January 8th, 2009

Opinions on Terrorism

Of this week's three reports by CNN's Tony Harris, following his visits to an Atlanta-area high school, Friday's saw the most heated discussion.  From the 9/11 attacks to the war in Afghanistan to the mention of a new cold war, you can see why the students got riled up.

You high school seniors out there were around 10 or 11 years old when terrorists attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001.  What are your memories?  What are your thoughts about terrorism?  And regardless of your age, is terrorism something you're concerned about now?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Matthew

I think terrorism is a major problem and that is why we need all of the security measures that we have.

January 8, 2009 at 10:56 pm |
  2. Trisha

I was scared when I heard about the 9/11 attack. I have family and close family friends that live in New York, so to think that some of my family might die. Well that was a pretty scary thought. I remembered trying to call my aunt and my uncle and my mom was crying, because she couldn't contact her sister.
    Terrorism well, its really not necessary and I think that we as students should be aware that terrorism can happen any time, anywhere. Just because we live in a powerful country doesn't mean that we can't get attacked. I mean it happened.

January 8, 2009 at 11:04 pm |
  3. Corey

I feel that more people are bombing and attacking our country so why not make a couple small scalps!

January 9, 2009 at 12:12 am |
  4. simon

i remember the day it happened. we new somebody in the crash. as long as bin laden is out there terrorism will be a problem.

January 9, 2009 at 7:06 am |
  5. jay

Well personally im afraid of terrorism because i heard they flew over maine to get to NYC. Im afraid for my country and my state but more NYC because NYC, is a main target.

January 9, 2009 at 8:09 am |
  6. Ellie

I'm concerned because if more attacks like 9/11 come I don't know if America can handle it with such a bad economy.

January 9, 2009 at 8:10 am |
  7. Sarah

I think that Obama will do his very best. Are last president did not handle this very well. I also think that the high schoolers are saying thing but they really don't have an the best idea whats happening.

January 9, 2009 at 8:10 am |
  8. Addie & Mel

Terrorism is really scary to think bout, to think that at any time a terrorist could come bomb a building that you could be standing in at any time. Lets hope that terrorism will stop!

January 9, 2009 at 8:11 am |
  9. Melanie and addie

Theres this soccer field that I play on and it is right next to the airport where the terrorists flew out of Maine. Rather Frightening.

January 9, 2009 at 8:11 am |
  10. muffin

if we didn't fight back they would think that could just keep attacking and we wouldn't do any thing.

January 9, 2009 at 8:11 am |
  11. Melanie, Dakota

I think that Barack Obama will be able to handle it I guess. I think that we should've attacked them when they attacked us.

January 9, 2009 at 8:12 am |
  12. Courtney

I am definetly concerned about it. And it is not just because I'm worried about my own safety. The troops may think that they have the right kind of tools to defeat them and protect themselves, but do they even realize how many of their fellow soldiers past away each day? I think that we should take out the troops, which might ensure a bit more safety on the American citizens and soldiers.

January 9, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  13. Aimee & Rachel

I think that terrorism is not something we should be proud of. Bombing other countries will not help...It will only make things a lot worse. Yes, people do bomb the US too but that is not a very good reason to go to war. I don't see why we don't just go over there and talk like civilized people not go to war like vicious barbarians

January 9, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  14. Kole

i think that we could have thought of a better plan instead of retaliating immediately. I agree that we should of attacked but i think we needed a better solution before we did. It is understandable why we attacked Iraq but they ended up not having nuclear weapons.

January 9, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  15. Sayer

IF THEY BOMB US WE RETURN THE FAVOR

January 9, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  16. Alina

I was in 4th grade so I was 9. I was in music class when the principal came on and told the teachers not to turn their TVs on, so at that point I think most of knew there was something up, we were justing wondering what, and then we got home. A lot kids were picked up early. But I got home and we all ended up watching the news and footage of 9/11, I didn't really understan it, but it was bugging me to because my mom was suppose to leave the next day to go to LA for work, and that was postponed til October. Then November my family went on a bus trip to NYC and we ended up driving around Ground Zero, it was still smoking some, there was still a lot of rubble, and my mom says it still smelled. My friend and I got up and walked the aisle so we could keeping seeing it until we turned the corner. And everyone was very quiet when we passed it. And that was pretty much it.

