November 5th, 2008

Your Memories

I think our lead sentence on Wednesday's show really sums it up:  "The outcome of this election was going to be historic any way you sliced it."  Whether your favorite candidate won or lost last night, you're living through an era that will be studied by your own children.  And the things you remember today will be the things you tell them when they're in school.

What I'd like to know is what you'll remember most.

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Feedback • News Coverage
  1. Hannah

(I watched the11/05 video just 10 minutes after it was updated)
    the part i'll remember most is that a African-American won the election. Obama is a strong sensible man who will be a good president. The fact that the two candidates were really close, and the fact that the democrats won almost everything will help me remember this election forever. Go Obama!!!

November 5, 2008 at 4:58 am |
  2. Allison

I'm glad that Obama won. It made my family happy and that makes me happy too. I think many peole will think the same as I: the first african-american to be a president- that's what remains in my mind.He is strong and patriotic-the best president we could get in this miserable crisis.

November 5, 2008 at 5:02 am |
  3. Sarah

I will never forget how i felt when I saw Obama win on live. I was shocked, I will never forget when we got our first African American president. I fovor McCain, however, that's that, the majority of our population favored Obama, so now all Obama has to do, is make the changes he promised.

November 5, 2008 at 6:10 am |
  4. Mrs. D

Great attire today Azuz!

November 5, 2008 at 6:16 am |
  5. Tiffany

I'll remember lots of things!!!

November 5, 2008 at 6:24 am |
  6. Sara

I will never forget McCain's concession speech. It meant so much to many people, and I would also congradulate Obama. I thought the tribute to McCain in Obama's speech was very nice. I will always remember this day, when the United States of America got the first African American president.

November 5, 2008 at 6:40 am |
  7. Qwyn

I am so happy Obama won, I think everyone knew he was gonna win. And i'll be able to say if McCain won we'd be doomed but it would be the first girl vice president. If obama won he'd be the first african-american. If Hillery won we'd be doomed and she'd be the female president.

November 5, 2008 at 8:22 am |
  8. Corbin

I'd remember ,some of the commercials, but mostly the moments that led up to this day and when they officially declared Obama the offical President of the United States and how much McCain lost. Even though I wanted McCain to win the election, I'd like to see if Obama can do all the thungs that he promised. So instead of go McCain; Do the right things Obama!!!!!!:-)

November 5, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  9. Aidan

ill remember the day when i figured out that Obama was a baller. this shows that hes just like all of us on the inside.

November 5, 2008 at 9:33 am |
  10. Emily

I'm glad Obama won. The thing I'll probably remember most will be when I woke up and heard the news on the radio. McCain didn't seem like he could have helped our country, but at least he took his loss well. Hooray Obama!

November 5, 2008 at 9:37 am |
  11. Shelby

The most I will remember is the way people reacted to the annoucment of our new president. The saddness of course and then the joy for some people.

November 5, 2008 at 9:40 am |
  12. Andrew

I am happy that Barack Obama won

November 5, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  13. Mariam

Senator Obama winning the Election was truly a historic moment, not only for African-Americans, but for all of America.

November 5, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  14. Danny

My family was very dissapionted. We all voted for McCain but obama won

November 5, 2008 at 10:14 am |
  15. Danny

i will remember how hard the canidates fought and the shocking outcome (for my family) it was a good game.

November 5, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  16. zach

What I'll remember most would be that I at least had a sence of accomplishments

November 5, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  17. Ms. Keller's Class

Our class organized a school wide 'Mock Presidential Election' early last week and announced the results election eve Monday right before school was out. Senator Barack Obama claimed victory in our New Mexico high school of 1500 by 330 votes. As a teacher, when you hear cheers throughout a high school, it melts your heart to know that this generation is involved and spirited about their great country!

Thank you Carl for keeping them tuned in and making it fun to learn about all the contemporary issues.

November 5, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  18. Kyna

What will i remember?

I will remember from one year ago i had only just heard of Barak Obama (sorry for any spelling errors). That my first thought of him was he did not have a chance. he proved me wrong, I kept tabs on him throught the election. I will remember my American History teacher coming into my job last night (11-4-2008) and telling me the stats. I will remember how fragile America was and how Barak Obama will help her rise back up. I will remember the trust we put on him. And, how he will make a differance. I will never forget how he proved to all of us that Change is not always a bad thing. I only hope he ready to take on this great responibilty. thanks~Kyna

November 5, 2008 at 11:35 am |
  19. Sara

The most memorable thing about this election is all the controversy about who was running. I liked all the facts that came to the table and what the truths were and what wasn’t true. Either way, it would’ve been historical but the fact that Obama was voted in makes me glad about that. I like the fact that he’s bringing a Yorkie to the White House. I thought that it was cute that he was giving a puppy to his kids; it just shows how thoughtful he is. 🙂

November 5, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  20. Taylor

I will remember the party my Contemporary World class had on Nov. 4, we watched the news on CNN and everyone brought in foods. It was the one time we were relaxed about the election and we celebrated both candidates.

November 5, 2008 at 12:24 pm |
  21. Mike

I'll always remember being in downtown Seattle and watching a diverse crowd jubilantly yelling YES WE CAN! when Obama was announced the winner

November 5, 2008 at 12:37 pm |
  22. Kyle

The thing i will remember most is that i can say that alive when we had our first african american president. It will be a story my kids can tell their kids and so on. I think it will make a huge change for American culture.

November 5, 2008 at 12:38 pm |
  23. Jon

Yup, it's official... The U.S. now has an African American President.

As much as I didn't want Obama to win, I hope that he doesnt do as bad as I think he will.

November 5, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  24. Jenny

I remember seeing many people who judged our new president by his race and other trivial information like his middle name. It just gives me hope that from the struggle decades ago where blacks were slandered and racism was a major factor in peoples lives that we have made this jump for our country. It is sad that people out there still judge Obama on his skin-color, but the results show how far our nation has come.

November 5, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  25. Tyler

What I will remember is how these two presidents even though they were in a competition for who’s going to be the president of the united states. They sometimes put their hate aside I guess you could say like when people were calling Obama a terrorist McCain stepped up and said pretty much don’t call him that.

November 5, 2008 at 12:41 pm |
  26. Alex

What I will remember the most is having the first black president. I never thought it would happen. Yesterday made history and I will always remember Tuesdays night.

November 5, 2008 at 12:42 pm |
  27. Lacey

What I will remember is how everyone is like oh this person will win. now those people who were saying that and their canidate lost, aren't talking anymore about it. It's funny how ampt up they got but now they're laying low.

November 5, 2008 at 12:42 pm |
  28. Brittney

I think the most memorable thing that I have learned from listening to the two candidates would be the background information on them. I don’t think I will forget about the different view points on war and on abortion. I do know that the two candidates had different points on the issue and it was something that I could actually understand so that would be something that I would actually remember.

November 5, 2008 at 12:45 pm |
  29. Megan

Today is history... I myself was hoping Obama would win and I can't wait to tell my kids the stories of sitting in Contemporary World with Mrs. Ross and watching this election. This has truly been a great experience and our president I know will do an amazing job!

November 5, 2008 at 12:46 pm |
  30. Alicia

Something I will remember the most is all my friends around me talking about who they want me to vote for. Since they are not 18 and they can't vote. Well I am 18 and I can vote so I always felt like I was under a lot of pressure because I didn’t know who I should please my friends, myself, or my family. Then I went home and heard it from my parents about who they wanted me to vote for. So I was getting it from both ends and my family is for one party and my friends were for the other party. So I always felt torn between them. So I just decided not to tell anyone who I was going to vote for.

November 5, 2008 at 12:46 pm |
  31. KASH!NA

That it all started with, Hillary Clinton, a former first lady, running for President. Then Barack Obama, an African American all on one Democratic ticket. Who would come out on top? Obama, with Hillary's endorsement. Then on the other side of the ticket, John McCain won and picked a woman to be his VP running mate. This, to me, was the most important and most significant election because there were many firsts. And in the end, Obama with the win 🙂

November 5, 2008 at 12:51 pm |
  32. Bre

My most memorable thing about the election is hearing that Obama won. I wanted Obama to win so badly. I will also remember McCain's speech. It was a really touching. I felt kind of sad for McCain.

November 5, 2008 at 1:02 pm |
  33. Kayla

I will remember how excited my family and i were . It was just such a rush.I will also remeber how great the candidates are and I will also remember the great danger that Obama put him self in running for president.

November 5, 2008 at 1:26 pm |
  34. Emerald

What i will honestly remember the most is that not only was it an African American that won, but the way that the public reacted.

November 5, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  35. Jessica

I think I'll remember the changes that are made during Obama's office the most...or if he gets assassinated, which I doubt will happen, but that would be pretty memorable.

November 5, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  36. Kira

I think that the aspect that I will remember most about this election is the fact that there were so many new voters. I felt that this election more of America’s youth were more interested in the outcome of this race. With the hard times in the economy, I feel that this participation was vital because the result will directly affect all of us.

