.
November 3rd, 2009

Moral Dilemma?

What would you do?

I know a lot of you are past the age of trick-or-treating, but I still want your opinion on this.

Let's say you've just rung every doorbell in the neighborhood, gotten enough candy to fill a dump truck, and stumbled home to eat it.  You spill out chocolates and mints and gum and candy corn on the kitchen table, and something shiny catches your eye:  Gleaming among all the brightly colored wrappers is a three-diamond, anniversary ring.  It's as surprising to see as it is beautiful to look at.  Maybe you even try it on to see how it fits.

Then, the next day on the news, you hear about a woman who thinks the ring accidentally slipped off her finger while she was handing out candy.  She's in good spirits, but the ring holds both sentimental and monetary value, and the woman is hoping and praying she gets it back.

Now it's on you:  You know you've got it, and you know it's worth something, and you know who lost it.  What do you do?

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Sarah

To be quit honest i believe most kids would not even bother returning the ring. I would return the ring, but the moral compasses of my generation is far below parr I'm sorry to say.

November 3, 2009 at 8:38 pm |
  2. Kayla

I would definitely return it. That would be wrong in a lot of ways to keep something that you know isn't yours. I hate it when people aren't honest about stuff like that!

November 3, 2009 at 8:40 pm |
  3. Noel

i would give the ring back. its not mine, its hers. its not that hard

November 3, 2009 at 8:41 pm |
  4. Brandon

I would most definitely go to the woman's home and give her the ring. A good deed is always rewarded later in life.

November 3, 2009 at 8:42 pm |
  5. Jon

I would return it because if I happened to lose a ring I would want it back. Wouldn't you?

November 3, 2009 at 8:43 pm |
  6. amanda

well i would give it back. its the right thing to do.

November 3, 2009 at 8:45 pm |
  7. molly

personally i would return it because honestly the ring means nothing to me. and if i did cash it in then i would only give me a few moments of joy and then i would feel guilty about it and by that time there would be no way of getting the ring back and id be in more trouble than if i had just retuned the ring in the first place. and who knows the woman may have offered you money for returning the ring

November 3, 2009 at 8:52 pm |
  8. Morgan

Of course you would give it back! You never know, maybe she'll give you a reward for finding it AND you get publicity!

November 3, 2009 at 9:00 pm |
  9. MEREDYTH

I would definetly give it back. If you lost your WEDDING or ENGAGEMENT ring wouldn't you want it back. That's something big. Now if I found a $50 bill on the ground I wouldn't go around looking for whos it was. rings are important things. GIVE IT BACK, is my vote!!!

November 3, 2009 at 9:01 pm |
  10. Jo Ann

Rings are important. For most things I wouldn't give it back. but a wedding of engagement ring, come on, seriously.

November 3, 2009 at 9:03 pm |
  11. Sawyer

I would absolutely give it back it would be stealing if i did not.

November 3, 2009 at 9:10 pm |
  12. Peter

I honestly would give it back and I would tell the person that lost to keep it safe because some people these days would probably keep it and try to make money off of it.

November 3, 2009 at 9:37 pm |
  13. Lynda

Well if its valuable and she gave it to me on accident i should give it back but lots of people would most likely keep it and cash it
    and since it apparently means a lot to her i would give it back to her

November 3, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  14. Beki

I would call the lady, and ask her to give me a description of the ring. and if it fitted the description i would give it back.

November 3, 2009 at 10:19 pm |
  15. Jared

I would return the ring. Honesty is the best policy as they say. Also if I lost my sports watch I would be frantic and I would want it back and hope someone loyal found it. Last, I think anybody who would keep it (and they know who they are) should be ashamed of themselves because it is just wrong not to give it back.

November 3, 2009 at 10:32 pm |
  16. Stephi

Give it back of course. I've never cared for jewelery, and my family isn't in a tight spot yet.

I wouldn't return it if I didn't know who it was probably because I wouldn't have cared much about it. But Since I do know whose it is, I'd probably just hand it back.

November 3, 2009 at 10:54 pm |
  17. Joey

If I were this person, from a financial standpoint, I would wait until there is a reward and than give it back to the owner and take the money, but if I was willing to be generous than I would give it back.

November 3, 2009 at 10:57 pm |
  18. Matthew

I believe the best thing to do would be to return it. If I lost a ring that was special to me, I know that I would hope that someone would return it. I would definitely give it back.

November 3, 2009 at 11:29 pm |
  19. Juniper

I would definitely return it to the rightful owner. And I think most kids will do so too(eventually). This is children we're talking about, not adults! Even people who say they'll keep it will give it back if this incident acturlly happened to them-at least everyone I know.

