October 23rd, 2008

Pink Hair Strands and a Candy Ban

My first topic in this post is about the student who risked suspension to dye her hair pink.  There's no doubt it was for a good cause:  to raise awareness about breast cancer.  But here's the hitch:  If school rules clearly say, "No unnatural hair color," and you dye a streak of your hair pink, aren't you risking the punishment?  She could've worn a pink ribbon, a pink bracelet, pink socks or pink shoelaces.  You may totally disagree with me - and that's fine - but I'd side with the school on this one.

However, I think the Massachusetts district's decision to ban all candy and soda from campus is WAY too extreme.  The new rules won't take full effect until January 1st, so Halloween candy will be all right for now.  But come 2009, NO candy will be allowed at school - and I think that's ridiculous.  While it may cut down on calories, I feel it unfairly penalizes those who eat sweets in moderation.  (Right now, in my desk at work, I have a bag of candy corn, and I'd be pretty ticked if someone took it away.)  So I side with the students here.

What's your take on these stories?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Robert

no hair color seems so 50's Taking away candy bad idea

October 23, 2008 at 10:45 pm |
  2. Ferbie

I think the girl should be allowed to die that strip of her hair pink, since it is Breast Cancer Awareness Week, but the principal gave her a very reasonable punishment.

October 24, 2008 at 6:43 am |
  3. Ferbie

The candy ban is rediculous! Students should be allowed to bring candy to school. Our school just doesn't allow the teachers to give out candy, but it's not like we are going to become obese if we just have a candy bar once in a while.

October 24, 2008 at 6:46 am |
  4. Nihar

Wearing pink to school is fine to show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Dyeing your hair pink might be going to far though. Since it's already against school rules, why would you want to do it?

October 24, 2008 at 8:04 am |
  5. Nihar

I think that banning candy for good is TOTALLY going overboard. I mean sure the United States probably is #1 for obesity and maybe diabetes but still,even after Halloween on Jan. 1st, kids might still have some candy they want to finish off.

October 24, 2008 at 8:07 am |
  6. Tiffany

I don't think students should dye their hair, that will distract other students. And I don't think there is any wrong without eating sweets at school.

October 24, 2008 at 8:09 am |
  7. Scott

the pink hair is over the line. But the candy is just unreal who would do that now kids will go against the rules and sneak candy.

October 24, 2008 at 8:13 am |
  8. Alina

Okay, the hair, it was to raise awareness of breast cancer. Your hair is your own, a school has no right to take away your rights as to what color your hair is, I admit some colors are way too out there, but it's still your hair, and it was for a good cause. Now where does the candy deal even come from? That's dumb, it may be healthier but still, kids are still going to sneak candy and soda in no matter what, the rule isn't worth it, it's not like their doing drugs, wouldn't they rather them have candy than drugs? Their time making rules could be better spent making real rules.

October 24, 2008 at 8:21 am |
  9. melissa

Dye your hair pink to raise awareness about breast cancer? I think that's a great idea because dying your hair pink will be a great way to show people that supporting them is something they should do. And about taking away the candy, I think that’s ridiculous because I love candy and can’t live with out it.

October 24, 2008 at 8:54 am |
  10. Mr. Chalmers

The candy ban goes way too far. Schools have enough to worry about without checking students lunches for candy. Let parents parent! Let schools teach.

October 24, 2008 at 9:50 am |
  11. Sean

The candy ban will only makes students hate school more than they already do. It is a bad decision. If students get their own candy, they should be allowed to eat it. And not allowing it in backpacks is cruel. What if they want a snack after school...

October 24, 2008 at 9:53 am |
  12. Grace

i don't think that that's a 2 bad punishment. actually it depends on how long it would have 2 b. i think there's enough info. about breast cancer. i don't think it would b that hard. i think that's a good reason 2 dying your hair.

October 24, 2008 at 10:03 am |
  13. Grace

i think kids should b able 2 bring candy 2 school. what do they think they're going 2 stuff themselves 2 death? i really don't know anyone who would do that. i really don't!

October 24, 2008 at 10:06 am |
  14. Abby

The pink hair was a really cool idea. I don't understand why the school had a rule against it. She was showing her support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I think that everyone should care about this month like this girl. Also the candy ban was a bad idea. Taking away kid's candy privileges is wrong. The school could limit the children's candy intake, but the ban was a little too much.

October 24, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  15. Lucas

I think the pink hair was an interesting idea, she made quite the statement and I don't see why having colored hair would be a problem, risk or in any way bad. The candy ban on the other hand is just plain WRONG the school is going waaaaaaaaaaaay overboard with that and if anything kids will just bring in more candy or eat extra sweets at home.

October 24, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  16. gwen!!!

DO U WANT US TO DIE????WE NEEEEEEEEED CANDY!!!!! IN RUNS US!!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  17. Emily

No more candy?! I'd be pretty upset if I couldn't bring delicious chocolate to school. And it's effective right in between Christmas and Valentine's Day? Oh no! I feel bad for those kids. I'd definitely sneak some; go chocolate! And about the girl with the pink hair? What authority do they have to give her a suspension? (Luckily they didn't.) What if a family member of hers was suffering from breast cancer? Wouldn't anyone in that case feel bad and want to support the fight against it? Hm.

October 24, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  18. Eliza

I think that the school went to far with banning candy. If the kids parents let them bring candy to school then it is okay. The school shouldn't so against what kids parents say, they should just go along with it. Also, if you are supporting something you believe in you should be able to die your hair the color that you want. And that is not nice to try to stop someone doing something that they are supporting.

October 24, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  19. Amanda

I think its awesome that she cares so much about breast cancer that she dies her hair PINK.
    Everyone should do it if they want to.

October 24, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  20. Amanda

About the candy...its a pretty good idea but im not liking the veggie monster.

October 24, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  21. Tyler

i think that the school should liten up and get rid of the ridiculous rules.

October 24, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  22. Leah

I think that the school shouldn't ban candy. Yes, some kids eat too much, but what about the people who don't? They're having a privilege taken away that they deserve to have.

October 24, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  23. Todd

I feel that things like hair color should be allowed to let slide as long as it is for an appropriate reason, also I feel that banning something that is common is not right.

October 24, 2008 at 10:19 am |
  24. shaun

The school was to tough on the students if some wants to die there hair for breast cancer then i think it is fair

October 24, 2008 at 10:21 am |
  25. Alexander

I think that that is just plain wrong. I think that getting a punishment for something so small, and for a good cause is wrong. I also think that banning candy.......... that's just wrong. If people want to eat candy then let them. It violates the rights in the constitution. We want, we want, ........CANDY!

October 24, 2008 at 10:22 am |
  26. sam

I think that it is complete bad think to ban a candy from school

October 24, 2008 at 10:24 am |
  27. Devin

I think that if someone wants their hair to have pink in it then that is their decision. I don't think that it is right that they are trying to take candy out of schools that is also a decision that a kid has to make and if they want to then they should be able to. It is their teeth and their body.

October 24, 2008 at 10:24 am |
  28. Kelsee

I think that if she was sporting some thing like that then she should be able to and they should not have any thing to say cause it is a good cause an d they should just let her do it and get over it

October 24, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  29. Brittany

I think that candy should be allowed in school. They should just put a restriction on how much you can bring a day or something. Every person needs a little junk food every now and then. As long as students can control them selves, candy should be allowed.

As for the pink hair, I think that the school should allow this high lights. It is just like the freedom of speak. She is just trying to get people aware of breast cancer. The school is being way to hard on that girl if you ask me.

October 24, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  30. Mitch

The candy ban is kind of right cause they don't need candy to learn. What i don't get is how a girl can get suspended for coloring her hair if that was my school they wouldn't give a single thought about it they would be like oh I like the hair.

October 24, 2008 at 10:27 am |
  31. Josh

These schools are getting so ridiculous!! What did the students do to get this stuff banned. You have to let some of the students have rights. I can understand about the whole vegetarian thing but candy!! Thats just not okay...

October 24, 2008 at 10:38 am |
  32. Brady

She shouldn't have to do a essay or have a detention for a little strip of pink hair, it isn't all that desiccating

October 24, 2008 at 10:40 am |
  33. Nathan

I think for the school district to decide what students can and cannot eat or drink is crazy. It should be up to the family to make that decision. The school makes rules to make school safe and a learning environment, but setting a rule on candy and soda does not affect safety or the quality of learning.

October 24, 2008 at 10:49 am |
  34. malyk and alfred

DON'T BAN CANDY FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!CANDY!CANDY!CANDY! NO SERIOUSLY THEY SHOULD NOT BAN CANDY BECAUSE PARENTS SHOULD PUT WHATEVER THEY WANT IN THEIR KIDS LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CANDY!CANDY!CANDY!GO CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  35. kyle

i want CANDYYY!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  36. Tiffany

I think its rediculous that they even have a ban on unatural hair color. In today's material world, telling students that they can't express themselves with their appearence. Its wrong to oppress someones individuality. And the fact that she was supporting a good cause, makes it even more acceptable.

October 24, 2008 at 11:15 am |
  37. Tyler

I personally think what the student did was a good thing, and shouldn't have been punished in any way. It is good to see everyone doing something to bring up the topic of cancer awareness!

