November 30th, 2008

Punished with Music!

It may not sound like punishment at all until you hear what the music was.  And then you might feel sympathetic for members of Revolving Reverence, who had to sit through an hour of it because they played their own songs too loudly!

The judge says he did it because he noticed that too many people were just paying the fine and not really learning anything from their offenses.  So tell us what you think about his unique penalty - and whether that would make you turn the volume down...

Carl Azuz, Anchor

P.S.  I was also in a high school rock band - I used to murder the drums.  And yes, we once got in trouble for playing too loudly, and we totally deserved it:  We weren't as good as Revolving Reverence.

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Tonio

Agreed, that kind of music was punishment indeed. Because they now know that not everyone shares its taste in music, I think the punishment was appropriate.

Reminds me of the movie "Clockwork Orange", where he later almost dies of hearing Beethoven's ninth symphony.

November 30, 2008 at 8:44 pm |
  2. D@nielle

That seems like the perfect punishment to me... TOURTURE!!!!!

December 1, 2008 at 1:47 am |
  3. Christine

OMG!!! I actually heard the usic and I yawned.
    Even though I heard it for 1 minute in maximum!
    The band is really good, but in contrast....
    You know what I mean. I totally want to be a lead singer
    in a band when I get old enough to run away from my mom.
    Just kidding! Go Revolving Reverence!!!

December 1, 2008 at 2:35 am |
  4. Joyce

i say that it would certain;ymake me stop playing too loudly
    barney???!!!
    i cant stand it and im in sixth grade

December 1, 2008 at 2:53 am |
  5. Tiffany

That's a new and funny punishment! But I don't think that is TOO bad to listen to the music for one hour. 😀

December 1, 2008 at 4:03 am |
  6. Devin

I do not think that it would help me because i like all kinds of music.

December 1, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  7. Josh

That would be a good punishment for playing their music too loud. I like the Barney song and everything but I kind of feel bad for them. At least now you know what can happen if you do what other people dont like...

December 1, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  8. Alexander

That's horrible! I would rather go to jail. That should be against the law. It's illegal and torture!

December 1, 2008 at 10:05 am |
  9. Brittany

I don't really like the idea of listening to music for a punishment. I listen to all types of music, so I don't think it would make me turn down the music. It would just make me be more cautious, when playing in public places.

December 1, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  10. Crystal

I do not thing that punishing kids with music is not a good idea because most kids just sit in there and laugh at the music that is being played. But then again for some kids this technique works. If I liked music as much as some of those kids do, I probably would not listen and still would rock.

December 1, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  11. Brady

I think that is a good punishment for the kids. I feel bad for the adults who have to sit there and listen to that bad music. If I had that job I better have a good paycheck.

December 1, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  12. Kylie

Well I think it is better then people having to pay a fine but it would be really boarding sitting listing to little kid music but then again it would be annoy if someone else was playing music so loud you could not hear your t.v or your own music in your own house. So I think it is a nice way to take care of it.

December 1, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  13. Kelsee

If I had to sit there and listen to that music for playing music to load at the time that you can listen i would be really mad but i wouldn't ever to it again cause listening one time would make me go carry.

December 1, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  14. josh

it isn't the governments business to care of how loud we play our music it is very unfair those people were just playing what if someone played the Barney song too loud it is just the type of music the government doesn't like this is just an excuse so the kids can't have fun listening to their type of music.

December 1, 2008 at 10:48 am |
  15. Sean

I am punished with music all the time. My sisters music. I is very painful and effective. It's torture.

December 1, 2008 at 1:49 pm |
  16. Dirt Diver

I wouldn't stop being so loud but that band needs to learn how to sing/play

December 1, 2008 at 1:49 pm |
  17. Deldar

Wow thats different from the ordinary kinds of things police do. I think its better than some of the other stuff they do , but it would be really boring.
    *Can't smile without you*

December 1, 2008 at 1:50 pm |
  18. Abby

I think that that punishment is really kind of funny. If that happened to me, I would try to make the best of it, by dancing or singing along, if we were able to. They did deserve it, and hopefully they will continue to play, just not so loudly.

December 1, 2008 at 1:50 pm |
  19. Eliza and Allison

We think it is kind of funny that they had to listen to all that weird music just because they were rocking to loud. We think that is a weird punishment. 😀 🙂

December 1, 2008 at 1:51 pm |
  20. Brooks

that must stink! just trying to rock and get punished from da pigs!!!...lol teehee

December 1, 2008 at 1:51 pm |
  21. izaak

ever hear of earplugs? seriusly it's a cruel and unjust torture to make anyone go through that exept mabey a deft person or a baby, it would be bad even for a 5 year old who probly watches barney.

