.
February 24th, 2009

What's On Your Mind?

Every so often, we like to give you a chance to comment on anything you've seen on CNN Student News.  So here it is.  Tell us what you're thinking about, whether it's the economy,Mardi Gras,President Obama's address to Congress, the debate over Geronimo's remains, Ivy League schools, pancake races, sweater vests...

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Megan

I think that president Obama shouldn't close Gitmo because noboby knows where to put them after Gitmo closes... it would be better to just keep it open.

February 25, 2009 at 12:16 am |
  2. Juny

I am pretty optimistic that the economy will recover. I think president Obama's stimulus package will have a good impact on the overall American economy. I am really moved by the high school junior's dream of attending Ivy league. She must be depressed... Maybe the university should extend scholarship policy! President Obma's great leadership and Charisma are the things that I really like! I hope the global economic recession will be the thing of the past...

February 25, 2009 at 5:18 am |
  3. connor

I think it isn't right to steal peoples skulls.

February 25, 2009 at 8:05 am |
  4. Kiera

– Geranimos Skull
    I cant believe that someone would want to steal some famous warriors skull!! That is sick and wrong.... GROSS

February 25, 2009 at 8:06 am |
  5. Brittany

I think that the economy is the most interesting to hear about because it keeps getting worse and worse and it would be good if everyone knew that. But also big stories like the Geronimo is nice to hear too.

February 25, 2009 at 8:06 am |
  6. Lea

PANCAKE RACES!!!!! ummmm okay. Well anyway who does it and how do you sign up? I wonder who came up with the idea of pancake races.....

February 25, 2009 at 8:06 am |
  7. samuel

i would want to eat the panckakes so dont put me in the race yummmie

February 25, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  8. Katie

I'm thinking about not being in school becausee im REALLY sleepy and my up coming surgery . Why would some one steel gurnons skull??? ........ weird

February 25, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  9. Kaitlyn

Okay, so about Geronimo's skull.....Why in the world would anyone want to steel someone's skull??? Like do they make money off of steeling someone's skull, but why would anyone want to buy it. I think that it is wrong for some kids at Yale to do that to someone's remains and hide them in the school. It does seem sort of odd that his decedents are suing all these people to try and get Geronimo's skull back, but it is a lot of people and some of them don't really seem important.

February 25, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  10. fiona

starting with Obama..... He will get us out of this mess, I am so glad he is our President. Sweater Vests??? UGLY! who would wear one of those? The story about Mia who wants to get into an Ivy-League school is really amazing and inspiring.

February 25, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  11. josh

I like pancakes.

February 25, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  12. Aaron

The pancake races look kind of silly.

February 25, 2009 at 8:08 am |
  13. clark and terron

They need to find some way to fix the economy or it is going to have even worse effects on our life styles.

February 25, 2009 at 8:08 am |
  14. Jo

Well... what's mostly on my mind is that Geronimo problem. Why would someone steal someone's skull or something like that? I've heard of body snatchers who steal corpses of famous people, but they nearly always get caught and do those criminals think they can get money off of stealing bodies? There is also about that family suing Obama. That was

February 25, 2009 at 8:14 am |
  15. Gimme

Wow, that is so cool I would so totally want to race in the pancake race. I personally think you would have to be a really good cook to do that type of flipping man! Or you just have to be a good baseball player! Ya go baseball!

February 25, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  16. parth

the skull should rightfully to their decendants. i would do the same thing as their cousins.

February 25, 2009 at 9:32 am |
  17. clark and terron

I think that they need to find a way to fix the economy or we are going to have really big problems with our life styles.

February 25, 2009 at 10:21 am |
  18. Bethany

I believe what is wrong with the economy is that we spend money on things that aren't necessary. Everyone got in this mentality of "keeping up with the Jones." To keep up they bought things on credit that were really unnecessary. It's ok to splurge with your money ONLY if you have the money; otherwise you should save and spend money on things that are truly necessary. Until people start being smart and saving there money and using it wisely...nothing is going to change. I know many don't agree with this but this is what I believe.

February 25, 2009 at 10:21 am |
  19. Jacob

What's on my mind is the economy. Its taking down our standard of living and is always on the news. No matter what, there is something on the economy. Its also making it harder for me to buy games. Which makes me angry.

February 25, 2009 at 10:46 am |
  20. Bill

Blagoavich is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 25, 2009 at 11:22 am |
  21. rose

i think presedient obama should have given most of the money to schools, cause education comes first. 🙂

February 25, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  22. kevin

Ithink Mrs. McKee is the best teacher and that is what is on my mind.

February 25, 2009 at 12:30 pm |
  23. Wes

I think someone should give the girl who was on the ivy league story a chance to show what she has when it comes to knowledge. She has obviously been through a lot and deserves a break.

February 25, 2009 at 1:22 pm |
  24. Karisa

I think that Barrack Obama did a good thing for the people of America by making the stimulus package. I think Barrack Obama is a great leader. He makes great speeches.

February 25, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  25. Elizabeth

Actually, right now I'm thinking about what my future is going to be like. Whether I'm going to go to a really bog expensive college. Or to a cheap community college.

February 25, 2009 at 1:25 pm |

The story on Geronimo is on my mind. That's kinda stupid to steal a skull. I wouldn'a have the guts to get in trouble.

February 25, 2009 at 1:27 pm |
  27. Emmalou

Since our econmony is struggling and there isn't a lot of money to go around, where is President Obama coming up with all of that dough to boost the economy? Does he have a stash?

February 25, 2009 at 1:31 pm |
  28. Allen

I think those bone people at Yale are a little deranged but i guess everyone needs something to believe in, but taking someone's remains is rather messed up.

February 25, 2009 at 1:32 pm |
  29. Jordan

I'm gunna honest people, the puns really get to me, and I myself am a fan of the sweater vests.

February 25, 2009 at 1:32 pm |
  30. Drew

Cnn Student news talks about the president way to much. Enough already we all know how he feels and I don’t want to here any of his korny speeches anymore!

February 25, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  31. rick

I think that president Obama is trying to lead the country on a better path, and fix what the past has left on our feet. So with him doing what he can, i think that he is doing what he should to make the future years more productive and safer then the recent.

February 25, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  32. Kirstie

I think the skull should go to the family it belongs to but i think its strange that they want it now and not many years ago when it was stolen.

February 25, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  33. Abigail

I think that the family has a right to see if the skull is in the T building. They should also do some experimenting to really figure it out. There shouldn’t be any reason why they should just wait to gather up evidence they should just go in and get the skull to get it over with.

February 25, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  34. Jessica

i think that Obama should put alot of the money towards helping students out with college tuiton. As a student going off to college in the fall i know that that is one of the main things that myself and other people are thinking about. alot of parents dont have the money, or the stability in their jobs to be able to afford college on their own.

February 25, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  35. Cassie

I'm just curious why would Geranimo's decendents want to sue Obama ? It's kind of confusing !!

February 25, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  36. JOSH

The economy is taking down our standard of living and taking many children's futures away at big schools and getting them into an in-state school that's cheaper.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  37. Devin

i dont think it matters if Geronimo was a prisoner or not when he was killed, the family should always have the right to a persons remains. i believe the family should get his remains back, especially since the bones were not legally extracted from the grave. and if Yale wants the skull so bad, why not just offer the family money, to see if they will sell them.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  38. Courtney

Whats on my mind is my schooling and my finacial aid. I am going to DeVry University. Just gotta figure out my fincial aid stuff, when I'm starting either in July or September. Also, how much I'll be getting. I'm really nervous and really excited about starting college.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  39. Nathan

i think they should find his skull because he was a great member of history. i think the guy thats sewing is just tryin to get money

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  40. ryno

I am a sr. this year and am looking into a college. However the costs of the ones i am looking at are around 35- 43 thousand $ per year. And the ones that are more expensive don’t hand out athletic scholarships which makes it that much harder. I think all schools should give athletic scholarships to help out athletes.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  41. Freckles

I would own in that pancake race. Fo sho.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  42. Kenny

Geronimo's remains should be returned to the rightful owners, and that is his direct family. I think that if the family wants the remains they should have them. I would be furious if my relatives remains were not in my family but in some display case.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  43. blaine

what are the rules to that pancake race because i think those competetors cheated. They should have to take a bite while its in midair and whoever eats it the fastest should win.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  44. Joschuah

I dont think raising taxes on those richest 20 % be a good idea. It would result in a very negative impact on the overall economy and consumer spending, and in turn, would stifle economic growth and job creation. Furthermore, raising taxes at this time; when we are facing a possible severe recession is doubly wrong – President Hoover did exactly that in early 1930s – thus contributing to the Great Depression and making it even worse. Yet, why does Obama keep on promising to raise taxes on the richest 5 % and claiming that would be a very good idea.

February 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  45. Bethanny Rose

I think the whole world needs to chill out for about 2 seconds an just breathe. Everyone is so uptight nowadays and that just adds to the stress. Sure the economy is bad and people are loosing jobs, but people are trying to fix it. There's no point in freaking out about it. Acting crazy doesn't solve anything, it just creates more chaos.

I also feel really bad for Geronimo's family. Yale had no right to take the remains and the body should be given back to the family so they can bury it there way. Everyone has diffrent beleifs about the afterlife and maybe his family feels like Geronimo can't rest until they bury him the way he needs to be buried. I know I would feel the same for my family. The government had no right to just bury him, especially since he was a POW.

February 25, 2009 at 1:36 pm |
  46. Erica

im going to a community college first and then transfering to a 4 year school. I was thinking about going to arizona state but i might end up going to one in colorado.

February 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  47. Emmalou

I think that the stimulus refund things should be given to teenagers. We don't have bills to pay so we will go purchase things and we will boost the economy. Adults have bills and are either going to pay bills or save it, neither of which will help.

February 25, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  48. Shayne

I think it is ridiculous how much collage costs. I would really love to go to a good collage but because of the costs there is no way I will be able to afford it. These days only the wealthy or those willing to put themselves in major debt can get the education that it takes to become successful. In my opinion this is not fair to everyone else who has the potential.

February 25, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  49. Britney

I really do not believe Obama will get us out of this mess. If one stimulus plan didnt work why would another?

February 25, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  50. Alyssa

Why on earth would anyone want to steal Geronimos bones...thats just odd. Have you ever thought about why we yell Geronimo when we like jump off cliffs when it means "one who yawns"....thats odd too.

February 25, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  51. Joschuah

The fact that some kids are siding with Obama's economic plan is obsurd! do they not realize that he is sending our generation into debt? And in the mean time making lifes difficult for families today.

February 25, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  52. Erica

its gona be harder getting scholarships for college cause there are less of them and more people applying. Alot of people wont have enough money to go to a nice school.

February 25, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  53. Utau

ANIME!!! That's what's on my mind...and also, ideas for my stories...(I need more actually) Adn the other things on my mind? You don't want to know, or rather...they should not be mentioned to the public domain...

