.
December 18th, 2008

Why You Are Awesome

A lot of students I meet ask me why I like being on CNN Student News.  The answer:  Our audience is awesome.  Every member of our staff enjoys your enthusiasm, attention, interest in current events, and [especially] your blog responses.  Oh, and your sense of humor (not to mention your patience with mine) really goes a long way too.

It is truly a privilege for me to appear on your TV, MP3 player or classroom screen each school day, telling you what's going on in the world.  It's one of the many blessings I'm thankful for this Christmas.  And whatever you celebrate, all of us at CNN Student News wish you a merry and bright holiday season.

Please be sure to tell us what you're up to while you're off!  Be safe, and God bless.

Yours,

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Mrs. Shorts Math Class

Everyone is awesome and everyone is just as important. Everyone is equal and no one should be put down by other student adult or teacher. Everyone is awesome and just amazing as everyone else because everyone has a unique gift.

December 18, 2008 at 5:17 pm |
  2. markida

sometimes well all the time your jokes are really cheezy says my class and i.

December 18, 2008 at 5:17 pm |
  3. Taseen

Scientists should not have told the public about the new species now people are going to hunt them.

December 18, 2008 at 6:12 pm |
  4. Jack

Carl, you are awsome too! (but your jokes, not so much) Our social studies class watches your videos almost everyday and we complain if we can't watch them. It is cool to be able to to just watch a video instead of work at the beginning of class. We can relax for 10 minutes while also getting information on what's happening around the US and the world. If you read this, send out a shoutout to Mrs. Norfleet's class. Merry Christmas!

December 18, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  5. Blaze

Carl i have been writing down most of every story you have covered since september i think you are funny and awesome

December 18, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  6. R.J.

I'm going to Kansas to visit my dad and grandma I really can't i'm gonna have a blast. Merry christmas everyone and a happy new year

December 18, 2008 at 6:23 pm |
  7. Jamison

Just work on those puns man, Have fun over the holidays in whatever you do. :]

December 18, 2008 at 6:36 pm |
  8. Cassie

I am awesome cause I'm me and No one else can be me........

December 18, 2008 at 6:48 pm |
  9. makaela

i think im not awesome i think the people without homes are awesome because they go most of their lives without food or water or anything to live off of thats why i thank god for what i have and know that i could end up like that.

December 18, 2008 at 6:52 pm |
  10. Darnell

Hey Carl, CNN Student News would not be the same without you. I hope you have a nice winter break.

December 18, 2008 at 6:59 pm |
  11. Mick

Let me just say that Carl you are the master of comedy and that you could have a very amazing singing career. So have a merry christmas!

P.S. your cool:]

December 18, 2008 at 7:05 pm |
  12. Sydney

hey Carl, CNN would not be the same at all with out you :]
    but I think that you have to work on your puns some more, your the best!! have a wonderful and merry christmas and a happy new year.

December 18, 2008 at 7:16 pm |
  13. N.T

I think my CLASS is awesome. We work as a team, and we are on the way to sucess!

No Offense Carl,

but you may need to get some better puns 🙂

December 18, 2008 at 7:38 pm |
  14. Lauren

First of all i want to say hi to mr.johnsons class. and carl you give the puns life. ok back to busyness.... over the break i am having the whole family come over 😎 bye

December 18, 2008 at 8:02 pm |
  15. jessica

I MIGHT be going to NYC this christmas (my first time) and i cant wait to see theglorious lights and christmas trees. I wish i could show you Carl!

December 18, 2008 at 8:06 pm |
  16. Josie

carl i love your puns! my class thinks your AWESOME, they always laugh at your puns.

MERRY CRISTMAS!

p.s., think of an awesome pun,make it kinda' chezzy, it will make my class LOL!:] :] :] :] :]

December 18, 2008 at 8:08 pm |
  17. jarred

I think if they were going to do it they would at least had his approval.