November 5, 2008 at 1:38 pm |
  37. Brianne

I will remember that there was a lot of controversy with both candidates. I will remember that John McCain actually did not like Bush at all. I will remember that the majority of America did not support Bush and that over 70% of the population believed that the United States is not going in the right direction. I will remember that Barack Obama made history, and there will be change in America. Everyone is ready for it.

November 5, 2008 at 1:39 pm |
  38. Joe

What I remember most about this election is the excitement I was on a field trip when I found out and the bus just went crazy. The election was and still is the biggest topic on every ones minds.

November 5, 2008 at 1:42 pm |
  39. alex

I will remember this election because it’s the first election I officially voted for and also Obama is our countries first African American president.

November 5, 2008 at 1:42 pm |
  40. Blake

I will definateley remember all the good times that we've had while we were economically and financially secure.

November 5, 2008 at 1:43 pm |
  41. Nicole

When I found out I was on my computer working on home work. At first I didn’t believe it because all night they had been saying how the news stations were predicting who was going to win what state, at first I just thought the news station was making a prediction.

November 5, 2008 at 1:44 pm |
  42. Jon

With everything that happened last night either way it would have been history. The first black president or the first women vice president. It a change in the history line and for the untied states.

November 5, 2008 at 1:44 pm |
  43. Courtney

I'll always remember this election because it was the first i was old enough to vote and i felt that my vote was important.

November 5, 2008 at 1:45 pm |
  44. Shelby

I will remember most that i was alive to see a very historic event and a change for america as a whole.

November 5, 2008 at 1:47 pm |
  45. Aurora

One thing I will remember most is when I was waiting in complete suspense, waiting to see the results. And I was really excited over all because no matter what we were going to have a really historical out come. Either a first female V.P or the first African American president.

November 5, 2008 at 1:52 pm |
  46. Espen

I will remember that America is really falling if it thinks that Obama was a smart choice. Now America will just get a lot worse.

November 5, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  47. -Vanessa

the part that i would remeber is that no matter who won the election, either way it would have still been history because both candidates were great.

November 5, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  48. Mrs. Wickham's 7th Grade Class

Where was the pun today???

November 5, 2008 at 3:20 pm |
  49. Jessica

I will most remember how it felt to have our countries first african american president. & That I was in high school government learning about it as it was all happening.

November 5, 2008 at 3:40 pm |
  50. Charlotte

I think that I will remember how much both of the canidates fought for victory. I was very happy that Obama won, and that will definitly stick in my mind. Plus the fact that they were never giving up. McCain said that he wasn't going to give up even though he knew that he was behind in the polls, he kept fighting. Same with Obama. Even though his family has gotten death threats, he knew what he had to do. I bet there were times that he was ready to quit, and give up, but no. He kept fighting for the prize, and sure enough, he won it. It was not easy, and I do hope the whole coutry knew that. That is the thing that si making me nervice. Will Obama be assasinated? If he is, he will be rememberd for the fact that he never gave up, and that he was the first African- American presedent! So that is what I am going to tell my kidswhen they get to be in school, and they ask that question. You never know, maybe by then, there will be a woman president. You never know 🙂

November 5, 2008 at 4:09 pm |
  51. Krysten

I remember all of the great commercials Obama did. It made me mad that all McCain talked about was all the bad things Obama did and not how to fix the economy!!

November 5, 2008 at 4:29 pm |
  52. Jake

Id Remember that we made history with our first african american president

p.s Obama rules but i really wanted hillary

November 5, 2008 at 4:48 pm |
  53. Caroline

The thing I will remember the most from this election is all of the emotion seen on peoples faces. Also, McCain's finnal speach was amazing! Overall, I am proud to be old enough to realize and remember this election.

November 5, 2008 at 5:32 pm |
  54. Mr.Herrings advance band class

we rember how Obama made all these promishes that we expect him to keep!!!!

November 5, 2008 at 5:52 pm |
  55. Nate

I thought McCain was a better canidate but i'm okay that Barack Obama won.

November 5, 2008 at 6:55 pm |
  56. Pierce

I am really happy that Barack Obama won.

November 5, 2008 at 6:57 pm |
  57. ALFONSO

I am gonna remember arguing in a middle school during lunch for against different sides, when did middle schoolers care so much about elections, and know so much info. This is an explosive election, thats for sure! Great inspirational speeches too!!!

November 5, 2008 at 7:50 pm |
  58. Kate

I remember the debates they had and I think that McCain's speach was an Awsome one and that Obamas spech is something to remember.I just hope that America will grow step by step till we reach the top
    MCCAIN IS STILL AWSOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 5, 2008 at 7:52 pm |
  59. Elvis

I think the thing I will remember most of the 2008 election is that I lived in a time where I got to have an African American president as my leader. I think Obama is a very kind and honest person. He will help us with the war in Iraq and the financial crisis going on right now. .As my social studies teacher Mr.V said,this was a historic triumph and kids 50,70,100 years from now will be reading about this. I think he's right. I'm glad I got to witness this

November 5, 2008 at 7:52 pm |
  60. Kadir

I am really excited that Obama won! Even though I didn't want McCain to win, he gave a pretty good darn speech! This is a TOTAL event in history. The first black president ever. We can tell our grandkids about this!

November 5, 2008 at 9:54 pm |
  61. casey

i wont ever forget the look on mcCains face during his last speach... it would be really hard to knw that you did all this work and didnt win the election. personally i am scared of what will happen.. gas has alrealy gone up 10 cents in the last 24 hours!

November 5, 2008 at 9:58 pm |
  62. Calleigh

The thing I will remember most of the 2008 election is that it was a extremely close race with two great candidates. Even though I was for McCain I hope Obama does all the things he says he will do and that these next four years will make history..good or bad. I'm glad I was able to witness this election. It is one of the most historcal events of our era.

November 5, 2008 at 11:33 pm |
  63. Katie

i'll remember how upset i am that mccain didn't win.
    why should the hard workers get punished for doing so? ):

November 6, 2008 at 12:32 am |
  64. mark

I will remember most that we decided to elect a president with no experience, someone who was elected mostly because he was black. We elected a man who wants to raise taxes while our country is in a recession, a man who was associated with radical groups, a man who has family members who are living in the U.S. illegally. I will remember we chose a man because he was young and black instead of a man who put his life on the line in war and has fought for this country ever since he was a teen until now and most likely will till his days come to an end. We left a war veteran who has more experience than most people ever in the senate so that we can elect an inexperienced young black man.

November 6, 2008 at 9:36 am |
  65. Chris

What I will remember most is the financial crisis, and how my support of Obama grew. I was a very strong supporter of John McCain once their campaigning started. He was the one I thought could get dim down the war in Iraq. But with the financial crisis at hand, I started to support Obama, because I believed he could fix the problem. After his speech Tuesday night, I completely supported him. I realized to me, the Insurgency isn’t as big a concern to me as the financial crisis.

November 6, 2008 at 9:37 am |
  66. Tyler

I think that this is going to change history and make this election one memory people will never forget.

November 6, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  67. Nick

I think I will mostly remember that this is our first black president and he is the right chose to our country.

November 6, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  68. Todd

Honestly I think what I will remember most was first turning on the TV and see Obama 200 Mccain only 55. Also I will remember Obamas victory speech and the somber way he told it.

November 6, 2008 at 10:05 am |
  69. Taylor

The thing I will remember the most about this election, is the speech Barack Obama made Tuesday night. He talked about our country having so much diversity yet we are still the United States.

November 6, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  70. justin

the thing ill remember most is the fact that America is big enough( not size but maturaty) to elect an African American like Barak Obama to run our country and i believe that what biden said was right, it wont be six months until somebody tests him

November 6, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  71. Devon

I will remember when the first black president was elected. Then how he always said "We Can Change."

November 6, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  72. Randall

I think it was cool that Obama won the election. I think he would be a better president than Mccain. The things he said, I just agreed more with than anything Mccain said.

November 6, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  73. Devin

I wanted to vote for McCain but I think that it was better for obama to win because i personally think that McCain is almost to old.

November 6, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  74. Emmett

I will remember the most about this election is that the turn out. It was the first time that this is African American president and I think it's about time. I will always remember this that I lived in history also im really glad to be apart of this moment.

November 6, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  75. brittany

I think it is a good thing that Obama is now our new President of the United Stated of America. He has many things that I agree with.

November 6, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  76. Brian

I think that I will still remember the first black president in history and I will remember he was the 45th president of the united states.

November 6, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  77. Alexandria

What I will remember the most is that we have a change of history by having the first African American president, I think that it will be cool because I was here to witness it.

November 6, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  78. Tyler

The best memory of this election year would probably be the speech that obama gave after he won. There were so many teared up faces and aching hearts. He said a lot of really touching things to america that night and the people loved it....that's what got me

November 6, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  79. Brittany

The one thing that I will remember most about this election is the electoral college votes. McCain was winning with 17 votes to Obama with 3. The t.v. station went to a commercial. Once the news was back on, 3 minutes later, Obama has 81 electoral votes against McCain who had 39!

