.
August 17th, 2008

How Was Your Summer?

The weather may still be warm, but the vacation part is pretty much over...at least for us.  And in Monday's show, you get a sense of what we've been up to besides the Webcasts we've posted every two weeks.

Now we'd love to know what you did over the last couple months, and you're welcome to talk about it right here.  But for extra credit, tell us in an iReport.  It's as easy as recording yourself on a camcorder, getting your parents' okay, and submitting the info to CNN Student News.  And who knows?  We may post it on our site, our blog, or our show!

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Tiffany

My summer is pretty great and I've done many things. I'm so glad to see CNN Student News' first show of the school year! 😀

August 18, 2008 at 6:18 am |
  2. Grace

I went to the swimming pool with my family.
    I couldn't go many places,but I can learn more during the summer vacation.
    So I think my summer vacation was great!

August 18, 2008 at 10:48 am |
  3. Tre', Charis and Tavius

This Summer we went to the pool multiple times and had over 100 degree temperatures for 56 days [we live in Texas,] and our cousins stayed over for a month.

August 18, 2008 at 11:06 am |
  4. Sara

I went swimming, hanged out with my friends, spent some time at my church and went on multiple bike rides! I loved getting excersice in the beautiful summer air! Also I've been reading up a storm. 😀

August 18, 2008 at 2:09 pm |
  5. Mike

Over the summer, I went to Atlanta and visited the CNN Center. The place was huge. It had a food court with tons of restaurants, numerous rooms for filming and editing news, and some CNN stores. I took the official tour, and got to be the pretend news anchor. As, I was reading the script-thing, I came to a person's last name that I couldn't pronounce. I was saying, "Gu? Gi? Ga?" I kept ask unitl the tour guide said, "Guidry." (Pronounced Gi-dree.) Overall, the place was pretty cool.

August 18, 2008 at 10:12 pm |
  6. Monica

I went to beach for 3 days and it was fantastic!
    But after that, i had to stuck at my house becauze my mom didn't let me to go outside and play,,,, she wanted me to study!
    Uggh........

August 19, 2008 at 1:48 am |
  7. Ms. Mason

Hi Carl,

Good to see CNN Student News back from the summer break. Love the new graphics! We're still talking about your school visit last year. We're ready for i-reporting now with a new Flip video camera. I'm really excited to see what the students can do!

Catch you on the "Flip" side,
    Ms. Mason

August 20, 2008 at 10:54 pm |
  8. hannah

IT WAS GREAT. ALL I DID WAS RIDE HORSES, SWIM, AND AND HANG OUT WITH MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! IT WAS SO COOL, ONE OF THE BEST SUMMERS EVER!!!

August 22, 2008 at 1:11 pm |
  9. Danielle & Katie

Dear CNN Student News,
    Our summer was quite the summer!

August 22, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  10. kayla

my summer was good.I was really busy i am on swim team andi hvae to swim five days aweek then i dislocated my shoulder and i couldnt swim no more.Then i went to camp and i had to drink a gallon of milk.my summer was fun .

August 22, 2008 at 3:06 pm |
  11. Shannon

This summer, all i did was mostly go to soccer, hang out with friends, and read. I actually read about seven or eight books. It was really hot here which wasn't the kind of wheather that i would wish for while playing soccer in a dark blue jersey...but hey, i can't complain, I had lots of fun.

August 22, 2008 at 11:20 pm |
  12. Tiffany

The schools at my country hadn't started yet, although that didn't very much matters to me becuase I'm homeschooled. My family and I are going on a trip - to another country! This is probably my last vacation this summer, I should cherish it. 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

August 25, 2008 at 5:16 am |
  13. Lizz

My summer was awesome!! I went to St. Louis, Chicago, and Indianaopolis. I had a friend who graduated from high school so we just went to congratulate her. Anyway, I saw the Arch and I went to the very top. OMG!! It was so high! After that I went to the Sear's Tower and that was even taller! OMGD! (Oh My Gosh Dude!) I had a great summer how about you?

August 25, 2008 at 8:41 pm |
  14. Erin

We went camping and the best part of summer was ... THE JONAS BROTHERS CONSERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 26, 2008 at 6:04 pm |
  15. madison

the best part of my summer was stying up and sleeping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 27, 2008 at 9:46 pm |
  16. Ahmad Qasim

My summer was awesome!! i went to Niagara falls,Center Island, and WonderLand.

September 2, 2008 at 11:27 pm |
  17. jeeyeon

hello~"
    My summer was very interseting!
    I can sleeping all day! ^^

September 3, 2008 at 9:01 am |
  18. Davie

I had a boring summer... But I got to taste goat for the first time It was awsome!

September 3, 2008 at 3:07 pm |
  19. Ben

I had a decent summer, but it could have got improved, all I did was go to illanois and go to the beach. But it was fun, Sad it's over though, It was a good summer.

September 3, 2008 at 3:09 pm |
  20. Davie

Toad is also tasty but I dont think many people like it... Some times I would run through the woods with my dog. I like my dog 😀

September 3, 2008 at 3:10 pm |
  21. MATiNA

OMG Mii SUMMER WAS SO CRAZii
    i GOTT TO RIDE A MULE. FROM CALiMAZOO
    iT WAS SOOOOOO KEWL!

September 3, 2008 at 3:11 pm |