.
November 1st, 2009

What I Miss about Halloween

The costumes can get really creative, and the parties can be fun.  But there's a time every year when I wish I were younger, and that time is Halloween.  Why?  Because I miss trick-or-treating.

My friends and I would get the biggest pillowcases we could find and then stuff them with candy from every house in every nearby neighborhood.  We'd collect enough to last through Christmas.  Sure, it got stale after a couple weeks, but does that ever stop you from eating it?

Let us know how you spent your Halloween, wherever you spent it!

Filed under: Feedback
  1. Mary

Unfortunatly, I had to stay home and give the candy out.

November 1, 2009 at 9:53 pm |
  2. Jungeun

I wish I lived in the US. Here, in Korea (south) we don't celebrate such a thing. Only english academies celebrate them. My friend, Seung-ju say the same too-that either we go to live in US or we celebrate halloween in Korea. 🙂
    On halloween, i went to school.

November 2, 2009 at 3:42 am |
  3. Ali

This year I just went to a local grocery store and bought a bunch of candy. It was raining where i live so I really didn't miss out on much.

November 2, 2009 at 8:22 am |
  4. Sara

I spent my Halloween going to a neighborhood a few miles away and getting candy. One person even gave me a bag of pretzels!

November 2, 2009 at 9:48 am |
  5. Spongebob

My Halloween was totally awesome. I dressed up as a ninja banana. I got tons of candy and loads of compliments. Best Halloween Costume Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

November 2, 2009 at 9:50 am |
  6. Amy

I went trick-or-treating this year. Behind the firehouse in somewhere. I am not saying where in case. But anyways I went as a Hogwarts student in Slytherin. It wasn't much fun because people were running out of candy by the time we got to the place. We walked for two hours looking and got only two pounds of candy. At least i still got some!!!!
    =] =] =] =]

November 2, 2009 at 9:51 am |
  7. Abigail

I spent my Halloween trick-or-treating. Me and my friend went door-to-door snatching candy from whoever opened the door. We took her golf cart and ran over people who wouldn't get out of our way.
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

November 2, 2009 at 9:52 am |
  8. CJ

I miss getting all the candy. I once got an entire pillowcase full of candy. Now though i just sit home and eat it out of the bowl. I don't get as much but at least I don't have to dress up and walk around.

November 2, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  9. Krystina

Halloween was pretty cool. I got to hang out with my friends and of course get candy. The costumes weren't the best part, I mean I could of dressed up as myself and still got candy, but it was fun. We went on a hayride throughout the neighborhood and ate candy on the way 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 Halloween was a blast; I hope everyone had a great time!

November 2, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  10. roberta

My Halloween wasn't what i expected it to be. My original costume was left at the school because i was Halloween filming. But it was still fun. i went trick or treating with friends and got candy. 🙂 😐 😦

November 2, 2009 at 9:54 am |
  11. Morgan

I miss my candy, i ate it all last night. 😦 Now i must wait untill next year.

November 2, 2009 at 9:59 am |
  12. Kasey

Halloween was awesome! I had the best costume ever and I went Trick-or-Treating with my best friend. She came back to my house afterwards and stayed the night while we ate half the candy we had gotten. I'd say I had a pretty good Halloween.

November 2, 2009 at 9:59 am |
  13. Marshall

I miss the party that we had. I definitely do NOT miss all the walking though.

November 2, 2009 at 9:59 am |
  14. Sydney

I went to a party for a few hours for halloween, then we all went out trick-or-treating. Some hobbit dude chased us down the street and threw candy at us.

November 2, 2009 at 10:01 am |
  15. Paige

I spent my halloween hanging out at a friends, we later went trick or treating for a few hours. While some of the guys thought it would be funny to scare little kids walking by us.

