November 15th, 2009

9/11 Trials

On September 11, 2001, 2752 people were killed when two planes were deliberately crashed into New York City's World Trade Center. In today’s show, we report on Attorney General Eric Holder’s decision regarding five alleged terrorists with ties to the 9/11 attacks. They will be tried in a New York civilian court blocks away from where the Twin Towers once stood. Some disagree with this decision, saying that suspected terrorists should be tried in a military court at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. They raise security concerns about having terrorist suspects on American soil. Defendants in a civil trial will have the Constitutional protections given to any U.S. citizen. One Congressman says he's concerned that could result in shorter sentences.

9/11 is, without a doubt, the most significant date in my lifetime, so many Americans are interested in this trial. It’s your turn! Tell us where you stand in this important debate: Do you think that terrorist suspects should be brought to America to stand trial under the U.S. Constitution, or in a military trial?

John Martin, Writer

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Brandon

I think they should be in military trial in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba so if they exscape they will not harm any American citizens.

November 15, 2009 at 11:52 pm |
  2. katie

i think that they should be trailed in the state or city they did the damage in. maybe they should even see the damage that they did.

November 16, 2009 at 9:59 am |
  3. Harley

I think that kids should be able to express themselves. All that kid is doing is expressing his school spirit. There is nothing wrong with that. if he gets suspinded he should be proud .I dyed my hair blue for basketball and my school don't care every one thinks it is so cool even the teachers.I think that is so cool.

November 16, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  4. Harley

I think that the people should be put into a jail or something, because if we went over to there country and killed some of there people we would be arrested.

November 16, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  5. Riley

I think that there should be a military trial and they should be tried in somewhere other than America- it's too risky and too expensive!

November 16, 2009 at 10:25 am |
  6. Lucas

I understand both sides of this argument, and what I think would be the best thing to do is to give them a military trial in Guantanamo Bay then serve their punishment (personally I think it should be death) in New York city.

November 16, 2009 at 10:26 am |
  7. Anna

I think that they should goto a military trial. I don't think that they deserve the rights because what they did.

November 16, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  8. Kyle

They should be in a military trial because of them the war in Iraq is going on

November 16, 2009 at 11:02 am |
  9. Meganne

I think that since the crime was in America, against the Americans, and hundreds were killed, that it should be in America, but then again, if the terrorists were to randomly start killing people in the room, then it should be definitely be in the military.

November 16, 2009 at 11:02 am |
  10. Rebecca

Yes and no because if they did bring them back for trial, they could harm people in America again and we wouldn't want that to happen. Yes because I think that they should get arrested or have a punishment because what the terrerists did was horrible and they shouldn't just be able to get away with what they did!!

November 16, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  11. REGIS

Those men should be in a military trial because they took countless lives and that can't replace anything.

November 16, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  12. Nikita

I don't think that the trial should be in New York, because they don't deserve the rights that a citizen would have. They killed A LOT of people. Some people in the U.S. die because they killed one person, why should they get the rights when there not citizens and they killed some many people! All those people who died that day had families that cared about them, they should have the rights.

November 16, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  13. Alexandra

I think that the terrorists should have their trial held in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba because it will be scary for the people who live in New York to know that the people who knocked down the twin towers and killed family and friends are back and could be planning another horrific attack!

November 16, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  14. Devin

I think they should be charged in a military trial because they aren't U.S. citizens.

November 16, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  15. Sydney

I belive that they should be in military trial because what they are trying to achieve by getting some guilt from these suspects by seeing what has happened since the attack will not work because these suspects are proud of what they did.

November 16, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  16. George

I think thye should be in a military trial in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba because they should not be brought to America for the trial espicaly not so close to ground zero it could just make them proud of what they did.

November 16, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  17. Sabrina

They should not be treated fairly! They should be treated as a crimal, because of all the thing they did to the U.S.A.

November 16, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  18. Lauren

I am so glad that they got the man who tarrifed our lives with the people we lost and the people that helped. I think that those men should have the death penttaly because the killed so many people and we spent so much money trying to clean up the city.

