.
November 8th, 2009

Your Salute to Veterans

Veterans Day is this Wednesday, and I'd like to include some of your words in our special report.  It's okay if you don't personally know someone who's served in the U.S. Armed Forces.  We'd just like to hear what you'd say to thank America's veterans for their service, regardless of when or where they served.

Please tell us here, and then be sure to watch on November 11 to see if your comment appears on CNN Student News!

Filed under: Feedback
  1. nancy

I think its REALLY good what Veterans have and still do for us!! my granddad was in the army.And im joining the marians when i trun 18. so i really get wut there doing out there for us.And i hope every one else out there dose too!

November 8, 2009 at 4:40 pm |
  2. Brittney

I just wanted to say thanks because I have friends and family that are fighting for our freedom. But you never realize what our troops are doing for this counrt until you are the one fighting for our freedom! So THANK YOU & you are in my prayers!

November 8, 2009 at 6:00 pm |
  3. brianna

me and all of my friends are here to help veterans my uncle died in the army

November 8, 2009 at 9:21 pm |
  4. Josh

I would like to give a shout out to my dad, he is in the Air Force. Earlier this year, he was deployed to Afganistan, Thankfully, none of his deployments were combat missions, for which I am extremely greatful, Thank You all for recognizing our nations heros.

November 8, 2009 at 9:51 pm |
  5. julio

Thanks to all our veterans we have a safe and secure country.This coutry should allways give thanks to our veterans

November 8, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  6. Armand

I would like to salute my family friend Josh, he has done many amazing deeds for our country. Thank you for everything, Josh!

November 8, 2009 at 11:14 pm |
  7. Minci

I would like to give a shout out to my friend Armand. He has been a veteran for many years and I feel he deserves the appreciation. So here it is Armand! Thank you mr. Amazing. You are the best person ever!

November 8, 2009 at 11:15 pm |
  8. Niki

Hey, i just want to thank you for fighting for our lives each day while your in the war and we are here sitting at home, so we have a speacial holiday for you guys, just to thank you for all your hard work! so keep on fighting for us, and working hard. And remeber never give up!!!

November 8, 2009 at 11:23 pm |
  9. Soo Bin

Hello I'm a South Korea student and I'm not good at English
    but I enjoy to watch CNN Student News everyday.
    I think It will be a hard time to soldiers to sacrifice for homeland.
    South and North Korea fought for a long time, and many people died.
    I'm so sad to share Korea to two. However wars are so dangerous to every one, and need to die many people .
    We have to think about their achievements and thanks to them.
    (Sorry, sorry Carl Azuz, ㅠㅠ☜This mark means for cry, I'M NOT
    GOOD AT ENGLISH!.)

November 9, 2009 at 4:14 am |
  10. kristen

dear veterans, thank you for all you done

November 9, 2009 at 7:35 am |
  11. Ross

I would like to thank each and every veteran out there, whether they be in Afghanistan, here in the U.S., or even retired. Veterans are standing up for our country and are willing to do anything for it. Thank you veterans.

November 9, 2009 at 7:48 am |
  12. chick8

just to let you knoe that seems really cool that we have a certian day just for them

November 9, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  13. Hermilo

I think that veterans need more respect than we give them. Without them we probably wouldn't be in the USA

November 9, 2009 at 8:46 am |
  14. Shemar

I have family members and very close family that I would like to thanks because they have left our country when they didn't have to to fight in war and fight for the rights of U.S. citizens. There aren't many citizens that have the heart to do that these days and I personallt appreciate it.

November 9, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  15. Gregory

I think Veterans Day is celebrated to make up for the times that the U.S army fought for our country and died. Because there are a lot of cases were the people who fight in war are traumatize by what they saw. And there mentally or physical challenge because what they have did .I think every country should have a Veterans Day for there army did for them.

November 9, 2009 at 9:03 am |
  16. Harley

Dear veterans, We thank you for giving your lives for me and my country.

November 9, 2009 at 10:24 am |
  17. Morgan

Dear Veteran,
    I really appreciate your service and for keeping me free. I never realized how important veterans were until my teacher talked to my class about them. I really want to thank you for keeping our country free and for keeping our people safe. So thank you very much!!!!

November 9, 2009 at 10:32 am |
  18. Savannah

Daer Veteran,
    I really appreciate your service for fighting for our country and its people. My dad fought for our country to. I wrote this to appreciate you .Thank you so much.

November 9, 2009 at 10:41 am |
  19. alexzandra

Dear, veterans Thank you for all you have done for me and all my family. I realy hope that every one can see what all of yall have done for us. I realy feel like yall have made a big difrence to every person in are comunity. I realy love wut yall have been doing. Wen ever i think of veterans it makes me think of what my dad has done and wut yall have done for us. I realy thank every one who has served already or if ur fiting for us now. I thank you all for serving.

November 9, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  20. Erin

I want to shout out both of my brave grandfathers: August who served in the Army and Glenn who served in the Navy! They are my heroes as are all others who serve every day, putting their lives on the line. Here's the peace!

November 9, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  21. Shelby

Good Job, Joe!

November 9, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  22. Matthew

One of the friends of our family, Sandy, is serving right now for the Navy over seas. Right now, the base is on lockdown due to "foul play" by some of the soldiers. We are all cheering her on here at home.

November 9, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  23. Lashay

I would like to thank all the veterans for fighting for our country and their rights. I apreciate everything you do . especially putting your life on the line for me. I wish you good health and plenty love and support.

November 9, 2009 at 11:39 am |
  24. Nicky

I wish to shout out to my great uncle who is serving right now over seas, and everyonr else who is serving with him. I hope you get to come home soon because i miss you. I hope you are safe. I love and miss you!
    Nicky

November 9, 2009 at 11:42 am |
  25. brandon

Today i woke up brushed my teeth got a picture of my great grandpa and siad im proud to be an american.I want to thank anyone who had some kind of offiliation with the war and im sorry for anyones loss and never give up hold on to your dreams one day the whole world will be free.The United States of America is the best country to live in.

November 9, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  26. Angelica

I would like to give thanks to all Veterans. Also I would like to let all Veterans that I a grateful for all you have done,for risking your lifes for your family and for your country,and finally I would like to tell all Veterans that today is you day and to take advantage of that!!!
    Happy Veterans Day!!!:)

November 9, 2009 at 11:46 am |
  27. carson

thanks 4 the safety dawgs

November 9, 2009 at 11:46 am |
  28. jakob

thanks for freedom

November 9, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  29. tristan

thanks for all you do for me and our country!

November 9, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  30. Sidney

Mr. Shurtleff,
    You have lots of courage. You are a hero to everyone. I am proud to say i know you. You have touched so many lives.
    -Sidney

November 9, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  31. jakob

thanks for protecting every body

November 9, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  32. ivette

I want to say thank-you for saving our country.I really admire you for leaving your family here and go to the war.I dont know what it's like to have a family member in the army because nobody in my family is in it.But if they were, i would thank them the say way.

November 9, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  33. alyssa

Mr. Shurtileff
    He is one of out teachers. He is a very courageous strong veteran I have ever known.

November 9, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  34. Wesley

thank you for your support and be safe and save our country thank you

November 9, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  35. brittany

you are the best helpers that keep us safe when. you fasting for your life and show hat you are strong.

November 9, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  36. Hunter

I would say thank you for your tremendous sacrifice for this country and our safety, no words can correctly comprehend the gratitude i feel for what you have done for not only me, but all of us, the citizens of the USA.

November 9, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  37. Bryan

thank you for keeping our country safe you are very brave people and when i grow up i want to be just like you

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  38. Thomas

hi my name is thomas I'm glad for that you are fighting for are freedom my dad's been there, and trained the Afgan National Police, and Afgan National Army thankyou for all you have down.

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  39. Amanda

Dear all Veterans

Thankyou! Because of you, America is safe. I can't even imagine what you have been through... but I know it's hard to act normal and calm... when you have those memories puncturing your every thoughts. All I really want to say is... you're my hero.

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  40. Zachary

I would like to thank the veterans for there courage and for everything they did to keep protect our country!

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  41. Gabby

Mr. Shurtleff
    You are the bravest veteran i know and i am proud to say i've known you.

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  42. andreya

i am very appreciative about what you guys do for America.
    my uncle is in the army and i miss him a lot. its hard to live with out him because he used to come over to our house all the time and we would hang out and have a lot of fun.

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  43. rebecca

the men are brave to go out there and go out and fight to keep people safe in america. my big bro. he is out there and the rest of the men in my family. i care about the men in my family i hope they will be safe and i miss my best friend thats going to go out there. and i will miss my brother. good luck

November 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  44. kristina

to all soliders past present and future you risk your life everyday to protect us here in the united states for that i thank you. I thank all of you soliders out there past present and future
    this holiday is for you

November 9, 2009 at 11:50 am |
  45. Johnna

Dear veterans,
    thanks for the time you've taken away from your homes and families to serve out country. you guys are brave and amazing:]

November 9, 2009 at 11:50 am |
  46. Maria

I would like to wish my big brother a Happy-Veterans Day. i am so proud of everything you have done for our country . Also i would like to thank all the other veterans who have risked their live to save our country.
    Thank you so much ,
    Maria

November 9, 2009 at 11:51 am |
  47. Tyler

My Cousin Jake is in boot camp right now and we write letters back and forth and he told me right when he got there he had to march 3 miles with 50 lbs on his back to the barracks. Thats pretty harsh, thats why i want to thank all the Veterans that serve our country for their hard work.

November 9, 2009 at 11:51 am |
  48. Joey

My Great-grandfather, my grand father, and my father were and are in the mitiray. my great-grandpa served in WWII, my grandpa served on an air craft carrier in Vietnam. My dad is a reservist for the navy now. For them and everyone in the military I say thank you. Thank you for serving, thank you for protection, and most of thank you to those who have given a lot more than thier time like limbs or even more like their lives,

November 9, 2009 at 11:51 am |
  49. Catrina

I would like to say thank you all veterans that fouhgt for all of our lives. I also thank you for the risk that you look for your life.

November 9, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  50. Kayla

I would like to thank all my family member's.. But not just them, but all the Veteran's. They had to risk there life's and leave behind oh-so many loved one's.. And I know that was hard for them- To do all that and not even know the people in the Country there fighting for.
    Im proud to be an America and Im proud to say to be able to say that! I wake up every morning and look out my window at the beautiful Country I live in.. And it's all thank's to you guy's..
    Thank you, I love you, and I owe oh-so much to you guy's! =]

November 9, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  51. BEN

thank you veterans GO USA

November 9, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  52. Erica

Mr. Shurtleff was in Vietnam and know he is a teacher and living a normal life I don't know what this school would be like without him.

Mr. Matheson is another person you don't know what life would be like without him. He works for the city and likes to tease my mom in front of me so i makes me laugh. he makes me smile everyday that I see him.

Mr. Shurtleff and Mr.Matheson ROCK!!!

