.
September 22nd, 2008

Out of Gas

It's like a bad dream:  You're driving for miles, watching the needle hover precariously over "E," and passing dozens of gas stations that have their prices blocked out because they have no gas left.

I lived it last night.  I was thinking of how you don't really notice gas stations until you need one - and how you notice every gas station when you need one and they're all empty.  A single store in my neighborhood had gas to sell; it also had a long line and a $25 limit on what you could buy.  But it got me into work today.

A lot of drivers in the Southeast are sharing the same stories.  And you can see from this article and on Tuesday's show how the shortage is affecting people.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. justin

I THINK THIS IS REALLY SERIOUS AND I HOPE I DOESN'T HAPPEN TO MY TOWN

September 23, 2008 at 10:04 am |
  2. Will

Being out of gas is a very bad thing, if you can't go any where, you can't go get food, go to work you can't do any thing.

September 23, 2008 at 10:05 am |
  3. Tyler

I think that gas should have a small value if the station is almost out.

September 23, 2008 at 10:07 am |
  4. Nick

I may not be old enough to drive but I could tell that this would be very havoc for our parents. Another thing is that we could be running out and it could change our life forever.

September 23, 2008 at 10:08 am |
  5. shaun

i think that the gas station people were doing the right thing by at least selling you something.

September 23, 2008 at 10:09 am |
  6. Mitch

That is very bad for those people i would not like not to be down there

September 23, 2008 at 10:10 am |
  7. Brandon

What if they go to a different place then were there at. And why did, they all go to the same gas stantion and same of the people go to a different gas stantion.

September 23, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  8. Todd

It must be horrible for gas to be so short, after years of living on your cars and relying on there being gas then BAM...... No gas and no way to work it would be terrible.

September 23, 2008 at 10:11 am |
  9. Randall

Gas prices are bad these days. I just wonder what it will be like when we need to buy gas, or when our kids need to buy gas. Its a bad thought

September 23, 2008 at 10:12 am |
  10. Z man

Thats vary bad if we run out of gas how are we going to get to school
    and how are people going to make a living like how is my parries going to get to work

September 23, 2008 at 10:14 am |
  11. *Jordan*

I think thats really bad that Atlanta's gas stations have no gas. That would be horrible if all the gas stations ran out of gas in Michigan. You would have to ride your bike or walk everywhere. It would take hours to get to work if you lived in the country and your job was in the city. I would be really mad if our gas stations ran out of gas. Even know I don't drive, we would have to get to different places some how.

September 23, 2008 at 10:15 am |
  12. Jesse

That is horrible!! I would hate to drive a car knowing that when my car needs gas, that I have to come up with a certain amount of money so that I can drive my car to wherever I need to go. This gas shortage is really hurting/affecting people badly!

September 23, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  13. brooke

that's not good for us because my mom has to drive 3 hours a day to and from work, so if they start doing that around here my mom might have to get a new job and I'm sure that tons of people already had to quite their jobs because of it, so I really hope that we get some more gas

September 23, 2008 at 10:16 am |
  14. Emmett

OUT OF GAS

Well i think it's a shame that they are out of gas. They have to get two places and there's no gas for them to go anywhere. I would be furious if any of our gas stations was out of gas. Thats what I think of the gas shortage of gas it's just a shame for the people in Atlanta Georgia.

September 23, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  15. DiGiacomo

That is horrible it will e about like a $10 dollar limit. for us so then in 3 years it will be about like 7 dollars a gallon so it will be just enough for me to drive to school. If i am on E so it is HORRIBLE.

September 23, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  16. Shawn

i think we should steal iraqs oil and sell it.

September 23, 2008 at 10:17 am |
  17. Rath

I think that the gas stations deserved it. They should have all gotten flex-fuel. The people don't deserve it. They were just minding their own business.

September 23, 2008 at 10:18 am |
  18. Tyler

If there is so little gas than we should spread the little gas across the whole population in need of gas. If I was in trouble with gas I would have to ride my bike to school.