February 25, 2009 at 1:46 pm |
  54. Hunter

Poor Geronimo's skull. It's sad to be "Skull napped"

February 25, 2009 at 2:21 pm |
  55. Joel

I am tired of hearing about A-Fraud. We all know he took steroids stop making such a big deal about. Basball should susspend for a few games and get it over with.

February 25, 2009 at 2:50 pm |
  56. Daniel

I think that Geranimo's family should get back his skull because it would bring closure to the family and they could give him the proper burial that he deserves.

February 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  57. michael

i think the indians should get the skull back. i mean if one of my family members died and some body stole there skull, and it was important that i had the skull then i would do what ever i could to get it.

February 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  58. Kayla

I don’t know why somebody would want to take a famous human skull. I feel bad for Geranimos, people just need to let him rest in peace.

February 25, 2009 at 2:51 pm |
  59. Jordan

Personally I fell as though, stealing someone’s skull is completely unnecessary. If it’s supposed to be a historical artifact, it should remain where it’s supposed to be, whoever stole it is just…ridiculous.

February 25, 2009 at 2:52 pm |
  60. Braunagel

I don’t understand why someone would want to steal someone’s famous skull. I think its gross and just wrong.

February 25, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  61. Kyle

I think being a senior at this time with the economy so bad can be rough because schools are so expensive so it limits some people’s choices and makes them have to go to cheaper schools.

February 25, 2009 at 2:53 pm |
  62. Marie

I think people shouldn’t worry about saving money right now and just spend money like crazy. They’re making the economy worse by saving money.

February 25, 2009 at 2:56 pm |
  63. Kyle-j

I am under the impression that in our current economic state that our future generations will be the ones to suffer. If the government keeps spending with know end we as a nation will not have the means to support our future generations to come. President Obama claims that by the end of his first term the economic debt will be cut in half, I have to disagree, buy shelling out billions of dollars on business debt we are increasing our debt as a country and therefore creating a large snowball effect that will in turn bury us further in debt.

February 25, 2009 at 2:58 pm |
  64. Jimmy

As a senior in high school I can say honestly that the social condition is very frightening for those hoping to move on to college. I come from a small town and a modest family income. When before my hopes only went as far as community college and two years at a university they are even lower now with layoffs and struggling economy.

February 25, 2009 at 2:59 pm |
  65. Eric

If the lakers cant be beat without Andrew Bynum, what does that say about when he does return?? i think were lookingg at the future champs

February 25, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  66. justice

The remains of geranimo should have never been touched he’s a hero to native Americans.

February 25, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  67. Alexis

As a high school senior preparing to head off to college this fall, I understand the stress that limited financial support and indecision puts upon a person and their family. Due to the economy lapse, most families, mine included, are short of extra funds. You would think that the lack of money would result in lower prices of necessary things such as health care and education. But instead of costs going down, if anything, they are going up. I had to set aside any delusions of going to a distinguished institution and settle with a small Washington public college that my family could help pay for without the help of the financial aide we do not qualify for. For being so strongly encouraged, and at times compulsory, school is becoming less affordable and thus robbing Americans of their right to learn.

February 25, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  68. trintavious

I think improving need to be done in the US.

February 25, 2009 at 3:34 pm |
  69. rose

I like every show.I think there're interesting!My favorite part of the show
    is the "Shout Out"!

February 25, 2009 at 3:48 pm |
  70. mike

I think Obama's speech was well planned. He touched on topics such as kids not going to college because they don't have the money and other things that are really affecting us today.

February 25, 2009 at 4:46 pm |
  71. Campbell

SWEATER VESTS!!! That a real no-no!

February 25, 2009 at 4:52 pm |
  72. Nate and Greg

We think that the pancake races are awesome and we think we should start a student news fan version of the festivity

February 25, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  73. Joe-Jack

I love pancakes and that I love the student news and all its been doing throught balck history month

February 25, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  74. Mrs. Hildy's eighth period class

The show is cool and we watch it every day and the show and Carl are the bomb

February 25, 2009 at 5:13 pm |
  75. Mrs. Hildy's eighth period class

The show is awesome and we watch it every day. We also think Carl is the coolest

February 25, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  76. Kaylee

Whats on my mind is why NONE of my comments are on the show ,plus......................pancake races........me.......my untied shoe whats that on the ground thats all sticky and gross ihope its not gum cause i dont want it on my untied shoe...and pancakes mmmmmm 🙂

February 25, 2009 at 6:04 pm |
  77. billy

i think that people should just leave that skull alone because they already have one why do they need another one.

February 25, 2009 at 6:53 pm |
  78. Allyssa

I think it is extremely wrong for them to not give Geronimo's relatives his remains, and even worse, they won't admit that they took them even though there is so much evidence that supports it.

February 25, 2009 at 7:39 pm |
  79. J.W.

Carl, have you ever thought of entering a pancake race? I think you have the skills to win, as long as you have a bottle of mayple syrup close at hand!

February 25, 2009 at 7:48 pm |
  80. briana

im thinkin about sleep!!hi every 1

February 25, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  81. Nikki

I don't know about racing, but pancakes are AWESOME!!!

February 25, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  82. Bridget

I think if they found the people that stole the skull earlier they would have arested them.

February 25, 2009 at 7:55 pm |
  83. Carlos

You are making me hungry! The pancake race was awesome.Geronimo's skull is not "skull napped "and sweaters and vests. I agree with you on that one and that is a real no-no! I watch anime too but that is not on my mind. I like pancakes too.

February 25, 2009 at 8:10 pm |
  84. Jack

I know how the economy and Middle Eastern stuff is important and all, but a trip off the beaten path would be fun more often then the segment is now.

February 25, 2009 at 8:33 pm |
  85. clara

Germany gets this whole WEEK off for rose monday/mari gras/ash wendsday/lent !!!!!!!! *sounds of outrage* but such is life *tone of resignation* I wonder what the "skull and bones society" is or what it was called because apart from the taking of Geronimo's bones that sounds kida cool studying bones ect...... ecomomy.......ouch, its kida sad that people are taking such hard falls as a result of the economy. Although I think that within the span of about 5 yrs the economy will even out. I thought that the stimulis bill was alittle much. Money wise, I think that if your going to save a drowning person its best not to overwelm yourself as well as the drowning person. I love the sweater vests!!!!!! (just dont get carried away with your fashion expertise) bye bye cyberspace

February 25, 2009 at 8:40 pm |
  86. Hill

Well, if descendents of Geronimo himself are requesting that they have rights to and keep the remains of the great hero, then I say go ahead. I mean, they are his family.

February 25, 2009 at 9:18 pm |
  87. Tanyn

I think that would be awesome to participate in... Do they get to eat the pankake after they get to the finish line? Do they get to put anything on it?... I could definently have a pankake at the moment!

February 25, 2009 at 9:25 pm |
  88. James

I think our government is making a huge mistake with this stimulus that they passed. Not only is it a bad idea, but the money that is being divided is not in any way, shape, or form going to the right things. Kids of today and even their kids will paying off this bill their whole lives. Higher taxes is what will happen.

February 25, 2009 at 10:03 pm |
  89. Stephanie

I don't think Obama's ideas for his presidency are really good. America needs to become the great place it once was.

February 25, 2009 at 11:04 pm |
  90. arturo

Whats on my mind is that you should get a hair cut!

February 25, 2009 at 11:27 pm |
  91. arturo

Whats on my mind is that if my comment gets posted i get 100 points extra credit!

February 25, 2009 at 11:28 pm |
  92. Dave

I gues all the words of Carl Azuz in my mind. The most important thing is that he is in my mind and that is the reason I finish my work earlier and go to watch cnn student news to get myself updated.

February 26, 2009 at 4:27 am |
  93. Dave

How come in the pancake race they had no syrup?

February 26, 2009 at 4:27 am |
  94. Panda

I think it is a shame that many people cannot afford to go to the colleges they want. However if they want to go there bad enough why not work to get a scholorship. Im just saying theres no one but your self to blame.

February 26, 2009 at 5:16 am |
  95. tyler

Whats on my mind is that british airlines are really lucky; because they can use their cell phones during flight.

February 26, 2009 at 6:51 am |
  96. Rachella

i really worry about my future.. and death

February 26, 2009 at 7:07 am |
  97. Jamie

I think it's a shame that a "good college" seems to be equated with Ivy League and/or the amount of money that is charged for tuition. I live in Illinois and we have fantastic universities here. And, we also have fantastic two year Junior Colleges whose credits all transfer to our state universities. I feel quite sure that there and many states that could say the very same thing. Maybe students need to stop being so hung up on the NAME of the college and start worrying about the quality of the education. They should be judging the college by the majors that are offered and how good the programs are and they need quit being such label snobs and get their priorities straight.

February 26, 2009 at 7:22 am |
  98. Mushroom

I don't know much about the Stimulus Plan, but so far it doesn't soud like it would work... so maybe it might help us or put us in greater dept, but right now, nobody knows for sure

February 26, 2009 at 7:55 am |
  99. kevin

obama said during the campain that he would pull the troops out but now he is only puting more in to the terrerist countries but that is the way to win the war

February 26, 2009 at 7:55 am |
  100. Colin

I wanna say to you Carl...if you were a clothes designer you will be bankrupt in ten days. SWEATER VESTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

February 26, 2009 at 7:56 am |
  101. Andrea

Golf...it maybe BORING,but I am hyper about Tiger Woods coming back to the PGA Tour and that was awesome how he held the #1 ranking for 8 months.

February 26, 2009 at 7:56 am |
  102. Kristen and Caitlyn

Dogs on bikes...............so cool! We are going to teach our dogs that! What will the world come to next? Doughnuts wearing glasses? Hmmmmmmm...

February 26, 2009 at 7:56 am |
  103. Maddie

I have put like three comments before and they have never been shown on te show before... so this time my comment is "Get some new jokes, Carl." 🙂

February 26, 2009 at 7:56 am |
  104. Caty

I think that Obama is spending too much money and I don't agree with the stimulus plan. When I was watching the news with my parents it said that Obama spent money on stopping bullies and tatoo removel. My question is how is that going to create jobs?!

February 26, 2009 at 7:57 am |
  105. Turtle

who does your hair, Carl? I've sooooooooooooooo gotts meet that dude!

February 26, 2009 at 7:57 am |
  106. Laney

Wow, Tiger must really love golf to come back after a surgery!!! I surely wouldn't want to!!!! He earned his stripes!!!!!Ha, Ha!!!!

February 26, 2009 at 7:57 am |
  107. Jennifer

This one's for Carl. Why do you always do corny jokes? No offense but our whole class says please.....just stop!

February 26, 2009 at 7:57 am |
  108. Matthew

Nationalizing banks is not the best ideas in the world!

