April 2nd, 2009

Rejected, Accepted, and Rejected Again

That's what thousands of applicants to the University of California, San Diego just went through.

Imagine it:  You apply to a university and get rejected.  That's hard enough.  But then to receive an e-mail two weeks later saying you were accepted, only to find out you really weren't - that the acceptance e-mail was a mistake - that's got to be emotionally brutal.

For a lot of reasons, the university can't just go ahead and accept every victim of the mistake; there are simply too many who never qualified.  But how would you react if this had happened to you?  Could you just forget about it, cut your loss and get on with other college plans?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Jane

I think that, that is wrong because the people that do that should make up their minds for which people to choose for the college

April 2, 2009 at 7:23 pm |
  2. Cynthia

Ok, if this happened to me, and it was the few first tries of applying for the University, then, yes, I'd move on. But I'd complain about the accepting, and then taking it back. We're people, for pete's sake! We have job, family, a life. To get such a joyous e-mail would probably be the highlight of thier day, but then they tell you "Oops, sorry. That's not for you." It's just plain not FAIR. What do you think, Carl??

April 2, 2009 at 8:33 pm |
  3. Justin

I would get mad for making them get my hopes up, then destroyed again by sending an email. And to be a mistake, that's just wrong.

April 2, 2009 at 8:35 pm |
  4. Alicia & Vicky

It would be tough getting all excited and then finding out is was just a mistake.

April 2, 2009 at 8:49 pm |
  5. Cassie

If it was me i would be sooo ticked off at the college!!!!! I know that i would have to get over it but still, to get the peoples hopes up who may have had no chance whatsoever to get into the college is horrible.

April 2, 2009 at 10:16 pm |
  6. Courtney

At first I would be disappointed, then mad, then sad then I would just be confused if I were wrongly notified about my college acceptance. College is a big part of my future and if you make the mistake of well, making a mistake...you have to pay a price. I think that the University of California, San Diego owes more than just an apology because they could have sent thousands of hopefuls on an emotional rollercoaster they just don't need right now.

April 2, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  7. james

of course will find some trouble with them,because they hurt my emotion,but in the end i will forgot ,then i will start to apply a new school

April 3, 2009 at 12:18 am |
  8. Lameace

I agree with the students who are mad about the rejection/approval....I know that if it was me that i would be pretty bummed.

April 3, 2009 at 12:52 am |
  9. Smiley

I think its not right because everybody has their big humongous dream and they want to acheive it. NOT fair at all! Don't people even tell you to acheive goals in life?

April 3, 2009 at 1:25 am |
  10. Link

This is failure on the faculties part, it really speaks to people when a mistake this big is made and will most likely end up badly hurting the schools reputation. Being accepted to a college is very important to a student, playing emotional hacky-sack because of a silly mistake is a horrible problem, although I don't see a lot that can be done to fix the situation.

April 3, 2009 at 1:26 am |
  11. Voldmort

As everybody have said it makes emotional damage to the students who planned a great party for their families. And it is hard to accept that all their hard works have failed after all.

But we can't just make all of them to go to school. There's too many.

For the failed, I'm sorry to say try next year.

April 3, 2009 at 2:38 am |
  12. Nick

I think I will get angry before finally accepting the reality of not being accepted by the university I apply for. Just forget about it. Tell myself it's no big deal and God will open another portal for me when closing one. Being optimistic is vital in life.

April 3, 2009 at 4:54 am |
  13. Josef

I would have been much offended. I'd possibly,at extremes protested to get in.

April 3, 2009 at 7:35 am |
  14. Juny

Oh! It would be terrible if I experienced ever in my whole life.
    I mean University of California San Diego is a very good university and I would be exhilarated if I was told I was accepted to this university. When you realize the e-mail was erroneous, the loss you feel is inexpressably big!

April 3, 2009 at 7:55 am |
  15. Jaime

I would be completely devastated if the college of my dream's did that. I can't possibly know how these college students feel, but all I can say there's always a new day ahead with sunshine in it!

April 3, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  16. RONALD

Hey Carl, I know the schools are having a major budget cut right now because of the economy but this is totally unexceptable

April 3, 2009 at 8:40 am |
  17. Brandon

Hey Carl, I think this is "really really messed up" the college should be taken to court, It's a heartbreaking feeling!!!

