.
January 30th, 2009
12:37 AM ET

Cloning Your Pet

I don't know about this one; to me, something about it just doesn't seem right.  I had a GREAT dog growing up - the kind you wish would live for 100 years - and I'd give almost anything to see her ears flattened and tail wagging when I walk through the front door today.  But she was one of a kind, and I'd want to keep it that way.  Just because scientists CAN do something doesn't necessarily mean they should...

On the other hand, maybe you have a pet you can't imagine life without, and maybe it's unlike any animal you've known before.  Assuming you had $150,000 lying around, would you consider ordering up a clone?

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Lucifer

Haha, Carl we should clone you 5 times. one for every day of the week.

January 30, 2009 at 1:07 am |
  2. Matthew

I wouldn't because that $150,000 is supposed to be made for a living, not for company. Either they are rich, or they are going to be in loan for a long time.

January 30, 2009 at 5:29 am |
  3. AJ

Cloning your pet seems a little weird, or alot. If I had that much money to clone my pet, I would do it, because If your pet died, then you would have the same exact pet, just cloned. Cloning is very weird, but I would do it.

January 30, 2009 at 8:20 am |
  4. Colin

MY ANSWER IS;"doggie poo".
    Because I never had a pet doesn't mean that I don't know what it's like to have one. I adore dogs and when I visit my cousin who has a dog I always try to touch the little dog.(Don't miss the phrase 'try' . He tries to bite me because, according to my cos' , my hand looks like one of it's dog food.)But having them cloned? I think it rather makes you feel worse. It's like having your mom back from life but she behaves differently from your original mom. Memories are here to pass not to worsen your sadness...
    At least that's what I think.

January 30, 2009 at 8:41 am |
  5. MW & MG

We think it would be awesome to clone the dog you love so much! It's great that they have donated so much to the humane society :)! There little puppy is so cute! Cloning your dog though looks weird but it looks like they love that puppy so much! I have a dog that I love so much that's old. If I could clone her, i would! 🙂 I LOVE STUDENT NEWS!

January 30, 2009 at 9:05 am |
  6. caroline!!!!

i think it's weird to clone your pet because...it's just weird. and a waste of money because the dog might look the same but it will never be the same

January 30, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  7. HANNAH!!!!!

Okay! I think that would be really cool to clone your pet, especially if it was passing away. You'd have to really want it, to pay that much 🙂 🙂 🙂
    That's sooo cool though!!!!

January 30, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  8. John

If I had the money to spend and had enough left over I would definitely clone my dog... My dog is like my brother...so if my brother died...I'd clone him..but even though pets are different then a real brother...I'd definitely do it.

January 30, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  9. chandler

I think that spending $155,000 to clone a dog is outrageous. The dog isn't even guaranteed to act the same as Lancelot.

January 30, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  10. ginger

I think that they should of got a new pupy that looked like there other dog and saved about $149,300!

January 30, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  11. Kate

I think that I would do it if I had a lot of money but there is always room for change in he world, if this dog was like a super dog then yes I would but if it was a bad dog that ripped eveything up then no.

January 30, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  12. J

I thought it was really cool how they are able clone animals like that now. The one thing I thought was that 155,000 was a little much to pay for the same dog you already had. I kind of wonder if maybe this dog will die of cancer also. If so will the family buy another in an endless cycle of cloning???

January 30, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  13. Abby

That would be so cool! My fish died from ick it's name was Mango. I wish I could have cloned him. Can you clone a fish?

January 30, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  14. Anabel

I think that I might clone my dog if I had the money because my dog is old and I don't want her to die. But it's kind of a lot of money and animals are supposed to die one day.

January 30, 2009 at 9:30 am |

If i had a really special dog and i had the money i would clone them!!!
    That puppy was sooooooooooooooooo cute!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

January 30, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  16. frannie

i guess if you had the money to spend on cloning a pet and you really loved the pet you were cloning then it would be worth it to spend 150000 dollars on a clone. But if you didn't have a lot of money in the first place it wouldn't be worth it because you could just search for a pet that you loved just as much as the first one.

January 30, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  17. parker

I think that it would be cool if you could clone a pet, especially if it was a really cool one. I still don't know if I would though...

January 30, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  18. connor

I wish that I have money and I would love clone my dog it would be awesome. That dog is cool. HI CARL!!!!!!! ('-')

January 30, 2009 at 9:33 am |
  19. Marshall and Devon

I think that it is awesome to clone your dog. I mean you could have a dog that is an exact replica of your other dog. That is totally cool. The only part that I don't like is that it cost $155,000. That is a lot of money. Whew. My partner says that he would clone a puppy for that much. He says that he would clone five dogs.

January 30, 2009 at 9:34 am |
  20. Mai

I would NOT consider ordering up a clone, however rich I am,

January 30, 2009 at 9:53 am |
  21. Collin

I would like to clone my brothers dog because she was the best dog you could have and also because my brother will love it!!!!!!!!

January 30, 2009 at 10:43 am |
  22. josie

cloning my pets!!!!!! that would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!the puppy in there was so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 30, 2009 at 10:44 am |
  23. josie

no , because i like my dogs just the way they are!!!!!

January 30, 2009 at 10:46 am |
  24. Meghan

I would clone my pet, somethings like that are just close to the heart.

January 30, 2009 at 10:54 am |
  25. Meghan

I would not want to clone my pets, that would hurt the poor thing!

January 30, 2009 at 10:55 am |
  26. Clark

It depends on the animal. Maybe people should worry about the animals who are already living in the shelters. Why not take an animal who is already living and need a good home.

January 30, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  27. griffin

I have a great dog right now, his name is Elvis. He is a boxer and is a full blooded member of or family. If I could, I would clone him because I couldn't imagine life without my little buddy.

January 30, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  28. Lindsay

My dog passed away a couple years ago so I would like to have a clone of my Harry.

January 30, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  29. Colin

I would like to clone my dog if it died because i really like my dogs and i would want to keep them

January 30, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  30. alex

i would clone a dinosar and hed be my pet. HA!

January 30, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  31. Anna

It sound sort of cool, but still, it's not really natural. Also, why wouldn't they want just a new dog??? One of the fun parts of getting a dog is knowing that they will be different.

January 30, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  32. Lyssa

well i would love to have a clon dog becose my dog died in 2005 and i would want him back.

January 30, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  33. Matt

if i had an extra 150 grand laying around i would definetly do it, but most people cant just pull 150,000$ right out of their pocket especially in these tough economic times

January 30, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  34. kathleen

I think that it is so cool that you ca clone a dog or any other animal and just to think that it not aloud to clone a person that stinks.

January 30, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  35. Sean

I would love to have my dead dog reborn in a knew pup. My dog died recently and I think it would be great to see her again. But that money doesn't appear out of thin air. It must be a very delicate process.

January 30, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  36. morgan

I don't think it's nice the way the owners said that they would want the puppy to have the same personality because they aren't really giving other personalities a chance. They were saying that they want the same dog all over again. And that's a sweet thought but I feel bad for the new puppy because he should be able to be who he want to be.

January 30, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  37. Zack

I think that the cloning of a pet is pretty cool but it doesn't really work with Mother Nature. I mean "she" didn't make living creatures to be cloned. I definitely would spend the money in a different way, if I did have $150,000 lying around.

January 30, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  38. Corey

I would clone my cat.

January 30, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  39. Addie

I don't think that it's right to clone animals, because "people are too special" i think that that is really dumb. I also believe that when you die, that it's your time to go and when you clone something then its like disrupting the natural world. I think its stupid. we could be spending money on something else rather than making not turn out to look right or something and we have to kill them.

January 30, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  40. Forest

Yes! I would love to have my golden around forever, but it would be kind of creepy. First he's dead and then I have him back again? Creepy!

January 30, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  41. annie

Woa I wish I had that kind of a money I think its a great idea but i don't know if i would do that to my cat.

January 30, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  42. Rochelle

i would cone my pet because i want my pet to live as long as me. So having a back- up dog that is exactly the same as my original dog wouldn't be so bad.

January 30, 2009 at 11:43 am |
  43. Rachel

I love my dog Chloe but I don't know if me or my parents would be willing to pay almost $200,000 dollars for another one!!

January 30, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  44. Leigh

If my pet died, i would be upset but i wouldn't go to that extreme. I mean really, even if i had $150,000 I wouldn't spend it on that1

January 30, 2009 at 11:48 am |
  45. Emily

I don't understand why that couple cloned their dog. They need to move on and they already have 9 dogs! The dog was fun while it lasted but they knew eventually the dog would die. People grow attached. What happens when the cloned dog dies? Are they gonna clone that one too?

January 30, 2009 at 12:12 pm |
  46. taylor

I think that cloning your pet would be cool if it was cheaper than that. when my dog dies i want to clone her. I really dont think it would be worth the money because you can buy aniamls that look alot like it for way cheaper. It might be worth it if you were cloning yourself or a family member, but not a doggy.

