.
November 24th, 2008

SPAM, Turkey, and Monkeys

...maybe the monkeys don't exactly fit here.  After all, they're only serving some of the food mentioned in Tuesday's show.  The turkeys are trying to avoid being on a plate, and for the SPAM, well, I guess it's kinda late.

But whatever you're eating this Thursday (tofu?), we hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving break and have a GREAT time while you're off from school.  We'll be off the air from Wednesday through the weekend, but Monday will find us right back at it, filling up on news after filling up on turkey.

What kind of plans do you have for Thanksgiving?

Filed under: Behind the scenes • News Coverage
  1. D@nielle

My mom and I are going to eat alone this year, so I'm gonna have cornish gane hen.

November 25, 2008 at 12:56 am |
  2. Joyce

We're going to my grandma's house-very big.
    It's kinda in the country,so we'll see all those corns and pumpkins.
    Meeting numerous relatives...
    By the way, our family got a free SPAM pack 'cause my dad works for the company-ot factory.Anyway, we're going to have a great time

November 25, 2008 at 2:04 am |
  3. Tiffany

We're not going to eat turkey, we're going to eat meat made from a goose!! 😀

November 25, 2008 at 2:34 am |
  4. Liv

I'm in the South, we normally eat ham and turkey. Happy Thanksgiving all!

November 25, 2008 at 4:10 am |
  5. Tonio

Enjoy your holidays!!

from Germany, Tonio ;o)

November 25, 2008 at 5:25 am |
  6. melissa

I'm going to put up my Christmas lights and eat with my family.

November 25, 2008 at 7:01 am |
  7. Todd

On thanksgiving i plan on having a lazy day and eating a whole lot of turkey and playing vidoegames.

November 25, 2008 at 10:00 am |
  8. justin

im just going to hang around my house and eat turkey

November 25, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  9. Tyler

i can't what for thanks giving it is one of my favorite holidays yum yum.

November 25, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  10. Emmett

The monkey's I think is a good idea cause you really don't even have to pay them just give them a banana so then you don't have to waste as much money. The spam it is too late to bring it out should of done t like a month ago o something.

November 25, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  11. Shaun

My plans for this Thanksgiving is to stay home and eat ham with my family and watch the football game.

November 25, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  12. Devon

Well on Thursday I am going to my Grandmas house to have thanks giving dinner with my family. Then after that on friday and the weekend I am going to hang out with my friends.

November 25, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  13. Brandon

That was cool that the money was in a store doing thing, and I'm going to eat a big turkey this year at a good place. I'm going grandpa house to eat. Spam is ok to eat but I like spam a lot.

November 25, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  14. Tyler

I think that the idea of letting monkeys serve people is crazy. What happens if one decides to grab some ones hair or something, thats a law suit waiting to happen.

November 25, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  15. Jordan

On Thursday I am going to my Aunt and Uncles on my dads side to eat dinner with them. Then I am going back to my moms on Friday and having dinner with my family there. Over the weekend I am going to Muskegon to visit my sister and her boyfriend.

November 25, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  16. Rath

I think SPAM is awesome and I wish there were turkeys made of it. For Thanksgiving I am going to my aunts house. She makes the best turkey in the world.

November 25, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  17. Samantha

I think that spam isn't that good. Plus the Spam doesn't look that good anyways.

November 25, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  18. christina

I think that the monkeys surving the sushie is cute,but very unsantary because of the condintions of the food the food is out in the open so the food is really easy to contanimate,

November 25, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  19. LeAndra

For thanksgiving I am going to my grandams with my hole family even my cousins. And we are going to eat turkey and lots of other things. And we will prouble play game to.Thats what I am doing for thankgiving.

November 25, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  20. cindy

Monkeys are great. But having them serving food? No.

November 25, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  21. Krista

I loved the monkeys. They are so cute and I think they would attract more people to eat at there place. I really think the monkeys are a good idea and I think it is a good why to have them interact with people.

November 25, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  22. Lindsey:)

I think that the monkeys working in the cafe is a really good idea. NOt only will it make more customers want to come and see them but it will make them want to come back too. To me its a good idea to have to monkeys working the cafe

November 25, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  23. br00ke

I have a twin brother and us including the rest of our family are going up to a different state. Apparently we have some cousins that we've never met and they're also twins but they are both boys so they will probably be hanging out with my brother the whole time. I am going to be so bored.

November 25, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  24. jalen

The monkeys should be just fine seeing how there DNA is only slightly different from our own. So with that they are almost like us.

November 25, 2008 at 10:37 am |

I am going to my grandparents house. My grandpa was diagnosed with lung cancer and were doing as much as we can to keep him happy for the holidays.