November 4, 2009 at 4:10 am |
  20. Claire

People should defintally return anything that wasn't theirs. Other people are buying candy for you, then you should give something back. The woman lost her ring so someone should be nice and give the ring. If I had lost something I would really want it back

November 4, 2009 at 10:00 am |
  21. alex

if that ring was lost and i had it i would definitley return it to the owner. if the lost ring was mine i would really want it back and if she lost it i think she should get it back instead of kids hiding it from her.

November 4, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  22. Joshua

I would return the ring because if can be very persious to that person. And it is the right thing to do. Also that woman is probally really upset and bummed that she lost it. She would be happy if you returned it. I would go with trying to find that person to return it.

November 4, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  23. John

i would give it back, and ask for more candy

November 4, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  24. Brittany

I think that I would return the ring, because If I was the one that lost the ring I would want someone to return It to me. Especially If I knew who It belonged to.

November 4, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  25. Bill

November 4, 2009 at 10:55 am |
  26. Kathryn

I would give it back because it has a meaning to the people it belongs to. It has no meaning to me and if it happend to me i would hope that the person who had it would return the favor. For something this meaningful to them they would probably give u a reward too.

November 4, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  27. Wildcats

We believe that the ring should be returned. We are deciding to be this because if it was us we would want someone to return it to us. The ring means more to this woman then it means to us.

November 4, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  28. Adam

Give it back, definetly.

November 4, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  29. Seaeun

Everyone knows that it is the right thing to return the ring, but do you think anyone would be kind enough to do it? Well, there would be, but this situation is like bullies on anti-bullying day, for example. On the day of anti- bullying event, bullies say, bullying is wrong, and all that stuff, but they still bully people. But fighting myself, I would not act like a bully I said in my situation.Because it would be stealing, not to return the ring, and as everyone knows, stealing is bad.

November 4, 2009 at 11:35 am |
  30. Nicholas

If I find a diamond ring in my trick or treat bag I would go to the police and tell them I found a diamond ring in my bag. And see if they can find the person who had that ring and try to give it back to that person and probe thank me for it.

November 4, 2009 at 11:39 am |
  31. derek

if i had the ring i would give it back if they had a reward but if not im going to the pawn shop

November 4, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  32. Amy

I would take the ring if i found it in my bag and I would sell it for some mula! I wouldn't know who to return it to so i might as well just keep it.

November 4, 2009 at 11:41 am |
  33. howard

i would return the ring even if was my friends ring i would not keep it never

November 4, 2009 at 11:42 am |
  34. Renee

Truthfully i wouldn't return the ring. I believe that if the women is smart enough to wear the ring after realizing its to loose on her finger than she should have taken it off in the first place. A women knows when she shouldn't wear her things and the appropriate time to wear them. If I had the ring, i would take it to her and expect an reward. If she didn't give me the reward i would turn around and take it to a pawn shop and sell her ring. i'd make some money off her 3 stoned diamond. 🙂

November 4, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  35. paul

If I had the ring I would give it to one of those cash for gold jewelry store.

November 4, 2009 at 11:45 am |
  36. jess

I would return it because if it was very speacial to them then be devistated or something or truly hurt.)

November 4, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  37. Faustina

I would return the ring because it is the wife's anaversery ring and that is marking something special to her so I say that whoever has that ring should return it AS SOON AS POSIBLE.

November 4, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  38. Jessica

I would go to that house and give that ring back because I know I would want my diamond ring.

November 4, 2009 at 12:12 pm |
  39. Sara

For anyone to just keep that ring and not even take it back is just horrible. I know my mom felt horrible when she lost her wedding ring.
    And she was so glad when she found it. Even if they take it back they shouldn't expect a reward they should be happy to return that woman's wedding ring.

November 4, 2009 at 12:16 pm |
  40. Bowser

I would return the ring because I would feel sorry for the person who lost it.

November 4, 2009 at 12:21 pm |
  41. Nikita

I would give it back to the person becuase it is nice

November 4, 2009 at 12:22 pm |
  42. Julianna

I would todally return it because it's not mine and I didn't pay for it.I would feel really bad if I kept it and I would feel good retuning it.

November 4, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  43. matt

I would never give it back because it would be worthabout half of a million dollars and i really really really love money and coins so much that i would probaly marry an 1,000,000 dollar bill.