February 26, 2009 at 7:58 am |
  109. K-Gard

At our school we celebrated mardi gras! it was a lot of fun. we had crepes, king's cake and lemon meringue pie.

February 26, 2009 at 7:59 am |
  110. Katie

I love your vests and jokes! Rock on Carl!

February 26, 2009 at 7:59 am |
  111. Rock

i think it was wrong to steal the remains and it was a wierd idea to wear sweater vests– who would wear that! Obama's idea to save the banks is wrong they should control their own banks.

February 26, 2009 at 7:59 am |
  112. M.W.

I think that all of the prisoners should be put on trial and then return to serve their sentence. Gitmo isn't a bad prison. they get 7 hours to "socialize" and they get to watch TVs and read newspapers.

February 26, 2009 at 8:06 am |
  113. kim

i think pan cake and other things(secret) is on my mind

February 26, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  114. John

I think that Obama gives good speeches, but he says .. "this is what we have to do" and everyone cheers, he needs to state...The how, when, where, and why. He just tells us what.

February 26, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  115. chandler

Why don't they just print out more money? Wouldn't that help the economy? I guess I don't know where they would enter it into circulation but they could find somewhere to.

February 26, 2009 at 8:18 am |
  116. Marshall

Who would steal a skull of a famous person. Those people should be arrested to steal an important artifact. Why do people say Geronimo when the jump off of something? Did Geronimo jump off of something that was really famous?

February 26, 2009 at 8:19 am |
  117. HANNAH!!!!!

I don't know what is on my mind ... school.

February 26, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  118. Teto

this wasn't exactly an issue on the show, but i feel that it is one that needs to be addressed all the same. I feel that it is amazing that they expect middle and high schoolers, who need much more sleep than anyone else, to wake up at six thirty, when the elementary school kids, who most of the time will wake up that early anyways, get to sleep until seven thirty. something seems backwards here...

February 26, 2009 at 8:21 am |
  119. connor

What the heck are pancake races it sound kinda weird. I don't race pancakes i eat them.

February 26, 2009 at 8:21 am |
  120. Homie

The state meet for swimming........nervous!!!! Not rested.... SLEEEEEEEPY!!!!!!!!!!

February 26, 2009 at 8:22 am |
  121. J

I want to know who makes up your puns at the end of the show. Do you do it or does someone write them for you? Sometimes they're not that funny and you know it too

February 26, 2009 at 8:22 am |
  122. Ben

I was thinking about the economy. Why doesn't everyone just put all their money in the banks and then the government wouldn't have to bail them out and everything would go back to the way it was before? Or do people just like to spend their money to much?

February 26, 2009 at 8:23 am |
  123. Matt

Whats on my mind is Obama's stimulus package. The definitely think it will work with all of the careful, long hours put into trying to get this to work. I hope his address to congress will help convince some Republicans to agree with his package and help Obama get our country on the right track.

February 26, 2009 at 8:23 am |
  124. Anabel

What are pancake races??? It's cool that a dog can ride a bike. I want my dog to do something like that.

February 26, 2009 at 8:24 am |
  125. Katie

I love your sweater vests Carl! Your jokes are awesome! Instead of you drive me nuts, you drive me acorns! PLEASE pick my comment!

February 26, 2009 at 8:44 am |
  126. calob

i thought the dog on the bike thing was pretty interesting!!

February 26, 2009 at 8:58 am |
  127. Amanda

I just saw a article on the worlds biggest captured sting ray.... yall should do a story on it. It will be a stinging good story!! 🙂

February 26, 2009 at 8:59 am |
  128. Abby

I am only 13 and I have to start thinking about college. I have had to think about were I am going to get the money and what school can I afford to get into. Before I thought that I shouldn't be thinking this until I'm a Junior in High-school. I think that when you are young you should have the right to do wghat youy swant and not care about those type of things.

February 26, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  129. Coach Wyatt's 1st Block Class

we love the show. the Halirous jokes crack us all up. It's a great way to start the day.

February 26, 2009 at 9:12 am |
  130. Caleb

On the story The World Reacts I do believe more troops should be put in Iraq and Afghanistan, but the people there shouldn't be mad at us because were leaving. We didn't have to go there in the first place.

February 26, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  131. Leah

What's a pancake race? Is it like where you try to roll a pancake across the ground or something (I obviously didn't watch the show with that on it...)

February 26, 2009 at 9:40 am |
  132. Wesley

I watched the Presidental address and I think that Pres. Obama will succeed in what he's doing to fix our economy.

February 26, 2009 at 10:00 am |
  133. Shawn

that dog was so cool i wish my dog was that cool

February 26, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  134. Samantha

I think that President Obama is going to do a good job being president.

February 26, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  135. christina

I think that dalmation is very talentied and a U tube sensation.

February 26, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  136. Drew

The is awesome and we watch it every day. We also carl is the coolest.

February 26, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  137. Eric

Obama has it all wrong. Why do we need to spend $200 billion on war!!!!?? We're already in a huge debt, we need to use that money for better things like heathcare and bailing out the automotive industry. But I love the show! My teacher, says that you are his hero!!!!! Keep up the best news for kids!

February 26, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  138. Kailtyn

What's on my mind. Well school the costs and plus all the homework all the time. It gets boring, and annoying because I never have time for myself at home. I don't even get to read half the time.

February 26, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  139. Brittany

What I am wondering is why we are sending more troops out to other countries? Obama said he was bring our family home. So why is he sending hundreds more to Afghanistan?

February 26, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  140. Cheyanne

What is on my mind?????
    Well I want to go home from school an go to bed an after resting go the mall an just everything really things that sound fun.

February 26, 2009 at 10:08 am |

i am thinking about how good the shows are and how good carl does them. so keep it up

February 26, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  142. Brian/

I think obama should stop the war and pull all america troops out of those countries and stop this so no one gets hurt.

February 26, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  143. Crystal

I am wondering if the stimulus plan is going to fix our economy.

February 26, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  144. Alexander

I don't think I should say what's really on my mind. The economy stinks. There, I said it. I let it all out!!!!!!

February 26, 2009 at 10:14 am |
  145. Frank

Carl my students at Woodside Middle School love your puns, at least
    most of them!

February 26, 2009 at 10:21 am |
  146. Dora and Chuckie

HEHE what's on our minds are the President. does he like the white house? do his daughters like the white house? is the food the good? are they generous ?

February 26, 2009 at 10:22 am |
  147. Kit-Kat

An Eye-for-an-eye....I do think that man should suffer JUST like the woman. She was beautiful and now...well you know. All people should learn that doing that to a person is inhumane (except for doing it to that guy).

February 26, 2009 at 10:23 am |
  148. Courtney

I'm kind of confused about the whole Twitter in the operating room thing. I'm not too sure I would want my doctor chatting while cutting my heart open...

February 26, 2009 at 10:37 am |
  149. Courtney

This is a shout-out to Carl. I just wanted to tell you that i LOVE your end-of-the-show jokes! I watch the Student News everyday first hour and I am usually kind of crabby, but your jokes just put me in an AWESOME mood! Thanks Carl!

February 26, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  150. Courtney

I was just wondering, how come we don't have someone come to OUR school and interview us? Even though I'm from Nebraska I still have an opinion ya know!

February 26, 2009 at 10:47 am |
  151. KAtie

Well I thought dog was pretty.... wonder if anyone actually taught it to do that?

February 26, 2009 at 10:59 am |

The day that Carl busted a move and tried to make everyone bust a gut.

February 26, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  153. Katey

Geronimo's remains should not have been messed with. That's just plain rude to the spirits. His final resting place should be in the ground or something, not in a show case. The other thing on my mind is the dog on today's show. That was awesome! I wish my dog could do that! Instead, she just slobbers everywhere.

February 26, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  154. Wyatt

To tell you the truth nothings really on my mind

February 26, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  155. Veronica

Honestly the only thing that I'm thinking about that's from CNN is the sweater vest. I seriously very strongly dislike sweater vests! When I come across someone wearing a sweater vest I either laugh or puke. Their just SO ugly I mean who wears those anymore, oh, my bad, you do! Just a quick tip......... look through todays magazines not the ones from the 70's!

February 26, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  156. Sydney

My mind is thinking about Mardi Gras. The party , the people throwing beads =) Oh and Please never wear a Sweater Vest People its so like Ewwwww !!!! =)

February 26, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  157. Geordan

What's on my mind is if I am going to keep my perfect wrestling season. Also how long will it be until baseball season will start for us. I pretty sure I am going to keep my perfect wrestling season because we got 3 tournaments left and I got 2 back to back.

February 26, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  158. Marissa

Well what I'm thinking about is how CNN news is sometimes really boring and doesn't grab my attention but then there are times that it is interesting. I wish we didn't watch CNN but then again i sometimes do learn something.

February 26, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  159. Kyler

Sweater vest? Ha, my dad has one and I laugh at him when he wears it.

February 26, 2009 at 11:01 am |
  160. Susan

If were having a problem with the economy, why can't we print like a fofillion dollars. No one will know or ask for the gold to show it. So why does it matter so much, get printing!

February 26, 2009 at 11:02 am |
  161. Alexa

Yea I actually think that that dog that was just on your show was pretty sweet! I have never even seen or thought that a dog could do that! I was impressed! Way to go for that dog! lol........ 🙂

February 26, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  162. Dana

I thought the the pancake races were weird, but cool. What if Parliament did that more than 200 years ago? When the soldiers heard about that, everyone would be laughing too hard to fight. The war would be over in two seconds! Then where would we be today?

February 26, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  163. mariah

I think that it would be cool to see a dog ride a bike. i have never seen one do that before and that was okay it was cool. Maybe i can see if my cat can ride a bike i love to see animals doing really weird things and i like to see usual creatures can do unusual things.

February 26, 2009 at 11:03 am |
  164. Martha

Whats on my mind? Well, I'd have to say mainly, our government's current stance. In anything really. I'm interested in knowing what's coming with our nation and keeping myself informed. For example, the current economic policy. I really wondered about about that. What all it involves. The simple things that every American should know about.

February 26, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  165. Alayna

The money and college issue is big in our house. We use to raise animals and take stuff to the fair to get money for the prizes but then we stopped doing that. Now I wonder how I will be able to get college money.

February 26, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  166. Sarah

Even though I try to think about all of those things that Carl mentioned in the prompt, all I can think about was that Dalmatian dog in Japan. I wonder what type of training it would take for a dog to do that. But I've heard that Dalmatians are smart anyway. It is also kind of funny that we find things like that humorous. I mean, that dog story traveled from the other side of the world to us, just for a chuckle. We are so easily entertained....

February 26, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  167. Kelsey

I want to give my thoughts on a couple of issues such as the pancake races and the the college situation. Well, my thoughts on the pancake races is that I don't really see the point of it, I mean ya maybe it's fun, but why pancakes?
    I was really hoping to get into a good school when it is my time to go to college, but if the we don't have the money then I don' think I will be able to, so I hope there is a light at the tunnel.

