November 12th, 2008

Texting while Driving?!

On the list of bad ideas, this one's right up there with cow tipping.  (Never done that, but if I'm ever running with bulls, I'd better be in Spain.)

Even though teens really take the heat in Thursday's report, I've definitely seen older, corporate types fiddling with their Blackberries while driving, responding to their e-mail.

I KNOW you've passed people on the road who've had trouble controlling their cars just because they're talking on cell phones.  Isn't it a much worse idea to text?  If you do it while you're behind the wheel (or if you've ever done it before), tell us why.

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Brandon aka Moose

I think it is a bad idea to text while driving because IT'S VERY DANGEROUS!!!! Man my mom does not do that I know. If you want to text ride along with a person not drive and don't enen talk on a cellphone while driving it is not safe at all!!!

November 12, 2008 at 10:00 pm |
  2. Allison

it is a bad idea to text or talk on the phone while driving
    because it seems so dangerous, i never knew people did it before!!!
    they should make it illegal if they want americans to be safe
    never never do that even if there is a traffic jam

November 13, 2008 at 3:56 am |
  3. Oscar

i think its a good thing that they are paying attention to the fact that texting while driving is bad but there is no reason to make it not illegal thats going to far but it's still a good idea. 🙂

November 13, 2008 at 7:07 am |
  4. Nihar

Some people might think that texting while driving is perfectly safe and what better time to do it since you don't have any other time just walking around your house having nothing to do. Come on! It is crazy enough having people talk on their cellphones while driving, but texting? Try to use some common sense people!

November 13, 2008 at 7:59 am |
  5. Beau

I think this is a good law because it probably causes a lot of the crashes. It also could be a a hazard for people crossing the street or at intersections .

November 13, 2008 at 9:24 am |
  6. Anna

I think that it is a very bad idea to text while driving because you might focus on that, and then if you text, you take your hands off the wheel, which is even worse.

November 13, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  7. Sean

I think that if you text while driving it just proves even more that some kids just aren't ready to drive and should get there license revoked for being immature.

November 13, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  8. brittani

I think that people shouldn't drive because you could get into an accident and possibly die but I do have to agree that " NOBODY SHOULD DO THAT AT ALL" it is just bad.

November 13, 2008 at 9:26 am |
  9. kathleen

I think that texting while driving is a very bad idea. I agree with Carl on this one and the don't have a very good mind.

November 13, 2008 at 9:26 am |
  10. Zack

I feel that you should never text while driving although if there is someone in the passengers seat then they can text for you (calling people is OK though).

November 13, 2008 at 9:26 am |
  11. Alex

i think its very bad to txt while driving...... and dangerous.

November 13, 2008 at 9:27 am |
  12. Addie

I know my mom texts while she drives and it is really scary!
    I agree that texting while driving should be illegal because it is very unsafe!

November 13, 2008 at 9:27 am |
  13. yani

i think it's good because it's dangerous to drive so you will not crash

November 13, 2008 at 9:28 am |
  14. Brandon

Texting is definietly much worse than taling on the phone while driving because the person has to concentrate harder on imputting the correct letter or number, while they're supposed to be concentrating on the road.

November 13, 2008 at 9:43 am |
  15. christina

Texting wile driving is a stupid way to get your self killed dont do it and you wont have to worry about it.

November 13, 2008 at 9:52 am |
  16. Alexander

If your behind the wheel and your texting, how can you drive. One or two hands are needed to text. One or two hands are needed to control the wheel. How does that work. I think it means you'll crash.

November 13, 2008 at 9:57 am |
  17. Devin

i think that it is bad to text while driving

November 13, 2008 at 10:00 am |
  18. Crystal

Texting while driving is a bad thing people should not text while they drive because the people that do it not only put themselves in danger but they put other people on the road in danger.

November 13, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  19. Tyler

i think that texting while driving should be elegal in all states. no mater what.

November 13, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  20. Corey

I think people should not text while driving but if they get an important call they should answer.

November 13, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  21. Madeline

I personelly think that it is not exactly the smartest thing to do while driving i guess what i am saying is WATE don't answer a text until you reach your destination. thats the smartest thing to do i'm not saying that your not aloud to call anyone or text anyone all i'm saying is just wate till you get out of the car or till you stop

November 13, 2008 at 10:01 am |
  22. Todd

I think that texting while you are driving is pretty much one of the dumbest things you can do when you get your lisence. Constnatly looking down at your cell phone causes more accidents than you think, if you have to use your cell phone at all while driving you should call someone at least that way you can look at the road.

November 13, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  23. Taylor

I think that teens shouldn't text while driving because they usually aren't ready to drive as it said on the show.

November 13, 2008 at 10:02 am |
  24. Emmett

I don't think it is a good idea to text while you are driving you need to put the phones down and drive so then no one get hurts. It is a big risk that I am not going to take nobody should do this while they are driving. That is how I feel with texting and driving at the same time.