November 6, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  80. shaun

The thing that i will remember the most about the 2008 president election is that Obama is the first african american in office.

November 6, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  81. alleshouse

Ill remember most from this is how Macain was leading in the beginning then Obama lead But mist of all the first black president good job obama even no i was going foe MaCain

November 6, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  82. Samantha

I think that McCain should have won because he seems like had more of an experience. Plus I liked McCain's plans about the United States of America.

November 6, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  83. Jordan

I will remember the part when they were adding up the popular votes. I was watching it on T.V. I was talking on the phone with a friend and we were say like who was going to win and how many electoral votes they had.

November 6, 2008 at 10:13 am |
  84. Alexander

The thing I'll remember the most will be the day that barack oboma became president and I did a crazy stunt on the playground.

November 6, 2008 at 10:14 am |
  85. Brady

I will remember Barok Obama winning the election the most, then I will remember I girl looking like Sara Palin a lot too.

November 6, 2008 at 10:14 am |
  86. Rath

I am really going to remember this election because it will probably decide my future. I was here and aware through it all. This election will be the one that I will always remember.

November 6, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  87. br00ke

I'll remember how Barack Obama own and how emotional people really were, I saw Oprah Winfrey crying in the crowd at the victory rally.

November 6, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  88. jalen (^_^)

I will most likely remember how every one i know was saying oh no obamas a muslim terrorist and that he was going to make the country fail.

November 6, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  89. Kylie

Well what i will remember most is who won, I wanted Obama to win and that was who won so i was so happy about that :).Also That great speech Obama give after he had won the president-elect you could follow right along with ever word he was saying.So I will remember a little bit of the president-elect. (not a lot more)

November 6, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  90. LeAndra

The thing that I remeber is when obama got elected to be president. And then how he said his speached in chicago. Thats what I rember and always will.

November 6, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  91. Lindsey:)

The things i will most remember about this election is that
    obamma is the first black president. Also I remember when Obhamma was talking about how he was going to change everything and make it better. That is what I mostly remember about this election.

November 6, 2008 at 10:19 am |
  92. trent

I know barack is president.

November 6, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  93. Shawn

well i think that i can remember that obama was elected because he is the first african american

November 6, 2008 at 10:40 am |
  94. Ashley

This was the first election that I had ever really paid attention to. This was also the 1sst election that I was old enough to vote in. Throughout this election I had listened to both of the candidates and read about what they were all about. I voted for someone who I think is going to bring change to America.
    I will mostly remember the first time I had seen the candidates talk. Obama seemed to be a great motivational speaker and I really started to like everything he was about. I will also remember the history of women breaking the glass in the beginning of this election with Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin. And I will never forget hearing that in the year 2008, my senior year in high school that we will have to first African American president. This also meant a lot to me because it made me feel that my vote really made a difference and I ill never forget any of it.

November 6, 2008 at 10:43 am |
  95. matt

What I would remember most would be that we had a black president an we had a women for vice president. An I am proud today to say that my president is black and that he promised to bring change and that I hope he does what he says he’s going to do. Barack Obama is the president of the United States.

November 6, 2008 at 10:45 am |
  96. Miranda

What I will remember the most about the 2008 election is how an African American became president. I think that is great. The United States started off as a country with racism, and now a lot of us have moved on from that. I believe Obama will be a great president. We are going through a lot of struggles in this time, and I think Obama can help us through this. I will remember how hard of a fight it was in this campaign. I will never forget how beautiful both of their speeches were. McCain made a beautiful speech although he didn’t win. He handled it very well. It even made me tear up. Obama’s speach was unbelievable. It was so beautiful. If McCain won it would have been history ether way. Obama the first black president and McCain with the first female vice president. This year’s election was just filled with excitement.

November 6, 2008 at 10:48 am |
  97. Dominique

First and foremost, I will remember this election that I have been alive to see a historical election. Furthermore that we have elected the first African American president that is now President Obama and it made history. While I was watching CNN News channel, I was so excited but scared when they were adding up the electoral votes to pick the next president of the United States of America. Then all of a suddenly I was so surprise when the election was over an they pick President Obama as the next president in office. I will remember that my family and I were so happy that the U.S. is going to get change and that the struggle is over now. Finally I will remember that the people in Kenya so excited and having tears of joy for this historical election of American History.

November 6, 2008 at 10:48 am |
  98. katrina

The main thing I will remember is the history that has been made. I think this is one of the biggest turnouts in the history of elections. I will always remember how excited I was to see that someone who really cares for the people get elected into office. I will remember the way even the younger children knew what was going on with the election and the way people who couldn’t vote really wanting to vote. I also will remember the way people who where eligible to vote never voted before but chose to vote this year all because everybody is really ready for a change.

November 6, 2008 at 10:50 am |
  99. Chad

What I shall remember the most about this election is the heart felt speeches given by both Obama and McCain. Even though McCain lost he did not refer to Obama as a bad person or bad choice in this election. McCain actually calmed his crowed down when they responded in a negative way about Obama. Also when Obama was giving his speech he commended McCain and also other republicans whose votes he did not get. I just think it was very mature and commendable on both parties.

November 6, 2008 at 10:52 am |
  100. Kenya

Soon as it flashed on the news that Barack Obama won I felt like a new person. I consider this the most important time in my life so far. I have never been so involved with anything dealing with politics. I have come to learn everything there is to know about the election. My mom made it a priority to take off from work and go with me to vote for my first time. Tears of joy and relief ran down my face as it was finally announced. I am very deeply rooted in my culture and this was a major stepping-stone for us as a people. It took a long to get here and we finally made it. It is not just because he is an African American, but because of the message he sends to every American. When Obama speaks you can hear strength and power in his most settle voice. I now make it my duty to step up and be the very best I can because I am able to.

November 6, 2008 at 10:53 am |
  101. Terrance

Even though I wasn’t eligible to vote because of my age, this election most definitely will go down in history and I surely will remember it. Of course it’s the first African- American president but if the Republican Party were to win, we would have the first female vice- president in office so that is something to remember. I supported Barack Obama not only because of the color of is skin, but for the new ideas he has promised to bring to America. That is what this election was all about, and a high amount of people made as a race election. Like he said in his victory speech, “I know you didn’t do it for me, you did it for the future tasks we want to achieve.” I will be able to tell my children about this event and that I was present when Barack Obama was elected president. Obama and McCain are both well-educated men. McCain did make good points during this election, but Obama seems to want the most progress in change.

November 6, 2008 at 10:55 am |
  102. Brittany

From this election, what will you remember the most?

From this election, I learned that people could accomplish anything if they put their minds to it. No matter what your race is and where you came from. I am glad to call my self-apart of history because I had a chance to be able to vote for the first time and this election was the most historical election since I was living.

Now people can say that we will never accomplish noting and we did, we made history for being the first black president ever.

I believe that this election inspired people because to get out and vote for the next president. I believe that it was a time for change and to expand our horizons on to trying new things instead of picking the same president each term.

People say that this was the most popular election since 1908 when President Taft was one of the running candidate with the highest percentage of people voting.
    So I am proud to call my self a true American voter.

November 6, 2008 at 10:55 am |
  103. Geordan

Yeah we did live trough history. We now have the first black president Barack Obama. If we didn't vote for him and Mccain won then Sarah Palin would be the first woman vice president. So ethier way we would of gone through history.

November 6, 2008 at 10:56 am |
  104. Hannah

I will always remenber us getting an African American president for the first time. Also they bothe fought very hard in the elections and stuff.This was a close one almost but Obama got in there fort eh win. I will remeber that everyone I knew wanted Obama for president. That is what I will always remember

November 6, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  105. summer

I'll remember most being disappointed thinking Mccain was going to win. Then waking up to find a note. It was from my mom saying hurrah Obama won!. If Mccain took over i believe there would be no united states after what George bush put us through. We would be a dead country,wanted by everyone else!

November 6, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  106. Alissa

I think that it is good that we now have a different color president to run are country.

November 6, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  107. Seth

I remember all the tension between the candidate supporters. People that supported Mccain were saying Obama was a terrorist and people supporting Obama said that people supporting Mccain were racist and it was a mess. I also remember how everyone was calling Palin the Malibou barbie.

November 6, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  108. Katey

The only thing I'll probably remember is when I woke up that morning and went downstairs to get ready for school. A few minutes after I went downstairs, my mom came down. I told her who won the mock election at our school, which was Obama, and she growled! After that, my cousin Will came over to catch the bus, and he told us Obama won! My mom was so mad, it was ridiculous! My mom was a MAJOR McCain supporter. That and the fact Obama won is probably the only thing I'm going to remember.

November 6, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  109. Susie

This years presidential election was very important to me. I am so glad that Obama won the president. It will mw a memory that i will never forget. Everything that he said in his speach really touched me and i will remember that the most. I think that Obama will make a great president.