December 18, 2008 at 8:21 pm |
  18. yennifer

i thing that i am cool because everyone nows that

December 18, 2008 at 8:27 pm |
  19. Andrew

carl , i think my whole class is Awesome because almost everyone
    knows a second launguage , i know five . u rock!

December 18, 2008 at 8:46 pm |
  20. Jarrell

I agree with Mrs. Shorts math class..No body should be put down by anybody just because they're small or young or tall or short or even bad looking....

December 18, 2008 at 8:51 pm |
  21. zach

i sure hope none of those snakes, spiders and rabbits live in me town because i don't want to wake up in the morning with one of those in my bed that would freak me out!!

December 18, 2008 at 8:58 pm |
  22. Megan

Even though the question is: Why are YOU awesome? all of the blogers should be saying that everyone is awesome in their own speicial way wheater its art, spelling,drama writing,or just for having lots of friends you can trust

December 18, 2008 at 9:11 pm |
  23. Michael

Hi Carl, My class watches CNN every day. We all think your awsome but not so much your jokes. MERRY CHRISTMAS CNN(and carl) AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS Middle School North and a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!

December 18, 2008 at 9:20 pm |
  24. michael

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

December 18, 2008 at 9:22 pm |
  25. grace

Carl, some of your jokes may be a bit corny, but that makes you who you are. I like how you put jokes in, it makes the show less serious. We get too much of that anyway from our teachers! Have a very merry Christmas!

December 18, 2008 at 9:24 pm |
  26. Daniel

Hey Carl, I really think that you should work on a couple REALLY good PUNs over the holiday for days like especially awesome Fridays!........ and tomorrow.....(La vees na dee da! La vees na dee da! I'm sure you heard that before, Carl. Could you please sing it? I wanna wish you a merry Christmas from the bottom of my heeeeeaaaaarrrrt!

December 18, 2008 at 9:34 pm |
  27. Daniel

😉

December 18, 2008 at 9:38 pm |
  28. Fern

You really should take some advice from Carl Castle or Brian Unger about your sense of humor. But next year, instead of saying Merry CHRISTMAS you should say Happy HOLIDAYS. Some people might be offended- Separation of Church and state- don't forget Festivus, Hannakah, Kwanza, Boxing Day, ect.

Happy Holidays, Carl.

December 18, 2008 at 9:48 pm |
  29. Mr. Paughs Class

Everyone is awsome in there special way, I think my class is pretty awsome because we study, try our hardest,and accomplish the goals our teacher sets for all of us. So thanks CNN for letting us share this with you!
    Merry Christmas Carl,CNN, and Everyone who is watching this.

Mr.Paughs 1st period class

December 18, 2008 at 9:58 pm |
  30. katie

Carl your jokes can be funny but sometimes there not but either way your jokes are awesome!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS !!!:]

December 18, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  31. brandy

well i am getting made fun of for blogging on cnn student news and i am going to my dads. how fun (joking)!! Happy Holidays and a Happy new year!!!!!!!!! 🙂

December 18, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  32. Misa

Yes, awsome but puns bug me.

December 18, 2008 at 11:02 pm |
  33. Tasja

You are really cool. But your jokes could use a little work. But our school watches the Student News everyday and overall most of us enjoy it.

December 18, 2008 at 11:10 pm |
  34. kasey

carl you are tottaly awesome! i think your the perfect anchor for cnn student news

December 18, 2008 at 11:21 pm |
  35. Collin

Hi
    Over break, I'll be having fun with friends and family.
    You guys rock!!!
    Happy Holidays!

December 18, 2008 at 11:38 pm |
  36. Collin

Hey guys here's a joke:
    Why does Santa wear a red suit?
    Because his blue suite is in the wash!!!
    Sorry if that was lame teehee happy holidays!
    Merry Christmas Guys!!!