November 13, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  25. Jordan

I think it is a bad idea to text while driving. It causes a lot of people to not pay any attention to the road or the cars around them. It also causes accidents. I have never texted while driving because I don't drive yet. But I do text people and when I get older I am going to not text while I am driving.

November 13, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  26. Nick

I think that texting while driving is very dumb. One main reason is that you are risking your life that much more. That is why texting behind the wheel is defiantly not a good idea.

November 13, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  27. shaun

i think that if you are going to text then text on the red lights and stop signs don't do it while driving. You are putting your life at risk and others lives at risk.

November 13, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  28. sam

Because it is multitasking and it ifun

November 13, 2008 at 10:05 am |
  29. Tyler

I think that teen drivers are already distracted enough. They just got their license and and they probably are driving w/ friends so texting is a little over the top.

November 13, 2008 at 10:05 am |
  30. Mitch

I think banning the text while driving is good cause then you don't have to worry about as much crashes on the road and the deaths it leaves.

November 13, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  31. Brittany

I think that texting while driving should be illegal in all states. Just the other day my mom and I almost got in a car wreck because some guy was doing something on his cell phone. Not as many accidents would be taking people life's if texting and talking on your cell phone while driving was illegal.

November 13, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  32. Josh

Texting while driving is a very bad idea. Thats another good way to get in a wreck. Even talking on the phone while driving is a bad idea. but then texting takes your mind off of everything so you should just drive the car!!

November 13, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  33. Drew D

I think it is a bad idea to text while driving because IT'S VERY DANGEROUS!!!! It just not safe to text while driving.

November 13, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  34. morgan

I think it's a good idea to put a law against texting while driving because it will help the teens be more focused on the road instead of finding out who is going out with who.

November 13, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  35. jakob

Texting and driving is not smart at all. Why text someone and drive it takes your mined off driving and that's when you run the red light or hit that tree. So just don't do it and you might just live a little bit longer.

November 13, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  36. Scott

I wouldn't do it it's pretty stupid to risk your life when you can stop on the side of the road and just call the person who you were going to text.

November 13, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  37. maddison

I think that it is okay for people to text while driving as long as they are careful, and still paying attention to the road. But then again it is very dangerous, because if they are to busy texting to people then they wont be paying attention to the road at all, and then they could get into a crash.

November 13, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  38. Shawn

I think that texting while driving should be illegal because its just stupid because you could die in a car accident

November 13, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  39. Rath

I think it is worse to text than to talk on phones. With phones you can still look at the road, but when you text you have to look away. Texting while driving should be illegal in ALL states.

November 13, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  40. alleshouse

I dont talk or text will driving. At my friends house we drive up the road and throw the woods. But its dumb to do that, some people have enough trouble driving there car because little kids screaming in the back. I drove once on my phone but I told them "ill call them back when i pull over or get out of the truck" so i would not hit nothen for my friends and mine safety. Also when u are drive recluse your putting other peoples life in danger. so if u have a call coming in pull over an answer it.

P.S Its not that had to now that im only 15

November 13, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  41. Brady

I think they should banned texting when driving, if it will save peopleʻs lifeʻs then I donʻt see why not.

November 13, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  42. Devon

I think it is a bad idea because some people die because of talking on your cell phones or texting.

November 13, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  43. Samantha

I think all states make texting while driving should be illegal because you can get in a car crash.

November 13, 2008 at 10:14 am |
  44. LeAndra

I think yea it is a bad thing to text while driving down a rode . Like for example if you are texting it could get you in a car reck or it ruyner your life. Thats what i think about texting.

November 13, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  45. br00ke

My mom talks on the phone while driving and I always yell at her to stop. I guess I'd rather have her on the phone with her eyes on the road than texting with her eyes off of the road. I still don't like seeing her or anyone else get distracted and put peoples lives in danger. The road should always get 100% of your attention, it's not worth someone getting hurt over.

November 13, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  46. Dylan

My step dads friend is so good at it he doesn't have to look at letters to be able to type,on the other hand i can't so i don't think we should be able to because the only way you could be able to text is looking at the letters and most people cannot do that.

November 13, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  47. Kassandra

I think that making texting illegal is a good idea because it is not that important have of the time when people text it isn't important. If people want to be safe they should stop texting while driving because it is not safe when people are texting and driving.

November 13, 2008 at 10:21 am |
  48. jalen

Okay the people that are texting should be punished because honestly you don't need to text its something for just incase and if the parents were smart they would tell the kids not to and if they did take there phone so i believe it should be punished by law if you text while driving.

November 13, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  49. karen

if talking while driving is dangerous then texting would be too. i know a lot of people still text though. i can understand if your in a traffic jam or at a red light, but just driving and texting... ehh i would not want to be in the same car as someone who does.

November 13, 2008 at 10:54 am |
  50. Katey

I wouldn't text while driving. You have to stare at your cell the whole time to make sure you hit the right button, and you can't see the road. Talking while driving, sure. You still have your eyes on the road, though it is kind of stupid. But texting, that's just stupid. Who would be able to do that?