November 9, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  53. Heather

To all of the veterans i would like to say thank you for all that you did and we are all very thankful for what you did, becase we wouldn't be where we are now tody if it wasn't for you guys! We all REALLY appreciate what you guys did and that you were brave enough to risk your lives for all of us. Even though we may not deserve what you did for us we are really thankful and appreciative.
    *THANKS*

November 9, 2009 at 11:53 am |
  54. Amy

Im happy for them, we need a day off

November 9, 2009 at 11:53 am |
  55. Laura

My name is Laura. I am a member of the civil air patrol which is an Air force based program for kids from age 12 to 18. Being in this program I have been able to recognize the great things the veterans have done for us. One thing I am going to do to salute the veterans is the place a wreath on every veterans grave in my hometown. This is a thank you to all the veterans wherever they may be, in heaven, or still alive to this day. God bless you all.

November 9, 2009 at 11:53 am |
  56. Tyler

Thank you for saving our country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks A Lot

November 9, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  57. Garett

Mr. Shurtleff is an English Teacher and was in the Vietnam War. He doesn't talk about it much anymore but we all know that he was brave, strong, and a very courageous soldier. He is very happy and lives his life to the fullest. He is very funny and a great teacher.

My uncle Lane was in the Iraq war flying the Black Hawk Helicopter. He has been over there many times flying it. He is very kind and a great man.

November 9, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  58. Jeremy

Thank You GO USA

November 9, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  59. Justin

Thank you very much for saving our lives from all the bad bad terrorist or people that tryed to destory or take over our country

November 9, 2009 at 11:55 am |
  60. Jacob

Thank you veterans for averything you have done for our country.
    Every one in the country would thank you if they had the chance to.
    I am very thankful of all you have done.

November 9, 2009 at 11:55 am |
  61. Vanessa

I just want to say thank you to all of the veterans who are or have served for this country. I understand the risk that was taken and i greatly appreciate it. So once again thank you.

November 9, 2009 at 11:55 am |
  62. howard

my dad was in the army then he took a break to have me

November 9, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  63. Heather

Hi guys.
    i would just like to say thank you for what you did!
    THE END!

November 9, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  64. Gage

Thank you for serving for our country.
    Thanks for saving us from the bad people.

November 9, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  65. Renee

Well i think that Veteran's Day a good day, in fact a great day! My auntie Sherrie is fighting in the war, and i couldn't be happier for her. She is a fighter, she protects her family, her home, and her friends. she's fighting for her life each and everyday with no regrets and i think that she deserves to be appreciated... 🙂

November 9, 2009 at 11:57 am |
  66. Gregory

I would like to thank all of the veterans for all they've done. To be able to thank them for what they've done gives hope that they'll go farther.
    Thank you

November 9, 2009 at 11:57 am |
  67. Eunice

Dear, Veterans
    To all those people who put thier lifes on the line every time they go out to war. I give you thanks for all your courage and your great sterangth to face death right in the face and be able to go on. I hope you the best and wish you a great prosperous life.

November 9, 2009 at 11:59 am |
  68. Sara

I would like to thank you guys so much for helping keep this country free. Thankyou for keeping us safe and thankyou for putting your lives on the line for this country. You didn't have to but you did and I'm very thankful for that.

November 9, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  69. Jessica

Veterans....

November 9, 2009 at 12:05 pm |
  70. Carolyn

My grandad is 92 and was in WW2. I would like to thank him all the veterans and and soldiers in the middle east for putting your lives at stake for others' freedom. I honor you very much!

November 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  71. Ra ' Jean

Thank god for soliders they help us with life and protect us from evil creatures and explosives.

November 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  72. Jared

Thank-you vary much veterans for fighting in the war you served in you all risked all your lives i have a friend whos mom is in the war
    and saw the what happened at FORT HOOD and almost got shot
    again thank-you vary much veterans.

November 9, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  73. brandon

thank you for all your help we would of gone no where in life if it was not for you. thank you for putting your life on the line for a country full of people that you dont know.

November 9, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  74. Vanessa

To all the veterans that served in the past and presant you have protected the United States and it's citizens for years. Risked your life, for other lives, and many other things. So i thank you dearly for protecting our lives....

November 9, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  75. Shelly

I thank all of the veterans that have served our country to go into war. To put their lives on the line to serve us and I appreciate all of them for what they've done! I say happy Veteran's Day to my grandfather for serving in the Vetinam War and to all peoples family members for all they have done!!!! Thank You!

November 9, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  76. nick

my grandfather was in world war 2 in 1949 and now has passed for one year this month and my cousin named Andy has now served two terms in Iraq. i think that the cause for the wars fought is a good purpse but is think that the war has gone on to long and to many young lives have been lost for the cause. i would like to thank the brave men and women who have risked their lives for the cause of the wars and freedom.

November 9, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  77. Heather

I thank all the veterans for their hard work in keeping our country safe even if it risked the lives of many loved ones. We honor,support and respect you.

November 9, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  78. Ayendi

dear veteran,
    I really appreciate you guys courage for going in the war and fighting for our country. It is the bravest thing anyone could ever do and I thank every single veteran for it! A soldiers commitment to this country is unforgetable and will always be remebered!

November 9, 2009 at 12:11 pm |
  79. Ms. Friedman's Class

Thank you for your service! and fighting for our country. We are so proud of you!

Ms. Friedman's class

November 9, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  80. Anthony

Our heroes of The United States of America,are the brave souls that keep are country safe and free.My father is in the army and I know that what he does is a necessary price for our country's freedom.From the revolutionary war to present day.
    Sincerely,Anthony

November 9, 2009 at 12:18 pm |
  81. jawan

the veterans save us.

November 9, 2009 at 12:21 pm |
  82. Nikita

My dad is a veteran. I'm lucky because my birthday is on a day that my dad celebrates.

November 9, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  83. alexis

i just want to say thank you to all the veterans for helping are country and caring about us im glad to live in country were i know im safe because of the veterans thanks again for all your doing ♥

November 9, 2009 at 12:54 pm |
  84. V's 7th Social Studies

This is a Thank you for Mr.V's 7th Social Studies class. Below is a list of the thanks the students would like to communicate to our Veterans.
    Thank you so much for everything you do.
    Thank you for preventing the spread of ruthless dictatorships,
    Thank you for protecting our country and the people who live here,
    We really appreciate all that you have done for us,
    We will remember the lives lost in the protection of our country,
    Thank you for your sacrofices,
    Thank you for all the lives you have saved,
    Although some have fallen, you have lifted our spirits at home,
    We will not forget what you have done for us or our country.

The courage and valour your are and have shown on the battle field has preserved our principals and our American Freedom. Thank you.

November 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm |
  85. Samantha

I want to thank my moms friend's son and alos any other veterans out there.

November 9, 2009 at 1:23 pm |
  86. Josette

I wanted to thank all the veterans that have sacrificed their lives for our country.

November 9, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  87. Nancy

Thanks for your survice.....

November 9, 2009 at 1:26 pm |
  88. Allyson

Thank you Veterans for risking your life for America.I dont beleive in wars but Veterans still deserve alot of thanks.I have a great great grandfather (Michael) was in the World War 2(1940's),he was a perimedic in the navy.He suvived till the end of the war.He died shortly after from cancer.I was a baby and i dont remeber him but from what i heard he was and still is my hero.

November 9, 2009 at 1:27 pm |

I wanted to thank all the Veterans for sacrificing everything for our country. Veterans, I beleive, deserve alot more than just a "thank-you." I wanted to thank my Great grandfather (World war II) for all that he did for our country. He is a survivor from the War. Every Veteran out there deserves a Thank you!

November 9, 2009 at 1:28 pm |
  90. chris

i want to thank all of you guys who went out and served for us.Iam very grateful and i appreciate all you have done.my grandfather who is about fifty now was in the war back then and he is glade he did it .

November 9, 2009 at 1:28 pm |
  91. Kristy

I whould like to thank all the Veterans for all your hard work for protecting our nation ,and for sacrificing all your important needs just to save your people .I most appreciate it very much, and keep on doing your best for protecting our nation.

November 9, 2009 at 1:30 pm |
  92. Marion

hello all veterans i would like to thank every one of you for every thing that you have done for our freedom and im sorry for all the familys that has lost a family members but what im trying to say is my familys and friends really appreciate every thing you guys have done for us

THNAK YOU

November 9, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  93. Matthew

Thank you for all of the sacrifices you have made for our freedom and the freedom of others.

November 9, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  94. Zac

Thank you for your service. It means alot to me. The fact that you risk your life for our country is really meaningful to me. Some of my family members were in The Marines and The Army.

Sincerely....
    Thank You For Your Service!

November 9, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  95. Tyler

I would like to thank my mom and my grandpa for their service in the army. my mom was in the army and my grandpa was in the korean war. i know it was hard for them to sacrifice everything they love like their family or anything else they love. they were very brave and courage to serve. i would also like to thank anybody else who served in any branch,and people who are serving now.

November 9, 2009 at 1:36 pm |
  96. Steven

You fight. You go through pain. You protect us. You endure. You do all this to serve the country you love, and it's not an easy task. You veterans have sacrificed your life to fight the evil that poisons our country, and that is what I define as bravery. You stand up for what's right, but sometimes you lose your life in the process. Courage, rspect and honor. That is what you show when you fight to keep our long lasting freedom. for this, I salute you.

November 9, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  97. Brennan

I would like to thank my Grand Father who was in service. He was a brave man that helped change the U.S and the millions of lives in the war.

November 9, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  98. Will

I thank all veterans for all they have done and for giving us freedom I thank them for sacrificing there lives and there time.

November 9, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  99. Chakendra

Thank you all for fighting for freedom
    it means a lot. I hope you all stay warm and safe.
    I'll keep you all in my prayers.

p.s

More Peace,Love,and Happiness 🙂

November 9, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  100. alex

i want to say thanks to all the veterans and that i really appreciate all that you have been doing.

November 9, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  101. javier

thank you, for all your work i really appreciate all your succesful work

November 9, 2009 at 1:45 pm |
  102. Brandon

Thanks for all the hard work and keep up the good work. Also thanks for being good soldiers.

November 9, 2009 at 1:47 pm |
  103. Alexis

Hello.!
    I Would Like To THANK All The Men And Women That Have Served In Some Kind Of Service,Especially The Veterans.
    You Guys Have Done So Well Up Till Here It's Wonderful.
    Thanks You So Much For All The Things You Have been Threw And The Help You Brought Our Country For Freedom And The Way It Is Now..
    THANK YOU!!!

November 9, 2009 at 1:48 pm |
  104. Ebony

I thank them for havinq risk their lives everyday for America. I don't think people appreciate nor understand what they went throuqh on a daily basis for us - i thank them for their couraqe and determination.

November 9, 2009 at 2:21 pm |
  105. Robert

Thanks, you protect us and our country

November 9, 2009 at 2:38 pm |
  106. Harrison

I want to salute all the men and women that are and have severed in all the wars the have done grate things for us and some have even given there lives up for are country.also they are the people who keep us safe, so what move could we ask for than to just to salute them in honnor

November 9, 2009 at 2:47 pm |
  107. Noah

It's amazing that these people are VOLENTERING THEIR LIFE! for us when they are not required to do so. If that was me and when I sighned up and the guy said that you might die working her I would be scared.

November 9, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  108. Janasa

My mom and Uncle are part being a veteran. I want her to know that i love what she does . She will be going to afghanistan to fight real soon.

November 9, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  109. Drew

I think its realy brave of them to go and fight in the war.

November 9, 2009 at 2:58 pm |
  110. mathew

My thanks to the veterans:
    Thank you for serving for our country.

