!! good luck!!

January 20, 2010 at 10:04 am |
  286. Sheryl

I have seen the student news and news at home and i cant believe what i am seeing. It is so sad! They are people just like us except homes, food, clothign and a lot of loved one too! I dont know anyone in Haiti, but i know that they all are in trouble and need our help! I hope everything will work out!!

January 20, 2010 at 10:10 am |
  287. Rachel

I am shocked about what happened. I am thankful my family and friends are safe, but i also wish the people in Haiti were safe. More and more people should start helping out with the situation. I just want everyone to be safe. The people in Haiti need more help then we do.

January 20, 2010 at 10:13 am |
  288. Gayathri

I felt really sad and extremly upset because so many people died and lost their hmes because of the earrthquake. I really one to help the people in Haiti because they lost everything and we can provide help and support to them.

January 20, 2010 at 10:18 am |
  289. michelle

Many peolple have been affected by the earthquake in Haiti, but when i was on vacation in miami i was getting a ride in a cab down to the airport, and the man told us he was from Haiti. He also said that almost everyone knows someone who has been effected by it. he told us that his brothers wife had been killed im it ,he also said that he had a buisness there and it was ruined in the earthquake and it took him so many years to just get the buissness started and now he must do it all over again. all the effort that some peolple are helping to raise money and bring haiti food and water is amazing. Even where my father works they are trying to spread the word about how you can text haiti to a certain phone number and it will charge ten dollars to your account on your phone bill and all of the money will go to haiti.

January 20, 2010 at 10:22 am |
  290. Griffin

I am very sorry for Haiti's loss. It is horrible the things that they have to go through down there. I really hope that they can get help and get back on track as a country. Again, i am very sorry for the loss of all those people. I wish the best for Haiti, thankyou.

January 20, 2010 at 10:24 am |
  291. Melodie

I was really shocked when all those people from Haiti died and i think that it would've been really sad if I knew someone from there. I looked at the pictures of people dying there, and it looked horrible. I think that we should donate more and more food and supplies and some medicine. Also we should donate the American Red Cross so we could save more people.

January 20, 2010 at 10:24 am |
  292. Katlynn

HI, i feel bad about what happiened to you guys well dont wary people
    are trying to help you guys and also i am making a bake sale to try and help raise money to help you guys i have already made 35 dollars so far well i have to go now talk to you guys soon.

January 20, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  293. Chris

I know it must be terrible for all the people in Haiti. I'm sorry for their loss. Losing family members and close friends must be hard. It's hit a lot of people there. Over 200,000 have died. I'm hoping they can recover from this huge disaster.

January 20, 2010 at 10:25 am |
  294. Kerstyn

I think it is terrible what happend and i really wish i could help..........Alot of people that i know are starting fundraisers to help Haiti with there hard time.............there is a way for everyone to help

January 20, 2010 at 10:26 am |
  295. zachary

Im sarry for your loss. I hope every thing gets better.

January 20, 2010 at 10:26 am |
  296. Nathan

I hope things get beter because of all the food going to you. I hope u people rebuild your town. I wish i could help u but i can't. Try to get water amd food. I wish u good luck.

January 20, 2010 at 10:27 am |
  297. Veronda

alot of people are dying from this.If i hade alot of money i would give it all up just to help.I already plan ondonating what i have.i will try my best to give and share with the people in hatti.thank you:)try to keep it up:(

January 20, 2010 at 10:27 am |
  298. lauren

Haiti really needs help. They have suffered a lot. Many people don't even care about them. Probably because they aren't them. Still they do need help. My friends and I are having a fund raiser to help them out. Maybe you could try that too. Remember this, A lot of people will try to make a difference, but only a few will change the world. So try to make that more than a few to change the world. PLEASE HELP HAITI!!!!!

January 20, 2010 at 10:31 am |
  299. Ben

I saw some of the pics from hati, and I am shocked that so many people are alive. I cant believ there used to be a city there. it looks more like the ruins of a city from long ago. I wish I could help.

January 20, 2010 at 10:32 am |
  300. Corinne

Alot of people dont care about haiti but im not one of the people! Me and my friend are doing a findraiser for haiti we are haveing a bake sale,games and a lot more cool things we are hoping to rasie money to get medican and food and suppiles! People do not care about them propily because they are not them!!! 7 on the richter scale is pretty bad if i was ther i would be so scard,sad, and alot of other things i cant explane!!!!!! This earthquake has changed the life of the haitions so bad!! We all need to do somthing they are scard to go in their homes because of t he afterschok!!!!!!! WE ALL HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE THEY BELONG AND THAT WE ALL SAPPORT THEM!!!!! PLZ,PLZ,PLZ SAVE HAITI!!!!!! THE ANGELS FOR HAITI WILL HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 20, 2010 at 10:35 am |
  301. chris

my fellow student thinks it isnt smart that our government is spending so much on other countries, when we are already in debt past our eyeballs. I kinda agree with her that we should be working on getting our country out of debt, but from my perspective its better to spend on someone in need rather than something we wont need. so go Obama your doing the right thing,

January 20, 2010 at 10:38 am |
  302. Shelby

I think its great that we are helping Haiti with everything. I do feel very sad for what has happened but i beleive that we should really be getting our country out of debt. But spending our money on Haiti is better than other things we don't need.