November 13, 2008 at 10:55 am |
  51. Geordan

I think that it should be illegal to text while driving. It should be illegal because you could get in a accident and become parilized or worse. You could also hurt some one else or kill some one else.

November 13, 2008 at 10:56 am |
  52. Sarah

I think that texting should be illegal in every state. It is a dangerous habit to have. Last summer my family's truck was totaled by someone else because she was texting and talking on her cell phone while driving! I have heard more and more car-wreck stories because of this. If you are texting while driving, you are not paying close attention to what is going on in traffic. You could cost someone their life or their car due to some people's need to text. It is dangerous and distracting, and should be illegal in the United States.

November 13, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  53. Chris

I think that texting while driving is a bad thing to do. Texting while driving should be banned in all the states because it is an accident waiting to happen. I think that it is common sense that you shouldn't drive and text at the same time but yet people still do it. I think that if you want to talk to someone then you should talk to them on the phone with them on speaker while you are driving.

November 13, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  54. summer

I think it is a bad idea! Just because you can text and drive dont mean squat. i personally would not like to die before im needed to die. Texting is such a bad idea for drivers.Who ever made texting should re-plan how to text without driving or something. I dont text.

November 13, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  55. Alayna

I don't think that it is right for them to say our brains aren't ready to drive yet. But driving and texting is very dangerous. One day coming into school my brother was texting his girlfriend and he was going about 20-25 mi/hr and he wasn't paying attention to the road and we almost rean into a car stopped for a school bus. So yeah texting is dangerous.

November 13, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  56. Jacob

Yeah it is a much worse idea than talking on the phone. You are now looking at a keypad while driving, making your line of vision less than it was before. You wouldn't be able to see a car coming at you or a deer running across the road. The people who text while driving are more prone to accidents. But if they need to text in like an emergency, maybe they can pull over and text for help.

November 13, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  57. Hannah

It is bad to text while driving because it has caused a lot of car accidents. More people have been dieing because of it. Also people that have texted while driving have caused other people to crash into them and cause the person that wasn't texting there life. I would hate to cause and do something like that.

November 13, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  58. Jasmine

I'm not at legal age to drive but trust me I text doing everything else. And you know some people can text without looking so whats the big deal if their eyes are on the road? I think that it should be your decision whether you text while you're driving. Some people can do it and some can't and if you can't don't it you can go ahead. It's the drivers responsibility to recognize a bad decision when they see one. Leave it up to them. That is how I feel on the whole texting while driving issue.

November 13, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  59. Xitlali

I love texting so for me to stop yeah it won't happen but when it comes to driving I will not use texting at all it is very dangerous. The only thing I would do on a cellphone while driving is talking on it. I think it is a bad idea to text.

November 13, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  60. Seth

Texting is worse than calling because it requires either one or both hands when calling or talking on your phone can use no hands at all. You shouldn't do texting at all when you are driving but it is okay to call people if you have a earpiece for your phone.

November 13, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  61. Kyler

I think that you shouldn't text while driving. they should make it illegal to text and drive. People have a bad time trying to drive anyways. Why should people be able to text while driving that is just stupid.

November 13, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  62. Sydney

I think that texting is a bad idea to do while driving because it is dangerous. I think that it is dangerous because when your texting your worrying about what your sending and what the text is about. Also because your not really watching the road. This is why I think that texting while driving is a bad idea.

November 13, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  63. marissa

I don't think that they should be able to text while driving I have seen and accident that was caused by texting. A guys was cut in half because he was texting and rain into a semi front on. How would you like to see your daughter, son, mom or dad like that (in two pieces).

November 13, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  64. gunnar

I think that we should be able to text at a stop light. We should be able to because it is just like talking on the phone , and you should be allowed to because what if your at a stop light or something i mean that is just the way it is... I guess you just have to have good awareness.

November 13, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  65. Anonymous

i think that texting is bad for everything that goes on. Why? Well if someone is texting on the rosd than they r puting every one in danger.

November 13, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  66. Mckenzie

I think that texting while driving is dangerous but I do not think that it should be illegal. The people who want to make it illegal probably some rich people who have blackberrys and check and respond to their email while driving also. Plus they say that most the teens are not that experienced at driving well some of them are better than the ones who are experienced at driving. So I think that if they want to make illegal for teens it should be illegal for adults to. another thing is that texting is not more dangerous than talking on the phone because most teens can text without keeping their eyes on their phone screen 24-7. When you are talking most people have them little ear pieces and they mess with them all of the time so really talking on the phone is just as bad.

November 13, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  67. Veronica

I think it's totally wrong to text while behind the wheel of a car! I'm not old enough to drive so I can't say that I've done this before. I can say that it's a big percent of the reason why there are so many crashes. Not only that, but if you're going to text while in a car... PULL OVER and then reply!! Please take this thought into consideration when you're about to text while behind the wheel of your AMERICAN car!!!