November 4, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  44. matthew

I would give it back becaue it is the right thing to do

November 4, 2009 at 12:35 pm |
  45. nathan

I would give it back because its very important to them and if you cashed it in you would feel really bad after it

November 4, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  46. Braxton

I think that I would probly return the ring. But how do we know that we would do what we say we would do?

November 4, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  47. Samantha

I would return the ring because I am a nice person. Also, it is probably something special and I wouldn't want anyone taking something of mine. It is the wife's aniversery gift so I would give it back.

November 4, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  48. kirby with guns

me would keep ring for one day then i would probuly feal gulty and give it back

November 4, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  49. Marrissa

I believe that anyone that knows who lost a ring and has the ring should retourn it because it values to some one. It is a valuable possession to that woman. that is the right thing to do and the smart thing to do.

November 4, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  50. matt

i would return thre ring because it is the right thing to do

November 4, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  51. Liza

I think that if you have the ring you should return the ring because it is a wedding ring and it is very important to the woman. That is what I would do.

November 4, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  52. Joe

I would give it back because it is special to those people and because it is an anaversery ring.

November 4, 2009 at 12:42 pm |
  53. wade

if you didn't return the ring and the authorities find out that you have it, you face criminal charges.

November 4, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  54. Nathan

I would be hard to know what to do. But what if you lost a ring how would you do.

November 4, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  55. sam

if you didn't return the ring and the authorities find out that you have it, you could be indited

November 4, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  56. Nathan

I would be hard to know what to do. But what if you lost a ring how would you heal. Bad or Good?

November 4, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  57. Julie

well of course i would return it its not any old ring its a diamond annavirsery ring so it is very expensive

November 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  58. Nathan

It would be hard to know what to do. But what if you lost a ring how would you heal. Bad or Good?

November 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm |

Well I would try to find the owner of the ring, but if no one has claimed it. Than i would have kept it, or give it to someone as a present, maybe..... =)

November 4, 2009 at 12:50 pm |
  60. Dausen and Hayden

We think that we should return it ,but we hope for a reward and a thanks

November 4, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  61. Dalton and Evan

We think people should return it

November 4, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  62. Cole and Andrew

I think you should return it and if you get a reward that would be great

Our blessings and hopes to the lady

November 4, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  63. Katelyn

I would return the ring. It is just wrong to keep something that is not yours.

November 4, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  64. Dalton and Evan

Who ever has it should GIVE IT BACK NOW.

November 4, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  65. Lyndsi

I think that most people would keep the ring because it's probably worth a lot of money. I personally would deciede to give it back, even if it's worth a lot.

November 4, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  66. Dausen and Hayden

RETURN THE RING is the right thing 2 do. YOU CANT REPLACE A RING .
    i IS VEEEERY VALUABLE TO HER

WE HOPE YOU GET YOUR RING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 4, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  67. colton and joey

If we found the ring we would return the diomand ring because it is the right thing to do and it is valueble and she would appreceate our kindness.Some rings cost a fortune like hers.please mention us on cnn student news. your ausome Carlasuse.if i spelt it wrong,dont get to exited.

November 4, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  68. Cole and Andrew

I would give it back maybe but it would have to be a pretty ugly ring.
    I might feel a little guilty but really who cares it was only a 3000 dollar ring
    i hope you dont find it and somebody cashes it in
    to mrs. lady

November 4, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  69. Dausen and Hayden

give it back NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW

November 4, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  70. Audry

I wouldnt keep something that nice from somebody who it means alot to .p.s. you rock Carl Azuz

November 4, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  71. blessing

i would give the ring back. NOT!

November 4, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  72. Daniel

I would give back the ring because I do not like stealing .

November 4, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  73. ALYSSA

Though it is a DIMOND RING, it is still very preshous.I would return it right away!!!

I would be so STUPID to not return it !!!!!!!!!!!!**

November 4, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  74. caitlin

that is so sad that she lost her ring hopefully the person that got it returned it and is not gready

November 4, 2009 at 2:49 pm |
  75. Michael

I would give it back because it is worth some money and it is worth a lot to her. Also it would be hard to hide it from my parents.

November 4, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  76. alana

if i was the person with the ring what i would what i do is give it back because maybe it wasa 5,000 dollar ring .

November 4, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  77. alana

and if i did not give it back iwould be called a steeler

November 4, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  78. Drew

Since I am a boy I have no use for it so I would just return it.

November 4, 2009 at 3:07 pm |
  79. kasey

i would not keep the ring. Because it would not fit and dimonds coast alot of money. if i lost a dimond ring i am sure i would want someone to bring it back. Thats just my opinion.