October 24, 2008 at 11:23 am |
  38. sdog

I thang thates the porsones chose and his or hers and its cool.
    And shes a teen ageer and thast her chose not the parents.

October 24, 2008 at 11:53 am |
  39. devin

I think that that is stupid any person wierd boy or normal girl should be able to dye there hair pink the princibalof that school should be fired becouse this is America not china and about the candy deal i wont go there

October 24, 2008 at 11:58 am |
  40. Mattea

The idea of the pink hair strand is a cool idea. I think that the teacher should have been required to ask the other students if they agreed with the teach or their classmate. Schools need to raise the awareness of breast cancer, and that it is a horrible disease to fight. I think that it is a good idea to ban the candy form school so kids don't fill up on candy before lunch. Now for a school to take the position to ban the candy is very wrong, it should have been the parents to ask the teachers' to ban the candy.

October 24, 2008 at 12:01 pm |
  41. Dani

I think it is good for the girl to color her hair pink. It's good to give suport for breast cancer awareness month.It's good that shes not gitting suspention.
    The principal of the scool that's banding candy must be pretty stupid kids love candy. We can have candy for lunch if we want to.If there not our parents then they can't tell us what to pack for lunch. Especially if our parents our the ones how pack our lunch.

October 24, 2008 at 12:01 pm |
  42. kristen

The no candy on campus thing is not cool. The parnets of those students should decide . I think that they can havecandy on campus. I think what she did was pretty cool,and the principal did not overstep his or her bondries .

October 24, 2008 at 12:10 pm |
  43. Edward

Carl, I really agree with your point about those two issues.
    I think the reason of she chose to dye her hair pink instead of simply wear a pink ribbon is clear, because her hair looks great! (I like it....) I do believe that she really concerned about the breast cancer, but it was clever...
    And as a chocolate fan, yes, I think that’s ridiculous too! All students can't eat ANY candy only because some of students can't resist it. Wouldn't they just eat double of candy and triple of coke after school?

October 24, 2008 at 12:27 pm |
  44. Jessica

I think it's completely wrong for a school to ban students from bringing candy to school, because it's just not fair to those who eat candy in proper amounts or sparingly. It's just not right. That school is taking away student liberties by banning candy.

I disagree with you on the pink hair strands, though, Carl. Sure, she could've worn a pink ribbon or other such thing, but it's more likely that those wouldn't have been prominently displayed in the way that the student wanted. The items of clothing might have been hidden from view, whereas the strands of hair would be displayed to the whole school and the student wouldn't have to go out of her way to remind people about breast cancer awareness.

October 24, 2008 at 12:39 pm |
  45. Brett

The girl should be allowed to dye a strip of her hair pink, it is for a good cause, and the thing where they are taking away all candy is completely insane they should keep the candy.

October 24, 2008 at 1:01 pm |
  46. Karen

I think that this rule is not the most intelligent one they could have come up with. They could have taken out all of the candy machines in the building and out of the lunchrooms, but banning it altogether is going too far. It's a personal choice. The kids know what is right and what is wrong. Let them pave the road in their life, and become who and what they want to be; don't set roadblocks.

October 24, 2008 at 1:04 pm |
  47. Matt

I think its a free country so students should be able to bring whatever type of candy they want!!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:30 pm |
  48. Ben

i think that the candy and stuff shouldn't be banned they should have a vote or something to decide i think it is unfair.

As for the pink hair i think the same.

October 24, 2008 at 1:31 pm |
  49. Natalie

I think that if someones want to die there hair then they can especialy if it is for a good cause like Breast Cancer.

I think that this school is going wayyyyyyy overboard on not letting people bring candy to school i mean it is one thing if candy is all someone eats but not letting it in the school is MEAN!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:31 pm |
  50. Hannah

i don't think they should ban candy from school because it way to good i couldn't live with out candy!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:32 pm |
  51. Hannah

It it is so stupid to ban candy from campus i don't think its fair at all, the teachers shouldn't be the ones in charge if were fat or not!!!!! were kids and when your a kid we EAT CANDY!!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:32 pm |
  52. Paige

that is so unfair!!!! but i would understand if the kids were getting so hipper, The kids would probably not focus. Kids should at least be able to have it in there backpacks, or after school.

October 24, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  53. Tori

I think that it should be ok because its not like it is herting anyone or anything so why is not allowed!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  54. Matt

WHAT!!!!!No CANDY???HUH??? This is just absurd!!AHHH

October 24, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  55. Kameron

I think that banding candy is going to far i think that i should be aloud in school at snack time or at lunch also, this crazy because they're even banning in the backpacks, they're treating it like drugs

October 24, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  56. Tigger

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! MAN WE CANNOT SURVIVE WITHOUT CANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:34 pm |
  57. Espen

I think that if a kid wants to bring candy to school they should be able to because Halloween only comes once a year, and if they get fat it dose not effect the school

October 24, 2008 at 1:34 pm |
  58. Kameron/alex

I think that banding candy is going to far i think that i should be aloud in school at snack time or at lunch also, this crazy because they're even banning in the backpacks, they're treating it like bad stuff that we cant talk about.

October 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  59. Shae

I think if the girl wants to die her hair pink that is her chose she also is saporting a great our librarian had censer and i sported her 100% and take it from someone else with pink bangs.

Peace 🙂

October 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  60. Joe;-)

i think that this is a good idea because some people don't like to whare pink but at lesast their is somthing to souport but it also is stupit that she has to give a speach

i think this school bord is going over with no candy 🙂 😉 😛

October 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  61. Quinn

banding candy is not right but it is right to have candy but only at lunch or snack but not during classes and stuff.

October 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  62. Tristan

I think banning candy is way to extreme. It's a free country and I think people should be allowed to bring candy if they would like.

October 24, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  63. Alex

I think it's completely stupid not to allow candy because some people are so used to eating candy during lunch time. What if it was Halloween would that mean no candy. And we're just kids we should be able to have candy.

October 24, 2008 at 1:36 pm |
  64. will

candy is good and it is one of those things that keep kids ABLE TO SURVIVE IN SCHOOL!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  65. Jordan:-)

thats crazy/awsome... rock-on....;-p

;oo

October 24, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  66. Samye

With the breast cancer thing, I love that the girl took a risk for something she believed in which to me is pretty awesome. the fact that the school punished her I think was totally unfair. They should've supported it even though it was against school rules. It's not like she's coloring her hair for halloween. And the candy thing at school, eh, I'm yes and no for that. Yes because hey, kids need their candy. And no because it can get distracting and can get kids in trouble and the whole not sharing thing, which isn't too nice.

October 24, 2008 at 2:05 pm |
  67. Carly

I think that kids should be aloud to keep candy in thier lockers because its their decission on what they eat after school.

P.S. why did Carl Azuz sit on the other side his desk??

October 24, 2008 at 2:15 pm |
  68. Steph

you should let them have candy in theire backpack or at least in the locker, and it's also alittle stupid that they can't have candy.

October 24, 2008 at 2:18 pm |
  69. Haley

i think that that it is fine that she should be supportive to breast cancer.

ps Carl Azuz is not wearing a tye !!!

October 24, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  70. Julianna

I think that the girl should be aloud to dye her hair whatever color she wants. It is her right.

October 24, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  71. Ajah

I think that kids sholud be able to take candy to school because kids are already gonna be over weight. And about the girl..They should let her have her hair pink because its her choice and shes supporting breast cancer..!

October 24, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  72. Mrs. West's Class

Pertaining to the student with pink hair–we are proud of her for standing up for what she believes in even though it did go against school policies. My students think that the small strip of pink hair doesn't really impact anyone or anything. Our class feels that she didn't dye her hair to be mischevious or to be a rebel. She did it for a noble cause and we support her. Some of our students think that she should do the presentation and some do not.

Some students feel that she should have gotten permission first or run it by the principal.

Mr. Azuz, My students like your haircut.

October 24, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  73. Mr. Skidmore

We believe that the 1st Amendment allows for freedom of expression including the freedom to express your views on issues such as Breast Cancer Awareness through any means necessary including coloring your hair PINK!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  74. Sophie

ok first give them back there Candy!!!! and the pink hair dye it so weird if she wants to dye her hair let her dye her hair its her hair not the schools to controll i dont get it if u have a problem with it princiable that You got some problems!!! ok

Peas out Home dogs!!!!! 🙂

October 24, 2008 at 4:24 pm |
  75. chloe-

Candy is are life we need it the pink hair dye is ok if her oarentd say if its ok than it ok!!!!

Peacse out again homies!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 4:27 pm |
  76. CANDY GIRL :):):):):):)

I think that they should not take the CANDY but they should give you MORE!!!!:) And pink hair is AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:):):):):):)All people that think candy is bad, well
    Boo TooYou :p:p

FROM CANDY GIRL!!! :):):):)

October 24, 2008 at 4:39 pm |
  77. Mrs. Carroll's Class

The school, althought it has students' best interests in mind, inflicts on parent's rights to decide on their child's eating habits. Maybe they should focus on educating them about obesity and diabetes instead of punishing them.

