March 18th, 2009

Affordable Entertainment

Which do you like best?

We ran a report a while back that explained why Hollywood often does well in a bad economy:  Movies are entertaining, they're relatively cheap, and they help us escape from the realities that can bring us down.  Today, of course, we have video games as well, and they're better than ever.  (The graphics on my cousin's Nintendo DS are MUCH better than they were on the arcades your teachers remember from the 80s and 90s.  And I don't even need to mention the Wii or PlayStation...)

Some things don't change, though:  A lot of you are still avid readers (libraries are thriving), and some of you just like hanging out with your friends.  So tell us what you like to do when the days get long and cash is short.

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: News Coverage • Uncategorized
  1. Melissa

On a day when I can't go to the mall and socialize with my friends, I actually do love to sit down with a good book (preferably historical fiction or facts). Otherwise, I'm watching Spongebob, CNN, or playing nintendogs.

March 18, 2009 at 10:27 pm |
  2. Xavier

I want to ask a question. WHY BOTHER? I mean, for heaven sake, doesn't everybody want to get a PROPER JOB? Not part time job in your local pizzaria but a well-earning, good priced job in Washington or New York? If I have time for entertainments Carl, I'll use that time to plunge to books and study. Yessir I will. And don't you call me boring, Carl!!!!!

March 19, 2009 at 2:37 am |
  3. Xavier

... although I would like to go to cinema and watch Slumdog Millionaire or Watchman...

March 19, 2009 at 2:38 am |
  4. Arya

I like to spend my time reading. I can learn all these facts from books and when I'm reading a fantasy, It's like going into a different world. I can get away from the present and forget the worries. I like the book series "Harry potter" and "Inheritance(Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr)" best.

March 19, 2009 at 3:20 am |
  5. Juniper

I like sports. Most of the girls like to sit and play but I like running around. I like swimming best and jump rope. It feels so good. When I'm inside, I read books or decorate my room.

March 19, 2009 at 3:31 am |
  6. Ashley

I like hanging out with my friends though I usually watching TV or movies when cash is short.

March 19, 2009 at 3:35 am |
  7. Ashley

I like hanging out with my friends though.. I usually watching TV or movies when cash is short.

March 19, 2009 at 3:36 am |
  8. Juny

I usually enjoy playing sports with my friends. Playing sports doesn't require money except for equipment such as balls. We can not only be healthy but also spend less of my allowances on wasteful things. Also, we can be intimate with friends even more.

March 19, 2009 at 5:21 am |
  9. Mr. Owen's Class

I like working in my yard! I also like reading books from the library.

March 19, 2009 at 7:39 am |
  10. Alina

It depends. I like to go to movies, especially the early bird matinee or adult matinee, when it costs only $4.50 or $5.75 instead of $8. I like watching TV, and playing games on the computer since we don't have an X-Box anymore, and I like to talk to friends whenever I can.

March 19, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  11. Ashraff

What I like to do on a long day when cash is short? That's easy! If cash is short do something productive like chores, paperwork, or taxes, or because time is money.

March 19, 2009 at 9:24 am |
  12. The kid

When I'm at home on a vacation break I usually go on my laptop and listen to some music. Or I invite one of my friends over and go play basketball or play my XBOX 360.

March 19, 2009 at 9:25 am |
  13. Matthew

Movies and tv just don't diliver reuseable entertainment but conversations and video games hit the nail on the head.

Besides who can't resist a little Mario?

March 19, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  14. Mary

Movies are without a doubt the best form of entertainment. It allows a person to escape reality, even if it’s only for a few hours, and nowadays that is something that is a good consolation for bad economic times.

March 19, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  15. tyler

video games are the best thing to happen to this country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    video games rock

March 19, 2009 at 10:01 am |
  16. christina

I thank that for intertainment it would be easier to just play a video game or buy some dvds because it is mush cheaper in the long run.

March 19, 2009 at 10:04 am |
  17. Samantha

I think that if you have a playstation 3 I think it would be worth it to spend $60 because playstation 3 is very popular.

March 19, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  18. Shawn

well i like talking to friends but my video games at a last resort when i am really bored

March 19, 2009 at 10:08 am |
  19. Coach Wyatt's class

Hey Mr. Azuz. We're Back!! Thank you for the shout out this morning. We all yelled with excitement. We all prefer to hang out with friends and play video games rather than go to a movie. They're too expensive. Thank you agian.

Coach Wyatt's First Block

March 19, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  20. josie

I like to play my flute.I am good thanks to my band teacher Mrs. Crocker.I love to play my wii, mostly wii fit. Why are my comments ever on the show?

March 19, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  21. Chandni and Allisa

We think that hollywood is getting easy money because everyone likes movies and it's cheap enough to efford.

March 19, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  22. Leah

When I'm bored, I usually go to the library and read. A lot of times I'll just start typing on my REALLY old computer (It looks like a mini washing machine : ) ). Writing is a big thing for me, considering I have at least twenty stories in the works!!

March 19, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  23. Courtney

What I like to do when i dont have a lot of money is go to the park, hangout with friends. watch some movies at home with my familyy. heres a good question Carl. What do YOU like to do on days where money is short??

March 19, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  24. Phi

I usually walk around at home and surf the internet.
    Phi.

March 19, 2009 at 12:03 pm |
  25. JoJo

Video games are the best!

March 19, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  26. Charlotte

well, i usually call one of my friends, and we walk to the nearest market, and get something. instead of asking our parents for money, we spend out of our own pocket. the market, candy store, and playground at our old school are all with in walking distance, so its easy to walk there. we stay out for about two hours. plus, we r walking. saving the planet. 🙂

March 19, 2009 at 12:42 pm |
  27. Jenna

People were playing to many video games BEFORE the economy got out of hand, why play more now? Movies, TV, and video games are man made, and They suck you in, and make you play them all day!! Hanging out with friends, go on a bike ride, go to a live performance, don't spend your life in the house playing a meaningless game that just makes you dumber.

March 19, 2009 at 1:11 pm |
  28. bryant

well im on the football and wrestling team and well when im short on money i try just to go out once and a while with my teamates to buffetes and then go play some vids or football

March 19, 2009 at 1:12 pm |
  29. Julio, Cindy

1.) Go to the park and play sports.
    2.) Going to the pools.
    3.) You can reads silently.
    4.) Go on the computer.
    5.) Watching funny stuff in the TV.
    6.) Listening to the radio.
    7.) Hang out with family or friends.
    8.) Go to the park and ride your bike.
    9.) Go to see the animals at the zoo.
    10.) Go to the theater.