January 9, 2009 at 8:15 am |
  17. Alina

I was really proud though of how everyone worked together that day, and of my dad because he helped build one of fire engines, Engine 1 I think that responded to the Twin Towers, but was destroyed when the towers fell. But I was glad he'd help make something that got the fire fighters there and got some people out.

January 9, 2009 at 8:19 am |
  18. Hannah

I think that we should make a bigger effort to stop terrorism becuase the US is in danger of being attacked by terrorists.

January 9, 2009 at 8:27 am |
  19. Danica

Well i I think that the a lot of people is dying out there so if we stop it all of the countrys will be safe!!!!!

January 9, 2009 at 8:28 am |
  20. Ryan

Back when the war started i thought we should just nuke them, but if we did that the would be too much radition poisoning. Also why don't we stop fighting.The economy's bad because it cost too much for tanks,missles, the ammo for our high tech weapons. The economy might be better if we didn't fight this much. The cost of a single missle for the javlin cost around $120 million. The tanks use too much oil because they are too heavy. My point is that if we kept the money and oil from this war the economy might recover.

January 9, 2009 at 9:03 am |
  21. Danica

Well there is a lot of people dying out there, so if they stop doing this maybe our countries will be a safer pleace to travel and live.

January 9, 2009 at 9:24 am |
  22. Shawn

i feel that terrorism is a bad thing to deal with but we can deal with alot better

January 9, 2009 at 10:06 am |
  23. Tyler

I think that we were totally in line with going to iraq, the government has a job and duty to protect his citezens, and while also protecting or pride.

January 9, 2009 at 10:07 am |
  24. LeAndra

I think terrorism is a major proublem because there are so many bombings and so much attacking going on in our country.

January 9, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  25. Samantha

I think that terrorism is a huge problem. I think it's a problem because almost everyone in the united states has violence in them. I think that everyone should be nice instead of being mean all the time.

January 9, 2009 at 10:09 am |
  26. christina

I think that rhe terrirost attcks could of been pervented, I think that our Government knew that something like that was going to happen,but our Gov. can`t act on theorie so after it actually happen they took action, but more lives could of been saved if they did act in the first sign of trouble.

January 9, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  27. Dylan

I think that we should go into places like Afghanistan and try to work things out verbally instead of us keep attacking each other because either of us will stop and we will keep killing each other until all of us are dead!!!

January 9, 2009 at 10:10 am |
  28. Krista

Well I remember everyone crying and screaming. The faces of people on TV devastated because of there loved ones where in there. Also remembering the people coming out of there they where burnt and bleeding there where even people jumping out of windows that is so sad to see I mean what if I was in there.

January 9, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  29. dan

I think terrorism is big thing because if we did not go over there people would of said did we not go.

January 9, 2009 at 10:12 am |
  30. Alexander

Yah I'm concerned about terrorism. THey killed millions of people on 9/11. I would hate to see that happen to me. Or my family members.

January 9, 2009 at 10:21 am |
  31. brittany

I think it is col that they named cheese after Barrack Obama.

January 9, 2009 at 10:22 am |
  32. Matt

I think people should just stop bombing things. I like milk.

January 9, 2009 at 10:33 am |
  33. Brittany

I think that we need to do more to protect the U.S. from terrorist. We need to make peace with all the countries. With us fighting in countries we are just making it get more and more close to having another 911 attack.

January 9, 2009 at 10:37 am |
  34. Jo

I was freaked out it was like America's Holocaust and my aunt escaped the destruction with many injuries. That attack was like a giant massacre.

January 9, 2009 at 10:41 am |
  35. Megan

I think war is unnecessary at times maybe, but over all I think there should be more peace than war.

Carl they should name a cheese after you!

Everybody buy AzuZ Cheese!!!!

January 9, 2009 at 11:10 am |
  36. Brandon

I think it's an issue, but they should have taken out Bush about one week after he took office.

January 9, 2009 at 11:11 am |
  37. Ann

I support the fact that they decided to fight back. If we don't do anthing about it, we are putting this country in more danger. Terrorist risk their lives to kill innoced citizens. I think we should act on this to save our country. Terrorist make the choice to loose everything.

