.
August 31st, 2009

What You Can't Live Without

...besides CNN Student News...

We're running a report on Tuesday about a growing number of colleges that are requiring students to have health coverage.  As I say in the show, health coverage probably wouldn't be the first thing you think to bring when you head off to school.

So what is?  Your Xbox, your best friend, your wardrobe, your favorite book?  What's something you can't leave behind when you leave home for campus?

Filed under: Feedback
  1. Dagine

I need, need, NEED my phone. if my friends dont cheer me up between exams then who will?

August 31, 2009 at 8:37 pm |
  2. Erin

I would never ever EVER be able to live without my best friends. They chere me up and always give me someone to talk to.

August 31, 2009 at 9:02 pm |
  3. kyle

i cant live without internet. then if i have no internet then how would i post on cnn news

August 31, 2009 at 9:28 pm |
  4. Tevin

I can't leave behind my nintendo stuff. I need it for entrainment when i get bored.

August 31, 2009 at 9:37 pm |
  5. Sasha

When I leave for campus the only thing I really need is my self confidence. I need to proud of who I am to be able to withstand everyone and all that they think about me. With that I can do anything there is to do. Whether it be making friends or even standing up for my rights and what I believe in.

August 31, 2009 at 9:49 pm |
  6. Connor

i would definitely need my xbox 360. its the only thing that keeps me sane on rainy days!

August 31, 2009 at 9:57 pm |
  7. Mark

Well I dont think it's fair because alot of the students in collages a barely affording the escentials like: books and computers. or even dorm rooms for that matter. I would much rather have a laptop to study with instead of paying for insurance.

August 31, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  8. Karissa

The one thing I need when I head to school is my phone because if there is an emergency then my family and friends can contact me:)

August 31, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  9. Reynolds

I could not leave my xbox. Thats all I do unless i'm blogging on cnn student news.

August 31, 2009 at 10:30 pm |
  10. Danny

I need friends who stands by me all the time and comforts me.

September 1, 2009 at 3:01 am |
  11. Doug

We can't live without the internet, without it Companies would crash and I couldn't order a pizza when i'm hungry.

{From Mr. Larson's history class}

September 1, 2009 at 9:42 am |
  12. Maverick

I can't live without CNN student news, Carl Azuz, and most important I can't live without Mr. Larson's history class.

September 1, 2009 at 9:45 am |
  13. zach

i really need my ipod and my tv/ xbox 360. if i dont have my music and my tv then i might go crazy!!

September 1, 2009 at 11:45 am |
  14. colin

i think that it isa a good idea do give the colleges health care so incase anything happens to them they will be covered and not have to worry about anything

September 1, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  15. jasmine

Having heath care requieredis a good thing ,but they should make it more afordable for those who strugle to go to school as is.

September 1, 2009 at 11:50 am |
  16. isaiah

I think we should keep the buses going because kids dont have a ride to school, because the buses are not stopping at all the bus stops, and people are not agreeing with it. And family's are now worried about gas and time.

September 1, 2009 at 12:58 pm |
  17. zack

Phone, Friend, TV, Wii, Encyclopedia, books

September 1, 2009 at 3:20 pm |
  18. Aly

I agree with the report. In order to raise school graduation rates, health care is a good idea. But requiring it seems a little strange. They should give an option to the students if they wish to recieve it. It's hard to live without a cell phone. In the growing demands of today's world, you need to stay in constant contact.

September 1, 2009 at 4:38 pm |
  19. Dakota

The number one thing that I cant live without is my Windows hp 2007 modal.

September 1, 2009 at 6:16 pm |
  20. Ellie

I can't live out with the comic books. We are all tired everyday, so we have to take rests for our body. If I always studied with no rest time, I will surely die!!

September 1, 2009 at 7:14 pm |
  21. Beth

I can't live without World of Warcraft..I mean, maybe I could...but life would just be so boring without it!

September 1, 2009 at 8:33 pm |
  22. Dave

I can't live without my mother's homemade brownies. Food isn't that great in college.

September 2, 2009 at 7:16 am |
  23. Kathleen

When I leave for college I’m going to have to have something that expresses my uniqueness. So I would have to have my swag with me. I wouldn’t be able to live without my wardrobe.

September 2, 2009 at 11:43 am |
  24. Belle

I could NOT leave without my hair stuff, id have to take all of that for sure. Also, ALL my cloths, and stuff and cellphone, and all my blankets from home, and stuff those are the most important things that come to mind, of course tv, xbox, microwave are important stuff as well 😉

September 2, 2009 at 11:46 am |
  25. Savana

I could not leave behind my camera.

September 2, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  26. Makale

Yes because texting while driving can not only hurt you and your car wreck but also some one else.

September 2, 2009 at 12:29 pm |
  27. Utau

My drawing binder!! It as all of my drawings all the way back from seventh grade!! I go crazy even when I've just misplaced it!! It's, as my dad says My "bible"

September 2, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  28. Kyle

If we didn't have the internet I would be lost. I would have so many questions unanswered. That wouldn't be good.

September 2, 2009 at 5:34 pm |
  29. Peyton

my computer it has all my music and just about every thing else that love.