January 30, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  47. Natalie

I think it's a weird thing to clone your dog. I mean sure it would be cool to have like, the same exact looking dog, but what happends when and if the dog gets complications or something? I mean, they already have nine dogs, sure maybe they loved that surten dog, but they already have nine more. But sure, if they wanted to spend that much money on one pet, then go ahead.

January 30, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  48. Teacher Nicci's Class, East Mesa Juvenile Detention Facility

The concept is very exciting but I we don't want to have a clone of anything out there. You wonder if something designed by science would have certain flaws or errors that would be detrimental to others.

January 30, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  49. Keshia

I wouldn't want to clone my pet because I'd be too afraid that something would go wrong. Just because the pet is cloned, does not mean that it will have the same personality traits as the first. I love my dog just the way she is and I'd rather keep her the way Mother Nature intended.

January 30, 2009 at 12:52 pm |
  50. JuJu

I had a cat who i grew up with who was my best friend.
    Im sure if i had 150,000 hangin around i would definatly clone him!!!!
    It was weird that they could do that.

January 30, 2009 at 1:05 pm |
  51. Aaron

clonin is bad

January 30, 2009 at 1:07 pm |
  52. Gump

that is so cool that they cloned a dog

January 30, 2009 at 1:07 pm |
  53. sam

wow i would defanatily clone my dogs but for that much money jesh i dont even know who has that much money wowza but if i did i defanitly would clone my dog i mean how COOL would it be to have ur old dog as a puppi again

January 30, 2009 at 1:08 pm |
  54. Melanie and addie

I think I want to clone myself.

January 30, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  55. muffin/Izze

it would b wierd to hav a cloned pet.

January 30, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  56. Sophia

If they really love their dog that much that it would be okay

January 30, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  57. Erin

Cloning your dog I wish I thought of that idea. MY dog is really old and I would pay over 1 million dollars if I had to to have him. I want to clone my dog now.

January 30, 2009 at 1:34 pm |
  58. rachel

I think it is right but kid of weird. I believe it is right because if something you love a lot then ya i would want another one exactly like it too

January 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  59. JUSTIN

Cloning pets is cool but if I had one of my dogs cloned it just wouldn't be the same as the original.

January 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  60. Sayer

Cool, But is there a risk, what if the dog becomes Mentaly or physically deformed

January 30, 2009 at 1:35 pm |
  61. Melanie, Dakota

That is so weird!! why would you spend that much money on cloning a dog if it wasn't exactly the same and as special and if you had like 9 other ones!!!! Thats cool. Wait and if you give the DNA wouldn't it just have cancer again and die!!!!!! WEIRD.

January 30, 2009 at 1:36 pm |
  62. Addie and Melanie

I think that is great to clone animals, if u like the animal why not it in this world even longer!

January 30, 2009 at 1:36 pm |
  63. Meriel

I think you should get a new dog. Sure you love your dog but you might want to love another puppy. Even though its really sad I would want to love another doggy so another dog can have a life where hes loved instead of being stuck in the kennel and I think dying is just a part of life and you have to move on and love another puppy. And then you would be doing the right thing and you would have 155,000 dollars to help other things and buy stuff and have a major shopping spree and buy a car even if you're 12....

January 30, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  64. Aimee

i had a dog and I found him in the woods and he meant the world to me, he died because he had a tumor in his brain. But if i had the money i would have definately cloned him.

January 30, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  65. Ellie

What????? I think that is so cool!!! But my dog is a ONE AND ONLY!!!!!!! 🙂

January 30, 2009 at 1:38 pm |

I think that is kind of weird. I mean, I love my dog but I wouldn't want to clone him because he wouldn't be the same dog and thats just weird.

January 30, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  67. Melanie and addie

what kind of name is Lancelot

January 30, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  68. Dallas

No, I don't think I would clone my pet. I mean if you find a pet that is very interesting– you love THAT pet. Not any kind of copy of it, it wouldn't be the same. It'd just be like your pet having babies.

January 30, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  69. zach

what is wrong with people? in this horrible economy a couple is wasting thousands of dollars on a dog?! why?! i fail to see how any animal is worth that amount of money for, death is a part of life, deal with it.

January 30, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  70. jeffrey

i want to clone my dog carl can you lend me some money

January 30, 2009 at 1:56 pm |

cloning your pet is awesome clone a human next

January 30, 2009 at 2:10 pm |
  72. ketchup

i think that cloning your pet is pretty cool but i kind of have mixed feelings about it so yeah! =)

January 30, 2009 at 2:12 pm |
  73. Terminator

No way would I clone a living animal God made it the way it was cloning it would be wrong plus why would you waste so much money
    when you could get one for free

January 30, 2009 at 2:12 pm |
  74. James

That would be nice to clone my dog, but I would'nt put that much money into it. If it cost 1000 dollars are less then I would do that.

January 30, 2009 at 2:13 pm |
  75. zane

only if i loved the pet and if i had the money.

January 30, 2009 at 2:14 pm |
  76. Cassidi♥

I think cloning your pet is kind of weird. I don't think they should have cloned their pet, or at least I would not clone my pet. But maybe their dog meant a lot to them, and they had a lot of money laying around so they thought they would spend it on making another dog. But I don't think I would ever clone my dog just because I liked him a lot.

January 30, 2009 at 2:14 pm |
  77. Rose

i think it would be interesting to clone your pet and i woud think about it before i spent large amount of money on a pet

January 30, 2009 at 2:16 pm |

I wouldn't! My pet is a nuisence!

January 30, 2009 at 2:17 pm |
  79. ANGELINA

I THINK THAT IF YOU CANT LIVE WITHOUT THIS DOG YOU WOULD GIVE UP ANYTHING TO GIVE HIM BACK SO GIVING AN 150.000 TO MAKE A CLONE I WOULD DO IT IN A HEART BEAT

January 30, 2009 at 2:36 pm |
  80. Pauline

Clonig you dog is really weird i would clone a lot of things but not my dead dog

January 30, 2009 at 2:44 pm |
  81. Jasmine

Well i think i that the animal should be very special to be cloned otherwise let the animal's spirit go in peace. There are a lot of great animals out there.

January 30, 2009 at 3:23 pm |
  82. Ellie

That would be awsome to clone your pet. especilly if your trying to remeber a loved one!

January 30, 2009 at 3:25 pm |
  83. Utau

I think it would be cool if it would live forever! I love my cat and I can't imagine her 'leaving' so I think it would be AWESOME! But on the other hand, some of these people are right, there could be flaws, and what is one to do when the clone dies? Clone it again? Hmm…

January 30, 2009 at 3:35 pm |
  84. Ender

$155,000 dollars is a lot of money. They could donate that to bigger projects, dogs have been cloned before.

January 30, 2009 at 4:20 pm |
  85. Rachel

I would definetly clone my dog if he died. He's added so much to the household since we got him and it would be awful if he died. So yes, if I had all that money, I'd get a clone.

January 30, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  86. SaDiE

I think cloneing your pet is a greedy thing to do. Could you just enjoy the time that dog lived instead of re-creating it? It had one life, think about it like a persons life. Would you want to clone someone you lost? That would be just creepy and would be a disrespect for that person!

January 30, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  87. katie

Ummmmm....ya cloneing your pet is like kinda weird. I mean why would you want an animal that looks exactly like your dead animal walking around your house. How about being happy with the animal that was alive.

January 30, 2009 at 4:30 pm |

First I belive that you shouldn't spend that much money cloning a pet. I understand that you miss your old pet, but really, it's not entirly worth it. You coould save money by buying a pet that looks similer to your old pet. I couldn't even imagine spending that much money on a simple dog!!!

January 30, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  89. aaron

I think that cloning your dog is o.k. but I heard they last only 13 years in a human and I still dont know for dogs,but it isnt as long. I wish I had my dog clone. She died 2 years ago.

January 30, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  90. Jelly

If i had that kind of money, I most likely would not get a clone. Evne though it would be nice to have my dog back, but i she wouldn't be the same. Also i dont think i would put that much money into it. I think its kinda weird, but those peolple must have really loved their dog.

January 30, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  91. kari

i want to clone was dog tispy who passed away a coulpe of years ago.
    r.i.p Tipsy.

January 30, 2009 at 4:34 pm |
  92. Emma

In my opinion, I think it's really kinda weird cloning your missed animal. It's creepy cause really, who does that? If you have like $150,000 dollars around, why don't you just put it in the bank, or something. Spend some of it on a trip or you could even buy or rent a beach house some place beautiful like Hawaii. There are plenty of other cooler things to do with that kind of cash besides cloning your dog. Do not get me wrong I have dogs too, but in my honest opinion, just get a puppy.

January 30, 2009 at 4:35 pm |
  93. ben

I love animals so very much and i really think that cloning them would really not be suitable for them and the original is awlays the best my grammy always says with her cookies.

