November 18th, 2007

MySpace Tragedy

To say today's report on the death of Megan Meier is tough is an understatement. She's the 13 year old Missouri girl who committed suicide after being harrassed on MySpace. The worst part of the story: the cyber-stalker's profile was a creation of the parent of another teenager. We were shocked when we heard about this story, but we realized it is an important one to tell. It highlights the importance of keeping personal information close to the vest when you go online. Not everyone is what they appear to be. An important lesson to learn. We hope our discussion questions will help your class talk about the story, and help put it in the context it deserves. Let us know how the discussion went in your class.

Posted by
Filed under: News Coverage
  1. Connor

First off, I am sympathetic for the family of Megan. I was appalled when I heard it was someone's mother doing that to her. It was atrocious regardless of who did it, but I never would have expected that from a mother!!!! However, I think Mrs. Meier is also at fault, because she should have been more caring toward her daughter. I think it was a real tragedy, but two people are at fault. I hope this is a lesson for parents and teens anywhere so that this will never happen again.

I also very much hope that the law enforcement prosecute the mother who set up the myspace page.

This all jsut reaffirms my belief that "MYSPACE IS EVIL!!!!!!!!"

Not all social networking sites, just myspace!

November 18, 2007 at 8:36 pm |
  2. Dodge S.

Identity theft is a crime. And the United States government is keeping strict tabs on people inside of the United States. Creating a new identity, for fun or for work should be a crime. If you want to have a MySpace account, or an account on any other social networking site, you should be willing to provide some sort of identification that can be checked against an actual database. However much time it might take, however many human resources it might take, maybe it can stop stories like this.

Dodge S.

November 19, 2007 at 12:44 am |
  3. Joyce

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this story. I can't believe a parent was behind the bullying of an emotionally unstable thirteen year old.
    I have some suggestions for the authorities.....charge this sick, demented parent with all of the following.....child endangerment, child abuse, harassment, cyber stalking, sexual predator stalking, attempted murder, and manslaughter. She knew what she was doing was wrong, she watched the ambulance go to Megan's house, then called one of the other teens involved and told her not to say anything about their hoax. Next, she deleted the account off of My Space.
    This story would be bad enough it the victim had been an adult, but for an adult parent to do this to a child is incredibly evil. This evil woman said she wanted to find out what the other girl was saying about her daughter. Well, now she can google herself and read what people all over the United States, as well as internationally are saying about her, and it isn't pretty.

November 19, 2007 at 11:20 am |
  4. Melissa

I really dont understand how someone could do that?

November 19, 2007 at 12:10 pm |
  5. Rowanda

Thats just messed up that a mother would do such thing. Why would she do that? i think that some legal process should happen because that mother was the final straw to killing that girl.

November 19, 2007 at 12:10 pm |
  6. Joey

I don't understand why a grown adult would create this account and harass a young girl to the point where she had to hurt hurself. I think there needs to be tougher laws about cyber sites because this is becoming more and more common where someone lies about their identity and does bad things.

November 19, 2007 at 12:10 pm |
  7. Matt B.

I dont understand why a parent would do that that is really weird. It just shows some people are really weird. The parents could of just asked her instead of doing what they did.

November 19, 2007 at 12:11 pm |
  8. Katherine R.

i think that there should be better control and monitoring on myspace, there should be more charges that can be filed against cyber crimes. Biggest of all i think that its most important to be envolved with your child and who and what they are talking and doing on Myspace.

November 19, 2007 at 12:11 pm |
  9. Bobby

These kind of things are ridiculous, yes there should be some legal action taken but overall its what the person reading these things thinks. If the person is depressed and receiving negative comments then just don't read them, or look for support from others, saying things over the internet shouldn't be taken that seriously especially if you dont know the person in real life.

November 19, 2007 at 12:12 pm |
  10. Erika

This is a really sad story. Why would a mom do that? I think that if there is a problem with my daughter and her friend then I would try to get them to talk things out but i wouldn't play with someone like that. I also think that there should be a punishment for people who cause a death. People shouldn't always believe what they see, hear, or read online.