February 26, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  168. ~Catherine~

What's on my mind..... Mardi Gras is so awesome i love all of the beads when I get the necklaces i make stars on them and give them to my friends or who ever wants them. Also I would never wear a sweater vest!!! They're UGLY!!

February 26, 2009 at 11:04 am |
  169. Allison

What's on my mind is that Einstein robot; that thing was awesome. I find it amazing that such a thing can do that! Imagine what technology can do next... maybe a time machine. That would be boss! It is amazing how much we are improving in terms or technologically. What I don't understand about it is where do these people in money crisis get all the money? Just curious!

February 26, 2009 at 11:06 am |
  170. Edward

Could those Japaneese people teach my dog how to ride a bike...that would be cool!!!

February 26, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  171. Nik

hey carl your puns are getting better but you really need to work on them but that dog riding the bike was awesome! (but work on the puns)

February 26, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  172. Patrick

Obama's stimulus plan is moving us one step closer to communism.
    It is outrageous that were trying to nationalize the banks. The next thing you know ell become a police state.

February 26, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  173. Phillip

I am happy for Tiger to get back out there

February 26, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  174. Madeline

You can always tell what the shout out answer is going to be because it always relates to a current news story.

February 26, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  175. Abby

Carl you really need to stop wearing those sweater vests

February 26, 2009 at 12:19 pm |
  176. Carl

I think who ever find geranimo's skull should report it right away

February 26, 2009 at 12:26 pm |
  177. Madi

how good pancakes sound right now...!

February 26, 2009 at 12:34 pm |
  178. Charlie

I would be halfway through the race and the pancake would be in my stomach.

February 26, 2009 at 12:35 pm |
  179. carley

y does it matter if they took his skull. Geronimo doesn's need it anymore and neither does his family.

February 26, 2009 at 12:36 pm |
  180. Charlie

who would steel a head.

February 26, 2009 at 12:37 pm |
  181. Jason

I believe that our country is tremendously screwed and everyone knows it. I mean its getting so hard now that kids can't even go to the school they want to because they can't afford it. Everyone keeps talking about how the schools need money but really they don't...........the schools get an average of $35,000 a year from each student!!! That is ridiculous why would they need more money from the government.

February 26, 2009 at 12:42 pm |
  182. Mrs. Babb & Zach

What is Fiona talking about? At our school only cool people wear sweater vests & argyle...

February 26, 2009 at 1:04 pm |
  183. Shane

Mr. Rogers wore sweater vests...

February 26, 2009 at 1:05 pm |
  184. Megz

Wow!!!!! that was sweet that the dog could ride a bike i didn't know they could ever do that sweet see u later

February 26, 2009 at 1:19 pm |
  185. Garrett

I feel that the economic down fall is going to affect all the states and a lot of people are going to lose their jobs. Also I think it wronge with all the houses that are getting taken away ffom hard working people

February 26, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  186. jake

my neighbors (an older couple) are losing their house due to the foreclosures caused by the economic downfall. they are both retired and the husband has alzheimers disease which means he needs a lot of "looking after" by his wife who is very old and can only do so much. and with losing their house, they have no one or any where that they can go to. the government has brought up this situation and has said they were going to do something about it; but how many more needy people are going to lose their houses due to foreclosure before anything gets done? If the government isn't going to anything about it right now, at least make an understanding of the people that have "extra needs" and try to help them find a way through it.

February 26, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  187. Judith

i don't think that it is right to take other peoples skulls out of the ground. they can put a curse on them selves by doing that.

February 26, 2009 at 2:06 pm |
  188. Katie

I think that the Mardi Gras is a great idea and is a good tradition to keep alive. It’s cool that it’s still popular after Hurricane Katrina and during the recession. It should definitely help the economy or at least New Orleans’ economy because all those people are coming in and spending money on useless stuff just to have fun which doesn’t happen much anymore.

February 26, 2009 at 2:21 pm |
  189. kerby

I want to go to a really great college, but with the economy as bad at it is, I might not 😦

February 26, 2009 at 2:25 pm |
  190. Luke

CARL how do you come up with all of your hilarious puns??????

February 26, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  191. Mr. B

I'm not sure what to say to our students here in the mid-western states about all of the hub-bub regarding going to an Ivy-League school. We would just like our kids to have a "vision" of how additional education can help increase one's future salary potential...and that could come from any type schooling whether it be from trade school, technical schooling, a two-year community college or a four year college or university. It really doesn't matter where you go for your schooling, what matters is what you do with it once you have your degree. David Letterman and Papa John's pizza owner both went to Ball State University! Go Cards!

February 26, 2009 at 2:59 pm |
  192. Jonah

I fully support Mr. Bernanke's desire not to nationalize banks. I agree with him that it is not necessary. The nationalization of a bank is a scary thought. I do like the idea of the stress test, however, and think that it will really help in the troublesome days ahead.

February 26, 2009 at 3:13 pm |
  193. Drew

we really love the show, my class does. we think it'd be awesoem to get a shout out

February 26, 2009 at 3:20 pm |
  194. Utau

Oh, ANOTHER thing on my mind...HOw come my comments are never on the show?! Is it because you can't pronounce my screen name...

February 26, 2009 at 3:29 pm |
  195. Jordynn

hey carl my friend hunter is one of your biggest fans!! she absolutely loves the puns and totally wants one of those sweater vests. i'm serious she is a CRAZY CARL FAN!!

February 26, 2009 at 3:32 pm |
  196. jaucelynn

i think the pancake races must of been fun!
    although if i was in it the pancake would have never crossed the
    finish line!

February 26, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  197. Chloe

I couldn't be in a pancake race; I would eat all the pancakes.
    And my whole class agrees that Carl should get a new joke book.

February 26, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  198. Brandi

I agree with Alexis, up there, I am also a Senior and I also have to settle with a small public school instead of chasing a dream and going to a 4 yr. school and becoming a pilot. I am not likeing the stimulus plan, and had I been 18 during the elections I wouldn't have voted for Obama either. He is to sure about what he is doing and I don't trust him.

February 26, 2009 at 3:59 pm |
  199. Nilsen

I wonder how Tiger Woods got the nick name Tiger? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!?

February 26, 2009 at 4:04 pm |
  200. Sonya!!

Dude the whole sweater vest thing only works on really cute nerds!... and maybe Carl Azuz 🙂

February 26, 2009 at 4:14 pm |
  201. Patrick

I think that president Obama shouldn’t close Gitmo because noboby knows where to put them after Gitmo closes… it would be better to just keep it open

February 26, 2009 at 4:22 pm |

I luuvvsss Carl's Puns!

February 26, 2009 at 4:22 pm |
  203. Jesus & Kevin

If we were in the pancake race we would eat them instead of racing with other competitors.

February 26, 2009 at 4:24 pm |
  204. Lenny

Okay, so about Geronimo’s skull…..Why in the world would anyone want to steel someone’s skull??? Like do they make money off of steeling someone’s skull, but why would anyone want to buy it. I think that it is wrong for some kids at Yale to do that to someone’s remains and hide them in the school. It does seem sort of odd that his decedents are suing all these people to try and get Geronimo’s skull back, but it is a lot of people and some of them don’t really seem important.

February 26, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  205. Lenny

Id rather eat a pancake then race with one:)

February 26, 2009 at 4:32 pm |
  206. Kevin & Jesus

The Pedaling Pooch should be awarded because you don't often see a pedaling pooch around.

February 26, 2009 at 4:40 pm |
  207. J.W.

In the pancake race, were there obstacles? And if there was, did the racers have to run over slippery mayple syrup?

February 26, 2009 at 5:38 pm |
  208. meghan

GET A MYSPACE !
    *we could become great friends!*

February 26, 2009 at 5:38 pm |
  209. J.W.

Tiger, you made golfing exciting!

February 26, 2009 at 5:43 pm |
  210. Shela

People should not be taking things from a place thats never been messed with since he was buried or just left there to die or whatever it just should not be messed with plus it could just maybe bring out some disease that hasnt been around for so long...... you never know whats going to happen.

February 26, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  211. joey!

why would anyone takes someones skull;; famous or not that gross leave it in the grounddd;; whoever took it should give it to the family. because thats just retared;;

February 26, 2009 at 5:45 pm |
  212. anna

ivy schools::
    wouldn't people have a better chance now to get in to ivy schools, most people are looking at state school and theres less of a chance getting in there then high priced schools?
    even if there parents are unemployed they should still apply and not give up there dreams!

February 26, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  213. Kendall

WOW!!!That is so cool that dog can ride a bike!

February 26, 2009 at 5:55 pm |
  214. Vivian

I would like to write that the video of the dog was really cool...I have never seen a dog on a bike !!!!! Also its really cool that Tiger Woods came back for his long period of staying at home.

February 26, 2009 at 5:55 pm |
  215. Vivian

I think that in-flight cell phoning can be dangerous because some people can put bombs in there cell phones, and it would be really sad if we have a 9/11 attack again also it make airplanes really noisy...

February 26, 2009 at 6:03 pm |
  216. Devon

I think that Obama's stimulus plan is a good idea and it needs to be done, but they are putting the money in places that won't affect the economy in certian areas. For example, I haven't heard of any money going into the medical fields other than possibly hospitals. They need to put money into the companies in the United States that make drugs and equipment.

February 26, 2009 at 6:03 pm |

I think that a dog learning to ride a bike is pretty awesom...but I think Obama is just trying to get everyone to side with him before he throws our nation into such a deep debt. Obama seems like a nice person but he has some poor views his ideas are good but our nation can't afford it.

February 26, 2009 at 6:12 pm |
  218. Julia

Carl why do u always end with a pun?

February 26, 2009 at 6:13 pm |
  219. Kelly

I am concerned with how much money that obama is spending and the inflation it may cause down the road.

February 26, 2009 at 6:17 pm |

The economy will eventually turn around, with obama as our president he should help in this recession. He has a high approvement raing among america and is very intelligent. For america was created off the ingenuity of great minds and obama could be another one.

-\

February 26, 2009 at 6:31 pm |
  221. Rex

I'm a big fan of Obama- but from what my father told me about his stimulus package... I'm not so sure about it. Does it mean that I'm going to have to pay the goverment something when I'm older?

February 26, 2009 at 6:54 pm |
  222. wyatt

I think its pretty cool for a pancake race.

February 26, 2009 at 7:12 pm |
  223. sophiaaaaaa:)

hahahaha ur jokes r so funny :]

February 26, 2009 at 7:18 pm |
  224. SOPHIA-C:]

HI CARL I THINK THAT DOG RIDINGA BIKE IS VERY COOL !!!!!:]

February 26, 2009 at 7:31 pm |
  225. Tyler

I myself think that he shouldn’t close gitmo, I think it is a very bad idea. I see it as they are torturing them to get information out of them that can be very useful to the untied states. When they do get released they might hold a grudge on the united states and I think it is a very bad idea. I know that they are more like P.O.W (prisoners of war) then anything but the information is really important.