November 16, 2009 at 11:09 am |
  19. Zoee

I think that they should have been charged a lot worse, as in War Criminals, because if they do escape than a lot of U.S. citizens could be harmed. And plus, it is not normal to try to kill thousands of people.

November 16, 2009 at 11:11 am |
  20. Alina

The suspects should be tried in a military court in Cuba. These 5 suspects destroyed the twin towers, killed thousands of people, and yet they get rights in court? The terrorists (if proven guilty) should be executed.

November 16, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  21. katie

Of course those ROTTEN men should be broght back to the sene of THERE crime, and they should allow people to come and get face to face with the people who murdered there family members and tell/show them the pain and suffering they caused all those people on that tragic day!!!!!

November 16, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  22. jackie

I think they should go to a military trial because they have killed lots of american people and kids and mabe are planning strike agian if we don't do anything about it.

November 16, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  23. Tommy

9/11 is a very emotional story and crisis that happend. It is not fair what those nasty rotten dispicable no good scallywags did to all those pore people in the towers. They deserve to get put to the electric chair right now!They dont deserve to live they think that they did something good for god , well they didnt and no book or peice of paper told them to do any of that!

November 16, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  24. Talley

I think who ever did it should be killed. that person killed thousands of people, and if you kill someone, you should be killed.

November 16, 2009 at 11:55 am |
  25. Simon

Well I think if they have killed or plotted to kill more than 3000 people they should not be given a fair trial like american citizens. They should be put in a military trial as war criminals.

November 16, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  26. kristian

I think that they should not have a trail. He admets that he did it. He killed alot of people in 9/11.

November 16, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  27. Summer

I am stuck between the two. I think that they shouldn't put them in a military base and hold trail there but I dont think they should be ANYWHERE near New York.

November 16, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  28. amanda

i think that they should be in a millatary trial becauses they had kill so maby people. they really should be to a death centens becauses they kill so many people.they need to be in guananamo bay were dont hurt any more poeple

November 16, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  29. David

I think they should not be given fair trial, because they are dangerous and should not be living in our population.

November 16, 2009 at 11:59 am |
  30. Emily

I think that they should not get an atorney or a trial. If you kill someone, than you should be killed. They caused like 1000 deaths, and they still get to live? People should not side with someone who killed almost all of New York, and let them live. Our firefighters died trying to save people. They should go on death row just like all of the American citizens do when they kill someone. If we give them a atorney, than an American has to side with them, and be against the many people who died. We know they are criminals, so no jury needs to decide if they are criminals or not. If we treat them like citizens than they go on death row, like many people do when they are found to be murderers.

November 16, 2009 at 11:59 am |
  31. Josh

I think they should be in military trial in Guantanamo Bay. They deserve the hardest trial possible.

November 16, 2009 at 12:01 pm |
  32. Matthew

There are some disadvantages and advantages with this situation. Some advantages is that the 9/11 "planners" should be close to where 9/11 happened because that could make a little impact on what they've done to this country. Some disadvantages are that it will cost money to have the trails there in New York, and that they are dealing with terrorist who planned 9/11 and should be in military court, and not civilian. No terrorist(s) should be in civilian court, to where they might get shorter sentences.

November 16, 2009 at 12:02 pm |
  33. thomas

i think they should be givin a fair trial because it was on us soil and if they are sent to the military camp they may never be truly proven guilty and they might be givin a worse punishment if they are givin a fair trial.

November 16, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  34. agnes

I think that they should be in a trial in guantanamo bay or Cuba,because i think he should be far away from us,and just encase he would escape.

November 16, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  35. mia

i think they should be in military trial in guantanamo bay so they will not harm american citizens.

November 16, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  36. nick

it is his hair let him do with it as he wants to do with it. if anything make him wear a hat instead of a stupid suspention.

November 16, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  37. griffin

I think that this might be a bad idea becuase there will be alot of people angry and sad about this happening. So I think that people will be outside chanting and people might brake stuff. But i Think these are bad people and they should have to pay for what they`ve done.

