.
June 24th, 2009

Leadership Unplugged

...is part of the reason I've been so SLACK on the blog.  All this week, the staff of CNN Student News has been working with 104 Atlanta-area high school students, shining up their leadership skills and showing them firsthand what takes place behind the scenes at CNN.

It's awesome.  We're covering everything that goes into television journalism, from digital media to marketing to the decisions we're faced with daily.  And as the MC, I've been working to moderate panels, ask questions, and try to stay out of trouble.

It's a chance to get out of the office, meet personally with students who watch our show, and try to give an example of effective leadership.  And it's really cool that I'm getting paid for this.

What have you been up to?

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Dave

I just finished one year at my work place and I am about to finish I month as well. I am so Glad that I will be finishing Basic Algebra and will be moving on to pursue a degree in Aviation as Commercial Pilot. I am enjoying watching Mike Galanos until Carl Azuz comes back. I am having a nice time watching new movies from NetFlix. The last I saw was THE READER. I am having fun being a guy cooking and cleaning on my Holidays. Lastly blowing my money on ebay buying lots of guy jewelry. Lastly Waiting for Carl Azuz to come back..

June 25, 2009 at 4:18 am |
  2. Jade

I'll help you Carl!

June 26, 2009 at 8:36 am |
  3. Taylon

Thanks for everything this week, Carl! It was an honor getting to know you and learning about your make-up (:

June 30, 2009 at 12:42 am |
  4. Abbey

Well, i went on vacation to Cape Cod over the this past week, and im just hanging out, and babysitting my little brother and sister. im now going to a party at my boyfriends house, and im really excited. he has a pool table and everything. I hope u have a good summer too carl, and see you in the fall!!!! cant wait to watch you. My social studies teacher Ms. Sears in Canton Connecticut shows it to us, and it is amazing. Make a shout out to Ms. Sears's 8th grade class in Canton Connecticut, when you go back on the air!!!!!!!!!

July 3, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  5. Lucy

I just came back from new zealand and I am catching up with korean education(cuz Im korean). I am working really hard and I got two A pluses on my exams and now I am so happy!!!! I am studying science and social studies cuz I am really bad at them. But the good thing is that I am good at writing and reading!
    Thanks for the news carl, these news are really effective for my social studies.

August 11, 2009 at 10:57 am |

I dont think that they should take away the buses because if we ride the bus then we will help the earth then if we all go in the cars

August 31, 2009 at 6:39 pm |