March 19, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  30. Adam

What do I like to do? I really like making Rube Goldberg contraptions. Actually, I'm in the middle of constructing one. I'm trying to get it to open soda-pop bottles.

March 19, 2009 at 1:50 pm |
  31. Mrs. Tucker's Class

Our top 3 things we like to do when money is short:
    1. Spend time outside with friends and pets.

2. Read books.

3. Play board games with friends or family (these games do not waste electricity).

from Parker, CO

March 19, 2009 at 2:14 pm |
  32. Luis and Leo

I could play soccer.
    I could play foot ball.
    I could watch TV.
    I could hang out with my friends.
    I could play volleyball.
    I could play kick ball.
    I could play with my wiii
    I could play with my play station2.
    I could play hiding go sick.
    I could play tag.

March 19, 2009 at 2:18 pm |
  33. Nelson, Jaun

Tip: 1 Play video games like Mr. William on Saturday.
    Tip: 2 Go with your friends at the park or at there house or at your house.
    Tip: 3 Go and rent a movie and watch it with your family.
    Tip: 4 or also you could baby sit like around three times a week.
    Tip: 5 Also you could go to the movies with your friends or with your parents.
    Tip: 6 you could also watch TV and if you have cable you could look up a movie.
    Tip: 7 Also what I would do on Saturday I will come to school with Mr. Williams.
    Tip: 8 you could also take a nap and the day will go by fast.
    Tip: 9 you could also play with your brothers if you have any.
    Tip: 10 and if you have rock band and you could invite some friends over.

March 19, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  34. marilu & jessica

1.] you could buy a ball to play with your friends.
    2.] you could talk on the phone.
    3.] watch a move.
    4.] or you cant wash TV.
    5.] or you cant play video games.
    6.] or you can look at the cars .
    7.] or you can go on the pool whet your friends.
    8.] you cant use your mp3 player
    9.] play basketball whet your friends.
    10.]you cant play whet your make up.

March 19, 2009 at 2:29 pm |
  35. Bryan & Noemi

1.) Talk in the phone with girls or boys.
    2.) By chips and watch movies.
    3.) Play Game with my friends.
    4.) Play basketball or soccer with my family and friend.
    5.) Go out in a party with cozen.
    6.) Make a party with out spending money.
    7.) Learned how to drive.
    8.) Talk in the phone with my favorite friends.
    9.) Read book or magazine in break time.
    10.) Watch colors picture in the internet.

March 19, 2009 at 2:35 pm |
  36. Bryan and Juan

Here are 10 ways to spend entertainment.
    1.] I go play soccer in the park.
    2.] Play basketball in the park.
    3.] I going to the zoo.
    4.] Playing video games.
    5.] Playing wall ball.
    6.] Going swimming.
    7.] Playing in the arcade.
    8.] Ride your bike.
    9.] Play baseball w/ friends
    10.] Well mostly it says that games are entertainment. but mostly I want to be an marine biologist its fun to work with pinapeds like: seals , sea lions , walrus and more teach them how to jump and have lots of fun . I love sea lions.

March 19, 2009 at 2:38 pm |
  37. Sage

I am a bit cheap and I don't get sucked in by ads. For the most part I know sooner then later I will get bored with it and have wasted my money, so I only buy things I know I will love. Plus, even if I want it I will wait for awhile and see if I still want it then. Smart shopping means saving!
    Also, I read a lot and will always read it at the library before buying it. Netflix also gives cheap movies so I'm covered there.
    Saving is really easy when you think about it. ^_^

March 19, 2009 at 2:47 pm |
  38. Ben

Id almost always take talking to a friend over just about everything else. Except maybe when i havent played guitar hero on the nintendo wii.

March 19, 2009 at 3:08 pm |
  39. Utau

I can always get entertainment from talking with my friends, we're all nut bars! Or I could just go online and watch my favorite shows there, since a couple of my favorite shows are Japanese Anime... Other than that my family and I just watch TV.

PS: You guys rock for putting my comment on the show! And, BTW, the name is pronounced Ooh-Tah-Ooh,

March 19, 2009 at 3:30 pm |
  40. Bill

I like to spend time with my family but their always too busy.

March 19, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  41. Bill

On rainy days i do everything but go outside like go on the computer or watch TV.

March 19, 2009 at 3:35 pm |
  42. Bill

I can't get as much things anymore but i still do thigs during the day.

March 19, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  43. Bill

I go outside and play because you know economy these days, we can't go and buy a lot of stuff anymore like we used to.

March 19, 2009 at 3:39 pm |
  44. Bill

I don't like reading so i don't read unless it's for a book report or something.

March 19, 2009 at 3:40 pm |
  45. Avery

I think it's good to buy video games because it's cheaper than pay 40 to 60 dollars at a movie if you have a big family. Also video games teach you hand eye coordination.

March 19, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  46. Houston

I hang out with my friend Kyle and play the game or jump on the trampoline.

March 19, 2009 at 4:51 pm |
  47. Houston

The most affordable entertainment would probably be TV or Nintindo products

March 19, 2009 at 4:54 pm |
  48. Madalyn

I usually read (lots and lots of books) when i dont have homework, or when I just have nothing to do... And my friends and I will sometimes go to movies together at the dollar theater.

March 19, 2009 at 5:29 pm |
  49. Chelsea

I think affordable entertainment would be exersise its free and good for health, I also think that playing computer games is good.

March 19, 2009 at 6:11 pm |
  50. Kole

i do many things to entertain me. mostly video games and reading. i also enjoy movies. we have a wii. they are very fun and worth getting. but readin is also very enjoyable. most students think "reading!?!/ Ya right!' but what many people dont realize there are great books out there. i also enjoy playing sports with my friends. that entertains me as well.

March 19, 2009 at 6:20 pm |
  51. Tristan

When it is a lond day with no money at all
    i would like to
    sleep
    watch tv
    play viedo games
    and eat all those junkies all fatty looking

March 19, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  52. Carlos

unlike some
    i would read books
    then fall asleep ahah
    dont call me lazy CARL!!!!!!
    i could be lazy but in a good way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 19, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  53. Tanya

Instead of going out and spending my money on movies and resturants I have been saving it for more important things like prom. So instead when I want to do something away from home or with my friends they tend to be more active like going to the park or going to the lake to go swimming instead of the YMCA.