January 9, 2009 at 11:13 am |
  38. Sarah

I have a very vivid memory of 9/11. I wasn't very old, but I remember walking into my living room after school and my mum's eyes were glued to the screen while tears ran down her face. I put down all of my stuff and walked in to see what was wrong and the image of a plane crashing into the tower was forever burned into my memory. Even at such a young age, I cannot express the feeling of sorrow at the thought of all of those people dying because of something that none of us can get over. Terrorism is something that I am very concerned about mainly because, even though there are people who will disagree with me, if we take out our troops, then where will they come? To America! It isn't that hard to get here, and they are smart, anyway! Why should my generation have to pay and make great sacrifices just because people think that if we leave, they won't follow. We've rattled the beast's cage, and once the door is open, it will attack.

January 9, 2009 at 11:14 am |
  39. Allison

Terrorism has no purpose. I feel strongly about going against terrorism. All it does is disturb the peace in nations across the world and causes a worldly crisis. What does terrorism so for countries anyway besides murder and upset the countries inhabitants to the point of starting a war. Even though I am only thirteen, terrorism is a major concern for me and every time I hear something about Afghanistan or Iraq, I think of terrorism and I start thinking about whether it will happen to a city near me, and it really does concern me. All terrorism is murders and causes problems. We are all human, why can't we just get along?

January 9, 2009 at 11:15 am |
  40. Alayna

I was in !st grade when The terrorism attacks happend and I remember that it was a huge deal and that on all the tv channels that they were showing all then names of the dead people and the missing people. I didn't really get why it was such a big deal but now I do. I don't think that we should attack the countries back becasue that is what just starts wars.

January 9, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  41. Marissa

yes i am concerned of terrorist attacks because we don't know when they are going to occur. There could be another one anywhere and for any reason. We have to be careful but these days there's a lot of security. Nobody knows whats going to happen on the future.

January 9, 2009 at 11:16 am |
  42. Merideth

From 9/11, I remember being in kindergarted and my teacher freaking out. It's a blur. I knew something was wrong but automatically I ignored it.

January 9, 2009 at 11:18 am |
  43. Katie

I think terrorism is wrong. It's just killing people and nothings happening. I don't think anyone really has the right to kill someone like that.

January 9, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  44. Isiah

I think that war is unnecessary and that we should take a diplomatic approach instead of blowing them to smitherines!!!!

January 9, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  45. Susan

I remember the day that the attack happened. Then, to me, it meant nothing.
    But now, its like the main reason that we have troops in Iraq. I am very concerned about being attacked. The more we are over there, the higher the risk of them plotting an attack on us. Its a very scary thing to think about.

January 9, 2009 at 11:19 am |
  46. Annie

I believe that terrorists are a HUGE threat to our economy and our world.

January 9, 2009 at 11:20 am |
  47. Kevin

The terrorists are getting what they deserve. If we don't do anything, then they will just keep doing it.

January 9, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  48. Jacob

It's not like we wanted to go to war with them. We had no choice.

January 9, 2009 at 11:21 am |
  49. Alexa

Even though terrorism doesn't really bother me, I still think it can be and is really scary and is bad and is a very critical thing that the government should care about. I don't think that violence is the way to deal with the whole situation. I think that they can figure out the conflict some other way than us keep fighting or worrying about terror attacks.

January 9, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  50. Martha

I remember sitting in the classroom as our teachers were turning the news on their laptops, and computers. I remember that as they told us the news, I was just trying to comprehend what had really happened. Since I was really young. (about fist grade) And of coarse I'm concerned about terrorism. I mean who isn't? It's not like we can just build a dome around us. Anyone has the power to attack.

January 9, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  51. John

I think that they have killed many people and they deserve what's coming to them!

January 9, 2009 at 11:31 am |
  52. Matt

I do not agree with invading Afghanistan. We do not have complete proof that the Taliban is behind all of these attacks and if Russia could not take out the Taliban than I am completely sure the USA can.

January 9, 2009 at 11:33 am |
  53. chandler

I think that maybe some of the economy problems start with war. We have so many troops over seas, that we don't have as many working men over in the states. Also, the funding to provide food, shelter, and all the necessary needs weighs in on the economy somewhere.

January 9, 2009 at 11:34 am |
  54. Brandon

When they bombed us in 9/11 i was still young and i didnt fully understand what was going on. I know beleive that terroism should be stopped at all costs.

January 9, 2009 at 11:49 am |
  55. Tonio

One interesting phenomena is that everyone seems to remember what he/she did at that day.