November 6, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  110. Sarah

This was truly a very memorable election that I will never forget. I think what I will remember the most is waking up the next morning and seeing my oldest brother (a big Obama fan) looking very happy and telling me the results of the election as we listened to the radio to the disc jockeys talk about it and seeing my other older brother (in love with McCain) coming downstairs looking very thoughtful and stating to me that "he would love to see Barack Obama prove him wrong in how he thinks he will run the country." My house is divided when it comes to politics, and I will always remember the election of 2008

November 6, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  111. Mckenzie

This election was a very good race between Barack Obama and John Mccain. What I will remember the most is the campaigns. They were long and well stated. Although everybody was glad November fourth got here it was a remarkable thing that happened. On tuesday we made history. Barack obama was elected as president. He is the first African-American to become the President of the United States. That is what I will remember the most.

November 6, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  112. Veronica

The thing that I'll remember the most is that on tuesday a lot of people voted. I noticed it was generally the youth of America that voted Obama. Which is fine I mean I was and am an Obama supporter. I think that even though in my opinion Obama was the better choice McCain could have done some good. After all he was in the army at one point.

November 6, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  113. Sydney

I am pretty sure that I will remember the election of 2008. I think I will remember it because I got to live through a time when we received an African American president. I think that Barack Obama will help our country out a lot. So, This will be something that kids would read about in the future. I am glad that I got to witness this.

November 6, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  114. Allison

Even though the whole presidential campaign was a memorable time period, the most memorable part for me was the speech President-elect Obama gave. It was very inspiring and his words still ring in my head like church bells on a bright , Sunday morning. I feel that he will be a very positive leader for the United States of America and I will always remember that historical evening as a lesson of patriotism and leadership.

November 6, 2008 at 11:05 am |
  115. Marissa

The one thing that I will remember the most is how Obama is the first black president. Living during and through this election is a great thing to know. To keep track they set up the United States on the ice in New York. They marked each state with the colors of the party that won that state. They also had a stand on the side of a building that raised as they got more votes. Being alive and seeing Obama voted into office is great.

November 6, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  116. Chris

I think that we are living history and I like the feeling of it. I like that I get to witness the first black president and to see what he will do for us whether it is good or bad we will know if it makes a difference by race which I don't think that it should but other people do.

November 6, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  117. Katie

This election was really memorable to everyone I think. It was memorable to me because history was made when Barack Obama got elected and I got to see it. I think it's memorable to others because this election you could have voted for the first woman president or the first african american president. That is why I think this election was memorable.

November 6, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  118. Kelsey

From this election I will remember most of all the controversy of the presidency. People's different opinions on the both candidates before election day. I am glad that I can tell my memories to the next generation of what I experienced when we elected the first African American president. I will also remember the day that I heard who the president-elect was.

November 6, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  119. Catherine

I think that I will remember when John McCain lost the election. Barrack Obama shouldn't be president in my opinion because he wants people who don't want a baby then they can kill it.

November 6, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  120. Alexa

I think that I will remember all of the debates and all of the people that agree on different things. I will remember that this is the first time i history that a african american was elected president. I am also going to remember my family members and I debating who should be our president and issues like abortion and other ones too. Most of all I will remember this election with so many more people voting in the election, than the last voting time.

November 6, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  121. Jasmine

I will remember the late nights I spent staying awake to watch the debates. How we argued everyday in history on who we thought was fit to be the president. How we our history teacher made us become "educated" on the situation before we could argue about it. I will remember how i stayed up till like midnight just to see who our president was going to be. I don't think I will ever forget this election.

November 6, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  122. Dana

I will probably recall all the negative campaign ads. The one that comes to mind right now is McCain's add placing Obama with Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton. I can hear the crowd on that commercial screeching, "OBAMA, OBAMA!!" Yet I will also remember how much different their speeches were after the election. They were so gracious to each other, which was great.

November 6, 2008 at 11:12 am |
  123. gunnar

I will always remember that night like it was yesterday.... well you no what I mean. I mean that I will never forget, I mean come on it was the first African American president who is going to forget. That is a night i'll never forget.

November 6, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  124. Ms. L

If in fact you were at least 18 years old and had the opportunity to vote, I hope one thing. Whom ever you would vote for should be based on YOUR judgements and opinions and not the "norm". As a young person, you have the opportunity NOW to begin learning how to be an educated voter and most importantly an influential part of our society. When you get to the voting booth, your choice will be based on the issues that are important to you, your family and community.

November 6, 2008 at 11:35 am |
  125. noemi

My favorite memory that i will remember for days and on was when they announced in the t.v that our new president was Barrack Obama.I was excited but i never thought about a African American president.

November 6, 2008 at 11:41 am |
  126. Leonel

I was so happy when Obama was elected precedent I will never forget that are first African American is are precedent I was so happy to be part of history.

November 6, 2008 at 11:42 am |
  127. Emmanuel

The thing that I will remember is that it is the first African American and that mean Obama is that right president Mccain just need like a little bit more.

November 6, 2008 at 11:43 am |
  128. Jangkoon

I will probably remember the smooth rhetoric that Obama implemented during his campaign and how it greatly affected voters. However, I shall fondly remember McCain's undaunted patriotism and pride as he fought to help America. (I would've voted McCain if I was old enough...)

Though on a more somber note, I believe that while this election is indeed monumental, I fervently wish that the September 11th attacks of 2001 are never forgotten so that people may still remember what it's like to be an American and stand up against the tyrants of the world.

November 6, 2008 at 11:44 am |
  129. Gabriel

My favorite memory was on Tuesday when Obama told his speech at Grand Park. The reason is that he is so inspiring. Obama will surely bring change that America needs.

November 6, 2008 at 11:44 am |
  130. Anel

What I think I will remember is that I was happy that Obama won and that he was the first African Amarican to be president.

November 6, 2008 at 11:44 am |
  131. Angelica

I am really happy with who one which is Obama because he is really good person.
    It is intersting that he won because he is the first black president ever had in the united states.
    He faught for what he wanted it was a hard election but I think he deserve being the president because he tried hard even thow he is black he continue to reach his goal as becoming presedent .

November 6, 2008 at 11:45 am |
  132. Flor

What I will remember most about this day is that Obama won and is moving to the White House. I'll also remember that Obama is the first African American to be president in the United States.

November 6, 2008 at 11:46 am |
  133. rick

What I will remember most is that Obama won. That was exciting and nervous at the same time. The things that Obama said will be remembered for the rest of my life until I tell my kids and when I tell my grand kids. OBAMA RULES FOR EVER.......

November 6, 2008 at 11:47 am |
  134. sonia

What i will remember the most is that the first ever African American was elected as president and he made history. I will tell my grandchildren that when i was in 6th grade that Barrack Obama was elected as president!!

November 6, 2008 at 11:47 am |
  135. javier

What I will remember most about the Election is that I witness the speech Obama made. I will tell them that I was in school and saw the future with my own eyes in 6 grade. That is what I liked most was the speech.

November 6, 2008 at 11:48 am |
  136. nathalie

What I an going to remember that wend i was in sixth grad ther was a African American President in the u.s it was in November 3,2008 and i was 12 years old and that is wait a am going to tell them.

November 6, 2008 at 11:48 am |
  137. selene

i will remeber when obama won for president the first african american

November 6, 2008 at 11:48 am |
  138. merecedes

My faviort memorie is when I heard that Barack Obama was the repesited for the democrats, I was so happy.I said that now that anyone any color can make a diffrence. Also if Mcain or obama won it will be history ,but I still was going for Obama .That was my faviort memories

November 6, 2008 at 11:49 am |
  139. carlos

I think that my favorite memory is going to be when Barrack Obama did his speech because when I heard his speech I was inspired to learn more about Obama

November 6, 2008 at 11:50 am |
  140. JOSE

What I will remember is that Mccain lost.But the most important thing I wont
    forget is that it was in Chicago and that Obam won.

November 6, 2008 at 11:50 am |
  141. MOISES

I think that OBAMA is going to be a great president for the U.S.A.

November 6, 2008 at 11:51 am |
  142. Denise

The thing that I will remember is the first African American president being elected. Iwill remember this because it is a big part in history.

November 6, 2008 at 11:52 am |
  143. luis

vote for obama to win!

November 6, 2008 at 11:53 am |
  144. jose

What iwill remember is when Barrack Obama spoke

November 6, 2008 at 11:54 am |
  145. Nancy

I am really happy that Obama won.

November 6, 2008 at 11:58 am |
  146. max

now

November 6, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  147. sarai

I THINK THAT THE ONE THING THAT I AM ALWAYS GOING TO REMEMBER IS HOW IN THIS GENERATION MOST OF THE PEOPLE THAT ELECTED THE PRESIDENT WERE YOUNG PEOPLE, AND LATINOS. WE ALL MADE HISTORY! ALSO HOW GOOD IT FELT TO KNOW THAT WE ARE FINLLY GONG TO HAVE CHANGE! =) OBAMA DESERVED TO WIN!

November 6, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  148. Nancy

When I'm old and have my own grand-children, I would tell them that I lived through that era when an African-American was elected president. I would that them that November 11, 2008 was when history was made. That there was finally a change in the United States. I would tell them that I wanted for Obama to win, and my wish came true...