April 3, 2009 at 8:43 am |
  18. Tyler

I think this is ubsurd to even think about doing a prank like this. I think they should let those students have a free semester. Maybe even sued for stressing them over this prank.

April 3, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  19. Kesean

I dont think that those kids should accept the apology from the people who sent the letter stating that they were accepted. I think that they should be sued pulling a April Fool's joke like that.

April 3, 2009 at 8:53 am |
  20. Donald

I feel that was not cool if that was me I would be mad. That is not cool that they are shatering studets dreams to go to UCSD.Even no that the economy is bad thy should let the students go to the school.

April 3, 2009 at 9:02 am |
  21. Amy

You can't help what you can't control. To some extent. When people apply to colleges, and they do not meet the criteria, that is something that they could have controlled, that they could have done better at, but did not. However, to have had the right scores and done the right things, to be fully prepared and to aspire to attend said certain college, and to not be accepted? That is rough.

Personally, I would have to get over it. I would lament the loss and would have to move on, because to not would prove that I do not have the maturity to accept life as it comes, which is all apart of growing up and going to college is apart of that, too.
    Hopefully I would have planned ahead enough to have several fall back schools in which to prepare for, and who knows, those could ultimately be better for me in the long run. A blessing in disguise.

April 3, 2009 at 9:46 am |
  22. austin

ha now thats what i call a april fools joke. but if that happened to me i would not believe it. If they really wanted me to attend the school they would send a letter not a e-mail because most of the stuff that gets sent to me through e-mail is spam.

April 3, 2009 at 10:13 am |
  23. Torrie

If i was rejected and, then they send me a letter that i was going to be attending the school, i would be confused and not happy when they send me a letter saying i was rejected and it all was a mistake.

April 3, 2009 at 10:31 am |
  24. Hong-min

I'd be quite angry and go to the school myself, and try to argue my way in. After all, they had told me I was accepted.

April 3, 2009 at 10:38 am |
  25. Eugene

I think it was horrible. Also that it was a joke that was played on the student. I would go to the college with my lawyer and file a lawsuit.

April 3, 2009 at 10:44 am |
  26. Mr.Ingram's Class

Our class believes that if this happened to us it would be emotionally brutal. Although this was a mistake, it still got too many people's hopes up. To not be accepted is its own issue and students just have to acknowledge that. But this is another matter altogether. Clearly the school did not do this deliberately, nevertheless, the outcome is the same. We feel that an apology is not sufficient, but that the school has no other alternative. Certainly students have other options, but the University needs to ensure that this does not happen again. Thank you.

From Mr. Ingram's 8th grade History class

April 3, 2009 at 10:44 am |
  27. Steven

If this happened to me i would get mad but i wouldn't let my anger control me. I would apply for another college.

April 3, 2009 at 10:47 am |
  28. Kyle

It was a mistake suck it up every one makes mistakes this one was just a big one!!!

April 3, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  29. Javorace

Peolpe who send the application needs to be accepted because they did all that hard work just to get rejected by a college they want to attend.

April 3, 2009 at 10:53 am |
  30. amanda

i think that the people that had gotten these letters should get a great deal of sorry's from the college.

April 3, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  31. Cris

I would be mad at the University and I would go around telling people how awful the University is. But, since this didn't happen to me, I really don't feel anything.

April 3, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  32. Sam

I think that it is wrong, because those people would be hugely affected. It would be like if you were told "yes, you are accepted to your dream college." and then after you've told everybody you get something saying, "sorry, it was a mistake, you aren't accepted." I think they should honor their mistake and let the people who got the invatation join if they want.

April 3, 2009 at 11:41 am |
  33. Gonzalez

My 2nd Block Economics class, who are all seniors–some of my students would feel very upset, especially on April Fool's Day, others understand what happened–that it's just a computer glitch....

April 3, 2009 at 11:53 am |
  34. rachel

yes, i think that it must really stink being rejected, accepted, then rejected again. but if you were rejected at first then what makes you think they would really reconsider?
    i mean sure, it could happen. but most likely, what made them not accept you orginally hasnt changed. like grades, you cant change them. you should have worked harder the first time, so you didnt get rejection letter.

April 3, 2009 at 12:26 pm |
  35. Carlos

If I get a letter that said you're accepted but they are sadly mistaken because if I get another letter that said I'm not accepted because I would say if it's not fair then okay I won't go to the college.