January 30, 2009 at 5:12 pm |
  94. Jack

I really think cloning your pet is cool and at the same time not cool because it could go wrong during the process and there is no way in the world I would pay that much!!! oh yea were better off cloning Carl just for the laughs!

January 30, 2009 at 5:26 pm |
  95. Meg

Personally, I don't think cloning your pet is normal. I wouldn't want to clone my pet. But do clones die? Hmmm... What would happen to the clone when I die? What will happen to the clone when civilization dies? What about when the sun burns out? Yeah, I don't think cloning your pet is a good thing...

January 30, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  96. Ian

I don't think this is one of the greatest things to do. Sure you wouldn't lose your pet, but seriously, $150,000. So it's either your pet...or your house.

January 30, 2009 at 6:13 pm |
  97. Carlos

There is no way that I will clone My dogs because that will be weird.

January 30, 2009 at 6:26 pm |
  98. Katie

I wish i could clone my doggy Max, THE BEST DOG IN THE WORLD!!!! But it just wouldn't be the same and it sounds wrong to clone a dog. I will be better off adopted one from the pound, like my Doggy Oakley! 😀

January 30, 2009 at 6:39 pm |
  99. Haena

Of course you would want to clone your old pet! If you really love it then, it's worth it. Your dog is like your sister or brother.

January 30, 2009 at 7:03 pm |
  100. Harvey

well maybe but 150,000$ is not just pocket money

January 30, 2009 at 7:14 pm |
  101. Harvey

if i had the money it would be awesome to clone it everytime is dies i will clone it i will never get sad YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

January 30, 2009 at 7:17 pm |
  102. Hunter

I have two things to say.
    1. That's alot of CASH! ALOT!
    2. If you dog suffered back problems or something, why clone it and make it suffer again? It'll just bring back bad memories and pain!

January 30, 2009 at 7:30 pm |
  103. Michael

I don't think I would clone my pet. That's a little creepy. I mean, if a family member dies, you won't clone them. Just enjoy the time you have with your pet.

January 30, 2009 at 7:31 pm |
  104. Maddy

I don't think its right to clone a pet. The cloned pet won't have the same personality and loving character that the original one did.

January 30, 2009 at 7:45 pm |
  105. Mrs. Hong's class

We think cloning your pet is a magnificent idea but not for 200,000! If we had the money we would clone our teacher's dogs in a heartbeat!(As our your the best teacher present)

January 30, 2009 at 10:04 pm |
  106. Cassidy

i love my dog! I would definetly pay the money if i could! My dog,Clifford, is my best friend no doubt i would clone him althought it might be wierd because it would'nt really be him but I would.

January 30, 2009 at 10:07 pm |
  107. Haley

I beleive it was a good dog in all, but for 155,000 dollars... Are we living in a place with econimic problems, yes! Why spend so much money on something that will last another nine years anyways?

January 31, 2009 at 12:13 am |
  108. Sirena

well i think thats absolutely bad. i mean ive had tons of pets growing up. Like really nice ones, i even had to my puppy dog max to sleep. But, jeez, that doesn't mean i want to clone them. Honestly thats just sick on so many levels. what if something went genetically wrong. what would happen the. then theres the money . who has that much these days. especially with whats going on with the economy.some people these days...............

January 31, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  109. Yenisleidys

I belive that Barack Obama is going to be a great president and he is also going to make lots of changes to the U.S and im also glad that he is the first african american president in Wachinton D.C

January 31, 2009 at 3:21 pm |
  110. Jessica

Barack Obama is going to be the best president in the U.S and im really happy that they choose him as a president

January 31, 2009 at 3:47 pm |
  111. Juliette

I'm not so sure if I would want to clone my 3 year old Great Dane puppy or not.In some ways it would awsome! But that would also be anouther mouth to feed.But why would you use 150,000 dollars? You could buy other things thst you would really need.Like food and clothes, a house even! You shouldn't just waste your money on cloning something.The thing you cloned will die any way!!! So I personly would not waste MONEY on CLONING something that would DIE!!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 31, 2009 at 4:07 pm |
  112. Juliette

Oh, well the puppy was cute,but it being cloned..... it just wouldn't be the same.
    MRS.MWAGI'S CLASS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 31, 2009 at 4:10 pm |
  113. casey :)

It would be cool to clone my pet, but I would not do it Iike them all just the way they are.Plus, it would be wierd to see two of my donkey!

January 31, 2009 at 4:31 pm |
  114. Chelsee && Taylor

Well carl we think it is very nice that they missed their dog so much that they cloned it.

Taylor-i have a dog named JACK! he is my bestest buddy!
    && if he would ever die i would cry && definatly if i had the money clone him!

Chelsee- i had a dog && i had to leave it in ohio and i miss her && do have && dog die and clone it that just makes it all better
    BYEEEE

January 31, 2009 at 8:51 pm |
  115. Twila & Raya

We think that it is wrong. They should exept its death, as hard as it is.
    Because it's not fair to the pet, your just replacing a family member with something that doesn't even have its own identity.

January 31, 2009 at 9:24 pm |
  116. Johnathan

There is no way i would clone my pet because thats $150,000 !!!! with that much money my dad would by able to buy ANOTHER Mercedes benz . (asi f he didnt have enough)

February 1, 2009 at 12:01 am |
  117. BrItTaNy

I would clone my dog if he or she were loving and caring. (hoping for the same with the clone) plus i love dogs and would do anything for them to live longer.

February 1, 2009 at 1:49 am |
  118. ReNeE

Carl iwould clone dogs but it would be funer to clone you!

February 1, 2009 at 1:50 am |
  119. Stasia

Any pet worth cloning should be one of a kind. why would you do that to your pet?

February 1, 2009 at 10:59 am |
  120. AAron

I dont know about cloning your dog for that much money becuase weve only spent 150 on our dog

February 1, 2009 at 11:11 am |
  121. Mathew

you shoud clone the show but not the puns

February 1, 2009 at 11:41 am |
  122. Lauren

i think it nice to know that they care about the pet alot...but what state does it put the clone in? it could have a lot of defects that the owners arent used to. and its really not the same

February 1, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  123. Emalie

I think that its really great that you could clone your pet. but no one i know has an extra $150,000 laying around
    p.s
    Carl i love you!

February 1, 2009 at 4:13 pm |
  124. Meg

i had a dog . i loved her sooo much and she loved me. i had to give her away and i miss her soo much i would never do that even if she died who would spend that much moolah for a dog

February 1, 2009 at 6:48 pm |
  125. mrs.parrishs class

why would you clone a dog

February 1, 2009 at 6:53 pm |
  126. kayla

why not? its not like your hurting n-e-body right? if you luv your dog that much go for it dude!=)

February 1, 2009 at 8:07 pm |
  127. Jess

Cloning definattly is weird. But, if you truley loved you pet i can see why you would do it. One things for sure, I don't have that much money.
    Aww. the puppyy was so cute !

February 1, 2009 at 8:20 pm |
  128. Kolton

That is sooooo wrong. Nobody better touch my dog!

February 1, 2009 at 8:29 pm |
  129. Ruby

I would DEFINITELY! I had one of my dogs die, and she was sooo LOVABLE! I don't know how I lie with out her! She had the softest fur and the cutest eyes...
    CARL YOU ROCK MY SOCKS!!

February 1, 2009 at 11:24 pm |
  130. Gus

I wouldn't clone my pet. You would have an identical version of your pet, but its personality would be entirely different. I heard about this bull this that was cloned. It was a very friendly bull named "Chance", and when he died they had him cloned because they loved him so much. The newly cloned bull ("Second Chance") wound up goring his owner.

February 1, 2009 at 11:59 pm |
  131. sebi

I think it's a cool idea to clone somebody and for me it would be my old dog who when I came home always wagged his tail and licked my face.

February 2, 2009 at 5:02 am |
  132. JoJo

Cloning the dog?

February 2, 2009 at 5:08 am |
  133. Gwen

I have a Yorkie that I think i couldn't live without, but have a clone of her would just be FREAKY!

February 2, 2009 at 5:10 am |
  134. Ben

I think cloning pets wil ruin the world!! Enough machine is enough

February 2, 2009 at 5:13 am |
  135. susan

I think cloning a dog would be cool because you can have one and your friend can have the other.

February 2, 2009 at 5:14 am |
  136. Nia4

I think it would be dumest thing in the whole world because if you think of it, how would you feel and be if you were that pet? I think it is just strange and sad.

February 2, 2009 at 5:16 am |
  137. Azuzes

It sounds too good to be true. To clone a dog would be hard. I would only do that if the dog or other animal had the same BRAIN!!!!!

February 2, 2009 at 5:21 am |
  138. Harvey

I think cloning a dog is cool because you could have100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 dogs and play fetch with all of them.

February 2, 2009 at 5:22 am |
  139. Brandon

I dont think they should clone a pet because it could turn out crazy or something like that. Or it could die.

February 2, 2009 at 8:17 am |
  140. Abby and Maya!!!!!