I was waiting in front of the swimming baths because some friends and I wanted to go swimming. One of the guys finally arrived and told me that two planes just crashed into the WTC. I thought he wanted to play games with me or things like that, because I'm terribly interested in all plane-stuff. When we went in, he asked the cashier if there was something new about the planes in Manhattan. She negated, but there I know, my friend told the truth and was not kidding at all.

What those terrorists did was unbelievable and I feel for any relatives who lost a family member on that day.

January 9, 2009 at 12:06 pm |
  56. jalen

Well i believe that we do need to be concerned bout tourism but not if your a strong force that would destroy people apart then the terrorist would not attack you.

January 9, 2009 at 12:07 pm |
  57. Joel

My Dad works at General Dynamics( where they make submarines) and I think that we should maintain our protection as is and if needed we should raise them higher. Terrorism is not just something we should just put in the back of our heads, it is something that we should try to prevent. I just hope that terrorists never try to invade our country.

January 9, 2009 at 12:13 pm |
  58. Jalen

I think that with all of the security measures in place that we can afford to backout just a little bit from the wars'.

January 9, 2009 at 12:14 pm |
  59. parker

I think that it's right that we invade Afghanistan. They get what they deserve for the 911 attacks.

January 9, 2009 at 1:14 pm |
  60. yani

I think he's awesome but it doesn't really matter i guess what he looks like he has still came a long way great for him! :)

January 9, 2009 at 1:33 pm |
  61. Anthony

I was confused at 9/11. We had to leave the school and stand outside I was only 5.The only thing i would have thought is the schools being burnt down or knockedc down by a twister. I was in PA so it was more extreme. But people can't suck it up. They gotta be bad.

January 9, 2009 at 1:37 pm |
  62. Chris

I think we should see why there's terrorism, then try to stop it with consensus on both sides.

January 9, 2009 at 2:00 pm |
  63. Jasmine

Why is there war in the first place. I know we fight for what we believe but we all have different belifes, so why fight over our different beliffs.

January 9, 2009 at 2:24 pm |
  64. joseph

the war we are dealing with right now is not good because when there is lives in danger that is not ok i think that when thhey attacked us they were mad because we have more stuff then afghastan.

January 9, 2009 at 2:37 pm |
  65. Pauline

I think we should be cocerned about terrorist some people might not want to remember nine eleven but i could happen and could happen worse

January 9, 2009 at 2:39 pm |
  66. Abby

Terrorism is not nessary. We have to fight back , like on 9/11. If we don't the terrorist will keep coming back and , will throw us into chaos.

January 9, 2009 at 2:41 pm |
  67. Terrell

I think Terrorism is a major problem because Gaza is attacking Israel and their next target could be us.

January 9, 2009 at 2:42 pm |
  68. Briana

It is human nature to develop and stand by strong opinions, so I think it is great to see other high schoolers talking eloquently, and passionately about important topics. We, as a generation, will be inheriting this country and its problems, so the more we understand these issues, starting at a young age, the better.

January 9, 2009 at 2:56 pm |
  69. Makenzie

when i heard about 9/11 i didnt know i was about 4 5 or 6 but when i got older i udnerstood what it was and it worries me becasue you never know and now it dose worry me but i know the u.s is doing everything they can to keep our country safe. p.s carl your puns are not very funny

January 9, 2009 at 5:42 pm |
  70. Makenzie

when that happend i was only 4 so i didnt really care but today i worry sometiems p.s carl get some new puns and yes you are cheesey

January 9, 2009 at 5:44 pm |
  71. Luke

As long as we our soldiers stay where they are i think we shall be safe

January 9, 2009 at 5:49 pm |
  72. Emily

I wasn't even 10 or 11. But i remember it well...My mom had picked me up from school and she had the radio on. I kept on asking her what was happening she kept on shushing me...later that day i saw the news, the planes and all those people....I think I started crying after that. I remember feeling absolutly bad for all those people who lost a loved one.

To me terroisom is a way of saying "I hate you, even though we might have some political relationships." Its a way of saying that they don't care who dies, who lives, just if they get their point.I think peace is the key to getting people's points across, just as long as we treat everyone justly.

January 9, 2009 at 5:50 pm |
  73. Erin

I belive that we should act upon things, but not viontley. why should we do that? if we bomb because thay bomb, they will attack us again.

January 9, 2009 at 5:57 pm |
  74. gaby:)

I think that one of the economy problems start with the war because they are using too much mony in killing people and that affected are ecaonomy. If when barak obama enter to be are precident i thing that he is goin to stop the war.