December 1, 2008 at 1:51 pm |
  22. Devin

I think that's funny how they have to listen to Barney or weird kid songs, but I think that they should be told a warning before they get the full punishment. The neighbors should talk to the parents before complaining to police. Parents always give the worst punishments.

December 1, 2008 at 1:52 pm |
  23. Bubbles

its just wierd

December 1, 2008 at 1:52 pm |
  24. Emily

I feel bad for the judge. I mean, she had to listen to all of those songs, too! It probably wouldn't be too bad for me though; I like all kinds of music. I feel kind of bad for the band, but I'd feel worse if my neighbor was blasting music I don't like. I do like to play music loudly though; it helps you enjoy it.

December 1, 2008 at 1:55 pm |
  25. gwen!!!

I LIKE THOSE TUNES THEY WERE LISTENING TO IN TO COURT ROOM!! THERE MY FAV!!!! AND THAT HURTS ME THAT THEY WOULD USE THOSE SONG TO PUNISH THEM!! 😦 😦 : ( 😦 😦 😦 😦 :(!!UHHH

December 1, 2008 at 1:56 pm |
  26. Trenton

I would turn it up louder and louder til i went deaf...not really but i dont think that is a fair punishment for them...

December 1, 2008 at 4:07 pm |
  27. michelle

omg what a good idea! go barney! wooh! lol

December 1, 2008 at 4:54 pm |
  28. alyssa

what is wrong with musuc. the government should not be able to tell kids how load to play their music!

December 1, 2008 at 5:20 pm |
  29. alyssa

December 1, 2008 at 5:22 pm |
  30. Carlos

I can't stand that loud music! The teens were punished for doing that. They listened to the barney song. That song is annoying. I wish they would play the music softly. It hurts my ears!

December 1, 2008 at 6:02 pm |
  31. MARITN

I THINK THAT WAS SO BOOGES THAT THEY HAD TO DO THAT I RATHER DO CUMMITY SERVES

December 1, 2008 at 8:28 pm |
  32. D@nielle

They were interupting other people's lives... so wronge!!!! Listening to Barney songs... sweet payback!!!

December 2, 2008 at 1:46 am |
  33. Tiffany

That won't actually punish them, I mean, come on! They MIGHT like it, and the people who like it will be hurt and angry. 😦 That's it not the right away.

December 2, 2008 at 1:50 am |
  34. Bak

It is not because they played a noisy music, but because they made the nearby neighbours disturbed that they were punished.

Any freedom interupting the general people's daily life cannot be arbitrarily enjoyed. But it is possible if it is played in an isolated place where makes no effect to the neighbour.

I think the way to punish the young students by having them listen to the good music is very educational and appropriate.

December 2, 2008 at 3:04 am |
  35. Marshall

I think that it is a really funny punishment. I don't think that it would be worth it.

December 2, 2008 at 8:14 am |
  36. f

i think that it's a good punishment for them because now they know what it's like to listen to loud music that you don't like and maybe they'll think twice before playing as loud as they did again

December 2, 2008 at 8:16 am |
  37. Teto

i think that this is definitely an unusual punishment. i can't say I would enjoy it, but i can say that it could be worse. i think that this is a great punishment to use for such a small offense because a lot of the people who are violating the rule are teenagers who definitely have better things to do with their time

December 2, 2008 at 8:16 am |
  38. Anabel

I think that the punishment was good. But why do they have that rule in their town that you can't play music loudly.

December 2, 2008 at 8:17 am |
  39. chndlr

Wow. That definitely isn't a worthy punishment. If you break a law, then you should have a punishment that is more harsh. I know that if I was a rocker I definietly wouldn't care if I had to listen to that music I would keep rocking just as loud!

December 2, 2008 at 8:17 am |
  40. connor

I don't think that they will do that again but it was really funny what they had to do.

December 2, 2008 at 8:18 am |
  41. Caroline

I think their punishement was funny because it's not what you would expect for a punishment.

December 2, 2008 at 8:18 am |
  42. Homie

Its so funny that they were punished with music that their parents must listen to!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! I would probably either get up and dance or fall asleep. He, he.

December 2, 2008 at 8:18 am |
  43. HANNAH!!!!!