October 24, 2008 at 4:59 pm |
  78. Mel

I think she should of asked the school whether she could dye her hair pink because it's ricking suspention. For the candy however, I think that it shouldn't be allowed in class but if it is in lunches, I think it is okay. Parents usually choose what kids eat out of their lunchbox so I think it is the parents choice, not the schools,

October 24, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  79. Abbie

Her idea for pink hair was GREAT!!! She is showing her support for breast cancer awareness. And NO CANDY!?!?!?!?! That is not fair at all.
    I think students should be allowed to have candy, but only at lunch with a limited amount.

CandyGrl :p :p

October 24, 2008 at 6:34 pm |
  80. Mandy

i think the candy ban is ridiculous and goes too far. they should limit how much candy is on campus rather than take allt he candy all together!

October 24, 2008 at 6:44 pm |
  81. Mandy

it's ridiculous that it's even against school code to have a few pink strips in your hair. and besides, it's for breast cancer awareness...not a gang or anything harmful.

October 24, 2008 at 6:45 pm |
  82. Amber

i think that they sholud not ban candy it is just not far they can be able 2 eat it during lunch but not any where elese

October 24, 2008 at 6:49 pm |
  83. Trey

I think that it is not fair for people not to dye there hair pink but they still should have asked the principle first. I don't think that they should ban candy, unless a lot of people are getting diabetes, If only a few people none, because then you should still be aloud to eat it at lunch or a limited amount.

October 24, 2008 at 7:19 pm |
  84. Joss

Candy band- I see why they would do it during school....but if your not aloud to have it in your backpack, thats just not right.

Hair color- I LOVE the idea of the pink color! I don't see a problem with un-natural hair color in the first place....its away to express ourselves. But I can see a religious shcool doing something like

October 24, 2008 at 7:31 pm |
  85. Maronda

Pink hair is against the rules but they should not suspend someone for a good cause,and it was only a little highlight, it's not that distracting!! And the candy thing, that school board must be INSANE!! 1. We don't have a lot of candy at school, unless we have a pretty big stash of candy with an approving teacher.
    2.CANDY is part of youth. We NEEED CANDY!!!! WE RUN ON CANDY!!! Candy makes us COMPLETE!!!!! taking it away is like taking away part of us!!! Whoever thought this up has completely lost it!

P.S. still love those shoutouts!!

October 24, 2008 at 7:39 pm |
  86. Annabella

That school is nutz for banning candy. Seriously, candy is like my life! And I am not fat.....yet. But that is just so insane to ban it. Someone can have obesity and such when they eat at home. Some people don't care. I can't wait for halloween! CCCAAANNNDDDYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

That girl was so cool for doing that. I think she should do the report but i can't believe the school might punish her for putting it in her hair.The report can get people caught in the moment but it should be optional for her to do than for her to do mandatory. Plus does that mean they can't put stuff in their hair for halloween. What is the fun with that?

btw, great pun today.

October 24, 2008 at 7:50 pm |
  87. Zack

This is a brilliant idea, the principal did everything perfect. Plenty of people, including myself for that matter, underestimate the power of pink. Oh boy Carl, what next will you share with us?

October 24, 2008 at 8:01 pm |
  88. Haleigh

Well I think that the school let her keep the pink hair die in because she is supporting Breast Cancer Awareness!!!!!

October 24, 2008 at 8:02 pm |
  89. Lacey

I think children should be able to enjoy candy, but in moderation. Also, if the school is going to ban candy they should contribute by giving the children healthy and tasty snacks.

October 24, 2008 at 8:02 pm |
  90. Chloe

The Massachesetts district's decision to ban candy is totally unreasonable! If we as United States Citizens have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of the press, shouldn't we have freedom of candy-eating too? It's not hurting anybody but the person eating the candy, and it's really not the school's business to tell a student what they should or shouldn't eat.

October 24, 2008 at 8:38 pm |
  91. heidi

We did the pink hair extentions at my school and it was perfectly fine. We did not have to do any sort of presentation. Personally just let her have it. It is for a good cause Plus the candy banning i think will help with heath problems!

October 24, 2008 at 9:04 pm |
  92. Alexis

I think that its silly, that she should get to have pink hair, its not forbidden in my school.

October 24, 2008 at 9:08 pm |
  93. Alexis

I think she should be able to show her support for national breast cancer awareness month. I think that her punishment is good, though. I'd rather do a report like Cindy then get suspended for having pink hair.

October 24, 2008 at 9:13 pm |
  94. Jenny

What else are you going to do band all sugars for the earth and of the coloring you can't make her dye her hair back.

October 24, 2008 at 10:11 pm |
  95. mark

what is considered an unnatural color? Is that saying that if y our a blond you can dye your hair red. Would red be an unnatural hair color. But say your are an brunette and you have some bright orange spots through genes. Would the be suspended? I think people have the right to do what ever they want with their hair. They are just trying to support what they think is right and they are trying to express them self.

October 25, 2008 at 9:49 am |
  96. paul

i dont think its fair that kids wont be able to bring candy to school. there's one nite of the year that kids dress up and collect candy, if we cant bring candy to school whats the point of halloween

October 25, 2008 at 9:53 am |
  97. Drew

If people want to express themselves and make a point then let them! If we go through life withought making points we will never be able to function the way life was intended to be.

October 25, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  98. Josiah

I think that the pink hair was great for that girl to do and I am glad that she didnt get suspended. And As for the candy ban I think that the school board is quite crazy.

October 25, 2008 at 11:51 am |
  99. Sarah

I think it was great for the girl to support breast cancer awareness, however i think she could7ve done somwthing else other than dye her hair. I feel there were other options she could've done other than break the school rules.
    I think it7s a little harsh to ban all soda and candy at the school because I think it's not fair for the people who only eat candy at times. They shouldn't make a rule about candy or sodas, they could maybe talk about taking in too much junk food.

October 25, 2008 at 1:44 pm |
  100. Kaitlin

i can't believe they would suspend a girl for dying one little strand of her hair pink that is so wrong especially because she was doing it to support breast cancer awarness

and

for the story about the candy every student needs alittle fix of sugar to keep them awake would you rather have them drinking coffee of energy drinks think about that

October 25, 2008 at 1:53 pm |
  101. zach

I think a candy ban is a ridicolous idea! My teacher tends to give out candy every time my class does something good. Either that or just often. Imagine what the prize would be if all schools banned candy. Handshakes? I understand why they would ban candy. For health and allergie issues. But teachers should give out a prize for doing someting when others aren't.

October 25, 2008 at 2:46 pm |
  102. Kiara

I think that pink strained hair showed be allowed because it's not hurting anyone so why should it care to others about what kids.

October 25, 2008 at 3:24 pm |
  103. Kiara

I think that she should not get punished because she did it for a good cause Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And maybe she is supporting a family memember. And i do think its wrong that the school decided just to punish he instead of asking why she di what she did.

Ban candy on Campus:
    Are they crazy you can't ban candy when Halloween is coming up. That's the beauty of Halloween. So i for one say no to bane candy:)

October 25, 2008 at 3:30 pm |
  104. Hamilton

I think the school should make an exception about this for breast cancer awarness month like some school do.

October 25, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  105. Hamilton

Banning candy is a little harsh.It does sound like a good idea but not today.

October 25, 2008 at 3:36 pm |
  106. Courtney

I think the students should be able to dye there hair if its for a good cauz like breast caner awaness. And i think that the candy band is unfare cuz the students should be able to keep it in there bags for after school.

October 25, 2008 at 3:46 pm |
  107. Courtney

I think it should be up to the kids and there parents to decide weather or not they can dye there hair.

October 25, 2008 at 3:50 pm |
  108. Alissa

I think that banning candy and soda from the students is good and bad. Good because the school is showing that they care for the health of the students and bad because it is the student decision of what type of food they eat whether it be healthy or non and they will be the ones who suffer from it in the future.

October 25, 2008 at 5:28 pm |
  109. Kaitlyn

I saw these two things in social studies class the other day and personally if someone dyes there hair for a good cause(like breast cancer awareness or something)then it should be allowed. I think the whole candy thing is somewhat ok......i think the kids should atleast be able to keep candy in their backpacks because they might eat it after school or something and when they eat it after school then it has nothing to do with the school's rules! 🙂

October 25, 2008 at 5:46 pm |
  110. fabio

I DONT THINK SCHOOLS SHOULD BAN CANDY. parents should just check their kids` lunch boxes to see how much candy is in it. if there is to much candy in it , just take some out!

October 25, 2008 at 6:13 pm |
  111. Julio

I think it is cool she has pink on her hair for this month.
    It is not only to look good but to symbolize the people that
    have died of cancer. But I think she should give a presentation
    on what the pink symbolizes at her school. Some people don't
    even that the month of October symbolizes the month of cancer.

October 25, 2008 at 9:40 pm |
  112. Julio

I think that is crazy to ban candy form schools even if it is yours.
    I what about if a teacher want to give out candy to the students
    that did good work on their home work or something.
    Will that also be band too?