January 9, 2009 at 7:14 pm |
  75. zebulon

I think it's important to protect your nations from threats. My thought is on classification, propaganda, and discrimination. What ever happened to self-defence. We should have not let that happen? I think i recall U.S having terrorism attacks in the past. As the most powerfull nation in the world we should have had better defence, Guess what we did do, we saw our president in a classroom when it happened but don't blame him. He was doing his job, listening to 'Green Eggs & Ham'.That's not my point. My point is, how did you know it was Afgahnistan but later turned out to be Iraq. I thought the plan was Afghnastan, but it turned out to be another plan. A plan to rebuild another country that we have no jurisdiction of. I think that's why we are hated in the middle east, we entered with permission

January 9, 2009 at 7:39 pm |
  76. Libby

I remember that I was in kindergarten when 9-11 happened, and my teacher turned on the television and made us all watch it, even though we didn't have the slightest clue what was going on (the fact we were only like 6). . . then a few years later we talked about it more so we knew better what was going on.

January 9, 2009 at 8:15 pm |
  77. Kevin

I'm absolutely concerned about terrorism because there only out to kill people and they don't care about being killed. They don't like USA and they aren't in one specific country, so it is harder to win the War on terrorism.

January 10, 2009 at 12:48 am |
  78. Brent

Well,I think its a cowardly tactic,let alone futile. It'll just annoy someone and make them want to drop a bolder on their heads,I doubt any country in history has given into terrorists. Terrorism is more of a war started if anything and they know that i bet.

January 10, 2009 at 10:38 am |
  79. Ali

I remember all of the teachers trying not to tell us anything and all of the televisions being turned off.
    To me, terrorism is something we should protect ourselves against, but not obsess over. If the people really want to hurt us, they will find a way and I don't think there is a way we can stop that.

January 11, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  80. j

Terrorism is bad but if someone is attacking and killing people shouldn't we do something about it? Think about if you were getting hurt for no good reason. Wouldn't you want people to help? Well that's what were doing in Iraq. If we didn't go over there then millions of people would have been killed. And the people that are in the military have VOLUNTEERED to be in the military. They want to fight for our country. So I think we need to help stop it at all costs.

January 11, 2009 at 6:46 pm |
  81. Hannah & Hannah

I think its very bad!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 at 8:07 am |
  82. Matt

I think if people are bombing all kinds of other countries its eventually going to leak into the usa. AHHHHHH!

January 12, 2009 at 8:08 am |
  83. Ben

I think it still is a problem but not as bad as before because now we are ready if something happens like that again.

January 12, 2009 at 8:08 am |
  84. Switzer

If they feel okay with killing innocent people and crashing our planes, I think it's justified for us to go over there. And if we didn't do anything, how many more people would have died.

January 12, 2009 at 8:08 am |
  85. joeshmo

yes because they could do what we did to Germany when we bombed their houses and then every thing could be lost 0-l :-(

January 12, 2009 at 8:09 am |
  86. Moira

I think it's great that you have the opinions from the youth, and not just adults. I think that war is wrong because nothing is so bad that you have to kill another human being. But I guess since people don't find other ways to solve these problems we will have to stick with killing until someone with enough power to do something about it takes a stand.

January 12, 2009 at 8:10 am |
  87. Alex

I think terrorists are evil devil people and we need hunt them down and hold them prisoners.

January 12, 2009 at 8:10 am |
  88. Natalie

I think that just killing people is kinda of a stupid idea because if everyone just stops then no one will die but if people keep doing it then more and more people will die! and it is bad when people die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 12, 2009 at 8:13 am |
  89. Espen

I think that if people attack us that we should attack them harder until they never want to attack us again.

January 12, 2009 at 10:15 am |
  90. gwen!!!

I THINK THAT OBAMA WILL SAVE US!! YAAA OBAMA!!!!

January 12, 2009 at 11:25 am |
  91. Haley

I think terrorism is bad!! killing inecent people, and kids!! it just horrible! cant we all just get along and for there to be peace on Earth? COME ON PEOPLE!!!

this all started cause of Bush!! but obama will make this better!!

January 12, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  92. izaak

I agree with Sayer and Espen, it's like a school bully, if you let it keep antaganizing you then you'll just keep bottling up your anger, so you have to fight to end all fights.