February 26, 2009 at 7:38 pm |

Obama's stimulus plan may help now, but it isn't helping out generation. All it's doing to the future generations is putting a higher debt on the United States and the next payers of America are going to have to pay for something that we didn't and won't be able to have a say in. it's unfair to the fact our future doctors and lawyers are going to be paid less because of the debt that happened that wasn't under their control.

February 26, 2009 at 7:42 pm |
  227. Louis

Poor Geronimo, he must sleep inconveniently in Yale

February 26, 2009 at 7:42 pm |
  228. Janet

Sweater vests AWSOME! Just not plaid ones!

February 26, 2009 at 7:42 pm |
  229. shelbi

youm have a goofy last name and your puns are getting lame you should find some more funnier puns for the show! come on!

February 26, 2009 at 7:45 pm |
  230. Jenny

I don't think it is right to sue Yale University because the native-American legend's descendants should see if it is his skull or not and sue the Order of Skull & Bones.

February 26, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  231. caroline

I think one of Obama's first things he does, is to work with the troops. It's obvious that they are being helpful in Iraq and Afganistan, so why not leave them there? He also needs to make freinds with the leaders from around the world, so we can all help each other out, and not get into deeper trouble.

February 26, 2009 at 7:57 pm |
  232. michael

i thought the pancake race was sweet i would of ate the pancakes

February 26, 2009 at 8:12 pm |
  233. audrehanna

whats on my mind is the pancake race.What is the point of the race and why do thiy look like...............wierdo's?

February 26, 2009 at 8:14 pm |
  234. audrehanna

i think carl needs help.lol like not help help but i think he needs new jokes because they just dont make Mr.Wiers SOAR class crack up.He needs new jokes because we think there cheesy=]but we enjoy your show.HELP CARL!!!!!!!!!!

February 26, 2009 at 8:22 pm |
  235. jayne

right now I'm thinking about Carl Azuz not wearing a sweater vest everyday.

February 26, 2009 at 8:29 pm |
  236. Juan

That dog is really cool!
    I'd like to give a shout out to Mrs.Parkers 6th grade social studies class!
    we watch a podcast EVERYDAY!
    your really cool Carl!
    keep on rocking!

February 26, 2009 at 9:09 pm |
  237. Kyle

I am hoping to earn a baseball scholarship, however my best chance is academically. I like the Ivy league scchools, but without a scholarship I will be paying off loans for a long time.

February 26, 2009 at 9:14 pm |
  238. katie

I thought the dog ridding the bike was really cool, by the way i think your puns are very funny so does the whole class the whole class laughs

February 26, 2009 at 9:29 pm |
  239. Charlotte

Obama should not put all the troops out then Iraq will be mad and come over and bomb us again

February 26, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  240. harmoni

i think its a marvelous, extraordinary,and off the beaten path to teach a dog something so extraordinary

February 26, 2009 at 10:17 pm |
  241. Rachel

Obama is totally going to ruin this country. And Nooooooo this economy is not all bush's fault, it is Clintons fault too. Obama is just digging us in a deeper hole with this spreading of the wealth and such. Electing Obama was a huge mistake and I knew it would be too. Like FOX news said," he keeps changing his mind," during the electon and now. The man cant't get his story straight. i hope inn the futrure Obama can prove me wrong. I think he is really just overwhelmed with presure right now. I think we should go along with the Republican party's plan.

February 26, 2009 at 10:39 pm |
  242. amber

Does the government realize that any one decision affects the teenagers and young kids lifes. They seem like they don't care how it affects us teenagers just as long as the job gets done. Does any adult realize that the choices they are making for this country will come back to the teenagers of today and it us hard because, we are still growing up.

February 26, 2009 at 10:42 pm |

America was created off the ingenuity of great minds. I think President Obama is one of those minds and that he'll get america out this recession .

February 26, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  244. beth

I do not remember the sweater vest? When did you put that on the show????

February 26, 2009 at 11:19 pm |
  245. beth

Hey Carl! I was wondring if you had another job besides being the cnn news anchor

February 26, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  246. Mandy

I'd like to wear a sweater vest. I think it'd look cool, paired with the right accessories. I'd be sure to bring my pocket protector!

February 26, 2009 at 11:41 pm |
  247. makennah

i hate the economy 😦

February 26, 2009 at 11:45 pm |
  248. MW & MG

I have been thinking about the money crises. I really would like to write a letter to Bill Gates and ask him to donate money for my family so we can finish my mom's dream house. We are having to sell it because of the economy and because the prices are rising in building supplies. I would like him to donate to us!!!!! We have been building for almost 2 years and my parents designed it with everything they dreamed of. I would really love to be able to move into that house. Please!!!!!

February 27, 2009 at 9:07 am |
  249. Jayne

I was so impressed with the "Frying Pan Grandma"! She is really smart and quick on her feet. GO, GRANDMA!!

February 27, 2009 at 9:21 am |
  250. Tashira

TO ME I'M GLAD THAT OBAMA IS ENDING THE IRAQ WAR BECAUSE I NEVER LIKED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I THOUGHT IT WAS WRONG TO START IT ANYWAY.I FEEL BAD FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WAS IN THAT WAR AND DIED BECAUSE NOW IT'S ABOUT TO END...I DON'T KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULD START IT IN THE FIRST PLACE♥

February 27, 2009 at 9:22 am |
  251. dylan

yo!waz up?im dylan and i think your jokes are pretty cool.try to work on them some time soon!Could you mention me? c ya!

February 27, 2009 at 9:25 am |
  252. Mr. Ferrone's Class

Mr. Ferrone's 6th grade class would like to know where you come up with those cheesey one-liners at the end of your shows!!

February 27, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  253. Mr. Ferrone's Class

We would like to know where you come up with those cheesey one-liners at the end of your show!!!!

February 27, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  254. Ericka♥

YO I LIKE THE PANCAKE RACE THING...I'M GOING TO PLAY THAT WITH MY FRIEND TASHIRA AND I KNOW I'M GOING TO WIN...=)

February 27, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  255. TASHIRA♥

YO I LIKE THE PANCAKE RACE I'M GOING TO PLAY IT WITH MY FRIEND ERICKA AND I KNOW I'M GOING TO WIN=)
    I'M ALSO GLAD THAT OBAMA IS GOING TO END THE IRAQ WAR BECAUSE I NEVER LIKED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE,,,DUCES♥

February 27, 2009 at 9:36 am |
  256. Heidi

I think it is horrible to take a skull!...but how come my questions are never on the video!?!?

February 27, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  257. Caleb

Dear Carl,

Whats on my mind is your awesome puns!!!!!! You need more of them and more sound effects while doing them. I love them!

P.S. Sweater Vests Rule!

February 27, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  258. Cody

I think that you really need to handle mondays better! Youre like a zombie!!! Please put this up!

February 27, 2009 at 10:17 am |
  259. Katie

I have been thinking about the eye for an eye subject that you guys brought up this week. I know many people see it as revenge for the law to blind him the way he blinded her but if we could all get revenge on someone who hurt us, we would all turn blind. It just isn't right to get revenge no matter how badly somebody hurt us or how upset we are. But, this doesn't mean I agree with them just getting away with it. I think they deserve jail time or something of that nature, but not the same punishment they may have put on somebody else (such as an eye for an eye).

February 27, 2009 at 10:28 am |
  260. Brandon

Why Texas doesnt become its own state?

February 27, 2009 at 10:56 am |
  261. Brandon

i mean country? we have our own resources to do it. so we should. we use to be one>

February 27, 2009 at 11:00 am |
  262. ann!!:)

SHOUT OUT TO MR. ZIELKES CLASS.....please tell him not to get a sweater vest

February 27, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  263. Thomas

What i want to know is how four big men that tried to rob a house only got away with 10 dollars when the ladie was 70 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!............ (= <[-_-<]

February 27, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  264. Kevin

I think that this year the big holiday which is Mardi Gras is going to be the biggest party this year.

February 27, 2009 at 11:40 am |
  265. Joel

Those dogs were amazing. I wonder how long it took them to train the dog to do that?

February 27, 2009 at 12:11 pm |
  266. dylan

Carl you deserve to be in the cnn hall of fame........if there is one

February 27, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  267. Patrick

GO GRANDMA!!!!! That was Awsome. But i'd really hate to be the Robers.

February 27, 2009 at 12:16 pm |
  268. Natalie

hey carl, i think that sweater vests are cool depending on who's wearing them, although no offense but i don't think that you look good in them, sorry, just being honest. i love the jokes, well, BYE!!!! PLEASE POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 27, 2009 at 12:39 pm |
  269. Mrs Neal's Class

Why are American's still playing the million dollar lotteries in this recession? Why don't we put that money to use and pull the country out of the recession?

February 27, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  270. J.R.

I think stealing geronimo's skull was just selfish and dumb

February 27, 2009 at 1:55 pm |
  271. Isaias

The troops should stay in Iraq becaus after they were there we have not been attacked since 911

February 27, 2009 at 2:15 pm |
  272. amanda

i think that it is good for kids to see what other people see a different place.

February 27, 2009 at 2:22 pm |
  273. Jeff

i think it's wrong for people to bang people in the head with a pancake pan, unless if they tried to kill or even touch you!!!!!!!! 0.0

February 27, 2009 at 2:23 pm |
  274. Seryn

My high school journalism class loved the story about the grandma that whacked the bad guys with her frying pan! Maybe we could use some of the goverment stimulus money to supply more grandmas with frying pans. Who knows, it could cause a drop in the crime rate!

February 27, 2009 at 2:26 pm |
  275. Jenna

I wish people would dance in life a lot more....I have been taking dance class of all kinds for 10 years(since I was 3) and I meet kids all the time who say things like, "Ballet? You take ballet? How lame!" and, "square dancing?! Thats for old people!!" I hate it. I love dancing, and all my friends love it too! I wish it could have a higher reputation in the world. One way to meet new people is to get out in the world and dancing is one fantastic way to do it. I know you guys do little bits on kids who have achieved great things, i would like it very much if you could do one on dance, be it ballet, square dancing, ballroom dancing, jazz, african, or hip hop, I think the world needs to shake of some worrys and go dancing with some friends!!! I'd also like it very much if you could put this in the news. Thanks!

February 27, 2009 at 2:42 pm |
  276. Krystyna

This is what's on my mind
    -I like grapes
    -Bagels are good in the morining
    -Civil war study is boring
    -Amber doesnt know her states

February 27, 2009 at 2:56 pm |
  277. Ms.Boose Social Studies Class

The economy because it is failing. People should start saving money because they are spending too much money. I will cut back by not spending money on shoes, video games, and eating out.

