April 16th, 2009

Roller Coasters, Rodents and Turkeys

What's the most Offbeat?

You might not expect to find them all in the same place, unless you're ready for a trip Off the Beaten Path!  We take you on one of those in Friday's show - the news isn't ALL serious, after all - and we'd like to know which story you liked best:  Is it the roller coaster wedding, the racing rodents or the tough turkeys?  Vote here, leave a comment, and have a GREAT weekend!

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Alisskay

I loved these quirky topics...
    the rat race really got me. it would be extremely fun to watch the race. hannah ratanah instead of hannah montana!!! omg

April 17, 2009 at 2:42 am |
  2. rm

it is my birthday too!!!!!!!!!

April 17, 2009 at 9:01 am |
  3. Patrick

Those turkeys were probally the most random things I've heard about. Who would ever suspect that a turkey would attack a postal worker? Then again, geese are known to be pretty violent, and a turkey is just as big, or close to it, so maybe it makes sense.

April 17, 2009 at 9:07 am |
  4. Ryan

I think the craziest story today is the story about the touch turkeys. I think it's hilarious that mailmen get trained to deal with dogs, but they can't handle turkeys. I mean your government officials come on. And where do wild turkeys run free? I can't even imagine worrying about turkeys.

April 17, 2009 at 9:07 am |
  5. Michael

It’s gotta be the turkeys. Yeah a wedding on a roller coaster is unorthodox, but it’s almost like combining the honeymoon with the wedding. Rat races are not normal by any means but it’s still not any interesting. The turkeys are as this can be a major threat to the postal system. If turkey attacks are left to happen we may notice letters taking weeks or months to get to their location!

April 17, 2009 at 9:09 am |
  6. Matthew

The turkeys gobbled up the publicity!
    They were the best!
    That mail man might just throw in the bag.

April 17, 2009 at 9:25 am |
  7. Hagan

It would be so cool to get married on a roller coaster! That would be awesome but I would not wan to be a postman with a turkey chasing me! haha

April 17, 2009 at 9:57 am |
  8. Ellie, Sarah, and Hagan

OMG Carl!! We are your biggest fans! Give your mom a big "happy birthday" from us down in Georgia. Peace to you!! You are the best!! I love listening to your jokes and watcing you dance.

🙂 Your BFFS, (:
    Ellie, Sarah, and hagan

April 17, 2009 at 10:00 am |
  9. Momo

Rats give me the chills

April 17, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  10. Zman

Well Carl I would have to say that the Rollercoaster Wedding is the most bizzare thing I have seen this week!! I'm not saying I dissaprove or don't like the idea, I actually love the idea of a thrilling rollercoaster wedding for that one special day. As you can probably tell I'm not married but this gives me an idea of what to do for that one special day with that one special person. I wonder if you have heard about the women who married the Eifel Tower. I guess these days marriage will just get more and more bizzare.

April 17, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  11. Samuel

I think the turkey story was funnier. The turkey won't hurt you at least that bad. It might bite you but not that bad.

THE TURKEY REVENGE.

April 17, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  12. seth

I think that the turkeys will win in a fight. He will lose .He's DOOMED.

April 17, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  13. devin

I think those turkey's are brave. My Aunt and Uncle have a ranch in Idaho.There are turkey's all over.They will chase you if you get too close.Then if you have a tag shoot um.

April 17, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  14. kristen

I really liked the Cleberaty Rat Race because it was really funny with the famous names and stuff.

April 17, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  15. Madi

I thought they were all very unusually weird, but they turkeys would have to be the craziest!

April 17, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  16. Madi

EWWWW, rats are gross!

April 17, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  17. Stacey

that roller coaster stuff is really crazy!! I would never do that because roller coasters are super scary:)

April 17, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  18. Bethanny Rose

Those Turkeys are Crazy! I always knew there was a reason that I didn't like Birds!

April 17, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  19. Jen Jen

You see strange weddings every day, and rat racing is just another...race. I've seen worms that have more interesting races, but turkeys being tough is just strange!

April 17, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  20. Sarah

haha lol i don't really know which story sound funnier or weirder they all do so i like them all

April 17, 2009 at 3:08 pm |
  21. George

I'd say the Tough Turkeys, but The Roller Coaster Wedding got me too! Our Postal Services need how to learn do with Turkeys!

April 17, 2009 at 4:57 pm |
  22. Caity

The roller coaster wedding was pretty funny!... I have never seen the tough turkeys one but apparently that is funny too!

April 17, 2009 at 7:44 pm |
  23. Jacob

I like the Tough Turkeys,but how come there are turkeys in a suburban neighborhood?!?

April 17, 2009 at 8:43 pm |
  24. Lina

I would have to say the Rollercoaster Wedding because it would be really cool to be able to get married in a rollercoaster

April 18, 2009 at 3:12 pm |
  25. Jake

'This Has Nothing To Do With it But Happy B-Day to Carl's Mom

April 18, 2009 at 11:00 pm |
  26. Ellie

i would say the wedding. itlook really fun and you don't see that kind of thing often.

April 19, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  27. Somya

I think the mail man should have put the mail into the turkeys mouths

April 19, 2009 at 3:03 pm |
  28. Somya

All the stories were different. happy birthday to your mom Carl.

April 19, 2009 at 3:07 pm |
  29. Ruben

The thing that I think is most off the beatn paht is the rat race because of the big rat man walking around i kind of scared me!