April 3, 2009 at 12:26 pm |
  36. Margie

The people who this happened to should just move on. Frankly, they should never have gotten their hopes up. If it were me, I would have realized that something was messed up if I was accepted after already being rejected.

April 3, 2009 at 12:32 pm |
  37. Alice

I think that is totally unprofessional and that colleges should keep better track of their acceptances and rejections. It may not seem like a big deal to the college but for a person who really really had their hearrt set on something like this it hurts.....a lot.
    Put yourself in their shoes.

April 3, 2009 at 12:37 pm |
  38. coins

geeze..... they had people mad and sad then they were happy because
    youre mistakes at california college. that really stinks i'll be very mad if that ever happens to me.

April 3, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  39. Bowwy

I find this to be unprofessional of the college to make a mistake like this. This cannot happen again or i think they will lose their credibility, but it is a good April Fool Joke. (That was my "Carl Azuz" Pun)

April 3, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  40. Johlani

Really, that wouldn't make any sense, it might that the university wasn't paying attention to their computors to know about this speciffic student. But that's just straight cruelty.

April 3, 2009 at 1:04 pm |
  41. Leif

I would definitely be upset, but I mean, WE'RE ONLY HUMAN for crying out loud! Fake acceptances should be better avoided in the future, and if it's the first time, I don't think anyone should be punished. I would go on with life and just deal with it because that's what'll happen in life sometimes.

April 3, 2009 at 1:17 pm |
  42. Patrick

I would be furious! To think that the college of my dreams accepted me, then to apologize and say that it was a mistake on their part? What if that was the only college that accepted you? You then wouldn't be able to go to college that semester. I would be furious, sad, and all together dissapointed. Well, that is my opinion on this subject.

April 3, 2009 at 1:18 pm |
  43. Hanna

WOW! that would be hard to take. not getting accepted, then getting an e-mail that says you are and then finding out that you weren't accepted! how emotional would that make one person? well for me i would be hurt and so upset. the university needs to figure out what it is doing to kids lives and emotional status. to get excepted to a college is great and the knowing that you made it threw everything to get there and then it is taken away right in front of you and all that hard work is gone. that is not ok!!!

April 3, 2009 at 1:19 pm |
  44. tyler

i think its sad that kids get rejection letters and then a mistaken acceptance letter! i would be so stoked and then to find out it was an opps sorry mistake >:/ that is super sad. i would be very understanding though. there are other colleges to go to 😀

April 3, 2009 at 1:20 pm |
  45. Jamie

I think that they should have known that there was a mistake when they were given two different answers. They should have called the Admissions office instead of calling their families. They should also accept that everyone makes mistakes.

April 3, 2009 at 1:21 pm |
  46. Joe

I would feel really bad if someone told me i was excepted and minutes later they said it was a mistake.

April 3, 2009 at 1:48 pm |
  47. Julz

I would be really mad if it was a college that I really wanted to get into. I mean I think other people would be mad too if they didn't get accepted and then two weeks later you get an e-mail that says you did get accpeted.

April 3, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  48. Jenna A.

I think the students who got rejected shold have known that something was wrong when they received the email. I would be upset, but I would let it go eventually, it wasn't the schools fault. And whoever thought that this was a funny joke has a sick mind.

April 3, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  49. Julz

I would be really mad if I got that e-mail and it was a college I really wanted to get into. If I got that e-mail saying that i was accepted and then two weeks later anoher e-mail saying that i didn't, I would be devestated and I think other people would too!

April 3, 2009 at 2:47 pm |
  50. Adam

I would be outraged! For some college to ruin my dreams would be unacceptable. I wouldn't be sorry or fight to get in again either. I would just criticize he college for the rest of my life.

April 3, 2009 at 2:49 pm |
  51. RJ

The school shouldn't have raised all the kids' dreams. Everyone wants to go to college! And I think i would have been angry too. That must've really got the kids hopes up and their parents too. I bet the school got some angry e-mails. They should"ve let everyone who got the e-mail go to the college just because of what they did.

April 3, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  52. Lucas

I would be upset, and I feel sorry for the people who got let down. But let's face it, it was just an unintentional mistake, a computer glitch, or somebody accidentally pressed the wrong button. Anyone who has used a computer before knows how easy it is to make that kind of mistake. Plus it's not like they let it run for long, they had a correction out in two hours. Though I'm deeply sorry for those who thought they were accepted, and weren't.