We think it's up to the person. Personally, we think it would be really weird to have your dead pet alive again. But everyone can decide for themselves.

February 2, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  141. Haley

AAHHHHH!!!!!!!! thats weird!!!!!!!!! i would never EVER spend that much just to get my dog cloned!! that would be dumb!!! i would just get a new dog, i mean ya i would be sad if my dog died but seriously come on people!!!! thats a lot of money!!!

February 2, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  142. gwen!!! and haley!!!

i wouldn't spend $150,000 on the same dog! i would just get a new one for cheaper!!

February 2, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  143. Sean

I think cloning could be helpful for endangered species, so that the food chain wouldn't be messed up. Although, even though it would be sweet to have another dog like mine, it seems not human. It feels wrong. But, hey, if you want your dog cloned, I don't care. do what you want, I'm not you. Scientists should only do it if people want them too.

February 2, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  144. Deldar

I think once something has lived then died, then it Died you should leave it that way. Just because the scientists can clone something, I think, it doesn't mean they should no matter how cool it is.

February 2, 2009 at 9:28 am |
  145. merrill

If i had a clone pet it would be wile the real one was still alive. so they could have clone wars

February 2, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  146. Aidan and Tyler

It's wrong to kill defective clones. If theres a messed up one, they should make an island for them all to live on. I would live on the island with them, and be their king!!!

love,
    Tyler and Aidan we wouldn't clone you though Carl your jokes are to Korney

February 2, 2009 at 9:29 am |
  147. Grace

I don't think they should even though they can because there should only be an original. Plus spending all that money doesn't help the economy very much. Even if you loved the pet or animal you have to learn to build a bridge and get over it. And you can't be sure that the personality will be the same.

February 2, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  148. Matt

this sounds like an episode from star wars the clone wars.:)

February 2, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  149. izaak

It is not right to clone stuff because they put many samples of D.N.A. into many eggs and some turn out fine and some are horribly disformed so they just incinerate the deffected ones but they can't do that with humans cause that would be homicide. Plus what if two turn out fine? do they just put the other one in the kennel.

February 2, 2009 at 9:30 am |
  150. Devin

I wouldn't have it cloned because I could get another pet for less money. Also, it wouldn't be the same.

February 2, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  151. Apple

wouldnt the dog just die again? and then u would clone it again, and then it would die, and then you would clone it. and then u would be broke.

February 2, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  152. Emily

I would NEVER clone my dog! He is special! Why would someone want to have their dog for his or her whole life? You would forget which memories of the dog were from his first life or his second or third, etc. One of my great-aunts has had many dogs over her life and she's named them all Rags (my mother said the dogs look sort of like her, too). Imagine, four or five Rags! I met her current one...he's pretty cute. I don't think she's cloned him though. I'm not sure she has enough money to do it over and over again so many times.
    PS-What about when this couple's cloned dog dies? Will they clone him again? And again?!

February 2, 2009 at 9:31 am |
  153. ~Eliza & Allison :D

We think it's REALLY weird! Enjoy the time you have with the dog...... everyone dies sometime. Its not guarantied that it will be the same, so whats the point of spending all that money?

February 2, 2009 at 9:32 am |
  154. Jon

I think cloning is the right thing to do if you loved your pet, and didn`t want to get a new one. Although I probably wouldn`t pay 150,000 dollars for it. I would probably hope the animal had babies before it died so I would have a similar one.

February 2, 2009 at 9:45 am |
  155. Devin

I don't think that i would spend thta much money on a pet so it can die in like 5 more yeare.

February 2, 2009 at 10:01 am |
  156. Devin

It would the coolest thing ever to clone your pet that be alittle scary if u didn't tell ur friends u cloned the dog, they might think it a zombie or something like that

February 2, 2009 at 10:06 am |

that suck's no power for 1-10 day's i would die

February 2, 2009 at 10:08 am |
  158. Ryan

I think cloning a pet is bad. Very bad it should be illegal. I really don't think it is good.

February 2, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  159. Kailtyn

I'd clone my pet. But for that much money is just ridicules. Any way I'd clone my pet because he is also considered family to the family. If your pet is that important to you then I think that I'd clone your pet.

February 2, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  160. Alexander

Actually, I would. My Saint Bernard is almost the world to me. I would do anything to keep her with me.

February 2, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  161. Crystal

It cool ti cone your dog but first of all why would you pay that much money and second of all the animal might not even act the same as the other one.

February 2, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  162. Brittney

Cloning your pet are you crazy. I mean loving your dog it one thing but trying to make two of him is obsessive. Just go spend a hundred dollars and go get another dog to fall in love with. Even if you did clone your dog its not like its the SAME EXACT dog.

February 2, 2009 at 10:11 am |
  163. Brittany

If I had a pet that I couldn't live without I don't think I would clone it. Something are just meant to be jut remember, not there forever. I would definitely think about cloning my pets, if I had the money. I don't think I would though. It would be to weird.

February 2, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  164. Cheyanne

I think cloning a pet an having the money to do that you must really want another dog like the one you had because man that sure is a lot of money, yea sure if I had the money to get my dog cloned when he dies I sure would get him cloned even though it would not be the same. An I would want my Dog back though the one that got cloned to crimate him. Other than that I would clone my dog when he dies. Although I hope that will be a while!!!!

February 2, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  165. josh

It could be a good idea but they shouldn't charge so much they should do it because they like to see the happiness on peoples faces not for money of course they would get payed but most people are just trying to bring back the memories they had with their dog.

February 2, 2009 at 10:32 am |
  166. Heather

I would not want to clone my pet. I mean it would be nice to but who has that kind of money and plus you could just get another dog. And the dog could be better than the last one you had.

February 2, 2009 at 10:47 am |
  167. nicholas

I would clone my dog because she has protected my family and we wouldn't want to lose her forever.

February 2, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  168. Felicia

I wouldn't do cloning because I think every animal is special and different and I think every animal is different so it can fit each family. My cats are weird too! One eats banana and the other dips his paws in his water bowl to make sure it's clean.

February 2, 2009 at 10:55 am |
  169. Ms.Boose Occ Prep Class

I think it would be a good idea to clone pets. It would be awsome because if one if my pets dies my other one can look like the one that died. it would be nice to see my pet forever.

February 2, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  170. clark

I think that this is extremely wrong because you would be cloning a dog or cat just to make you a little happier, and if your dog had cancer or a heart problem, they might pass it on to their clone. To me that is just completely unethical and you might have a dog die just because you wanted to be a little happier.

February 2, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  171. Donino

This is so wrong because it is weird.

February 2, 2009 at 11:32 am |
  172. Caswell

I think if their dog was really speacial to them than i would defanatlialy clone my dog . if i have that kind of money.......

February 2, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  173. Kiera

That is just sick and wrong. That should not be available to anyone because it goes against everything that has ever happened on earth: LIFE! If someone dies, they die! If the info falls into the wrong hands, Imagine what will happen!!!!

February 2, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  174. cassandra

I would clone my dog but it is really wrong to clone a dog or cat just because there is something wrong with it or it died and if you did the clone wouldn't compare to the original.

February 2, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  175. Aaron

I would not clone my dog because he isn't the exact same dog. I have a yellow lab and he wouldn't be the same if he were cloned because there is not a dog like him...except for Marley. It is very unethical to clone dogs.

February 2, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  176. Katie

This is so WRONG . Just because people can make two or three of something doesn't mean that it is right at all . I think that this dog is going to die of cancer just like the first one that they shouldn't have done this to any way !

February 2, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  177. Sophie

my dog died and i loved him to death and i want him back!

February 2, 2009 at 11:35 am |
  178. Domingo

HECK NO! I wouldnt clone my dog. It's a stupid idea.

February 2, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  179. malthice

whaaaaaaat i love my dog but nooooooo i'd never have her cloned because that would make me a hypocrite to my belifes

February 2, 2009 at 12:30 pm |
  180. Logan

We shouldn't clone pets, we should clone Bret Farve

February 2, 2009 at 1:15 pm |
  181. Yosemite Valley School 6th and 7th Graders

This question was difficult we could not all agree. Three out five were sure they would want to clone their beloved pet. Other students thought it would depend how special that animal was.

February 2, 2009 at 1:16 pm |
  182. Bethanny

Just because a scientist can clone an animal or former pet doesn't mean that the animal is the same mentally. It's DNA will be the same, Sure, but that doesn't mean it will have the old pet's memories!
    I guess if you want to clone your pet, then go ahead. I just feel like it wouldn't be the same.

February 2, 2009 at 1:30 pm |
  183. matt

i would not spend that much on cloning anything.

February 2, 2009 at 1:38 pm |
  184. Hannah & Hannah

well i think its a good idea to clone if its for a good reason like cloning an instinct animal!!!!!!! 🙂

February 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  185. Ben

i wouldn't do that unless the animal really does mean something to you or if the animal is becoming extinct.