November 13, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  68. Allison

Texting while driving is a very bad idea and it is very dangerous. I don't think teens or even adults for that matter realize how much danger they are putting themselves in when they are texting on the road. Not only are they putting themselves in danger, but also the lives of drivers and passengers who are trying to pay attention. I think that it should definitely be illegal to text and drive at the same time. It is just way to dangerous.

November 13, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  69. Alexa

I think that they should make it illegal to text while driving, because hello it is dangerous! Just the other day, my family and I were in the car and was following someone, and they were going all over the road and were going really slow. I think that it is really dangerous and they should ban it! People shouldn't be texting while driving because they aren't paying very much attention to the road, and they could get in an accident very easily. They should make it illegal to text while driving.

November 13, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  70. Catherine

I have a cell phone but I can't drive I'm only 14 and I'm taking drivers training next year. I wont be doing it when I do get to drive because it is so dangerous. I wish people would think before they act and think about if what they are doing is dangerous or safe.

November 13, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  71. Katie

I think it should be illegal to txt while driving. It just takes your eyes off the road more than talking on the phone. When my mom is driving and someone txt her she just has me text the person back for her on her phone. Yes texting while driving should be illegal!

November 13, 2008 at 11:04 am |
  72. ~Sarah~

Yes it is a much worse idea. I think it is a much worse idea because if you are driving and talking on it you are looking at the road and you still have a hard time controlling the car. How do you think it will be if you are texting and driving, your not watching the road you are looking at your phone. So if you have a hard time with the talking in cell phones you could kill someone, but if you are texting someone you are not paying attention to you surroundings and next thing you look you and you could be on the other side of the road or you have a better chance of killing someone.I know how it feels for a passenger to be with someone texting and driving it is kind of scary so i take the wheel.

November 13, 2008 at 11:05 am |
  73. amber

I think it is a horrible idea to text while driving because when you are texting you are looking at the cell phone and you are not looking at the road to see where you are going. So if you text and drive you could get into a car accident and get hurt or if its a bad car accident, die, which would be horrible to even think about, or you could run a stop sign or red light and get pulled over by the cops.

November 13, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  74. Kyna

Hello, Yes I am at fault of texting while driving. I Know the dangers behind it but as far as I know I have been careful. Sometimes I really do not Know that i am texting till that I am halfway into the Text. I know that most accidents are caused by sell phones, but I use mine alot to figure out my work life. where and when do they want me. It is not that i mean to pull out my phone on the hiway, it's just teh way it is.

November 13, 2008 at 11:12 am |
  75. Nik

I think you could talk on the phone while driving as long as u r on speaker and you have one of those things you clip into the center consul. but no texting

November 13, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  76. Sayer

My moms friend died in New Jersey in 1994

November 13, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  77. Hannah

I think that they should make a law about texting while driving because it is dangerous and if people didn't text then it might reduce the risk of having an accident on the road.

November 13, 2008 at 11:22 am |
  78. Ellie

I think that Texting while driving is not safe at all and they shouldn't drive while texting.

November 13, 2008 at 11:22 am |
  79. Addie

Teens get addicting to texting. If they make texting illegal then it will lower the rate of car accidents and less texting. I think it will be better.

November 13, 2008 at 11:23 am |
  80. muffin & pinky

we think its a good idea to have it to be a law that you can't text while driving. We think that it will save many very special peoples life!

November 13, 2008 at 11:24 am |
  81. Meriel

I think they should just publicize that bad things could happen if you talk or text while driving. I don't think as many people would do it if u did that and someone might need to do it. Maybe they want to report something to the cops. And I REALLY don't think that they could tell the cops that when the cops are arresting them.

November 13, 2008 at 11:24 am |
  82. Amy

I think that it should because then there would probably be less crashes and more eyes on the road. But then again we should because what if there is an emergency at your house with a babysitter or anything like that. Then you would either get a phone call or a text. So my answer is yes i think it should become a law because there would be less crashes. So it's 50/50

November 13, 2008 at 11:25 am |
  83. Rachel

Well I think it should become a law because a lot car accidents involving teens also involve cell phones. But also if it's an emergency and you have to you shouldn't be arrested or pulled over and if they make it a law too many people would break it. I mean it isn't that hard to put the phone in your lap while texting.
    – ❤ Rachel!

November 13, 2008 at 11:25 am |
  84. Courtney

I think that no matter how old you are, you should not be texting while driving. If you need to text for something really important, like for an emergency, you should pull over to do so. Other than that there should be no exception for texting or communicating with technical gadgets.

November 13, 2008 at 11:26 am |
  85. Asia

I think it is bad to drive will texting because it put them in danguar and the other people on the road.

November 13, 2008 at 12:07 pm |
  86. April

I don't do it anymore because I have a touch screen phone, but when I did txt people it was because I didn't have to look at my phone and I knew right where the keys were located. Now that I have to look I'd never be caught trying to txt.