February 27, 2009 at 3:00 pm |
  278. Adam

i wonder if we can teach Carl how to ride a bike..

February 27, 2009 at 3:24 pm |
  279. Cameron

I think that you guys should do a show about how cell phones are cheaper in Japan than in the United States. They also have at least two cell phones. That would be something cool to watch! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually get bored at the begining because of all the goverment stuff. BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 27, 2009 at 3:29 pm |
  280. lizie

i think are ecconomy is in a real bad spot right now but im praying that are world can get better at one step by a time

February 27, 2009 at 3:58 pm |
  281. Bob

I'm thinking about that grandma! Hitting people with a frying pan! COOL!

February 27, 2009 at 4:25 pm |
  282. Zach

Hay carl i hope you post me on this blog for monday.my faviorate so far has got to be the pilot that landed in the hudson river and saved the lives of fellow americans.good luck to him and his familey. thank you Zach

February 27, 2009 at 5:51 pm |
  283. Zlerton

carl make your shows more funnyer please you'll get way more views.

February 27, 2009 at 5:55 pm |
  284. Victoria

I think sweater vests are tight :]. And people all around the world should wear them everyday (And stores should only sell them :p)

February 27, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  285. Victoria

Duuude pancake races look sooo fun!!! I would definatly want to be in one!! I love pancakes :]!!

February 27, 2009 at 6:08 pm |
  286. Amanda

I can't believe that Obama thinks the stimulus package will work! America will be paying it off forever – our kids' kids will be paying for it! By the way, Carl, I love your puns! Everyone in my class cheers when you start the show, and we all laugh at your puns! Thanks!

February 27, 2009 at 6:33 pm |
  287. Tara

I'm thinking that people dont pay attention to what obama is actually doing with the simulus package, taxes are getting higher for a good reason.hes re making america, with USA the whole world will change with it.

February 27, 2009 at 6:34 pm |
  288. Sarah

Carl,
    I just wanted you to know that even though people make fun of your sweater vests and corny jokes, i think they're awesome.

February 27, 2009 at 6:44 pm |
  289. Jordan

I think that Geronimo's remains should be given back to the family and that if they are returned the family should not continue on with the law suit, cause if they do that would just be greed.

February 27, 2009 at 7:22 pm |
  290. dalton

i'm thinking that President Obama's stimulus plan is out of this world

February 27, 2009 at 8:54 pm |
  291. aka the pay master, stephanie

tara doesnt know what she is talking about.

obama is making us go in so much debt!

February 27, 2009 at 10:28 pm |
  292. Ariele

Carl! I love you! Your jokes are the bomb! like tick tick boom! you are so hot! I love your sweater vest! I like your outfits! I joined your fan group on Facebook! Pretty, pretty please mention this on the show!

February 27, 2009 at 10:33 pm |
  293. Dans

i know its kind of off topic but Obama should never have signed the Freedom of Choice act. Its unfair and if he passes the bill on where all hospitals must do abortion if requested, lots of hospitals would close.

February 27, 2009 at 11:58 pm |
  294. Angie

I think the pancake races would be more fun if they had to hold a bottle of syrup!

February 28, 2009 at 12:08 am |
  295. VIKINGS

2 words cheesy puns. but, ur jokes r awesome

February 28, 2009 at 12:09 am |
  296. Angie

I think your jokes aren't the best sometimes, Carl..

February 28, 2009 at 12:10 am |
  297. AlyssaGC

I'm wondering why Mardi Gras, people make it seem like such a great holiday just people having good wholesome fun, but when you tune in on the daily news they show inappropriate behavior just to get a pair of bead thrown at them. Shouldn't Mardi Gras just be about the holiday?!
    P.S- Your show rocks and my social studies period watches it everyday.. my teacher is kind of obsessed ;D

February 28, 2009 at 1:33 am |
  298. Jaycee

What IS the deal in running around with pancakes? Maybe it is just women can't complain about having no easy sports to participate in.

February 28, 2009 at 8:29 am |
  299. kallie

I am not really sure about the new president, I think that talk is cheap and if you can talk your way to being the president you should be able to keep your word...right?

February 28, 2009 at 9:54 am |
  300. Dillon

your minds our weird some times

February 28, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  301. stephen

Carl you rock dude. Keep making those puns:)

February 28, 2009 at 11:51 am |
  302. zach and dalton

I think we need to let the economy fall then reconstruct from there I mean come on it would be easier to rebuild because the stress would begone no the presidents shoulders!!!!!!!!!!

February 28, 2009 at 12:52 pm |
  303. zach and dalton

PLEASE PUT US ON THE SHOW

February 28, 2009 at 12:54 pm |
  304. Haley

Do they get to eat the pancakes after the races are over? and what if they drop them? That's a waste of a perfectly good pancake.

February 28, 2009 at 1:02 pm |
  305. Jocelyn

Why have I never been on Cnn Why

February 28, 2009 at 2:29 pm |
  306. Christa

Yeah, you should *totally* talk about sweater vests...

I think you should get more news that people would never think about. Like, get news that people DON'T hear often, but thats still very important.

February 28, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  307. ryan

i think that it is going to be years before the economy is better i do not care what obama says

February 28, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  308. alexandria

i dont like the simulas pacage or wat ever. It just puts us more in dept. we ppl who r like 12-15 shouldnt have to pay for the goverments mishaps. Its not fair when we rnt the 1s who did this. When we get jobs they will be sucky 1ns for like $1.50 an hour or somethin... Its not right at all. not at all and that is even if we do get jobs. some of us will be liven on the streets if our debt rate keeps going up.

February 28, 2009 at 5:14 pm |
  309. Johnathon

I think that since Obama is our president people should respect him. Not his policies, but him. I was a supporter of John McCain but I still respect him because he is our president.

February 28, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  310. Charlotte

I think that Geronimo's remains should not be giving back.

February 28, 2009 at 6:17 pm |
  311. Sal

I think that the honorable Mr.Obama is willing to put it all on the line in order to make this country strong again. The president always lokks for a greater out come even if it is good or bad.

February 28, 2009 at 7:00 pm |
  312. Eunyoung

I Think stealing Geronimo's remains is not right. he was a hero to the
    natives and i think they should give it back.

February 28, 2009 at 7:16 pm |
  313. Batman

Hey Carl,
    the eye 4 an eye is COOL!! but not funny u get me?? its interesting but cruel. I think that lady should sue that dude!! Wat a meany!! Keep it up!! Bye

February 28, 2009 at 8:36 pm |
  314. trina & justin

we think that having cast iron cook wear is awesome even though it is used as a wepon. the boys should have hit up a diffrent house because everyone knows that old ppl and cook wear dont work.

February 28, 2009 at 8:37 pm |
  315. coty

I,myself, believe Mardi gra would be cool to have here inthe united states especially here in Georgia...

February 28, 2009 at 10:18 pm |
  316. emalie

you make my whole 7th grade history class luaght with your funny jokes you are so cool you must have the greatest job in the world..

February 28, 2009 at 10:29 pm |
  317. Samuel

I think that the pancake races was a waste of peoples times but at least they tasted good.

February 28, 2009 at 10:52 pm |
  318. Diondra

I THINK THAT SOME OF THE MONEY SHOULD GO TO SCHOOLS AND THE URBAN NEIGHBORHOODS BECAUSE SOME SCHOOLS ARE CLOSING DOWN AND KIDS HAVE TO MOVE TO OTHER SCHOOLS EVEN WORSE THAN THE SCHOOL THEY JUST LEFT.AND THE URBAN NEIGHBERHOOD BUILDINGS ARE FALLING APART AND NEED A LITTLE"SPRUSING"UP TO MAKE THEM LOOK A LITTLE BETTER.

March 1, 2009 at 12:15 am |
  319. Joe

I hope that grandma has good eyesight, you never know who she might hit with that pan.

March 1, 2009 at 7:59 am |
  320. Jill and Jessie

we think that the old grandma with the frying pan is one of the most hysterical things ever! i mean come on, a 70 year old fighting young people, and they only leave with $10, thats pretty funny!

March 1, 2009 at 10:24 am |

At my school everyone thinks your jokes are not funny but i think they are You are awesome Carl!!!!!!!

March 1, 2009 at 12:46 pm |
  322. SaRaH

well carl i think u look great in sweater vest u rock

March 1, 2009 at 1:20 pm |
  323. nikki

I think that pancakes are gross and carl people in my class think you are cheesey but I think you are so funny.

March 1, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  324. Malachi

The thing about the pancake race was pretty cool. So go buy some syrup and some pancakes, and you to can have a race of your very own with some pancakes. And you have a nice vest...

March 1, 2009 at 6:56 pm |
  325. Calla

I thought it was cool that a cruise line donated to the needy.
    And i wanted to say hi to my social studies teacher!!! So hi Mr. Ball!! You rock!!! Please please please please let me be on the blogs this week!!!! by the way..carl i love your sweater vests!!! They are soooo cool!!!

March 1, 2009 at 7:00 pm |
  326. Parker

Carl, you are one funny man and your sweater vest are jaw dropping. My 2nd period 8th grade history class loves you and wishes you would gives us a shout out one time, that would be amazing.

Oh, and Blagoavich is awsome!! I found him funny.

March 1, 2009 at 8:59 pm |
  327. LUKE

Also, Its said someone would steal Geronimos skull. I mean we already treated native Americans bad enough, why desicrrate their bodies?

March 1, 2009 at 11:20 pm |
  328. Tevin

That Grandma got skills with that frying pan. Maybe frying pans aren't just for cooking anymore.

March 2, 2009 at 12:06 am |
  329. Serel

my dog is so crazy that my mom needs a chewing toy for him!!!!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 1:14 am |
  330. teami

i am happy!!!!!!!!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 1:17 am |
  331. Chamberlain

What's on my mind? . . . DUH! The economy is sinking deeper and deeper into recessetion, and before long we might have another gret deppression on our hands. WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION!

March 2, 2009 at 9:16 am |
  332. Maddie, Meredith, Christina, Lindsay, and Karissa

Hey Carl! We are commenting on my status, and there are like a jillion comments, we think that's a facebook record on commenting on a status! We would greatly appricate it if you could please this funny little thing on the CNN Student News! We absolutly love your show and this would make a great little before we go, and its very entertaining! Haha, who knows, you could make an excellent pun with all this stuff! Thanks SOOOO much, we look forward to seeing our comment on the CNN Student News Show, that we watch EVERYDAY....hopefully! AND WE LOVE YOUR FACEBOOK PAGE!!! haha

March 2, 2009 at 10:25 am |
  333. John

Why do we not think more about what God is thinking?

March 2, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  334. Laura

i'm so excited this weekend there is a harry potter marathon on abc family!!!

March 2, 2009 at 1:02 pm |
  335. Miguel

well i think what obama is going to do with the money that hes going to give some away is wrong becuase then were going to have to pay for that money and the people after us two.