December 18, 2008 at 11:45 pm |
  37. Collin

You should do a story on Chuck Norris!!!
    Chuck norris defines awesomeness!
    And so do your puns Carl
    Happy Holidays

December 18, 2008 at 11:54 pm |
  38. Theo

Now Carl I realize that I will be doing absolutly nothing for the entire break so I will instead tell you a very interesting fact..... The Earth's orbit is slowly failing one day we will all fall to a firey demise....

P.S don't fret think if the Earth is gone you won't have to worry about your job security anymore 🙂

December 19, 2008 at 12:15 am |
  39. Ly

I am awesome because now I can be here and see people say they are awesome.
    Merry Christmas.
    Happy Holidays.

December 19, 2008 at 2:49 am |
  40. Apryl

Carl,
    I love the show. I'm 27 and not in school anymore, but I do watch the show everyday. I find it to be an awesome and funny way to get the news I need to know. I really love the puns!!!! Even the ones that may not be as funny as some. Keep on doing what your doing. It really makes for a great show. I love off the beaten path it is one of my fave parts of the show.
    Have a happy and safe Christmas and New Years.

December 19, 2008 at 4:31 am |
  41. Joyce

Everyone is awesome in a way and you are totally awesome. Funny and making news seem like fun. I have enjoyed your shows for several months and wish you a merry christmas and a merry financial crisis solution.

December 19, 2008 at 6:14 am |
  42. Cindy

i guess that i will miss you during the happy but boring and long winter vacation. sure, it's fun, but only when you are in school when you are on vacation, i want to go back to school.
    ill miss you carl over the winter but the good news is american vacation is shorter . that means that i can watch merry news on vacation!!!

December 19, 2008 at 6:18 am |
  43. nate

i'm sure you get commented on your corny jokes but at least they fit in with the story.

December 19, 2008 at 8:12 am |
  44. nate

what do you get when you cross a vampire with a snowman?
    Frostbite

December 19, 2008 at 8:15 am |
  45. nate

Carl my family wishes you a merry Christmas

December 19, 2008 at 8:17 am |
  46. brandy

just joking i am going to my dad's on the 27th and i am spending time with my whole family

December 19, 2008 at 8:22 am |
  47. Haily

Carl u r truley awsome, over break i just want to chill and hang with my friends mabey play in the snow. just stay awsome!!

December 19, 2008 at 9:21 am |
  48. Mrs. Latti's Class

Here in Maine we are recovering from the ice storm last week and are preparing for two more big snow storms. I guess we will have a white Christmas after all!

Most of us are spending time with family. Katie is going snowboarding. Ben is going skiing. Sammie will ice skate, and Brittany will sleep.

We love to watch CNN news every day. It helps us with our weekly News Bowl competition.

Have a wonderful holiday!

December 19, 2008 at 9:35 am |
  49. Conner

U are awesome. But ure jokes are kinda dumb

December 19, 2008 at 10:00 am |
  50. Conner

Hey Carl. My social studies class watches you everyday. I think you are awesome but you need to get some new jokes. =)

December 19, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  51. Bill

Over christmas break im gonna relax in the house because its way too cold outside. Im gonna wait till its christmas then get a bunch of cool gifts. Basically, I'll play with my phone and talk to my friends

Your jokes are hilarious! =)

December 19, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  52. butch

I'm spending my Christmas the way it was attended to be spent, with my family at my house, and we don't really have a lot of money so it is just a snow wight Christmas.

December 19, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  53. Jordan

my social studies class is the best we watch CNN news almost everyday. your the perfect anchorman for Cnn student news. if you worked on puns over the holidays, then I can't wait to hear them

we wish you a MErry christmas and a happy new year

December 19, 2008 at 10:35 am |
  54. kevin

Thank you for a great year!!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy "2009"

December 19, 2008 at 10:55 am |
  55. Rachel

Hey Carl, I'm gonna miss your puns that don't even make me snicker. You rock though Carl!!!! I'll be eating candy and opening presents while thinking about all those "hilarious" jokes. Merry Christmas Carl!!!