November 2, 2009 at 10:02 am |
  16. Cayle

I miss the bigger candy. What happened to the reeses cups and the Twix bars. By this i mean the big ones. Whatever happened to that
    🙂

November 2, 2009 at 10:02 am |
  17. sydney

I had lots of fun on my halloween. I never think that candy goes bad because I still continue to eat it. I love this holiday and the next day I can only think about how to make the next halloween even more special.

November 2, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  18. Sierra

I agree but my candy lasts for a year. Candy is so good you cant just waist it! (:

November 2, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  19. Rebecca

This Halloween, I went trick-or-treating to a couple of houses and got some candy. I went trick-or-treating with my two friends and had a bunch of fun. I ate lots of candy and got hiper. It was fun.(:

November 2, 2009 at 11:17 am |
  20. Gianni

I spent my halloween with my friend and my couzins we sat in the back of there nissan SUV while my Uncle was driving stopping at many houses and stuffing our bags

November 2, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  21. Zoee

My Halloween was not as fun this year, I guess because I'm getting older. I used to love Halloween, but this year my neighborhood wasn't into the spirit. I had a good time with my friends.

November 2, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  22. cody

wow that is so weard i have never heard one person running for presedent.

November 2, 2009 at 11:58 am |
  23. cody

good for thosepeople that are going for that peace thing.

November 2, 2009 at 12:00 pm |
  24. Talley :)

I went trick-or-treating with my friend, Maddie, and when we were done all of the kids traded their least favorates for other ones other kids did't want, so, I trated most of my candy for my favorates! yuuumm.

November 2, 2009 at 12:02 pm |
  25. Stephen

I spent my Halloween watching the Pennstate football game against Northwestern. Then I watched the World Series until midnight. It was the first year I did not go out for candy.

November 2, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  26. joey

i spent it trick or treating poring rain and i still did it so fun how ever make sure your friends don't mug you and make sure your bagg dosn't have a hole in it

November 2, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  27. Joseph

Yes it does stop me,but anyway I don't trick or treat.

November 2, 2009 at 12:05 pm |
  28. mia

just because you get olderrrr doesnt mean you cant trick or treatt?!
    i spent my halloween in my neighborhood and everything was awesome and i loved itt just how it used to be!

November 2, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  29. Matt

My hallowween was fun. I went trick or treating in the rain. My friend was a nerd.

November 2, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  30. Mandy

We live in a equestrian neighborhood where houses are on 4-10 acres. So every year we have a hayride that takes all the neighborhood kids and their friends around to each house and then we follow-up with a big party in one of the barns with games and costumes contests and usually a haunted horse stall! It's a lot of good safe fun.

November 2, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  31. Kaili

Too me, Halloween is really fun. It's a good time for free candy and treats. And time to have parties and fun. Even if you are an adult, you can still have a party with people. And maybe sneak some treats from your kids bag 😉

November 2, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  32. Cora

On Hallowween I had a soccer game at 12:30 – 2:00. After that I had to get my costume ready. Then I went trick-or-treating. I went to my aunt's house after trick-or-treating and that was lots of fun. Some of my cousins werethere too.

November 2, 2009 at 12:33 pm |
  33. Trisha

I spent my Halloween by going to a Halloween parties and trick-or-treating with my friends. I got a lot of candy! Although my parents don't like that as much as me... they think I will get fat and get lots of cavities.... I have chocolate anyway and nothing happened to me! 🙂

November 2, 2009 at 1:05 pm |
  34. Eliza

Me and my cousins went around my neighbor hood and this one house was giving out hot dogs and candy, so we all got a halloween hotdogs and candy!

November 2, 2009 at 1:08 pm |
  35. austin

i spent halloween with my bro and cousin. i was a caveman.

November 2, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  36. Garett

I spend my time by going to neighbor hoods and getting as much candy as I can while i compete with my friends. Then i eat it until all the candy is gone.

November 2, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  37. austin

my cousin was a cave woman

November 2, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  38. austin

my bro was a cow

November 2, 2009 at 1:54 pm |
  39. randy

i spent halloween in my neighborhood.i got a bagfull of candy and i was using a pillowcase!yea i got alot of candy.