April 3, 2009 at 2:54 pm |
  53. Damon

It was totally not fair. I think that everyone who got that email should get in the school.

April 3, 2009 at 2:55 pm |
  54. Mike

If it was me getting that fake letter, I would be extremely upset. Lucky for me, im still in middle school.

April 3, 2009 at 2:55 pm |
  55. Andrew

How could they? For that kind of mistake they deserve to get a full scholarship there!

April 3, 2009 at 2:56 pm |
  56. christine

It is out of control. They were especting to get in. Who knows maybe they celebrated.

April 3, 2009 at 2:58 pm |
  57. Larsonsclass

I would feel bad. I wouldn't accept their apology.

-M

April 3, 2009 at 3:54 pm |
  58. Bobby

I think that California college made a terrible unprofessional mistake for sending that e-mail. Especially because the person who sent it is not getting punished or fired even. The people who they sent the e-mail to should still not be accepted but the employee should be fired.

April 3, 2009 at 4:16 pm |
  59. brittany

I would be so mad if i was accepted then rejected i would sue the people just a figure of speech but i would be mad

April 3, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  60. Vicky

I think it is mean that they are dooing that,they apply and they send them a letter that they made it and they send them a letter back that it was a mistake and they are very sorry that happend that is just commpletly mean just plain mean.

April 3, 2009 at 5:41 pm |
  61. Immy

More care should have been taken when proofreading the acceptance letters; however, it is still simply a mistake that anyone could have made.

April 3, 2009 at 6:01 pm |
  62. casey

I would hate it if the college I wanted accepted me than rejected me,but I would move on to my other colleges I had as other backup choices.

April 3, 2009 at 6:18 pm |
  63. Sarah

It might seem unfair and make you dissapointed and mad but you have to give them a break if it was a accident well accidents happen so the should cut them some slack!!

April 3, 2009 at 7:17 pm |
  64. Katherine

This exact thing happened to my brother. He doesn't feel good about it. I wouldn't, either if that happened to me.

April 3, 2009 at 7:20 pm |
  65. Isaac

I would forgive them because.... well, hey, everyone makes mistakes.

April 3, 2009 at 8:10 pm |
  66. Matthew

That would really be dreadful if it happened to me. I would be really hurt.

April 3, 2009 at 8:35 pm |
  67. Sarah

it sad that ppl try really hard to get accepted to somewhere. but then when u find out u don't make it 😦 but if u get an email saying that you have been accepted and find out that u really haven't now that is sad.:(

April 3, 2009 at 10:05 pm |
  68. crystal

if the college i want to go to made a mistake, i would be very anrgy and upset and never ever going to forgive them what they done to me.

April 3, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  69. Jenny

I understand it was a mistake and everyone make them, but i would feel a punch in the stomach.:( I've been rejected to a high school and i know how it feels. But excepted first then "it was a mistake"? I would have a hard time.

April 3, 2009 at 11:03 pm |
  70. Cloe

That hurts. I can't believe that would happen! Actually, it's kinda funny! 🙂

April 3, 2009 at 11:07 pm |
  71. George

I'd understand. We're all human and make mistakes. It's not like it happened on purpose. Why won't people accept the apology and accept the fact it was an accident.

April 3, 2009 at 11:11 pm |
  72. Ricardo

I would not forget abbout it because you might all joyed up and then find out it was not real.

April 4, 2009 at 12:08 am |
  73. Rhea

I would be emotionally crushed. The one thing that brings someone down after high school is not getting accepted into a school you've been either dreaming about or planning for since what, 8th grade? I wouldn't scold the school, at least. Things happen, you have to learn to either dodge what life throws at you or accept it. Which one will it be?

April 4, 2009 at 3:32 am |
  74. Josh

I would sue them

April 4, 2009 at 9:50 am |
  75. lucas

i wouldn't at all, say sorry because if they through my life away, i would be MAD

April 4, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  76. Hunter and Darren

That is not so nice.If they got a scholarship they should do more than say sorry.They should give them a chance.

April 4, 2009 at 12:20 pm |
  77. Shwana

That would suck! I would be upset to waste time and money to get there. Then out of the blue you dont get accepted. That was mean to people who did that.

April 4, 2009 at 1:17 pm |
  78. Dani

Getting rejected then accepted then rejected again that would be hard. If they made that harsh of a mistake they should do something else than just saying sorry. At least give them something free. If I would have to take that rejection then get accepted and rejected again it would be like someone drivind a stake into my heart, especially if it was my dream college.