December 19, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  56. Sydney

Heyy,
    Guess how I'm spending my christmas break. I am some of my family over to my house then going over to my aunts house. I might get to go to North Caroline to go snow boarding. I can't wait!!!!!!!

December 19, 2008 at 11:58 am |
  57. Deanna

What am i doing over christmas break? im hanging out with my girl courtney!!!! and going to go see twilight with all my girls!!!! im going to alot of parties!!!!!!!!!!!! love ya carl......
    -Deanna ❤

December 19, 2008 at 12:00 pm |
  58. Roshauna

I AM GOIN TO STAY SUM NITES OVA MY BFF JEWELL HOUSE N GO PLACES WITH HER AND GO TO A DANCE WITH HER

LOVE ROSHAUNA
    MERRY CHRISTMAS

December 19, 2008 at 12:02 pm |
  59. Carina

That's because I watch student news from Mon. to Fri. now and I start to like watching news reports from here. It's just amazing to have cool news reports with those puns. Merry Christmas!!!

December 19, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  60. Mr. Owen's Class

Carl and the entire CNN Student News Team! Have a well deserved holiday break! We will miss the puns, the words of the day and the fast facts, but you all deserve a break!

December 19, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  61. Megan

I think your puns are awesome! I hope you have a happy holiday!

December 19, 2008 at 12:26 pm |
  62. Secret Identity

Carl,

WOW! Your puns are funny. Whenever I hear them I get a much better mood. I would just like to say thank you. Thank you for everything that you have done this year. I am looking forward to more puns and more laughs!

December 19, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  63. anthony

man your are not funny

December 19, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  64. Morgan

I think that i am awsome because i am random! Alot of people love that fact that i am random, and talk about one thing and then switch the subject.

December 19, 2008 at 12:38 pm |
  65. Mikee

IAm so awesome because people like me and i have tons and tons of friends and my life is amazing so ya that why iam AWESOME!!!!

December 19, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  66. michelle

no you carl are awesome hopeto se you next year on tv

December 19, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  67. J.H

you guys are Awesome because you guys do the show every day

December 19, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  68. Jamie

Hey CNN hows it goin i think the reason you have a job is a really good reason i actually want you're job now. And for this christmas break im probably going to friends houses and Opening alot of presents and i wish all u guys in CNN Happy Holidays and a happy new year.!!!

December 19, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  69. ????????

I think that you are awesome and i love to watch cnn everything that is talked about helps me learn more and also it lets us know what is happening in the world. I cant wate to see you in 2009 and have a fun holiday.

December 19, 2008 at 12:40 pm |

Christmas man i can't believe how fast it has arrived. I'm not really moving or going anywhere but this christmas is going to be the best.

December 19, 2008 at 12:42 pm |
  71. Andrew

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

December 19, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  72. Olivia

Thanks Carl!, but we all know that you are the one that is awesome! You rock! And those puns are punny! Merry Christmas Carl!

December 19, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  73. Cameron

Hey, that is very punny!
    Thanks for that nice comment, but we all know that you are the one we all look forward to everyday.Have a very punny merry christmas and a happy new year!

December 19, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  74. Ms. Shapiro's Class

We will miss you!

How can we go two weeks without your wonderful puns...???

We love your ties and sweaters and when you arch your eye brow.

Your shout outs make us feel smart.

Happy Holidays!

December 19, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  75. Christine

you are awesome carl! ,you rock, keep on doing the news. you have some really awesome shows.

December 19, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  76. Tomy

I am going to India!

December 19, 2008 at 4:14 pm |
  77. Conner

Hey carl. My social studies class watches cnn everyday. My holiday is going to be awesome this year even though I'm not asking for any big things. Have a merry christmas and a happy new year!