April 19, 2009 at 6:54 pm |
  30. maci

the roller coaster wedding was so cool but it would be scary but i would love to do it think carl should show better puns

April 19, 2009 at 8:17 pm |
  31. Evan

I think that the roller coaster wedding is really off the road. I mean who has ever heard of having a wedding on a roller coaster!?!

April 20, 2009 at 9:11 am |
  32. Alexander

I liked the roaller coasters the best! They are the bomb! Woooooooooh! Your funny carl.

April 20, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  33. Josh

The story I thought was the best was the tough turkeys. Thatʻs pretty cool how there are turkeys scaring off the mailmen instead of dogs. I don't blame the mailmen for getting scared cause I wouldn't want my head pecked off by a turkey!

April 20, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  34. Brittany

To me I like the story about the roller coaster wedding. I think that is a pretty cool idea, and it is something that is different. I also thought the story about the turkey was funny.

April 20, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  35. Kaitlyn

Turkey for dinner. Wow, what a surprise huh, I wouldn't have a turkey in my backyard unless he/she was for dinner. yum, yum,yum

April 20, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  36. brady

Why would you get married on a roller coster? It is something you are suppose to remember your marriage the rest of your life. I would not want mine to be remembered by my best man throwing up during the ride.

April 20, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  37. Cheyanne

Weddings on Roller Costar is Really Weird. I know if I get Married I would not want to Get Married on A Roller Costar even though I do like Roller Costars but Riding on a Roller Costar is not really impressive. I wouldn't want to get married on a Roller Costar. And Anyways how do they do it do they have every sit down with like the Marring Couple in front an the Person who is marring them in the Front Seat Talking in a Head set so every one can hear him?

April 20, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  38. ocfd831

i think that this kind of wedding would be real fun.

April 20, 2009 at 10:43 am |
  39. Jessica

I personally think the roller coaster wedding sounds pretty awesome, but all are pretty funny. I would, though, not be happy with having that myself- its a little too crazy.

April 20, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  40. Ross

The most off the beaten path subject would have to be the roller coaster wedding. Though I’m sure it would be quite fun, it is an odd sighting. I think that sounds like a great idea, and a wedding no one will forget.

April 20, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  41. kristen

I liked the stories about Hannah Ratanah and the killer turkeys. They were really funny. I laughed so hard I almost cryed. The killer turkeys and Hannah Ratanah it was really funny.

April 20, 2009 at 12:22 pm |
  42. ruby

it is about time the turkeys fight back i mean we have been eating them for years.

April 20, 2009 at 12:34 pm |
  43. Unknown

I think that a roller coaster wedding is a awesome idea!

April 20, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  44. Leanna :-)

Um the turkey's definantly... but the roller coaster wedding is also a little strange. I dream of a small wedding in a chapel while they think hey why don't we just get married on a roller coaster!!! yay!

April 20, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  45. Adam and Sam

The rat race was hysterical! We'd love to hear Hannah Rat-ana sing! You know the song "Old Blue Jeans"? We want to hear "Old Blue Cheese"!

April 20, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  46. GLORIA

HAHA WEDDING ROLLER COSTER HOW FUNNY IS THAT MAYBE I WOULD HAVE MY WEDDING ON A ROLLER COASTER AND SEE HOWW IT TURN OUT

April 20, 2009 at 3:41 pm |
  47. Bill

I thought the roller coaster was better because you've have got to be a cool person if you would get married in a ROLLER COASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    COOOOOOL!!!!!!

April 20, 2009 at 5:11 pm |
  48. Bill

the roller coaster wedding reminds me of that redneck wedding show on channel CMT.

April 20, 2009 at 5:12 pm |
  49. Darcee=)

the turkey thing was classic nothing can beat that!!! p.s.cows rock!

April 21, 2009 at 9:41 am |
  50. Darcee=)

TURKEYS ROCK!!!

April 21, 2009 at 9:42 am |
  51. Cody!!!!!!!

I would like to get married on the roller coaster it will give me a rush and about the rat try not to get rabies and the turkey will be my dinner for my wedding.

April 21, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  52. Pedro

That's crazy if couples get married on a rollar coaster!!!

April 21, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  53. chad

I think that this subject is quite odd, but I would probably like to see the rodent races. I'm not sure why but I've been quite fascinated with race reptiles rodents etc.. My second choice would be the roller coaster marriage, because it sounds so interesting.

April 22, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  54. Quirky

These topics are crazy! I chose the roller coaster wedding because i did a science project on rodents racing and it is cool, for the first 5 minutes. Then until they get to the end, it gets a little boring... By the way, no turkey is tough enough to beat me and my light sabor!!

April 22, 2009 at 8:54 am |
  55. Meghan

The roller coster wedding was the funniest story. I thought that would be the funniest wedding ever. I would have loved to attend. 🙂 Most wedding are really boring!! But being a huge coaster rider, i think that would be the wedding of year.

April 22, 2009 at 9:35 am |
  56. Grace

I liked the rat race's rats' names. My favorite was BoRAT.

April 22, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  57. kaylee

I think all of them are good topics but the rollercoater wedding or the racing rodent. But there all LOL. But the best would probably be the rollercoaster wedding!!! I mean how often do people get married in a roller coaster! I just have one question, Was the rollercoaster actually moving when they said there vowels?

April 22, 2009 at 2:07 pm |