March 2, 2009 at 1:18 pm |
  336. Sarah

This is in response to David's comment on the show. He asked how hard it was to land a jet on the Hudson River. Let's just say that it has NEVER been done before and this was the first successful landing where everyone lived on water. Let alone the Hudson River where there are a bunch of boats coming in and out of port. Hope that helps!

March 2, 2009 at 1:57 pm |
  337. Kate

I am a huge Obama fan and my friend alex said obama will put us in a black whole............ thats wrong obama is goig to put us even deeper in debt but then we will come out of it strong!!!!!!! GO OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 3:36 pm |
  338. spencer

chuck Norris is so manly he has a Carl in a sweater-vest tattoo on his abs

March 2, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  339. Me

i think obama rulez!!!!!! he will help our country and make our country a better place!!!!!! people who are against ovbama will be hanging their heads in the end!!!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  340. Jose

Hi, y name is Jose. One of my classmates adam swears he saw a lion on one of the shots of the story of that one city in North Dakota thats not in recession. What is it really?

March 2, 2009 at 3:52 pm |
  341. Matthew

Hey Carl my class watches this every day can u do me a favor and show this comment on the show for them.

March 2, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  342. Gladys

AIG is on my mind. Ok I understand the face that AIG is too big to fail and i support the congress or the president or who ever is deciding to give them money. How ever, they can not keep giving them money. Sorry that is too many second chances.

My suggestion? The government or congress or all of them should take AIG apart. Break the company down and make is more manageable. Maybe re-route some of the companies that are insured with AIG to other companies who are not so underwater. I know that is easier said than done, but something needs to be done.

March 2, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  343. Abi

I do not think that by giving the government more money, the economy will be stimulated. People need to feel like they have money to spend so they can go out and actually spend it. The government does not usually produce comsumer goods, making the deficit larger and more of a problem and in turn only taking more money from the wealthy.This nation has been held up by private businesses for many years and we need tor realize that soon there will not be any more of other peoples money to spend.

March 2, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  344. Jonah

I think Carl's fashion advisor must have gone on vacation. I think that Carl needs to get back to what he used to wear.

March 2, 2009 at 6:58 pm |
  345. Tiffany

PUDDING!

March 2, 2009 at 7:02 pm |
  346. Alek

I've gotta hand it to ya Carl, your clever puns at the end of each episode really make my day. They are amazing! Keep'em rolling!

March 2, 2009 at 7:03 pm |
  347. Jonah

I am thinking that President Obama should not be opening all of these files on President Bush. I think that he should just let the files be. With the stuff about the anti-terror files, I don't need to know what is going on behind the scenes, as long as it means a safer country. I think that Bush got so much criticism, that we should all just let him be.

March 2, 2009 at 7:07 pm |
  348. Fang

why cant poeple just leave Obama alone. I mean he won the votes. He is not leaving for 4-years, so stop talk bad about him, it just gets old

March 2, 2009 at 7:13 pm |
  349. Fang

Why not talk about TWILIGHT the book. Poeple read that ever were and it would made a lot of kids lisen to the story because everyone loves that book. LOL

March 2, 2009 at 7:20 pm |
  350. Kayla

I have seen some hairless cats but that one is down right ugly!
    It's kind of funny though............................

March 2, 2009 at 7:35 pm |
  351. jacob

Hey obama spread the wealth. obama talks big but does he show it? he does not i think. all the spending are little towns like denmark wisconsin going to see that money? i highly dought that. whe should not have pork barrel spending. spread the wealth. i mean come one obama help the small companys like billy bo's trucking not the auto companys. THEY GOT THEMS SELFS IN TROUBLE. Is obama going to care when main street market closes. No all he seems to care about is wall street. what about main street obama. i would like u to see the poverty and see u live under the poverty line. i want u to live pay check to paycheck. obama has to focus on small town america not beverly hills . thanks and god bless

March 2, 2009 at 8:23 pm |
  352. Faith

Obama is a great president but sometimes i think he makes,not so great, decision's,and why is there tax's with all we have to do is donate.

Adults need job's to feed there family,with all the tax's and no job openings that can't happen!! =(

P.S.=Carl you need a littel better jokes!! (No avence)
    P.S.S.=im in 6th grade and my class mates and teacher watch Cnn Student News Every Day and we think it's awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 9:05 pm |
  353. Faith

Tax's going up NOT COOL. =(
    Giving the money to people that need it,schools,and all that YAY =)
    your weird jokes O_O um

Got to go

March 2, 2009 at 9:10 pm |
  354. Faith

Just imagining cumen, turmer, chilli pepper and, ginger are all spices and can help with cancer and stuff.
    How cool is that !!!!!!!

March 2, 2009 at 9:18 pm |
  355. Dena

Sweater vests are not pretty. Why would anybody in there state of my mind wear one of those things?! Thats a fashion NO NO!

March 2, 2009 at 11:08 pm |
  356. Jack

I thought that it was awesome how those spices are actually really healthy for you.

March 3, 2009 at 9:48 am |
  357. Mary

I was interested in your spice segment. We just learned about herbs and how they were used by early Native Americans and pioneers. It was cool to see a connection with spices.

March 3, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  358. Michael

♥ I would just like to tell everybody that I amas happy as can be because I have the most amazing girlfriend in the world and that I just wanted her to know that I love her. ♥

March 3, 2009 at 10:29 am |

Right now, I am just wondering when President Obama is planning on putting the cap-and-trade system into action...... any answers???

March 3, 2009 at 10:34 am |
  360. chelsea

Tax's not cool =/
    I feel that we are in a big hole already how far can this hole keep going?=[
    I just hope obama makes the right choices as president and hope he knows what he is doing. O_o

March 3, 2009 at 11:59 am |
  361. tyler

alot

March 3, 2009 at 1:05 pm |
  362. RACOLTA

Whats on my mind is im never on cnn and i would really be happy if i saw my name on there please put my name on cnn thank you.

March 3, 2009 at 1:25 pm |
  363. Austin

I'm thinking of homework.

March 3, 2009 at 1:26 pm |
  364. Rachael

If you go on myspace, facebook, or bebo be careful because there are alot of sick people in the world. And they can even track you through your myspace, facebook, or bebo, and the sad part is that you don't even know that they can do that but trust me they can, and most likely will. Well they might or they might not. But just make sure you know what your doing on the internet.

March 3, 2009 at 2:06 pm |
  365. Rachel

I think it is really dumb that they let Michel Phelps get of the hook like he did because he basicaly said that he took the drug and i think that he should have all of his medals from the Olyimpics tooken away and they should re-do the swimming for men this year if that is possible at all because no one else is aloud to take drugs and get away with it so why should some guy that won a bunch of gold meadles be aloud to because he probably was taking them during the Olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2009 at 2:29 pm |
  366. Jon

Whats mostly on my mind is the War on Terror. I don't even remember why the war started iin thi first place or when for that matter. I've noticed in all the history reports and contry reports war had to take place some time and also I can't remember a time when the human race has turned its back on war, besides the Cold War.

March 3, 2009 at 2:30 pm |
  367. Rachel

whats on my mind is that I dont think that the state should waste this much time and money to bale AIG out because they made some poor chocies. I know the owner of a reasturant where i live and i know that the state wouldn't help him if his reasturant went under but since AIG is a huge company it's ok to spend so much money on them and help them out. I think if your going to do that the state should help all the businesses that are going under in the United States.

March 3, 2009 at 2:36 pm |
  368. melinda

Even if we are in a big hole what can we do? I mean it shouldn't all have to be up to Obama. He is just one person. Even if we can't get out of this hole we have to just keep living our lifes till we do. Don't just look to Obama look to yourselfs and ask what can you do to help get us out of this hole that everyone of us has made.

March 3, 2009 at 4:17 pm |
  369. Katie

Even though it's cold, my toe socks will keep me warm. Why do the goldfish snacks come in different colors when they taste the same? These are the things I wonder.

March 3, 2009 at 5:05 pm |
  370. Robert

Ive written in a lot of times in hopes of having my class here you say
    Kumquat!

March 3, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  371. Natalie

hey, Carl, I think that the cool little house in the cave, is the coolest, most awesomest thing EVER!!!!!!! I'd love to live in a house like that, but I think that I'd be alittle afraid about the bugs that'd live trhere with me, I mean it's in a cave.

March 3, 2009 at 6:33 pm |
  372. Jeanette

I think what the old lady did to the people breaking into her home was awsome!!!! I wish my grandma would do the same. Knowing her she would too!! I would do the same thing if i was in the position!!

March 3, 2009 at 7:49 pm |
  373. Autumn

What's on my mind is the stimulus package. I dont really like President Obama's stimulus package. I know that it's supposed to stimulate the economy but all it's doing is sending our generation into debt and how fair is that to us kids? Not fair at all. All we do is beg our parents to buy us stuff and that helps the economy right? So why should we have to suffer?

March 3, 2009 at 7:56 pm |
  374. Jake

The stimulus package is not necessary. It will put us in an even worse recession or even a depression all were going to do is have to pay it back in taxes anyway. so sure it MIGHT help us for a little while but when taxes roll back around we are deeper in the recession than before.

March 3, 2009 at 8:03 pm |
  375. John

Hi Carl, i am from a school called Bulloch Academy and we visited the CNN center in Atlanta, GA. We saw you on the balcony of the second floor and all screamed and waved and you waved back. You are truly inspiring and my hero.
    Shoutout to Buloch Academy Mrs. Burnette's class. Statesboro GA
    please put this on the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 3, 2009 at 10:08 pm |
  376. Amanda

carl your puns are amazing! our whole class cheers for you!!! even though sometimes they are kind of lame they are still awesome!

March 3, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  377. grace

i just want my blog to be on cnn please

March 3, 2009 at 11:16 pm |
  378. Louie

I think socialism is the right answer for our problems in this economy at the moment. It will bring hope and encouragement for the youth and free our minds from the torture we are put under everyday.

March 4, 2009 at 1:20 am |
  379. Kaitlin

What is on my mind is that President Obama is over spending and he hasn't even been in office for 100 days. Our ecomomy is doomed for a deeper recession. Oh, and sweater vest basically the best thing ever.

March 4, 2009 at 2:08 am |
  380. Samantha

What's on my mind is this. In my Social Studies class, my teacher, Mr.George, had an email that said that the Stimulous Package is like taking water from the deep end of a pool and dumping it in the shallow end. When you are done, you are at the same place as when you started. All the water is in the same place. You have just wasted a lot of time on something that won't change anything.

March 4, 2009 at 1:20 pm |
  381. Jessica

Well all I have to say is that Carl needs new material (no offence Carl) and someone's skull stolen that is so wrong if I was that sprit I would haunt them until they give my head back to my revetives! Also I cant see myself in a sweter vest and thanks for the nightmares about that now! Also would you please put this on Cnn stundent news! I always wanted to be on but I have been busy!

