.
October 14th, 2007

Where Am I?

I spoke at Snellville Middle School last week, and some students there asked me what I do on Mondays and Tuesdays, when Monica anchors the show.  I'm usually stretched out on a blindingly bright beach in the South Pacific, listening to waves lapping on the sand, lazily wondering if I should ever return to Atlanta...

Actually, I'm either assisting in production, writing original reports for the program, voicing the interstitial segments, writing scripts for the show itself, or a little bit of everything.  It's not quite the same as a far-off Fijian reverie, but it pays the bills.

On Sunday, for example, Jordan had the day off, so I was in the writer's seat, crafting what Monica would say on Monday's show.  So my question for you is... could you tell?

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Alfred

hello ,I am a Chinese university student. I like your program a lot.You are my favorite anchor man. I dream of being an anchor man just like you.if i could ask you to give me some advice?

October 15, 2007 at 10:45 am |
  2. JD

I was wondering how we could get you to come to speak to my classes? The kids really relate to you and your sense of humor.

October 15, 2007 at 3:01 pm |
  3. a person

yeah i could tell, kinda obvious!

October 15, 2007 at 7:50 pm |
  4. Marcus Harun

Hi Mr.Azuz,
    Thank you so much for featuring me on CNN student news! I am absolutely a big fan [as you said]! I was first excited that you chose to put me up on CNN.com, and then today I was surprised I saw myself on CNN Student News. I really appreciate it.

I hope you enjoyed the video, it took a long time to edit, and make it exactly like CNN. I hope to one day work with you, and everyone there at [the real] CNN. I hope to see you again!

Thanks again,
    Marcus Harun

October 17, 2007 at 10:12 pm |
  5. Sam

Hi Mr. Azuz,
    I was just like some of the other people wondering how we could connect to you to come to our school. My Social Studies teacher has us watch CNN Student News every day and we would all love a chance to meet you. I really like the show and I hope that you guys will continue doing it. I also hope that you get this. Thanks so much,
    Sam

October 18, 2007 at 5:45 pm |

Carl–
    (Mind if I call you that)

It's great that you can bring a sense of humor to the news that students watching can relate to. And sometimes, it's nice to step away from the spotlight. (Okay, for me, it's a HUGE relief.) I really enjoy watching CNN Student News. It gives you straight-forward, easy to digest news and doesn't bog you down with depressing news stories, but keeps it serious. It's nice to know that some news programs REALLY know how to connect with their audience. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Au revoir!

-Alex

October 18, 2007 at 9:04 pm |
  7. sychar

hello my name is sychar .. Im in junior high in illinios. you be always in the air.. your my idol.. all my classmates love you. they want you in the show.. i love your program a lot!

October 24, 2007 at 11:29 pm |
  8. Trevor

Carl,
    Everyday in my history class at Sumner High School, in Sumner Washington we watch the student news. We all have "Carl" time and look foreward to your awesome jokes. I just turned 18 so im going to get an Azuz tatoo on my arm, because your the MAN. If you could do a shoutout to our Contemporary world class, that would be the best. i idolize you.
    Keep pimpin, ur the MAN

October 26, 2007 at 4:58 pm |
  9. Amy

I personaly could tell just because she had lokes in her script a little more often. I think it sounded good, but I think lokes fit you better.

October 27, 2007 at 9:25 pm |
  10. Mike

Carl i would like to tell you i am in a 2 hour block class at a high school in Michigan. we love you're show especially though you! so i was hoping that you would come here and speak sometime? well i hope you can find time in your busy work day to come here and talk with us.

November 7, 2007 at 8:51 am |
  11. Joseph from Mr.Mayer's class

No, I thought you did a great job, keep up the GREAT work.

December 3, 2007 at 9:39 pm |