November 4th, 2008

I'm a Georgia Voter

The significance of the sticker I received today has never been so profound.  This is my third election yet my first time feeling like I was doing more than just my civic duty.  Let me explain, in the other elections I voted because my mom told me I needed to.  Mom always knows best, right?  Well this election was important to me not only from the historical perspective, but because I wanted to be educated on the candidates and the issues that affect Americans like me and you.  After walking out of the voting booth, I felt like I made a positive difference and felt even more patriotic.  My mom didn't call asking me if I voted this time, I called her!

How do you feel about this election?  Whether you voted or not, what were the feelings you had on the historical day of November 4, 2008?

Tomeka Jones, Associate Producer

Filed under: Behind the scenes • News Coverage
  1. John

i would feel so excited because we have a chance to make history and to be honest with you i stayed up all night and all i have to say is three words..."YES WE CAN!!!" obama has won this election at 11:00 p.m. and i am so relieved. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!

November 4, 2008 at 11:48 pm |
  2. John

338 [Obama] to 155 [McCain] Thanks to all you voters obama or mccain we love you and your voice.

November 4, 2008 at 11:50 pm |
  3. Meredith

I was horrified. Obama-ick. I personally think he is going to mess up this country bigtime and I am not looking forward to the next four years. Ew, ew, ew. I am a HUGE republican, and I can't grasp the concept that Iraq is most likely going to be in war again, our money is going to be taken away from us, and people only voted for obama because he was AFRICAN AMERICAN. AS PROVEN, PEOPLE EVEN THOUGHT PALIN WAS HIS RUNNINGMATE!!!! Go McCain!

November 5, 2008 at 12:33 am |
  4. Kassandra

I think the election was a good choice and I hope that Obama makes the world a better place and makes people feel like they can be welcome here to America. I also hope that he can make people think twice about being races any more and that they can do everything that a white man can do too. well this is my opinion.

November 6, 2008 at 10:25 am |
  5. brynley

I really hope Obama wins. He is strong smart and very headstrong. He is a great man with many plans to save our ecomany.GOOD LUCK OBAMA, I LOVE YOU SOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH WIN THIS ELECTION! YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SIGNED BRYNLEY

November 12, 2008 at 8:25 am |
  6. karen

i think Mccain would have messed up our country. i am not too sure about Obama either. i think they both could, but we have a better chance of surviving with Obama.

November 13, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  7. Mrs Blackstocks class

I may only be in 8th grade but texting while driving omg I can't beleive it is illegal in 7 states

November 13, 2008 at 5:18 pm |
  8. Tenasia

Hey Carl,
    I totally agree with the whole texting while driving thing, it is very dangerous and I could not beleive the percentage of teens who did text while driving

November 13, 2008 at 5:24 pm |
  9. Taylor

OBAMA IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REPUBLICANS HAVE CAUSED A LOT OF TROUBLE THE LAST EIGHT YEARS SO DEMOCRATS ARE THE ONLY WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BESIDES IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO McCAIN AND SARAH PALIN BECAME PRESIDENT WE'D BE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OBAMA CAN SAVE US FROM WHAT BUSH GOT US INTO!!!!!!!!!!! UNITED WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OBAMA BIDEN 08

December 2, 2008 at 7:30 pm |
  10. Taylor

I'm an independent and I thought Obama was the way to go
    Obama Biden 08'