March 17th, 2008

Tornado Damage

Splintered treeDowned treeStatue - Face DownDamaged Tombstone at Oakland Cemetery, AtlantaDirectly across the street from CNN CenterFormer “Trees of Atlanta” offeringCNN CenterDamaged Car

Web Producer Jeff DeHayes checking in with some pics of the damage. We at Student News made it through the tornado fine, but a lot of things in and around Atlanta didn't.  I volunteer at Oakland Cemetery and have been shocked at the amount of damage suffered there. Monica Lloyd went around and took some pics from the neighborhood around CNN Center and was equally amazed at the amount of damage.

Jeff DeHayes, Web Producer

Filed under: Behind the scenes • News Coverage
  1. Alice

WOW!So shocked...especially about that uprooted tree...and that statue...that tombstone...that car-everything!!! :O

March 18, 2008 at 6:23 am |
  2. Ethan

I hope Monica wasn't hurt.

March 18, 2008 at 6:25 pm |
  3. taylor

ive seen tornado damage before but not like this.Especially in a downtown area.This is some prety bad stuff uprooted trees, crushed cars,and statues toppled over like it took no effort at all.Everything there basically destroyed......EVERYTHING.O__O

March 19, 2008 at 12:11 pm |
  4. jacob

This is so horrible it makes me just want to go out there my self to help those people

March 20, 2008 at 1:46 pm |
  5. Tina

I live in Atlanta. My house suffered some damage, but it was uncompariable to my neighbors. Two trees fell, one crushing their roof and the other across their backyard. Hail broke windows in their cars and house. My family and the rest of our friends joined together to help these people make it through their hard times. It pulled the community together.

March 20, 2008 at 5:15 pm |
  6. Cassie

The goverment should step up and do someting about all of this.

March 20, 2008 at 7:24 pm |
  7. JT

i live in South Carolina and some of the storm flew through here we had about 4 tornado's but i really feel for the people in Georgia! We only got a side they got hit directly! A tornado went through our town and right by my friends house! but if it did all that here i really have sympathy for all those who live in georgia!

March 20, 2008 at 7:35 pm |
  8. Rico

i live in the hotlanta. But it wasnt so hot when that tornado came through! I live on the edge of the atlanta city limit so i got some minor damage. but it was loud! thanx to all those people who helped make atlanta even more beautiful! peace love happines

March 25, 2008 at 6:03 pm |
  9. Shelblee

Hey whats up? My name is Shelblee and i think this weather is c-r-a-z-y .I hope it gets better soon. My lacrosse practice can't be cancelled again! Hi Juan, Travis, Ashley, B.J., Kenn, Kyle, Liz, Paige,etc ! Hi Mr.Web!

April 3, 2008 at 8:50 pm |
  10. Shelblee

Maybe I should say something about the news. Like how awesome it is ! It gets me out of class for at least 20 min a day.Just kidding. I found the percentage of kids who drop out of H.S. really suprising. How many kids actually make it to college?

April 3, 2008 at 8:54 pm |