January 20, 2010 at 10:39 am |
  303. Thomas

I'm going to donate a hundered dollars to the ppl of Haiti annd do the best i can to help.

January 20, 2010 at 11:24 am |
  304. Ian

People in Haiti desperately need our help. No matter their ethnicity, religions or belief these people are human and need help and donations.

January 20, 2010 at 11:44 am |
  305. Zack

it really is devistating to know that half of the entire country of haiti is flattened by the ground below. i 'm happy that there are some survivers, but not about the SOME part. i wish the best of luck to those who are looking for more.

January 20, 2010 at 11:51 am |
  306. Hart

This is reall sad because there is so many people without any homes. i think that we need to send a lot more supplies down there. There are people that are living with broken legs.

January 20, 2010 at 12:40 pm |

i feel extremely sorry for the people who lived there, but i cant really do anything.
    im just a minor, and our school hasnt been doing anything about it so yeah...

January 20, 2010 at 12:42 pm |
  308. Brooke

i think that itis a good thing that they give them food and water ,
    i feel really bad that they are homeless .

January 20, 2010 at 12:42 pm |
  309. bogar

when i saw the earthquakes mess on t.v i was devistated. my whole schoool was talking about it and some people were really sad. in class we were looking at the people who died and survived with serious injuries and some people cried, i wanted to go to haiti and help with the people. i thought that this is the worst trajidy!

January 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm |
  310. Fredo

No, I don't have anyone who has been effected by the earthquake, but I believe it is a horrible thing that all of those people who lived in Haiti were hurt so badly. It is just so sad that some people are still not found under all the buldings and people are homeless. I am so glad that the other countrys are helping them.

January 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm |

Haiti has gone through a tough time, and why are we now just starting to help them? There are hundreds dead, wounded, and lost-not to mention they dont have the supplies they need. we have everything we need, could we just sort of pause what the US is doing now, and just help them out? Its not always about us, there's billions of other people in the world. Ones who are lost, dying, starving, etc.

January 20, 2010 at 12:45 pm |
  312. Personn

I think that it was a terrible and tragic event. The U.S. is doing their best to try to help the people. I feel bad for the people who don't know where their family members are. Seeing all of the hurt people makes me feel bad. Everyone should help Haiti. I think it's great how a whole bunch of countries are helping out. I wish I could do more to help.

January 20, 2010 at 12:47 pm |
  313. Raiyne

I feel inredibily bad for the good people of Haiti. I actually have a friend who lives in Haiti and she wishes she could be here, safe and sound. On facebook and many other places they're setting up donation systems, so anybody that can, should. 2010 is about change! πŸ™‚

January 20, 2010 at 1:14 pm |
  314. sabrina

i think we should bring some of the people in HATI to ameraica UNTIL THEY GET BETTER πŸ˜€

January 20, 2010 at 1:14 pm |
  315. josh

I think we should help out as much as we can. my school had started a can and food drive for those less fortune it. I think everybody should donate what they can to help out.

January 20, 2010 at 1:34 pm |

i think that the haite support is amazing on how much people have tried to hellp them. i hope the people there will soon stop suffering.

January 20, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  317. Paco

I think that the pictures are sad. Everyone is helping the most that the can. If Haiti keeps on getting as much donations as they are right now, then Haiti will be in good shape.

January 20, 2010 at 1:39 pm |
  318. PAT

This is a devistating disaster and I'm glad the US and other countries came to help. If we hadn't I would do my best to make a difference in there community. I think that it was a terrible and tragic event. The U.S. is doing their best to try to help the people. I feel bad for the people who don't know where their family members are.

January 20, 2010 at 1:40 pm |
  319. Norah

I think that it is awesome that so many people are becoming involved in helping Haiti. They all need and deserve every cent. The more we give, the better.

January 20, 2010 at 1:40 pm |
  320. Clifford

I agree that we need to help the people in haiti, but i think its stupid that we are not helping our country first, i mean yeah it sounds a little selfish but we are not even helping homeless people in our country. and there are more homless people in our country then there are in Haiti.

January 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm |

Well i crochet things like small animals so i could sell them, on amazon or somthing and then i could donate some of the money.

January 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm |
  322. big papa

i think we did a good job by sending them water and food that really took off some of the preasure

January 20, 2010 at 1:42 pm |
  323. TINKERBELL

Sooo , There is a World Crisis. I'm glad that Americais pitching in so well, more than i or mostly any other American Would thinkk ?! We are Doing a Greeeat Job at itt , and we are helping out many people who have lost family members or are now homelessss . Its sad, but its life. We should keep donating as Much as possssible ! Just like we aree , but yaa know. Keep sending people over there to help outt ! Shhhanks !

January 20, 2010 at 1:43 pm |
  324. bob

i think that we should go and help them. if we go and help them maybe they would do the same for us if we have a disaster and are in need.