November 16, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  38. aida

I think it should be in the military trial because you never know what lunitic trys to hurt you so its probably safer in military trial.

November 16, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  39. darren

the school is being anoying they should leave him and his hair alone.

November 16, 2009 at 12:17 pm |
  40. Mausam

I think that it would be too dangerous for them to be kept in New York so they should stay in Guantanamo Bay for being proud to kill.

November 16, 2009 at 12:42 pm |
  41. Trisha

Actually, I think that we should see there part of the story in the trial, but because they're terrorists they can hurt anyone at anytime so there should be a high level of security during the trial. I think we should find out about why they did this and how they feel about this.

November 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  42. austin>...

i think they should go to Guantanomo bay and if not they should be sentenced to death by leathal injection.

November 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  43. christinaaaaaa

I think that the terrorists still want to kill us and that they should stay in guantonomo bay for life. If we let them go now, they will just come back and hurt us.

November 16, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  44. Olivia

I think they shoud be at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba in case they escape. If they are in New York many people will be hurt and it will bring back memories of what happened that day.

November 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  45. austin>...

They should be put in Alcatraz for life.

November 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  46. kayla

I think they should be heald as war prisoners because they did something very bad to our country and should not have the rights that we do becuase there not americans. Also becuase they killed so many people and are proud of it! messed up stuff.

November 16, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  47. Noah

I think that they should be tried in the millitary trial if they had killed all of the citizens that did nothing wrong.

November 16, 2009 at 12:46 pm |
  48. christian

I think they shouldn't give them a fair trail. They killed alot of people and they never got a free choice to die or not to die.

November 16, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  49. meghannnn!(:

okay i think that it's stupid that they even have to think about letting them have a trial. i know its fair and stuff but, they killed ALOT of people!!!!!!!!!!!!! just send them to prison already, nobody wants them here to kill more people!!!!

November 16, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  50. Eliza

I don't think that they should be allowed to anter New York becuase they could be a threat to society and New York.I also think this becuase families who lost their children and wives, husband, aunts, uncles and so on, they have to witness the murders stating that they are glad they killed americans.

November 16, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  51. Connor !!!!

They are the worst people in the world! I feel very sick thinking about how they are proud to kill thousands of people! They should not get a fair trial or a attorney! Send them back to Gauntanomo!

November 16, 2009 at 12:48 pm |
  52. sydney !!!!!:D

yes i think they should be in a military trial because what if they escape they will go and harm other people and make a second attemp to kill more people they already killed 2752

November 16, 2009 at 12:50 pm |
  53. ERICA!!

THINK IT SHOULD BE HELD IN NEW YORK BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE IT HAPPEN AND IT WOULD BE FOLLOWING OUR CONSTUTUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 16, 2009 at 12:51 pm |
  54. Kinsey

I think that they should be brought to New York for trial because they killed many perople and knocked down some of the most important buldings.

November 16, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  55. randy

i think they should do that

November 16, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  56. Garett

I think that they should go to trail in Cuba so the jury will be fair.

November 16, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  57. Daniel

The terrorist from the 9/11 trials should be tried in a military court cause having it in a civilian court with cause to many problems and they should be tried more intensely for the crime they all committed and the only way to do so is through the military court system.

November 16, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  58. Billy

I don’t think it matters where they are tried just as long they get tried for their actions. I do believe though that they should have gone to trail years ago. Each one of them deserves they death penalty for their actions and should be killed right away.

November 16, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  59. chris

I think that they should be in the military court because they aren’t a citizen of the United States they are terrorist from a different country they shouldn’t have the same rights as we do in America

November 16, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  60. Erik

The five terrorists should be tried in a military court instead of a civilian court because none of them are US citizens and the crime they committed was a war crime. Non citizens that commit war crimes should not deserve the same trial as a US citizen

November 16, 2009 at 1:41 pm |
  61. Marvin

I think that they shouldn’t move the 9/11 terrorism in New York cites because it would bring back horrible memory to those people who were affected during the 9/11 attack and it would create chaos.