September 23, 2008 at 10:19 am |
  19. Samantha

I think instead of letting the gas go out a lot and everyone that has a big vehicle.You should get a good vehicle.Even though this vehicle is really small you should get a Kia Spectra x5.The reason I say that is because that gets 30 miles a gallon.

September 23, 2008 at 10:19 am |
  20. dan

Gas would effect me by not be able to drive or price would high

September 23, 2008 at 10:19 am |
  21. Drew

I think that not have any is going to effect our lives because we can not go places.

September 23, 2008 at 10:20 am |
  22. Marissa

I know that having a shortage of gas is a bad thing. People won't be able to get to work, and kids won't be able to get to school. Then the $25 limit isn't really a bad thing. It might save up some gas for those who will need it later. It has reached a point to where this is going to be getting worse then it is now.

September 23, 2008 at 10:20 am |
  23. Lindsey

Gas prices that are running out of gas are hurting everyone. Some people are on E and not knowing what to do. Also if gas stations are open in some places then the people have a limit in how much to buy. Running out of gas is not a good sign.

September 23, 2008 at 10:21 am |
  24. trent

We should drill in America instead of another country then people would have more gas.

September 23, 2008 at 10:21 am |
  25. Asia

Instead of driving to work you could walk,ride the bus, subway , ride a bike there are many alternatives to gas.

September 23, 2008 at 10:22 am |
  26. LeAndra

I do not think it is right to have gas shorthges because people who are on vacation your a long way away from and they are out of gas and you are on E you can not walk home.

September 23, 2008 at 10:22 am |
  27. Scott

gas shortages could affect me by making it so i don't have enough gas to get back and forth to practice. and it could make it so school buses do not have gas to take kids to school.

September 23, 2008 at 10:23 am |
  28. Christina

gas shortage is effecting every one and now expecley the ones that are up and running are so high on prices and is rely hurting the middle man

September 23, 2008 at 10:23 am |
  29. jakob

Out of gas! If I was going on my boat and we had no gas left at the station I would pay 5$. I would pay just about anything i never get to go on my boat so when we get to go i don't want to worry about gas. We need more gas.

September 23, 2008 at 10:24 am |
  30. Tyler

I think this is bull...
    this is gonna come right out of our hard earned paycheck.....
    our economy is terrible and its headed absolutely NO WHERE!!!!!!!!

September 23, 2008 at 10:26 am |
  31. Sarah

My mom drives more than 48 miles a day to get to work and this really does not help our situation. I really think a new president can help this situation as well. I can't wait to see which candidate America decides to choose!

September 23, 2008 at 10:42 am |
  32. summer

i think this is crazy and im dreading next year when im old enought to drive!

September 23, 2008 at 11:28 am |
  33. Guandardo

I think that we should ride bikes more. I think it would help our obesity and solve our gas problems. It would be a lot better in many ways.

September 23, 2008 at 12:11 pm |
  34. Burrito

Gas has become a major resource in our society. Humans live on the fact it get our cars working which transport us to the places we need to attend at. But maybe some people should save extra gas safely in their home for emergencies like these. Paying an extreme amount of money for just one gallon of gas is ridiculous. People should think about some important things in the future to be prepared. Common sense should be involved.

September 23, 2008 at 12:12 pm |
  35. tj

gas is good yea we shuld hav mor of it and runin out of it is bad. i tink we suld dril everwere 4 mor of d gas so every1 can hav sum.

September 23, 2008 at 1:11 pm |
  36. Joshua

Gas shortages are affecting everyone. I think the Goverment is just a bunch of liers. I think they have enough gas they just want to raise the price for no reason

September 23, 2008 at 1:26 pm |
  37. Brennan

I believe that if we have a shortage of gas its sort of a good thing.It might sound crazy but it will force us to go to alternative energy sources such as ethanol and hydrogen powered cars.

September 23, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  38. chaise

i think that they need to take there time getting there oil and gas back then everyone just calm down and the gas will be back before you know it.

