.
June 23rd, 2008

So...What Are We Doing?

This week, we're hosting 105 Georgia students for Leadership Unplugged:  A CNN Experience.  It's an annual event that brings CNN Student News together with 21st Century Leaders, a program that encourages and amplifies leadership characteristics among high school students.  Workshops, presentations, networking opportunities and a journalism project are all part of the deal.  (And you may see some coverage of this in an upcoming show.)

That's what we're up to this week.  What are you doing?

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Alice

Well...nothing special,actually.:)

June 25, 2008 at 2:38 am |
  2. Tonio

I still have school here and it's very boring. Most of the tests are done now, and I still try to be present as much as possible. Only four weeks left for us.

The best thing in this times is the European championship. Friends and I watch every game on a huge screen in the middle of our city. Today evening, it's Germany against Turkey. GO GERMANY, GO!!!

Tonio from Hamburg, Germany

June 25, 2008 at 5:52 am |
  3. Corey

What are we doing? Well, were Team Delta at Leadership Unplugged!! Which means... were stuck with you all week. Man, Carl its been awesome, I think, to be able to meet and hang out with you, and all of the student news and CNN staff. Its the opportunity of a lifetime and will hopefully benefit my career. Thanks a lot, Ill post some more later in the week!

Corey from Flowery Branch, Georgia

June 25, 2008 at 11:55 am |
  4. Tonio

Yeah!!

Just got home from the game Germany vs. Turkey. Germany won (3:2), which means we are in the final game!!

I just love to get outside on the street and celebrate with anyone out there after we won a game, even with people you don't know at all! It's interesting how the nation gets together in such times.

Tonio from Hamburg, Germany :oD

June 25, 2008 at 9:02 pm |
  5. cassie kim

Hi Carl Azuz. I want to contact you and i find this blog. My english name is cassie kim.
    I'm korean so i definitely can't take advatage of your leadership program. I really have interesting in journalism.
    I always watch this show via i-tune. I'm sad about summer-time break.
    Of course you have to rest, but i'm just sad to loose one program during summer.
    I'm in highschool senior now, so really busy for preparing the university entering exam. Korea's education program is absolutely different from America's. I want to let American sudents to know about this.
    I'm planning to work in Newyouk magazine (any magazine is ok), so trying really hard to master english. And your show is really helpful to strenghten my listening.
    I'm not high class girl, so it'll be hard to get in the University of Missiouri and pay for all those tuition. But i want to learn, and i want to report news so i never give up.
    I'll stop by here more often. commenting to your own post is kind of fun. I hope someday, i can send you an article about anything.
    Have a nice day and post again soon. bye!
    (and your show is really funny)

June 26, 2008 at 9:22 am |
  6. Jenny

I am going to Korea to see my relatives and then going to China for the Olympics. I can't wait!

June 27, 2008 at 1:14 am |
  7. Rachel

I am going to Africa with my sister and my parents. I hope I see lots of wild animals. I just LOVE the wildlife.

June 27, 2008 at 1:17 am |

I still need to go to school... one week to go! 😀
    and where doing some great project with the childeren from the last class primary school, there making there own radio podcasts with the help of us.

Tim (19) from the Netherlands

June 27, 2008 at 10:55 am |

Hello Mr. Azuz and all of you over at CNN Student News! I really enjoyed meeting all of you over the past week and I will continue to stay in touch with most, if not all of you! I think that this experience was awesome! I mean it isn't everyday you get to meet the people responsible for the NEWS! Thanks a lot for being there!

-Taylor

P.S. Jordan, All of the GAMMAS missed you at the business luncheon! Two of our teams made the top 3! We couldn't have done it without your help! So thanks again!

June 27, 2008 at 8:50 pm |
  10. Carmen

Thank you so much for helping with the 21st Century Leaders program this past week. Being able to speak with CNN reporters, writers, and producers was amazing. Carl you are hilarious and I am definately going to start watching CNN Student News now.

Go Team Delta. (:

Carmen.

June 29, 2008 at 1:01 pm |
  11. ET

My vacation didn't started- it starts on July 6th

July 4, 2008 at 2:50 am |
  12. Roger

It;s fun to see you again.

July 4, 2008 at 2:51 am |
  13. panda

Is there any opportunities for Iranian teachers to take a part in these programs?

July 4, 2008 at 5:04 pm |
  14. Jin

I am going to this camp at Washington D.C and I am totally scared! It's my first time going to America.

July 16, 2008 at 6:26 pm |
  15. Janet

Hello 🙂
    nice to see you, Carl!
    i like your reporting too much. it's kind of like an awesome and lively news. and also you boost me up to participate in this leadership program... but i get depressed cuz my junior's vacation is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need something special!
    do you have an ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????

July 21, 2008 at 5:54 am |
  16. Jungsang English Academy

We are studying now.... huh huh bye

July 25, 2008 at 12:23 am |
  17. Evie

Jungsang English Academy – i pity you.
    Carl- I am going home this week from the beach
    Everybody else- I have nothing to say to you

July 31, 2008 at 5:55 pm |
  18. Korean

What the-!
    I'm going to Jungsang English Academy!
    What a coincedence!
    Well,,,there's a lot of Korean people in this blog...
    Leadership.......
    I think I heard that there are many leaders who is eldest or only children. well,,,,,,BUT most important thing is to motivate people and understand and correspond with peoples, right?

August 5, 2008 at 12:53 am |
  19. Bob-o

who should i vote for

October 29, 2008 at 9:05 pm |