November 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm |
  149. Danny

what i think i will remember the most about this presidential election is how great both presidents won. i loved both of their speeches. their speeches were really meaningful. i will also remember that how the votes were so far apart and that obama beat mccain really badly.

i still wish hilary would have won

November 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm |
  150. Maxi

What i will remember the most about the election is when Obama was elected president and the long speech that Obama had given after his victory. I will also remember that he was the first African-American to make history in the U.S as president.

November 6, 2008 at 12:18 pm |
  151. Benny

my memory of november 4th was when everyone was running through Grant Park to get that up close spot. also when some people were crying because they were happy that Obama won the election.

November 6, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  152. FA-BEE

I am really happy that Barack Obama won
    and i hope that he is going to stick with what
    he promised us and make a change.
    The most thing im going to remember is that
    im tell my kids i was right there when the first
    African American became president. 🙂

November 6, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  153. Rubi

Hopefully, one day I'll have the chance to tell my children about November 4, the day we made history. I will ALWAYS remember the day we risked our lives and took a chance with our new hope.

November 6, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  154. Jake

I am going to remember that when Obama won he gave this awesome speach, and my favorite part of it was when he talked about the 106 year old woman going to vote in Atlanta and she has been through it all, she couldn't vote because she was a woman and because she was African-American, and look at her now, she is 106 and she voted for the first African-American President.

November 6, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  155. Jesus

I will remeber satying up tell like 11:00 o'clock trying to see who won the election i couldnt stay up. Then the next day i woke up thinking about who won the election which was Obama. I will always remeber the day Obama won and tell it to all of my grandchildren and they will tell there grandchildren and so on.

November 6, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  156. Nancy

When I'm old and have my own grand-children, I would tell them that I lived through that era when an African-American was elected president. I would that them that November 4, 2008 was when history was made. That there was finally a change in the United States. I would tell them that I wanted for Obama to win, and my wish came true...

November 6, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  157. Jeanette

What I think i will remember in the future is the great things the candidate did i the future and that obama won and actually made the history of the first afriacan american and the 44th first of all.
    I really think i will remember the speech that Obama made and about the lady that he was actually talking about in the speech and the wonderfull things he said in the little speech he had.
    i will also remember the arguing between my favorite teacher of all,
    who was going to win the election

November 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  158. Maria

Fifty years from now ,I'm going to remember shouting over my class mates and argueing over which candidate was the most experience in order to be president. Also that one of the candidates was african -african and actually became president.

November 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  159. Jesus

What i would remember the most when Obama won would be the thousands of people in Chicago screaming with joy that he won. Also the speech he gave and he said Yes We Can. Also John McCain was a good candidate his speech was good.

November 6, 2008 at 12:21 pm |
  160. carlos

What I am going to tell my children 20 or 40 years is that on November 3 Barrack Obama was elected as president of the United States Of America. And that he is the first African American person choosed as president. And that I remember when my whole class were discussion this with out teachers. It was a pretty good conversation.

November 6, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  161. Jesus

The election was the most heaart stoping experince. Obama wonand also he is our first African American president! wich is awsome I konw that when I grow up I'll be able to tell my kids everything that happen. OBAMA RULES!

November 6, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  162. carlos

I will remember that we had the first African American president on Novenber 4 2008. I will also remember that Obama won mostly because of hispanic votes and votes from people that are 21 to 30 years old.

November 6, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  163. arisbeth

I am proud of Obama by being our president. I am going to remember these days that we are going to have with our new president. Also it is very important for me because Barack Obama pretty much knows what we need and McCain did not very much under stand what we wanted.

November 6, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  164. yareni

This was history. Either way if Obama or McCain won it was still going to be history. I am also glad that Obama won. When I have my own children I am going to be glad to tell them what I was doing that exact time, and it would be pretty cool to see their faces surprised and for them to ask me question and be even more interested in the subject. So go Obama!!!!

November 6, 2008 at 12:23 pm |
  165. Ricardo

I think the thing that i would rember in 2008 electiion,was when obama won the election but there were some arguments about mccain and obama, and the people that had the arguments where my friends and family. some friend said mccain was going to win and some said that obama was going to win.

November 6, 2008 at 12:23 pm |
  166. Jose

Due to Tuesday nights presidential winner, I would say that the fact of me living through the era of when the first african-american president became elected will be the most valuable memory to me. But above all, I will remember the tears and and emotions running through peoples minds as seen on TV. The way how proud everyone, that attended Grant Park, was. I will also remember that poweful, deep speech brought by Obama that night, the way it reached to all citizens of the United States. I will also remember how much joy and pride african-americans throughout America were once they heard Obama's name announced as our next president.

November 6, 2008 at 12:24 pm |
  167. Cecilia

I am great that Obama won because I know he can make a difference then having anther Bush as president. Obama is the first African American and we will have someone honest and someone to look up to. I want to see how Obama is going to do an immigration reforms and to against deportation. Barack Obama had a great speech done for him. Everyone is counting an Obama for a difference for once in this world he is a great candidate.

November 6, 2008 at 12:29 pm |
  168. * JACQUELINE

IM GOING TO REMBER THE 2008 ELECTION BECAUSE WE ARE MAKING HISTORY BECAUSE OF OUR NEW AFRICAN-AMERICAN PRESIDENT. IM GOING TO LOOK BACK AND TELL MY CHILDREN AND HOW THE FIRST AFRICAN AMERICAN BECAME PRESIDENT

November 6, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  169. Kendall

I think Barrak Obama will be a good president, but I think Senator John McCain should have won. Even though we [rebuplics] may not like it, we need to just get over it. We need to support him all the way, he's are new president.

November 6, 2008 at 1:24 pm |
  170. chase

I will always remember this election and what it stands for. Barack Obama came along way in Politics and will bring the change we need, Obama's views on education was what i wanted to here for so many years and when i get to graduate i know i will be able to afford to go to college. I got to witness voting and the happy faces on people when they were voting. 🙂 Obama captured so many people with charisma and honesty. He will be remembered as the best president of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!

November 6, 2008 at 3:03 pm |
  171. Jacqueline

In this election it is a big change for American people. It is the first time in history to have a different color person be elected for president. It is a big change because now President Barrack Obama will be discovered in the history books. It will show our kids generation that there was a first black president that was elected. By Americans appointing him president I think he will make a good president because he is willing let American voices be heard around the world then not be heard at all. Even though he may disagrees with us he will always listen to what we have to say. He said he will always be honest about the challenges he will make to let Americans know what is going on in the world. It is good when he says he wants a change, a change includes each American to pitch in and work harder for ourselves because we are one nation. Each American should bring partnership then pity because when people get along we get the job done.

November 6, 2008 at 3:26 pm |
  172. Jasmine

October 7,2008

My name is jasmine and I 13 I don’t think what were doing is right. We are paying a lot of money for the troops and the unjust war. There are starving kids in the world. We need some one who care about the united states. Some one who cares about me and you. I am only 13 and care why the president can’t. The troops are there for no reason at all. We didn’t find any weapons. So why don’t the troops come home they are killing and dieing there. We need the troops here they will not kill or die here in there home town. Say your mom or dad are there and die it would be sad so please stop the war. The only people the president cares about are the rich people we are all the same so stop the war. Now that we got a new president we need his help to bring our troops home maybe just maybe Obama can help me.

November 6, 2008 at 3:59 pm |
  173. Camryn

Probably the thing I remember most during the 2008 election is our school election.
    Everyone was making signs and waving them in the air.
    I voted for O'bama and O'bama won!

November 6, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  174. alyssa

you are at the school in the cnn do you love obama do you love mccain i love the cnn to the is the name of the school is it you go to

November 6, 2008 at 5:16 pm |
  175. BRAZILL

This presidential election will be remembered for a long time, but the part I will remember most is the debates between Obama and McCain. I knew he Obama was going to win the election because he was flaming on McCain in every debate.
    I will also remember how comical a scene it was when I found out McCain couldn't lift his arms over his head.

November 6, 2008 at 6:36 pm |
  176. Gus

I will always remember the great powerful statement this election has made about America. Not only do I love Obama and his plan for America, but his election is a great symbol of American unity and healing. I have never been prouder of America.

November 6, 2008 at 6:46 pm |
  177. adolfo

The thing that I will remember of this election is the excitement of waiting for the results and the joy of Obama winning the election .Also when me and my classmates arguing about who and why we wanted McCain or Obama to win. To me I am happy Obama won and if he will make the U.S. be better and the economy .and maybe when I have children or grandchildren there could be a Hispanic president or any other race.

November 6, 2008 at 7:19 pm |
  178. mark

obama didn't not deserve to win.i don't like him mcCain had alot sof better idea's. He sould have won obama will destory america

November 6, 2008 at 8:12 pm |
  179. Ben

I feel that it is a big feat that we have a black elect, although i feel this should and could have happened a long time ago, and its a shame it took so long.

