.
July 24th, 2008

No Slack!

Okay, I admit I've been slacking a little on the blog, and I'm sorry about that.  But I'm definitely not slacking on the job!  There's a little election coming up this November - you might've heard something about it - and we're busy preparing for it at CNN Student News.  In fact, we just wrapped up a report about televised presidential debates - the history of them, who's in charge of them, and what kinds of formats they come in.  And you'll see that piece as the presidential debates get going and the big day gets closer.

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Dana

Hi-.
    That sounds great!!
    And I have a question,, Everyday, I've seen Quick Guide & Transcrips and Ten Question & Newsquiz on the Student News website, but since week of June 2, I can't see that anymore-.
    What's the matter with Quick Guide & Transcrips and Ten Question & Newsquiz board?
    When can I see that again?

July 25, 2008 at 12:41 am |
  2. Sara

Can't wait Carl!!! Thanks for you dedication to the news, especially
    Student News. 😀

July 25, 2008 at 12:19 pm |
  3. Carl Azuz, Anchor

Hey, Dana–
    We're currently in "summer mode," producing only the shorter, subject-specific Webcasts you see right now on our front page. Our daily news program - complete with Quick Guides, Transcripts, Ten Questions and Newsquizzes - will resume on August 18th.
    Hope you're enjoying your summer!

July 25, 2008 at 3:29 pm |
  4. ming

hi, of course I'will engoy my vacation, but also I'am waitting the students news updated again soo.^^

July 26, 2008 at 2:37 am |
  5. Wayno

Carl -

I've notice that in the channel lineup (yup cnn student news already is showing up on our cable system here in Tucson) the show runs Tuesday – Saturday - what's up with that?

Cox Cable said the correction had to come from you. They don't make up the schedule.

weirdness! Can't wait for you to return - and to see how you will cover the mortgage mess, the election, gasoline, inflation, food costs, healthcare. Gosh you got one busy year ahead!

Wayno

July 27, 2008 at 4:42 am |
  6. Dana

Thanks for Carl Azuz, Anchor.
    Students news is the best program among all cnn program.

July 27, 2008 at 9:17 pm |
  7. Tiffany

Where are the Newsqizzes? The Ten Questions?

July 28, 2008 at 9:37 am |
  8. Carl Azuz, Anchor

Tiffany -
    Please see my response to Dana above. Thank you!

July 28, 2008 at 12:17 pm |
  9. Carl Azuz, Anchor

Wayno -
    We definitely have a busy year ahead, and we can't wait to get started; the more news there is, the more exciting our jobs here get!
    Regarding your cable lineup, we're looking into it now, but just so you know, our daily show schedule that resumes on August 18 is as follows:
    Monday-Friday, CNN Headline News, 4:00 a.m. EST
    Monday-Friday, CNNStudentNews.com, daily
    Monday-Friday, iTunes, daily
    Hope you're having a great summer!

July 28, 2008 at 12:20 pm |
  10. Colton

Carl, i was just wondering if you
    were gonig to do the jokes that
    you do at the end of each show,
    our class loves them!!! 😀
    please comment back carl!!!!!!

July 28, 2008 at 9:36 pm |
  11. Carl Azuz, Anchor

Yes, Colton - as long as they're appropriate and don't get me in trouble, we'll be working in jokes (or at least very bad puns) when our daily show resumes in mid-August. It's a tradition I started years ago when writing the program, and our current writer, Jordan Bienstock, has kept it alive!

July 29, 2008 at 11:27 am |
  12. Melissa

OMG can wait for the big event except politics have been taking ver the parades where i live i swear to god.

o yah carl me and my class love the jokes too

hmm oo yah remember free rice wel i have earned over 100k grains

write back?

July 30, 2008 at 9:19 am |
  13. Evie

carl my friend,
    my class once counted over 30 puns in one episode and were amazed at the immense amount of punny. I am very excited about the Vlogs but would like to point out that Dracula is a classic and no where in the book does he actually say i am Dracula or rather I am Count Dracula.
    Jordan Bienstock ,
    1) your name would be GoodStock if you could just legally change the 2nd and 3th letters for me.
    &
    2) I love your need to spice up the show with comedy that children, such as myself, get and can appreciate the idiocy of it. Stay punny.

July 30, 2008 at 10:33 am |
  14. Carl Azuz, Anchor

Hey, Melissa–
    Interesting that you thought politics were taking over local parades. I ran the Peachtree Road Race on July 4th and was surprised by the number of t-shirts, signs and even campaigning on the side of the road! On the other hand, if you're trying to get the word out about a particular candidate, what better place to do it than in front of a crowd of thousands, and what better time than on Independence Day?

July 30, 2008 at 3:35 pm |
  15. Mary

Teachers have a life too. In addition to summer school, I have traveled to Florida and will spend a week in Bend, Oregon and wrap up at the Republican National Convention in August. Teachers are lifelong learners and spend "vacation" time learning to help students.

August 1, 2008 at 8:05 am |
  16. connie

Wow, thanks a lot for article about Carl

August 1, 2008 at 8:59 pm |
  17. Cindy

hello^___________^

i am a student frim taiwan

i think that is a great program
    and you are so good

that can help me to practice ENGLISH

August 2, 2008 at 5:51 am |
  18. Tiffany

Hey, Cindy! I'm a taiwanese, too! I bet your English is very good and can speak fluently. I'm soo excited to know someone is from Taiwan.

August 10, 2008 at 10:47 pm |
  19. lbhs ir student

i must admit, carl, those puns on halloween were quite the winners. keep up the good work funny man!

November 9, 2008 at 9:10 pm |