That was soooo funny!!! I think it's a good and smart way to punish them, it's not that bad though, they seemed really like mad though. It was funny 🙂

December 2, 2008 at 8:19 am |
  44. jack

That really is a punishment. you have to have a pretty twisted mind to come up with something as terrible as that. An hour of Barney and Cartman trying to sing. That would be terrible.

December 2, 2008 at 8:19 am |
  45. Paul

I think that they police officers down the block didnt like that type of music. i dont think that the music was too hot either. That punishment was pretty funny though. i would be able to sit through it pretty easily....also I'd be laughing the whole time.

December 2, 2008 at 8:24 am |
  46. Matt

I think that it is a interesting punishment to have to listen to other types of music other than the music they were playing. That will teach them to not stay up late playing loud rock and roll music

December 2, 2008 at 8:24 am |
  47. annie

I think its great idea and trust me kids hate old music

December 2, 2008 at 9:30 am |
  48. Addie

personally i would get up and dance but for older teenagers it would be a long hour.

December 2, 2008 at 9:31 am |
  49. Cailean

I think that they should be able to play there music as loud as they want. I think that punishment is really dumb cus it would still be fun cus your with your friends and you would be laughing.

December 2, 2008 at 9:32 am |
  50. Sean

I think this is a good punishment because it takes some of there time away and this is the way to do the same thing they did to the community is there punishment

December 2, 2008 at 9:32 am |
  51. Forest

I don't think that rule is very smart and besides it wouldn't work on me 'cause I like a lot of different music.

December 2, 2008 at 9:33 am |
  52. yani

i think it's dum because it is only music but it would be sorta annoying if u wanted to go to sleep lol ttul

December 2, 2008 at 9:33 am |
  53. Corey

I think that this is stupid.

December 2, 2008 at 9:34 am |
  54. Eunice

That seemed like a perfect punishment for me ,but it also looked like some of them were enjoying the songs been played .It was torture for the adults but it seemed like fun for the younger people:) adults 😦

December 2, 2008 at 9:41 am |
  55. morgan

I wouldn't mind the punishment that bad. I think I would just sing along with my friends and dance!!!!

December 2, 2008 at 9:44 am |
  56. Will

They shouldn't punish people just because they played music. You really shouldn't punish them with music.

December 2, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  57. Emmett

I think that this is a good punishment. they should of never been playing for so long I mean you only really have to play like 1 – 2 songs tops for a birthday. So I think they did the right thing to do is to give them that punishment.

December 2, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  58. Brian

I think that was so Booges that they had to do that i rather do community service

December 2, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  59. Jessica

I think that is wrong, they shout be able to listen to any kind of music, and have it as loud as they want well if there not disturbing others...id rather die then listing to stuff like that they made the teens listen to. id rather do community service!

December 2, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  60. Nick

All I have to say is I am glad I don't have a band because I would hate to have to go through that... But then again I think this would be a good punishment.

December 2, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  61. Brandon

That was good.

December 2, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  62. jakob

They should have to sit thought that because if I have to listen to there screaming all night then they need a taste of there own medicine!

December 2, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  63. Rath

It was horrible. That was the worst music I have ever heard. It was better than jail though.

December 2, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  64. Krista

While if it was me I would get a really bad headache, it also would more then likely be the most boring time ever. It makes me not want to play music loud again.

December 2, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  65. Drew

what is wrong withe music the government should not be able to tell kids how load to play their music!

December 2, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  66. LeAndra

i mean how loud to play music what is the big deal they are just kids let them listen to their music.

December 2, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  67. christina

I think that it was a resonabul charge because they could of goton a fine for desturbing the peice they got off easy if you ask me.

December 2, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  68. br00ke

Well I don't know if I would turn it down or not because my sister likes to yell for no reason, and sing Taylor Swift really loud so I sometimes need my music at a drowning level to drown out her voice.

December 2, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  69. Kassandra

I think that it was a good idea but maybe it should of lasted not so long because people have their own taste in music.

December 2, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  70. cindy

I think it was a unique idea to make kids learn their lesson on playing their music too loudly but if I would have to do that, I would get a major headache.

December 2, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  71. Jake

I do not think the punishment is good enough, surprisingly enough. Music isn't bad for me. In any way at all.

December 2, 2008 at 10:23 am |
  72. Anonymous

I would of been happy if they put llike dora the explora song. But Dang if that was me I'd would of gone crazy.

December 2, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  73. Adam

The music they used to punish those guys would've totally make me go insane! The Barney theme song is on my top 10 least favorite song/jingle list, and those guys had to listen to it! That's just barbaric!