November 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  62. Rosey

I think that the terroists should be put in military trial for the crime that they commited was a extreme attack to the United States and they need to repent for what they did, and they are not even american citizens.

November 16, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  63. dylan

I think that they should not hold the trials in NY where they bombed the twin towers building, I think they should also be tried in military court so they have the least amount of rights for doing something like that. Why would you give terrorists more rights?

November 16, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  64. Shnizle

I think that the terrorists shouldn't have been brought back. It is just a rememory of the tragic accident.

November 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  65. nikita

dont talk about n/11 thats a sad story

November 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  66. NICK

The 5 suspects should be brought to military trial, because I don’t think that they should be given more rights of freedom. We need to get to the bottom of this, and if it comes to being sympathetic towards potential terrorists, then I don’t know what our country is coming to. Facts are facts, and the suspects need to be given few rights for the disaster that they potentially planned.

November 16, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  67. KYLE:

The terrorist should go thru the same trail as any other murderer because in are country we do the right thing we do what needs to be done and the American people need to see the trail and be shown with evidence that there is no doubt that these are the 9/11 terrorist. This would help mend the wounds of the victim’s families rather than just being irrational and treat them the way they would treat us and lower ourselves to there level.

November 16, 2009 at 1:45 pm |
  68. Gus

I think that the terrorist should be having a military trial. Its not right for them to be getting a trial under the U.S. Constitution because the men who did the terrorist acts are not U.S. Citizens.

November 16, 2009 at 1:47 pm |
  69. souki

I think they should have to go to cuba that way when there sentece is done ,if it is done, they won't seek refenge.

November 16, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  70. hank

I think that if they are kept with gaurds all around them in New York that it will be fine.

November 16, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  71. chardoany

that is so sad

November 16, 2009 at 3:10 pm |
  72. Jacob

They are terrorists and should be trialed like other terrorists in a military court. I know what they are trying to do with having the trial in New York, but they are terrorists!

November 16, 2009 at 3:12 pm |
  73. Kory

i don't think they should come to america but I think they sould go to the military trial because it would be a good thing to me.

November 16, 2009 at 3:15 pm |
  74. Shaun

I think it should be in Guantanamo Bay becuase that way they can not escape and also this is not part of the United States its a territorey that is beging leased and that always them to brake the amendment and that way there can't be any courrupet jury members.

November 16, 2009 at 3:18 pm |
  75. abrahim

I believe that they should be tried in American Courts, since the crime was committed on American soil. I would be afraid in their own country they may get off and seen as a hero. That would be unfair to the American families, that lost love one it the 911 attacks.

November 16, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  76. Blaze

Well, I think they should be severely punished for what they done.They caused grief to everyone in the U.S. Not to mention the lives lost trying to protect us.But I agree with Brandon, the farther away from America they are the better.

November 16, 2009 at 6:32 pm |
  77. Nicole

Bringing them to America shows that we are giving them a fair trial. It may be difficult for victims and their families, but its important to give them the same justice that is given to everyone.

November 16, 2009 at 6:52 pm |
  78. Sara

I believe that they should be tried in a military court. They are not U.S. citizens and should not be entitled to the same privileges. They don't even care about the United States or our laws, and they would still be given a fair trial if it was a military one. Also, It would be the best decision because of the resurgence of pain that bringing them to NYC would cause all of the families affected by the 9/11 attacks. Who knows what could happen if these smart and violent terriosts get in a plane and fly to NYC! I don't really want to find out.

November 16, 2009 at 7:22 pm |
  79. Ben

I think that they should be tried by Americans in a military court. The trial could take place where they would not put other Americans in danger. They need to be brought to trial because they chose to do something that caused many people to die. There needs to be some kind of closure for the families of those who died on 9/11 – and the only way that this can happen is for a trial to be held and these people to be accountable for their choices and decisions.