November 6, 2008 at 8:30 pm |
  180. Donte

Years from now I will not remember the debates, the critics, McCain negative campaign, or Sarah Palin appearance on Saturday Night Live. I will remember a moment of history that caused the world to come to a complete stop, to witness a new innovative vibrant voice in today politics. This election brought nations to it feet, to focus on the election in America. Not only I will remember this great and historic event but millions of people across America will remember a strong wise distinguished African American leader who inspired numerous of people of all race to express themselves by voting. He empowered generations that didn’t believe their vote could change our government for the better. African Americans will remember an insurmountable wall of steel being obliterated into the dark memories of the past. Billions of people across the globe believe that their change has begun. Billions of people across the globe will hope that this man will somehow make an immense impact on their lives. The hope of billions rest on one man shoulders. Most of all I will remember that anything is possible to those who believe that change is on the way. The phrase that I will never forget is “yes we can”. Can America change back into the leader that it once was, yes we can. Can America restore hope into the world, yes we can. Can Americans take a stand to change the old traditions that held our communities captives for decades, yes we can.

November 7, 2008 at 8:44 am |
  181. Caci

This election was going to be historic no matter what the outcome. If Obama won, we would have our first African- American president, and if McCain won we would have had the oldest guy to be elected to office. Through out this tough race the candidates were attacked on race or age or experience, and that was the only issue many people focused on. Race or age should have not been an issue in this race because our country is in such a slump right now and the most important thing is which candidate will get us out of this bottomless pit. I will remember the debates they had, the commercials they play, but most of all I will remember election night when Obama who was the UNDERDOG, won to McCain by a landslide with electoral votes.

November 7, 2008 at 9:10 am |
  182. Duvell

This election was amazing. I'll remember how this was a cut-throat election involving a female Republican Vice President candidate who went from being locally known to being acknowledged nationwide, a POW, and the 1st African American presidential candidate. This is the first election I ever paid attention to (aside from the fact that it was part of my history class).

November 7, 2008 at 9:11 am |
  183. Christopher

What I will remember most is how this shows that the American dream is possible for anyone. Obama came from nothing and adversity, but strived and persevered to become the man, the president that he is today. He has many fantastic ideas of how this nation should be, but I don’t think that he is being realistic. He will be remembered for either keeping his promises or failing miserably and only furthering the crisis in which we are in today.

Further more I will remember the inspirational speech he made the night he found out he had unofficially won the presidency. His speech was so inspirational it erased the early skepticism I had for him, replaced by the hope of tomorrow. This speech will go down in infamy and will be looked at by many as a reason to keep believing in a brighter tomorrow.

November 7, 2008 at 9:12 am |
  184. Rachel

I will remember the historical significance of this election. From the primaries to November 4th this election process has been anything but ordinary. I will remember watching the news and seeing Obama take the lead over McCain. Never in our history has an African American become president, and I will remember the emotions everyone felt once they witnessed this change happen. I will remember all of the debates, political commercials, and controversy that made up this election. Even though not every American agrees on who should have become president, I will remember how proud I am to live in this great country, where anything is possible.

November 7, 2008 at 9:16 am |
  185. Brandon

One of the things I’ll remember most about this election is the candidates themselves. Both President Barrack Obama and Senator John McCain had a strong sense of patriotism and pride in their country, which made both of them ideal candidates for the presidency. Although I favored Obama, had McCain won, it wouldn’t have bothered me too much. The fact that our nation’s first black president was elected will definitely always be a memory of mine that I will do my best to pass on to the generations to come. I’ll always remember where I was when I heard that Obama had won the election.

November 7, 2008 at 9:17 am |
  186. Katrina

I think whoever voted for Obama, and something really bad happens to our country, i'm going to blame all the people that voted for him.
    Also my mom thinks that we should stalk up on money and food because of Obama,she was like whispering by then.

GO MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 7, 2008 at 9:18 am |
  187. Shane

What I'll most remember about the 2008 election is that an African American president was elected for the first time in American history. I think this is a historic event and will be remembered by all who experienced and witnessed history. This event will be in our children’s history books and we’ll be able to share our experience with them one day.
    I think Obama did a fantastic job throughout the election and I think he deserves to be the next president. I will remember Obama being fearless throughout the election and not letting racial discrimination get in the way of his success. I will also remember all of the problems that the two candidates went through. They had to deal with tough questions on the war and the financial bailout. The candidates also had to deal with the debt of Wall Street vs. Main Street. Another big issue talked about was the national debt. I felt that both candidates did extremely well handling these big issues.
    One other thing that I’ll remember about the election was the huge turnout that we received. Approximately 134 million people came out to vote in the 2008 election. This is around 64%. This turnout was the largest since the 1908 election where the turnout was 67%. I will also remember Obama’s acceptance speech and McCain’s concession speech. McCain was very professional and Obama was very honorable. The 2008 election will go down in history as one of the most memorable elections ever!

November 7, 2008 at 9:19 am |
  188. princess

One thing that I will remember and I’m sure most people will remember from this election will have to be the many records broken by the democratic candidate Barack Obama, Who took everyone by a storm. Four years ago one new who he was and now out of nowhere he holds the highest position in the United States. He broke a lot records prior to him running, it’s sad that I didn’t vote in this historical election but next time wont pass me.

November 7, 2008 at 9:25 am |
  189. TJ

The most memorable thing is one, the breaking of the glass ceiling of having the first African American as the president of United States of America. I will remember this election because it was the first time I was able to vote. I think no matter the outcome of this election, November 4th was an important day because it represented the change we needed at a very critical time in the U.S. with the two wars, the economic crisis, and foreign relations in shambles. Ultimately this will be one of the most historical elections in the United States because it represents a bigger picture which resides in the The Constitution and was said by President Bush, and that is “to from a more perfect Union. I think one of the most important things said in President-elect Obama’s acceptance speech is “Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states, We are, and always will be, the United States of America.” That to me is very important because I believe the last few years it has been like that in Congress and for the next few years it is important that both republicans and democrats have to both reach across the isle and come to common ground for the challenges that we face right now in America and worldwide.

November 7, 2008 at 9:27 am |
  190. George

I will remember this past election for the difficulties and struggles that both McCain and Obama had to overcome on the campaign trail in order to reach out to the public. They fought for presidency because of their strong concern for our nations future leadership because they had similar but different plans for future policies to resolve problems at home and those involved with the global economy.

November 7, 2008 at 9:28 am |
  191. Stefanie

I am extremely excited to know that I was able to be apart of this election. Even though I was a couple months shy of being able to vote myself I am very happy to know that all of my family who was eligible did go and stand in the long line and vote. The first time I heard of Barack Obama I was so excited to find out he was going to be the first African American running for president and I didn't believe it. In winning the Democratic election over Hillary Clinton, he went on to face John McCain and Sarah Palin. But he didn't do alone because Joe Biden was right along side him as his running mate through all of John McCain's negative ads. I was somewhat surprised when Obama picked Biden over Clinton but as time went on I understood that it was a better choice. The fact he believes in change for not only African Americans but all Americans that tells he is ready to take on this challenge. The day of the election I was watching from the beginning all the way to the victory. Just seeing Barack Obama has been announced the 44th President of the United States on my television screen is a beautiful thing to see at my age. Witnessing that event made me believe that anything is possible in this country for every American.

November 7, 2008 at 9:29 am |
  192. VANESSA

The most memorable event that I will always remember is on the night of November 4, 2008, America elected the first African-American President, Barrack Obama. Even though I wasn’t old enough to vote and I was for John McCain, that night was truly history changing. To witness such an event is honoring, it’s history and I was there to see it. To be for John McCain, I will always remember the disappointing faces of so many of his supporters. Another major event that I will always remember is when John McCain chose Sarah Palin to be his Vice President. It’s memorable because she’s a woman and the glass for a woman President could have been broken. Instead the glass for an African-American to be become President was broken.

November 7, 2008 at 9:32 am |
  193. Xavier

What I am going to remember most about the election is that history is being made for all of the right reasons. Obama didn’t win just because he’s black. He won because his campaign was run very well, from the selection of Joe Biden as running mate to all of his proposed plans and ideas like more funding for childhood education, new healthcare plans, new directions in energy, and ultimately his withdrawal strategy for Iraq. As I watched the campaign I saw the Republican Party constantly trying to tear him down with technicalities and small things, but Barrack Obama endured it all, stayed true to his cause and rose victorious. The election altogether has just been proof that our great nation is no longer bound by simple discriminations. McCains humble concession speech proves that he is prepared to take the necessary step forward and he made it clear that he will do all that he can to support our new president. Our nation has come a long way and it is clear that for the most part we are ready for real change, and prepared for a new era in American history. Now that we have taken this step forward… We can really get some work done!