October 25, 2008 at 9:45 pm |
  113. Jenna

I think she should be able to dye her hair pink, because that is freedom of expression, right? i mean, it is one tiny pink streak. its not like she dyed her whole hair pink. they are overreacting to this.

October 25, 2008 at 11:03 pm |
  114. LauraEllen

I think its stupid that the school is banning candy because I think if students keep it under control and don't eat it in class its fine.

For the pink hair issue, I know many students in my school that have there hair in unatural colors. They express themselves that way. If that's what they want to do, let them do it. It's their choice not yours.

October 25, 2008 at 11:19 pm |
  115. Alex

If my school banned candy AND soda, I would have to go to one of our school rivals.

October 25, 2008 at 11:44 pm |
  116. Sven

I think the candy banning is usless. All you have to do is wait till shcool gets out, then go off campus and fill yourself with whatever. It doesnt really do anything except put the sugar eating off for a few hours.

October 26, 2008 at 9:17 am |
  117. Sven

As for the pink hair thing, stupid. Our school lets hair dyeing. And besides, whats so bad about it. Not only that but she was representing a very importent cause.

October 26, 2008 at 9:20 am |
  118. Alice

Well, I certainly won't think of breast cancer if I see someone with pink hair. And about the candy ban...they can have their sweets at home.

October 26, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  119. Dan

Banning Candy doesn't really make sense to me. First of all, it's just one school. One school isn't going to make a difference in the country-wide diabetes and obesity problem were having. Second of all, all it's going to do is make more kids eat off campus more of the time.

October 26, 2008 at 11:27 am |
  120. Dan

I personally think that people should be able to show their awareness for breast cancer if they want to. However, since the rule is "no unnatural hair color," I think it makes sense that she should show her reason for the pink hair streak to the entire school.

October 26, 2008 at 11:38 am |
  121. Yvonne

For the girl who died her hair pink, i think that was a nice reminder about breast cancer awareness. But for the candy thing. it's just not right! We should be able to eat candy whenever we want. If we become fat, that's are problem not the schools! Even if we did band candy, when the kids get home they're just going to pig out on candy. Either way people will still obese.

October 26, 2008 at 12:50 pm |
  122. Thomas

I think its standing up for what you believe in and dont let school rules get in your way.

October 26, 2008 at 5:29 pm |
  123. Thomas

And the candy band I think is good because their are millions of obese children in the world and we have to decrese that some how.

October 26, 2008 at 5:31 pm |
  124. Cody

I think schools should let students dye their hair pink on breast cancer month becaues it shows that you are supporting it.Taking the candy out of school is a bad idea becaues student will have nothing to look forward to at school for doing good .

October 26, 2008 at 7:27 pm |
  125. Dakota

I do not think that candy should be banned because if you didn't have cavities, dentists couldn't make money.

October 26, 2008 at 9:09 pm |
  126. Emma

I don't think candy should be banned from schools. How would the staff know if students were bringing candy? Teachers are not allowed to search kid's backpacks unless they have a good reason.

October 26, 2008 at 9:11 pm |
  127. Megan

I don't think that candy should be banned from schools. It won't do anything because kids can just go home and eat candy.

October 26, 2008 at 9:12 pm |
  128. Meagan

This candy ban thing is just not right! It is just going overboard and is
    crazy! That girl should be allowed to dye her hair a little bit of pink since it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

October 26, 2008 at 11:59 pm |
  129. D@nielle

your not supposed to eat candy during classes, but ban it??? SOOOOOO wronge.

October 27, 2008 at 2:48 am |
  130. Peyton

I think that the girl who died a strand of her hair is super cool for trying to raise awareness for something she feels strongly about. If it was okay with my parents I would do something like that in a heartbeat. I think the candy thing is a bad idea. Maybe this school should try cutting back on candy and soda or something along those lines because they are going to have a lot of problems with people getting angry.

October 27, 2008 at 9:15 am |
  131. Hilary

I think she should be able to support breast cancer by doing that and besides its not that bad ive seen worse.

October 27, 2008 at 9:18 am |
  132. Gabe

I think that the pink hair is perfectly fine, i can see where they are comming from. Just wearing pink ribbons, or pink shoe laces wont get the job done. people wouldnt notice those small things. But pink hair, im sorry, but i would notice that right off the bat. If you were trying to get a message across, wouldnt you want it to SCREAM in the peoples faces? i know i would.

October 27, 2008 at 9:22 am |
  133. Gabe

Candy is cool. Keep the candy. It's not like they are selling it like drugs, and if you take it away, they will.

October 27, 2008 at 9:23 am |
  134. Surada

My friends she dye her hair pink, nothing happen with her, I mean she still the same person and she totally fine with her pink hair, we live in free country so we can do what we want, and about candy I think it’s my life ~, I believe candy make your brain think better, have you ever heard that if you eat chocolate before you have a test you will think better?

October 27, 2008 at 9:24 am |
  135. Alex

Though it was risking punishment and she could have chosen other ways to show it, I think that it is good that that girl dyed part of her hair pink, because she was doing it for a good cause, and people might not notice if she just has pink shoelaces. I think it would have been better though if she just had a pink extension, the removable stands of hair. The candy thing though, I would not be happy if the school took away my candy, and besides any candy I have at school, I get from the school.

October 27, 2008 at 9:31 am |
  136. Anah

I am posting a comment about the "small houses." I think that it would really cool to own a house that is so small and you are able to move them to any location that is desired. The best part about having such a house is that you also dont have to pay such a rediculouse price on them.

October 27, 2008 at 9:33 am |
  137. Georgia

The first think about coloring your hair. I honestly don’t see a problem with it and that I don’t understand as to why it’s a rule that you can’t dye your hair. I mean what’s wrong with it. It’s not like it interferes with your studying or with school. So what if you want to dye your hair it’s your hair and no one can take that away and shouldn’t even try in the first place. I mean it’s not like he or she is wearing something inappropriate or anything along that line. So what if a student wants to dye their hair, in high school know a day’s students want to look cool and fit in. I mean as long as they don’t try to do something dangerous to fit in or something stupid. Dying hair. People come on I mean that’s just a crazy rule that shouldn’t even exist in the first place. And with the taking candy away from school for good. Do you really think any student will agree with that, you’re just asking for problems. If a student can’t throw away a simple wrapper then give them detention or something. Don’t punish the entire school when there are students that actually follow the rules. And do what there suppose too.

October 27, 2008 at 9:41 am |
  138. Brooks

they should not ban candy.... people are just going to smuggle it in. ya they have a good reason. i mean if they dont smuggle it in school they will just pig out at home.

October 27, 2008 at 10:37 am |
  139. Destiny

she should be able to do this besides its freedom of expression she is aloud in law to do that and besides its for a good cause y should it matter, but taking away candy that’s the wrong idea because there’s going to be so much trouble about it because people are going to bring it and eat it when trenchers are not looking, besides let us kids be kids

October 27, 2008 at 11:25 am |
  140. Anna

I think that it is totally ridiculous to not let any candy on school campus. If a parent wants to pack a little piece of candy in there students lunch there should be nothing wrong with that. I can understand taking out vending machines that have a lot of junk food in it but not letting any candy on campus is ridiculous.

October 27, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  141. chelsea

For the school, I think they should allow different colored hair. It's an expression of personality and individualism. They say that it distracts in the classroom, but if a hair color is going to distract that significantly then the students have bigger problems than not focusing. Also, the candy thing is ridiculous. Schools are overstepping their boundaries with this.

October 27, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  142. Cynthia

I think that the girl who dyed strands of her hair pink for breast cancer awareness is for a good cause but since the school doesn't allow it, it is almost as if the act is for attention. On the other hand, banning all candy is very drastic. I would understand if everyone in their school was somehow overweight, but the weight of students doesn't really matter so punishing everyone is unfair.

October 27, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  143. seth

both of the rules have never made sense to me. I dont see the problem of having an unatrual hair color. I've never known it to cause major issues in schools. The same thing with the no sweets rule. Its the kid's fault for eating junk food and being lazy all the time.

do strength training if you're that concerned about it.

October 27, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  144. Meagan

Personally, I think Banning pink hair and candy is completely ridiculous, maybe because there is nothing wrong with either one. Candy may be bad for you, but in moderation it's just fine. And the pink hair was for a good cause anyway.

October 27, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  145. Morgan

I think this is absolutely ridiculous. What kids choose to eat is NOT any of the school’s concern. Some people choose to eat sweets in moderation and that is fine; they should not be punished. Also some sugar is needed in everyone’s diets. No, eating candy all day everyday is not good, and if that's the case in the Massachusetts schools then banning candy might be more reasonable, but in these situations it is uncalled for.

October 27, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  146. Ashley L.

I think that banning candy is a little extreme. I can understand not having candy or soda in vending machines because then it is the schools decision, which they can control. But to ban candy at all in the school (and backpacks) is just not right. On the pink hair, I think that it was wrong for the school to punish her. She was supporting a good cause and it wasn’t like it was overboard and was all her hair, it was just a little strip of it.

October 27, 2008 at 12:28 pm |
  147. Allison

i think that wearing a piece of fake pink hair is showing support for the people across America that have breast cancer which is a wonderful thing to do.