November 4, 2009 at 3:07 pm |
  80. Sophia

my opinion is that you should return it because it is her WEDDING WING! it's like a memory from her wedding.

November 4, 2009 at 3:07 pm |
  81. ally

if i was the kid who got the ring i would,go to my mom and tell her i got the ring the ring the woman lost. so then we would go to the womans house and say " by accident when you gave me candy your ring fell into my bag." 🙂

November 4, 2009 at 3:08 pm |

If i were the person that got the ring in my trick or treat bag I would call the person up that lose the ring and say I found your missing ring when is a good time to give it back to you and then I would meet up with that person and give back their ring because it is probally important to them

November 4, 2009 at 3:10 pm |
  83. max

maybe she could remember where did she put the ring.

November 4, 2009 at 3:15 pm |
  84. 6A Ms. Spivey Social Studies

The majority of my class voted that they would return the ring, two said they were not sure. ( Their mothers will be disappointed). After discussing the situation in small groups this is the overall feeling, that returning the ring to the rightful owner without reward, except for the two that were not sure, they want to know how much. Sad right.

November 4, 2009 at 3:33 pm |
  85. Dreyiss

i would keep it and then sell it

November 4, 2009 at 3:36 pm |
  86. michelle

i would give the ring back to the owner bcause it is out of kindness when you give something back that is not your

November 4, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  87. Carter

Most kid would probably not even know what to do with the ring if they found it. they would probably tell there parents. if not carma will ceach up with them.

November 4, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  88. Todd

I would keep it, because lets face it, you may want to do the right thing and return it, but there are many more out there that would not, so I wouldn't feel TOO bad about keeping it, I mean, I would feel good about having a vintage diamond ring!

November 4, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  89. jason

if it was me i don't care i would of kept it and soled it ill take the few months of joy and not care after words and hopefully she gets another one some day. but if she really thinks that your fingers shrink when it gets cold she should of taken it off

November 4, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  90. mathew

first off I'd panic about it and then loose it on purpose so I'm not sure!

November 4, 2009 at 3:41 pm |
  91. George

I whould give it back if this happend to me and I did have it. It whould be worng if you knew all this and never gave it back. I whouldn't count it as stealing though it was an accident.

November 4, 2009 at 3:50 pm |
  92. stephanie

I would have returned it becuase 1.It was real and it coust a lot of money. 2.It is all over the news. 3. It was a special gift. and 4. It is not mine. I hope whoever has it will return it.

November 4, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  93. big z

Give it back!!! It's not yours. What do you expect a kid to do with a diamond ring? Sell it on ebay? If I found a 20, finders keepers, but a ring marks an event in somebody's life

November 4, 2009 at 4:17 pm |
  94. Nick

If I had the ring I would return it because I would feel guilty and nervous.

November 4, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  95. mckayla

If Ifound that ring, I would immediately find the owner to return the ring because if I lost a very extravagant ring I would very much want it back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 4, 2009 at 4:30 pm |
  96. Emma

if i had the ring in my candy bag i probably would'nt know if it was real or not , so i would go to parents for help but if i did know it was real and it belonged to someone in my neighborhood i bring back because that ring was EXPENSIVE.

November 4, 2009 at 4:37 pm |
  97. Michael

I would return the ring. I don't really want a ring.I would return the ring because I know were she lives and if I lost somthing I would hope that the person who found it would return it

November 4, 2009 at 4:45 pm |

If I was the person who had the ring in my treat bag I would want to try to give it back to the person who lost it . I dont want to have a diamond ring because I'm too young. I would tell the cops that I had a diamond ring in my treat bag and tell them to tell everybody in the town that a kid had a lost diamond ring in his treat bag and if you lost it we will give it back to you.

November 4, 2009 at 4:49 pm |
  99. Emily :)

i would try to give it back because if you think about it if you were the person who had the ring that would be a really scary moment !!!!!!!!

November 4, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  100. McKenna

i would dump my candy out and see something as shiny as that i would either think it was a chocolate ring or try to find the owner of the ring and i"m shore the person is trying to find the owner of the ring but can't . because when I go trick or treating i don't pay any attention to the people and there address.

November 4, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  101. Kayla

I would definetly return the ring to the owner....after all if I lost my wedding ring I would certainly want it back.

November 4, 2009 at 4:55 pm |
  102. justin

I would return the ring because it was her ring. First I would ask somebody if they got it and it's most likely not to say yes so I would go to a jewlery store and ask if somebody bought a three diamand ring.

November 4, 2009 at 4:56 pm |
  103. Shane

I would give it back because it is important to the woman. She is strong because she doesn't cry about it being misplased.