November 7, 2008 at 9:35 am |
  194. kenny

For the first African American and the next 44th president Obama has made change and is not going to stop. Through all the struggles he has encountered he still moving forward for the people and the united state of America. From the start of his camping to the end everyone seen a same person making a change not just for us but everybody. He wants to help all people and want the people to speak for him to listen. Right now during this financial bailout and trouble on Wall Street we as a whole can make a difference. But as I get older I would diffidently remember this historic election. Since 1908 we had the larges election for people to come out and vote. This is a start of a new beginning and it not the last. I would tell my children that i lived through a historical moment in life and that anybody can do what they want if they just reach for it.

November 7, 2008 at 10:35 am |
  195. BriaN

What will I remember about this historic election? I will remember the Democratic primary between Sen. Hillary Clinton and Sen. Barack Obama. It was a woman vs. a black man. As Obama won to represent the Democratic Party. I will remember Obama beating a man who was a solider and was a POW for 5 years. That man was John McCain who I can't think of anybody who was more pratioic than him. He gave it all for his country. I will also remember that if George Bush weren’t so hated by America that this election would have been closer and I believe John McCain would have won. I also will remember that I was seventeen and to young to vote, but in the first time in my life I had interest in voting and wanted to support Obama. I feel this is a man who is really going to save our country. I hope we made the right choice to elect Obama.

November 7, 2008 at 10:36 am |
  196. *Mar'quita

I am going to remember this for the rest of my life. In the past I didn’t unstand anything Democrat or Republican as the 21 mouths past I leaned alot about this election. It changed how I look at things. The fact that I was old enough to make my vote count. I made a difference that I can share with my children of the future that I voted and made the one that had big changes for the country the president of the United States. Am so happy that we have a black president in the white house and that I was hear to make history.
    My President-elect is Obama

-Mar’Quita

November 7, 2008 at 10:40 am |
  197. Tim

What I will remember from this years 2008 election is the new historical from Barrack Obama winning this years election. Obama won the election and being the first African American to win an election ever in the U.S. The amount of voters that came out to vote was the highest percent they ever had come out to vote. Young voters went out to vote for this year’s election to make a difference. It’s a big change, and change is what we need in America. Most of all the campaign was very hacked in this year’s election. The problems with the economy was very hard trying to get peoples votes because Americans where very seeking their intelligent. This years election was hard for some voters that where republican because did they want McCain to be president and he do the same thing Bush did. Maybe Barrack Obama might had dirt on him that happen n the past. These things is always in important to Americans making sure their making the right choice by listing t the candidates

November 7, 2008 at 10:41 am |
  198. Sharnae

What I remember the most about the election is that it was a long one. Obama and McCain had their different opinions about things. What they would say at the debts. How they would change the world and the economy. They both would never agree on things that they said. As I was watching Cnn news for the past few months we had problems in our economy such as the oil, Wall Street, and the election all going at the same time. I saw how both candidates going from one state to the other talking to the people. Tell us how there were going to change things. I really paid attention this time, I watched to news read newspapers. My little sibling had their eye on it at all time. For me to here that a lot of young people went out voted made me happy. This was my first time voting for a president, my parents were happy for me. I was scared but I feel as if I made good choice. Now Obama is our 44th president and he’s an African- American.

SHARNAE

November 7, 2008 at 10:47 am |
  199. brione

The things that I will remember most about this election are the fact that one of the candidates that were running for office was a female. Another main topic about this election was the fact that there was actually an African-American man being taken seriously as a presidential candidate. A lot of things about this election have been very memorable such as the amount of people who actually exercised their right to vote. The amount of people who changed from Republican to Democrat and also the amount of young people who registered and came out to vote for their candidate choice. The fact in this election that I will never forget is that a Black man with no experience in office actually won the election by almost a landslide against an opponent who was a war veteran with experience, and also the fact that Barack Obama is changing the way that things are doe in this country.

November 7, 2008 at 10:47 am |
  200. Caleb

The most important thing about this election that I will remember always will be the record that was broken, after hundreds years of the United States government. Senator Obama was over looked by many people because he was black. This election was the best election that I have ever seen in my life, because for a black man to have a strong African background be president for the United States Of America, that's history right by it self, so this election will forever remain in my head no matter what.

November 7, 2008 at 10:50 am |
  201. Keneisha

WHAT WILL I REMEMBER ABOUT THIS ELECTION?

What I will remember most about this election is that we have finally got the first African American man Barack Obama as president of the united States of America.
    I am proud to say that Barack Obama will make a difference in this Country. I really hope that he stick to his promises. I have faith in him and I believe he can make this world a better place. When first hearing that an African American man was running for president my first reaction to be honest was that Obama is not going to stand a chance because some how someone is going to find a way to rig this election. But guess I was proven to be wrong. Barack Obama is a strong black intelligent man that believes we can over come all obstacles. Not only is he a strong intelligent man but also he has a voice that is so powerful. I believe Obama is a very positive man who is against all negativity. Not once during this whole 2008 election has he talked bad about McCain after all negativity McCain had towards Obama. What I liked most about Obama’s victory speech is when he promised, "I will listen to you... I will ask you join in the work of remaking this nation... Block by block, brick by brick, callused hand by callused hand." I am very proud to say that my president of the United States is finally an African America man who believes that all things are possible.

November 7, 2008 at 10:53 am |
  202. payton

What i will remember the most about this election will be how i loved how Obama's name rhymes with lama! In tyh beginning that's the only reason i wanted to vote for him!!!!!!!

November 7, 2008 at 11:40 am |
  203. Melissa

I will remember that we are the generation that helped change america. Obama is the first black president, we've come a long way.

November 7, 2008 at 1:11 pm |
  204. LaQuan

The thing that I will remember the most about this election is how unique everyone involved was. Sarah Palin was the first woman to be a candidate for vice president. John McCain was a war veteran who was tortured as a prisoner of war. Finally, we had Barack Obama who was the most unique presidential candidate ever. He is the first African American president. He is also has the richest cultural backgrounds and life stories that America’s voters have ever seen. Every aspect of the 2008 election will be talked about as a major part of history.

November 7, 2008 at 2:01 pm |
  205. Marysa

I will remember this election for as long as I live. I was very inspired by Senator Obama and Governor Palin, for being the first African American president and the first republican female to run for presidency. They both have come a long way to be able to be where they are today and it's history! This was the first chance I was able to vote and I couldn't be more ecstatic to say that I did vote for Barack Obama and made history doing so. Governor Palin did a tremendous job as Senator McCain's Vice Presidential running mate, she worked extremely hard to show the country that a female can do and know everything that a male could and she'll always be remembered for her efforts.

November 7, 2008 at 2:03 pm |
  206. Anonymous

This election was honestly the first election I have ever followed. I can’t tell you how the previous elections have felt, but this one feels rejuvenating. Barack Obama will become the first African American president on January 20 2008, and that is a big event in my lifetime. One thing ill remember from this election is that my home state of Pennsylvania was a must win for Senator John McCain and he did not prevail.

November 7, 2008 at 2:06 pm |
  207. Kofi

I have been following the campaign trial in our class. I’ve constantly been watching CNN student news, getting the updates on the first first lady to run for president, and the first African American to run for president. Our teacher gave us prolific reminders of the exquisiteness of this election. Fellow students have had group discussions about this election, battles about “premonitions” about the outcome, and peace and happiness about the actual outcome. All this made no difference to me. It may be the most talked about, history made election, but what the president does is the same and will always be the same. There’s nothing to remember about this. Other presidents have made history by beating their opponents in a major landslide. This election was the same as the other lame elections.

November 7, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  208. Donte

November 7, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  209. Tanea

I never in my seventeen years of life followed an election like i have with this one. I will remember most started out with who is Brack Obama and who is John McCain and why are the important to us. Starting off my first day of Mr. Rayer's POD class, all we did was talk about the election and watch all of the updates on CNN student news. I grew to love Barack Obama and all that he was about. My most memorable moment though, will be on November 4th, 2008, when my 86 years old grandfather sat cry and turned to me and said that he never thought that he would see the day. It was a very historic moment,day, and time.

November 7, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  210. Sameerah

This year election was really important to me and I am sure it was to many other people. . There were many things that I will never for get about this election. I am blessed to be here in America to see this excitement history. To later tell my kids and show them newspapers about our president Barack Obama. I am so proud that Obama won. I remember all the radio and TV ads but the thing that I will remember the most was the night he was elected president. People came outside and it sound like a block party. They were yelling, beeping their horns, and running up and down the street. Go OBAMA!

November 7, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  211. Cyndi

I know that this election is one of the most influential elections ever. I will especially remember the influence the election had on America’s minorities. Many people were proud that a woman and an African American ran for office. It is a historic event in America’s history and I am proud to have been a witness to it. I will also remember the heated debates. They were strong on both sides and were well fought. I am happy that Obama won and proud to have witnessed one of the most historical elections ever.

November 7, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  212. Saidu

I will always remember November 4th, 2008, because this is the first election that I have participated in since I came to the United State of America last year. I will always remember that this election is a historic election. An African American became not only the 1st Black President, but also one of the most influential men on earth. I have never dreamed of that before, something that I always thought impossible. I will always remember this is an inspiration for all human being, especially Black African.