November 25, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  26. Jon

This thanksgiving my family will be coming over and we will have a large feast of epic proportions.

November 25, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  27. Kyle

I dont think its a bad idea to have a monkey serving people as long as it works out and is trained, and it will become a big thing were it will attract the people to come back again. I am looking forward to my thanksgiving alot, mmm turkey!

November 25, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  28. kyle

This Thanksgiving my fam bam is coming over and we are going to have a big turkey dinner. Then after dinner, we get to have all the delicious pies that my grandma makes.

November 25, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  29. Alicia

I have plans to go to my grandma's house for thanksgiving and then maybe go to my boyfriend's family's get together later that evening to have double the food. Boy oh boy I am going to be so full.

November 25, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  30. Kailie

On thanks giving I go over to my cousin and her fiancé’s house. Her husband Shin is Japanese.
    A regular thanks giving with them is Sashimi, rice, pot stickers, and dumplings. And everything is home made!
    Plus I get to help out!

November 25, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  31. John

im going to eat with my family at my grandpas house in Kent Washington but I really cant wait for Christmas that’s my fav 

November 25, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  32. Sara

This Thanksgiving weekend I plan to go see my grandparents and all of my family. I love it because I spend the whole day in the kitchen helping with all the food (ok, maybe not the WHOLE day, but it seems like it) but I don’t mind because I like cooking and it does bring our family together more! Happy Turkey Day!!! 🙂

November 25, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  33. Adam

This Thanksgiving my church youth group gave Thanksgiving meals to poor families in my county. It feels really good when you do the right thing.

November 25, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  34. KASH!NA

I'm staying at home and eating Turkey dinner with my Mom, Dad, and sister. I'm most excited for all of it since I love food. This holiday was invented just for me 🙂

November 25, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  35. Jacob

I plan on getting up really early and getting ready to go. Then I will go to my great grandmothers house to eat lunch. Maybe even cheer for the Titans to win over the lions to make my dad mad! Then I will go to my grandfather and grandmothers house (who are my neighbors) and stuff myself again! Then I will go home and play video games for the rest of the night!! YEAH!!

November 25, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  36. Jenny

I'm going to go see my grandparents and have dinner with them, and my sister is coming home from LA, so I'll be seeing her. All in all, it seems like it's going to be a pretty good thanksgiving. :]

November 25, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  37. Nick

My plans for thanksgiving is I’m going to my dads and getting some relatives together and just have a dinner. I am pretty excited because its thanksgiving and I also haven’t been to my dads in a long time.

November 25, 2008 at 11:04 am |
  38. mariah

The plans we have for thanksgiving is going to my uncles house in jackson and there are going to be everybody almost so there are going to be a lot of people there and i don't want to go because its not like i am wanted at there house.

November 25, 2008 at 11:05 am |
  39. kayla

I am going t my uncles house and my sisters and I are going dirt biking… as for the food I’m not big on turkey but I love rolls and mashed potatoes.

November 25, 2008 at 11:05 am |

im going to eat with my family at my grandpas house in Kent Washington but I really cant wait for Christmas that’s my fav only because of santa.......cuz hes real

November 25, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  41. Lacey

I plan to spend the day with my family and help with the Turkey feast. The turkey will be cooked in a rotisserie oven which is my absolutely favorite way to make it. I will probably be the one making the desserts because thats one of the best parts. If so i will make Better than Robert Redford cake. I can't wait to cut into our turkey. Dark meat is my favorite so i lay claim to one of the legs!

November 25, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  42. Olivia

SPAM, Turkey, and Monkeys:
    I have a couple of things that I am doing for Thanksgiving. First of all, On Thanksgiving day, my whole entire family is going to my Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Greg's house for Thanksgiving dinner. Then, after that my little cousins, Cole and Cody, are going to come back to my house and spend the night. Then, the day after Thanksgiving, my mom is taking me and my friend Taylor to the mall to go shopping. Then, Taylor is spending the night at my house over the weekend.

November 25, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  43. Megan Marie

My plans for Thanksgiving are going over to my grandparents’ house. All my relatives are going to be there. The tradition is we (all my cousins 21 and under) all sit around the kids table while the adults sit in the other room. We eat dry turkey because it's always over cooked and gravy which is oozing with raisins... yummy. Then we come into the other room and enjoy a slice of the Costco bought pies that's the best part.

November 25, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  44. Xitlali

OMG... I would so want a monkey at my thanksgiving table. What I'm having well The usual . turkey mash potahos ... It's all good. But I really like the monkey idea

November 25, 2008 at 11:12 am |
  45. ~Sarah~

I dont think i am not going to do much.I will probably just go to my grandma's. And a few other family members houses...That is it...