November 4, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  104. jenlu

I would try to find the owner and then return it. If I could not find the owner then I would go back to the town that I went trick or treating in and ring each door bell again or bring it to the police.

November 4, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  105. JESSEK

I would give it back because it's alot of money and she owns it and she probaly wants really badly.

November 4, 2009 at 5:21 pm |
  106. nancy

if i had the ring i would give it back. its just wrong to keep it. my mom lost hers a few years ago and never got it back. so i know how it feels. so i say GIVE THE RING BACK IF YOU HAVE IT!!!!! IF YOU DONT AND YOU GET COUGHED YOULL REALLY GET IN TROBLE!!!!!

November 4, 2009 at 5:37 pm |
  107. Brandon

i would hit up CNN student news say that I have in fact found the ring and ask how I should go about returning it. I would also tell that lady that her prayers were heard and that there are some good hearted people out there and to have a nice day.

November 4, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  108. Jack

I would return the ring because the wedding ring is probably special to her.

November 4, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  109. Jared

I would give it back because what if you lost a ring while you were handing out candy? The ring is of significance to that woman and it doesn't mean anything to me.

November 4, 2009 at 5:53 pm |
  110. Damian

i would give back the ring not because of my morals or i would but mostly because of the fact that a ring is usually registered and even i i tried to sell it i would get arrested and thats not worth

November 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  111. Thomas

I feel that a ring, especially an anniversary ring, is one of the most important things to most people, and that it would be wrong to keep her memories, and yes, money, away from her.

November 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  112. George

I would return the ring because i will feel bad to have something that is not mine.

November 4, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  113. sarah

If I found a wedding ring in my bag with my candy, the next day I would go to every house and try to return it to its rightful owner, and if nobody clames it, I then keep it.

November 4, 2009 at 6:21 pm |
  114. sarah

If I found a wedding ring in my bag with my candy, the next day I would go to every house and try to return it to its rightful owner.

November 4, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  115. nicholas

I would Definetly give back the ring because if you lost something wouldn't you want it back like if you had a favorite toy and you lost it
    just think how it will feel's to lose a wedding ring. Also why i would give it back because it is not mine its the womens and you know that.

November 4, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  116. joey

i would bring it back because it might belong to someone who past away or a special thing that happened.

November 4, 2009 at 6:40 pm |
  117. gabi

I would give the ring back because it's not mine. I would want to keep it but I still give it back because the lady is looking for it and will probably be sad if she doesn't get it back. Lots of people would keep it because its a 3 DIAMOND RING! Who wouldn't want to keep it! If somebody looses something that isn't yours, you should return it. It's not necessary to keep something that's not yours. Sadly, people do that in this world. Even I do.

November 4, 2009 at 7:07 pm |
  118. Jayla

if I found a dimond ring in my candy bag I would return it to the person because it is very valuble and inportant to the person.

November 4, 2009 at 7:18 pm |
  119. emily

I would return the ring because it's just the right thing to do and you might get a reward.

November 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm |
  120. Arnav

I think if I would of found it I would return it because if I lost a possession of mine i would feel horible like the time I lost my favorite toy.

November 4, 2009 at 7:27 pm |
  121. Angelagh

I would dump out my candy when I get home and I would see the shiny diamond ring. I would try to return it to the owner of the diamond ring because if I was the owner of that ring I would want someone to return it back to me.

November 4, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  122. Kimberly

If I got a ring when I was trick or treating, I would think that it was fake,someone gave out fake rings instead of candy,because I wouldn't have thought it fell off someone's finger. So I wouldn't have returned it.

November 4, 2009 at 8:20 pm |
  123. MIP

I would not keep the ring if I knew who it belonged to because I would feel guilty hearing all the talk about it knowing I have it. When I am older if I lost a ring, I would hope someone would return it to me.

November 4, 2009 at 8:25 pm |
  124. Alyce

I would return the ring. That ring may be big and beautiful but it also means a lot to that woman. I believe that it would be just plain wrong to keep that ring. Whoever has that ring should return it. You reap what you sow. It's karma.

November 4, 2009 at 8:33 pm |
  125. JAZZY!

I would return it because the woman will be sad and I would be stealing

November 4, 2009 at 8:33 pm |
  126. hannah

i would return the ring because the person who lost it would be very sad if they lost a really expencive ring. if i ever lost my ring, then i would want it back.