January 20, 2010 at 1:44 pm |
  325. lalalala

When i heard about the earthquake, i felt so bad for those poor people. they are in poverty, and they just got hit by a major earthquake.These people have no homes, no money, and no food. I feel terrible about it. However, i am happpy that so many people are helpiing. thwe kindness of ever1 will immensly help these hatians.

January 20, 2010 at 1:45 pm |
  326. PAT

i feel bad for all the people in Haidi, but we are doing the best we can to help them.

January 20, 2010 at 1:45 pm |
  327. anonymous

I would never ever ever live in Hati. Earthquakes are horrible and I hope people donate.

January 20, 2010 at 1:46 pm |
  328. Katy

donating money is great but i feel like i could do more. i really wish i could do more, like going to haiti to help out!

January 20, 2010 at 1:46 pm |
  329. un known

I think we shouls help. I saw pictures and videos. It was sad and seeing the people on the street crying becasuse they lost thier friends and family.

January 20, 2010 at 1:47 pm |
  330. Cinderella

I am very glad that the U.S. is helping out Haiti. My church is also doing a missions trip there, as we speak. They really need ALOT of help and im glad were helping. I feel soooooo sad inside when i see pictures and videos of there, becasue i just want world peace. I love you all((:

January 20, 2010 at 1:49 pm |
  331. Katherine

I don't know anybody that was in the earthquake. and i want to help donate money because i think that very sad people don't have a home, food, and water.

January 20, 2010 at 2:00 pm |
  332. johnny

I think its pretty cool that the united states is helping out haiti.

January 20, 2010 at 2:47 pm |
  333. jon

i think that the earthquake in hait was obviously severe and requires more asstistance. also, with the fault line still there i think that it would be wise to build more stable buildings and provide stable shelters if this was to occur again withing a certain time period of this recovery process. (my mom has donated online and in text cause she is awesome. =p)

January 20, 2010 at 2:52 pm |
  334. Ponchoo

I think that the U.S. has done all its can. We;ve already dontaed alomost a half a billion dollars. I think that what we"re doing is great but right now we need to focus on the wars WE started and not on giving more money we dont haave,

January 20, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  335. Sam

I feel really bad for the people in Haiti. I can only imagine what it must be like to have your home utterly demolished. I talked to my mother the other day to see how we could help. She said that we could certainly donate money to the Red Cross because they would definately help Haiti. I only wish I could help the people of Haiti more. We all need to pitch in to lend these people a hand, so please join me and hundreds of other people to help. You don't have to do much, you can do what my mother and I did and donate money. So please help Haiti.

January 20, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  336. cAsSiE

im so sad that hati has to Suffer so much. I think that we need to fin a way to get the people from hati to a new place to live before anather natural diaster stricks and hit them. if you put your self in their place would you want to be living there its not fair and the people there dont have the money to live in america so we need to find a way to help them increse there salery. there average salery per year is the same as our average salery per month.

January 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm |
  337. chevis

I would like to help because i do not know what i would do if i were in that position. I would hate to be in that position. I do not know how it feels but i feel realy bad for the people who servived it? i feel bad for the people who servived it because they are suffering without food,shelter,water and they might even die.

January 20, 2010 at 2:55 pm |
  338. LeSLie

I thnk it is very sad what has happen to Hati and the people of Hati in the past weeks. The peaople of Hati are stuck without food ,water, shelter ,and clothing things we take for granted every day. Their also secluded so it is very hard to get the supplies including medical supplies they need. I know that Our countries and countries all over the world are doing as much as they can t help. Because in terrible times like these the world comes together to help eachother out!

January 20, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  339. shayle

i i think that this is vary sad and if i had the money i would would donate some of it. we all need to find a way to help out in hati some ideas would be donating money for food, clothes, water, and shelter

January 20, 2010 at 2:57 pm |
  340. Renee

I wish I could go to Haiti and help. People there really need our support. I read about a 13 year old boy who had lost his entire family when his house was detroyed. He was outside, so he survived. He now lives in a park and has to find his own food. My family is planning on donating, but we're not sure which one is the best. I hope that everyone who can help, helps.

January 20, 2010 at 2:58 pm |
  341. Ciara

If I could, I would go to Haiti to help. I can't imagine being in Haiti at that time. I will definatly help as much as possible. I don't have any family in Haiti, but those people feel like my family now. I am trying to find ways to help. I am just hoping that i will be able to help and make a difference.

January 20, 2010 at 2:59 pm |
  342. Lune

I feel really bed for all the people down in Haiti right now. All the pictures of the dead bodies and all of the rubble. The peole down there need all the help they can get. I feel like organizations like the Red Cross are giving these food and trying to help the wounded heal is a very good thing. These people don't have any running water to drink or any food to eat. So, I feel that if you can donate money please do so because these poor people need it more than anybody does up here in the USA.

January 20, 2010 at 2:59 pm |
  343. Alexander

I was really shocked when I first heard about the earthquake in Haiti. It was terrible to hear about what happend. From the no water to the streets filled with dead or dieing to the mass graves. I am completely amazed by all the diffrent groups that are helping like American Red Cross to Virtual Worlds. I give all my hope to the familys that are looking for people and families that have lost people.