November 19, 2007 at 12:12 pm |
  11. charles

people................ is humanity as humane as we think? as we can trust?

November 19, 2007 at 12:13 pm |
  12. Katy

There's no excuse for the neighbor mother's actions, and I believe that there's imminently a crime at hand. It's a tradgedy that, as teenagers, we are submitted to bullying. It's absolutely disgusting with a grown woman joins in and torments a girl less than half her age.

November 19, 2007 at 12:14 pm |
  13. Sharlyssa

Why would a mother make an fake myspace account? Most parents these days don't allow their children have myspace accounts because of safety issues. But a when a mother who makes a fake myspace account is really immiture. Just because your child is having problems with another child, it dosen't mean that you ruin that child's life. An mature parent would let thier own child handle their problems or talk about the situation one on one. I think that there should be a investigation about this, on what had happen to Meier Family.

November 19, 2007 at 12:16 pm |
  14. Joe

i find it bull crap that the mother who created the myspace didnt confront the parents of Magen in the first place. it makes me and others like me angry that this mother did this in the first place. she took it too far and disreguarded the fact the Magen is a human being and the fact that people who can do something about this, is not doing any thing at all.

November 19, 2007 at 12:19 pm |
  15. Stephanie

I find this story hard to believe. How ever I don't know if any one person is at fault. It could just be a combination of problems that this girl went through. I don't believe that the mother of the other girl that was trying to figure out why the two girls were fighting did any thing wrong. How ever she could have gone about it differently. Or just try to stay out of her daughters problems.

November 19, 2007 at 12:33 pm |
  16. Kendrina

I don't really have very many friends that have problems with depression. Most of my friends are pretty confident and outgoing people. I think Megan Meier and her family should have talked out her feelings instead of her keeping them bottled up inside. If a person is keeping their feelings bottled up inside instead of getting them out, that is one thing that leads to these types of tragedies. After seeing and hearing this story, I think that this should show most parents that instead of ignoring their children, they should at least try to help them out. Or if they cannot do that, they need to recommend their child to a counselor, or a family counselor would be even better. Also, I think that all parents should be cautious when it comes to letting their children have myspace accounts because there are dangers always lurking.
    I am thirteen and I have a myspace, but I also watch out for certain things. If people that I don't know send me messages that are suspicious, I block them. So even though she was happy for the attention, Megan didn't know the person or their whereabouts, so she should have also been more cautious. I'm not putting all the blame on Megan and her family because the woman who did this was very wrong. She knew exactly what she was doing. She is a grown woman. She should have known better. She should have talked to Megan's mother instead of Megan herself. She is just a minor.

November 19, 2007 at 1:40 pm |
  17. Ms. Richardson

My high school students feel that the State should take away the teenage daughter of the parents who committed the unlawful act of false representation and then Email harassment. This child should not be in a home with parents who are obviously not mentally stable/mature. Their actions were juvenile and borderline criminal. This is not a safe home environment.

November 19, 2007 at 2:10 pm |
  18. Vance

With the MySpace tragedy it must be hard for the victim's family. The disgustful family took the cowards way out of getting charged for this girl's path to suicide. I don't know what led the neighboring mother to this, but it was an idea that was so stupid I could sit down and rant about it all day.

November 19, 2007 at 3:01 pm |
  19. brit

that mother deserves going to jail for mudering that girl

November 19, 2007 at 5:34 pm |
  20. Tyler

First off I am not sympethitic for her parents because her mother did not do any thing about it when she was told to sign off and she didn't, they should have made her signe off. Also her mother didn't help her when she knew very well that she probalby need to have someone there instead she just told her go to her room.

November 19, 2007 at 5:34 pm |
  21. laura

i think it was every sad that happen to Magan. the neigber who made that fake myspace should be arrested for murder of harsshment.

November 19, 2007 at 5:35 pm |
  22. Superman (aka jason)

Meting people online is dumb.