March 19, 2009 at 8:09 pm |
  54. Tanya

Instead of going out to a movie and diner with my girls we go rent a movie from the dollar theater, pick up cheap snacks (or just eat what we have at home) and have a girls night in this way instead of spending say $30 we might only spend $5-$10. And we get to watch more movies for cheaper!!

March 19, 2009 at 8:20 pm |
  55. Marina

I never thought of it that way but when you buy a game console you really do get a lot more use! Here is also a tip...when buying games buy used nes they are just as fun and usually cost a lot less!

March 19, 2009 at 8:39 pm |
  56. Lamiya

I usually make plans with my bffs or cram for the next test! I make sure I'm caught up and organized. I really do like to watch the past episodes with Carl in them. He's hilarious! After that, I like to go and play a nice quiet round of Halo 3. Then, I go shopping at the mall with my friends. Carl, your hilarious.

March 19, 2009 at 8:47 pm |
  57. Amita

I like to go to the movies with friends or to the mall. When I go to the mall I don't have to buy anything there, I can just bond with friends and/or family. Carl, your hilarious. Don't ever change. I'm your #1 fan.

March 19, 2009 at 8:49 pm |
  58. Melissa

Xavier, I would work but I am only fourteen, meaning I can only work in a family business. But you are probably right, If I could work, I would.

March 19, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  59. Eva

I like to spend my time doing puzzles. I can do 150 pieces easily now and 300pieces is okay too (even though it takes a long time). I'm now trying to do 500 pieces now.

March 20, 2009 at 1:54 am |
  60. Wayno

I read a lot - I have several books going at once. That way if my interests shift, I can change to something. It is a little difficult keeping track of "who did what to whom" sometimes.

Wayno

March 20, 2009 at 2:22 am |
  61. Ms. Whitmore's Class in Evansville, Indiana

Here's another list!
    1. One student looks for jobs throughout his neighborhood doing lawns.
    2. Another plays video games.
    3. Going to the library.
    4. Some said take their clothes to charity/volunteer!
    5. Go to the park
    6. Take a walk
    7. Hang out with friends
    8. And last but not least, spend time with your family!

March 20, 2009 at 8:57 am |
  62. Ms. Whitmore's Class

We too were very excited to be announced on your program! Thanks for including us!

March 20, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  63. Magnus

When money's short, I like to sit down on my couch, turn on my Playstation 3 and play Socom U.S. Navy SEALs Confrotaton, even though I'm bad at the game...

March 20, 2009 at 9:04 am |
  64. Haven

When its a weekend i usually try and find something to do with one of my friends like go to the movies or just hang out and if they cant hang out i just text them all day until my parents tell me to syop texting to much ^-^

March 20, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  65. Peter

1:Exercise
    2:Refrain from staring at the FatDonald's around the corner
    3:Read books.
    4.Play badminton.
    5:Play soccer.
    6:Sleep

March 20, 2009 at 9:12 am |
  66. Hayeon

Well, I like to talk with my friends or go outside with friends and watch the movies because it is funny and not boring. Or I like to play sports or read a book and I can sleep.

March 20, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  67. nicholas

If I can't afford something I play video games, read, write, play with my friends, ride my skateboard, or play a board game with my family.

March 20, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  68. O

I watch movies, tv, and play video games on a daily basis.

March 20, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  69. GIGI

I like video games. They are fun and good when friends are or arent over and when you are extremly bored. They also help otherwise like wii sports and wii fit.

March 20, 2009 at 12:04 pm |
  70. Joe

I really enjoy reading and playing basketball at the park with my friends. Sports are really fun when they arent in a leauge and free and you can just play.

March 20, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  71. Jerry

I like to play wii music and rock band... some other games that are fun are wii sports and wii fit. But Xbox 360 is really fun too.

March 20, 2009 at 12:12 pm |
  72. sarah

i like to hang out with my friends and go to movies. it is fun yet not too expensive

March 20, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  73. Jessica

if i cant afford to do things, i will normally just go hangout with my friends or family, go to the gym, read, or just relax and lounge around at my house.

March 20, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  74. Josh

When i got no money, i like to take a long drive and search through cities going with the flow. It makes you feel good and see more things in life. It also helps kill time when you have no job, no money, and its a Friday so what else can you do?

March 20, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  75. rich

I tend to hang with my friends and go find something to do. I like to play football, and watch TV on my spare time. Sense the economy isn’t the best at the moment; I try to forget that by filling my day with activities that keep me busy until the next day arrives.

March 20, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  76. Andrew

With more people staying home, there is going to be more time and more money spent on home entertainment, such as, video games, movies, online shopping. more teenagers are spending time doing these things than outside trying to find jobs, this is why the rate of unemployeed teens are so high.

March 20, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  77. Courtney

On a day where I have no money I usually hang out with my friends and watch movies or watch TV. When I don’t hang out with my friends I just stay at home and lounge around in my bed.

March 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  78. Emmalou

My friend lives with me so we always have something to do. We walk around the mall and watch movies at home. We also like to cook so we make really neat cakes.

March 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  79. Devin

When the days get long, and the money is short, i like to do things outside. Such as skateboarding around town or at a skate park, also racing bmx at the nearest track. it only costs ten dollars to enter in a race, so it is fairly cheap. Skateboarding is free, as long as you already have the skate board. Both activities are a good way of excersize, so its like the bad economy is helping my physical condition.

March 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  80. Britney

When days get long and cash in short, i will go out and help my dad do some projects around the house like painting, puttin in new floor, landscaping. there is always somethign that needs to be fixed around our house so i help him with that. I will also just go and hang out with my friends and we will play an old board game or go out and do something thats free like hanging out at the mall or go down to the city and walk around.

March 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  81. Kenneth

When money is in short supply and i feel like doing something i often plug in a DVD and watch it. This is entertaining and lasts for usually a couple of hours. I also like to go trap shooting which is relatively inexpensive.

March 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  82. Ryan

When cash is short and the days seem to drag on there are a few options in mind. First there is baseball which goes on 6 days a week so that takes up much of the time plus school. On weekends there is always the pleasant trip down to the river to go fishing. Another option is just hanging out with friends.