January 20, 2010 at 3:00 pm |
  344. Nicole

Wow. The situation in Haiti realy shocked me to know what happened and all of the rough things that their going through and I don't think that I would be able to handle all of the horrible things that they are going through. I wish that I could help out a lot but I'm not sure how to. I realy do hope for the best for them and I will pray that things get better.

January 20, 2010 at 3:01 pm |
  345. Elizabeth

i think that its great that we're helping Hatiti but since we are recession we should focus on us for once.

January 20, 2010 at 3:02 pm |
  346. BOB

I feel really bad for the people in Haiti but the U.S. is doing the best that they can…

January 20, 2010 at 3:03 pm |
  347. jenny

This is a horrible occasion that does need special attension! but in the U.S. we also have homeless people living on the streets starving. im all for helping and donating money , but not all our food and supplies! which we could use for our country! i hope we can help hatii as much as possible but we do need to take our own responsibilties for our own country!!!!

January 20, 2010 at 3:12 pm |
  348. Natalie

I think that is very sad that the earthquake happened in Haiti. I hope that they get help fast.

Natalie

January 20, 2010 at 5:03 pm |
  349. Hailey11

My school is doing a sweat pants day to support Haiti. It will be 1 two 2 dollars. Keep it up.

January 20, 2010 at 5:31 pm |
  350. ashly

i really feel bad for people who were in that earthquake speacially the people who died. its great people are are helping them.

January 20, 2010 at 5:44 pm |
  351. Amy

I don't know anyone in Haiti, thankfully, but I hope that everyone else can be saved. The people down there really need as much help as possible. We need to have people do searches, and double check that no one is in the rubble anymore. The severe earthquakes that keep happening, aren't going to help. They need to get everyone out of the rubble, and out of Haiti as soon as possible.

January 20, 2010 at 5:46 pm |
  352. tatiana

i feel very sorry for the people in Haiti because they had a terrible
    earthquake and it destroyed many homes and many families.so please please help the people in haiti. just donate at least $.10.
    they really need your help.i am an adult .only 29 years old and donated $20 for the people in Haiti.PLEASE HELP THEM!!!!!!!

January 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm |
  353. Pele

I think Obama Should donate some money for Haiti.

January 20, 2010 at 8:14 pm |
  354. molly

I am going with my parents to help out with the truoble in Haiti. I am also going to get some of my friends to help out too.

January 20, 2010 at 8:42 pm |
  355. Ellis

I think the U.N. should be sending relief efforts if they are not already. Part of our world is in crisis and we need to act.

January 20, 2010 at 8:54 pm |
  356. Catherine

The United Methodist Churches in my area of Georgia are doing a lot to help the Haiti earthquake victims. We are sending supplies and money through UMCOR and are extremely happy to be helping them in their time of need.

January 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm |
  357. Sera

I think it's a positive way how we are trying to help, but I believe more damage will come in the future, like another after shock. So, I think no matter how much we try Hati will never be the same.

January 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm |
  358. Alix

I think it's great that we're helping the people of Haiti. But that isn't really our problem. I don't want to seem insensitive, but we have people here starving on the streets, with no homes and no food, and we're helping Haiti. For once, we need to think of ourselves first.

January 20, 2010 at 9:42 pm |
  359. Melanie

I was knitting a scarf for myself when I thought I could donate it to Haidi...if I finish in time, I'm going to give it to someone.

January 20, 2010 at 9:44 pm |
  360. kyle

there is so much i can do like selling lemonaid and brownies so all though i am a nobody i can help save a live with all the money i make

January 20, 2010 at 9:47 pm |
  361. Melanie

We (i.e. my family and I) donated 100 dollars to the Red Cross.

January 20, 2010 at 9:50 pm |

Oh Gods, please help the people in Haiti. Hades, please don't judge their souls too harshly. Hermes, please help deliver the message of those who are dead to their relatives. Demeter, when they recover from this devistation,, please give them pleaniful crops.

January 20, 2010 at 9:55 pm |
  363. asg

one of my family meber die in a earthquake its sad what happen god please let us help those people

January 20, 2010 at 10:57 pm |
  364. Alyssa

I feel really bad for the people in Haiti. dont hhurt them any more. keep them safe and protected from any harm. I know how you would feel if someone in Haiti that had a family in a different country and the y got a call that someone in your family died. you would probally be sad.

January 21, 2010 at 9:51 am |
  365. Will

I feel relieved that the U.S are doing something about the Haiti earthquake. I just hope that it is enough for them to get through this crisis.

January 21, 2010 at 9:55 am |
  366. Trish

Its certain that alot of americans are doing at least a little here and there to help the citizens of Haiti. I'm the freshman class president at my high school and we are tryin to raise as much money as possible. We are doing a numerous amount of fundraisers and other types of money raising techniques. We really want to do as much as we can without actually flying over there and helping out personally. I hope it makes at least a small difference in thier lives. We do care

January 21, 2010 at 11:31 am |
  367. Eliza

I think that Haiti could use all the help we can possibly give them. I wish we had helped more earlier, but that helping now is great. I hope everyone donates to Haiti.