December 2, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  74. Dana

This is fair punishment. They disturbed the neighbors' peace, so they got theirs disturbed right back. This was effective. It caused less offenses. It doesn't sound like fun.

December 2, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  75. Katey

It's a pretty good plan. I certainly wouldn't blow my music as loud as I could if that was the penalty! I can barley even stand listening to my dad's Elvis music, let alone the Tennessee Walts!

December 2, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  76. Alayna

I really wouldn't care if I got stuck in a room with a bunch of my friends to listen to weird music. I just know that i would make fun of the music later on. I wouldn't be able to take the punishment seriously though.

December 2, 2008 at 11:12 am |
  77. Wyatt

I think that it is pretty stupid because what would be the point of punishing kids like that I mean there going to keep going and doing it so that's pretty stupid

December 2, 2008 at 11:12 am |
  78. Sydney

OMG!!! I think that is ridiculous to make kids sit there and listen to that kind of music. If I had to sit there and listen to that music it would make me want to go home and play my music louder and I probably wouldn't learn a lesson from sitting there. So I think that is is really stupid that they would make kids sit there.

December 2, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  79. Geordan

They should be able to play there music as loud as they want. If you want to play as loud as you want them to quiet down have a pation to make them move but don't go to court. If it's still a poblem just move they will still play their music. there was no point of making them listen to that music because they will still play.

December 2, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  80. Veronica

I agree with the punishment, but I think they should have to go around and apologize to the neighborhood. It's a very good punishment because they will suffer through music I'm just about positive they HATE! I thought that they should apologize to the rest of the neighborhood because they shouldn't have to listen to that much noise all day or night!

December 2, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  81. Sarah

I don't really think that making kids listen to cheesy music really loudly is going to make them stop playing their music really loud. Now, I have never been in a rock band or anything, but if I was someone out there wanting to bring down the house with some jams, nothing could stand in my way. By making them listen to that kind of music, it will probably just make them want to play louder! It may seem lame at the moment, but afterward it will probably just seem like a joke to them and they will have a good laugh about it.

December 2, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  82. Jacob

That would be complete torture! I wouldn't be able to listen to that for more than 15 minutes! Listening to Rock and Metal is what I do too, but I'm not in a band so I hope I never get that kind of punishment. I'd much rather just get grounded! Well actually never mind......I just won't play my music that loud.

December 2, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  83. Jasmine

Ok, honestly I would play louder. This disciplinary action would tick me off and make me wanna you know play longer and louder cause that's just the type of person I am. I think that they shouldn't have even punished them it's art. You don't punish art students for painting to much or using to much paint because you want them to further their creative learning ability. I believe this a dumb punishment.

December 2, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  84. Mckenzie

I think that it was hilarious that those guys had to sit through barney and oldies songs. Plus it wasn't really a punishment because the guys were just laughing through the whole thing.

December 2, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  85. Olivia

I think that this punishment is a good idea. I'm not so sure that I would turn my music down though.

December 2, 2008 at 11:15 am |
  86. Alissa

I think that if the parents punish there kids for loud music than that is ok. also i think that it is up to the kids on what they do most of the time.

December 2, 2008 at 11:15 am |
  87. Marissa

I think that if I was made to listen to that music that it would drive me crazy. I don't think that it is that horrible it could have been a lot worse.

December 2, 2008 at 11:16 am |
  88. Kelsey

Well I think that this punishment was fair. I think that the punishment for the rockers to listen to the loud music would make them notice how annoying it is for everyone around them. It might make them think twice before they play their music to loud, because they would know what it is like to listen to extremely loud music for a long time.

December 2, 2008 at 11:17 am |
  89. xitlali

I would hate to have to do that. I would kill my self.

December 2, 2008 at 11:17 am |
  90. Allison

I think that punishment won't be taken seriously and be taken more as a joke but it is still a better idea than putting them in jail. I think that they should have just told them to turn the music down and if they continue then they will do that. It wouldn't make me stop just because of the music, but I would have stopped just out of good nature. Some people wouldn't though and I honestly don't think that will stop them.

December 2, 2008 at 11:18 am |
  91. mariah

I think that it is no fair that they punished the kids for listening to their dumb music because if the kids want to listen to their music if they want trust me i have to every day at my house.

December 2, 2008 at 11:18 am |
  92. Ross

I don't think it will work because young people have nothing but time and if you only take time away, they still have their music. This is like saying don't hit by hitting them or don't bite by biting them. Didn't work before or after Dr. Spock.