October 27, 2008 at 1:03 pm |
  148. Lyssa

THAT IS VARY MEAN TO BAND CANDY!

October 27, 2008 at 2:07 pm |
  149. lindsay

I think that banning candy from the school is good because even though some of the kids might not like it, it's for their own good.

October 27, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  150. Anna

I don't think schools should ban dying your hair in the first place, anyway, I think it was a good idea!

October 27, 2008 at 2:08 pm |
  151. Matt

I think not even allowing kids to have candy on campus is a step to far. its one thing to have kids eating candy and sweets, but i think not allowing them to have it on school property is way to strict.

October 27, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  152. morgan

I think the school is smart to band the candy if it was a real problem. I think it is smart to because if some kids have diabetes and obesity they might need help to stop.

October 27, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  153. Sean

I think the hair was a great idea. It really helps support these people. But the candy! Come on are you crazy! All of you out there love candy. Go grab some candy, but just a little.

October 27, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  154. Colin

I wonder why the pink hair is against school rules I mean I think the school can not care for a special reason for a kid to show there support for breast cancer. The candy thing is a little absurd to because I mean not being able to have it in your back pack that I think is to far.

October 27, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  155. Max

I really think their over stepping it. KIds should be allowed to have candy in there backpacks. Having a pink hair strand for breast cancer awareness is fine.

October 27, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  156. kathleen

I think that the parents are right a little but the teacher have no right to what the kids bring for snack or lunch and in there backpack because it is a bad example to look through something that is not yours.

October 27, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  157. Cailean

I think that kids should be allowed to eat candy at school or at least have it in there back pack

October 27, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  158. annie

I think it is a good idea to ban candy but I do think they have gone to far maybe they could only bring candy on friday because if there parents give them candy and its in their backpack for later they shouldn't get in trouble and its the parents job to tell their kids not to bring candy.

October 27, 2008 at 2:11 pm |
  159. Lyndsey

I think that have bans against hair color and candy is pretty ridicuouls. Not being able to have that freedom is just going to make studnets want it more and break the rules.

October 27, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  160. Nick

I disagree with the schools on both of the issues. I think that a person should be able to express themselves in any way they want (within reason… and I think hair style is within reason). I also think that the total ban of all candy and soft drinks is very extreme. For one thing, the school can’t decide what the kids do and don’t eat.

October 27, 2008 at 2:22 pm |
  161. Elizabeth

I don’t think it is a problem at all for someone to dye a strand of his/her hair pink for Breast cancer Awareness month. It is a great way to tell people that you are supporting research and really want to share its importance with everyone. Dying your hair is against the rules at my school also, I think dying a strand is no problem. However, I can see dying your whole head pink would be a problem.

October 27, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  162. Karl

I cannot say I agree with the school on this one, because I myself do not find dyed hair distracting at all. On the other hand things like extreamly tight pants and shirts are and also low cut shirts for girls are also extramly distracting. So because of this we all need to vote for Obama, because he’ll give us “change”

October 27, 2008 at 2:23 pm |
  163. pamela

OK! Really why do they have to take away candy; that is our energy boost for the day, and it is taking money away from the school by taken away the machines. I don’t think that you could stop someone from bringing in candy, because we find ways to sneak around that.

October 27, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  164. Amberly

I believe that the pink hair thing isn’t a big deal. She died her hair for a good cause but if it was any other time I would not agree with the student. I also side with the students on the banning the candy issue. That is very harsh and I would be really mad if the administrators banned candy at my school.

October 27, 2008 at 2:24 pm |
  165. SCUBA STEVE

I think that it is a good idea because you can’t let other people control you. You have to do what you think is right or in this case what you want to do for your hair color.

October 27, 2008 at 2:25 pm |
  166. Ricardo

I think that you should be able to express yourself in any way. Dying your hair is nothing bad, and it is not hurting anybody. It’s even for a good cause, raising breast cancer awareness. If she gets punished for this, the school is not helping raise breast cancer awareness and it will not help the problem.

October 27, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  167. Foster

dude that is not cool. taking away the god given right to have your hair dyed, is wrong. the school is trying to push rules on to students that are so trivial. come on people i understand no short shorts or gum. but how you have your hair is your own right!

October 27, 2008 at 2:26 pm |
  168. sean

I dont agree with the rule that says you cant have any unatural hair coloring, but it is a rule and even though its for a good cause you are still at risk to get into trouble. Banning candy at school is dumb. It is not going to stop anything. Kids are not supposed to have cell phones or ipods at school and i bring mine everyday.

October 27, 2008 at 2:28 pm |
  169. Denise

I think that it's not right to deny a person to do something to their OWN hair. It's like someone telling you what you can and cannot do to your own body.

October 27, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  170. Becca

She has the right to express her opinions in any way she wishes as long as it’s appropriate for the event. The school can’t really tell her that her support for a cause is against school rules. She has the right to support it. As for the candy that not really fair to anyone. Plus it will probably just get a lot of student in trouble they’ll just bring stuff from home.

October 27, 2008 at 2:30 pm |
  171. Kevin

I think its stupid that somebody can’t dye there hair even for a good reason like breast cancer awareness month . If you can’t dye your hairat school that’s dumb but if you can’t dye your hair for a good reason WOW

October 27, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  172. Javier

Personally, I think Banning pink hair and candy is completely ridiculous, maybe because there is nothing wrong with either one. Candy may be bad for you, but in moderation it’s just fine. And the pink hair was for a good cause ,anyways what’s the point of banning colored hair?... kinda strange….

October 27, 2008 at 2:35 pm |
  173. Merkin

I think that the school should have never used that rule in the first place. It is just hair and as long as it isn't saying anything bad people should be able to die their hair. The candy thing is crazy too. IT IS JUST CANDY

October 27, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  174. Garrett

Any one should be allowed to dye their hair whatever color that they want to. This girl was just trying to help spread awareness about breast cancer and she got in trouble for it. That is just not right; instead she should have been like a hero. Second banning candy is a horrible idea. Banning candy is only going to make kids want it more so the whole idea is actually going to back fire.

October 27, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  175. emaan

I LOVE CANDY!!!

October 27, 2008 at 6:02 pm |
  176. Lisa

I think banning candy in the public schools is really rediculous. Teachers should know by now that if something is banned from school their just ganna keep breaking the rules but if its not banned they wont just throw it on the floor or wherever, students would appreciate it. Also, the pink hair situation is really stupid, the student was doing that for a good cause.

October 27, 2008 at 6:47 pm |
  177. KaylA

i think that the students should be able to have the pink hair because pink is so cool and why are they banning candy that is bad very bad

October 27, 2008 at 7:20 pm |
  178. Taylor

On the pink hair: I totally agree with the school, even though it was for breast cancer awareness. She could have worn a pink tshirt, shoelaces, Converse shoes even. And another reason why I agree is because my school has a no unnatural hair coloring rule, and the only way we can color our hair is if we have special permission.

On banning candy and soda: That's just really stupid. It's just gonna make kids want more and become even bigger. So they're not really helping themselves by banning soda and candy. My school allows candy, just not in the classrooms, and kids still do it. So it's just really stupid that they're banning it.

October 27, 2008 at 9:14 pm |
  179. Anonymous

I think people should be able to die their hair what ever color they want cause it shows their individually and that they are different, and banning candy is not going to work that well cause for one it is almost Halloween and for two every one likes candy and you can't punish the whole school for a little candy, what's it going to hurt if some one brings a little candy to school?

October 28, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  180. ???U.C.

i think that is kinda dumb i mean its their body they should have every right to eat candy, and dye their hair and color they want. and i personally disagree with pink hair being a distraction one of my friends in Tennessee dress codes are just like this, its ridiculous!!! > = (

October 28, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  181. Christina

I think the candy ban is a bad ideal, the parents should have the say no the school on this part.

October 28, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  182. jakob

I think it should be ok. She is doing it for a good cause. She had all the right to do it. Then on candy, how could they lots of people love to have a candy bar from there mom or something to make them happy at lunch.

October 28, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  183. Asia

I think she should be able to die her hair pink because its for a good cause.

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  184. trent

I don't think that it's right right that the school makes the girl do a project just to die her hair for breast cancer awareness.

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  185. Lindsey:)

Taking away candy is a bad idea! Its the sudents want to bring candy then let them. To me it should be there choice. I feel the same way about the girl with the pink strands in her hair. Still it should be her choice because its HER hair, not the schools.

October 28, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  186. Samantha

I think there is nothing wrong with putting pink highlights in your hair. Also she should not be getting in trouble for it because it's her hair and the school can't make her not dye her hair. I also think that the school shouldn't ban candy because what if the kids want candy on halloween.

October 28, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  187. Krista

I feel that a student supporting breast cancer should be able to have pink in her hair. They should not make her take it out she is supporting a good cause. Banding candy is not right we are in school for 7 hours a day we shoud be able to eat candy if we want to.

October 28, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  188. maddison

I think that student should support breast cancer because it is a good cause. But I don't think that the schools should ban candy.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  189. Drew

I think that the students sould let the be aloud to have pink hair in school and banning candy that is stupid my school allow candy just not in the classrooms it is just stupid banning candy from school.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  190. Tyler

I think both stories are really stupid. The pink hair is promoting something good. The candy is dumb because kids should be able to eat what they want.