January 21, 2010 at 11:54 am |
  368. Harley

i think that people should donate more money . Because people in Haiti have no money and can't afford houses or there houses have fallin. People have died there over like 1000 i think. If i could i would go and help rebuild all there houses and donate all my money so people can have food and a nice shelter.

January 21, 2010 at 2:25 pm |
  369. Lynsie

Well i think that are whole state should pay money because they have suffered enough threw all that damage and think what they going threw so please tell every one on Cnn student new s to text because i fill very bead for hem imagine if we were threw that kinda of pain

January 21, 2010 at 2:28 pm |
  370. Elise

I know there is something all of us can do to help, like food drives, fund raisers ext.

January 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm |
  371. Sydney

When that earth quake happened I didn't know until my teacher Mrs. Crockett told us about it! It's so sad I wish I could be at Haiti right now! GOd bless them

January 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm |
  372. Eliz

I think it's a wonderful case of humanity and caring for others. But it seems to me that many of the people who speak out now for them did not speak for the Haitians before the quake. Many were starving before..why now? They neede us before!

January 21, 2010 at 2:34 pm |
  373. Monica =)

Its sad watching how horrible it is out there with all the injuries and deaths . They are in need of a large amount of medical help and food. The U.S. is doing all they can and i just wish i could help somehow. My school is starting a fundraiser for Haiti and I'm looking forward to participating.

January 21, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  374. gianna

I think the earthquake in Haiti was terrible. But I think that the commercial saying to text them to give money to Haiti is just a scam.

January 21, 2010 at 3:19 pm |
  375. Austin

I think other countries that are closer to haiti should help out with the relif effert.

January 21, 2010 at 3:29 pm |
  376. alex

wow i cantbelive therewas 2 devistating equaks

January 21, 2010 at 3:30 pm |
  377. alex

i am doing my best by sending what money i could i feel realy bad for people there they have no food and water shelter please trytohelpthe best u can to

January 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm |
  378. michael

My school started a fund raiser today. We are colecting money in our geography class and for every dollar we donate we get a "brick" or red piece of paper. At the end we will put all of the bricks together to create a big wall to sybilise the rebuilding of Haiti. I say that if any school hasn't started a fund raiser yet you should start one. If any person from Haiti was here they would be saying thank you like crazy.

January 21, 2010 at 8:38 pm |
  379. Deepi

I think that it's important that we get help to Haiti, and it's a good thing that the USA and other countries are getting involved. They need all the help they can get, and if you can start a fundraiser or something to get involved, do it.

January 21, 2010 at 9:56 pm |
  380. Tucker

I admit. I do feel bad for what happened in Haiti, but to an extent. It's really sad that they have to go through that, However, It's not to where i want to give something i worked hard for to a place i have never been to. People are suffering bad here too. I think we need to work on our own problems before we go handing money to other countries. We just don't have that good of an economy to be giving 100 billion dollars to a country when we have poverty here.

January 21, 2010 at 10:01 pm |
  381. Brianna

I think that the situation in Haiti is sad and can be hard for those who know people that were in the wreck. We should not judge the people by what happened to them because they can't help that the earthquake was it their country. I know that I have friends going down to help out and I am praying and I think you should too.

January 22, 2010 at 12:01 am |
  382. Abby

I think that it is very important that we should help Hati. If I were in Hati now I would be very thankful for the USA and other countries are getting involved in helping our home. The people in Hati all need the help they can get. I think that everybody should start a fundraiser.

January 22, 2010 at 9:57 am |
  383. jamella

i havent ever in my life been in a tradget like that so i dont know what to say my conduonuce go out to everybody ya hav e my prayers allah bless inshallallah we will get through this

January 22, 2010 at 11:00 am |
  384. Steven

I think Everyione is concerned about Haiti and everyones trying to help. I hope that Haiti is alright

January 22, 2010 at 11:48 am |
  385. kelcey

i am so sorry for what happened in haiti i am so so sorry for what happened but we are donating money to haitis and we are so sad well i am

January 22, 2010 at 1:03 pm |
  386. bianca

no i don' t know any body that was there but i think what happened to that place was horrible.

January 22, 2010 at 2:40 pm |
  387. Billybob

Haiti will go through a very very long period of rebuilding.

January 22, 2010 at 2:42 pm |
  388. brenna

i think the people in haiti should get more food and water from amarica.

January 22, 2010 at 4:32 pm |
  389. amanda ='(

i think the Hati earth quake is very sad. it will take years and years to rebuild the whole entire city! as if thats bad enough! a few days after that hati had an after shock. my friends family was there and her grandpa died. it was a very sad moment for them. but please if you can donate to hati! they need our help!

January 22, 2010 at 9:20 pm |
  390. Zeshan

I think he is the poorest country because it had so many effected earthquake

January 22, 2010 at 10:41 pm |
  391. Eliza

The mass destruction of the earthquake in Haiti has impacted our lives greatly. People are creating foundations, fundraisers, and ads to support the Haiti relief. However, I think the paparazzi should stop calling attention to the celebrities that are pitching in to help, and start reacting to what is really essential.

January 23, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  392. Morgan

I think obviously the earthquake is horrible! make sure everyone is doing their part and everything they can to help Haiti. if you have a chance or oppertnity to help, HELP!