November 4, 2009 at 9:01 pm |
  127. Deva

I would definitely try to find this lady because I understand how much money that ring must cost and since it is an anniversary ring it must mean so much to her. I think that there are a lot of things that would go by the rule of finders keepers loosers weepers, but in this situation I would surely find her and give it back. However, if I or any other kid had a different situation, for example, they were very poor or needed or wanted something extravagant, then it would be a very hard decision. I would have to think very, very hard about my thinking and decide if it was really was appropriate to keep it or not, or if it was something I really needed. I feel very bad for this lady and I hope she can get her ring back.

November 4, 2009 at 9:43 pm |
  128. stel

I would definitely, definitely, definitely give the ring back to that poor woman. I mean, seriously, what could I do with it??? If I turned it in for money at some store or something, wouldn't people get suspicious if a girl started to run around with a expensive-looking three-diamond ring?

November 4, 2009 at 9:56 pm |
  129. Christina

I honestly do not think kids would give back the ring. Some people consider others feeling and would return the ring, but other people are just selfish. To be honest, I would give back the ring because I would put myself in that women's shoes, and I know that ring is means a lot to her and is very special.

November 4, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  130. Nathanael

I would return it because for starter's it's not mine and what would I do with something that valuable.You could sell it on ebay but the way our economy is right now I don't think anyone deserves to lose money.Plus if you keep it then that would be stealing somebody else's property. I would give it back if I were that person!

November 4, 2009 at 10:38 pm |
  131. Frankie

I would give the ring back because if someone 's like "Finders keepers loosers weepers", then they are rude and selfish, and shouldn't be trusted.

November 4, 2009 at 10:47 pm |
  132. LR

My opinion is that if you find something as valuable as that ring, you should return it. If one were to lose an expensive item that not only has sentimental value but dollar as well, they would definitely want that item back. It's the same thing with me. If I ever lost something valuable, I'd want it back. So it's the common "golden rule" situation here.

November 4, 2009 at 11:53 pm |
  133. stephanie

I would return it otherwise I would feel guilty and the person who lost it would be really sad . Not returning it is actually an option that makes both feel miserable.

November 5, 2009 at 1:04 am |
  134. CAitIE

I would return it because if i were the person who lost the ring i would be upset and hoping that if some does have the ring thay did not sell it

November 5, 2009 at 9:18 am |
  135. Zach

I would return the ring.This ring is very important to her and I wouldnt be happy if i lost my ring and couldnt find it.

November 5, 2009 at 9:49 am |
  136. Vikki

I would give it to the women who lost it. It may be worth something, but it belongs to somebody.

November 5, 2009 at 9:49 am |
  137. Jillian

Honesly, I would want to keep it very much, but I couldn't. It wouldn't be the right thing to do. I would go and find the lady who lost the ring and give it back to her. Maybe I might get a reward for doing the right thing after all.

November 5, 2009 at 9:52 am |
  138. Marco

Why wouldn't you return the ring if it is an anniversary ring.That ring might have some significance to the person.

November 5, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  139. Ulysses

If I found the ring I would give it back to the orginal owner and if the person doesn't find it in 6 months than I would put it on e-bay.
    Bye

November 5, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  140. Elizabeth

I love your show what would you do caral. i wouldn't return the ring because the person wouldn't know

November 5, 2009 at 10:55 am |
  141. Joseph

Ask other people if they know were it is or forget about it

November 5, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  142. kris

i would have kept the ring i wouldnt know it hers

November 5, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  143. Kaytie

I would return the ring, because the ring could be a gfit from someone, or maybe a wedding ring. You could never really know. I would go to the local police station and ask if someone reported a missing ring, and give it to them to see if they could find the person the ring belonged to. Our generation should be more honest when it comes to returning stolen or lost things. It's a disgrace to me when the teenagers, in my area ,steal or won't give back anything they would find. It's just....disgusting and not natural.~

November 5, 2009 at 12:10 pm |
  144. anoymous

i would return the ring right away. if you wait to long it is considered stealing

November 5, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  145. Emily

I would probably want to return the ring back because it is valuable to the woman and it would be nice.

November 5, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  146. bar

If I found that ring, I would find the owner to return the ring because if I lost a very extravagant ring I would very much want it back !!

November 5, 2009 at 12:34 pm |
  147. dj

i would return the ring because if it was your ring in someone's halloween candy bag i know i would really want it back. Even if i didn't know the address i would e-mail to you saying that i found the ring even if i was on the other side of thw world.