November 9, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  111. Maurice

Shout out to my grandpa Leroy he served in vietnam and germany. He is now blind but he's tha best.

November 9, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  112. Janis

I would like to thank all the Veterans that have done what they can to serve our country. It takes alot of brave and strong men to put our lives in their hands and die for us or possibly live. There are many of us that live in the countries that are fighting and may not realize what veterans have done to this world and our lives. If it wasnt for Veterans that we have then we would all possibly be dead because alot of us is scared to fight in wars and risk our lives. I know i am and thats why im thankful to have my four family members that past away last year that fought in different wars for for risking their lives for others they dont even know. THANK YOU VEERANS FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE!! 🙂

November 9, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  113. Mrs. DeJute

My 6th grade class would like to thank Colonel Walter for serving our country. We are very excited to hear his stories next week at the Great American Teach-in! We salute you!

November 9, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  114. justin

I would say thank you because they helped us fight in war and represents the US.

November 9, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  115. G

Dear Veterans, only you know the experience of serving, and by serving, you have impacted people’s lives. I want to say thank you- for all you’ve done and been through and for all you will continue to do. You are remembered.

November 9, 2009 at 5:15 pm |

I have a cousin he is in Afagan i would say thank you for everything he has done and what he will do in the future! I love him and give him good luck.
    Hannah

November 9, 2009 at 5:33 pm |
  117. Nick

I would say thank you because they helped our country by fighting for our lives and by protecting us.

November 9, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  118. girl

i just want to say thank you for every thing your doing out there. i love you all. even if i dont know you. i still have a great respect for all of you. i hope to join the marines when i trun 18. i just hope the war is over by that time. i also think they need to bring the people home thats already out there. thanks again for keeping us all safe.

November 9, 2009 at 6:24 pm |
  119. Hailey

Im just glad that we a have day to honor them for there great service to are country. And the people who died serving for us. My dad went to Iraq 2 years ago he was there for at least 1 year.

November 9, 2009 at 6:25 pm |
  120. Abbie

Hey,
    I Just wanted to thank all the men and women who have fought and died in our armed forces! Alot of grandparent where in the armed forces and one very close to me he is in the retired army and he works in fort. Jackson and is a very respected man,and he's the best he fought in the veitnam war. but sadly some of grandparents that were in the army have now passed away not of the war but of old age and i just want to thank all of you people out there right now fight and who have fought. Thank you

Love,
    Abbie

November 9, 2009 at 6:41 pm |
  121. Abbie

my grantparents is what i meant to say

November 9, 2009 at 6:43 pm |
  122. Felecia

I would like to say to all of our former veterns (which includes my own grandfather) and our current fighters.....Thank you for Keeping all of the us safe...We all appreciate it! ...Thank you! We will always love you! Thanks for serving for us!

November 9, 2009 at 6:48 pm |
  123. Samuel

I think that we should be thankful for our veterans because without them there would be no freedom and that means we would be under dictator ship

November 9, 2009 at 7:04 pm |
  124. Daedre

This is a poem i wrote to my Brother That is in the USA Army.

My hero is my brother Mike,
    He fights for our freedom,

When he isn’t awake,
    He thinks about others,
    His soldiers and us,
    Never himself,

He had a chance,
    To be something else,
    He chose the army over any,
    At the age of 21,

Risking his life for ours in Iraq,
    Leaving his family behind,
    for a year to Korea he went,

He came back,

Tears of joy and love,
    Filled our eyes that day...

No one will ever know,
    How proud my dad is,

His little boy grew into a soldier,
    Fighting for what is ours,

Some people take that for granted,
    Not us!

By: Mike’s little baby sister
    “I dedicate this to Mike, will always support my big brother Mike,
    He’s a hero!”

November 9, 2009 at 7:10 pm |
  125. Nicole

To all those that have served our country, those have risked thir life for us and those that lost their life to protect us, I SALUTE YOU AND I THANK YOU. Although it doesn't mean much, I would still want them to know how much I appreciate what they have done for us, so we can continue on living and have our freedoms. It can't be an easy decision to make, having to leave your friends and families knowing that there is a possibiblity you might not return... They are all very brave souls, true patriots and we owe them everything. For the families that have lost ther loved ones, I am sorry and my heart is with you. So, in the end all i can say is thank you for allowing me to live with my frieedoms. 🙂

November 9, 2009 at 7:35 pm |
  126. Utau

Even though I don;t personally know anyone is the armed forces, I still wish to say "Thank You" for all they have done in keeping out rights and freedom ever prevalent. You're defending the country for all of us and I greatly appriciate it!

~Utau~

November 9, 2009 at 7:41 pm |
  127. moaaz

dear all the veterans in the world

thank you all for risking your lives to make our world a better place.

November 9, 2009 at 7:42 pm |
  128. Alicia

To start off, Veterans Day will be a joyful and sad day for many. The meaning of this day is to reminisce and appreciate the fallen soldiers who have served in some way ; this is also for those who didnt make it alive. This day is made to recognize the true patriots that serve our country daily across the border. This is for the true heroes.

This is for the people who can truly and wholeheartdley say that they love their country enough to serve and protect it. I wuld like to give thanks to all the men and women who have sacrificed everything in order to serve and protect us. Not to many individuals are appreciative of how hard you all work and sacrifice. THANK U TO ALL THE TRUE HERO'S FROM YOUR VERY OWN FELLOW CITIZEN....GOD BLESS!!!!!!!!!!

November 9, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  129. MARLECA

Many people don't actually know the true meaning of veteran's day, However I take this time and moment to thymine all veterans for being brave and representing our country.Being a veterans is a huge title and it represents bravery for our country: the United States of America. Veterans take pride in there country and are willing to fight for there country. There are not a lot of people that will be put there life on the line for there country but because veterans are willing to do that they deserve all honor and respect.
    I have no relatives that are veterans but I still understand the severity and duty of a veteran.

November 9, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  130. Mike

I would like to thank my aunt and uncle who have been over there for a long time. I am very proud of them.

November 9, 2009 at 8:00 pm |
  131. sara

i dont know anyone thats has been in the war, but i would like to say thank you so much for fighting for us. All the Veterans are my......

HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 9, 2009 at 8:02 pm |
  132. MARLECA

Many people don't actually know the true meaning of veteran's day, however I take this time and moment to thank all veterans for being brave and representing our country. Being a veteran is a huge title and it represents bravery for our country: the United States of America. Veterans take pride in there country and are willing to fight for there country. There are not a lot of people that will be put there life on the line for there country but because veterans are willing to do that they deserve all honor and respect.
    I have no relatives that are veterans but I still understand the severity and duty of a veteran. Veterans symbolize a lot about our country and im pretty sure that all veterans should take pride in that. I would truly like to thank all veterans for the hard work and endurance they have put into this country.

November 9, 2009 at 8:08 pm |
  133. Spencer

Veterans Day might not have a ring to it but it is a day to salute. Veterans Day should be called No War Day and all over the world people support their troops that have protected their freedom.

November 9, 2009 at 8:11 pm |
  134. Noah

I would like to thank all of the brave men and women who fought for our freedom and if they didn't, then I wouldn't be the same, so thank you veterans for all of your good work for our great country!

November 9, 2009 at 8:13 pm |
  135. Deva

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Is what I say. I appreciate how much theses people do for us. They give up a lot of their lives to help America to freedom. On veterans day I will definitely think about these people, and how much they do for us. That I s what veterans day is all about and It has a great purpose. Thanks to all veterans, and solders!!!!!

November 9, 2009 at 8:18 pm |
  136. Goodyt

My name is Goodyt, I’m a ninth grader. Even though i was not born in the U.S i acknowledge the sacrifices Americans have done for us in the past. I know about the history of this country and understand more than many Americans in the U.S and i would like to say "Thank You" to all those veterans who have fought and are still fighting for our country. My hat is off to you for never giving up and giving us the rights we live by today. Thank you.

November 9, 2009 at 8:20 pm |
  137. mckenna

I want to thank all the soldiers that have been in the army because your risking your life for ours and my uncle and grandpa were in the war and told me stories about how scary and risky it was.

November 9, 2009 at 8:25 pm |
  138. Renna

I'd like to make a shout-out to my cousin Jared. He was at Fort Hood while the shooting occurred. Keep safe and thanks for all your hard work! 🙂

November 9, 2009 at 8:47 pm |
  139. Joshua

Thank you so much vetrens youve made our live awsome. You guys are how this countrys stay on its feet. Hope you guys have a wonderful life.

November 9, 2009 at 8:50 pm |
  140. Bella

I would like to salute my cousin that is out fighting for us right this second. I think what everyone that is or has been in our fighting forces are just absolutely amazing! They are defending us and our country, they risk their lives everyday for all of us. Its a blessing to have people fighting for us. I would like to thank everyone that has fought and or died for us. I send my overall thanks to all that are in our armed forces! Thanks for keeping us safe! (:

November 9, 2009 at 8:52 pm |
  141. Maya

The veterans are great enough to give up that idea that I am safe, and fight for people they don't even know, for the people in the war know and to the people that have faught in a war, I thank you from the bottom of my heart

November 9, 2009 at 8:54 pm |
  142. Adam

i want to give a shoutout to grandad he served in the navy in wwll ill always remember you and miss you grandad and thanks all you veterans without you who knows ware we would be.

November 9, 2009 at 8:56 pm |
  143. Morgan

To all the veterans out there, and all of the current service men and women, I just wanted to say thank you for everything. The sacrifice that you gave or give every day is something we should all be grateful for. I wanted to give a special shoutout to my grandfather Mac McDanel, who was a Navy Captain and served in the Vietnam war. To everyone in the armed forces, God Bless you and what you have given to our country. Happy Veterans Day!

November 9, 2009 at 9:02 pm |
  144. Ahmed

I would like to thank the veterans for fighting for the USA. All the veterans are so brave. I salute all the veterans and have a good TanksGiving.

November 9, 2009 at 9:05 pm |
  145. Sara

I would just like to give the gratitude of my heart and a salute to those men and women who give their lives and time for the continuation of freedom. Their efforts allow me to make my own choices and mistakes, worship the Lord, and live a life that is free. My heart is with them and nothing I can say can really share the thankfulness I feel towards the men and women in the armed forces.

November 9, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  146. Mariama

I will like to thank all veterans for the actions and sacrifices they have made for us by resolving our conflicts peacefully. Thank you so much we'll always love you guys

November 9, 2009 at 9:31 pm |
  147. Renna

I'd like to make a shout-out to my cousin Jared. He was at Fort Hood the time of the shooting. I love you Jared and keep safe!

November 9, 2009 at 9:33 pm |

I'd like to thank all of the men and women that have served our country! I would also like to thank my grandfathers and uncles that have served in the U.S. Army. Thank you all!

