November 5th, 2008

Nervous Energy

When I woke up this morning and got ready to go vote, I was nervous. The same thing happened when I was getting ready for work. And I realized it was because of the magnitude of this moment and the buildup to it. After nearly two years of campaigning, this presidential race was finally coming to an end, and the outcome was going to be historic, no matter who won. I think it's always exciting to watch an election unfold, and even more so to get the chance to write about it... even if that excitement is fueled by a healthy dose of nerves.

Jordan Bienstock, Writer

Filed under: Behind the scenes • News Coverage
  1. Tonio

Hi Jordan,

I watched the CNN-live feed tonight and must have fallen asleep at some point (it was just too late for us in Germany). When I woke up, the feed was still up and the first thing I saw was a statistic of a state where McCain won the major amount of votes. I thought it was the final statistic for the presidency. I was terrified, totally shocked, how could that be, McCain as president? Fortunately the truth turned out within minutes (when I was physically awake)...

November 5, 2008 at 5:09 am |
  2. Tiffany

Did the canidate you vote for won?

November 5, 2008 at 6:17 am |
  3. Aidan

this election was something to be nervous about because there is so much at stake. Either of the candidates would do well, but i think that Obama is a better choice for our country.

November 5, 2008 at 9:47 am |
  4. April

For my first time voting this was a very nervous time. These past weeks building up to the day when we would find out our president was a lot of fun. I was happy more than anything, because I get to vote this time, I got to let my voice be heard, and it was worth the wait. I never thought it would feel this good

November 5, 2008 at 1:51 pm |
  5. Krysten

Hey Tonio,

I watched CNN too! I live in Florida so I got to stay up for a little bit while doing home work. I thought McCain was going to win for a little bit, but I gussed totaly wrong!! I am mad that McCain did not win, but I think Obama will make an OK president. I hope he can get us out of the scare of a life time!!! :0

November 5, 2008 at 4:34 pm |
  6. Tyler

I was nervous because both had a good campaign. People were so used to Bush in presidency, I don't know what is going to happen.

November 6, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  7. Daisy

What I'll remember most about this election is the way the people around me reacted to the results of the election. Many cheered others sulked but hey, life is full of surprises and you just have to learn to accept the results also no matter the feelings some may have for the person in office they still have to respect the office and ignore their prejudice thoughts. I believe Obama will do a great job for our country and our future we just have to give him a chance before we judge.

November 6, 2008 at 12:43 pm |
  8. Heidi

nevous thats for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! zikes

November 9, 2008 at 9:08 pm |
  9. Teto

when i woke up that fatefull morning all i could think about throughout school and the rest of the day was about the election. i know that this is an election that will be remembered for ever because on one side there was a female vice president and on the other, an african american president. either way, this was amazingly historical

November 10, 2008 at 1:34 pm |
  10. Alex

We got school off that day, and I was very excited about the election. I was also very nervous, but I was sure that Obama would pull it off. I think that either candidate would do a great job, but I think Obama will do better.

November 11, 2008 at 8:46 am |