November 5, 2009 at 2:32 pm |
  148. Michelle

I would give it back because If I lost my wedding ring I would want the person who found it to give it back too me too. Its called good karma. 🙂

November 5, 2009 at 3:05 pm |
  149. Noah

iwould definetly return it because if I lost a special ring that was dimond I would want it backed so then that why i would return the ring to its owner who actually owned it. by the way what would a kid do with the ring anyways.(besides trading it in)

November 5, 2009 at 5:41 pm |
  150. Brianne

I'd definitely return it–it's not yours, and keeping it would technically be stealing, not to mention you know who it belongs to and where to return it. It has sentimental value to somebody else...if I lost my ring, I'd want it back.

November 5, 2009 at 5:48 pm |
  151. Claire

I would return the ring back to the woman because the ring would be expensive and I would be sad if I lost the ring. Also I would be sad if I know the ring would be out somewere and people might not return it. I think it would be right to return it.

November 5, 2009 at 6:06 pm |
  152. Koty

i would only return it, maybe if there was a reward, or i would probably just keep it. maybe....

November 5, 2009 at 6:49 pm |
  153. lara

I will return the ring

November 5, 2009 at 7:33 pm |
  154. Lindsay

WOW! That was an oquard question to ask. But it was a great question.

November 5, 2009 at 7:52 pm |
  155. cody

I would keep the ring because then i would have some money and then i would split the money in half when I sell it to the person who it belongs to.

November 5, 2009 at 8:25 pm |
  156. Rachel

If I found the ring I would give it back because that is the right thing to do.

November 5, 2009 at 8:40 pm |
  157. Jayme

A person should do the right thing and return the ring. How would you like it if you had lost a ring and no one returned to you? The diamond ring is very important it seems, so it wouldn't be right to keep the ring. It's just selfish, though it might be a shock to find a diamond ring in your Halloween goodie bag.

November 6, 2009 at 9:45 am |
  158. Jessica

I would return it because if I lost mine I would want someone to return it back to me! Also because they would probably have a reward and an engagment ring wouldn't be important to me but very important to the person who it belongs to.

November 6, 2009 at 9:48 am |
  159. angelica

that would be so amazing. i would definately return it after i found out who it belonged to. But how would you find out without having people lie bout it?

November 6, 2009 at 10:33 am |
  160. ryan

If I were him I would have wore the Air Jordan's.

November 6, 2009 at 2:20 pm |
  161. Jedd

I think that you should return the ring and be honest. Besides, you could get a reward.

November 6, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  162. Chirag

Off course i would return it because it is all over the news. you are bound to be ccaught if you keep it but I would return it no matter what because I do not posses it the lady does.

November 6, 2009 at 2:46 pm |
  163. Marina

I would return the ring because it is the right thing to do.I would still return it even if there was no rewarad.

November 6, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  164. Lauren

I think that if i found it then i would give it back because you never know what it would be for like an engagment ring or how much it would cost so GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 6, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  165. John

I don't know if i would give it back because I wouldn't know who it belonged to...if someone called and asked if we found a ring then i would give it back but it all depends.

November 6, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  166. Dan

I would return the ring becouse ...........I HATE RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 6, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  167. Katherine

i would give it back. it's not mine and it's not like i don't know who it belongs to now. Though it was kind of silly of her to not take the ring off, but it's not mine to keep.

November 6, 2009 at 3:01 pm |
  168. Ashlynn

I would wear the Air Jordan's.

November 6, 2009 at 3:17 pm |
  169. Jake

If you happen to have the ring then you should return it. You shouldn't keep an item that doesn't belong to you. When you return the ring not only will it make the woman happy that she found her ring but it will also be the right thing to do.

November 7, 2009 at 4:43 pm |
  170. Shemar

I would be very generous to return the ring back to the lady. Karma alsways comes back aroung and I wouldn't be able to live with the thought that I took a woman's anniversary ring.

November 9, 2009 at 8:59 am |
  171. hasans

I would definetely turn back the ring.I think it is not important it's worthy maybe you found a simple stuff but If you keep sth is not belong to you.One day If you go through diffucult situation then you think it happens because you did wrong thing past....

November 9, 2009 at 12:35 pm |
  172. Chris

i would return the ring because it might be someone else"s.

November 9, 2009 at 2:42 pm |
  173. Joey

I would keep the ring. I'd keep it because when you trick or treat what is put into your candy bag or pillow case is your's.

November 10, 2009 at 12:01 pm |
  174. Katya

I would have so returned the ring!! First of all, I did not buy it and I know that someone there misses it and hopes to get it back then I would return it.