November 16, 2009 at 7:43 pm |
  80. Jacob

These men should be given a military trial. This decision to hold the trial in NYC is going to bring much grief and sad feelings to many of those whose family, friends, or both died during the tragic murdering of thousands of American lives. Likewise, it would be safer and less expensive if they held a military trial. People are upset and angry, meaning someone might attempt to murder of these terrorists. I am not so concerned of the terrorists getting killed as I am of innocent people getting hurt.

November 16, 2009 at 8:15 pm |
  81. tony

OK so they killed 2752 people i think that is enough to make them go too military trial court. and they are not U.S citizens so they dont have all the rights that we do. i know we want to show the world that we belive in fiar trail and stuff. but come on they killed over 2000 people. ok look at it in law stuff they are guilty of 1 st dergree murder cuz-- it was deliberate,premeditatedand with malice a forethought.( the inent to kill) even tho they hired people to do it. that can be 20 yers to life.

November 16, 2009 at 8:21 pm |
  82. Ashlyn

As an american citizen i believe that they should be given a fair trial because they are humans just like the rest of us. If we deny one person their rights based on their citizenship then who are we to call Their country out for what they do to our soilders? I say give them a fair and just trial.

November 16, 2009 at 8:28 pm |
  83. Ash

I understand that what they did was horrible, but dose that make them any less of a human? All humans deserve equal rights and privliges!

November 16, 2009 at 8:31 pm |
  84. Jonathan

Off to Military court is what I say, there is no need to spend millions of dollars on security. Also seeing the place in the distance of where they have caused chaos would make them feel even more proud of what they've done. I say that for the loss of so many lives that they should receive long sentences, maybe even the death penalty.

November 16, 2009 at 9:18 pm |
  85. Miranda

It should really be a military trial because they killed alot of people so why should they get an alright treatment for that. Besides nobody is really going to be on their side. I also think that it should be close but not to close to where the twin towers were because that will just remind some people of the brae people that died on 9/11.

November 16, 2009 at 9:28 pm |
  86. Kreven

The wounds from 9/11 run deep and by bringing these suspects back to New York City, it would re-open some of these harsh wounds that they caused in the first place. The war criminals would be given an unfair trial because of this upheaval of old battle scars that still linger in our minds.

November 16, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  87. Jerry

i think that the hair cuts should be fine about what kids do with there hair and if your does a homecoming then why isn't ahe aloud with his hair cut the way it is. But it is his hair and he ihas the freedom of expression on what team he likes and i think the school shouldn't punish him for is hair

November 17, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  88. bigz

give them a death law. They do bad, they get bad

November 17, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  89. Minji

I think the suspect should be judge in military court. He should be treated as a war criminal because he killed numerous people by using military ways. As the mayor of New York said, it will also cause a lot of money to move him for security. If the judgement is conducted in New York, there can be turmoil since there are lots of people related to victims and victims themselves.

November 17, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  90. Joongoo

Terrorist suspects should be brought to a military trial.
    Although 9.11 terror happened in U.S.A. and it is relevant to American people, they are terrorist! So more important thing is that they should have penalty. But I think this is not to deny the right of one person. We can guarantee their rights although it is a military trial. I only insist that because they are not simple suspects, they should be brought to somewhere special.

November 18, 2009 at 6:38 am |
  91. Janet

The suspects should NOT get a trial because they are not protected by the Constitution. They should be killed like the thousands of people who they killed when 9/11 happened.

November 18, 2009 at 7:19 pm |
  92. Min

I think they should be tried in city. This is because they should recogize what they did in this city.

November 18, 2009 at 8:11 pm |
  93. Haley :)

I don't think that they should bring 9/11 suspects into a military trial. There are people that suffered threw this huge crisis! There is wounds that are deep and that are very hard heel. If they bring in this suspects into a trial. The wounds open again and start a big war against the victims!