March 20, 2009 at 12:40 pm |
  83. Jason

The things that I like to do include playing football, basketball, workin out, hangin with friends, hangin with the ball and chain (girlfriend) and just relaxin at home after all of that with my three dogs...........and I guess my family.:)

March 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  84. Abigail

Some of the things that i like to do we there is nothing to do is
    1) play with siblings
    2) read
    3) go to a friends house
    4) clean
    5) go outside and play at the park
    *Soccer
    *Basketball
    *Tag
    *Go on the Swings

March 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  85. Hector

i don't need money to get some good entertainment. i could hang out with friends, watch T.V., or play games with my dog. i'm sure that every one has some thing they like to do without having to spend money.

March 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  86. ChAbOi

When money is low for my family, I always have something to do when I cant go out and spend money. Call Of Duty 5 is a must have for any gamer, and luckily I have my own job so I was able to buy the game. It is just about all I do besides soccer. A group of friends and I started a clan together, and we hope that this summer we can get noticed and get payed to play.

March 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  87. Allen

Now that all of my friends are unemployed we usually just hang out at one of our friend's garage. there we listen to music, play cards, play fooseball, pretty much do almost anything to pass the time. when i'm not with friends i either sit on my computer or i sit on my 360 all day until a friend calls me up or i go to sleep.

March 20, 2009 at 12:41 pm |
  88. Cassie

I'd find anything with sugar in it, mix it with coffe, coco, and chocolate ice cream, and blend it into a drink, get hyper, blare the music and dance like no tomorrow!!

March 20, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  89. Erica

I usually go out and hang with friends but sometimes i like to read and go to movies. I go to dance and sometimes go on vacations. But if there is nothing to do i just stay home and watch t.v.

March 20, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  90. Bethanny Rose

What I like to do when times are hard and I don't have a lot of pocket cash is go to my local secondhand bookstore. For the price of one book I can get four, and I prefer that over borrowing them from the library because I don't have to worry about fines and I can read it whenever I want.
    I also like to play video games with my brother, it gets us to spend time together and it's good, clean fun with a bit of competition. If those don’t hold my interest I usually call a friend or I run down to Wal-Mart and pick up a $5 dollar movie, or watch one of my own. They usually have a lot of old classics for really cheap and I can get together with people and laugh. All you need to do to keep yourself entertained during a recession is get creative on how you’re going to spend your time; you don’t need a lot of money to do that.

March 20, 2009 at 12:43 pm |
  91. marie

I think that buying video games instead of going places is a great idea. People will save their money and may still have a good time at home. Remember entertainmetn is better then spending your money.

March 20, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  92. Mr. Cornell's class

Socializing with friends is better than video games. How can people play more than socialize?

March 20, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  93. Joel

When times a hard i like to go out and play sports with my friend. I also play videogames and going to the movies because it is cheap and gives you something that takes your mind off the economy.

March 20, 2009 at 2:05 pm |
  94. Taylor

I will sually go out and hangout with frinds, Or if its a really nice day ill either go for a run or maybe even go skateboarding. Sometimes ill sit in my room and play pokemon or get down with some xbox 360.

March 20, 2009 at 2:05 pm |
  95. shawn

when i am bored and i dont have any money to send i like to get together with some friends and play some lacrosse. anything outside that will keep me busy is fun, i also play call of duty that is a good way to eat time.

March 20, 2009 at 2:06 pm |
  96. Dan

My version of cheap entertainment is watching tv, playing videogames, and watching videos on youtube. All of these are free and fun to do.

March 20, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  97. Andrea

i think that entertainment in video games is kind of interesting because instead of getting up and going outside and being with family they sit in their homes and play games. they should get up and do something with the family outside.

March 20, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  98. michael

My form of cheap entertainment is doing things outside. Instead of spending the money that I don’t have I go hiking in the woods. Another thing that I do is go over to friend’s houses and play video games. People just don’t have the money to do anything to fancy.

March 20, 2009 at 2:08 pm |
  99. Jimmy

When cash is short and the day is young my friends and I will cram into whoever’s car has the most gas and drive to the $2 movie theatre. It’s a bit more of a drive but what we save on ticket money makes up for it. If it’s a really bad day and even a two dollar ticket is to steep we’ll kick around the mall for a while, window shopping and making plans for when we do have cash. :]

March 20, 2009 at 2:08 pm |
  100. Eric

when cash is short there are planty of things you can do. spending time with your friends doesnt cost any money. instead of going to the movies just invite friends over to your house to watch a movie. you have funn without having to spend money.

March 20, 2009 at 2:09 pm |
  101. Kayla

When I have no money I like to hang out with my boyfriend and watch a movie at home, and we love to play soccer so we will sometimes kick the ball around or we play Wii Sports a lot and get very competitive with eachother.

-Kayla

March 20, 2009 at 2:10 pm |
  102. Alexis

I am a bookworm. There, I admit it. Whenever I have a down moment, I pick up my current reading novel, and, well, read. Since I do not have the funding to buy all my books new or used, I make use of the public library. I can request certain books online, get multiple books at once, and if I don’t like it, I return it. It costs nothing and lets me escape into a place that it more entertaining than where I am now. It is the ideal way to keep yourself amused and improve your reading level at the same time.

March 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm |
  103. Katie

Even though I have to pay for gas I like just getting into the car with my boyfriend or best friend and just driving. Gas goes a long way for my Honda so the money part isn’t a big deal. We go on long drives and talk. Or we will stop at a store and go in but we never really buy anything. We also go down memory lane sometimes, I’ve lived a lot of places so it’s always fun to go around and share memories. Talking and memories are free so $25 for a tank of gas is well worth it. We have the whole country in front of us so I doubt we’ll ever run out of somewhere to go.

March 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm |
  104. Jordan

Personally, my cell phone is probably my biggest form of entertainment. I am extremely bored without it, I am constantly texting my friends, I check my myspace on it, I update my twitter account, check my facebook, I listen to music on my phone, and I always try to beat my high score on brick breaker. Even when I’m hanging out with my friends, shopping, out to dinner, or a movie, I’m always on my phone, it’s kind of sad. I just think that, that’s how our generation is, we use our cell phones for everything, I don’t even TALK on my phone, I just use it for texting and internet. So, basically that’s my biggest form of entertainment. That and shopping, my two favorites! :]

March 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm |
  105. Harrison

I love to lift weights when I am stuck at home and don't have enough money to get out. Though a big weight set is expensive, you don't need that to be able to work out suffciently. You can do ab workouts with anything to hold your feet down, you can work out your upper body with push-ups and pull-ups. You can run as well. I guarantee that anyone can afford this, because it costs literally nothing. I also enjoy playing my guitar. Even though some guitars may cost a fortune, you can go to your neighborhood Walmart and pick up a First Act guitar for around 50 bucks. It is a great pass time and is a good way to express emotion through music.