December 19, 2008 at 4:33 pm |
  78. Carlos

Carl you are awesome because some of your endings are funny. Thank you. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

December 19, 2008 at 5:57 pm |
  79. Lauren

My class watches you faithfully every week!!! We all love you and think you are awesome!!!! Your jokes are pretty awesome even though a little corny! Keep doing what you do Azuz!! You rock!!

December 19, 2008 at 7:19 pm |
  80. ashlynn

all for the life storys and lesions

December 19, 2008 at 8:20 pm |
  81. Chaela(shala)

Why wouldn;t you like your job it's like the easiest job in the world (next to burger king)! Merry Christmas, Carl!

December 19, 2008 at 8:46 pm |
  82. Chaela(shala)

I am awesome because i am funny! (not to brag) You know it's kinda cool that the word funny has the word fun and knee(spelled in a different way)

December 19, 2008 at 8:48 pm |
  83. Evan

I like your shows and now I watch them at home and show them to my parents. But still, i think there could be better puns, but , your all right.

December 19, 2008 at 9:24 pm |
  84. josie

today was my dads b-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ew had german chocoalate cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-)

p.s. happy holidays!!!!!!!:-)

December 19, 2008 at 9:25 pm |
  85. Ian

Thanks for everything Carl! You are the awesome one, because your the reason we watch. Once again thenks and have a Very Merry Christmas! 🙂

December 19, 2008 at 10:01 pm |
  86. Mrs. Meyer's class

everyone is awesome everyone is equal.

December 19, 2008 at 10:05 pm |
  87. jeremiah

i watch you guys every day in world geography. keep it going carl

December 19, 2008 at 10:32 pm |
  88. Valerie

I think anything is good enough to celebrate this Christmas...even having you, Carl Azuz, as our news reporter.

December 19, 2008 at 10:34 pm |
  89. Valerie

I think everyone has something that is special...even you, Carl, with your punny puns.

December 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm |
  90. Steve

You have a strong following at my school, Carl. Everyone loves you and your puns.

December 19, 2008 at 11:33 pm |
  91. Shannon

Hey, Carl! I really appreciate everything you do on CNN. You are so awesome, and to think that you think the same about us is really cool. By the way, your puns may not be the best ones, but when you jump out of your seat saying them, my friends and I crack up laughing!

December 20, 2008 at 2:25 am |
  92. kayla

hey! i think everyone is awesome in there own way even u carl your puns are awesome!!

December 20, 2008 at 7:28 am |
  93. Hunter

Going to be celebrating woth my family of course. Then leaving state and headed to celebrate with more family! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year CNN! Also Carl, nice puns! Someone in my Social Studies are irratated by them, but keep them up! See you next year!

December 20, 2008 at 9:52 am |
  94. shannon

Thanks Carl, my whole class hates your puns but i like them. Every time Ms.Hogan and my class say oh, Carl! When I grow up I want to be a newscaster and I've already been to the CNN center in Alanta.
    Love, Shannon

December 20, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  95. Andrew

Hi I am Andrew from mrs.Curda's class and, I am going siteseeing in New York and I am leaving at the 24th of December and coming back on the 30th of December. I also want to say Merry Cristmas to CNN Student News an Mrs.Curda's class

December 20, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  96. Mo

Carl,
    I'm spending my holidays with my family. That's who I'm thankful for.

P.S. Your Awsome not me. Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 20, 2008 at 3:31 pm |
  97. Morgan

for this holiday season i'm going to my dad's house. but tonight i'm having an awesome holiday party. everybody enjoy this wonderful holiday season.

December 20, 2008 at 5:38 pm |
  98. jordan

Carl azuz why do you like being on cnn student news

December 20, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  99. James

What i have to say is that no human being is better than the other. Just some people make bad decisions in life. So if one person is awsome so are the rest.