November 9, 2009 at 9:47 pm |
  149. Raphael

I would like to solute to my grandpa who served WWII between U.S. and Germany and my uncle Edward who served the military in the 1970's and i still have his ceremonial sword

November 9, 2009 at 9:47 pm |
  150. Steven

To my cousins, Tyler, Gary & Bob who are currently serving their 2nd tours in Iraq - thank you for your service to our country and keeping all of us safe. We love you!! This also goes to all the men & women serving in the Armed Forces, we owe you a debt of gratitude for your courage & dedication to our country!! 🙂

November 9, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  151. gabi

I'd like to thank them for all they do for us.They are so brave and helpful to the U.S. and all of us.They do so much for us. They give us Freedom and Happiness. They risk their lives for US! They fight (or fought) in ears to save and help US.Their not boastful and they care about LOTS more people then them! They don't care if their funnier or cooler or even nicer then anybody else.All of the veterans help US. They won't hurt US. They work together to HELP US!
    THANK YOU VETERANS!!

November 9, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  152. Jasmine

I think America can be the strongest country in the world becuase of the efforts of veterangs. Although that I'm not American, I will be thanks to veterans in veteran's day.
    p.s Korea's pepero day is on veterans day!! we share long chocolate stick with friends and lovers!!

November 9, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  153. Brianna

I would like to thank all the men and women fighting to keep our country free. We never truly appreciate how much you do to protect us all. Thank you all and you are all in my prayers to stay safe.

November 9, 2009 at 10:48 pm |
  154. Yanari

well i first would like to start off by saying that i apperciate everybody that has served our country and i send my condolences to the ones' that died to serve our country im happy that there is a vetearns day so that the world can recongize how important this is to the world and the people that fought in this ongoing worl d to protect pople that they may barely know doing it from the kindness of their hearts and i apperciate vetarns all over the world because without them we all we'll be fighting for our lives
    vertans all across the world should be proud and honored to be a veteran
    im happy that people can celebrate veterans day with someone in their families they know who is a veteran that survided those harsh and rough times and to the verans that are still fighting this war even as wee speak as im writing this you are a soilder and a hero and i pray that you come out alive and well and to my teacher mr.p
    we respect you and honor you as a veterand and as a teacher
    p.s GO VETRANS!!!!!

November 9, 2009 at 10:49 pm |
  155. Jennifer

I would like to give a Shout-Out to all veterans and mostly Uncle Tito and his Vietnam Veteran friends.They were treates badly,and I would like to give them a big,warm welcome!

November 9, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  156. cole

you rock god belss

November 9, 2009 at 11:30 pm |
  157. Emma

Okay... So, I'm really not that good at apologizing/thanking. I'm not an etiquette girl. =)
    And so, I guess all I gotta say is: Thanks SOSOSOSOSOSO much for giving us freedom, and I'm sorry you had to go through a war to buy it for us. I would help if I could. 😀

Oh, and you other people write awesome poems. X3

November 9, 2009 at 11:56 pm |
  158. Kiah

I wanna thank all the US veterans for everything they've done for the country. You guys all make us proud to be americans. We all look up to your bravery and courage. We all know freedom isn't free, and you have paid the price to protect that right of ours. Thank you so much! 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 2:26 am |
  159. Claire

I think the veterens are risking there lives to help people and no matter what those veterrens are protecting AMERICAN CITIZENS which means of course they deserve to be saluted.

November 10, 2009 at 9:51 am |
  160. Ms. L's 1st Hour

Thank you to all the veterans for your contributions to our freedom. Thank you for dedicating your time and your lives to keep us safe. You are an example for everyone in America!

– Ms. L's 1st Hour Social Studies Class

November 10, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  161. tyler

thanks to all of our hero's that are serving for our country. without you we have no freeom, its hard for our hero's. being away from family and missing everything in life.thank you american hero's

November 10, 2009 at 10:41 am |
  162. Trevor

Thank you for supporting our country and keping our country free. I would like to wish you guys a happy veterans day and God bless!

November 10, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  163. Bren

I want to thank all of the veteran's for serving for our country. I am proud of what they have put their lifes first for. THANK YOU

November 10, 2009 at 10:56 am |
  164. Jerry

thank you for all the help that you had did for us in Iraq or Iran so all i wanted to say is thankyou

November 10, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  165. Justin

THank you very very very very very very very very very very very very much for saving us from all the terrorist and bad people i just would like like to say thank you 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 12:01 pm |
  166. Helen

Coming from a Marine family, I am greatly appreciative of all the hard work and sacrifice of my father and his fellow Marines. I know several young men who are in the Corps now. Congratulations you are part of an elite group who are willing to put their lives on the line for their country. Congratulations to all of the Marine families who support their Marine. I am very proud to be a "Marine brat". Semper Fi !!!

November 10, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  167. derek

Veterans Day don't get me started with how great it is. i can't wait. our soldiers are great. GO AMERICA.

November 10, 2009 at 12:11 pm |
  168. Faustina

I am so greatful that we have soldiers because the stand up for us, they fight for us, and sadly soome even die for us. Well, I am just so happy that I have so many people watching out for me and for others.

November 10, 2009 at 12:11 pm |
  169. jess

I think we should be thankful for them because they helped us. They made us safe.

November 10, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  170. Jessica

I am really thankful for all the Veterans fought for us. The Veterans have protected and helped our lives so much and I really really really appreciate it so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 12:15 pm |

I think the vererans and sodiers are nice for fighting for our country. They should be respected a lot and be rewarded somehow

November 10, 2009 at 12:17 pm |
  172. Omar

I'd like to salute Gabe for coming to america from Mexico and helping out country. He has been very helpful!!!

November 10, 2009 at 12:22 pm |
  173. Maria

I would like to say a thank you for all the people who served in the U.S Armed Forces. I don`t know anybody who joined th Armed Forces,but I am grateful for being protected.

November 10, 2009 at 12:25 pm |
  174. Julie

I think that is a good idea to have people who are fighting for us just to protect us. I think it is a good idea to be able to suppport them because they did so much for us so its the least we could do for them. They must be very brave just to do that for our country. We should be doing all we can just to support them because of what they have been doing for us.

P.S Peace, love and happiness is so important 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 12:25 pm |
  175. Fryar

i would like to acknowledge the fact that i have been working with a wonderful person named tammy. she is a veteran and i have learned so much about her this past year. she is definitely something else in the phrase. we work well together and i would just like to thank her for putting up with me and my fellow coworkers after this whole time. thank you tammy 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 12:54 pm |
  176. Cheryl

We had a great ceremony at our school this morning. (I am a teacher) The students seemed to appreciate the veterans that took the time to attend.

November 10, 2009 at 1:14 pm |
  177. Mrs. C's 5th Grade class

We would like to send a shout out to all of our Vetern's, who are our real heros. Each day we are reminded of the sacrifices that you have made to keep us free. Several of our classmates have immediate family members serving in our Armed Forces across the world and we wanted to personally send our heart felt Thank-you.....We are so proud to wear the red, white and blue!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 1:22 pm |
  178. faith

thank you for this country. i know it is hard doing these things, but you guys still do it and do it well. i know you guys are mad at bush sent you to war, but it is ok, obama will help you out of all of this violents in afghanistan and iraq. i just want to say thank you again. i will keep you in my prayers.

November 10, 2009 at 1:25 pm |
  179. wyatt

I would like to thank our armed forces for daily risking your lives to help us and to keep us safe we hope you all come home safe.

November 10, 2009 at 2:21 pm |
  180. Sabastion

Thanks to all the soldiers in the army, millitary ect. i will one day walk in your shoes to help serve this country. i thank you with all my might

November 10, 2009 at 2:33 pm |
  181. Jon

To all you veterans who had the courage to fight for our freedom, I salute you.

November 10, 2009 at 2:55 pm |
  182. Carol

I salute my dad, my uncle, sister, brothers-in-law and nephew for serving their country. We wouldn't be the great nation we are if it weren't for all the brave men and women serving in our armed forces. God bless America.

November 10, 2009 at 3:11 pm |
  183. Bunmi

I would like to say thank you becuase you veterans have done so much for our contry. You guys have done a great job protecting our country and serving it. I would like to thank you for your courage and bravery. Thank You.

November 10, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  184. dimitrios

i would like to say that i thank you for helping our country.you are my hero because you gave your lifetime to serve for us and to keep us safe from any attacks or dangers.i also have question one question i wanted to ask was do you fear ever day that you may loss your life from an attack or betrayel from a soldier. Another question i have is do you ever feel pressured.I look up to you guys so is it hard to join the air force or the army because i want to serve my country in an good way and i want children and my peers to look up to me I want to save lives not harm them and i am a student i hope the war is over soon because my uncle is in the milatary I love you christopher sincerly,dimitrios i salute you

November 10, 2009 at 3:46 pm |
  185. Ms. Layne's class

Thank you for risking your lives on the front lines to protect our freedoms. We appreciate all that you do for us. Thank you for protecting us and for protecting America. You guys are awesome!

Ms. Layne's class

November 10, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  186. Ms. Layne's class

Thank you for being willing to fight and risk your own lives for millions of others, including us. Also, thank you for sacrificing your time with your families to help and protect your country. You are the best!

Ms. Layne's class

November 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm |
  187. Ms. Layne's class

Thank you for serving for our country. It takes a lot of heart and pride to do what you all are doing. Being willing to risk your lives for people you don't even know is very courageous. It is our honor to thank you. You are the world's true heros.

November 10, 2009 at 4:08 pm |
  188. Mike

I would like to salute my dad. He was a Vietnam Veteran. He died from cancer that was caused by his Agent Orange exposure. He was proud to serve his country even as he was dying. I do not think I would be where I am today without his guidance and support. I miss him dearly and I know that we would enjoy the grandkids that he never got the opportunity to meet. Also I would like to salute all Veterans because without their selfless act we would not be able to enjoy the freedoms we have today.

November 10, 2009 at 4:08 pm |

Dear u.s soldiers i appreciate you being welling to serve for our country.I think that you all have a lot of courage going to afganistan for us.I am praying that you all are will come home safe I want to relly say this from the bottom of my heart thank you so much and i love you all.If it was not for you all it would be a lot of drama in the world and i am praying for you all family. I know that it is hard for yall to be away from home and family and friends.I just want to leave off with this i really want to say thank you so much.

November 10, 2009 at 4:16 pm |
  190. emma

i want to thank the veterans because they did so much for our country,imagine what it would be like without them.

November 10, 2009 at 4:27 pm |
  191. estefany

Dear:veterans and soldiers thank you for all you do. THANK YOU FOR FIGHTING IN THE WAR TO PROTECT OUR COUNTRY. this means that you ARE WILING TO DIE FOR THE PEOPLE YOU CARE and for your country . I fell proud of the soldiers that die everyday. this kind of people need to be honor!! antd thaT IS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO on novenber 11-09 .ME AND MY Family and friends are thankful for what this soldiers do and have done. the words that explain what this soldiers are: strong/brave/willing. the vetertans and soldiers dont look toward the negative side they are always looking toward the positive way. they get mentaly hurt and they dont care they just keep going. they do this for their people and country.this soldiers are wonderful.thank you veterans and soldiers.

November 10, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  192. joshua

thank you so much to all of the vetrens that are fighting for our freedom and it takes a lot of pride and courage to risk your lives for ours and our freedom and the vetrans are setting a good example for me because i would like to join the army some day and i could not thank the vetrans enough for their servies for our country.thank you

November 10, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  193. Kori

Dear Army veterans,
    I just want to say thank you, for being so courageous in fighting the war in Afghanistan. You've been representing our prestegeous country in an awesome way, and so for that I solute you. i just want to aknowledge you for what you have been doing, and I realy, really appriciate it.

