February 18th, 2008

Tough to Tell, Tough to Watch

The California beef recall report was really rough.  We put in the warnings to give teachers a heads-up about the graphic images that the report showed.  But we couldn't tell the story without them.  You need to see the pictures to understand why everyone from the Humane Society to health officials are so concerned – and to have an idea of how far the alleged mistreatment of the animals went.

Will it change your eating habits?

Carl Azuz, Anchor

Filed under: News Coverage
  1. John

This article made me think about what I eat. Mr. Azuz, thank you for speaking to us today! I really appreciated your insight.

February 19, 2008 at 11:13 pm | Reply
  2. bob the 73rd

well i dont eat cow so i dont care people can just not eat cows and then this wouldnt b a problem

February 20, 2008 at 11:25 am | Reply
  3. Zach

My Social Studies Teacher lets us watch CNN Student New all the time and the other day we saw the cows being abused that way was inhuman and should of never of happened.

February 20, 2008 at 11:27 am | Reply
  4. Carmen

I think this is absolutely gross. It's scarry to think that people have been eating that stuff. I can't believe they didn't get in trouble before now. I won't be eating anything that came from a cow for a while.

February 21, 2008 at 10:54 am | Reply
  5. First Name

This has changed some things for me, maybe. In a sense, I may just be blind, or perhaps uncarring, so, if something did change...it either changed for the worse...or it hardly did.

February 21, 2008 at 3:36 pm | Reply
  6. Lindsey

Cows provide food, so the least humans can do is treat them considerately in return. I think it's morally wrong to have them abused in such a way. There are people out there that will do horrible things like this, and there's really nothing we can do about it except whatever it necessary (in this case, firing and whatnot). Not all of us are caring, which was clearly seen in this situation. It really doesn't surprise me that people are acting this way.

February 26, 2008 at 9:48 am | Reply
  7. Michael

No it will not change my eating habits. I have been eating beef since I was a little kid. I am not going to stop now because there MIGHT be some diseases in the meat.
    PS Carl, you are the greatest anchor in the history of news. My school even has a Carl Azuz fan club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 29, 2008 at 9:15 am | Reply
  8. Michael

I hate to think about animal cruelty and I think that it is one of the sickest things you can do. This story was just wrong. The commiters of that abuse should be punished. Besides, if they were trying to get sick cows to stand up and move just so they could kill them and feed them to consumers, thats killing the animal, sickening people with diseases from the sick cows. That is just wrong.

February 29, 2008 at 10:39 am | Reply
  9. Ellie

That will totaly change my eating habits!

March 4, 2008 at 9:25 pm | Reply
  10. Vivien

I saw a much the same thing last June on the computer,since then I dont eat beef or pork,this is sick the person who was proding that poor cow should have the same thing happen to him and then jab him with a fork lift !! I hope this worker and other plus the company get the biggest fine with pictures and names in the papers or on tv.
    This thing also goes on with foul,also as I also saw this last year in June

March 5, 2008 at 1:02 pm | Reply