February 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  186. Nattlez

I think that it is a bad idea because it is just changing an animal, and it should be just like a person you should not have to change yourself, and you should be kept the way you are made. And so animals should stay the same way to.

February 2, 2009 at 1:40 pm |
  187. Espen

I think that they probably just got another dog and ripped them off for 150000 dollars. And if they did clone I think that is just wrong.

February 2, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  188. Paige

I think that cloning animals, is so weird. why did they have to clone there dog when you can just get another one just like it. Just think about it, having a cloned pet that died would be very scary, if it sleeps next to you it's like people watching you from the dead.

February 2, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  189. Jack

i think that its wrong
    but cool and since it worked do you think that
    they will try cloning humans

February 2, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  190. Tristan

That would be cool! But thats a lot of money. But if you have a really special pet thats passing away then that might be worth it.

February 2, 2009 at 1:43 pm |
  191. willy

i think that is cool but weird you can clone your pet but i would not pay $150,000 just for a dog

February 2, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  192. molly

I think that is a good idea but I wouldn't do that because it is a lot of money and it might be kinda like the other animal you had but it is not going to be exactly the same and you could just go and buy one like it that is so much cheaper. Also it would be good because if it was old or going to die you could do it so you had one like it and it would be younger, but if it was going to get sick it might do something to the DNA.

February 2, 2009 at 1:44 pm |
  193. Quinn

the cloning thing is awesome I would love to get a clone of my self so he could come to school for me but I would regret not watching CNN student news.

February 2, 2009 at 2:07 pm |
  194. Griffin

I would just get another dog of the same breed. There's no point in spending thousands and thousands of dollars to clone your old dog when you can just get another dog for a small fraction of the price. And you could probably find another dog that looks exactly like your old one anyways.

February 2, 2009 at 2:18 pm |

I think that cloning you pet is wrong, I think that cloning anything is wrong unless it could save a life. I believe that everyone is different and that you shouldn’t make a fake person or animal because we are all individuals including pets. It is cool that we know how to do it but we don’t need to abuse the technology.

February 2, 2009 at 2:19 pm |
  196. Ricky

I do not think you should clone pets. I love dogs and would give almost anything to have one but the parents wont allow it. There is also defects that come along with cloning and it tends to not live as long so you would cause an anim al to suffer sometimes unless they have the cloning technique down pat.

February 2, 2009 at 2:20 pm |
  197. Jacob

No. I don't really have a problem with cloning animals, but i do believe that if your cloning a pet because you've lost one in the past you shouldn't do it. No matter how many times you clone something you'll never be able to clone it's soul so that it's the same animal you used to love and cherish. You’ll only end up hurting yourself if that's what you’re looking for.

February 2, 2009 at 2:23 pm |
  198. Charlotte

I love my dog, Zoe, but I wouldn't like to have her cloned. She is special, but when she passes away, that would be very sad, but getting a new one would be very fun, so you can have different personalities, to see what that one is like.

February 2, 2009 at 3:09 pm |
  199. Logan

I think that cloning should be allowed because if you would want to have your pet as long as your alive and we could also clone Ben Roethlisberger GO STEELERS!

February 2, 2009 at 3:48 pm |
  200. Owen

Cloning would open new doors to other things and it would be cool. Also it would keep famous people alive. GO CARL AZUZ!

February 2, 2009 at 3:55 pm |
  201. $AARON$

I Think that cloning pets would good so if the first were to run away you can have it back and you are so corny Carl

February 2, 2009 at 4:03 pm |
  202. Elizabeth

Only if my dog was dying would I clone him because I would be afraid my dog would get hurt!

February 2, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  203. Michael

I would not clone my dog because thats $150,000 out the window and it could affect your future.

February 2, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  204. Jafet

Thats nice!!!!

February 2, 2009 at 5:18 pm |
  205. Michael

I would love to clone my pet but theres no way i could pay for it

February 2, 2009 at 5:30 pm |
  206. Bradley

I don't like the idea of cloning pets it just seems wrong I don't even know why they would want to any way

February 2, 2009 at 5:38 pm |
  207. Sarah

I would not clone my pets. Even though I love my pets, by simply giving your pets good care they can be the perfect one for you.

February 2, 2009 at 5:38 pm |
  208. hunter

I say yesssssssss animals great to the family you want them to live for ever.

February 2, 2009 at 5:41 pm |
  209. Louis

well....... I think that dog should be burried in the ground. She must get tired standing as a clone! haha

February 2, 2009 at 6:02 pm |
  210. Juanita

I don't think that you should spend $150,000 on cloning your pet. Thats a lot of money to spend, and you could be feeding the hungry for a long time with that kind of money.

February 2, 2009 at 6:47 pm |
  211. Campbell

Well i really love my cats and dog, so maybe if I had all that money I would try it! You never know!

February 2, 2009 at 6:48 pm |
  212. Raneem*

i think its really cool that they cloned their dog but not for 200,000. ????

thats silly =)

February 2, 2009 at 6:54 pm |
  213. Nick

I wouldnt have my dog cloned because there are already so many dogs out there that need homes, and if people kept cloningt hem, they would have to put a lot more dogs asleep because no one would buy them.

February 2, 2009 at 6:58 pm |
  214. Lauren

I love my dog too, but cloning it seems like a little much.

February 2, 2009 at 7:16 pm |
  215. Rachel

Clone? I'd rather be alone!

February 2, 2009 at 9:01 pm |
  216. James

I Would love to clone my Pet. Becuase i love my pets

February 3, 2009 at 8:18 am |
  217. Harrison

It depends on how much money you have. If you're Bill Gates, sure, go ahead & clone your dog,. But I don't think a hobo will just happen to come upon 150 grand out of the blue to use on his also homeless cat. If someone wants to clone their pet, let them do it, but it wont be a very popular choice until the price drops.

February 3, 2009 at 8:48 am |
  218. Michael

This is going a bit too far in my opinion. Cloning a dog for $150,000? I’d personally prefer to go down to an animal shelter and get one for about $100. Yeah these people donated to the Humane society but money isn’t the only thing that helps dogs. Homes and love are necessary too.

February 3, 2009 at 9:01 am |
  219. Laura

I think that clone is a good thing. I feel that cloning your pet is not a good thing. Think about it what if you had an 8 year dog that just died. How could you live with the clone? Yes it may look the same, act the same. But it got different DNA. Even if the DNA is for that very dog it. I don’t know if I would what to pay 150,000 dollars for a dog that acts the same or different for the original animal it just not right. Yes I would give all I had to have a clone of my dog Brandy. But I am not stupid it would hurt me more knowing that he was hit by a car and that I could have him clone and see him again. I think I will wait for the after live to see Brandy again. I don’t think I could see a clone of him it would hurt to much.

February 3, 2009 at 9:26 am |
  220. Samantha

I think that cloning your pet is weird because we shouldn't clone anything or anyone.

February 3, 2009 at 10:05 am |
  221. Drew

I wouldnt have my dog cloned because there are already so many dogs out there the need homes, and if people kept cloning them, they would have to a lot more dogs asleep because no on would buy them.

February 3, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  222. Brian

Dude... if you're going to clone your pet, clone a tiger, that'd be awesome!

February 3, 2009 at 10:32 am |
  223. Tyler

Though I think it's cool, I would never consider cloning a pet of mine. It's way too much money just to have it look the same. I highly doubt it clones the personality of the animal which is what people seem to be going for.

February 3, 2009 at 10:49 am |
  224. Victoria

I think it's kind of creepy to even think of cloning anything for that matter. And even if you wanted to, would you do it for $200K? I don't think so. Besides, my dogs are one of a kind and they can never be duplicated!!!!!!!

February 3, 2009 at 11:12 am |
  225. Rachel

Carl,
    CLONING??? what has this world come down to? that is totally against all of my beliefs. clones are NEVER the same as the original, so why make a clone? there are plenty of dogs who look exactly ;like that.....why? why? why?

February 3, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  226. Sean

I think there are better ways to spend $150K. My cat is too fat to be cloned.

February 3, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  227. Blair

I think it is completely wrong to clone your pet. It is very hard to go through a loss of a pet, but life should move on. I just don't get it. Nothing should last forever.

February 3, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  228. Hunter

I think cloning your pet is a great idea. It would stop all of that unessasary griving. Plus it would be a baby again.Carl for presedent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 3, 2009 at 11:26 am |
  229. Rebecca

First off why would there be $150,000 lying around....now that's just weird. Also I think its a an awful idea Carl. Now think of it your pet might be the sweetest pet but then your new clone might be a monster. You're also replacing your old pet if you get a clone. IT'S AWFUL!

February 3, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  230. Anthony

I think it is a it is a good idea.When pets die and the kids ask where their pets are they can get it cloned

February 3, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  231. Christina

I think it is wrong when there is thousands of homeless animals you could adopt. Instead of just making more to add to the bunch, adopt a homeless one. Please!?