December 20, 2008 at 7:52 pm |
  100. Nathan

Hey Carl my class and I couldn't see the show on Dec. 18 wish I could have but still rock the videos on cnn student news hope you have a happy and merry Cristmas.Go Obama

December 20, 2008 at 8:26 pm |
  101. kailey

well i am off already! 15 days! woo hoo! so happy and thanks for everything you do on this news channel because you take your time to tell other students what is going on in the world. happy holidays and merry christmas! oh last but not least HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 20, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  102. samantha

carl you are so "funny" hahahahahahaha
    thats what we all think at our school any way
    my favorite cnn was when the grinch took the tree's.

December 20, 2008 at 11:03 pm |
  103. Marie

Hola Carl!
    Lovin the puns! I look forward to student news every day!
    Have a merry Christmas.

December 21, 2008 at 12:42 am |
  104. zach

you all have a good holiday

December 21, 2008 at 7:58 am |
  105. zach

sorry but your jokes are boring

December 21, 2008 at 7:59 am |
  106. samantha

well im going to go to my aunties and have christmas there and at my house. and i get to think of what were having for christmas dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 21, 2008 at 12:44 pm |
  107. Whitney

Hey carl my vaccation is awsome. on monday do the dance that you did which is on youtube

December 21, 2008 at 12:44 pm |
  108. Tristen

I like you sweter vest Carl vaery nice and nice tie to.

December 21, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  109. Jo

Hi I'm Jo from Mr. Shepard's class and this Christmas where doing something new. Instead of spending a week with my dad's mom where staying here and are going to go over to my mom's sisters and play cards and games all Christmas day with my entire family.
    It's just awesome to be able to spend Christmas with your loved ones. Now matter if your doing something new, or old it's still your family you spend time with.

December 21, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  110. julia

christas is almost here

December 21, 2008 at 4:22 pm |
  111. James

i think it's freezing!!! i got a fever, but it's getting better now. i just want to say hi to my class, and if i'm not there, well, have fun at school! (and tell Mr.Sharrow that i miss the smart board!)

PS: whenever you write on the smart board, do what i did and write your name, and was here.

December 21, 2008 at 6:55 pm |
  112. elmo

Hey Carl I luv the show!!! My class looks forward to your show everyday!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! (ALMOST) =)

December 21, 2008 at 11:01 pm |
  113. Margaret

I think everyone is awesome because everyone was created to be special, unique and different. That is why I believe everyone is awesome and no one should be excluded or discriminated because of their race or gender.

December 22, 2008 at 10:27 am |
  114. Amber

Hi Carl!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that i am special in many ways. But I also think that all of the other people in the world are special, even you Carl.

December 22, 2008 at 4:03 pm |
  115. chris

over break i plan to do alot of skiing with the skis i got for christmas. I also plan on just hanging out with friends and drinking alot of hot chocalate.

December 22, 2008 at 6:20 pm |
  116. Theo

have a happy: government funded, non-denominal, gift giving season

December 22, 2008 at 9:27 pm |
  117. stockton

i just am carl

December 23, 2008 at 10:25 am |
  118. Peanut Butter

Hey Carl!! wussup? In going over to california for christmas!!!! Yay!!!!!!!

December 23, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  119. Brinley

Hey Carl!! We watch CNN student news every day! We all think you are the coolest anchor EVER. If we could we would award you the coolest and funniest anchor of the 2008-2009 school year. Our class also writes all your puns down on the white borad. Our teacher tries to make up better ones but he never can! You rock have a great holiday season.

December 23, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  120. Tonii

Hey Carl in our class room we keep track of all your puns. A whole wall dedicated to your PUNS.we call it the PUNY WALL. personal, i carry my little bro on my shoulders to school every day in the snow. thats why I'm awesome
    -Mr.Samiljan's Class

December 23, 2008 at 11:18 am |
  121. Jessica

Hey there! I cannot tell you how upset I am that the show is ending for a short time period. I'm counting down the days to see you again! In our Social Studies classroom (Mr. Samiljan's) We have a wall of all your puns listed. It's AWESOME! I'm awesome because I watch CNN Student News every weekday.
    Have a gooooooooooood holiday.