October 28, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  191. LeAndra

I think kids should be able to die there hair pink and people should not mind that. I do not think it is right to band candy because you no ever one likes candy.

October 28, 2008 at 10:20 am |
  192. Bobo!

I think this is a bad article because kids should be able to dye their hair if they want to. it is just a part of fashion.

The candy rule is not very good because some kids have that disease where they need sugar, and also i think the parents should be in control of their kids, and eating what they want.

October 28, 2008 at 10:22 am |
  193. summer

i think risking getting suspended for pink in your hair is totally worth it. Breast cancer is a serious issue and all she was doing is supporting it.Getting rid of candy forever is totally dumb. If this was at my school i would attack them all untill they gave candy back.It dont make sence.

October 28, 2008 at 10:53 am |
  194. gunnar

I don't understand why it matters if anybody has there hair died it is there hair why can't it be there choice......???? It really just does make sense to me but I guess if it is there school police then it is there choice... I guess

October 28, 2008 at 10:55 am |
  195. Olivia

When it comes to the pink hair strands deal I see both sides. Having a full head of unnatural hair color is one thing but if it's just streaks then I don't see the harm if it's not over the top. I also see what the school says. She could have done any number of things to raise breast cancer awareness. She didn't have to break the rules to prove her point. But also maybe if people notice that she's the only one with pink hair it might make her cause stronger....

On the candy issue I think it's ridiculous. It's the children's choice on whether or not they want to eat healthy. And like you said, It's unfair to those that eat candy in moderation.

October 28, 2008 at 10:56 am |
  196. Sarah

I think that dying your hair a different color (especially for a good cause like breast cancer) should not be punished by schools. First of all, it is thought to be a "distraction"; but ask any succeeding child and they would tell you that it wouldn't make a difference what color hair they had. So it should be almost encouraged in schools for things like breast cancer.
    As for the candy being taken away, it seems like a good idea, but it really isn't. You are never going to be able to take away all of some people's candy, and besides, it's their choice to be able to eat what they want. What is this country we live in? Let them do as they please!

October 28, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  197. Seth

I think that people should be able to dye their hair any color they want, I mean its their hair what does it matter to other people. Not only was her dyed hair a little strand but it also was for a good cause.
    I think banning candy isn't a good idea. Banning candy will just make kids want to sneak it in even more.

October 28, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  198. xitlali

I think that the school should let students to dye their hair. I think that is just plain stupid. anyways she is standing for something she believes in.

Now the candy and soda thing, that is upsurd

October 28, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  199. Geordan

Well that was really cool that it was for brest cancer. She really could've just worn pink shoe laces or a shirt something like that. Now baning candy from school will never happen. Kids are just going to bring candy and pop and stuff like that any ways. So just let them bring it.

October 28, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  200. Katey

I think it's pretty cool that she dyed her hair pink, because she's fighting breast cancer in her own way. Everyone tries to help in a different way, and this is her way. As for the candy, that is stupid! My birthday's on Halloween, and I keep the candy over the year line. I eat it slow. I would be so ticked if I bought one little piece to school, and it was taken away. That's so stupid!

October 28, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  201. Wyatt

I think that the pink hair thing is stupid because it is for a good cause.and the candy deal that's stupid because my teachers give us candy sometimes and they don't seem to mind

October 28, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  202. Sydney

Okay I think that people should be able to have whatever color hair that they wanted. It was for Breast Cancer Awareness and that is a pretty big thing and i don't get why someone would get in trouble for trying to support it. It just doesn't make since to me. On the Candy ban I think that it won't do anything removing candy from school,Because kids will still bring candy to school and hide it so they don't get caught. I think that candy should be allowed, just not in the classrooms. I think that they are really stupid for banning candy, because i am pretty sure that they eat candy in school and now that want to take it away.

October 28, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  203. Mckenzie

Yea you might be risking the punishment but she put streaks of pink in her hair to represent Breast Cancer. I think that if they suspended her it would be dumb. Banning candy and pop is not a good decision. I think that the school district is to concerned about obesity. If the kids want to be fat let them That is their choice to choose sweets instead of nutritious things. The teachers can't just go through their bags and lunchs just to see if they are following the school rules.

October 28, 2008 at 11:04 am |
  204. Jessica

i think that people should be aloud to put pink hair die in their hair for breast cancer awareness month. Its stupid that kids in school cant put die in their hair, what's wrong with that? expecsially if its for a good cause.

I think that banning candy and junk foods from school is really stupid. They need to let kids have fun! sometimes its not the kids fault their fat, sometimes they have a disorder, or sometimes its because of their parents. But sometimes kids are fat because they eat to much crap. Well insted of banning candy or junk food, just get healthier lunches and well if they bring cold lunch and bring junk in that , if they want to get fat, let them. When they get older they'll regret it because they'll be unhealthy and so on.

October 28, 2008 at 11:05 am |
  205. Jacob

I think that the school should cut a little slack. She is just trying to show her support. Wearing a t shirt or button, it may not be the same. She might think that dying her hair is so much better and shows more support. The school shouldn't have banned it.

And banning candy? That is just messed up!! Is this not America anymore? We should stop banning everything just because its a little bad. Big deal!

October 28, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  206. Veronica

I think that as long as a student has a good reason they should be able to die their hair. Especially if their reason is Breast Cancer! Maybe it's just me because I have a step-grandmother who was one of the lucky people and was able to beat Breast Cancer. If it's a way to make people realize that it could happen to anyone, then I would risk whatever too!

October 28, 2008 at 11:07 am |
  207. Dana

Dying a tiny strip of your hair isn't going too far. I don't see why the girl almost got in trouble. It was for a good cause. As for the candy, students will sneak it in, and it's not fair to the kids who don't over-eat. I think these schools are violating their students' rights.

October 28, 2008 at 11:07 am |
  208. Kyler

I think that you should be able to dye your hair pink if you want to. Its your head if you want to show who you are on it than you should be able to. They shouldn't ban candy because if they do they will just try to sneak it in.

October 28, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  209. Hannah

It would be a bad idea to take a kids candy away. The reason is most kids eat chocolate sweets to take away the stress and not be so depressed. Also you should keep sweets because then they are going to end up taking all the candy away from most of the schools. It is already bad enough. The biggest reason is is that kids need it to take all of the energy out of them before school and during school to be able to sit and do all of there work instead not doing it because they are so hiper.

October 28, 2008 at 11:09 am |
  210. Alexa

I really disagree about the the unnatural hair color thing. I think that people should be able to die their hair if it is for a good cause, or for any other reason. It is their choice to do that and they should be able to make it. About the candy ban thing though, they should not ban candy! I think that kids should be able to have candy, because it is their choice to have it and they should be able to have it. I think it is really stupid and they should not be banning it!

October 28, 2008 at 11:09 am |
  211. Jasmine

On the pink hair i think that its so dumb to not allow children and or teens to dye their hair another color. If they have their parents permission then why should the school care. And on the banning of the candy i think that is so ridiculous. Why should you punish the kids that eat candy in reasonable amounts. I don't think that it will help the school in any significant way, because then kids are just gonna sneak candy into school. Honestly i think that it will increase the amount of candy brought in. I think children will try to test the system i mean that's what i would do.

October 28, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  212. Allison

When it comes to dying your hair pink, that may be a little extreme but it is just one little streak and it is for a very legit cause. There is nothing wrong with doing something like that to raise awareness for Breast Cancer. With the candy, that is completely ridiculous that they don't allow sweets on campus. As unhealthy as they are if you eat them as a meal, they can also take away stress and be a relaxation therapy. Sometimes when I have a bad day or don't exactly ace a big test or assignment, something sweet and delightful soothes me. If they ban it, more students will just try to sneak it in and more students are going to get in trouble for trying to enjoy a sweet treat every now and then. If I were a student or if I were eating some Swedish Fish or a Butterfingers and somebody denied me the right to eat them, I would not be very sane or calm.

October 28, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  213. Alayna

1st- I think that the girl should of been able to die her hair what ever color she wants but i think that she should of at least asked her principal about it first. At least she didn't get in serious trouble. She got what she wanted, she was letting her school know about the awareness of breast cancer.

2nd- the candy thing is really stupid. If kids want candy there ganna get it. Checking the kids bags is going over the top with the whole sitchuation. Once the kids get home they can have as much candy as they want and plus telling kids they can't have something just makes them want it more.

October 28, 2008 at 11:11 am |
  214. Catherine

Pink hair should be aloud because it is breast cancer awareness month and it really isn't a distraction unless everybody starts crowding around that person or they start doing it too. Everyone should have the right to change their hair color.

If teachers can have candy then students should be able to have candy too. Candy isn't good for us, but it does keep up going through out the day. Some people can't live without candy the could faint if the sugar level is to low.