February 3, 2009 at 11:36 am |
  232. Hunter

I think it is a good idea. If your dog dies and you want it back you press a button and its a puppy.Carl for presedent!!!!!!!!!!

February 3, 2009 at 11:38 am |
  233. Nicholas

Why would you clone your pet? It's just going to die in a couple of days just like all the other clones. And who would pay that much just to clone your pet. Just go out and buy a new one.

February 3, 2009 at 1:15 pm |
  234. Cailie

Ok cloning a pet is dumb, the animal dose not act the same and sometimes it even dies after a short time. With all the animals being put down, in shelters every day, why clone one?????????? Cailie:)

February 3, 2009 at 1:17 pm |
  235. Austin

I think it would be cool

February 3, 2009 at 1:19 pm |
  236. John

I think cloning is a great thing to do for America. If my dog dies I think I would want to clone it because a dog id like a part of the family to us. Cloning is the right thing to do!

February 3, 2009 at 1:21 pm |
  237. david

I think its a waste cause they already had nine dogs why buy another for 150,000 $I think that those people need to get their heads on strieght

February 3, 2009 at 1:22 pm |
  238. travis

I would not pay that much to clone a dog.

February 3, 2009 at 1:23 pm |
  239. Brittany

why would you whent to clone a dod there is planty of dog jist alike so stop wasting all that money....

February 3, 2009 at 1:25 pm |
  240. Aryanna

I don't think that people should clone anything cause first of all it's a waste of money for cloning something thats just going to die at the same age it died the first time it died & I think it's just plan out stupid in the first place. And I heard a long time ago a little boy about 4 years old was walking by a pool & he slipped & fell in the pool & he droned & the little boys parents decide to clone him so they did & they had him since he was 4 & when his 4th birthday came he just started choking out of know~where & he died right then & there & then his parents found out not to clone anything because it will die at the same age it died the first time.

February 3, 2009 at 1:28 pm |
  241. Symphony

Yeah i would clone my pet.Plus it would be cool if it was still a puppy.

February 3, 2009 at 1:58 pm |
  242. BACON

cloning animals is gross whoever thought of that one is gross and stupid! :0

February 3, 2009 at 3:07 pm |
  243. Andrew

You would think someone like him would have more sense then that

February 3, 2009 at 4:36 pm |
  244. dave

i think its not that bad cause weed isnt an inhansing drug

February 3, 2009 at 4:37 pm |
  245. nic

i think it is wrong:[ :[ :[

February 3, 2009 at 4:39 pm |
  246. sammy&&claire

we think that he is a human and people make mistakes. but he is one of the fastest swimmers to live and they sey if you smoke weed it slows you dawn. but it dosent apear to slow him dawn. we think it shouldent matter cuz if he likes it then let him be.

February 3, 2009 at 4:42 pm |
  247. Rachel

Carl. What have I got to say. Cloning your pet is wacky, but I guess the more the merrier with pets! Don't forget, you'll have to feed and pay for them both at the groomers.

February 3, 2009 at 4:59 pm |
  248. Woo

ok first i just want to say, those people are rich and yes i would like to clone myself that way i dont have to do all the chores at home.

February 3, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  249. Drake

I wouldn't, i would go buy a awesome beach house.

February 3, 2009 at 5:10 pm |
  250. Yami

iT SEEMS WEIRD TO CLONE YOUR PET, BUT I WOULD CLONE MY PET IF I HAD $150,000. ILL HAVE THEM WITH ME MY WHOLE LIFE TO KEEP ME COMPANY.

February 3, 2009 at 6:17 pm |
  251. Christy

I think Cloning your pet is good.
    It reminds you a pet you had. It's a good way to fall off your sadness of your pet.
    Also, I think it'll be cute.

February 3, 2009 at 6:24 pm |
  252. Marcel

Cloning pets? Thats awesome! If they did it in Star Wars they should do it in real life.

February 3, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  253. Laura

I personally think it is STUPID to clone your pet. You'll eventually get a new dog of the same breed.

February 3, 2009 at 9:01 pm |
  254. Claire

I wouldn't clone a pet because it would be dangerous and if the cloned pet got a disease or something, I'd rather have no pet than a miserable sick pet.

February 3, 2009 at 9:27 pm |
  255. Cierra

I believe cloning a pet is crossing a line. Although, when you lose your pet it is sad, but that pet was one of a kind and just because it looked like you old one doesn't mean it can replace your other pet. Also finacially that is a large amount of money to just hand over for a new version of your other pet. I think if you really want a new animal go to the pound and help save a life there.

February 3, 2009 at 11:44 pm |
  256. Leah

If I had the money to clone my pet, I definitly would becuase my dog is one of my best friends and I can't imagine life without her. I'd have to save up my allowance for a few years, but I'd definitly do it!!

February 4, 2009 at 9:06 am |
  257. Bri

I think that dressing up your pet is a little dramatic. Unless you wanna pull a Paris Hilton kind of thing, but I think that is it going to far when your putting a poor creature in some weird costume for YOUR benefit.

February 4, 2009 at 11:24 am |
  258. kara

I think that they are so crazy and that if you love your pet that much then why dont you just raise puppies.

February 4, 2009 at 12:48 pm |
  259. Clare

I would never clone my pet because he died because if the real dog died of disease or cancer and you gave the cloned dog the DNA, the cloned dog will probely die of the same thing. I would wather spend my money on something else. I would spend my money on like another dog or something that i could use.

February 4, 2009 at 12:49 pm |
  260. Elizabeth

I don't think that people should clone their pets. I think that once something dies, it shouldn't live again. I know how hard it is to lose a pet, but I wouldn't want it back. It's just going to dies all over again. What are you going to do then, clone it again?

February 4, 2009 at 1:21 pm |
  261. Jared

I think that if you want to clone your dog because you want to give your dog a new friend or something then by all means clone a dog but if you want to clone your dog to make a profit out of it then that's where I would draw the line, for the simple reason that then all pet stores would go out of business because your clowning your dog and selling it for a profit.

February 4, 2009 at 4:05 pm |
  262. Shelby

Carl I wouldn't want to clone my dogs they are perfect and spoiled so I don't want to many spoiled dogs.

February 4, 2009 at 4:48 pm |
  263. Kerri

I'm with you, Carl. One of a kind is one of a kind. It would just be realy weird to clone a pet.

February 4, 2009 at 5:08 pm |
  264. Katie

I think that is wrong. Yeah it is cool in all to have somewhat back the pet that you lost but it is just not the same. I feel that it is wrong to clone a shorter life than they would have had too.

February 4, 2009 at 6:35 pm |
  265. Nate

Well if I did have $150,000 just 'laying' around YAH! I would love to clone my pet. I have a dog called a pug named Daisy.

February 4, 2009 at 7:24 pm |
  266. Shay

I am with you Carl, I understand that the one pet you love comes only once in you're life time but think the world dose NOT need another Labrador.

February 4, 2009 at 9:41 pm |
  267. wyatt

Carl, I think cloning a pet is a really cool thing. The reason why is i've lost multiple pets in the past. I love to have my dog oscar back.

February 4, 2009 at 9:49 pm |
  268. Jadaka :]

I love my little puppy, if something ever happend to him OF COURSE I would have him cloned, I hope that anyone would pay any amount of money to have their "mans best friend" cloned, even in these hard conditions.

By the way, my dogs name is Buddy, and he's a beautiful Golden Retreiver.

I love you Azuz!!
    <33

February 5, 2009 at 9:27 am |
  269. Darcee=)

i think that is just sick and weird but kind of cool!i guess it would be nice if i died to be born again! it still weird

February 5, 2009 at 9:40 am |
  270. brady

I would not spend that much money to clone an animal. I would just have my pet have babies. Thats way to much to spend on a pet to me.

February 5, 2009 at 10:16 am |
  271. Catherine

I would clone my pet no matter what the cost because it would make me happy that I still have that pet.

February 5, 2009 at 12:15 pm |
  272. Kenny

Cloning a pet is rediculous. That is just like saying i will clone my born son because he is amazing. It Doesn't make sense.

February 5, 2009 at 12:55 pm |
  273. bucket

thats a bad idea because what if something goes wrong in the proses and you get a monster not a dog. thats why i think its a bad idea.

February 5, 2009 at 4:17 pm |
  274. Elizabeth

No, I wouldn't. There are better things to spend your money on than an animal, even if I loved them more than anything on this planet, I wouldn't.

February 5, 2009 at 5:09 pm |
  275. Harry

Cool!!!

February 5, 2009 at 6:42 pm |
  276. Stephanie

Cloning your pet seems like an amazing idea, doesn't it? You get to have the same pet for another.......oh say.........10-14 years. How do you if clone will have the same personality? And what about illnesses? Clones might have problems with their genes. Their DNA may become screwed up and cause them to have deformalities. Cloning is NOT the answers. If you really, truly love your pet........no, your best friend, you will keep him/her in your memories for an eternity.