November 13, 2008 at 12:41 pm |
  87. Kayla

I have never done it but my cousin has and she almost drove us into a sign.I dont think people should text because it is way to dangerous.

November 13, 2008 at 1:03 pm |
  88. Tenasia

Alright Brotha let me tell you allitle somthin somethin. If they ban texting up here in Philly I swear they best move themselves away from me.

November 13, 2008 at 5:28 pm |
  89. Adam

I think that it is a bad to text while you are driving is because now with all the new gadgets that teen's have they get addicted to texting. If they make texting illegal then it will lower the rate of car accidents and less texting. I think it will be better If they make texting illegal then it will lower the rate of car accidents and less texting.you have a hard time controlling the car.and if you’re going to text while in a car,PULL THE CAR OVER...That is how I feel on the whole texting while driving issue.

November 13, 2008 at 5:36 pm |
  90. star

DONT DRIVE WHILE TEXTING...

November 13, 2008 at 5:43 pm |
  91. Lizzie

I think texting should be illegal in all of the states. Texting is alot worse than talking because you need to look down alot more to see if your speeling things right. There is a diffence is taling on the cell phone though, you can a least watch the rode. Still if your in heavy trafic or in the city you shouldn't really talk. If your in the middle of nowhere and then talking isn't all that bad as long as you watch the rode.

November 13, 2008 at 5:49 pm |
  92. J.T.

I think it should be illegal, but people are still going to do it. Maybe, if it is an URGENT text, you should pull over to the side of the road.

November 13, 2008 at 6:33 pm |
  93. Jordyn

YEAH who big idea was to start that trendish thing anyway ya know? Lik i dont care where u txt but DONT do while driving!!!

November 13, 2008 at 6:39 pm |
  94. jessica

i think that people that talk on phones anyway are stupid

November 13, 2008 at 6:54 pm |
  95. Kelsey

To me as a teenager i think it is a really bad idea to even be talking on your phone while driving. some people say "well then i will just get a blue tooth" yeah you could but not all your attention is still on the road. i think using phones in general while driving should be illegal.

November 13, 2008 at 6:55 pm |
  96. Papi

I like the idea I do it all the time.

November 13, 2008 at 6:59 pm |
  97. jessica

i think that texting while driving is dangerous,but i don't think that it should be illegal because then it wouldn't be as fun as seeing people trying to do it.I think that some of the people that try it should get a tiket because it could kill the person in the passenger seat or the person in the other vehicle.

November 13, 2008 at 7:03 pm |
  98. Sven

It is a very dangerous thing to do. If you cant look at the road, you shouldent be doing it at all. You could kill someone just because your trying to text some stupid message.

November 13, 2008 at 7:10 pm |
  99. Sven

Even though it is really the wrong thing to do, some teens just have an obsession, even some of the older age group. Its really scary, and should totally be illegal!

November 13, 2008 at 7:12 pm |
  100. cassie

I think banding texting is a good thing... in a few years so they can do research on the subject.

November 13, 2008 at 7:59 pm |
  101. Hill

Dude,
    this is serial why do people feel the need to text while driving? Them crazy teens be like oh i wonder whut up wit my girl friend so they text, then oh whut up wit my other friends so they go on a raid of texting, then when they are searching for a letta on their cell phone they miss a red light and... dead, well i'd ratha not die cuz i typed hi in a cell phone... ok i guess i'm not one to talk cuz i don't have a cell phone and i cant drive but i like to think of myself as a smart person (i have been typing grammatically incorrect on purpose) and i figure that when i get to be drivin i won't text while i'm doing it cuz i value my life but other than that (the reason that it should be a law and not just have the consequences be punishment) it also hurts other people maybe an old lady who was drivin down the road tryin to get to the hospital so she could be with her daughter when she is having open heart surgery or something like that... in a nutshell i think that it should be a law that people cannot text while they drive

November 13, 2008 at 8:19 pm |
  102. Andy

Texting is more dangerous than talking on the phone. You have to look down at your phone to look at the message, then look up seeing if you have avoided an accident. Talking on the phone should be legal, but texting! ILLEGAL!!!

November 13, 2008 at 8:33 pm |
  103. Faustyn

I think texting while driving should be illegal. Texting is much worse than talking on the phone since you can look up while you are talking on the phone. It is a little bit harder to look up while you are texting. It is just unsafe and stupid!

November 13, 2008 at 8:47 pm |
  104. Liz

I think texting while driving is ridiculous. People are getting into car wrecks just because of it! I think it should be illegal in all states and the people should be fined.

November 13, 2008 at 9:02 pm |
  105. Emily

I think texting and driving is horrible! When you text and try to focus on anything it is so hard! Trust me I would know, I text frequently. And when you are trying to study or do homework or even take part in a discussion it is very hard to just really focus on both things. In my opinion I don't think whatever you are trying to text about or to who is more important than your safety on the road!