January 12, 2009 at 11:27 am |
  93. LizzyAnn

Terrisom is crazy and I can't believe that people do that kind of thing just to get paid. It is really stupid.

January 12, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  94. Eliza

I think it was the right decission to invade Afghanistan. They attacked our country, and that wasn't right. We should treat them they same as they treated us. :O

January 12, 2009 at 11:28 am |
  95. MATT

I think that if they did want us to come in and start to tear down there stuff that is important to them, then they should never have come and tried to kill us. I think that the terrorists are not the smartest people for thinking that they could get away with it and not have us fight back.

January 12, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  96. Brooks

I like Michael the most because he has most of the same opinions as me and he kuuuelll

January 12, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  97. ~Maya & Allison :D

The idea of terrorists are really scary because they kill a lot of people and all that, which is really bad. We would be concerned if there are terrorists coming to get us, but we don't know if they are. :)

January 12, 2009 at 11:29 am |
  98. Abby

I don't agree with the United State's decision to invade Afghanistan. I agree with the high school student who said we could have just tried to talk and work out our problems with the Taliban. I understand that they believe in violence, and if they refused to talk and attack us again, that would be the right time to invade Afghanistan. We might have lost lives in the process, but it was the ethical thing to do. Next time we have a misunderstanding with another country, that's what we should do.

January 12, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  99. Devin

Why are at war with Afghanistan? It doesn't make much sense to me because September 11, 2001 was years ago. I doubt if we stopped this war it would ever happen again, but then again, you never know. It seems like our country always has beef with another country. To me it seems like there's more to this war than whats the eyes and ears.

January 12, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  100. Emily

I agree with-Caroline, wasn't it?-that if Afghanistan is killing our citizens, it doesn't mean we have the right to kill theirs, too. I don't think it's right to just go and kill innocent people like that; I mean, if it was right we wouldn't really need to go punish them for it would we?

January 12, 2009 at 11:30 am |
  101. Deldar

I think one student had a point , killing people doesn't solve anything. Only the leaders of that country should be taking action not the soldiers because most of Iraq and Afghanistan aren't terrorist's so they shouldn't be killed.

January 12, 2009 at 11:37 am |
  102. Denise

I think this story about the high school band is so inspiring and amazing

January 12, 2009 at 12:38 pm |
  103. Anthony

My Teacher almost bit my head off and told us to get out! I was confused and thought that the teacher was having a spazz attack a later found out it was 9-11.I was 6 c'mon!

January 12, 2009 at 1:26 pm |
  104. David

Hi i am from pennsylvania my opinion is i hope we catch Osama benladin.

January 12, 2009 at 1:29 pm |
  105. austin

As a student in 8th grade. I think that terrorism is the wrong thing to do. As god sayed we should not like each other but we but we should honor each other.

January 12, 2009 at 1:36 pm |
  106. josh

I think if they are going to attack us and kill our loved ones take away our dignity and leave us without a chance to fight back thats just wrong

January 12, 2009 at 1:48 pm |
  107. Caswell

peace everybody! i totally agree with these kids! they are comlpetly! we need to act fast we cant just sit here and do nothing. We need to act!
    Wheres the Love??

January 12, 2009 at 1:48 pm |
  108. Lea

I think terrorism is horrible and that it should be stopped. No one deserves it and no one deserves to do it.

January 12, 2009 at 1:49 pm |
  109. Kiera

I don't like terrorist attacks but I don't see how we can avoid it when our country is going into other countries and totally ruining there government and making people angry at the USA.

January 12, 2009 at 1:50 pm |
  110. clark

I think that if we do not respond when people bomb some of our major symbolic buildings then that is basically saying to other countries that don't like us "Hey, why don't you come bomb us, because we won't do anything about it" and If we don't do anything about it they will just try to bomb us more.

January 12, 2009 at 1:50 pm |
  111. Connor

Why does bin laden think he can take over the U.S like he did with the soviet union. He must have something wrong with himself because we are stronger and have more troops than the Soviet Union. He just needs show himself and face his punishment so this war can be over.

January 12, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  112. Aaron

I think that the United States should keep looking for Osama Ben Laden until they find out where he is and if he is dead. I think that the USA should attack a symbolic building in Afghanistan because the terrorists attacked us.

January 12, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  113. Katie

I think that what is going on in the war is very scary , but i also think that if we hadn't got in to to what we are doing that they might have come to the U.S and make a war here and that would be really bad . I think that the choice to go to war was good and bad .Good because we are trying to help them get " on there feet" and i think that it's bad because its a war and there is nothing about a war .