April 4, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  79. Rachel

I would actually accept the consequences. I might freak out but I'll try to be okay. If it was some other University that I was just dying to get in and this happened, well yeah I would fight for it. All I can say is that it's just life. My teacher would say, "Life's tough in the big city".

April 4, 2009 at 1:46 pm |
  80. Utau

I'd be upset, espcially if I really wanted to go to that school. I mean it makes you feel rejected twice if you think about it. It is hard enough to get into college and then be rejected once, why twice?

April 4, 2009 at 2:02 pm |
  81. Ina&Jessica

We would not be able to forget it so easliy.. If we got excepted into the college that we really wanted to get excepted to, and then got rejected, its not that easy to just let go and move on with. We would want a better explination other than, "We sent that on accident, you really didn't get excepted."

April 4, 2009 at 3:11 pm |
  82. Dj

i think they shuld get a scholar ship or something
    for being tricked like that

April 4, 2009 at 6:09 pm |
  83. Bill

I wouldn't want to be rejected twice from the same college. I would be mad.

April 4, 2009 at 7:22 pm |
  84. Bill

I think that if a college sent a message that wasn't supposed to be yours anyway, i wouldn't want to go because they're so disorganized.

April 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm |
  85. maggie

well if the e-mail was there falt i would say forget u i probally already applied for more colleges and i probally already got excepted but if it was someone elses fault i would say whatever its ok and than forget about it but i dont know im not in college.

April 4, 2009 at 9:13 pm |
  86. Jake

I think kids should be able to go to whatever coolege they want if they have the mony for it. It's there fault if they ere not smart enough to go to that college.

April 4, 2009 at 10:35 pm |
  87. Sunwoo

I'll forget about it like thinking like this, 'I was in a fantasy.'

April 5, 2009 at 12:20 am |
  88. Cece

If this situation happened to me, I'd have to say I'd get over it. Why? Because I don't want to go to a University that doesn't have it's act together!

April 5, 2009 at 12:54 am |
  89. Kaitlin

I think that unfair for the students that did get the hoax letter. The school should make up their mind before giving out letters. Very careless and unfair.

April 5, 2009 at 1:10 am |
  90. Yesenia

I think that the students who got sent those fake letters should get accepted to the school.

April 5, 2009 at 1:26 am |
  91. juan

That was not very nice to the students that got sent those bad letters some of the student could have celebrated all ready.

April 5, 2009 at 1:29 am |
  92. Josh

It would be a bummer, and I feel I could forgive them for the mistake. We're all subject to making mistakes every once and awhile. And instead of taking this so negatively and sitting down and crying about it, I would try to use this to push me to work harder at another college so that one day I might be able to fulfill my dreams at my dream college.

April 5, 2009 at 3:32 am |
  93. Dave

Something like this ever happened to me then I would see towards the time I would save, the money, and goals of my life means of going to this university how will it help. Like I joined my community college to do Aviation Flight Technology and on this April 23 2009 they will let us know whether the course is existing or not. So for a second if it is not then will I be upset no, I will do something else to get a degree then in my bachelors I can go do what I wanted to.

April 5, 2009 at 4:28 am |
  94. Nick

I would be pretty mad...i would have my parents file a lawsuit..because, thats just wrong

April 5, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  95. aimee

i just get a letter saying i'm in and then later they say that was a mistake i would be soooooo sad if that ever happpend to me

April 5, 2009 at 1:01 pm |
  96. Dezy

Why would they send out the papers and then take it back? I would fight for my right to go to the university. I got the paper right? I deservie it.

April 5, 2009 at 3:30 pm |
  97. saphilia

if i was rejected ,then getting a letter from that university saying i am accepted. i would definety not be to happy about it .i would definety go to that university and complain about the letter they sent me.

April 5, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  98. Chelsey :)

id be pretty bummed...but you know accidents happen

April 5, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  99. Elizabeth

I would be devestated, being rejected once is bad enough twice is unberrible.

April 5, 2009 at 6:46 pm |
  100. Corbin

I would say that you sent an e-mail clearly stating that I was accepted ino the university, then when they said it was a mistake.....I would be so angry. I get accepted, rejected, accepted, rejected AGAIN! I couldn't ever imagine going through things this brutal to my education expirence, because my education means a lot to my family and myself. But then getting rejected from a college, etc. Oh my gosh. I would never apply for anything associating with that college again.