March 20, 2009 at 2:12 pm |
  106. Sharaya

If i have no money my boy friend and i stay at home watch movies and just relax. or if im with friends we like to have girls night, stay up late and play board games.

March 20, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  107. Khelsie

I like hanging out with friends and coming up with random things to do. We usually go places where we know people so we get entertainment for free.

March 20, 2009 at 2:15 pm |
  108. KYLE

When days are long and I am tight for cash I really love just chilling with friends. Whether it be sitting on the couch or going to the river no object like money can stop our endless possibilities of cheep affordable fun. Money is nothing more than an object, good times are made because of the people you are with not the money you spend.

March 20, 2009 at 2:18 pm |
  109. Carrington, Beto , Matt

the best entertainment is everything you can find.

March 20, 2009 at 2:38 pm |
  110. Jonathan

I think everybody has different opinions, me personally I think computers are one of the best things ever. I like computers so much that I spend most of my time on it although if I can I go to one of my friends.

March 20, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  111. Trist@n

Come on people cheap entertanment is everywhere! reading a book is as cheap as entertanment can get!

March 20, 2009 at 3:35 pm |
  112. naomi

i think that movies do so well because its rock solied they will never go away like death or taxes

March 20, 2009 at 4:12 pm |
  113. Dave

When the day is lojng and the cash is short I like to even enjoy more. Because in the short cash You can have snacks, drinks, and do so much. short cash gives you a chance to let you know the person you are with.

March 20, 2009 at 7:27 pm |
  114. Juan

I think that the water with the different colors was a great idea. It should help cure alot of people with the money it gets.

March 20, 2009 at 7:44 pm |
  115. Trent

I would play outside and play with friends. You get exersize and it's good for you.

March 20, 2009 at 8:15 pm |
  116. megan

anyone one who runs out of money even kids should make their own jobs.That is what I did , I started selling wooden watermelons.I also helped my grandpa with work.Peole who are looking for jobs but cant think of anything for a new kind of job like babysitting.

Megan

March 20, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  117. Jacob

I think its great if kids are avoiding movies and tv or video games to go outside and talk to friends more people should do that!

i wana give a shout out to Mr. Gregerous! if thats how u spell it!

March 20, 2009 at 10:24 pm |
  118. Damian

The only 3 things I like to do when moneys short are read,relax,and sleep

March 20, 2009 at 10:53 pm |
  119. Emmuh.

I often just go to a sporting event at school, or maybe a movie night, or some other kind of party going on that day...there's usually always things like that to do when everyone's short on money, because all the kids are just trying to get aways from their parents stressed attitudes.

March 21, 2009 at 12:29 am |
  120. paula

i think that you representing CNN students news are a very good host i like how you say everything the shout out cause you should see my class they do shout it out. anyway i think that my school sees CNN student news almost Monday and Friday and we love it so we wont have to do work. i hope you have a big hit with this program and i hope you do more so my class wont have to do work thank and bye

March 21, 2009 at 12:45 am |
  121. wadidi

When a cost is short talking with friends are good way. TV, Video game, and movie is doing alone so they feel lonely. We can use it for eat snack or instunt food.

March 21, 2009 at 12:58 am |
  122. wadidi

When a cost is short, talking or playing with friends are good way. TV, Video games, or movies are doing alone so they feel lonely. We can use money to eat snack or instunt food with my friends.

March 21, 2009 at 1:00 am |
  123. Da hyun

I usually spend most of my time watching tv or surfing Internet, it can release my stress, and I can enjoy my self. However, I think watching tv and playing video games for a long time make children's charcter violent and bad. When, playing with friends and siblings can one of great way to do not spend a lot of money and spend time.

March 21, 2009 at 3:52 am |
  124. jasmine

i like going computer then going
    on myspace or hang out at the beach

March 21, 2009 at 4:32 am |
  125. REXICAL

I like listening to music, do internet, and watch the movie. Nowadays, I have so many homeworks, so I don't watch the movie. However, before sleep or go to academy I listening to music and after doing English homework, I doing internet. Internet is so cool.

March 21, 2009 at 7:46 am |
  126. Jade

I think talking with the friends is the best way to play. It is more cheaper than other plays. Talking is the way to know their friends each other. Nintendo DS is worst than play computer game.

March 21, 2009 at 7:57 am |
  127. Ariana

First of all none of my comments is on this show but talking with friends are the best and I think out of movies tvs and video games talking with friends is lessexpensive.love you carl!!!!!

March 21, 2009 at 9:32 pm |
  128. james(junxi)

i don't like talk so much with anybody if i don't have to,i always just talk with couple friends by my PC, most time my life is school and PC,
    but some times i will go to church play basketball alone after school.for my heath~~~

ps:i also don't like talk anything here,but i want gei extra point

March 21, 2009 at 9:52 pm |
  129. jaehyun

I'd like to play computer, or video games. You have to go out and thake some times to do that. Still video games are fun and it could be done in houses. Also you can meet people on online games. Also, it's uneasy to stop watching movies or TVprograms.

March 21, 2009 at 11:53 pm |
  130. Daisuke

I would like to talk with my friends for the following reasons. First, making conversation is enjoyable to me, and I can feel relaxed( I usually have fun talking about our hobbies, such as movie and reading with them). Second, talking with friends helps me to learn many things. My friends stimulate me. Finally, talking with them is cheaper than other things.

March 22, 2009 at 1:42 am |
  131. minjae

...I usually talk with friends when i'm free and money is short. it is cheaper than everything! just spending time! Nintendo,TV or surfing is great,too. However, I'm easily bored with them. And they're doing same things,,,simple games like tetris, I'd like to communicate with someone and get fresh news from my friend.

March 22, 2009 at 7:41 am |
  132. DaSeul

I spend most of my time by playing with my friends or watching TV. So i think playing or talking with friends is best way to spend time. It doesn't cost anything and also it is not harmful for health. Many people likes to play video games but i think it is not good for health and also waste of time when people get into it deeply.

March 22, 2009 at 8:29 am |
  133. Seon

I like talking with my friends for entertainment. I don't have to pay for something like game and I can be sick of playing games or watching TV, but hanging with my fiends is different. Therefore,I think it's the most beneficial way to spend time.