Scincerely,
    Kori

November 10, 2009 at 4:43 pm |
  194. wright

I think the salute to veterans is a great idea. The reason I think it is a great idea is because it is salute to remember all of the soilders and other important people who contributed to make the U.S. what it is now. I it is also so that we can remeber all of the soilders that died in war to make sure that this country gets the respect it deserves.

November 10, 2009 at 4:57 pm |

I would like to thank all the veterans for protecting and fighting for our country and for being so brave and having courage to fight in wars.

November 10, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  196. Kait

Thank you so much for putting your life on the line for the Millions of people who live here...that is so heartfelt and brave... and it would be our honor to call you our hero... thankyou sooo sooo much.

November 10, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  197. tatyana

i would like to thank all the veterans in the past, present and the future. they are the worlds heros. it doesnt matter what country you are from. some people dont appreciate our veterans like they should. i do apprecaite veterans. i live with a veteran and he is my father.
    you dont have to got to war to be a veteran like other people may think. event though it is my dad who is the veteran that is not my only reason for appreciating htem. on veterans day i am going to spend the day with my family. there is no school on veterans day. how wonderful.

November 10, 2009 at 5:37 pm |
  198. Julie

Thank you very much for what you do. You guys are the reason we are free. Im just glad that we a have day to honor them for there great service to are country. And the people who died serving for us. My Grandpa is a veteran. So I just want to say thanks and keep doing what your doing.

November 10, 2009 at 5:54 pm |
  199. RoShanna

I would just like to say thank you to all the veterans who were willing to risk their lives for our safety and freedom. They are true heros in my eyes and in many others. THANK YOU!!!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 5:54 pm |
  200. Michael

I think the amry sevices is a really great thing without them people could attack us and we could lose are freeedom

Thanks to all the Veterans

You GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

November 10, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  201. Justin

thank you veterans for making this country a free and safe country. you guys represent the u.s.with you guys around we feel safe and secured. we american should show some respect for this free country we live in.you veterans are brave people thank you!

November 10, 2009 at 6:31 pm |
  202. jordan

I would just like to thank Joe Cook and the rest of the thousands of soldiers fighting everyday for our freedom.

November 10, 2009 at 6:41 pm |
  203. Geneva

I would like to thank all of the men and women who leave behind their friends and family to defend our country. They are a true inspiration for everyone.
    – Geneva

November 10, 2009 at 6:42 pm |
  204. Paige

I thank all the solider who fight for my freedom. I also thank them for risking their life for our country. My hero is my uncle Jermiah.

November 10, 2009 at 6:46 pm |
  205. Dania

I dont know how to start this but i guess the best way would be to say THANK YOU. Thank you for everything youve done to make this a safer and freer place for all of us. I dont think there are words capable to exaplain how gratefull i am to have someone fighting for me and eveyone.
    Not everyone is capable and willing to fight and stand up for a cause. And not everyone understands the bravery and courage you need to give up your life for others. I thank you for risking your life to save America.
    *for all those lost....REMEMBER

November 10, 2009 at 6:50 pm |
  206. Brianna

I want to thank veterans for all the things they have done to help America. It's really helpful knowing there is people out there fighting for our freedom. Some people dont appreciate what they do. If people dont appreciate they should try being on the front lines fighting for people they dont even know and probably will never know!! Once again, thank you veterans for all you've done for us. I think I speak for America when I say "God Bless YOU!!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 7:01 pm |
  207. Katherine

I would like to give thanks to all the veterans who have died and fought for us and all the live ones too. Without your strength and braveness this country would be a squeamish jellyfish. It would not be strong and what is today. Everyone in this country is appreciative of your bravery. Your services are very dear to us. Without your services we would not be what we call our country of freedom, because that’s what our veterans are fighting for-freedom!
    My cousin and a close friend are in the armed forces and they are missed dearly. We love them all and there isn't a soldier or veteran who wasn't loved. We miss those who have given their lives and those who are still away at the other side of the world. We are strong and hope for a safe return. Even though sometimes we wish you guys weren’t over in other countries far away from loved ones, you guys are fighting for our freedom and we salute to you. Again, thank you and you guys are greatly missed!

November 10, 2009 at 7:16 pm |
  208. Daryce

i am glad that we have veterans day to celebrate all the people that served in the U.S Armed Forces. i know some people that were in the U.S Armed Forces and I'm proud to know them. they fought for us and they deserve to be recognized on this special day. many people fought for us and they died. by thanking them we are showing that we appreciate what they have done for us. they are important and they should know it.

November 10, 2009 at 7:59 pm |
  209. MIP

I want to thank the people that fought for America because, they are making me safe. The people who have died from fighting, I thank them so much for trying to free our country. Happy Veterans Day!!!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 8:00 pm |
  210. Daryce

i am glad that we have veterans day to celebrate all the people that served in the U.S Armed Forces. i know some people that were in the U.S Armed Forces and I'm proud to know them. they fought for us and they deserve to be recognized on this special day. many people fought for us and they died. by thanking them we are showing that we appreciate what they have done for us. they are important and they should know it
    Not many people are brave enough to join the U.S Armed Forces. the people that did were. they had to go through a lot in order to go to places and fight for what was right. on this day they should all receive medals so they can be recognized for their hard work and for them to know that they are wonderful people. they deserve this day to be dedicated for them.

November 10, 2009 at 8:02 pm |
  211. Arnav

I appreciate it and hope they do good I'm also happy because they do this for our country.

November 10, 2009 at 8:16 pm |
  212. Morgan

I would just like to thank the troops for supporting out country and risking their lives so that we can have our freedom.. My uncle is in the U.S. Navy and he is my true hero

November 10, 2009 at 8:39 pm |
  213. justin

i salute the veterans for defending our country

November 10, 2009 at 8:57 pm |
  214. Anne

Thank you, veterans! The United States of America is a great place to live because of people like you, who make it possible for me to study what I want, dress how I wish, worship as I believe, and be who I want to be.

November 10, 2009 at 9:27 pm |
  215. india

My hero is my grandfather Ken
    he was in the Navy for a long time
    and all his family supported him in that long distance a way from home on fight for our country and freedom

November 10, 2009 at 9:31 pm |
  216. Clay

Thanks to all veterans for taking time out of your life and serving for the u.s. and making this country safe.

November 10, 2009 at 9:44 pm |
  217. Michael

I want to thank everyone who served in the U.S. Armed Forces. Especially the people who lost there lives in the U.S. Armed Forces should be thanked. I hope that every one takes sometime on Wednesday to think about the people who fight for our country.

:)THANK YOU:)!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 10, 2009 at 9:46 pm |
  218. Morgan

i want to thank all the american people in the armed forces and let them know that our country salutes you and we are watching out for you. 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 9:48 pm |
  219. Morgan

i want to say thank you to my uncle and cousin that are in the army serving our country. i also want to say thank you to all the american men and women serving our country in the armed forces. i want to let them know that our country salutes you and we are watching out for you! 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 9:50 pm |
  220. Sarah

My family has five people that were and still are in the armed forces.My grandpa Tom, now past away, severed in the Army. My uncle Jay was in the Navy. My oldest cousin Tommy served in the marines. My second cousin Jon, is in the army right now, and in South Carolina at Fort Jackson. Jon was in Iraq twice so far and possibly again. My third cousin, Eric is in the Army and currently at Fort Hood. My blessings and wishes of safety go to my cousins and every one else. Happy Veterans Day!

November 10, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  221. Keeton

I also want to thank every veteran pesonally for what they hepled achive... FREEDOM! Thank you!

November 10, 2009 at 10:44 pm |
  222. Deneshia

I JUST WANT TO SAY TO ALL THE VETERANS OUT THERE IN THE WORLD"THANK YOU"! THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR THIS COUNTRY. YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO DO IT BUT YOU DID AND FOR THAT I SAY YOU'RE BRAVE! AS FOR ME, HALF OF MY FAMILY IS VETERANS AND I KNOW THAT THAEY ARE VERY PROUD OF THEIR SELVES , JUST AS YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELFVES. SO TO ALL THE VETERANS OUT THERE AGAIN I SAY THANK YOU AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK INYOUR LIVES! 🙂

November 10, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  223. Sarah Beth

never mind i found out what happened. We salute all the veterans. tommorow at our school we have a veterans day concert. we are singing all the patriotic song known to man.
    i wish but not, I love all the veterans for doing there part in the world that god had made them to be and do. *Peace~Love~Harmony*

November 10, 2009 at 11:02 pm |
  224. Jude

I will like to salute our Nations Veterans and to let you know the you hold a special place in our nations history and homes.......Oh! i also would like to tell you that when the going get tough , you can rely on the backbone of America...!

November 10, 2009 at 11:22 pm |
  225. Collin and Riley

My friend is in the coast guard and he does A LOT. So thanks to all who are or who have been in the armed forces. Thank You 😀

Collin and Riley

November 10, 2009 at 11:30 pm |
  226. amarah

Military are fallen angels to protect everyone, I thank god that they sent them to us. To protect us from harm, and well as others. We have soldiers who are young,old, black,white, no matter what, they want to protect us. They risk their lives for ours, and without them America would be country of fear. They turn boys into men, the reason I know this is because my brother is in the national guard. He was a trouble maker, but he changed and he amazes me. I salute all the soldiers, and god bless the families who have lost a loved one. the army sacrifices themselves for us and I bless they do. Fort hood will be remembered, and thank the other veterans who fought for us for the freedom, and helping other. You guys are amazing. Thank you again.

November 10, 2009 at 11:46 pm |
  227. Emily

I would like to start off by saying thank-you for all the work you guys have done for our country. We wouldn't be where we are today without the bravery and courage from all the soldier's!
    You have done so much there are no amount of words i can express that says how much I thank you guys!
    My grandfather served overseas and i have a cousin currently overseas! As much as we want this war over when they all return i would just shake there hands look them straight in the eye and say thank you for serving our county.
    Thank you Sincerely ...

November 11, 2009 at 12:40 am |
  228. dennis

THANKS GUYS FOR SUPPORTING AND GETING THE MESSAGE OUT. TO ALL VETARENS BE PROUND YOUR THE REASON US THE YOUTH HAVE FREEDOM.
    -THANK YOU

November 11, 2009 at 2:47 am |
  229. cindi

My heartfelt thank you goes out to my daughter, Sarah Secor, and all the other men and women who give us our freedom. Each and everytime I see a person in uniform, I go up to them and shake their hand. I thank them for serving our country. We should not only honor them and recognize them on Veterans day, but everyday of the year. They endure so much for all of us,americans my thanks is endless. God bless our soldiers and god bless america.

November 11, 2009 at 3:16 am |
  230. lily

i like to thank my big brother and his squad for fight for our freedom especilly my old brother to serve for 4 years thnks for serving for us

November 11, 2009 at 8:09 am |
  231. Dylan

dear veterans i really really thank you for risking your life for our country my grandpa was in world war 2. he is just like you he risked his life for our country. alot of people died in the world war 2. an i was really sad because he died not to long ago so i thank you for risking your life for our country!!!

November 11, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  232. Ryan

Thank you vetrans for doing all you hace done. Thank You so much

November 11, 2009 at 9:46 am |
  233. Zach

I love what the veterans in America have done for the people from World War 2 to the gulf war,the veterans are the best.

