.
March 30th, 2008

Missing Spring Break!

We don't have a Spring Break on CNN Student News.  Since schools across the country take breaks at different times, we don't want to be off the air when any of you are in class.  But man, I miss it.

I remember doing exactly what was mentioned in Monday's program:  going to Six Flags and going to the beach.  Sometimes I'd just kick around the house, playing football in the backyard or drumming with my high school rock band (we had little talent but made LOTS of noise...).

Anyway, since we'll be working while you're off school, we want to live vicariously through you.  So take a moment to tell us what you're doing for Spring Break, even if it's just hanging out, and we'll take a moment to daydream and remember being students again!

Filed under: Feedback
  1. Mitchel

I am studying Business& Economics mathmatics for Spring Break.
    Because the math teacher said, "We are goint to test your mathmatics ability after spring break, And that test will be the same level on midterm test."

March 31, 2008 at 9:01 am | Reply
  2. dennis

In germany lots of people going to the mountains for skiing.
    I don't, its to expensive, just hanging out with friends

March 31, 2008 at 11:08 am | Reply
  3. Zac

Here in Michigan, the weather is frightfully frigid and freezing. So I am going to be working in a wonderfully warm greenhouse in Parchment, Michigan. My whole class loves you guys!!! Especially Carl's alliteration and potent puns.

March 31, 2008 at 1:47 pm | Reply
  4. Joseph from Mrs.Mayer's Class

We already had Spring Break, but people in my class went to movies, went to North Carolina, went shopping(even teachers did that), visit the Zoo, and many of my fellow friends just hung around and went to each others house!

March 31, 2008 at 6:15 pm | Reply
  5. Raychal

I'm getting braces! Sounds like fun don't it! well im gonna have a friend there to tuff it out with so it won't be as bad!

March 31, 2008 at 6:54 pm | Reply
  6. Alexis

Dear Carl Azuz,
    You are sooooooo........... cool!!!!!!! I am your biggest fan, EVER!!!!!! I have your picture on my wall and on a t-shirt that says “Carl Azuz Official Fan Club”!!!!!!! I love all of your puns!!!!!! You are sooooo........ punny!!!!!!! I go to Coleman.
    Your biggest fan,
    Alexis

March 31, 2008 at 7:24 pm | Reply
  7. dana

i had to stay at my home state Virginia do to the Persian new year and my cousins who have spring break the 1st weak of April are in Florida and i am very jealous

March 31, 2008 at 9:21 pm | Reply
  8. :)

We don't have spring breaks here in Taiwan, we only have summer & winter vacation.

April 1, 2008 at 7:56 am | Reply
  9. Kate

man i would hate it if we did not have spring break.

April 1, 2008 at 8:47 pm | Reply
  10. :)

Wow Alexis you're pretty crazy!

April 1, 2008 at 10:57 pm | Reply
  11. thatcavalierfan

dude, (by the way, the one who is posting this is a girl) missing spring break is sad. if i had to miss it, i'd totally die! aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    oh, and alexis, i agree with :), you are pretty crazy. it isn't that funny, ya know. and, no offenct, carl's puns are, well, quite lame, and from what i see, so are you. like i said, no offence. by the way, thats awseome that 🙂 loves in tiwan, sweet!

April 9, 2008 at 11:55 pm | Reply
  12. jr

It's crazy to miss out spring break!May'be they want us to learn more.

April 13, 2008 at 7:47 pm | Reply
  13. Mathew

Since I go to school in Florida for my spring back I went to my home in New Jersey and wasted my time. As I drive around trying to find something to do while I wait for my friends to get out of school. The only thing exciting I had done was to sleep in and be able to go to a bagel store near by for the best bagels made in the world. Rita's water ice had its first day of spring opening and offered free italian ice which I had to get since it was free. Other then that I had a sleepover with my friends and we played video games all night. But one important thing I wanted to do was to see my High School soccer coach since he has done a lot for in the past years of being at my school. Finally I got to leave and go to where it is warm and where I actually belong back in Florida.

April 18, 2008 at 9:34 am | Reply
  14. Altaïr

We never usually get spring break here. It's usually skipped but this time, we got a day off, which was okay. Not the best though. I hear of people getting a week or so off for spring break. We usually get none.

April 21, 2008 at 1:26 am | Reply

Post a comment

CNN welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the Rules of Conduct set forth in our Terms of Service. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Service.