January 12, 2009 at 1:51 pm |
  114. fiona

I think that killing people is always going to be wrong. No matter who it is. We can't just sit back and say " Why would we sit down with people who don't like us very much" I wonder why they don't like us??? We need to go over to Afghanistan and sit down with the government there. I think that Obama will take a stand and change this world!!

January 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  115. Connor

Why does bin laden think he can blow the U.S like he did with the soviet union. He must have something wrong with himself because we are stronger and have more troops than the Soviet Union. He just needs show himself and face his punishment so this war can be over.

January 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  116. Jo

Terrorism is a stupid choice of dumb people out there who like to kill people and destroy property with no logical reasons at all. There's no point why would you spend your life bombing innocent countries just because they exist? It is a total waste of valuable money which is used to save people's lives when instead it is being used to take people's lives. Terrorism is just wrong and I'm glad America acted to the 9/11 attack.

January 12, 2009 at 1:52 pm |
  117. Gimme

I agree with Sayer if anyone who has the bravery, and the wit to bomb us we shouldn't just go on with our misrible lives. We should totally fight back man and not just say "Hay I don't like it when you be a bully to us" we should destroy them for being a bully to there superiors...... man! ;(

January 12, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  118. Teddy

I think that it is stupid if we do not appoint our country as once again as the most dominate country. if we just never fought we would be saying "hay every body we don't care come attack us.

January 12, 2009 at 1:53 pm |
  119. samuel

I think that Afghanistan made the wrong move to attack the united states we will not sit there and say oh wow we got blown up who cares. No we will not do that we did not start this war they did and they made the wrong choice to attack us we did nothing to the i support the dission attack afghanstan

January 12, 2009 at 1:54 pm |
  120. Aidan

Terrorists are simply out to get us. I'm worried about them because they don't care about the children. Theres no love.

January 12, 2009 at 1:56 pm |
  121. Sarah and Madison

I think it would be a great trip for them ! They would so much!!!!

January 12, 2009 at 2:56 pm |
  122. ginger

I think that it was a good idea to invade afganastan but one of the kids made a point that what can we do with basicaly 60,000 troops that rusha cuoldent do with 115,000 troops. and rusha douse not have the rules we do, they use any method they fell is necicaty wich is sometimes the most brutal way.

January 12, 2009 at 7:38 pm |
  123. elisa

I didn't hear about the attacks on 9/11 later on that night. I probably wasn't as scared as most people were because I didn't think that we would get hurt since we didn't live anywhere close to New York. Now I know that even though we don't live near it, we can still be attacked.
    I am a bit more afraid than I used to be, but it's not something I worry about constantly.
    I do not think that bombing other countries will stop terrorism. It will probably cause more terrorist attacks. I think we should try a more verbal strategy than attacking them back. That won't help for the safetey of civilians and soldiers.

January 13, 2009 at 9:09 am |
  124. Joshua

I was in 5 th grade when it happen. I remember all the tearcher were carying and since we were so young they would not tell us what was going on. I remember getting out of school early that day and when i got all my family was there watching the news and then the second plane hit and then the tower fell. Am glad that we went to Iraq and afganastan. We need to show Terroris that we would stayed for this and we need to show the rest of the world not to stand for this act.

January 13, 2009 at 9:10 am |
  125. Mallory

When terrorists attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001 I was in the 4th grade. All I remember from that day was the teachers and administration at my school acting very strange. They chose not to tell the students what was going on but we all knew something had happened. There were many students being checked out of school and I was one of them.
    I know many countries have a problem with the U.S. but I don’t think attacking and killing innocent people is the answer to their problems. To me terrorism is an issue and it is something that I hope we can resolve in the near future.

January 13, 2009 at 9:43 am |
  126. Jessica

I remember the day it happened. I was in my social studies class in 5th grade, and our teacher left the room and was talking with the other teachers for a few minutes. She then told us that something awful had happened and our hw was to find out what happened. When i got home that day, my mom was sitting in front of the tv watching the news, crying. I think we were right to respond the way we did. If we let people get away with killing our citezens and terrorizing us, then they will keep doing it. Do you really think they would have stopped with 911 if we hadnt reacted that way? I dont. I believe many more would be dead if we hadnt done what we did after 911

January 13, 2009 at 10:45 am |
  127. Mr. Study's Class K

9-11 was horrible, and no one wants anything like that to ever happen again. Terrism is not needed, and definantly should not be tolerated!