December 23, 2008 at 11:19 am |
  122. Andrew

Hey Carl, our class loves your puns. They're so PUNNY . I can't live without your jokes. Merry Christmas and whatever. Put my comment on your show, because it will be cool.

December 23, 2008 at 11:19 am |
  123. TrEvOr

Hi Carl. You rock. We think you are the best anchor on TV and we wish you could anchor all the boring news shows. I look forword to your show and PUNS !!!! By the way, we keep you puns listed on our board and by the end of the year, we have a wonderul list of your puns. Keep 'em coming!!!! And have a Happy Chris-ma-hona-kwan-zica!

Trevor- Mr. Samiljan's Class

December 23, 2008 at 11:22 am |
  124. PaYtOn******

HEY CARL!!! YOUR THE AWESOMEST ANCHOR IN THE WORLD. WE WATCH YOUR SHOW EVERYDAY AND WE WELL MY CLASS AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL YOU RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENJOY YOUR HOLLY JOLIDAY!!!!!!

YOURS TRUELY,
    PaYtOn*******

December 23, 2008 at 11:26 am |
  125. Lori

I am a middle school special education teacher in Lawrenceville and my class watches CNN Student News every day. It is truly a “window to the world” for them. They went from being painfully unaware of current events to being able to express a basic understanding of the issues and how they are affected by them. One of my students (who has great difficulties putting his thoughts on paper in class) has even been going to the website at home to blog about the stories we see!!

Thanks and keep up the great work!

December 24, 2008 at 9:04 am |
  126. Mrs. Schoeck's Class

We love CNN Student News!

Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year!

Love,
    Carlos, Jalene, Keyanna, Maureen, Philip, Pedro, Bhavani, Grant, Mrs. Schoeck and Mrs. Betty

December 24, 2008 at 9:09 am |
  127. Haeun

I'm live in Korea.
    Well, it didn't feel like Christmas at all here.
    Only the music and the radio said about Christmas.
    The only way I enjoyed Christmas was text-messaging with my friends on my cellphone.
    This economy problem will have to be solved or Korea will never celebrate Christmas in my opinion.

December 25, 2008 at 7:14 pm |
  128. Thomas

My freind, kyle and I are going to colorado to ski because there is nothing like kicking off the new year skiing with my pal.

December 26, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  129. kyoung-min

I'm Korean , and I'm watching for Cnn student news!
    In Korea, economic is a serious trouble.
    Also, all the students in Korea are having terrible time despite of winter vacation because they have to study : you know, korean students even elementry students do not sleep untill 3 o'clock and gets up in 6 o'clock to study!!!(even on christmas.)
    Please say "Cheer up!"to all the korean students.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

December 28, 2008 at 7:17 am |
  130. Brezny

My family is busy getting ready for our christmas party. This involves cleaning the entire house, only to see all our hard work destroyed, and helping make many different dishes. Then we still have to put up with hanging around some interesting people. For New Years we put the younger kids to bed. Then my parents, two older siblings, and I watch a movie. At about 11:30 we go to wake up all of the younger kids to watch the ball drop. Once we get them down stairs, to the family, room they tend to fall asleep on the floor. Later that day, they are all tired, causing short tempers, lots of whining and crying, and I can't forget the screaming. the never ending, loud, room filling noise, that tells you that your home. It just wouldn't be my family without the screaming : )

January 1, 2009 at 1:32 pm |
  131. Dave

Well Carl you are awsome and I am looking forward to see you not only bring students news but with all the news coverage and weather forecast. You are one of the best and I don't need my morning coffee to start my day when I have you bringing me the student news.

January 5, 2009 at 4:42 am |
  132. Cole

Im awesome because of my uncanny obsession with "B" movies and bad acting. Also, I think its cool that I like old bands like Cream and Led Zepplin. I don't like the Beatles because they're overrated, but John Lennon is cool.