November 2, 2009 at 1:54 pm |
  40. andrew

i went to the nice neighbor hood across the street from us. We got a lot of candy. It was fun.

November 2, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  41. kinsey

My halloween was sooo fun! your never to old to trick or treat. I was with a bunch of my friends

November 2, 2009 at 1:57 pm |
  42. cole

I spent my Halloween at my old neibor hood and I got a full pillow sack full of candy.On Halloseva I whent to this cool party it had laser tag,movies, and a water slide and pool and I saw all of my frends there.

November 2, 2009 at 1:58 pm |
  43. Amy

I went to a fat party. I never got a chance to go trick or treating even though I wanted to. I felt like I was going to be rejected because I was "A big kid".

November 2, 2009 at 2:03 pm |
  44. paul

I went to a party an dressed up.

November 2, 2009 at 2:04 pm |
  45. Diondre

I went to a party on halloween it had nothing 2 do wit halloween.

November 2, 2009 at 2:04 pm |
  46. howard

my halloween was the suckest time ever i was suppose to go to fear farm with my aunt and the whole time i was waiting for her to go but she would rater spend time with her boyfriend and not go so the time came she was a no show the whole night i spend passing out candy with no halloween time

November 2, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  47. Summer

This year me and my friends went trick-or-treating as usual, but this year we did something extra special. normally we come up to the door say "trick-or-treat!" they give us candy and that was that, but this year we decided to sing a halloween song! that way we felt like we wern't just taking there candy. it was the best halloween ever!!

November 2, 2009 at 2:11 pm |

yo homie dawg i went around wit ma frends and scored a bunch of candi and then i ate to much and threw up after yo im out dawg.

November 2, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  49. Beth

Me and my friends went trick or treating through my neighborhood and the one next to it. We didn't get a lot of candy, but it was enough for me. I went as a bumble bee, and my friends went as a foot ball player, wonder woman, and a granny. For a little bit we were with some people who were a fairy, a ladybug, an indian, a pajama person and a cave girl. I saw some costumes like minnie mouse and witches. We had a lot of fun and are excited that we get to eat all the candy we have!!

November 2, 2009 at 3:22 pm |
  50. linda

it was fun on halloween i went to a party but i got chased by some kid and raymond who is my friend he's 13 years old his friend was the scream

November 2, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  51. z

I went to my grandmother's neighbeorhood, and got a ginormus hershey bar

November 2, 2009 at 4:21 pm |
  52. Dreyiss

I really didn't do anything for halloween i just stayed home and passed out candy.

November 2, 2009 at 5:12 pm |
  53. Maurice

Halloween was bracking i got some yaborbop at my house and i went trick-or-treating and got a backpack full-o-candy.

November 2, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  54. michelle

what i did for halloween, me and my niece went trick or treating through the apartments then i seen micheal myers and got attacked by him.

i am so beastly

November 2, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  55. mathew

You didn't miss anything it , okay you missed it on the cnn student news , at the end of the show they were smashing pumpkins.

November 2, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  56. Catherine

The thing i miss every year is being something im not.I also miss how me and my brother trade candy it is verry fun! i like to also spend time with my family espesaly my dad i barly get to see him. oh teacher alert bye

November 2, 2009 at 5:36 pm |
  57. Annie

I spent this Halloween under a big coat! It was freezing outside. What a bummer. Nobody could even see my costume. Because of the cold weather, I only got to go out for about 20 minutes.

November 2, 2009 at 5:55 pm |
  58. london

I dont miss anything about halloween because i dont celebrate halloween, in my church we call it the devils holiday because thats when demons walk the earth or spirits at least. 🙂

November 2, 2009 at 7:40 pm |
  59. cierra

i really miss Halloween because of the candy and i get to scare my 7 year old brother a lot an Halloween!!!!!!!!!!! even though i had to go to my church and give out candy in my tank top and shorts as my costume ( i was freezing) I HAD A GREAT HALLOWEEN

November 2, 2009 at 7:59 pm |
  60. Emily

I went tricker treating as a bunny. I got lots of candy and then traded with my little brother.