October 28, 2008 at 11:13 am |
  215. Adam

I do not think the student should've dyed her hair pink, even if it was National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. She could've worn pink clothes, but if the school had a no unnatural hair color rule, you shouldn't break that rule just because it's National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

As for the candy ban, they shouldn't ban ALL candy. They shouldn't ban sugar free candy. I think that students that eat too much candy should eat a bit healthier and bring nuts or fruit.

October 28, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  216. Kelsey

I think that it was fine that the girl put streaks in her hair even though it was against school rules, because it was a good cause and she stood up something that was important to her. Honestly, if there was something like that that related to me, i would do what the girl did because it got breast cancer noticed.

Also I think that it is unfair to ban candy from school, I mean we are kids and we love candy. It is good that it takes down on sugar and calories, but that is kind of extreme. A lot of candy shouldn't be aloud, but maybe a little now and then would be more fair.

October 28, 2008 at 11:16 am |
  217. Marissa

i think that having color in your hair is your own decision. It's your own hair and life how can they tell you what you have to look like. That's like saying that blacks can't come to their school. The student was obvious trying to prove a point. The whole candy thing I could handle because we are an obese country and need to do something about it. The school is the best way to have kids learn how to deal with not having junk food. Hair color is stupid but candy and pop is okay.

October 28, 2008 at 11:17 am |
  218. mariah

i think that the pink hair strings should not be band from school, i mean it is their chose.

Banning candy and soda is okay you should not be able to have that stuff at school

October 28, 2008 at 11:17 am |
  219. Martha

I do parsley agree with the school. Ya, it clearly states in the book, no hair color. However, pink is a hair color, just as brown or red. Maybe a little more noticeable. But that's exactly why she chose to use pink in her hair. It's more noticeable and would make a better statement. With the candy, that's a little too extreme. It's not the school's discussion. Our parents are the ones who take care of us. If pack our lunch, and put a little piece of candy in there, then that shouldn't be a big deal. For those who pack their own lunch, obviously their parents trust them enough and think they're mature enough.

October 28, 2008 at 11:17 am |
  220. ~Sarah~

I believe that they should let the girl wear the pink hair. She should be able to do what she wants with her own hair. It is her choice,as well as others choice to do what they want to their hair.

They should not ban candy from school. Kids all ready hate school and love candy. Why would you take that away from them. Maybe the candy helps them to like school a little more.

October 28, 2008 at 11:18 am |
  221. Monica

we sould let girls were pink hair and not get kick out of school because that would be unfair to the people that can were pink hair it is for a good cause. AND THE BIG ONE IS YOU SHOULD NOT BAN CANDY what is candy when you are not at school it helps you keep up your help up

October 28, 2008 at 1:20 pm |
  222. Nicholas

I think it was cool of her to die her hair pink for breast cancer month. I bet she did a lot of research about breast cancer for her speech to make it the best they have ever heard. That is awesome what she did.

October 28, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  223. LayLa

I belive that all kids should be able to die there hair any color they want. They should have the right to express there feeling threw there hair if they want to.

October 28, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  224. Thaya

I think dying your hair pink is not a bad idea. Its just a color. It might mean something when we dye our hair for a reason.

October 28, 2008 at 1:23 pm |
  225. ~BoyCrazy~

Well I Think Thats Cool Anyway To Stand Up For A Good Cause And To Dye Your Hair Pink For Breast Cancer, Thats A Really Cool Thing!!!!!!!!!!!

October 28, 2008 at 1:26 pm |
  226. Audrey

I think it's stupid that she got in trouble for having a pink strand in her hair for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Everybody is so worried because kids don't get involved in this promotion of awarness. Well now we try and almost get suspended! How can anybody expect their kids to get involved in the promotion of being educated about cancer if they don't let us get involved in our own ways. They don't let us express ourselves.

October 28, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  227. Logan

I think it is Crazy that they are banding CANDY!!

October 28, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  228. nolan

that is not fair the schools and colleges should let the students have candy and things like that because they shouldn't care about the students teeth the students should be the ones caring not the teachers and staff

October 28, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  229. Alyssa

i think it`s really cool to die a part of your hair pink in honor of breast cancer awareness month. I don`t like the fact that it`s against the school dress code though, I believe that people have a right to do what they want with their hair. Also on the topic of candy banishing, what if someone needs the sweets, what if they have low blood sugar, would the school allow a note from the parents?

October 28, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  230. Aryanna

I think that it's unfair to ban at that school. They shouldn't banned the candy in that school and i think it's bad to ban candy out of a school that hasn't even did anything wrong to ban stuff that has nothing to do wrong and i think that if you ban something you should ban cell phones, ipods, and things that are bad for the school like don't ban anything that has done nothing wrong to the school.

October 28, 2008 at 1:31 pm |
  231. Mckenna

I think the hair strains are a good idea their in your hair for a very good reason. The candy should be on allowed on campus but only in your bag. These things are not affecting anyone.

October 28, 2008 at 1:38 pm |
  232. cole

that would not be cool at all

October 28, 2008 at 3:21 pm |
  233. Brandy

I think dying only a strand of your hair pink shouldn't be a huge deal. You should be free to express yourself.

As for the candy ban, I think that is only provoking for students to sneak the candy and soda and will be more trouble than it's worth.

October 28, 2008 at 3:27 pm |
  234. Tory

The girl just wanted to give awareness, and everyone would see if she dyed something so extreme as her hair. The point was to make an impact.

October 28, 2008 at 5:09 pm |
  235. Abbie

I think it is good to have a pink hair strand because all the money u pay for it to gett done is for a good reason to save peoples life also for some ladies who have this cancer that dont have allot off money can get some help . I think this is important because my Uncles sister died of breast cancer!!!

Also about the candy band i think that is not a bad i dea but i think atleast the should let the kids have sugar free candies

October 28, 2008 at 5:24 pm |
  236. Nick

I think pink highlights is a at ay to support the fight against breast cancer but forbidding candy on campus. Thats just not right.

October 28, 2008 at 5:46 pm |
  237. Stephanie

i think that pink hair representing breast cancer should not be banned because it is for a good cause. i also think they should not band candy because it helps us get energy to our bodies so we can work harder.

October 28, 2008 at 9:02 pm |
  238. Jovan

I think that the pink strand thing is not really needed for punishment, but I do also agree with you, Carl. She could've worn something else like a pink bracelet or something but I guess people have their own opinions.

October 28, 2008 at 9:34 pm |
  239. Kadir

In my opinion, I think that candy ban is reasonable, now i know a lot of kids would be saying, "WHAT?!?!? You're crazy!" But I also think that kids should at least have candy on school celebrations or if they earn it, or if they win it in a contest or something. I just think that teachers at that school should reward kids candy if they earn it. Having candy without earning it is just like a person giving away candy for free.(Besides on Halloween) 🙂

October 28, 2008 at 9:57 pm |
  240. Jovan

And also about the candy thing, I have to agree on the kid's side. How can you not let kids bring candy to school? Like Carl said, if someone took my chocolate M&M's, I would be seriously ticked off! Not being able to have candy is like having a dog for president! Be pleasant and dandy, share the fun of candy!

October 28, 2008 at 11:08 pm |
  241. mack

I think that it is unfair that they are not allowing people to dye their hair the color that they want to dye it. I disagree with the school on that subject because the government gives us free will to express ourselves and now schools are trying to take it away from us.

October 29, 2008 at 11:33 am |
  242. Olivia

I think it is unfair that they wont let kids be who they want to be. It is wrong to do that. And it's not like wearing something bad. It is a kid who trying to do a good thing and that school is trying to make her stop. Be who YOU want to be not who OTHERS want to see you as.

October 29, 2008 at 12:45 pm |
  243. malayna

i think that weather it is for a good cause or not she should just be able to dye her hair how ever she wants, i think everyone should. its a state of independance. i think that it shows individuality, and you should be able to express yourself no matter where you live.

October 29, 2008 at 1:23 pm |
  244. Matt

i dont think that the girl should be punished for showing her spirit for breast cancer and banning candy from school is nonsense

October 29, 2008 at 5:17 pm |
  245. Katlin

I have type 1 diabetes and I really wish you would make it clear when you say diabetes.Type ! diabetes is when your pancreas just stops working,they are not sure how and that is why there is not a cure you have to take insulin shots or have an insulin pump.Type 2 diabetes is usually cause by obesity and not a healthy diet but can be treated which is what you are talking about here.Thanks for you consideration

P.S My name is pronounced Katelin but spelled Katlin

October 29, 2008 at 5:21 pm |
  246. Tyler

The idea of wearing a pink strand in your hair to school is a great idea! Even if the school says that she can't, it is for a good cause. And I should know, my own grandma died from breast cance. I never got to know her very well though. Even if I risked getting a detention at school, I would totally do it.
    P.S. Even if I had to wear pink socks, a pink bracelet, AND a hair extension!!!

October 29, 2008 at 6:45 pm |
  247. Sarah

I think she should be able to dye her hair pink, or atleast get a strand. Because it is breast cancer awareness.

October 30, 2008 at 9:54 am |
  248. Sarah

Are you kidding me? Dying your hair pink is a great idea, if it's for Breast Cancer Awareness.