September 23, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  39. Danielle

I can't believe that gas stations are running out of gas. I think that is ridiculious. I think they should lower the price of oil barrels. $121.00
    is a lot of money. You can buy a lot of gas for that much money.

September 23, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  40. chase

That is sad. Here in michigan gas is 4.09 a gallon. But last friday me and my Dad waited 37 min. in line to get gas

September 23, 2008 at 1:28 pm |
  41. Seth

The gas prices are crazy and the fact that there is no gas in most place's is just ridicules. They should at least try to drill in different place's if they must but we need gas. If we have a shortage on gas people won't be able to make it to their job, causing the economy to drop.

September 23, 2008 at 1:29 pm |
  42. Alisha

Well I Think This, Is Very Serious That We Are Out Of Gas, Without Gas We Couldn't Ever Go To Work For Food Unless We Use An Electrical Car!!!!!

September 23, 2008 at 1:30 pm |
  43. Mr. Eyre

It's crazy. Maybe this will convince people and auto manufacturers to start getting away from cars that depend on the oil industry. Also there is no reason to charge that kind of prices for gas, it's blatantly price gouging.

September 23, 2008 at 1:30 pm |
  44. Austin

I think that bee thing about attacking crows is cool I should try that, by the way nice puns there getting really good ROCK on CNN student news.

September 23, 2008 at 1:31 pm |
  45. Logan

I think this is bad and the goverment should help those people with out any GAS and try to get things running in those 5 or 6 states that got hit by the Hurricanes.

September 23, 2008 at 1:32 pm |
  46. travis

I think that this is a BAD thing and i hope it gets fixed soon.

September 23, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  47. *Alisha*

Omg I Can't Beilive This

September 23, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  48. Justin

I don't see why gas is gone

September 23, 2008 at 1:33 pm |
  49. nolan

the gas prices are outrages they need to come way down and since the hurricane people down south don't even have gas. that means that their riding bikes and stuff to work.

September 23, 2008 at 1:35 pm |
  50. david

I think we need to start drilling for oil so this doesn't happen again. Or we just share gas from other states.

September 23, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  51. LayLa

I think that being out of gas is outrageous. There are so many pumps but so little gas to go round. My opinion is that people should only be able to take at least $30.00 in gas.

September 23, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  52. John

The bank needs to sell more house.

September 23, 2008 at 1:38 pm |
  53. Monica

I Thank it is kind of bad for those people that ran out of gas and they just had to drive for ever to find gas to fill up there car So yes the gas has become a major resource in are society that ever thing is going down hill from the gas i thank you should save the gas that you get and go only about 30 miles per hour on the roads so you don't wast gas because no one wants to pay $5.00 just to get gas so you should save your gas and the money is ridiculous to pay for gas that you are like about home and if you live by your work just walk or ride a bike to work save your money.

September 23, 2008 at 1:38 pm |
  54. Mckenna

Gas prices are sky high and their going to keep getting higher. People are willing to do anything to get gas. People should start walking or riding their bikes.

September 23, 2008 at 1:39 pm |
  55. Jared

Gas has become a major resource in our society. Some people may store gas just in case an emergency does happen as this one from hurricane Ike and Gustave. This is okay but when people heard there may be a gas shortage they were going to extreme measures just hoard gas. It is ridiculous that people would take so much more gas than what they need when this should be over in just a couple of days.

September 23, 2008 at 1:40 pm |
  56. Merkin

I live in a small town and I hope that this problem will not happen here.
    OUR WORLD HAS SOOOO MANY PROBLEMS!!!!!

September 23, 2008 at 3:18 pm |
  57. Leah

I feel very lucky. It doesn’t seem like gas is going up very much. In fact over the last couple weeks, gas prices have been going down. It’s about 3.75 per gallon and going down. I hope it doesn’t go up even more.

September 23, 2008 at 4:30 pm |
  58. huckleberry hound

I think the gas problem is a big issue we need to find a alternative method of gas so we can continue with our daiky lives.