November 2, 2009 at 8:10 pm |
  61. nancy

i went to a party with my boy friend and his family.the day before halloween and then on halloween i went to another party with my famnily and my boy friend and my best friend. it was alot of fun. i think this was the best halloween i ever had!! uselly i just stay at home and do NOTHING!! but not this year oh not this year!! lol

November 2, 2009 at 8:14 pm |
  62. samara

This year I spent halloween with my friends and had a party (I was a fifties girl)

November 2, 2009 at 8:34 pm |
  63. Emmalynn

My friends and me had tons of fun! We went trick or treating like most kids on Halloween. But one thing we did that was safe is made sure we didn't eat a suspicious treat. Someone gave us popcorn in a bag they opened and closed themselves because they made the popcorn as well as bagged it. But we knew there could be a chance that there could be something bad like drugs on the popcorn or something so we didn't take chances. We made sure we were safe trick-or-treaters.

November 2, 2009 at 10:42 pm |
  64. Maxi

My bro was the Joker, my friend was Freedy Kruger, and this really random guy was the swine fllu. :]

November 3, 2009 at 7:46 am |
  65. jessica

I LOVE HALLOWEEN BECAUSE YOU GET SO MUCH FREE CANDY AND YOU GET TO DRESS UP FOR THE FUN OF IT AND FOR NO REASON AT ALL EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT DRESS UP THIS YEAR I STILL HAD FUN GETTING CANDY AND NEXT YEAR II WILL DRESS UP =0 =)

November 3, 2009 at 10:44 am |
  66. josh

i love halloween go cnn student news!!1

November 3, 2009 at 12:55 pm |
  67. ben

I got loads of candy 'cause i got the best costume

November 3, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  68. Alyce

My halloween was awesome. I went to a dance and trick-or-treating with my cousins. The best holloween ever since with Hailiegh and Brennon.

November 3, 2009 at 6:09 pm |

I spent my Halloween with my best friend.Me and her went skating.

November 3, 2009 at 6:34 pm |
  70. Daniel

I miss the pumpkins because there fun for smashing

November 3, 2009 at 7:45 pm |
  71. Joey

My friends and I went to every house and the ones that the people would leave candy on the front porch, we would steal all the candy.

November 3, 2009 at 10:59 pm |
  72. sam

Halloween is awesome!!!!!! This year i was a fairy, but my wings fell and broke so i had to be a cat. I went trick or treating in my friend's, cousin's old neighborhood. However it started raining, and there was the Phillies game so hardly any body was there to trick or treat, or to give out candy! Normally, by the first block, i would have been on my 3d bag of candy. This year, i hardly finished my first. It does not matter though, i have braces so im not able to eat half the stuff anyway.

November 4, 2009 at 9:52 am |
  73. david

i miss going to a place near by and trick or treating the devlopment 3 -4 times. i also liike hanging out with my friends and tradeing candy with my friends.

November 4, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  74. Joshua

I missed all the good candy. I pretty much ate a quarter of all my candy. I only went to at least 20 or 30 houses. That’s not very much for me compared to last year.

November 4, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  75. Sara

I miss walking around dressed s a vampire. I'm not aloud to dress like a vampire any other day except halloween because my mom doesn't want me going goth. ' sigh ' I miss halloween

November 4, 2009 at 12:18 pm |
  76. Nikita

I had a fun Halloween. I walked aruond in the rain.

November 4, 2009 at 12:29 pm |
  77. amber and allison

we would give the ring back because it could be important to the owner.

November 4, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  78. felicity

It would be hard to find the owner,but I would return it because it is probably an important posession.