March 22, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  134. Bill

Sometimes I watch TV, but a lot of times there's nothing on. Then i go on the computer or play outside or play my Wii.

March 22, 2009 at 11:20 am |
  135. Jade

Well, i usually talk with my firends, and we talk about games or study. , and play games or study math or English. We go to the park when we are boring. Sometimes, we go to the ice-rink to ride skates.

March 22, 2009 at 12:12 pm |
  136. Amber

i love going to the movies. there awsome. i go just about every weekend. books are nice too.

March 22, 2009 at 1:50 pm |
  137. Will

When i dont have electronics to mess with, i usually resort to going to friends houses and playin sports

March 22, 2009 at 8:58 pm |
  138. Michael

For me, I find entertainment fairly hard to come by nowadays but I still try to hang out with friends as much as possible. Any time where I don’t have friends around I play video games as much as possible. Outside of that I watch TV or play music. My guitar still provides about an hour or more of entertainment a day.

March 23, 2009 at 8:57 am |
  139. Brett

I really like movies a lot to be honest. As a matter of fact I’m kind of falling asleep right now because last night I stayed up watching a British film called “eastern Promises”. I must say that I was very impressed with this classic style mob movie and I really want to buy it on DVD now.

March 23, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  140. Kayla

Althought money might be a little tight right now because of the economy and jobs being lost ,I still go to the movies. We have a dollar theater and it's like $2 in the day and like $4 at night, still amazingly cheap! But if I am really tight with my money I just like to hang out with my Boyfriend or friends, go outside and play with my Dog and Cat, I find other things to do around my house so I dont have to use that much gas, unless I just go down the road!

March 23, 2009 at 9:00 am |
  141. Jesse

When I have no cash, I just hand out with friends and do some sports. People these days need to exercise. Due to the economy, people can also be stressing. Exercising would decrease their stress and be healthy for them. From time to time, I do play video games, but I grew bored of it. I wouldn’t go around and be proud about being able to play the game the best, but I would be proud of sports.

March 23, 2009 at 9:00 am |
  142. Spud

During a struggling economy people do look to different places to find a way out of this world. People try to get away from the fact that we have a bad economy. They turn to different types of entertainment. Most people will go to the movies for a couple hours of relaxation; others will get video games and can play them for a long time. Personally I like to play sports; this is because sports haven’t changed in a long time. Baseball is still baseball, and track is still track. Nothing has changed the way sports have been played. People like to go play and watch sporting events because it helps them get away from the economy and focus on a never changing game.

March 23, 2009 at 9:02 am |
  143. Laura

I think that be able to go some place and enjoy a show or a game is great. I don’t get out much right now. I am just one of these people that like to stay at home most of the time. I like going to the library and to the movie when I have the money but I like being at home. We have all the original classics on DVD’s it is movie we enjoy watching. One of my mom’s friends burns us copy of movies off his TV and on to DVD cd’s.

March 23, 2009 at 9:02 am |
  144. Amy

When the cash is low and the friends are bored, I like to suggest walks. In my neighborhood there's a beach access to the lake, so we'll hike down there and sit and talk or walk along the shoreline. It's fun, relaxing, and it's a great way to get to know friends. Plus, it is so pretty there. Just this past week, I watched the sun go down with one of my friends, and we talked on the beach for at least an hour. No technology, no gas being used up, not money down the drain, just a fun time on the beach (and the Ocean is no where near us!). Great times!

March 23, 2009 at 9:06 am |
  145. Joshua

The best affordable entertainment i feel is what ever makes you happy. And for everyone that is different, everyone has something that they feel is cheap effect, but they will get fuller enterainment vaule out of it. So its hard to say what the best and cheapest enterainment there is.

March 23, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  146. Crystal

I like going shopping and hanging out with friends. When I am at home I usually watch tv.

March 23, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  147. Brittany

During the summer, if money is tight, I like to have a friend over. Then we usually go for a bike ride, or go swimming. But in the winter, not during school, I like to go snowboarding.

March 23, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  148. Kaitlyn

I don't get our often to see movies or go to the movie theaters but when I do I make the movies worth wild. I make sure that I have fun and that the movie I pick is worth it. I know that I watch a lot of TV at home and my friends house but yeah I'm a nature person so I'd rather be outside then watch TV or Movies

March 23, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  149. Alexander

I still go to the movies and the skating rink every now and then, but not as much as I used to. The cost has gone up, but I really care about the price. just the quality.

March 23, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  150. Katey

I'd rather be walking around with my friends. We always have something to talk about, and we usually end up going to the library anyway. The second would be reading.

March 23, 2009 at 11:02 am |
  151. KAtie

I play sports or run or something or I just watch tv. Thats pretty much what I do when times get rough.

March 23, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  152. Wyatt

I like going to the movies and watching TV and because it's March Madness is going on now I'm watching more TV. I like reading books to

March 23, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  153. McKenzie

There are a lot of times when the days are long and their is nothing to do . Most of the time my mom is not around to give me money. So if their is nothing really to do then I like to go hang out with my friends or just text them. I think that really that is what I do mostly when I get bored. It just depends on who I want to text or to talk to.

March 23, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  154. Seth

They are video games, what else do you need to know?

March 23, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  155. Sydney

I like hanging out and talking with my friends. Usually we take walks and talk about stuff or we hang out at each others houses. This is something that we both can do without having to spend money. When we both have money to spend we go to the movies or shopping. But, I think that spending time with my friends is very beneficial.

March 23, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  156. Geordan

i like to go and play a sport or a friends house or any thing. I usually am playing a sport all the time for every season. So i am usually doing some thing.

March 23, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  157. Hannah

I would just stay home and watch movies and try to keep myself busy. After that I would take a really long nap to pass the day by.

March 23, 2009 at 11:05 am |
  158. Jacob

Well I got a Wii on my Birthday so I play that, and my 3 year old PS2. I play about an hour a day, so that isn't enough. Thats when I read my books. I read about a 300-400 page book a night! When I get done with that I watch videos on my laptop.

March 23, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  159. Allison

When cash is short, entertainment certainy isn't. I always hang out with my friends, but instead of video games, we grab sticks and chase each other around my yard. One time, I even had a pine cone fight with a couple of friends. In the summer, there is a pond about a mile from my house that we go "tree jumping" out of. It is not my grandma's Cottage, but it is close to home, and gets my friends and I close.