September 23, 2008 at 4:32 pm |
  59. Lalaland

Hm. I'd hate for this to happen to my town. Well, at least I would still be able to get to shcool. But still, I think that all gas guzzling "pumped up" 4×4 super crew cab extended should be banned for everyine but contractors. That's the main problem. Anyone who can afford it, would get the Hummer or Land Rover they want. That's the problem. Waste not, want not.

September 23, 2008 at 5:26 pm |
  60. Jason

That's not good situation.
    we try to save the world.

September 23, 2008 at 7:34 pm |
  61. Angela

I've been with my mom to so many gas stations and at every pump at the station there is at least one kind of gas that is triple o'd (out of order).

September 24, 2008 at 9:33 am |
  62. Annastacia

Gas prices are going to go up and down until the hurricane season is over. But it aint over yet, Im surprise you see so many people searching for gas to get back and forth to work or even school. Here in Nebraska we can usually walk to school but most kids rather drive than walk. It actually might save some gas for us to start walking. We can always walk to work though so that is where we are needing our transportation is to work. I understand that people down in that area are needing vehicles to get back and forth to work but honestly i think if you dont live to far from the place you are going then why dont you walk. Honestly I think people theses days are more depending on vehicles to get you a half a block away instead they cant use their feet. I believe if you really need to go a short distance than walk. Here where I live I usually drive I should start walking but I have to many places to be a short matter of time. Most people say that is their problem too but it is mostly lazyness. I think that people theses days need to start walking more and save gas to get you far places so you actually have the gas to get there.

September 24, 2008 at 9:35 am |
  63. Alina

I'm only 16, so I don't drive that much anyway, especially since we only have one car right now. That makes it hard on my whole family. Our gas gage is screwed up so we have keep track of how many miles we travel before filling up again, it's also hard financially because none of have jobs right now. But we never usually travel anywhere too far from a gas station. Running out of gas is a concern we try to make sure never happens.

September 24, 2008 at 9:56 am |
  64. mikaela

I would hate it if i go onto a busy street and all of the gas stations say were out of gas or out of order. I think it is horrible that we cant supply enough gas for the u.s.

September 24, 2008 at 10:35 am |
  65. Anna

I can’t believe this is happening. I mean you really not even think about how much we can’t survive without gas until there isn’t any. If people would stop topping off their gas tanks and getting gas when they don’t need it this would make the problem better.

September 24, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  66. andrew

my town is starting to run out and its not good. exspecially when your out in the middle of nowhere and are miles away from your house. or if your in the middle of your driving test and the car runs out of gas. me and my mom drove around for an hour looking for gas.

September 24, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  67. Morgan

I feel like a lot of the reason why we are out of gas today is because when people find out there is a shortage of gas, they go out and buy all the gas they can which does nothing but make the situation worse. If they would still just fill up their cars normally, drive conservatively, and not follow the “panic”, every gas station might not be out of gas completely.

September 24, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  68. andrew

the shortage hasnt really effected my town yet and i hope it doesnt but i have experienced the high prices saying my truck gets 8 miles a gallon

September 24, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  69. Ross

This gas shortage is really bad, and has affected many people in the south east. I was with my friend riding around the other night and there was no gas left in Athens,GA. This shortage affected my town and it has already affected many around the south. There is just a few stations in all of the surrounding counties that actually have gas.

September 24, 2008 at 2:10 pm |
  70. Foster

Yo this is so not cool! My parents bought me a car for my 18th birthday and I can’t drive it because every wear is out of gas!

September 24, 2008 at 2:51 pm |
  71. Andres

My dad owns his own business and he was looking everywhere to find some gas for his diesel trucks. And when he finally found some, it was limited because they mixed water and diesel and if too much of that is put into the truck it might mess it up. I have noticed a large increment in gas prices lately though….

