May 14th, 2008

GO DAWGS

Whenever I speak in the metro-Atlanta area, that's one thing I say that always gets cheers AND boos.  I'm a University of Georgia grad, and that gets some Georgia Tech fans a-buzzin' with anger (or jealousy).  But consider this:  If a bulldog actually fought a yellow jacket, one gets stung, the other eaten.  My money's on the bulldog.

Looking around our staff this afternoon, I saw graduates of Shorter College, Loyola, William & Mary, Emory, Michigan State, Harvard... (Harvard, Shmarvard.  Nothing compares to UGA.)

But enough about us:  Where are you seniors thinking about going to college?  Where do you underclassmen and women dream of going, and most importantly, why do you want to go there?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Kayla

I'm not a senior, but I rather go for DAWGS then Harvard, OR as you called it, Harvard Shmarvard.

May 14, 2008 at 5:53 pm |
  2. Rhianna

I have recently been accepted into the Art Institiute of Seattle into their Digital Filmmaking and Video Production program. I plan on being the first female director that focuses entirely on creating horror movies. I'm sick of seeing the same movie over and over again. I plan on bringing back the type of horror people saw in the 1960's and 1970's: the type that made people want to sleep with the light on. That is my goal. If I can make one person be afraid of the dark again, I'll be happy.

May 15, 2008 at 11:21 am |
  3. stephen

im not a senior but i also would go for the dawgs or what ever

May 15, 2008 at 12:29 pm |
  4. Chris

I am not a senior but i want to go to Devry because they have a good video game design program and that what i want to do.

Roanoke Rapids NC

May 15, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  5. Ashley

I am not a senoir but I do believe I will be joining Ohio State,maybe.

May 15, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  6. Student

Im a seventh grader,
    i would like to go to Harvard. I know that it is hard to get in but i will try my best. I still have backups if i dont get in. I whant to go there because it would look good on my job applications.

May 16, 2008 at 12:47 am |
  7. Jenny

I've been accepted to Western Washington University where I plan on getting a major in theater. I plan on going into technical theater, and I know that Western has an amazing program for it so I'm extremely to head there in September.

May 16, 2008 at 10:53 am |
  8. Laura

Recently I have been accepted to the University of Puget Sound, my dream college. Ever since I visted teh school fro a speecha nd debate tournement, I knew thia was the only school that I could be completely happy at. I can not wait unitl next year.

May 16, 2008 at 10:53 am |
  9. Dellanie

Well it didn't take me long to decide what i wanted to do after high school, or what college i wanted to go to. I've planned to go to community college for 2 years. But after that i plan to go to Temple university in Tokyo japan for a couple of years to major in art and minor in japanese/business. Honestly i can't wait :))

May 16, 2008 at 10:55 am |
  10. Keilah

I'm a senior at Bonney Lake high school and planning on going to pierce community college in the fall to get my pre recs for nursing. I would like to be an RN nurse so I plan to attened my first two years at pierce then plan to switch to a four year community college. I'm really excited to go to college and start a new chapter after high school.

May 16, 2008 at 10:56 am |
  11. Erika

I have an apprenticeship with the Seattles Mariners Foodservice company Centerplate. i currently work in the Suites kitchen at the stadium. The program is also part of South Seaqttle Community College and thats were i will get my degreee from. This entire peogram will take three years to complete and i am really looking forward to start.........

May 16, 2008 at 10:57 am |
  12. Mauro

I recently was accepting into Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA. I'll be going into Theater Education to train to become a high school Drama Teacher. My true goal, however, is to become an actor, but the probability of being able to make a living off of acting is very slim, so I decided that becoming a high school drama teacher is a safe back up plan.

After a year or so at western, I'm hoping to transfer to some kind of theater school in New York so that i can still be attending school while I strive to make my acting career take off.

May 16, 2008 at 10:58 am |
  13. Nathan

I'm going to work for the summer and take the ACT test so I can take winter college coarses. I've laid back for far too long and I'm finally pulling the pieces back together.