December 2, 2008 at 11:18 am |
  93. Katie

I think it's a good idea to punish them with bad music. I Think it is because this makes them learn their lesson so they won't do it again. Like if i had to listen to barney and oldies just for being to loud I wouldn't do it again....

December 2, 2008 at 11:19 am |
  94. Kyler

I think that the punishment was a good punishment for them. I don't think that the people will play their music to loud again. I think that the people learned their lesson on playing the music to loud.

December 2, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  95. amber

I think it was a good penalty to do to them. Making them go through the same thing you went through. I would probably have a headache after to listening to loud music. If I had to go through that, I would turn down my music because I get headaches easily and I know how some people feel.

December 2, 2008 at 11:27 am |
  96. Catherine

If it was me that had to listen to that music i would enjoy it. I like old music. Me and my friends like this music we would probably turn the volume all the way up just to hear the music.

December 2, 2008 at 11:27 am |
  97. Hannah

I think that is a stupid punishment because listening to kids music isn't that bad so if they can live through that then they will probably do it again.

December 2, 2008 at 11:29 am |
  98. jay

that punishment is awesome you'd get to listen to barney and cartman sing its pretty cool.

December 2, 2008 at 11:30 am |
  99. Ellie

It's Hilarious! I love it it's so funny!!! I love that punishment!

December 2, 2008 at 11:30 am |
  100. Nik

i think that would be terrible i would start bashing my head on the desk and start whining.

December 2, 2008 at 11:31 am |
  101. Addie

I dont think it is fair to punish the kids for their music. If the nabor is really that unhappy then they can just walk over and tell the kids to turn it down. Then if they dont do it then they can punish them. Its just not fair to punish them for thier music.

December 2, 2008 at 11:31 am |
  102. Sarah

I think he did a good thing by punishing them the way he did. I would have done the same thing only not use the music he did i would use more music that was not like oldies but like child show songs, and music without words. If i was them i don' think i would learn from the way he did things and would NOT turn down my music.

December 2, 2008 at 11:31 am |
  103. Courtney

That is Hilarious! I can't believe that they get punished for being to loud. They should at least get a warning. But believe me, if I lived in that town I would never be too loud. That is like the funniest thing i've ever heard!

December 2, 2008 at 11:32 am |
  104. Aimee & Rachel

We think that this is a ok idea because it's not jail time and you can live through it. I mean it's only music. But we would rather listen to our music in stead! I don't think the kids really cared. We wouldn't mind it though.

December 2, 2008 at 11:37 am |
  105. MOBSTERZ

i<3 barny i luv carl azus

December 2, 2008 at 11:38 am |
  106. jalen

this is a cool punishment i hope it makes them go crazy that would be very interesting to watch.

December 2, 2008 at 1:00 pm |
  107. Thaya

i think its kinda a good thing but funny.

December 2, 2008 at 1:21 pm |
  108. Chaise

I think that the people that where rocking got what they deserved maybe next time they will pay attention to there time and volume.

December 2, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  109. Brennan (buzz)

This makes sense, if you play your music to loud other people have to listen to it and they don't like it. But if you get caught you have to listen to music you don't like.

December 2, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  110. Austin

I think that they should of kept it down but to make them listen to barney and seseme street was pure torcher.

December 2, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  111. john

The people are going to do it again and get in trouble because nobody can keep them from what they like to do!

December 2, 2008 at 1:24 pm |
  112. Damon

they should be be to play there music as loud as they won't.

December 2, 2008 at 1:24 pm |
  113. Seth

I think it's a bad punishment just because they express themselves with music and loud music at that they shouldn't be punished. It would not make me turn down the music and thats that.

December 2, 2008 at 1:25 pm |
  114. Melinda

I think the punishment was a great idea:) Its like letting them know how others feel. Others didn't like their music that they were pretty much forced to listen to, so lets do the same to them. Not everybody likes the same things. I thing the point getting across about this dicipline is to think about others and remember that everyone is different!!!

December 2, 2008 at 1:26 pm |
  115. Alexa

I think that it is a good punishment for them to have to punish them with music that they don't like because they had to loud of music. Although the punishment doesn't really help or teach them a lesson, because I bet they still will listen to loud music. Since loud music really isn't a crime I think it is a good punishment.

December 2, 2008 at 3:37 pm |
  116. mukiza

I think it was a good punishment because it was to loud may be for
    a verybody like me and what they did it was good idea.I think they
    love they music very much but they have to change the page now .
    It nice they have tred it good.