January 13, 2009 at 10:26 pm |
  128. Wendy

It is bad.

January 14, 2009 at 8:45 am |
  129. Kaitlyn :D

It kinda makes since that if another country does something bad, or multiple things, to another country that they should do something about it, and not just stand by and do nothing. If they do that than other countries are going to measure your response.

January 14, 2009 at 9:06 am |
  130. Elena

I know that these kids have a strong opinion about these topics, but I am not really sure. I think it is crazy to go invade their towns to destroy everything, and kill children, and people there, they weren't the one's that crashed into us, they didn't make

January 14, 2009 at 1:42 pm |
  131. Alex

I remember I was at one of my dad's friends house. She got a call saying turn on your T.V.. We did and on just about all stations there was something about terrorism on every station. That attack killed thousands of people. Terrorism was the cause, and I don't think the nation can handle it again.

January 14, 2009 at 3:26 pm |
  132. Evan

I believe that terroism is a very important issue in America right now. I also believe that we should stand strong in our fight to free innocent people from the terroists who run their country and restore a safer form of government. This in my opinion and really in fact is what we are doing in Iraq. I do believe that our biggest concern right now is in catching all remianing terroist leaders and I am for sure that is what the war in Iraq is working on. If you think it is taking a long time I would like to see you find a terroist who is hiding in a cave our secret place which could be in the middle of the desert. I know I wouldn't. So instead of blaming our government for everything less move to a new approach and actually support and encourage our troops to catch these terroist who will attack the U.S again if they are not stopped. In addition I think that the war in Afganistan should be put off untill all issues in Iraq are resolved. Plus I don't believe in Obama's plan of setting a timeling in Iraq. This is like asking Iraqi terroist to fight us for just a few more months and then we will pull out, leaving them to regain control again with no one to stop them.

January 14, 2009 at 10:15 pm |
  133. magali

i dont think that terrorism is a big deal now this days!!

January 15, 2009 at 12:23 pm |
  134. Nisla

I was in elementry but i still think that was very harsh.

January 15, 2009 at 12:25 pm |
  135. Rodrigo

i think terrorism is a verey big issue in our country i mean look at 911
    that was really bad and dont forget the pentagon oh man but when ever i think about them I think about the future what if it was a entire city.??? (im getting goose bumps

January 15, 2009 at 12:27 pm |
  136. Jenna

If you think about it war is a game nobody wonts to play and nobody wins. give it up!

January 16, 2009 at 11:56 am |
  137. Denisa

I think that this is a problem ,but it's not the worst.

January 25, 2009 at 5:24 pm |
  138. Denisa

it will go by.:(

January 25, 2009 at 5:27 pm |
  139. Shannon

There are different forms of terrorism. We think that only wars and extremests create terrorism but there is another form sweeping accross the US. people are falsely accuseing other people of rape and molestation just for revenge. When a man in Texas was accused of raping his 4 yr old daughter after 2 years of not seeing her, he was shocked. When the judge refused and investigation he was angry but he knew the doctors report would show the child had never been abused, and it did. But when the judge and the prosecutor went to lunch he was appalled. Jurrors returned late from a 4 day repreive due to an inpending storm but the motion for mistrial was denied. Needless to say the man is now in prison for 110 years for a crime he did not commit. An appeal is in the process but its been 4 months so far and no word on even if it will be approved. So my definition of terrorism is the United States Judicial system and judges with a god complex.

January 31, 2009 at 10:12 pm |
  140. Dave

When the 9/11 took place I was in the school at that time in 9th or ten grade and I saw the whole think on the news and then we had an early dismal. I have forgotten nothing about it and will never do so. It was quite painful for me to see it and it is to think about it. My thoughts about terrorism is for them to stop their vulgar activity. Like they get made when one of their persons get caught or killed by the army like wise we get made when some one of human dies because of them. Instead they should come out and speak of what they want and not attack. it is my message to them is to end your vulgar activity and let others leave in peace. We the government may take time to find you but god is there and don't ever forget. Also if you believe strongly in islam or no matter what religion then you should have knowledge of if you do hurt some one you will get hurt to. one last word to those ugly people stop and surrender.

March 30, 2009 at 6:01 am |