October 28th, 2007

Don't Miss Us on Halloween!

No, I'm not going to be in costume, though I did ask.  (My executive producer's expression suggested that it wouldn't be a good idea.)  However... we are planning a special Halloween trip Off the Beaten Path, and you'll see some SERIOUS costumes in that.  I guarantee you they're better than the sheet with the eyeholes cut out.

I miss trick-or-treating.  For some reason, people aren't amused when a 6-foot-2-inch dude in a suit shows up at their doorstep.  They think I'm either selling something or campaigning for office.  If you're planning on a costume, though, tell us about it here!

Filed under: Behind the scenes • Uncategorized
  1. Wagner

Hello, I'm here in Brazil and in my country doesn't have Halloween party. I like this because I don't like these party.
    Brazilians believes "Mula sem Cabeça" ( a horse without its head), "Saci Pererê" (a boy without one leg that live in farms), "Curupira" ( a man that has a fire hair) etc.
    I don't belive these things but I think great that different places have different monsters.

Good bye.

October 29, 2007 at 8:57 am |
  2. Selena

I think you should wear a costume. That would be so funny! I can't believe your 6'2! No offense but you look shorter. You should so wear a costume.

October 29, 2007 at 9:47 am |
  3. Mr. Browder

Back to my 6B class:

Beth- Wednesday Adams
    Harrison- the Black Spiderman

Mr. Browder- I was going as Carl Azuz, but not after he said people frown upon grown-ups trick or treating. The secret is to blend in with a bunch of kids. The parents will think you're with them!

We are not allowing students to dress for Halloween at school this year. We have in the past and teachers had a contest for best dressed. I would usually wear my Gene Simmons mask. But this year its a no-no.

October 29, 2007 at 10:14 am |
  4. Amber

Some kids think you should trick-or-treat at any age. I think you should dress up and go trick-or-treat for fun. How old were you when you last went trick-or-treat and wore a costume?

October 29, 2007 at 2:46 pm |
  5. Sam

Our whole class is going to be Carl Azuz for Halloween and send it in! WE LOVE YOU CARLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Always,
    Mr. Denzer/Lawrence's 2nd Block Class – 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 30, 2007 at 9:23 pm |
  6. Erin

I loved ur costume. That rocked! I didn't get to go trick-or-treating this year. This one guy in my grade came to my house all dressed up and got sooooo embaressed. u should go no matter how old u are!!!! take a nephew or son/daughter!

October 31, 2007 at 10:27 pm |
  7. Carl Azuz, Anchor

Oh, man - I can't believe that some of you were talking about dressing up as ME! Now that's something that would really terrify the neighborhood.
    I remember going out as a vampire once when I was about seven years old. I'm pretty sure the teeth were an adult extra large, so everytime I tried to say "trick or treat," it sounded more like "thick or theet." People didn't say anything insulting, though - they just gave me a chocolate bar and quietly wished I'd leave.
    I bet that's exactly what they'd do if I went trick-or-treating now...

November 4, 2007 at 5:23 pm |
  8. mariah

we are not letting kids dress up for holoween.some one got suspendid for dressing up in a scary costume.

November 11, 2007 at 11:59 pm |