November 19, 2007 at 5:36 pm |
  23. young ci

well i think that they should of not trick the girl with faking to be a little boy and the people who did this should show some simpathy and the girl should of not believe the fake massage but then again they should of not done that to the little girl if she has had some problems in the pasts.

November 19, 2007 at 5:37 pm |
  24. nicole

The more surprising part about Meghan's story was the fact that the creator of the account that harassed her was a mother. Especially since as parents, they know and have already experience the cruelty of children and teenagers. There is no question as to whether or not there was a crime, only what punishment she should recieve.

November 19, 2007 at 5:38 pm |
  25. Melinda

It's a terrible tragity, but Megah and her parent should have known better then to let her communicate with an unknown boy on myspace. The blame for this events lies in the parents' hands, both of Megan's and the other's girl's. Though no illegal crimes were commited, the emotions of a teenage girl were toyed with and lead to her horrible suicide. The mother who created the false account must not be sensible in the head. If your daughter is fighting with another girl, then you confront her parents calmly and rationally.

November 19, 2007 at 5:39 pm |
  26. Carly

This is somthing that needs to be stoped. A grown Mom should have no right to do that, how would she feel if somone did that to her daughter, and they were to be bullyed on the internet and it was by a mother that lives right down the street. I fell this behavor is unexceptabule!

Carly.

November 19, 2007 at 5:40 pm |
  27. from john w

That my space tragedy was a bad deal that girl had a good friend tell he started saying bad stuff about her I hope that will never happen again.

November 19, 2007 at 6:00 pm |
  28. from john w

That was a big fire that happened in California allot of houses were destroyed and people were killed but at least they got the fire out and found out that it was a kid that started it.

November 19, 2007 at 6:11 pm |
  29. from john w

That was a bad deal what happened to the kid in bear attack but at least he is alright.

November 19, 2007 at 6:16 pm |
  30. from john w

Well the election days are looking pretty good I wounder who is going to win.

November 19, 2007 at 6:21 pm |
  31. william

i think that the parents who harrassed meagan should be charged of murder.

November 19, 2007 at 9:32 pm |
  32. Kyle

Although I am not standing up for the mother who sent the e-mails, it isn't quite a crime. Yes, she was the the thing that led to the girl's suicide, but she did not cause it...On social networking places, you have the option to block, or set as private...The girl should have just blocked the name after the harrassing e-mails...I will admit that what this mother did was sick and wrong...but her mother was monitoring her myspace...why would she haven't of seen what was wrong with her daughter...She should have been there to comfort and/or stop the harrasssing...It's a all-over twisted and disturbing case in my opinion....

November 19, 2007 at 10:43 pm |
  33. Etsuu

One thing I don't understand is why would someone take an online relationship like that seriously? At such young of age.. And who would take and put up with the threats and the nasty stuff "he" was saying. That's just dumb. Honestly, She must have been somewhat of a pushover or something to let someone online toy with her feelings that easily.

November 19, 2007 at 11:34 pm |
  34. Mychal

I think Myspace is a great website, but I too also think it is a dangerous website without parental control...

I am not against Myspace, infact I go on that website everyday, I am just saying to watch who you talk too and be careful of what you do on there.

November 20, 2007 at 2:21 am |
  35. dylab\n

Hi I watched that video to day I was shockt to see that a mom whood do that to a little gril I whold like to tell her mom ahd dad that the mom ho did this shood be arestid.

November 20, 2007 at 9:11 pm |
  36. rucimiliano

In my opinion the harasser girl should go to de jail. I'm very sorry.

November 21, 2007 at 8:08 am |
  37. manolo

I think that Megan parents should have paid more attention to Megan because I think that Megan was a weak person. I am sympathetic for the family of Megan, and I propose more security and more cautions for the parents and police.

greetings from the basque country!

the best program is family guy!!!!!

Bye!!!