November 11, 2009 at 9:49 am |
  234. Savannah

I think that all the Veterans should be thanked , but i also think that many people think that Veteran's Day is only to honor all the people in Iraq. I disagree and think that the reason we celebrate is to honor all the people who have ever served for our country, including the families of those soldiers overseas. So, I believe that in Veterans Day, we should thank the soldiers, the families, and all the people who have been soldiers.

November 11, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  235. Chaz

Veterans,

Thank you for making the ultimate sacrifice for the protection of our country.

November 11, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  236. tatyana

i would like to thank all the veterans in the past, present and the future. they are the worlds heroes. it doesnt matter what country they are from to me. some people sont appreciate veterans lie they should. i live with my very own veteran and he is my father.
    i appreciate veterans not only because im related to one. a person does not have to go to war to be a veteran like people think. veterans day is such a special day. everyone recognizes the veterans and show their support.

November 11, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  237. hannah

thamk you, veterans for fighting in the war for us. i think it is good that we have a holiday to celebrate them fighting in the war.

November 11, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  238. dylan

I like veterans day, because my father is a veteran. He served in the United States Marine Corps.

November 11, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  239. jerry

Today, my school is saluting veterains by having a spirit day

November 11, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  240. Ryan

I think it is nice to celibrate everyy troop

November 11, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  241. jerry

woonded for worriers sounds like a great idea.

November 11, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  242. Catie

i woud say thank you so much!

November 11, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  243. Cesar

I'd like to thanks all the men and women who have left their home and family to fight for us. People who might have left far more. If not for you, what would be of us? maybe by now we be talking japanese or have a British accent. You protect our freedom as a whole. We might have been living like in china with no freedom of speech of religion. I can truly admire that you would go to a distant country and fight for every individual who you might never know, and even protecting us all as a whole country. Admire that you would put your own life in danger. Danger beyond what we here could imagine. I want you to know that I'm thankful for what you done or did, same as many people that look at you as heros or roll models and might one day be just like you. Thanks you Veterans.

November 11, 2009 at 12:25 pm |
  244. Nyla

Veterans Day is such a important day for many especially for those who served this country who are still alive but its just as important to those families who has lost a loved one because they served this country. I really a paricipate the veterans who has served this country because without them i wouldnt be writing this blog and i wouldnt have the freedom to do the things i can do now. Its sad to just think of all the wars we have battled and how many men and women we lost and all the pain and suffering the families had to go through but the families of these "warriors" (thats what i call them) should be so proud because their loved one died for the freedom of country and protected us from any danger even though the knew nothing about the people they are saving. They are the most courageous, brave, sincere, and caring people i know....even though i dont really know all of them.

November 11, 2009 at 12:26 pm |
  245. Chris

there is nothing much i can do to thank all the veterans, so i am writing this post. I feel very thankful, yet sorry for those who has sacrificed their lives for this great nation. Granting us freedom, they are dead and long gone, but hopefully they wouldn't suffer from regrets. It is our duty to make our nation "more perfect" and that is the only way we could thank them and let them rest in peace. and our struggles, big or small, at the end, makes a big change to our country. we should try our best at every small things, every day for to remember those who have died for this nation

November 11, 2009 at 12:52 pm |
  246. Chris

and not only for those who have died, but to those who are putting themselves in the way of harm right now, to protect us

November 11, 2009 at 1:06 pm |
  247. Sucel

I would like to thank all thoughs brave men and women who risked their lives for our country. They are the soul behind america and should always be recognized for all their hard work. They were brave enough to do what many of us could not. Once again thank you for fighting for our freedom.

November 11, 2009 at 1:16 pm |
  248. jasmine

to my dad and all i would like to say thank you for your brave souls

November 11, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  249. Katie

I am in a school.Beyond this school is a flag. Inside that flag is a journey, hard and strong. This journey has been taken by many people, willing to risk their lives that this nation may live and prosper in the aspects of serenity and security. You are one of those people. A great many thanks and tears have been shed for you, but nothing we do can ever match the great sacrifice you are making. So now we say thank you for the blood you have shed and the lives you have given so this nation can prosper.

November 11, 2009 at 1:46 pm |
  250. Libby

We would like to say thank you to all of our soldiers, men and women, that have helped serve and protect this country. Another thank you to the ones that gave their lives and are in heaven with God Almighty.
    Thank you so much, you're all in our prayers.

November 11, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  251. Catherine

I'd like to thank all the veterans because they are brave enough to risk their lives to fight for this country. They sacrificed and went through horrible and tough wars just so we can be free and enjoy this country. It takes a lot of courage to risk losing everything for this country and that's why veterans are so special because many people wouldn't do that. Thus, my special thanks to all the veterans, thank you for everything.
    Additionally, I would like to thank all the veterans for keeping us safe in this country and I would like to wish luck to all men and women who are fighting right now in Iraq. Also, I wanted to say that I really appreciate all veterans because of what they have done and so salute to all the veterans!!!!!!!!

November 11, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  252. Katie

I am in school. Beyond this school is a flag. Inside this flag is a journey, hard and strong. This journey has been taken by many people, willing to risk their lives that this nation may live and prosper in the aspects of serenity and security. You are one of those people. A great many thanks and tears have been shed for yoy, but nothing we do can ever match the great sacrifice you are making. So now we say thank you for the blood you have shed and the lives you have given, that this nation may prosper.

November 11, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  253. Jessica

This is for my uncle terry, and for all of the other brave men doing what y'll are doing. i have a great amount respect for every one of you that are not goona be able to be home for the holidays and staying strong for your selves and for our country. and terry i love you, so much and so does the rest of that family come home to us safe and one peice,,, lol mss you so much be good an just stay in a bush till yo come home.... love you

November 11, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  254. sarah

We should be thankful for our veterans because they fought for us and I thank them every day.

November 11, 2009 at 2:32 pm |
  255. Sofia

Thank you for our saftey.i hope you guys are safe, too. You are my heros Thank you.

November 11, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  256. brianna

I am so thankful for the veterans.without the people that died for this country to succeed we wouldn't be at this point we are at now. I am have so much respaect and i salute to the veterans because that is a symbol of patrioism whe you give your life for a country to be free. I have a family members that were or are still in the military. My step father was in the airforce academy, my uncle was is in the marines, one of my aunts are in the marines, and my other aunt is a nurse in the marines. I pray for all our troops at war, and i salute to all of you veterans. Happy veterans day!

November 11, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  257. Anniepr

Here is to all the veterans ! Thank you!
    we all apreciate you than u for beeing brave and protecting us . i want to thank all the veterans and the soldiers that have not jet comed back for war and for standing up for us and countries belives ,' FREEDOM. I also wanted to give a shout out to Marcos my stepdad who arrived from warr 2 years ago .thank you !

November 11, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  258. Jennifer

Dear All Veterans ,
    Thank you all for your sacafices you have done to keep us all alive. We are all Grateful that Each and everyone of you guys serve for us to protect us and our country in which we all unit. Without you guys this country will be nothing! I pray to god for the verterans that are resting in peace and for the one's serving.
    It's truly a blessing to have you guys serving. Today we all give you guys thank you for all you done you guys mean so much to this counrty. We truly honor and appericate this. Blessing to all the verterans who have been, will be, or who are. Thank you.
    May god bless you guys not matter what! You desrve it.

November 11, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  259. joseph

my grandpa was a soilder in world war 2. And thanks to everyone who protected us from sudden death or really bad engerys.

November 11, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  260. Niya

I would like to thank all the veterans who fought for our country. I am honored to live in a country with such wonderful people. I have family members that are veteran and I thank them all the time. It feels good to have people who would put their lives on the line for the people in this country. I mean they don't even know us!

Some people take the veterans or even Veteren's Day for granted. I kind of feel sorry for those people because they don't know what the veterans have done for us. I don't think I would put my life on the line for people who don't give me the respect I deserve. They are really strong people and we love our veterans!

November 11, 2009 at 2:58 pm |
  261. Kristin

I would like to say thank you to all the veterans who have fought for this country. You guys go through so much its probably impossible to even imagine. It takes many brave men and women like you guys to take on a task like this. You guys have so much detication and honor for this country, a thank you does not seem like enough. If it were not for you guys i think this country would be a total disaster.
    You guys sacrafice so much, and for people you have never even met before. Its incredible. So much respect and honor is owed to you. You guys should know your country is proud of you(:
    THANK YOU

November 11, 2009 at 3:03 pm |

Dear Veterans,
    I want to thank all the men and women who have fought and died in our armed forces. If it wasn't for you that had fought in our wars then we would have never gained our independence. There are many of us that live in the countries that are fighting and may not realize what veterans have done to this world and our lives. If it wasnt for Veterans that we have then we would all possibly be dead because alot of us is scared to fight in wars and risk our lives.Thank you for fighting for our lives each day while your in the war and we are here sitting at home. We have felt that you have done a great deed to society sso we have a speacial holiday for you guys, just to thank you for all your hard work. You are the brave and the true so keep on fighting for us, and working hard and thanks for never giving up. To all those people who put thier lifes on the line every time they go out to war. I give you thanks for all your courage and your great sterangth to face death right in the face and be able to go on. I hope you the best and wish you a great prosperous life. To this I salute you. Sincereley Ashley.

November 11, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  263. Chrissy

i have a cousin in the marines he is in japan and i wuold like to say thankyou for all you do and i miss you...and tankyou to all our armed forces members .

November 11, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  264. Adolfo

Thank you for all the scrafices you have given to fight beyond the front lines. You are the guardians of our nation. We will always all you troops past, present, or Future as our heros and protectors. You are all considered the best troops of this world and will always bring hope to where ever you serve to every person. Thank you for the honorable service you all do to protect our lives and this nation.

November 11, 2009 at 3:44 pm |
  265. Natalie

I may not agree with war, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate and salute what the veterans have done for us. They've fought for our country, our rights, and our freedom. And for that, for risking their lives for us, I give all veterans my sincere and most heart-felt thanks for everything you've done for us in the past and everything that new and upcoming veterans are doing now.

My Uncle Arnie is a veteran, so I know how it is to worry about one. To want them to come home. But, he's home, and he's here to not only continue to inspire the family with his courage and experience, but to help me, personally, which my school and choices. So, from the bottom of my heart, Uncle Arnie, thank you for serving this country and helping all of us with our work and lives.

November 11, 2009 at 3:47 pm |
  266. John

I want to give a solute to all the veterans out there. My dad is a veteran and i apreciate everything that all veterans have done for our country. I want to say THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE. Keep doing good... I thank GOD for those soldiers dying for us. Without them who knows what would have happened. I think that they are good people and they deserve to come back home. I thnik that they should be able to come back home on every holiday. They deserve to see there family for all there hard work. I mean they are the ones who saved our lives.

November 11, 2009 at 3:51 pm |
  267. chris

I would like to salute my brother and 2 of my cousins

November 11, 2009 at 5:05 pm |
  268. elon

I am not a person who believes in war but when it comes to fighting for our country our veterans and soilders put there have done a lot for use here at home. We as a country have fought lots of wars and most of them we won. We win becuase of our strong, brave and courageous soliders that we have out there. I give it upp to them because they go through so much. Killing people, people being killed, watching people get killed its a lot to take in.
    I wish all the veterans in this country a happy veterans day because they deserve it more then anyone for putting their lives at risk. I unfortunately i do not know any veterans. If i did know one i would probably find some way to send them off to a resort on a tropical island so they can have some good qualiy time. Atfer all they deserve it .