September 24, 2008 at 2:54 pm |
  72. Javier

Your right you don’t notice a gas station until u need one.... my mom is always complaining about how gas prices are.... but my teacher when to Las Vegas and said that gas was cheaper there, what’s up with that?

Hopefully gas prices go back to normal or I’m not buying a car... I’ll stick with a bike.

September 24, 2008 at 2:55 pm |
  73. TayTay

The rising gas prices have affected me tremendously. Even though gas is somewhat the same price, since everyone thinks that there is a shortage, people freak out and try to buy as much as gas as possible. If people didn’t freak out, there wouldn’t be a shortage on gas, and the prices would not go up.

September 24, 2008 at 2:56 pm |
  74. haley

the world is coming to a end the gas prices is getting higher and people don’t get to go much places anymore. You don’t get to go out to eat with your family and you don’t get to go see your friends that live far away or that live down the street from you.

September 24, 2008 at 2:57 pm |
  75. paul

imymoms van costis about 6bucks agalin and that is high

September 24, 2008 at 3:02 pm |
  76. chelsea

My car is not very gas efficient, and the gas shortage is not helping at all. it's crazy to see how many gas stations have their prices blocked out and bags over the gas pumps. If there isn't enough gas then I won't be able to get to school or get anywhere to hang out and have fun. The prices have risen so dratically that three week ago I paid $3.72 and yesterday I paid $4.19...it's crazy!

September 24, 2008 at 3:13 pm |
  77. Lindsey

I think that gas prices these days are way too high. The bull that is being passed through congress should help out just a little bit, but I am worried about how that bill will be payed for. My teacher recently traveled to Las Vegas and said that has prices were a lot lower than what they are in Georgia. I think that gas prices should be the same through out the whole nation.

September 24, 2008 at 3:17 pm |
  78. alexis

HI CARL! Your so right its like a disaster . im glad i cant drive yet and you can so Ha! maby if you ride a bike . YA RIGHT. well good luck on the show

September 24, 2008 at 5:09 pm |

Not being able to find gas at any of the gas stations is really scary. The other night I went to at least 3 different gas stations and couldn’t find any gas. Since a lot of the places that I have to go require driving at least 10 miles, the whole not being able to find gas is not good. I am not sure what will happen if our town does completely run out of gas.

September 25, 2008 at 1:15 pm |
  80. Jack

I think people should find anoter resource insted of gas because gas is making people crazy. People all over Georgia are going nuts gas is impossible to find!!!!!!! Gas doesent help the envirorment at all, im in the junior enviermental group and i hope we find another resource.

September 26, 2008 at 7:20 am |
  81. Denille

I think that it is pretty rediculouse that their is practiculy no gas no where to be found.. Just last night their was this huge line at this one gas station by my house. Everybody sitting their waiting for the gas to be ready to use..my aunt had to go out in the middle of the night to avoid the huge line ups.

September 26, 2008 at 9:21 am |
  82. Cody

I personally live in the atlanta area, and gas is extremly hard to come by now. I drove around for at least 30 minutes driving to every gas station i could think of, and noone hard gas at the major gas stations such as racetrac or Qt. Finally, one of the last gas stations i could think of had some. But the line was so long that cars couldnt get through the parking lot without moving for each other in and outta line.

I think its redicoulous that its come to this. Gas has never been an issue and now out of nowhere its nearly impossible to get it and when you do manage to find it you have to wait close to an hour if not longer to even get it.

September 26, 2008 at 9:22 am |
  83. eric

Me not haveing any gas for my car sucks cause i cant go no where and i hate stayin at home. Yeasterday when i was lookin for gas there wasn't any gas any where i went to like 5 gas stations last night so me not haveing gas is bad.

September 26, 2008 at 9:39 am |
  84. ACE

running out of gas with money in your pocket but no where to by some gas is like like having a long, long, long, long bad dream.

September 26, 2008 at 9:40 am |
  85. Cameron

yea now a days gas is ridicoulous you have to make life decisions like either gettin a gallon of gas or getting a gallon of milk now gas is a big factor in anybodys budget i actually had to start he riding the bus just because of it they need to hurry and get the oil back pumpin!