November 21, 2007 at 8:17 am |
  38. rucimiliano

I think that there should be better control. Biggest of all i think that its most important to be envolved with your child. I think that the parents who harrassed meagan should be charged of murder. We shouldn't speak with unknow persons. one geetlings for the parents. I'm according with the others opinion.

November 21, 2007 at 8:18 am |
  39. Libana

I think that this history is very sad and Megan shouldn't speak with unknown persons, but her parents should pay more attention to her daughter.

I am sympathetic with all her family and friends, sure that she had more than she think and she shouldn't hung herself. She had to think that there are more things in the life and she can enjoy them.

With this history I learnt that I mustn't speak to unknown people and trust in strange or just unknown people.

November 21, 2007 at 8:19 am |
  40. maurer

I think that history is very sad that happen to Megan but is very hard to believe. I think the mother of the other person should to go to the psychiatric. she is very crazy. its incredible.don't try this!!!!

November 21, 2007 at 8:20 am |
  41. david

i got so sad when i saw the news and i very sorry because of that tragedy. and i that it should be stopped and i thought that her parents had to control her daughter when she is talking with an unknown boy that is insulting her and Meghan should block the name after the harassing e-mails… is horrible how a mother that she has a daughter or a son can lead a teen girl to her suicide because a simple argument.
    i think that the punishment for the mum will go to the jail and be there 2 years.
    please, be careful with the blogs.

November 21, 2007 at 8:21 am |
  42. yere

I don't understand how this happened. I think Myspace is a good website, but it can be dangerous.
    I think this neighbor should be arrested because she led her to death.

November 21, 2007 at 8:21 am |
  43. ELene

When our teacher, showed us this video, I felt lucky. It must be hard to read how a boy o girl said you bad words. I think that the mum that wrote the bad messages to Megan, has a mental problem, in my opinion her family must send her to the psychiatric center, because it isn't normal to search in her daughter problems, also I think that Megan's mum ought to have an argument now with her because I think that, maybe, the bad mum tells her more motive why she did that.

I'm so sorry, and the best wishes for Megan's Dad and mum.

November 21, 2007 at 8:21 am |
  44. Mikel

I think that the one of the problems was that the family of Megan did not put very much attention in their daughter. But the best problem was that the neighbor of Megan was very bad person and very gossip.

November 21, 2007 at 8:22 am |
  45. naiara

I think that it is too difficult to believe the story. I think that one mother can't do that because they are mothers and they don't want to do the same with their children. Perhaps Megan's parents have to pay more attention to their daughter. But i think that the mother has to pay for this. The thing that she did with Megan is terrible. The mother can do that is very cruel. I'm very sorry with that death

November 21, 2007 at 8:23 am |
  46. Marta

I think this is a terrible tragedy and i am very sorry, but i think that her parents had to do something to help her if they knew that she wasn't good. I don't understand, how can a mother do a website to know about a girl because she is getting problems with her daughter. This mother is crazy and i think it is a crime. i don't think that having a website is dangerous but i think that you have to be careful with strangers.
    Meghan's neighbor should go to a psychiatric center or have a punishment.

this is all i can say, it is very sad.

November 21, 2007 at 8:23 am |
  47. Maddi

First of all I want to you know that I'm very sorried with all the family of Megan, specially with her parents.

I think Myspace isn't dangerous in itself, but yes the use.

The mother who did that won't have legal punishment, but I think what had happened will be in her head all her life. I can't understand how that mother answered when she had the notice.

On the other hand, I think that the parents had to try helping their daughter, but this doesn't remove what that mother indirectly did.

To end, again, my condolence.

November 21, 2007 at 8:24 am |
  48. CELINNA

I REALLY THINK MYSPACE IS NOT A GOOD INTERNET RESOURCE FOR ANYONE. NOT EVEN ADULTS OR CHILDREN BECAUSE CHILDREN MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK LIKE THIRTEEN YEAR OLDS WHEN ANYONE THEY KNOW ACTUALLY KNOW THEY ARE NOT THIRTEEN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

November 21, 2007 at 3:31 pm |
  49. Shay

I really do not approve of myspace and am just so intrigued how someone can have a relationship with someone that they met over the internet. I think that what the mother did, the one who set up the fake account, was absolutly disgusting and imature. I think that all parents should not let their children have a myspace, I once shared one but I got off, I really do not find the point and it just created another distraction to my life.