January 5, 2009 at 8:06 am |
  133. Monica

You think we're awesome? Well we love you, too! Here is a poem that my friend and I wrote for you, Carl!

Carl, oh Carl, to you we write.
    When we started watching CCN Student News, it was love at first sight!
    My favorie part is when you're on screen
    Away from Carl I never could ween
    You always make the freshest puns
    involving bakers and their buns
    Every day during the shoutout, I scream
    If i get them all right maybe I too could join the CNN team!
    When you take us off the beaten path,
    I get happiness that no other girl hath
    Blue is definitely the color for you
    whenever you wear it we cant wait to hear whats new.
    You always keep me in the loop.
    Seeing you makes me want to "WHOOP!"
    I watch student news when I'm at home sick,
    It's a habbit that I just can't seem to kick!
    You teach us about things from Presidents to juice,
    And that's why we love you, Carl Azuz!

January 5, 2009 at 5:29 pm |
  134. Sally

You should have a section on the show (maybe on a slow day?) about all of Carl Azus's adoring fans!!!

January 5, 2009 at 5:32 pm |
  135. Elizabeth

Thanks I agree I think I am awsome but I also think that you are awsome to.(Don't you get stage fright when you are up there?).Have a awsome 2009!.

January 5, 2009 at 9:50 pm |
  136. Aly

My broadcast class is awesome because we watch CNN Student News every day! We love you Carl!

January 7, 2009 at 11:47 am |
  137. Jade

Our science class watches you every day and we always complain if we don't get to watch cnn news. We enjoy watching it but the jokes need some updating. I think the sound effects are very appropriate after your jokes, because it expresses what everyone is feeling. Love your show and have a great year!:)

January 7, 2009 at 5:20 pm |
  138. josie

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

January 14, 2009 at 6:40 pm |
  139. cynthia

i think your awsome and kind of weird

January 15, 2009 at 12:22 pm |
  140. brenda

HI CARL UMM.... MY CLASS AND LOVE YOUR SHOW I THINK A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE AWSOME IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL WAY OOOOHHH MERRY CHRISMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! (:

January 15, 2009 at 12:24 pm |
  141. Shantale

Thank you guys (CNN crew) for being there every morning. As a 7th grade student I rather watch funny, awsome news, then doing work. You guys make news interesting and fun. Keep on keeping on! Merry late Christmas and a happy late New Years! 🙂

January 15, 2009 at 12:25 pm |
  142. Zoe

I used to live in georgia, and dude you visited my school.Fayetteville, remember?I came up to you along with my friends and told you that you were awesome.How"s that for cool eh?I do not think you'll ever go back to White Water Middle, but if you do, say Hi!!!To Mrs.Jones for me. Plaese and thank you.

January 15, 2009 at 8:41 pm |
  143. Lizzy

Hi Carl, I think that you are very funny but there's just one problem you need to get better puns. Not for all of your shows but for a couple. Most of your puns are funny and my class laughs but for others not so much. So I guess we'll see you on tuesday. Bye!

January 18, 2009 at 12:17 pm |
  144. Lizzy

Hi Carl, um.....my class loves your shows. Every other day my class gets to see you and even though we know we're going to watch it we ask"are we going to watch cnn?" and then...of course we know the answer to that..."yes." Lizzy- Mr. Hemphill's class

January 18, 2009 at 12:32 pm |
  145. Elfanzo

Hi im Elfanzo i just love your show i watch it every morning it inspires me to change my life

February 20, 2009 at 4:43 pm |
  146. Elfanzo

hi its me again your show inspired me to lose a bunch of wieght right now im at 255 an was previously at 256

thank you

February 20, 2009 at 4:46 pm |
  147. Elfanzo

oops i ment 265

February 20, 2009 at 4:46 pm |