October 30, 2008 at 9:55 am |
  249. BigJake

I think that they shouldnt be punished if it was for a good cause. I mean how is pink hair hurting anybody? also why would they ban candy just because everybody had pink hair? i dont think there should have been any problem with them dying there hair pink. I mean come on! its not like they started a riot or something! all they did was dye there hair pink!

October 30, 2008 at 9:59 am |
  250. Torrie

She should be able to dye her hair pink, there is nothing rong with suporting breast cancer its a big deal .

October 30, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  251. Kylie

I think the hair color thing as pretty cool because I use to have my hair pink but not for breast cancer just because it was sweet but anyway that was a nice idea to dye your hair for breast cancer. About the candy now that not cool to ban candy from school.Why would you want to ban candy its good and it not bad in less you eat to much and it a nice treat to have once in a while.Also if it is getting banned it better be getting banned from teachers to.

October 30, 2008 at 10:33 am |
  252. kayla

I think the girl just wanted her hair pink and made an excuse to dye it.

Also I think I should be fine to bring your own candy. I understand the school not selling it but to cancel it out al together is way to extreme.

October 30, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  253. Kyle

first off; i think with the pink hair they took it to far, kids try to imitate what they see on tv or in magazines were they wanna wear what they see. But, with the candy being in schools it is a bad thing towards becoming obbisety & its up to the kids weather its their choice to eat the junk food or not.

October 30, 2008 at 11:00 am |
  254. Taylor

Though the pink hair was for a good cause you can raise awarness with signs and speeches. I think many of todays youth have gone overboard with hair colors dying them bright rainbow colors. Sure everyone has the right to express themselves but I think looking insane is a stretch. As for banning candy at my highschool in Bonney Lake we dont serve candy, now you can still bring it to school but most kids dont bring huge bags to lunch. For my school I think bringing sweets to school or having them banned wouldn't matter. We are more intrested in starbucks and energy drinks.

October 30, 2008 at 11:04 am |
  255. Megan Marie

I think that the school teling you what color your hair has to be is a little extreme. If she wants to show support for breast cancer awareness what better way to do so? Anyone can wear ribbons but it takes some guts to stand up against authority and show that you care about this issue. I mean why does a school think they can take control what color your hair is? It shouldn't matter! I can understand dress code because of the distraction but it makes no sense to say no unnatural hair color. That is what I think.

October 30, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  256. Brinley B.

I think she shouldn't get punnished because she died her hair to support a good cause. It is unfair and she obviously is doing a good thing if she made it on the news.

From Franklin, NJ!!!!!!! =]

October 30, 2008 at 11:32 am |
  257. Payton

I think it's awesome that this girl would dye her hair pink! Give her a break!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!!!!

October 30, 2008 at 11:34 am |
  258. megan

I think it’s lame that students can’t dye their hair to show school spirit or just for expression. Getting suspended just for showing some support or pride, come on. I think there are other things we could be focusing on that are just a little more important!

And banning candy? Who cares what students pack in their lunch from home. You can stop selling it at school but you can’t monitor what they bring with them. People need to quit worrying about the tiny problems and get real. Focus on the real issues affecting kids today.

October 30, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  259. dan

they should not ban candy because ever body is not over weight

October 30, 2008 at 12:18 pm |
  260. Josh

i think it is stupid that the girl was getting into trouble for dying her hair a different color and supporting cancer awarness. and the candy thing i would leave that school cause i love candy and i couldnt eat alot of candy cause of bracess and so now i love it

October 30, 2008 at 12:37 pm |
  261. Jonney

if somebory wnats to support something then they should be able to.

October 30, 2008 at 12:43 pm |
  262. sammie

I think she should have been able to dye her hair and not get in trouble. That the rule should be abolished. We should be able to express ourselves the way we want its called freedom of expression. And that is really lame that they are banning candy from school I would be really angry if someone took my candy from me to have at school. Our world is just falling apart now and we need to stop this craziness!

October 30, 2008 at 12:45 pm |
  263. Nicole

I don’t believe that schools should be able to make rules about what you are and aren’t allowed to do with your hair. It’s your hair. Schools should not be allowed to imposed toughs can of restrictions because the are taking away you 1st amendment freedom of expression, plus her expression is not harming anyone in anyway or offense it is a small pink stand of hair.

The Massachusetts district has gone way to far on trying to get kids to eat healthy. Schools should have now right to tell you what kinds of foods you can have on your person when at school. It is not the school’s job to make sure kids eat healthy they may try and help buy not serving candy or sweets at the school but telling kids they can’t not have them at all is wrong, It should be a students choice to go pay for the candy at the store and bring to school and have it with lunch.

October 30, 2008 at 12:46 pm |
  264. Kaylie

i think its a great idea and she shouldnt be punished for setting a good example.

October 30, 2008 at 12:59 pm |
  265. Erika

I think a kid should be able to do what they want to do with there hair. It isn't the principles hair. At my school we can have are hair and way we want to.

October 30, 2008 at 5:02 pm |
  266. Darian

The first topic of a student wanting to dye her hair pink is something i can relate to. My aunt had breast cancer, so I did everything I could to show awareness. Yes, the girl could wear a bracelet or necklace or something other than dyeing her hair, but if there is a legitimate reason for her doing so, I would allow it.

The second topic about banning sweets and candy is completely wrong. Yes, the obesity rate is increasing, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be allowed to have candy on certain days. I think that banning candy is unnecessary and it certainly won't do the kids any good because all they will do is go home and eat more of it.

October 30, 2008 at 7:08 pm |
  267. Kate

That is just dumb that she could get suspension for diying her hair pink ecspecially that it was to warm people about brast cancer she could of wore pink or wore a ribbon too but I tink that dying your hair pink is better to make a difference

Why would someone ban candy that is just wrong if you do ban it you should have some days where people can have candy

November 1, 2008 at 2:33 pm |
  268. Kira

I love how this girl is risking herself at getting exspelled and she is saying a message "help the women who need help because they have breast cancer". I understand why the school is taking away candy because kids get jittery then crash into sleep during the afternoon classes. They just care that the kids can get the education the need to live. And plus candy is just plain bad but delicious

November 2, 2008 at 8:04 pm |
  269. Laura

The unnatural hair thing is totaly unfair they sent my friend home from school because she had some broze hi lights in her and they said it was a gang symbol !?

November 3, 2008 at 1:10 pm |
  270. Mary

It's going to be very close. I don't know but I hope that John Mccain wins but I think it could go either way!

November 3, 2008 at 9:09 pm |
  271. Joshua

I think it was cool for the girl to dye her hair pink. It showed her noncomformacy in a world that trys to make everyone the same way.
    Sure she could of put on a ribbon but it always the most drastic measure that gets the most attention.

November 4, 2008 at 12:02 am |
  272. Laura

The teachers at my school say we cant color our hair because it is distracting to other students. That is totaly unfair. My friend got sent home from school because she had bronze high lights in her hair and they said it was a gang symbol. The cnady thing is just un ethical

November 4, 2008 at 1:05 pm |
  273. Britt

well if there is like a speacial reason for dying her hair pink then She would be able to keep it but doing a sppech in front of the whole school I say that it's alittle harsh but it 's what she deserves if there's no reason.

November 4, 2008 at 5:57 pm |
  274. Sophia

I think it is to extreme to ban candy fully. Yes you should ban it from the classroom, but in lunches and in the cafetiria it is just ridiculos

November 4, 2008 at 7:25 pm |
  275. Zoe

I think it's wonderful that that girl did that! I have a large chance at getting cancer because most of my family had it and my grandma died of breast cancer. I think it's a good way to support it. And being in Massachusetts I find that it will be extremely annoying not being able to have candy.

November 4, 2008 at 8:05 pm |
  276. Brandon aka Moose

I do not agree with the school against the pink hair. All she wanted to do is just to raise breast cancer awareness. I really do not like the candy ban because I need gum for school it keeps me awake. I like candy corn and gum!!!!!! CNN Student news is awesome

November 4, 2008 at 9:04 pm |
  277. Toa

i think that they should have pink hair because who cares and i love candy so keep the candy. yay yah!!!

November 5, 2008 at 12:12 am |
  278. jasmine

pink hair cute candy why ban it its a treat

November 5, 2008 at 11:16 am |
  279. Jangkoon

gahhh the ends that educational admins will go to to recompense for their own faults is absolutely ridiculous!! If they would do a better job of promoting a healthy lifestyle and make school lunches more affordable, nourishing, and tasty, students wouldn't feel the need to load up on candy and sodas 24/7. And even if they do anyways, the only thing the school system is doing is making all the kids stuff themselves with candy after school which is actually worse for their health than during the day.
    Once again power hungry officials want to impress their glorious "power" upon their helpless students in the form of restrictions. And of course it's supposed to be "the best thing to do". yeah right.

November 6, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  280. hannah

I don't think I could live without candy. If they ban candy in a school, I would probably sneak it in (:

November 29, 2008 at 3:14 pm |
  281. Timmy

The skool & the us giv needz 2 not ban this here!

February 9, 2009 at 2:48 pm |
  282. Lynishie

Stupid rule! i dont care. my school lets you wear ytour hair as you please!

March 15, 2009 at 8:06 pm |