Her mom I think had the right to act the way she did being appoled at the language she used. If Megan expected her mom to calm her down, she would have never known how to grow up and function on her own.

No crime was commited, so I agree that they should not prosicute the lady who did that, but to tell the grieving family to "give it a rest' that is crap....

Shay-

November 22, 2007 at 2:35 pm |
  50. Haley

I believe it was wrong to be harassing the girl but the mother and father were watching over her myspace and should've realized something was wring here. I go to myspace.com everyday, i love it but mine is set to private and i don't talk to anybody i don't know. The lady who was harassing the girl should be in jail and the least of exceptions. I hope this will never happen again!
    GOD BLESS MEGAN'S PARENTS and i will them luck in the future.

November 22, 2007 at 5:54 pm |
  51. Garrett

sad.......very sad.i never went on there,i think.

November 25, 2007 at 1:52 pm |
  52. Thomas

Why would someone do that. She was an alright person but things happen. Post more things about her on this and other places too.

November 25, 2007 at 9:28 pm |
  53. Orrin

What the mother did to the girl wasn't right. She shouldn't have been sending messages to the girl at all unless it was under he own name. It was a bad thing that happened to the girl. Her or her parents should have noticed something odd about it. They should have known stuff like that can happen online anytime.

November 26, 2007 at 12:31 am |
  54. Mandi

I honestly think that the mother does not have a clue as to what sadness she caused to the family. I strongly think that myspace.com should be dismissed from the Internet worldwide. Hasn't the government seen enough murders online?

November 26, 2007 at 7:55 pm |
  55. ryan

i sympathize i really do myspace is a place 4 people to get along not harass each other i was outraged by what those parents did y they did it and UGH! it makes me so mad if anyone has myspace feel free to do ur thing the minute u get harassed tell tom or ur parents so thay can report it megan should be a lesson to all of us

November 27, 2007 at 10:44 am |
  56. Emily

Honestly, I think that the mother who harassed this girl, must be really sick in the head. Also, I feel really bad for Meghan's family. It's extremely sad that Meghan was harassed so much that she just wanted to end her life. Maybe if other people knew about what was happening, she could've gone to counseling or talked to someone about it. This is something for everyone with Myspace accounts to learn from, and although it's very rare, it proves that tragic things like this DO happen!

November 30, 2007 at 9:25 am |
  57. Shreya

I think this is a horrible story. First of all I think myspace is a very horrible website, and that it has caused so many bad incidents about letting bad information going out, so I think it shouldn’t even exist. Knowing that it has even made a person commit suicide, I think someone should take an action to get rid of it. It’s also weird that it was caused by a mother because mothers always want to protect their children from myspace, not let them go on it. so sorry for megan!

November 30, 2007 at 9:27 am |
  58. katie

Why would a parent of another teenager harass a girl to suicide? How did she harass the girl to death? Why didn’t the 13 year old girl delete the friend person, set her profile to private and block the person? To think that a girl my age would kill herself because of another person, shows that people do have power, bullies can ruin peoples life.

November 30, 2007 at 10:20 am |
  59. Hailey

Why would someone do this to a Thirteen year old girl. I don't understand why some person would do that. I feal like this person should be banned from Myspace.com. Some people just don't understand how crule this is. I personly think that the mom harrasd the girl to death. This website causes so much Trouble to the people in the world. My space should be BANNED FOREVER!
    I feel bad for you girl who got badly harassd, probaly by your own mother.

December 3, 2007 at 11:18 am |
  60. Edilberto

This is sad Myspace is relly bad parents need to pay attention of their sons/doughter.