November 13, 2008 at 9:17 pm |
  106. Amy

I think it's dumb that people would be texting while driving. If they really need to talk to someone that bad, they could just pull over. Otherwise, they should turn off their cell phones and concentrate more on driving.

November 13, 2008 at 9:56 pm |
  107. Kittie

In my opinion, if you text while driving it can put yourself and a lot of other people on the road in danger! I think they should make it illegal in all states. When I turn sixteen, and cause a wreck because of texting my parents would get furious with me! Why would someone wrisk their life just to send a text message?

November 13, 2008 at 10:31 pm |
  108. Jessica

Of course it is bad to text while driving, but some poeple like my older brother – can text with out looking with the phone at his side. So, not everyone can't handle it. What's next? Looking at a map, reading, finding a CD, or eating? Which are all things almost every driver has done.

November 14, 2008 at 6:35 am |
  109. Brooks

I know that texting is fun you should not do it in a car! do it when you get out of the car

November 14, 2008 at 10:29 am |
  110. pop

how can u text wile driving. Unless your driving with you feet! If you're driving why not just drive to the person you want to text. Duh

November 14, 2008 at 10:56 am |
  111. SK8ER YO!

MAN!!!! i can barly sk8board and txt! u dont eve need hands to sk8! i can do a lazor flip... thats really good...

November 14, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  112. Snowman

It is already bad enough that people text a lot. But people texting and driving is horrifying. It should be illegal. I was in a car accident from a person texting while they were driving. Please make it illegal. I was seriously injured in this accident.

November 14, 2008 at 7:04 pm |
  113. annie

Wow I think its no brainier why would you take your eyes off the road on the road but talking with blue tooth is fine

November 15, 2008 at 8:47 pm |
  114. Rebecca

I think more of the states should make that rule also.

November 16, 2008 at 12:01 am |
  115. Alice

Text while driving ARE YOU CRAZY! I would never do that if it was a really bad problem I would call but texing thats Bizare! '

Ps: If you read my blog then I fell happy for all the people who argree with me!

November 16, 2008 at 3:15 pm |
  116. Tiffany

What an awful idea to drive and text at the same time. It's DANGEROUS! If there's no rule saying that you shouldn't text while driving, there should be one!

November 17, 2008 at 6:32 am |
  117. David

Texting while driving is very dangerous, and will cause the driver to lose his control on the vehicle and not see what is ahead of him.

November 17, 2008 at 6:38 pm |
  118. Christina

I think that texting is much worse! My sister got in an accident from texting and would've died if it wasn't for her airbag. But air bag or not texting while driving kills millions of people every year! I think it should be a law not to text while driving everywhere.

November 17, 2008 at 7:50 pm |
  119. Tiana

Never text while your driving is the worst thing you could do.a lot of people have got injured or have died.

November 17, 2008 at 8:01 pm |
  120. Angelina

Texting while driving, who would do it? its just a way of saying "hey get into an accident!"

November 17, 2008 at 8:24 pm |
  121. Aves

I would probably do that although it may not be the right thing I just can't stop texting all my friends
    aves

November 17, 2008 at 11:22 pm |
  122. Aves

but that is soooooooooooooo wrong

November 17, 2008 at 11:23 pm |
  123. Joyce

I think I would do that , even though I would know
    it's really dangerous.
    It's really tempting!

November 18, 2008 at 5:29 am |
  124. Alina

Texting while driving is nuts. It's hard to believe anyone would do something so obviously stupid. They had to put pads on light poles and stuff in England because people were walking into things since they weren't paying attention because they texting. Doesn't that tell people that's a bad sign? You can't get anymore neon light with that one: "People have accidents while walking and texting! Don't text and drive! Instead of running into a light pole you might wake up under a Mack truck!"

November 18, 2008 at 8:01 am |
  125. Hilary

I think it’s a bad idea to text while you drive because you can get into an accident easier

November 18, 2008 at 9:19 am |
  126. Anah

There is nothing worse than texting while driving or talking on a cellular device. Studies have already proven that your reaction time is a lot slower when you are on the phine. Your reaction to things that happen on the road is like a 70 year old person's reaction time. Now add texting to that and you're in a lot worse shape. You are asking for your death when you are doing that. Not to mention you are putting others in danger.

November 18, 2008 at 9:33 am |
  127. Mr. Dodd's first hour class

We think that texting and driving is not safe.

November 18, 2008 at 10:32 am |
  128. Kaitlyn

How can you drive while texting??????? Unless someone is really talented (thought I don't even think that would matter) I don't think anyone would be able to drive while texting. If someone did they would probably get in a car crash.

November 18, 2008 at 11:52 am |
  129. chelsi

texting while driving is just plain STUPID god if we all just put down the cells while we drive we could save a lot a lives.but we can't put the cells down because we act like there apart of our bodies.

November 18, 2008 at 12:01 pm |
  130. Ashley

I think that laws like that are good. These types of laws might ultimately be best for our society which is so dependent on cell phones. Many people may not like them but I think that they should still be passed because the pros outweigh the cons.