November 4, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  79. Samantha

I went out trick-or-treating around my block. My brothers and I invited our next door neighbors. I enjoyed going treak- or -treating with my friends and brothers. Also, I enjoyed wearing my costume. I was happy that I had nice, but crazy makeup.

November 4, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  80. Julianna

I spent halloween going around to houses with a bag to collect candy with my sister and dad while my other sister and my mom stayed home.

November 4, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  81. felicity

On my Halloween my little brother killed his first deer.It was a button buck!

November 4, 2009 at 12:46 pm |
  82. blessing

I miss trick-or-treating.My friends and I would get the biggest pillowcases we could find and then stuff them with candy from every house in every nearby neighborhood. We'd collect enough to last through Christmas. Sure, it got stale after a couple weeks, but does that ever stop you from eating it? I STILL HAD FUN GETTING CANDY AND NEXT YEAR II WILL DRESS UP

November 4, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  83. chelsea

halloween is great

November 4, 2009 at 2:46 pm |
  84. rebecca

iwould give it back, because wedding rings are very important and who everhas it should GIVE IT BACK!

November 4, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  85. Kylia

I went to Shocktober Fest with my sister,nephew and a bunch of other people! I had so much fun!

November 4, 2009 at 5:46 pm |
  86. tim

went to tampa and went trick or traeting with my family tons of candy great time

November 4, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  87. LR

I held a party at my house with a few of my very close friends, then we went out and Christmas Caroled. No joke!

November 4, 2009 at 11:54 pm |
  88. Jillian

Halloween was really fun for me this year. I got tons of candy, and even stayed outside when it was pouring rain. There was a bad part to this joyful evening. After the big rain storm I ran up a hill to get candy from someone, but slipped and fell down. I had a HUGE mud stain all over my back and legs. That was when I stopped and just gave out candy. I wanted to do it all over again, but I couldn't.

November 5, 2009 at 9:47 am |
  89. Vikki

I just went to my friends neighborhood. This year wasn't my best, It was raining, so we had to stop early. I usually get lots of candy. I went with a few of my closest friends, and arfter that, I went over her house and hung out, until our parents were done talking anyway.After that I just went home and dug into my candy bag!

November 5, 2009 at 9:55 am |
  90. Kaylee

I spent my Halloween at home unfortunately... I had h1n1:(

November 5, 2009 at 10:43 am |
  91. Abel

I spent my Holloween taking my friends candy because his bag ripped.

November 5, 2009 at 12:01 pm |
  92. kris

i went with all my friends and it was raining in philadelphia!!!!!!!!! I got lost with my best friend, but we ended out getting the most candy out of all my friends because we went the long way. My brother went with his friends and he and one of the friends got ditched too and while we were trick or treating we ran into him

November 5, 2009 at 12:19 pm |
  93. Michelle

I was with friends and went to a party. This Halloween was way better than last years. 🙂 Hopefully next years will be good too. I love Halloween!

November 5, 2009 at 3:03 pm |

I went to my grandma's house and actually got to go trick-or- treating it was really fun, but it has lost it's charm from the good old days of being a little kid.

November 5, 2009 at 5:16 pm |
  95. Koty

i would return the ring no matter how pricey... unless someone didnt claim it... them i would keep it......... or sell it on ebay...

November 6, 2009 at 9:48 am |
  96. Alina

What I miss about Halloween is getting loads of candy... because I'm almost out of candy and it is the only time that we can get free candy:) I went trick-or-treating with my friends... then we got tired. I was all of Skittles in about 10 minutes and I had like 15 packs. That's all that I have to say:)

November 6, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  97. kk:)

i spent it trick-or-treating

November 6, 2009 at 12:18 pm |
  98. Abbey

I was sick all halloween. Couldn't do anything.

November 6, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  99. Julia

my halloween was really great. I dressed up as a dark angel. I went trick or treating with all of my friends !