September 26, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  86. Marcus

This is crazy that the gas supply is the way it is. People are running out of gas tring to find gas, whhich makes the world and economy very terrible

September 26, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  87. Elizabeth

I think the whole thing is ridiculous.
    If we run out of gas then we're all going to have alot of serious problems.
    one big problem is that alot of people wont get to goto work.

I sure hope this problem gets fixed soon

September 26, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  88. Omar

Its really ridiculous that gas prices are so high these days, just about $4.10 for a gallon over here in Georgia. Also that gas stations are running out of gas, Me and my friends had an incident with gass over the weekend. We went to eat at Taco Bell one night around 10pm and then when we got done we saw we were low on gas (empty) so we went to the local racetrac and Quicktrip and saw there was no gas left so we drove to atleast 5 different counties to get gas and we didn't end up getting home until 1am.

September 26, 2008 at 11:09 am |
  89. KM

Wow, I remember when gas was $1.09 a gallon and people only needed five dollars to go to work for the week! Now if I needed to catch a ride frrom a friend to go down the street, I better have more than $20 on me, because that's probably what they'll ask for. Today with the gas being that high all I ever hear is "I don't have no gas". Like gas prices being ridiculous causes everyone to be grammactically incorrect. But now no one has gas, not even gas stations! It still amazes me how there really is a gas shortage. Everyone is talking about it but I think we might see another depression. But hopefully I'll get my chance to even buy a car by then!

September 26, 2008 at 11:10 am |
  90. alex

people just need to learn how to walk and use bicycles i guess just because im not completly driving yet its not that bad.

September 26, 2008 at 11:14 am |
  91. Rach

Ya this would be a disaster. You would waste all the gas you have to go find more but every where you look is out. Maybe a type of gas station like BP should have gas for $1.00 So maybe they would make a much because they would have more buisness. Why can't they find a soulution because my family is a busy one so now we can"t do all the fun stuff we did back in 2003

September 27, 2008 at 9:41 am |
  92. Vann

This is ridiculous. Things are getting out of hand. something needs to be done. alot of us do not have the money to pay 4 dollars a gallon, and then wait an hour to get it.

September 29, 2008 at 9:21 am |
  93. Gabe

Part of the reason we have no more gas is b/c people are just to lazy to walk or run anywhere. if you people tha live like 5 mins away from your destination would stop and think, "if i walk i can save my gas. oh. but i can drive to save me the physical pain of walking for 5 mins." Nice one people.

September 29, 2008 at 9:32 am |
  94. gabe

Part of the reason we have no more gas is b/c people are just to lazy to walk or run anywhere. if you people that live like 5 mins away from your destination would stop and think, "if i walk i can save my gas." then we wouldnt be this deep into trouble with the gas. stop wasting gas, and stop being lazy.

September 29, 2008 at 9:58 am |
  95. Brandi

okay the gas prices are Horribe i feel sorry for my parents and all the people that have to pay for gas. but there is other ways to get around you could walk or you could ride the bus or even ride a motorcycle they dont us so much gas. we need to stop relaying on gas and find other things that would work like electicity because prices are going to get worse before they get better and we need to find a more healthy way gas is bad for the earth but many people dont care and they should

September 29, 2008 at 10:59 am |
  96. Candace

Since we have been out of gas it been. Chaos with the long lines, people fighting and also killing each other for gas.

September 29, 2008 at 12:40 pm |
  97. Randy

To me this gas price is a ig mess. people are not able toget to work an some of the students are not able toget to school. Now people have to ride bikes an walk. That is not a good idea!!!!

September 29, 2008 at 1:41 pm |
  98. Deion

Not having gas is serious because no one could go to work. You need gas to move your car or you can't go anywhere. Then there would be lots of commotion not having gas to go to work and make there money. Someone please solve the situation.