THANK YOU FOR TRYINGT STOP THE BAD MUSIC.

December 2, 2008 at 6:28 pm |
  117. Whit

I saw your CNN Student News show on this. I thought the whole topic was very funny. In that part my peers were laughing very hard. We all thought the punishment was very funny, but well deserved. All the teachers and students at my school especially love your puns. Without them your show would not be complete. All I can say is we are all your fans and we always look forward to seeing you on air! Thank you for brightening all of our days!

December 2, 2008 at 6:48 pm |
  118. -:-:-:Brandy-:-:-:

that was hilarious i loved it my whole class died of laughter!!

HA HA HA

December 2, 2008 at 9:48 pm |
  119. Alichali

That's a great punishment!!!!
    Barney is a dinosaur from our imagination....... 🙂

December 3, 2008 at 12:26 am |
  120. Mizz

That's stupid!
    I think it's a worst way to punish people. They won't understand what was bad. If they did this kind of punishment, they might think that listening to rock was bad. Judge just didn't like rock, that's all. He had to warn them not to play so loud, then they might have understood. And if they don't, he just could call parents or somebody who is able to force them. Or just say that you would be in jail if you did again.
    That choice was the most stupid of all.

December 3, 2008 at 8:28 am |
  121. Ella

Why would they do that how ruddddde! 😦

December 3, 2008 at 8:44 am |
  122. monkey

oh Carl ur so silly.

December 3, 2008 at 8:48 am |
  123. Jo

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! THAT IS TORTURE! THIS IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 3, 2008 at 9:49 am |
  124. clark

I think that it was cruel and unusual punishment to make those people listen to Barry Manelow, but Barney the dinosaur is the worst.

December 3, 2008 at 9:49 am |
  125. Brittany

I think it was a good idea to have that punishment for the kids who played loudly.

December 3, 2008 at 9:51 am |
  126. Matthew

Most of that music would be torture, but Come Sail Away with a cartoon voice? I would kill (bugs that is) to get my hands on that!

December 3, 2008 at 10:27 am |
  127. chelsi

god i watched that show i wouldn't be able to sit in that room[because i'm cluster fobic] let alone listen to that to that music that's what my step dad would listen to

December 3, 2008 at 10:46 am |
  128. Matt

There mad!!!➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯➯MAD
    i like cheese.

December 3, 2008 at 11:36 am |
  129. Jon

Personally, I would have made them listen to other people's reaction to thier horrible music and give them a bit of a reality check

December 3, 2008 at 12:29 pm |
  130. Brittney

I think that having to listen to Barney and other boring music is actually a very good idea, because in all truth who would want to listen to that stuff anyway. Teens who suffer other people for listening to things they don’t want to listen to should be treated in the same way.

December 3, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  131. KASH!NA

That sucks that they have to listen to that annoying music, but at the same time i think that it is an appropriate punishment.

December 3, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  132. tyler

I think the band should of got a warning cause that’s the dumb part like the band said there just going to rock out again or whatever they said but at the same time I think they should have gotten in trouble but not like that they should of just had done community service or something but that’s dumb I know they said they lost track of time

December 3, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  133. Megan Marie

I loved the facial expression of the people being punished it was hilarious! I think that the punishment is very well deserved. I have a neighbor who has a garage band it's so annoying that he plays at 1 in the morning at times my dad has called the cops and they still continue to do it. I think that this punishment should be something they use in my town due to all the garage band noise. I think that those people would get the message if they used it in my community.

December 3, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  134. cherry

that was great! nothing better than be torchured to death by barney,the most lovable child icon of all time

December 3, 2008 at 12:54 pm |
  135. ~Katie~

I feel that this is a great punishment. I believe that you should not have had been playing it to loudly and you wouldn't have to be punished like that. I also believe that is what other people thought of when you were playing there music so you should have to go though the pain too.

December 3, 2008 at 1:21 pm |
  136. Jessica

I think that it was a good idea, but I think that it was weird. I would have hated to be the adults saying there having to listen to the boring music. I think that if I was the band that I would never play the music loud next time.

December 3, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  137. L*OG@N

I think it's a good idea that the kids have a punishment because I wouldn't want to be up al night listening to my neighbors play there music as loud as they can. If Barney is a way to make them learn there lesson then I say go for it.

December 3, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  138. Grace

If I had to listen to that horrible music that makes my blood pressure go up in frustration I would seriously pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!! But because it's not mine I think that this is a very good punishment for disturbing others in there neighborhood.