November 25, 2008 at 11:26 am |
  46. Blake

I think I will be chilln with both of my parents side of the Familly. We'll prolly eat sum Turkey and do the whole mash potatoes, gravy, Stuffing, Cranberry sauce (GROSS!!!), LAST BUT NOT LEAST we will have our spam which I also think is gross. Oh and I will mos def be skating with the krew. Chea!

November 25, 2008 at 12:26 pm |
  47. Brianne

For this Thanksgiving I am driving down to Oregon to see my family. It is my second Thanksgiving with my dad’s side of the family, so I am very excited. We have the traditional meal, with turkey and mashed potatoes. It is supposed to be a sunny day, so I will enjoy this Thanksgiving very much.

November 25, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  48. kylie

i am going to eat dinner with my family & after dinner i want to go see twilight but mostly i will just hangout all day & wait to eat 🙂

November 25, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  49. Ryan

For thanksgiving i plan on eating as much food as i can then sit on the couch and watch tv with my family and friends.

November 25, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  50. Matt

We are having Thanksgiving at my house with all of my family and i actually get to do most of the cooking. Spam, well i have never tried it but my dad likes it.

November 25, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  51. Kira

This thanksgiving I plan to sit back and relax. The holidays will be great to get everyone’s mind off of all the chaos in the ecomony.

November 25, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  52. Jessica

I'm actually going to my grandma's house, and we're going to have a real turkey, not some tofu-turkey imitation or SPAM (good lord, I hate that stuff!). I'm going to stay at my grandma's for Friday and then I'm coming back home so I can have another thanksgiving dinner/lunch with my closest friends.

November 25, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  53. josh

my plans is to spend time with my son and family over at my grandmas house and watch the seahawks and watch your hero in their own way program

November 25, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  54. Emerson

I don’t know why people don’t like SPAM, I love it. For thanksgiving, maybe not on the table. I’m looking forward to seeing my family on thanksgiving along with some friends

November 25, 2008 at 12:33 pm |
  55. CJ

My plans for thanksgiving is to go over to my Grandpas house and eat dinner there and then I am going over to my Grandmas to cook her dinner, probably wont eat that dinner because my Grandpa makes a lot of food that is really good so after his house I'm usually stuffed for like a week.

November 25, 2008 at 12:33 pm |
  56. Aurora

I think the whole spam thing seems a little silly, maybe its because I am a vegetarian. But for those who can’t afford a turkey it’s a good idea. My plans for this thanksgiving season, is to spend it with my grandmother. She is really sweet and the food she makes is even sweeter!

November 25, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  57. Joe

We are all going to my grandparent’s house for thanksgiving dinner there is also a possibility for after dinner demolition if we decide to tear down a wall.

November 25, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  58. Shelby

My plans for this thanksgiving are the same as every year; I will go to my grandma's house and eat a lovely feast of food with my whole family. Yum yum!!!! Can't wait 🙂

November 25, 2008 at 12:35 pm |
  59. NICOLE

I think that the monkey is not sanitary for the restaurant but cool. I love animals.

November 25, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  60. Nicole

I’ve already celebrated my Thanksgiving on Sunday. I went to my Aunt’s house in Seattle and I had a huge dinner with all of my family. It was the first Thanksgiving I have ever spent with my Uncle Dave so it was extra special, plus some people who haven’t come to our family functions came over for awhile some didn’t stay for dinner but the made and appearance so we all got to say hello. There was so much food there was two kinds of everything because my Uncle Scott has to have gluten free food so he has to have special food. On Thursday I’m going to stay home and work on my school work.

November 25, 2008 at 12:36 pm |

ive never tried span before but im willing to try and for thanksgiving, all im going to be doing is probly having neighbors coming over with the family and having dinner.

November 25, 2008 at 12:37 pm |
  62. sammi

I love sPam
    and I love turkey

November 25, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  63. Sammie

Spam is weird. But I will be going to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Thanksgiving...not really looking forward to it, so I’m bringing Twilight and New Moon!!!! 😀 Then I don’t have to worry about a dog getting more attention than a human being!!! Dumb family.......hahaha

November 25, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  64. Jon

I like turkey and I like spam, but i don't eat turkey anymore after my dad got in a car accident on thanksgiving becasaue all the turkey we eat.