January 23, 2010 at 6:29 pm |
  393. Deja

It is very important that we help Haiti. They need a lot of help. I will try to provide as much as I can.

January 23, 2010 at 7:40 pm |
  394. hannah

i think that america should help haiti because its the right thing to do and the poor country didnt need to get anything tht bad happen to them...i think that ameria should help them right away!!!

January 23, 2010 at 11:01 pm |
  395. Davon

I have donated money to the Red Cross for Haiti. Even though I don't know anyone in Haiti, I still feel like they are family. I also prayed for the people of Haiti......MAY GOD BLESS THEM!

January 24, 2010 at 11:50 am |
  396. Stephen

real tough for them.
    i couldn't stand it to be in their shoes.
    i saw 1 picture and i new i had to send 500$ + to them

god bless the people that are helping them

January 24, 2010 at 9:47 pm |
  397. TOM

i know a player from the 76ers who his family was affected and he is trying to get enoft money so everyone can be safe and seening some of the pictures was horrible i think that were giving too much.

January 25, 2010 at 10:07 am |
  398. Bob

people and other countries should help Haiti

January 25, 2010 at 2:46 pm |
  399. Bob

People should help haiti

January 25, 2010 at 2:48 pm |

more people should help those in haiti if i were only old enough i would

January 25, 2010 at 2:53 pm |
  401. MINDY

They need our help. It's one of the poorest place in the world. In my parish they had a collecting and my sister put in $10!! That is just the start! My school is having a day where we bring a $1 and get to wear a hat. Schools all over should do this it's a way to have fun and help the people in Haiti. We can help!! Get your school to do it too!!

January 25, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  402. janajah

help haiti if you can

January 25, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  403. Noah

i fell bad and all for the people in haiti but the US is giving Haiti money that we don't have and that will make the US go into even more debt

January 25, 2010 at 3:16 pm |
  404. Mari'Lee

All of those who suffer in haiti im sorry for all that u been threw but this will not go on much longer because i gave a whole bunch of clothes for the ages 3-6 and im hoping to give alot more i gave 200 dollars and canned goods to be sent from haitis i own my own clothing line and all of my staff are willing to do alot for them to make it threw this big tragity my daughter who is only 5 knows alot about haiti and she donated 2 dollars or her own to haitis please help haitis become healthier an stronger every sinle day!!!
    – Mari'Lee

January 25, 2010 at 4:45 pm |
  405. Katie

this is almost the opposite of Katrina, I wish I were older so I could go over there and help but for now all I can do is watch and donate. To all of you reading, find any way possible to help, for them

January 25, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  406. aaron

i think the earthquake in haiti was dangerously awful but if rescuers do search day in and day out im sure people will be found. just because they found some people doesn't mean they found all. the government is one of the only ways to save them so i think the government should take another step up

January 26, 2010 at 9:03 am |
  407. Court

I reacted to the Hati earthwake by helping to donate money. I believe that the US is trying their hardest to help! I think it was a terrible situation and i hope they are recovering. Nothing is worse than loosing your family, and that's what is happening to them.

January 26, 2010 at 9:51 am |
  408. wade

why should the US do anything about the earthquake it isnt our fault that it happened just because their government cant pay for it doesnt mean we should have to pay for it.

January 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  409. Reaiah

I feel for the people of Haiti, I feel that we should help as much as we can and i only wish that everyone will find there love ones.

January 26, 2010 at 3:17 pm |
  410. Ryan

I think we all need to do as much as we can to help so that less people will suffer from this tragedy

January 26, 2010 at 3:18 pm |
  411. Bre

I think that they need more money to help the people. And more people to send stuff such as toys,colthes,alot of medicine....and for the people that are close please help as much as you can.

January 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm |
  412. Michael

I think that people and communities need to be more involved in getting help to the Haitians and more people need to step up to the plate and donate more material to Haiti to aid in the relief.

January 26, 2010 at 3:19 pm |
  413. Curtis

I feel very sad for those involved in the crisis in Haiti. Though many people are trying to help, I think more are needed; thousands are still homeless and in need of aid and assisstance. Hopefully more help will come soon and everything will be back the way it was.

January 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  414. Angel

Well i can't right now if i get a changes i will donated 100 dollars for those that need it because i don't need them now like they do

January 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  415. Jhayna

I applaud the individuals who are willing to graciously help the people in Haiti. However, I am aware that there are still people who wish to prey on innocent people and start scams. I also think that the U.S is doing its part in raising money and giving to the less fortunate in Haiti. Any amount of money will help, no matter if it's five dollars or five hundred dollars. I am also empathetic to the people, mostly the children who have lost loved ones. I truly hope things get better and the recovery is quick.

January 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm |
  416. Logan

I think we should not be helping Hati as much as we are. Our country is in WAY enough debt and our economy is still unstable we should not be spending millions of dollars to help them this much. No important resources come out of Hati. And the gangs in Hati are costing even more money Because they are stealing the supplies so we keep sending more and we are sending more troops to protect the supplies. If we would have just sent a small amount of help it would be ok. when the leves broke in New
    Orleans I lived there and it took a couple days to even get water there and we are helping Hati another country before we would help one of our most important ports in America.