December 3, 2007 at 3:05 pm |
  61. joshua

I think a parinet should have been monitering her online activetes

December 3, 2007 at 3:09 pm |
  62. Garrison and kelsey

Kelsey and I think that myspace shouldn't be for minors. If you do have a myspace you should always keep it on a private profile. Also you shouldn't tell people your name, adress, or any other personal information. The whole point that we are trying to make is that kids underage shouldn't have a myspace because if some one is harrassing you, you should tell an adult immediatly.

December 3, 2007 at 4:31 pm |
  63. aj and katie

I think if people are getting messed with they need to delete there myspace and tell there mom or dad about it and do something about. And we think that myspace should be for older and mature people

December 3, 2007 at 4:35 pm |
  64. Conchita R.

I think this is about the worst thing I have ever heard. Why would you let people talk to you that way? I would ignore them just like we learned in D.A.R.E

December 3, 2007 at 4:36 pm |
  65. Emily

I think this story is pretty unexpected, how could a woman do such a thing to a child. This is kind of scary knowing it's just any other kid like me. There's a lot of kids on my space and hpefully this won't happen again. I wish luck at all those kids out there on my space including my friends. I wonder if they've caught this criminal.....how depressing...I wish luck to those parents.

December 3, 2007 at 4:38 pm |
  66. jordan

Because of that i am going to delete my myspace and i am going to learn about stuff like this

December 3, 2007 at 4:41 pm |
  67. Reyth & Tyler

We don't understand why a full grown adult would do something to a teenager ecspecially if they had a teenager of thier own. Would they want this to happen to thier child? I don't think so.

December 3, 2007 at 4:42 pm |
  68. Abby

Even though I don't have a MySpace ,and I think they are dangerous, things like this can happen. I would expect a teen to harrass someone, but not the mother of the teen! This is very surprising for it to be an adult! Hopfully this will stop future conflicts.

December 3, 2007 at 4:43 pm |
  69. Emily

This is a very sad tragedy and i think that after everything going on, on this site it should be removed. There is nothing right about this, and why would someone want to torture an innisant girl who has done nothing. Having is myspace is very dangerous because even though you may not put any valid information in there are ways people can track you. The intentions of this lady was not right and she should be and example not to talk to strangers, and the real dangers of meeting people online and having acounts on these sites. I hope someone puts a stop to the sites that reveal personal information.

December 3, 2007 at 6:40 pm |
  70. Joseph from Mr.Mayer's class

That is very sad... a neighbor telling another neighbor that the world would be better without her...AN ADULT SHOULD NOT DO THIS!!!!!!!! That was not right of that adult to do that, but it is not against the law.The parents of Megan should have watched her myspace better. Now this might not be a law, but I think it should.

Thanks for listening...

December 3, 2007 at 9:09 pm |
  71. Garrison

The reason why you shouldn't have a myspace is because you never know who you are really talking to. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 4, 2007 at 9:19 am |
  72. Jeff from baker

That is really messed up. First of all that it was a parent that was harrassing her. That the commited suicide for something so little as that she could have just stopped getting on Myspace I mean come on. But I do feel sorry for her family and friends. How did she kill herself?

December 4, 2007 at 11:22 am |
  73. luis from baker six grade campus

the worst part about this is that it was adults doing it. I belivethat lady should be punnished like the teddy bear lady was going to be punished. the daughter is devastated by what her mom did.

December 4, 2007 at 11:29 am |
  74. sophie

This story is so heart breaking, but, i am absoloutly apauled with the fact that the couple that caused her death will not be getting a criminal record. I understand that there is no law that objects online harrassment, so because of this, i think they should make one. every single day children online are harrassed by people and many times, even, sexually, and just like in megans case, this could end up deadly. Online messengers should have a program so that they can see every single persons conversations and can detect any cyber bullying or harrassment. Well, they should consider this option.
    until next time, sophie ❤ xoxo