September 2, 2009 at 6:52 pm |
  30. trevor

there are many thing i can live without. the only things i cant live without are my x-box, my tv, a computer, and my family. i can't live witout my xbox because every one has something they do on a rainy day. my xbox dosen't work without a tv, also i need comedy such as, the simpson, family guy and many other shows. i need a computer to do my homework, check my email, and to keep connected to freinds and family. the main reason i can't live without my family is they keep me balanced, keep me grounded, and lastly at certain times they can cheer you up when they do something stupid.

September 2, 2009 at 8:12 pm |
  31. shoron

I like cnn student News.

September 2, 2009 at 8:35 pm |
  32. kyle

I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT A CAR. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT A PHONE. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT A SHOES. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT A FAMLIY AND FERNED'S '

September 3, 2009 at 12:54 pm |
  33. katie

it's an invasion of privacy why should we have to give them our passwords it's none of there buisness

September 3, 2009 at 9:28 pm |
  34. Ana

I would never leave my mystery books.

September 3, 2009 at 10:23 pm |
  35. kyle

YES!!! I think that texting while driving should be illegal because it is endangering hundreds of people on the road not only yourself but others too, just think if you are texting while driving on a highway or even a populated street you are endagering hundreds even thousands of people. Just imagine if you crashed on a highway or populated street you could hit pedestrians or even get into a pile-up i think texting should be banned in EVERY STATE across the U.S.

September 4, 2009 at 8:53 pm |
  36. olivia

the one thing I can't live without is a phone i am usually on the phone whenever I get a chance

September 4, 2009 at 10:34 pm |
  37. Brandi

'i would have to have my phone it has all my pics. and messages and my numbers. what if something happened.I would like to be safe and have someone to call for help.

September 4, 2009 at 10:41 pm |
  38. Breanna

I would need my cell phone in case somethen goes on.

September 4, 2009 at 11:11 pm |
  39. Grant

What i cant live without is my PS3,T.V.,food, family, friends and my pets. Why i cant live without my PS3 is because i love playing games like Call of Duty4, Call of Duty 5, and all the other "M" games out there. Why i cant liuve without my T.V. is i love watching all of the movies on there like Bad Boys 1 and 2 adn also T.V. shows like Family Guy, South Park, Simpsons, David Blaine street magic. why i cant live with out fod is because i love to eat, not that i am fat or any thing im really skinny in fact but i crave food because of the different flavors and textures and aromas. Why i cant live with out my family and Friends is because they bolth provide a huge ammount of joy in my live and they take care of me and stuff. Why i cant live with out my pets is because i absouitally CRAVE animals, i have 2 dogs, 3 cats, a bearded dragon(a lizard), 39 fish and a snake. as i have said that is what i can not live without because of the reasons listed below

September 4, 2009 at 11:25 pm |
  40. Abigail

I probably would want my favorite books or the notebooks that have my stories.

September 5, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  41. Alexis

i would leave myself because colloge is all about finding your self so how can u find ur self wit every thing that reminds you of home

September 6, 2009 at 6:38 pm |
  42. Tricia

I wouldnt be able to leave behind my writings, I would instantly be relieved from aniexty if i read one of those beloved stories.

September 7, 2009 at 9:48 pm |
  43. Rachel

I can't live without food, clothes, shelter, water, and of course, a computer so I can watch CNN student news.

September 8, 2009 at 5:33 am |
  44. Jordyn

I couldn't leave home without a laptop.

September 8, 2009 at 4:49 pm |
  45. christian

They should make it more bus stops for the kids

September 8, 2009 at 9:04 pm |
  46. matthew

I would bring with me my cell phone, xbox, friends, car and alot more but there is to much i can bring with me.

September 9, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  47. Juliet

There are a lot of things that i couldn't leave behind when i go off to college...Snuggles(s), Po, and Romeo might be the most vital though

September 9, 2009 at 2:06 pm |
  48. sadie

I would need to have all of my outfits. I don't know what I would do without my notebook ,for sketchs. Since I want to be a designer for NASA astronaut space suits, I will need to know what is in style!!

September 9, 2009 at 5:59 pm |
  49. America

I could not live without my memories. Pictures, phone numbers, and letters are at the very top of MY packing list.

September 9, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  50. Kacie

My bestfriends, camera, and protein shakes since i'm a vegetarian and need the protein. but my bestfriends are coming with me to LA where i'll be going to school to become a Vet Tech!!! =]

September 10, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  51. Eliza(alisa)

My family,who could live with out your family. When friends fail, books are worn out, video games have no comfort,and your phone is dead. Family wins every time, even if they tease you.

But, you can't pack your family.So i would take old letters, pictures of my family, the rest of my faded memory,the laughs, the crys, and communication to my family.

September 10, 2009 at 9:56 pm |
  52. Evan and Joe

Our sharpie marker collection is Da Bomb! We'd take those over gold!!!

September 10, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  53. KRiSTA [:

i wouldntt be able to leave my phone behindd.
    i wouldd go insane withoutt itt!

September 11, 2009 at 10:52 am |
  54. mark

There are a couple things that I can never live without. I can not live without a computer, and any other fun video games. I can never live without my whole entire family. I cannot live without my friends.

September 11, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  55. bonnie

I need my friends and my family the most. THEY are the ones that help me with all things and i can never forget them:)

September 11, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  56. Elizabeth

Something I could NEVER leave behind is either my guitar or my flute because they are important parts of my life. Music is my number one hobby. I make up my own songs and record them. So if I had no music to play, I'd die. Literally. 😦

September 11, 2009 at 6:22 pm |