December 3, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  139. Kira

I think that this is a good idea becasue kids get what they deserve. Its funny that the kids have to listen to that music. but i wonder how barry mantelo would feel if he knew that his music was played as punishment.

December 3, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  140. Matt

I think that they should have given them a warning and if they just ignored it then give them the punishment of that music and they should have listened to it longer .

December 3, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  141. Megan

I think the punishment was ridiculous. They should have had a warning first because they didn’t mean to disrupt other people. It was just to celebrate their dad’s birthday. I don't like that style of music but people are just rude if they want to take away the entertainment to celebrate someones birthday. The music for the punishment wasn’t that awful either. I would have laughed through it if it was my punishment or tried to sing along with it just to pass the time. It wouldn’t really teach me a lesson I would just try to pay attention to the time.

December 3, 2008 at 1:39 pm |
  142. *TRENIQUE*

I would Love to be punished with music because I love all kinds of music. Even if its loud, its a funny punishment, that I would want to be punished with. Even if I wouldnt like the music its better then getting a lunch detention, so its a good punishment.

December 3, 2008 at 1:48 pm |
  143. Jordan

I think it would be kind of cool to be able to hear different songs that you would most likely not listen to on a daily basses. In my family we listen to different music every day.

December 3, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  144. Becca

I think this is a great way to get people to notice laws and then people would respect them and follow them. The songs were a little childish but thats the fun of seeing adults and teens having to sit through this. The members deserved this punishment and hopefully they will follow the laws.

December 3, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  145. Maverick

I thought it was pretty funny what they had as a punishment my class laughed about it.

December 3, 2008 at 3:19 pm |
  146. Zack

I find that actually very funny that THAT is the law! I approve that this is a good punishment. Although there is a flaw in that plan, I like all music so I wouldn't be disturbed by it.

December 3, 2008 at 4:38 pm |
  147. cody

i like all kinds of music, so no punishment there.

December 3, 2008 at 5:17 pm |
  148. Matthew

I liked the music a little but all well that ends well

December 3, 2008 at 5:41 pm |
  149. Secret

I think they deserve it because thats music was VERY loud and very horrible music. The baby music was better than their's! It was very funny though.

December 3, 2008 at 6:58 pm |
  150. keith

the q is would u want to lisen to music that u done not like?
    so i think that they sould not do that

December 3, 2008 at 7:06 pm |
  151. Brittany

I think it is a bad thing to put the music up so loud. If I had to sit for a hour hearing songs that I don't like and if I had a chance I would just run without stoping.

December 3, 2008 at 7:52 pm |
  152. cameron

That music sucked.

December 4, 2008 at 9:35 am |
  153. riley

thats a reely dumb punishment. they should just ask them to turn the music down and give them a warning.because everybody listens to the police.

December 4, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  154. JASMINE

wow thats harsh don't ya think classics make them listen to elmo or barney caulio come on the classics thats disrespectful

December 4, 2008 at 11:16 am |
  155. Tanner

they should have just given them a warning, or even a small fine. Punishing them was like punishing a baby or kid for taking a nook from another baby or kid. There was no point to it cause they will still listen or play the music.

December 4, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  156. Sarah

I think they should have got a warning first. And i think that the new punishment thing is a pretty neat idea and i just might work.

December 4, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  157. Tanner

They should have just given them a warning or a small fine. Punishing them was like punishing a baby or kid for taking another baby or kids nook. There was no point to it cause they will still listen or play the music.

December 4, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  158. ooooooooooooo

we think that it was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it almost blew our heads off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but we think they still will be loud....

December 4, 2008 at 6:39 pm |
  159. Anonymous

i listen to my music loudly and it never hurts my ears!!! but my mom says i will go deaf so that would be a punishment! :/

December 5, 2008 at 1:15 pm |
  160. Stephanie

First of all, I'm sorry to Revolving Reverence, who had to listen to that "unique" music. But honestly I would much rather listen to that music than have to pay a fine. I also think it is funny to watch the judge enjoying himself with his clever idea. I am all for bands and rocking out, but maybe find a place where not old grouchy people are at.

December 7, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  161. Julian

Boy those men were strong because I would cry.

December 7, 2008 at 10:26 pm |
  162. victor

He could become a football star or a miracle doctor.........hmm??

thats a tough choice.
    i think he should go for the scholarship....then go get his draft on:)

December 8, 2008 at 10:20 am |
  163. quanesha

i think that it's wrong for people being punished for playing their music to loud because some people who does listen to music loudly could be trying to get a message out to all americans only if everybody would take the time out to pat attention to what their surrounding are.