November 9, 2009 at 9:46 am |
  100. Faustina

I spent my Halloween going to Philly to Trick-or-Treat around the street Igrew up in!

November 9, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  101. chelsea

i miss walking with my friends and collecting candy

November 9, 2009 at 2:46 pm |
  102. judy

I forgot it was Halloween because of the swine flu.
    I hope I can enjoy Halloween next year!!

November 9, 2009 at 6:46 pm |
  103. Shemar

Halloween is so fun, but it's better I believe to be in the house or at the movie theaters watching some of the scariest movies ever. I buy candy to eat cheap.

November 10, 2009 at 8:49 am |

ya id like to be younger too because of this reason, but that doesnt mean i can't dress up in a really creative costume!

November 10, 2009 at 4:09 pm |
  105. andrew

ya I wish i was younger too because of this reason, but that does not mean i can't dress up in a really creative costume and hand out candy to the younger kids!

November 10, 2009 at 4:11 pm |
  106. Ryan

My Halloween was not very good. I was so i only went to a couple of houses. I didnt get alot of candy.I spent it at my cousins house.Overall it was ok. Not the best though. But i am still grateful. To be with my family. 🙂

November 11, 2009 at 9:50 am |
  107. abdallah

how i spent halloween is i was trick or treating for a little bit hen i went inside and started trading candy with my cousin

November 11, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  108. stephen

im in a subrban area now im used to a rual area getting alot of candy but i got less candy this year in the cites than in the backwoods

November 11, 2009 at 6:05 pm |
  109. Sammi

i would give the ring back to the women because just imagen if it was you wouldnt you want your ring back?

November 12, 2009 at 12:09 pm |
  110. Sammi

i would throw the biggest party

November 12, 2009 at 12:11 pm |
  111. selena

what i miss about halloween is the dressinup.

November 12, 2009 at 12:46 pm |
  112. stephanie 0.o

i dressed up as a kandy korn and got candy. i went with my friends and my friend sam was a pirate and my friend chris was a bumble bee. 🙂 :O 😀 -)

November 13, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  113. Shadow

I went to a party with my friend.We played games, handed out candy to the little babies, and went trick or treating. I don't care how old I get, I will still go trick or treating! You should to Carl Azuz!

November 13, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  114. Evan

Ill answer your question with a question: What is the point of halloween?
    I miss nothing of Halloween execpt the party . i got to hang out with my frineds and then cuddle with my girl (were arnt even dating) its a win

November 13, 2009 at 3:45 pm |
  115. TANNiA

Well i really miss halloween. I remember when i was a little girl i would love to go trick or treating with my cousins and friends it was really F.U.N i miss those days =(! & well this year my halloween was very L A M E! i did nothing but went to my cousins house and chill outside her house it was rainy and very cold ugh! iT SUCKs!!!!

November 20, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  116. kayla

i spent my halloween at fright fest at great america. omg it was the funnest thing i have ever done. i never been there till after that day and at the same time when i was having fun i was scared has heck and im very scared of everything that scary. i went on all the rides and went through all the corn fields:) and i also dressed up lol as little riding hood. it was a blast.

November 20, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  117. Emily

I didn't get to go trick-or-treating this year...sad face...

November 20, 2009 at 2:44 pm |
  118. Rose

Every halloween when I was a kid, I would get really dressed up and my mom always let me be whatever I wanted. I got to trick-or-treat from 5 to 11 at night with my mom and little sister. After we were done trick-or-treating we would go home and empty our bags out and trade the candy that we didn't like. 🙂

November 20, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  119. huev

i didnt go anywhere

November 25, 2009 at 5:34 pm |
  120. ally

i miss halloween because i don't have any more candy and i can't go to peoples houses till next halloween

November 30, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  121. ally

i miss halloween because i don't have any more candy and i can't go to peoples houses till next halloween 🙂

November 30, 2009 at 2:53 pm |