April 5, 2009 at 9:32 pm |
  101. Corbin

Dezy, i would do that too. (if it were to be me.)

April 5, 2009 at 9:33 pm |
  102. Nevaeh-May

That's terrible. If that happened to me I would be devastated. There should be some way that University of California has to make sure these teenagers get into a descent school.

April 5, 2009 at 10:06 pm |
  103. Rachel

That is definitely a big mistake on the college's part but it was an accident and I would get over it. After that I wouldn't want to go to the college anyway.

April 6, 2009 at 12:25 am |
  104. Chaz

Student should be able to fight for option to attend the college that an aceptence letter came from!

April 6, 2009 at 8:11 am |
  105. Guy

If that happened to me i would be very angry, and i would most likely never forgive them for this mistake, they could ruin college plans for a lot of people, they should do something more than say sorry, saying sorry isn't enough for all of the plans they have killed in mid thought.

April 6, 2009 at 8:40 am |
  106. Sara

I would probably just forget about it and move on to my other college choices. Of course the University of California can't accept everyone that got a fake acceptance letter – they were rejected at first for a reason. It's better to go on to a college where you are better suited.

April 6, 2009 at 8:44 am |
  107. Harrison

I don't think you can really get mad at the college in general, but I think whoever made the mistake should be fired. There really isn't anything you can do about it, & its not like you were unfairly rejected, so people should just move on. I would just make new college plans. I understand why people might get frustrated, but the whole situation could have been avoided if they had done better in school & originally were accepted.

April 6, 2009 at 8:57 am |
  108. carley

that is terriable to do that to students who really wanted to go to that school. if you accepted them then they have a right to attend the school. its just not right to go back on your word like that.

April 6, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  109. Madi

I would be soo sad if that happened to me! I mean to get a letter to get in and being sooooo happy then getting a letter that I wasn't in..i would be VERY sad:(

April 6, 2009 at 12:28 pm |
  110. Leanna :)

I understand that the economy is bad but they can’t do that to students because what if they were going to apply to a different college but missed the deadline because they got an e-mail saying that they did get accepted. They can’t do that.

April 6, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  111. Sabrina and Alissa

That would be horrible! All of your hopes and dreams to go to that college would be crushed the first time you were rejected, then you would be happy because you thought you made it in when actually you didn't!!!!!! ALL OF THOSE DREAMS CRUSHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  112. Madison

i think that if they got the letter they should be accepted into the school!

April 6, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  113. kylee

i think he should keep on fighting for his spot in that college because they told him he was accepted and what if he has no other hope in any other colleges thats not fair to him

April 6, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  114. Mr. Cornell's class

it dosent feel good to be rejected, accepted, and rejected again and again

April 6, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  115. Madi

I would be very sad and angry that someone would do that to me and other people wanting to get into a good college.

April 6, 2009 at 12:42 pm |
  116. Bailey

I would have to say I would be pretty upset if I was rejected.But if I was to be sent an e-mail two weeks later that said I was accept that would probly be a dream come true.I'd probly throw a party.
    But then to find out that it was a joke thing I would really get mad.I would probably not let it go and would want the person that did the joke to be fired.Or at least punished for there actions.

April 6, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  117. Carl

I certainly think being rejected is not a good thing

April 6, 2009 at 12:49 pm |
  118. Will

i would be in major pain because i would really want to get an education but, to be rejected, accepted, and rejected again is so brutal i would hide my face. also if you wanted to follow in some one's foot steps you would tell them that you were accepted but then you would have to break them and tell them that you actually got rejected. that is how i would feel.

April 6, 2009 at 2:08 pm |
  119. Blake

That would be very depressing, but Carl is right every person can't be accepted into college. Everyone would want to have an education. Rejected is bad enough, but twice.

April 6, 2009 at 2:11 pm |
  120. Joel

I think that the school should give them a second chance to get an acceptance to the school and go next school year so they will still have the excitement of the acceptance and go to the school ( just later).

April 6, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  121. Bill

That college would be very rude. it would make me mad, then happy, then mad like i'd never been before.

April 6, 2009 at 6:43 pm |
  122. Melody

I think that its not fair to them because once they get the letter saying they werent accepted then they would probably start applying to other colleges but if then they get an e mail saying they were then it just messes everybody up.