December 8, 2008 at 10:29 am |
  164. maurice

i think the story was funny because if that would have been me i would have cryed out loud while laughing and they held it in but what a punshment very funny.

December 8, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  165. Nohemi

i think that is the perfect punishment.

December 8, 2008 at 12:44 pm |
  166. Charnae

I think that the story was funny but still i would rather lsten to that kind of music than pay a fine. I also dont think that music is a punishment because i enjoy listening to music.

December 8, 2008 at 6:21 pm |
  167. Cassie

I think that was a very creative punishment, but if I was being punished with it, I would make the best of it and start dancing!

December 8, 2008 at 6:47 pm |
  168. BIllybob

I love barney y would they punsh them with that

December 8, 2008 at 8:37 pm |
  169. LAUREN

LISTENING TO ALL THAT MUSIC WAS JUST SO WRONG. I WOULD RATHER DIE THAN HAVEN TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT.SOME OF THEM MAY HAVE FOUND IT KINDA SOOTHING BUT I FOUND IT TO BE JUST ANNOYING. IF I WAS THEM, I WOULD NEVER PLAY MUSIC LOUD AGAIN.

December 9, 2008 at 8:45 am |
  170. Elizabeth

I tink that it is a good idea but they should play all they little five year old songs that they hate so much. I think that the kids deserved what they got. It should be that way alot more. Maybe then the kids would learn not to play their music so loud.

December 9, 2008 at 12:04 pm |
  171. Ernesto

i think that kid should not be punished this way. parent should remember back when they were teens and remember how they felt when being punished

December 11, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  172. Kayla

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! Barney,birthday songs?!Who is in the right mind would punished a band like this??I mean why not a warning and then MAYBE Barney.It is a good thing they didn't attempt to run off,they would be forced to listen to 2 hours of that stuff!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

December 11, 2008 at 7:22 pm |
  173. Olivia

I'm okay with loud music, I just hope I don't go deaf, if so, great punished. 🙂

December 11, 2008 at 7:54 pm |
  174. Heather

I think that punishing them with barney is a good idea. Now they know what its like to listen to bad music 🙂

December 11, 2008 at 11:41 pm |
  175. Chyanne

I cant stand to listen to music i don't like at all...If it is with in reason then i will try to stand the music. But forget it if i hate it!

December 12, 2008 at 1:01 pm |
  176. megan

I feel bad for those guys I hope they learned their lesson.

December 13, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  177. Lillie

Music is a way to express yourself, its just like when you are listening to the radio and a song comes on you don't like, you change the station, they don't get punished for expressing themselves. Why should anyone else? You are the one who doesn't like it so its your responsibilty to make yourself comfortable.

December 14, 2008 at 3:08 pm |
  178. daytonaa

i feel really sorry for them...i hope they
    never have to go through that again

ohh and by the way Revolving Reverence is a
    great band

December 14, 2008 at 6:41 pm |
  179. Ellie

I like it!! I don't feel sorry for any of them! But I can speak only for myself on this one, I actually liked some of the music that was being played, so in order for it to have it's full effect you may have to do your homework and search for some type of music that is going to be most effective with that particular group.

December 15, 2008 at 12:42 am |
  180. Melissa

HHHHAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that's funny. I'm sorry, but I can't imagine you being in a rockband.

December 15, 2008 at 1:25 pm |
  181. Nathan

Even though the first lady is not elected she still should get paid. The first lady still works and still has a job that she needs to do. If she does not complete that job she gets penalized by the public. Just because she is not elected does not mean she doesn't work. The cabinet members that the president elect will chose gets paid and they weren't elected. The first lady works as hard as any one else in the oval office it should show on her paycheck

December 15, 2008 at 1:40 pm |
  182. Blake

Many people listen to music loud. My brother has gotten many tickets from having his music in his car too loud (thanks to his new sub), but that still doesn't make him turn it down.

December 15, 2008 at 9:40 pm |
  183. QTKatie

I think that, that sounded just like torture......... but then again it would be a pretty good punishment. And the guardians of America should use that against their children

December 16, 2008 at 7:27 pm |
  184. sierra

its not fair but if you want to punish someone at the least play barnie or sesame street
    Sierra

December 17, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  185. Alyssa

I think they should respect people and not blast the music. I think that making them listen to the music was not the best idea. I think another punishment wouldn't be better. Teens wouldn't care. Listening to bad music or rocking out. I know what I would choose

December 20, 2008 at 2:24 pm |