March 23, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  160. Dana

There are several things I like doing for free. I read, watch movies, and if I'm lucky, get my mom to pick up a friend. Then we might go out and explore my swamp to see what we can find....shattered pottery, old beverage jugs... a huge lightbulb...(don't ask). It's actually pretty fun.

March 23, 2009 at 11:07 am |
  161. ~Catherine~

When I get bored at my house out in the country I either play outside with my four dogs and my sister or I watch old movies on dvd... Most of the time I talk to my friends on the phone... Sometimes I will read a good book but I only read ones that interest me....

March 23, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  162. Chris

I feel that talking to friends is the most important to me. I feel that way because good friends will never leave and well T.V. comes and goes as well as movies, and video games like get you nowhere in life even if they are fun to play. So I feel that talking to friends gets you closer to them and makes your life a lot better than it would be without them.

March 23, 2009 at 11:08 am |
  163. Veronica

Well, when money is tight I like to go to friend's houses or invest in a good gaming counsel. It may not be the most entertaining thing in the world, but hey, it occupies my time! I also LOVE to read, but books can get kind of pricey! But if you don't have a lot of money movies aren't an option because they still cost money and the idea is to save all that you can!

March 23, 2009 at 11:09 am |
  164. Alexa

What i like to do is play sports like 24/7, oh and I like to talk on the phone and hang out with friends. Both of them are fairly cheap, and they both are really fun to do. I mean who wouldn't want to hang out with their friends or talk on the phone. It's just my opinion, but what would you do if you didn't have sports or friends?

March 23, 2009 at 11:09 am |
  165. ~Sarah~

When days get long and cash gets short i do many things. I go outside and play games with my cousins, my brother, my doggie and my friends if they are over. I watch television and play board games. Also i like to play with my turtles. But, my most favorite thing to do is either hang out with friends or talking on the phone with friends. There are many other things i do as well but them are my most favorite things to do.

March 23, 2009 at 11:11 am |
  166. Robert

When I am bored I spend most of my time with friends. My friends either come over to my place or I go to theirs. We generally watch T.V. or movies. I enjoy going on walks when I have nothing else to do as well, or practicing different things for Hapkido.

March 23, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  167. Kyler

If I had a choice I would choose t.v. After a while video games would get boring. With out any other type of entertainment talking with friends would be pointless. In movies they don't have live sports like the super bowl and the world baseball classic. So that the type of entertainment I would choose.

March 23, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  168. gunnar

I'll give a list of ten
    1. I like to play sports
    2. I like to hang out with my friends
    3. Play some video games
    4. Ride my 4-wheeler
    5. Watch sports on TV
    6. Hang out with my cousin
    7. I like to torment my teachers (maybe this one should be moved up a bit)
    8. Beat up my brother
    9. fix things
    10. an last but not least..... I like doing nothing at all

March 23, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  169. Michael

I believe that video games have evolved to become something that will allow us to help console Americans throughout this depression. They are still affordable and if you pick out the right one, you will able to keep playing it for as long as possible. Through this people are able to forget about the worries of the economy.

March 23, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  170. Griffin

Well I play tennis, so I usually try to find someone that will come out on the court with me, but if not, then I also like video games or just going out with friends. My best friend and I always go see the latest movies in theaters when we need something to do.

March 23, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  171. Jessica

I read a lot, so that's a affordable entertainment for me. I can go to the library and check out a book, for free! Also, books are fairly cheap(depending on what you get). A book I recently got, I bought from Walmart for $4.95, and it's actually a good book. Video games are also another afforable entertainment- you pay for the game and game console, but you can use it a million times. Also, computer games are a good deal- most everyone has one, and they are only about 15 or 20 dollars.

March 23, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  172. Tyler

For entertainment, I like to watch movies. Whether it be going to the movies or renting them. More so renting because usually newer movies that are in theaters aren't as good or attractive as an older movie to me. I feel like the production of good movies is decreasing as the years go on. At least my style of movies.

March 23, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  173. Kelsey

With there being not as much spending money on things, in my free time I usually hang out with friends. Although I can't hang out with friends all the time so when I am not hanging out with friends I am watching tv. I love to watch movies too, but I haven't actually been to the theater in a long time.

March 23, 2009 at 11:20 am |
  174. Sean

In this declining economy I enjoy watching tv. Esspecially with the NCAA Tournament on right now I like to watch the games to see how my brackets go. I also play games online with my friends and cousin. I like playing games because you can buy one game and play it for months without getting bored.

March 23, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  175. Madi

i love hanging out with friends. it deosn't cost money and it's fun. books are fun, too, it just has to be a good one!

March 23, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  176. Charlie

Keep prices the same. Lowering them is not going to help the econemy.

March 23, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  177. Noah

Hangin with my friends is what I would do anyday, its fun, doesnt cost money (except for gas), and i have a great time.

March 23, 2009 at 3:43 pm |
  178. Austin

There is always plenty to do even if money is short. When I am bored I usually just call up some friends of go to the gym and lift weights or play basketball or football outside. People could also find the lost world of OUTSIDE if they do not have money and need something to do.

March 23, 2009 at 4:07 pm |
  179. Darcee=)

hey people why not talk with a friend hang out play actually do your home work make something why do we constantly need to be entertained by sitting around watching tv while all your brain cells die!

March 23, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  180. andrea

i must say, the china rockers sure did rock the house

March 23, 2009 at 5:06 pm |
  181. matt

From AIG why are they giveing $1,000 I think it's dome for doing that

March 23, 2009 at 6:41 pm |
  182. Cody

I don't spend too much time on the games. I'd rather learn something from a book. Yes, I'm a nerd, I know.

March 23, 2009 at 7:08 pm |
  183. ivan

I can play video games, go to the mall, go to the movies, go to the park, read, go on the internet, play catch, play outside, and many more..... It's fun when you use your brains isn't it America?

March 23, 2009 at 9:29 pm |
  184. John

I Think I Would Do Video Games, Besides, Who Cant Resist The Wii?

March 24, 2009 at 12:26 pm |
  185. Alexis

Im Saving Up For A Nintendo DSI! So Im A Video Game Geek, Ok? But Who Isnt?

March 24, 2009 at 12:30 pm |
  186. S@die

I think we should make it free to get movies in my opinion
    obviously everyone wants it to be free to get movies. Free thats a laugh.

March 24, 2009 at 1:20 pm |
  187. Alli

I would watch TV to get my mind off it or usually hang out with my friends because we all act crazy it is hard to think about negative things that can stress you out.