November 11, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  269. stephen

this is a tributeto all troops of all forms most men on my dads side were military im happy for all their service and sometimes i wish that they didnt have to do it but i know that we wouldnt be free if they didnt but im glad they do even though they dont have to military men and wemen are th most unselfish brave and caring people there are and noone cann deny it my dad was in the gulf war and operation iraqie freedom. he saw many of his friends die but he kept goin didnt stop fighting everto me that is ture sacerfice no one but thoose who serve can understand that for. and fo that i thank you all who dare to go out there and serve fo what ever reason just thank you so much. i love u dad miss u and wish we were home with you not here

November 11, 2009 at 5:59 pm |
  270. Andrew

My name is Andrew. Over the summer my grandfather was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He died three weeks later. My grandfather served in WWII as a bridge builder. He was stationed in France, Italy, and Germany. He was 86 when he died. Every year before that he came to every Veteren's Day celebration at my school. He was very proud to have served his country in a time of need. The war helped him take great care of his family, he had five children, twelve grandchilden(including me), and his wife, my grandmother...
    All throughout his years he's been loving and caring to all of us. The last thing that he said to me before he died was that I had a heart of gold, i'll never forget that moment. This November 11th 2009 was the first Veteren's that I understood. Today I realized how important these veterens really were to our country, I only wish my grandpa could've been there.

November 11, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  271. Eric

I think Veterans day is a great way to say thank you to those that served in the military and to those that still do. I think we should thank these people for risking their lives everyday for our country and our freedom!

November 11, 2009 at 6:39 pm |
  272. JESSE

If i saw a army guy or girl i would thank them becuase they help our country for freedom and for serving the country.

November 11, 2009 at 6:41 pm |
  273. Kimberly

I thank the Veterans for fighting for lots of things, like freedom. My cousin's cousin is a veteran and my cousin's grandpa was one too. Veterans are a big help. They deserve this Veterans Day.

November 11, 2009 at 6:45 pm |
  274. Twitch

I Salute all veterans and all troops over seas defending our great nation. U guys are my heros

November 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm |
  275. Fancis

My friend is in the Army, Though I really didn't want her to go I knew deep down that it was the right thing to do for someone as brave as her. She is serving as a medic. I show a great amount of respect for any one who has served in the army in any way, for they have showed a true act of bravery. I give thanks for my world history teacher being in the army for he has the external and internal firm characteristics of a true soldier. He shows integrity, respect for his country, and intelligence with each and every one of his pupils about the world

I thank goodness for the valiant soldiers that put their lives on the line for America. I wouldn't know much about the army or anything like that, but I don't see the soldiers as fighters, but I see them as protectors and as warriors people who care about others. I grieve for the hundreds families that have lost a loved one in a war. The millions of soldiers fighting for everyone of the citizens freedom in the United States are very important for they are fighting for the one thing that America cares for the most... FREEDOM! Though it doesn't mean much but I express my strongest gratitude through these words, to show the thousands of veterans out in the U.S. that there are people out there that really cares and are thankful for what they have done for their country.

November 11, 2009 at 7:06 pm |
  276. Yanoryh

Veterns day is a special day for us and for other families because this day we Thanks the army for risking their life in the wars some of them did risk there life they died for us and for there nation because when they went to war they show bravest and strengh and other people won't do that some of the soldier died for us and they didn't even know us we should thanks them so much because deep in your heart you know that you wouldn't do it because your life is v alueable but the soldier that died they didn't think that way they just went to represent us and our nation and fight for what right and thats admiring. I thanks all of the soldiers from different army crew for being brave to risk there life for us and for fighting for us no matter what if we don't know yall but i will alwayz be thankful because i know that i wouldnt fight for other people or for the nation thankz a lot today is your days soldiers.

November 11, 2009 at 7:36 pm |
  277. jenlu

thank you for all the hard work and for helping our country! You should be proud of you self.

November 11, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  278. Katherine

It’s incredible how one person can make a difference. The stability we have in our homes is all due to their astuteness and heroic effort to keep their country in the pedestal it deserves to stand on. America has gone through a long journey. from being the salvation of those looking for freedom to being the role model of the world. all of this can be thanked to those veterans whom protected and all still protecting the country with their blessings. i, thank their gallant actions and their every effort to shield our majestic country....America.

November 11, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  279. Emily :)

i would say thankyou and also try to help them by sending gifts for every holiday but also i have a grampa that sirved in the army a long time ago hes still alive but he has truble brething and walking 😦

November 11, 2009 at 8:09 pm |
  280. steph

I'd like to thank all those soldiers, they are not just soldiers, but they are heroes, heroes that we all look up to, recognize and appreciate for their dedication, bravery and courage to stand tall and serve in the U.S. armed forces to fight for their country. I truly appreciate all the hard work that they have for this country, and all the obstacles that they faced for us, it is truly a pleasure to have such great heroes fight for us, and on this day i would like to thank them all, thank you veterans.

November 11, 2009 at 8:34 pm |
  281. Virginia

I want to say thanks to all of those veteran's including my history teacher he is also a veteran. These are people that fought for us and died for us. We all appreciate all the sacrifices that you guys made; I ofcourse haven't been through the things you guys went through but i still feel you. It must be really hard leaving your family members to fight in war for this country. Family member such as Wives, first born babies, daughters, son's, mothers, sisters, cousins, aunts ect.ect.ect.
    My brother once thought of being in that position and fighting for this country but in way i'm kind of happy he didn't because, my heart would have literally stop pumping blood. I just wouldn't be able to live my life with all the worries. Thats why i also want to say thanks to all the family members that was brave enough to support these veterans to do what they do every day for all of us, thanks for being the reason for giving them that energy to strive and push harder to make it out alive to see your faces again someday and tell and show the whole world what they did and accomplished.

Thank you... Thank you very much!!!!!!!! 🙂 :X :X:X:X:X

November 11, 2009 at 8:38 pm |
  282. laetitia

First i would like to say Happy Veterans day!!! I want to thank all women and men who served in the army forces. Today i took a moment of silence to recognize and acknowlegde the ones who have die to serve our counrty. You guys are very brave out there because honestly i would be too scare to go out there because its so dangerous. IF it wasn't for you guys i'm pretty sure we wouldn't be here today. Its because of you guys that we are here.

You guys are like so awesome and i reallyappreciate everything you do to our counrty. You guys fight in the war and a lot of you die or are like traumatize and that's very hard. I'm just thankful that we have people like you guys in the army and fight in the war for us. You guys don't even like know us but are willing to do anything for your country so thank you guys so much!!!

November 11, 2009 at 8:48 pm |
  283. Alaias

Veterans are importnant people. They are the ones who fought for us in a time of need. Had they not existed then the world would definitely have become much different than it is now. This world is full of bloodshed. And as brave men die we lie in our beds not realiseing what others are doing in order for us to remain there. I am grateful for what the soldiers are doing and know that they are fighting hard for what they belive in. If by some chance there is a veteran reading this then -Thank you-

November 11, 2009 at 8:55 pm |
  284. leo

I realy dont know any one right now in the army or at war but i had a uncle that was a veteran that when to war and his dead but i would wish the best to all those people that are there right now and that i al ways pray for each and every one of you all and that war could be over to but am going to keep praying into war is over love you all and here are people that never forget aboute you all!!!!!!!!!!!

November 11, 2009 at 9:01 pm |
  285. ryan

Thank you to all Veterans who served our Country. Thank you to all families who support all of our Armed Forces. Thank you!

November 11, 2009 at 9:43 pm |
  286. amber

my cousin is in the armed forces and i know how it feels to have someone very important gone 4 a long while so as long as u pray 4 them, they should be fine b/c God will take care of them. 🙂

November 11, 2009 at 9:57 pm |
  287. Samantha

Im sorry I did not get the chance to write my comment yesterday but I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who has served in the army or any branch of the military my heart goes out to everyone who has lost a family member in the the war and the wars before this last school year was my JR year and I lost my dad to the war in a car bombing and I know what they are going through and now my older sister is joining the Army Reserve and my cousin is in the U.S. Navy I miss you them all so much and cant wait tell my sister and cousin gets home

November 11, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  288. Nanotte

To all Veterans,
    I truly admire you guys. you have serve for us in our counrty.
    All veterans mean alot to us. we care and honor you guys.
    Specailly on this specail day for you all. you all are blessings
    and are important in historty.
    we keep the ones resting in peace in our prayers and to all veterans
    serving right now as well. Without all you guys this country wouldn't
    be something. we will all be probably dead by now. Thank to all of you
    we are alive and you guys protect each of us. god bless you!

November 11, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  289. Connie

First I would like to start by thanking all the Veterans for doing all they did to serve our country. It’s incredible how they risk their lives for ours I believe it takes a man to be very brave in order to do that. I’m pretty sure that less than half of the people that live in this country have even thought of those people that fight for our country and risk losing their lives and families. If it wasn’t for the veterans this country wouldn’t be where it is at right now. These men go thru extremely rough times. Such as pain, they fight to protect us.
    They fight for what they believe is right from wrong and even though they might lose sometimes they don’t give up. Honor, respect , integrity are what these individuals have. I thank all those veterans that fought for our country and those that still are. Thanks for keeping this country’s freedom.

November 11, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  290. michael

I say thank you to all the soldiers for figthing in wars and protecting us because some soldiers losse there lives fighting.

November 12, 2009 at 7:42 am |
  291. Arielle

Today is Veterans Day and i would like to say Thank You to all the soldiers who dies for me at war and all of them who were wounded.I know that it was very hard to leave all of your family and friend and your home but you did it for a good reason and because you care.Who knows if u will be comign back but all of us are praying that u get home safely and that even if the soldiers are wounded or sick we still have to pray that they get home safely and thank god that they are still alive because they could have been dead,Thank you so much and i appreciate all of you soldiers for going to war for me.I know darn well i would not be the first to volunteer to go so i thank u dearly.

November 12, 2009 at 9:21 am |
  292. Victoria

For first and foremost I'd like to thank all the veterans for everything they went through. They are very brave and strong people. These veterans fight for our freedom. We should be very thankful to live in a country where these veterans fight for us and for our right.
    I am very thankful to live in America. We should take this day to remember and cherish everything these veterans did. If it weren't for them then who knows where we would be at now. Thank God for these veterans!

November 12, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  293. JASMINE

i WOULD LIKE TO START OFF BY SAYING THAT I APPLAUD ALL THE VETERANS FOR FIGHTING FOR OUR CIUNTRY. iT'S JUST SO NICE TO SEE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO SERVE THEIR COUTRY. iT'S JUST SO UNFORTUNATE THAT SOME OF THEM DIE, BUT AT LEAST THEY DIE KNOWING THEY DID SOMETHING GOOD FOR THEIR COUNTRY.
    I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY TO THE FAMILIES OF THE VETERANS THAT YOUR RELATIVES ARE IN MY PRAYERS. TO BE ABLE TO GO OUT AND FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY BELIVE IS SO HEROIC. THEY ARE ROLE MODELS FOR MANY PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD AND THATS WHAT COUNTS.