November 18, 2008 at 12:29 pm |
  131. kameron/alex

i like texting it is how i keep in to touch with my friends its fun but it is stupid to drive and text unlike ALEX he likes to texts no matter what.

November 18, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  132. Nick

I have definitely texted before while I was driving, and I used to do it all the time. I did it because it’s actually easier for me than trying to talk on the phone and drive, because you can’t really hear sometimes, and I can text without looking at my phone, so it’s not really any more dangerous than regular driving.

November 18, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  133. Tristan

Texting while driving is way to dangerous! I have even seen people shaving while driving. How crazy is that!

November 18, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  134. Nikki

I think that drinking urine and sweat is discusting and I would never, ever drink such a thing. Why would I even?!?

November 18, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  135. Morgan

I think drinking urine is discusting, and how do you know where it's been?!?

November 18, 2008 at 2:50 pm |
  136. Erica

I think that Its OK to text but if your already not supposed to talk on the phone what makes you think its ok to text in the car

November 18, 2008 at 5:57 pm |
  137. Emily

I think it is really dangerous to talk while you are driving and even more dangerous to text while driving. Many people have died from texting while driving and I am not going to be the next.

November 18, 2008 at 7:28 pm |
  138. megan

I am so glad that there paying attention to this subject because alot of younger drivers text while they drive and it could be very dangerous. to anyone any age:(

November 18, 2008 at 7:49 pm |
  139. Megan

Texting while driving isnt a good =thing to do,,,,,, driving is a privilige and you have to be responsible, well not to put harm to anyones or your life.

November 18, 2008 at 8:10 pm |
  140. amira

i know most teens like texting i dont text yet but its a good thing it is agents the law . Because for one who does that two less acedent.

November 18, 2008 at 9:47 pm |
  141. Drew

My dad has a palm phone and has also done this. It drives me CRAZY! One time he was on the way to wok and was reading his email then looked up and cashed into a light pole. It would be a different stoy for better divers, because I think my dad got his license at a wal-mart, but this was a bad idea letting adults read email and even using the internet on web enabled phones.

November 19, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  142. Gabby

It's bad enough when people talk on their phone while driving but texting os just HORRIBLE! First of all, your eyes aren't on the road and second, most of the time when people drive and text some don't even have their hands on the wheel. I think that it will cause a lot more accidents and I think they should make a law banning it.

November 19, 2008 at 9:46 pm |
  143. eric

i think you should not text while driving you could get in a car crash, and all you be looking at is you cell phone not the road

November 20, 2008 at 8:11 am |
  144. Alexis and Hayley

i think people should be asble to talk on the phone but not text

November 20, 2008 at 8:51 am |
  145. Kelsee

I think that if you text and drive then you are just being dumb and they are just putting other people in dauger and that is just dumb for him.

November 20, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  146. ashley

my mom almost got into a wreck because some one was texting and not paying attention. now i am totally against it.

November 20, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  147. hunter

who dosent text and drive come on now silly carl

November 20, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  148. Cayden

First off, Carl, cow-tipping is not a bad idea its pretty fun but thats beside the point. texting while driving is a terrible idea, i will admit i do it but im usually all over the road so i try to keep texting to a minimum. So to all of you texters out there you are not the only car on the road think of the other drivers.

November 20, 2008 at 3:28 pm |
  149. katie

i think that texting is a cool thing bu ti dont think it is very wise to text while driving,DUH it dosent take a rocket scientist to figure that out

November 20, 2008 at 8:41 pm |
  150. Alex

Okay. I'm all for texting in general, but not while driving! This puts just about every person on the road in danger. Any man or woman who does that is a complete LUNATIC!

November 20, 2008 at 9:03 pm |
  151. Jacob

This is the reason Speaker-Phone Was invented. A young driver cannot be texting while driving a car. Where have their eyes gone? Belay that; where have their minds gone?

November 21, 2008 at 10:41 am |
  152. Michael

Texting while driving should be illegal because of all the accidents there has been.

November 21, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  153. Tyler

My cousin texts while she drives. she just resently got in a kind accident. her tire blew while she was texting. she didnt get hurt, and she is only 19!

November 21, 2008 at 2:00 pm |
  154. Halle

I think that texting and calling while you are driving is the worst thing to do while being behind the wheel. I have recently seen about 5 teenagers in their cars and all i think about is what is going to happen to them if they are looking at their messages just once and then they look up. Im pretty sure thats an accident waiting to happen. Which i know won't happen to me because i have seen many accidents which have caused death or a break. Calling is just as bad as texting because your always supposed to use both of your hands while driving. That is my idea and comment about texting while driving.

November 21, 2008 at 2:04 pm |
  155. Ela

I think that it is so bad to text while driving. Is that even possable? How can you read and then answer it without going out of control? Some people can't talk on the phone while driving and some people text... are they trying to get killed! What are people thinking! You know its fun to text while you are at home or somewhere else, but while you are driving. Its much faster and safer to call the person, if its important, otherwise just don't talk.