November 7, 2008 at 2:13 pm |
  213. victor

What I will remember most about the 2008 election is that Barack Obama won the presidential election with the fact that there are about 12-15% African Americans in the united states. To me this is really one giant step for mankind. America is really a united state.

November 7, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  214. Amber

I pulled for McCain and I felt he would help our country.
    Now Obama just has make the changes that he promised. Where will he get the money? Our wallets? Our tax money? Our Treasury? 🙂

November 7, 2008 at 9:41 pm |
  215. Derrick

obama changed history
    go OBAMA

November 8, 2008 at 7:44 pm |
  216. Angela

The most memorable moment of this campaign has undoubtedly been Obama's acceptance speech. He spoke eloquently, graciously, and was very inspirational. It brought me to tears!

November 8, 2008 at 11:13 pm |
  217. Saya

In my English class, we've been learning about Obama and MacCain's speeches and the debates. As I learned it, I realized how much both candidates have communication skills and their speeches and debates influenced and inspired a lot of people in the world.
    Compare to every American presidents, my country-japan's prim-minister are not good at having speeches. Our priminister just reads the draft and doesn't really care how to make a good speech.
    I want my prim-minister to recognize that he is lack of communication skills.

November 9, 2008 at 7:59 am |
  218. Moli

I will always remember that this election was the election tht would change my life for the better. i am so happy that Obama won. I think that McCain was pretty good too but I think that Obama did deserve to win. I will always remember how we voted in school. Even though it was a mock election, if it had been the real deal, I cant imagine what an impact I couldve had on the turn out of the election.

November 9, 2008 at 10:48 am |
  219. Matthew

My Memorie is that my mothers dad was in the in Nigerian army in the revalotion in the 50's and some of the 60' any he he died way after.So she like to use this day to remeber him.

November 9, 2008 at 6:24 pm |
  220. Melissa

The thing that I will remember most is that it was when I was a senior in high school, that the first African-American man became president. Even though I was not able to actually vote and be a part of his election to the presidency, I still followed the election before the Election Day, on Nov. 4. This was the first election that I was actually interested in and paid close attention to. I’ve had to watch other elections for school and would always forget about them, but not this one. This is the election that I would tell me children about; that I remember the day President Barack Obama was elected. I would tell them what it was like to have the first African- American president and how amazing it was just to watch his win.

November 9, 2008 at 8:15 pm |
  221. Yvonne

What I remember the most is this comment by Rush Limbaugh........

"I now believe he would be the weakest of the Democrat nominees," Limbaugh, among the most powerful voices in conservative radio, said on his program. "I now urge the Democrat superdelegates to make your mind up and publicly go for Obama."

"Barack Obama has shown he cannot get the votes Democrats need to win - blue-collar, working-class people," Limbaugh said. "He can get effete snobs, he can get wealthy academics, he can get the young, and he can get the black vote, but Democrats do not win with that."
    HMMMMMMM............ I wonder what crow taste like? Should you ask Rush?

November 9, 2008 at 8:59 pm |
  222. Heidi

This election has changed history although i would have liked mcain to be the presedent i am still greatfull for Obama

November 9, 2008 at 9:05 pm |
  223. JEN

What I personally will remember most about the 2008 election is the turnout. I will not forget how many people actually turned out for this election. The candidates running for president brought out many new votes, including those of who were able to vote for years but chose not to. The candidate both promoted new ideas and grew on old ones. Obama brought out the younger, interracial, and new voters. While McCain kept the republican, older, conserved voters. Obama has been very successful and I am pleased to say we have a black president. I personally do not see a difference in one man from another but he has made amazing progress in achieving his presidency. I think the qualifications and statistics of this presidential race brought out many new voters and encouraged the older voters.

November 9, 2008 at 10:38 pm |
  224. lik

I will always remember the 2008 elections. I will remember it because it was a historical election. This election had the best turnout ever. Young people came out and showed that we weren’t all talk. This will be the most memorable election in my life. This is because I saw the first African American president, it was the first electron I ever watched, and because it was the first time in my life that a president won by a landslide. I always knew I would see the first black president, but I didn’t think I would be this young. I wasn’t surprised when he won though. It turned out mostly the way the polls predicted it.

November 10, 2008 at 12:45 am |
  225. Addie

I love Veterans day because it is the day i get to see all the people who fought in war very happy. They get recognized for the great deed.

November 10, 2008 at 9:30 am |
  226. Addie

I think obama will bring change, new ideas and happyness. I thinnk america voted right!

November 10, 2008 at 9:31 am |
  227. Arisbeth

I am happy that Obama won this election. The reason that i'm happy that he won was because he knows what we need and what we want and John McCain does not.

November 10, 2008 at 12:15 pm |
  228. Berenise =]

The most im going to rember is the election because we are making history for the united states new African-Amercia Preident. When I have my grand kids im going to tell them that Omaba was the frist African-Amercia Preident in the United States..

November 10, 2008 at 12:18 pm |
  229. Brittney

There are many things that I will remember from this election but one thing that I will not forget is having the opportunity to help make history being able to vote for the first time on a very historical election and volunteering my time at and Obama Campaign on election day and actually being able to see how people of all races and age group band together and encourage each other in those long line and found ways to help each other in any way they could whether it was giving some one a ride to their polling place or letting someone stand under their umbrella when it begun to rain jus so they would turn away form their civil right. This election brought out a sense of unity among the country and a sense of hope and much need change. I will never forget the compelling speech that Senator McCain and President Obama gave that night. But most especially the speech that Barack Obama gave it really touched my heart. That is what I will remember the most from this Election.

November 10, 2008 at 12:41 pm |
  230. Anabel

I am happy Obama won. I know I'll remember this election. It is a historic event. The first ever African American president, that is amazing.

November 10, 2008 at 1:36 pm |
  231. Kate

I think that because obama was elected everything will change and black people will have more options.

November 10, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  232. JOE

Barrack Obama won the election and will become our new president. I most remember most about this election is sitting back and listening to both the candidates and what they had in mind to fix all our problems. I’ll remember all the commercial of candidates saying why their best for America and why their opponent is not. I’ll remember while learning more about how the economy works, seeing how it affects everyone and everything and how serious of a problem we face. I can always say that I lived through one of the most important, serious, and historic election ever in the history of the country.

November 10, 2008 at 3:41 pm |
  233. Maria

What I will remember most about this election is how excited I was when I learned that Obama won...but I also felt sad about how California voted about Proposition 8, which bans gay marriage. Gay people should have the same rights as everyone else.

November 10, 2008 at 7:39 pm |
  234. Ameena

This election was the first election I actually wanted to be apart of. For the first time, I watched the presidential debates, and campaigns. I never knew politics could be so interesting. I will always remember how exciting this election was. For the first time, the United States of America had an African-American presidential candidate. A lot of people believed they knew which presidential candidate would win, but no one knew for sure. I will also always remember the feeling I got when it was announced the Barack Obama had won the presidential election. I couldn’t believe it. I thought they would come back and say they needed to re-count the votes, like in the 2001 election. I was shocked that he won by a landslide. I thought it would be close to a tie. I congratulate Barack Obama on his courageousness, and niceness.

November 10, 2008 at 9:34 pm |
  235. chelsea

I will remember how many people actually had an opinion , and a strong one at that. If I were able to vote, I would have voted McCain, but I missed the required age by 3 months. I will also remember how this country chose to elect a president that does not even say the Pledge of Allegience. Nice goin guys.

November 12, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  236. Felipe

I will always remember how the Founding Fathers of our country rolled over in their graves in shame. Sure it was historic but in a really bad way. The only reason he won, is because of his rhetoric skills. he was able to persuade the mindless horde of the new generation into voting for him. America was built on the "Amercan Dream:" being able to make something out of nothing. Now we are going to have to give our something to people have nothing. It would be ok, but the people getting the something dont do anything.

November 12, 2008 at 2:34 pm |
  237. Hill

The thing i'll remember the most about this election is that I was shocked when obama won. i wanted him to win but when i saw that it said he won i didn't believe the screen because i thought that it was too early to call. I prefer obama but i think that both candidates were well equipped for the job... except mccain just may have chosen the wrong vp for the job. Also i will remember how uneducated the people seemed who thought he was the anti-christ or a muslim

November 13, 2008 at 8:31 pm |
  238. Alice

I'm Glad Obama won!
    I also liked that when people say "LETS USE A HATCHET AND CUT PROGRAMS!"
    Obama didnt want to he wanted to see which one j=helps us learn

November 16, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  239. Hill

to make amendment to my earlier comment i don't think that being a muslim is bad but the people that think he is assume that they are all terrorists

November 16, 2008 at 7:32 pm |
  240. amira

I WILL ALWAYS REMIMBER WHEN OBAMA WON , MY PLAY THE BLACK SNOWMAN AND ALL MY FRIENDS FROM 6TH GRADE .

November 18, 2008 at 10:06 pm |
  241. brittany

I think that it is cool that a horse can walk on only three legs.

November 24, 2008 at 10:06 am |