November 12, 2009 at 4:07 pm |
  294. sherman

I would want to thank all the veterans(including my uncle) for all they did. I understand they fought and died for this country. You guys/ladies have impacted lives.Im just glad that we had this day to honor you guys.

THANKS

November 12, 2009 at 4:48 pm |
  295. Solangel

I would like to say to all of our former veterans and our current fighters.....Thank you for Keeping all of the us safe...We all appreciate it! ...Thank you! We will always love you! Thanks for serving for us! I would like to thank all the Veterans that have done what they can to serve our country. It takes alot of brave and strong men to put our lives in their hands and die for us or possibly live. There are many of us that live in the countries that are fighting and may not realize what veterans have done to this world and our lives. If it wasnt for Veterans that we have then we would all possibly be dead because alot of us is scared to fight in wars and risk our lives.You fight. You go through pain. You protect us. You endure. You do all this to serve the country you love, and it's not an easy task. You veterans have sacrificed your life to fight the evil that poisons our country, and that is what I define as bravery. You stand up for what's right, but sometimes you lose your life in the process. Courage, respect and honor. That is what you show when you fight to keep our long lasting freedom. For this, I salute you.
    I really hope that every one can see what all of you have done for us. I really feel like all of you, youhave made a big difference to every person in our community. I really love what you guys have been doing. I really thank every one who has served already or if your fighting for us now. I thank you all for serving. Veterans Day is celebrated to make up for the times that the U.S army fought for our country and died. Because there are a lot of cases were the people who fight in war are traumatize by what they saw. And there mentally or physical challenge because what they have did. I think every country should have a Veterans Day for there army did for them.

November 12, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  296. Aaron

I love what you've done for our country. You guys are awesome and courageous what you did in World War 2.

November 12, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  297. Isabel

Thank you for fighting for our freedom. We feel sorry for the people who got hurt and died. Thank you to those people for serving our nation. Thank you for serving our country. Happy Veteran's Day.

November 12, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  298. Sydney

I think it's amazing how veterans risk their lives for their country, although war is childish. Thank you for all of you that fought, whether dead or alive. R.I.P. You guys rock!

November 12, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  299. MICHELLE

I would like to thank all the veterans for the time they put in to serve and protecet our country. If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't even have freedom right now. I would also like to thank you for your hardwork and dedication you put into serving this country.
    You didn't have to risk your life or go through that difficult training you went through but you did anyways. You don't know how much I appreciate you and how much I would like to thank each and every one of you in person. Once again I would like to say THANK YOU!!!

November 12, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  300. Karolayn

Happy Veterans Day!! I know its a little late but I would like to thank all the veterans out there. You sacrificed your lifes everyday to make this country the best it can be. Women and men are everyday fighting for us. Thinking about there loved ones and what they are fighting for. For that I am thankful and grateful to you all.
    It is because of you that today we are a great country. That we live united and with liberty for all. That could not have been possible if you didn't fight for us. We probably have ended up like a comunist country. You risk your lifes for us and now we celebrate you.
    Enjoy your day and that you can spend it with the one you love more!

November 12, 2009 at 5:47 pm |
  301. juliette

im really glad that there are men and women out there that fight for our freedom. if it wasnt for them im sure that the united states would become war grounds, we would have people in the street dead just like they do over in iraq, and we wouldnt have the freedom to express our individuality and our opinions the way we do. if this was another country we wouldnt be able to do anything. i thank you for putting your lives at risk to keep our country safe.

November 12, 2009 at 6:46 pm |
  302. Lauren

Veterans have given so much for this country by going to war and fighting for our and other peoples freedom. Even if they stayed state side there entire career they do there part to help. When you think about all the people who died in all our past wars anywhere they gave up allot, some even there lifes, for nothing in return.
    My grandfather is a veteran from WWII and he tells me the stories from all the interesting things he has seen and done. He did his part to help in that war and now todays soldiers are doing thirs and we should remember that.

November 12, 2009 at 7:36 pm |
  303. Bella

Our veterans are extremely important to our country, they risk their lives everyday for us. They are our heroes, and we should support them. I'm proud to have veterans that are both men and woman that have fought, for us. I would like to thank them for their having the courage to go out to our in representing our country. THANK YOU !

Also to all of our troop out at war, come home safe to your families! ❤

November 12, 2009 at 8:49 pm |
  304. Nicole

I think that we as Americans tend to take our rights and freedom for granted. We have everything handed to us on a silver platter, and never think twice about all we had to struggle or sacrifice, or all of the suffering others endured to bring us the greatest gift of all: the gift to think for ourselves. We need to take time to realize that this didn't happen over night, and this wasn't an accident. There are real men and women who love their country enough to give their lives to fight for her.
    Veteran's Day is the one day of the year when we can take time to thank these valiant men and women who have gone through so much to ensure that we can continue to live our simple lives. It seems little to give in return for all that they have accomplished for us. And truthfully, we shouldn't just celebrate Veteran's Day on this November 11, but every day. They are the ones on the front lines, and the least we can do is show them we care. Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for protecting us, our country, and our rights. Thank you.

November 12, 2009 at 8:51 pm |
  305. Ivy

My Grandpa served in WW2, and his toes were crossed. This led him to be eligible to drop out, because his toes didn't fit in the army boots. Instead, he said, amputate the toe. I want to serve my country.
    I think this is amazing, and I am very proud and thankful of what my Grandfather did. I am thankful of what the veterans all over are doing for our country. All I want to say to them, is thanks and that they were helping us to keep our freedom. Thanks a lot!

November 12, 2009 at 8:55 pm |
  306. Yasmin

I would like to thank all the Veterans that have done what they can to serve our country. It takes alot of brave and strong men to put our lives in their hands and die for us or possibly live. There are many of us that live in the countries that are fighting and may not realize what veterans have done to this world and our lives. If it wasnt for Veterans that we have then we would all possibly be dead because alot of us is scared to fight in wars and risk our lives. I know i am and thats why im thankful to have my four family members that past away last year that fought in different wars for for risking their lives for others they dont even know. THANK YOU VETERANS FOR ALL THAT YOU HAVE DONE!!Thank you for fighting for our freedom. Thank you to those people for serving our nation. Thank you for serving our country. Happy Veteran's Day.

November 12, 2009 at 9:50 pm |
  307. Chione

Im glad we have veterans and soldiers in our country. They are brave enough to protect our country to keep us safe and free. Many people get their heads blown off to protect billions of people and they dont get the recognition that they deserve. Many people that come from Vietnam aee never the same. And they should be recognized .

November 12, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  308. Isadora

First, I would like to start with a thank you. Thank you for making the people who aren't out in the battle field, feel safer here in our home we call The United States of America. Thank you for putting your lives in danger to make this a better country. Being a veteran, someone who has been in the military, or gone to war, or served some kind if position in the army, navy, marines etc, all risk their lives, but they are the most unselfish people. Thinking of others more them themselves. Even after it gets tough there is hope.

I would also like to say that those veteran's who have died from World War II. The cold war, the war that is going on in Iraq, and the so many wars have happen in this world, I would like to say that all you are in our thoughts. You have been very brave, and will be remembered from now until the end of times. Thank you for all the women and men. We appreciate you, and honor you in your respect.

November 13, 2009 at 7:16 am |
  309. breanna

I JUST LIKE TO THANK ALL OF THE VERTERANS. tHEY WERE SO BRAVE TO PROTECT OUR COUNTRY tHANK YOU FOR FIGHTING FOR OUR COUNTRY. THEY ARE OUR HEROES. THANK YOU AGAIN VERTERANS!!!!

November 13, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  310. kris

the soldiers are really important to our country. they risk their lives to save lives

November 13, 2009 at 12:11 pm |
  311. Shadow

I'm happy that we have people who want to serve strangers. Even work with them in a strange country with other strange things going on around them ( I guess strange is my fav. word now! 🙂 ). My brother is in the Airforce and he was in South Korea for a while. He was never in combat, but he told me he was always physicly and mentally prepared if he was attacked. Sadly though some people aren't as lucky as him. I always pray for the soldiers and the veterans who have family in war. Being on this subject reminds me of the Walmart commercial with the boy asking santa something for his dad in war. It goes to his dad in pakastan with snowflakes swirling around them. I find that sweet, so I made cards and sent beanie babies for them. I hope they know they are always special no matter where they are on earth. GOD BLESS THEM, EVERYONE! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

November 13, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  312. Jedd

I think it is very important for us to celebrate Veterans's Day

November 13, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  313. Alexus

I just want to thank al the veterans for protecting our country.The American soldiers risk their lives every day for us and deserve to be respected.They don't get to see their families because they're too busy helping us out.THANKS TO ALL OUR VETERANS!

November 13, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  314. joshua

i would like to solute my history teacher

November 16, 2009 at 3:12 pm |
  315. julia

i would like to say thank you to my papa, my uncle, and my 2 cousins who were in the army. i miss and love them very much. one of my best friends josh is coming back from iran in xmas and i cant wait to see him. they all have done great things and i am forever great full.

November 19, 2009 at 12:27 pm |
  316. Amani

I respect all military men and women. Whether there on the front lines or anywhere else.They give up their lives everyday to protect America.

November 19, 2009 at 7:14 pm |
  317. Brittany

Veterans day means a lot to me. My grandfather served with air force and i commend many of our Veterans for what they have done in our generations. It means a lot to me that all of these men and women are on the front line and defending America, for us to have the fight to live. So thank you very much for all the hard work over the years.

November 20, 2009 at 2:34 pm |
  318. Claire

My grandfather was in the Iraq war and retired three years ago. I think it is an important and admirable proffession. I think it is great that all these people my age think so too!!

November 21, 2009 at 12:39 am |
  319. Max

SSGT Mark H. Army Iraq, John "Jack" D. Marines WW2 Pacific,
    Joesph M. Marines P.O.W. WW1 and to all the others in my family that have ever fought

November 22, 2009 at 8:24 pm |
  320. Suesan

I would i like to thank everyone that helped in 9/11 and also everyone that helped in any wars we have had back then. If it wasnt for them the country wouldnt be the same! THANK YOU VETERANS !!!

November 24, 2009 at 1:17 pm |
  321. shanika

WELL.. i have lots of family that has jonied the army... so i'm very thankful...it's great that they have their own special day... because they should they have done alot for this country.....

November 24, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  322. cathy

i think that the veterans deserve the credit!
    They worked hard and deserve all the respect that they get. Some people don't show respect because they don' t realize how much he veterans help our nation.

November 24, 2009 at 7:31 pm |
  323. carlin

I do not know yes and no

December 3, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  324. Randy

good

December 3, 2009 at 9:09 pm |
  325. sarah

I think charging the parents is good and bad. Its good because I may encourage parents to be more involved. Its bad because what if the parent is involved, make sure he or her gets on the bus but the child is the one running off and skipping school?

December 3, 2009 at 10:02 pm |
  326. Breanna

Thanks veterans!!! You guy's are awesome!!

December 4, 2009 at 11:51 pm |
  327. kayla

I think that parents should pay the fin for their kids skipping school. Kids shouldn't be skipping school in the first place. What if they miss something important and then they come to school the next day and found out that something had happend and they had to be a part of it.

December 5, 2009 at 8:05 pm |