January 26, 2010 at 3:23 pm |
  417. John

My parents, 4 siblings and I, have raised as much money as we could through our church and other places. I really wish that I were older and could go down and be a part of helping those in need. My heart is on them right now.

January 26, 2010 at 6:05 pm |
  418. Ellen

My school is going to do all we can to help Haiti.

January 26, 2010 at 8:39 pm |

I think it's great how our government is helping out in Haiti so much, but I also think as students in schools we can do our part also. We can send out care packages to Haiti or have class fundraisers and donate that money to a organization like the Red Cross.

January 27, 2010 at 9:41 am |
  420. Elizabeth

I think we're doing our best to help in as many ways as we can. And there isnt much I can do, but if I could I would.

January 27, 2010 at 10:37 am |
  421. Ariel

i wish everyone a safe trip back home.
    i'm sorry for the lost of haidi.

January 27, 2010 at 10:40 am |
  422. Tanner

My class is selling bracelets to raise money to give to Haiti. It made us feel devastated.

January 27, 2010 at 11:09 am |
  423. Nate

It shocked me when i heard about this happen in Haiti. Like Katie said, this is the exact opposite of what hurricane Katrina did. But overall, we are helping the people down there. It's just a horrible thing that's going on in this world.

January 27, 2010 at 11:53 am |
  424. Peter

Its bad down there a third world country that just went through a natural disaster. The only solution is the worlds help!

January 27, 2010 at 12:05 pm |
  425. dale

why dont we consontrate on are problems just give them the things they need and get back to work

January 27, 2010 at 12:09 pm |
  426. Tanner

the earthquake in haiti was a terrifying story wich we should help......if were going to help iraq and iran and our place has alwaysed said that every one should be free and happy..... then we should help because inorder for haiti to be happy they need help to take care of the situation....they need to be happy and if they fight for food and shelter they will not be happy..... and defentintly not free they will not see what will can happenn if they wok together if they are foghting to suvive............it is indeed a great disaster and all should come and help for they are inneed and we can help.................. treat your neighbor as u would want to be treated...

January 27, 2010 at 12:45 pm |
  427. federica

i'm devastaited for what happened

January 27, 2010 at 12:58 pm |
  428. Shiloh

Those poor people are in a terrible thing right now. Like childern getting crushed by whatever hits them I just hope thatthey are safe and get their country fixed!!!!!!

January 27, 2010 at 10:27 pm |
  429. Elizabeth

I think that people out of Haiti should help Haiti because if an earthquake as bad as theirs happened to us we would want other people to help us.

January 27, 2010 at 11:29 pm |
  430. Kenna

Two girls from my high school school were working as missionaries in Haiti when the disaster struck. As a result, our language clubs have started raising funds to help with the relief efforts.

January 28, 2010 at 12:25 am |
  431. trika

I think USA could have done alot lot better since they act as though they r the head of the world and could have save many more lives. as a matter all other nations colud have done better. but i guess it is hati.

January 28, 2010 at 11:25 am |
  432. Austin

The American goverment should worry about America at the moment. We can't afford to borrow more money from China to help a dieing country. I agree that it is a good thing to donate charity, but, I also think that that should be left to the people not the goverment. Let the churches and communities donat to Hati, but the American goverment should worry about America.

January 28, 2010 at 6:53 pm |
  433. Austin

I will be thoughroly dissapointed if Obama decides to bring the Hatians to America. He knows that they will grow up to be liberals and vote liberal. They will all be supported on tax payers dollars and that is the last thing we need.

January 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm |
  434. Samantha

This is totally tragic! i hope everyone can donate money to the poor people in Haiti or at least enough to satisfy them!

January 28, 2010 at 11:55 pm |
  435. Meghan

We are trying to help in Haiti, we really are, but we are only helping out in Port-au-prince. Haiti may be small but there are more locations that have no help because they aren't big towns. Americans should donate or volunteer to help out because they need us there, they need anyone there.

January 29, 2010 at 12:41 am |
  436. Jenna

A friend of mine told me that a pastor and his church from Oregon went to Haiti for a missions trip. They were there when the earthquake hit, and not a singe one of them was hurt! God does protect the righteous in the midst of hard times, you know.

January 29, 2010 at 2:46 pm |
  437. Nicole

I think that everyone should try their best to help as much as they can. Personally, i believe that some one who only has 50 cents and gives all of that is just as good as a millionare who gives 500 dollars to help Haiti. so, just try your hardest! πŸ™‚

January 29, 2010 at 7:16 pm |
  438. Cory

The earthquake has been a terrible tragedy. I am happy though to see all these people trying to donate and help. It's good to know that when things are bad we can all come together and help those in need.

January 31, 2010 at 4:36 pm |
  439. Nasir

I think that it is terrible that the earthquake in Haiti has Devastated so many people & left them in Ruins. We should keep doing a good job helping them.!

February 1, 2010 at 9:21 am |
  440. Carlos

I think that the earthquake in haiti was a devastating event and that we should do eveything in our power to jelp them get on their feet even if it takes years. ............... We can help haiti get on there feet by having construction workers voleenteer and also by donating clothes and toiletres and so on ............