February 5, 2009 at 7:59 pm |
  277. Amber

If such a thing exsisted, and I happented to have one, I would clone a unicorn 🙂 because I want one.

February 5, 2009 at 8:45 pm |
  278. Vera

Yes i would. Many people have grown quite fond of their pets; I am one of those people. But why limit cloning to animals, when we could all have our very own Carl Azuz?!

February 5, 2009 at 9:06 pm |
  279. Ruben

no i would not clone my pet because you olny want only one the that pet.

February 5, 2009 at 9:35 pm |
  280. serin

I wouldn't it , I don't understand. first, it's really cruelty and pitiful. If I cloning your pet, your pet wil be sick and agony. so to speak, I think cloning dog is bad, very bad idea.

February 6, 2009 at 9:55 am |
  281. Robert

Even if I had a pet that I could never replace, I wouldn’t want it cloned. Even if you get it cloned, it won’t have the same personality as it did before. If your pet doesn’t have the same personality, then the only thing that’s similar about your pet is it’s looks.

February 6, 2009 at 10:31 am |
  282. katie

I THINK IT WOULD BE KIND OF FUN AND WEIRD.)..(

February 6, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  283. Sabrina

Cloning your pet isn't a good idea to me. I think that it is inapropriate because a pet only lives once like a human does and I dont think that it is worth spending billions of dollars on to make another of the same thing. I think it is worth it to have a pet but you should always have a challange in life so I think that once that pet dies you should move on and have a new challange and get a new pet, all pets deserve a home so you should look at going to a humane society and give another pet a home. It is well worth it!!

February 6, 2009 at 1:01 pm |
  284. Maura

I can understand why they would want to clone their pet. I have a cat at home that I will miss alot when he dies. I think it would make alot of people feel better if they could have a pet that looks the pet that just passed away.

February 6, 2009 at 1:01 pm |
  285. Cheyanne

I think if your pet dies and it was like a family member than I think cloning it would be a great idea. If you want to have a dog that looks like it and somewhat, but not really acts like the pet you lost. I'm just saying that if I lost my pet I would probablly cosider the cloning prosese. Thanks for listening.

February 6, 2009 at 1:11 pm |
  286. Anna

I thinnk it woould be pretty cool to have a cloned pet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2009 at 1:15 pm |
  287. kelsey

it would be dumb to clone a pet cause u should not waist 150g's on a pet at these times of financal crises u ppl r dumb

February 6, 2009 at 1:57 pm |
  288. HOUND

wow that's Sad $150,000 get a life!! Come to Wisconsin by some hunting dogs and some guns. Go out hunting shoot some bear, deer, coon, fox, coyote, and buy a fishing boat and go fishing...! Wow get out of the citys and get a LIFE!! come on come to the good out doors where we dont cloen things we mount them!!! U TREE HUGERS

GIT-R-DUN

February 6, 2009 at 2:25 pm |
  289. Bailey

Even though I have no idea what it feels like to have 150,000 dollars in the bank, I can understand what it feels like to love a pet that much that you feel like you would do anything for them. Sometimes, I feel like my dog is the only thing in the world that really understands me, so don't criticize the love!!

February 6, 2009 at 2:28 pm |
  290. Terrell

Cloning your pet is weird why would you want clone a dog why not get a dog that doesn't cost $5,000 dollars.It's just a little puppy you can get one thats just $100.

February 6, 2009 at 2:33 pm |
  291. Rachael

If I would clone my pet I would be happy that I have my pet back but it wouldn't feel the same.

February 6, 2009 at 2:47 pm |
  292. Noa

I think that coloning your dog is the most sickest thing to do in the world. I know that person loves his dog and all but you cause harm to that dog. I hope person knows that little information.

February 6, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  293. Kaylee

ms. moores class says that"We could carl one million times and give every one to a school so he can dance for the class!"
    Otherwise no........cloning is gross....

February 6, 2009 at 4:08 pm |
  294. Daniel

I THINK CLONING YOUR PET IS AWESOME!!! BUT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE THE RISK OF LOSING THE PET YOU'RE CLONING.... BUT YES OF COURSE I WOULD CLONE MY PET.... IF IT DIDN'T COST SOOO MUCH!!!♥

February 6, 2009 at 4:29 pm |
  295. Sari

Every pet is unique. Cloning only ruins the fun of getting a new pet and making new memories. Getting the same dog twice is kind of mean to the second puppy because you are expecting it to be the same as the first one. You learn more by getting a new pet with a new personality and new looks.

February 6, 2009 at 5:31 pm |
  296. Shamalana

My personal opinion, is that if you want to clone an animal that it is a waste of time and money. The reason why is because our economy is in a drastic down fall. The 150 grand could be used for millions of other things, that would be much more beneficial than cloned animals. Instead of cloning, having something old , and the original one gone, then get a new animal, because it would be much better. With a new animal you could learn new things from the new animal that you couldn't learn from your old one. With a new animal it would benifit your health much more. Such as your menatal, emotional, and physical health. Learning new things, experiencing new things, and developing new things is always good for ones health.

February 6, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  297. Christie

I wouldn't want to clone my pet. Because what if it came out wrong, or something bad happened? And plus, it wouldn't be the original pet, it just wouldn't feel right, with a dog, thats not a REAL dog, being in your life.

February 6, 2009 at 5:59 pm |
  298. Anna

I believe that cloning is completely unnecessary. I've loved a lot of animals, but after their time comes, it's time to find a new dog. Regardless of how much you love an animal, maybe you can find another who you could learn to love just as much.
    P.S. Mr. Neils's S.S. class loves Carl!

February 6, 2009 at 7:41 pm |
  299. Kendyll

No way, I would never do that. Just because you find a way, that doesnt mean that you should use it.

February 6, 2009 at 9:09 pm |
  300. jong

no, I saw my friend who have dog, it's really hard to grow only one dog.

February 7, 2009 at 1:34 am |
  301. Hyo-jung

I wouldn't clon my pet because cloning is against to natural law. If I am lying $150,000, I'll buy new pet. It is not agianst to natural law. : )

February 7, 2009 at 3:34 am |
  302. Tiger

Nuts. Nuts.nuts. nuts. nuts . you would want to clone there pet?

February 7, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  303. susej

i think cloning pets is a wrong and bad idea because that can heart are animals and prite sun theirs going to be no more cats and dogs.

February 7, 2009 at 3:26 pm |
  304. jaehyun

Mabey cloning pets can save tou some money. But what can happen to their pets? we can't assure that they will look the same, and have same exact personality. Also now they can't clone them right because animals or trees or humans have much more complicated gene.

February 7, 2009 at 6:34 pm |
  305. Da hyun

I want to clone the animals, then we can increase the number of animals in the world. Also, we can less worried about the endangered animals.

February 7, 2009 at 11:12 pm |
  306. minjae

I wouldn't do that.....I think it's the most valuable to live with him and being with him when he di.....................cloned pet can't be same wit h my lovely pet!! IF he dies,,, I'll keep great memories with him....do not clone him before he dies....

February 8, 2009 at 6:38 am |
  307. Jade

No, i would not clone my pet because my pet will be die sometime

February 8, 2009 at 10:48 am |
  308. Ian

cloning is wrong every dog and person must die eventually

February 8, 2009 at 4:19 pm |
  309. Grace

No. I think it's awesome that scientists made the breakthrough to be able to clone animals. I think it says a lot. But it doesn't mean we should. I think by cloning animals, or any other form of life, puts a dent in how we view the value of life.

Plus, a pet is an animal you have fun with while you have it. Cloning it would certainly make it less special to me, because you'd always feel like the clone wasn't really 'the' pet you had before. Every time you saw it, I think you'd think of the pet you had before instead of the one you have now.

February 8, 2009 at 9:32 pm |
  310. SHG

Cloning a pet have to be banned, because it can infringe pet's life. Also, it is not appropriate to the ethical regulation

February 8, 2009 at 11:24 pm |
  311. brandon

I think that it would be cool if you could clone a pet, especially if it was a really cool one. I still don’t know if I would though…

February 9, 2009 at 12:55 am |
  312. Hayeon

I wouldn't clone my pet...because.... If the dog is cloned, it will be not affection as the dog of existing.

February 9, 2009 at 3:46 am |
  313. Ureshii

Clones tend to live shorter lives...and what's more...it's just inhumane.

February 9, 2009 at 10:42 am |
  314. Emmalou

would you clone grandma? how creepy.

February 9, 2009 at 12:50 pm |
  315. Drew

$150,000? Surely you could find something better to spend it on!

February 9, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  316. Allie

Well, i've had dogs for a long time, and some of them died...but why would I want the dog back when it isn't actually the same dog I had before? I think cloning should go right in there with slavery and murder and arson.How weird would it be if your aunt died and you accepted it and all, and then one day she was there again but she was a baby? It's hard for anyone to get used to seriously why whould u waste that much mney in a terrible econonmy? Just b/c the dog looks the same it does so not have the same tempermant. its weird and creepy. oh yeah carl work on your puns a bit. I mean, the beluga whales and the 'fluid' movement? I so hope that wasn't on purpose.