September 29, 2008 at 1:42 pm |
  99. heidi

I think as a country we need to get our act together and start by getting our troops home. Running out of gas is the first thing which could lead to a great depression.

September 29, 2008 at 7:09 pm |
  100. Troy

we need to boycott gas if every one boycotts gas for anweekend then until the gas stations lower their prices. if that happens gas should be back at a normal price.

September 30, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  101. chad

well i know that i am a kid and i want to do things and go places durning the weekend. sence we have no gas i cant go anywhere or do anything. it really effects me!

September 30, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  102. melissa

The shortage is affecting alot f people in many ways. People is going crazy because of the gas they are fighting, curssing at each other, and cutting te lines just to get ti it first. The people is getting depress and this is just crazy.

September 30, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  103. sudellie

It's true! You could see that when we dont need gas we dont notice it, or when we need gas notice it's just around the corner.
    It’s wrong how when we finally need gas and it’s not there. People are unable to go places like work and go to stores to get food. Now since the gas is getting higher, now the prices of food if getting higher. Therefore, life is getting harder for us people and especially for the youngsters. Life will become harder and harder, so we better get prepared.

September 30, 2008 at 12:50 pm |
  104. jasmine

Hey it's me again jasmine "GAS" this is a big problem. I mine like we as u.s. should do somthing abouot this, i sayin we have lifes to save and if we dont have any gas then how are we gone get there, to save people? We need it to get around you can't walk every where even though it's good for you. But old people need to be in cars because they could fall out and that will start to decrease the population so we need "GAS"

September 30, 2008 at 12:52 pm |
  105. Ryan

Yeah i agree they should at least try to get gas in the gas pumps because if they don't than they don't get money.

September 30, 2008 at 1:22 pm |
  106. ilee

i think the running out of gas is very bad today. people are not able to put gas in there cars daily because we are running out of gas. we shoulld not be good threw this gas is out of control the line are so long and we are constaly running out of gas.people should try to save there gas a walk every now and then or ride the buses to get back and forward to work. runnung out of gas is the first thing which could lead to a great depression. it is making our troops not able to came home when they want to.

September 30, 2008 at 1:37 pm |
  107. luis

This whole gas situation is ridiculous and absurd!! What if all of the sudden there's no more gas and all we can do is just stay at home doing nothing.. WE NEED GAS!!!

September 30, 2008 at 1:42 pm |
  108. Amanda

i think that our economy needs to get together and get their act straight. and especially our congress. gas is one of our major things we rely on and yeah we really do need it. if my dad cant go to work because of him having no gas i will be highly mad and then he wouldnt get a pay check and then i would have no house and the homless rate will go up. lets drill where ever we need to drill and lets go to the moon and get the helium we need to make oil. every thing the congress does we the people have to take it. the only time people hear our voice is when we vote. i think that the people in that run this country need to get it togehter before we have another great depression.

-Amanda

September 30, 2008 at 1:44 pm |
  109. lauren

This no gas thing really sucks, especially when you run out of gas and you’re stuck sleeping in your car for the night. The other day I was at the gas station and the line was really long (probably a 30 min. wait) and some lady cut in line so a couple of guys got out of there cars and tried to beat her up. Luckily a police officer saw them walking towards her and told them to get back in there car immediately. People are going crazy while trying to get gas. Last night I was talking to an Austell Georgia police officer and he said people are pulling out knives and getting in really bad fights over who was in line first at the gas pump. A lot of people are just wasting gas by using it for four wheelers and dirt bikes instead of using it for there cars then complain that there’s no gas that’s ridiculous. Eventually the world will have no more gas ad I don’t know how life’s going to be then.

September 30, 2008 at 1:47 pm |
  110. Sam

If you where stranded in the middle of no where and you where empty on gas and their wasn't a drop of gas in 30 miles, what would you do? Find some help, Abandon your car and go to a train station, plane station, tow truck? What would you do?