February 1, 2010 at 9:25 am |
  441. Shanasia

i think that the earthquake in haiti was absoulutley devestating. a lot the people there has lst their family members. most of the people in the capital are either injured or dead.

February 1, 2010 at 9:27 am |
  442. Kathryn

i think that the us should stop wasting its time in money on other countries problems and starting focusing on our own problems. i mean we have homeless people, we have people dying daily from having untreated illnesses and dying of hunger. but we have all these charities for different countries.

February 1, 2010 at 10:41 am |
  443. Leslie

The USA is doing so good helping hati. It is really nice that the US is helping at all. I mean we didn't have to help. And one day if disater strikes the US hopefully other countries would extend us the same cortiesy that we do them.

February 1, 2010 at 11:35 am |
  444. Lizzy

this earthquake has damaged so many buildings and homes, injured and killed people, and has made Haiti very hard to make stable again. I think that the U.S. CAN do something about it. And that is exactly what we are doing. I am glad that we have sent food, water and help. I just hope that all of the caos will be over soon.

February 1, 2010 at 11:38 am |
  445. Emma

this earthquake has been a very difficult time for everyone. there are so many foundations and organizations for this! we are helping so much! even if it is as simple as donating a few dollars. that can go a long way! haiti is in a very difficult time right now and i'm glad the U.S.A. is there to help!(:

February 1, 2010 at 2:14 pm |
  446. Lauren

I think that everyone should have a chance and that earthquake left haiti with no chance what so ever. I mean all the orphanages in Haiti got totally distroyed along with the rest of Haiti. I have amade a sticky note that has a cross on it and inside it says, "They need our help the children do to in Haiti. Save the children". Then on another sticky note I wrote Save the Children. Port-Au-Prince. I am glad that the U.S is down there helping all the people that are suffering. We all deserve a chance to live and that means them too.

February 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm |
  447. swindle

it is about time the world should put more supplies and food and medical help like right now or people are going to die because the death line is over due and everyone that is stuck in the buildings is pretty much dead so they need to start thinking about the people that are alive and focus on their needs now

February 1, 2010 at 2:35 pm |
  448. Justin

I think the U.S. is doing a good deed in sending food, water, and supplies to Haiti.

February 2, 2010 at 9:47 am |
  449. Daphne

I am sympathetic toward the people in Haiti. In class my science teacher showed us some pictures that made me feel really bad. I wish I could be over there helping, but I feel that it would just add to the problem. I definitely support helping the citizens of Haiti, but I wouldn't want to send money over, because it might fall into the hands of corrupt leaders. But I want to help, and I hope the Haitians ae able to recover.

February 2, 2010 at 10:34 pm |
  450. Mikey

I think people need to send supplies to Haiti amediately. I aslo am doing some fundraisers at my school.HELP HAITI

February 3, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  451. cortney

wow the earthquake in haiti i dont think any one could perdict that. that was a sad day even watching comercials about that make me tear up although wipping my eyes i still have to try to hold them back! but the great thing is all the countries rushing to help this huge city. about how we set aside our differences to aid this damaged city

February 3, 2010 at 8:40 pm |
  452. Sophie

I think that it was terrible about what happened. The US is doing so much to help them and made a lot of donations. I don't know anyone who lives there, but I feel bad for them

February 5, 2010 at 12:40 pm |
  453. Gabby

I think it is very kind of the people who are trying to help out in Haiti.
    I am proud to know that everyone is trying their best to help out and make a difference. People haev rights not to help. But, people still do. People should always be this way and should never stop caring for others.

February 5, 2010 at 12:42 pm |
  454. matt

i dont know anyone that has been affected by the earthquake.and Iv seen people on tv that was really poor. also all of the buildings are falling down! Please help Haiti! hoppfully,matt

February 5, 2010 at 12:43 pm |
  455. steven

I think we should help the people more in haiti because they were already a poor island and now they need money. They need our help so they won't die unassited.

February 5, 2010 at 12:50 pm |
  456. Chris

I was real worry when I herd that because of the children and because if it was my family i would be crying and if i was thier that could have been me that caught in that earthquake so i hope everybody be okat at hati

February 5, 2010 at 12:57 pm |
  457. Sophie

the earth quake in Hati really was terrible, but the US is doing so much to help them

February 6, 2010 at 2:54 pm |
  458. Mariah

I do not know anyone in Haiti, but i wish people in haiti luck and lots of help!

February 7, 2010 at 7:18 pm |

I think the whole United States is pulling together to help a great cause. Almost every church and every business is putting something together to help people who need it the most.

February 8, 2010 at 12:08 pm |
  460. sam

i was very sad about what happend. lots of very well known celeberties. if i could i would go over and help build buildings and repair things.

February 8, 2010 at 3:15 pm |
  461. Dillon

The population of almost every country in the world ridicules Americans, but in times like this they expect us to be the saviors. I have nothing against relief efforts, and i have donated towards them, but I think that other nations people should recognize what we do for the world.

February 8, 2010 at 8:20 pm |