February 9, 2009 at 4:28 pm |
  317. Kayla

I wouldn't suggest cloning but some people could do it. Just after the clone dog dies you wanna clone it again and the cycle continues. Therefore it shall leave you and your family and the cloned dog out in the cold whhen all of the money is gone! GONE!

February 9, 2009 at 5:41 pm |
  318. Gizel

No, because it would do everything I would do and that would be annoying

February 9, 2009 at 8:30 pm |
  319. D.J.

Even though I think that people have a right to, if they choose, clone their pet, I would never clone mine. I have two rats and would never even think of cloning them. They are both oe of a kind animals, and I wouldn't want to change that. If you want to, I won't stop you, but I, personally, would never do it!

February 9, 2009 at 8:44 pm |
  320. Matt

Doing that is way to much money. Just think how bad the economy is right now. They probably can't get a lone and/or will have to work longer. They need money for retirement. Also, just get a dog from the pound because they will put them to sleep and they are cheaper. What does it matter if you don't get a dog that is exactly like the one you had before. You can't do that- oh wait, you can do it a stupid way, pay $150,000 and freeze the dog you had before and place it in another dog.

February 9, 2009 at 10:11 pm |
  321. jacob

i would clone my pet because i could have one for each day. also i would clone my pet because if my pet died i would have a back up. I don't know if it's worth 150 g because i could buy a new pet for about 35 bucks from petsmart. Also think how many pets you could buy with 150 g

February 9, 2009 at 11:06 pm |
  322. Danielle

Cloning your pet!!! Ha! I have two dog's and I already want to give them away!!! jk...:):):)

February 10, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  323. Kenadie

I think it would be really cool to clone your pet cause then if you loved your oet so much and something happened to it then you could clone ot and everything wouldn't be so bad after that. But then at the same time I wouldn't cause it would cost alot just to do that and not everyone is rich!!!

February 10, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  324. Tasha

i just think that cloning your pet is the wierdest think that i've ever heard of and i dont knnow why anyone would want to do it!and there's tons of other things that you could use that kind of money for like helping the homeless

February 10, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  325. Cheyenne

i dont think that cloning your pet is right. every thing is unique in its own way so i dont think you should take that fact away.

February 10, 2009 at 12:45 pm |
  326. Nick

Cloning your own dog is like getting something you don't even need. I don't see why people would spend all that money on a dumb reason!!

February 10, 2009 at 1:18 pm |
  327. Breanna(-;

i think that thats pretty kewl that you could clone your pet?! but there's no way i would ever pay that much money to do it! i mean...i love my doggy and i'm a TOTAL dog lover but i wouldn't want 2 of them! lol

February 10, 2009 at 2:05 pm |
  328. sarah

i think this is a waste of money and defys the animal nature

February 10, 2009 at 5:22 pm |
  329. Ms.Cleary 4th prd student

uh... even though it would be pretty awesome to have a clone of an animal, I dont think it would be a good idea because of the freaky wierd side effects besides originality is always better!!

February 11, 2009 at 7:31 am |

I think cloning your pet would be a waste of money. I've never lost a pet, but even if I did I wouldn't want to clone it. That's unnatural.

February 11, 2009 at 7:59 am |
  331. Stacey

Even though cloning your pet would be pretty cool i think it goes againt nature. I mean if God wanted that dog to live then he would have. I think it also might be kind of creepy to have a dog exactly the same as a dead one, it would be like a ghost walking around your house of something.

February 11, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  332. Madi

I think that poeple should not clone their pets! The pets have had a long happy life, i know the owners will be very sad but is it really worth cloning them???

February 11, 2009 at 12:42 pm |
  333. mickell

i think you should be able

February 11, 2009 at 5:02 pm |
  334. Rachel

I think it's a great idea! When people have a pet that they love they don't want to lose them. By cloning their pet, they can have that special friend with them longer than they usually would!

February 12, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  335. Rachel

Everyones life has a purpose, some need to live long and some need to live short. Wh shouldn't try to make them live as long as we want them to. Besides, there's some other animal that needs an owner and with every lost life, a new one can begin! DON'T CLONE!!!!

February 12, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  336. Amdrew

that's just plain wrong.It wouldn't even act like the same pet

February 12, 2009 at 11:44 am |
  337. tamara

i think that cloning your pet is crazy!!!! but then agin i would probally do that too.

February 12, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  338. Austin

I think i would clone my pet to get double the meow.

February 12, 2009 at 12:22 pm |
  339. Maggie

it is a waist of money, our economy is over here dangling from a cliff, and people are losing money fast, and what do they do? they take the money that could have been used to help starving people, and the get 1 lousy dog. it's crazy!

also, i think god should be the only one that can make life, cuz that dog has no soul, only god can put a soul in you, it is just a bunch of scientific blubber!

February 12, 2009 at 8:28 pm |
  340. Cheyanne

If you had a pet growing up and I think most did. If they aren't alive anymore you would give anything to see them again if you really and truly loved them. I would give anything to clone my dog because I miss her so much. But seeing as not everybody just has 150,000 dollars lying around I don't think that's going to happen. But I would like to see her again. That couple had enough money to do that and they had all ready considered it an option so they went along with it. Now they are so happy that they did because now they have a dog that not only looks like their old dog but a dog that has a great personality. I think it is a great idea and I would do it to.

February 13, 2009 at 1:17 pm |
  341. Ericka

I think cloning your pet is very wierd... First it cost 150,000 dollars,and you can buy a small house with that money.. It's wayyyy cheaper if you just take a picture and there, a picture of your dog... i know people just want the same dog but it cost $150 or more, just to buy a pure breed dog..ALL DOGS LOOK THE SAME!!!!!!! It's just very wierd...

February 13, 2009 at 3:35 pm |
  342. aj

what would happen if every one cloned them self it would be a disaster
    everything would be wrong but they could do your homework.But they are wrong when i lost my grandma i didnt go clone her i just kept the thing that reminded me of her.

February 13, 2009 at 3:37 pm |
  343. mina

It's dum . When it is a dogs time to go then let them go. Even if you clone the dog it will never act the same.

February 13, 2009 at 9:08 pm |
  344. lesly

i would say that it is worth it if u really liked how ur pet looks but if u liked it because of how he played or act like maybe not worth it...

February 13, 2009 at 11:26 pm |
  345. Michael

I think it is a good idea but it seems a little creepie to me when we start playing God

February 17, 2009 at 10:40 am |
  346. Jillian

I think that if you WANT to clone your pet you could, but seriously? Isn't one of that pet enough? You wouldnt want to look-alike's running around your house making a mess. Espessially if it makes messes.

February 17, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  347. jordan

🙂 i think cloning your pet is the most coolest

February 17, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  348. tyler

i wish i could clone my dogs that be sweet

February 17, 2009 at 11:57 am |
  349. Carley =]]

i would love to clon a pet just not like a dog or anything like that i would want to clon a pet that is almost exstinked like a polor bear lol

😛 🙂 😛 🙂 😛 🙂 😛 🙂 😛 🙂

February 17, 2009 at 12:51 pm |
  350. ♥MiZz MaRiE♥

what i think about cloneing ur pet is kind of kool. but then it can be kind of expensive to so thats what i think about cloning ur pet so pce out

February 17, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  351. MiZz MaRiE

hi its me again and i think it would be awsome if u already have the dog and then u want to have another one of the dog it would be the awsomeness thing eva but i am bout to go right now so pce out iight

p.s awsomeness

February 18, 2009 at 9:44 am |
  352. Euraaaa!

I think it would be freakin awesome to get a cloned pet or clone a pet!
    maybe even a human.
    i would clone so many things if i were able to!
    but in a way it kinda messed up because it not unique in its own way.
    but in another way its pretty rad:]

February 18, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  353. Annaaaa

i woulddd have a partttyyy with my clone dog (:

that would be greatttt!

February 18, 2009 at 1:41 pm |
  354. Shane

Id do it but Id be afraid to give my pets cancer or something.

February 18, 2009 at 7:36 pm |
  355. melisha

I want to clone my pet!!!! (but i don't have one)

February 18, 2009 at 7:50 pm |
  356. Andreas

This could go both ways, maybe in a way you wouldent want to disrespect it by cloning your pet. Maybe even if you are sad the original is better then any clone. Then again it would be nice to have an exact replica....

February 18, 2009 at 9:00 pm |
  357. Kayla

i probally woudnt i would save the money for the economic crisis. mostly because you could get another pet and it could be another one of a kind.and they are cheaper then a clone. And you still have memories... but you can clone those.

February 27, 2009 at 8:31 pm |
  358. courtney

I want to adopt a polordear becouse they are so cute

March 2, 2009 at 1:39 pm |
  359. Sophia

I think that if you have the money and you love your pet that much that it would be appropriate.

March 4, 2009 at 2:10 pm |