November 25, 2008 at 12:43 pm |
  65. Benjamin

I cant wait untill we eat yum yum

November 25, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  66. Cailie

I think that that is pretty cool how the monkey know what they are doing. I think that eating SPAM is NASTY and well gross but i quess if you are starving that SPAM would be good to eat. I wish that if iI was a Turkey that I would be saved by the president.Cailie:0

November 25, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  67. karlz

I think that SPAM will make a good come back because with the economy and everything else going on in the country like the new president and everything I think that SPAM will be a big sucsess!!

November 25, 2008 at 4:52 pm |
  68. karlz

I am going to have a big Thanksgiving I think... I usually go to my grandma Lucy's house, my grandma's house, my two nana's houses, my mom, etc... I am really excited to stay here for Thanksgiving because I really don't travel that much so I would be really new to it...

November 25, 2008 at 4:55 pm |
  69. Molly

I am like in love with turkey, my whole family is. I am like so totally excited about this Thanksgiving because we're having an awesome turkey dinner........... obviously............ I don't think I'll like spam though, it sounds so totally nasty, and the name. What is up with that? Anyway I wonder when Carl Azuz is going to put a video of that man who flew over the Grand Caynon with a jet pack full of hydrogen poroxide on CNN Student News that would be pretty cool. I wonder if that was even legal? He didn't even have a back up parachute and he like totally survived. A MIRACLE. Anyway if you want to see this man flying over the Grand Caynon with a jet pack go to http://www.cnn.com and search jet packs and then click on 'Jet pack pilot jumps gorge.' Totally cool.

November 25, 2008 at 5:30 pm |
  70. Sara

Hey Carl, Happy Thanksgiving! I just wanted to say....nice sweater, very festive. 😛 My favorite Thanksgivng food is actually Ham, especially my Grandmothers. Oink Oink! and Gobble Gobble !

November 25, 2008 at 5:58 pm |
  71. Bak

Turkey is also a very precious animal.
    We shouldn't overeat them, let the business company kill them at a suitable number. Even a single turkey want to live longer as possible as it can.

Everyone, Happy Thanksgiving Holliday!

November 25, 2008 at 8:29 pm |
  72. katie

i think that spm coming back si kinda wierd. but then again i always liked spam but my friends thought that it was gross. but i dont care what they think

November 25, 2008 at 9:33 pm |
  73. Sydney

Well, my dad has a sudden plane trip so we were going to have thanksgiving on Sunday, but he'll be gone so, it's not happening. My mom and I are still making turkey.

November 25, 2008 at 9:43 pm |
  74. Ogo

I think that Japanese restaurant is so cool. I think making monkeys work in a restaurant is one of the smartest ideas the Japanese have made and they have made alot of smart ideas. As long as the monkeys have fun then I believe it's okay. The Japanese rule and I hope they can also fix their economy!

November 25, 2008 at 10:02 pm |
  75. Natasha

this weekend i will be going to seymor, clarksville, and my grandparents house right here. i will be eating turkey, cleaning the chicken coop , watching football and playing board games! in my english class we had to give speaches why people shouldnt eat turkey. The funny part is that we had to dress up like a turkey!!! GOOBLE GOBBLE

November 26, 2008 at 6:43 am |
  76. Nicole

The show is a great place to talk about impotant issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  77. Tyler

I think letting monkeys serve people is absolutley.............crazy, but i would like to see monkeys serve..............welll.........idk

November 26, 2008 at 11:53 am |
  78. sam

Turkey and spam are good, but how do they make spam anyway.

November 26, 2008 at 11:55 am |
  79. Jake

Hey Tal i love monkeys, turkeys, and some SPAM

November 26, 2008 at 11:56 am |
  80. Eric

Your show rocks I love watchin it
    keep comin with the puns!!!!!!!

November 26, 2008 at 11:56 am |
  81. ~ME~

I WILL PROBALLY GO OUT WITH COUSINS LIKE I DO ALL THE TIME.........HAGTH..............ME.........

November 26, 2008 at 11:58 am |
  82. Eric

I've never eatten spam but I love turkey and stuffing. Although Iwould like to try spam it looks good.

November 26, 2008 at 11:58 am |
  83. LJ

Hey everybody whats up wit da monkeys serving people

November 26, 2008 at 11:58 am |
  84. Andrew

I am going to have turkey, with lots of apple sauce, cranberries and some soda

November 26, 2008 at 11:59 am |
  85. Matthew

I don't quite see why people are letting monkey's serve their food to them. I would only if a saw a sign that said "staff must wash hands." Then'll might let them serve my food. Also why does everybody eat turkey on Thanksgiving?? Why don't we eat steak!!

November 26, 2008 at 11:59 am |
  86. Megan

Your news rocks, and love the theme for everyday you are doing. Have a great holidays and Happy Thanksgiving.

from California, Megan

November 26, 2008 at 12:00 pm |
  87. EMILY :o

who trained that monkey?