December 4, 2007 at 2:34 pm |
  75. ♥Kari

A neighbor telling another neighbor that the world would be better without her? That’s just inhumane. Because of the harassment on Myspace, it caused the girl to actually think the cyber-liar was telling the truth. Even though I know MANY people blame Megan’s parents, and the cyber-freak on Myspace, Megan killed herself. The creepy mother did not shoot her, but only helped her. The fate of Megan’s death lies on the mother’s shoulders. What if someone did that to HER daughter? How would she feel then? I think that the mother was wrong, but they can’t do anything about it. Megan is already dead. What can they do to the mother, ban her from any computer and/ or internet? I think there needs to be a law stating that cyber-bullying is the SAME as bullying, illegal and wrong. It can make you do stupid things, but people shouldn't listen to them. Where were Megan's friends? she needed support. she just didn't get it.

December 4, 2007 at 2:44 pm |
  76. Joey

I think the person who did this is an evil person. How can you say such terrible things to a little girl? Also I mean if you are a parent you know how it is to have your child get made fun of so why do this. Myspace is also not a terrible thing it should just be filtered form all the bad words. This lady should be charged though because she made a young girl feel so bad that she killed herself. She should be put in jail and go on the death penalty!

December 4, 2007 at 2:44 pm |
  77. AUSTIN

I am so shocked that there is people out there that would taught online and make someone feel so bad it was worth dieing over. I couldnt believe it was a parent who are supposed to be trying to stop this. they should track the parent down and arrest her for that crime.

December 4, 2007 at 2:46 pm |
  78. Nichole

I feel bad for Megan and her family.But that parent of another teenager is really bad and she should be arrested.

December 4, 2007 at 3:20 pm |
  79. Caylie at Baker 6th grade

I think this is very sad that a girl took her own life because of a Mother on myspace but its horrible that no files are being charged I hope she rests in peace.

December 4, 2007 at 3:22 pm |
  80. CHRIS

I THINK THAT PEOPLE SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL ON MYSPACE BECAUSE THE CONSIQUENSES ARE NOT ALWAYS SO GREAT

December 4, 2007 at 4:41 pm |
  81. Corby

i dont think she should of killed her self i think she should of deleted her myspace thats what i would do but i think that was wrong that that man or girl mad fun of her that just not right.

December 4, 2007 at 4:53 pm |
  82. Ernest

i think the man should go to jail for harrising megan im really soryy for the parents for 13 year old megan he should got to jail for at least get 3 months good bye sorry for you megan.

December 4, 2007 at 4:54 pm |
  83. Jake

I don't think she should of killed herself because of that situation. I think that this set an example for people.And to the sick person that would do this....how could even emagine.

December 4, 2007 at 4:58 pm |
  84. Earon

I think myspace should be band it is unsafe for children and teenagers to have one so many bad things have happend. I just dont know why it was made well I get the point that people like to talk to friends and meet people but other people but other people use it for horrible things .Tom should have made something safer.

December 4, 2007 at 4:58 pm |
  85. Megs

I don't think what the mother did was right! She shouldn't have been sending messages to a teenage girl. If she wanted to talk to her then she should have done it under her own name! I think it's sad how some people can make other people feel so horrible about themselves that they commit suicide. You have to be extremely careful when you create your own pages on the internet and if you don't know somebody that adds you, it would probably be best you if you delete them and not talk to them at all.

December 12, 2007 at 8:49 pm |
  86. Victoria!

Ugh!!!!that makes me soooo mad!!! first of all that girl, yeah she was emotionally abused but still after one time of your mom not taking your side and someone saying bad things doesnt mean you go and kill yourself!!!

And another thing that i think that the mom who was saying stuff to her was also stupid. I mean come on have a little more class!!

The childs mom has got to realize that she also did a bad thing!!! Even though her daughter may have said some things that she shouldn't of said doesn't mean you should totally not guve any sympothy!!

This should be a leason to parents and kids alike that you should never take anything on myspace too seriously because you never know who they really are as you can tell!!

February 5, 2008 at 2:53 am |