May 16, 2008 at 11:01 am |
  14. Becca

It's my dream and soon to be reality to go to Hillsong International Leadership College in Sydney, Australia. I love seeing the reactions of people whenever they asked where I'm going to college. Their eyes usually get really big and they are shocked that I'm going across the world. By now, most students at my school know that I'm going there, in fact some people come up to me and ask me about it even when I never told them 🙂
    I want to go there because of their Worship Leading program. It's my passion and joy to worship and I'm super excited to start in January 2009!

May 16, 2008 at 11:02 am |
  15. @ndrea

This fall, I will be attending the Art of Institue in Seattle to study pastry and baking. I choose the Art of Institute in Seattle bacuse of its location. I would like to stay nearby my family, and besides I don't feel ready to move far away from people I know. The following year i would like to transfer, hopefully I'll feel ready for the BIG move, to the Art of Institute in L.A. and study culinary and business and restaurant management.

May 16, 2008 at 11:03 am |
  16. Abigail

DAWGS?????
    It's all about the BRUINS!!!!!!!! no argument about it, UCLA is the place to go to college. It has a great environment, great campus and the cafeteria food will make you want to live inside the cafeteria forever and never leave it. the pizza is exquisite. UCLA is one of the best public universities in the country so that's where i'll be heading this fall.

that's right! GO BRUINS!!!!!!!

May 16, 2008 at 11:08 am |
  17. Ciara

i am attending Central Washington University. While attending i am going to recieve my teachin degree and eventually become a preschool teacher. 🙂

May 16, 2008 at 12:28 pm |
  18. andrew

im not going to college,its a waste of time and money.i cant stand school as it is,why would i waste more of my youth going to a place i cant stand?

May 16, 2008 at 12:30 pm |
  19. Rachel

Go Wildcats!!! I am heading off to Oregon this fall and I will be going to Linfield College in McMinnville, just an hour past Portland. It's an awesome private school and I am so excited to go there and begin studying to become a RN nurse. Finally it's almost time to get started doing and becoming what I want to be.

May 16, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  20. Kelly

Im attending peirce community college for criminal justice.

May 16, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  21. Kaylee

I am a senior but I have put off where i want to go to college for too long. I am about to graduate and i am kind of sure where i want to go. I will attend Green River Community College in the fall where i wll try and get a business degree. I would like to live on campus because they have have on campus housing and that would let me get out of my house sooner than expected 🙂 . I think a lot of soon to be graduates have a for sure mind set about where they want to go, but i am just one that has slacked off a little too much. 😦

May 16, 2008 at 12:31 pm |
  22. Nichole

Ive planned on going to community college for 2 years and get my basic entry classes done, its cheaper and faster. then i was planning on going to a 4 year university out of state if possible. NMSU however, i wont need to go to community college first, and im really excited about that. 🙂 i want to get school done and over with as quick as possible.

May 16, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  23. Melissa

Wildcats ROCK!

May 16, 2008 at 12:32 pm |
  24. Bobby

I strongly disagree abigail. USC is where it is at. BTW hows your football team haha. Along with the education and community. it is exquisite!!!

May 16, 2008 at 12:33 pm |
  25. Aaron

In the fall I am going to either S.C.C (spokane community college) for there mechanics program or i am moving from Washington state to California to attend Wyotech one of the best schools for mechanics. i have a full ride to both schools so everything is still in the air

May 16, 2008 at 12:33 pm |
  26. Cody

University of Washingtion Go Dawgs

May 16, 2008 at 12:33 pm |
  27. RobertS

I'm going into the National Guard to serve and to stay with my family.

May 16, 2008 at 12:34 pm |
  28. CoDy

I'm a senior at Bonney lake High School. I plan on going to Green River Community College to get my AA in Architectual drafting and design, then i'm off to The University Of Washington(the Dawgs), to further my learning and complete another 4 years in Architectual engineering. I'm really excited to be off on my own and to give back to the community that I live in.

May 16, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  29. Dan

I'm not going to college right after high school. I'm going to wait and save up money to go because i don't want to be paying off loans untll i'm 40.

May 16, 2008 at 12:36 pm |
  30. Kimberly

I planned to go to a two year college so that i can get my AA in early childhood education but unexpected news in may of my senior year made me postpone those plans and start a new one. so i plan to get married and have children with in the next year.