November 26, 2008 at 12:01 pm |
  88. jose

i love turkeys we use to hunt dem back were i use 2 live in sweet home alabama

November 26, 2008 at 12:02 pm |
  89. Jacob

I liked this one a lot and I hope This will keep up or I will not watch it any more

November 26, 2008 at 12:02 pm |
  90. ryan

this site is the bomb

November 26, 2008 at 1:01 pm |
  91. steven

i hope i have a thanksgiving i cant wait to spend it wih my sister wow i am so happy.

November 26, 2008 at 5:06 pm |
  92. jamie

wow i love thanksgiving cant wait to spend it

November 26, 2008 at 5:07 pm |
  93. meg

we were supposed to go to Florida for thanksgiving but we can't because my grandpa wants to have turkey day dinn er with him so now were only going to have a 4 peson dinner, but it's okay because im with everyone i love.

November 26, 2008 at 6:34 pm |
  94. Lindsey

This thanksgiving im going to my uncles house for turkey with all of the fixings. Yet i will probable have to deal with my little cousins. I love them but they can be beggers to go to the park every thanksgiving. So my thanksgiving will be filled with food, family, and parks.

November 27, 2008 at 12:54 am |
  95. Bayan

That spam stuff sounds gross, I would never let my mom buy that. I ant believe that one lady eats it raw!!! By the way, those monkies ar eadorable.

November 27, 2008 at 1:18 pm |
  96. Jasmine

hi Carl i really never tasted spam before...........for thanksgiving im going to my grandmothers house.my family is coming over and we will be having turkey and everything u can imagine well happy thanksgiving

November 27, 2008 at 5:15 pm |
  97. :-:-:Brandy-:-:-:

that would be so awesome to be able to have a monkey serve food to you. SWEET!!!

November 27, 2008 at 9:47 pm |
  98. :-:-:Brandy-:-:-:

Iwennt ot my aunts and had a delish lunch/ dinner and all we did was talk about sports and the cowboys!!

Go COWBOYS!(they won by the way)

November 27, 2008 at 9:49 pm |
  99. Tonio

The mentioning of Monty Python in this article resulted in watching many sketches on YouTube...

November 28, 2008 at 1:05 am |
  100. Tiffany

I am going to cape cod, and I am eating with my grandparents, and my mom's entire family. I am a vegitarian, so I have everything but turkey

November 28, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  101. spencer

i am going to eat alot of pie and stuffing and alot of fun with my family

November 29, 2008 at 5:56 pm |
  102. Celestine

I think monkeys serving us is great. It allows them to feel important in our lives and their uniforms are so adorible.

December 1, 2008 at 8:14 pm |
  103. Amy

well i go to my grandparents, then get my little brothers from my dads, and then go back with my mom and have more TURKEY!!!!

December 2, 2008 at 10:51 am |
  104. mike

it could culas half prumbluns

December 2, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  105. Danielle

I think the monkey's will get hair and stuff in there food.........NASTY!!!!

December 2, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  106. Matthew

I thought this show was interesting. But wether you food is served by a monkey or your ant hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

December 4, 2008 at 9:38 am |
  107. Rakya

Hi. My name is Rakya and i think that it is so cool how the monkeys serve the people. I also feel that it is wrong because the monkeys may feel inslaved and not want to do the task the people make them do>

December 8, 2008 at 10:20 am |
  108. nollie

yuck! SPAM is disgucting! i dont know how people can manage choking it down! it tastes like 100 different kinds of meat plus water mushed up and then put into slabs!! its kinda like cat food in a can! sure smells like it! 😛

-nollie

December 9, 2008 at 7:12 pm |
  109. noah

the title is weird but i don't know whats worse eating MONKEYS or turkey

December 11, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  110. noah

i was wrong the monkeys SERVE the people . AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 at 4:32 pm |
  111. Chyanne

My turkey day was awesome but every time i took a bite i thought of the cute ones running around the town!! As for the SPAM thing, YUCK!! But hey what comes back comes back!

December 12, 2008 at 12:15 pm |
  112. xochitl

the old lady need to retired

December 12, 2008 at 7:31 pm |
  113. Lillie

For Thanksgiving I went to my boyfriends house. I've never been away from my home on a holiday. I had a good Thanksgiving but I did miss my family. Holidays are for family I now know that.

December 14, 2008 at 3:11 pm |
  114. Kira

I think that spam is disgusting, but those who cannot afford real meat derseve a substitute. For something so disgusting it definatly needs to be cheap.

December 16, 2008 at 12:41 pm |