March 4, 2009 at 3:55 pm |
  382. Shira

I think it's important to explain what's going on in Israel right now. Many students are unaware of what's really going on and believe all the citizens of Israel are safe because there was a cease fire. However, there are still attacks from Gaza and I really wish Karl would address them! Please help Karl, for Israel's sake and my own!

March 4, 2009 at 4:07 pm |
  383. Rae

What's on my mind is how I'm going to pay for college- I'm still in middle school but its already starting to seem like a problem. It's really unfair- in my opinion, money should have nothing to do with education. Learning shouldn't come at a price.

March 4, 2009 at 7:29 pm |
  384. keri-sue

carl tells jokes like my family.

March 4, 2009 at 7:47 pm |
  385. Loy

Dear Carl,
    I am an eight grade student at Bulloch Academy. The CNN Center was awesome and it was even cooler seeing you. Thanks for mentioning us on the show. On a past show someone commented that they did not like sweater vests. I think they are awesome and wear them all the time.

March 4, 2009 at 9:53 pm |
  386. Pheobe

I used to be known as the funny punny girl at school. I'm nothing compared to you now, Carl.

March 4, 2009 at 10:13 pm |
  387. Lisa

Carl, you know how you had that show where that girl had over 15,000 text messages... well i have her beat by almost 500

im on no school breaks or anything, i do all my texting in school or at home, yet i still can get that much

March 4, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  388. Jonathan

Wouldn't it be easier for the economy if everyone just lowered the prices on everything? That way people would have money to spend and it wouldn't make businesses go bankrupt

March 4, 2009 at 11:57 pm |
  389. Ms. Navas Global Studies

We think our class would set the Guinness World record for most consecutive times that we watch Carl Azuz and Student News.

March 5, 2009 at 7:23 am |
  390. Julia

Whats on my mind is how the world is. Obama is trying in the first place Bush started it making it bad. Taxes, Homes and Etc...

March 5, 2009 at 9:22 am |
  391. Joshua

I feel that the DOW is a good thing for the eonocmy. to show how its going. But people use it to much to get there info on the eonocmy and thats what casue people to freak out about the situatuon that we are in. If people would sit back and look at other places they would see that things will get better.

March 5, 2009 at 9:50 am |
  392. Madeline

If everyone was more confinant and ignored they dow the economy would do better. People would spent money, and the buisnesses wouldn't have to cut so many jobs so people then would have more money to spend. We don't need to spend billions of my generations dollars to get out of this crisis.

March 5, 2009 at 11:12 am |
  393. Gavin

What's on my mind is the auto-bailout. I'm very concerned with the way that American tax-dollars are being spent. I do not agree that money should be given to failing companies, it has never been an American value to reward the losers. I say let them go down, take the money from the auto-bailout and give it too the venture capitalists to find a new and innovative brand to be the face of the American auto industry.

March 5, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  394. Audrey, Anna, and Noreen

Carl,
    We think your puns recently have been lame. We would Wheely (LOL) like some new ones. Please will you try to make them great!

March 5, 2009 at 12:46 pm |
  395. Elizabeth

On my mind right now it my future. I am 13 and I am already worried about not having enough money to pay for college and worrying about not spending too much of my parents' money.

March 5, 2009 at 1:49 pm |
  396. Juliana

Why my jokes never apear on the show

March 5, 2009 at 6:23 pm |
  397. Griffin

In response to Geronimo's reamins, They never should have messed with his grave site. Graves are not meant to be messed with and they should leave those graves alone. That was very random and selfish for those people to demand his remains. I mean, he's already dead and gone. It shouldn't matter anymore.

March 6, 2009 at 2:57 pm |
  398. Jessica

MY opinion is that sweater vests are weird.

March 6, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  399. Jessica

I'm thinking of this packet that we have to do in Social Studies!! UGH!

March 6, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  400. Jessica

I'm thinking that my flag football team stinks!! Today was the last day and we haven't won once. 😡

March 6, 2009 at 4:37 pm |
  401. super dude

I don't care what anybody says I'll join the No Cussing Club any day. I have never cussed in my life and I'm turning 13 this year.

March 6, 2009 at 7:02 pm |
  402. super dude

Hey it's me super dude again my class video tapes CNN the whole week and watches them on every Friday.

P.S CNN rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 6, 2009 at 7:09 pm |
  403. suly

i like that Obama is trying to fix the aconomy though it will take some time for it take effect and get the aconomy up and running properly

March 6, 2009 at 10:45 pm |
  404. Katie

No matter what Fiona and Jessica say, sweater vests are NOT ugly, or weird! They're awesome! And I have one, too! (I wore it yesterday!)

March 9, 2009 at 9:21 pm |
  405. Katie

Don't listen to Sonya either! Sweater vests are not just for nerds! (See above comment!)

March 9, 2009 at 9:28 pm |
  406. Ghezzy!

I have a big and interesting question.
    if the economy is so bad, why dont
    Obama makes lots of money and give like a million of dollars to eachperson, in that way the us, would be the richest country in the world.
    (just a question)

March 10, 2009 at 1:05 am |
  407. carley

FOOD! im starving but lunch isnt for another 10 minutes

March 10, 2009 at 12:57 pm |
  408. Sammie

They need to fix the economy sometime soon. Just think when we have kids they might be able to get a job when their older... 😦

March 10, 2009 at 1:24 pm |
  409. SeanBT

The food at most schools is so fating and i think that the schools can do better because in most schools kids are getting fater every day and part of it is that the foods they bring or eat is to fating so there should be like state lows that allow what a child can bring to school for lunch time and set the calorie limit for school lunches

March 10, 2009 at 4:06 pm |
  410. SeanBT

People say that in 2012 the world will end i think that is not true because if the world would have came to an end do you think that people will b tell every 1 else this

March 10, 2009 at 4:08 pm |
  411. Katie

embryonic stem cell research is not the way to go.

March 10, 2009 at 6:28 pm |
  412. Katie

{SeanBT} nostradomis was a philosipher who made thousands of random predictions based on teachings of the myans. ppl have predicted before and got ppl all worked up for nothing at all in the end. so i doubt it.

March 10, 2009 at 6:31 pm |
  413. Brandi

I think that Obama is sending our country into a HUGE black hole, more than it already is.Next election when I can vote, it sure will not be for him!!

March 11, 2009 at 3:02 pm |
  414. Bryce

I think it is idiotic to have longer school days and years. I also think that it is absurd for people to pay to ride bikes instead of cars.I also think that the man who blinded that one one should deserve a harsh punishment .

March 11, 2009 at 3:56 pm |
  415. Charlotte

well, it seems like i have nothing to really say, so i will just say that i think cnn student news is the best thing. i watch it every day, even if its not in the classroom. carl is so funny, and the stories r very interesting. i learn a lot. even my teacher says that we are much smarter now that we watch ur show. swaeter vest r awesome so keep wearing them, pancake raced r cool, obama rocks, and i made a promise not to eat any candy for mardi gras, and that didnt happen. im eating a candy bar right now. LOL. anyway, so yeah. i think our world is turning a little on the crazy side. oh well. but CNN student news still rox!!!!! 🙂

March 12, 2009 at 3:07 pm |
  416. Lanie

I think that the no cussing club is really improtant in every community. IMy neighbor is very partial to cursing me and another girl at our bus stop, and he is only in the sixth grade. I get very offended when he does and I always think that he is way to young to know these words. Sometimes I will hear kids cursing out their parents or friends, and the words aren't even used in the correct context, which really makes you think about what these kids go through at home. I truly think that cursing should only be used in profound cases, like when someone is badly hurt, but not used to curse people for just being the person that they are.

March 12, 2009 at 5:37 pm |
  417. Staci

my math homework is on my mind...i do not want to do it...26 questions... ugh... i love cnn student news!!

March 12, 2009 at 9:30 pm |
  418. jesse

about the new little robot that is in the army. when is is about to explode(or in a state of explosion) what happens to the solders/comrads the robot hase becous that explosion is big:0
    do the solders die or have time to get out of the area?

March 13, 2009 at 12:44 pm |
  419. robert

carl i like that robot on the show for the milatary and you rock.

March 13, 2009 at 12:47 pm |
  420. Dianexis

I think Carl Azuz should get "down with his bad self" on air.. lol

March 15, 2009 at 3:17 am |
  421. Sam

I was in New Orleans for Mardi Graw. You would not believe the kinds of stuff they throw off of the floats. I got a light saber. My uncle is abscessed with all the wacky stuff they throw. He really loves the rubber chickens. I wanted a rubber chicken, and one of those painted coconuts that they have at the ZULU parade. But sadly I didn't get either. But still if you have the chance to go to New Orleans for Mardi Graw don't pass that up.

March 16, 2009 at 9:22 pm |
  422. Grace

I think that Geronimo's descendants should get his remains... it would be kind of odd to think about somebody having, say, your grandfather's skull or something!

March 16, 2009 at 9:44 pm |
  423. Kayla

What is on my mind?! The Economy, it is a very scary thing! I hope that Obama can get the U.S help in making things better for Americans, people who needs jobs, loans, and help to go to college if they cant afford it out of their own pocket, all these things are so important right now and we need help and I only pray that people wake up and realize what is going on in the world today and it wont get better without other peoples help as well!!

March 17, 2009 at 9:10 am |
  424. justme;

so.........you mean that someone just dished out billion's of taxpayer's money, and had no idea aig was going to award million's in reward's..................so where is the oversight and accountability on this deal. still no oversight................well.........america.........what do you think..........just about to get your belly full yet?

March 17, 2009 at 11:21 pm |
  425. Lyssa

What is with the corney sayings you say at the end of the show???
    I'm not complaning but yo have no clue how bad ur made fun in my class 😉

March 18, 2009 at 2:15 am |
  426. Michelle

I LOVE OBAMA!

March 18, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  427. Jacob

Hi, i think that the idea of building a wall to protect America from illegal immagrants is ridiculous. There are numerous areas that are unwalled and unprotected. And what is the point of building a wall that can be cut trought and simply walked around!!!!! They need to find something that acualy works.

March 18, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  428. Mr. Pheatt's Class

We Love how you always end the show with a funny saying!!!

March 18, 2009 at 9:43 pm |
  429. kate

I found my self nearly asleep when watching cnn student news. I only pay attention to the before we go, blog, fast facts, ID me, and shout out/ shout out extra credit. MAKE IT A LITTLE INTERUSTING!!!!!!!!!!

March 18, 2009 at 9:44 pm |
  430. Mr. Pheatt's Class

We love this show!!!

March 18, 2009 at 9:45 pm |
  431. kristen

I think AIG is stupid for giving the employes a BOUNS when the MONEY was for a BAILOUT. they don't need the money the company does,and I think it's dumb of them to give out BONUSES like that.

March 25, 2009 at 11:23 am |