November 21, 2008 at 3:34 pm |
  156. NICOLE

I have a friend that text when he drives, and he has wrecked his car three times all ready. So all of you out there that think its ok, just don’t do it.

November 24, 2008 at 12:56 pm |
  157. Jenny

that is sooooo an accadent waiting to happen! aaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
    boom! bam! crash!!! owch!!!!!!

November 24, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  158. Kaela

I think texting while driving is totally wrong. That's why we have so many crashes. To somw people texting is way better that calling...what are they thinking!!!? It is way better to call than text.

November 24, 2008 at 8:15 pm |
  159. Tessa

I knew someone that died from texting while driving DONT DO IT!!!!!!!

November 26, 2008 at 12:00 pm |
  160. Tessa

IF YOU TEXT WHILE DRIVING THEN THE NEXT THING YOULL BE TEXTING IS 911!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26, 2008 at 12:01 pm |
  161. evan

we need to fix this problem because if there are more accidents on the road, more people will need money to have their cars fixed then the companies like midas and meineke will have less money so they will ask the goverment for money then we will have ANOTHER bailout, and wall street will have another freefall. you see this is just from texting.

hope this helps carl 🙂

November 27, 2008 at 7:31 pm |
  162. Alex

i think thats pretty stupid cuz why would you listen to barney for lik a whloe day?

December 2, 2008 at 9:43 am |
  163. Audrey

I think teens should not be able to text while driving. It is dangerous to themselves and other drivers. They are so absorbed in their text message that their not paying any attention to other drivers or anything that is going on around them. Driving is a thing to be taken seriously and when your texting your not paying attention to anything else. You need to keep your eyes on the road when your driving. You could easily cause an accident for yourself or someone else. Its just dangerous to text while driving.

December 2, 2008 at 1:31 pm |
  164. Maverick

I think people should stop texting and driving because there has been more accidents lately from it.

December 3, 2008 at 3:23 pm |
  165. Jessika

Honestly it shouldnt matter if u txt while driving if they say that they should banned radios babies, ppl talkn.... all of these r just as distractful as a cell phone.. sometimes even more than cellphones.... shoot lets just make it all illegal.....

December 3, 2008 at 4:37 pm |
  166. cody

even though i don't have a phone, i'm against the whole idea. what if it was me? MAD! besides, there are enough problems on the road without one more.

December 3, 2008 at 5:11 pm |
  167. satori

I think if you text while driving is a bad choice because it can lead you to having a bad car accident and anyways a lot of people just text to text because their the trendy type. I mean what's so important that you need to text about because if it's really that important you should probably pull over then text.

December 3, 2008 at 7:14 pm |
  168. shelby

they should Pay attion to the road not th phone$$$$$$$$$

December 3, 2008 at 7:46 pm |
  169. Ebony

I think that texting while driving is bad,because you can kill somebody. i personally think people that talk on the phone and text while driving is STUPID!!!! I think they should keep their eyes on the road and not to what the person that is texting them. i wouldnt want to got killed on the road for someone's stupid mistake. i have to say KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!!!!,AND NOT YOUR PHONE

December 8, 2008 at 2:12 pm |
  170. Chyanne

Ok so im a teenager and dont see anything wrong with texting while your driving. Well i do but you gotta be safe about it, not dumb about it. I think i know more adults texting and driving then i do teens.

December 12, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  171. Utau

I think it's horrible! I don't drive and if I did I wouldn't even TOUCH my phone! Texting while driving is dangerous! If you're not paying attention you could get into an accident. It's also kinda sad that (Some) people can't go without texting.... (And I thought my obsessions were bad) If it's THAT important pull over, most of the time it's just stupid stuff though like 'What are you doing?' 'Nothing...'

January 8, 2009 at 3:38 pm |
  172. carly

im agenst it cuase you can get really hurt when doing it .

February 3, 2009 at 12:52 pm |
  173. rock20

If your saying that about not being able to tekt while driving it is not always a bad idea some people can do it and some people can't, it should be more of a thing where people decide if they can or not and if you think it should be completley against the law why don't they make it illegal for people to put on make up or shave or drink a coke or have gps systems or radios or cd players or mirrors or air conditioners or passangers or speakers or babies in the car papers movable seats signs on the side of the road lights on other peoples cars different models of cars why shouldn't they make all that illegal too cause fact is some people can't concentrate on doing half of that and driving at the same time so technically all that should be llegal too right can some people handle doing that and some people are more likely to have a wreck at trying to grab a coke then driving while texting so just cause some people can't do something every one should be permitted to do it, if they want to make a law against texting all of the listed above should be baned also cause some people can do it and some people simply can

February 20, 2009 at 8:43 pm |
  174. mimi

i think if you text while driving your an idiot why put your life and other peoples lifes in danger its not hard to wait untill you get where your going

March 10, 2009 at 10:43 am |