November 18, 2009 at 8:24 pm |
  94. cameron

i think they should already have their trials and stop waiting. 9/11 is getting carry away sometimes you will not know it is true and they keep blaming the muslims not all muslims are terrrotist

November 18, 2009 at 9:47 pm |
  95. Sally

HOLD ON!!!!!! Anybody whoi thinks they should get a fair trial are messed up. First all they aren't citizens and second of all they killed thousands of people. They are trash and should be killed immediately. They don't even deserve a trial. If they admitted to doing it and they say they are proud of it we should make them sorry for causing so much pain in America.

November 18, 2009 at 10:50 pm |
  96. Tyler

I say they should get a fair trial but they have to go through the military courts since they were attacking a United States monument. The terrorist were also not U.S. citizens so they shouldn't be able to use our citizen courts or our supreme courts unless necessary.

November 19, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  97. Alyce

It was wrong and Al-Qaeda knows it. They should get tried like US Citizens they knocked down the Twin Towers and it wasn't on accident. Takeing them back to New York would break hearts again. Although some people and families would be able to bear it others won't. Also wheather they can bear it or not bringing them back and trying them will make them happy that will not bring bck the lives taken in 9/11.
    The surviving victims, the loved ones of the ones lost and I think that they should have been tried a long time ago. Like at least a couple of years after it happened not 8 years.

November 19, 2009 at 6:19 pm |
  98. Doug

I think they should be executed on the spot. Sounds harsh...but they killed over 2000 Americans on our own soil...

November 19, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  99. Josh

I think they should be tried and jailed in New York and put on 23-24 hour lockdown. I am also thinking that they should deserve the death penalty.

November 20, 2009 at 1:25 pm |
  100. shanika

agree executed on spot or let them suffer...don't get soft on us now this is what they deserver..but bout time they do something about this. they killed over 2000 people we need this. hit them were is HURTS......................

November 20, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  101. Claire

Any trial is fine with me. As long as they are tried. I believe that they deserve to be punished if they commited any such crime as terrorism. My uncle died on Sept. 11 in the World Trade Center and i think they need to face the consequences, no matter how rash.

November 21, 2009 at 12:37 am |
  102. lindsay

they shouldve been tried back in 2001 when the crime was commited ! not now .

November 21, 2009 at 1:17 am |
  103. Ahreum

In my opinion, the terrorists should be tried in a New York civilian court. Because, even though they caused military problem, lots of citizens are center of damages. They should be punished by citizens.

November 21, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  104. HeaWon

I think terrorist suspects should be under military trial. As someone said, bringing suspects to New York just wears and tears money for security. On the way of escorting suspects to New York civilian court, lots of people will crowded. And there is no knowing what some of them will try to do to pay back to prisoners who had killed their loved one. Civilian court would cause another violence and confusion.

November 22, 2009 at 2:48 am |
  105. KiHyun

I think that they should be tried in a military court. Because terrorists killed many people in New York, terrorists can be in danger by victim's relavant or family. in addition, They are not U.S citizens. They only are terrorists.

November 22, 2009 at 9:58 am |
  106. Ahreum

I think terrorist should be tried at in a New York civilian court. Because, even though they cause military problems, lots of citizen were center of damages. So, they should be punished by citizens.

November 22, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  107. Paris

I think they should have automatically gave them the death penalty. They say in a America that that's not the way we do it here and it would be a harsh death. But, it was a harsh way for all those people on the plane to die. Do you think they care, no, they don't.

November 22, 2009 at 3:33 pm |
  108. Jedd

I hear that the people that did it was bacause that their religigion says that the more people thay kill, the more people will honor.

November 23, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  109. Joo

In my opinion, although they could commit terrorism, they are just suspect. I think they have to be respected. It can protect real suspects who are not real terrorist.

November 23, 2009 at 12:56 pm |
  110. Evan

I think it it is the right thing to do. It follows the consitution and makes us seeem better i other countries eyes. Those who are aganst should shut up!!!!

November 23, 2009 at 2:33 pm |
  111. Carson

Personally, I think if the suspected terrorists are under heavy guard, it shouldn't matter where they hold the trial. It doesn't matter if they are in the United States or in China, they are still going to have a trial and its going to be the same as it would be anywhere else.