April 6, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  123. Danica

Getting rejected ih hard to get it over because you tried your best to get in the school 😦 . So i think everybody should get a second chance 🙂 ;]

April 7, 2009 at 8:09 am |
  124. Gabby

This is not right it is a funny April fool's joke but i wouldnt want to go to a school that made that big of a mistake. It's just not cool.

April 7, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  125. Alexandra

Some people may think of this as a hilarious April Fool's joke, but a good joke is not supposed to hurt anyone. This crushed many people and is not funny.

April 7, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  126. Adrianna

If this really happened to me, i'll just get over it. You'll somehow get over it sooner or later why not just a little earlier. I wouldn't want to go to a university that would be this unorganized.

April 7, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  127. Sophia

I think that being rejected once is bad enough and that the college should give all of those students a formal apology explaining what happened in the computer. Imagine if that happened to you!

April 7, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  128. Kayla

First of all it does hurt but twice!! In my eyes, there is no mistakes in life. I would tell them and they might apologize. Plus if it was a mistake twice you might not even trust the college anymore. I'd arrange a meeting and finally find out from a real person, not one of those robots who call you and are annoying!!!

April 7, 2009 at 4:45 pm |
  129. Kyle

I would be pretty mad, I mean who rejects you, changes their mind, and then says we are sorry you aren't going to our school. These students should be offered scholarships and too bad how much it costs for the school. They are jerks and they deserve it.

April 7, 2009 at 4:46 pm |
  130. Dianna

Everything happens for a reason. I believe these people who have had their dreams crushed by this college will just move one to bigger and better things.

April 7, 2009 at 7:05 pm |
  131. Libby

I defenitally would be able to get over it because everyone makes mistakes and being a good college doesnt make you immune to making mistakes. It doesn't matter if you don't get in the college you want anyway not alot of people do.

April 7, 2009 at 9:08 pm |
  132. Duudikens

If I had two great colleges that I equally wanted to go to and I get rejected, accepted, and rejected again by one of those colleges I'd be hurt but not crushed. I look at it as, hey it's their loss. So yes I would cut my losses and go to my other college. Hey who knows what could happen!

April 8, 2009 at 9:42 am |
  133. heather

i think it a dumb

April 8, 2009 at 11:12 am |
  134. Rachel

To me, school is EVERYTHING. to be accepted into a grade a school is such a great accomplishment. and then for it to be all taken away from just an "accident". that is no excuse. im very disappointed...

April 8, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  135. dillon

i think it sux!!!!!!!!!!!

April 8, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  136. Jose'

libby, you've gotta consider the fact that these kids have worked their whole life to get into a decent college. for them to be rejected once, and once more RIGHT after they were finally accepted, that's just completely inexcusable and unforgivable.

April 8, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  137. Jose'

i completely agree with you Courtney.

April 8, 2009 at 6:04 pm |
  138. Michael

I`d be like ultra angry if that happened.

April 8, 2009 at 8:29 pm |
  139. lAURA AND kAELA

We think that it is irresponsible that they did that. We think that if you send one out to someone then they should be able to no matter what. It wasn't their falt it was the schools. Where are they going to go now?

April 9, 2009 at 2:40 pm |
  140. Jennyfer

I would get disappointed but I wouldn't believe them because if they would really accepted you they would had called not send an e-mail!!!

April 9, 2009 at 3:58 pm |
  141. carolina

well I would really do is be a little sad for like an hour or so then I would forget about it (because I almost always forget everything) and go check in another university and move on in my life.

April 9, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  142. michelle

I think they should go back and tell them the truth by saying they will make a new thing (for free) for those poeple rejected and have a website for them to share the poeples` feelings and for the probles to nbe sovled.

April 12, 2009 at 1:46 pm |
  143. jessica

that would sink, and i would NOT ever forget about it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 13, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  144. Evan

I'm sorry but how stupid can people get, if you reject someone you shouldn't send an e-mail saying that they are accepted as a false. You know there are people that actually really want to get into college so they can get a job that they have wanted and worked so hard for in their life. I feel really sorry for this person, but if this did happen you really do need to move on because they are not worth trying to get in if they play this little mistake prank on you.

April 14, 2009 at 9:39 am |
  145. Anne

I might try and fight if it was a place I really wanted to go to, but if it wasn't maybe I'd let it go. . .

April 14, 2009 at 12:40 pm |