May 16, 2008 at 12:37 pm |
  31. Bridget

well i know it sounds pathetic but i havent had any time to think about collage due to all this senior busy work. so my plan is to wait until after graduation to figure out where im goin. seems like not enough time but i plan on waiting until winter quarter in january to start skool. so this way i can make a real effort at finding where im goin wit my life.

May 16, 2008 at 12:37 pm |
  32. Austin

This comes at a very good time, about two or three weeks ago we actually talked and resherched about are future and we talked about the college we hope to be attending. I am planning on going to Univesity of Michigan, not only because I love Michigan, but they have a very good program and they know what they are doing, and guess what I am only in eight grade.

May 16, 2008 at 1:18 pm |
  33. Lesley [=

Oh my. Um either Tennesee or Penn State. Your probally going to laugh at my reason too. Penn State because their my favorite college football team [= And Tennesee because i LOVE their basketball team

May 16, 2008 at 4:38 pm |
  34. Ben

I like many different colleges like IU, Kansas, and Wisconsin, but if I had to choose one I would love to go to Kansas!

May 16, 2008 at 8:48 pm |
  35. Kaylee

As a freshman, I'm kind of looking to go to U of M. BUT with the prices of college, I am fortunate to have both of my parents working at Central Michigan University. With both of them working there, I get 48 free credits a year!

May 17, 2008 at 8:59 pm |
  36. Mike

I would definitely choose University of Washington.

May 18, 2008 at 5:53 am |
  37. Hera

I know where to go. Yale. My friend's father teaches there, it's a good school, and it's one of the few universities that only "smarties" can get in and have a class for musical instruments. (Cello.) I love it so much and I will never quit.

May 19, 2008 at 6:18 pm |
  38. evie

yeah so I'm only in 6th grade but my parents and older brothers dragged me on a college tour and I'm liking William & Mary. I liked it 'cause 1: It's surrounded by so much American culture and history and B: IT'S MADE OF AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
    don't listen to me though cause heck i'm only in 6th grade (the best grade so far)
    stay punny Carl
    we luff you!

May 19, 2008 at 7:50 pm |
  39. Dodge

Personally, I'd like to go to the UNC School of Mass Communication and Journalism to earn a PhD in journalism – look out CNN, I'm coming!

May 20, 2008 at 8:20 pm |
  40. Patrick

I am only in 7th grade, but I have and idea of which college I want to go to. I really want to go the United States Naval Academy and serve in the United States Navy.

May 21, 2008 at 7:05 pm |
  41. Renee

I'm not a senior, I'm not even in high school yet, but I want to a college that will get me into a great medical school. Which ever one that is is great for me.

May 22, 2008 at 5:47 pm |
  42. Mike

Go UGA! Georga Tech's maskot, the yellow jacket, can't show his face near Uga, UGA's live bulldog maskot.

May 22, 2008 at 6:15 pm |
  43. Andy

My dream college would be the University of Miami. I've wanted to play football for the canes ever since i was a wee tike. I used to have a helmet and jeresey that i would put on and play outside by myself. I can probobly only get there if my teacher Mr. Carper gives me extra credit for getting his name on T.V. though.

May 23, 2008 at 1:10 am |
  44. Diana

I'm not a senior (yet!) But my dream school is East Carolina University (PIRATES!!!! ARRRRGH!) I plan to major in music education and be a high school music teacher to SPREAD THE MADNESS OF BAND GEEKINESS. Music has always been a part of my life, so why not let others get the chance to experience that gift?

May 23, 2008 at 9:46 pm |
  45. Erin

UCLA Bruins, baby!

May 30, 2008 at 12:59 am |
  46. Hannah

I'm not a senior, but I love UGA and the Dawgs!!

June 3, 2008 at 4:12 pm |
  47. kelcie

UGA GO DAWGS! so a bull dog would so win in a fightagenst a yellow jacket. just for the simple fact that there bigger better and doesnt a jacket die after it stings something?
    i doubt in going to collage anymore. but when i was trying to find a school i wanted to go to georgia they have a great music program

September 26, 2008 at 11:16 am |