November 23, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  112. Hyung

If they did terror they should be in military trial, but they're only suspects. I think they should be brought to America

November 24, 2009 at 4:31 am |
  113. Marshall

In my personal opinion, I do not think that the alleged terrorists should be tried in civilion court. They are tied to the biggest attack on American soil in our life-time! They are not civilions, they are strangers on our soil. The fact that their court is in New York City, just blocks away from where the World Trade Centers' used to stand, is just disgraceful. I think that it would me more appropriate for them to be tried in Guatonamo Bay, Cuba. A military court seems more fitting for the crime they are connected to!

November 24, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  114. Kaeleigh

I believe that they should have a military trial. Even if they are just suspected terrorists, they should not be allowed on American soil. They killed (supposedly) a ton of American citizens. What right do they have to ask for the same treatment as Americans? If found not guilty, whatever, but if they are found guilty they ought to be shot then and there.

November 25, 2009 at 6:51 pm |
  115. Kayla

NO i do not think that those people should be coming back to the area that they once destroyed,because those people were already on trail and they confessed that they crashed the planes in to the world trade center in New York City. So these people should not be given a second chance. They deserve to be sentence to death for all the deaths and injuries they cause all of New York.And also these people could get less sentences and thats not fair to eery thing they caused.Those people are extremely horrible people,so they need to be sentence to a painful death instead of getting a second chance from the court.

November 26, 2009 at 3:10 pm |
  116. Travis

The fact that these people are receiving a civilian trial is an affront to the whole of the United States. They are not citizens of the United States, as such, they deserve no rights afforded to the American people. The fact that they have committed such heinous acts against us alone should have warranted a swift and fitting punishment in a military court as their actions are war crimes and have contributed to the occupation in the Middle East.

November 26, 2009 at 9:46 pm |
  117. Terrina

The terroists should be up to both because the terroists destroyed a monument that is remember the soldiers that fought in the war and died.And the U.S. because it was a monument that was really important to them.People who have husbands that went to war and died or family members;its important to them too.

November 30, 2009 at 6:55 pm |
  118. Jimson

I think that the terrioists trial should be under the militray then under the U.S Constitution because what if the same situation happens again in New York. If that would happen in under the militray the wolud be able to take care of it.The U.S. Constitution might not be ready to take care of the situation

December 2, 2009 at 11:35 am |
  119. Dhiren

In my opinion if they hold the trial near the 9/11 site than the trial would be biased because New York had the most impact since most relatives of the 9/11 victims lived in New York. I also think that this should be a military trial because crashing a fully loaded plane into two of the largest buildings is an act of terrorism so they are also attacking the country.

December 2, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  120. Savanna

September 11th is my birthday and i was watching it on tv during my 4th birthday....... I think they should go back to New York.

December 3, 2009 at 7:46 am |
  121. lexus

i think that they should be trailed where the did the damage at so they can see how much detrustion they really did.

December 3, 2009 at 8:47 am |
  122. elimar

they should go to military trial because if they do escape they would have they wont hurt any part of the USA and also i know how hard it is for the people that actually did lose someone in that day and then seeeing the person that killed them in court.

December 3, 2009 at 9:52 am |
  123. Louis

It may American to give them a civilian trial, but these guys are responsible for mass killing in the "name of Allah". There has got to be enough evidence if they're getting a trial. I say we give 'em military court and execute them.

December 3, 2009 at 9:23 pm |
  124. Breanna

Why would you want be bring the terrorists back to where they terorized??, so they can do it again????

December 4, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  125. Jamie

I feel that the troops should be brought back to American soil. The attack was taken place in America. The terrorist should be trialed under the U.S Constitution. Bringing these terrorist may cause grief for some, but I feel an American trial will punish the terrorist worse. I do believe that by bringing terrorist into America security should be doubled.

December 8, 2009 at 1:23 pm |
  126. ryan

Why do most cities think musical education is pointless? It's been proven students that play instruments get into better colleges.

December 9, 2009 at 11:30 am |