October 1, 2008 at 12:16 pm |
  111. Sam

Lauren, we have recources to get more gas, AND eventually we wont need gas. LOL

October 1, 2008 at 12:22 pm |
  112. Sabrina

I think that gas prices and gas loss is a big prodlem in the United States, and it will be a big issue if we don't fix it soon.

October 1, 2008 at 12:27 pm |
  113. Jessica

It is so sad to see that gas is needed. People are suffering. Bad things always happen to good people. You don't know what you got until it's gone!

October 1, 2008 at 6:59 pm |
  114. CASSIDY

THIS ISNT THE END OF THE WORLD.SEIRIOUSLY PEOPLE,WE CAN LIVE ON BIKES,AND WALKING FOR A WHILE. THERE HAS TO BE ANOTHER SOLUTION TO ALL OF THIS.

October 3, 2008 at 8:51 pm |
  115. krunal

How come you didn't stop for gas if u knew it was empty? I would also like to know how come gas prices are going up a lot?

October 6, 2008 at 9:53 am |
  116. Nafice

This is impotant because I have seen a lot of gas stations that doesn't have any gas left. That's bad for people that have cars because if you are going somewhere far and you run out of gas, you see a gas station and when you go up to it they are going to tell you that their out of gas. Thats why I think its important.

October 6, 2008 at 10:25 am |
  117. Melissa

Personally I think that it's ridiculous and that we can hardly be expected to live this way. The U.S government needs to really get their act together.

October 7, 2008 at 1:00 pm |
  118. john

I want to have the orphanage charity win so the can eat and drink water!!!

October 7, 2008 at 1:27 pm |
  119. John

I think they need to make gas $2.86

October 7, 2008 at 1:28 pm |

I think I have a better solution to the housing problem than either Sen Obama or Sen McCain proposed...rather than bailing out the borriwers and/or lenders who made irresponsible commitments in the housing arena, I think banks should take the homeowner's mortgage, whether it be for 15, 20 or 30 years, and recalculate it for a longer period of time, say 40, 45 or even 50 yearsl. This would make it affordable for the homeowner while adding a degree of stability to the banking industry relative to the current foreclosure crisis. Banks will still get their money but over a longer period of time but will still experience the consequence for in many cases misleading the borriwer, This solution will allow people to remain in their homes but take individual responsibility for their choices...not pass that responsibility to every American.

October 8, 2008 at 8:21 am |
  121. Trent

I think that is a scary thing that we are very short on gas. I have not had this problem but im sure it could happen

October 8, 2008 at 2:29 pm |
  122. Christina

I think that we should blame the Forgine countries that sell us gasoline because they play games with us like they tease us like older kids tease younger kids lets say they get mad at us for some reasons they wouldnt sell us gas or thy would sell us very little.Who suffers? US!!

October 9, 2008 at 7:06 pm |
  123. Spencer

We are running out of gas! We have to stop going to the countries in middle east for our oil. Our U.S. doesn't get that we either need to start making our own oil, or we need to start creating more alternative energy. because the oil thing is realy affecting us, the people.

October 13, 2008 at 9:46 am |
  124. Spencer

I think that would really suck if we ran out of gasoline to power our country and this just proves more that we need to change our energy thinking and our sources of energy to things such as solar or wind power.

October 13, 2008 at 9:48 am |
  125. josie

the gas prices seem to hurt everyone even kids in school and afterschool activites because parents have to drive us to school then the y pick us up after school from sports and it hurts the schools buget because some sports have to go to different places to compete with other schools and that hurts.

October 13, 2008 at 10:50 am |
  126. michelle

i dont want this to happen to my town. being out of gas would not be good for my family i mean my parents drive all the time to work, to the store to get food, and to the other places too. having gas to drive around is really important it would be horrible to not have any.

October 13, 2008 at 11:55 am |
  127. allen

I think that the gas prices are hurting lots of people . My mom and dad have to drive a lot during the day and without gas they wont be able to do anything because they cant use the car, because of the gas.

October 16, 2008 at 12:47 pm |