March 24, 2009 at 9:26 pm |
  188. Joyce

Call up some friends and go to a mall. Just sit at a coffee shop and talk talk talk. Or go eyeshopping.(Although I never manage to just look at the things.)

March 25, 2009 at 7:41 am |
  189. Jieun

My love watching the movie. It is funny and exciting. The best of, there are various genre. However it spend money and time. Therefore I like talking with friends. When i talking with my friends, i'm very happy and joyful.

March 25, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  190. kristen

I would hang out with my friends so I won't spend money, We will just talk and play with wii, it's really fun. Well I think I do spend money lol. I'd read to save money, I love readingbecause it's fun .

March 25, 2009 at 12:08 pm |
  191. nathalie

i llike talking to my friends but if thers a good movie,show on i'll watch that.

March 25, 2009 at 5:48 pm |
  192. $Brandon

Carl If the days get long and I'm bored I'll just sit down watch a movie and play my DS or Gameboy SP!

March 25, 2009 at 9:11 pm |
  193. Michael

I mostly like to hang out with friends or you can sometimes find me on the computer.

March 26, 2009 at 7:05 am |
  194. Katie

i dont think movies is cheap!!! 1 ticket is like $8.00!!! thats ridiculous!! i would rather just rent a movie from blockbuster, have your friends over and have a movie night! way more fun.

March 26, 2009 at 6:47 pm |
  195. Carrissa

I think just hanging out with friend is better than watching trashy t.v and playing video games. they kill your brain cell's unlike hanging out with friends.

March 27, 2009 at 10:32 am |
  196. Z

Video Games!!!

I think that video Game top them all, because, YOU, get to decide what hapens and you control the acton, I relly want the DSi and Pokemon Platnuim!

March 27, 2009 at 2:43 pm |
  197. suly

When i want to waist time i just go outside to play with my two dogs that way me and my pets have a great time together.

March 27, 2009 at 10:21 pm |
  198. jonathan

well i also love to hang with my family cause they always they always support me.even when i do hip hop moves

March 28, 2009 at 10:36 pm |
  199. natalia

i think its sad that now america is looking at video games as entertainment because theres not enough money to travel or do something else. its starting to feel like were stuck in this position and we are going to be for a long time

March 30, 2009 at 7:49 am |
  200. Hannah

I think kids should get out and do things out side and enjoy the weather when it is nice. They should get some exersize and not sit on the couch and let video games and T.V. take over there lives.

March 30, 2009 at 2:44 pm |
  201. Hannah

March 30, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  202. george

i think one of the choices should be playing outside thats what i would have voted for

March 30, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  203. Marissa

Though video games are my favorite activity, many of them are NOT the most AFFORDABLE entertainment around. One Wii game is 50 dollars, and one PlayStation 3 game is 60, or more, even. But the games are kind of like what you said with the movies- they help me escape the realness of the States. (One of my favorites that I use to escape is Animal Crossing, for the Nintendo Gamecube. Those games are substantially cheaper, because they're out of style nowadays.)

A slightly cheaper hobby of mine is reading. Although, the hardcover books seem to be the ones I'm buying.

But the way I look at it, the more books and games I buy, the more I help out the economy. That's just my view.

March 31, 2009 at 5:01 pm |
  204. Mattea

The idea of being able to go to the movies for at least $6.25 is really cool. But is sad is that the theaters sometimes don't have good movies playing. Going to the movies is a great way to send time with family and friends.plus it's a good way to send time in the summer.

April 1, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  205. Aaqil

Usually, when cash is short, me and my mom play a little Mario Kart Wii online, or other Wii games that we have.
    By myself, I'm an avid reader, and I can read a 200 page book in 2 days now. On my computer, I like to create animations and upload them to my Youtube channel when I'm done, even though they take days and weeks to just create a 1 minute Flash!
    Well, I just like to hang out, pretty much.
    And it's all about the Sonic games.

April 2, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  206. Cecilia

My favorite entertainment is my Nintendo DS. I LOVE It! Whenever I have free time, I play it. Whenever I don't have free time, I play it. It is my life and I love the games I have for it. They're so much fun. I love my DS.

April 2, 2009 at 11:52 am |
  207. josseline

entertainment is important i'm sure we can all realize that.entertainment help relive stress like guitar hero and rock band.The only real problem may be the cost but then again the cost can still be less than other ways to relive stress like a vacation.either sides has good and bad but i fell that indeed video games in cheap and good entertainment.

April 2, 2009 at 11:54 am |
  208. Tejan

Video Games ROCK! i like video games better than any other entertainment. that's because you get to choose what you want, how you want it, and you control everything. It's like your own world.

April 2, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  209. Norae

When the days get long and the cash is short I like to watch movies in my basement . Not only is it fun but its also like being in the movie theatres but cheaper because all you need is a good movie and some yummy candy and your living the life.

April 2, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  210. Shadi

Yagsemash. my name is shadi. i like video games for cheap entertainment, because in my home country of egypt, thoose who didnt play video games we're stoned for their inselence. the xbox 360 rox, becuase like the pryimids they were built by slaves. computer slaves.

April 2, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  211. Tania

When I'm bored, I just watch t.v., hang out with friends, get on the computer, or listen to my iPod. It's all free!

April 2, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  212. devin

I think anybody should be able to play games and all that other stuff but we should still play outside and get a good ecxercise outside.

April 3, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  213. austin

when entertanment ilove the idea of being able to play video games at under $6.25 it is relly cool i willsee my self playing a lot more video games.

April 3, 2009 at 12:49 pm |
  214. Sidney

I love the Wii sooo much! It's very fun and good exersice if you don't feel like going outside. I LOVE THE WII!!!!!! (and beijing)

April 3, 2009 at 2:45 pm |
  215. crystal

IN MY FREE TIME I LIKE TO GO ON THE INTERNET AND READ MANGAS AND READ TWILIGHT AND THE OTHER SERIES

April 3, 2009 at 10:37 pm |
  216. COLLIN

I spend my time chillen, kicken back playen viedo games. I's fun, entertaing, and exciting.

p.s. carl you rock!

April 6, 2009 at 2:18 pm |
  217. stephanie

i play game boyes

April 9, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  218. Jennyfer

If the days get long I would talk with my friends, Go to the mall, and I would go to the movie theaters and watch a good movie!! =)

April 9, 2009 at 4:09 pm |