November 10, 2009 at 12:18 pm |
  175. Ryan

I would return the ring back to the owner. To me thats the rite thing to do. Maybe i would want the ring but you have to do whats right. If i gave it back me and the owner would be happy becuase, i wouldnt get in any legal trouble and she would get her ring back 🙂

November 11, 2009 at 9:54 am |
  176. Storm

man that junk would be in the pawn shop before she even knew it was gone!!!

November 13, 2009 at 10:50 am |
  177. Kennedy

I would return the ring to it's owner. cause that ring was very important to her. i would want to have my ring back if it was mine. 😀

November 13, 2009 at 6:57 pm |
  178. Jessica

I'd give it back. It's her ring, and obviously it's going to hold a lot of happy memories.

November 15, 2009 at 8:36 pm |
  179. sami

i would return the ring. I would feel horrible knowing that there is someone who knows its lost and is looking for it. : )

November 19, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  180. Ambria

I am the type of person that would return what someone lost

November 19, 2009 at 8:53 pm |
  181. Julian

I think no because it's stupid and non resourceful. All this would tell america is that if you want to enjoy anything good you have to pay extra. It's ridiculous that this country over prices and over pays on everything else we want GIVE US SOMETHING FOR FREE FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!!

November 20, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  182. Julian

I think no because it's stupid and non resourceful. All this would tell america is that if you want to enjoy anything good you have to pay extra. It's ridiculous that this country over prices and over pays on everything else we want GIVE US SOMETHING FOR FREE FOR ONCE!!!!!!!!!

November 20, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  183. Suesan

I would give her the ring back, but when i go to return it I would be looking for her to give me something like money, because i didnt have to return it.

November 20, 2009 at 1:18 pm |
  184. Yolande

I would give it back because karma comes around both good and bad. So I know if i return the ring then I would get something even better in return

November 20, 2009 at 1:29 pm |
  185. shanika

WOW!! i would have to say i don't know because if it's in your hands then you would be thinking totally different. so mostly likely i can't live with that on my heart so i would have to return it!!!

November 20, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  186. HERB

I would be able to keep it but everyone has a conscience which causes them to think twice on the choice. I would of course want to keep it, but imagine if you sold it and the teller that your selling to ALSO saw the news and said they wont take it. Overall, you understand what im saying, but if it were in the end up to me. I'd have to be a man about it and keep it. lolz

November 20, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  187. Chelsea

I would give the ring back even if it did cost a fortune. Think of it this way, if you lost something very special to you and you lost it, wouldn't you want it returned to you? If you don't then you have some serious issues. You should always treat others as you want to be treated, thats what we've been thought since we were four years old. I'm sure if something meant that much to someone and they lost it, if someone were to find it for them I'm sure they would offer a reward of some kind. So the moral of the story is, give it back to who it belongs to and you will be rewarded, if not then your just some greedy person.

November 20, 2009 at 2:41 pm |
  188. cody

I think that is a great question to ask. it shows how many people you can trust and the people that you can not. it tells you that not every on out there is as honest as u may think that they are. i would return the ring i know how it feels to lose something not once but twice. the first time i was lucky i got what i lost back. the second time i was not i got more than $400 took from me plus my id which clearly said my name and address all over it. so if your anyone comes across that type of situation so the right thing and think what it would feel like if that was you.

November 20, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  189. Keri

I would give the ring back to her, because if you were to put yourself in the other person shoes you would want them to give it back to you. If you lost something like that it would greatly devastate you. I think if your just honest then you will live a better life. If you wouldn't give it back to her then your simply just a theft.

November 20, 2009 at 2:49 pm |
  190. TANNiA

To be honest i would think twice about giving it back to her i mean HELLO! is a diamond ring i can do alot with that..HA! but then again i would give it back who knows!

November 20, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  191. Gabby

i think this will be a good idea because our obesity rate is not the best and that this will help our society be better people and in better shape, and also healthy. 🙂

November 20, 2009 at 3:27 pm |
  192. Carson

Ok, well if I found a ring in my bag of candy, how am I supposed to know who it belongs too? What if I think I just got lucky and someone was nice enough to give me a ring or something. Then, say I sold it and THEN I found out who it belonged to.

November 23, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  193. Carolina

I would return the ring because the ring may hold a monetary value, but it belongs to someone else and if I'd have a ring or anything else for that matter, I'd like for the person who found it to give it back to me.

November 26, 2009 at 7:25 am |
  194. Sophia

you should probaly return the ring. if you won't she will be very depressed. even though it looks cool you should return it

November 30, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  195. Jordan

Referees can make mistakes just like all sports so i dont think there should be a rematch

December 1, 2009 at 9:04 am |